Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: You're off in God's Country We also known is Will also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of country music and the great outdoors, two things to go together, like fast cars in freedom or rolling in putts and having a tempo. Tempo and your brain.
Speaker 3: He taught me about that today is to stick around listen to that, and maybe your putting gets better from listening to this podcast, and.
Speaker 1: Your handicap drops and you're better off of this point pressure. It is brought to you.
Speaker 2: By meat eater Neil Thrasher, one of my favorite dudes in Nashville singing, Oh my Goodness, has wrote a million Rascal Flats hits. Because he sounds just like a galic Ox. Sounds like him, I should say, think so too. Tells an awesome turkey story when he lived down in Leaper's Fort, had some land down there. Turns a great turkey story. You're gonna want to stick around for that. It's kind of like his gavorite hunting story.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Good one also gives kind of the the behind the scenes curtain pullback of his recent hit smash Try that in a small town, which he started a podcast over.
Speaker 1: It's kind of blown up.
Speaker 2: Bro did it at the inoperation. Jason just did it at the inauguration in the road. Dunda must have been crazy in there for that one. But you're gonna want to you want to stick around for that does a killer medley at the end for his favorite of a song he wrote, and then a song he pairs it with. I didn't see it coming, man, and when it came out.
Speaker 1: Of Have you ever played a show with him?
Speaker 2: I played one. We played that, uh that benefit And as I think he did it there, he did it there I remember him doing I just didn't. It's so it just caught me by surprise again and it's blows my mind at what key he plays it in and how he gets up there.
Speaker 3: Guy's a killer, He's a KPO killer. He's gonna he's gonna ko up. We got roasted again. We got roasted.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: And it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Love getting roasted.
Speaker 3: This one's a little sweet. He didn't go to too mean. Uh, actually it's really nice now that I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan. The title of this is from Jay Duskin. Any ideas dusk.
Speaker 3: Neither Joe Rogan meets the trailer part boys. Uh oh, Probably my favorite pod going TBH. A couple of nice couple of nice little you know, yeah, what are those called?
Speaker 2: No, it's kind of like innu windows. What is that one there?
Speaker 1: I'll get roasted for that.
Speaker 3: Probably my favorite pod going TBH. All gas, no breaks. It's like the most concussed version of Billy Bob from Varsity Blues grew up and convinced Luke Combs and Steve Vanella to put a beer fridge in the garage. Pull yourself up a cooler and sit Pull yourself up a cooler to sit on and listen to Sammy Kershaw on eleven between trail cam photos and Turkey gobbles.
Speaker 2: A lot of information in there, yeah, the guys, I mean, here's paints a nice little picture. Here's what I take away from from this.
Speaker 3: First off. It wasn't that mean, so thanks for that, but you know, yeah, but it was, it was it was slighted. Yeah, but this guy is a listener. This guy has listened to a lot. He is dropping clues, some blues clues in there, you know, because we always talking about Sammy Kershaw, always like he dropped him in there Turkey Gobbles. There's obviously the Luke Comms reference.
Speaker 1: I never watched Duskin, did you watch Barshi Blues a long time ago?
Speaker 2: I never watched it.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a really good movie. I think we should probably.
Speaker 2: Go back and watch. It's a series, right, No, it's a movie. Greatest movies of all time. It's very questionable. One of is still questions. It was kind of cult following type show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a good one though.
Speaker 3: Thanks for not being too mean but kind of not liking this, but liking this a whole lot, Jay Duskin.
Speaker 1: Hey, does any does does anybody ever come up to you and you're like, dude, I love that story you told on the so and so podcast with so and so, and you have no clue what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't even have a clue what you're talking about right now, Like if somebody came it to you, like they're like, dude, what about that time on what podcast?
Speaker 1: What about that time hardy?
Speaker 2: Oh when someone else listener comes up and they're like, what about that time hardy Man? Not solid guess because that was a big one, but like all like random story throughout the podcast, throughout the seventy podcast that we've done, I think I can't remember them. I think it's an I think.
Speaker 3: What what you the listener doesn't understand is by the time you're hearing this, we've probably already cut two more and.
Speaker 2: Have like.
Speaker 1: Informational information.
Speaker 3: You have to uh, it's not download. What is it when you put information on another drive?
Speaker 2: Offload?
Speaker 1: Offload when you have to offload.
Speaker 3: The podcast as they come and go, So you can't keep up with the current with what the listener's hearing because you're already two or three episodes in advance. All that to say, please keep coming up to us and asking us if we remember.
Speaker 1: And if we say if we say no, just yeah, just tell us what happened.
Speaker 3: Hey, I got I've been getting approached lately about the podcast. I was sending Donald's the other day and this guy comes up. He's like I could see it on his face, like the way people sometimes look at Luke when we were Luke. He was like, hey man, you Dan is well come. I was like, yeah, man, he was like, I just want to tell you all love the podcast. I was like, hey man, thanks for coming up to me. He was like we listened to every episode. Man, I was like, bro, thanks, man, that means like it's happened three or four times now from the podcast.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of people at Duck Camp. Yeah, last night, I think the I think the words getting out. They were cool, like they listened to every episode. They were dropping like funny things that had happened, like I was just talked about and I didn't know about. But they were like, you know remember yeah, man, I mean it's cool, It's we just ass man. We talked so much.
Speaker 1: I can't believe people like it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. I can't believe people watch or listen to every episode. But hey, we appreciate it. Keep on doing it, keep sending it to your friends, keep sharing it, keep following us on Facebook and YouTube and TikTok. We back coming up to me and random outdoor stores. Man, that's right. We love to hear it. Keep roasting us. Five stars might get shout out on this on this pod. Keep listening.
Speaker 1: Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: We'll enjoy Nol Thrasher burn Good.
Speaker 1: We are Speed, Green Light Go.
Speaker 2: We got former lead singer of Thrasher Shiver the rock band. I said, big deer killing. Just got back from a hunting trip in Louisiana. Dude, we're middle of January. Jealous of that, jealous of that down there right now?
Speaker 4: Yoh yeah.
Speaker 2: As CAP Songwriter of the Year, Turkey Colin Alabama boy written over eleven number one songs, Give me some of that money.
Speaker 3: They're monsters too. They're not like they're not like a little passive number ones.
Speaker 1: Including some of your favorites.
Speaker 2: We will touch on here in a little bit, co host of the Try That in a Small Town podcast. Man, we got our great buddy, mister Neil Thrasher out in Guy's Country, Will's Today.
Speaker 4: He's a golfer too. Hey, okay, y'all do this at night because we got kids. It took me fourteen hours.
Speaker 1: To get here from you call it the same. That's why you beat me here, dude. What's up with you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: What you've been doing?
Speaker 4: I've been doing what you guys have been doing, grinding, grinding.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I probably don't write.
Speaker 4: As much as you guys do anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We kind of pulled the old e break a little bit.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, I still I probably I guess I am averaging probably four times a week at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used I used to not I but now I'm writing four times a week.
Speaker 1: I mean you would say you're writing four times a week.
Speaker 3: Bro, looking at our schedule. I got to be out of here today to do it. You got today, You're working today?
Speaker 2: No, of course not.
Speaker 4: Well I might, but I'm gonna go back home. I'm gonna go back home and write because I zoom right now and COVID was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: I love zoom riting.
Speaker 1: When you got over eleven. Number one is you can do whatever you want to do too.
Speaker 3: Well, especially those dude, did you read them there?
Speaker 2: I couldn't listen to that one. I skipped that. That's the only one I skipped.
Speaker 4: I had to sing that at one of my daughter's graduations to.
Speaker 1: Get through it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got through it, but I got sick when I got the call that day. And when I say sick, I mean I got nauseated when I got the phone call that they wanted me to sing that. Because Brett James's daughter and my daughter in the same grade and they were both graduating, he and I both had to sing. They asked him to sing Jesus take the wheel. And then they asked me to do there Goes my.
Speaker 1: Life and and.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh no. Sometimes it's hard enough to do that song, you know, in certain situations. But at a graduation you got all these caps and gowns.
Speaker 1: And parents and the yeah, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I don't know if I can do this. I don't know if I can make it through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, Yeah, of course you did. You're a pro dude, whatever, you are pro all right, So go back to COVID. Code's the best thing to happen to you, just to just to make you slow down a little bit, no zoom writing. Oh, just that I didn't have to come into town anymore. That was there was a time when I look forward to coming into town. Sure, but I con't know that I've ever had a time where I looked forward coming into town ever ever since I've.
Speaker 3: Been here, ever, just because I don't feel like I'm built. I'm not Nashville built, and you're I mean you're not either.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but I mean when you get here though, like you Yeah, it's shiny right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You got new rights, you got new co writes. People you've never written with and you look forward to it.
Speaker 2: I remember those you don't know it yet, yeah, and then you then you know it after some years yeah, and some songs, and then it gets a little it's different now, it becomes different.
Speaker 4: Zoom. I love it. Thank you, COVID. It's the only good thing about you.
Speaker 2: I love it too. I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I love it too.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 3: We have a love hate relationship with COVID because everybody was real mad at it.
Speaker 2: But all we did was Turkey hunt every day. The Turkey hunted every day of season. Absolutely remember what started that? Because Turkey Season, I mean March and April was the first of it, right, so like nobody, nobody's even zooming, nobody's even working trying to figure it out because they're like, oh, let's just take a couple of months, a month, a couple of months off and we'll jump back on the horse in the summer, and then here you go. You get into you know, eight and ten months of it. But but Turkey Season was out up front of it, where literally there was you couldn't go anywhere the world was shut down, so where you could could you go to the woods? Crazy?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there's probably more Turkey Hunt and going on. If that time he was, I was moving into a new house when Covid. I remember that April, we're moving in.
Speaker 2: So I had a lot going moving in down there, Yeah, in College Grove, and so I had a lot going on.
Speaker 1: You probably played a lot of time, a bunch of golf too.
Speaker 4: Oh we played. We played so much golf. I my handicap went down two strokes.
Speaker 1: I bet every day.
Speaker 2: I guarantee, I bet you played everything. I mean, I would have you know. Uh, the first time we first time we met Neil was was at the Massioak. Was that the first time we met, when we played that tournament.
Speaker 1: That's first time I met him.
Speaker 2: I'm better since.
Speaker 4: Then, are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He got many kids.
Speaker 4: You get three, it'll get it'll get worse.
Speaker 3: I know my wife's barred me clubs for like Christmas and stuff, and I ain't even swung them.
Speaker 2: You know, there ain't no time for nothing.
Speaker 4: That makes no sense. You get three little ones in your wife's buying you golf clubs, and that may be a signal.
Speaker 1: And not letting you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not let But we were I don't know if you remember this, we were down there and uh, That was a special week for me and Dan, especially me because as we were playing all we were playing that scramble, we got the news that Kind of Love We Make was going number one and it was my first number one is Dan's third. I remember that, and we were so pumped man, and Neil was so pumped for us. And I still I still tell the story, but uh we uh. He was like, man, congratulations, dude, that's so great. That's so great, man. And I was like, thanks, buddy. He was like, hey, man, He's like listen, He's like, I ain't taking nothing away from you. He was like, but back in the nineties, all you needed was one more and you could retire.
Speaker 1: He was like, that way, no more of me, dog. I remember him say, I didn't say one more.
Speaker 4: I probably said yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he said a couple more.
Speaker 3: I do remember you saying this back in the day, if you had a hit, if you had a record that came out, and you had a hit on the record and like four or five cuts on the record, that you would be looking at a mega chunk.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, you mean, what just happened to me? I'm not even close. You're like, I mean, well, it was.
Speaker 4: It was one of the it was back in the day. It was like when when my run with Raph Flats and Jason al Dean all that was kicking in and those guys were selling three and four million records and if you had three or four or five songs on each record, I mean, you're you're it's pretty good. You got a pretty decent catalog to sell. It's made a lot of money. You did good on mechanicals. You can you know, if you're smart with your money, you can live off of that stuff for the rest of your life if you're smart. And we were so blessed to be to hit our lick when that was going on.
Speaker 2: When you say, Williams have basically you and Wendell.
Speaker 4: Me and Windele and me and Michael Delaney had a bunch together all.
Speaker 2: That today and he's looking at that who wrote them?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, so I mean over the years, you know, because my run with the with the Flats has been going on since two thousand and we had I probably had over fifty songs cut by those guys and being on and having four or five on each record back when they were selling top of the game too. Yeah, yep, when they're getting ready to do it again. Yeah, And I called that. Gary told me. LeVaux said, you're out of your mind if you think I'm going back on the road. And I said, you wait, And this was like a year and a half, two years ago. I said, I said, no, it's it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Why Why did you think because he has to have it.
Speaker 4: No band in history has been as big as they are and never not going back out on the road at some point. Yeah, the fan base is too big. You have to do it for the fans.
Speaker 2: Right, And there's probably two I would imagine if that's your life for so long, especially at that level, Like I mean, anytime you go out on the roads to grind, but like they're not, they're not. That's not really hard at that point, like like your time away from home. But but your buses, you're you're in and you're out. Your planes you're in and you're out. So it's fun, right, And and that happened. There was a run of years for them that where they're at the top of the game. It feels like if if it was that for you and you get and you and you and you hang up the you know, you hang the cleats up on it. At some point down the road, you're gonna want to get back in it just a little bit, like you missed it a little bit.
Speaker 4: I was that I was on the verge of like, Okay, I told Landa, my wife. I said, I'm gonna slow it down and we'll do so I'll do some writer shows and whatnot here and there, and just but we're we're okay, and I'm just gonna kind of just coast a little bit. And then freaking, you know, Lovelace comes in with try that in a small town and I'm like, we wrote that, and I was like, nobody's.
Speaker 1: Gonna cut that.
Speaker 4: And I was on the verge of just shutting it down. I was gonna semi retire. Yeah, you just kind of coast a little bit, and he freak. We wrote that and back up brought it, you know, and got with Tolly and Kurt, and of course al Dean couldn't wait to put it out. It was the timing of that thing was just, you know, it was dumb. And then that kind of got me back in the game. Now signed over there with al Dean and now I'm writing again.
Speaker 2: In the game. We'll touch on that later, we like to do a little start off, a little segment called what You're mad at?
Speaker 1: Neil?
Speaker 4: What am I mad at?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You gotta think about it.
Speaker 4: What y'all got a awful.
Speaker 5: Mad Just tell us what it is? What you're mad at?
Speaker 2: Is it you're in lost kids, my being boss, me or your neighbors cat?
Speaker 5: Just tell us what mad.
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 2: I try to try to give nil. How y'all get that, Loucis early That's amazing. I've been up to fight with I've been okay, Yeah, I've been. I've been about since about two thirty fIF fifteen.
Speaker 4: What am I mad at?
Speaker 2: What am I mad at? What do you can be?
Speaker 1: Where do you can be glad? You can be glad to.
Speaker 2: You can be glad or something if you want to.
Speaker 4: I have I've had to work on mattitude because I get mad at a lot of things. I was telling y'all earlier. We have this segment on our podcast where it's thrash talk, and it just kind of happens when it happens and I'll start ranting. Man, I was just like, I have to I have to really be caring.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm mad at? I'm mad at people? That say.
Speaker 3: When they're like, oh, you know, what's up with you? I'm like, oh, man, just you know, trying to trying to write songs, trying to get back in the gym a little bit. And they're like, oh man, getting back in the gym. Yeah, they're like, don't you love how you feel after you work out? I hate when people feel good. I hate when people say, don't you feel good after you because I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel tired.
Speaker 3: My shoulder hurts and I'm tired the rest of the day.
Speaker 2: So I don't feel great. Because you're lifting weights, Dude, you ain't got no business lifting weights.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're trying to lift too much. I mean, if you just if you do more reps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not because I'm weak as well water right now. So there's no way I'm lifting too much weight because there ain't.
Speaker 2: Much weight on there.
Speaker 1: Weight lifting.
Speaker 2: I like, I like lifting. I would rather do that. I would rather do that. See mine mine has to do with working out too. My my watching mad at. I Uh, I'm a Brent Wad. I'm a Brentwood mom. Dude, Brintwad together, Brentwater. I'm in there working out with Brent One moms spring Hill moms. I guess if you work out and you're a punk in Brentwood or Watt.
Speaker 4: It ain't about working out for you, is it.
Speaker 1: No, because it is it. It's what it is. It is hot works, right.
Speaker 2: So there's eight saunas in this place and they get up to one hundred and thirty degrees and you can do the row machine. You can go in there and do free weight sent them, you can do yoga, you can do I do the elliptical. So my routine is I'll get up, you know, early in the morning, get my better call saw on my telephone and I'll set it in front of me in the sauna. I'll turn the video all the way down and I'll sit there and I'll do the elliptical for thirty minutes and one hundred and thirty degree sauna awesome. I do feel amazing when I get done with that. It sucks you're in the middle of it, but I feel awesome when I walk out of that place. So that's my that's my routine by myself. And you can go online and you book your classes and you can see if anybody is booked for that time.
Speaker 1: So usually I try to find spots where nobody is.
Speaker 2: Never had a time where somebody came in with me in the in the sun, this little cramped up room, this eight by eight room, eight by eight, it's tiny. I got deer boxes bigger than that.
Speaker 1: It's small.
Speaker 2: And so the other morning I get in there, wait for the person to come out, her times blocked on the sheet. She comes out, How you doing good to see it ain't nobody. There's one other person in the whole spot I wait for to come out, get my phone, put up their better costs all, turn it up, turn the video down, start pumping. Door opens, And I was like what She's like, Oh sorry that I thought I just jump in here with you, not book the cla didn't book it on the sheet. Didn't just thought she might get a little hot work session in while Oh okay, it just and now I got to turn better Costs all off, and I got to sit there for thirty minutes in silence and think about how much I don't want to be there now, because, like, and I'm watching a.
Speaker 1: TV show, it goes by fast.
Speaker 2: But if you're just sitting there working out and you're thinking about working out, then I'm just thinking about how much. I don't want to be working out, but you keep going back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hot wives, I mean hot works, Brentwood, but you keep going back and working out anyway.
Speaker 2: Brent, because here's I don't neil. I don't care about being hot, dude. I just want to I just want to put days of my life.
Speaker 4: I don't know what am I mad at. I stay mad at some things, but it doesn't last long. I don't want to. I don't get furious at anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it's big, sometimes it's yesterday. Mine was shampoo conditioner bottle looking.
Speaker 4: I mean I can get I can. I could go off on things that I'm mad at, but I don't want to get political.
Speaker 2: Let's go viral, lg B LGB.
Speaker 1: Let's go viral.
Speaker 2: Why not, right right?
Speaker 4: No, I don't want y'all get red flag like COVID.
Speaker 2: Dude, Let's go viral. Good lord, oh man, I wouldn't be mad if I was you either, thrash. You've written some huge songs. You live on an awesome golf course, great family. Hit it at my putting right now. I am mad at that golf. I go through I go through putting phases. I've got to pass so many putters.
Speaker 1: Now, have you dabbled in the lab yet?
Speaker 4: No, I've putted with one and messed with it, but I have. I have dabbled with it, but I haven't put one in my back.
Speaker 2: What is the lab? It's the new putting craze. Dude, Lie Angle Lab, Lie Angle whatever. Ballistics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever the balance, Lie angle balance.
Speaker 4: They feel good. But you know, I'm a field player, so it's like I have to. It has to be the least amount of weight I can have down there where I can just feel the club head and feel the weight better.
Speaker 1: I don't like getting technical on my putting.
Speaker 2: I don't like either. I don't like stepping it off. I don't like like, oh, I'm going to go ten o'clock a seventy percent. I can't do that when I put I want to feel like I'm shooting basketball, Like I want to this the same, the same like you don't know how far you are from that goal, You're just feel right, you're just feeling it out and and dude, and it's the same thing in basketball, right, like when you're stroking, you're stroking and you get hitting everything. I feel like I'm the same. I'm a I'm a very very hot or cold putter. Yeah, I'm not a good putter. I'm just a I'm just a streaky putter.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to be instinctive. This could turn it into like a golf that's all right podcast for this morning.
Speaker 1: I could go thrash, can play.
Speaker 2: I've played with you cats before. I know how this goes.
Speaker 1: So what let's let's get it. Let's talk about putting for a little bit.
Speaker 4: What do you?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 2: Why are you mad at your putter?
Speaker 4: That's just because I can't settle on one thing. I get mad, and usually when I get mad at my golf game, it gets better. I got better at golf when I got mad at my game.
Speaker 2: What's your like when you're putting bad or you're yeah, let's go putting. When you're putting bad? What what's the first thing you do?
Speaker 4: When I'm putting bad? The first thing I do I start looking at the hole and start doing drills and field drills, and I don't look at the ball, look at the hole, okay, And I'll do those drills for an hour.
Speaker 2: Just feel feeling it, feeling it, seeing it go in the hole.
Speaker 4: And I won't even look down at the ball, I'll be looking and I'll put not looking at the ball. Yeah, and it pure every time. Yeah, it's weird and it's weird how the brain works in golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: I've always heard swing the putter and just let the ball, like, let the ball be there, don't hit the ball, let the ball get in the way. This is an interesting conversation. I get that.
Speaker 3: I like, you told me something the other day that helped my punt button completely, like changed just one little thing.
Speaker 2: And it was that.
Speaker 3: When you within four feet instead of like coming all the way back, you just you want to go ten.
Speaker 2: Is that what you said? What was the thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, short, long, short, long on short putts too.
Speaker 3: That I mean that probably saved me four strokes that round, just that little tiny So, like, what's your you know, if you're telling a guy how to putt, how do you how are you telling the putt?
Speaker 4: There's no reason why guys who are who are talented musically and athletically have some semblance of an athletic ability. There's no reason why they shouldn't be decent golfers simply because of the rhythm and the tempo. I mean, they have apps on your phone. You can get on your phone, you know, metronome maps and things like that. You can lay them by your ball and get rhythmic with everything. From the time you look at the ball, get behind it, to look at your line. Everything should be a rhythm and be oh. Absolutely, you walk up tempo, you walk up to that tempo, You get behind the ball to that tempo, put your putter behind the ball to that tempo. You put to that tempo. Wow, and it's it works. It's unbelievable how good it works.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: You get me off on this, But well, I mean, how do I'm telling you, I'm curious, how do I how do I figure out what that tempo.
Speaker 4: Without getting technical? And you start it starts becoming more musical and more becomes a dance.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: And everything you do in golf when you step into that bubble and step into that square and it's time to hit a shot, it's in your head when you're done shooting the ship with your boys on the t box and it's time to step in that box. It should that's when it should start.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: And nobody will know what's going on in your brain. And it's going on and you will find fair ways. You will hit greens even in your short game. When you miss greens. That when you step into that box and you're chipping or you're putting to that, can you find your number. Everybody's got a different number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be the speed of the right everybody's got a different tempo because it's not sporadic at that point.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's controlled. Yeesh, it's in. It's within a meter.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how good it works.
Speaker 4: Unbelieving is that.
Speaker 3: When people say tempo, are they talking about that? Yes, I thought they were talking about the speed of your swing.
Speaker 4: It is, but it's got to be in rhythm too. It's got to it's got to have a certain tempo. Like you'll you'll talk to it. You'll see some players giving if you if you YouTube, are googled tempo and golf, and you see some of these tour players. They all have their number like.
Speaker 1: Like twenty three seven, Yeah, eighteen eight.
Speaker 4: Or or just or just or just sixty four or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what that's your magic number.
Speaker 3: And that determines when you start your back swing, where you end your back swing, where you click.
Speaker 7: With the ball.
Speaker 2: The whole thing Wow, dude, that's mind. I've never I've.
Speaker 4: Never know that. It's amazing, how good it works. Your game's gonna be money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When you start using.
Speaker 2: Your and usually and usually you slow it down like you never tempo. Don't want to speed up on your golf swing. You want to you want to get it almost where it's uncomfortably slow. Okay, it's easy to do with a putter.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, if you were to put a song to your tempo, because I feel like mom would be well life when the bars kind of led back because I don't know what's happening, you know what I mean. But if you were to put if you were to put your tempo to a song when you walk up to the ball, what song is it? What could you play to that tempo?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: He's a how country feels guy?
Speaker 4: I have a video I have a cooked and it could be that. It could be that, but I have a actually have a video at Sawgrass at TPC Sawgrass and we're playing in a tournament.
Speaker 2: Out there that Kentucky. Oh my god, i'mna slap you in the fen. Just shut up. Where's it that we're not cutting that TPC Sawgrass player Championship seventeen. Cool, we'll get back, We'll talk Kentucky.
Speaker 4: But it was on number seventeen on the on the island green real famous.
Speaker 2: Hole and most famous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and any any any guy, any songwriter, a musician that came up to the T box that the host would put on a song that you wrote while you're playing in bank It no, but but they put on try that in a small town when as I was driving up and they cranked and it was it was, you know, shut about somebody on the side, and it's and it's freaking blaring across that lake. And I've got video of it. And when they introduced me and did all that, I stepped up and I fell into that song. I just fell into the rhythm of it. And that was eight feet Yeah. I swung to the tempo with that song.
Speaker 1: You missed the putt?
Speaker 4: Yes, damn. I was hoping you wouldn't ask me that I wanted to burn. I've played seventeen a bunch and knocked it close, and I have not burned it yet.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's super cool. Okay, See, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: There's probably some novice golfers out there that just learn about tempo.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I'd literally never heard.
Speaker 4: If you bring up golfing huntings and I'm gonna sit up in the chair and start talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's all we talk about.
Speaker 4: Music is all we do. You know, we talk about it and we do it all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go for scratch this year. I'm gonna try to get it down.
Speaker 4: It's all short game now, yeah, yeah, because I know how far you hit it and how good you hit it, because I've played with you and you hit it really well and you hit it straight. Yeah, you vomit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just gotta I gotta cut strokes down around the green.
Speaker 1: It's what it's about.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: I think I'd like to shoot in the seventies this year. That's what I'm trying to do, just like seventy nine. Whatever I'll try. I wish I could just go around do that. It's hard to do.
Speaker 4: You go hang with meteroll Zell for.
Speaker 1: A little while.
Speaker 2: No doubt that guy's good. Give us a little recap of your deer season, be dog. You just got back from Louisiana.
Speaker 4: Yep, I killed a big old deer in October on Gary La Vaux's place here we were shooting coals inside his high fence.
Speaker 2: Nice, yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 1: Isn't it fun having a rich artist? Friends?
Speaker 4: I sold him four hundred and forty of mine because my my farm was right next to his. And when he decided to put a high fence up, he was gonna have to run it through one of his bottoms. And that's that's tree trouble and limb trouble all the time. And one day I was just joking around. I said, won't you buy from BlackBerry Road east from me so you can run your fence and make a perfect square. And I was kind of just kidding, but I told that to his brother and his brother and called me like to his later, Hey, are you serious about that? Like no, maybe, I don't know. I wound up selling everything on that road. And then he ran his fence and made a perfect square.
Speaker 1: Why not? I mean he hunted probably whenever you want to.
Speaker 4: He's got like thirteen hundred acres or something inside the fence. Anyway, we there was like a list of bucks that needed to go. They were old, yeah, needed to come out of there. So I shot one of those, was the biggest seven point but killed my life.
Speaker 1: It was a giant.
Speaker 2: I love a big seven. I shot a big seven this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huge deer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that that's the only deer I killed this year. And I went after some more. And I just got back from Louisiana. I go down there every year. Good buddy, Mine's got an island down there, next to Giles Island. It's in Louisiana, but it's across the river from nationals Sssissippi.
Speaker 1: And so you're like boating it and you boating it to it.
Speaker 4: No, we don't have to. He built up he built when he bought the place twenty something years ago. He built it like a two hundred year flood road from the main levee out to the island.
Speaker 2: Oh not nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's it's crazy. I mean, I've seen deer out there swim the Mississippi. I've seen I've we've we've seen wounded deer jump into river. Yeah, go all the way across, swim two point one miles all the way across and coming out on the bank.
Speaker 1: And that just mississippidness.
Speaker 4: We've seen it happen. Those deer, the deer unbelievable. People don't realize that these deer swim the Mississippi River on a regular basis because they want to, not because they were wounded or whatever. They'll go back and forth just to get back home.
Speaker 2: Missippi State Deer Labor or whatever did a did a study. Put a collar buck on on Giles Island and uh and just wash his patterns. And he would every year would swim the Mississippi in summer, try farm in inland, yep. And then when it was time to go rut and go go winter somewhere, he would swim the Mississippi and live on Jiles Island for the rut and for the winter, and then swim it back.
Speaker 1: And that was this pattern.
Speaker 4: That's just funny, you said, Joles Island. The biggest deer ever killed on the Rifle Point or period was a Giles Island deer. It was when when the original owners of Giles Island had it. He was like one of the high dollar deer that they had.
Speaker 1: They swam it.
Speaker 4: No, he came when the river started coming up, because Giles Island and Rife appointed right next to each other, and when the river started comes up, it fills up all the lowlands and pushes all the deer to the high highest ground around so and this deer came off of Giles and probably swam or went across a little shoot of the old Mississippi River. They't no water in this room and came up there. I was just there at the right time. How big was How big was he? It's a tent A clean ten point was one hundred and seventy six ags.
Speaker 2: To clean ten y'all see this turns sound up.
Speaker 4: Those delta deer can get some believe they're crazy, man, and they're huge, three hundred pounds before I've seen that. Yeah, I've seen that. I've never seen that. One guys in a bass bone. That turkey is under like a submarine, and gossip, you swim, I've seen there.
Speaker 1: You know what body of water that is?
Speaker 2: You see? All right, let's.
Speaker 1: Yes, alarm putting.
Speaker 2: It looks great swimming.
Speaker 4: I've seen him swim, but I've never seen I've never seen it in that deep of waters. Goblin and goblin.
Speaker 2: It doesn't savora.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's probably down there somewhere because it's crazy down yea. The animals racked there there, they're wild.
Speaker 3: One of the replies is I'd have to have to give him a ride to Greece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take that one out. What was uh, what was? What was hunting in the outdoors? Like for you growing up?
Speaker 4: Are you from Alabama? Just south just below Birmingham.
Speaker 1: Okay, like right off sixty five.
Speaker 4: Birmingham is kind of off of two eighty more to eighty Shelby County. Yeah, I was in Jefferson County. That's where I grew up, went to high school. But Shelby County is where I grew up on my grandparents place where I learned all everything there was to learn about hunting and fishing. Down there in Shelby County. We had a we had a like a fifteen acre lake that was in the family, been in the family for years down in the country, and and uh, me and my cousins and everybody, we learned how to fish there and learned how to hunt there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: So I learned how to shoot a gun from my grandfather. On my mom's side. All my music came from my dad's side, and all my outdoor stuff came from my mom's side. Even though my mom's dad he sang with Gene Autry back in the day, so it was on both sides. Yep.
Speaker 2: As as dads of kids. And I know you've got two girls. Did you ever, like, did you ever get them out with you? Did they? Did they?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did they ever hunt with you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: They've both killed deer with bows?
Speaker 1: Oh really, yep.
Speaker 4: I got them going early on the on the archery thing when they were when they got old enough to pull one back. They shot deer with guns and stuff early, But when they got strong enough to pull one back, that would that would fling a narrow fast enough to kill a deer. They I got, I had them doing it, and they both did.
Speaker 1: How do you because I want mine to?
Speaker 2: I mean, I got little girl two years old, little boy a year old, and I want them to hunt so bad. Like I've got them toy guns at home, and we we like I'm the deer and they're shooting me and stuff. How do you do it without forcing it on them? Do you just?
Speaker 1: You just do it and your love of it will draw them in.
Speaker 4: Or take them. Yeah, you'll get them, you'll get it. You'll get a good indication early. Yeah, you know whether they love it or not. But once they once they see deer start coming out in the food plot, nine times out of ten, their bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true. You know, yeah, when.
Speaker 4: You got them in a box or in the ground bine or whatever and they see deer start coming out, Yeah, they get fascinated, just like we did.
Speaker 3: What about the gun situation though, as far as like loud and it being intimidating, how do you curve that? Like to kids? You know, that's that's the most usually the thing. It's like, oh then I'm too young now.
Speaker 1: You just put a suppresser on it.
Speaker 4: Last Yeah, yeah, yeah, we didn't have I didn't use ear text when I.
Speaker 2: I was telling Atlanta this morning when I woke.
Speaker 4: Up, I was like, man, my tonight is just bad.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 4: It's just constant white noise. Y'all have that?
Speaker 2: Mine is the mind ring all mine.
Speaker 4: Just sounds like white noise.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know it's like electric.
Speaker 1: You don't even need to sleep. The sleep machine you got, you got it in there.
Speaker 4: It's what I have to have something going.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, dude, you're you're probably like, I mean, our dad was shooting rabbits three feet from our head. That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: I mean not even where are you at? And we're right.
Speaker 3: Knowledge that, But I mean you put on top of that twenty years of having a crash symbol six feet from your head.
Speaker 2: That too, I mean that, dude.
Speaker 4: The music and the guns, oh my god. When we were young, we didn't worry. We didn't have anything about we didn't know anything of your protection.
Speaker 3: I didn't care, I swear to this day. The other day I was rocking. I was rocking my kid to sleep, and uh, Sean does that. Honestly, she's pretty good about doing that. But sometimes I got to take it her, you know. So she she gave me the baby and I was in there rocking, and I swear I could I felt like I was in because you know, it's a black room and the doors are all closed and it's all dark in there, and I felt like I was in a green room of one of those shitty clubs.
Speaker 2: And I could hear Steve Miller band playing.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even there, but I've spent so many times in those rooms, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I could hear people call me space. It was like muffled am I. Oh man. That's when you know you spent way too much time in those clas.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. I'll tell you what did me in with with my left side and this it stays like it feels like I got water in it all the time. But what did me in I was I was turkey hunting with a buddy, Paul King, who has that island Extra Giles down in Louisiana. We were we were turkey hunting and it was just an unfortunate situation. We're walking. He's walking here and I'm walking here, and we're like fifty yards from this ridge. It goes straight up and he went, there's a big old goll or just hit one, just hammered right there. And I'm like, we had to sit down exactly because there was two trees right here. I said, we had to sit down immediately because he was so close, and it's like boom. We sat down, and when we sat down, his barrel was right here. It was right I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Not kidding into right here.
Speaker 4: And I go, oh my god, this is I mean, I'm fixing to lose my hearing forever.
Speaker 2: But it's gone.
Speaker 4: But I took one for the team. I mean, there's a gobbler there, he's coming up twice. Here come four hens and here he come around the corner right behind him, and I just I just I just went to look at God and when he shot, it was like slow motion and then it was like in the world disappeared and I couldn't hear shit it was and I just just laid my head back. He killed the bird and we high five, but I was in pain. It was bad. And it's never been the same since.
Speaker 1: That's close.
Speaker 2: That's close. My new move is, yeah, you see me, I did it last year if I mean, it's.
Speaker 4: But I couldn't do that. I wanted to because the hens were right here, five feet from it.
Speaker 2: Coming home and done, I risk it. I like to ask people this, Neil, if if you had one day to do whatever you wanted to do, where, oh where? Yeah? Like so turkey hunt is turkey hunt. That's over golf and everything right where where? If you had one day and you want there's nowhere bad.
Speaker 3: Let me say this. I know how much you love to golf. How much more do you love to turkey hunt than golf?
Speaker 4: Turkey hunt is just like you only get so much of it. You know, it's not a it's such a seasonal thing. Sure, and they take they keep taking days away from it. Yeah, and that's why you because you look so forward to because you know, you're only limited on your time, So that's why I love it. But the memories that I've made with turkey hunt, the heartbeat that I've got, the heartbeat and the heart rate that I get from turkey hunting. You know, you you know what it feels like like when you shot that big deer in Kansas. You remember what that felt? Oh yeah, you know, But we.
Speaker 2: Can talk, can tell you the whole story. You guys want to know how it felt.
Speaker 4: When you have a gobbler goblin or two or three or four and they're just over a ridge and you can't see them, but they're right there and you can hear them spitting and drumming. That is a different kind of heartbeat. That's a different kind of adrenaline. And all turkey hunters know exactly what I'm talking about. And it doesn't matter where it is Tennessee, Missouri, Turkey.
Speaker 1: It's just hot goblin in front of you.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter where it is.
Speaker 3: Can you walk us through one of your favorite turkey hunts. I'd just like to hear turkey hunting for at I haven't I haven't even broke the seal.
Speaker 4: On this, and I've got so many I have no earthly idea one that it's just special turkey hunt, special turkey hunt.
Speaker 3: It could be anything, could be anywhere with anybody, could be your by yourself. I always think about the one I killed on public over here on the lake that was.
Speaker 4: And you killed one on public ground, that's always a good one. I killed a turkey where I used to live in Leaper's Fork. I had fourteen acres out there, and I had one gobbler that would hammer across the black top road from my ridge every day. And I knew he was old because it was real high pitch. I just knew he was a new one of jake. Yeah, And because I've heard enough old old gowbler's gobbled to where you think it's a jake and it's not a jet winds up not being a Jacin's super old bird. But anyway, this bird was over there and he would do it like and it got to the point where I thought he was teasing me, because I'd go on my ridge and I'd shoot you know, a handful of two year olds of what from year after year or whatever, and some decent birds, but that one bird, you could always tell it was him by the way he gobbled and I never could get him to come in. And then I don't hunt May much because it gets so hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so snakes and spiders.
Speaker 4: And one morning it was it was one of those tick hot mornings and it was like and I heard him over a goblin and it was in May and said, towards the end of the season. At the time in the morning, Uh, I don't even remember.
Speaker 2: It wasn't it wasn't early, and it wasn't late.
Speaker 4: He was just he was just over there just you know, you know how they do after they're just walking circles on the ridgetop, just.
Speaker 2: You know, for no reason.
Speaker 5: There's nothing.
Speaker 4: They don't have any hens with them. Everybody's bred out. But he's still over there, just hammering it, getting what he can get. Yeah. So I said, whatever, I'm gonna go up there. And you gotta climb a steep hill to get up there. So I go up there, and I'm across a blacktop from him, and we're two ridges. He's a ridge over here and there's a big there's a black top it runs between us, and he's got to go. If he ever came over, do you have to walk across the field, go across the black top. So I go up there and I just I went up there and I said, I'm not just gonna regularly yelp at him. I'm gonna I'm going to strike the band up here, because I remember hearing Toxi hayses it one time when I was hunting with him. He got so aggressive one time on one bird, and I never forgot it, and I was like, I mean, the hat comes off, he's got two push pullers in meach hand, he's got his mouth calls, and it sounds like there's one hundred turkeys trying to kill. What you just did with your voice is kind of crazy. He just that's what you do. Yeah, that sounds like, well, when you put a when you put a mouth call in, you go and you do all that's good, and you've got all this going on in your hands, and you're and you take a hat off shop and you start breaking stuff, breaks and stuff, limbs, anything, you make as much noise as you get. It sounds like one hundred turkeys trying to kill each other. That's what I pulled out on this joke.
Speaker 1: It struck a nerve somewhere.
Speaker 4: And in ten minutes it took him a minute to decide, but he frick. And when I say ten minutes, ten minutes, it's a short spirit. That's how far away this bird was from me. He come down off that hill and he stopped Goblin. And I knew when he quit Goblin, when he got down to the bottom of his ridge, when he stopped, he's coming. I knew it. I just knew.
Speaker 2: Could you see the shot?
Speaker 4: I shut up, Could you see the No, it was a little thick, but I was on top of the ridge and it's so steep. But I was like, oh, frick, he quick. God, when he's coming, I know he is. And next time, next time I.
Speaker 2: Heard him, he was right that.
Speaker 4: He was right there, about fifty yards from me, and I'm like, oh, this is going to happen. I shot this bird, went over to him. He had his left leg, he had one spur that grew out and grew back into his left leg. He had no spur on his right leg. It was all.
Speaker 1: It was just gone.
Speaker 4: It's like an old buck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And he had this old, mangy looking beard that come down And I never forgot that. That was probably the most satisfying that I killed an old monarch like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, for sure, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: And he gets me fired up.
Speaker 3: Just thinking about all the hunts I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: Turkey season special, that that first that opening weekend, first morning in the woods and you've got birds gobbling around and you're sitting on it back against a white oak man and they that that opening day moment is special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something.
Speaker 2: And I think as we get older, like I kind of fell out of love with turkey hunting for a minute when I was getting into deer hunting so much. But as I get older and love deer hunting more, I find myself loving turkey hunting more just for what it is.
Speaker 1: Like my my one day is is sitting you know, in a tree standing Kansas, waiting for you know, rattling, trying in the middle of November, trying to rattle in a deer. But I appreciate turkey hunting and what it gives me in the spring, you.
Speaker 2: Know, just also kind of our social outlet hunt, right, like we don't I mean, we deer hunt like crazy, but it's kind of a solitary thing, like we don't hunt with a lot of people, you know, deer hunting and then with turkey hunt man, it's like me and.
Speaker 1: You, or me and dad, or running gun, just trying to figure it out. Talking.
Speaker 3: I think back to my One of my favorite hunts was that we walked, We slept in care for, got up, walked all the way over to the new least and you shot that bird in the and we had to walk back and started raining on that rich The sun came out. It was sun and we were walking through all this like timber that had been select cut and it's rain. It was raining while the sun was out, and Reid had a turkey on his back and there was nowhere to get out of the rain. It was just soaking us and the sun was out. And I remember walking across that.
Speaker 2: Oat flat and you couldn't wipe the smart smile off my face. It was just like it almost felt movie esque, you know what I mean, Like you were it just felt like you were in a freaking movie man. And that's the that's the thing for turkey hunting, that like, you're not gonna get that in deer hunting. If it's raining on you in deer season, you're like, I gotta get out of that ship.
Speaker 4: It's freezing because that god with anything, the goblet, thunder.
Speaker 2: That thunder goblin. It's fun too, all right, we could do this all day. Dude.
Speaker 1: Your dad's a member of the Alabama.
Speaker 2: Music Hall of Fame. Mm hm was it was? He's in a gospel group, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he's been. He's saying the Thrasher brothers, he's saying, he's saying professionally since he was four years.
Speaker 2: Old, really professionalists. He was four years old?
Speaker 1: Was it with his actual brothers?
Speaker 4: Him and two brothers, and then when they got you know, older, they formed a quartet and hired bass singers.
Speaker 2: Wait, how old were the brothers?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 2: This is a group of four year olds coming in and singing.
Speaker 4: No, dad was the youngest.
Speaker 1: He was like the Christian Jackson five.
Speaker 4: It really it really was because their mother, you know, my grandmother played piano and she's the one that groomed them.
Speaker 1: The O G Crab family. Yeah yeah, the Thrash for five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so they were They did gospel music for his whole life.
Speaker 3: Oh what's a good gospel too? Is there something that you can still remember that just you grew up on as.
Speaker 2: Far as the courses, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Right, we talked about it all the time. But why did churches love it when a bass singer would go and they would just raise their hands. But it was like, d.
Speaker 1: I was raised going to that stuff.
Speaker 4: That's how I cut my teeth.
Speaker 2: On all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were you were, you were rolling, you're rolling with.
Speaker 2: Them, you were going to gigs?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Yeah. I actually sang with them back when I was eighteen. My uncle who sang the tenor part, he busted his leg up really bad and they had a tour coming up, and and uh so I filled in and went out and like for six months have a bus.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, was there Gold City?
Speaker 4: I got some pictures to show you all.
Speaker 2: You blow your mind. I was there any pressure because we're PK's right preacher kids, we cut our teeth in the church and singing specials and doing the whole thing and and uh, I mean same thing, right, And there was a little pressure too for us to continue, you our musical journey in the church and and and do Christian music or ye, you know, do try to do a thing like that?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Was there ever any a push towards you like to do that? And kind of like a like a you know this kind of face when you decided to move to Nashville.
Speaker 4: No, it was I was always into sports and I always played since I was seven, played baseball and football all the way up until I quit playing baseball or up for high school and kept playing football. And then I started kicking. Well, I was a junior in high school, I started kicking. I got smart Bill, go hunt. Yeah, okay, both and and so, and then I wound up going to Middle Tennessee State University. So I went up there, kicker, went there, went there, athlete there. But it was like and my dad was pushing me because I went to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to kicking camps, like one on one kicking camps. I mean, I worked with the NFL guys back then it was and it was mostly for punning. But uh, my dad was I kind of felt like he was kind of wanting me to go down that path a little bit, you know, because I was good at it, and it was like, let's do this, and so that's kind of was a but I would the music thing was just there. You wasn't going to get rid of that, right, you know, And so I did the whole artist thing after that, did the record deal. But the songwriting thing came was a byproduct all the artist stuff. But Dad was like I think he was kind of trying to push push me toward more of the sports direction. But he knew I could sing, and he knew that I that I I got it honest through my family and through the blood and everything. But uh, he never did. Really. It wasn't one way or the other. It wasn't like, no, you don't need to do that. It was just kind of just kind of let me do my own thing, see where it lived and see where it took me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can tell by your ankles you're a good athlete.
Speaker 4: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: Nothing, That's what I'm saying. You can tell by somebody whether they're athletic as a football kicking foot right there telling you Nick Saban.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure Saban always looks at the ankles of a person before he recruits them.
Speaker 1: That is bogus.
Speaker 3: Just google it. It might not be a saving but it's one of those big coaches.
Speaker 2: It's one of them.
Speaker 4: That's the weirdest ship I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: Think about it. If a guy's got cankles, if a god has made that up, dude, that's so far type in what coach. Okay, I'm just telling you.
Speaker 1: Then you look at you think you looked at Jalen Hurts and said I heard it.
Speaker 4: Derek Heny walked into his office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have some good ankles there, y'all shut up and jumps to take them socks off.
Speaker 2: He freeze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I ain't got no job.
Speaker 2: And you're thinking of I can believe that about Auburn. Now, that's why they lose.
Speaker 1: I don't think the guy.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you you got your ankles out. They look like athletic ankles. I can tell this guy in the centerm.
Speaker 4: I don't hind my ankles in the winter.
Speaker 2: Y'all check these guys out. What do you think athletic? Yeah yeah, dude, strong, strong bones?
Speaker 1: Oh man? What what was the decision? Like?
Speaker 2: If I kicked a football right now?
Speaker 4: Oh would my turkey hunting days will be overall?
Speaker 3: My stuff was just completely shatter. It was just crystallizing.
Speaker 1: What what was the decision like?
Speaker 2: Like, were you forced in into getting out of the artist thing to do the SONGWRT and thing?
Speaker 1: Or was it was it a no, I need to go this way.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what happened.
Speaker 2: Bye. I got.
Speaker 4: Ninety five, we got a record deal. Me and Kelly Shover Tennessee stand up, yes right, yes, sorry, let's start stomping grounds hardin County. You're doing right, tigers. So he and I started writing again and we got and we got you know, started writing over there at Major Bob Music. Yeah, and uh Bob said, man, you guys want to you know, does it sounded good? It's kind of had this Everly Brothers kind of thing going on, and so we did, and we signed a record deal over to Soylemn Records in ninety five. Did our first record, put out a couple of songs. I was doing radio tour for most of the whole time and opening for Patty Lovelace and I can't say Lovelace. I used to lace my buddy, it's loveless. I was wondering, was yeah, we were opening for Patty Loveless and uh some mothers and who else?
Speaker 2: Who else was you open for?
Speaker 4: I'm curious, Oh, we'd opened for like Brian White was doing. He was rocking and rolling in. We were label mates at the time, so we we did. We opened for him? Someone else, Yeah, Neil McCoy, trace Atkins, we opened for him. And Tracy Bird all those guys. So anyway, uh you remember the nineties, I mean it was like rocking, so we didn't there wasn't a shortage of people for us to open for, and we were doing radio tour and doing a bunch of shows, and then nothing was happening. And in ninety six, Uh, diamon Rio cut one of my songs in that way and they put it out. It was one of my it was my first hit. So that was in ninety six. That's what I get for loving you. So I wrote that with Kent Blaze, and those were like my first co writes. When I came down, my wife had set me up with these guys that were hooked up with Garth because Atlanta worked for worked with Garth at the Bulls and Company and all that. So that happened, and we're still on radio tour and then ninety eight ninety nine rolls around. We're doing another record. Y'all had kind of a hit, though not really I thought you had it went to the forties. We had one who went to the went in the forties.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a higher than.
Speaker 4: No, No, No, And uh, we were big in certain areas of the country we could, we couldn't get them all collective lead together. So it's one of those deals timing thing. Yes, and uh so we did another record, We go out and doing radio tour again. In ninety nine, then Reva cuts a song that I wrote with Michael Delaney and it was my second hit, and both of those went to number two. So I hadn't had a number one yet, so they all they went to number two. Dooking pain. Yeah, still it's really it's still good. So in ninety nine when Reba put what do You Say out and it went and it was a hit, I was like, man, I wonder what would happen. I've been doing this radio tour thing for five years with no success. I'm like, wonder what happened if I just vocal? You know? Yeah, I devoted all my time to writing songs. So I told everybody I was done, and I made the decision to put chasing the artist thing and just devote all my time to writeing and learning that craft even more. And that's what I did. Yeah, And then two thousand rolled around and here we go, start meet Gary of the Walks and start hunting with him, and you start finding your your folks and your camps and your you know and your your.
Speaker 2: Niche when did you and Wendell meet? And when did you know you had like that was going to be one of your guys.
Speaker 4: I met Wendell probably right around ninety eight, ninety nine at County Q Studios. I backed into his truck when I was leaving. He wasn't in it. He was actually in the studio in a vocal booth. Because I went back in. I just got through singing a demo and came out and I backed into his truck. I went, damn Nation. I had to go back inside to find out whose truck it was. And I'm going around to each room in the studio because there's like three different studio rooms or whatever at that time, and got a black silver I did, and I said, no, it is a blue Ford Ranger. Was like, anybody own a blue Ford Ranger out here? And nobody said anything. And window couldn't hurt hear me because he was in the in the vocal booth. So I left a note on the window and went back to Major Bob. Before I even got their window had already called Lanta. He knew my wife, He knew Lanta before longer than I had, and he was pissed. Man, I crushed his grill. Yeah, he shouldn't drive such a short truck.
Speaker 2: And uh, I bet he got a short truck.
Speaker 4: No, and he So that's how we met, and then we started writing, and then we then we then we started doing the thing and and then we had and then my next I guess my next hit was I Melt for flat.
Speaker 3: Dude that this morning on the way in, I just put on your Apple like songwriter list. It was just listening to stuff bro that song hits.
Speaker 4: That songs. The way that song came about was really cool because we're at my house, me and Me and Gary and Wendl are at my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw he was a writer on that and.
Speaker 4: We're not doing anything about midnight and it's one of him like I need to call it, you know.
Speaker 1: I was gonna call it, you know.
Speaker 4: And my wife comes out of the bedroom and doesn't say a word and walks up to the mantel and lights three candles on the mantel, turns around, walks out and turns the lights off and goes back to bed and window. When you light those candle from there on the man sitting and that's how that song came to be. And that was my third number two.
Speaker 2: That was the number two.
Speaker 4: I had three two's before I had my first number one, and it was I was getting teased and I told take it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm not going to have.
Speaker 4: A number one to put on the wall on my hon.
Speaker 3: But who kept who kept that song? What song kept that song out? But I don't know that song is Who.
Speaker 1: Cares, dude?
Speaker 2: I mean, what you think you can think about, you think about absolutely that song is mass and timeless sash. I'm be honest, it's twenty twenty five, and when that song played today, I was like, that shit could get cut today. I mean it's that big of a I mean, there ain't nobody sing that as there was that song? Is this?
Speaker 4: No, that's what that was the journey and that's where that's when it started.
Speaker 2: Did you sing that demo and do all that pedling or did he kind of just do that?
Speaker 4: I think I sang the demo, man, I can't remember. That's a long time ago. If we just did, if they just cut it, we did a work tape and they just cut.
Speaker 2: It was early two thousands, so you're talking.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Hearing you sing those songs, even when you sing like fast cars and freedom and all that, I always think. I always think to myself, like, man, what what timing it was that you and Gary were buddies and Wendell are doing those things and writing those songs because you all have the same tenor tone that you can just because a lot of times when you're writing songs, you're trying to pitch the artists. You gotta you gotta conform to the artist, right, you gotta. You can't, can't sing too high if the guy can't go a little bit. But like, I love being able to write those songs because I'm the same way I'm. I'm a high tenor and and can get up there, and I love soaring melodies. And I don't get to write them a ton because there ain't a lot of guys in town that can do it.
Speaker 4: It's amazing though, that that there's certain artists that that hear through it, they hear passed.
Speaker 2: Is like I've had four, like four Trace Akins cuts.
Speaker 4: He's a freaking bass singer, no doubt, and he decided to cut him off of my demo. Yeah, and my demos there I put him where I'm gonna do them if I'm doing a record. But there's some artists like Blake Shelton. I've pitched him so many things and never had a Blake Shelton cut. Yeah, and I've pisched him so many things. But Scott Hendricks told me it's like Blake's got to hear it where it is for him. They don't. It's like he then the songs right here is like, dude, you can change the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're lucky.
Speaker 4: We're lucky. I tried to get a Blake.
Speaker 2: We're I mean, we're blessed that that looke can go, you know, because we can. It kind of just opens the doors to be creative and rite a melody that's kind of outside the box because you know, you got a guy that you're going to send it to that can do it well.
Speaker 4: He's got the chops. I mean that freaking he's one of him singing the phone Book kind of guys.
Speaker 2: Ain't no doubt, man, Like you've been in the game for so long, have you ever felt jaded?
Speaker 1: Have you ever felt tired of it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? I feel like that comes in goes it's been coming and going for the last thirty years. Yeah for me, because that's how long I've been doing this.
Speaker 2: It's over thirty yeah, And it's how do you still get excited about it?
Speaker 1: Even now? You're still you're writing nothing.
Speaker 4: It's nothing. A cool, great song won't cure.
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 4: It's just the way it is. And it's like when you you get on one, you're like, Okay, this is why I do it.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun again, and then you think, and then you go through your stages of like, I can't write a song anymore. I lost it. Your fingers still go to the same places on the guitar, your melody sound the freaking same, and you're like, I'm bored to death.
Speaker 2: Myself.
Speaker 4: You go through those phases and then then you go back. I go back to just doing it. Like when I write for something, when I write like I'm doing the record. If I'm writing for myself, that's when I have the most success. I'm not trying to write for somebody, trying to write for me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, like the Turkey conversation we just had, when you think back to like, obviously they're all special, but is there a song that you that like really means is a special kind of meaning to you that you've had that you've written, whether it's a hit or not.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's there's been a bunch of them. There's been a there's There was a song on that I wrote with Wendell called Ellsworth mm. It was on Rascal Flats And that was that kind of started with my grandmother.
Speaker 2: M h, well, do you remember do you remember me texting you about that hunting when we were we were we were.
Speaker 1: Turkey hunting, driving and I didn't even know that song. And then we listen to that song, but we were we were driving.
Speaker 2: Through it was four thirty in the morning, you could barely see it, and and we were driving through it and I just heard Luke home and.
Speaker 1: Something and he's going, oh, song about And I was like, what are you singing? And he's like Ellsworth Kansas Man.
Speaker 2: And there was a water tower that had Ellsworth on the side of it, and he's like, dude, Neil Thrasher, you know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait, what that song I text you.
Speaker 2: That early in the morning. I was like, hey, yes, I remember that to a turkey hunt and we're driving through a start.
Speaker 4: Because my grandmother was like getting up there and she was living. So we moved to Cool Springs and she was her driving and she's like, oh, she's driving the wrong lane. That's that kind of deal. It's just it was about her losing it here. But but she also lived in Kansas and it was like she could tell you everything that all started from that.
Speaker 1: Wow, great song.
Speaker 4: It's funny. It's funny how those kind of diseases treat people. They can remember what went on fifty years ago, and they can't remember what they just two minutes ago. Yeah, a little bit. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: It's kind of beautiful too that that's that's what it leaves them though, Like it leaves them the good, like it leaves them there. Yep.
Speaker 4: Her biscuits were like my thing when she was you know, And that's the first line, Grandma burned a biscuit. And it's like because she nobody made a biscuit.
Speaker 3: Like, why didn't nobody make a biscuit like a grandmother me and mom's biscuits, you know.
Speaker 2: Next level, she knew she was cooking on for us. Next put a little love in there. Dude was cooked with love tasted.
Speaker 4: But there's other songs too, I mean there's there's a ton of them that were cut that didn't come out that I felt like should have. You know, a lot of course there goes my life. It would be always be special.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Try that in the small town is probably the biggest, and the I'm probably the most because of what it did.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. The odds.
Speaker 4: It should have never happened. And as much as they tried to kill it, they couldn't kill it.
Speaker 1: Give us a small give us the small snippet of that. Give our listeners a small stip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, funny enough. I had my golf clothes on that Tuesday morning, and Caleb, me and me and Lovelace right every Tuesday. So not Patty Lovelace, No, not Kelly Loveless. It's Kelly Lovelace like Linda.
Speaker 1: But anyway, he calls, we talked before.
Speaker 4: You know, we zoom or whatever, or he comes over and plays if it's pretty and it's worn, we're playing golf, or I want to play golf. So I got my golf clothes on and I'm upstairs. I said, dude, I said, it's a beautiful day for golf. We tell this story all the time. He goes, I don't think we're playing golf today. And I go, what are you talking about? And I said, what do you got? He was walking that morning watching the news and he was watching these these he saw this woman gets sucker punched on the sidewalk in New York City just for no reason. Somebody just came up just well way later, and he and they were showing that what was going on in New York City at the time, and these people were coming up and hitting people just for no reason. You remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember that. That wasn't it just full on just.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, just knocking them out. And CALO's watching this while he's walking. He's getting pissed and he's like and he said, it just hit him. He's like, try it in a small sound, you know, and he goes, oh. So he calls me. He says, we ain't playing golf today, and he told me the title. I go, God's so freaking awesome. I said, nobody's gonna cut it. We're not gonna make any money off of that, I said, But I did go. I did say, we have to write it. Yeah, we have to write it. Whether it gets cut or not, we have to. And then I said, we got through about a verse and about a half of course, and we had the melody pretty much going, and I said, I said, we need to call Tully and Kurt. I said, because there's only one person on the planet that would even say this. He may put it on a record, but he you know, it ain't gonna be put out. So we got with Tullian Kirk and we finished it. We went to their studio and we put the music down, put the track of going saying it, did the demo, and they mixed it and just like my cousin mixed it Patrick and we sent it to al Dean. They did and it took about as much time for him to listen to a song. To get back with him. I said, I'm cutting this. This is my country boy new Comfortabale can't survive. And I was like what. And then me and Kaylo had a thousand dollars bet that he wouldn't put it on the radio. I said, he's gonna put it out. I said, no, he's not gonna stop there. He's not gonna cut that song and not put it out. Yeah, and Kyle said he ain't gonna do it. I'll bet you a thousand dollars he puts.
Speaker 2: It out, would you buy that thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: I put it back into a tattoo fund that we're still trying to get. We're still trying to get Kirt to get a tattoo. I don't have any tattoos, but we all we all said, we said if we went number one, we'd all get tattooed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've said that a couple of times.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna happen, not gonna happen. Yeah, But anyway, and then the video came out. Yeah, all hell broke loose.
Speaker 2: And sparked it. Yeah, I mean really went nuts out of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And Whoopy Goldberg and all them on the viewer calling us and the al Dean and the songwriters must be a bunch of racists. And I like, where where are you getting it from? If anything, where do they get that from? Cause it fits there the absolutely we know why why they're doing it. Everybody knows why they're doing They can't stand Jason anyway because he's a Trump supporter. And which is another funny thing, because there's some more artists that are starting to come out from underneath their rocks. They're starting to be more vocal about you know, we didn't start this political thing. Who you supporting, who you don't, and just shut up and sing. We didn't start all that they did. Now it's time for you know, you see Carrie Underwood, she's going to sing, you know, God Bless America the anthem. She's not doing the anthem.
Speaker 1: We already catch.
Speaker 4: I know it. That's what I was saying. What is she singing? I just saw she was singing on it, America the Beautiful. Yeah, she's doing America the Beauty and catching. I love it. I freaking love it.
Speaker 2: And she knew she was, she was she had to do, she knew.
Speaker 4: And I think it's awesome and it's good to see everybody starting, not Karen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just just yeah exactly, just at least being honest about how you feel, how yes, and not letting that determine what how you live your life.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous that we live in a country that can't even have a conversation if you're on two sides of the fence, like, yeah, we should be able to talk about it, and we should be able to say how we were, just like everybody else.
Speaker 2: But it's also beautiful to live in the country that something like that happens. Try that small town comes out, video comes out, and they think it's a tea ball sitting on a tee that they're about to hit a home run with it to cancel Jason al Dean, Yeah, get this song, make this song a and then.
Speaker 1: What does that song did?
Speaker 2: Dude? What is the supporters of that song? What is the message of that song? Turn around and do to that. You can't put that fire out now.
Speaker 4: Well, you know when people try to create their own truth, it comes from the left and they try to create their own narrative and their own truth. But nobody's buying it anymore. Right, You know, that song is what it is. It's the truth, and it's it doesn't it's not against anybody or any race or anything else. It just is what it is. You're not gonna come down here and screw around. I don't care what color you are. You're not gonna come down here and burn a flag in our town square. It's not going to happen. You're not going to take our guns. We love the Turkey hunt. We love to do things. Got a gun that my granddad gave me. Everybody knows that's a shotgun. The granddad didn't give you an a R ten talking about got a gun. It doesn't matter what kind of gun it is. I'm gonna carry it regardless. It doesn't matter. And you're not going to infringe on that. You're not going to change that. I couldn't wait to write the song, and I'm so proud of that song and what it did and what it said, and that it that it did not get defeated and it did not get to get canceled. I'm so proud of that. That's awesome and so thankful for Jason al Dean. And you know he's taking a hard stance for sure. His cahoni's to put it out and take it.
Speaker 2: What do you hope What do you hope people get from listening to to y'all's podcast. What's the message you're sending all the pissed people off?
Speaker 4: Thress We just want to piss everybody off. No, No, it's good. We've had a really cool we didn't really know what was going to happen. We've had some cool guests on. We just had Brett Farvon, you know, we just did him and got to hear his story and that was coolest crack and we've had cash patail on and we've had and knowing these people are gonna do what they're gonna do now, it's coolest crap, you know. And we've had some rockers on there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 4: We've had some punk rockers on there. The drummer they got fired from the Offspring, you know, for not getting vaccinated. Yeah, that's so punk rock, isn't it? What? Anyway? But we've had some really cool outings. Been on a few times. Brittany, his wife's been on. Those were fun And we don't know what's gonna happen. We'll talk sports, we'll talk politics, we'll talk music, we'll talk hunting. Not much hunting, but it depends on the guest because the other three guys don't hunt. Trying to get them. I'm trying to get him there. We want to get him there. We'll take them turkey.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Are we graver?
Speaker 1: I think we're about a graver?
Speaker 2: Okay, do the.
Speaker 4: Song or no? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Is the song of this?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: There's not this.
Speaker 1: Man? Can we can we just can?
Speaker 2: Can?
Speaker 1: Can the gravorite just be just one of it? Just maybe a few of his hits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can shut up. I'm almost.
Speaker 2: Is that too high? What song is that? Not? Train?
Speaker 5: Got not and a man? Stuff?
Speaker 4: Get it?
Speaker 1: Do you care to get?
Speaker 4: Care to get it?
Speaker 2: I can go wherever? Where do you want to go?
Speaker 4: Is that a standard?
Speaker 2: That would be standard?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Out?
Speaker 1: Let me ship?
Speaker 4: Well you're not have swam with me here here, I don't want to do anyth I'm not gonna I'm gonna hanad it back to you.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna play.
Speaker 1: It's tight, it's tight.
Speaker 4: We're plugged in. Hang on, I didn't know where were pluged in.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: We get it out of it too, We do whatever.
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 2: He is too high?
Speaker 4: Are you shipping me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For him? What are you talking about? I've been thinking about.
Speaker 5: You, old a babe?
Speaker 2: You remember the words?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't. I think.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I've been.
Speaker 9: Thinking about you, old a bay and waiting on that Sunda goold?
Speaker 4: What you say?
Speaker 8: Up with you?
Speaker 4: Of after war? You sling over? We said part now it today it's a five. Don't know where we s about to the outskirts of town.
Speaker 5: Gotta blinging in? A fifth came over.
Speaker 2: It's two verses.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, a little something to knock on off.
Speaker 2: There you can go.
Speaker 9: Man, you're supposed to get a little cool too. Now looks like I'm gonna have to hold you time.
Speaker 5: I guess he might about a mile on four Meal road.
Speaker 10: That's fine.
Speaker 9: A little body in those park the truck and will tell you gonna running.
Speaker 5: Hurry up, girl, like here and come in. Gottam moone in a million stars.
Speaker 9: The sound of stealing a watch car a thought he dropping me insane? Come on, baby, the school doesn't do the nice.
Speaker 4: For niney traine. You almost got it, so sorry, make stakes.
Speaker 2: Which Let's trade place?
Speaker 1: Yes, trade places.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be more fun.
Speaker 1: Got a course, it does only if you'll see harmony with me.
Speaker 2: Oh I will. Let's get a three part Let's get a let's get a three part nice, little little three part nice on that course. I want to see her. I was missing it all. Here we go, So I have the verses.
Speaker 5: You were raised on a nice farm farm.
Speaker 2: Ain't never heard rooster crow, never worn bell foot by river.
Speaker 5: Filled mud up between your twos.
Speaker 2: You never rolled in the hay, never phone in and phone well, climb my phone in here, girl, let me show you how country a few minutes.
Speaker 5: Let your hand down, hand now, get you some of this laid all that. Kick your shoes off, kick him off, get you somebody else know now fast I'll take up and down these howlers and his Let me show you.
Speaker 1: Country, all right, give him some fast counting freedom. Just go, dude, just go, just go for a minute.
Speaker 2: Us now he's us behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's who was at this saying that was on here?
Speaker 2: I s always actually cook she's a kid.
Speaker 1: That was her graver.
Speaker 5: She killed it, steverybody setting up me. Come on now, wondering.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 5: I know you're thinking.
Speaker 4: The baby don't need it?
Speaker 7: Where's his?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 4: And I see when it's gone?
Speaker 8: Come on, well I see you a strap funnel it a overino baby.
Speaker 10: Blue head on my shoulder. Wait, baby on the right. There it is, see shirt hanging on the door with the French.
Speaker 5: That river was cold. We gave out a chair. You don't look antail the.
Speaker 4: Fast course of freedom.
Speaker 5: Let suns by first some feeling.
Speaker 4: He takes a half step down.
Speaker 2: That's right, you need to go up.
Speaker 4: No, I'll keep it there. He's in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's probably perfect, probably better. I was thinking of you bring it out.
Speaker 11: That Smila, shake your head if you don't believe me, can I just see it? Runney and lady jack.
Speaker 6: Me bye on that battle road.
Speaker 5: Look at me.
Speaker 4: I don't know when to pick you up.
Speaker 5: You're standing on the floor. Just lie.
Speaker 1: Just like that.
Speaker 8: I see a stamp, final wind and old red over baby Blue. Your head on my shoulder. Way, baby, don't know right there it.
Speaker 7: Is, says Shirt.
Speaker 5: I am the down breach.
Speaker 7: That river was cold, but we gave out of chair. You don't look at tail over fastcals pray, don't.
Speaker 8: Let sunstrill make first time fam.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm gonna take you.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 5: So far off for me.
Speaker 10: I got few chickets in my pocket. Morse, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Miss a pea. He waited so long.
Speaker 6: Wait, it's so long waiting, so long, waited, so long, waiting so long.
Speaker 10: I've got two tickets to bed thence won't you beck you' tonight? God tickets to Paradise, pressure.
Speaker 2: And God Country. I don't know where that section we've ever done.
Speaker 1: Dude, you are a monster, bro monster. That was fund Thanks for coming on, Thanks for hanging out with.
Speaker 4: Turkey.
Speaker 3: I'm ready, we're going to I'm going to I'm also gonna just gonna make a birdie with you a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you play some golf to that was I'm buzzing. I'm buzz I think I'm a shock.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: Neil. Thank you, Thank y'all.
Speaker 2: We love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks hanging out guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks you for your stance, dude on on humanity and on on the you know where we're at as far as a nation is a country as a people for truth, man for truth, for your songs and honestly that knowing, and it really does.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't come out as clickbait. It doesn't come out as check our stuff out, but you should check try try that in a small town podcast out. But I'm saying it doesn't come across as content. It comes across as a genuine love for humanity and and and the way things are and and and genuinely just getting along with your fellow American.
Speaker 1: We appreciate for the good man.
Speaker 4: We appreciate that, and we wanted to do I mean, I know you guys are the same way. It's like we want to use our platforms to you know, we do like fundraisers up in Illinois, the small towns up there, we'll do for the f f A, you know, some of the vets, and that's what the big picture is for us. That's what we want to do. And I know you guys are the same way. Any anytime we can do that and help out and give back, go play, go do some show of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're happy.
Speaker 3: We're happy to be your brother podcast in arms and we we we we we view you guys as brothers as well.
Speaker 1: Yes we do too.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having hanging out in God's country with us. We'll check you'll next time. See you Peace.