Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Who's scoring big this NBA season?
Speaker 3: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action that Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. From monster Slams to dish in the Rock to cleaning the glass, get behind your favorite player and prop bets you can make Undraftkings home of the NBA player props. Ready to place your first bet? Try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your pick first time. Here's something special for you. New Draft King customers can bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Instantly take it to the rack with Draft Kings Sportsbook Every point Counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves that's colled money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Scammeling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Boostmobile is now legit nationwide five G network. So I have to take a break from all the jokes here for just a second and put my serious boards on, because I would never ever joke about a five G network that has invested billions in building five G towers across the country, not even once, not even if mister Boostmobile himself asked me to. There's nothing funny about it. Boozmobile is now legit nationwide five G network and also provide coverage across ninety nine percent of America. Seriously visit boostmobile dot com or your nearest boost Mobile store location to learn more. Boost Mobile network, together with our roaming partners, covers ninety nine percent of the US population. Five G speed not available in all areas. It just goes to show you, can you imagine if Lebron, because Luca is really the only guy that Lebron is truly trusted to have the ball exclusively in his hands. Yes, sir, Now we go back and says, you know what if Lebron had somebody he trusted and he didn't have to have the rock in his hand, and he can do what he doing now, spot up. He can get to the high he can get to the high point, the high picket roll, or he could whatever. He can slash, he can cut. You see what he's doing at forty Yeah, So imagine Lebron at twenty five and thirty and he has a Luca that he doesn't have to worry about setting him up, he doesn't have to worry about.
Speaker 2: Running the offense.
Speaker 3: Luca can do everything that Lebron does and Lebron gets to focus on just this. Yes, yes, what do you think his numbers would have been. So now he doesn't have to worry about facilitating. Now his assist total might be a little lower because you're not gonna have the ball in his hand. Primarily that's gonna go to Luca, right, But you see scoring and the percentage in which he's shooting. Go back and looking since Luca's arrived. Look at his three point field goal percentage. Look at his field goal percentage, Look at his point total.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Everything has increased because you know what, a lot has been taken off if it's played Ojo. He doesn't have to worry about facilitating for everybody. He doesn't have to worry about all that other stuff. He can just say, Luka, you have that, Let me lay, let me get like three runouts of game. Let me give a couple of dive to the baskets. I hit a threes hell that damn near twenty right there. But it's it's been unbelievable to watch. Yeah, And like I said, I'm old enough to remember a lot of the great players. I saw magic, never saw I saw magic in person one. But most of the time I mean to see bird and magic and a cheam and all these great players. And now the steph curves, the kd's and all that stuff. To see these guys play Lebron Kobe shat. I don't think we're gonna see somebody else get fifty thousand on Jo, I really don't on your Hair's what we're saying. We're under the assumption, huh, we're under the assumption that he stops playing. Who's to say this thing is not gonna be fifty two fifty three thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can keep going, especially with Luke add to him. Now, you know, Luca could take it, take all the problem.
Speaker 3: He could easily play another two three Oh yeah, he could easily play another two to three years. The question is he says keeping his mind are because he's been so to that routine. And I don't believe Savannah is putting the pressure on him, like hey baby, you need to come home.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's like no, because you're like, hey, bro, I know what you like when you when you home, he will be moody as hell. So I can see Lebron legitimately, Oh Joe, I could see him playing another two to three years. And I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen, but at the level that he's playing at, he's playing the extremely high level. It's great to see O Joe, Kevin Durant and Coach Budd got into it last night. Check this interaction out O Joe during the time early in the game, Coach Budden holds A grabbed Kd's arm in an apparent attempt to pull him in for a conversation, but KD pulled his arm away. Then they engaged in a brief animated conversation before party Ways. Kat spoke about it after the game. Let's take a listen to what Katie had to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 6: Usually happens when you don't know the dynamics of the relationship. You know, you catch something on TV, you get a quote, and now you pushing that narrative as if me and Bud don't do that shit all the time. Were competitive as two individuals who want to see things done the right way, and sometimes my way ain't the way that Bud want to do it, and vice versa. And he allows me as a player on the team, a veteran on the team, and voice my opinion. If we both didn't care, we would never have stuff like that. You know what I'm saying. So I'm glad that the win is gonna sweep all of that stupid stuff under the rug because they couldn't People couldn't wait, even some people in Phoenix in here couldn't wait to run with that, you know. And so this is the reason why the team ain't playing well because.
Speaker 2: That specific thing.
Speaker 6: But come on, man, that shows that me and Bud really care about trying to write this shit and trying to win basketball games. So he understands where I'm coming from. I understand exactly where he's coming from. It's just people on the outside don't know the dynamics of the relationship. So you know, in order for them to get some attention, they gonna run with stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You heard it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, Hey, sometimes I see things one way, but don't see it that way. Sometimes Buzz see things one way, I don't see it that way. We had the difference of a great We had a different of opinions, and hey, he cares.
Speaker 2: I care.
Speaker 3: We're trying to get this ship righted, and and he's right. I mean, look, that make it seem like that's never happened before. I've seen coaching the players, they shove each other and all curse, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: You get two animated, testosterone driven men that I believe what I'm saying is right. He believes what he's saying is right. Two people can't maybe hey, two things can be true. Maybe you're right, maybe he's right, But at that point in time, we don't see it that way. I want you to see my point of view, a bro, I need you to see my point of view. But I don't know what happened. But I know Kde went crazy in the fourth quarter and they was down twenty three and they won the game.
Speaker 2: That's what I do know.
Speaker 1: Listen, the funny thing about it with the Suns. Listen, when you're losing, everything is magnified. When you're losing the way they are, even though they won that specific game, everything is magnified.
Speaker 7: Unless you've played organized sports.
Speaker 1: In a structured environment, you'll never understand that dynamic. You'll never understand it that goes on all the time, especially when it comes to a player of that magnitude. That's great, and you have a coach, and a coach wants to see you do your best, or if you're not playing to your full potential, they gonna get on.
Speaker 2: You just like that.
Speaker 1: That happened not just at the elite level with NBA players, NFL players.
Speaker 7: It starts even when you're young.
Speaker 1: The problem that you gotta worry about is when you have a coach that cares about you and he stops talking to you and he doesn't try to correct you. He said, he's not on your head and trying to get you to do things the right way. That means he doesn't care. So what I see as a former athlete, stuff like that happen. It resonates with me because I've been in that situation before with Hugh Jackson getting on me on the sideline.
Speaker 7: Of course, because I'm trying my hardest.
Speaker 5: Hey, I fire back, you know talk.
Speaker 7: I talked back a little bit, but you know you man, you will grab me by the neck. Man, don't play me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to day you from Carton.
Speaker 7: Hey, you don't play You know you are damn food.
Speaker 2: You good people, but you good people.
Speaker 5: I like you.
Speaker 2: But you know what, You're right. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: With a lot of times, like you know, in the heat of the battle, you forget. Yeah, man, man, I shouldn't do this front of all these people because there's seventy eighty thousand people watching, and there's cameras everywhere.
Speaker 7: You forget, sometime you do.
Speaker 3: Forget, you absolutely forget. I always tried to be mindful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's get this behind closed door. I'm just gonna give you a look.
Speaker 1: You mean, like that look you gave me and you thought I was late on first day?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, now that was that?
Speaker 3: Would like like coaches like, hey, bro, look here, I won't allow you to say anything to me. Mary Porter didn't say the port ain't never called me no more folk. She ain't never called me no s O B. So now if you think you can call me that, now you know what, I'm gonna take the uniform off. I'm gonna whoop your ass because I know I ain't gonna be here. But all that, all that, all that stupid, you know what. I don't play that mm hmm, now give me that because uh nah, I don't don't. I don't play like that. Don't yo, I don't. So we had, ay, we just had. I had a great understanding. Hey bro, don't hey come on, now, I ain't your kid. I got kids. You got kids. I got kids. You just can't talk to me any kind of way. Trust me, tell me what I did wrong. I'm not gonna make that same mistake twice. But you're not finna call me dumb. You know you stupid? Nah Na, I can't get that like that.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't fitna hold you. You always talk about sensity of all you want to, But I'm big.
Speaker 2: I'm huge. Respect.
Speaker 3: Respect, Yeah, I give it to everybody I give. I believe every man or woman deserves a certain level of respect. Now, when that level of respect dissipates, it's best that you and I go our separate ways.
Speaker 2: That's okay, we.
Speaker 3: Don't look we and then sometimes on shoe like were you on a team, you ain't gonna get along with everybody?
Speaker 2: Hey, you do your thing. I'm gonna do my thing on this beer what what? Hey? When the whistle blow is tring to go out certain ways? Yeah?
Speaker 3: In the locker room, aid, like I don't even know you there, it is there, it is there, It is all this man. You bro, he was a teammate. You not you not buddy buddy with everybody that's on your team. You buddy buddy with everybody in your work office. Y'all go out to lunch and do happy y'all go to each other's crib though.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Some guys are close like that, Oh Joe, they are some guys not. This ain't college. Well you see it. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna pass the guy in the hallway and going to class or he might be in the same class.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: A lot of these guys they got families, they got kids, and y'all. You know, we were on different wavelengths, and that's okay. We're just trying to do the same when we at work. Hopefully we got the same goal, Ojo, to try to win as many game as we possibly can once.
Speaker 7: You go home, done deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not making too I'm not making too much out of it. What the KDE interaction has happened? Like I said, I've seen coaches, hey, coaching and players. Man, I see the our of college.
Speaker 2: I seen the.
Speaker 3: Basketball player beat the basketball coach. So now we had to go pull him up off it. I Oh, Joe, when I say he beat him down, Oh yo, when I say he beat him.
Speaker 7: Down, right, he must have said something slicker.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he said.
Speaker 3: And because I you know, I'm hey, you know, I'm looking at the bathroom whether I see him argue, right, because I ain't never seen the look. Oh t I've seen players and coaches argue in that setting on the football field, on the basket Okay, that's one thing, but bro, we're not We're not in that environment. We're not on the football field, we're not on the basketball court. And you you argue with me like we just two ninjas in the street. So I'm like, what damn I said? Man, let me go on down there for something.
Speaker 2: Pop off? So I go down there.
Speaker 3: I'm just you know, I'm I ain't got nothing to do with me, So I really shouldn't be the next thing.
Speaker 2: I know, whoa who what wh.
Speaker 3: W Oh Joe, Okay, you probably asked for it, because first of all, you don't live on campus. For you to bring your ass back on campus after practice is over to come back up here in front of this man.
Speaker 2: You probably was getting what you deserved.
Speaker 3: Where I end up being when he started kicking and putting feet on him, get him.
Speaker 2: I had to get it. I had to get him up off here.
Speaker 3: And they're like brow look, coach, go ahead on now, cause if I turned this man loose after I done.
Speaker 2: Got him apopia, that's on you.
Speaker 3: That's on you now. He said, hey, I call mother said hey, man, man, get get coach up out of here. Oh Joe, when I say he whipped it?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: So if that was a coach, that the player was part of the team, yes, hold on?
Speaker 7: Was a player allowed to remain on the team after that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Play.
Speaker 3: I think he ended up. I think he ended up leaving on his own, but he didn't kick him off. If I'm not mistaken, I think it what the coach fought.
Speaker 7: Okay, so he must have been a star player.
Speaker 2: He was, he was the start player. But he was a good player. He was a decent player.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But my thing is, if I'm a coach, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you let a puppy licky in the mouth, you better be careful because you're gonna grow up to be.
Speaker 2: A dog and he'll bite you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, boy, that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Now, bro, what right you know?
Speaker 7: I don't I don't go nowhere without it, now, Yeah, if.
Speaker 3: You let let a puppy licky in the mouth. He'll grow up and bite you when he become a dog. See, if you put yourself on that level. See, the problem that the coach had is that he put himself on that level to be with the player. So the player no longer looked at him as the coach. He looked at him as like a like another.
Speaker 7: Player, let a puppy licky in the mouth.
Speaker 3: And so that's why that's O joe. That's why with kids you stay up here, O joe. You don't say, oh, that's my friend. Oh that's my best friend. Me and my daughter, me and my son. We like free we like best friends. Ain't no we not no, no, no, we're not. I tell your ass up, Jennie Bus says. Anthony Davis wasn't happy. We have we we have lost the last three years in a row to the Dener Nuggets in the playoffs and we really didn't have anything that was going to look different going into the playoffs again. Anthony Davis was complaining about where he's being played and he wasn't happy. So I think this was a positive for both teams. They got what they were looking for and we got what we were looking for, o Jo, do you believe that was fair for Jeanie to say.
Speaker 7: I mean no, I mean well kind of kind of to give him a reason.
Speaker 2: Remember, so you like, you like for people to be honest, you like for people.
Speaker 1: I like for him to be honest, and that that was very transparent. That is why, that's why this deal was made. Listen, eighty eighty wasn't happy. Obviously, he didn't show any type of emotion. He didn't he didn't show that any signs of him being unhappy, especially on the courting when I didn did what he was supposed to do. But if you if you're not happy and you keep thinking behind closed doors internally, this is what you get.
Speaker 7: They'd give you your wish. Now you got your wish.
Speaker 1: Just so happened that Luca became available and it worked in the Lakers favor. Okay, you're not happy, we're gonna do your We're gonna we're gonna do your solid young boy, we're gonna see you over the Dallas and Lucas gonna come over here, and both parties are happy.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's happy now. Well, I mean, I mean outside outside of being injured outside of being injured.
Speaker 3: Me and I'm to be like AD, wasn't asking you to go get in Joel and be then Kola Jokic, Yes, just give him an able bodied person so he can slide to the four a little bit, and then the last five minutes of the game, I'll play the five. Okay, best years he had it with Boogie Boogey was at the five, AD was at the four. If you go back and look at JaVale McGee at the five, Dwight Howard at the.
Speaker 2: Five, a D at the four.
Speaker 3: But when it came down the crunch time at AD slid to the five, and a lot of times Lebron was the four man, but he played the point that was okay, But here here's the kicker, o Joe. In order for this deal to get consummated, a D had to waiver. It's no trade clause. Yea, yeah, everything, she's everything Jeanie Buss said. Could be true, yes, sir, but considering the man could have held this thing up and Nico probably takes this deal to somebody else, just keep that behind closed doors.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, well listen, at this point, this is good.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we get more owners being transparent and being honest and coming out and say, well, this individual wasn't happy, so we granted them exactly what they wanted and ain't nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: It probably would.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me now, it's hard for me to see a scenario, oh show where this wasn't conveyed to them at some point in time, in the process, ahead of time. Yes, I'm gonna come. When he was at the Pelicans, yes for sure. Okay, okay, sure cause if you go back, if you go back and look at it, they had the JaVale McGee and Dwight Howard, right AD's first year there, they won the championship, and you blow that up?
Speaker 2: Why why would you not? And I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, I don't think a d was asking for a I need a top five center. He just weeds somebody that could eat up the minutes so he doesn't wear himself down trying to bang with yoke, trying to bang with him, be trying to bang with those big bodies. Let those guys now the last five minutes I got you. Don't even worry about it. I got you the last five Let me add it. I don't really think. I don't really think that's a bad thing to say. Yeah, he said it on several occasions. His last interview was I don't know if it was Dave Mcmanhamon or Sham's, but he said, you know, hey, I would like to have a five.
Speaker 2: I think that's all we missing.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 2: Let me slide to four the last five minutes of the game. I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think the thing is for me me personally. Like I said, Hey, everybody's entirely toward their opinion. I think with ad Be and as class as he was, because he could have held it up and said, now I ain't waving my trade clause I came to La. I'm gonna stay in La and then now Luca's maybe somewhere, so the trade doesn't happen. Now you get a bona fide superstar for the next ten years in Luca. So, like I said, I just some situations.
Speaker 2: O cho it is okay. It is okay for you to just sit on the truth. It doesn't hurt anybody if she keeps this, O Joe, Is anybody harmed if she keeps this?
Speaker 3: Because what the way she says that, it makes it seem like well, we were kind of looking to trade ad because he was starting to complain and it became started to become an issue.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just think a situation like that, just sit on that information, you know it, and that's a that's how you feel. Got no problem with that. But it's okay if everything is not is not brought up, everything is not mentioned because Ad a D's played well, yeah he's been he nicked a couple of times. I mean, but and uh, it ain't no harm and losing to you talk about one of the great players. We're gonna it's gonna all see what it's all said done. We'll see where NICOLEA. Yoki is rank. But y'all make it seem who the hell y'all think with? I mean, the Lakers put put somebody out every year. The Celtics were putting people out every year. Jordan was putting people every year. When it's all said and done, Yoki's gonna be gonna be up there. He has three MVPs in a four years. Fan He's probably gonna finish second this year. Who's to say he doesn't win another one or another two, or wins another championship. So losing to nicolea Jokic as bad. That's like Toronto said, man, every year, man, we lost to Lebron. Really, now, what y'all feel bad about losing to Lebron?
Speaker 2: Every year?
Speaker 3: A lot of people lost to Lebron or losing the step or losing to one of these other great players over a stending period of time.
Speaker 2: There is nothing wrong with that. Oh yo.
Speaker 3: Kyrie was helped to the locker room after the parent leg injury. He stayed in the game and drained two free throws before leaving the court. With Kyrie, the question is, oh, Joe, you wanna put that, uh the Mavericks game up. Kyrie playing this kind of and he has to ads out and you traded and you traded Luca, so now and you out lively and you're without Daniel Gafford. So he's having a long minute try to keep them afloat until a d comes back. But you're putting a lot of You're putting a lot of He's got to do an awful lot. He's got to facilitate, he's got to score. That's that's that's a lot.
Speaker 5: But listen, when when you think about what he has to do with a d being out.
Speaker 1: A player like Kyrie, of his shooting, of his caliber, that can that can run the offing, that can set things up, that can facilitate, that can get hot on any night, especially when he has to score, when the onus is on.
Speaker 5: Him to to lead the way. Kyrie can do that. So when you say it's a lot, it's a lot to ask of him to do. And he's the type of player.
Speaker 1: He's one of the ones that left Cleveland because he wanted to get the head dog right right, So this is your chance, this is the chance.
Speaker 3: But he's trying to out it's a lot more you want. It's a lot more going into it, jo Jo. Is a lot more going into it than being the lead dog. Now, yeah, you're gonna score a bunch of points, but at the end of the day, people are gonna be looking at you, like, bro, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What about that team?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's averaging the third most minutes per game in his career, and he's doing it as he's starting to get older. Normally the minutes decrease you play. If you go back to look at Kobe, you look at Lebron, and you look at Jordan, they're playing thirty nine forty I think one year Lebron played forty two minutes a night. Jordan was up there, Kobe was up there. But as you start getting thirty, now you start coming back, whoa, whoa, I need to be round somewhere between thirty five and thirty seven. What's the averaging now? He might be averaging thirty five, thirty seven, thirty minutes, thirty seven, thirty seven, thirty thirty six.
Speaker 2: For that's a lot of minutes.
Speaker 3: And it's because the thing there's a difference between playing thirty six minutes and you got Luke running shotgun with you playing thirty six minutes, and you got a D thirty six minutes, and you got KD Harden thirty six minutes, and you got Lebron cause you could be out there on the court for thirty six minutes and you can coast. KD gonna get buckets, Harden gonna get me buckets. Luca, who will get me buckets? Lebron, ad.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: When you out there with you, you got the work. You know sometimes don't you know? You show up at the job. Hey, you just show up, You just there. I ain't doing no work. Today, I'm talking to everybody case, Hey, I know everybody else gonna do that job.
Speaker 2: It ain't like that. Right now.
Speaker 3: We got Ria Dallas, uh, and they're trying to do everything they can to kind of stay in the sixth spot, don't have to do the play in.
Speaker 7: UH.
Speaker 2: They avoid to play. You know, if you're in the sixth spot, you avoid the play in. UH.
Speaker 3: And so they hopefully, I'm sure they're hoping they can get ad back at some point in time, probably having reevaluated in the next seven to ten days, and see where that goes. But uh, I wish Kyrie speedy recovery. Hopefully is nothing serious.
Speaker 1: Was it was?
Speaker 5: Did he hyper extended or did he step on somebody's foot and twist his ankle? Which which one was?
Speaker 1: Even yeah, even I mean even even on the replay, I still couldn't tell.
Speaker 5: No, it couldn't happen. But he couldn't.
Speaker 1: You couldn't put it. He couldn't put any weight on that foot. It was his right foot to you know, to be exact, I'm thinking that with him happen the way they helped him off the court, it wasn't a hyper extension.
Speaker 5: I think he twisted his ankle a little bit. And I'm not even gonna talk about my role.
Speaker 3: He stepped on the guy's ankle in his knee kind of bucket a little bit. Uh, that's valentiunis I think. And when that Valentinis he stepped on, Yeah, he stepped he stepped on it. He stepped on his foot.
Speaker 5: And he Hey, that that's one I know. I mean, you're a hooper. You're a hooper when you step on.
Speaker 1: Somebody's ankle and your eyes are looking up, so you're not you're not you're not ready for it. And the foot is already relaxed too, so you're getting all that man.
Speaker 5: Who that's the feeling.
Speaker 3: But hopefully there's nothing major. Hopefully it's just a little, a simple, little tweak. A couple of days rad some ice and Kyrie will be able to come back, because without Kyrie, they're thirty two and thirty right now, where they now, they're tenth. They're in the tenth spot. That's the play, that's the last spot for the play in. Yeah, it's not looking good, which will be even worse for Nico Harris if they if because at one point they were where they were I think they were in the fifth or the sixth spot, and now all of a sudden, Ad comes in and have so much promise, he goes out and now you slide and you missed the playoffs, and Luca or them are in the playoffs and they go from seven to two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nico Harris gonna look crazy after he.
Speaker 3: Looked crazy as it is. The Dallas Mavericks raised ticket prices cite investments. The Dallas Mavericks revealed that they're raising their season ticket price next season. I think about the average of eight little almost nine percent. Just weeks after dealing Luca to the Lakers. The Mavericks says season tickets will go up by eight point six percent, which is about nine percent uh and the increase is due to ongoing investments in the team and fan engagements. One fan tweeted thirty days ago to Dallas Mavericks traded away their homegrown superstar, called in fat and laughed in the fans face about it. Today they decided to almost double the prices of my season tickets from the past couple of years.
Speaker 2: The new ownership is disgustingly out of touch.
Speaker 1: Hold on, not not only are they out of touch? Can you can you give me a better reason. What team, what business actually raises prices?
Speaker 6: Men?
Speaker 2: No this for next season?
Speaker 5: Well, even.
Speaker 2: Get your head up. Let you say you like my grad used to say, boys, save your penny up so you can get it.
Speaker 5: Let me know ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay oko, I would get ready to say, but that's slightly disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I don't look if they had kept Luca and say we're gonna raise ticket prices, I don't think fans would have had anything that had nothing bad to say about that decision, O Joe, because it's Luca. Because normally you want to keep the home homegrown guys. Yeah, especially if they want to stay, because a lot of times they get you know, you see Zion, he wanted to leave, ad wanted to leave, Lebron ended up leaving KD ended up leaving, Russ, left Hard and left Reggie Jaz. I mean, so so forth, and so the list goes on and on about you getting these guys and then them leaving. Luca from off from everything that I've read and people that was close to him that knows him, he didn't want to leave Dallas. The fans didn't want him to leave Dallas. Now, if you ask Philly fans. They might not be so disappointed if you trade Joe El Embiid considering his injury history and he's missed as many games as he's played. I don't I think the fans was disappointed when they traded Ben Simmons considering the regression that they had started to see in his play. Luca, we saw no regression. We only saw ascension in his play, and they traded him. And after you trade him, you have the unmitigated gall You have the audacity to bring your ass in here and talking about you raising prices.
Speaker 5: Now and listen, and you know what you know it Also Nico Harris makes a move like that.
Speaker 1: One thing that you can stand on is hoping that whoever you trade for replaces the product that actually left. And it makes the fans forget about the trade. Yes on your production and what you do, but he's been out. And then to say what you say, what's gonna happen next year with you're raising prices? Well, hell, how about y'all fixing that? How about you fix this season? First, fix the product on the because then we want to about it. We wouldn't have a problem paying for next season if what we wanted and we were getting was on point this year.
Speaker 2: Well, ain't no fixing this year. This is your team moving forward.
Speaker 3: The question is how soon this ad comes back and what's the severity of Kyrie's injury? Because if both is down for a substantial amount of time, this season is over.
Speaker 2: This season is over.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna be without four of your top six seven guys and think you're gonna be make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening. They're they're they're a good team, They're not that good.
Speaker 3: No team could overcome being without say a Kyrie, a d a Gaffer, a Lively.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening.
Speaker 3: So the only thing they can hope is hope and pray that within the next seven to ten days they can come back and they can go on a little run, because they're not. It's not like they got a whole lot of game. It's not two months left in the season. On Joe, it's one month left in the regular season, and they need to figure this thing out.
Speaker 2: But it's bro when you when you when first of all fans like we already being pinched, we already being pinched.
Speaker 3: You see they cutting jobs and and inflation and eggs and gas and milk, and these prices are rising, the cost of rate, the cost of the family is rising. And bro y'all just created the person that I wouldn't mind paying five hundred dollars a game to come see y'all traded him, and now y'all asking me to pay seven to fifty.
Speaker 1: No, hell no, Hey, you think about you think about look at the landscape of the NBA, and you think about prices on how much tickets costs. There are two or three players on every team, on every team, I don't care how you how you look at it.
Speaker 5: Where fans that that put butts in the seats?
Speaker 1: We said about two or three players that actually put butts in the seats regards to what the price of the tickets are.
Speaker 5: They make you forget about it.
Speaker 1: They make you forget about the economy because I know what I'm getting once they watch these boys play.
Speaker 3: And you need superstars because of the NBA. Look, it's all about the superstar. That's why the Akers try to move heaven and earth to try to keep them. And for the longest time they've always had them. They had I mean when they were in Minneapolis, they had George Micah and then when they come to LA they had Baylor and they had Jerry West, and then they make the trade.
Speaker 2: Then they get Willed and then a couple of years later they get Kareem and.
Speaker 3: Then they drafted Magic and they get Bob mcado, and they draft James Worthy and then they make they get shocked, and then they make the trade for Kobe.
Speaker 2: And then they get Lebron to come.
Speaker 3: That's what the Lakers do. You have to have superstars. People want to see superstars, the best of the best or what they'll do. You'll sell the building out when those superstars come. So when Steph Curry's on coming to your town, it's gonna sell out. When Lebron come, it's gonna sell out.
Speaker 2: I mean when Jordan's and the League people team.
Speaker 3: You already knew JORDI gonna be all said out, Kobe in shack gonna be all sellout.
Speaker 2: Lebron that was gonna be all said out. You knew that, Bro.
Speaker 3: I want to sell out. I want my home gets to sell out. Regard this because we playing. Not that y'all coming, Not that y'all coming. Y'all come to see somebody.
Speaker 1: Else, right, Hey, can you imagine whe the price the tickets work courtside when Kobe were together.
Speaker 5: Imagine what the price.
Speaker 1: And I know the price is probably extensive now, and I'm sure it's going up since then, but can.
Speaker 3: You well, especially come playoffs or big game, they play San Antonio or they play you know they who else was the was the rival of theirs? Oh, Sacramento was the rival of there when they had Chris Webb and they had Jay will Uhl the Sons, Yeah yeah, yeah, but but now that's crazy boy.
Speaker 2: Luca Luca first game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which which is courseight was just just matter of fact when you give me the price, of course, I right now for a Lakers game, use an NFL player's number currently right now, don't tell me the number. Just give me an NFL play in Jersey number for better contact, because I don't want to hit the price because it's don't piss me.
Speaker 3: First of all, they got they got Luca and Lebron, so the tickets are already going to be hide giraffe who hot to begin with? Now, Okay, think about when his first game he played Dallas. Now it's his old team. Everybody wanted to see that. So probably you're probably looking at about closer you go to center court, the more expensive the tickets. You probably was looking at about probably twenty five ticket for center court.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I thought, I thought, Now you go to the playoffs. Honestly, I thought it'd been worse than that. Okay, okay, but uh.
Speaker 3: But at a come playoff time you dealing with the Lakers. I mean, like some tickets on Joe, you go sit court side fifty hundred two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That ain't happening, no legal game, no.
Speaker 5: And it also depends on this yea too.
Speaker 2: And the food.
Speaker 3: Now you get everything, you mean all the food free. But consider what you paid for that ticket?
Speaker 2: Right, no accent, I had had season tickets and you made me miss all my games?
Speaker 5: Oh Joe, wait, how did that make you miss all your game?
Speaker 2: Because you started night that because you started Nightcap.
Speaker 5: I listen, I started Nightcap.
Speaker 1: But what you could have done is is we could have been a part of a consistent routine of going to the leaking game sitting court side. You could have sat there and taught me, you know how intricacies of how I'm not gonna sit, how you.
Speaker 2: Sit court side that were coming on after the game.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about, Genny? I know Jenny Buss.
Speaker 1: She would have gave us a private room in the back. We could have set up our nightcapter up right there after the game in the stadium. Can you imagine nobody is doing nothing like that. But anyway, that's just just an idea to throw throw at you next year.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta save my pennies.
Speaker 3: Come, I don't want to work by saying I don't want to do this for the next ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I did them, told you about saving the past two years you talk about flying private private jaw you flew private, telling me what so you ain't fly private? And I told you it made that way. There's no need to waste that kind of money. You can get to the same same place from pointing at to point B on another airline.
Speaker 7: I'd be.
Speaker 2: Because you you told me I want to enjoy myself.
Speaker 5: Let me. Oh so now you're done?
Speaker 2: Did it one eighty years, So now I gotta I gotta saved.
Speaker 5: I like it, I like you, I like I like the growth.
Speaker 1: Now, if you can get the growth in other areas and other fastest of your life, we're gonna be all.
Speaker 3: Right, Uh, LaMelo Ball is the name to watch on the trade market this summer, following Luca doncis trade NBA executive around the leaves as they expanded their horizon on which potential stars connect to change teams the availability of hornets guard LaMelo Ball is one of the stars several executives who spoke with who Height will be monitoring on the trade market this summer. Oh Joe, should teams be interested and traded for LaMelo with its injury history?
Speaker 5: Oh see?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Now that part, Now, when you say that, it made it makes every part everybody pause. It makes everybody think. You take away it's injury history.
Speaker 5: I get. Okay, let's say you take away his injury history. Let's talk about what LaMelo Ball does and gives you.
Speaker 1: When he's on the court. He's likes out, he's box office. He's one of those individuals. You know what with the tickets eight hundred dollars, You know what, I don't mind paying eight hundred dollars because I know the middle of Ball is on my team.
Speaker 5: He's on our team. I know what I get when I'm coming to watch him, I'm gonna get my money's worth.
Speaker 1: Now once you factor in his injury history and what happens when he's out time to time. Ah, you know, now now you perceive a caution to the win. Now that's the bad thing. But listen, anybody can get hurt.
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 1: It's a game of basketball. It's not it's not that much of a as a violent sport. It's football, but it's very physical. Injuries are gonna happen, especially in.
Speaker 2: You know frame.
Speaker 3: I mean he was six seven, six eight, really thin frame. His ankles to frag I mean he might have to go through that with Steph. Remember Steph with the same way Steph stayed injured. That's why he got that little Men contract and then he just was able to stay healthy.
Speaker 2: Uh, that might be a situation. Might he might need to.
Speaker 3: Reach out to steps It's like, steff Man, how did you how did you like these ankle injuries?
Speaker 2: How did you?
Speaker 3: How did you eventually get over it? Because man, there ain't nothing to play with. You're talking to a guy that had ankle injuries, and hell, I thought I was gonna have to retire twenty six Man, my my, my stuff was bad. O Joe, you talking about step On somebody's ankle. I could literally step on somebody's ankle and it would blow up like a catalog.
Speaker 5: That big.
Speaker 3: And the worst part was doing it on the road because guess what, I got to get on the plane and fly back home.
Speaker 5: You know what happened when you get in the air with that pressure, swore right up.
Speaker 3: You know I wore I wore those those stockings, you know, I put those on both of my legs to keep the swelling down because I swollen those white ones.
Speaker 2: You know, those white men, you know those those nursing stockets.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, ain't your man, because bad.
Speaker 2: Look here I get on that play man. My knees and ankle swell up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I remember I was in the UH and UH in Baltimore my last year. Oho, I got my knee drained every week.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, every every every week drained. The needle pull out the.
Speaker 3: First the first time I got the first time, I got both of them drained. Oho, they got about one hundred and thirty c seeds off both ankles, I mean both knees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much did you thing they gave it off?
Speaker 3: I take get the I get my knees drained about three hours before the game. Uh, I would ice it, try to keep the swelling down. Then they would you know, put hot packs oo, so I get to get some some mobility in there. But I was getting I was probably getting thirty forty c seeds drought drown a game.
Speaker 5: Man. But you know what, let me.
Speaker 1: I think, I thank God for being able to play for a long time with no injuries. You know, for as long as I played, and as reckless as I played, I got hit really clean, one good time, one one clean hit in eleven twelve years. Outside of that was everything was basically normal. Like, man, listen to some of your past it I get something done.
Speaker 2: They're like, I don't know. I think if if I shoot it up, could I be able to play? Shut it up?
Speaker 3: And you shoot it up there and both shoulders bad. I separated both shoulders. Man, they put by three four shots in there. Put two shots of this with two shots at that. Man, I was doing jumping.
Speaker 2: Jack a minute.
Speaker 5: You separated both showers.
Speaker 3: Just sold. Dave Dorrison, I caught a seven route. Yeah, he was with the Bears. He wanted too with the Bears. He was with the Cardinals at the time, so he landed on me.
Speaker 2: Crack. I hit the ground. Crack, he landed on top of me. Crack.
Speaker 5: Wait so you you did boat shows at the same time.
Speaker 2: O god, But I was like, hey the whole week. Hey they put that medicine in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you was good?
Speaker 2: Did you? Did you? So we played We played the Raiders and I'm feeling good too. I feel good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We were on a toss crack. We had a forest crack and it was running. It was running. It might have been running. I push up.
Speaker 3: The corner, the corner retreat. Here come the safety, right man, I hit that joke. I forget. Oh yo, I forgot because you know, normally, if you got something hurt, you hit it with the opposite one, with both of my mess So I just say so, I just say it is what it is?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh your tears just start coming down my face. Hey boy, that thing. Oh y'all don't know if you ever had that pain, but it feels like electricity go through your body.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I know, just like a pinch nerve, that pinch nerve, that nerve feeling like this.
Speaker 3: Here that said Greek, I'm done, yeah done, man, he knocked Oh that medicine, not them shoulders.
Speaker 7: Heh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was done after that bad.
Speaker 3: So so I understand having to deal with injury history. For two years straight, I shot up my ankle every week. Sometimes I had to shoot up both of them. It gotten so bad. Ask anybody that was in there. The skin started to come off.
Speaker 2: My ankles.
Speaker 5: From getting it from getting it shot out so much.
Speaker 3: It had completely just colored like I had Villi Lago. It was like as dark as I am, and it was just like pure. Sure, I'll talk about.
Speaker 5: Like white, and that's funny.
Speaker 1: People you talk about stuff like this and everybody look at the listening glamor when it comes to athletes, and then you sit down and you're able to hear stories like this, Oh yeah, sacrifices and the thing.
Speaker 3: They would do it all over again. It broke down as I am. I'll do it all over again. I'll take my black ass right back out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's like, oh you look, if you play this game long enough, there's gonna be times that you're like, man, I don't know how On Sunday or Monday Tuesday, I was like, man, I ain't no where in the hell I'm gonna be able to play. But Greek antests would always like a shark. Just just think positive. Hey we got we don't have to play today. If we had to play today, you probably wouldn't be able to go. But let's how you see how you feel on what tomorrow. Let's see how you feel on Thursday. Let's see how they kept that positive. I was like, hey, Sharp, and how you feel?
Speaker 2: Man? I feel better. I think hey, I might turn the cooner. You know what I'm saying because I wanted to play O Joe. Man.
Speaker 3: I know, look, I ain't gotta have no twenty I ain't no doctor, no lawyer. I can have a twenty five thirty year career. I got a finite period of time. I'm gonna try to maximize it. And they let me know, all Shannon, you know you're shooting up blah blah, long term, I said, bro, Bro, let me worry about that in thirty years.
Speaker 2: Right now, I need to get out there. I got people depending on me.