Speaker 1: It is the twenty third anniversary of nine to eleven, and celebrities are roaming the Canter Fitzgerald trading floor today calling clients in an effort to raise money for Canter Fitzgerald as well as their own charities. Bloomberg's Shaneli Bassek is there and she joins us live now with one of those celebrities, an NFL star, Chanali.
Speaker 2: Yes, you may remember Rob Gronkowski, of course, of NFL fame here formerly of the Patriots, now here for charity day at Canter Fitzgerald.
Speaker 3: What brings you here?
Speaker 4: Well, this is actually my third year coming here with Canna Fitzgerald, and it's my third year in a row coming with.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend Camille as well.
Speaker 4: And when I first heard about it, you know, first got asked to Calm, I thought it was a no brain. I mean, Cana Fitzgerald just does such a great job remembering those that were falling, you know, that were that are deceased from the ninety eleven event in two thousand and three that occurred. So it's just an amazing tradition what Canter Fitzgerald is doing just to remember.
Speaker 3: Everyone you know that has passed away and.
Speaker 4: Just bringing awareness to that situation and just raising money for great causes out there as well. And today we're actually raising money for my foundation as well to the Grant Nation Youth Foundation, which.
Speaker 3: Is really cool.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day too, what's been interesting is watching you and many other celebrities here replacing trades. What are you thinking about in terms of your career now after football? You seem to be quite the business man.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am quite the business man, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm doing a lot of things out there.
Speaker 4: My favorite opportunity is a new salad joint new sale adventure that I that I've invested into. I'm a co founder, and it's actually just started in the Florida area in the Tampa you know geography. We got three stores now we're going to be just expanding rapidly. But also here, I want to bring the stock market back I heard is down right now with the election thing and everything that's going on. So I'm here at Canna Fitzgerald to do some trades. I want to do the biggest trades of the day and bring that stock market so it's just booming back, you know, back up to the sky.
Speaker 2: Well, well absolutely, let you know, where the day today. You know, I'm also interested in other forms of business and sports together. We have seen recently the NFL approve private equity interest in teams. Really curious about where you think that's gonna take things moving forward.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I didn't know about that.
Speaker 4: You know, that's the first time I was aware of that situation. I really don't know how that works, the private equity, you know, with teams in the NFL.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 4: Out at that stage of being an owner of a team or everyone participating of being an ownership of a team.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would love to own a team.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like the NFL only goes up and up and up, and Tom Brady is actually on the verge of owning a team, and what an excellent gig to get into.
Speaker 3: That would be amazing.
Speaker 4: If he does, because I think he can maybe break the barrier of players getting in to ownership. So hoping that all falls through and he deserves it as well everything that he has done for the game. But with the private aquiy stuff that we're talking about, I don't not too familiar with it, so I really can't comment too much.
Speaker 2: You know, your former team you mentioned Tom Brady here starting his career as an announcer for Fox.
Speaker 3: How do you create his performance? Yes, he did really well.
Speaker 4: I feel like he was a rookie out there, a highly anticipated rookie. I mean there was a lot of hype. I think there's a little bit more hype than there should have been. I mean I kind of put him on a pedestal that he had to perform, like a shild of rocket ship. But I think he did an excellent job. And I feel like he's just only going to improve. I know him personally, he loves to improve. He likes to work on anything. Any chance he has to, you know, any opportunity he has to get better, he's gonna do. And he's just going to improve weekend and week out.
Speaker 3: And I give him. I give him a passing grade.
Speaker 4: You know, he got the win in his first job, in his first you know, opportunity of being an analyst.
Speaker 2: What about you, what is your future media career looking like? You see that deal that Amazon struck with the Kelsey Brothers one hundred million dollar podcast deal. Do you want something like that?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 4: You know, I just want to do some stuff that I love to do. Like I said, I got in the business, co founding the Salid Place. Actually, I'm a co co founder of my brother's company, to Ice Shaker.
Speaker 3: And the only thing, the only reason why I have this on me because.
Speaker 4: I thought it looked cool with my shoes and I put my protein shake in here this morning because I was on the go and spilled a little bit of it right here. But that's what happens. But love just getting into the business world. I mean, I'm actually starting a podcast with Julian Edelman as well, and we're actually filming our first two episodes this Friday coming up. We're gonna film the first two and then we're gonna release it once every week on Thursday nights throughout the football season, so.
Speaker 3: That would be fun.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm enjoying what I'm doing, you know, That's what it's most important. I Mean, I'm set for life for my football career, and it's really about enjoying and doing what I love to do.
Speaker 3: And hanging out with Julian and that crew is fun.
Speaker 4: Hanging out with the Fox guys when I do the Fox gig of the pregame show that they're great guys to hang out with, and just all the business ventures I'm in as well. They're with my friends and family and love to do all that too, So I'm happy where I'm out.
Speaker 2: Just twenty seconds too early to ask you who's going to win the Super Bowl this year?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I mean I think the Kansas City Chiefs are going to be the team.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got to knock them off.
Speaker 4: I mean I had Baltimore maybe being it, but they just showed it, showed it once again that they can't eat the Chiefs, that they can't you know, amp up their game when needed, they can't win the big game.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go with the Chiefs again, I mean going for the three P. I mean, hey, Rob, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much for your time. Of course, that is Rob Gronkowski, Scarlett back to you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Shanali Dasik, thank you so much. Rob Gronkowski making the call that he is looking for the Kansas City Chiefs to be three P Super Bowl champions.