Speaker 1: Warning this episode canday spoilers for Arcane season two at two. That's episodes four, five, and six, best episodes of the series. Hello, my name is Jason Sepsion and I'm Rosie Night and welcome back to Extra Revision of the podcast where we dive deep to your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture.
Speaker 2: Coming from my podcast, where we're bringing.
Speaker 1: You three three episodes a week Tuesday Thursday, an extra what episode every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: In today's episode in the Airlock, we are recapping Arcade season two at two, episodes four, five and six and what episodes they were. Wow, what a come up for us. Incredible stuff. And then we'll be having a little discussion about what we think works so well about these episodes, where we think that and could go as it comes to the series end, and the characters that we love hate we need to apologize to and who have the best haircuts. We're beginning with Arcane season two, episode four, Paint the Town Blue, which begins with a song we were talking about last week in our coverage. A big time jump here, definitely like at least a few months and three four months, I think, And if we were complaining last week about how the music videos at the beginning did not push the story forward. It's almost like our answers are given here because these ones are very informative narratively. We begin Wheel Drops, a great needle drop, very Jinx coded music video, the youth of Zorna fighting back against the enforcers who were enacting horrific police brutality against them. People are dyeing their hair blue in a very Spartacus moment to kind of show their support for Jinks. Caitlin upstairs is sulking and just obsessed with finding Jinks, also sharing a bed with junior Officer Maddy Nolan.
Speaker 3: Here we go Backstabba. She's talking to Buy telling her you're an icon. At the moment she's gone, she's in the bed.
Speaker 1: Here's the issue with Caitlin. We all know a person like this. She can't be alone. She needs to take a second to figure out who the fuck she is because she's just getting played left, right and center all the time, and clearly she needs a time out on just jumping into the sack with other people because to distract herself, to distract yourself from what's going on, because it's like it's just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we in the under City, we are really getting an idea of how Piltovera's rain is affecting the people who live down And if if you thought last week me and Jason were a little bit harsh against the Undersea, we are here to say this because we just really did not get the narrative weight of what was occurring down there.
Speaker 1: This was the most effective you know, storytelling execution of the oppressed relationship, the oppressive relationship.
Speaker 2: This is your and or one way out. This is where you get to learn, Oh, these are the people who are being harmed, the everyday people. Really, these are not the Ken Barons. These are the people who live in the under City. And we get to see Jinks here, who's now looking after Isha. Dyes Isha's hair blue because that's all Lisha wants to look like Jinks. But Jinks is like, that person is dead. I'm not Powder, I'm not Jinx anymore. But we know that's not true. And Bessa's scientists, meanwhile, I'm experimenting with hextech. Jason Heimerdinger have disappeared. Where are where are they? And U and Bessa blames the Black Rose, who also have mel which we know, you know she knows a bit more about than expected. After an incident at a border check point, this is where we start to get some real brute or stuff. Kaitlin and Junior Officer Maddy Nolan suspect Jinx has inspired copycats, which she has, and Bessa shows up and is basically like, stop sleeping with Junior Officer Maddy Nolan, Like what are you doing? Like have it? Don't get professionally entangled with an enforcer who could kill or die either way. Not looking great. Caitlin and am Bessa argue about whether ensuring peace is justification for violence and author authoritarianism. Spoiler alert, it's not, because that's not a real kind of piece. Then we get to join back with one of our favorite characters, Savika, who has a great new haircut and comes to visit Jinks. She's basically given her the Hunger Game speech. She's like, you are a symbol. Now you can do what Silko could never do, which is you can unite the under City. Come to the rally at Vander's statue, firelight spoons Jinxes everyone, and we are gonna make this happen. We're gonna unite the under sea and we're going to free them from the tyranny of Piltover forever. And Jinx is like, okay, I got to go talk to someone. She thinks she's talking to Silko, but it's really just Silko's old chair. That's a very heartfelt moment, actually, and it kind of makes her realize that Silko is truly gone. There's not even a ghost of Silko talking to her anymore. This is this is her journey now. Everyone spends the evening morning they're dead, except Ricus and Sevika, who are torturing a prisoner you know, wonderful times. They eventually give up the location of the rally, and at the rally, the crowd wants Jinx, but Eha shows up with a blue flair and everyone rallies together. But Rictus and his enforcers show up and some enforces corn Corner singed, but he leaves behind a little a cult bit of blood magic for his monster to follow. This was a cool sequence. Yeah, this was a really really cool sequence. I love the way that this once again kind of hints to the wider magic of like ruine terror, because it isn't just a cut in his hand. It looks like it's kind of some kind of a cult pattern. And we go back and Savika says, look, the enforcers took Esha. We gotta go save her. Jinks and Sevika break into still Water freer group of all night prisoners. Yeah. Love a prison break. Yeah, and Jinx realizes like, oh, I am the big dumb hero. Yeah, here I am.
Speaker 1: Here I am, And then she realized, wait, hold on a second. I love that moment because it's there, like she tries to play it off, but the way people are looking at her, it's like, holy shit, you actually did come to like get us out of prison.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. Yeah. Great moment of humanity here with the connection between like Jinx and Isha and kind of this idea of Jinx as the older sister now, which I think is really sweet and moving, and there is a lot of good stuff here, really kind of I came away from this episode actually feeling like, oh, I got like duped by Piltover propaganda in the first three episodes of this season, and I feel like the show does a really good job pulling that out from under your feet, where they're like, actually, we're gonna now zoom out and show you that this is so much more complicated than you thought it was.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you. I think that that's uh, you know, it's it's pilt over propaganda. And it's also like, we should have just spent more time down here. I should have spent our time. Absolutely, we should have spent more time down here with people that weren't the Ken Barons.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, yeah, people who weren't like horribly doing awful experiences, the.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, this is this is this really grounds the story in the actual suffering of the people who are living her.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, And then we get, in my opinion, one of the coolest moments from the whole series so far, where the beast senses and smells the blood and heads towards the prison and just absolutely decimates and destroys the enforces, and it is a huge, monstrous kind of were wolf with the eyes looking like bloody eyes, and we get a POV where it's this gorgeous slow animation or was red. It looks so great, and Jinx pushes each out the way, and just as it's about to kill her, it recognizes her and speak and if you don't, if you don't recognize that voice. The closed captions tell us that it's Warwick, who many fans have been wondering about, and here he is. But who is Warwick? Well, we'll get into that when we go into the second recap after a message from us points and we're back with Arcade Season two, episode five, Blisters and Bedrock starts with another needle drop that and music video that actually pushes the story forward and tell another exactly where Violet's been. You might have been wondering where's Violet. That's our main character. Where's she been? What's she doing? Well, guess what. She's here with her new best friend, nameless shield guy and friend. What a friend he is? He is actually a great friend. This is like the equivalent of when you make a friend in the girl's bathroom and they're like, you look so beautiful, you look so great, like borrow my lipstick, dump your boyfriend, and then you're still friends with them, like ten years later.
Speaker 1: He is it's unclear. It's unclear if he ever speaks. He just like takes make sure she gets home.
Speaker 2: Gives her like an eyebrow of like, are you doing the right thing? How's it going? I mean, she is not going doing okay. She has taken on. She's like a crow like visage emo Violet or is a super producer. Aaron calls her Violet at the disco, which I think is pretty good. She is beating the shit out of everyone. She is part of a fight club. She is getting drunk all the time, and she is just like beating the ship out and she is very hungover with her crow like makeup, and suddenly the worst thing that could happen when you're hungover, your annoying younger sister who's also your nemesis in a ongoing battle between your two sides of the city is there and she's like, guess what, bro, She's like, your dad's still alive and he's a werewolf. Yeah, And Violet is like, what the fuck are you talking about? Not stop lying violence, Scott. I hate bad attitude. I know she's going through it, but she's got a bad attitude. And Jinks is really coming across as Violet almost kills Jinks in this moment, and.
Speaker 1: This is sister's stuff. I love them together. I think them together is awesome. There just feels like there's more chemistry. The voice acting feels more passionate, and it feels very sister coded to me. I had friends. Yeah, some of the craziest sibling fights I've ever seen in my life bar nuns, like knock down, drag out, like gripping each other's hair, throwing lamps at each other, like truly the craziest fights. And then they'd be OK.
Speaker 2: They just be fine. They're like, oh no, this is my best thie. Well, two people who are not fine and are in the wake of a terrible sister esque defeat. I'm Bessa in Caitlin. Caitlyn now wearing a full on like evil vampire class. Absolutely, she's just like going on with k She's like, if you didn't know she's taken a turn to the dark side, now you do thanks to the cloak. They survey the damage at the prison. There is multiple dead bodies of enforcers, lots of blood everywhere, and they find sin she still locked in the cell, and am Bessar is like, yo, what's going on? Tell us about this magical monster, and he came for you. What's going on? Mel awaken in a mysterious kind of strange locale, covered in sweat and bugs, coughing up rose petals in a rose shaped shell. So I guess I'm best it was right. I guess it is these black roses the ochlorium. And it seems she has a cell mate, her brother Keino, whoa look keinot barely recognizes her. He's obviously been there a long time, and he explains that to Mel that their mother had an affair. She bore a child, and their captors are after that child for nefarious reasons. That's right, and shouts to Mel. He's like, that doesn't sound like mom, but apparently it's true. You think too much of your mum. Mel. I gotta say, you're a sweet guy, but you Mel and Keino back together. Love to see it. I hope this ends well for both of them, jinks. Violet and Issha. Meanwhile, head down some mining tunnels with little clap on mushroom lights. Very cute aesthetic. There she lost saw Vander. They are quarreling. Jinx is making fun of violets. This is a good line, Jason, You know this line. Yeah, the impression you're overgrown bitchmin's you need to build yourself. Wow? Okay, mean, but I like it. Okay. Violet is moved by Jinx's care for is shat definitely kind of reminds her of the humanity. That reminds her of her relationship with before it all went to hell. Back in still war Am Bessar is like still on Cinge. She wants to know she's interested in Warwick. I think Ambssa is like, I would like one of these for my armies. Oh yeah, that's definitely really that's that's clearly what she probably want. A hydred yeah, And turns out that Cinch has been experimenting on Vanda for a very long time. Caitlin does some digging and finds out Cinged is a Dr Revec, the Discrace Academy scientist who invented Shimmer. I mean which, Caitlyn, she's ready to She's ready to kill him because she's just like I've been I fucking hate this guy. I hate Shimmer. She's away. Just when I thought the z Night animals couldn't stupidly lower, I find out this fu this like chill out, Caitlyn, come on, come on, babe. Within his lab, he takes them to a secret room with his daughter, Captain Stasi's very door. Mister Freeze of him Anna, he's been trying to cure of death. Here we go again. A mad scientist.
Speaker 1: Guys, mad scientists, will.
Speaker 2: You just quit with this already? It's mad to go well, it's never gonna go. Well, that's gonna work. A teenage girl whoa a parable about this like one hundred and fifty years ago. Guys, it's not gonna happen. Yeah, come on. Mel starts seeing patterns in the markings of the wall of the ock Alorum. Her brother warns against it, and he is like, bro, this is You're gonna go crazy in here because I went crazy in here. She slams her head against the walls, knowing, dunt dunt dune. It's not the real Keno.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 2: That was real. That was thrown to me. Me too. I did not see that coming. That's if. That felt like a huge moment where I was like, oh, this is gonna go like finally, like a little bit of luck. No, he turns into black Rose magic and absorbs her, terrifying Mel is trapped within the vines, but then explodes in a mysterious flash of light. Jinks, Vi and Isha find an old room of Vander and Silko's with a message that Vander wrote to Silko apologizing well, would have been good to know that, truly information we could have used like much earlier on. Warwick finds them and attacks v Done. Done done. Flashback to Vander and Silko at the Last Drop with Felicia. Turns out Felicia is pregnant with a girl, Violet. I'm not I'm not knocked I'm knocked up, which is crazy incredible. She's worried about raising a child in Vorn, but tells Vander and Silko they're not allowed to fail anymore. They have to succeed for her daughter. Blisters in bedrop. What are we some kind of suicide squash? I love that? In Pitch Darkness, Jinx pulls out a lighter and she sees Warwick embracing Violet. He actually wasn't attacking her. Jinx joins them, and okay, this one you're gonna get a bit emotional hair. Also, like, I feel like having a dad who's like a If I found out that my like very flowed dad who kind of became this like mythic figure was actually still alive and a were wolf, I think that's like kind of a best case scenario. Honestly, So I was like I was saying, like, cool, I'm into it. This really, this was this huge, huge yeah. And also for fan theorists, this is a long time theory that in the game you never know who Warwick was originally, but there are flashbacks and they confirm here that he is Vander and that's been being theorized, I think for since the show came out, So that's a pretty big one for that. We were right, Gang, so good to good for you if you had that theory. We love a correct fan theory. And finally, in a room where Jace, Echo and Heimerdinger disappeared our favorite trio, we now see Silo walking with with some telltale signs that he has visited Jesus. Victor jeesez.
Speaker 1: He's got all the Jesus metal on his face and he looks absolutely perfect and glowing.
Speaker 2: I mean he's looking happy and then hot, sweaty. I like bearded Jason. This is like he is no longer the good boy I like, who just follows orders. He has got a hex crystal now imbued in his wrist. Victor then speaks through Salo's body stuff he's given and Hex tech to the people, but Jase's like bro was meant to do as we always wanted to do. Jase's like, Noah, man, I touched the arcade and it's bad. I saw and I was like, this is bad, bro, Like what have we done? And he can't let Sailo leave with the canisters of the hex Tech goop. He brings the hammer down on Sailo. And that's the end of Arcane season two, episode five, and the end of our recap for now, as we go to a message from our sponsors. Yeah, and I'm back with the final episode of Arcane, Act Too, season two, episode six. The message hid him within the pattern. So we're gonna get quite deep into the law side of which I think people have been waiting for here. So now Sky, poor old dead Sky, who is kind of haunting Victor Or, who is Victor's like ghostly girlfriend. I don't know, Yah, part of the ghost part lover part. I'm not judging. I'm not judging. But they're watching Jason in Jace. They sense flawless, exquisite chaos. I mean, come on, guys, Like I feel like Sky is almost like a She's like a heterosexual pushing ghost. I'm like, we all know that Victor and Jase are clearly the ship pre that's that's clearly the endgames.
Speaker 1: If I could say one thing, Victor, the voice actor who does Victor sounds with the accent he's using for Victor sounds so much like for people who have played Skyrim, sounds so much like the mage of White Run, who is you know, off to the right side of the Throne room where you go and get missions from him. It was so weird for me to be like, God, I feel like I'm I'm hanging with the major White Run. It's so crazy. Not the same voice actor. I looked it up, but still, it's the vibe, it's the tone of voice. It sounds so eerily the same.
Speaker 2: Well, we're about to go and see Okay, Aaron, I got to give you all the credit for this one, because we should have been calling her this all the time. We go to see Abs Bessa, because those Abs are popplin. She is this hensiest person in the whole of Rune Terror. At this point, she is buff and she's training Caitlyn in martial arts. This two is a terrible pair I just have to say, terrible pairing. Only bad stuff are going to happen from this Caitlin, you didn't even want this job like two days ago, and yes, four months later, you have just been manipulated.
Speaker 1: Also, Caitlyn, what is going on here? So you're Caitlin's worldview is that if somebody can beat me up, they must know more than me and be wiser than me.
Speaker 2: I have to say that is actually definitely very consistent to Arn. Yeah, well, I like that. That's really good. And Bessa has now kind of taken quite a liking to her. There's clearly a little bit of maternal feeling there. Singe this tracking Warick to zorn Oh, because we know that vi jinx Isha and Warick are going to visit Victor. This could all end badly. Who's now obviously he's known as the Herald, we call him Jesus Victor. They find a settlement with houses and people and fruit and colorful bank. That sounds good. I'm like, this is the utopia that Piltover was promising. I think Victor is expecting them, even Warick. Victor touches his forehead and enters his mind, but Warick's animal side fights back. Victor saw their father and spoke with him, and Victor can help. Now we get a little music video of Victor trying to reach Vander while he and Sky work inside Warick's mind. There's another useful narrative music video.
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 2: Issha brings him food and water and we get a gorgeous watercolor background of Violet and Powder's child loved this. I say, so good, so fucking good, and the family and the fans are gonna love it because today I saw the most I actually was actually so weird because I just finished watching these episodes again and I saw the most beautiful, like watercolor style Renaissance portrait of Vander, Powder and Violet, and I was like, whoa whoever drew this is like so on the nose for where this is going. And Violet is actually like making sense for the first time. She's like, what if we just stay here? Isn't this kind of chill, like no beef? Like this seems good? But Alas Singed and his army even forces arrive at the Herald settlement. Cinge offers to go speak with the Herald instead of starting things off with violence. Bam Bessa is like, I'm ready in the forces, baby, like they're Naxi and forces are here. Cingh can tell that Victor's power is essentially fine, and when he touches Victor's hand, Victor in sky get a peek inside of his head. Cinch reveals that Warwick could restore Victor using Apex Shimmer mixed with the apex form of Hextech. Sounds bad, big choice to make here. Clearly this will not be good for a war work if he decides to go this route. I just wouldn't listen to Cinged. I'd be like, bro, I just I'm just not gonna listen to you. How about that? Victor will not sacrifice? Fandis humanity humanity for singe? Discuse? Because Victor is like, he's a good guy, even if he's like a complex guy going around giving people hex Tech even as he threatens the community. Violet follows Cinged out. She's finally like, Violet, just use your weapons on this man, Like, use your punches on this man. How about that? Oh? But she's ambushed by bloody Caitlin, who now also, I don't buy this, Like Caitlin had like three months of training and now she's better fighter than I. Don't. I don't think so, I don't I don't buy that. The only thing that I could think is maybe VI you know the we don't know how long they were there, that's true. And also By has been drinking. She hasn't been keeping up a healthy life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think she was in a maybe she wasn't combat ready at this particular moment, because I didn't quite buy it either.
Speaker 2: Caitlin is like a badass, but at least you get cool fight, which we love. And uh, Caitlin reveals that they're tracking a beast. We obviously know who that is. Cinge claims that he can craft a serum to prohibit Victor's success, which like, surely just let Victor help these people, guys, And then Caitlin captures Viola silly idea and takes her to the war room with Ambssa, Richts and Cinch. I'm like, Caitlin, these are your allies now, Like this is not good for you, babe, this is bad time. Singe and Caitlin sneak into the holding area for Warrior, while Jay sneaks into the settlement and Bessa is waxing poetic with Viola and turns out Kaitlyn and Viola I love the fast one. I'm I'm Bessa. I did not see this coming. I didn't see it coming. See this coming.
Speaker 1: I did not see it coming at all. And I have to say, Violet almost blew it. She kind of acknowledges it by saying, like the last thing is like shut the fuck up, because her talking like almost blew the ambush.
Speaker 2: But it was I did not see this coming. Was perfect. I thought this was really really good and it did make me feel a little bit bad how much I had judged Caitlin. But I will say, well, I think, you know what, I just think that this is like proof of how good these three episodes are because I was getting twisted and turned emotionally.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing about Kingbrey. Here's the thing about Caitlin. We've we've said she's not she's the type of person who cannot be alone. She's also the type of person who whoever she is with in that moment has tremendous influence over what she's going to do next. I think, like, obviously this was within her and shouts to her for making the right decision and for taking a courageous decision. But if she doesn't encounter VI on this mission to get the beast, I think she just goes through with everything. Yeah, she ambs and Ricks wanted to do.
Speaker 2: But it's like you said, she needs to spend some time. She needs to go to the SPA and just like figure out who's Caitlin without Vie, Who's Caitlin without AMBSSA. But yeah, so this was a great twist. I got twisted. Caitlyn gets a jumped on jump on singe. Rictus follows Caitlin and attacks her, but she is saved by Jinks, which, of course we'll have huge dramifications going forward. Great Jinks and Richt's fight here. Richtus has the upper hand, but Vanda saves her. Of course we get that's a fantastic moment. Now we see hot Jase and he's stumbling through the settlement almost to chat to a child again, but stops himself, thank god, because he made that mistake before the child takes him to Victor. That's a mistake on the child's path. Yes, because Jase activates his hex crystal and shoots a massive beam of energy through Victor. Very sad times. That was your bro, that could have been a romance. I don't know what you're doing there. I understand that you're trying to save the day from the arcane, but I feel like you. I was heartbroken. In this moment, everyone who has been healed by Victor drops lifelessly and starts to emit a high pitched scream in a very haunting moment that I feel like is very evocative of like a invasion of the body snatches, like a kind of hive mind situation where maybe Victor wasn't really healing these people so much as almost like possessing them. Yeah, because it seems like when he was hit and they were all suddenly an antagonized agency less moment. Fiji's Caitlin leave the greenhouse, see everyone in agony, and Warick emerges full of rage with fire pouring from his body. Sure fireware Wolf, I love this. He brutally murders Rictus and Bess arrives and leads charge on the settlement. In his rage, Warwick hits Jinks. Don't do that, bad dad. Move. Isha pulls out the crystal she took from these gauntlets earlier, charges into the fray, grabs Jinx's gun and detonates it like a bomb right right under, which looks like bad for everyone involved. And Yeah, I don't I don't love I don't love Isha's Isha's chances going forward for the last three episodes.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's talk about that's I think this is probably it for Isha, right I.
Speaker 2: I worry? Yeah. I felt like after an after a series episodes where I was like incredibly moved and interested in the way that they were representing the under cities fight against Piltover, this was like a very bleak, sad ending that. It also feels like has like I would be wary of using like a real analogy to do with this, because I think that's very like kind of Isha is a kid. But yeah, it doesn't look like they're going to be around. But you know what, I got twisted and turned so much this episode, Like I was somebody ringing me out like laundry. So maybe maybe there's a world where someone manages to protect Isha, maybe even Warwick himself. I don't know, but yeah, not looking good for Isha. Let's okay, So let's talk about Let's talk about these three episodes compared to the first three episodes of season two, which we definitely had some critiques on with pacing and the thematically, but it feels like a lot of our criticisms from the first act were really answered in this second act.
Speaker 1: I completely that's it was almost eerie watching them mm hmm. Pacing was amazing, like we're directly into every scene, moving the story forward, moving the story on whatever subplot is being depicted forward like every it just felt like there's tremendous momentum. The needle drops, I think these are the great, the best needle drops in the whole series.
Speaker 2: Like they were amazing, like that deeply connected to the story. They push it forward. Also, I would say something that I felt like worked really well here was the more obvious narrative about the oppression in Yes zorn it with Piltover. We had like a couple of discord users. Always as long as we're civil, we always welcome civil disagreements, And we had some really great, thoughtful critiques of our read of the first few episodes, and you know what I feel like again those critiques that we had, and then the critiques of our critiques were answered in this because I feel like, narratively, this is the first time we are getting a more three dimensional look at the under city, at Jinks, at what drives her, at the relationships that have led to this rebellion. Because usually we if you've listened to xtravision, you know we're usually on the side of a rebellion. But I feel like this is the first time that we really got to look at the cost of how Piltover lives. And I felt like also that it's really funny because it's very rare that with any kind of show, I feel like a shorter runtime works. But these episodes were just like NonStop action, NonStop emotional hits, NonStop power, and they were all like ten minute show off.
Speaker 4: This is the first.
Speaker 1: These three episodes are the first. Are really the first time that we spend significant time with people in the under City that aren't the kem Baron and the kem Baron's lackeys, and you really get a sense for what people want, what they need, what they're desiring. The fact that Jinks answers so many of those needs, and the desire to lift her up as as a symbol of freedom, you understand it. In these episodes. You understand why that happens because you spend so much time with folks who you know aren't uh the errors to Silko or the heirs to Silko's hench people, and we acknowledge those criticisms, but at the same time, I kind of wish we would have spent more time with oh, regular folks of the understanding.
Speaker 2: I have to say, I actually think it is a very interesting and likely I feel like will be a long discussed point of this show is like, it's very very rare to start at the top and go down. Yeah, you know, usually you start from the underdog perspective and the authorizings and you go up and you learn. But yeah, this was especially this season, where we began with this almost like Star Wars prequels level of bureaucracy and political machination and ideas about how to keep the world safe, very impro palpatine coded, and then you go underneath and you suddenly see the reality of it. I found that to be very interesting. I'm also a big Jink stand so having the focus on Jinks and this idea of Jinks as a hero instead of as a villain, I thought it was very interesting and really cool. I really like the relationship with it Issha. I also think this show needs to get a shout out because it's very very rare to have a child character that doesn't suck and isn't inherently annoying, and I think they did a great job with that. Heah, And yeah, I mean these are some of the best episodes of the whole series for me, and I'm very excited to see how people react when these episodes draw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, previous to this, the show was about this struggle between two ruling factions of two different cities, right Piltover in the under City.
Speaker 2: But you make a great points about the ruling factions.
Speaker 1: The ruling factions, but in chapter two, season two, in these episodes, it has become about disaffected people within both factions who are just like, we don't want to do this anymore?
Speaker 2: What else? What is? What else?
Speaker 1: What else can there be besides you know, endless warfare and oppression, Like what's the other way? And you're seeing with Jinx and v it's it's like each other. It's that sound family thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is.
Speaker 1: You know, a tremendously affecting type of story that I just I love. Yeah, And it's very it is very interesting the perspective they started with, because it really was this is about the ruling factions, and you're so steeped in the propaganda of both factions that it's hard to find like.
Speaker 3: The true.
Speaker 1: Story and it's it really is an interesting narrative choice to like to start you so immersed in the propaganda of both factions.
Speaker 2: Well the episodes that peel away at those layers and like let you see the real people. An a massively important point which we will have to tag in. The super producer with the high hair, which is our tallest, the tallest of all of our hair. He gets the means he gets to say on all things hair status, Aaron, let's talk about the hairstyle in this in this set act because there are many.
Speaker 4: Victor your thoughts on Victor, so Jesus Victor shows up and he not only is like a little more into his character of Messiah, he also the hair is serving a lot better long.
Speaker 2: This is looking looking more alive looking.
Speaker 4: It's very much your typical creative character in a video game. And there's like two long hair options. One of them is this one that Victor. It's a classic.
Speaker 2: It really works.
Speaker 4: What about Violet, Okay, Violet in the Disco, as I nicknamed her in the doc is a d I hate it. She looks horrible, the oily black hair with the with the I mean the black eye shadow on it very and the crow not.
Speaker 2: A not a fit?
Speaker 4: Yes, right, I this is maybe the one thing I agree with Caitlin on in this act. Caitlin was like, you look like a you look at oil, grease or whatever, and I am all for that. Violet a d D for Violet.
Speaker 2: Okay, what rating does J skeet?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I was not one of the thirsty J's heads in season one. He was kind of one of those characters that I just felt like they wanted him to be important and I just didn't care. Care about the beard.
Speaker 2: I care about the beard.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you plus for the beard plus Yeah, B plus B plus for beer.
Speaker 2: Okay. Savika, she is one of the coolest character designs and she rocks a new hair style in this season.
Speaker 4: What you're thinking, Yeah, maybe this is a little influenced by how much I like her after her like cooperation with Jinx, but she has now like the parted hair longside as long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna give her a B.
Speaker 4: I think it's like when she showed up in Jinx's Layer with Issha, I was like, Oh, she looks good. I like this. Yeah, she's grown and matured, so yeah, she gets a be. She's not as high as Jase, but she's still pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of Isha, what do you think of the blue locks? Like, what's the vibe you like in him?
Speaker 4: Amazing A plus plus plus plus Issha. I mean, Isha broke my heart with this, this whole act and the blue hair that whole scene she does the one little braid for her. You know, there are a lot of great This show has always been about parental moments, and there's a lot of great parental moments in this because we have Vander and Warwick, but the jinx Issha sister parent dynamic amazing and I loved Esha and all of her glory and this maybe potentially her final acts, but this.
Speaker 3: Act was so good.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Aaron for being our hair correspondent very anytime. Part of every Dystopian show is how good the hair is, and this is a show with a lot of good hair.
Speaker 1: Coming up on Extra Vision tomorrow we kick off our do Prophecy coverage extras. Thursday, we're sharing some of our swords in Sandals movie suggestions in honor of Gladiator Too, and then.
Speaker 2: Friday we're getting into the Arita to.
Speaker 1: Talk about Ridley Scott's Return to the Coliseum Gladiator two.
Speaker 2: That's best episode, Kiss a Man, Let Him do It. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Bye x ray Vision is hosted by Jason Kensepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts. Our executive producers are Joelle Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi On Disco Moderata