Speaker 1: Speaks to the Plannet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of Charlamagne to God, and guess what. I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions, mand B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast with taking Jay Valentine. We got the Women of All Podcasts with Saturay Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect Marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Unplugged. This week's episode is brought to you by DraftKings. The Crown is Yours. First up, Nick's lose to the Warriors on Saturday and dre Mond was on Towns's ass to further discuss this us back and forth. Let me bring in someone who wanted to change his names. But the fans voted and they said, fuck that, welcome to the show, the neighborhood hater. The fans are spoken, bro. No, they did absolutely did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, first of.
Speaker 3: All, I've never heard LA's finest, and I've been around you for more than half my life. I had to look back at the numbers. The fans said, No, neighborhood hater. Hate fits you. It is what it is. Your hater is with love sometimes I see that. So, yes, it got me here. Yeah, I guess, so we're here now. Yes, indeed, did you get a chance to see the Knicks Warriors? And in Draymond's antics with Cat.
Speaker 1: I did, and thoughts Cat fell for all that shit he did. Draymond did what he was supposed to do. He does it to everybody he does, you know, and I've got a feeling he doesn't fuck with Cat like that. Uh huh. But you know who won that game.
Speaker 3: Let's trace this back a little bit, because obviously a week or two ago, Golden State goes into Madison Square Garden, and Cat doesn't play. Draymond on his show with b D says that Kat was running from the smoke, comes to find out that his girls' family someone had passed, and obviously you want to send condolences out to everybody, and obviously death is a tough pill to swallow. But whether it was running from the smoke or legitimately you know, wanted to miss it, it gets people talking. And now fast forward New York comes back to Golden State and Dre is on his ass.
Speaker 1: I love Cat.
Speaker 3: I think Cat is probably one of the most talented players in the league. But his issue is he's a cat. He's not a dog. Still skilled, still will be a Hall of Famer, still an All Star, but he's just not a dog. And I think Draymond can see that and sniff it out and he attacks.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's Draymond's job to do that. Absolutely, He's one of the greatest to ever do it. At that we sit here argue about his drama going to the Hall of He is first ballot? Is he first ballot? I think so? Under ten thousand points. I think so.
Speaker 3: Four time champion, two time Olympian All Star, defensive player year one of the greatest teams of all time. I think first Battle is stamped.
Speaker 1: Times have changed drastically, is all I'm saying. I mean, it's the truth, like times of change.
Speaker 3: I think if you just look at his statistical numbers, people would question that. But I think you look at the accolades and what he's meant for that organization. I think that puts him over the top.
Speaker 1: With you. I don't want to hear no ship later on you're my dog because he's someone will slap you too. Hey, I'm not trying to fight with Draymond, so you better, you better you're talking about him.
Speaker 3: But also again, uh, and I don't know, now, did Cat take offense to this or people are trying to make it seem like he took offense to his team, to his team. Now his team's dapping out, No, his team dapping up Draymond after the game. So the fans stirred it up. Okay, so yes, so yeah, so that's an interesting thing. I mean, and we got to talk him before the show, Like obviously Draymond has smoked with Cat. New York loses Cat heads to the locker room, and then you see a bunch of his teammates dapping up Draymond me and a old school meant the touch of yourself. What does that tell you if you see something like that? This league is soft and it's changed.
Speaker 1: And I got to see you in the locker room about it, Like you think pat Riley and all that is going for all of that shit from back in the day. No, no chance.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I'm to the you know, I was someone who lost probably six hundred thousand dollars worth of shit for taking up for my teammates. You know, So someone has smoke with my teammate and there's real smoke. It's smoke period, you know what I mean. And maybe we'll catch up after the game or in the summertime. So but what that tells me is like, are they really riding with Cat like that? Like if someone is dogging Cat and then after the game, the person that's dogging Cat the team is lining up and showing bro love. If I'm Cat, I'm kind of looking at these niggas like, what's what's the deal? But remember you said Cat is a cat?
Speaker 1: Cat is a cat? Yeah, so I don't see Cat really steppingto nobody like that. Okay, I love you too. Cat all right, so don't be like that. When I see you, CAT won't slap you at all. You'll be all right. They can't whip us. Might he might be able to whoop you, but he's not real quick man. Was there ever a time when someone was talking shit and a teammate had to stand up for you, or that you had to stand up for a teammate. Not, No one had to stand up for me.
Speaker 3: I was always I mean, bro, I lost again, probably eighty five percent of the money I was fine was standing up for teammates.
Speaker 1: Did they ever pay a fine?
Speaker 3: Kobe was the only dude that paid my fine. Kobe was the only dude that pay I got in trouble for Blake, I got in trouble for Chris, I got in trouble for some other dudes. The only dude to pay my fine was Cod. But again, like I said earlier, like if his smoke is smoked, like my teammates and my family, and if you're talking shit to my teammate to me and you were cool, I'm not giving you no love during that because I got to go to war with my teammate every day. I again, I'll catch you in the summertime or in the off season later that night. But if his smoke is smoked, so I just think outside looking in, we'll see what the New York Knicks do. Obviously, it's one game, it's not a big deal. Brunson was out. But at the same time, I'm kind of if I'm cat, whether I say some or not, I'm looking at all these niggas.
Speaker 1: It was dapping up to due.
Speaker 3: It was dogging me for the last two weeks, like damn that that's how y'all feel. We shall see. So I saw the Sparks are looking for some male players to get out there and and and uh give them a good look in practice, and you kind of came to mind. Actually I saw Cameron Brink speak on it and how disgusted she was of just all the sexually driven energy that came from that post. But I'm not sure what they really expected. But could I see you out there with some real sparks out there and some being gay on your knees and guarding people.
Speaker 1: I'm up, I'm up. Okay, I don't want to hear your up right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I want to. I can make a call. I mean, is there do you have any juice left in them, kneecaps.
Speaker 1: I went to get some shots up. Man, I'm ready to go. You can be a practice player on man.
Speaker 3: Who would you guard on that team, Ricky, Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: You would guard. I want on full court. Oh, man, have her back you down the whole time. No, but you know they need some physical you know they need some physicality.
Speaker 3: But people are laughing like this. This happens a lot, though, like women's teams get men, wreck players and former players to come out there and give them a good look. But I just thought, you know, as soon as I saw the question, I didn't even go to the comments. Initially, I was like, Oh, these comments are going to be fucking wild because they put four beautiful women up there to represent the sparks in which you kind of like with the perverted mind that men have. I don't know what they expected from that post.
Speaker 1: No. They need to get tougher though, and I'm sure that's why they bring them in in, right, I'm sure, Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Moving right along the Warriors fourteen and one since Jimmy Butler's been on the team, second rated defense overall during that stretch, fifth rated offense over that stretch. Jimmy's numbers are modest, but I've always you know, sixteen, six and six, but I've always said his numbers don't reflect his impact, first of all on the team he's on, but particularly that game. One thing that has stepped up during that time is Steph has gone from twenty two or twenty three a game to twenty nine, six and four shooting forty two percent from the three point line. Kaminga's back, now.
Speaker 1: How serious are you looking at the Warriors right now? Real serious? I mean, Jimmy is a beast, and plus we've never seen him when he's happy. And he's happy, No, they're getting w's and this is what happens with him. I remember telling you guys, I wanted Jimmy with us, Yeah, when they're good when we first were trading for guys. And I feel like he's taking so much pressure off of Dre and Bordell. They just playing at peace now and we're seeing it right now.
Speaker 3: I've never been a fan of Jimmy's antics sometimes how he forces his way out of situations or dogs certain people. But I've always been a fan of his blue collar work ethic when he's out there and he plays he's giving you everything, and he's happy. He's giving you everything he's got. And to see a playoff Jimmy with the playoff Steph with the Draymond, with the young Kaminga and that supporting cast. It is going to be interesting these last game We got fifteen, sixteen games left, this last stretch because obviously we see Okay See at the top. And I've said this before, this very well could be the year that Okac says, fuck the Western Conference. We've taken our lumps and we're going to represent the Western Conference. This can also be a year that one of these more experienced teams, your Lakers, Denver or Golden State possibly comes out the West. So I think this stretch run of these last fifteen is going to be fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure the top three teams don't want to see us the Lakers. I'm sure they don't want to see Golden State. Is there a big problem right now? But I see them winning the championship too, though who the Golden State? You can see Golden State winning one be only because I don't see I'm not sure about Okay See. So to that question, markusl why I couldn't go to State win the championship this year.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily disagree. I mean, I don't think they have the size necessarily, but they've never really had the type of size that you would expect from a championship team. With Looney down there and and and Davis and obviously what Draymond brings you, Steph's if Steph is out of his mind, if Jimmy is out of his mind, if Kaminga is locked in Porzinski, I mean, they have the pieces to compete. So I think this is going to be a great last fifteen and really excited for what the playoffs are.
Speaker 1: Going to bring.
Speaker 3: On the flip side, Bron went down in Boston, your team lost four straight on the road, turned the switch on Sunday, Luca and them boys really got in the Sun's asses. And before we talk about what your Lakers were able to do, Katie seems like he's fucking miserable.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: His body language is off and he's been getting into little beefs with motherfuckers. And Katie has always been someone that always risen above everything. If there's issues, Katie has always risen above everything. But I really think that owner trying to throw him in the trade because Bradley Beal clogged up the pipeline. I think it fucked Katie's mental luck and it really I think he really felt disrespected. I saw him talk I think andre Mond Show where obviously he didn't want to move things during that time, but he kind of to me left it open to like, Okay, this offseason, I could.
Speaker 1: Be out of there.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts with that just team overall? I mean, the experiment has failed, There's no question about it. There's been word that Devin Booker is verbally committed to that team for the rest of his career. You know, you got three stars on that team, and it's it's it's just a nasty team. They still have a chance to make the playoffs because Dallas is down and out, But again, I feel like they're a top heavy team. They're a team and I said this last year, they're a team that lifts only upper body and their legs are super skinny with the big old buff, motherfucking body up. Top thoughts on this Phoenix team and do they make the playoffs? And if they don't, do you see any of their stars moving?
Speaker 1: I mean I was talking about there from the beginning, like when they first came together, like volume shooters that team for surprise surprise. Oh yeah, too many volume shooters on that team for it to work. People haven't picked to win the championship, like right right away as soon as they got together. But I think their run is over. I mean, it's time to move on from those three guys and they're almost well, especially KD, Like it's sad to see him go out like this with this Mantallia beau.
Speaker 3: He's such a great Yeah. If KD were to move, do you see any particular landing space, and don't say the Lakers, nigga, Like, let's be real, you see any landing.
Speaker 1: The only real landing spot for him, I think is the Rockets. The Rockets sorry about ok I guess, but what are they going to give up to get him back?
Speaker 3: If you're OKAC management and understanding the great career start he had there and he left on kind of sour terms, but obviously one of the greatest players. Would you shake up that lineup to bring up or shake up that roster to bring KAD in for maybe a two or three year championship run.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving up chat or one of our top three guys to get him though, So if they can get him with some picks or whatever else magic they can use to get him there, then yeah, but I'm not giving up our main guys right now.
Speaker 3: So no JD, no Chat, and obviously SGA is right untradable, right, so none of those three. But outside of that, anyone else can go absolutely, and you guys can have all our picks. I wouldn't say all of them, because you guys have a lot I mean, okay, see he has a lot of but k is worth a lot of Yeah, I mean, if Bridges his five picks and and motherfucking Rudy Gobert is what eighteen first round picks, like, Katie is definitely still at this age, going to demand that respect.
Speaker 1: And but it'll be.
Speaker 3: Interesting, you know, obviously Houston's a young team with U dunk Over one of the best coaches in the league, and they got a great young core, and it'll be interesting to see what those two teams do in this playoff run because obviously Houston's still young, so they're still rolling the dice. But okay, being at the top, okay, so he's been at the top of the division the last two years, and we'll see if they're be ready to take that job.
Speaker 1: Why can't we get them? Why can't the Lakers get KD? What?
Speaker 3: What would you have to give up for that? You'd have to give up a R? And before you didn't want to before you want to give up a R. But I think he's shown you his that white boy magic on that Laker team is strong, going hard. Now that you throw Luca in that category, he's got a little uh, he's got a little pigman and him.
Speaker 1: Connect actually is balling too, man like.
Speaker 3: He still got that chip on his shoulder, bro and Connect is one of those rare four years if I'm not mistaken, college guys that came in was ready to play right away, you know what I mean. So I don't see him going to the Lakers. I don't think you really do either, but you can be hopeful.
Speaker 1: And he's not going anywhere east right.
Speaker 3: I don't know, k No, you never know a KD man, You never know. I mean, he may not go anywhere. He may end up staying in Phoenix. I don't see it, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: Braun.
Speaker 3: During his time down, he got a chance to go see Bryce up in Sacramento win the state championships. Credit congratulations Sierra Canyon Mission League, Mission League in the house, Sior Cannon got the championship out there and in Sacramento, Bron was able to catch that. And they say he's supposed to be back and possibly another week. The Lakers have four home games this week. Do you think this team is trying to kind of find something without Braun? I mean, I'm all for broun resting going into the playoffs because they're definitely gonna need him. You guys have a legitimate shot to represent the Western Conference right now. What have you kind of seen from this team with Braun out?
Speaker 1: I mean, guys are finding their place. I'm sure I watched Bron last night, just sit back and watch. She wasn't clapping or anything, just saying who the guys will be when he gets back. But to be honest with you, is the first time I realized how bad we need a Bron in games, especially at the end of games. Like, you know, we get him help all through the through the game, but at the end of games you really need him. And Luca's Luca triple double guy, right all he is is triple double all of a sudden to.
Speaker 3: Me, not all of a sudden. He's been this guy. You just didn't want to admit it. No, you first got him.
Speaker 1: True that, true that, But really now that I have to buy into our team, well just now that.
Speaker 3: You watch him, see you play, see him play every day like it's crazy. And then this idiot DeMont is still out here talking shit about Luca. He's You're the biggest fucking clown in the whole NBA. Tell him you are the biggest clown. Just shut up, Just stop talking about it, like you fucked up. Take that fuck up. But shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: You keep talking about Luca as he's continuing to obviously move on and do his thing, and you're like the X that continues to talk about Like, man, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: We go ahead. Luca's my guy, now, okay, so lucas your guy. Yeah, I'm with you all the way seventy seven. I'm buying your shoes and everything. Yeah, but we're looking good. I think when Lebron gets back and all of our guys come back, it's time to jail and get together. Like I think we're the team to beat in the West.
Speaker 3: I'm not even mad at that statement. I'm really not. I don't know. I saw Stephen A. Smith talk about something this morning on ESPN that he feels like Boston would probably run the Lakers out of the gym in the finals, and I think I kind of agree with that because they do have the youth and the experience. But he was talking about what an amazing finals would be with Lebron versus Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That'd be crazy. I mean, imagine, okay, see versus Cleveland.
Speaker 3: No one wants to see that, I don't think, with all due respect. And that's two great young teams with Mitchell and Shaye, but I don't think the ratings are going to be what they're expecting with those two teams.
Speaker 1: But Adam silver Man do the shite button? Yeah, come on, man, let's go.
Speaker 3: So you want to see Lakers Boston or Lakers Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Or they both have storylines, don't they great? So Cleveland trying to get it against Lebron? Pause you that would be huge for a television game. You can throw Gold and State in there. The storylines with greatness absolutely question.
Speaker 3: This is not even all script. But if Steph gets another ring during Lebron's watch, what does that do to the hierarchy.
Speaker 1: Of the game. Well, I don't care how many rings he gets. This man has fifty k. It's a lot of so regardless of however many rings Steph gets above him, they're building a whole new section of the Hall of Fame for Lebron. So do I think it'll wreckus? I don't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it. I think wreck You can't take away with brons diminish. But I remember, like the talk has always been like who got it on your watch?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Who got it on M's watch? Who got it on Open Shacks watch? Now, who's getting it on Lebron's watch? And if someone that came in is played similar I mean le Bron's he played four more years than Steph, of I think. But if Steph somehow walks away with five rings and Lebron walks away with four, does that strengthen anyone's argument to Lebron's greatness?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I only say that because how could you lest someone get more rings than you? Your watching guy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So and the guy that stayed in the same spot yeah the whole time?
Speaker 1: Yeah Yeah, But I don't think they'll ever let Steph move around Lebron even though they say that he's been the guy to changed the game so much. But I don't think he'll ever be able to. I don't care how many rings he gets.
Speaker 3: So Lebron is top three and if you put them one, two or three best respectable as Steph cracked the top ten?
Speaker 1: No, yes, I'm sorry, Yes, yeah, absolutely has he cracked the top ten? Com one thousand threes?
Speaker 3: I'm asking some people probably say.
Speaker 1: No, four thousand threes is crazy. Absolutely he gets five. Ooh, are you asking me if he's going over magic? Don't ask me that because I'm from a La baby and nobody's going over magic for me like that. So no, And you gotta think what magic?
Speaker 3: Only played eleven years, went to the finals nine times, got five rings, three finals MVPs. If I'm not mistaken, I'm just going off the top of my head. But that's a hell of a feet.
Speaker 1: That's her though. Man, you gotta stop playing with his name the magic. Yeah, man, you gotta stop playing.
Speaker 3: This next segment is brought to you by Rose Sparks. Is it Sparks or five? Did you see this video of scal this weekend? This dude at the park, I did, But what do you think about that? I loved it. I fucked with scal like we used to go at it in college. I used to think he was an asshole. He probably thought I was an asshole. But he's always had game. And for me, he's always been one of the most disrespected dudes. But he had super game, has always had game. This dude, Messiah is an older dude. I don't know if you want to call him a park legend, I want to disrespect them. He may be a park legend out there, but when he plays these dudes, all he does is fallum and talk shit. And Scout wasn't having none of that. Scout was ready to scrap. Have big fella throwing the ball over the fence. Skout was throwing him on the ground. Gave him my elbow to the chest, and I personally fucking loved it.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 3: And I made a comment like you guys think shit a sweet with pro players, like we were pros for a fucking reason, you know what I mean? And actually, the Messiah dude hit me and asked me if I'm next, and I said, play, motherfucker's your level?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Quit talking to me, like because if you found me like that, I'm gonna fight you on the spot. You didn't foul me, cut it out, but the way this dude was fouling scal. But I loved with Skal. Shout out, Bro. I know we're not really close or type by any means, but I fucked.
Speaker 1: With what you did this past weekend.
Speaker 3: Bro, Way to hold it down for us overtired motherfuckers and people who man just stop thinking shit is sweet. You mean we're getting older so we may not be able to move as much. But like we played in the pros for a reason fifteen years in this shit he asked me for Like, no, motherfucker, I'm not next. You want to fight now, I'm playing. I ain't trying to fight you. You weren't paying I was trying to fight you now. But I was happy for it because I think people get the misconception of guys that may be on the end of the bench or or or don't play a time like can't play like No.
Speaker 1: They're a pro for a reason.
Speaker 3: You give them an opportunity to get out in another setting and they will dominate. So I think his name is Messiah, George the Messiah stick to playing dudes that didn't play real basketball and bullying them because Scout.
Speaker 1: Gave you everything you look for, had you out there.
Speaker 3: Crying, boohooing, throwing the ball over the fence, pout and talking about fouls when all you do is foul Scott wait to bust his ass, bro.
Speaker 1: So what we just watched is the Sparks. The fire. That's motherfucking fire. Yes, a great period fire.
Speaker 3: He was a Messia might have been on Sparks, but Scout was on. Scout was on real fire and I loved it. Well, gino man, I appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Hopefully uh Bron will be back this week or by the in the next week, so we'll be talking about his comeback in the team's final ten games headed into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Shout out Row indeed.
Speaker 3: So March Madness is officially here and All the Smoke is partnering with Jimmy Johns for the Bracket Challenge. Go to DraftKings dot com slash Jimmy Johns and fill out your bracket free to enter fifty k in prizes up for grabs. Obviously, March Madness is here, and I think one of the hottest topics of late has been the NCUBLEA, the nil and these old ass men playing college basketball. And I want to make this very clear, By no way do I fault the players that are taking advantage of a situation that or the nc double A has no control over. But if you look at a team like Auburn who has an average age older than the Oklahoma City Thunder, you look at Rick Patino, who's team who is a two seed, congratulations, but he's talking about I'm not recruiting high school players. Dan Hurley talking about half his team will jump in the portal after winning back to back championships, Like, I think there's a real issue in the NCUBA, whether it be money, and we've always screamed for money, so we can't really be complaining about the money. But I just think there needs to be some sort of regulation and age limit in college because college used to be for amateurs. College used to be for eighteen year old kids coming out of high school and looking to get to that next level. And now you're seeing twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six year olds playing college sports and it's to me, it's ridiculous. And again, by no means of my faulting the athletes because the money's there and there's no regulations on it. Get all the motherfucking money and experience you can. But I just think that shit is wait. I think college is supposed to be for kids coming out of high school trying to get to that next level, and they're being washed out looked over having to go to Jac's because there's fucking twenty six year old men with two kids that are playing in front of them. So I don't agree with that. I think it's stupid. I think the NCAA needs to do something. Was always behind the curve always. They've always been behind the curve. They've never been ahead of anything. It's always been a mess. You guys need to let Jay Billis run that shit. Jay Billis is always talking real shit. You guys need to get the fuck out the way.
Speaker 1: Jay.
Speaker 3: You need to retire from your analyst job and go run the NCAA because I think you make the most sense every time you talk about it. But that's neither here nor there. Another thing that's been talked about a lot, Shaka Smart and what he's doing over at Marquette, not allowing agents in the mix to get cuts of his players in il money or collective money, and some of his top players are using him as a representative. He's not taking no bread and these guys are getting their full money, so it'll be interesting to see. Obviously, there's a lot of what ifs in that kind of situations that do you have that kind of trust in other programs? Who knows? But I love what Shaka is doing. He's allowing these kids to kind of really eat in a safe environment without predators praying over the top of these youngsters. We've been in recent conversations with colleges about doing some nil stuff and creating content around it, because we know that content is king, and these kids really want to learn how to grow their brand. So there's definitely a laye there, and I'm excited that we're going to be able to start helping some of these college kids develop their brand off the court. But let's get to what it is right now. Man March Madness one of the best times of the year. Myself and the team got a chance to go to UCLA this past weekend and host a panel for the women's team. Shout out coach Corey, who has always been amazing and goes out of her way to reach out to the men alumni to be a part and seeing the bigger picture and understanding it was a really awkward situation because I went in there on Sunday and the men's selection show was just ending and I saw my guy, Doug Erickson. He was kind of surprised, like what are you doing here? And I was like, you know, Coach Corey wanted me to come do a panel for the women's team, And it was just kind of a weird feeling that the UCLA men's team and Coach Cronin and you know, whether you like.
Speaker 1: Him or not, it's really not ever leading up to me.
Speaker 3: I don't really care, but how he just doesn't give a fuck about the guys that came before at all. No conversation, no effort, no nothing. And on the flip side, Coach Corey, who's been there for nearly fourteen years, goes out of her way to reach out to us, send us gear, send us shoes, check on the family. I'm like, I never played for her, never knew her before this opportunity, but she's just amazing and really wanted to give her a shout out for just the way she goes about it. But Anyway, I went up there and hosted a panel where I got a chance to talk to coach Corey, talk to Lauren Bett's Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, Kicky Rice all Big Ten, and Gabrielle hakez Hi MAI's little sister who was out there doing her things.
Speaker 1: So it was really cool.
Speaker 3: Got a chance to sit down talk to them, talked to them about their experience at UCLA, their upcoming battle, and and and their seed in the tournament, and it was a great time. They got the number one seed and we'll be playing at home their first two games, which is amazing. They're down the road cross rivals Juju and the USC Trojans got the fourth number one seed and their coach came out and felt a little disrespected about that seed. But nevertheless, I know SC will be ready to rock.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: The crazy part I would say, I will say that the men's there's more hype around the men's bracket this year, But I would also say is there's a lot of hype around the women's tournament. Uh this uh this upcoming March. So really excited to see both. I know the men's are the men the men are of the seventh seed. I think they play Utahs State in the first round, which will be a solid matchup, and if they're able to get by them, they'll play the winner of the Tennessee game. And Tennessee's playing some good ball right now. So wishing the men's team well in their journey and definitely wishing the women's side well. You know, they got a nice draw, and if it all comes down to it, I think they would play sc in the final four, which I was hoping to have that on them on the other side, and possibly play them in the National Championship. We're obviously not looking ahead, but if we are looking ahead, I think it's going to be a crazy final four. But good luck to all the teams in this bracket, in this madness. I remember personally, March madness was the funnest time, one of the funnest times of my life. So enjoy it, embrace it, play every game like at your last, because it can be Our brothers, Ac and Barack sat down with the one and only Ryan Garcia on ring Champs. Take a look at this, at it.
Speaker 4: But again, at that time, nothing was gonna get to me. Bro I swear, I swear I was in a whole different universe.
Speaker 5: To be honest, did you think you would never come back one hundred? I didn't think. I'm like, I'm surprised I'm here right now.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: I was training it every day, every single day people, even the day of the fight. Day of the fight, I just got so involved in just trying to cope whatever was going on inside. And like I said, I've been struggling mentally for for years, and it just it just wouldn't stop for me. So, like I said, that's how I coped.
Speaker 1: What was the turning point.
Speaker 4: Turning point is to realize, like, damn, bro, I'm slucking my life up, you know, And getting arrested was a big part of it.
Speaker 5: Almost losing my kids was a huge part of it.
Speaker 1: Can you talk about what happened that day? Uh?
Speaker 4: I decided to take a bunch of shrooms and something I was doing already, but this time I took too many.
Speaker 5: And I kind of just lost it.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 5: I can't really say anything else. I mean they were saying that you trashed the room.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I ended up breaking everything in the room.
Speaker 5: I don't I really don't remember, Bro. I was drunk and fucked up to.
Speaker 6: The But to his point, who were you with that day?
Speaker 5: The same people?
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 6: This is the thing, though, I'm sure those people love you. I'm sure you know some of them love you or whatever, but that doesn't mean that they know what's good for you in your career and your life.
Speaker 1: And your spirit, you know what I mean. That's all. I'm sure that people love you. I ain't trying to knock them.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to say, do you think you should have been around that kind of people that's comfortable when you getting drunk and being an athlete?
Speaker 1: That's all I was trying to say.
Speaker 4: No, no, I respect that, and now man, I feel I just didn't have those type of people.
Speaker 3: You can catch that episode this Wednesday with some of our newest members of the All the Smoke Fight family, ring champs our brother Acken barack Man. Congratulations fellas, welcome to the family and definitely looking forward to seeing this Ryan interview. That's a wrap for this week. I'm unplugged. You can catch us on All the Smoke Productions YouTube and the DraftKings Network. We'll see y'all next week.