Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 2: Hi, is this Marissa?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: How are you doing Marissa?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: How are you Marissa? It says here that you're twenty seven years old from California. It says that you lied to a bunch of people that your mom died and that and then you moved away and then now you have to face the people that you lied to.
Speaker 1: Is this the gay?
Speaker 2: This is Marisa?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: How did you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Marissa? Why did you lie to a bunch of people that your mom died? Let's start there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I lied to begin with because I just have a very I had a very tumultuous, just kind of crazy upbringing and a rough childhood, so to speak, and my mom wasn't in my life, and it gets kind of exhausting having to answer people, you know, where's your mom? What happened? Why aren't you guys on good terms? And I made up the shitty lie that she passed away and I had died to avoid having to answer any more questions about my mom and kind of having to bring up trauma for me over and over again. And you know, I told this to everybody that I worked with, my roommates, everyone, and my roommate even knew her. We were friends for like over a decade, and he first hand knew her. And I ended up leaving the job. A couple of years later. We moved to southern California and I am reconnecting with my mom and the relationship is starting to thrive again, and my partner and I we are kind of moving towards marriage, and I brought up the discussion of what's gonna happen if my mom comes to our wedding and all these people that I'm friends with and I love I want at the wedding also, and they're gonna come face to face with my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a pretty funny scenario. So tell me what happened to all right, So you had to kind of shit a relationship with your mom. She wasn't there, so you didn't feel like explaining it to people, so you just told them all she died, which is understandable. I'll say that what happened to make it so that you guys repair to your relationship later on.
Speaker 1: I I've just done a lot of growing. I've looked into myself a lot, and you know, is it worth hanging on to all this negative feelings towards her, is it worth kind of living in the past still, just by being so angry at her? And you know, I never even knew her aside from you know, the drug usage and all of that. So I just have been working on myself a lot these last couple of years, especially since we moved to southern California, and trying to seek what's just peep inside of myself. And so I found sure my mom and I messaged her on Facebook and I told her that I had basically forgiven her, and I found that in myself I had forgiven her. And I told her I don't need her to respond anything. I just want her to know that she's okay with me, and I'm okay with her, and if we're not on each other's life, that's fine. I just I didn't want could die knowing that my mom thinks I hated her, and I don't hate her. I just realized she you know, she has a lot of trauma. She made a lot of shitty decisions and a lot of bad decisions that ultimately affected me and my childhood. And I just I got over that. I was ready to forgive her. So now she's present and we've been talking to each other for the last seven or eight months now, and things have been really great, and she's changed into a whole other person and I really admire her.
Speaker 4: And she's just.
Speaker 1: Come a long way since all of the drug usage and all of just the narcissistic abuse, and I'm proud of her, and so I'm happy to, you know, tell my partner, Hey, we could potentially have my mom at my wedding or our wedding. And I never thought that was possible, but holy shit, we have.
Speaker 5: A whole nother problem.
Speaker 1: Everyone thinks she's dead.
Speaker 2: No, okay, So first of all, first of all, that's a that's an amazing story.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 2: That's pretty wild. Uh, I don't know, I mean, don't have to get into the details of of what it was like growing up with your mom or any of that stuff. But for you to, you know, now that you're older, summon the forgiveness to reach out to your mom and go, we're cool, and then after that, for your mom to reveal herself to you as a whole other person who you enjoy being around, who you say you admire, I mean, that's that's pretty that's pretty sweet. That's pretty wild to me. Uh, and and and yeah, it's probably she was on the.
Speaker 1: East coast, so we we won't have a chance to kind of like be in person together. So it makes rekindling the relationship a lot easier. I don't have to fake her, but I do feel like shit, obviously that I've fucking made this huge lie up about my mom and now here she is. I never thought that she would ever be back in my life and I'm.
Speaker 5: Shitty.
Speaker 2: No, Marissa, you don't have shat your pants. And here's why. The Rissa, the truth of this whole thing is perfectly understandable to people, like tell like I mean, I mean, your only problem, Your only problem is that it's a long ish story. But dude, if anyone asks Marissa, tell them the truth, they'll understand the truth. Like, here's the truth. Your mom was shitty when you were growing up, and you resented her for a while, and so to you, she pretty much was dead. She was out of your life, and you didn't want to have to explain to people the complexities of the relationship. She wasn't in your life, so you told them that she was dead. And that's like, I think most people will understand that. You know, you didn't lie for some weird, stupid reason like you wanted to gain sympathy or anything like that. You lied for a understandable reason. And like I said to you, she pretty much was dead. And then why is she at your wedding? Well, now you have this amazing story of you summoned the courage to forgive her. She revealed herself to you as changed. Now you are blossoming a new relationship, and I think people will find that truth to be kind of beautiful. So I don't think you need to lie about any of this stuff. I think that the truth is acceptable, So you don't need to be shitting your pants. Your only problem is that it will take you a little bit to explain. But you totally don't need to shoo your pants over this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right, because I mean, I loved everybody I worked with and.
Speaker 5: That I did tell this fallacy too. But you know, I don't not all of them in my life, just you know, the ones that matter to me.
Speaker 1: But it's just so it's.
Speaker 5: A it's a lot I guess to hold. You know, I don't want anything bad to happen to my mom because I made.
Speaker 3: Up this shitty lie.
Speaker 5: But I mean, I guess I could only hope.
Speaker 1: That my friends would understand that, like what you said, I I did it to protect myself.
Speaker 2: I think they will. I think if they're good friends, they will. I don't think you and I want to reframe your if, like if we could. I'm not a real therapist, but let's do this. You you have this idea of this lie as like a shitty thing, or that like it was somehow immoral of you to do. Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I have a lot of guilt about this lie I've made.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should be guilty about this lie. I think you should reframe it. I think you should cut yourself some slegh because it's totally understandable why you you said this, And I look, I don't know some people could even argue it's not a lie. I mean, maybe here's the here's the sort of argument why why it's not a lie? Because she was out of your life. She's practically dead to you. She didn't exist. I mean, she was not literally dead, but she's practically dead to you. She didn't exist in your life. Yeah, you didn't feel like telling acquaintances the whole long story of all this shit that you didn't want to revisit, and so you told them she was dead. You don't owe these people this long explanation of the literal truth. And every person who has any amount of you know, empathy for you or considers you their friend, will be able to understand that. I really do think so. And I don't think you should feel guilty about about tell people earlier that your mom was dead. I think if anything, I mean, I mean, look, to me, this is a funny story. I know it's I know, I know it's I know. It like doesn't feel like that because there's was a lot of pain in there, but it's it's a little funny to me because it also ends in a happy and nice way. Now you've had this beautiful relationship with uh uh, your mom. There's a lot of healing, it sounds uh the fact that you admire her now and that you're forming this new land and you're inviting her to your wedding, like everything is is like working out like a cool, positive way. And these feelings of guilt they have, I don't they don't have a place in this story.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 2: This just feels like a kind of a funny story to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, old, oh my god, a lot of funny stories about my trauma.
Speaker 2: Lyle, Well, well, I mean, I really do, I really do want you to not feel guilty about this. And I'm not reading the chat, but I think a lot of people I'm.
Speaker 1: Telling you better about it. You're communicating it very well, and I appreciate you listening to it. It's you know, like I said, I've carried it a lot. You know, it's been years since I told anybody about this. You know, this was back in I don't know twenty nineteen, twenty eighteen that I started telling people this, And yeah, I think you're right. I just felt like it was a guilty It was just a part of my life I didn't want to experience anymore because she wasn't a part of it. Now she's back, And if anyone has to ask any questions, I just tell them the truth, guilt free.
Speaker 2: Tell you please, please, please tell them the truth guilt free. Because the truth. Anyone listening to this any like the truth of this story. You don't have to lie anymore, like this is the truth of this story is understandable to anyone who has any empathy for you.
Speaker 1: You right lyle fucking get forever.
Speaker 2: I want to ask real quick before we go, what can you tell me where the guilt is like coming from? Like what's the crux of the guilt. Are you guilty? Like who do you feel like you're hurting with this lie? You know, you don't oh your work, acquaintances, the literal truth of anything, Like where do you feel like this guilt is coming from?
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe my I do just feel bad my mom. You know, she might be upset about that, But I don't think that's something that I would ever tell my mom. I kind of even have in a way that I've I've told her kind of blatantly and straight up to that I kind of killed her off in a sense. And I don't talk about her and I don't think about her, And you know, it's really just kind of knowing that I lied about something that some people would consider to be really serious.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: That's kind of it, just knowing that I lied. You know, I'm really big on honesty overall. I'm a little too honest up tons, But just knowing that that is a lie that occurred, and that it's kind of a big one, and that's that's kind of it.
Speaker 2: I think if you're at a point with your mom where you're repairing the relationship, I think, so your mom doesn't know that you told everyone.
Speaker 3: She was dead.
Speaker 1: No, she knows that I have killed her off in a way, but she thinks that that's kind of you know, between being myself and I not between me myself and my co workers in my old roommate.
Speaker 3: You know. But that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll say this. I think if you don't, you know, I obviously you don't have to do anything. But if you were to tell your mom that you told every when she was dead, I don't think that's a horrible thing because your mom, like in this process of rebuilding your relationship, when you're telling her the truth of hey, you did all these things and they were fucked up, and so I told her when you were dead and like that and that's the truth. Like part of the healing process should be her accepting that truth. And I don't again, I don't. I don't know. I don't know a whole lot about your relationship with her or where it is right now.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: I feel like if it's in a good place, she should be able to accept that truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she's coming to is it my partner and I in about two weeks, so uh, maybe that'll be a good time to tell.
Speaker 2: Her, beautiful what kind of what kind of food are we getting at this wedding? Will there be a chocolate fountain? Will there be mac and cheese?
Speaker 1: I've talked multiple times for my partner about this. I desperately want pizza at my wedding. It's just a kind of bitch that I am pizza forever.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me or what kind of is it? Like? Are you going to get? Yeah, doude, tell well what kind of pizza? Is this like from a from a name brand pizza joint or is this like a catering company's pizza option?
Speaker 1: Well, I would prefer name brand.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: If anything Mod pizza, shout out Mod?
Speaker 2: What kind of a Mod pizza? Can we get? A We need a Mod pizza sponsorship for your wedding. I don't know how we can get that going, but if anyone listens to.
Speaker 1: This, absolutely sponsor my wedding because I worked there for like almost four years, Well that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Marsa, get yourself some goddamn Mod pizza at your wedding, Mazel tav on the marriage, and thank you very much for sharing all this with us.
Speaker 5: Thank you lyle Gek forever.
Speaker 1: I love you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Thanks versa, have a good night. Well that was fucking fascinating. I I really do feel like that was that to me is it is a funny story. It's like, like I know that the background of it, there's like a lot of fucked up feelings, but it's it's like, I don't know, it's a little funny. You told everyone that your mom is dead, and then you repaired your relationship, and now she's coming back to your wedding. Like when you tell this, like these these things that in the moment of them have these like you know, you got guilt and you got uh shame or whatever else feelings are going on. But when you tell that story, when you tell the whole of that story in a retrospective and the truth of it, it's a good story. It's kind of a beautiful story that they were able to repair their relationship after all this nonsense, and she's at the wedding and she's alive. It's got a good ending to it. So I don't think she should be afraid of it.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, Hello, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm hanging out. I'm being a gecko on the computer. How are you?
Speaker 3: You know, just chilling? You a hobby?
Speaker 2: I actually don't know how. I've never talked to you before in my life.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, but please tell me how you be.
Speaker 2: I want to that's why we're on the phone. Hears too, I want to know how you be.
Speaker 3: I'll be pretty good, you know, I'm just chilling. You know, I got today off work. You know, this great holiday, you know, if you're as white male, great holiday. So you know pretty good?
Speaker 2: Sure? Okay, well maze, tell me what you you wanted to talk about today.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm terrified. I've always found humor in people being in defeat. And then I was talking to my dad the other day and he was a little tipsy and he admitted to me that he was in defeat. So naturally, what do you do? You you you you go talk to your siblings and see, I.
Speaker 2: Thought you said you found humor in people being in defeat, like like like like to okay, you're you're saying in two.
Speaker 3: Feet in space to space feet period.
Speaker 2: I think into is one word.
Speaker 3: Though, bro I went to I went to school in Alabama. My grammar is not great. I'm not good with words or maths, but you know, I do. I do my best.
Speaker 2: Okay, I respect that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, So I went and talked to my sister, and my sister told me that she finds people's She is aesthetically into people's arches. And I am curious if that means that. Do you think she is in defeat? Is in defeat? And if so, do you think that is an hereditary thing?
Speaker 2: Interesting? So your father drunkenly told you that he is a foot fetish, and then you started asking your siblings about whether or not they have foot fetishes.
Speaker 3: Even worse, my father said he is into a bunch of stuff. He didn't specify, but he said he's into a bunch of different things. And I don't really want to know what that means.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would also not want to know what that means if my father told me that. And why how did you start this conversation with your sister again? I feel like I glossed over that.
Speaker 3: I just asked her if I was in feed I played a lot of online video games, and my first question is people, If people can send me feet picks, because that's that's it's funny. It gets the other team on their toes. So I just naturally was like, hey, like are you are you in defeat? And she said, well no, but I find people's arches aesthetically pleasing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so now you know that about your sister. You could have stopped into your family's foot fetish right at your dad. Well you chose to investigate further into your sister.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen national treasure?
Speaker 2: With Nicholas Cage, I have not seen nationalist treasure.
Speaker 3: You haven't seen natural national treasure?
Speaker 2: No, I know it's the Declaration of Independence. I think it is right? Is that the same?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, My search into my family's foot fetish thing is like Nicholas Cage trying to find the Declaration.
Speaker 2: Of This is your national treasure?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I.
Speaker 3: This is this is my this is my familiar or a family or treasure whatever.
Speaker 2: Felt's your vout.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I haven't I haven't talked.
Speaker 2: No, No, keep going please, No, I haven't asked.
Speaker 3: My grandmother yet. But I mean I wouldn't be surprised if she is. She's she's all over the place, you know, and she's very active sexually, So I maybe maybe my grandmother is my next step to ask her.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what is it that that leads you to believe that your grandmother is very active sexually? How do you know that.
Speaker 3: She's just always kind of hopping around from boyfriend to boyfriend to get uh, you know, like she's been married six times and the grandpa or her husband whenever I growing up, had a porno DVD that my mother found called Daddy her Mommy loves Pooh. Ever since then, we've always just kind of been prying at her how big her original husband's cock was, so, I mean, it's always just been kind of like a joke. But also it's always been very clear that she does get it. My my dad's mother, we found a pair of edible panties in her garage when we were cleaning it out.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like your this is your this is your h the grandmother that had these edible panties, that the same one that you say is very sexually active.
Speaker 3: No oh, God, no no, no. The other one, the one, the sugar Daddy, is the one that I believe sexually active. I pray to God every day that the grandmother with the edible panties, it's not sexual sexually active? I why do you?
Speaker 2: Well, well, why do you? I mean, why? Why? Why is it such a bad thing that your grandmother is sexually active? What don't you your grandmother?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how old she is. I don't know what she did with her life. But you know, in her old age, doesn't she deserve to have a good time?
Speaker 3: Not her. See if my other grandmother, if she was sexually active, I wouldn't want to know about it, But that wouldn't bother I mean, I've always been of your parent as long. If my parents been fucking, I don't care. A lot of my friends growing up with I don't want to I don't want to hear it. I don't want to see it. But if it's happening, good for them. But you know what, therapy get go. You're right, I think that's kind of the point of the podcast. If she was sexually active, good for her?
Speaker 2: Good for her? Wouldn't don't don't you want to be sexually active when you're how old is she eighty?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't really talk to her about seventy five?
Speaker 2: Don't you want to be sexually active when you're seventy five, don't you want to a nice, spry, active body.
Speaker 3: Be pop? Oh, she does not have a spry or active body. There's a lot of folds there, a lot of crevices to be explored.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean back to the original thing. You you you said here that you are investigating your family's interest in feet. Yeah, and so you're wondering if it's hereditary.
Speaker 3: Very terrified it's hereditary.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well here I have a few things for that. First of all, how old your sister twenty five?
Speaker 3: Around there?
Speaker 2: Okay, she's twenty five. It says here you're twenty three. So if it were hereditary, I'm not going to pretend like I know how how he reads work. But if it were hereditary, then you would you would be developing in it approximately two years.
Speaker 3: God, I gotta get ready.
Speaker 2: H Do you know what age your father developed his feedestial feet?
Speaker 3: No, but he's been with my mom for a long time, so it could be kind of a thing where, you know, over time, I feel like eventually you're going to have to try different stuff out and maybe he was just into it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Again, I'm happy, you know, I mean that your father has been I understand why you wouldn't want to know about it, but I'm happy for your father that he is.
Speaker 3: Uh No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Him and your mom are continually finding ways to keep things interesting in their relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and you know, I think it's a thing where nobody wants to know. But my mom did get a boob job two months ago, so that's I mean, I guess they are keeping it active. Thank God I don't have any more kids, because I don't think this. You know, this world needs any more people, you know.
Speaker 2: But okay, well let me let me let me hammer this last thing and about you with the foot fetish. It's not just why, it's you should not be afraid of. First of all, I don't and I don't think that fee fetishes are hereditary. But even if they are, and even if at the age of twenty five you are biologically programmed through your DNA that was passed on to you from your family to have a foot fresh, even if you are, why is that such a bad thing?
Speaker 3: Feet or nast I mean, I just.
Speaker 2: Now, but during two years you're gonna love them.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm afraid of lyle, That's why.
Speaker 2: But if you love them, why are you afraid of that? You're saying feet a nasty now. But in two years, if what you are saying, what we're hypothesizing here is true, you will love them, then you'll just have another thing that you love. What's the matter with that?
Speaker 3: So what you're getting at is I don't need to be afraid of it. I need to be excited if that part of myself does develop.
Speaker 2: I think. So what exactly is there to be afraid of?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe you could get a disease from feet, but I'm you know, I shouldn't be afraid of the disease here, like you can get wonder.
Speaker 2: People, many many different parts of the body can carry diseases. Every other part of a person's body that you may be attracted to will will have a disease.
Speaker 3: And to be honest with you, I eat ass So I don't feel like it could be any worse than an asshole.
Speaker 2: I really can't. I don't think so either, and especial because I.
Speaker 3: Do have attracted to them. Man, See, this is why this is such a beautiful thing. Is because I was terrified of this and you have just made it into a beautiful thing. I'm excited to develop a foot fetish.
Speaker 2: You should be dexcited when you're twenty five years old. That's a that's it's an interesting time in a person's life because you have had enough time to kind of develop who you are as a human being, and you I feel like you kind of get to a certain point where you're like, am I done developing as a person?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 2: I done feeling all that I have? I felt all the feelings that exist to me to be felt in this universe. And how amazing is it to have the answer to that question be no, and to have a new thing to feel. I think you should be excited.
Speaker 3: And that's really all the human experience is is going through and feeling new things and experiencing new things and all sorts of stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So I feel a different person on the phone than than when we started.
Speaker 3: I've really changed. I've you know, I will say I've always been I've always wanted. I mean, if foot fetish just seems so easy. If you look for an actress nude or an actor where I don't know what, if the listeners are into and you can't find anything. You cannot find any ball picks, any ass picks, any tippics. But if you look up, good to the life the way this.
Speaker 2: Entire phone call. Person in the room with you who has been just groaning.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my fiance. Yeah, that is my my future foot love. She will be the one that I'm sucking on the toes of.
Speaker 2: Let me let me talk to your fiance really. Let me talk to your fiance really quick before we go. I want to get her kind of.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Kara.
Speaker 2: How are you doing, Kara?
Speaker 4: I'm pretty good. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well. Do you have any sort of final thoughts on it? Sounds like you've been in the room for this entire conversation. I want to know if you have any any thoughts on it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad that he feels better about this whole foot fetish thing. At the end of the conversation, do.
Speaker 2: You how do you feel about the foot fetish thing?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess it would be easy, but I guess it would be better.
Speaker 5: Than anal.
Speaker 2: Why why why do you say it would be better than anal who?
Speaker 5: For so many reasons?
Speaker 4: I mean, just first off, like paineful.
Speaker 1: We've tried it before.
Speaker 5: It's painful.
Speaker 2: It sounds really painful.
Speaker 4: And second off, I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't wanna anything in my butt only.
Speaker 2: Well, what is your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Kara?
Speaker 2: Kara. Oh sorry, I'm horrible, horror, I am horrible with names. What do you think of it before? What do you think about your fiance just as a human being?
Speaker 4: He's all he's really awesome. He's we've been together for seven years and he's always been there for me.
Speaker 2: He's a big seedy that's sweet. I like that. I'm glad that we could make this into this thing that was a fear of his into something that was nice and something for you both to look forward to me Karen, you said Kiara like Sarah, but with the sea. Thank you for calling Kara, of.
Speaker 4: Course, thank you for accepting our phone call.
Speaker 2: Of course, love a happy ending. You know, it's the thing he said about his grandma being sexually active. It's weird. You know. The thing with your parents, the thing with sex and your family members is you never want You want your family members to be happy. You want your family members to leave to lead independent lives. You want them to be with people that make them happy, and in a in a weird way, you do want you want your grandmother to have a fulfilling sex life as as part of you wanting her to have a fulfilling life in general. You just don't want to know about it. Hello, Hey is this Ruth?
Speaker 5: This is Ruth.
Speaker 2: What is going on with your Ruth? Oh?
Speaker 4: Nothing much, just painting and was watching your stream?
Speaker 2: Send and Rob all my love quite frankly, Well, Ruth, what is going on with you? Actually? It says here, what's going on with you? Let me just say it. I'm gonna say it. Ruth twenty two years old from Nebraska says, you have a severe fear of pooping.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if I can. Like, no, this is like, honestly as real as it gets. And I've been to a therapist about it. I've been to a doctor about it. This is kind of like my last stitch effort. But so a little bit ago, I.
Speaker 2: Was on.
Speaker 4: I was on the type of birth control that you like put in your arm, which made me get super sick all the time. And I don't know if I can classify this as a phobia, but yeah, no, so I was I had this. It's like the implant that goes inside your arm as birth control, and it just made me sick every single day. And I had it for about like six months, and then I took it out. And then after that, I, you know, I was still afraid to like go to the bathroom. I was still afraid. It's like.
Speaker 1: To you know, poop.
Speaker 4: It's it's still it's so embarrassing to say, but it, yeah, I was afraid to poop. And now what were a year and a half after that, and every time I have to use the restroom, I just freak out, like I have a I start sweating, I sometimes start crying. I sometimes have to have my fiance like literally hold my hand. I don't know what to do about it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So I want to know off the bat what your therapist told you you should do about this.
Speaker 4: My therapist told me that I could have had trauma from it, because I don't know. I don't think it's drama. I think she basically just gave me some like coping mechanisms for panic attacks and then just told me to like, you know, breathe through it, remind yourself that like you're okay, like all of that stuff, and I tried that stuff, you know, it didn't hurt, but just didn't work. And then my doctor told me or he prescribes them, like you know, like relax and stuff, and he told me that maybe that would make you know, the process easier. But after that I found out it was literally just the act of like feeling it, like feeling.
Speaker 2: Your therapist told you that there might be some trauma there.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because okay, so I've been in therapy for a lot of years. I think therapy is healthy for anybody. But apparently, like one person can stub their toe when like they're six years old and have the worst trauma from it, and then another person you know, can stub their toe and you know, not feel anything. Trauma can happen like at weird different places for brains.
Speaker 2: Oh what is trau? Because we that that word comes up as trauma? Because I think if trauma is like, you know, you were taking a ship and your mom came in when you were seven, she like beat you up. Like that's why I think when you think, but you're like, apparently if you stub your toe, is that trauma? Like what is trauma?
Speaker 4: So do you want like I don't know like a like a like a like a scientific definition or do you just definitely not don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I have the if I will understand a single word of any scientific definition of anything. But okay, so so trauma. You might have trauma from pooping. What do you think that trauma is? Like when you were younger, you had a bad experience pooping?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so really dive into this. I guess I've always had, like you know, bowel movement issues, even from a kid.
Speaker 1: I like had to.
Speaker 4: Go through procedures to get this done. I gotta fix. And then my boyfriend at the time of when I got this birth control, he was very supportive of it, but he just like very supportive of it, and he just didn't make it a good experience for me. But I had it in it, like in me, the birth control, So maybe that played a factor. I I really couldn't tell you or else, like I wouldn't be on this goal. But something, something's gotta change, something's gotta work, because every time I got a poop, it's like all whole process of like panic. It takes two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh it takes two hours. So I mean, dude, how often did how many times I didy poop.
Speaker 4: Probably like I probably only poop like two or three times a week, which I don't think is healthy.
Speaker 2: But do you do that actively because you don't want to deal with all the you know, panicky ship that you have to go through.
Speaker 4: Not even that I just don't have much of an appetite like in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well the doctor say, yeah, no, he just he said it's a psychological thing. And then he's like, here's some mirror relaxed you.
Speaker 2: Know my relexis it's a laxative, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so like you know, stopt and stools. So maybe like this year was like of me like having like constipation issues. He's like, maybe it comes out. That's but a as one might say, it would get better. But yeah, that's how I found out. It was just like the feeling and the act of doing some thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think about this exposure therapy? We take you to Taco Bell, we load you up on a cheesy bean burritos, and then in one day you just fucking a whole diarrhea filled day of liquidy posts and after a certain point, you adrenaline just gives out and you are cured. Has anyone brought this up as an idea.
Speaker 4: No, I honestly haven't told anybody about it, about you, my fiance, so he has about that. I would a heart attack, my fiance.
Speaker 2: You'd have a heart Oh you know, you think you'd have a heart attack if you like had to like diarrhea the entire day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, like if like if diaryeta came out of me for that long of it, like extensive of time, like and I can't handle like one second of it, I'd be afraid of having like a fucking aneurysm in my brain or something. I don't know if that works like that.
Speaker 2: But man, I you know I can't. I'm having a hard time empathizing because I I don't know if you ever had diarrhea, But having diarrhea it almost feels a little good because like there's I mean you probably you probably can't because you've made this stuff makes you have a panic attack, But expelling when you have diarrhea in you, it feels amazing to expel it from your body.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now your people talk about like, oh my gosh, I just have like the best poop in my life or like the best ship of my life, like we all like you're really full, and you're like you're just you just gotta like get back to the normal go to Okay? Is that not normal?
Speaker 2: What does your husband say you're about to or your fiance? What was it you were at to just tell us what? He what his way in on this was.
Speaker 4: He honestly doesn't say much. He just like holds He's a sweetheart, and he just holds my hand through it and it's just like you're gonna be okay, and like it's like birth or something like it's ridiculous and I'm so.
Speaker 2: That's a good guy. I want somebody to hold my hand through my shits.
Speaker 4: Honestly, honestly, it's it's not ideal, but if it were to happen, I'm lucky to have him. He hasn't. He hasn't here with any ideas. I think it's just more of like I just gotta like like top it out. I guess I don't know, But I also just want like something to help me.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm good with that.
Speaker 2: How are you with sharks? You ever shared yourself.
Speaker 4: In my sleep? Want?
Speaker 2: Okay? What about what about P S P A A a factor here.
Speaker 4: No, he's fine. I love it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Interesting. So the doctor hasn't been able to help. The therapist has it has kind of helped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like just kind of told me that, like you're just gonna need to cope through it. I was telling the screen collar about sometimes like I bring like like stim toys if you know those are like you like little stress balls, or like the thing that you need.
Speaker 2: A fidget spinner every time you take a shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, no, it's one of those things. And like that sounds so funny, but like I hate that it's my reality. But yeah, so sometimes I just like distract myself. Sometimes I literally talk to myself like, hey, all you're doing is like you're doing what everyone else in this world has to do, and they get through it. You're gonna be okay, But to me, it feels like death.
Speaker 2: M Have you have you had a like a panic attack like this in a public restroom, because that sounds like an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: I avoid public restrooms that all.
Speaker 2: Cost mm hmm. Okay, so the therapist told you to just gave you some Now, the doctor gave you the mirror lax. The therapist gave you some breathing exercises and then yes, but there's no cure as far as you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, like you said, exposure therapy.
Speaker 2: But like, there's the taco bell idea that's on the table.
Speaker 4: It is on the table. But what if taco bell doesn't make me sick? Because I eat taco bell and I kind of like it, so it it made me like taco hell, I hear a bunch like I don't doesn't make you.
Speaker 2: Eat You're afraid you have panic attacks every time you ship and you eat taco bell.
Speaker 4: I do because it's never really I feel like it might be potentially, but to me, it's just like that's a good fake taco.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Well, what's your name again? Ruth? Ruth? If anything, if anything, let this, Uh would you call it an illness? Would you call it a what would you call this.
Speaker 4: A phobia?
Speaker 2: I think let this, let this poop phobia.
Speaker 1: Be.
Speaker 2: If anything, if anything, if we could, because I like to look at things in a positive way, if we could look at this in a positive way, it is maybe the greatest litmus test you could possibly give. Litmus test, you know what litmus test is? I don't fuck I don't know how to describe it, but it's like a it's like a test. Let it. Let this be a great litmus test to any potential partner that you know he is truly the one for you. If if this could be any sort of positive thing, because you now know that you know if your if your fiance is in the in the bathroom with you, holding your hand while you're shitting, he is, He's the one, and know that with with utmost confidence, the marriage is gonna work out. So if this can be a positive in any way, let it be that.
Speaker 4: And you're saying like, if potentially it does not work out for some reason and I acquire another boyfriend, if they don't hold my hand when I poop like.
Speaker 2: That, they don't hold you know, if you if you go back into the dating market and guys are not willing to sit in the bathroom with you and hold your hand while you poop, they're not the one.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's a rare breed of men. It would sit there and you got one, Yeah, and I didn't. Yeah, I wasn't even looking for that specific quality in a man.
Speaker 2: But yes, God is good and Jesus is okay to Ruth, anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: It's okay to have poop phobias. You're not alone. If anyone is watching this, honestly, if I'm the only one that I've heard of, so I.
Speaker 2: Bet someone is send us an email you have poop phobia. Well you cut out of bunch just now, but I kind of I kind of got the gist of what you were trying to say, Ruth, thank you very much for calling.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, have a good night.
Speaker 2: You have a good She cut out at the end. I didn't. I didn't cut out. There's a thing on this fucking podcast where I cut off people when they're saying good night. But that was it that she cut off herself. That was a phone line thing, all right. Never goes on the line thinking your phone calls every night. The rebacon goes to what it hide just teaching you aloud in the middle of your life.
Speaker 3: But he's not really an expert.