Speaker 1: We say, if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my Roe Flame, come in with last and come in with you love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop.
Speaker 1: A knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 2: What's up tests?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut up, and kick it and at the end we leave it with just a lifted spirits. But you want to revisit so your first second listen, Jim, folks, So it's left, oh folks, that.
Speaker 3: We dig it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Cain no fish do what you do, No peas do what you do.
Speaker 1: Cain no pis do what I do.
Speaker 4: This is comedian Same Monroe, and welcome to this week's episode of Laughing Larnt. Yes we are two days late, but y'all still with us, and we appreciate it.
Speaker 3: We had stuff to do.
Speaker 4: Bobby had a North Eastern I had a baby and a pregnancy and all of that, and we had something to do.
Speaker 3: But we are That was a joke.
Speaker 4: But we're here now, ladies and gentlemen, and we're glad that you are here to us. Hi you, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: What have you been up to?
Speaker 3: No, it's what have we been up to?
Speaker 4: Did you see that we have made the cut of women of Black Effect Network?
Speaker 3: Did you see that? Bobby?
Speaker 2: Well, yes I did. I'mre incentive to us, and yes I I almost I almost had a stroke.
Speaker 4: That's very Uma would be so pleased you the only look. Doctor Umar will be so pleased. You're the only snow bunny in the picture. I love it.
Speaker 2: I told you, I higher. I hope they keep it up.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought that was great. Thank you Black Effect for seeing us.
Speaker 4: Listen, we're coming back for season five, and I'm telling you it's not only because of you guys.
Speaker 3: It's because of Black Effect.
Speaker 4: And it's this truth that's coming out being Bobby's mouth about being an American citizen in this crazy country.
Speaker 3: But we're gonna get to that in a minute. Bobby, we lost somebody this week. Who do we lose?
Speaker 2: Oh, we lose a couple. We learned, we lost a congressman, but we lost Norm from Cheers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, George Wins went, uh huh, you went to the bathroom, but he went to heaven right now?
Speaker 2: He went to heaven and his bad he would they found him inly. I mean a beauty terrible for the family, a beautiful way for for someone to pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to transition.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's absolutely wonderful. And we lost Jerry Conley. He was a Virginia Democrat. He had a sophag jail cancer. He made the announcement in November, I think, and said that he wouldn't run another term. But I don't think they were expecting him to go to go as as quickly as that which is well.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace to both of those men.
Speaker 4: Uh shout out to both the families from us. Our heart goes down to you because death is death is death is never ending. It's going to continue to go so and we all it's a walk that we will all take. But uh, I love George went on Cheers though, Bobby, because I did love Cheers. Percy Alley was She wrote, I loved Kirsty Alley.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, my got talking about cancer and going and I actually want to mention my friend Ifi and Nigaz. I went to her funeral today, forty seven years old, died of colon cancer. She was fighting it for I think about seven years. Her family said five, but it was two years before COVID. And she's got an eleven year old and a sixteen year old and they were little when she got it, and she was just trying. She wanted to get them through high school. That was her goal. I'm all cried out, so I don't think I'm going to cry. It was a tough day. But get your colonoscopes people. I'm still I still have to get mine, so I want to talk. But to think somebody, I think she was like forty when she first contracted it. So you've got to get your your colon oscar base.
Speaker 4: And you see it affects everybody from the rich to the poor. Because now I belove it. President Biden has been diagnosed with stage what nine colon cancer?
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's what Trump said, and his son said stage five and the sun was even funnier. He wanted to know why don't Jill Biden didn't find it like she was going to have her fingers up for her husband's ass.
Speaker 5: That's that would be or Diddy, right, Uh no, there it will be.
Speaker 2: That was You know, she's she's an educational PhD. You banana head, She's not an m D. And and he hadn't had ASA since seventy four. A lot of doctors go that route. Once you hit seventy you're sort of over the you know, the danger area. So everybody wants to know how it got so far and why no one they didn't find it because they don't test for it. It's like women don't have mammograms after a certain age.
Speaker 3: They say, we definitely want to pray for president by that's our boy.
Speaker 4: That's our boy. Over here. You say, I got my como the t shirt Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Yep, And I am And I feel really bad for him. I saw himong the view He's he seemed good, he was trying to be really cognizant of speaking. But on the heels of on the same day there's that Tapper book that came out. I'm so disappointed with him. I'm a big conspiracy of people hiding his condition. What conspiracy. We all saw it, sorry, Jake, just like you did. And if you were reporting on it like you should have been a year prior, he would have got out and Kamala either would have had a chance or we would have had a better candidate in there. So I'm a little disgusted. I'm boycotting that book.
Speaker 4: And I think he I think he's trying to sell books too, because and he was the one who would like were sketchy about President Biden's cognizance when you clearly you have seen trumpet blining and you won't comment on that because of your fear. It is it is. He has everybody so free. Bobby, Oh my god, it's just it's just sickening, Like, yeah, I don't know why I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's got cameras in people's houses. I've said to you before, I loved my life out loud, so you got nothing on me. And if you want to show my giant, dimple irish ass, good luck to you. You're not going to get any far, very far. But Jake Tapper, I'm disappointed. And CNN Hawk in that book is like girl Scout cookies. I don't know if they got that magical chair with the little pink umbrella with the fringe on it, if they sell so many every single person twice during the show says, wow, Jake Tapper's coming up with that book. I'm a little at this point, who cares? How are we moving forward, Jake, that's all I want to know. Develop a plan, how we're going to make things better, and let's go from there. Let's not relive. We all know, we all know what he had. I don't think he's got dementia. I think he's old. I think he has good days and bad days. I've seen right after that, that disastrous debate, he went back to his team and was trying to make them feel better as sharp as attack, and it was like the middle of the night. So I think he could have done his job. He would have had a tough time, but I don't think he ever planned on actually doing the four years. I think he was going to do a year and then give it to Kamala. But that's just my two cents.
Speaker 3: Your two cents figures was about ten cents. It took you that long to get all that shit out. Good God.
Speaker 4: I think that Joe Biden, even if he did have it and knew before, I think Joe Biden cares so much about the American people because he see he was like an oracle. He saw what was coming down the pike, and now we're in the damn hold of the pike.
Speaker 3: Because he was trying to stop it.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, his own constituents, a Democratic party, did not align with what he saw that was coming, and that even Kamala Harris told us what was coming an unhinged power, unchallenged power, which is why he is firing people left and right, because he still thinks he's reliving the amprinted days. But now it's costing the American people. And they passed this big beautiful bill, this big.
Speaker 6: Uical bill is scary, scary, scary, scary, scary, but they they allowed this to happen to And I'm telling you who I'm mostly disappointed in is LATINUS for Trump, Blacks for trun up gage, for your women for Trump, because especially if you're not part of that one that two percent, that top two percent, because they say it's two percent.
Speaker 4: Now it doesn't say Medicaid black poor, Medicaid white poor, Medicaid Latino poor. It just says poor, poor poor. So while you think you was winning because your hate for racism, racism and his ransom was giving you the authority to speak and how you wanted to speak, would he take it from those people?
Speaker 3: He's going to take it from you as well.
Speaker 2: You didn't see that, Yeah, No, he's he's having trouble at the Senate though he's got he's got some resistance and from the old GOP real conservatives they're like, yeah, I don't, no, no, because it's not cutting down on the spending. You know, it's only going to raise it's getting rid of food stamps and Medicaid, which is it's a blip in the bucket for you know, the numbers that we need to see. It's it's putting requirements in. You have to work eighty hours a month in order to be able to get them. Some of these people are too sick to work. They're saying, the able bodied people with no dependence, that's like less than a percent or something or two percent of the whole medicaid population. If you got rid of all of Medicaid, it's not that much, you know, it's not the numbers we need to say. So no, they're pushing back. I like it. Ram Paul's pushing back. They want it. It's going to raise the debt limit.
Speaker 3: We already lost.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 3: I feel like that.
Speaker 2: It was back when I was twenty and my credit rating went down because I overcharged. Moody's take already dropped our credit rating. That hasn't happened since twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bobby, and listen, I know what that dropping your credit is. Like, I've been a plan for a new house to move because we have to move, and I keep paying all this money for credit chicks, and I know it's just doing the points and I'm like, I have one. Can't we just go with the one? But they I don't know. It is crazy where we are at. And I think that Joe Bide really knew because I don't think that he was psychic that he saw, but he knew who Trump was. He knew exactly who Trump was, and he was trying to ring the bell and sound the alarm to let us know that. Yeah, I might not be one hundred for y'all right now, but I'm way better than what is coming. And what is coming has arrived. And you cannot send this package back right but y'all could if you wanted to, but you're afraid to. You're thinking that that bo is so shiny and the content the wrapping is so pretty, and oh, I want to just put it in the corner and let it be delicate. But when that wrap, that that monster comes out the wrapping. That monster is loose and crazy and we are in trouble. America is in a grave, grave deal of trouble.
Speaker 2: You a danger girl. We just took up a plane from Cutter. It actually went through when we accepted HEGSSSPT accepted the plane. Now I heard some real staunch gops saying, oh, well, it might work if he then turns it back into Boeing, like if it's the lease and then they sell it back to them or give it back to them. That's not what's happening. He's full intention up until somebody says no to him of taking it and putting it into the library. Now we know the libraries take five to ten years to build, So what happens. You think it's gonna sit and nobody's going to be driving it for ten years and at that point he'll be in his nineties. No, it's it's the it's I can't believe we've done it. No, people don't take a pot holder, for the love of God, any other presidents, and this guy takes me.
Speaker 4: I am very disappointed in you right now. Why you just said a statement that I just want to come through this phone and just strang with you, lady some something you hope he lived, just he'll be in his nineties.
Speaker 3: Girl, don't do that. If you don't have you not seen the Simpsons, Well.
Speaker 2: You know RFA is putting all the process and bad food so he won't be having as McDonald's every day. And all of a sudden, everybody he's like, Oh, he's brilliant Robert Kennedy. And I'm thinking, isn't this what we saw with Michelle when she had her get Move program back in Obama's during his tenure. Didn't she tell people that we wanted to get the processed foods out of the school, out of the vending machines, and they were coming for her throat because she shouldn't be telling their children what to eat. Meanwhile, the child obesity rate is huge since then. Now we're only bigger and fatter, and all of a sudden he's going to take processed foods out, and it's like it's the first time that we're hearing it. So if I figure, if r FK takes aways McDonald's, he might be able to last a little while.
Speaker 4: He would have his own McDonald's built on his plane from Qatar. This is the same president that went after Hillary Clinton so hard, saying that she was taking money from Qatar and movie wo from cutter cutter, I keep saying guitar, that's.
Speaker 2: What I do too.
Speaker 4: But his family, his children are doing multi billion dollar businesses over there right now. It is and it's but you know what I respect about Trump's gangster it's right in their face.
Speaker 3: He ain't doing it behind nobody's back.
Speaker 4: It's right in your face saying I dare you to say something.
Speaker 2: But meanwhile, he didn't chut the hell up about Hunter Biden right right, who was a fraction of the money, and he was very open with it. They didn't hide anything. They kept going after the after the laptop, and there was nothing that was super secret like that. They didn't already know that it happened. But but he's still talking about that. But yet his kids are over there selling those mean coins. Oh they had a big steak. Generally, think you had to spend one point seven million or something some big event that you bought the coins.
Speaker 4: Uh, they've given and now given the public access to the highest nation in the land, to the White House, and not to come in as a tourist. If you pay enough money for this so called dinner, you could come in and, according to the Sons, actually have a conversation with the President of the United States about So that is that is not only a conflict of interest, because even if you pat people down and screen them and scan them, which I'm sure they will, people found the most precarious places to hide things in their cavities. They could do something detrimental to the president. Why would you even put him and make him so accessible as the leader of the free world. It's a money grab. Everything is a money grab. So when y'all beat up on Jay Jack are selling books, y'all president sold bibles.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but it is a money grab with him. But we sort of know that, you know, like that's he went over to the Middle East to three three of the strangest countries that he started with, not our allies, which is weird think he would go. And he didn't go for diplomacy. He went for deals. So he's right out there and he's open of it. I mean, he had two hundred guests at his Virginia golf club over that the one point seventy nine million and digital devotion they called it. But he's making I mean he's making money to handle fist. That's why he doesn't have to take a salary. He's making more money than he knows what to do with, or anybody in his family knows what to do with.
Speaker 3: For the love of God, I mean, how many generations?
Speaker 4: I know they say generation of wealth, but they should be out like generation fifteen man, now right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're exactly right. But yeah, I mean I just can't even did you see that? This is a little bit off topic, but it was something I was sort of fascinated about. Did you see that prison break down in New Orleans? Not the hell were there ten or eleven guys that got out? It just they kind of moved, moved some pipes. They threatened the I'm going to call him because janitor, they said they supposedly they were going to kill his family. He knows he's going to jail anyway, but he was very forthcoming. They've they've found like three different women that helped him. I know they found another one of the guys and there's only four out at this point. But I thought, where the hell were they going? Like, you're out, okay, now, what is there the car pick you up? You're in the same quote like what, I don't know how we haven't found all of them at this point.
Speaker 4: Listen, I knew that, you know, it's always going to be an inside job, and I think that the prison system is going to have a down that that New Orleans prison system is going to have a lot to answer for. We knew somebody assisted them, but did you see that they wrote over where they get out there too easy? That is going to a lot of people will lose their jobs. And not only would it it cause more strictness for the prisoners, they are going to be really strict on the new hires and some of the present employees, because everybody now is going to have to walk a fine land because eleven people escaped from prison one time.
Speaker 2: The guard, that's how they said. The guard like, there's only one guard. He went on a lunch break, and that's when they went, there's one guy watching this place, and he went out for his happy meal, and everybody gets out.
Speaker 4: I think those two women that helped them get out, I wanted to have many of those meals.
Speaker 3: Those three women.
Speaker 2: Now that's another one that got yep, another one got.
Speaker 3: I wanted to how many of those men had played the radio with them.
Speaker 4: And when I say played the radio and I ain't talking about amfilm, Oh, two of.
Speaker 2: Them are actually very dangerous. They're very violent, and then the other ones I don't think were violent. I think it's a jail versus a prison to begin with. And they're waiting for I don't know their trial, but it's been years for a couple of them. They were saying, I was listening to the to the governor speak about it, and you know it's supposed to ultimately stop with the governor. He said, well, it does, but this is the sheriff's office. Somehow that must be different than than what's under him.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: But there is gonna be a whole reform over this, you know, once we find everybody out. But I'm like, sweet Merry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just, oh, Bobby, let me tell you something. And I knew some of them were dangerous. Apparently they couldn't go to their family's houses because I'm sure they were all being watched and monitor and all of that.
Speaker 3: So they knew better than that, and they taught most of them.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be hard for it if they had not gotten out of New Orleans right now they're gonna be They're gonna really lock New Orleans down. My issue, Bobby, is why did it take so long for them to find out that they were missing?
Speaker 3: Because I was in jail. Let's just be honest and that's all.
Speaker 4: And they have a count, they have a damn count consistently, like every four or five hours.
Speaker 3: But they were gone.
Speaker 4: From overnight to the early afternoon, how loud and found out that much time somebody was not doing their jobs.
Speaker 3: Bobby, your heads will roll, I.
Speaker 2: Bet you well. As I said, they were talking about the guard that went for lunch, and I'm thinking how many guards. They probably don't have enough people in there, you know. That's that's the problem. And what kind of job? Who wants to be in there?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: For work that's got to be miserable work having thrown.
Speaker 3: At you all must stop it. You need a job.
Speaker 4: That would be a perfect job for you, a woman in prison with all those digga lings walking around, you ain't had no dingling in quite some time.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'd be a happy camper.
Speaker 4: You be the most bubbly, bobbily Bobby we've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And you don't know where those things have all been.
Speaker 3: I need their medical records.
Speaker 4: That's a beautiful light that you can go there and take all their medical records.
Speaker 3: You know, did you?
Speaker 2: Did you also hear? I thought this was another weird story. They're getting rid of the penny.
Speaker 3: I got plenty over here. Come get them.
Speaker 2: You'll have to bring them to one of those little machines and get rid of them, because yeah, everything's going to be rounded up to a nickel, so we're going to pay.
Speaker 3: And I know we're being light right now, but I really do want to.
Speaker 4: Get back to the disrespect and a slap in the face to our country from It's not what Trump is doing, it's what they're allowing him to do. That He's put these and the people that he lined up in positions of power.
Speaker 3: He's been playing chess the whole time.
Speaker 4: Lets you know that if they tell him no or they don't fall in gallance, he just gets rid of them. He fires them, or he has somebody fighting them. He is bringing on only people that are pushing his foolishness, because a lot of it is foolishes. He should have never been able to listen. I'm no playing of Clarence Thomas's but y'all got mad at Clarence Thomas from the Supreme Court because.
Speaker 3: He took a house and a trip and a golf club.
Speaker 4: And this man has taken a four hundred million dollar jumbo jets from our enemy or now their ex enemies, according to him, and they were the leader of their country. Was Leslie financing her moms?
Speaker 2: He is it? We don't even get me started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't want to get sued.
Speaker 2: No, no, And he himself was not was not a great guy to begin with. I'm sure that there's been some sort of change or whatever, but he's only going to make He doesn't look at people like that. It's only going to make jails. And they kind of bowed down and they're going to buy a bunch of Boeing. You know, they committed X amount of dollars to buy for Boeing and so that's what that's what he went for. But but we can't even our plane on t our air Force one.
Speaker 4: You have to ask how much dooc did Trump put in behind that after they brought into bone, how much money did he put into that? Stop A and B Bobby, how can you we accept the plane from them? Because when you when you apparently we can't trust them. We don't know what's on that plane. And again, like you said last week, it will be a lot of innocent people on that plane that they decide to do something. Left, you know, it can be one of those planes that they control it with one of these game controllers, right, they can make the plane do whatever they want to do. Because to take miloring technology, it's more than a notion right now.
Speaker 2: It's going to take hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: And you're going to pay for it exactly.
Speaker 2: You get to seek and then he's going to walk away and give it to his library like what Mongery needs to fly people around.
Speaker 4: Which is which is giving it to himself. And guess what they're going to let him do it unless they come up with another plane. I see they try to push you in some articles on impiecement, but I'm like, y'all did that twice already when he didn't have this much juice. It's never going to pass now, No.
Speaker 2: We would have to wait. It's not even we'd have to wait until the midterms. And if we can't get it sorted with the midterms, nothing's going to happen. Don't impeach unless you know you're going to be able to push it through. It just it just makes more it's more fodder for him to talk about. He's a disruptor. He's known as a disruptor. That's what he wants to be known as. So he's doing exactly that. He's just disrupting and until we say no more, that's what's going to happen. Did you see.
Speaker 3: In the words of the late Johnny Cochrane, don't impeach unless you can reach.
Speaker 2: So that's exactly. He brings in another foreign president and tries to embarrass him in front of everybody.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the president was it the sud and the black president South Africa.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sudia has its own I think he's of South Africa going on about the Africana's genocide. Do I think that things are happening to them, Yes, But as the president said of South Africa, we have a lot of he said criminality. The white people that are being killed are less than one percent, so it's not a genocide. It's unfortunately people are desperate. We don't have enough ps. You just cut a lot of our aid off with getting rid of usai D. People are desperate that's what's happening. But I loved him when he had the line and you had said it to me, and I actually saw the clip when he said I wish I had a plane to offer you. Yeah, I said, well, you know, at least he's rolling with it. Is that rama fosa rama? Anyway, he kind of he was trying to stroke the ego, but it wasn't When he saw it wasn't going to happen, he kind of rolled with it. And I said, well, good for you. But I'm like another confrontation in the Oval office looking like that.
Speaker 4: That we are privy to because everything for him is a showcase. Everything for him is a stage or TV show, a reality show.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I did love the way that the President of South Africahanda himself and Trump was that he's showing pictures of the Congo of the women being actually killed, the black women and being killed over there. This is how out of touch with reality he is, Bobby, And I'm like, y'all the people who work around him, his team, y'all see, y'all let him do the wrong stuff because they again, they have gotten to a point where it just doesn't matter about it it don't They don't care as long as they get what they want the way.
Speaker 3: They want it.
Speaker 2: I feel terrible for the Africanas if this is happening. Okay, I feel badly, but I think we have We have a lot more people that we could be bringing in his refugees that are in worse straits, and and you know, I don't think we needed those the fifty six of them, they are going through it the right way. They're not getting anything that they're all they're all having to be vetted. They're only going to get X amount. They need a plan. I will say, he's not just saying come on in and stay forever. You know, they've just gotta they come in like everybody else does. But I'm like, there are a lot of people, especially coming over our southern border, there are in dire straits, and I think fear is fair.
Speaker 4: I bet you all those Africanas coming in and have the sign of paperwork where they automatically become Republican.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, yeah, Well.
Speaker 2: A Musk has been going on about how he thinks he's done. He doesn't think he needs to finance more more stuff, and he feels like he's he's he said, I think I I've just about had enough. You know, didn't say it in a bad way, but he's going to be stepping aside. I bet it's the personalities. We gave it three months I think three. We said three to six months before it imploded, so I think we're right on schedule.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's given me the Titanic. I guess must say. I'm about to be Miley Brown. I'm getting off this ship.
Speaker 2: I speaking of ships, I don't This isn't a ship, it's a it's a boat. Did you see the Mexican boat that hit the Brooklyn Bridge? They had to speak huge high mess. No one thought to to measure their mast to see that it wasn't going to hit the lower the lower deck of the bridge.
Speaker 4: That right off And then I'm like, yeah, why you ought to take a different direction. But they say they were trying to turn it around back. Yes, the water was pushing the boat. I don't know, but six people died from there right.
Speaker 2: Too, because they were on the mash. And how the guys kind of lay on the mast. It's kind of cool looking, but I just you had to know. And even these guys, you didn't see it, like you didn't go, oh my god, it's coming. Let me get down. I know that seems there's something that seems so off about that, and it's strange. It looks like it Bailey touched it, but you know, I mean it had to have some sort of force to see the damage. Beautiful boat. But I thought, oh, I don't know what it did to the Brooklyn Bridge. I mean people traveled to the Brooklyn Bridge quite a bit, a lot of walkers and bikers and all that jazz. I don't know what it's done to that. This thing is strangest stories, the absolute strangest story. Something that wasn't so strange is do you remember back when when the candidates were running and canddate Trump said that he would stop the war in Ukraine and Russia day one, in fact, maybe even before. So they had a big powow. I think it was a week ago and Putin didn't show. So on Monday he President Trump and President Putin had a phone call, and from what we're hearing, it didn't. All the news channels are reporting didn't go so well. Putin just got up and walked off. And then they've there's been more bombing from both sides right out directly after. So I don't think he's got the swags that he's already had or the influence. Now we're talking about just walking away instead of us supporting them and putting heavier sanctions on them.
Speaker 3: Putin don't care, and Trump said, yeah, don't give a damn.
Speaker 4: He has no fear of Trump, and that is probably why Trump respects him the way he does. He's tried to put on the front United front. But I bet she's a very different conversation one on one. I bet you it's a very different conversation. You are set the topic about the Justice Department in is police reform agreements and halts investigations into major departments. As a black person in this country, that is so damn scary to me because I have black children that drive cars, and we talked about that the police will have carb blanche to.
Speaker 3: Be able to do whatever they want to do and get away with it.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing so many arrests on you know, on TikTok and on different social media platforms that some of these kids that they are arresting there at first, they're very aggressive, the police officer very aggressive with them. They are mostly black and brown, mostly black, and they are very young. I'm talking fourteen eleven, fifteen sixteen, and there's so much anger coming from both sides. But the difference is the person that's getting arrested does not have the power that the person with the badge and the gun has to. And it is very scary for me, Bobby, I just have to say that, as a black person in this country, that is very scary to me.
Speaker 2: It is scary. You know why he did it because this was Biden's picks. You know, Biden wanted police reform, he wanted education, he wanted social workers and police departments, he wanted he wanted real reform. How can we improve? And these were all everything that he was assigning, and he's just stripping it away, you know, little by little, just like he did with Obama stuff. So it's unfortunate, you know. And on the other hand, I see something happening and someone blaming Trump and then he'll go the other way. Oh, you know, he's not going to take responsibility for it. You know, of course we should have reform or whatnot. Yeah, I was very disappointed. It goes right along with the DEI and all the things that he's trying and protections for everybody that he's.
Speaker 4: There is no comparison for me for this because this one will in their lives. The I made in their livelihood, but the police haven't carved blocks they were in their lives, So there is no comparison for me.
Speaker 3: For me, and I'm not not you nobody.
Speaker 4: We we don't always agree with everything, but yeah, that to me as a black person, that is very, very scary to me because.
Speaker 3: That could end our lives. Bobby, you know what I didn't understand was.
Speaker 4: That what was that? What was we just talking about that pol police reform? It is they have to fix that. I really wish And we talked about this before on this podcast before when I said that sometimes you guys have kids, and when I say you guys, I'm talking about uh, white or Caucasian, white, Caucasian or either like an Irish police cause that's really big with police in those your nationalities. And they have a wayward nephew or wayward son and nobody can do anything with them. And then because you have a little pool, you put your you get your kid in a job on the police force, but they don't have the proper training, so they use all that crazy anger and aggression that you know that they have, that they are not in loot for this position for and you will release them onto the world in a neighborhood with somebody like me who you've never encountered, who you may never encounter in your daily life. So you don't understand me. You don't even understand when I'm talking to you in my hands. You think I'm being aggressive at you, and I lose my life. That is what is scary for me, Bobby, because there's so many untrained, not ready to be a police officer, don't know how to de escalate the situation with their tone, their temperament, and their language. They just know how to go straight to violence. And they don't shoot to hurt black people and brown people. They shoot to kill black and brown. That is what is scary for me.
Speaker 2: Well, they're supposed to shoot to kill everybody. They're never supposed to take their weapon out lists there. That's the plan that was part of the police reform. That's what Biden was talking about having the social workers in teaching them this is the way you do it. I kind of imagine like if I have I mean just being a mom, if I ever thought my son was a little off. My son wouldn't be I'll be quite honest, would not be suited to be a police officer. It's just not who he is. I would never push or want him to do it. I'd want him to do something else where he's safe, other people are safe. You know, he's not going to wind up behind bars himself because he would have done something. My son is impulsive, like he gets upset quickly, but he de escalates really quickly as well. But in the snap of a second, you can do something that's absolutely wrong. I wouldn't want that for him. So this is one Irish mom that would never do that. But it's good, honest work, you know, this respect that goes with it. It's a decent wage, although these guys usually have to do a lot of overtime or whatnot. But it's a special person. We should pay a little bit more. We should vet them better and put people who are suited for the position. And how about this, I wouldn't want to be a police officer. Look at all? This could I run down? We should also be making them be physically fit, not sitting it dounk con donuts sitting outside, Not that they all do, but you got you got to keep a You got to keep a certain figure if you're supposed to be chasing somebody down. Because I think my point of saying that is is that I think you rely on your weapon or your taser or whatever when you physically can't keep up with somebody yourself, you have to go to something else.
Speaker 4: So I think that, And let me just say that those donuts donut comments from Bobby Clifford are those of that personal perspective of their young mans.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed my donuts.
Speaker 4: I like seeing fat police eating fat doughnuts because I know they can't run at all.
Speaker 2: You gotta run, exactly, but I want inviting them to run and help me, like they'll use their other tools in their in their tool chest instead of relying on themselves, which is what you should be able to do. I love seeing some of the younger cops as they drive down. I passed the high school and once in a while you'll see a cop whether he's getting on shift or off shift, and he'll be shooting the ball with the kids and stuff. But it's good for him too, because he's keeping in shape and the key's getting to know the kids and the kids are getting to know and to trust him. I miss We used to have an Officer Duffy. I missed the Officer Duffies of the world who that we really could trust. You know, if he was going to come, he was going to be fair and if you screwed up, he was going to be fair with you, but you were going to get your punishment as well. And I missed them.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We we're living in a different, very different time. Yeah, and we cannot go.
Speaker 4: We cannot close out the show without at least not paying attention to the Diddy case. Now we're going to come back to the Diddy case because I want to say something about this big, beautiful bill I say today that they're not only cutting off Medicare, but they're stopping a hormone therapy for all ages of people who of different genders. They're going to shopt all kind of hormone replacement. And I don't want to say I told you so, but I was really trying to one of the communities. They're doing too much pushing. What's going to scare those people? They flipped it, weaponized it, used it against us, and this is going to be very sad. I never agree with hormones for people under eighteen, possibly even nineteen, but now that's up, and then for everybody that is going to be really, really scary, boy, because if you can't afford it, you know a lot of people are not working a lot of it, and some of these hormones and stuff can be quite pricey. I wish that things were different, but they are not. Now to the P Diddy situation, y'all keep asking flames, you gotta comment. I don't want to see the trial. I want to see the tapes.
Speaker 2: I thought you won't even understand them. Where is he putting them?
Speaker 4: I want to see the tapes. I want to see who's blooming who? That's what I want to see.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical.
Speaker 3: And I think that all the distractions from this P.
Speaker 4: Diddy trial, especially to black folks, they are passing bills and creating laws and moving things around. Y'all really need to pay attention. And Bobby says this every week the primaries are coming. Get us a candidate, Now, get us somebody that we're going to dissect before they dissect, because that's what we do.
Speaker 3: We're going to pick them apart for long before the Republicans do.
Speaker 4: I love that Hakim Jeffries stood up on how floor the other day and said that I don't work for you, sir, I work for the American people. If more of these politicians remember that, we might not be where we are right now.
Speaker 3: We might be in a better place, with a better temperament in this country. M amen, are you.
Speaker 2: A great But they're they're coming, They're coming. So we got to get out there, and we have to We have to somehow figure out a way to motivate the ninety million that stayed home, which is why, which is why Trump got in. We've got to get them out. We're going to get them out.
Speaker 4: Trump is going to motivate them to come to the post because he's going to strip everything that he can from him. He's going and if he can take them voting rights, he gonna damn show try to do that too. But he's going to motivate the hell out of them.
Speaker 2: Well, if you have a baby in that big beautiful bill he's got, people who have babies will get a thousand dollars that they'll put into a fund and you can watch it grow through their lifetime and they'll get it on retirement. That's that's in the idea. I'm like a thousand dogs. I guess he'll probably get fifty thousand in the end towards retirement.
Speaker 4: But girl, now with him in office, he's gonna cancel the program after he built up two enough money he wanted to take it.
Speaker 2: I'd rather than get free free breakfast, take that thousand dollars in and give them their snap give them their their food stamps for the people need it.
Speaker 4: Oh, Bobby, please let me say this before we get off the gum. I just wanted to acknowledge that we just celebrated Malcolm XUS his birthday. Malcolm X was such a powerful speaker. He died before the same year I was born. Before I was born. He died in February. What year was that, I can't remember, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't say way before, way before we were born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: He was my babysitter, and he when I listened to him, I know he was.
Speaker 3: He didn't promote violence, but he wasn't afraid. He's still for what he believed in.
Speaker 4: He stood on his integrity once he found who he was, and his joy and his passion.
Speaker 3: And his uh.
Speaker 4: He was just such a powerful person and to listen to the words that he said, Dan, and to watch that we are possibly reliving a bunch of that right now. Bobby is heartbreaking, and I know he's like all the work that he put in, it looked like it's just going away in vain because we don't take and I say we, I am talking about black folks. We just don't take us serious enough. We have allowed things to become more important, things of importance that should be important, and I think it allowed the other side or other sides to see that well while they over there acting the food, we're gonna do this over here. I wish that we could all get on the court with Malcolm X happy blady but happy heavenly birthday and Martin Luther King, just to get back to basics, because Bobby, I don't know where the hell we had it.
Speaker 3: What you said earlier America, you and danger girl.
Speaker 2: It is so we have to dust off and get our asses up to the polls.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of ass to get to a pole, Bobby, But I don't want to see you on those strip of pole.
Speaker 2: I'll get a sling.
Speaker 4: Listen, thank you, Listen before we leave it. We want to tell you thank you, and I always tell them thank you. Bobby, you tell them thank you.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you so much and we couldn't do without you. Please download and tell your friends and more.
Speaker 4: And then we are on our way to season five. We want to thank our producer, Aaron Listen. We have been talking to you guys now for four years, mostly by politics. We don't have the greatest numbers, but we keep they keep bringing us back because listening to laugh and learn, it's kind of like when you go to court.
Speaker 3: You get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Speaker 4: And I'm hoping that you are here for the truth because living in lies is a lie. But living in the truth you have to see yourself and sometimes you have to see yourself and others. We appreciate you being here with us. Follow me on all social media platforms at Monroe Flame on Instagram and Flame Monroe everywhere else. Oh by the way, ladies, I just put my summer tour up. Part of it more days to be at it. I will be in New York next month. I'm doing the Breakfast Club, I'm doing the be Et twenty. You experienced me and Sure Underwood the twenty second, I will be a comedy in Harlem and July fifth, I will be in DC at the Comedy Loft one night, two shows, And July eleven to twelve, I will be at Comedy the One, my Comedy Club in Detroit July eleven to twelve, four shows. Y'all come on out. We're gonna have the best time. I'm looking forward to meeting, greeting, and seeing y'all. We will have a good time. And where can we find you at, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: You can find me at Bobby Clifford on Facebook, Clifford Bobby on Instagram, Bobby Clifford on TikTok. And I'm going to New York so so your ice field and not for that podcast.
Speaker 3: She forgets that every weekend. Ok suck.
Speaker 4: Listen, thank you guys so much for joining us here at Left Alone only, even on our way to season five. As a model can't change, it has to stay the same because it will never not be true. Here are laughing, alarn. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why, Bobby.
Speaker 2: The mind and your vote are a terrible thing.
Speaker 3: To waste the ninety million people stay at home. I bet you he poking your ass. Now, I bet you wish you could do a do over.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you guys, We appreciate you and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Happy Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 4: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alight Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Slamming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn