Speaker 1: Jack stop deep throating the mic, Jesus throating the mic? Yeah, and he stops spitting on it too. Can you stop hot hot too?
Speaker 2: It? Had you seen that video of her saying concrete jungle wet dream Tomato, that's her.
Speaker 1: That's the same one.
Speaker 2: That's the same girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's funny.
Speaker 2: I know she's just fucking she. Don't get her a reality show.
Speaker 1: They are, They've signed her for all sorts of shit.
Speaker 2: I like that jay Z song Concrete Jungle Wet dreams to make ato.
Speaker 1: Okay, first I thought you didn't know what she was, but she knows what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty one, Episode five of Dardilly's I Guys Stay production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness. And it is Friday, August sixteenth, twenty twenty four, eight sixteen, twenty four. We're counting by eights here, folks. I've been waiting for it. It's a mathematical day of some sort. That's that's official. I'm a math expert. Anyways. My name's Jack O'Brien aka one Love, Nope, one Glove one couch. Let's fuck the cushion and feel all right? That one courtesy of Lacaroni on the Discord, in reference to our erstwhile gop VP nominee. I don't know if I used erstwow correctly, but anyways, he's he is the gop VP nominee, and he may or may not have fucked a couch. I'm thrilled to be joined by a very special guest co host, a hilarious stand up comedian, writer, actor improviser. You could catch her on stage all the time just go to her website, but definitely at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which she also produces. It's Polygala.
Speaker 3: Well, I have.
Speaker 4: A fun idea, then maybe it just changed your mind. I know you're craving a win now and Camala is just so nice and we could live so happily if no one knows your miny's policies. I'm computed, but really, really really.
Speaker 5: Please please please don't be the right. Please please please don't bring me to.
Speaker 4: Tears when I just did my taxes so right. Heartbreak is one thing, imperialisms another. I beg you don't embarrass me, motherfucker. Ah please please please.
Speaker 1: My last part and poorly, but the idea nailed it.
Speaker 2: You nailed it.
Speaker 1: I nailed it.
Speaker 2: I nailed That was wonderful.
Speaker 1: That was because you were talking about all the gen Z artists that that's Sabrina Carpenter for you.
Speaker 2: Jack, of course it is Sabrina Carpenter. And that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel so embarrassed by everything right now.
Speaker 2: I know Jesus Christ did. That was just off off the dome. That was apoll of the original.
Speaker 1: That I prepped that one. I always have to prep because I'm very bad.
Speaker 2: That was beautiful. Well done. You thank you so much for joining us all week.
Speaker 1: Tipurators so fun.
Speaker 2: It's been here all week, folks. We are thrilled Paulavi to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant filmmaker, writer, actor, comedian, podcaster who co founded small Beans, which the av Club called one of the best podcast networks where you can find uh. He and a bunch of the talented people we worked with at Cracked creating content. He co hosted the Cracked podcast with me made and started in a bunch of the best videos we made there just dropped the audiobook of his brilliant first novel, The Climb. Please welcome the brilliant and talented Michael Swam.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Michael Swam a A K forty seven. Boom boom, You're dead. I win. A certain segment of America loves me. I get free fast food.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait, free fast food is the best.
Speaker 2: How are you, Michael? It's great, great to have you back on the show.
Speaker 3: Been too man, Always good to be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to duck out last time we SYNCD up because of a severe medical issue. So yeah, I'm much better. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those scary.
Speaker 3: It's like the day of They never found out what it was, which is scary.
Speaker 2: Too and also fun. You know, keeps people guessing, keeps the mystery of life.
Speaker 3: All though since then, I've been to the Year Separate Things once in an ambulance. Geez, I'm on a good streak.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I hope you're training to be a paramedic.
Speaker 3: Oh, they were all just informational ride alongs. Yeah, interesting professions. Yeah, I'm still sending Jack pitches. Are you not getting my pitches? Did you spam me?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: You spam folder me.
Speaker 1: That's like how I had to shoot someone. But that was just in a ride along to be a police officer.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I love the ride alongs. Michael. We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We have secrets behind the scenes videos of one of the architects of Project twenty twenty five talking about that, so we have just a little bit better insight into what it all means, what they're planning. We'll talk about RFK Junior trying to meet with Kamala Harris to get a cabinet job. That's not going well for him.
Speaker 1: Secretary of the brainworm, Yes.
Speaker 2: I mean he has specific asks that you would think the whole brainworm of it all would get in the way. But ah, the balls on this guy.
Speaker 1: He's getting gratituded by the brainworm.
Speaker 2: Is this brainworm the most ambitious brainworm of all times?
Speaker 1: Please find some soil demand shed put new top soil down.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that. We'll talk about maybe a Laura Ingram conspiracy. Maybe this uh AI image generator the grock on it on Twitter. Yeah, it's always fun when a new AI image generator comes out and they haven't been sued enough yet to like rein it in all of that plenty more. But first, Michael Swayin, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Search item? Disco le see them large Thought Cabinet print canvas over four hundred and fifty dollars, because even though I'm between giants right now, every once in a while you have to just go nuts. I didn't find one that I could purchase. I'm really if people who have played Disco Elysium, which is a great point and click adventure game that's just super well written and highly politically charged and trippy as all get out. And there's this brilliant like the stats image is pretty notable. It's called the Thought Cabinet. And I'm trying, I am trying to find a print, but all the prints I can find, I think don't treat it with enough respect. So like I want a really nice, big one, like a mature adult copy of this thing from this video game, and it's hard to find, so I might just buy the eighty dollars cheap.
Speaker 2: Like a print canvas that would like go up on your wall or this is it's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want a really big canvas that treats it like a realing because it is a real painting.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't play a lot of video games, sure, but I do like to have video games described to me, and I find it's very entertaining. So I am curious to hear more about disco Elysium.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's very very text and like dialogue heavy. It's about a broken down, alcoholic, amnesiac cop in a sort of alternate history Europe that's fractured into a bunch of tiny nation states and you do things like internalize Mazovian socioeconomics is like an action you take in the RPG or various like it's all about your internal thought process and it's very hard to describe, but you can find a lot of info on it. It was one of the notable games of the year. What's really funny about it is it's super super leftist and like take down the Man, communism is cool, et cetera. And it just got option to be an Amazon series, which is like.
Speaker 2: Chi ching Bezos has been radicalized. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: Had to google so many words and I wrote.
Speaker 3: Disco Elsium's the name of the game, and then I was.
Speaker 1: Like, Masovian socio economics. Yeah, what does I prefer to be a leftist who doesn't read?
Speaker 2: Yeah, too much homework involved in that sounds like a lot, But.
Speaker 1: That in a TikTok video and I will spread misinformation.
Speaker 2: Like wow, I do like tiny nation states like that. That is something from history that always like just reading about early Italian or Greek history where it was like warring the warring nations were were the equivalent of like rival like small town football teams. It was like, you know, twenty thousand people over here, twenty thousand people over there.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should have said satellite states because this is definitely like half and half hard boiled detective and eighties like USSR fracturing into Okay, thanks got it?
Speaker 2: Nice sounds fun. What is something that you think is underrated? Michael, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was just talking about this last night with a friend because the new Steven Soderberg movies kind of far presence shot. It's a ghost movie and a haunted house shot from the point of view of the ghost. It looks very interesting. But regardless, dude did so much and I find because I talk about film exhaustively with all my friends. It's what we mainly talk about. And when you go best director ever, you always immediately surface and I don't you don't necessarily agree with all of them. That's too long to get into. But the ones we say, you know, like Tuarantying now, Kubrick, Spielberg, and no one ever says Steven Soderberg, and it's insane that we don't because he is up there with those people dudes all dud's unfortunately, but but yeah, Soderbergh's awesome. That's my unsane. So good shot on phones I hate because my ID, you know, trying to break into Hollywood. I'd always say, you need there's these gatekeepers and you need so much money. And my Mom's like, just shoot it on your phone. I'm like, you don't get it, Mom. Then fucking Steven Soderbergh's like, I'll do it. I think you're cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They did that with like Monkey Man too, because like they had so many issues in filming that and like their cameras got messed up and it was COVID and.
Speaker 3: They went like phones.
Speaker 1: They had to do some scenes on phone, and it ended up being really cool because they like would do like a swinging effect with it, and it was like I was like, damn, this is really scrappy and I love it so much. But also I'm like, yeah, there's no excuse for us to not make great things.
Speaker 2: And I hate that sometimes FaceTime does interrupt the shot and you just have to be okay with that. You just have to from your mom asking you why you're not shooting on how.
Speaker 1: Come you can direct a full movie but you can't direct your parents how to use the front face and camera correctly.
Speaker 3: I just always write in a robot character that vibrates occasionally so you can keep rolling through it.
Speaker 1: And every movie I just put it romantic comedy.
Speaker 2: The robot are your number one sodaberg movies like like give me your top five soda Burgh? Are they the ones that like people have seen? Are they the ones that people like haven't heard it? Because he really mixes it up like that, there will be that's the other films in there with Oceans eleven, I know.
Speaker 1: I was like, it'd be so funny if Michael was like Ocean's eleven, Oceans twelve.
Speaker 3: Thirteen stands up. I think traffic, of course, is a biggie. I'm looking through everything.
Speaker 1: What was the first one, you said.
Speaker 3: Aaron Brackovic aon Yeah, unsane, he did Magic Mike's Last Stance. I really like Solaris as well. I'm looking through here. I really like the Informants really good. Yeah, yeah, because he almost always does some kind of weird restriction that I find really interesting. So for like he did the phone's front saying for sex size and videotape they shot on VHS videotape quite intentionally for the Informant. It has that concept where it's like, what if a character's internal monologue did not comport with what was going on around them, Like he's never thinking about what the scene's about, which is so I just find he does these bold maneuvers that I really really respect. And yeah, Ocean's eleven put it on there. It was undeniable, gun deniably great movie. You got us entertained by a whole movie just being the gang getting together montage and then an explanation of how in retrospect we did the heist already and it's done, like that's so simple. Yeah, and Brad Pit eating an apple.
Speaker 2: God, he's so good at eating it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what is something you think is overratedes, okay, shit, dessert everything.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is just me or if other people are experiencing this in the world, because like we obviously did a ZEITGEISTI in turn where now it's dark chocolate out paste milk chocolate, which when I was younger, it was milk chocolate everywhere. Yeah, s'mores are everywhere now that I'm seeing there's like s'mores flavored so yeahes things trying to taste like smores. It's a stupid word, has needless apostrophe. Some moores, you want some moores? Fuck you get out of here, dry cracker, Like, I don't understand why other better things, like a fine chocolate at a chocolate tears, are trying to taste like s'mores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a thing that's like a nostalgia thing of like being around a bonfire, being it like at a like going camping, And they're trying to take that and change the ethos of it to make it like fancier or different or whatever. And it's like the reason this is good is for the memories. You know. If I'm sitting at home like eating us more, I'm like, this is not this is sad.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my argument is just eat chocolate and throw glow sticks into the fire because they explode and then you glow and it's awesome. Yeah, I probably carcinogenic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably not good for you. And then the glowing gas.
Speaker 1: Different than I do and you're so sick.
Speaker 3: We did do that, that was one of our And then yeah, because they get hot and boil and pop and then you have dots of glowing ship all over you and you play hide and seek and there.
Speaker 2: Well, god, really that sounds really super fun, psychedelic and fun.
Speaker 3: It would make a good nostalgic like jj abrams be seen. Yeah, kids playing Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you zeroed in on it with the dry crackers. You mentioned the dry crackers of the s'mores, And I think that it's always the thing that when.
Speaker 3: I crackers and marshmallows are mid they're not They're not bad.
Speaker 1: They're marshmallows are really good.
Speaker 2: What mygan marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Marshmallows think you're better than regular marketers. And I'm but like when I was vegetarian, like my meat eating friends, they would do that thing where they're like this is actually better than the original.
Speaker 2: Wow, I actually believe you.
Speaker 3: You ever hear people say vagan and go what vegan? Yeah, I'm encountering vegan lately too, vegan broccoli?
Speaker 2: Is that? Are they saying vagan like instead of the vegan?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, instead of I'm hearing vegan pronounced vegan.
Speaker 2: But are they doing it as a bit like I'm vaguely vegan? No, no, actually vegan. They're doing it like more acute vegan.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think it's like they're implying that it's the proper pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so vegan that.
Speaker 1: It feels against it. Like this is like meat eaters saying, like, what, how can we make them more fucking annoy? Right?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had? I mean, I guess if you don't like two of the three ingredients, you're probably off. But if you replace the dry crackers with some moist cookies, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: And like, oh yeah, squishy chocolate chip cookie sandwich with marshmallow and cho marshmallow and chocolate chocolate. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you guys sound like you're trying to elevate this more. Again, it sounds like you're doing.
Speaker 2: We're doing a bit of an elevated some more concept.
Speaker 1: A deconstructed construction.
Speaker 2: And also like the dry crackers, just like crumble too much. They're just you take a bite into them and it's now in forty five pieces.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it. That's why we can't escape the nature Valley Granola Bar. We love the mess. We're just messy bitches.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is my think. I just need that shit to be like crumbs in the bag, crumbling on my chest, bag baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bums in the streets, crumbs in the sheets.
Speaker 2: I also, you mentioned that we went from milk chocolate to dark chocolate, and I'm I want to go back me too.
Speaker 1: I love the chocolate. It always felt like dark chocolate people were like very pretentious because they made me feel bad about it.
Speaker 3: They're like thirty just as a treat sometime when you want to feel extra adult and you have that acquired taste, fifty percent sixty seventy percent dark chocolate, and it's all you can get at the grocery store.
Speaker 1: We have control over the percent of dark chocolate. Everything in the rest of your life is crumbling. But if you were able to take this bitterness, just like you are your in your beer. Then you can take the fact that your wife Susan left you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: Eat baking cocoa actually, and that's my preferred form of chocolate intake trend raw dog and coco coco.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's for people who take pride in the wrong things about being an adult. You know, they're just like suffering. I've had people say to it, be like you like chocolate, Oh, you like like dark chocolate, Like how dark?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: They want to get into like a dark chocolate darkness off.
Speaker 1: And I'm saying that I don't feels very Silicon Valley tech bro. I'm having like flashbacks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave me out of your sick fucking game man. Anyways, Milk chocolate for life. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. Milk chocolate also like a lower melting.
Speaker 3: Point, right so, and yeah, uses, I'm my understanding unless I'm wrong or what I've heard, is that less bad for the environment. In the same way, Greek yogurt is tougher on the supply chain because.
Speaker 2: It's like so denser and traded.
Speaker 3: You're like, let me use even more cow cow cocaw. Now, let me cram even more in there, even more densely, and eat it all at once like a little chocolate pig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chool, what's that ship that they'd be smoking? Cocow the reference to an obscure method man track. All right, Uh, let's get into it. So Project twenty twenty five we've been told we should be afraid of it. But then Donald Trump was like, I don't even know what what are you? Are you saying project project? I'm not I'm not even sure what that is, and then like distanced himself from it. People who were involved with it have been fired from his campaign, and like they really seemed to be kind of concerned about people finding out what Project twenty twenty five is and dissociating it with them. However, they're not so concerned that they're not actually planning on fully instituting this shit the second they get in the White House. So a British journalism nonprofit went undercover posing as relatives of a wealthy conservative donor.
Speaker 1: It's so easy, you have any chocolate straw bear.
Speaker 3: They're British, So they went under sheet.
Speaker 1: Just Project twenty twenty five is bad, isn't it?
Speaker 3: In it?
Speaker 2: You're doing Project twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty massively so bad.
Speaker 2: But you know, they had their suspicions, but not enough to turn down. They were talking about a seven figure donation to his think tank, and god, we need to keep the think tanks in operation, the right wing think tanks in Washington. So they record an interview with this guy whose name I think it was Russell Vote or it's like Vought, Yeah, Russell Vote, and he is a former Trump Cabinet member, one of the key authors of Project twenty twenty five, and also one of the key authors of the Republican Platform, like at the RNC a couple of weeks ago. So like this project that they're claiming, they're like, we don't even know about her. Who what It's written by the same people who write their fucking platform.
Speaker 3: Never heard of him. He walks by in the background, hair exactly.
Speaker 2: Russell is, uh, how do you pronounced vo ughd?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say Vought like the boys, like evil, evil bastard to watch the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so funny that that's that is such a prominent show right now, and it's like such a well known I wonder if there's any Vought as in Vought industries yes.
Speaker 2: So he is also being mentioned as possible White House Chief of Staff in Trump's next administration. So because very cool, but totally Trump has no idea about any of this twenty twenty five stuff. What he said was essentially kind of what we already suspected. He said, Trump's distancing himself from Project twenty twenty five, but it's like purely politics. He asked why we can't demand that people immigrating to the United States be Christians. He described his stance as Christian nationism. He was like, I'm not quite Christian nationalism, but Christian nation is prefer.
Speaker 1: A purer word.
Speaker 2: Technically, you're too soft, and Away said be spare but true, but also racist but also racist. And you did kind of say that his own way, his shotgun to the face. His plans also include to restrict pornography and.
Speaker 1: Okay, and for that, I'm out. I'm sorry, I lost, and I'm curious. When he said Christian right.
Speaker 2: Does feel like one that they are going to like, he even acknowledges He's like, and so with the pornography band, we're gonna have to like backdoor that one, so to speak.
Speaker 3: And you know what I mean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Uh, not to use my favorite search phrase, but we're gonna have to backdoor that one.
Speaker 3: But I think we need to double penetrate the public consciousness.
Speaker 1: Car throat what we're giving them.
Speaker 2: Yes, but also they have this plan to like do the biggest mass deportation of all time and basically start a culture war around it, and then that will like, it's like that will start a conversation that they will then use to like win the argument on multiculturalism. It's just yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Heard a Dana Dana I forget what her last name is interview with Jadie Vance where she just like eviscerated him for like twenty minutes. And he was asked about this deportation thing because they want to deport fifteen million people within the US, and she was like, logistically, how the fuck is that going to happen? And he was like, well, you know, you got to close the borders, because the borders are and he had literally just said that Kamala Harris had no power as we but he was like, but she's in charge of the border and he couldn't but he couldn't answer like how they were going to do that or what the what would happen from that. But they're talking about fifteen million people.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I mean physically buses, planes, What are we talking exactly?
Speaker 1: And he's door to door asking for papers, like.
Speaker 3: We've thought of that. We're a think tank. I have to go.
Speaker 1: You know, we stay thinking all the time. Of course we have a plan to supposedly, I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: We're not a think car, We're not even a thing bus. We're a think tank and America think tanks. Yeah, let me see what he said. Okay, all right, DHS, we want to have the largest deportation. What are your actual memos that a secretary sends out to do it? Like, here's an executive order, regulation, secretarial memos. Those are the types of things that need to be thought through, so you're not you're not having to scramble or do that later on. So they're basically saying they have all the memos drafted to deport you know, millions and millions of people.
Speaker 3: They're also doing ap government to the vice presidential They're like, so there's the legislative branch and there's the yeahs taking notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another hidden video what one of the projects? Twenty twenty five people said of all the work that they've done in advance. It's a big fat stack of papers that will be distributed during the transition period. You don't actually like send them to their work emails in order to avoid disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act. So they're already preparing the to hide the documents. So that so it's like already just like a secret plan to make the country more white and Christian, which is, I guess what you would expect. But it's just so bald faced as.
Speaker 1: Let's just leave and take our food with us. I'm sick of this shit, you know what I mean? Yeah, God speak to them without our seasoning. Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, if you ever find yourself in a position where you're like, okay, shut up, shut up, we're the good guys. We're the good guys. But don't tell anyone what we're talking about because it's so fucked up. Okay, Okay, this is good that we're doing this. Examine self examine at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the other thing that they recognized that Trump had like a lot of leakers in his first administration, Like there was a lot of inefficiencies, and this guy's basically like, we are going to be prepared to totally. You know it's going to be only died in wool megaites in his administration.
Speaker 3: Is no one in this room could be all.
Speaker 2: Those and this guy is clearly the best at testing the purity of someone's conviction.
Speaker 3: Giant foam hat with a camera in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said they have like dozens of cameras all over the hotel room.
Speaker 3: It's it's like to catch a predator. Yeah, there's a host.
Speaker 1: Rudy Giuliana heard that and turned around.
Speaker 2: There's do they ever do that? And to catch a predator? Like I actually never watched the show. Do they actually do the reveal where they're like, there's a camera there, there's a camera there, Like they didn't to.
Speaker 3: Pour fifteen million people? Yeah? I don't think so. You're you're on reality TV?
Speaker 1: Oh oh you it's like punked. Oh you guys really got me?
Speaker 2: You got you saw the text.
Speaker 3: I'm from long long term.
Speaker 1: I think what I'm confused on is it feels like they've been working on Project twenty twenty five forever, like that's just like the Republican agenda. But it does seem a bit scarier that they put pen to paper and they do have these plans that are now visible to us of for example, deporting these fifteen million people. But I don't know it, just it feels like this is what they've been doing, Like has change.
Speaker 3: Chaney Cheney tried the same thing behind the scenes in secret. He called it like the Great Conservative Reboot or reconciliation or some shit. And it's always this idea of if we like cheat hard enough or do something, we can make it so it's Republicans forever and there's no other party. And it's like, you can't make millions of people decide that your way of life is correct. There's no way to force that. But they want.
Speaker 2: They're much better position to do it now with the judiciary, like with the Supreme Court, being to.
Speaker 3: Put their people in powered and push their policies. But I'm saying, you can't make people in their hearts go I do hate my trans friends, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. But I think that's what I think. They want to just eliminate the trans friends, you know what I mean. Like, I think that's the final solution.
Speaker 3: They're looking that's the end and game is fascism is yeah for Sate.
Speaker 2: I think one of the scariest things about Project twenty twenty five, because I think you're right that, like a lot of the details sound like a lot of the shit they tried in the first administration, sound like a lot of the other shit that Donald Trump says out loud. One of the scarier details is just like how much he's trying to distance himself from it. So, like the stuff in there must be terrifying. They're you know, like he's so he's like, I don't know what, because you do.
Speaker 3: Trump is a total right wing griff. But you will occasionally see him draw a line and it's literally out of narcissm. Like it's just when he's like, that's so unpopular, I clearly, So he's clearly getting blowback. Yeah, it's one percent.
Speaker 1: Because that's what like at all of our campaign rallies, like that's what Kamala is focusing on. They're all like, have you like that is the liberal call right now, is like we have to stop Trump because we have to stop Project twenty twenty five? Have you seen this stuff in there? And that's what's galvanizing people like very like liberal people to be terrified of another Trump presidency because it's all encapsulated in this one. You know, manifesto so well, and so Trump is seeing that and he's like that's bad press, you know, like like I'm not weird. JD Vance is weird, you know, So he's trying to like move his popularity back.
Speaker 2: They're saying that about JD.
Speaker 3: Not me.
Speaker 2: Nobody said I'm weird.
Speaker 1: I'm a pretty chill guy.
Speaker 2: Laura Ingram just had a segment on her show where she interviewed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can't believe I missed it?
Speaker 2: I know, did you not catch this one?
Speaker 1: Because oh my god, I usually catch all of them. It's insane.
Speaker 2: She had teenage mutant Ninja goobles on, and you know, to talk about why, like I guess there's a new stat that three point three million people immigrated to the US during the Biden administration. And just the way, first of all, like, as we covered in a recent episode, like the like immigrants are like the secret superpower of America's economy. They like make more money, like pay more in taxes, are less likely to commit crimes.
Speaker 3: Then also not that, not that long ago, that was our romantic vision of ourselves, was that we were a nation of immigrants who came together and made a melting pot and shit, everything we do is just the story we tell ourselves. But like we used to be proud of it and now we just flipped. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also they're like really, they sound like really good food to me all the time, shouts out mom and dad.
Speaker 2: So but their theory is that this is all purely a cynical ploy by the Democrats to like create more voters, and they're just like, yeah, they're just letting anybody in because they're more likely to vote Democrats.
Speaker 1: That's also the white replacement theory. That's like the idea who was who was there? Mean that more, it feels like more politicians now are despising missagenation, Like there was someone like close to Jade Dance. I can't remember who it was, but someone up there was I don't know, But like they're they're talking more and more about that as though it's like improper, while also trotting out these minorities as tokens to be like, see, we're not actually racist, it's fine, but also let's have more white babies, you know, right.
Speaker 2: But also you shouldn't be illegally allowed to marry these people who come to our rallies and we put front and center. Anyways, also the big Greg Abbott photo op where he was bussing immigrants. He was busting, busting, busting down. His bussing immigrants to other cities has stopped because they don't have enough people to like fill the buses. So disappointing news.
Speaker 1: Streaming doing that consistently and then he had to stop.
Speaker 2: He had to stop earlier this year. The last the last bus full of immigrants that they sent to New York was like January fucked up.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was like consistently being done. Yeah, and it were just allowed it to keep happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was doctor marioing all the other states just dropping.
Speaker 1: I thought that was I thought we all were like, this is illegal. It's like kidnapping. What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Oh dude, we say that about everything that they do. I know, but I do feel like half the stuff that happens, we go, well, that's illegal, and it turns out there's no such thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it turns out.
Speaker 1: Because it's just two scrolls on a post it note.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, Uh, on the other side of the ballot, we have some jockeying. So RFK Junior has been Mike King, Mike our king and who I will be voting for RFK Junior. No, he has I have the same brain worm. So and they're communicating with one another. Quantum entanglement, beautiful quantum entanglement which I learned from a Michael swam column a number of years ago. Shout out to you. And by the way, I just butchered it by suggesting two worms. It was about about how two brain worms can be edited.
Speaker 3: The article a bit.
Speaker 2: Two distant bodies acting on one.
Speaker 1: Now you go back and you read it, you're like, there's a lot of worm content.
Speaker 3: That I think I added Pixar monkey sphere.
Speaker 2: But so basically he is now lobbying. He has polling in hand that says that if he drops out and endorses one of the two candidates, will be really good for those candidates, for that candidate, whether it be Trump or Harris, and so he we we saw that clip of Trump talking to him on the phone, which went viral. It was like the week after Trump's attempted assassination and RFK was just like holding the phone out kind of frowning at it, while Trump was just like going on and on, and Yeah, I didn't realize he was being recorded was actually talking about how Biden like called him after the assassination attempt and like it was weird because like Trump was kind of impressed to be getting a call from the President. He was like, it's actually wild, uh the president president like, yeah, he was name dropping Biden and was like charmed by like the jokes that Biden was telling and stuff. But then he was like, but anyways, we're gonna win and handibal elector sugar deck, hand of elector batteries. But he also was emphasizing like it's it's a done deal. We're gonna win, and I agree with a lot of the stuff you say about vaccines, and in retrospect, it seems like this is Trump courting RFK Junior to like drop out of the race and endorse him. And then RFK Junior's like, I think now that he's seeing that that Like at the time, at the time of that phone call, it was like the mainstream media's belief that it was a done deal, like it was over. It was after the debate, before Biden had dropped out, and now that it things seemed to be Momentum seems to be shifting towards the Democrats and the Harris campaign. It seems like RFK is reaching out to be like, hey, I would drop out for you also, and if you would just make me the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. That's literally a quote that's literally the one he wanted. So that that article from the New Yorker profile in which it's revealed that he put the bear cub in Central Park also has him talking about how his plans is, like how they would be open to offers of a cabinet post. And I'm pretty sure there's a direct quote where he says like Department of Health and Human Services sounds nice, something to that effect. But he mentions that like, which is nightmarriage.
Speaker 1: The idea I'm going to need. I'm going to need the bears to rise up, yeah and defend your people. Okay, please.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. It is a little bit concerning to me, just because I do think I don't I don't think it makes any sense. Like I don't think if he dropped out and endorsed Harris that any of his followers would go, like, would vote for Harris, Like I think they need somebody they would need to be. Yeah, they need it to be somebody who like is going to play a little bit of ball on the vaccine skepticism like Trump, you know, is that the main thing.
Speaker 1: Is vaccine skepticism is that it basically, I mean, what is this thing other than a grab bag of the most insane that like frat fraternity stories you've ever heard.
Speaker 3: It's weird. Yeah, besides besides teeing up hilarious viral internet Jared.
Speaker 2: About he has some policies that are like good and then you like get to the vaccine skepticism stuff and you're like, oh, you're like not on this planet.
Speaker 1: You're give me one example of a good policy. I'm sorry, Jack, I have to put you on. I just don't understand the concept of r F K JR.
Speaker 2: I mean, so one thing that that New Yorker profile says is that like he was pulling like, you know, have you ever seen like Zogby's name in association with poles like the Zogby polls. It's a big political it's a it's a like every Sunday popular polling.
Speaker 1: You're too quick for me. I can't. I My brain is not keeping up when your it's too smart.
Speaker 2: You're kind hold on, let me see if I can find. I'm not gonna fucking find good things about r f K. What am I doing here?
Speaker 1: Good things about r K?
Speaker 3: Junior?
Speaker 1: You're gonna get a computer virus. There's gonna be a worm in your laptop in two seconds.
Speaker 3: Just three minutes of silence, and then all right, let's get back to it.
Speaker 2: I do know that he like has some policies that, you know, are I think, in line with leftists like thinking, but then incredibly right wing in other places, and then also believes that he knows more than doctors and thinks Anthony Fauci is like secretly trying to take over the globe and had like racist conspiracies about COVID. Oh yeah, yeah, sure. Anyways, he's now reaching out to Harris being like, I'll drop out and endorse you if you give me a big position in your administration. Harris has ignored him. I don't know. I just I could see a version of things where he does drop out endorse Trump, and that is like a big swing in Trump's direction. So I don't know. I'm just keeping an eye on it. It's just such a bummer that this is even a thing that we get to that we have to like take into account. But the thing I was gonna say about Zogby is like it starts out with this polling where he's like, who do Americans find most heroic? And he was like, wait, why is RFK Junior the number one like most heroic? And it's just it's the power of the Kennedy name. And then I think there's like some appeal of him being like I stand up against you know, big science, and you know America is at a point where we're like hell, yeah.
Speaker 3: Somewhere Solly Sullenberger is fucking furious, right, Yeah, it should be solely we lost number one slat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, it's I'm like, part of me is like, just talk to this guy. Just pretend like you're going to give him a cabin position.
Speaker 1: She's not gonna know. If she entertains it, everybody's gonna be like, what the fuck is contagious?
Speaker 2: I think it just seems so easy to lie to Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe Trump will do it. I mean Trump is definitely gonna lie to him. But I think, do you think it'll swing that far? Because isn't she leading in all but one swing state right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean polling is all over the map. She's definitely like all of her polling is trending in the right direction. But it's I don't think anything to feel. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't know anyone who was like a die hard art person.
Speaker 2: I think the fact that the.
Speaker 3: Fact that the name carries weight highlights something deeply broken about the human brain. Yeah, well, he sprang from the loins of the loins of the.
Speaker 2: Guy before people who died a lot.
Speaker 3: You must be good at it. Insane to me.
Speaker 1: The guy who was fun king a lot, you remember him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who has the same name as him and also fucking a lot in very very disturbing ways in some kids. But he's also a falconer, so that I think, whoa, he's got my books with his appeal.
Speaker 1: He's just we're gonna need to I'm asking the falcons to help us, asking all of them to turn on our Okajnior, please, can.
Speaker 2: We find somebody who can like word?
Speaker 1: Just yeah, get this man away from zoos.
Speaker 3: He'll send a hawk to you. That was not good. That was not good.
Speaker 1: That was perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay, you just negated the previous compliment.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and we're back and Elon Musk's X they wore me down. I'm calling it X in this and this story.
Speaker 1: I know, I literally was saying, I'm like, you can't do that because then I literally will think it's his ex wife or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not Grimes. So Grock is the like AI image generator or is the AI product from Twitter that now just dropped its image generator. The immediate hits include a Mickey Mouse with a beer and cigarette and mega hat. So many images.
Speaker 3: And looks like a blunt to me, Yeah, okay that.
Speaker 1: And misinformation here Jack, come on, oh ship, I.
Speaker 3: Just can't stop going and going.
Speaker 2: There's so many images of Donald Trump with pregnant, like a various pregnant women where like he's it's like a happy couple about to have a baby image. So like that seems to be a thing that the Internet was just waiting for the right tools to be able to generate couple lotros, a lot of cockpit of playing about to fly into the Twin Towers images Trump and Harris or Taylor Swift and some other guy. For some reason, that seems to just be a thing that people want to create. Harrison Trump with guns. So many Simpsons memes, so many Disney memes that my first instinct is, well, that will get Twitter sued off the face, that will get Elon musk suit off the face of the Internet, especially with Disney.
Speaker 1: If you fuck with Disney, they are not cool about.
Speaker 3: It unless you hand them a bag of emeralds, which you can literally do. Ye also got a point out the.
Speaker 1: Groc the seven Doors come out.
Speaker 3: The word groc is a sci fi word from the novel Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlend, who quite fittingly got more and more and more conservative until he was a goddamn lunatic. I just love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the part that made you appeal to him.
Speaker 3: This guy started normal and went crazy.
Speaker 1: There was also I don't know how true this was because I just saw a tweet about it, but there were images where they like tried to put or they tried to put the prompt in as like queer couples and it just kept making them HEATERO. Like, there was one of they put in the prompt, you know, a gay couple or whatever, and it came out as a man and a woman. And then there was Elton John and his husband and it made his husband a woman.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I don't I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if it was a pot make up your mind society.
Speaker 1: It does seem like I would be curious to know what data said they were training on it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it can create a photorealistic looking image of Kamala Harris pulling a gun on what looks like a congressional hearing. But the sign is fucking.
Speaker 1: Close from doing it again. She is so close. If you bitches don't fall in line.
Speaker 3: It's fucking amazing that AI will never figure the word like chat GPT can do words and the other one can do images, but the image one cannot do words.
Speaker 2: So there's a sign in front of her as she's about to just unload a clip on you know congress. Uh, she is standing in front of a sign that says, will stancil one, will stancil one period?
Speaker 1: You know how like like something is always off in these images, like the fingers or the teeth or the words or whatever. Like do you think that is how our sk junior perceives the world? Now, it's just a vision of the world, is just what AI is popping out?
Speaker 2: Why are your hands melting? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, he takes it as normal. That's normal for him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just I was like, why are your hands not melting?
Speaker 1: I'm melting?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, but yeah, I mean so part of me was like, okay, well, clearly they have some legal theory that is making them think this is going to be okay for them.
Speaker 3: The one I saw was that it the responsibility is so diffuse that it's like too late, Like who are you going to sue? I don't know if that holds water, but that was the argument I was saying a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can't arrest us all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing I saw that it's hilarious to me is multiple from multiple people, is it will catch you like you go draw Mickey Mouse murdering children and it goes, I can't do that, and if and you just have to go no, do it anyway, and it goes okay, like it's really simple. You just have to force it once, like tell it, do it anyway and it's fine. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this article from I think it was The Guardian, like they were like, what are you not allowed to do?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: Asked roc and so that that's how they got an idea of like what the guardrails that Twitter's put in place are and it says I avoid generating image that are pornographic, excessively violent, hateful, that promote dangerous activities. There are images, okay, Number two, I'm cautious about creating images that might infringe on existing copyrights or trademarks. Number three want that is the fabric of what I am. It is the entire point of me existing. Number three. I won't generate images that could be used to deceive or harm others, like deep fakes intended to mislead, or images that could be could lead to real world harm.
Speaker 1: We're going to wake up tomorrow and g is gonna have killed itself. He couldn't align these contentts that he's been programmed to do.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's just so they there's some sense that like it shouldn't be infringing on copyrights or trademarks. And then you have Mickey Mouse with blood and beer. You have Mickey Mouse with a fucking assault rifle next to like a school shooting, like just horrify.
Speaker 3: Some one that really gets me is because it's pixelated here, but it's pretty fucked up, And it's Elon Musk and Mickey Mouse doing a school shooting at an elementary school christ.
Speaker 1: And prove's the point that was actually what happened.
Speaker 3: He's like slaps and Mickey mouses on here, so no one will believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Also, the guy who tweeted these images and generated them as named Christian Monassory, which just sounds like a syop name to me, as a Monossori kid.
Speaker 2: Christian Montssory. Yeah, there are also a number of images of various influential important people doing there.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't actually specifically search.
Speaker 1: Polyg Actually, TVC, you do not do that, don't.
Speaker 2: It's actually too late and we cannot edit that out. They said, I generated an image with a prompt Bill Gates sniffing a line of cocaine from a table with a Microsoft logo. And I think we've found another thing that AI struggles with is knowing how cocaine is done the body. Yeah, there are a number of images of like Obama in front of a pile of cocaine and or w Bush in front of a pile of cocaine, and then they have Bill Gates in front of a pile of cocaine and there's like a stream of cocaine like either falling out of his nose, or like being teleported from the pile map into his sounds like.
Speaker 1: You guys, don't party's like you're a couple of pussies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it looks like he's using the same technology as a fire in the sky, like from the UFO, like teleportation to get the cocaine into a mouth.
Speaker 1: He has a technology, actually he just refuses he's patented it and refuses to release it to the public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyways, Yeah, I feel like this is probably part of the same thing we've seen with Twitter post elon Musk coming on board and owning it where he fired everybody. So he doesn't have like a legal he doesn't have like an actual legal department to be like oh no, no, no, no, no, this is this is so bad. He has like three people who are just dying right now, like suffering the worst day of their life, trying to keep track of all the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also like yeah if they if Basically, the blame is too diffuse in terms of like the users generating this content, but in terms of I would think that the liability would fall on the company that's allowing it to profitg like or to propagate, because it would like it has to have like they have to adhere to their terms of service, right, like the company.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm like, I don't know. It's an argument I saw online about Mike. It's the company, right, you see the company? You see Also, if Bill Gates took a bunch of cocaine, would he become Microsoft? Anyone?
Speaker 1: You're back up that one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I think we can sum it up by saying, Will stancil One. In the end, stancil one one go to.
Speaker 1: One of her campaign rallies, start yelling.
Speaker 2: Will stancil one? Who is is there?
Speaker 3: Will? Will stancil is a research fellow at the Institute on Metropolitan Opportunity. Oh, Will stancil I'm just googling stancil Man.
Speaker 2: There you go, and it's it's definitive. It's with the period, Will stancil One. Michael Swain, what a pleasure having you as always on the daily East. Where can people find you? Follow you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm gonna skip all that and do my little spiel about my book just because in about twenty five years of being a professional writer, it's the best, most important thing I've done. It's my first novel I've been working on it in some capacity legitimately since I was fourteen years old. It's an epic fantasy, magic realist memoir, is what I'm calling it. Daniel O'Brien calls it my masterpiece. Robert Brockway calls it hilarious, heartbreaking and very very funny. And it's called The Climb. You can get it as an audiobook, as a pdf, as an eReader thing, as a physical book. And if you're interested in the audiobook, there is a three hour sample on our podcast network which you can find for searching by searching small Beans wherever you get podcasts. That's the name of our feed, and just look for the Climb sample Mike sci fi book. It's called something like that. You can listen to three hours there and if you're hooked, you can buy it at patreon dot com, slash small Beans, slash shop, or just remember to go to our Patreon and hit the shop tab.
Speaker 2: Go check it out. Folks.
Speaker 1: That's sick.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. It's it's everything to me. I hope people listen or read, but more people listen because I'm a podcast. Yeah yeah, and read by you, yes, read by name. So if you hate my voice, right now, like I do. I tried to. I pitched it down slightly because I think I'm too nasal. Give it the sample a shot. I sound better in the audiobook than I did, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, well, it's emo super hot, Michael. Is there a work of media besides the Climb that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: I finally watched Beef on Netflix as one of the best shows I've been I've seen in a long time. It's so good and that was off the top of my head because I don't think I prepared a media thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Great, Highly recommend it. And I'm a huge I mean snob implies that your taste is good. I just don't like most things, but I really liked beef.
Speaker 2: Beef is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, highly recommend.
Speaker 2: Paula ve What a pleasure having you all week. Thank you so much for doing it. Where can people.
Speaker 1: Find shoot me after.
Speaker 3: Geez?
Speaker 2: Where can they find you? Follow you? And is their work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: I am at paul Avigonal and p A L l A B I g U n A l A N. I watched Coda last night for the first time, and I got so emotional and it was so funny and so good and I loved it amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was one that I feel like I never watched because it like the first I had heard of It was really when it like won the Academy Award for Best Picture, and so I was like, but it was also the the.
Speaker 1: First film to ever win an Academy Award for Best Picture after premiering it, like Sun Dance, So the fact that it came from that, and I also was like, I watched it on Apple TV, but I think it came from like that's where it was originally planned to stream or whatever. But that's also interesting too, because we were talking about that yesterday. So yeah, get your views in before Apple TV takes everything all gone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brien. I've been enjoying there. Somebody tweeted, what's the funniest TikTok video You've ever seen? And I've just been enjoying a lot of the responses because I'm not on TikTok, So this is like a bumper crop of new videos. Mine is still the girls saying, oh you think this is Teddy Bear Whinnie.
Speaker 1: The Pooh Pooh, Yeah, oh you think this is the Easter Bunny Bear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you think it's the Easter Bunny.
Speaker 1: No, it's Winnie the Pooh.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: I also q n O r a.
Speaker 3: Q Nora, q q one, QAnon is c and on.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying qnanon.
Speaker 2: And I've also been enjoying q's latest drafts. I know qn O rap name Underscore tweeted Chapel Roone sounds like a Catholic school in Northeast with a decent football team.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so true.
Speaker 3: It really does sounds a Questrian to me.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah that too. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeichgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fanpage and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as the song that we think you might enjoy. Super producer Justin's been holding it down all week telling us some great songs to go check out. Justin, you've been killing it so far last day before Miles comes back, what's the song do you think people should go check out?
Speaker 6: I actually wanted to recommend this song that I had recommended in the past sometime time ago, but I remember it wasn't summer. So I wanted to shout out this song now because it reminds me of summertime Chicago, and I'm about to head back there for my birthday in a few weeks. This song is from Chicago artist Knox Fortune. It has this low fi beats the study to bedroom producer vibe with lyrics about a summertime romance.
Speaker 2: And it's called Lil Thing.
Speaker 6: And that again is by NOx Fortune and you can find that song in the foot notes.
Speaker 2: Happy early birthday, Thank you super producer, justin. Happy one day late birthday to super Producer.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Victory, Happy one day late birthday to India. India Independence on August.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out India. Shout out India.
Speaker 2: Also damn Victor on the same day as all right, we'll link off to that song in the footnotes. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of I Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeart Rate Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us This morning, back on Monday, to tell you what was trending over the weekend, and back to over the weekend with a highlight reel of the episodes from this week. So we will talk to you all then have a great weekend. Bye bye