Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Presspass podcast. The Ravens took down the Bengals thirty four to twenty at M and T Banks Stadium to improve to eight and three on the season and maintain their spot in first place of the AFC North. This was a big win for this team and afterwards, here's what head coach Jean Harbor I had to Sayay.
Speaker 2: A couple of things. First of all, I want to give credit to God and glory to God. We appreciate the opportunity to play in a game like this and for the opportunity to be victorious. And also want to give credit to the fans. Our fans were really great. I mean, our fans were loud. They had to take the lay games. They had a tough time communicating out there. They couldn't get lined up numerous times as a result of the crowd noise. I mean, our fans were there. It was fun. It was a great environment to be in the stadium. People that put the stadium together, and all the fireworks and lights and everything else and darkness.
Speaker 3: It was really just an amazing, amazing night. It was just a fun night in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: So our team played exceptionally well and I'm proud of them for finding a way to win this game play their best football. I do have one injury announcement to make. Unfortunately, on the negative side, Mark Andrews has a very serious ankle injury. It looks like a season ending injury. So our prayers will be with Mark.
Speaker 3: He Uh.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares more about the team and UH and being there for the guys that Mark Andrews. So this is gonna be hard for him, but we're gonna be there for him all the way. Okay, what questions you have, John.
Speaker 4: It's also look like that Lamar was battling through an ankle injury. HOWMPUS would you that he was gutting it out for you? Would he knocking your arms?
Speaker 3: Very impressive.
Speaker 2: I'm in the ankle, you know, over there on the sideline when that deal happened. And to bounce back and play the way he did and still and still have some mobility but hang in there and make those throws as is impressive. We have a a purple heart reward, There'll probably two of them, probably Mark and probably Lamar for those uh, for gutting through those for that injury.
Speaker 5: For Lamar, John Obviously, Mark is such a key part of this franchise, this offense. That being said, and what the receivers kind of did tonight and after he left so early in the game, what you gonna see out of that? And is there a basis for building off of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I mean, those the guys played really well.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be you know, you say, next man up, It's not just the next player in that position.
Speaker 3: It's all the men.
Speaker 2: It's all the players stepping up and filling that to replace a player like Mark Andrews, it's gonna take everybody. It's gonna take a team to do it. And and our guys will be up for the challenging up for the task. But those receivers are obviously gonna be a big part of that. They played really well, I thought offensively. What happened there the two drives, uh, to to end the first half, the two drives to start the second half, touchdown, touchdown, field goal, field go, and I think they had a field goal in that span. That's really what turned the.
Speaker 3: Game so uh.
Speaker 2: And then the one driver we overcame the holding penalty down there, uh and still got the touchdown with the Nelson play.
Speaker 3: You know that was a huge drive. So guys did a great job.
Speaker 6: Do you know what what Mark's issue is?
Speaker 4: What kind of ankle injury is?
Speaker 2: I think it's a form of a high ankle, uh, but more than just a spraying.
Speaker 3: So I don't know any more details in that.
Speaker 6: What with your running game, you only have thirty years rushing the first half and you really got to go in the second half. Was there changes a commitment, different commitment to it? How do you explain what you got going there?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes, you know, the defense did a good job.
Speaker 2: You know, they played good run defense, and I thought they made some plays and uh, you know, second half we opened it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: So that's just you gotta keep you gotta.
Speaker 2: Keep pounding, keep smashing in there, and our guys are blocking hard, and it opened up.
Speaker 8: For him after Marko's down.
Speaker 9: H It was kind of a group effort at the receiving corps meet.
Speaker 1: You know, David gets in the end zone, Dallas against the end.
Speaker 10: Zone, Odell over one hundred.
Speaker 11: How big was it?
Speaker 5: Just kind of have everybody involved in the action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's good point of guys are both making that point. I mean just that's what we wanted. I mean, that's kind of part of the plan. You want to be able to spread it around, give Lamar options like that. Lamart is a really good job of seeing the field and spreading the ball to where the ball is supposed to go. And then we got a bunch of guys that are able to do something with it. So you know, I you look at Bateman the catch he made in the end zone. You look at Odell the place he made. Of course, I think I think Zay set a record, you know, for a rookie receive receiver. Ever, I just thought all those guys played outstanding, even and the young tight ends came in there. I mean, uh, Charlie got to catch and uh and Isaiah played really well too.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, uh, you know, he's an bring marks injury back up, and what kind of hole does that leave strategically for your team and also in the locker room as a leader among the guys.
Speaker 2: Well, it's definitely it's definitely something that we're gonna have to fill in, you know. And I think, like we said, it's gonna be kind of like a I don't know, maybe it's like sand or water. You know, everybody's gonna have to fill that hole in and just smooth it over, and that's what they'll do. I think those tight ends are gonna do great. I mean, those guys work hard every day. They're very talented. Uh, you know, but everybody else is gonna have to step up as well. And then as a leader, he's gonna be missed as a leader. I mean, he's a fiery, emotional guy. He's he's a he's a he's an energy bringer, you know, every single day.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna all have to make up for that too.
Speaker 11: I don't know if it's too early and you haven't been able to look at the play on the tackle, but by the mean, since a defender, it looked like it was a hip drop tackle, which is a controversial type of tackle, I guess, and he's can talk about is that representative to you at all of the hip drop tackles.
Speaker 4: Or that you noted that at all?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was definitely hip hip drop tackle to your point, and it is being discussed. It's it's a tough tackle and it was even necessary in that situation.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: The other one on the sideline, you know, there's always plays that you send in uh to the league to have him look at and interpret for you.
Speaker 5: Speaking of injuries, Joe Burrow obviously goes out, didn't come back in the second half. How does that interp of the impact or change these defensively for you guys in terms of what you're able to do well.
Speaker 2: I think our defense played outstanding. You're playing against their offense, you know, you're playing against the fact that they run the same offense with whatever quarterback is in there. They kept running their offense and Uh he got out of the pocket a few times too, And I thought, I thought Brown did a good job in that sense. But our defense played outstanding again, you know, led by this guy and all.
Speaker 3: The other guys. Pat was all over the field.
Speaker 2: He had in twelve tackles, and I thought we did a great job with the zone pass coverage as far as running and tackling and keeping the ball in front. We didn't miss very many tackles at all. A lot of good tackling. Nothing got over our head. Our guys are gonna be You guys are mad about the last drive, aren't you. I mean they're ticked about the last drive in there right now. That's what they're looking at that. So they've already got the pads out, I think looking at it.
Speaker 3: So I love that. I love that about these guys.
Speaker 2: So, but yeah, it's tough and you lose your quarterback, that's uh. We've had some experience with that, especially against this team.
Speaker 3: So it's part of it.
Speaker 7: John, Really, you know when you moved to twenty and three at home at prime time, team know, on Thursday night specifically, what about playing on the lights at.
Speaker 9: Home as impacted for you guys to be so.
Speaker 7: Successful and specifically on a short week like Thursday night football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just experienced some good favor I guess at home at night, you know, And it was our crowd's amazing at night. You know, it's it's a and it's I think our state, Like I said, our stadium people do a great job. But there's just a tradition here, you know, these night games here especial. We'd like to get a few more of them, you know. Yeah, I say it's just it is is it was an electric atmosphere out there.
Speaker 12: Uh, John, the Brandon Seas did on Chase with now Maryland again, does that just sort of speak to the kind player he's become this year.
Speaker 3: He did a great job.
Speaker 2: You know, we did play We played a little bit of man coverage out there quite a bit, and uh, I thought, I thought everybody did a good job. And and and and Brandon, Brandon, you know he's before the game, I saw him kind of getting off by himself and he knew the challenge that he was that he was gonna be faced with, and he just did a phenomenal job. He keeps stepping up, meets every challenge.
Speaker 5: Really did.
Speaker 13: Uh, Kyle Hamilton, he goes some safety gas who play a lot of slot.
Speaker 2: He was real active and I broke up a couple of those passes to Chase by stated, have you seen.
Speaker 4: Him grow into the player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just agreed gets better every game.
Speaker 2: Again, we put more on his plate every single game, but he was it's in a lot of the times. What we were doing was we were showing some some zero pressure and some uh different type of loaded zero pressures, and uh we brought a couple of him, but then we ran out of him a few times. And I thought he was the main guy in terms of selling to this guys. He did a great job with it.
Speaker 6: Y Hotel had the break up games he mentioned, but he leaves with the injury and you guys, now did he get.
Speaker 4: Out over that A series?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't look too bad. You know, I'm sure it'll be something you have to deal with. These guys all have stuff to deal with. But it doesn't look too bad.
Speaker 7: Did you get an explanation for the two administrative stoppages there?
Speaker 14: What did you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There was drones. We heard there was drones. That was you guys heard we saw him up there drones.
Speaker 3: That's the first.
Speaker 2: I mean, I thought i'd seen it all with the Super Bowl, the lights going on the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Now we got drones flying around.
Speaker 7: But then you mentioned Lamar taking care of him. The way that he's going to the ground. Is that something that you've talked about Tod like that.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't listen anyway. I mean, you know he kind of he does how he does it. But now he made some smart plays there as far as getting down.
Speaker 5: A has four sacks in five games since he came back.
Speaker 2: Does he really should have given him a game ball. He's gonna be mad at me right now.
Speaker 3: I get him on.
Speaker 2: He's playing great, he's playing great, he's energy, he runs around, he chases screens down. I mean, I love a Dafailway. He's one of my favorite players people. I just love how much he cares. We got a bunch of guys like that. I just I go on about our players. I'm telling you, these guys are a special group of guys, you know. And you know, you guys would get mad at me if I just listed I'd list every single guy on the team. I list every guy in the practice squad. I mean, it's just fun walking into the locker room before the game. It's it's it's tense, man. We had energy. These guys are coming off. They played four nights ago, four days ago, in a tough game, a disappointing loss, a fourth quarter loss.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They didn't listen to any what you all wrote. You know, they didn't pay attention to you. You know, they listen and to us, not to you. And they just got ready to play a really important division game on Thursday night at home. And they do it, man, And they work and they just play hard, and they care and they care about each other and they want to do it for each other. You know, that's what a team is all about. And I just love every one of these guys and you bring up a dafe. It makes me think about him and everybody else.
Speaker 6: John, do you you don't anticipate any problems with Mar's ankle or foot or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: We got more and count that as a question. That's kind of like, yeah, all the guys are hate you wasted to one. Are the two questions right there? Yeah? Anyby got the other a real good question.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the coach, as you mentioned, tough loss on Sunday, and now in a short week the Ravens rebound and get that victory coming into another longer week on storry at football next week.
Speaker 4: Where's this feed to you?
Speaker 9: This? Ye your team?
Speaker 3: See there's a good question, right.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, we'll be excited about you know, the guys get a little time off, they'll get a chance to take a breather and the rest a little bit. Then they'll come in Tuesday afternoon and they'll be ready to go to work and get ready for the Chargers.
Speaker 3: Is there one more?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: We got pack cord.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was that good, John Harbaugh. Now let's go to quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 6: Lamar John started Pia prescotterence by telling us.
Speaker 5: That it looks like Mark could be out for the season kind on the sparity.
Speaker 9: Ex angle just up the bat.
Speaker 5: I mean a guy that you've trusted a lot going through a lot with.
Speaker 9: How is that hitting you right now?
Speaker 4: But there, it's tough, broad.
Speaker 14: I was just telling U, uh, the crew out there, a prime time crew whatever. Uh that that's the guy who I, you know, entered the league with. You know, we been bread and butter, Uh pick up butter and jelly whatever you wanna call it. But that's very tough cause that's my boy. That's like receiver one sometimes, you know. And for him to go out first quarter, you know, and he been having a remarkable year, one touchdown away from a record, I think that's that's tough, man. But we gotta we gotta something. I do it without 'em. We got likely got we got Charlie, We got guys who gonna step up.
Speaker 4: But it's tough.
Speaker 5: You're you mentioned pink burnt jelly with you and Mark. What's it gonna take for uh you to kind of get on nickname level with with your receivers. Obviously Nelson getting a touchdown there or Shot getting touched down.
Speaker 14: Then uh oh, we don't see as as the season go on. You know, I was just saying, whatever you guys wanna call it with me and Mark because our connections.
Speaker 4: Be it be you know there. But uh, we'll see you know when the nickname start rolling down.
Speaker 9: Listen, hell Mar, how do you describe this day? Thirty and they buy 'em?
Speaker 4: And on Thursday night? How do I describe it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Must win?
Speaker 14: You know, we we really needed that after the the Feet to the Browns where we you know, we went through uh Sunday a couple day, few days ago.
Speaker 4: But I I like how our team.
Speaker 14: Responded and bounced back, you know, Uh, Thursday night under the this crazy crowd we had, you know, it was electric fine tonight.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 14: I think I had to tell 'em like calm down a little bit, you know, our crowd just it was outrageous tonight and we enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: But we looking forward, were looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Throughout the season.
Speaker 9: R H.
Speaker 2: You were definitely physically lengthy a couple of times, made a trip to the ten.
Speaker 9: How are you feeling.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 14: Course gave us a few days off, extra days off, so feel like i'd be good for the charges.
Speaker 9: You tick us through what happened on the on that play.
Speaker 6: I mean what was was there a moment in the tent where you were worried or no?
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm trying to get back out there.
Speaker 14: I'm telling them I'm good, you know, but they gonna do what they do, they try to get us back on. I feel fast as they could, you know, But I'm good.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, to add on your on your ankle to me, you were you were wearing a blue sort of wrap on your ankles that.
Speaker 4: It was a heat pack. But I'm good. We need to start talking about this ankle. I'm good. And you see I just walked up here. I'm good.
Speaker 14: We ain't gonna talk noneing to existence, you know, speak none of to existence.
Speaker 4: I'm good. Or you've been trying to work on that connection with Odell all year?
Speaker 5: Do you feel like it's just finally starting to play?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I believe so.
Speaker 14: You know, as we keep going, you know, keep practicing, keep getting better each and every week, and him keep doing what he doing, you know, I feel like I chemy's gonna be you know, skyrocket mark Uh.
Speaker 9: A couple of days ago, Deshaun Watson, if they announce said he's done for the year. See Joe Burrow believe he's tonight's game.
Speaker 5: As someone who's been through injuries, I mean, how do you kind of make sense if guy's in the division falling?
Speaker 14: But you know, I mean, I'm not happy that those guys getting injured. You know, I don't want to see nobody in the league get injured, and especially the season and the injury, because those guys gotta feed their family just like I do, you know, and those guys are the backs as well, even though we going against each other.
Speaker 4: The vision rival stuff like that.
Speaker 14: But at the end of the day, I want to see nobody go down with a season and the injury.
Speaker 4: You know, pray God on that side.
Speaker 14: You know, we keep God first at all times, and hopefully those guys have a safe and speed of recovery.
Speaker 6: Or you seem to react right away to the Andrews play, didn't you just sensed by the way it was tackled that it was serious right off the bat.
Speaker 14: Ah, I pretty much seen it, and I was hoping he was gonna get up, you know how he do. But when he was down, he was just laying there like with that confused look on his face.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, Like, that's my boy.
Speaker 14: You know, I don't wanna see that happen to nobody, not just him, but that's my boy.
Speaker 13: When you lose, when you lose, like you said, yes, Hider, why receiver one from time?
Speaker 4: I mean, how big of the challenges they going forward?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not not gonna happen, s I. I you know it's it's gonna be.
Speaker 14: I believe it'd be a huge challenge, you know, but we, like I said, we have Charling likely those guys gonna step up and they been playing their tail off as well. Uh, you know, but we gonna build chemistry and uh it's gonna be like m I don't wanna say it's gonna be like Mark not there, you know, but he's not gonna be there, you know, cause it's a season and injury. But those guys a gonna step up and know what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 13: Why are we so you scrabble a couple of times and go to hit the ground. It's a totally different way you've done it, and ask that to try to avoid getting that ex extra hit cause you were you were rolling and spending it, you know, falls to the ground.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I was just playing the safe. I don't wanna get hit, you know, a crazy hit.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 14: I was just trying to get y'alls much much yards as I couldn't just get down, you know, live for the next play.
Speaker 3: That's all. What more?
Speaker 6: How beneficial could this stretch be? We're you gonna have one game.
Speaker 14: Twenty three days s I can't call it, Jeff, you know, we just gotta win this game. It's Netsch's upcoming game. Had a boy a week and just see how it go. But hopefully we keep keep our foot on the guys, you know, keep off flow on the gas.
Speaker 7: Well, get you're mark, what was your vantage point of the the Aglar touchdown? So you're at the deflection on the Aglar touchdown?
Speaker 4: What did you see that play?
Speaker 14: When uh see you say, say doing like a metal post. I'm trying to zip it in there in a in a little small window, Pratt.
Speaker 4: You know he deflected the ball.
Speaker 14: But Noney did the right thing by you know, telling that play, and he was off to the races.
Speaker 4: He was flying.
Speaker 14: You know, it's a Florida boy. You know, we got we known for speed. So he turned on the jests. He turned on the jests he did his thing.
Speaker 9: Did you give him some tips on.
Speaker 14: He he need to give me some tips on how to do the flip cause last time I did it, I hurt my butt when I landed. Uh So, Uh, he didn't give me some lessons cause he he did a whole somersault flip that was crazy.
Speaker 1: On the defensive side of the ball. We had a chance to talk with a linebacker, Patrick Queen after the win. Now, Peak has high standards for this defense, so he thinks they can pla like even better. But clearly he was happy to get the win.
Speaker 5: And it looks like you were kind of frustrated at yourself, and it was supposed kind of emotion.
Speaker 4: It's a lot from that last Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That h Then one screenplay that they hit. Uh, I had a chance to make a tackle, a hell of a play. I wasn't supposed to be right there and I just saw him try to make a play and I missed that tackle. So that's why I'm frustrated. Uh, just hould myself to a high standard, and I called myself having my brother's back, and I didn't have it that play, So that's why I was frustrated.
Speaker 9: Patrick, What does it mean.
Speaker 4: Though maybe you heard trying to talk that a little.
Speaker 6: Bit about your just four or five days at Joe completely dr emotional loss.
Speaker 4: What does it mean to come back and and and really get away in that? Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 8: We know the standard that's hell here and we wanna attain that and ex excel that. And we had a chance to do the night and we didn't do that in on that last drought. So it's just something that we gotta go back to work on. Uh. We all trust each other, we all love each other, we all got each other's back, and when you got a team like this, I think we could. I think we were capable of doing those things. I think we just gotta go back to work and keep hammering at it.
Speaker 13: How'd you What does it mean to beat the Dangles twice this year?
Speaker 8: It means a lot. It means a lot. They had a lot of stuff to talk and put that to bed. So, uh, you know, it's still a long season. Still, chances might might have to play them the game. You never know, So definitely definitely just gotta keep working. But it definitely feel good.
Speaker 6: Ptrick, You've been in that situation twenty of the times where you're trying to bring down the tight end and stop 'em. Do you particularly have a did you have a problem seeing that tackle? Uh on the Andrews?
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 6: Do you have a problem with that hip drop tackle on the Andrews?
Speaker 8: I mean, at the end of the day, we play football, and I hate that Mark's hurt and prayers for him. But at the end of the day, we played football. We play a tackling sport. I don't think a hip drop tackle is you know, that battle a thing? I mean, how else you want us to tackle? We just let the guy run past him. So I hope Mark has a speed of recovery. I pray for that. And at the end of the day, we played football. Like I said, we got passed on. We got all this stuff on him t for reasons.
Speaker 12: Ptric They weren't a team to run the ball a lot with uh, a statistical business, but.
Speaker 4: They they kind of ran right out of here early in the game. Did that Did that surprise you guys that they kind of took that approach? Or when New York with Nah, it didn't.
Speaker 8: Uh, it's just the looks that we were giving them, and they was doing the right things with those looks and uh, you know, we just gotta gotta be better. That's why. That's why I was talking about earlier. Just we gotta have each other back. So we call each other brother, so we gotta have each other back.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: Those plays easy stuff. One person here, one person there. Things that we didn't capitalize on. So that's what we just gotta go back to work. Corn just knowing our assignment and just taking advantage of our assignment.
Speaker 4: And astarty quarterback goes out like Joe Burrow and you're going up.
Speaker 6: Against the A backup?
Speaker 4: Now, did does that change anything for you guys on the defenseman?
Speaker 5: Did you get the progressive or says and change there?
Speaker 8: Nothing changed? Uh, game plan gonna be the game plan. They still gorun in the same place. Uh, depending on who you playing. Honestly, Uh, with this team, we just kept it the same. Just did everything the same. Honestly, A tr entring the fourth party at the fourteenth Point League, which has been a lot to talk about this season, did you got to say anything about on the sideline before? You know?
Speaker 5: How back up the even as they know it was a quarterback situation.
Speaker 8: Though different, but it definitely was. We were just saying we gotta finish. Uh, that's the whole story. Everybody knows. We know, people outside here know, everybody knows. It's just something that we gotta start doing. Until we do that, we can't call ourselves what we want to call ourselves. So we just gotta go back to work, like I said earlier, and just get better at it. All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: In addition to the guys on podium, we also went into the locker room and talk with some of those players, including veteran wide receiver Odell Beckham Junior, who topped one hundred receiving yards for the first time as a Raven.
Speaker 9: Physically look like your shoulders, you know, step like coach it. You know, it's not that bad. That's you know, that's what he said. That's toughen it up, you know what I mean, and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 3: Said about Mark Andrews.
Speaker 4: Alright, looks like season.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we got the news while we're in here, and it's just, uh, it's just tough. It's the hardest part about this game. You know, these guys put in endless hours of work, rehab, you know, the things that people don't see. They only see the final product, you know. F for a guy like Mark, I know exactly. You know, he's in the training room, he's always getting he's getting his work, he's you know, in the weight room. So it's just tough. So just as brothers, you know, you gotta be there for him. I've been through it. It's not easy. Uh So just you know, it's very unfortunate. It's a big hit for this team. Mark has been a a integral part of his you know team since him and Lamoar have been here. So you know, we just gotta find a way to uh step up. But you know, right now, I think the moment is it is to be with with him and spirit and you know, prayers up for his his mental and U prayer.
Speaker 5: Resort one guy for places what Mark does. But you know Nelson's worn a touchdown, shots morn touch down.
Speaker 3: You go to a hundred yards, do you think that's signed up? Where the chemistry that Lamar has with us, where civic courts going.
Speaker 9: Uh, it's just a step in the right direction. You know, we we we could sit up here and you know the game coulda win a complete another way and the questions might be different. So trying not to put too much into uh, the moments and just would be grateful for him and what they are. But I definitely think that there's guys in this receiver room who who can make plays. But there's never no replace. And it's not even what Mark does on a a stat standpoint, it's just who he is as a person for UH, this team. So our prayers go to him, like I say, praying over his his mental and in his art.
Speaker 14: Then do you feel like you're starting to get into a groove on this offense the last two weeks to.
Speaker 5: Touch down tonight over a hundred yards?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: How you feeling in this offense?
Speaker 9: Just keep him my head down, continuing to work. Uh. Early on in the season, I was I was hurting. I just couldn't be myself. I didn't have the explosion, I couldn't move the way that I wanted to, and I don't think people really knew, you know, what I was dealing with, and it just was like it just was hard for me to come out and you know, speak on it. Nor will I speak on it really now. It's just more about you know, moving forward, being being the very best that I could be for this team, and however I can make plays to help us get wins. I gotta do that. Uh still upset about the you know, the blocking on Z Like I mean, me and my mom talk about this all the time. You can score all the touch out in the world where we talk about that moment where you spring the block for for your boy to score, your brother to score, and it's just it's unfortunate. You know, I was. I was the happiest, you know, just seeing him on a jumble try and run and scoring. So you know, just gotta find ways for the for the boys in the room to make plays.
Speaker 2: Oh Delta, to sweep Cincinnati this year and to move to agree in this division?
Speaker 9: What does this wind mean to this team overall? You know it it's a big division to win. I've been in this division. I've been on the other side playing against the Ravens, so I know how how tough this division is as a whole. But it's just a good step in the right direction for you know where where we wanna go. Got some time to to recover and heal and you know, got a big, big game in LA and then you know he get a bar week. So this season was set up perfectly to to you know, have some success and and hopefully we we get the opportunity to make a run.
Speaker 4: What does it say about from me? He he got banged up at the end of the first quarter with that ankle for him to kind of cut this one out.
Speaker 9: I mean, we all know who we all know who he is, you know what I mean, There's no ever question in his toughness. I didn't think for a moment that he wouldn't be coming back in it just might you know how many plays one players or two players, you know what I mean. He's he he's uh, he's the leader of this team, and you know everybody feeds off him. So we seen him come back out and it makes you like whatever you have going on and you feel like you're hurting, like he's out there like we we all gotta be out there. So uh uh, it's a big leadership moment, you know, by him. But I definitely wouldn't expect him to come out, not on a game like that.
Speaker 7: Who the what's your reaction to Rashad getting his first touchdown.
Speaker 9: Of the season.
Speaker 4: I totally the university he's been through.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna I'm not taking the credit, but I told him tonight was gonna be the night. You know, he you know, you just need those things to get that that monkey off your back. And I'm just so happy for him just to see him smile, you know. The we worked so hard, and again, like I was saying earlier, people don't see the the little things that you do, you know, offer that moment to score a touchdown, the the hours of rehab outside the building, the you know, preparation, sacrifice and dedication, all those things. So I was so happy for him, was happy for Nelly S. Feel like I'm happy but disappointed cause I know Zabas was to have one, you know, the the the guys in the receiver room we would do, you know, for a big game. So I'm just happy for all of them. Uh uh. You know, it's a lot of hard work that goes into it.
Speaker 5: Oh explosion or lack of kind of early in the season. D was it noticeable your speed in these last couple of weeks to you, do you feel an uptick there?
Speaker 9: I don't know, you might have that's the other team. See. Definitely, I feel better personally. It was very hard for me early in the season. The best thing that you know, the Costa and Harbes did. We were playing the band was last time and they were like, just it's a long season. Just sit down. And that changed the entire trajectory of my season. I had the time to get my legs underneath me and it's you know, we're just trying to go up from here.
Speaker 1: That was obj. And also we talked with Gus Edwards, who scored a pair of touchdowns in this victory.
Speaker 12: You know, uh what Mark Andrews just for this team, coach mentioned that he might not play again this year. Just the impact of that news on a team that's otherwise doing pretty well, it's real.
Speaker 3: Crushing, you know.
Speaker 15: Like I'm been saying, that's when our leaders, one of our best players. Uh, it's a guy that we would love to have out there. But I'm gonna say a prayer for him, and I know that with with his work effict, that he'll be back and then he's gonna he's not gonna miss.
Speaker 3: Up our beat.
Speaker 10: You know, Gus, what is that that's going to wealthy right now?
Speaker 9: For me?
Speaker 1: You're being kind of a role here in the last several weeks.
Speaker 9: What is going to wealthy right now?
Speaker 15: Like I said, I feel like we're playing go football, you know, we're playing a great balance. The run game is coming together. We've been playing a lot of emphasis on that resume and how we have to get points there, and everybody's been coming together and making it, making it a must mustang.
Speaker 1: You know, you kind of describe your mentality in the residens.
Speaker 9: Seems like you've kind of been an answer for the offense down there.
Speaker 15: Mentality is just my name is called upon. Just got to do my best, you know, low on my pass and get in there. That's what they want me here for, and that's what I gotta.
Speaker 12: Do're scoring a lot of touchdowns, our guys pressuring you to get more creative with your touchdown celebration.
Speaker 15: Yeah they are, so they want to. They want to get a dance out of me, but you know that's not really my thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe one day though.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: That was running back Gus Edwards and you're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. Also head over to the Lounge podcast feed where we do a full breakdown of tonight's game. Thanks for listening, and we'll be back with you next week.