Speaker 1: From Los Angeles, the phpaint.
Speaker 2: One and only, Perez Hilton.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Welcome to the PHPA Booker here, Perez there, what is coming up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we have too much show, So just take this as a guide and not a promise. If we don't get to everything I mentioned here at the teas, we will discuss it all to be discussed still on the Patreon Thursday at patreon dot com slash Perez Hilton. All Right, Morgan Wallin over the weekend upset a lot of people with his SML appearance. I'll explain why and talk more. Justin Bieber has got many folks worried even more, so I'll tell you the latest there. Also, Megan Fox's baby daddies are at war. The Hogan family Hulk Hogan's daughter and ex wife are beefing with each other publicly, Ariana Grod versus her fans, plus Jessica Simpson, Sidney Sweeney, Chapel Rowan Will Smith, Jojo Siwa, and maybe even more. But let's just skip any chit chat and get right to Morgan Wallen over the weekend, the country singer and songwriter with a past, in fact not so far distant past. Just in December, he pled guilty to reckless endangerment for that incident where he threw a chair many stories up above this, you know establishment in Nashville, and the police were just right nearby and unlucky for him, but luckily nobody got injured. He was sentenced to seven days in a DUI detention center. It's unclear if he's served that time yet, but he had enough time over the weekend to perform on Saturday Night Live. And I don't watch SNL religiously, but I've read that what he did is pretty much unheard of, Like I don't think it's ever been before. So if you don't watch SNL, you know, they have the opening monologue and that's the same every show, and then they have the goodbyes where the host, the special host and the musical guests and the cast all just stand there and they wave goodbye and they chitchat with each other. And it's not very long. It's like less than a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like twenty seconds of standing there and everybody's hugging each other. It's like this forced good box.
Speaker 2: So Morgan walland hugs the host, Mikey Madison, the actress who just won the Oscar and he walks off stage through the audience front of house, breaking the camera. Not breaking the camera, it's an expression like, you know, going past the camera, and people thought he was pissed. And what definitely contributed to that theory was that after he left SNL, he posted a picture of his private plane and he captioned it, get me to God's Country, implying in the minds of many that perhaps SNL, where he was for you know, the time that he was in New York, is a godless country, or or that he was, you know, not happy with his experience on SNL. So oh, I'm so sick of this. Take me to where I belong in God's Country.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but as someone from God's country, and if I had never been to New York before, and I was around a bunch of strangers all week and I just posted I'm coming home to my family, friends, whomever, and you just posted something like that, big deal. I mean, he'd leave early, he did his goodbyes, he did his hug, he did everything. I mean, I find this to be much to do about nothing. And I kind of feel like maybe the guys never watched the end of SNL before because, by the way, who could fucking make it to the end of SNL. I mean, the show has been so god awful for so many years. Yes, there's bits that live online, but I don't know if everyone knows that you're supposed to stand there through the whole thing. I don't know. Maybe it's a little bit rude, but I just think that this there's a lot to do about nothing.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say. I don't know if it's a lot to do about nothing. I think people interpreted as ungrateful. They just booked him on SNL, which is perhaps easily one of the most coveted things in music.
Speaker 1: And he did a great job, and he did his part, and he was present for the entire week, and no one has one complaint to say about him, and jeez, he just peels out. He doesn't know anybody there, and he wants to get home to whomever. I just don't find this to be even a story. And I just can't believe how much traction this has gotten. I mean, look, if there was some beef and we heard some shit that you know he pulled or did, or somebody else did, or some sort of conflict happened. Okay, but I've heard of none of this. I just heard that he he pieced out and maybe he did it in rehearsals too. I mean, who knows. I mean the whole God's Country. I mean, that's hell. I would say that, you know, get me back to God's Country. I mean, that's not a big it's just a Southern expression.
Speaker 2: Well, his team has begun damage control or quote damage control. If there is any damage.
Speaker 1: If I was his team, I'd do nothing. I'd say nothing. I would just let it die because the story's gone by tomorrow.
Speaker 2: They chatted to Variety and said that he meant nothing by it, that he had a good time on SNL, that that's just how he entered and exited the stage all week long when he was rehearsing, And they claim that there's not much more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see the press really bored this weekend, is what I see.
Speaker 2: Well, No, once again, it's got nothing to do with the press.
Speaker 1: Well, I've just seen the story so many times, is what I'm saying, and I just kind of feel like it's much to do about nothing.
Speaker 2: Because it was big on social media. The press picked it up because it was trending across socials.
Speaker 1: Doesn't make the Internet right. The Internet is generally wrong. So I don't know. I once again I think this is dead by tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I definitely do think it's rude of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you want to say it's rude, fine, But I don't think the guy meant to be rude, or maybe he did. He's just like I'm done, I'm out of here, you know, and just pieced out. You know. They have typically have a party at their snow. I'm shocked that he didn't stay for that or want to stay for that, But you know, you got a plane out there at Teeterborough and you're like ready to go. Like it just sounds like he had a week, it was work. He just wanted to get home.
Speaker 2: That's that. Also, the story that'll be bigger today even than that, is justin Bieber a lot of action over the weekend on his ig account, which is interesting. He's officially an old man. If he was, like, you know, in his twenties, I feel like he'd be much more active on TikTok and using that platform. But it seems like Instagram is his platform of choice. So kudos to Instagram. For not being culturally irrelevant yet or at all, because you know, TikTok might fucking go away. I don't know. It's supposed to be going back into ban on the fifth of April. Oh really, Yeah, nobody's really talking about it. Wow, we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Donald Trump just wants to save the day. Oh my god, I saw total aside the new Oh god. Donald Trump keeps talking about running for a or being president yet again a third time. And there is some speculation, well, how could you do that? Well, and actually I literally just saw this right before recording. But maybe, you know, maybe a listener knows. There is a working theory that if JD. Vance were to run for president and Donald Trump as vice president and JD. Van steps down, that Donald Trump would then become president. Right? Is that true? Barack Obama could also be president again then too.
Speaker 1: Not really, because the constitution sets See this whole thing is like, first of all, I would have all of these people locked up for treason. The Constitution is the thing you swore to protect. And the Constitution says that you can serve two terms. And that's what it says.
Speaker 2: How could Trump do it, but not Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: Because Barack Obama would have to have somebody to run in his steed, and he'd have to do the same thing. He'd have to have somebody run and win, and they would have to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: You know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But he's not going to do that because I believe he cares about the Constitution. The Constitution is very clear about two terms for a president. Once again, this administration sidestepping the rules, trying to find the back door and everything. Treason is what I call this. The Constitution says very clearly what they wanted and the reasoning for it. And this is the reason, because you don't want a dictator whatever. That's a long time from now. And look at the guy. He's going to be what eighty three by the eighty four, he will probably be dead by then. Let's be honest. It's not an easy job. So we'll say once again, another distraction is all that it.
Speaker 2: Is justin Bieber, all about Instagram. And you know, I had this thought, he's still allegedly very religious but loves marijuana. And you know, I grew up Catholic, but all Christian faith. I don't think any of them condone or promote or approve of marijuana use.
Speaker 1: Well, there was no marijuana back in those days. It's a plant. Who knew that a plant was gonna get you high? Or I don't think religion has much to do with it.
Speaker 2: Growing up Catholic, that was a bad thing.
Speaker 1: It's just was called a drug. Everything fell under the drug umbrella and drugs are bad and that's the message.
Speaker 2: Or not even drugs, like in my Catholic school, they're like, oh, you should not be drinking a lot or or whatever. Anyways, he even this one post on his ig story. It was just like, I don't know what do you call it when you're like, I think it was like pulverized weed or something.
Speaker 1: Is it like hash? I don't know anything about the weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a weed person. I don't like it. Like I could tell it was weed, but it was like ground up weed, I feel like. Anyways, he clearly was on a lot of that, it seems. And then he went live and was like, I don't even know how to describe. He was weird. It was very a weird live. It was just tie seemed like he was high. I don't want to say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you said that there was some weed involved, so it sounded like he was high.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'm being very careful here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He also shared a photo of his wife, and people are reading into this because he chose a song from Shahdi. But the song is called Jezebel. If you don't know, Jezebel, according to the Dictionary, that is quote an immoral woman who deceives people in order to get what she wants. Oh my god. A different dictionary says that Jezebel is an impudent, shameless, or morally unrestrained woman. Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is there a Jezebel reference in the Bible as well?
Speaker 2: I feel like think, oh, yes, that's how it came to be.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Once again, he's got a trolling.
Speaker 2: Well his wife is in on it, or there's something going on because Haley over the weekend and followed him on Instagram. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: After a certain point, is it really just trolling or is something going on?
Speaker 1: You're right, it could be one of the other.
Speaker 2: I would like to believe it's trolling. But if you're doing this much trolling, Like, bro, how desperate?
Speaker 1: What else do they have to do? She has not announced a talent in her body, and he refuses to use the talent he has except for on Instagram at this point, Seriously, I'm not even like trying to be funny. What the fuck else do they have to do?
Speaker 2: Well? You know what I've said on a recent episode, or maybe I didn't say it, but I'm saying it now so many ways. Justin Bieber is like the male Britney spears.
Speaker 1: Oh god, now he's not there yet. I mean what, he's posting some weird stuff online. He's not out there doing anything dangerous yet yet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's everything with Bieber. Hopefully it's just trolling. Equally dumb, I guess is the word Machine Gun Kelly and Brian Austin Green are beefing publicly. And also this is so se list of him. I would say that this is an accurate assessment. Okay, Usually, if you're an A lister, A listers never announce a baby's birth the same fucking day the baby was born. But that's exactly what Machine Gun Kelly did. Megan Fox gave birth to their daughter, and that same day he put it out on Instagram. She's finally here, our little celestial seed. It's a little se list, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: Or you're a parent that's excited that you just had a kid. I don't really think that's sealsty or any listy.
Speaker 2: For celebrities, yes, it is. An A lister will never announce their child, especially when they're still in the freaking hospital. Or maybe not in the hospital. Maybe she did a home birth. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But still I never really thought of it, and I wouldn't like think it's low brow, just that they did that, and I think it's exciting. And look, when you're a guy, let's be honest, you got nothing to do in this. You're just a passenger. The woman does all the goddamn work. So if you're sitting out in a lobby and your board and you're in a person that communicates on Instagram twenty four to seven every thought that you have and what you had from breakfast, I mean, this doesn't even seem shocking or weird to me.
Speaker 2: It's weird to me. It's not an a it's not an A list move.
Speaker 1: He's not an a lister. He's machine Gun Kelly exactly.
Speaker 2: And she's not an A lister either.
Speaker 1: No, she's not either. He's probably c she's b as a couple, they're a bee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, that's an accurate assessment. I would say. Well, that same day out, just hours before, he shared the baby birth announcement, Megan Fox's ex husband and the father of her three children, she finally got a girl. You know her other kids are all boys. With Brian Austin Green, machine Gun and Kelly had messaged Brian Austin Green, and Brian Austin Green took a screenshot and posted it on his Instagram story the message that MGK sent him. He slid him to his DMS and said, stop asking when our child is going to be born you the Feds. Then an emoji of a rat and a police officer. Quit calling TMZ.
Speaker 1: These are adults, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alleged adults. Quit calling TMZ and focus on that apology you owe me for speaking on my name in public. You chose the wrong one to fuck with, mister child actor. Go back to serial commercials. So then Brian shared that and added some laughing emojis and said I didn't know child actor was something bad LEO careful, he may be coming for you next. Yeah, children, I know. I mean I kind of like it because I love the content.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. It's weird, like half of me is like, why would you even respond to something so stupid and petty? But then again, I'm like, if you got a funny life, knock yourself out. He outdid him. If I had to judge this beef, I'd say that Brian Austin Green won that round.
Speaker 2: But both I would say are messy. I mean, if he wanted to take the high road, he would not have shared that.
Speaker 1: You know what, it doesn't hurt anybody. There's no kids involved in this, there's no anything that really affects anyone. It's more just fodder for us dipshit. So if you want to do that, fine, Once again, what else do a bunch of c listers have to do? It's their currency, right, So doesn't shock me.
Speaker 2: So in terms of messiness, you'd say machine gun Kelly is messier.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, but it's close, right, I mean, even responding, you've just dropped yourself into the mud puddle yourself. But if you want to gauge who has more mud on them. I guess I'd have to say machine gun Kelly, he started.
Speaker 2: It, Okay, I would agree with that, and this one. I also think there's a clear messy one. Linda Hogan, who people of a certain age remember, not just because she used to be married to Hulk Hogan, but in the early two thousands, Hul Cogan had a very successful reality TV show that ran for a few seasons. I think he was on VH one, right.
Speaker 1: I think so, yeah, Hogan knows best or something, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Linda Hogan took to social media, and she's older than Justin Bieber, so she posted it on her Facebook account. I love it. If we were talking about somebody in their twenties, it'd be TikTok. Bieber's in his thirties, so he's using the Instagram, and Linda Hogan is probably like sixty something, so she's all about Facebook. Linda Hogan took to Facebook to post a teary eyed video crying over the fact that her daughter Brooke is estranged from her and that she recently gave birth and she's said that she's not involved in the children's life, and she claims that Brooke is estranged from both her and the father. Linda is no saint. She I'm sure did a lot of things in the past. In fact, that's exactly what Brooke Hogan alleged. She did respond publicly to her mother, saying she didn't want to do this, but that she felt that she had to to set the record straight. She claims that she has her own reasons for going no contact with both her mother and her father, and that at various points throughout her life she had been verbally and mentally abused by her parents, and often it turned physical. She claimed they'd be degrading her and using her, asking her to lie all sorts of things. Because if you remember, I think it was like ten years ago, Hulk Cogan was caught on tape saying racist things and then Brooke defended him publicly. Linda started dating somebody almost her daughter's age, which maybe she didn't like that, Like, there's like a whole bunch of messiness. So Brooke Hogan shared her truth, and then Linda Hogan did not like hearing that. She responded back to her daughter, calling her a narcissist and a drunk I'm like, okay, great, mom, I know now who the problem is. Clearly, even if your daughter is a narcissist or a drunk or both, you putting her on blast like that tells me enough that I need to know about you and let me figure things out.
Speaker 1: I think there isn't a threshold of intelligence for reality shows, and when they throw everybody in these pools, generally people are dumb that are fucking on them. It's like they're still in their minds. They're still on TV and they're still performing for people their audience on the Facebook or whatever. Linda Hogan starts it and then the daughter responds, which that's what she wants as a response, and then she takes a shit on her response. It's it's like it's a vicious cycle and circle that they keep continuing in and it's just funny.
Speaker 2: To her credit, Brooke has led a pretty normal life for the last decade or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think in one of her responses she talked about how she had to get like a normal job for a while there because she didn't have money. Hulk Hogan, Now everything is coming to light. I feel like we've not heard the end of all this drama because for a few reasons, it's kind of like why Octomom is getting a lot of attention now because she had ghosted the world for a while. The Hogans had also basically, well not really. We did talk about Hull Hogan on the podcast recently and how he showed up at one of the wrestling things. He got booed.
Speaker 1: He was part of Trump's you know, I'm surprised he's not the Secretary of Defense or something at this point. No, he's been in the mix. Yeah, so he's for certain audiences. He's been back. He never really went away.
Speaker 2: But then as a family, you know, as a family, they haven't really been talked about in a while.
Speaker 1: Right, Maybe they're priming the pump for something, or maybe they think, and I mean Linda thinks that by doing this she can garner some interest. When I believe that the daughter probably wants nothing to do with it. Oh yeah, I believe that the daughter is probably going Why did I even respond? Because I knew this was the response I was going to get. Why did I lower myself into this cesspool? That sucks? Because it really is their family.
Speaker 2: Well, we've learned that Hulk Hogan his new wife, that they've only been married a couple of years. She is a hardcore second generation scientologist. Bad news. That's all I will say. Bad news. So I feel like what we will be hearing more from them? All right? Gal Gadot and Rachel Zegler. I thought it was Gal Gadot, Oh right, Gal Gadot, Jesus, Gal Gadot and Rachel Zegler. Variety ran a very informative article about all the snow white drama and the reasons for a lot of the behind the scenessness of it all. Apparently Gal and Rachel did get along while filming. It wasn't until afterwards that things got really bad, especially recently, especially because Rachel, in the comments of Instagram on one post, called Gal a glorified beauty pageant queen. And even if she was a beauty pageant queen, that's so dismissive and you don't say that about a fellow actor. But I don't care about that. What I care about was this. This was the most glaring thing, according to Variety, last summer, after Gal and Rachel went to this Disney event called D twenty three, which is kind of like Comic Con.
Speaker 1: It's the big Disney event that they put on.
Speaker 2: She thanked everybody for watching the trailer of Snow White because it got a lot of views online. And then she said and as always free Palestine, And people were at Disney were very upset that, not necessarily that she talked about Palestine, but that she did it on Twitter in a thread where it was about the movie. Like, you know, keep your political opinion separate from the film you're promoting, is what people thought. So the producer of the movie, Mark Platt, flew from Los Angeles to New York to talk to her and to also try to get her to delete that, and she didn't. She did not delete the as always remember free Palestine. Then what made it to me even more interesting is that the son of Mark Platt, Jonah Platt, an actor, a NEPO baby, the brother of Ben Platt. He also took to Instagram to write a lengthy response to somebody calling him out for what his dad did. He's like, yes, this happened. He left his family to go talk to this actress who got paid millions of dollars and blah bla bla blah blah. And I think we mentioned on the Patreon I think that she's going to be starring in a musical, right so that's that's what she's doing. At the end of this year, she's going to be a vida on the West End in London. I do think that how she handled this all will unfortunately negatively impact her career, especially now that we know this right that her bosses told her take that down and she didn't. She didn't play ball, she didn't play the game. However, when I was fucking twenty years old, I would have done whatever I was wanted to do.
Speaker 1: You could see yourself doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I would have not taken it down, right.
Speaker 1: You would have buried your feet in the sand and would have said, you know what, I'm dug in here. And that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Still, even in my forties, I don't like being told what to do, That's true. Who knows even if I would have taken it down, I would know now I would have definitely taken it down. If the big ball I'm not an idiot, right like that thing. I mean, I'm not the brightest. But also if I was doing a big Disney movie, yeah, and the producer and also she's burned not just a bridge with Disney, but this guy Mark Platt is not a producer that's exclusive to Disney. He also produced Wicked for Universal. Like, so this guy does it huge movies. He's a huge, powerful, prolific producer. And she's burned that bridge too.
Speaker 1: Look in Hollywood, when the cat gets out of the bag and people know you're a pain in the ass, your career and your work will stop unless you are insanely talented. I mean, you have to be next level talented. And there's let's be honest, there's a handful of those in Hollywood. Everybody else is just lucky. Yeah, Okay, So if a boss is like you know, if it's between two people and you're essentially the same and one's a pain in the ass and one isn't, they're gonna go with the one that isn't a pain in the ass. And that's just the facts. That's life, and that's any job. So if you want to go ahead and you want to tweet and you want to be dug in on things like that, it'd be like in twenty years you'll look back and go, remember when I was an actor, because that's what will end up happening.
Speaker 2: Well, you can still be happy doing theater. Hey, Look, I.
Speaker 1: Think if this was pre booked, and if they if they had a whiff of this, and if they had any idea that this could have been coming, they probably would not have hired her. They probably would have looked elsewhere.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I think the theater community is much more forgiving than regular show biz, and the fact that she's been in some big movies from West Side Story to now Snow White, that will always give her cachet in true theater.
Speaker 1: If she could put asses in seats, I don't know. I still think at the end of the day, if you're pain in the ass, that'll catch up with you and people will stop hiring.
Speaker 2: We will see over the weekend. On Friday, Ariana Grande released a new version of her last album with six new songs on it. And I heard them and they're all just fine. None of them are bad, but it all feels like okay, six more album tracks, like not a single. One of those songs felt really special to me or like they could be a single. But I thought, Wow, she's gonna capitalize off of the Wicked momentum and at least give a push for one of the new songs to be a single and be a hit. I thought she would want to hit, But no, because none of these songs are a hit in my opinion. But there's one song in particular that people are talking a lot about because it's about her boyfriend. And let me read to you some lyrics quickly. The songs called Hampstead, she says, singing in the song, I left my heart at a pub in Hampstead, and I misplaced my mind in a good way, threw away my reputation but saved us more heartache. Yes, I know it seems fucked up, and you're right, but quite frankly, you're still wrong about everything so far off your seat's nowhere near the table. But I find something sweet in your peculiar behavior, because I think to be so dumb must be nice. What makes you think you're even invited? The doors are closed, with the lights off inside, and all the while there's no one home, you're still outside. I wonder why? What's wrong with a little bit of poison? Tell me I would I rather feel everything than nothing? Every time? Fear me stranger, a little bit of sugar danger. I'd rather be seen and alive than dying. By your point of view, you think you've read the book, I'm still writing. I can't imagine wanting so badly to be right. Guess I'm forever on your mind. I wonder why. Here are the facts, the undisputable facts. Arianna Grande started her relationship with her boyfriend while they were filming Wicked Okay, also at the beginning of production. He was still with his wife at the time, and she had just given birth, and she flew all the way from the US to the UK to be with him and support him and so that their son could be there too. They were still married, and she believed they were happily married. Then that when from happily married to not happily married quickly after she had just given birth and gone to this other country to support his dreams. And then Ariana started dating him, and she was also married at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd been separated, yes.
Speaker 2: But not Ethan Slater and his wife. So you know, she doesn't want to clarify what people got wrong. But those are all facts, right, those are all facts. So what exactly did we get wrong? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The whole thing is shocking to me that they're still together. That's what blows my mind because typically when a relationship is rooted in some sort of deception or lie or half truth. It all outs for some reason. It just typically does within the relationship and it falls apart. I'm shocked at they're together, but you know, maybe they're just two incredibly caved in human beings. I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: And all of the facts that I shared that was based on what Ethan Slater's ex wife said herself when she wrote this article about being a therapist and having her work be affected because her private life is now public. And she didn't mention names, and she didn't really she didn't spill too much tea, but she spilled enough enough that I shared with you all the facts according to her, So you know, it is what it is once again. Pereza Damis, I'm like, you know, a week ahead of everybody else on the Patreon I believe, or maybe it was last Monday, but on a recent episode, we talked about Jojo Siwa going on tour and how this time around she was doing smaller venues because her last tour three years ago, she was doing arenas. Now she's doing House of Blues venues across the country or similar type of layouts, you know, like a general admission area down and then like seats above and et cetera, et cetera. That was me five days ago. Now, over the weekend, people were obsessing over the fact that Jojo was selling a nine hundred dollars VIP ticket where fans could work for her, although that was misconstrued. What it was described at as was help her with the set. What she meant by that, and she clarified, is help her decide what songs are gonna be in the show. So help her with the set list.
Speaker 1: Right, They're not out there cleaning the floors or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, But honestly, like, people paid way more for Taylor Swift tickets, and like, if you're a huge Jojo Siwa fan, this is a cool opportunity. It's not a money grab, she says. They're only doing four of these per stop.
Speaker 1: Well, people are making a big deal about the money, and I don't understand that. If you're willing to pay to do something that's different than anyone else, that's just called commerce. I don't understand why people are so like, well, Taylor Swift doesn't do that. Well, Taylor Swift is at a different level and if she wanted to, she could.
Speaker 2: She could charge ten thousand. She could.
Speaker 1: She could say, Hey, we're gonna have the twenty thousand dollars ring here in the front, and we're gonna have a party before and I'm gonna party with you and we're all gonna decide the set list together. You know, I do it the same every night anyhow.
Speaker 2: Well, Taylor does not do it the same every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does bring in a new song every night, two new songs every night. Ooh, two songs. I remember tours used to be like every night, it'd be different, wouldn't be all planned out. But when you got something that big, I guess that's how you gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Tory Amos still does that, and that's one of the reasons I love going to see Tory often multiple times on a tour, because you could go two nights in a row and it will be completely different show.
Speaker 1: Pearl Jam does the same. Eddie writes the set list a few hours before the show and then post it online. I think it would suck because I mean, you know, you've got fifteen to twenty albums and you're like, I can't fucking remember how this song goes. Got Stone Gossard back there trying to figure out how he played it in the first place. It's cool though as a fan.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not mad at Jojo good on her. Also, you messaged me on Instagram this video, which is funny because I had actually independently seen it already. You sent me a video of Jessica Simpson performing earlier this month at south By Southwest And what did you say?
Speaker 1: What a talent?
Speaker 2: I actually thought she sounded good, did you yes?
Speaker 1: The clip I was watching, I was like, h this is something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm always rooting for Jessica. I think she is talented, and I thought she sounded good. All right. In more music related news, Sean Kingston remember him? He had a hit. I think it was like in two thousand and seven or two thousand and eight, a long time ago. Now, oh no, you beautiful girls.
Speaker 1: Great song.
Speaker 2: That was a good song. It went number one on the Hot one hundred. It was a real and a big hit song. Yeah, big song. He has just been found guilty of wire fraud, four counts of wire fraud and an additional count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. His mother was also found guilty. And here's the craziest part. They are now facing up to a hundred years in prison.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Each charge carries a maximum sentence of years in prison. So they were found guilty of five charges. And I should have mentioned this was in federal court. The Feds don't fuck around. It's shocking to me that he's facing this much time because he's only accused of stealing a million dollars worth of goods. He would defraud people like a jeweler and a car company. And yes, a million dollars is a lot of money for all of us, but it's not a lot of money if you're stealing it. That was my point. And to possibly face decades in prison for just a million dollars, that seems excessive. But I think he's gonna do some real time if he's literally guilty of five counts and it's a twenty year maximum for each, like, I think the minimum he'll face is at least ten years, five years. I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: It's up to a judge and intent, and they always publish the maximum. No one ever serves the maximum unless it's like some heinous crime. He's not a criminal, right, That's what I mean. He'll end up doing three years, and he'll get probation or something and I'll have to pay back the money.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, three years seems sensible, but not more than five, I would say. I don't know, it just seems crazy. All right, let's take some calls, OK, you.
Speaker 3: Want to hear from us. It's JENNI, first time Florida. I'm a Patreon subscriber. I loved the last episode because you guys were just like it felt so like intimate. It felt like they're in the room. You guys are just chilling. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: The energy was so good. I love the content. I don't know, like you guys have relationship has been I don't know, like on a good level. And it gives me a little dopamine fix. And I love it and I love you guys much, love much A creepy. If you are thinking about being a Patreon supporter, stop thinking about it and go do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, that's the best patreon dot com slash perez He'll yes.
Speaker 1: If that's not a commercial for the show, I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: We love it. Thank you. Hi. My name's Kara.
Speaker 3: I'm calling from Seattle.
Speaker 4: I was listening to press talk about all Cleena's new songs and trying to connect the dots to how they are or are not about Hailey and Justin, and I thought one thing that's interesting that nobody is pointing out is that in her song Luviy Love Me, which we all know is about Justin, she said at the end of the song, now everything is closed and done, this chapter is over. And then at the end of her new song, how does it feel to be forgotten? She says, now everything is said and done, everything is forgotten at the end, which seems extremely similar and not like it's a coincidence.
Speaker 2: Well that just you know, reaffirms what I said. It's like, I think she's moved on and just strategically did this on purpose to get people talking and shout out to her. Because it worked, she didn't, unfortunately get the number one album. We talked about that on a recent episode Playboy CARTI did get number one, however, the projections for Selena increased. It was allegedly she was originally going to debut to ninety six thousand, which was great, but she ended up doing one hundred and twenty k her first week. Love that seventy one thousand in pure sales, so like vinyl or CDs or whatever. So for an artist that's been around releasing music for close to twenty years, she's been doing music for that long. You know, her first hit, that song Naturally, I think that came out in two thousand and nine, sixteen years ago. So kudos to her, you know, to have a career in pop that's so ageist, and that run is more successful than Katy Perry's. That's pretty wild to think.
Speaker 1: Well, she's out there promoting it too. I mean, she's doing a lot of press and interviews and talking about it. It's weird when she does interviews though I've been watching her. She doesn't really open her mouth anymore.
Speaker 2: I know. I noticed that too, the way she notices so's.
Speaker 1: It's like she'll be like, you know, we we've went on the new album and I really something to do with love and Benny.
Speaker 2: And you know she's been open about being bipolar, so it might be medication for her mental health.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, I mean I've interviewed her before and she's perfectly normal.
Speaker 2: Was an I think it might be that.
Speaker 1: Hmm, all right, let's wrap this poppy up.
Speaker 2: Well, we will see some of you on Thursday. Have a wonderful week. Appreciate you all.
Speaker 1: Take care guys.