Speaker 1: We saw thousands of pro life Americans gather in our nation's capital for the annual March for Life. This comes as we are approaching the anniversary of Rovers Wade, and we know that Democrats are going to make abortion a big issue heading into the presidential election. We saw them do it successfully to some degree in the midterm elections. So we have to figure out a way as Republicans to go on the offense to talk about being pro life proudly. I want you to take a listen to this interview.
Speaker 2: Why do you not see rape and incest as areas for potential carve outs even if you are.
Speaker 3: Pro life first?
Speaker 4: I think both of those instances are horrifying, and fortunately they're extremely rare. It happens, and anytime it happens, it's horrifying.
Speaker 3: It's a tragedy.
Speaker 4: But I personally and honestly and deeply believe that all human life is worthy of protection, irrespective of the circumstances in which that human life was created. So what we're faith in it so well, they can't say that it will be human life, what would it become?
Speaker 3: Then you're trying to.
Speaker 2: Become potential of it when it is an actual human being. I'm not saying what my position is on it that I am also a Catholic.
Speaker 3: What I'm telling you is.
Speaker 4: I can tell you this, No, I can tell you this, that every single one of us started at that same stage. That it can't become anything other than a human. But it is about and that scien. It's neither up to you nor I know any politicians to decide that we're going to allow this life to move forward.
Speaker 3: In this life, not to.
Speaker 1: That Senator Mark Rubio from years ago in an interview with CNN. I think it's one of the best interviews I've heard to date of someone proudly standing for their pro life views. So we're going to have Senator Mark Rubio on the show today to talk to him about how should Republicans message on this issue, What should the message be heading into the presidential election. We're also going to get his take on all things foreign policy. As instability continues to increase in the Middle East, particularly as we see Pakistan and Iran conducting strikes on each other, Why are they doing that? How concerned should you be? We'll also talk about China, Iran, and Russia growing closer under President Biden. What does that mean for our future in the future of the world. He recently endorsed President Trump, so we'll talk to him about why he decided to do that and what he's looking for this presidential election. So all of that and so much more with Senator Mark Rubio from my home state of Florida. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Senator Mark Rubio, it's awesome to have you on the show, particularly as a well I've been in Florida for I guess three and a half years, so a newer Florida, and so it's great to have my home state senator on the show. So appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to do it.
Speaker 1: We were talking before we got started about how I've gotten really soft with the weather. We've we've had a cold front here in Miami and you know, it's like sixty degrees now, I put a turtleneck on, so I.
Speaker 4: Know, I know it's you know, every now and then we'll get like one of these weird things that come down and I'll get to like the twenties or the thirties, but it's very rare, but you will, yeah, fifty or whatever. It's you know, people start like bringing out for coats and you know, thermal underwear and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: It isn't cold until the iguanas.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen that phenomena yet, but at a certain temperature, like iguanas fall out of the trees because they're cold.
Speaker 3: Blooded and they can't regulate. And I don't know, have you seen that yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read an article and it said that, I guess there's been stories where people have collected them and like put them in their cars and then they've woken up and like attacked or something.
Speaker 3: So they wake up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So leave the iguanas alone. Important lesson. All right, Well, well we'll get into the bigger news, you know, outside of an iguana's you know center. We're coming up on the anniversary of Roe versus Wade. You know, I rewatched your CNN interview on abortion. I think it was from like eight years ago before this morning, you know, before interviewing you. I think it was one of the best interviews I've seen from a Republican to date on the issue. Why why do you think Republicans struggle so much on talking about pro life and talking about this issue?
Speaker 4: Well, I think in general, anytime you're on defense, you're losing, and a lot of times, you know, I always go to people and say, all right, well.
Speaker 3: There's two things that we need to point to.
Speaker 4: The first is that if you don't believe that, if you's believe that abortion should be legal, then what restrictions would you agree to? No one ever asked that question. The media doesn't ask that question, and most Democrats are never asked a question of what restrictions would you support? Because they love to talk about total ban, six week bands, fifteen week bands. What they won't tell you is that in order to get the endorsement of all of these pro abortion groups, you have to basically be for abortion at any time, for any reason, paid for by taxpayers.
Speaker 3: I mean that in essence is the position of these groups.
Speaker 4: And you can't get the endorsement of any of these probortion groups if you don't say that stuff.
Speaker 3: And no one ever.
Speaker 4: Challenges these people on that, will they at least agree on a restriction of some kind because the overwhelming majority of Americans, even those who say the support abortion rights, will say, but there's got there's some right you can't do it like the day before the do date or eight months or what have you.
Speaker 3: So, I think the first part about it is that, and I think the second challenge.
Speaker 4: That we face is, Look, this is not about passing judgment on anyone.
Speaker 3: This is not about trying to impose anything on anyone.
Speaker 4: This is a pretty straightforward choice. And that is we've got a complicated issue here. You have, oftentimes in a very difficult circumstances that a woman is facing, and then you've got the fundamental right to live, and you've got to balance and decide, Okay, when these two things are in conflict, which one of these two rights wins out. And I don't have any shame in saying that, I think the right to live needs to win out. Now, in addition to that, I think we have to understand that when it comes to abortion, the pro choice people are actually not pro choice because what they are basically arguing is that for most people, abortion is the only choice that they're presented, and oftentimes by making it look like or making it sound like, or making it, you know, creating the scenario where a child to somehow a burden, somehow a terrible thing that's happening. And so I do think those of us who are pro life, it's incumbent upon us to say, not only do we think you have a right to choose not to have an abortion, but we need to recognize that no child should ever be considered a burden, should be considered a bad situation, and we need to be supportive of people who find themselves in those circumstances. You know, what can we do to ensure that these men that are fathering children are living up to their responsibility on child support and not just taking off? You know, what are we doing if a young woman is in college and wants to finish your schooling?
Speaker 3: To be supportive.
Speaker 4: We need to be supportive of people not just when they decide not to have an abortion, but also all the things that come with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I loved how, you know, because he was basically saying arguing about when life begins and you're like, well, what do you think it turns into a cat? You know, it's like it seems like such common sense, yet we have found ourselves in this strange, you know, conversation about what is a life? And you know, it used to be safe, legal and rare, and now it's like up until the moment of birth, maybe even you know, it's like, how did we get here? You know, how did the left get here?
Speaker 5: More specifically, Well, I think part of it too is that in order to justify something like this, you have to It's what all atrocities and terrible things are based on, and that is dehumanization, right.
Speaker 4: You have to convince people that the life and who's being impacted is that actually not human or not fully human? And so I think that's the argument that's used.
Speaker 3: By a lot of these geops.
Speaker 4: So that's not really a human being, that's just a clump of cells, that's an embryo, that's a fetus, but it's not a human being. And I think the point I was making is that's the only thing that that can ultimately become. And then their argument as well, but they can't survive on their own. And so while there are a lot of people who are outside the womb that could not survive on their own.
Speaker 3: Infants cannot survive on their own, Many.
Speaker 4: People who unfortunately face disabilities and other serious setbacks, cannot survive on their own without helping assistance. Are they less than alive? Are we prepared to say that's not a life? So there's a huge slippery slope there as well. But ultimately it comes down to in order to justify something like this, you have to be able to argue that that's not human life, and that's something that needs to be called out as well. That's exactly what it is, a development, no matter what stage of development they're in. Look, it's a tough issue. I get it, because I mean, the circumstances oftentimes that are faced by people are very difficult ones. You shouldn't pretend that these are easy choices, but we have to get people real choices, including the choice of carrying a child without having seem or feel like a burden, which is what oftentimes people are being told that this is going to be an enormous burden, it's going to ruin your life, and we need to change that dynamic.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you really nailed it about the dehumanization, which is why they call it a clump of cells. If you sort of detached the human aspect of it, then it's easier to go through with one you know, yeah, oh absolutely. You know Democrats have obviously made this a big issue during the midterms. You know, they did that with the leak of the Dobbs opinion as well. Draft as well as the Supreme Court's decision really galvanized young people women to turn out. We're already seeing Democrats gear up on this issue. You know. They launched a website targeting Republicans, you know, heading into Row versus Wade anniversary. They've also been successful in getting ballot measures here in Florida. It'll be on the ballot in twenty twenty four. They were successful in Ohio last November. How do you think this issue will shape the presidential election?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: To me, it's a tough one to analyze politically because I've never viewed this as a political issue.
Speaker 3: I said this before, and I really believe it.
Speaker 4: I think it's such a fundamental core issue that I'd rather be right on abortion and lose than be wrong on it and win, because I just think it's that fundamental of an issue in terms of protecting human life and where it's going to lead us as a society.
Speaker 3: Ultimately.
Speaker 4: I think it's clear that there are a lot of people that are uncomfortable with government telling them what to do. In general, they were uncomfortable when government was telling them what to do to the pandemic, and in a situation like this, they're uncomfortable as well. But when you're playing defense, when you're allowing your opponents to portray this as people wanting to tell people what to do with their bodies, that's not the way I view it. I do not go into the saying, how can I control the decisions people make, women make, and so forth about pregnancies. What I go into the saying is we have an obligation to protect human life. I view it from the lens and the perspective of the unborn human being, not the perspective of controlling people. So I think that part of the dynamic is explaining to people that if they don't want a six week man or they don't want a fifteen week or twenty one or whatever it is, what restrictions would they support, Because they will never tell you.
Speaker 3: What restrictions they support. They never will say it.
Speaker 4: And there's a reason why, and that is that the official position of the left, and they're never called out on it, is abortion on demand for any reason, and frank and paid for by taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick commercial break more with Center or Reveal on the other side before we move on. Should Republicans have a unified message on this, and if so, what should it be.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if something like this you can have a unified mession.
Speaker 4: The truth of the matter is that you have people that have different This is not an issue that's from a political standpoint black and white.
Speaker 3: There are people that are in favor of a fifteen.
Speaker 4: Week ban or twenty one week or whatever it may be, or a band but with exceptions. So there's a wide variety of flavors here and viewpoints. And if you want to be a majority party of people that agree on a bunch of stuff but maybe have some differences of opinion as to how far these restrictions should go, then you've got to accommodate that.
Speaker 3: So don't know if we'll ever have a unified message.
Speaker 4: What I think we should be unified in is to unapologetically say, ultimately, look, abortion is not a good thing. Whether your pro life or protrays, we should agree that abortions are not therapeutic, they are not a good thing. They are not a cost for celebration, and irrespective of how you view it, we should all recognize that it is a tragic thing. And I think we should also recognize that we're talking about here is the choice between protecting an unborn human life and the right of people of women to control what happens with their body. And that's the choice we're trying to make here and to balance that, and that I think is something. And the third thing we should be unified in is, no matter how you feel about abortion specific abortion restrictions, there has to be some restrict there has to be some limitation. Right, We're not otherwise we're dealing with in fanticide. What is that limitation? We should all be unified in at least demanding that those who are against us detail what it is they would support as far as the limitation. And we don't do that enough. We never challenge or point to the media and say, you know, all answer your questions on this when you ask them what they're what they're in favor of, what restriction they would support, because they won't support any restriction.
Speaker 3: They will never tell you what restriction they're for.
Speaker 1: You know, Senator, I want to move on to foreign policy. I know it's a you know, you're very passionate about it, and I want to we want to hear from you on a bunch of these different issues. You know, turning to the war in the Middle East. You know, President Biden is redesignated or is going to redesignate Yemen's or on back who THEES is a terrorist group? He removed them three years ago from the Foreign Terrorist Organization's list. Why did he do that in the first place, and what does that tell you about this administration's foreign policy.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a line of thinking in American politics that was clear in the Obama years. I think there's holdovers of that in the Biden years as well, and generally along the West, and that is that America is generally always wrong.
Speaker 3: America is bad.
Speaker 4: America is a source of problems in the world, and so we need to be apologetic about it, and we need to be accommodating. And so this idea that somehow, you know, if we're just nicer, if we would just admit that we've made mistakes, if we would just try to create space and accommodate enemies and people who have fundamentally different views of what they want the world to look like, that they're going to like us more and they're going to behave better And I think that was part of the and I think the other part of it, frankly is the Biden administration went in with a very clear mandate that is, whatever Trump was for, we need to be against. Even if it made sense if he did it, we have to be the opposite of it. So I think it really begins with that. And so they've made these decisions. It's project weakness and so, but we live in the real world, not governed by people that have these sort of guilt trips, but rather by people that are interested in that are focused on their national interest and ambitions, and they're going to act in their national interests and in furtherance of their ambitions, whether it's the Hussies or Iran, North Korea, or Vladimir Putin and especially the Chinese.
Speaker 3: They don't care about all this other stuff.
Speaker 4: They're not interested, and they don't care about public opinion or being popular at Davos. And what they care about is what is in the interest of our country or our movement, and we're going to do whatever it takes to further that.
Speaker 3: And so we hit that reality. And so, yeah, the whusis this is basically a band.
Speaker 4: Of pirates who now have pretty sophisticated weapons provided to them by Iran, and they now have the ability to target commercial shipping, which poses the risk now of inflating prices all over the world and disrupting the flow of energy and the like. And it's interesting, you know, we are conducting military operations against the who's these because they're threatened to blow up oil tankers. But I thought the Biden administration said we don't really need oil anymore.
Speaker 3: We should now rely on renewables.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I don't know why they are basically protecting sources of global energy that they say are bad for the world and that we don't need any more of. So it just points to the hypocrisy of they know we need more energy. That's why that's one of the reasons why we're involved in protecting those shipping lengths, because of what it would mean to world energy prices. But I think this projection of weakness is an invitation for aggression. It always has been. That's human nature. That's been true throughout the fifty five hundred years of recorded history. And then we're seeing it again now.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and we're seeing a lot of aggression in the Middle East. I mean, we've got Israel rightfully waging a war against hamas after you know, those atrocities, the terror attacks. Now we've got Pakistan at Iran conducting strikes on each other in an unprecedented way. Why is that happening and what are you watching for between those two countries and what are the concerns that this could spill out to a broader regional war.
Speaker 4: Well, that's going to be a long It's kind of complicated. First of all, it is ironic. You know that Iran had an attack conducted inside of Iran out of ceremony, to a remembrance of the criminal solomony, and it was conducted by ISIS.
Speaker 3: So now Iran is.
Speaker 4: Striking ISIS inside of Syria or Iraq and also in places where they might be hiding out in Pakistan.
Speaker 3: So we are all to enemies of ISIS, you know. And we have troops a.
Speaker 4: Small number that remain in Iraq and in Syria to prevent a resurgence of ISIS.
Speaker 3: But the groups that are on supports.
Speaker 4: In those countries are attacking those troops that are there attacking ISIS, while ISIS is attacking Iran, and Iran is attacking ISIS back. So it is a complicated mess of a situation in our hands. And the other thing that I think is really eventful this week is a bunch of people on the left going crazy because Nanyahu said, oh, we're.
Speaker 3: Not going to have a Palestinian state after this is over.
Speaker 4: Look in a perfect world, in an ideal world, there would be an accommodation of some sort. I think that was and it's been something Israel's attempted multiple times. Here's the reality. Who would govern a Palestinian state? Because right now, the two groups that claim to speak for Palestinians, the Palestinian authority in Juday and Samaria and Hamas and Godza, are both groups that teach little children that Jews are evil and that killing them is glorious. And in the case of Hamas, we've just seen the terrorist attacks they can inducted. So how could any nation possibly be asked to endorse the creation of a neighboring state that will be governed by people who want to kill them as their open stated goal. That is an unrealistic expectation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Maybe one hundred years from now, maybe fifty years from now, the conditions.
Speaker 3: Will be different, but right now it is unrealistic.
Speaker 4: Frankly, it is reckless to talk about turning over territory and standing up a nation state governed by people that want to kill you. No nation on earth would do that. And so I don't know what's so controversial about Nanya who's saying that, as far as the broader conflict is concerned, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Could spire pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: And part of it is there is no deterrence that the Iranians are not in any way worried, because even as Joe Biden is responding by some of these missile attacks against these Iranian backed groups, really Iranian agents who are attacking the US, we.
Speaker 3: Still have people trying to cut a deal with Iran.
Speaker 4: We still have people trying to meet with them and talk to them about how can we do a deal and bring back the.
Speaker 3: Obama's Iran deal.
Speaker 4: So I think they view this as this is a country so desperate for peace that we can basically go as far as we want and not really face consequences because they're so desperate to cut a deal here. And so I think their version of what the red line is is much further than what most Americans think it is. And the threat here is we get sucked into another regional conflict even though we don't want one, and.
Speaker 3: That's the reality.
Speaker 4: We now face two global wars, both of which are putting strain on our country, and the threat of a third one potentially with Taiwan and China. So it's it's a complicated time, but the projectional weakness from this administration has definitely contributed.
Speaker 1: To it well. And one thing that's concerning is, you know, there's a morning Console poll that saw the ar show that support for Israel globally has dropped pretty significantly. We know that there's politics in play here, you know, a very divided Democrat party on this issue. We're seeing pro Palestinian rallies in the United States, which you know are really pro Homas rallies, if you know, you want to be honest. The rise of anti Semitism, this hatred of the United States as well. You know, how do we get to this point where there are so many people on the left and you know, that hate the United States, that hate Israel, that you know, hate things that are righteous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's three things happening that we need to point to. The first is anti Semitism. It is an ancient poison. It affects a lot of societies, and Israel is a Jewish state, and so first and foremost, I think that underlines a lot of this. I think the second is anti Western in essence. Israel is a Western culture, culture, and country or democracy, and so I think there's this idea that anything that's Western is evil and bad and all of this third supported.
Speaker 3: By a global media, global elites, global.
Speaker 4: Corporate entities, international organisms who are all aligned in the narrative right, and the narrative is, yes, it is terrible what happened to the Israelis, but they kind of deserved it, right because they've been killing Palestine's for a long time, and what they're doing now is way overboard, It goes way too far, what.
Speaker 3: They're doing now.
Speaker 4: These are the same people, by the way, that don't dare speak a word about the fact that the Chinese take Wiger Muslims and put them in work camps and concentration camps and committing genocide.
Speaker 3: They don't. There's no talk of that. There's no talk of the horrible.
Speaker 4: Atrocities that are committed by the Iranian regime or anybody else, very little discussion about it. So I think we need to recognize that there is this anti Semitic, anti Western movement in the world that finds its home in the Marxist left, and that frankly, you know our fellow travelers on this stuff. It's not a surprise that these anti Western elements that have been telling people forever America is evil because Europeans in the Western culture is evil and are the same ones that are now out there, you know, fomenting this pro Hamas anti Israel position in our domestic politics.
Speaker 1: Quick break, have so much more to ask, Senator Rubio. You had mentioned Taiwan and China. You know, one thing that we've seen happen under this administration is China, Iran, and Russia have all grown closer under Biden's watch. You know what does that mean for our future as a country and also for the future of the world.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's probably.
Speaker 4: The single biggest geopolitical development of the last two or three years, and that is this.
Speaker 3: Growing It's not an alliance like a NATO.
Speaker 4: It is a confederation of countries who have different specific ambitions but share a common goal, and that is that they want the world to a world in which America and its allies are less influential and they are more influential. China obviously is the head of that, but the Russians have folded in underneath it, the North Koreans have seen benefiting it, the Iranians.
Speaker 3: As well, and a host of other countries.
Speaker 4: Some you know, to varying degrees, who would want to see a world that is less in which America and our allies are less relevant, less powerful, less influential, and they have more influence and more power. And that's the movement that we now see and developing, and so under Biden, they see the perfect opportunity, right because they see someone who projects weakness, both personally and also in our decisions we're making. You know, when you are out there basically on your knees begging to do a deal with Iran, you're projecting weakness.
Speaker 3: You're projecting the desperate desire to accommodate them at any costs.
Speaker 4: And for people who have tyrannical views that, you know, it's so hard for us because we have been raised I think that anyone can sit down and work anything out. If you just talk through it, we can work anything out. That we have forgotten a fundamental lesson in history is that sometimes you can't work things out. You know, sometimes whether it was Napoleon, whether it was Hitler, whether it was Ussolini in North Africa, whether throughout history, there's the reality that there are ambition, national ambitions, and national interests, and that the leaders of those societies, those cultures, in those countries will pursue them and there is no accommodation with them. And so the only language they understand is deterrence and strength. And it isn't just the threat of war. It is the commitment, you know, the attitudinal approach to it. It's one of the things that I think really helped Trump. For all the criticism we used to get, I think there was a perception that we don't know what this guy's going to do, but it's not good for us.
Speaker 3: I promise you I can tell you this. When Solomon he was.
Speaker 4: Struck, it had the Iranians complained, they threatened, they did their press conferences, they launched a few rockets. But you know, the next guy, nobody knows who the next guy, and nobody he's the next leader of the IRGC is not nearly as famous. You know why, because he didn't want to be identified as the next leader.
Speaker 3: Could be him.
Speaker 4: It influenced their actions because they honestly believed that there was somebody in the presidency who might actually do things, not just do some press conference and talk about international norms. So you know that I think has been a real big problem here is that Biden projects weakness, both in his actions and personally, and that's always dangerous for a country like ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate your mentioning, you know, us being kind of naive and the way we perceive the rest of the world. I've interviewed Sean Parnell on here, you know, former Army ranger, American hero, and he said, even our friends, you know, we're behaving in like in medieval ways in afghan you know. So it's like, you know, we kind of are a little bit naive sometimes in thinking that everyone just you know, we can just work it out, or we can just give them money or whatever, and it's all going to be okay. You know, you mentioned Trump and foreign policy. I mean, he really, honestly probably was one of the better, if not one of the best, foreign policy presidents we've had. You've endorsed him, is that one of the reasons? And and what are you looking at heading into twenty twenty four?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't remember the last time that the majority of Americans felt like the country was heading in the right direction.
Speaker 3: I don't remember when that was.
Speaker 4: Certainly hasn't been in the lifetime with my four children, three of whom are no longer children, and they've never known a country which the majority felt we're head in the wrong direction. This country's broken, Our institutions are broken, our economy's broken. Yeah, the majority of Americans no longer believe this is a place where you can anyone has a chance to get ahead. You know, we've seen, we've we've turned our culture into the vulte. We celebrate the vulgar, the ridiculous, the obscene and absurd and so and then we're shocked that, you know, one and out of ten, over one out of ten men in America have a felony record. We life expectancy has collapsed because of suicides and overdoses. We have children fifteen, sixteen, seventeen years of age with high rates of mental illness and so forth winding up in our hospitals. There's so much broken in our country and our foreign policy. We now have two wars, as I said, and the threat of a third one with Taiwan. This is a big mess, and it's going to require big solutions. Big solutions are not easy because you're going to get resistance from special interests who are vested in the status quo. You're going to get resistance from the bureaucracy that will create every impediment imaginable to stop you from doing these things.
Speaker 3: You're going to get extraordinary.
Speaker 4: Criticism from all the so called experts and the columnists and commentators on television. They're going to call you all kinds of horrible things. So it takes a leader who doesn't care about those things, that breaks through all those things to actually do things. And I saw Trump do it. I saw it firsthand. For example, when we did the child tax credit, he had to take on the orthodoxy in the Republican Party on that and on trade for example, and didn't care when we did measures on Cuba and in Venezuela.
Speaker 3: The amount of complaints that he.
Speaker 4: Got from vested interests, in addition to the commentary class was extraordinary, and he plowed right through it.
Speaker 3: He never let the bureaucrats get in the way of taking action.
Speaker 4: We're going to need that, we're going to need to make this country has big problems that require big solutions, some of which are going to be hard and uncomfortable. Like what do you do with five or six million people that have entered this country just in the last three years and are here illegally. We are going to have to deport people, and we've never had to deport that many people, but we're going to have to do it or this is going to get worse and it's going to continue.
Speaker 3: That's not going to be easy. And so I think.
Speaker 4: That one of the things that one of the reason why we need Trump back in the wife is because I know he will do those things.
Speaker 3: He will not cow down to.
Speaker 4: The media pressure or the special interests, or the or the bureaucracy, whether it's on foreign policy or domestic and we are this is a time where we need some big changes before it's too late. And I just think he gives us the best chance to do it. He's done it before, and I believe he'll do it again. He's the right person at the right time to do that.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree with what you just said in the way you laid it out with the message there, and I think we went on the messaging. My concern is the mechanics. And you know, elections have really changed since COVID with mail and balloting, ballot harvesting. Do you think do you think we're doing enough at you know, the RNC, at the NRCC, at the n er SC to combat the Democrats mechanics of you know, getting ballots turned in.
Speaker 4: I think it depends on the state. You know, are in our country. Elections are conducted at a state by state basis. So you have some states that basically went all out and basically, I mean to not exaggerate here, but basically mailed ballots to everybody and said here's your ballot. And they didn't only make it easy to vote, they almost like, you know, stuck a ballot in your face and said here it is, go do it, do it.
Speaker 3: Now, do it here.
Speaker 4: And anytime you do something like that, especially you've never done it before, at a minimum, you're going to have problems and glitches, but you're also going to undermine public confidence. People are going to look at it and say, well, what you know, just simple simple things like the fact that you have in person voting going one way and then all of a sudden, all these mail ballots come in.
Speaker 3: Even if they're all legitimate.
Speaker 4: For example, the REASONAB people are going to say, hold on a second, how can it be that all of a sudden distinct flipped overnight. It feels weird you undermining credibility. In other states. Frankly, there are no laws whatsoever, and you can show up on election that you can register right there, and then they do very little. They care very little about the integrity of the elections. I mean, so many people don't even want you to show an ID to vote. You can't even get on an airplane without an ID, for God's sake. But you can vote, you know, and determine the future of our country. So I think it really depends on a state by state basis which state we're talking about in which states we're dealing with here. But I do think you kind of reach a tipping point as well, where no matter what they do, and no matter how much they try to do on the margins, I think there are more than enough American voters who remember what life was like in this country before COVID, when Trump was in the White House, and they remember our economy was stronger, our nation was stronger, we didn't have wars going on all over the place we felt less threatened, and really the only controversy that was going on was that the media was going nuts about how much they hated Trump. That was the real controversy, domestically manufactured by them. And I think there are enough voters out there that recognize this. And then they look at Biden has been a colossal disaster and every cent from the border to the economy, everything costs more, Labor participation is flat, the borders out of control. We have two wars going on. The world feels, I'm certain, and unsafe. I think there are plenty of people out there that recognize that to more than make up for, you know, whatever's wrong in a handful.
Speaker 3: Of these states.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we do need to be more vigilant and call these things out and not be embarrassed to call out places where the integrity and the confidence in our elections are undermined by the actions of those who are in charge of running them.
Speaker 1: You know, hearing you lay all that out, it's like, man, I can't believe so much has changed for the worse and such a short period of time. You know, Senator you've been so gracious with your time today. I want to be respectful of your schedule. We just truly appreciate you taking the time to come on the show and thank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks for having me on. I hope to come back one day, yep.
Speaker 1: And thank you for representing the great state of Florida.
Speaker 3: It's been a great honor to do it. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I'm very proud of it our state and everything it's done and is doing. And like every state, like I wish our property insurance is a little lower, you know, I wish our auto insurance rates are a little lower. But I still wouldn't trade it for any of these other places, you know. I was at a CBS in Washington, d C. About a month ago. I don't know why I had to go in there. Iye drops them at nine o'clock at night, and these people just walking in and taking stuff out of the cooler where the drinks were, like if it was their home refrigerator, just walking out the door like it was just normal, just to steal from the CBS. And I felt terrible for the poor man the cashier who ended up telling me he was an immigrant from I believe Kenya, And it's like, yeah, I can't do anything about it. I mean, as long as they don't have a weapon, they tell us not to call the police. I'm not saying that never happens in Florida, but boy, you don't see it like you do in these other places. I'm just glad I live in a normal place. I hope we can get back to living in a normal country.
Speaker 1: I do to a senator, so prayers for twenty twenty four. I hope people you know, wake up and turn out. Senator. Thank you so much for your time, sir. I really appreciate it, enjoyed the conversation.
Speaker 3: I did as well. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: That was Senator Marco Rubio from the Great State of Florida. Really appreciate him giving us so much time. That was really kind of him and his team. I want to thank you guys at home for listening every Monday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week. I want to thank John Cassio and my producer for putting the show together. Until next time,