Speaker 1: The nick A Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Glasers here, I am welcome to the show with the Nicki Glaser Podcast.
Speaker 3: We are in Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: It's a very special episode because we are actually doing an episode to honor the women who take the mic. I don't know if it's an initiative or like a special episode, but we're honoring women who take the mic. I'm taking this mic home with me. I don't own it, but it's it's part of what the episode is about is that I get to keep this mic. And what we're really doing is we're celebrating with iHeart for International Women's Day, which falls on Friday, March eighth, and it's International Women's say is very important and it's it's starting to catch on in America, but it's like very important in other places. Brian, are you confused or what's going on? This doesn't say anything of relevance. This is like red No, it does. It's on this bottom of the second page. Go to the second page and you'll find it all. Yes, we're taking the mic. And so for the special women's episode, we have a special woman guest. Yes, and I know she's a woman because she's fucking pregnant right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Not all women get pregnant, though, I don't want to say that that's not there's someone who can't get pressure. Yes, but she is here with us today. I love her so much. She's I would consider you one of my closest friends, and we don't hang out that much, but like I just.
Speaker 4: I've never been more honored. I literally listen to your podcast. I consider you my best friend.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I love you so muche one of the funniest people ever, one of the most naturally talented, uh just cool girls ever.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about how much I love you to someone because you just to Rick Glassman, actually, I was talking about how you and body, Yeah you're Nemesis. I was really trying to sell you to him. He was he's still on the fence. But I was just saying, like, you're just so cool, like you just like are who you are, which is like the best way to be as a woman is to just not try to be anything except what you are, and you are. Just You're so cool. You're like the coolest person I know. I think you're up there with a couple other people in my life that are cool. But like you are probably one of the coolest people I know.
Speaker 4: That is so nice, and I actually do believe you because you are so supportive and nice to me, and I look at you like this cool popular girl, like she's like the cheerleader, and I'm like, wait, why she's so nice? But like I believe you. And also, Nikki, thank you. I saw your set. Your stand up is so good and even though it's basically a lot of it is like completely fighting against what I'm currently doing with my body, Like I am on your side. Yeah, Like I'm on your side with everything you you are. And you're like, you're very pregnant right now?
Speaker 3: Are you eight months?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 4: I'm eight months. Yeah, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: No, don't.
Speaker 2: I saw you the other night at the comedy store and then you went edit your car and my boyfriend I were walking into the store and you were getting out and you were like you just started laughing when you saw us, and you were like, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: It's so embarrassing settling around.
Speaker 4: You're not a person anymore. You're just like a vessel. You realize what it's We're not equal to men.
Speaker 3: Like it's just are you angry about it? Is there?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: What are you feeling empowered by?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 5: Is no?
Speaker 4: I feel loving, Like I feel really loving towards the father of my child, which I'm glad he's enjoying it now because once the baby comes out, I'm sure my hormones will go back to nasty girls.
Speaker 3: Some things have changed, like you have become more gentle.
Speaker 4: And I just feel really sensitive. And I'm like cleaning my house, which is weird. I know, I know.
Speaker 3: It's a big for you. Maybe I need to get pregnant.
Speaker 4: I like it's it took like eight months to do it. Yeah, pregnancy, But yeah.
Speaker 3: You're just like nesting. You're getting the nest ready.
Speaker 4: Well, I have not one single item purchased, but I am cleaning just for myself. I think, are you But you're not add not not even a little bit. I hate pregnancy so much that I realized there's something going on in my brain where I'm like, I'll just be pregnant forever, like this is my curse. Yes, and I'm in denial and I haven't given a literal one thought as to what my life will be like when the baby comes.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds good because it sounds like you're living. You're the present, which is what we all aspire to.
Speaker 4: I should plan, though some people should plan.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the one thing that's guaranteed not to last, like sometimes people have. My brains are like, what if this never goes away? What it like a stomach ache, like nausea or something like that could, but this will definitely.
Speaker 1: Longer than a few years. I don't know what pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Is found to be over within a month?
Speaker 4: Wait? Is it messed up to put you on the spot though, and ask where is your head out on this subject?
Speaker 2: I'm really good about not having I really am, like you're You're not the only person who's pregnant in my life. Noah our producer who's not here with us right now because she's off getting married, but she is do in March, May, no April, something around there.
Speaker 1: One of the months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe next year May, I don't know, twenty twenty five. But she's also pregnant right now. My other friend I have another friend is pregnant. I'm hearing a lot about it. It sounds really hard, and I think I wouldn't be as like. I think I would just be angry about the experience a little bit more.
Speaker 4: But I really support your choice. Like I and I always thought like, oh, if someone was pregnant had a baby, like, why are they not trying to convince me to do it? And now I see why. I'm like, oh, like, because I for many years was like I don't want kids, and no one was ever like you have to, which was really yeah. I was like, oh, you're just gonna close the conversation there, But I kind of get it now. It's like it's better. Life was better before so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hasn't even started yet.
Speaker 4: This is just I'm excited. You know, there's such a good it's gonna be great. But I'm just I get your point of view. I mean, the physical discomfort is like I could just go on and on. It's really really chilling. And I'm a very selfish person, like when the plane is going down, I have no problem to put my mask on first. I bet that would never be an issue for me. And this is really a time in my life where like I'm not I cannot put myself first, Like I can't just get high, I can't just eat a big meal because my acid reflex will make me throw up, Like, there's so.
Speaker 3: Many comforts too, right, aren't you you're dabbling?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm dabbling. Yeah, I'm getting in heroin? Are you just haro is safe?
Speaker 3: I didn't even heard anyone say you can't do it. I think it's right.
Speaker 2: It's not on all the lists that I see. I guess they just maybe assume you wouldn't. But if they don't say no, I'm gonna do it. We do have to talk about women like in this segment, and I want to talk about because we're celebrating International Women's Day March eighth, does this experience being pregnant make you really proud to be a woman? Like, are you learning how strong women are in the experience of it? Are you like having newfound respect.
Speaker 3: For your mom? And literally every now that my friends are going through pregnancy.
Speaker 2: I was at the Super Bowl and I was looking at the thousands of people there and I was like, every single person here there was a woman who was like, oh, like for every person, like someone had to go through a whole pregnancy.
Speaker 3: And have a baby, showers, have.
Speaker 2: People touching your stomach in public, It's just like it's amazing that there's a strong woman behind every idiot that you see at a stadium like the event.
Speaker 4: I do agree with you, and I also am totally seeing that differently, like I'm I'm respecting.
Speaker 3: My mom more.
Speaker 4: I'm like and all moms because look, let's be real, moms are pretty lame. They're pretty lame. If it's pretty lame to be a mom. Okay, we all general. What do you mean, Like it's just mom culture brand?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really could.
Speaker 1: Like it's like overlapping with Karen culture a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well cultures and by the way, I love weed. I also think weed culture needs a rebrand. I think that's embarrassing too. So it's not just anti mom, but like so I've always felt, you know, mom cultures a little lame. But going through this suffering and struggling, I'm like, because I really respect toughness in people because I'm so weak, and I'm like, oh, this is you have to be really tough, and like, oh, I'm just like, oh my god. Every mom is so strong, so tough, Like they just go through all this and I and like, no one respects them for it, No one cares. We just roll our eyes with their babies cry. Yeah, We're like, get your tit out of here, Like it's crazy, how weak how we treat moms And then going through this, I'm like, oh, I'm such a little bitch. Like I they are They women are great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, whether or not, it's like the right decision for your life. Like, once you make it, you have to stick it out. There's no like taking it back. You can't divorce your baby, like they can divorce you at a certain age like Macaulay cul can you, But like you are stuck with that decis It's like that is really strong to me to take a chance that this thing you don't know if you're good at yet. You might have this instinct that I'm gonna be good at it, but like you're doing this thing. Your husband can leave at any time if he wants, and like, yeah, he'll feel like a piece of shit his whole life, but he can like kind of run away from it.
Speaker 3: You really can't as a woman.
Speaker 4: No, you're so trapped.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: It's isn't it weird? Like it's like, oh, she's trying to trap me. The only person who gets trapped in a baby making situation is the woman. Yes, we got it all wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it just as really impressive to me what women go through to to make another human, and that's I'm too selfish to do it.
Speaker 3: I just like I thought you were too.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got I can't.
Speaker 4: I fell for this really was no. I think it was just it was like it was like my baby daddy, who I guess is technically my fiance wherever he is. He's forty five, and I was like, shit, he would be a good dad. I love him. He was never pressuring me at all, but I was like, oh, he'd be such a good daddy. His age is getting up there. I'm like the only person that has a kid because like the man is getting old. But so I was just like, let's just you know what else. I was like, let's just try yes, because it might not happen.
Speaker 3: And then I just kind of want to see if you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you ever feel that you do time?
Speaker 2: I just I mean, I've had really awful thoughts that I can't say right now because it's going to air on the radio.
Speaker 3: But once we get to the podcast segment of our.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize keep pain Yeah, fine.
Speaker 2: I think so we might have to clean that up. They might but that's okay. But yeah, I definitely have had thoughts of like, I just want to prove that I can do it because it is so bad ass to be able to make a baby and to have one, and it seems to be and it's a sign that you're youthful.
Speaker 4: Oh I in your understand up? Yeah about it is so funny.
Speaker 3: Thanks? Are you excited to are you? Do you know what you're having?
Speaker 2: It's a girl, an international woman. What what makes you excited about having a girl? What makes you nervous?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What's did you want a girl? I would want to girl?
Speaker 4: Of course I d of course yes.
Speaker 2: I know when when they're like gender reveals and the dad's are always like so obviously bummed out when it's a girl, I'm always just.
Speaker 3: Like you idiot. This is going to be so much easier.
Speaker 4: I know, because the girl will love you. The little girl will love her dad. Nothing else.
Speaker 1: Little boys, demons, Yeah, chaotic monsters that destroy your home and your body and your family.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she might not be that cute to be, but she's going to be Smarster. That's smart. We're not like the hottest Jewish couple. But I so basically, so two years ago I got pregnant and had a miscarriage, and so after that experience, I was this with this pregnancy, I was like not thinking about gender at all. I didn't literally didn't cross my mind because we were just like, oh my god, we just hope it sticks whatever. And then when I got the call and they're like, do you know the gender? Do you want to know? And I again, this whole time, I hadn't thought about it, and she just goes, it's a girl. And I was like, it was like the best moment of my life. And my first thought was like I should get out of this hot bath because you shouldn't take a shats when you're pregnant. And I was just really happy, and I think I'm excited to stay.
Speaker 2: Let's just see what can handle that. He's tough, he's a boy. That's so exciting to have a girl. And so wait, so tell.
Speaker 4: Me I want to recreate my whole life onto it. Obviously, absolutely I want to be a dance mom.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so what do you wish for her? What do you like? What what do you want her to be like?
Speaker 3: What? What would you like?
Speaker 2: What are things that you want to do redo for her and not have her experience or what are things that you Yeah, what do you want for your daughter in this world?
Speaker 4: Just want to have my own life too? Is that a really bad answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You want to set an example a woman who can have it all?
Speaker 4: Well, we all know that no one can have it all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Is that if we busted that myth? Yet? I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can't. There's no way.
Speaker 4: But I I wanna she did it.
Speaker 2: I want she did I think she famously didn't get it all.
Speaker 4: I want her to have a a very close relationship with her dad so that mommy can still go tour. Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: You want to still be able to tour?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think it's he's a writer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he stayed he stays put.
Speaker 4: Kind of yeah, yeah, he stays put.
Speaker 3: For that's great. I don't want to keep touring too.
Speaker 2: And I would remember Bonnie McFarlane used to bring her baby to the Tommy clubs and she grew she's so cool, she's such a cool child.
Speaker 4: I definitely like, I don't want to become a person who is just like a mom twenty four to seven and is like entertaining and like I read on Reddit a lot these like moms that are like, I'm so bored, I'm just playing baby games all day. I'm like that I breadful parents.
Speaker 1: Don't go on that one.
Speaker 2: Really, that's I frequent that one to like help myself.
Speaker 4: To prepare myself. No, no, no, I do not.
Speaker 2: It's all people who wish they could Casey Anthony but can't. Like it's all people that have that same mindset of like, why did I do this? Why aren't I free? Like I regret this, Please don't do this. So I would not recommend going on I'm going to It's just it's just for people like me who need to like not be not do it just because they're feeling pressure and so they need to be.
Speaker 4: I think that what I am doing. My mindset is I'm going to this with very low expectations. I'm fully like I might hate this. I'm not the kind of person always dreamed of being a mom, And it's more of like an experiment. And look, if grandma and Grandpa have to move out here and.
Speaker 3: Take the lead, they totally are going to.
Speaker 4: That's gonna have to That's great use in case I'm a Reddit regretful parent. Yeah, we have backup plans. Yeah, you show, but we'll work hard and get them a house out here.
Speaker 2: Sure you're not love that you have. No, you're not prepared for this at all, And I love it. I love that you're just like these are my favorite types of parents, the ones that are just like, yeah, we'll see, we'll figure it out, because you really will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one really knows what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, nothing but rocks and sticks. We're all here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you are very close with your parents, Like did they do you feel like they parented you or like put thought into raising you.
Speaker 3: Or was it just kind of like not really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me either.
Speaker 2: I look back and I think that's probably why I'm a comedian and I have low self esteem, is because they didn't read the books that they should have. Someone has a great joke about like someone said, like, you know, they don't write.
Speaker 3: Someone's mom had said, like, you know what, sorry, I messed up with you. There's so there's not a book on how to be a good parent.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, there's many, you could have read so many.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that No.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, they raised me to be smart and confident and like really believe I could do anything. Uh, and I think that's really important. But I think I know how to raise is like, uh, like I could make a tailor swift if I had a child. Really, do you want to know how to raise a daughter?
Speaker 1: That is a room with a guitar so you can't eat.
Speaker 2: That's true, Well that's the North Korean way, but there's other North Kostans should write a book. If they were allowed to read them, they should, but uh no, it's just you have to make them believe that everything they do is not perfect, but with enough hard work it can be, and that you're capable of hard work. You might not be the most talented at this thing, but you know what you can do is you can always work hard. You can work harder than everyone else, because that is something that like your parents tea. But I figured out myself I was not talented growing up naturally. It was that wasn't a natural at things.
Speaker 4: Right, I relate to you with that A dancer and stuff. Yeah, but that's hard work. That's not talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah you weren't just like, yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I took a million classes and worked my ass off. Like I'm totally with you.
Speaker 3: Kids need to be.
Speaker 2: Told they're like everyone's like you're special. And then when you're a little girl, you start to see people have natural talent or have natural looks, and you just think, like I should just give up, and I just keep looking for something that I have a knack for. And thankfully I found comedy, which I did have a knack for. But if I wouldn't have found that, I would have felt like a huge failure. But what I wish someone would have told me early on is like, you're not good at singing right now, You're not good at dancing or all these things you want to be good at, but just work really hard and you could be as good as anyone else that's just born with it.
Speaker 4: I absolutely, And then you.
Speaker 2: Need to be told you're amazing at everything, like you are so like you're so great, and like we support you no matter what you do. Failing is such an important part of the process, Like no judgment.
Speaker 3: No like why did you do that?
Speaker 2: None of that bullshit, just all none of that bs, just all just everything's okay.
Speaker 3: Failure is part of the process. It's good.
Speaker 2: You need to fail. Oh my gosh, thank god you failed at that. Do you know why? Because that girl got that and you didn't. You're gonna be better off because of it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna be so healed listening to that.
Speaker 3: I just know that that's that's the ticket.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Let me can't be cool and high high school. Oh yeah, that's a big mistake.
Speaker 3: You got to get it.
Speaker 1: If you're cool in high school, your whole life is going to be ship.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: You know what I also think on like similar to that is if you get all the well this is just me talking about people that went to high school with, but like the people who got the leads and the plays like all the time really easy, then they kind of they like go out in the real world and they I know, I know where they are. They can't handle the rejection and they quit. But you and me, we were losers.
Speaker 2: We were getting rejected in high school and we didn't go to performing arts high schools like we were like not up against the best.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be a loser either. You don't want to be a loser. You got to be in the middle somewhere because if you're a loser, if you're too low, you're not going to climb out of that hole in time. Yes, But if you're so cool, and you're surfing all day and everyone's trying to have sex with you. In high school, you're going to fail, You're gonna you're gonna be a loser adult.
Speaker 3: About mahomes and.
Speaker 1: If you can make it onto Broadway then you're different. Yes, but for all the regular people. Yeah, you don't want to be the coolest regular person in high school. Now, well, I want to ask you about that at the barn, because.
Speaker 2: Actually I could actually ask you, like you seem like someone you're you Just I want to phrase this in a way that doesn't sound like it's like a backhanded compliment, because I hate the way some people can say these things and it sounds the opposite of what I want to say. You are so admirable, You're so cool, and I think your coolness and beautiful and just I just watch you and I just like am kind of in love with you.
Speaker 3: And I think it's.
Speaker 2: Because and you're so don't you're not trying to be anything. You're not like you're interested in like cool things and pretty girls and wanting to be that, but you seem to have You're not like mad at yourself for not being the things that you aren't, whereas I feel like I internalize a lot of that, like why was she born with that and not me? And like I must be bad because I don't have that thing, and it like it. It eats it, It eats it. It corrodes my soul when I get jealous. And you don't seem you can admire things without being mad that you aren't them necessarily and you can just among these people and therefore be as cool as them.
Speaker 4: This is interesting because Okay, as a comedian, don't you sort of feel like all of the things about you that are like flawed and messed up and like maybe even negative and just not like those get you from point to point B in the career of comedy, Like when I go on stage, Like my breakthrough moment in like an open mic in two thousand and nine was just going on stage and being like I have a yeast infection and like monologuing about that and then that being the best that I had had in my first year of comedy and there's no jokes in it. But like, I just find that this flawed version of me when I'm just honest is like the best case scenario. It's like it gets me where I want to be what I want and like I'm if I was trying to be something I'm not, I would fail.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Like, don't you You must relate to that because you go out there and you do it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think I consciously have thought about it that way of like, oh, whoa this being? This being when I like, stop trying to be someone else and I'm my weirdest, most authentic version of myself that I might be really ashamed of when that slips out because I just don't have the defenses for it anymore, or out of desperation or just some moment on stage where you're like I've had that moment on stage where you go, I got HPV, like I like, and I just tell a whole room of people I have HPV, including this girl who I know hates me and would love to know that about me.
Speaker 3: But and I gave her that. But I felt like I owned it now.
Speaker 2: Like you know I have HVV because I told you good luck gossiping about it. I was the one who announced it to a room of people like that has Yes, when I'm able to stop trying to be anyone else and lean into the weirdest things about me. Yeah, it does always, Yeah, that is my ticket.
Speaker 4: I admire you so much, Like if there is anything different about you, you wouldn't be Nicki Glazer, and like we need Nicki Glazer.
Speaker 2: But then there's the times, though, esther where you get Like yesterday, I got so many compliments on like you look so pretty because I've come from a photo shirt early in the day and so I was like fake eyelashes on all day, hair extensions all day. I just left my makeup you know, SPRAYTND and the compliments come, like you just get more attention from girls guys like everything. It feels so nice and it just is like more indication.
Speaker 3: It's not me.
Speaker 2: This was literally not done by me. I can't do what this is. And yet I'm getting all this love that I've always wanted. So it's like it reinforces to me, like, no, that stuff is important. You're getting this attention that feels really good. It makes you feel good and I can't even you know, but just.
Speaker 4: Because it makes you feel good and gives you attention doesn't mean that it's important, you know, Okay, Like and also, don't you ever look in the mirror when you're just in your sweatpants and you have no makeup on and you're like, I look so good.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I do need a spray hand. I can be makeup free without a spray hand. And but I'm just saying those moments where I go, I look good without makeup, they happen.
Speaker 3: But I do have a SPRAYTND when I have them.
Speaker 2: And if there were a permament, permanent spraytands to get, I would get one. I keep dreaming about this thing where you can like to take a pill and it will like turn your skin orange.
Speaker 4: Could eating carrots do that? He does?
Speaker 3: I've seen them on TikTok.
Speaker 1: How many carrots?
Speaker 3: But a lot.
Speaker 2: I think you have to eat like three a day. I see a lot of carrots. When I was like atrasic and I did get a little orange, and you just did three, three whole carrots a day.
Speaker 4: Kind of annoying. I do want to compact with you, though, that you do spray tands and not regular tanning, because so many people are still out there news in the tan.
Speaker 3: Great you Well, I'm too vain to love.
Speaker 4: I love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back. So my favorite woman in the world is obviously Taylor Swift. And she's had the most amazing year as a woman out there killing it more than anyone's ever killed it ever and sitting the Time magazine Woman of the Year, hardworking, friendly, nice like she's dating a guy that she used to kind of hide her relationship.
Speaker 3: Now she's dating a guy.
Speaker 2: She's just like herself out like Taylor Swift's at a party at the super Bowl, just hanging out amongst people. People are filming her constantly. She's keeping her composer. She's so cool. I'm going to see her three times in the next week. I'm going to Australia randomly for my boyfriend's friend's wedding and she happens to be there. Everyone's like, oh, she happens to be there, Like, no, I didn't like get this, get the wedding scheduled.
Speaker 3: I had no.
Speaker 2: Yes, she it's a coincidence. But I'm going three more times we went together.
Speaker 4: It was so fun and I can't believe you're going through more.
Speaker 2: It's so far over the summer and that's what I loved about you. Okay, So you go to this is this is esther for you go to the Swift Taylor Swift Show, and you know, it's like a whole event.
Speaker 3: You have to like dress up for it. It's like a big thing.
Speaker 2: And she is just wearing her cool pull off like Adidas, like button up blue Adidas stripe pants with like sneakers and a black shirt. Like she looks like she's going to a boy genius show and she's but everyone's decked out in sport. I'm wearing the ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I was so happy to be I love that you just didn't.
Speaker 2: Like if I were you in that moment, like, and I wouldn't have been because you're the coolest person ever, but I would have been like, oh no, I didn't dress right for the like I would have been.
Speaker 3: So you just don't even care.
Speaker 4: You're like so weird that you're like that. You're because you're just a brat.
Speaker 2: Right now, I want to call out myself, like I'm doing the thing of like, I love how you dress.
Speaker 3: You just don't care what people think. I know, I like that right now.
Speaker 4: It's the compliment you are.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 2: You do look cool like I I think you always look cooler than everyone else, and you're so pretty.
Speaker 4: How I feel about you? Oh, remember, yeah, we do this.
Speaker 3: We do this all the time.
Speaker 4: I also remember the pupil's choice words, which you were so generous to take me use your date. Literally, Nikki shows up and like five inch heels, I'm in flats are hYP difference is already not great. I literally look like a miniature person next to you, and we're just like we're what, we're getting pictures together.
Speaker 3: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was this like event that I spent thousands of dollars to get dressed for and I needed to. I was like going to be in it. I was presenting or whatever, so it was necessary. But like you just roll up and you were like you just put together. You look so good without having to put in all of this effort. And I just love I love being around you because you, first of all, you celebrate the women in your life so much. You're just like you're tried and true a girl's girl, and it's also nice. What is a girl's girl?
Speaker 4: I think, Okay, is it kind of like you're into girly stuff and you love your girlfriends and you love to Like I don't know if that's it right.
Speaker 2: I think to me, it means a girl that you know isn't going to be threatened by you, and you're not going to be threatened like you.
Speaker 3: Like, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: It's a girl that you know is not going to get weird around you because you Oh.
Speaker 4: My god, that's so niche. It's really hard to find that.
Speaker 1: It is a girl's girl to me is like a guy's girl.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, a girls girls a girl that hangs out with all the girls and is if it's not threatening to anybody, then she also could probably hang out with the guys without being threatening to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably I was thinking that more too. But the definition that you're giving is I just I know we're just doing compliments, but like that is part of like the huge reason that I'm drawn to you is because there's none This is a very competitive business. It's very hard like every all genders, everyone's competitive, but like you are, like there is just none of that with you, and I feel so safe with you. Like I feel like I could like we could tell each other the best news about it ourselves and it was like no one they would just would not be weird.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel this same I.
Speaker 4: Feel this girl's girl romance with you. Absolutely, Like, so, I'm actually really glad you brought that up because and I'm like, what is I don't know what makes some way, what makes you feel that way? Why you can have that with certain people? But I'm just very grateful and you are a true girl's girl.
Speaker 3: Well thank you.
Speaker 2: I think that I am. I really love my female friends. I love women so much. But you know, and I've talked about a lot on this podcast, I do get threatened by other women, especially women who are female comics who are hilarious, and you know, sometimes they'll see a clip of yours and be like why is she so much funnier than me? And I'll get like there's a moment of like how why am I not that funny? And why didn't I think of that angle for that kind of thing? And I start going in my head and then I'm just like I'm just like so glad I get to witness this and like be friends with that. There's a split second of that like anger of like why am I not this? I want this to go away? It's too good, and not because you're my friend. It's it's a blink of an eye that goes away. But there's some people who aren't my friends. And I can get very threatened by other women, and I want you know, in years past, I would want to silence them or like please just go away, like I'm not going to promote him. And I think in the past year and a half, maybe two years, and I've talked about on the podcast, I make a conscious effort now when I get jealous. You don't get to be jealous. If you're jealous, Niki, you have to post about them. You have to spread the word.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: That gives you the opposite action, Like if you want them to go away and you want like to if you see a clip of some girl that's really funny that threatens you, you got to post it.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, it bold and brave. You are to do that, admit to that, Like that is so cool because.
Speaker 3: I should want I want to compete against the best.
Speaker 2: I want people to be comparing me to this girl because I want to be on This is going to push me to be better, because I'm I'm inspired by this. Why why be sad that I'm not as good as this dot? Why don't I take this and go like, why don't I find a way to be as Because usually I'm just jealous of authenticity, is what I'm like, because that's kind of what I I dabble in. And so when I see other girls finding a way to be that in a new way that I haven't, and I go, oh, man, why didn't Why can't I be like that? Uh? And instead I just go, Okay, how can I find a way to to rip that joke off?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: How can I find a way to be that? So, but it's really helped me. And then the other thing is and this is maybe not the best thing. I will mute if I'm feeling too triggered, because I mute a lot of people because sometimes as a woman, we are we do compare ourselves to each other. We we do live in a patriarchy where there's isn't space enough for us all where men, you know, judge us by if we're bangable enough, and that's in there's own in when we aren't anymore, it's kind of we feel like we have to find some other identity to get attention. It's like a very scary world out there, and there does seem to be like not enough space for all of us. And so to protect myself from going down those rabbit holes. When I do feel too sick in the head, I will mute.
Speaker 4: I think that's absolutely like, it's it's crazy to even consider not doing that. Like there will be times where I'm scrolling and whatever it is, I'm like, oh, that person's annoying, and I'm like, what, That's not their fault, it's my fault for being here. I'm like, put the phone down, mute them, or just get off for an hour, whatever it is, Like, get out of that because we don't. I don't have no one's making me look at someone else's stand up clip or photo like yeah, that's I'm doing I'm doing that to myself. Yes, And so I think any tools like muting, just putting it away, that's what that should be the standard.
Speaker 3: It really shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: Subjecting ourselves to shit that's just making us mad.
Speaker 2: And the truth is, you think that when you mute something that you've maybe maybe you've been obsessed with some certain person. Maybe it's like an ex boyfriend or an ex boyfriend's new girlfriend, and you check it all the time and you think, well, Nikki, if I mute it, I'm still gonna I'm gonna go to her on my other account or if I block her or whatever, you don't you It's amazing how if you don't see them on your feet, that you truly forget they're alive after a while. Like it actually works and I would never have thought it works, but it really does.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 4: This is why advertising works. It's the opposite of about it. But you take it away, you don't see it, you forget. Yes, it's like a magic trick. And really we just like beat ourselves up. We're like, I'm obsessed with this, but it's we're not. We're just in like this habit loop that we can just get out of by like taking thoughtful action and changing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is you know, my favorite kind of women are the women who are vulnerable, who are open about what they struggle with or you know, admit to their privilege, admit anything about themselves that they're a little bit ashamed of. I love that and bringing Taylor's swift back into it, because sometimes with Taylor I can get into these things of like she's so freaking perfect, Like I just zoom in and I look for a crow foot, a crow toe, I look for anything, and there's nothing. She's just every inch of her skin, and I go, there's not There's no way this was photoshopped. This is just an image that just came from Getty like two seconds ago. No one put this through anything.
Speaker 3: This is her.
Speaker 2: She's just so perfect, the way she speaks, the way like even when she does, there's like a whole clip of it's like the Era's Tour, but it's called like the Errors Tour, and it's like all of her mess ups and every mess up she has which is minimal or all adorable and like a little slip here and there because it was like slippery, like none of them are her fault of being like unprepared. She's truly a perfect person for my definition of the word. And sometimes I can feel triggered by that. But then you know, she releases a song like mirror Ball or Anti Hero that talks about how she has depression, how she compares herself, how she doesn't feel like she's enough, how she she feels like she has to keep working because she's never been a natural. All she does is try, try, try, like and you know that's that really.
Speaker 3: I love that. No matter how.
Speaker 2: Much I project perfection onto people, there's always another story to it.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. Also, Anti Hero is my favorite song in the world ever, And I know it's.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, that's it's it's an amazing song.
Speaker 4: It's so good. But what I wanted to say was I found myself this past year because you're like an O G Swifty. I was always more of like a Gaga, like a Brandy.
Speaker 1: See that we saw her egg.
Speaker 3: We were Lady Goga's egg that she came out of on the MTV Movie Awards. We were in Vegas weekend.
Speaker 1: It was like La museum story.
Speaker 4: I love Lady.
Speaker 2: I mean talk about we gotta go see her amazing, Yes, and we saw Brittany together.
Speaker 4: Let's not forget in La.
Speaker 1: And I went to go see Brittany and Britney Taylor and Ga.
Speaker 3: Yeah during her cage tour. Wow, she was in an egg too.
Speaker 4: But it was but so like I'm a pretty newer Swiftie like I you know, the ariostour obviously got me like all in and I have to say, like all of a sudden, I'm like, oh my god, she's the most beautiful woman on the planet. But I never thought that. And I'm like, oh, this is so exciting. I actually now know I find her so perfect and beautiful physically because of like what I know about her and her art. Yes, so it's not her face, it's not her body, it's not her perfect red lip. It's like who she is, what she has to say, how she moves through the world and influences is all in such a positive way. Like that really is impacting. How I literally see her with my eyes.
Speaker 2: Like when you fall in love with someone and they can be and by the way, she's just without question, like just she is a beautiful person. But I fallen so deeply in love with her looks even more so because I have an intimacy with her now right because like she has shared so much in her songs that I feel like I know are people people who like make fun of Swifties for being for having parasocial relationship with her. You don't get it because you don't listen to the music and you don't understand what this woman has shared with us, way more than any artist that you might love has shared with you, Like people don't understand if they don't know her discography, like how intimate she can get and it's almost like you know, when you like have a crush on someone, you're like, I don't know if I really am into the way I've attracted them and then you get to know them and they're so hot to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is that with her.
Speaker 1: If you fall in love with like a disgusting hag, you can be attracted to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it all just switches it.
Speaker 3: She can be Yeah, it's it really is that, Like I.
Speaker 4: What's on the inside that counts? Yeah, and we're proving it today.
Speaker 3: That's one I always the thing I always question, I'm like, is it?
Speaker 1: But it kind of on the inside counts. But that just changes your perception of the outside. So really it's the outside that chants.
Speaker 2: Wait a second though, I just realized something like being hot on the outside is so much work, but we haven't talked about like being hot on the inside is maybe more work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's you don't think about that often because we just assume it comes naturally to be yes, but it probably doesn't.
Speaker 2: And being on the inside is just being yourself and being unapologetic about it. But like and not like I'm just gonna sit however I want or you know, I don't care. I'm gonna listen to my phone on speaker and I don't care, but you know, not like unapologetic in that way, but like just being being being okay with who you are is so hot.
Speaker 3: But it's so hard to do.
Speaker 2: I would think it's it's harder than getting all the laser facials and all the plastic surgeries and all the plates classes. It's it's it's been a way harder endeavor for me to be hot inside than outside. But there's there's so many great examples of women who are embodying that, and like, are just yeah, that's what I just I want to keep pursuing that.
Speaker 4: Do you ever like I because I absolutely relate to how you're what you're explaining, Like, looks are obviously very important to me as well, Like I want to be cute. I want to feel good when you look good. You feel good. When you feel good, you do better, you know, at everything. But do you ever wake up and you're like, like maybe you had a little insecurity about your looks whatever it is, or you know anything, and then you're like, oh my god, I'm so glad I'm a comedian, Like yes, because like the thing that I do is not about my looks, it's about my mind.
Speaker 3: Yes, But oh I sway that.
Speaker 2: I do feel grateful that I'm a comedian all the time because of what you're just saying, Like it isn't about my looks, but there is a secret part of me. Because I came up and I was billed as like a young cute comic, even though I never felt cute, it was part of my branding. And so that is something that like I felt like did whether I wanted it to or not, got me on shows, got me attention early on, and so that is something that I do feel is part of my appeal. And when that goes like, well, people know I'm not really talented. But the truth is that the more it goes when I age, much like I'm talking about, like I need to do the inner work because yeah, my looks are fading. I'm approaching forty. It's it's going to be downhill. Yes, I'll get more distinguished looking and cooler looking and just more rugged looking and like all of the things that come with age, more wisdom in my eyes and all that bullshit.
Speaker 3: It will.
Speaker 2: I do have to amp up other things, like I am working harder on my stand up because I don't have my looks to fall. I can't be just cute, like you just have to, and we're getting older, we're not as tapped into what the younger generation's doing. Like as you get older, you just have to try harder, you have to work harder to achieve.
Speaker 3: The same thing.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm just it's making me focus on the more important things that I can control.
Speaker 4: Totally agree, And I'm actually loving this step in direction for myself so much more. Like I still look, I love makeup, I love all the girly girl things. But in my twenties I was a little more into like finding the perfect highlighter and the perfect fleshed tone for my skin. And it's like I spend a little less time on that now and a little more time on like, how do I really feel abut this subject that I want to do a bit about and testing it and and this version which might seem sadder because it's like just about being uglier and older, it's better. I like it better. I'm not just saying if.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to worry about your looks, like what could you do, Like if it was really not a concern at all, Like what.
Speaker 4: Could you do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Thought? Actually just like scares me.
Speaker 2: It's not even like conceivable to me to like pack for shows and not bring the heels and the dresses and the spray tan and all the things. And people say you can just give that stuff up and not worry about it, and like, yeah, try try it.
Speaker 3: Not wearing makeup on stage.
Speaker 2: Just like it will be it will be a thing if I don't, I have to ease into not wearing me up.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to walk away from that because it's so fun like doing it, Like it's it's fun to feel good about yourself and there's no shame in it. Like because so I'm like we talked about I mean months pregnant and the first three months of the pregnancy, first trimester just absolute misery. Couldn't get out of bed, like just everything was yucky to me. Even my daughter.
Speaker 2: Version like my friend is having the hardest time being pregnant with food sucks. She is nauseous all the time, but she can look at a pile of blankets that look like food. Seriously these other day that day she sent the pictures of blankets on her couch and she was like, it just looks like a pile of food. And we were like, what this like blanket, like she's sick, sticking by everything.
Speaker 4: Literally, like I will be in bed. I would be in bed, and then Dave would be on a different floor in the home, putting a drop of oil in a pan, and I'm like, how dare you? Yes, you're trying to kill me. It's so nauseating. But my point is is like after being like in three months of just not feeling myself at all, all I craved was like I wanted to feel pretty. I wanted to like and and why that's okay with me? Like wanting to feel pretty and get cute or whatever is because it's all up to me and how I feel, like the makeup that I do. If I like it and I then I feel good. I'm the judge of it. Yeah, it might look to it might someone might get a picture of it, it looks really bad, and no one else likes it. It's all on me. If I feel good about it, then like that's awesome. And so like when you do your shows, when you're on tour and you put your outfit on, in your heels and your makeup and you feel so good, that's there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: That's you're so right. I struggle though.
Speaker 2: The other night, I was in Vegas and I got this really cute red corset top that I wanted to wear to one of like the Chiefs events because it's like red, and I wore it with these like high waisted pants. It was so cute, and then I wore it, I got a I needed a blazer for it, so I went and got a blazer from Zara, and it just like was this cute upfit.
Speaker 6: And then I was walking around this casino and I kind of asked, I'm not joking you twice in a row of like where the bathrooms, people thought I watched there and I felt so like it took me out of it so much.
Speaker 2: And my boyfriend's laughing. And my boyfriend notoriously doesn't like blazers on women women. He's like, I don't know where women I've never once seen a blazer on a woman and thought that was like a good look, and that whenever I wear a blazer around him, I feel even though I feel and I tried to do things of like, well, I like it, that's what I do with David, But I gotta be honest, it felt a little bit I wasn't as excited. I'm like, I know I'm turning off my boyfriend actively right now. It doesn't so I don't know if this is good enough for me, even though I just kept being like, well, I like.
Speaker 3: It, You'll chase like it's fine. He goes no, Like you shouldn't dress for me.
Speaker 2: It's not like every woman should wear a blazer because I don't think they're good looking. I just never have seen one that makes me think that that's like a good look for a woman. I'm like, I get it, like it, but that stuff that sticks in my head now and now I'm like, oh god, every time now if I wear a blazer around him, I'm like, it's a sign of like I don't want to have sex with you.
Speaker 3: It's like that's that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, like he's not gonna be attracted to me, and that's important. Like being attractive to men, yeah, is still important.
Speaker 3: It's like, but I do.
Speaker 2: Agree with you that it is. It feels good to feel good about yourself. But I recently like went a little darker with my hair color because I'm tired of getting my hair done. That's the thing that I'm like, you know, I've been complaining about it for years of my life. Of like every every six weeks, I've just sit somewhere for four hours with someone I don't want to talk to. I say this lighting and stare in a mirror and this horrible lighting. With these magazines that are just like all they have is like Vogue and people just magazines that are filled with people that are hot, you should.
Speaker 1: Be able to select conversation preferences.
Speaker 4: Like on Uber, Oh my god, yes, I never, by the way, ever click.
Speaker 1: They're going to hate.
Speaker 4: I know. I never click.
Speaker 3: Oh I do quiet? You do yeah, and sometimes they give you ship. They go, I hear, so I see that you don't want conversation, and I just.
Speaker 1: Go, that's what I'm avoiding. But then I do have a long conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: But your like piercing icy blue eyes with dark hair would be so sexy. Okay, Like I could see that it's so hot. All right, there's something going on there.
Speaker 3: I think it might be the blazer of hair for my boyfriend. So we'll see.
Speaker 4: Speaking of a blazer. My thing is like every two weeks, I'll be in the car with Dave and I'll be like, is that like glitter on your face, and I'm just like, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just absolutely got there, just twars on this little tube of it. Yeah yeah, they like hate it like they hate glitter.
Speaker 3: They just any like obvious efforts.
Speaker 1: Mind glitter.
Speaker 3: You don't mind glitter?
Speaker 1: Really, I don't mind glitter. There's a lot of things I do mind, but not glitter.
Speaker 3: What do you mind?
Speaker 4: You might just not know what glitter is. No offense, like, okay, a shimmer.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know what glimmer with shimmer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like guys don't.
Speaker 1: Really know it, so when I know when I see it, I don't like. Really, I don't like lip injections, yeah really, especially if they're really big. Yeah. I don't like really heavy makeup. I think I don't like uh big scars, bleeding ulcers.
Speaker 3: Those are so in right now though.
Speaker 1: Remember when the like if you're wearing a band aid was in, like the kids aid with no injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 1: Is that still cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think now you can do pimple patches like out star Face Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Starface is like the coolest thing. Even jen Elfha is like, we're making this work. They just wear little pimple patches and they're cue and so it's like, look, I'm showing off that I have acne and not covering it up.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, does acne need like a rebrand?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It's it. Got it cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's so unavoidable, it's so just. It doesn't mean any It makes you feel like you look dirty or that you're doing something wrong, but it does not mean that you are, and it's just it's the fucking it's the worst. I feel so bad for people who suffer with it. I really I love that for them. I know I would love to wear a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of goddamn stickers on my face in high school.
Speaker 4: I know I don't wear the bag.
Speaker 2: Stickers like stickers for everything. I'll never do you remember like the worst, like comments boys made about your face or like anything in high school. I remember this one time John Reiner was just like, you look tired today, and I just will never forget. And I remember my eyes were really puffy and I went and looked at the mirror and I was like, you're just like I remember where it happened, where I was walking, when I was wearing like.
Speaker 4: You were in high school. Yeah, that's so funny because like a tired high schooler. That sounds like such a good look. Like, my god, I'm like so into Like when young people look tired.
Speaker 1: I'm like they have a hoodie with their hood up and a coffee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dark, that's so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do look really young when I'm tired because my face is really puffy.
Speaker 3: I guess sometimes I like it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you were like studying the trends on like you're very active on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you feel like it's good?
Speaker 2: No, you're not at all. I think it's cool like that what's going on in there? Like what are you looking at? Like, what are what's like the latest? Well, how are you feeling about gen z gen Alpha?
Speaker 3: I guess no, that's after gend Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, there's another one. Yeah, I know that existed.
Speaker 4: It seems like people are really like all the things that I always thought were in style are cool but I apparently weren't. But it's like being really authentic and honest and open about your flaws and also like being like budgeting out loud is like a new topic, so it's like being instead of quiet luxury, which like we're moving away from already like that does the trends moves so fast? Yeah, now that it's like you'll be dizzy if you try to keep up, which there was a minute where I was like, oh, I'll buy this, and then now I'm just like no, whatever, I can't keep up. But like, budgeting out loud is very popular of being like vocal about things you can't afford or like how you're trying to save money and not being embarrassed of that, because don't you guys feel like the last like five ten whatever years, it was all about like I've got the Louis Vuitton and I'm rich and this and that and just showing that off. That's like icky. Now, I think that's great. I need that. I know it's so much better.
Speaker 1: Like we need rap songs about that. Yeah, five dollars almost cht and lay away.
Speaker 4: I know we need a little dicky. We need a Jewish rapp.
Speaker 1: Right, probably already did that to think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, that's interesting that they're being there. It's cool now to be like careful about money. Yeah, and how because there's no other way. We're not going to survive unless we get cool about no being.
Speaker 4: No one has money, there's no money left.
Speaker 1: No, so these kids are just walking around with like pimple faces talking about how they're poor.
Speaker 4: This is what's very cool, guys, trust me, I'm not trying to sabotage you at all.
Speaker 3: Young kids love Sephora.
Speaker 2: Now, Like, aren't ten year olds like, yeah, populating Sephorahn't they obsessed with skincare?
Speaker 3: What's that about?
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is this is like surprising people, which I am not surprised by this at all. Don't you feel like when you buy makeup and skincare it's just like buying toys pillipocket?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, like of.
Speaker 4: Course the ten year olds are going crazy.
Speaker 2: Little like Barbie accessories. They're all in a beautiful like girly packaging.
Speaker 4: It's made for kids.
Speaker 2: May Care is opening and closing something and a little there's a little brush that comes with it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like little pet shop like little thing.
Speaker 4: It's totally made for a little kids collectibles. It's fun. Like, I am not surprised by this at all, and I think like, also for me, what got me really into skincare like in the you know, twenty fifteen sixteens, was like I got really bad anxiety when there was all the like mass shootings and stuff, and I just felt like, oh, I don't want to go out. I don't want to do anything. And so like watching skincare videos on YouTube became very soothing and this like form of self care. But I personally do not believe in any of it.
Speaker 2: I just watched a clip of you on Whitney's podcast, and you don't moisturize.
Speaker 4: Do you lotion your body?
Speaker 2: Yes, because because I'm part of the problem, because it's like do you it's like chapstick.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't need it if I didn't do it once. So because I.
Speaker 2: Don't use chapstick, and sometimes I'm a little chapped up, but I never used chapstick.
Speaker 1: I do believe that you get like your body gets used to it, then use it.
Speaker 2: Like if I if I go, I could rid myself of the need of lotion if I went months without it. I do believe that. But because I've used it, I need it and my skin will be so flaky and dry and discussing.
Speaker 3: I just use whatever.
Speaker 2: I For a while, I was on this stuff that smells like medicated because I had like bumpy skin, come called em lactin and that stuff was really good for like Rosebud Baker turned me onto that years ago. But I just use like whatever the I just take hotel lotions and use those just body oceans, and I really just do my legs.
Speaker 3: That's where it really needs it. Arms nuts.
Speaker 2: That's how I know because I don't do anything to my.
Speaker 3: Arms, and my arms are fine.
Speaker 4: And I wonder if this is spray TND related. This is like a spray tan maintenance thing that you're doing.
Speaker 2: I definitely have to do lotion for spray tand but I don't get them all the time.
Speaker 3: But do you not?
Speaker 2: Like what's your skincare routine for your face? And I want to ask you the same thing.
Speaker 3: Brian, Brian, you have amazing skin. You don't pull on it like that.
Speaker 4: Are you thirteen?
Speaker 2: Doesn't he have great skin? It's like supple, it has like such a good coloring to it. Yeah, there's no blemishes. It's really good skin. You have great face skin. So what do you Brian?
Speaker 3: We'll start with you.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I just put moisturizer on it.
Speaker 2: And I kind.
Speaker 3: Keels men love keyling.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know what that is. I need that because my the moisturizer that I've been using is no longer being made and I have like three bottles left and it's going to run out. Okay, it's just like a standard probably like I don't know, like nutrigena. Might as well be sure some standard or la Okay, some standard brand that has like nothing in it. That's like dermatologists no scent, and I put it my face and it does like probably nothing like.
Speaker 3: Night and day And do you wear sunscreen?
Speaker 1: Only after I shower? And I just don't go in the sun. I think that's what it is, right, I have low vitamin D. I have to take vitamin D pills. The doctor said, you don't go in the sun enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think everyone else.
Speaker 3: I think I think everyone should take vitamin depaills.
Speaker 1: No, I'm special.
Speaker 2: My doctor said, I have another thing, but that methyl fol light I have to take. It's so weird to see like on your thing that like and one Vitamin D for the rest of your life, just for the rest of your life, as like a supple bit is just scary.
Speaker 3: But yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: In the summer, I could take off a little bit, but I don't think stuf because I wear SPF too much, it covers it all up.
Speaker 3: What do you do for your skincare?
Speaker 4: I'm doing very little right now because pregnancy is just like made me not care about anything.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so interesting. All my friends are not doing anything that are pregnant because they're scared of putting chemicals in their body.
Speaker 3: And you're just like, it makes me not care.
Speaker 2: They like won't touch any They won't really they won't wear like little lemon leggings because there could be plastic in the leggings.
Speaker 3: Like they're at that level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, fertility stuff scares every women of a certain age.
Speaker 4: Every fetus that gets tested has plastic in it, like there's no escaping it. So I'm just like chill about that. I am eating fish. I am also controversially eating sushi. There's a lot of research that like that's not like basically there's all these rules about pregnancy and they're just like these really strict rules that no one has like looked into and for a while, and there's this book Expecting Better by Emily Austter that she kind of like busts the myths.
Speaker 1: So have you been eating peanut butter?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why, Well, I believe that parents should eat peanut butter to give their kids an immunity to peanut allergies. It's not based on no science at all.
Speaker 4: I actually heard that, but I'm like that, does that mean that, like all peanut allergies are just because mommy didn't crave peanut.
Speaker 1: Butter, I think, and you don't, and they don't feed the kids peanut butter also, and then they grow up, they turn six and they go to kindergarten and they're scares to peanuts for the first time in their lives and their body is not used to it and they have a reaction. If that's true or not, that's probably a complete anti science lot, But I do believe you should be eating gobs of peanut butter every day to avoid your Okay, well.
Speaker 3: We'll get you some on the way up. Uh, what do you What do you do for skincare? Normally?
Speaker 4: I'm just very little so I as you know, and you were a guest on I used to host a skincare podcast called Glowing Up with Caroline Goldfarb, who you love and loves you. And after like five years of just trying every product, reading about researching, being obsessed, I'm like, I don't the opposite effect happened to me. I don't believe in any of it. I think there's like some science that like vitamin C cerums are good for whatever, but SPF obviously, But like I almost do next to nothing. Like I will maybe like do a little oil cleanser to get the makeup off the face. Yeah, maybe even just like wipe it with a toner of massilla water. Yea, maybe an oil if I'm a little dry. But I'm Nikkia. I'm so I gotta be solo maintenance. Yes, I hate maintenance me too.
Speaker 1: You're gonna run out of time once you have the baby. It's like all that time runs away.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I just bought one of these solo wave things that you like, Oh, I have that you're ready like ten minutes a day, and even that, I haven't even done it once and I'm supposed to be doing it every single day.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I can't do this stuff.
Speaker 4: I have that, And then I was like immediately, I'm like, why don't I just have a red light mask? This is I know.
Speaker 3: Now I have to like comb over it.
Speaker 4: I know. So then I just stopped using it. I never got the red light mask. But I just I had one of those. I just give them my sister eventually, and then she doesn't use them. Then she's going to pass them down to her daughter who won't use them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I do this.
Speaker 2: I just use one serum and that's all I use, and I wash my face every night, and then I don't wash my face in the morning anymore because Selma Hyaks said she didn't, So that gave me license to stop washing my face in the morning. Because you want to have the natural oils, agreed, and then just put and then an SPF. It's like so simple. But I do get laser facials, I do get micro needling.
Speaker 3: I do get all that stuff.
Speaker 4: And my needling is the one that I'm very keep saying I want to do it because that's the one that seems like it has some scientific backing.
Speaker 2: I think they definitely do. I mean, there are certain slems that have an amazing, amazing skin tone, and it's like it's got to be that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's nothing topical. I just am not buying it.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: Don't don't spend any more than ten dollars on whatever you use on your face. I think it's I think the stuff I use is eight bucks and I will use it for life.
Speaker 3: There's no I'm never gonna change.
Speaker 4: I know, like unless it's like, oh I love the way this smells and how it makes me feel, Like that's kind of what I'm looking for if there's like a feel good experience. But I'm with you, like I just kind of don't buy intune anymore. Maybe it's like our age, we've just like seen it all. I also think like diet is yea.
Speaker 3: And water, which I can't seem to do that. I hate water, I know.
Speaker 1: So I skin starts from within.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is there's anything we've learned here today that's like, it's what's inside that counts, yeah, for you to make your outside great.
Speaker 1: And I went to the dermatologists today, no way before I got it, before I go yearly to get checked everything checked out. They say, well, it's just interesting. No, it's just interesting. When you go to the dermatologists, they just go through your over your body and they point out all the things that are wrong with it. Yeah, they go like, oh, you got a rash, you got a mole there, you're you're you're washing their hands too much. You need to use a different shampoo, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like there's so many new growths that show up as as I like, I have a skin tag on my thigh that I just like pulling at and I don't even want it to go away. I like like it, like when I'm stressed out in bed, I like, like just play with it.
Speaker 3: But it's not a skin tag.
Speaker 2: It's like a little it's not it's that's I shouldn't have said that, but it's it's gross. But it's International Women's Day, so I feel free that I can talk about it because I do believe it's a female skin tag.
Speaker 3: But it's just like spots over.
Speaker 2: And then you took a picture of me at the game where I'm like with parnoculars and I see these three lumps on the side of my face little bumps, and I go, I gotta go with the dermatologist to like I don't want those anymore. And I just never even thought to go with the dermatogists. I just go to a esthetician, like I should go and get the like health of my skin checked out, not just the aesthetics.
Speaker 4: In LA though, you go to the dermatologists and it's not like how it was back in the Midwest. They're like, now, would you like to see what we could do to inject you? And like I'm like, I didn't ask for that, Like.
Speaker 1: This is this is supposed to be a doctor.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: So it's all the same with this, okay. But one time I went I had this rash on my stomach and not to brag, and I went to the dermatologist and she's like looking at my stomach and she's like, oh, this looks like secondary syphilis. And I was like, I have an STD that I missed the whole first round of it and I'm on the second round. I was so free. It wasn't that, but like there was a day where I was like, I'm wow, I'm living in a dumpster. Line wasn't true. No, it wasn't that. It was just literally like nothing.
Speaker 3: You don't even have the original version.
Speaker 4: No, I know the sequel, and you're so I just missed a whole version.
Speaker 2: I love you so much, Esther, thank you for being here for this special show. I mentioned at the start of the show, this is the Nicky Laser Podcast and we are a part of the International Women's Day celebration this week and For more programming honoring the incredible women at the network and worldwide, head over to iHeart Podcast International Women's Day feed by searching Women Take the Mic.
Speaker 3: Wherever you look for your podcast.
Speaker 2: We are featured alongside such shows as Dear Chelsea, you Know That Chelsea Handler Show and very special episodes with Danish Schwartz That's Women Take the Mic on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Esther, I love you so much. Thank you for coming on eight months pregnant.
Speaker 2: When I asked you to be here, I was like, there's no way, and you said yes, and you drove all the way here, and I love you so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you. And I'm so sad that you're going to be out of town for my movie premiere.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about that. You have a new movie coming out called drug Store June.
Speaker 4: Which we tried to get you in.
Speaker 3: You're busy. I can't wait to see this.
Speaker 2: You got to check out the trailer for drug Store June. Esther's new movie coming out. When is it coming out? And where can people find it? I cannot wait to see this.
Speaker 4: Select Theater Server twenty third, Expanding Cities March first, it's my birthday. My mind's March second, twin. But yeah, I'm I'm really excited for people to see it. I know you'll love it. Also, when you were on my show alone together, it was the best day of my life. You're such a funny actress, like I'm gonna make you be like a movie start like you. I know you never want to do stuff because you're just like you just want to be you.
Speaker 2: You made me feel so good that day because you are such a naturally amazing actress. I can't wait to see you in this I thank you for asking me to be in your movie.
Speaker 3: That was so nice.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have made that day work because I can't wait to see next one.
Speaker 4: You're gonna whatever I'm doing next year, Well, I'm gonna be a movie together with you all the time. Yes, let's let's actually talk about.
Speaker 3: Going to start that right all right?
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you for listening to podcasts. Don't be cut and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: By me,