Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick. Great episode one hundred, our one hundredth episode and in fact we are going to today we're live on YouTube. Thank you for watching if you're watching us live on Monday morning. If not, if you're can't participate in this if you're watching after the fact, But for those who are watching live, put your favor. We usually ask for questions and comments in the chat. We can ask some of your favorite moments from the first hundred episodes. Add those to the chat. Also, big happenings around here. Yeah, I'm glad Demanse just put his hand down because we're I even get to what's going on on the show. Listen some some people would be a little disturbed by this. I couldn't be prouder. Demonse hit a beautiful five leg parlay on Thanksgiving and immediately with his winnings, but a very fresh diamond chain is very well done, Very proud of him. You can see that on the YouTube stream. You can also listen to us obviously on iTunes, Spotify check us out there. But before we get to week twelve in the NFL, here's what is not making today's show. What did not make the cut for today's show is Odell getting as scored it off a plane. Conflicting reports here, and I am not one to just believe what the police tell me. However, Odell's lawyer's excuse does not seem that believable either, so I'm I'm intrigued by what may or may not have actually happened. I know it's not the greatest look for a guy who's trying to interview for jobs right now. Josh Jacobs with an eighty six yard walk off touchdown in overtime to beat the Seattle Seahawks, and the fight in Gino Smith's and the Chiefs not really making today's show as they dominate Bryce Perkins. You said you were gonna bring up on the podcast something I said about Bryce Perkins. I thought about it for a few hours. You are not gonna bring them up on the podcast. Let's get to today's show. Here is demonsy, what are we starting with?
Speaker 3: Ours are the Eagles. They now moved to to ten and one on Sunday Night Football, and Jalen Hurts is looking like an MVP. But the big story, the big story was Aaron rodgers old injury.
Speaker 2: Can we just pause just for one second before we get to Aaron Rodgers? You guys just start the clock if you want. But it's fine. I told you guys last week what was going to happen with the MVP conversation? And I thought, you guys, last week the whole football media came to a consensus where I've been all year, that it's Patrick Mahomes and then it's everybody else. And last week the general consensus was Mahomes the MVP. Let's stop being dumb. We know he's the MVP. And what did I tell you guys? I told you guys that that would last a few weeks maximum, and then they will find someone new to put. Ah, maybe it's this guy. It took six days and now it's oh, maybe it's Jalen Hurts is the MVP. And by by the way, unfortunately for Jalen, they probably got damn too early. In a few weeks, it will be guys to to us the MVP. Mahomes. It's gonna be Mahomes versus Allen, then Mahomes versus Hurts, then Mahomes versus.
Speaker 3: Tua, and who was the best candidate.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't shock me if they steal this MVP from him like they did in twenty twenty, as I told you, might happen, But go ahead, that's not the story here.
Speaker 3: The biggest story here is Aaron Rodgers and his injury. Yeah, he came into the game with a fracture thumb and late in the third went into the locker room with a rib injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But to the rescue, Jordan Love came in and looked excellent.
Speaker 2: He did look good.
Speaker 3: Almost immediately threw a touchdown. Everyone remember when remembers when Rogers pulled this exact exact move once upon a time. Far so, is this the end of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a complicated question because I think the Packers and Rogers after the game said he wants to play, he wants to keep playing. They're done, They're fourign eight, They're cooked, They're finished. And James Jones, if you're watching, I do not forget a few weeks ago when you were on First Things First with me and bet me an indetermined amount of money that the Packers were gonna win ten games, and I said, any stakes you want is fine. You were very loud about them winning ten games. Well, they have now lost eight games, so winning ten games is mathematically impossible. So you can forward me the check whenever you want, mister Jones. But that's neither here nor there. Packers are done. Okay, we know the Packers are done. We also know that they are in a very odd spot with Jordan Love because he was a first round pick. First round picks get four year contracts with a fifth year option, meaning the team has the option to add a fifth year to the contract. Okay, that option must be exercised in the off season between their third and fourth years. That's this off season for Jordan Low. So the only silver lining to the season from hell and now to the fact that Rogers is legitimately banged up. Is you can sit him the rest of the way and get a five weeks sample of Jordan Love, not necessarily because you're moving on from Aaron Rodgers, but because you need to see Love play so you can determine A. Do we want to pick up his option? B? Does he have real trade value?
Speaker 3: What if?
Speaker 2: So the Packers front office this off season is going to have to I believe. Let so let's just go through all the possible scenarios. Let me set this up well, because this is important. Scenario one, you go back to Rogers season. What is gained from that? I would argue nothing other than maybe he gets, you know, a little more reps with the young receivers. But you can't make the playoffs either way. All you can do is get hurt more. There is to me nothing to be gained from going back to Rodgers. Okay, that's door number one. Door number two. You go to Jordan Love and he's awful. Okay, you now can decline the fifth year option. Understand that was a bad pick. Move forward with Aaron Rodgers. You go to Jordan Love and he's good. That then opens two separate possibilities three actually possibility number one. If he's good, you pick up the fifth year option. You hold on to Jordan Love, you keep Aaron Rodgers. Rogers is your starter next year, and then the year after you make a decision, do we want to trade Rogers? Release Rogers after next season, move on with Jordan Love. What do we want to do? Okay, Jordan Love is good. Door number two of that, you'll ask around the league and say, what can we get for this guy? Can we get a first round pick for this guy? In a world where Matt Ryan gets traded for stuff, Carson Wentz gets traded for a lot of stuff, one more year of him on a very cheap rookie deal plus a relatively cheap fifth year option. Is there a team like the New York Jets if Mike White turns back into a pumpkin that decides, we're good, we need a quarterback. We know this is what we don't want to go through the total crapshoot of the draft again, and we will use those draft picks to try to make one more Super Bowl push with Rogers. Door number three of the Jordan Love is good of option is you trade Aaron Rodgers and you move forward with Jordan Love. The point is this, I don't know if Rogers is the quarterback next year. I do know it would be inarguably the wrong decision to not take advantage of the one good part of a lost season, which is that you can use the last five weeks to evaluate this quarterback. And if that pisses off Aaron Rodgers to use the old one of my favorite quotes from a show I actually didn't watch, mad Men, the Dom Draper quote, that's what the money's for, Aaron? You're upset, Well, luckily we just gave you one hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: On a one year contract. Who Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 2: She was before they signed him to this extension?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what do you even are you even able to get anything for Aaron?
Speaker 2: Yes? Because yeah you would, because and speak up.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Youems have to finish his contract right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's listen, the Aaron Rodgers contract is complicated, and it's a lot of money people would be trading for, but it's after next season. It's a year to year commitment. It's not You're not locked into him for multiple seasons after next year. So because of that, I think that I think there would be a market, maybe not a strong market, but a market for Rogers. They can't cut him, they could trade him. It would actually help their cap situation a bit. So the point is this, you must get the knowledge that is available to you by playing Jordan Love next. All right, by the way, there's a Rogers done in Green Bay. Sixty percent? Say yes, all right, go ahead?
Speaker 3: All right. The Browns shocked the Bucks in overtime, also shocked my bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you would have lost the bet anyway thanks to the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but the Bucks had a chance. The Browns tied the game with less than a minute to go in the fourth We've all seen Brady pull off countless game winning drives. This one seemed more than doable. But the Bucks didn't stop the clock and instead played for overtime and lost. Is Todd Boss is not hacking in disguise? Or do the bucket or do the Bucks lack trust in tom? Okay?
Speaker 2: The Bucks clock management at the end of that game was a total abomination. In overtime, it wasn't good at the end of the fourth quarter. It was a travesty so I want to go through because everyone's focusing just on the final Tampa drive. That was not the problem. The problem was this. Here's the situation. You were up seventeen to ten. Cleveland has one time time out. That's the key piece of information. Cleveland has one timeout. Okay, the Browns pop a giant Nick Chubb run. They have first and ten from the Tampa twelve with a minute fifty three left. Okay, at that moment, any serious team must understand, even though you have the lead, you now must preserve the clock. So let me explain it. Because Cleveland only has one timeout. If they and there's a minute fifty three left, if they don't score, you're taking needs. You win the game if you stop them from scoring. Because one timeout, you can stop it once, but then you can kneel it twice. That takes eighty five seconds off the clock. There's only one hundred and thirteen seves left. Their plays are going to take ten to fifteen seconds. It's game over. You're a kneel down territory. So the clock. Now, Cleveland no longer cares about the clock. They actually want to use as much clock as possible because if they don't score, the tying touchdown. They've lost either way. If they have all their timeouts, or even two of their timeouts, it's a different situation. But if you're Tampa, once they get down to the twelve and there's a minute fifty three left, you must understand, yes, we want to stop them, but if we don't stop them, we want to have ninety seconds. You could have to get a game winning field goal. Instead, Tampa lets them run thirty three seconds off the clock before their second down play. That's in a minute twenty it's an incomplete pass. Okay, Now you're real lucky, right they went and complete. Even though you blew the timeout situation, you still have all three all three, and there's a minute twenty left. On third down, they throw the ball, they lose a yard. There is now a minute fifteen left. Cleveland is in fourth and ten to minute fifteen. If you call timeout, if you stop them, you're taking knees. The game is over. There is seventy five seconds left you can take You can take three knees and take off eighty seconds. Games over. They let the clock run down to thirty five seconds. Cleveland calls their next play touchdown. Now you have thirty two seconds and congrat you have all your timeouts. It's disastrous. Then to make it even worse, this is what you're talking about, thirty two seconds left after the touchback on first down, you throw it for one yard and just let the clock run. Just play for over. They're playing for overtime there instead of seeing a Brady and getting field goal range. Now that that Brady could have called those timeouts, that was brazy. But the real screw up was the previous the defensive possession, and then in overtime they screwed up the clock too. I don't want to spend more time on it. And as an added kicking the gut in overtime, Tristan Wurfs, your best offensive lineman on an offensive line that has been ravaged by injuries, gets carted off in what the broadcast described as a gruesome injury. Now I didn't see it. Hopefully he's okay, but he got carted off and they called it grooesome. That's not great. So I've said Tampa's like a sleeper NFC contender. I really at this point, Bowls was just deer in the headlights, so bad. Brady coming off the by didn't look that sharp. The brown stink. Yeah, the Browns stink. They scored an opening drive touchdown and then did nothing for fifty five minutes on offense, and you found a way to lose to him. That's a disastrous loss. And I'm not just angry exieted the Bucks minus three. That is a disastrous loss. Now, the pole says, well, the Bucks win the NFC South, and the poll questions, yes, seventy five percent. I agree with that, and they might even depending on who the first wild guard in the NFC is, win a playoff game. Still, but that offensive line, plus that coaching, I can't believe in him to go on a real run. All right, let's get to the main event. I can't believe we didn't start here.
Speaker 3: One of the wildest games of the year. The Prince that was promised pulled out a win versus the Ravens. Lawrence had three straight scoring drives and hit a two point conversion to win. All The Jags finally got a win, but are still only four and seven. Is this the best moment of Trevor's career? And if so, isn't that kind of sad?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it's not sad. It's not kind of sad, and you guys are so rude. I think it's kind of It's not sad. To stop it. Okay, Trevor did not get a real rookie year in the NFL because of Urban Meyers. So this is his rookie season. Last year didn't happen. This is rookie season, and he was out there throwing darts.
Speaker 3: Didn't He almost lose the game yesterday, had a fumble.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about that. Trevor was fantastic in this football game. You guys on the gambling show, you guys gave me some stupid Thanksgiving Day offer, which actually hit, by the way, I turned it down and said instead, I'll take Trevor Lawrence on the money line, winner, winner chicken dinner. So Trevor Lawrence the last three weeks win against Vegas one oh nine passer rating, one touchdown, no pick, two hundred and thirty five yards. The next week he played the best team in football, the Chiefs. He lost. It happens still though. A one oh six passer rating, two hundred and sixty yards, two touchdowns, no picks. This week ends Baltimore three hundred and twenty yards passing a one thirty rating, three touchdowns, zero picks. Maybe an AFC Offensive Player of the Week award possibly, I'm thinking about that player of the week. What's so funny player of the week?
Speaker 3: Man player of the week.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a big deal, but in fact, you know what the well, yeah, they give it out weekly pass. Let me let me just see who else could even get it. Josh Allen's not getting it. No one on the Bills is getting it. The Patriots.
Speaker 3: That quarterback maje.
Speaker 2: Damn it, Mike White might get it. God dog it, Mike White might Oh you know what, No, Josh Jacob's gonna get it. The running back for the Raiders, he had no, no, no, damn it. Josh Jacob's gonna get it. That's right, runner up player of the week. How about that for my guy, Trevor.
Speaker 3: That's awesome and I'll win and the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Jack's not dead yet. I mean they they've got some work to do, but not dead yet. You guys, you guys mocked me. I told you he was gonna turn it around. They get the Lions this week. What what are you laughing about it?
Speaker 3: I mean, you're just making it seem like This is like a flawless victory. You didn't know until the end of the game that it was over. It was the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Ravens are really good. By the way, that's another two score lead blown by the Ravens. Did you see Lamar's tweet?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. My friend told me about it as I was playing the game with him.
Speaker 2: He told a fan that you don't believe it wasn't right Lamar trying to get that. Man, You can't be tweeting these people eat all bleak. Not great, Lamar, You've been you got a really good image. This wasn't great. Also, you watched a lot of this game with me. Yeah, Lamar is not the most reliable passer dude at all. I mean, whether it's you playing him in Madden, de Monte played me in Madden. He was Lamar. I got beat fifty to fourteen. Just kept sailing interceptions over people's heads.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's the So the Ravens all of a sudden, they're still favors to win the division. But seven and four, but Cincinnati beat Tennessee, the Ravens lose. Now the Ravens, what they have going for them is the schedule Broncos, Steelers Browns with the show them Back Falcon Steelers at the Bengals week eighteen. The Bengals, on the other hand, have a much more difficult schedule, including the game of the year next week at home against the Chiefs. The Bengals have Chiefs Browns at the Bucks at the Patriots home for the Bills home for the Ravens. So the Ravens should still win that division because the schedule strength is so different. But it's hard to believe in this Ravens team right now as a true championship contender. Now it is something that they've played eleven games. Were they ever up double digits in this game? I know they were up nine? Uh, I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: They were my paycheck on the raven Broncos game.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not. Let's not put your paycheck on the Ravens Broncos game.
Speaker 3: I'm joking, but I'm putting I'm definitely putting money on that game.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well on the raven Well, real quick, let's just do it real quick. What do you think the line is Ravens at home against the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ravens minus seven minus eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ravens minus eight. They blow at risk. Yeah, that's the thing is they blow a lot of lee that they get the leads. And that's what's so weird about them. You would think that a team that is run, run, run, with a quarterback that doesn't really turn it over a ton if and historically, prior to this year, that's what they were like twenty four and three went up double digits with Lamar and now they've lost three times when up double digits and a fourth time win up nine points, but they lost a royalty. What do you want from promised? What you say the pony, the pony that was promised. I don't know what that means. But we can just move.
Speaker 3: On next after Sunday. Two of these four teams will make the playoffs, the Bengals, Jets, Patriots, and Chargers. The Chargers risky coaching finally paid off with the crazy win over Arizona. The Jets have a new identity under Mike White and crushed Chicago and since he beat Tennessee without mixing or Chase, New England is and going away. But they did lose to Minneapolis on Thanksgiving Day. Minnesota, But go ahead, minute, I always say Minieanapolis, Minnesota Bootball.
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: No, no, but I don't know why I get them mixed up with the Colts Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, Minis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you if you had to bet, if you had to bet on two of those teams to make the playoffs, who are you picking? All? Right?
Speaker 2: Before I even answer that, I want to say something about you mentioned the Chargers, risky coaching Penguins And if you guys remember my analytics rant from about a month ago that where I said analytics needs a rebranding, and another thing I said was what I think is total bs is we only talk about these aggressive decisions when they go poorly. You had two teams yesterday go for two at the end of games to win them the prince that was promised in the Jags and the Chargers over the Cardinals. They both worked and like clockwork. And by the way, that is not even a clear analytics move. Most analytics models usually have those decisions as close to coin flips. It's more a coach gut decision. But as always happens, amazingly, the biggest critics of analytics, they didn't mind those decisions. You know, I listen and I don't name check him on social media on this because he's a friendly of mine. He's good friends with Kevin Wilds, and I like and respect him a lot. But I was listening to Bill Simmons this morning, and like clockwork, Bill who has criticized these coaches for being aggressive all year, says, without a touch of irony, you know both those two point conversions. I actually agreed with. Oh, you don't say because they worked. Everybody loves them when they work. When teams are aggressive and it works, people have no problem with it. When they don't, they want to do a purging of the nerds and blame analytics. Okay, now to this question. So New England's you said, New England's not gonna go away. New England's going away, New England's cooked.
Speaker 3: Minnesota is a good team, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know that they are, but I mean they're a good team. I don't know that they're an excellent team. What sucks for the Patriots in that game is Mac Jones played the best game is life and they lost. Like their offense to everything, their defense could do nothing. Here's the problem for the Patriots. They have six games remaining. Four of them demons are against the Bills, Dolphins, Bengals, two against the Bills, home against the Bengals, home against the Dolphins. That's brutal. The now, road games against the Cardinals and Raiders, let's give them those wins. Okay, road wins against the Cardinals and Raiders. That only gets you the eight wins.
Speaker 3: Even if you go.
Speaker 2: One in three against Bills, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals. Now you're only at nine wins. Right. Can you go four and two down the stretch, which would mean two and two you split with the Bills and then you also split Bengals Dolphins. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I think the Patriots are the easiest ones to eliminate that. The Jets are interesting because the Jets, now that they have semi competent quarterback play, that defense is so good that you want to believe in them. I gotta look at what the Jets have the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: They also just beat up on a dogwater team.
Speaker 2: No, that's true. At the Vikings, at the Bills, that's tough for the Jets. Then home Lions, home Jags at the Seahawks, at the Dolphins, and then the Charger. Listen, the Bengals are making the playoffs, so to me, the Bengals are. They have a tough schedule. I would be shocked if they don't make it. So let's let's pencil the Bengals in. Okay, that leaves one spot remaining. The Chargers have an incredibly soft schedule and that was a massive win for them, but they are a game behind the Jets and the standings. The Chargers have Raiders, Dolphins, Titans. Those are tough, but they're both at home. Then Colts rams Broncos. So do Dolphins Titans? Is hard? No, no, no, But the Colts rams Broncos to end the year is nice for them. That's really nice for them. They already got their Chiefs games out of the way. Right now. I would say Bengals Jets are the two playoff teams, with the Chargers the last team out the Patriots fading down the stretch. But I don't know why you guys are ignoring the possibility, the possibility, hey man, that the Jags going to run. Listen, can I just paint the picture for you? Let me paint the picture for you. Okay, the Jags go to Detroit and win. They then upset the Titans in Tennessee. That would be a big one. They then beat Dallas at home, tough go to the Jets could do it at the Texans Eazy Week eighteen Titans home. Titans already clinched the AFC South, already locked in to their seed. Maybe they rest people. I'm just saying it's not outside of the realm of possibilities that the Jags in the ear on a seven game winning It's possible. I don't know why you're laughing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're saying it's possible to the Prince of that was promised ends up with a seven game. When I was hyping up the other.
Speaker 2: Day the way these won seven games of his career day, I was, yeah, you were wrong about Daniel Jones. Dann Jones stinks. He stinks, buddy, dude, Let's see about this.
Speaker 3: Let's see about this seven You know what.
Speaker 2: Let me. I'm just saying I don't think they we should eliminate them entirely. All right, again, there is our one hundredth show. We will take in the chat your guy's favorite moments. I'm told we have some cool video packages that we're gonna be playing. We'll do that coming up next, plus game of Nick Wright Public Defender, and a little a little soccer talk my friends that today has been an unbelievable day in the World Cup. We'll do all that next.
Speaker 3: What's right? Jags are also plus eight day exactly?
Speaker 2: Can't write it off eight to one? Well, oh well, I bet on them before the season. I don't need to add more to it. All right, we'll discuss more letter next week.
Speaker 3: They'll be plus one thousand.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robles, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said, read off of the quote. Yeah, well, the only problem is he doesn't play for the least. I'm supposed to read the quote and then say he doesn't play for the Lilla.
Speaker 2: No, you're not supposed to say read off of the quote. That's a commason.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's a okay.
Speaker 2: Now you're cursing live on YouTube. That's that's Demanse's first I'm Ron Burgundy moment.
Speaker 3: I'm Demonse Berg.
Speaker 2: Will Demonse get to five thousand followers before I get to five hundred thousand followers?
Speaker 3: This is the deal.
Speaker 2: So you're risking one thousand dollars a thousand and I'm risking ten thousand. Yeah, and it will be paid on the show. So he won the bet.
Speaker 3: Might not see me here on Thursday.
Speaker 2: The hit show HBO Winning Time is seeking basketball players for the roles of Byron Scott. So you played college basketball, you are the right height. Look at this. I think that absolutely it works.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need more tweets, more Winning Time HBO Demonse hashtags. Demonse stands, we still need you guys, but that's huge.
Speaker 2: Demonse stands, yeah, okay, I don't know if those people exist.
Speaker 3: And Bill Belichick's also won seventy three percent of his games coached by other coaches named Mike.
Speaker 2: It sounds good, but it's it's one.
Speaker 3: Game, thirty three and twelve.
Speaker 2: Actually, he's coached forty five games against dude's named Mike Tomlin, Grable, Mike Smith, Mike Malarkey. Well, so it doesn't change my opinion.
Speaker 3: Defend your client, Draymond Green.
Speaker 2: Our defense is not that my client did not do it. Our defense is that you would have done it as well. There's two franchise tags. Let me just explain this very quickly enough. Franchise that salary right now, he looks like the league MVP.
Speaker 3: So that is the So you're saying it was dumb.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's your best live analogy ever.
Speaker 3: Really good.
Speaker 2: That's like a really smart point. You made demand and I have the same backpack.
Speaker 3: You probably shouldn't go.
Speaker 2: This guy's just out here chilling with a little little Let mean, look at this, Oh gas station, hit a sea bottle?
Speaker 3: Prove it as how much thigh will you continue to let demonte get away?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, It's a new generation. They're the short short generation.
Speaker 3: I'm built different.
Speaker 2: You're not only development growth and maturity on the air is has been exponential. It's really been a total joy for me. And I'm proud of you and I love you, and it's been it's been just great to be a part of it.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate that, Pops.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was well done. I'll just make sure we tweet that out. That full compilation. That was really good. Also, it does show a significant upgrade for us quality wise in our studio. Yeah, our camera quality and our studio quality and the whole thing.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh that by the way, keep commenting, your guys. Favorite moments were questions you have. We'll get to those at the end of today's show in the next segment. But first, before we get to our game, Nick Wright, public defender, what do we have to do? Oh it's the World Cup, Yo, give me the graphic. Oh look the old fiefa forecast. What's up?
Speaker 3: Oh? Nothing? I love the graphic.
Speaker 2: No, go ahead, no, no, I was saying, what's up ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, A lot has happened since we last talked. SoC Yeah, Argentina dropped their first game in a huge upset. Germany got knocked out, almost almost got knocked out. Sorry about that, guys' frit no problem. France is the only country with two wins so far. The US has ended both their matches in a draw, and the US faces Iran tomorrow in a win. And in scenario, how much FIFA have you played over the past few weeks and how much will that help the US make it to the group stage.
Speaker 2: I haven't played that much FIFA over the last few weeks. I've played some. I've played some. So we will discuss the US's spot and my concern, and then we will discuss the tournament as a whole. My concern is that Iran goes into tomorrow's game knowing that as long as Wales doesn't beat England, which would be very shocking if they did, Iran simply needs a draw to advance. So the US has to beat Iran. Iran needs to either win or draw. That is always a tough spot to be in if the other team is gonna play uber conservative, not really take a lot of chances to go build a lead because they're gonna say nil nil. Draw is fine with us, and it also means and nil nil's tough, right, It's tough to hold a team scoreless the whole game, but it certainly means that if Iran were to get up one nothing, the United States is I don't want to say screwed.
Speaker 3: But in brutal, brutal.
Speaker 2: Shape, because it would mean that Iran then absolutely can play uber conservative and even if they concede a goal be okay. So this is why the United States they played well to win both of their That's not true. Wales, they played well enough to win in the first half, they played poorly in the second half. England they played well enough to win, but they can't make any shots. They can't even get quality shots. They can't put shots on goal at a high enough rate. They played better than England in that game, and they were almost lucky to get a draw because England had far fewer scoring chances, but they were better scoring chances than the US had. I believe the US will beatle Ron and I think they'll advance. But that's not the only soccer I want to talk here. I just want to go day by day and just give you my quick thoughts on the tournament, because we haven't done that yet. So the first day, the big note of the big matchup note was obviously US Wales, and they got the draw. The good first half, bad second half. Day two, I guess this is technically day three, because Day one was guitar were in the opener our Argentina losing to Saudi Arabia was one of the most shocking events in any World Cup. It's the biggest upset since nineteen fifty in any World Cup. Argentina then got it back together. More on them in a moment later that day. A week ago tomorrow, six days ago, France fell down one nothing to Australia and then came storming back to the tune of winning four to one. They have looked like the best side in this entire tournament so far. It's why they're the only team that's already locked up a spot in the knockout round. The very next day, Japan shocked Germany to to one. That was a game where it's one it's for It's one thing for there to be a shocking upset, it's another thing for it to be a shocking come from behind upset. Germany was up won nothing in the seventy fifth minute and Japan got two goals late which put them obviously in great position. They win the game, and then Spain annihilated Costa Rica. It was embarrassing for Costa Rica. Costa Rica and redeemed themselves more on them in a moment, and then Belgium beat Canada. More on Belgium in a moment as well. Portugal. Ghana played a great game. Ghana's played two great games. They played an unbelievable game earlier today. Both the games they've been great. Brazil then kicked off their tournament. They beat Serbia easily. Then there was the US England nil nil draw. Nothing super of note the rest of that day for our purposes, France beat Denmark and put Denmark in position where they're screwed. Here Denmark, I shouldn't say screwed, but Denmark, who was a team that I think a lot of people thought was gonna have a real chance to do some type of damage in this tournament. Denmark, let me check their odds right now to advance, because France obviously is already already advanced Denmark right now, they they are minus one ninety to advance, so they are if they win their final match, their advance. I don't think they've played well thus far in this tournament, but just my take. And then Costa Rica yesterday redeems itself by beating Japan after losing seven to nothing. You know what I was saying my apologies for what I was saying about Denmark. When I was saying Denmark hadn't played that well, the point I was actually trying to make was Belgium. I guess it applies to both of them. Belgium is the team though that was one of the favorites and now is an underdog to advance. Denmark still should advance minus one ninety. Belgium, on the other hand, because of a two to zero loss to Morocco, is significant underdog to advance. It looks like it's gonna be Morocco and Croatia moving on, which is shocking. And then Brazil Switzerland is going on right now. But earlier today you had two unbelievable matches. You had Cameroon play Serbia. Cameroon went up one nill to start the game. Serbia then scored three consecutive goals, two in stoppage time in the first half, one early in the second half, and then Cameroon came back with two goals of their own to get a draw out of it. And then Ghana South Korea was probably the match of the tournament so far, where you add, pardon me, Ghana goes up one nothing and goes up to nothing. Then Joe from South Korea has back to back quick goals to get the tie, and then Ghana comes back again to take the lead. So that game went two o Gana two to two to three to two Ghana. It's so thus far, oh and I left out the Spain Germany game, So this is what's wild, and then we'll move on to the to public defender we were in. Germany was one of the five or six biggest favorites to win this whole tournament. Germany loses a shocking match in their first game to Japan. They then are playing Spain, who looked amazing as first game seven nothing. Obviously they're trailing. Spain won nothing in the eightieth minute. If they lose, they're done, just done, tournament over. They get a late goal to steal a draw and now they are minus four thirty to advance just because they have a draw. Because what they have now for they get Costa Rica. If they beat Costa Rica, they move on. So an amazing turnabout for Germany from one of the big favorites to looking like they're gonna be one of the first teams eliminated. Canada was the first team eliminated. I think or a cutter probably was Canado's second team, and now Germany looks like they're gonna be fine and moving on in advancing game. Okay, all right, now Demanse can start paying attention again.
Speaker 3: I've paid it since the entire time. I actually I know what happened in each one of the games.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, my apologies. I don't mean.
Speaker 3: Man, I just had to correct you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we just had to correct me.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Demand is now being very serious and professional while putting on a wig. All right, well, it looks like it's signed for Nick Wright public defender.
Speaker 3: Yep, no time it is. Yeah, all right, So Zach Jets quarterback Zach Wilson got benched and Mike White looked unbelievable. In the last two years. Without Wilson, the Jets lead the league in passing yards per game. With him, they're thirty first in the league. Everyone has been quick to powle on Wilson, which is why you need to defend him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna be very simple here with my defense of my client, Zach Wilson. And again for people new to the show, these are not my real opinions. As any good lawyer, I'm defending my client with vigor and enthusiasm, whether I believe he's innocent or guilty. Okay, I'm just curious, Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Do you think that multiple regimes, multiple head coaches, multiple front offices with the New York Jets have all just gotten top five picks wrong in Mark Sanchez, Sam Donald, and Zach Wilson, that they just drafted bad players, different schools, different careers, bad players. Or is there something about the New York Jets franchise that destin's marquee top picks to fail? Was my client, Zach Wilson destined to fail the moment the Jets called his name, the same way Sam Donald was, the same way Mark Sanchez was, the same way Geno Smith was until he got out of there for Gin. It took him damn near a decade to get the Jets stinch off him, but he finally did. Mark Sanchez never got that opportunity Sam Donald. We shall see in Carolina how he does. But I did see my client, my former client, Sam Donald, all of a sudden look a little frisky outside of the Jets. The hell now you might say, well, why can Mike White succeed there? This does not apply to all quarterbacks. Jeed Pennington was fine. This applies to guys who the media signs is the savior, the future of the franchise. They get thrown into the cauldron a little too early, when they're a little raw, and then they get eaten a love.
Speaker 3: So how do we explain Mike White your owner?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I just said. You might Mike White is the Cinderella story backup, none of the pressure, none of the scrutiny. And by the way, if you remember, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, what happened to Mike White the last time he got this opportunity. Mike White was nobody. He comes in for a game, and what does he do? He throws for four hundred yards and three touchdowns in a victory, and all of a sudden, there's excitement, there's enthusiasm. He gets a taste of what my client, Zach Wilson has had to deal with. Excuse me, and how did he do well? In his next two games one touchdown and four interceptions, including a game against Buffalo with a thirty three rating. It was almost like the moment Jet fans start having hope about a quarterback, there generations of terrible quarterback karma ruin him. That's what's happened to Zack Wilson. I rest my case all right. By the way, Zach Wilson stinks, Yeah, I mean he stinks. I'm not actually defending Zach.
Speaker 3: Now, these are all fun indefensible defense. Okay. The Broncos hit a new low losing to Sam Donald's Panthers. Russell Wilson has eight touchdowns in ten games, and his own teammate Mike Purcell gave him an earful on the sideline. Everyone is saying he's cooked, including TV analyst Nick Wright. Counselor defend your client, Russell Wilson. I hate that guy. But ordering the court though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your Honor, you need to recuse yourself. You can't be saying you hate I don't hate him.
Speaker 3: I strongly dislike him.
Speaker 2: You can't be saying you hate my client. Please let the record reflect that your Honor has shown his own biases and is not going to be able to be an impartial arbiter of the truth here. If in fact, you know what I'm not, I I don't need to defend Russell Wilson. I move for a mistrial. Please, we need we we need, we need fair and impartial analysts. We heard your honor from the bench. It was caught on a live microphone say I hate this guy. I moved for a mistrial with prejudice, your honor. I apologize, sir, but you have befouled the court and embarrassed yourself. You do not deserve to wear the robes of justice any longer. Let's move Let's just move on. Let's just move on.
Speaker 3: All right, no defense, Let's don't need one. Jaguars mascot Jacksonville showed up to the game versus the Ravens and only a speedo. Come on, man, there's kids watching the game. Counselor, your client is sleep.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't see this.
Speaker 3: Yeah I saw that, but I just didn't. I thought the whole yellow thing was a suit. So wait, he's not wearing That's that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, I mean.
Speaker 3: I think he should be tested.
Speaker 2: Tested for what what do you mean for substances? Oh? You think he was high? I mean, yeah, hold on, I gotta admit, but I prepped for this show quite well. I was I was not prepped on the Jackson Deville controversy. I'm gonna have to read more about it. Okay. On the sideline, scantily clad Jacksonville causes social media start during game. This is from news for jacks uh, after the thunderstorms passed through his unseasonably warm Sunday at Tia bank Field. A little too warm for Jaguars mascot Jackson Deville, the mascot known for pushing the boundaries, show multiple times on the broadcast, wearing nothing but his mascot head with a slimmer version of his mascot suit along with a tiny pair of American flag swimming briefs. Jackson's a really became fodder for Twitter users.
Speaker 3: So I totally wasn't thinking about the fact that that's Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's I hold on, is he I need to know? Is he still wearing a suit?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man, it says he is. I do we have By the second half he put his full suit back on. All right, this is not my best showing on Nick Wright Public Defender. Luckily you got me out of having to defend Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: Think he might actually be an actual Jaguars.
Speaker 2: I read this question, and I assumed he was wearing a speedo over the mascot costumes, and I thought it was so dumb that people were upset about it. I'm now seeing this and I've got to say I agree with the people who are angry. I don't want to sound like a Puritan, but this is inappropriate. Like, I can't defend it. I didn't know this happened.
Speaker 3: That's funny. I saw that during the game, but like I, I just didn't think it was listened.
Speaker 2: Being around you know, the prince that was promised can lead into any of us to do crazy things. But this, you know what there it is. I'm back your honor. I played temporary insanity. My client, Jackson Deville, has spent years now around Trevor Lawrence, and he saw the breakout game coming and he was so excited and enthusiastic. He simply was in a rush after the rain delay to get back to the field and he was who can blame him for not one to miss a single throw from the Prince that was promised. He rushed to the field and then realized, oh no, I took my suit off because it got covered in rain. It was all wet and it was drying. And now I'm out here and I don't have a suit, but if I go back, I'm gonna miss a couple possessions. So my client did what any true fan would do, stayed there, watched the prince that was promised, and then at halftime when the game wasn't going on, got fully closed. He just couldn't. He's too big of a fan, and you know what, you want your biggest fan to be your mascot. I feel like he was only doing his job, all right, last one?
Speaker 3: All right? Do you ever put on a hat and it's a bit too tight? Brian Robinson doesn't. After the Commanders win, Washington's rookie rocked his hat in the locker room. Yeah, and so defend your client in his hat okay and his friend's hat business, which I think is pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's very simple. Uh, do you value loyalty and friendship or do you not?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Brian Robin sick. Brian Robinson clearly, Uh has a friend, good friend that said starting a business and could use some help. And he said, I got your buddy. You guys like it's a hat business. He said, no, prim wear hats all the time, He's like, I gotta tell you it's a big hat business like, Okay, how big can it be? And the answer is pretty big? But use a man of his word, Dude, you'd wear that? Can we get those? Do we have do we have the budget?
Speaker 3: Answer?
Speaker 2: Do we have the budget to get? Uh? Look at the look? I like that? Can we get me a Chief's big hat? What do you want? Jags for Prince? That was promised?
Speaker 3: If they don't want a Jags big hat, who would you want?
Speaker 2: Ravens?
Speaker 3: No, Chiefs? Probably the Vikings, the Vikings.
Speaker 2: You're a Vikings fan?
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I just know honestly, like, the Chiefs are my favorite team. But the Vikings have not lost me a bet. Yeah, I've been keeping track of that throughout the season. And I also like their Okay, I don't like the reading. The reading yellow was cool. How about a Celtics one? Oh yeah, you know, all right.
Speaker 2: Blue Duck folks, let's do that episode one hundred bonus for me and Demon's I want the big hat. I want the big hat Chiefs. He canna have the big hat Celtics. I'll wear it. I'll wear it on the TV show, wear it on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Wear it to pianos.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh god, you would too.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 2: That's all right, So why does my client even need defending those after dope? He's a good friend. We answer your questions and talk about your favorite moments the first hundred episodes. Next, What's right? We're in the uber and a lul Wayne song comes on. Because I'd had a few cocktails, I'm like, you know what, I'm a FaceTime Wayne, and I called you, and as soon as ring, I was like, and I hung up, and you called me right.
Speaker 3: Back back, right back. Before a Slovenian basketball game, Luca donci is reportedly drinking soda and smoking a cigarette. Good pregame routine or the best pregame routine.
Speaker 2: SODA's toxic soda is no good for you. Let's put healthier things into our body than cola.
Speaker 3: Wait, are we being serious right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I'm being serious. Put Patrick Mahomes on the field against the best defense in the league. You know what, He turns into a slightly better version of Joe Montana. Pretty bleeping good. I have heard from a lot of people, Nick, you are wrong about Russell Wilson. I am here to tell those people they were correct, I was way too high on him. All I'm saying is I told you so. Someone tweeted to Durant, did you see nick Wright's Club Superstar segment? He had a funny line about Kyrie, and Durant responded and said, I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was trash. Anyone can do Nicky's job.
Speaker 3: The question is, why do you think Haiti is singling you out like that on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Does Katie hate me.
Speaker 3: Or really like him?
Speaker 2: You know, the only common ground they have hating me. That's the only words in Celtics fans have in common, like, Hey, he's a jackass, isn't he? Like? Yeah, we agree on that sucks.
Speaker 3: You know you're saying what cause your mouth? You just talked too much too fast.
Speaker 2: The third greatest player of the last fifty years one Michael Jeffrey Jordan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar. The single greatest player is, of course, Lebron James. Check your Bengo card. It's Lebron.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't even make single game parlays typically forty to one, because Kelsey does. At the end, Oh where in there?
Speaker 3: Joey chest That is one of fourteen of the last fifteen Some say that he's the greatest athlete of all time.
Speaker 2: Defendant, one could argue Ussein Balt, Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan. None of them could have survived, let alone thrived without the one skill my client has mastered, which is Eden. Can I tell the story of when we first met? Okay, do you remember?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: Now to the prince that was promised Trevor Lawrence. I'm done betting on the Jags for at least a month.
Speaker 3: I still want to believe in Trevor. Oh my goodness, I.
Speaker 2: Get an alert about a tweet. Why isn't get Nick right in the newest Star Wars? People believe that that is supposed to be me because it is me? So that's what Dana, What are you pointing at? Zero? Zero?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Zero? The time? Zero? You and I went too long? Okay, all right, we'll be right back. That was great. I really enjoyed.
Speaker 3: That was amazing.
Speaker 2: We're wearing our one hundred episodes glasses. Let's put that on Twitter as well. So we've had everyone on the show except for your sister. Yeah, or I was just yes, I mean, you've had one of your sisters on the show. Diana Diora, though, is going to do the show one of the shows during the alert to you, one of the shows during December. You're gonna be off door is gonna do it during her winter break. Okay, just not trying to bump you off a show, because is going to do it. I tried to tell her she's appined all these colleges, this would be a cool thing to be able to add to the old resume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she wouldn't do it, And.
Speaker 2: Now she's finally agreed to do Itry So is our one hundredth episode. So we have some listener and viewer questions or comments demands. You want to go through them.
Speaker 3: Cook said, number one moment when he had his daughter on Deanna was great. She did a really really good job. Angle the microphone a little more towards your mouth.
Speaker 2: She did a really really good job. And she'll be on again. She's been asking me to come on again. She'll be on again. All right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Jordan Thompson and many others said Demondsey's dinosaur ran right.
Speaker 2: Demonse didn't like that one. Demanse was very mad that that that went out there because Demanse was joking and he was mad people took his total joke seriously, Yeah, you're playing a character. I get it, but you hadn't. Is what I always tell young broadcasters. Young broadcasters to ask me, like what should I do? What should I I'm like, listen, just get reps, start a podcast, so YouTube channel, get reps. And they're like, but ah, but nobody's watching. It's like, that's really good. You don't want people watching or listening in the beginning because you want to figure out who you're going to be. You're gonna be yourself, but what version of yourself? And it is important. Like Demanse at that point was like, am I just gonna do? I just wanna just be the wacky sidekick, funny guy, and then realize shortly thereafter, no god dogging. I want to be taken seriously. I'm a man of opinions and takes, and I can't have it out there that people thought I thought Jesus rode dinosaurs or whatever the hell you said. And so he's like, damn it, that's now out there for the whole world. It'll always be used against me. All right, next, none of you said.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of the podcast is the dynamic between the both of you. I'm going through the process of adopting my son, and it feels like I'm looking at it a head to a future where I roast my grown son.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, that's very interesting because the dynamic between us is great. And you know, listen, the podcast is gonna go through some changes post football because Demons's moving to Los Angeles, so we're gonna figure out, you know, how that's gonna work, what we're gonna do. But the dynamic here is really fun and outstanding, and we've gotten through one hundred of these episodes without it ever really causing a real problem in our relationship. We've had a few tough moments, but nothing no like big blow ups, nothing substantial. But Demonsey and I are also to like I would I think the best part. I think this is the best our relationship's ever been because it always so. When I've been with Danielle for fifteen years, so when DEMONSI was like nine ten years old, is when I first came around. So in the very beginning, obviously, you know, Demonzi had understood skepticism about me, and you know what I mean, what I was going to be about, and then and then I think the skepticism went away, but we didn't have the long history of you know, I wasn't there for your little kid years. We didn't have the long well of memories to draw upon. And then he and I got real close when he started really ascending in basketball and I got really involved in that. But right as we were getting real close through that, I then moved to LA and was going back and forth your senior year, and then when you moved to California, when we all moved to New York. So then we were kind of a part for a few years. And then when we came back together was the time that everybody goes through where they must like kind of rebel against one of their parents. And so Demond's didn't really like was totally understandably. I did the same thing, like kind of in a man, I don't want to I don't want to live the life you you want me to live. I want to live a life I want to live. So you and I were in kind of a tough spot because you were figuring out who you were, what you wanted to do. I, having the advantage of having made all the mistakes, was trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes I made. But that's always a that never works in parenting. Man, you just got to let your kid make the mistakes because it's the only way they like learn from them. Like you can tell them this is going to happen, but all of us when we are on the receiving end, and I'm like, man, this because that happened you doesn't mean it's gonna happen to me. And then once it does happen or something similar, it's like, oh, I guess they were right. And then once you went through that and did that and left on your own and then came back and then we started doing this together, it was kind of we now have fifteen years of time and memories together. Plus you're not that like you're you always have to listen to me or whatever, but you have kind of more of a thought process of My track record on be careful of X, Y and Z is pretty good. And I also stay out of your business more because you're more grown. So like it's a it's a you know, John Lopez was my old radio partner in Houston, told me when Deanna was being born, because you know, I was around when your sister was two turning three, but I had never been around a baby. Uh. And John, who had regrown kids, said, every age is the best age, and I said, what do you mean. He's like, every age is the best age. He's like, it's the best when they're babies, and then it's the best when they're toddlers, he's like, and then it's it's for different reasons. He's like, and it's the best when they're grown too, because you can have a totally new relationship. And that's that's how I feel. So I think I'm glad you asked that, Nanya, and I am glad I was able to Oh. Yeah, Oh, I appreciate that all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Mark Pisa said, favorite moment was love. Oh favorite moment love hearing about your family stories, great content and great labs come out of them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice. I appreciate that. Doora will be great when she's on here because she will roast me in a way that even my wife didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, indeed, I think Diora has the She's probably the most built for this out of all of us so far, given like what it is that her career path is correct.
Speaker 2: She's a performer, and I'm she's I'm gonna post at some point the well, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna post a video of my daughter singing at a musical that it sounds like, Oh God, nobody wants see that. It will blow your mind. It will, it will blow. It blew my mind. I knew she could act, I didn't know she could sing like that. It blew my mind. All right.
Speaker 3: Next the moment, uh no, nor Mariguez said, favorite moment. Moment was Nick's story about when he got twenty five dollars in David Buster books from his old job as a happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Well, I forgot about that. Yeah, that's unbelievable. Appreciate that me. By the way, I'm not gonna name names there, but I would like to just go ahead and check something real quick. That company which still employs a lot of my friends as of right now. Okay, that's good. Stock price for that company is thirty six cents a share. Maybe you should have treated some of your best employees better. That's really not good for me, though, because I own like ten thousand shares of that company thirty six cents, ten thousand shares with thirty six hundred bucks, get out of here. The market gap for that. Oh my god, that's not great.
Speaker 3: All right. Last, Craig Barnett said, favorite moment from the first hundred episodes is quote unquote all cheaked up.
Speaker 2: People really like Demonse. Just moments ago Colin Jackson Deville all cheeked up there it is. What's Right with Nick Wright and Demonse Episode one hundred. We'll be back, we will. You know what, I Am going to be responsible. I'm not spending the extra day in Vegas. Thursday. We'll be back with a live show episode one oh one. Make sure you tell your friends we are. YouTube subscribers are kind of slowing a bit about fourteen k. You fourteen k short of the one hundred k we need for Demanse to get this thousand dollars bonus. So tell your friends do that. We'll see you guys on Thursday. What's Right?
Speaker 3: Two