Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he arm Strong and Getty. I don't feel like people are living what they're telling Polsters do tell so like seventy five percent of people say they're the economic conditions in this country are poor. Yet Mother's Day weekend we spent more money than we've ever spent for Mother's Day weekend. Now you pointed out rightly that well, with inflation, you know, it could have been equal to last year, and it would be more. But if three quarters of people think the economic push is a situation in America is poor and their personal finances are terrible, wouldn't you think he'd go down significantly? Like significantly. Also, I'm hearing that Memorial Day weekend which is coming up, all the experts are predicting the busiest travel weekend in US history.
Speaker 1: He's bit at the gas prices, really, I know, and and airfares are crazy.
Speaker 2: High, right, I know. None of this fits together, which is the point I'm making. And then the Wall Street Journal had a big piece because we set records on all three indexes yesterday or day before with the war going on and people with these attitudes and inflation numbers, I mean, what what is going on? Yeah? Which is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How are you at war?
Speaker 2: With the straight closed and it looking like, boy, it's going to be dicey, And how we get out of this? I don't see how it could be anything other than this attack them again and we're setting stock market records. Yeah. Yeah, if uncertainty is the big you know, driver of people holding.
Speaker 1: Back, Yeah, it's long, complicated answer, involving several factors, but yeah, I think part of it, the most interesting part of it to me is that.
Speaker 2: Wall Street Journal didn't have an answer. By the way, they didn't really have an answer.
Speaker 1: No, how could they. More and more of everybody's perception of the world is non personal. Yeah, it's electronic gets through the internet, through the web, through the media, as opposed to No, I'm doing fine. My neighbors seem to be doing fine. I'm checking in with my family. Yep, they're doing pretty well too. My uncle Johnny just lost his job, but he's smart, he'll get a new one. I mean, everybody's like, oh hear out, I almost ducked in s bomb.
Speaker 2: That would have been funny.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing how poopy it is out there. Yes, my perception is bad, bad, right, So it's a It's not entirely it, of course, because inflation hurts. It's terrible out there.
Speaker 2: Me and the family, we're going to go somewhere for a Memorial Day weekend and stay in a hotel and eat out at restaurants and things that we've always done. But I understand it's really bad for everybody else. Is that what's happening? That's part of it anyway, as all work up to this clip from Trump that they led with on MS and now today and talked about for like a half an hour because they just thought it was so insensitive of Trump to say this.
Speaker 1: And I would agree that if.
Speaker 2: You were really worried about being a good popular politician, you probably wouldn't have phrased it this way. But Trump was asked about high prices in America right now, one.
Speaker 1: Extent our American financial tids makes it motivating you to make it deal, not even a little bit. The only thing that matters is when.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Iran, they can't have a due clear weapon. I don't think about American financial situation. I don't think about anybody. I think about one thing. We cannot let Iran have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: That's all I'll do my ms now impersonation. Well, there you heard it. Donald Trump doesn't care about your financial situation. Here's a panel of seven people who agree with me shaking their heads.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, isn't it. Jim the President of the United States, when gases name the number, doesn't care about your financial situation? How can you be so callous?
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't have phrased it that way as a politician, because you know how it's gonna get used. But it was for the negotiating with Iran. It's trying to make it clear to them that I'm under no pressure. You are not pressuring me. I am not feeling the pressure of this. Dude's right, That's that's what he was saying. It's bad messaging. He handed them a club and they beat him with it. He could have done a lot better than that. But yeah, that's that's clearly what's going on. It's such a terrible way to say it, though he shouldn't have That is the question, though, who's under more financial stress? The leaders of Iran can't say the country of Iran because they don't give a crap if the regular people don't have food or water, electricity or whatever else.
Speaker 1: Again, if I'm going to machine gun you, I certainly don't care whether bread is too expensive for you, right, no kidding.
Speaker 2: But who's under more financial pressure the leaders ship of Iran or you know, the US Congress. And I don't know the answer to that. Nobody does yet. But we mentioned earlier this New York Times piece quoting all kinds of US intelligence officials anonymously. Nobody's on the record. They're saying that Iran's stockpile of missiles and missile launchers and all that sort of stuff is still very robust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of it's intact, which makes you think they're not on the verge of fallen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I take it with a grain of salt because it's the New York Times. But it seems really well researched.
Speaker 2: And as I said earlier, and it's still true three hours later, I haven't seen anybody push back on it real hard. You'd have thought if it was easily debunked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody from the administration would to come out by down and said, that is absolutely not true. I haven't heard that yet. Well, they saw the uh Ar swooping coming apparently, or when it started, they took their their missile systems to ground in a big hurry and hit them, fortified them, whatever part some of their planes in Pakistan. Thanks, I can stand honest, broker of the peace talks. That's so called hilariously non existent peace talks. Yeah, yeah, it's it's far from over. Is it a quagmire?
Speaker 2: G geek? Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 1: I will not use the key word stop it a what a funny name for a cartoon character? Yes, a quag perv yes, yes, oh boy. Meanwhile, Donald Jay's in China having a conference with Old Shijin Ping trying to work out trade issues and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It is notable. Hold on, let me ask Claude stand by, got to ask Claude a question. How old is the dictator of China?
Speaker 1: Okay, go on, I'll have the Xijian Ping is the freely elected president of China.
Speaker 2: Ha Oh, that's funny, Claude said, China doesn't have a dictator in the formal sense. You got they do in the formal sense, you jack ass. He's seventy two. He looks older than that. Trump's gonna be eighty next month. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, So there they are, and it is notable that our rhetoric towards China has softened a great deal. Donald Jay was I loved him being a China Hawk in the first term. He woke up a lot of America to the fact that they're not a friend. They're an adversary. Yeah, we do some trade with them, but they're predatory, they steal everything, they're bent on overthrowing as blah blah blah. Much much more conciliatory these days.
Speaker 2: Interesting, they claimed they elected Stalin in elections and Kim Jong own and don't waste my time.
Speaker 1: Who do you call a dictator?
Speaker 2: Claude? They all pretend they were sata, was it? They all pretend they're elected. So would he would Claude say that about everybody? He wasn't a dictator in the traditional sense.
Speaker 1: Policy is whatever he what's the word, what's the word dictate?
Speaker 2: And if you don't agree him, he has you killed, right, had his dictate?
Speaker 1: He's not a dictator in the formal sense, good lord. So increasingly in China they are referring to the United States in both official and quasie official publications and scholarly papers, and the rest as an empire in decline. They say that under Trump it's validated. She's worldview centered on the rise of the East in the decline of the West. And they used to be kind of envious and admiring of our system and how well it worked, even as they were trying to get communism up and running. But in January, and nationalistic think tank affiliated with the Big University published a triumphant report about Trump's first year back in office. The report argued that his tariff's attacks on allies, anti immigration policies, assaults on the American political establishment had inadvertently strengthened China while weakening the US. It's title, Thank Trump, Trump an accelerator of American political decay, with the US sliding toward polarization, ding institutional dysfunctions, did even Latin American style in stability.
Speaker 2: Well, and you think that's all Trump's fault, though, I think that's a god that's truth mixed in with Trump derangement syndrome. Acting like these the soul perpetrator of our polarization in politics, Give me a break.
Speaker 1: All right, I got to hit you with the less sentence of this, Michael, get the scary sound ready to scary music. At this turning point in history, the authors wrote, what we hear is the heavy and haunting toll of an empire's evening. I don't know anything. It must be a Chinese thing, but it's heavy and haunting. That's the point.
Speaker 2: Relative to the rest of the world, Are we in decline or no?
Speaker 1: Clearly it's a rough patch. Clearly we are, don't you think in decline and relatively the rest of the world world compared to the past fifty years. Oh, how are we not in decline?
Speaker 2: Well, but.
Speaker 1: By that definition, who's not in decline?
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking our ability to influence things all around the world.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, in terms of economic independence, Yeah, we're more you know, on the hook for you know, cooperating with people we don't want to cooperate with, including on critical industries sometimes, which.
Speaker 2: Is has been a mistake.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Ye'd stand tough forever. It's a rough patch, yeah, no doubt, But that's history. I am completely convinced that the unbelievably great post Cold War twenty years of peace and prosperity interrupted maybe by nine to eleven was just so bad.
Speaker 2: For the US in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we have a way of human beings of assuming that what is will always be, even if, like for the rest of history it hasn't been. We think, all right, whoa, we got it licked. It's like when Alan green Span, I'm going deep into the weeds now. But when Alan Greenspan the Chairman of the fedback in the day and else today, we figured out inflation, figured out managing the economy. No more recessions, no more inflation. Everybody that's over. That was crazy, wasn't it, He said with a perfectly straight face.
Speaker 2: I always related to sports dynasties at some point because they all decline at some point, and at some point you kind of come to believe that we're gonna win just because our uniforms we have. We're wearing the Patriots uniforms or the Lakers uniforms or the Bulls uniforms or whoever with.
Speaker 1: The dynasty was.
Speaker 2: But if the players ain't the same, or they're old and slower or whatever, it doesn't matter. Yeah, the uniform didn't win it. So the US is in a rebuilding year.
Speaker 1: That's the way I see it. They'll be fine. Oh, I think it will be fine. I think you know, AI's gonna wipe out the whole world. But yeah, well we'll be as fine as anybody else as the robot wolves come for our throats literally Japanese. I've always said Chinese Japanese robot wolves are selling like hotcakes in Japan. What kind of a I indeed, what kind of F and A? I S what the top of a? Yeah, it's what the f type of AI s E? What ap of a? That's what we're asking. It's on everyone's lips. Okay, more on the way.
Speaker 4: Armstrong, because quite honestly, this is there's not a lot of upside to the so much. It's not like there's going to be a transform transformational breakthrough in US Chinese relations that can't be downside, but there are potential downs For me, it's more success is more the avoidance of downsides. Then it's gonna be Then it's gonna be big upside.
Speaker 2: I think, here you go, that's probably a better way to look at the whole summit between Trump and the dictator.
Speaker 1: She uh just trying to avoid downside.
Speaker 2: So I got an argument with Claude, and I decided to go back to it. I asked, I was wondering how old president she is president? Using my finger quotes, how old is the dictator of China? Claude responded, China doesn't have a dictator in the formal sense, but he is seventy two years old. So I followed up during the commercials was Sadam Musein a dictator?
Speaker 1: Claude said yes.
Speaker 2: Sadam Usein ruled Iraq from seventy nine to two thousand and three, widely classified as dictator blah blah blah, goes through all the different sort of stuff, elections whatnot. I said, well, they pretend to have fair elections, just like they do in China, do they not? And they called both of them president. You're right that both held managed elections and use the title president. The parallel is real on those points. Sadam's election famously returned ninety nine percent percent, the different being the polit burea blah blah blah. And then it goes on to say China is usually classified as a one part of authoritarian state where the Communist Party rules. That was until she changed the rules in twenty twelve, she changed the rules on how the party works and gets to stay president.
Speaker 1: What would you call that? And anybody who shows the slightest doubts of his rule is purged and jailed. Your skepticism in what's the word dictates all policy? Right, It's just.
Speaker 2: Interesting you can get argument in arguments with these chatbots. Yeah, they must be plowing through. Your skepticism about the elections and president titles is well founded. Thank you, Thank you too, kind. I think I won that argument.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, don't don't be all conciliatory. You were wrong and I was right.
Speaker 2: You know. That reminds me.
Speaker 1: It's one of the reasons I didn't get a grad degree is, you know, in political science and law to to some extent, But your professors are arguing about doctrines and definitions and like charts. Well, the real world is going on, right, No, that it's that I don't have any patience for that crap. Let's get out and let's go out and get our knuckles dirty and get our fingerhaels dirty.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: That expression is better than being attacked by a robot dog. By god, your robot wolf even worse. Japanese a robot wolves they're attributing the rise in demand for the wolf shaped robot known as the Monster Wolf, which that doesn't sound good. No, that's that's a good name though for like a metal band, kind of old school, though you'd probably play like a lot of steppen Wolf covers in deep purple. I wear black denim, I'll tell you that. Oh, of course you do. But it's developed by this Japanese machine parts manufacturer, and they've seen a surge in sales amidst amid an increase in bear attacks and sightings in Japan, I mean attacks. If they had I'm sure, buying a robot wolf for the very rare possible of a bear attacking you, Well, they hired a giant turtle monster to fight the giant lizard monster and a Gamera versus Godzilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what time guy, they robot dog get hill?
Speaker 1: Fuck? That's what they're asking in Japan as well. What y'all got that robot dog in here for?
Speaker 2: Can we hear that one more time? Like, what what time guy?
Speaker 1: They robot dog get hill? Fuck?
Speaker 2: She's she's not really uh put off by the fact that she I assume she's probably seen the first robot dog of her life and she acts like the.
Speaker 1: Unique thing is that it's here. Well, she's calling for accountability, certainly, but interestingly enough, the monster Wolf robot is usually used to repel wild animals that can damage agricultural areas, such as boar, deers, bears. But they've tripled the orders and you look at this thing. It looks almost like a cartoon wolf with flaming red eyes and big ears and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But evidently it's pretty effective.
Speaker 1: The beasts see that at the edge of the field and they think, let's just try somebody else's field.
Speaker 2: As it patrols up and up and down.
Speaker 1: I need one of those. Oh yeah, go everywhere with me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nobody'd mess with you.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Mean my robot does he come across somebody with a bigger robot? Wolf Dog talk to Monster Wolf.
Speaker 1: Update on the situation in Marika's university is coming up in a moment's stay.
Speaker 5: With us Armstrong and Getty, and it's just in the Department of Justice is investigating that suspicious trading around the oil market when Trump would make his announcements, So the Trump Justice Department is looking into what the hell's going on there.
Speaker 2: I would think they could nail that down pretty easy. They can figure out who's making those trades, I think. So I don't think can convict anybody, but they could certainly make an uncomfortable media story.
Speaker 1: For a lot of people. In the words of Bob Dylan, I can't help it if I'm lucky. So this is not a campus madness update. It is just kind of a digestive stories about education and more on college than through twelve. But Jason Riley, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant editorialist with Wall Street Journal, writing about what a great issue school choice is for Republicans, and he goes into the Trump tax credit thing to provide credits if you donate the money to nonprofit organizations, the grant scholarships. If you know about how this works, you know. If you don't, it take too long to explain. But it doesn't spend any state money, and it's an opt in program though, and all the Republican governors have said, yeah, this sounds like a wonderful idea, and most Democratic governors are holding off out of deference to the teachers' unions who are saying, no, don't do this, even though it doesn't take any money. Away from any state money, away from schools, from government schools. But Kathy Hochl in New York has joined Jared Paulis Paulus Poulis in Colorado. No Conservatives they to opt into the program because it's just it's irresistible. And he's talking about the polling, and yeah, school choice pulls so well. One of the reasons I get so frustrated with Trump and his sloppy, sloppy messaging is that it's a one in ten to hold on to the House after a president of one party gets selected.
Speaker 2: Would you say it roughly one in ten chance or done that very often? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I feel like this is the one in ten, But I don't know. They keep stepping on their own tie, if you will. How about this one Princeton which is allegedly the number one university in the United States alone. Who gives a crap, it's changing It's one hundred and thirty three year old honor code over AI cheating fears. The faculty is voted to require proctering in all in person exams starting this summer, reversing a policy set in place in eighteen ninety three. What's proctering students pledge I will not cheat. If I do heave my ass out of the university. It's a code of honor. But on Monday the faculty voted, yeah, nobody's got an the honor. Everybody's cheating anymore. So proctering is essentially supervisors guards.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm dealing with this with my kids. It's where using AI, if you're writing a paper or something like that, where it crosses into cheating is not as easy as you think, right, And you know, you start asking it some questions and it's it's got a couple of sentences there about the topic.
Speaker 1: You just ask about it.
Speaker 2: And so I'm supposed to not use that fantastic sentence right there with that information, Okay, I won't. All I switched those two words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I changed two words, am I still cheating or you? And what if I'm in a class that I suck at. I've tried and I've tried. It's like I remember trigonometry and I tried calculus for like six weeks in college. I just my brain doesn't work that way, but I need it to pass so I can just fulfill that requirement and get back to studying that which I'm passionate about right. I can easily see somebody rationalizing that they might be wrong, because Jack, when you cheat, you know who you're cheating.
Speaker 2: Would you like me to tell you?
Speaker 1: I'm ready to tell you you're cheating yourself?
Speaker 2: And then what about the idea that you know, the people that succeed are going to be the people that know how to use AI? May maybe being able to ask a couple of AI chatbots questions, phrase different ways and pick out which ones are the best versions of what they gave you to craft the paper?
Speaker 1: Is the skill you need for the future? That's research. Yeah. In a survey of over five hundred seniors, thirty percent reported that they personally had cheated on an assignment or exam. You know the number is going to be higher in that. I don't know about you. I'm skeptical about every survey I take where I'm asked to confess to sins, like how does this software exactly? That they can't tie it back to me.
Speaker 2: I am not a cheater, and like I never looked at anybody's paper in school or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I would never do that.
Speaker 2: Or sometimes answers to tests would be floating around and I never engaged in that. But I think I absolutely would have used AI to help me write papers, and I would have justified it in my own mind. This is not cheating right right.
Speaker 1: Interestingly enough, in that same poll, nearly half reported personal knowledge knowledge of an Honor Code violation, but less than one percent had ever made a report. All right, good news. I love this, love this, love this. I'm so excited about it. Do you remember we told you about this? When did this start? A couple of years ago the university? Ever have people cheat off of you?
Speaker 2: Yes? I had that all the time, and saw I hated it. I just let them. I just was like, you know what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Lean over? My answers were, yeah, I probably should have done that. I didn't like it. I resented it. I didn't like it because I thought I'm going to get an trouble somehow. But yeah, I just thought, I've busted my ass. Why are you glombing off of my work?
Speaker 2: You know what? I didn't realize Jack, they were only cheating themselves.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So for me, it was always if she was cute or not, oh well, oh please. If a haughty had said, hey, do you mind if I take a look at that. Oh, please to hang on to it if you need to. Sure, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: That did happen to me one time in high school. The super dute cheerleader that every guy had a cruch on. He was like, oh, you're so sweet if you would love this. And I remember thinking, even as a very unwise, very naive whatever, I was sixteen year old, thinking, I have a feeling that as soon as this class is over, it's being nice to me.
Speaker 1: There you go, you are becoming a man jack the judgment of them in Okay, So we told you about this when it started. The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, the big UNC with the blue and Michael Jordan and everything.
Speaker 2: Pretty damned woke in a purple state.
Speaker 1: Well, the board of trustees, supported by the state legislature, started the uncch School of Civic Life, Life and Leadership, an independent like college within the university that was all about well, all about traditional Western civ political science, Civics education, a regular education as opposed to an indoctrination. And it's been a smashing success. The kids are signing up for it in droves. It's expanding like crazy. They're developing a major, a master's program, and a PhD program on American political thought in constitutionalism, to supplement the growing work with undergrads. The number of students declaring a minor in that college increased ninety in the second semester this year.
Speaker 2: It is exploding.
Speaker 1: Here's an embittering note to remind you of the sort of fight we're in the faculty. Something like ninety percent of the faculty when this thing launched signed petitions opposing it.
Speaker 2: The whole thing K through graduate school is so messed up. Oh, I just don't disease my hope that we can break out of it is certainly going to be a slow process if we even can. Like, we got a clip, we haven't played it of some rich guy gave a commencement speech at a university of the day and did that thing happens every year where some rich guy does this, announces I'm.
Speaker 1: Paying all of your student debt.
Speaker 2: And everybody goes crazy. And I used to think, oh that's nice. Now I think crap another bailing out of the.
Speaker 1: Force the wedge of this. How stump this is right? All you did is extend how much longer this crap can last? A way overcharge for these useless degrees and you bailed it out.
Speaker 2: The only leverage to get value. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the civics movement in higher education is growing across the country, not fast enough, but let's be positive, with more than forty five centers at forty one institutions in twenty five states according to the report by the Heterodox Academy, that are great their heroes. Civic centers are thriving at the University of Florida, University of Texas, at Austin, Arizona State, Ohio State, among others. Just absolutely fabulous. But it was just universally despised by the faculty at UNC when it got started. Anybody daring to break three free of the indoctrination. Final note, and we don't really have time for this, I'll give you the very brief version.
Speaker 2: Four years ago, Havid.
Speaker 1: Committed one hundred million dollars to study how to compensate and then compensate descendants of people enslaved reparations who had any relationship to Harvard University. Because if you're not familiar with this, in the north to the northeast, there were corporations and companies that profited from slavery as much as the actual slaveholders in the South, and quite a few of them were associated with Harvard University.
Speaker 2: But so the committee.
Speaker 1: Ultimately pay produced one hundred and thirty four page report confirming that people connected with Harvard had advanced so called race science, including eugenics, to justify the slave trade.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The report called on the school to take responsibility for its past blah blah blah. So they established what they called the Harvard and the Legacy of Slavery Initiative, which aimed to and I quote, remedy harms to descendants, to our community in the nation, and to campus life and learning. It committed an extraordinary one hundred million dollars to the initiative, had waste of time and money, and promoted a professor of public health policy for a special project to shepherd the effort. What followed, and I'm quoting the Free Press, was a cascade of institutional embarrassments, high profile resignations, the dismissal of an entire research team, a string of hr complaints, and a rebuke from Antigua's ambassador to the United States. And so far, at least it's signature effort to find to send in some people Harvard enslaved and didn't do something for them, presumably financially, has failed miserably. In fact, they've said essentially, you know, you can't really implement reparations. Doesn't work, it's too complicated.
Speaker 2: Couple hundred years later, yeah, for people that, whatever their situations, got nothing to do with that. And you got black kids coming from Nigeria wherever they come from, who get straight a's and and showing that the family culture of caring about education is what matters, not whether or not fifteen generations ago there were slaves in your family.
Speaker 1: And I thought, I retweeted this, gosh, dang it, where did it go? There was another organization that appointed this woman to be the head of the reparations committee. Turns out her family back in the slave trade days in Nigeria were giant slave traders and became very very wealthy trading human beings, and this chick's in charge of pursuing justice. It's absolutely hilarious. I hope they feel good about themselves. I guess that's the goal.
Speaker 2: That really is the goal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, that sort of stuff I find demoralizing. Well, although I think overall, you got the growth of the unc style civics thing. That's awesome, and Harvard saying, hey, that didn't work. Now, like the San Franciscos and Gavin Newsom's of the world, will never admit that this happened because they don't actually want reparations. They just want the money to flow through them so they can give it to their cronies. But it's encouraging that Harvard said, yeah, yeah, that was stupid.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we will lighten it up and finish strong next Armstrong. A group of.
Speaker 6: Middle school students in Mississippi kept their bus from crashing after the driver passed out behind the wheel. The town says the kids are heroes who acted quickly, while the bus driver says, the kids robbed me of the death.
Speaker 1: I have long begged for it. Oh, darkly hilarious. You all right, speaking of kids, it would be wrong for us to announce anything that's not ours to announce. But if anybody's wondering about our beloved Katie, everything's great and more more to come on that topic. We were discussing yesterday, Jack, you brought up how men's brains change when they become dads. Yeah, and one of our beloved listeners and women. Yeah. Oh yeah, yeah. Yeah. One of our beloved listeners went to the trouble of actually, you know, chat gpting it or something, and I found this interesting. Yes, indeed, men's brains and bodies undergo significant hormonal and structural changes often called dad brain, during their partner's pregnancy and after the baby is born. These changes facilitate bonding and caregiving, featuring decreased testosterone and increased feel good hormones like oxytocin, alongside structural brain remodeling similar to neuroplasticity. So the structure of your brain actually changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For I don't know why they don't talk about this more often.
Speaker 2: It seems like it would be good news to people if they're you know, looking at people with kids and thinking, God, I don't know, could I do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because your brain changes, yeah, and nature kicks in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So there is a lowering of testosterone, which researchers believe pivots them the men from mating behavior to nurturing behavior. That's good. Well, with a newborn baby in the house, there ain't gonna be any mating behavior unless you stray, so that's just fine. Increased oxytocin and prolactin you the bonding hormone and proact and increase, aiding insensitivity to the baby's cries and promoting interaction. Stress hormone shifts changes in you'll never remember this, so I won't bother more. Hormones related distress are often observed helping men adapt to the demands of a newborn.
Speaker 2: Yeah so the whole Uh Like I noticed this whenever there's a crying kid. Remember that story I told about being at that restaurant that kid was screaming, making that amazing sound I wanted to I thought they ought to be in a circuits the slide whistle sound. But I feel like people who haven't raised babies are way more bothered by a kid crying, a kid crying on a plane whatever set them next to me. I don't care. Oh no, I don't care.
Speaker 1: But if you've been through that, it doesn't bother you, right, I just think it all as poor parents.
Speaker 2: I hope they're not self conscious, yeah, or I.
Speaker 1: Hope the kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so maybe is that because of the change in the brain you just said or whatever? But yeah, so similar to mother's new fathers exhibit reduced gray matter and regions associated with social cognition, and increased activity in regions linked to attachment and empathy. Changes help men help men and develop empathy and patients, enabling them to connect with and respond to the nonverbal infant, et cetera, et cetera. Oh, what's really interesting about this is in women, pregnancy triggers those changes automatically.
Speaker 1: They've figured out men's brains change. The more you interact with the baby, the more they change, which is interesting. Do you know about kuvad syndrome, Jack?
Speaker 2: No, some men even experien when you like to have sex with dead people. Oh boy, it's very different.
Speaker 1: Some men even experienced sympathetic pregnancy symptoms such as weight gain or fatigue alongside their partner. WHOA, Yes, I've kind of heard people joke about that. I didn't know it was an actual thing, though.
Speaker 2: Wow, you gain weight alongside your partner.
Speaker 1: When the baby?
Speaker 2: Gun boy?
Speaker 1: Did I gain weight when we had our first kid? I didn't attribute it to that. Interesting?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm way out son.
Speaker 2: Brief.
Speaker 1: All right, here's your host for final thoughts, Joel Getty. Let's get a final thought from all the ogeez huh. Let's begin with Mike Langelow in the control room.
Speaker 7: Michael, I guess the President Trump and the President of China, there's been like a delay. Apparently they got on TikTok and they're hooked. He had never seen TikTok before. And backyard wrestling and boating mishaps is what they're watching right now.
Speaker 2: Can't stop scrolling. Yeah, it happens to us and to us all.
Speaker 1: Jack A final thought for us, I thank you guys. Convinced by our agent yesterday.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll talk about it more tomorrow that we ought to be on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've got to look into that. We've never had TikTok on my phone. I've an anti it, but maybe it's just ignoring a giant chunk of the entertainment world. As long as I don't have to look at it. I know me.
Speaker 1: I'm easily led. I'm not strong enough to resist its wiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I worry about that too. I don't need another thing to waste time on. I guess my final thought.
Speaker 1: Is, gosh, I gotta be careful with that one. I'm gonna be off tomorrow. I will explain why during what will be a fascinating and humiliating and pathetic. Armstrong and Getty one more thing, which we will record in moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't get the if you don't hear that, or didn't even know what existed, look for wherever you find the podcast. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people think, so little time. Go to Armstrong geedtdy dot com. If you see something we.
Speaker 1: Ought to be talking about, send it along mail bag at armstrong in Giddy dot com. Pickups main g swag for your favorite AY and G fan.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's you.
Speaker 1: Enforced dot law t shirts a very popular. They helped to keep the whole crew on the payroll. We will see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 1: I think it takes two to tango. I think your star spangled balls so good, So let's go. And According to JD power, drivers are underwhelmed by gesture controls, where one can say, increase the volume by rotating an imaginary knob in the air. You're an imaginary noob.
Speaker 2: Wow ar. I'm Strong and Getty.