Speaker 1: Second date up date.
Speaker 2: Normally, our goal during this second date segment needs to get two people back together for a second try, second chance for a romantic connection because up with the name, Yeah, we know, we put a lot of work into this, but maybe there was like a misunderstanding. Maybe someone's fly was down on accident or on purpose, doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter, it's usually.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, today, before we can even get to any of that, we might need to solve a mystery because there's been some strange text messages exchanged and I don't know what they are, but apparently it wasn't enough for our listener Kiki to reach out for help about it.
Speaker 1: So let's talk to our Kiki. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, you must get that we're getting distracted already, Sorry, tangents all over the place, Skiaky, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing okay, just a little confused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of picked that up from your email. What's going on with you and this guy that you met? What's his name?
Speaker 4: Okay? His name is Chase.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm guessing you guys met online or on an app?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, an app? And he checked all my boxes okay, one of it sounds like who.
Speaker 3: It's felt like a red flag when she said anybody else you.
Speaker 1: Did have a sensual tone.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know I get that a lot. But we moved pretty quick. He asked me if I wanted to go out that Friday, which was two days after we went on the app.
Speaker 3: Is that too fast? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean I kind of get just getting to the screening instead of texting, and we see your time.
Speaker 2: I guess I would take it as a positive, like he's really excited to see you as quickly as possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said, yeah, I was really looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: So how did it go?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: The day of, three hours before the date, I get a message from him saying he's really sorry, but he has to postpone because he had to take care of M period E period period.
Speaker 3: White periods, take care of my elephant.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, maybe he has an elephant?
Speaker 3: Did you ask him? Like, well, who's who's that? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: He googled M E. I was like, either he's working on his master's of education or he has something called my algic anthemous.
Speaker 3: It's either a positive or negative.
Speaker 6: We're not sure you know what that means, Well, it means extreme fatigue.
Speaker 7: Oh and that actually makes sense, super exhausted.
Speaker 1: He's like, I literally have to take care I got.
Speaker 3: I mean if he was super fatigued.
Speaker 5: He didn't seem very fatigued when he was on the app, you know, just said so.
Speaker 4: I wasn't here what it was. I wanted to send him a message back, with a generic message back to figure out.
Speaker 5: What it was. Yeah, like, you don't know if you want to say, oh my god, I'm so sorry or congratulations.
Speaker 3: So what did you say?
Speaker 1: Would you write?
Speaker 4: I said, sounds tough.
Speaker 3: Sounds tough.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's true, that's nice middle ground.
Speaker 5: Let's pre schedule, let's reschedule, okay, and did you.
Speaker 4: Well, sure enough the next day he did for schedule for later in the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we're back on track now.
Speaker 4: The day rolls around and he says, no, you're gonna hate me, but I'm totally floating right now.
Speaker 1: Floading floating. Oh is it like.
Speaker 8: Floating like when those pods?
Speaker 5: Or is emmy some sort of drug We don't know about a special case.
Speaker 1: It's really weird. Did you know what that means?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: I google that.
Speaker 4: I google that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think that's going to come up with the answers that you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna get like all sorts of things hot air balloon buoyancy lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently it's when you have to pretend to be really busy at work for your boss when you're really doing nothing.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's floating floating, like floating by at work.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he meant that, but that's what I found. So I guess he had a problem around.
Speaker 1: His master's program.
Speaker 5: You're still interested in this guy. He's like talking in like weird speak.
Speaker 3: He's like, you're not following through any day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't cancel twice, he postponed twice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, it's not very nice to say about someone with my algic emphasis.
Speaker 1: And yet I mean.
Speaker 6: We're scheduled to go out it is Saturday. Well no, because he's just saying I might have to push it back one more day.
Speaker 1: Can I say something?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: At least these aren't last second. He's giving her a date notice, he even gave her three.
Speaker 2: I don't think he did the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before the date, not for a woman, I think.
Speaker 5: Do you think he's catfishing. You do you think he's real Like maybe, like here's the thing, Like he's coming real close to the date and then suddenly canceling and coming up with a different excuse every time.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on. I don't know if he has a girlfriend or something.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, we didn't think of that. That Maybe he's just like trying to push you off until he can get rid of his current girlfriend or something exactly, and.
Speaker 5: The girlfriend keeps being home. I mean, we haven't come up with a positive theory yet, is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't want to keep waiting. I just want to know what's really happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's something we can do, because honestly, I'm tired of guessing of what's really got.
Speaker 1: Let's just give him a call.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and we'll solve this mystery once and for all. What's really going on with Chase and his M period, E period, floating period, weirdness period.
Speaker 3: If it was just a period, we could figure it out.
Speaker 1: All right. We'll come back and get to the bottom of it right after this.
Speaker 2: Second date update Three scheduled dates two have already been postponed, and one is on the verge. Yeah, which is where we come in to save the day.
Speaker 3: We're always living on the verge, aren't we, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: I'm a virgin.
Speaker 2: That means we're going to try to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Because there's been some confusing texts being exchanged between our listener Kiki and the guy that she's trying to meet.
Speaker 1: Up with named Chase.
Speaker 2: She is tired of waiting and postponing and postponing. She just wants an answer.
Speaker 3: I think this was good. I think it's good she came to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you said, Broke. Should we just call Chase and figure this out?
Speaker 5: I think that he owes you some explanation, Kiki. Oh, he definitely does all of us I feel, I mean, we don't need to come out him hard or anything, but.
Speaker 1: You just speak for yourself. Wait a minute, don't do this.
Speaker 2: Has been waiting like it sounds like a month to get this date locked down, So it's time to finally get to it.
Speaker 1: Here we go. I'm gonna dial his number right now.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, we're gonna speak with Chase.
Speaker 8: Uh speaking Okay, Hey, Chase.
Speaker 1: We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Okay, or radio show's.
Speaker 3: Ray it still exists.
Speaker 2: We're doing something called a second Date Update, which is a segment where we're trying to help out one of our listeners, you know, smooth out the bumps in their dating life, not that they have any bumps, and just that's weird.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, bumps. That was a terrible thing. She said he was going to come out of hard. Now this it's a bump free lady. And her name, her name is some curves. Well, I don't know, bendy wady lady.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about what she looks like or anything about her body.
Speaker 1: I know she seems really sweet when we talked to her. Name's Kiki.
Speaker 8: What is going on with Seky?
Speaker 3: Yeah we heard you guys have plans this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well tentative plans. Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: You've already postponed on her twice, at least that's what she told us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I guess that's technically true.
Speaker 1: Okay, if the dates didn't happen, then yeah, that would be true.
Speaker 3: And you're the one that said let's do it another.
Speaker 2: Time, and you've already sent her that you might have to postpone again for your date on Saturday. It's just leaving her with a lot of questions because your texts have been a little bit mysterious.
Speaker 1: For why happening?
Speaker 5: He told you my text Well, I mean not all of it, not the personal ones, just the ones that she didn't get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, for example, she told us about one message where you said you're totally floating right now.
Speaker 1: And you can't make it.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Just assumed you're on drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, no, we all thought I'm joking. I'm joking. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: We don't understand.
Speaker 8: I meant like I had had a long day at work and I was in the bath when I texted that, So I meant like, I'm just kind of floating in the water.
Speaker 1: Right now, that literal literally floating in the water.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't want to get out.
Speaker 5: You canceled a date because you wanted to take a longer bath.
Speaker 8: Well, it's not an excuse. I really needed it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm still not one hundred percent clear on what you mean.
Speaker 3: There was he's a man that needs baths, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, hygiene is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Can we go to your other text that you sent where you said that you were taking care of M period e period?
Speaker 3: What does emmy mean?
Speaker 8: What it means like me.
Speaker 1: As in yourself? Why do you put periods in it? But got another bath?
Speaker 9: Were I just thought it was like a fun way to say me, like, what were you doing.
Speaker 3: To take care of you? What kind of self care are we talking about here?
Speaker 8: So I went home and I laid in my massage chair, had some Ben and Jerry's, and I just exfoliated for the entire night and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Just put off her for that.
Speaker 9: If I can't take care of myself, who can I take care of?
Speaker 2: But it sounds like I mean the saying is if somebody is really important to you, you'll make time for them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I postponed it, didn't cancel.
Speaker 1: It is important to me, not as important as you are.
Speaker 5: I mean, I will say I feel like men don't take enough time with their personal care, like they usually just consider toilet time that.
Speaker 1: So, so you're.
Speaker 3: Saying this is an okay, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Maybe a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's is more important than going on the.
Speaker 5: First or he could have invited her over to share the Ben and Jerry's like, that would have been.
Speaker 8: Why did you do that on the first day? That would have been a bit creepy.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're already all right, so I'm not anti any of what he's said.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess Brook's not. But that's not the person whose opinion really matters. The one we need to ask is Kiki, who I need to tell you has been on the other line listening this entire time.
Speaker 1: Probably need to do some self care of her own after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: That's how this works. We have them on the other phone.
Speaker 4: I'm just confused.
Speaker 8: I didn't know I was going to be on there.
Speaker 6: You Well, it's just funny because what you're saying it sounds like something a woman would do.
Speaker 3: I mean, it does sound lovely, It sounds amazing.
Speaker 9: I believe everyone should self care all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, can you go back to your like messages Chase, Like, is there a reason why you had to cancel or sorry postponed the dates on her? Or is this just something that you do at random?
Speaker 9: I remember one of the time I had forgotten my lunch at home.
Speaker 8: That just there, your whole day off.
Speaker 1: I you didn't need anything, No.
Speaker 9: I had a bagel while I was there and bought something.
Speaker 5: It was yours.
Speaker 1: You were a little stressed by that, you know.
Speaker 9: I knew I had to go home and just have a night to myself on the couch.
Speaker 3: Because you were so upset about the lunch.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you like just by yourself? What do you do?
Speaker 9: So I just went home that day and I got some box wine retail therapy on Amazon, got myself like four new pairs of shoes.
Speaker 1: Four pairs?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 5: Why do you have to drink to talk yourself into four pairs or one?
Speaker 1: He's taking full care of himself. Are cool?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And that means you couldn't go out with her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do you feel hearing all that?
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 4: He comes very high maintenance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like he's so low maintenance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's maintaining himself. Yeah, he requires zero.
Speaker 5: But it's like, where's the room to help her, you know, to like take on anybody else's it's there.
Speaker 8: I just got to get through my stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think always going to have a bad day if affect you that much. Yeah, forgetting your luge and stuff, it's shut.
Speaker 8: Down the whole day. I'm not gonna go anywhere, did you guys not hear me?
Speaker 9: I had to buy a bagel.
Speaker 2: We're sorry for your plight, okay, and I don't want to add any more onto your plate.
Speaker 5: Here, My god, can you imagine the self care you're going to have to do after this phone call?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I can tell this is already really winding you up. Hopefully to put you at ease. We're going to take a lot off your plate and pay for your next date with Kiki.
Speaker 1: If you're willing to go out with her. Yeah, no pressure, no stress.
Speaker 8: Man, Yeah no, I still want to go out with her, just not on the self care days.
Speaker 5: Well, is there any day of any day of the week that is not a self care day?
Speaker 8: It just it depends on what happens on that day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so every day morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could do a breakfast date.
Speaker 5: Okay, what if he gets a bad night's sleep though, Hey, you got to roll the dice sometimes in.
Speaker 2: Just don't order a bagel at breakfast or are you cool with that breakfast date?
Speaker 8: We can put it on callundar and see what happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, sous closes, we're gonna get Kiki. So congratulations, you've got scheduled.
Speaker 4: Your day, Chase. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
Speaker 3: That may be the most understanding woman.
Speaker 1: We're all gonna need to take a mental health day after this. Rooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think it's funny like if the gender roles were reversed here, and I'm not even saying like you Brook or Alexis, I feel like our audience as a whole would be sending in totally different text messages than the ones that we're getting right now saying you know what, totally girl, you deserve a break, self care for the wind, put yourself first, men's seconds.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you the reason why it sits wrong with me. It's not because I think self care is great for men or women. But this is the type of guy that's going to tell you that the pregnancy and the labor and everything was harder on him the actual woman.
Speaker 3: And that's my issue.
Speaker 2: Well, I do think it would be pretty hard on you. That's a lot of suffering when he has to go through, like the screaming that goes into.
Speaker 1: His ear drums, and that's hard for him.
Speaker 2: But I do think it is good that guys are starting to do this and put themselves first.
Speaker 1: We should, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, men have never been first in this society.
Speaker 2: It's true, right, I think what everybody, man or woman should be putting themselves first. If we all put ourselves first, the world would be a much better place.
Speaker 3: There'd be no seconds.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, alright, So here's and here's for fighting for men, right, that's right, yeah, right, everybody wins with today's second Day and update.
Speaker 2: You know what, go find more winners and more of our second Day calls. We have them up in our podcast wherever you gets yours at Brook and Jeffrey