Speaker 1: Per It's Me Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Me Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Jannis Poutellis, Ryan Callahan, Mackenzie, elm Quist, Randall Williams, Maddie Layman, Seth Morris and Hunter Spencer. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from Mead Theater's four verticals which are hunting, Fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing for the start of the week. This week we're looking at our best performers in the hunting category for those who have been to a minimum of five shows. The leader in the pack, Do you want to make a prediction? And who has Who's our best player in the hunting category Randall Brody also going.
Speaker 3: To say Brody.
Speaker 2: The leader of the pack is Brody, who gets seventy three percent percent of hunting questions right. That's that's followed by Randall at sixty seven percent, Hunter at sixty four percent, Giannis at sixty percent, Steve at fifty five percent, cal at fifty two percent and Mark Kenyon at fifty percent. They are our only players who get more than half of their hunting questions correct. Brody though seventy three percent three out of four hunting.
Speaker 4: I think we could do a thing where we just don't mentioned Brody unless he's here.
Speaker 2: Oh about that interesting, you've broken the rule multiple times. Here's our zero percenter question of the week, which tests how much knowledge players have retained from previous games previous games. This question was from episode three fifty seven. The topic was biology, and nobody got it right. It was also the second ever time that we had a zero percenter on a multiple choice question. Here it is, according to a nineteen eighty one study in the Journal of Mammology, what North American mammal has the most color variations? Was it black bear, fox squirrel, eastern cottontail rabbit, or red fox. I know that Hunter knows this, so we're going to let someone else answer. What do you think the answer is? Which one of those has the most color variations? Fox squirrel, red fox? Fox squirrel was right. Nobody got it right the day that we played, though, they said fox squirrels are commonly found in gray, silver, brown, cream, red, beige, and black, and that Florida alone has six distinct colors of fox squirrel.
Speaker 5: Well it was a total when like twenty four or five.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I think they had a specific number, but they talked about how you can have like the dorsal hairs can be a different color, they can have a different color tail. Sometimes their heads are even a little bit different. But the most diverse in North America for mammals.
Speaker 4: The only reason I got that right is because I knew that no one got it right previously, so I just went with.
Speaker 2: The eastern cottontail rabbit. That could be a bad answer too, Yeah, you said that one. We have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous game of trivia, we had a question about states with the most tornadoes. This prompted someone in the room to ask what the boundaries of Tornado Alley are, which it turns out there are none. Tornado Alley is a loosely defined area that stretches as far south as Texas, to as far north as North Dakota, to as far west as Wyoming, and to as far east as Ohio. Most agree that the primary alley is the Great Plains, but new research suggests this is shifting east. Since nineteen seventy nine, there have been fewer twisters in the heart of Tornado Alley and more tornadoes in places such as Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. This has inspired meteorologists to create the nickname Dixie Alley, which refers to the Mississippi Valley and Tennessee Valley where tornadoes are prevalent. Cal have you how many tornadoes have you experienced in Montana?
Speaker 6: I've seen funnel clouds.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean that's the closest threat.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely about Nadho.
Speaker 2: You lived in Idaho for a little bit.
Speaker 6: No, not neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Kind of miss having that little threat of severe weather living out here.
Speaker 6: It's amazing when you see one right like, oh that there's no mistaking what it is.
Speaker 7: That's neat.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I don't need to feel the power.
Speaker 1: We didn't see the funnel cloud.
Speaker 4: But we were canoeing the breaks one time and had a crazy storm and we had to pull off the river like four or five times, and lightning and thunder and all that. And when we got out, we went to the bar and they're like, oh, you guys were out in the tornado. It would have been a lot more fun had we been able to say we saw it, but apparently we were in the tournament.
Speaker 2: You were the tornado.
Speaker 6: Yeah, water spouts seemed like water spouts, you know, four pack andy and stuff. They exposed bodies. Those are impressive too.
Speaker 2: Eastern Washington. They must be like the dust Devil capital of the world. Those things are crazy. They're everywhere I had and we were driving through. I had to point out to my wife all the time, like dust devil, dust devil. And then within like five minutes because not unique anymore. The Shelby inext for today's round is a five, So I'm putting us perfect game alert. With that, We're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop Phil.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's the clot.
Speaker 1: I need to know what I stand everything? How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 6: It'd be fun to put that little bit conversation in a bunch of different contexts and be like, which one is the most appropriate?
Speaker 2: Which conversation the what do I stand when? Question one? The topic is haunting and has always this is multiple choice. Which of these animals has the highest minimum score in the Pope and Young Record books? Is it a typical Colombian blacktail, deer, Canada, moose, Alaska, brown bear, or rocky mountain goat. Which of these animals has the highest minimum score in the Pope Young Record Books.
Speaker 7: Your four choices, so let's just say it, the four choices. If the minimum for those four was one inch, two inch, three inch, and four inch, you would want us to write down the one that has four inches, one that has four inches.
Speaker 2: The highest minimum score. Your four choices are a typical Colombian black tail, deer, Canada, moose, Alaska, brown bear, rocky mountain goat.
Speaker 6: And we're just doing the boring version of this where you just right.
Speaker 2: We need to time travel again here, cal this episode is coming out before we have an episode where we put a new twist on it. We do not score the game by one point at a time. We do something a little bit differently, and that will come out here.
Speaker 5: Let's not reference the winners or losers of the creator.
Speaker 1: Rift in the space time continuum.
Speaker 2: Which of these animals that are listening to this minimum score in the Pope and Young Record books typical Colombian blacktail, deer, Canada, moose, Alaska, brown bear, rocky mountain goat. Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers with Seth saying moose, Cal saying typical Columbia blacktail hunter sang blast tail. Maddie sang Alaska brown bear. Mackenzie sang Alaska brown bear, Yanni saying moose. Randall saying moose. The correct answer is moose. But this is so typical you folks got it right. A an Alaska brown bear minimum score is twenty, A Rocky Mountain goat is forty, a typical Colombian blacktail deer is ninety five, and a Canada moose is one thirty five. The Pope and Young world record Canada moose was two hundred and twenty two inches and it was killed in nineteen eighty eight in Quebec. The world record velvet Canada moose was one hundred and sixty eight inches and was killed in two thousand and three in Alberta.
Speaker 6: So are you just saying, like, was this question the biggest number? Yes, and so it didn't matter per species. I was thinking you were asking if you wanted to go get an easy p and y record this one if you just draw the tag and shoot it with an arrow you will be in the Pope and Young record books.
Speaker 2: Now we said the highest minimum score. The way they list their scores is the minimum score to get in for a typical white tail is one twenty five. So we're looking at the highest minimum which.
Speaker 6: I think you're thinking of the most entries, easiest entries, right, So like like you kill an antelope with your bow. Uh, it's pretty damn easy to get a Pope and Young antelope.
Speaker 2: In that case. Cal I think you still would have been wrong because the Alaska brown bears is a twenty and the Columbia Blacktails in ninety five. I think the room understood we're gonna move on question two.
Speaker 6: I am not a part of the room, or I was.
Speaker 1: I got another version of that question where a goat was the right answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just joking.
Speaker 7: Question too.
Speaker 2: The topic is biology. This next great question comes to us via Ryan Bates. This cavity nester is the only duck in North America that produces two broods in one year. Yanni with a very cartoonish response. He said a ya ya ya when he heard the question topic is biology. This cavity nester is the only duck in North America that produces two broods in one year. Maddie, you seem confident. Do you have this one right? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, a duck name that I know.
Speaker 6: I am confident about naming a duck.
Speaker 2: This cavity Nester is the only duck in North America that produce his two broods in one year? Does everybody have an answer? Randall? I do, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying wood duck, cal saying wood duck, Hunter saying Spoonbill, Maddie saying Mallard, Mackenzie saying ruddy duck, Giannis saying wood duck, Randall saying tundra swan.
Speaker 1: I spencer les questions about thunder swans.
Speaker 2: He wanted he wanted to poke at me so terribly that he went with something that wasn't even a duck, despite I was gonna get daph duck. The correct answer is wood duck. A few folks got it. A wood duck will produce six to fifteen eggs each time. In the North, they only have one brood per year, but in the South they'll sometimes produce two broods each year. One study found that they're more likely to have a second brood in years where the nesting season is his longest, and that the first nesting always has more eggs.
Speaker 6: That's where they get that saying about Southern ducks. You know they're a little more promiscuous.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you know that one cal they'll kick out two broods a year sometimes? I did you did? Okay? I think some of our other players.
Speaker 7: They will they kick out a second one if the first one is successful.
Speaker 2: I think so. So they have.
Speaker 7: Two successful bruises.
Speaker 2: I think they're learning a lot about It's only like twenty percent of them, even in the South that will do the second brood. Question three, The topic is public lands. What California National Park shares its name with a Toyota sport utility vehicle? Randall seems to have it. Cal Yanni and Hunter are joining them with answers. Is the question again? What California National Park shares its name with a Toyota sport utility vehicle? Kenzie is trying to think of all the national parks she knows in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: How many can you think of?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just thinking about Toyotas.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, going that route instead. Maybe that's a better way to come up with the right answers. You can take two ways to get there. Think of the nations in California or the SUVs that you know what? California National Park shares its name with a Toyota sport utility vehicle. Yanni, do you have this one right?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm blinking right now, like so hard.
Speaker 2: Sam cal do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I have a Toyota written down.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ever owned an SUV in your life?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know that was no suv?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 6: I had a Toyota truck.
Speaker 7: I just want to blurt out Toyota model names right now.
Speaker 6: When I was hiking through what were you doing hiking through Corolla for hyaking?
Speaker 7: I didn't know if that if you're hiking or kayaking?
Speaker 6: Oh, it was just I've been mentally abused talking about things so many times in this game.
Speaker 1: TRD off Road Package National Park.
Speaker 2: Seth, you think you have a better chance at thinking of the SUVs or the California National Parks? You have no answer right now?
Speaker 8: Definitely, Well, m I don't know.
Speaker 2: Everybody else ready, I don't know Seth used to.
Speaker 7: Be a Toyota man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but they want named after.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. Yes, Seth without an answer, cal and Hunter saying Sequoya. Maddie without an answer, Mackenzie and Jannis and Randall all saying Sequoya. They got it.
Speaker 8: That makes me feel better. I thought it was gonna be something very obvious.
Speaker 2: Correct answer, Sekoya.
Speaker 6: Doesn't it just sound like?
Speaker 7: How many words are they out there that have all vowels included?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yanni, that's a there's probably a good word for words like that. Toyota chose the name Sequoya because those are the biggest trees in the world, and this is the biggest SUV in their lineup. Sequoia National Park has been around since eighteen ninety. It was our second national park and was created to protect the tree that it's named after. Question four, The topic is gear. This next great question comes to his via Daniel Kraus. What's the term that describes the distance between your eye and the lens on a pair of binoculars?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Topic is gear? What's the term that describes the distance between your eye and the lens on a pair of binoculars? Hunter? Do you have this one right?
Speaker 8: Hope?
Speaker 2: So, caln Randall seem confident as well. Seth. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 7: M hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I have no idea, Yanni, I.
Speaker 7: Believe so.
Speaker 2: Used to host a whole dang podcast. Do you think you ever said this term in your days of hosting?
Speaker 7: No? Okay, did not cover this topic.
Speaker 6: It's a term.
Speaker 2: What's the term that describes the distance between your eye and the lens on a pair of binoculars?
Speaker 8: And the term is it just binoculars? You could just work for a scope too.
Speaker 2: I can give you any hints, No, hens, Amanda, what inspired that little well?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm just trying to be more open and honest about myself. And the truth is, I like to sing.
Speaker 2: I think I think our audience learned that when you started singing a sea shanty from Jaws. Phil, I'm going to your musical tomorrow night? Is it a musical? And I keep I misidentifying your music tomorrow? Gonna be there tomorrow, that's right, Hunter going to.
Speaker 1: It's a screwball comedy from the nineteen thirty to talk.
Speaker 5: About it really well, it's I know, Tomorrow's pretty packs. I think there's still at least a handful of seats at every show. But it's it's it's tight because I know, I think because your whole family even got bad seats.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 6: Because your whole family came into town.
Speaker 2: Phil, you said there's no bad, no bad seats in that theater.
Speaker 5: Well, oh yeah, I mean bad. It's it's all relish sure answer.
Speaker 2: Here we go time traveling again. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying I relief, cal saying parallax, Hunter saying I relief, Maddie without an answer, Mackenzie saying relief, Giannis saying I relief, Randall saying parallax. The correct answer is I relief. We'll give it to Mackenzie for just saying relief. I don't think it's paralyze actuse. I could google that to see if that's the same thing, but.
Speaker 6: I mean sounds better.
Speaker 8: I think it is.
Speaker 6: Focusing right yeah, well yep, but that's what it's adjusting.
Speaker 2: For, right between the distance between your eye and the lens. I don't think so. I relief is important for seeing clearly through binos. Too close and you'll have kidney shaped shadows around the image. Too far and you won't see the full image. This is measured in millimeters and is usually between between ten and twenty on hunting binoculars.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for binoculars.
Speaker 7: So it's like, yeah, it would have been better if he said yeah. Is focusing your crosshairs to the distance of the target right so you can see both clearly?
Speaker 2: Question five the topic is fishing. Whatever your pickup is facing west, you're backing up a boat with your left hand at the six o'clock position on the steering wheel. You want the boat to go north? To which direction? Should you move your hand north?
Speaker 1: Cardinal direction?
Speaker 2: Right? You really got to follow along here. There are multiple correct answers to this. Here it is again, your pickup is facing west. You're backing up a boat with your left hand at the six o'clock position on the steering wheel. You want the boat to go north? To which direction should you move your hand?
Speaker 7: Are we assuming that when your pickup is facing west.
Speaker 9: It's straight, that the trailer and boat are It's all straight, is all lined up, It's it's as straight as it could possibly be.
Speaker 6: Yannie, Okay, you want a fun fact?
Speaker 2: Maybe is it going to give out a hint?
Speaker 6: No, it's not, But yes, this came up recently. I got a little undercover opportunity to go drive the back end of a ladder truck on like a full blown fire truck, you know, ladder.
Speaker 2: Track undercover fireman explain that to me.
Speaker 1: He's pretending to be a fireman.
Speaker 6: I put a fireman hat on and went out with a bunch of firemen and got to drive the rear end of the truck, and holy cow, was it a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, here's here's the question again. When you're an obstacle course, really pay attention here.
Speaker 3: I just had to draw it out.
Speaker 2: Your pickup is facing west. You're backing up a boat with your left hand at the six o'clock position on the steering wheel. You want the boat to go north to which direction should you move your hand?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Things throwing me off as I won't have my hand at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: No, really, where would you put your hand?
Speaker 7: Twelve? Okay, me too, Spencer.
Speaker 2: You would also go twelve? Where you'd go six?
Speaker 6: This is the easy way to teach people, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: That's how I learned?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, okay, sorry too much jib or jiber. I can't write at the same time and to.
Speaker 2: Read the prompt one more time. Is your last chance to hear it. If you're playing along at home and not watching on YouTube. Phil has the this is an American pickup YouTube. Your pickup is facing west. You're backing up a boat with your left hand at the six o'clock position on the steering wheel. You want the boat to go north to Which direction should you move your hand? Is everybody ready? Randall?
Speaker 9: Ye?
Speaker 6: What? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: This room does that to people.
Speaker 2: Mackenzie A lot of racing. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not a racing I can prove I can prove it. I just I mess up when I turn it over and you want it to be legible.
Speaker 4: To be clear, you're sitting in the driver's seat.
Speaker 1: Are you driving the weirdal.
Speaker 2: You wear?
Speaker 8: Are you wearing shoes?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 5: One clarification I have?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 5: Do you want the boat to go north or face north?
Speaker 2: You want the boat to go north? Is everybody ready? Do you want like a clockwise or do you want multiple ways to come up with the correct answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying right or counterclockwise, cal saying left or north. Hunters saying right, Mackenzie saying counterclockwise, be honest saying counterclockwise. Randall's saying right or counter the correct There are three potential correct answers.
Speaker 6: You move your hand you want the boat to go.
Speaker 2: The three correct answers are right, north, or counterclockwise. Now cal put conflicting answers. We're not going to give it to him. He put that you move your hand left and north, which.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time having the left hand at the six o'clock.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 1: That's why I was wondering, if you're driving a Japanese.
Speaker 6: If you're facing west.
Speaker 2: Now cow gave out a hint, saying that this is the beginner way to back up. Placing your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel while backing up a trailer is one of the easiest ways to master this chore. Simply put, if you want the trailer to go left, then move your hand left or clockwise. If you want the trailer to go right, then move your hand right or counterclockwise. Had some extra information there. It doesn't man if you matter if you're holding the steering wheel with your left or right hand. I don't know if that threw anybody off That was question five. Phil.
Speaker 4: If you're standing between your legs like a center, if you're wearing glasses on the autumn equalox.
Speaker 3: Oh did you guys see the what was it called?
Speaker 7: Yeah? The eclipse?
Speaker 3: The eclipse. We were outfeast hunting and I saw it and it was pretty cool.
Speaker 7: Oh I about that.
Speaker 6: It didn't really come through.
Speaker 3: You have to do like the thing where you like this and look through your fingers at it.
Speaker 8: I shot an antlope during the eclipse.
Speaker 3: Like right when it was happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, damn, did you wait till the Eclips'll just stalk in.
Speaker 5: I saw that picture.
Speaker 8: I thought it looked like kind of dark looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fell We're halfway through the game of Trea.
Speaker 8: Never happened again.
Speaker 1: It was just a cool filter.
Speaker 2: Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: You got Maddie with zero points, Cal has two Randalls, Mackenzie and Hunter I'll have three, Seth has four, and Yannis has a perfect game.
Speaker 2: No way to tell n No question six good questions here. Question six the topic is hunting. This next great question comes to a via Justin Schmidt, who sells the legendary A five shotgun.
Speaker 8: My god, it's my dream gun.
Speaker 2: Mmmm. Who sells the legendary A five shotgun? Randall and Hunter and Seth are all confident? Cal and Yanni are joining them?
Speaker 1: Is it.
Speaker 6: Retail?
Speaker 2: You can catch me on a technicality there if you wrote down your own names.
Speaker 1: God Steve wasn't here for that.
Speaker 2: Now, Yanni, why do you prefer hand at the twelve o'clock when backing up a boat.
Speaker 6: Because you look like an adult.
Speaker 7: It just is more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Here's the question again, who sells the legendary A five shotgun? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth and Cal. What's that say? Cal Browning, Cal Sang Browning, Seth Sang Browning, Hunter Sang Browning, Maddy Sang Reading, Mackenzie Sang Weatherby Giannis Sang, Bretta Randall saying Browning. The correct answer is Browning. Yanni lost his perfect game. The A five, which is short for Auto five, was the first mass produced semi auto shotgun in the world. It was designed by John Browning in eighteen ninety eight, patented in nineteen hundred, and produced continually until nineteen ninety eight. It's known for its distinctive high rear end, which earned it the nickname humpback. Question seven, the topic is cooking.
Speaker 8: You sold one ron, yeah, and then what should have done?
Speaker 1: Profited?
Speaker 2: And then buy a new one by a wedding.
Speaker 4: Ring talking to the guy who can't use paypaller Venmo for selling too many guns on the internet.
Speaker 2: Question question seven, the topic is cooking. What real life restaurant chain was created by Forrest Gump after he bought a fishing boat?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What real life restaurant chain was created by Forrest Gump after he bought a ship? After he bought a fishing boat?
Speaker 6: I could give you a brought.
Speaker 2: The room seems pretty confident minus Mackenzie. Maybe Maddie, Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Can see the billboard for it.
Speaker 2: And we have you seen the movie? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Has everyone seen the movie?
Speaker 1: One of my favorites.
Speaker 2: What real life restaurant chain was created by Forrest Gump after he bought a fishing boat? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: No? I'm just making something up.
Speaker 6: Browning A five.
Speaker 7: We used to have competition, not really competitions, but amongst a bunch of fishing guides.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: If you couldn't back a trailer up very well, then you're poked at a lot. I remember some of the younger guys or senior guys that couldn't back traders up. They would get they would get sensitive about it. Did you experience that too, Cal?
Speaker 6: Oh, it screws everything up like it's the hallmark of being a professional at the river access.
Speaker 3: It's a guides borrow one. K. I mean you don't really have much else.
Speaker 7: You don't, You don't.
Speaker 8: I've seen some disasters at the boat.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Bubba Gump shrimp company, Cal saying Bubba Gump. Hunter sang Bubba Gump, Maddie saying Popeyes, Mackenzie saying Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, and Randall saying Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. They got it. The correct answer is Bubba Gump shrimp Company.
Speaker 6: Do you have to say shrimp company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll give it to you. You just said Bubba Gump. In the nineteen ninety four movie, Forrest buys a shrimping boat with the earnings he made while playing ping pong. He makes Lieutenant Dan his first mate in their business. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company takes off after being the only boat to survive Hurricane Carmen. According to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, they're the only casual restaurant chain in the world that's based on a motion picture property. Today there are thirty four Bubba Gump Shrimp Companies in eight countries.
Speaker 6: Because I don't want to know if you started it, if the food's good.
Speaker 2: Right, because Forrest Gump, Oh, has anyone ever eaten it? One?
Speaker 5: I never know.
Speaker 6: It's one of the only crappy It's one of many crappy food options in the airport in CanCon.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that's where I saw. I literally, it's right at security.
Speaker 2: They have that horrible Yeah, give us a horrible that's your That'd be the headline. Horrible Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, if you want to throw money away.
Speaker 7: Guys, you're did you get tripped?
Speaker 4: You're really killing our odds of getting like a nice gift package from public.
Speaker 6: Maybe they have beer.
Speaker 2: Question The topic is woodsmanship. This next great question comes with via Charlie McDonald.
Speaker 9: If you were to mate, the three sides of the fire triangle are heat, fuel, and blank.
Speaker 2: The three sides of the fire triangle are heat, fuel, and blank. Our room is very confident this may be the one hundred of this game. Okay, Maddy recoiled a little bit when I said that, now, Randall before. The reason I phrased it as selling the shotgun, which as you pointed out it is probably incorrect, is because for a while someone else made it for them. I think it was what is it, the Remington Model eleven. It's the exact same, so that's why I don't remember who it was, but someone else was making it for Browning for a bit.
Speaker 1: Real pro move there.
Speaker 2: Well, then you know you've told the wool over my eyes. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 7: I think, so go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying humidity, cal saying air after saying oxygen, Maddie saying.
Speaker 6: I had changed mine from oxygen.
Speaker 2: Mackenzie Johannis, and Randall All saying oxygen. The correct answer is oxygen or air. The fire triangle is meant to illustrate what the three mandatory ingredients are to create fire. The fire triangle is a term that's used by organizations like the National Park Service, US Forest Service, and National Fire Protection Association, but some groups have the fire tetrahedron tetrahedron instead, which adds combustion or chemical reaction as the fourth element. Caw, the guy who got to go be an undercover fireman couldn't come up with the third side or the guy who the guy who was fought forest fire said humidity. That's next level. You're going for the five sided.
Speaker 5: We just tried to put him out, you know, we weren't trying to get him get him going.
Speaker 2: We have two questions left. Give us a scoreboard up, dare.
Speaker 8: Well, this is exciting.
Speaker 5: The only player who's not left in the running is Maddie.
Speaker 8: But we have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, it's not exciting for you. We have the Kenzie and Cal have five points, Seth and Randall and Hunter all have six, and the Honis is in first place with seven points.
Speaker 3: This is a personal record.
Speaker 6: Question nine, did you only you only slipped up on the browning? So far?
Speaker 7: So far?
Speaker 2: And how close were you to put browning there? Yannie?
Speaker 7: Not close?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 2: Question nine conviction letters. The topic is conservation. This invasive mollusc with zigzag stripes was discovered in the United States in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: Name its cousin.
Speaker 2: The room is pretty confident. Topic is conservation. This invasive mollusc with zigzag stripes was discovered in the United States in nineteen eighty eight. Without giving me hints, Seth, have you ever come across one of these?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 8: I think I have?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Okay, anyone else count one of these? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: I was fishing on the Great Lakes, one of the Great Lakes, and you'd snag clusters.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, I'll.
Speaker 2: Go ahead in oak Hunter, Spencer, are you ready? Go ahead and revere your answer. We have Seth saying zebra muscle, cal saying zebra hunter? Was that going to be a z or? Is that a question?
Speaker 7: Question?
Speaker 2: Maddie and Mackenzie and Yannis and Randall saying zebra muscle? They got it. The correct answer is zebra muscles. Zebra muscles most likely arrived here in the ballast water of what was discharged into the Great Lakes from European ships. They have quickly become one of the worst invaders in the country. The biggest problems they cause are out competing native muscles and clogging up water intakes for power plants and irrigation. Question ten nothing from the leaderboard change did it fill correct.
Speaker 5: Well, uh well, Hunter, yeah, Hunter no longer in the running. We've got Yannis, Randall, and Seth left, and Giannis has eight. Randall and Seth have seven.
Speaker 2: Question ten. The topic is woodsmanship. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Brendan Compton for sending this great question. Brennan is going to get a board game signed by the med Eater crew. If you want to win our listener Question of the Week, then send your question to trivia at the meadeater dot com. This tree with a color in its name is the most widely distributed conifer in the Eastern United States. This is according to the USDA. This is a statement they made. This tree with a color in its name is the most widely distributed conifer in the Eastern United States. Yanni looks satisfied with his answer. Yanni, is this going to pull you away from the competition?
Speaker 7: I have an answer written down. I am now going to try to think of other conifers with colors in their name.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seth, do you know this one?
Speaker 8: I'm torn between two. Okay, I went with my gut.
Speaker 2: We're down to Yanni and Randall and is it Seth Seth or the other player left. We would need Yanni to get this wrong and Randall and Seth to get this right to go to overtime. Here's the question again. This tree with a color in its name is the most widely distributed conifer in the eastern United States. This was a statement made by the u s d. A. Is everybody ready, It doesn't matter for me though, you're going for a personal best Mackenzie, I want to it is everyone ready? Yeah, I'll tell you what happened. Yanni just revealed his answer to Randall, and Randall said.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well we have different answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good drama.
Speaker 7: Let me you got ahead and answers.
Speaker 2: We have set saying white pine, Kel saying blue spruce, Hunter saying white oak, Maddie saying blue spruce. Mackenzie without an answer, Yanna is saying white pine, Randall saying blue spruce. The correct answer is red cedar. Nobody red cedar or juniper could say either. Nobody got it right, and Yanni is our winners. This is according to the USDA. The range of the red cedar has considerably extended, especially into the Great Plains. It has the ability to grow under extreme conditions in a variety of soils and can quickly take over an area. Their numbers were historically controlled by fire, but due to a lack of burns, they've been one of the most abundant trees on the continent. Red cedar the salt cedar too.
Speaker 6: Is it the same or not the same?
Speaker 2: There's something weird with Like cedars aren't native to North America, so this is technically a red juniper. It's native to the con it, but everyone just calls it a red seedar.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 7: People use them for white tail habitat you're asking.
Speaker 2: No, people try to eliminate that most times. So well, at least where I'm from in South Dakota. They can like really take over a pasture, so the folks will do their best to get rid of them.
Speaker 8: There's I know some folks that have used them for like thermal cover and stuff for white tails.
Speaker 2: They create good cover, but almost too good of covers.
Speaker 6: Sometimes sinks or straws or whatever. They suck up too much water. What do they look like a juniper?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, a lot of them. I think a lot of them end up being more shrubby thanky.
Speaker 3: They're not like tall, Do.
Speaker 2: You have any red Wisconsin?
Speaker 7: We do not.
Speaker 1: You're making me feel like I'm really far behind on all these We.
Speaker 5: Have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of white pine. Yanni, you get to choose where the five hundred dollars donations from meat Eater goes. What's it gonna be.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna stick with the one I voted for last time, which is the Coloradden's for Responsible Wildlife Management, who are spearheading the fight against Colorado ballot Initiative ninety one, I believe, which is the they're going to try to ban trophy hunting and they're sort of trying to decide how they're going to define trophy hunting right now. So I urge everybody to kick down some cash to Colorado Coloradden's for Responsible Wildlife Management because they need all that they can get. We heard that the opposition has a million bucks per month to spend over the next year to pass it in their favor.
Speaker 6: Somebody needs to get proactive in that state and just come up with a bill that makes ballot box biology illegal.
Speaker 7: Yes, I believe that that's being discussed, and.
Speaker 2: A lot of reasons not until I get but Yanni, you personally said it hit home because of the mountain lion hunting aspect.
Speaker 7: Of it, right, Yeah, I mean that it does there, and I spent I lived for a long time in Colorado, so it hits home on that aspect as well. But I think that if you're a hunter and it doesn't hit home, I think that you're you're being fooled. Because we recently heard that another state official down there said asked, well, if we're gonna outlaw the mountain lion and bobcat hunting, and they've included links as well, why are we still going to allow the trophy hunting of black bears and bighorn sheet So you see how easy it would be to just start lumping any sort of animal that you like to put on your wall Randall into this and then losing more hunting rights or freezer in my garage.
Speaker 2: So there's there's Randall's meat is in your garage and your freezer.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't have room for two freezers, and yeah I don't. I don't get to enjoy the fuzzy parts, just the freezer taking up space in my garage.
Speaker 2: Well done, you oni five hundred dollars going their way. Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.