Speaker 1: The day is finally here, the parent celebration, our chance to reveal that his scheme and how this whole marine biology camp was all alive.
Speaker 2: Here's hoping technology doesn't fail us.
Speaker 1: I just can't shake the feeling things might not go our way today. And seriously, as exciting as this whole first time at camp has been, I'm ready to close this chapter for good.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this. First the storm, now the chain breaks right when we were about to get the treasure. We are running out of time, Haze.
Speaker 4: I know that, but none of this is our fault, just bad luck.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: We managed to replace the chain, if you want to give it another try before the storm hits.
Speaker 2: We gotta move.
Speaker 3: Quickly, good, get everything ready. I gotta get these kids and their parents out of here. But it's gonna take a bit. If anyone questions, you just say you're working on new construction.
Speaker 4: Or something, So we what's that all about?
Speaker 3: They replace the chain, We can squeeze in another attempt before the storm, but we need to get everyone out of here fast. I don't want the excavators starting any dives until we're down there.
Speaker 4: Okay, but how do you suggest we get everyone out of here. The parents celebration's supposed to take the whole day.
Speaker 3: Plans will have to change. We'll rush with the celebrations, keep it short, make it seem like we're being efficient. To blame it on the storm.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just come up with something.
Speaker 3: Once they're gone, we'll have just enough time to retrieve the treasure before the hurricane.
Speaker 4: Okay, but do you think the parents will really believe any of that.
Speaker 3: I don't care if they do. We don't have any other choice. Just stick to the plan and follow my lead and call Jim so he's ready to.
Speaker 2: Help us again.
Speaker 6: Okay, sir, but I can do that.
Speaker 4: You know, if you would have just left to me yesterday, we probably wouldn't be in this mess.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, but we're going to need more than one down there if we want to surface at all. Just trust me and do what I say. Don't make me regret hiring you.
Speaker 1: Fine, everything's that, guys, he thinks.
Speaker 5: So we just need to play the footage during his speech, and he's a goner.
Speaker 7: I've got everything said.
Speaker 8: Just give me the signal, Avery and I'll be ready.
Speaker 6: That won't even know it hit him.
Speaker 1: You have to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.
Speaker 2: If this doesn't work, it don't work. Every it will work.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've come too far to fail now, guys.
Speaker 10: Professor Hayes just called me in there. They're trying to excavate again today like that, just planning to run through the celebration, like as fast as possible. You're gonna have to, I don't know, play the footage as soon as he's giving his opening speech, like, I think that's your best chance.
Speaker 7: The projector's good to go.
Speaker 8: The footage is ready, and the recorder's charge will be all set.
Speaker 10: Oh good, good luck. Once the uproar starts, I'll be ready to call the police.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks guys. We do really make quite a team, like a.
Speaker 9: Real group of spies meet scientists.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, hairs are already showing up.
Speaker 1: Quick.
Speaker 2: Everyone needs to blend in.
Speaker 1: We don't want Professor hayeser fast to see us over here by this projector.
Speaker 2: Avery over here.
Speaker 9: There you are, Hi Mom, Hi dad?
Speaker 6: So how was it?
Speaker 5: I want to hear everything.
Speaker 2: What do you want to show us first?
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's so many projects to walk us through. Did you find any new marine species? Did you do group projects. I bet you've studied under the best of the best.
Speaker 6: Well, not exactly, not exactly, Avery, Are you just trying not to brag.
Speaker 1: We we got a scuba dive that was new and exciting.
Speaker 2: I made some friends, do you That's great? Honey.
Speaker 6: Let's go see your Scooba exhibit then sounds fascinating. Wait, Avery, I don't see any exhibits. I actually don't even see any tables.
Speaker 5: Where's all your marine findings? Where's anything you did?
Speaker 1: I can explain later, but I have to go sit with the students. Just don't worry. It will all make sense.
Speaker 5: I don't like the feeling of all this. Where's all the camp leaders? Is this all some kind of hoax?
Speaker 6: It's okay, dere Maybe it's all part of a surprise. Maybe there's a grand reveal of everything after the opening ceremony.
Speaker 5: Maybe I just feel uneasy. Don't take your eyes off her, not until we get some closure here.
Speaker 6: I won't. Now, let's find our seats in. Try to relax, shall we.
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 7: Bricks, ready on your signal?
Speaker 2: My parents are already suspicious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, mine too. They ask for my portfolio.
Speaker 2: Was well, we definitely didn't do that.
Speaker 3: Welcome everyone, and thank you for being here to celebrate. It's been an incredible week here at Camp Scuba, and I'd like to start by saying thank you for all your support and trust in us. We've fully taken marine biology to the next level, and your students will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Heat for it, hete for it.
Speaker 3: Our goal has always been to provide a safe and enriching environment for your children. Unfortunately, due to the approaching storm, we'll need to shorten today's celebration. We want to ensure everyone's safety and get you all on the road before the weather hits. No, you fools, do you know how long I've been searching for this? That treasure is mine.
Speaker 6: It's mine, firt right.
Speaker 3: Here's a planning or for this moment. I won't let anyone take it from me.
Speaker 6: This was supposed to be a marine biology can what kind of program you got here running, Director Thatch? This is a misunderstanding, a misunderstanding. So what was all that about? A treasure? What treasure?
Speaker 3: I don't know who made that video, but they should mind their own business. Anyways, it was Professor Hayes who was behind it all.
Speaker 4: I didn't know I was bulling into this and he had me a prisoner.
Speaker 7: I believe this recording. Your begs to differ.
Speaker 8: Listen to this, This compass is exactly what we needed.
Speaker 4: Treasure has got to be where the kid got hurt. Call the execs. Cut when all these kids.
Speaker 2: Are long, God, you endangered are children for?
Speaker 3: That's discussing.
Speaker 6: I have it in the right minded kick your but myself.
Speaker 3: No, you don't understand.
Speaker 9: That's right that they don't understand.
Speaker 3: Agent Quinn. It's uh nice to see you.
Speaker 9: Again, ladies and gentlemen. I apologize for this entire mess. This so called camp director of yours has been searching for treasure to fund his evil project, Pirates Anonymous. Without these smart kids of yours here, he just might have been able.
Speaker 6: To Pirate's anonymous.
Speaker 9: That I order you under arrest for criminal embezzlement and the endangerment of miners under your care.
Speaker 6: Let me explain, Let me explain.
Speaker 9: You can do all that explaining in core, mister.
Speaker 4: Ooh and this might be my exit right here.
Speaker 9: And as for you, Jonathan Hayford, not so fast. You're under arrest for fraud, Professor Hayes more like Pirate.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I really I am.
Speaker 3: You wait, You'll see I'm going to come back stronger than ever.
Speaker 2: You'll wish you were on my side when.
Speaker 3: I take over the world.
Speaker 6: You'll see what are you healing to me? Hey, guys?
Speaker 9: Wow, I mean wow, I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: I mean I can believe it, But he actually did it.
Speaker 8: Man, I feel like an undercovered agent or something.
Speaker 2: We make a good team. You guys are really the best. Avery.
Speaker 5: If it weren't for you, who knows if we would have gone after him. You really kept us all together.
Speaker 2: Bring it in, guys.
Speaker 6: Oh man, Now I'm gonna get all emotional.
Speaker 2: Jack really, Jack.
Speaker 8: Well, I need to collect my stuff. Don't want to leave anything lying around with this crowd.
Speaker 1: The rest of that afternoon at camp is kind of a blur. Questions, police cars, parents checking that we were all okay. Lots of camper seemed a bit shocked, but some looked like they had been suspecting the same thing all along, just too scared to speak up. The craziest part of the whole thing, though, is the fact that Thatch was an actual criminal being watched by actual detectives.
Speaker 9: Jim, Oh, hi there, Agent Quinn. Pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, nice to meet you too, Do you have him in it? Yes, but not much to do here now that there isn't really like a cam.
Speaker 9: You know, my team Will were at his Biology Squad headquarters has been monitoring the situation at Camp Scuba closely.
Speaker 10: Okay, but hey, who's biology squad.
Speaker 9: Let's just say we're people who explore the unknown, uncover the truth, and protect the world.
Speaker 10: Whoa uh, sounds pretty epic.
Speaker 9: We've been very impressed with how you and those kids handled this situation. With that, with all the evidence you gathered, he won't stand a chance in court.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm I'm sure glad we were able to help.
Speaker 9: We could use someone like you, Jim. We're interested in purchasing Camp Scuba to turn it into the North Carolina headquarters first Biology Squad, and we'd like you to be the new director.
Speaker 10: Me the director.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, and those kids were pretty impressive too. Who knows, maybe they'd come back next summer to train. We need sharp minds and brave hearts like theirs.
Speaker 10: Wow. Yeah, I think they'd love that, and i'd the honor to take on the role.
Speaker 9: Excellent. We'll be in touch with the details soon. Congratulations, Jim.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you, Agent Quinn.
Speaker 2: Jim, Everything okay.
Speaker 10: More than okay, Avery, I just got some incredible news that you're not gonna believe.
Speaker 1: Just when we thought our adventure was over, a new one was beginning, facing danger, solving mysteries, and uncovered secrets.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: It's all pretty exciting if you asked me, and I have to say, I'm pretty glad I faced my fears and went to camp, even if it wasn't really the full camp experience like you'd expect. I made sure to thank Mom and Dad for signing me up, and they made sure to ask for all the details. After some convincing that I was actually okay, I think they were pretty proud of me. Oh and as for that treasure, mister Jim made sure it made it to the rightful owners, the Historical Society here in North Carolina. Mom already planned a day trip to the museum with our homeschool group in the fall. Can't wait to see what next summer brings Biology squad here.
Speaker 2: I come