Speaker 1: Hey, folks, this is many here. I'm genuinely ecstatic that you're tuning in for episode three of No Such Thing. Quick content warning, though this episode features language that may be uncomfortable to hear. You probably guess this by the literal title of the episode, but in many cases this language is not censored. So if you don't want to hear any of that, now's your chance to back out. Otherwise, enjoy the episode. I'm Manny, I'm Noah, and this is No such Thing a show where we settle our dumb arguments and yours by actually doing the research. Today's episode is about the return of slurs. We'll talk about why we think this is happening, we'll hear from some people who are using slurs again, and we'll also interview a very special guest. There's no such thing, no such thing.
Speaker 2: Touch thank touch touch than.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm going to start here with kind of an acknowledgment, an acknowledgment that a lot of us were using slurs when we were in middle school, elementary school.
Speaker 3: High school, high school.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not going to go that far into college. I remember, specifically in middle school, you know, I was in the Halo two lobbies like that. That was not a safe space, so to speak. You were getting racial slurs, homophobic slurs, the R word just flying left and right, every other word, especially when you would lose, which I never did in middle school and in high school, in my experience, you started to see the usage of these words take a step back. And I remember this is around the time when like people in your circles would start coming out. And I remember one of my best friends came out to us and he was someone who was using the F word. But it made sense, right because he was like.
Speaker 4: From but remember to the community.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but I remember him taking me to the side once and being like upset that I was using it. Back then, you're using the F word. You're not talking about gay people, and so this is what I'm trying to tell my friend at the time, and he's saying, actually, I know you're not talking about gay people, but the word originated as a slur of gay people, and you mean to describe someone who's stupid or ignorant. But you're saying this word that was meant to make me feel bad. And I was like, all right, that's fair. I'm not gonna argue with you. Yeah, I'm like, yeah, I'm all ears. I won't say I quit cold Turkey after that conversation, yes, who can't. But that was a time when I was like, Okay, I'm starting to realize some of the nuances of these words. And then yeah, progressively, since then, my usage died down almost completely. Now, fast forward what twenty years, Jesus Christ world, Fast forward twenty years. I'm in the Lower East Side. I'm watching the Lakers play against the Celtics. This is going somewhere, I promised, and I'm at this bar. There are some Celtics fans in there that are going fucking crazy. I was like, actually, like.
Speaker 4: Whoa For context, for people who don't watch sports, there's always been I guess reports and players accusing Celtics fans of using slurs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, more specifically the N word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Boston sports.
Speaker 3: Yes, Boston sports. Yeah, more widely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they're in there. Lebron is you know. I love Lebron, He's my king, my idol. But he was he was maybe complaining a little bit too much about a particular foul, and these guys were just letting it the I was blown away by what they were saying, and I was like, holy shit, we're in Manhattan. F word, our word, your mother is blah blah blah. And I'm like, whoa, now it's turn. I couldn't understand the power of these words until they use them against Lebron James. No, but I was like, Okay, are these words back or are these guys just Celtics fans? Like maybe these guys never stopped. Yeah, yeah, it's hard to tell. In that moment. When I really realized that these words were back is when I was at a dinner and everyone at the dinner is uh, not just a liberal, but also more left than that, to be fair, like, so many of them are queer, so like if you're if you're queer.
Speaker 3: Using that degree or an attempt to maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I was still surprised at the high usage rate within that conversation, and that's when I was like, Okay, something's going on here. So that's kind of been my experience. I'm curious what your guys's experience with hearing these slurs are.
Speaker 4: So yeah, obviously we have a lot of the same friends, so I've noticed it in our friend group as well. But I'm seeing on Twitter like people are saying, like, hey, if y'all noticed a lot more people are using the R word. And then that new FX show the English teacher was in the trailer.
Speaker 5: The kids this year, they're not into being woken all the way around.
Speaker 1: They're saying the R word again.
Speaker 4: So it's reached, you know, FX writer level of popularity.
Speaker 3: Now it's not just the US thing.
Speaker 1: But did you guys like use slurs growing up? To be honest, and this is not me trying to.
Speaker 6: I really like never used I'll say the only time I've ever used our word is like if I'm by myself gaming and it's it's it's at myself, like wow, I'm frustrated, and I'll say it.
Speaker 1: But like and I'm not gaming on I'm not on.
Speaker 3: That live you're talking. That's darker, to be honest, it's much darker.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. I'm not I'm not doing this to pay myself in a nicer life. But when you were growing up, that was just never kind of part of the Like had friends who would use use them, and but it was just like I just never.
Speaker 4: Did our word for sure used to use it, I would say, not as often, yeah, but I would say, yeah, high school, early college.
Speaker 3: I was sort of like, all right, you gotta stop saying that.
Speaker 4: And then I feel like everyone had in your circles people who would I don't even say, like police these words, but like would call you out for using them m hm. And I think, you know, you get tired of people calling you out, you eventually stop using it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not like you're going to die on the celfa. Yeah, for what reason exactly? You know, all right, we've established the three of us are woke kings. We don't use the words anymore. But how do you ever like read a tweet or something that has these words in it and find it funny? Like oh, yeah, yeah, okay, we're on the same page about that. I'm asking because I was maybe two years ago. I crashed through the TV show Veep. Oh yeah, incredible show. I remember a specific line that I found hilarious, Like I was laughing for like I had to pause the show to laugh, And I remember thinking like, oh, I don't want anyone to know that I laughed at this.
Speaker 2: What was the line, Governor, It's so nice for me to come with us, to come for Jonah jonan Oh Ryan has as much chance of becoming president as a stack of retarded raccoons in a trench coat.
Speaker 1: And it paints such a vivid picture that line.
Speaker 4: With all of these words, right, like they're able to communicate something so quickly, Like what other words could you put in that place to get that joke across?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the way punchiness of it. Yes, well, I'm only bringing this up for validation.
Speaker 3: Yes, I just want you to tell me that I'm allowed.
Speaker 1: To laugh at this, Okay, So why is the question? Why do we think this is happening? Why are people using slurs so freely? Again?
Speaker 6: So, I mean I think it's just kind of a blacklash to a kind of hyper policing of language I've seen in the past, say, fifteen years. I mean it goes back further. I mean, like in the nineties you would hear it as just political correctness. You know, there's a line of acceptability of what's okay to say or not to say. We heard it recently about the election with being told to use the word Latin X or you know, people talk about homelessness or unhoused people and it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people experiencing homelessness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it's these things that are ultimately harmless, but they also don't necessarily do that much to help any maybe disenfranchised groups. If you want to be called this, I'll call you that. If you don't, I'll try not to. I guess there's a pendulum that swings, and you know, it'll go back and forth, and I'm sure we'll see it change again in the future.
Speaker 1: That to me would mean then that there's kind of like an overlap. There's like people on the left and people on the right, and there's a middle where it's like anti political correctness like groups. Because I'm I'm mostly interested in why people on the left are bringing these words back. I feel like people on the right maybe never stop saying them, or the usage rate dropped, but not all the way. But like people on the left, I feel like it are. That's where I'm like, this is interesting.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: So we wanted to hear from some people who have been using these words again after not using them for a really long time, and so we did this call out and we got a few responses. I do want to note like how hard it was to get people to agree to do this, Like everyone had a million questions whether they would be anonymous. Who are you telling about this?
Speaker 4: Which is very interesting, right, because I think it speaks to like to know as earlier point where we are with this, that people are fine using it in their trusted groups, but they don't want to be outed as using it to the public.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was the prevailing sentiment from everyone who responded, except one person who was like, if I'm going to use these words, you should put my name on this, and I was like, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Maybe a protection.
Speaker 1: Protection You're.
Speaker 6: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: So we'll play a few sound bites of people who sent in some voice notes to us about why they use these words. Again, but one of the responses I got is in text form, and I'll just read that for you guys. I'm gay and a woman. I just want to be clear this is I'm reading. I'm reading someone's response. Let's just the Yeah, I'm gay and a woman. So I think it's funny if I call someone a pussy as a slur, or if I say the word faggot. A few years ago, some of my best friends started to throw around the R word. At first, I was really shocked. I hadn't heard that word in years, I couldn't believe my leftist progressive friends would say that. After a few more times the shot or off, it started to feel normal. I don't freely or openly say it, and if I do slip up, it's definitely with shame, and only around people who have said it first. Some groups of people simply have normalized it, and others continue to think it's extremely offensive, So it's definitely a gamble. In another thing, I think it's become fully divorced from the concept of actual disability, kind of like how on South Park they were all saying the word fagot to talk about motorcycle gangs and fully forgot it refers to gay people. How is it?
Speaker 8: Do you boys think referring to gay people as fags and today's world is acceptable.
Speaker 3: Because we're not referring to gay people. You can be gay and not be a fag. Yeah, a lot of fags aren't gay.
Speaker 7: I happen to be gay. Boys.
Speaker 3: Do you think I'm a fag?
Speaker 6: Do you write a big, loud Harley and go up and down the streets ruining everyone's nice time?
Speaker 3: No, then you're not a fag.
Speaker 7: I'm a thirty year old white male. But to hear people like project their own moral comp this on you know, so your life is like is like really reductive. It's more reductive than, in my opinion, like saying the thing you know, because it's like, how the fuck do you know? It has been either a white guy telling me that it's like you know, something you've never been through. It's like you neither has have been through it.
Speaker 2: You know, I am a twenty six year old woman through our private contexts where I'm with my friends and we know each other's values, and I wouldn't be friends with them if I believed like they were bad people who dislike people with disabilities. That word in a way that is very clearly ironic and not in a way that's meant to disparage disable people. It can jopingly come up in like those private spaces, but overall, my feeling is that I just want a word that carries the strength and stupidity and malice of the R word is an ablest and that's something that I hope is introduced into the vernacula at some point.
Speaker 1: For three guys who are looking for an answer to why people are using these words. Again, we are in luck because after the break, we're going to be talking to someone who did a story about this. All right, we're back. This is Manny.
Speaker 3: I'm Noah Devin, and we have a.
Speaker 1: Very special guest. Mia DeGraf, is a deputy executive editor at Business Insider, and she was actually the editor of a piece about this very topic, the return of slurs. And she also happens to be my girlfriend. So there's some light nepotism going on here, but you're actually uniquely qualified to talk about this.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes I am.
Speaker 1: Recently, Mia, you put together a story about this very thing that we're talking about, the return of slurs. Tell us how this story came about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I'm on a team that it's you know, I'm a health editor, but our work spans into psychology as well. So a psychology reporter who I was speaking with and she was like, I feel like everyone's saying slurs and it's liberal, lefty people. And I was like, Oh, this is so true, and it's a vibe shift that I think everyone has seen you hear it around. It's like on Twitter, like random people saying it, but I haven't seen like a definitive article that really charts like why this is happening. When this happened, can you measure it in any way? So I was like, great, let's get into it. It took us so long to try and really piece it together because it's so kind of amorphous, like it's just this thing that it's definitely happening and you feel it and you see it, but it's hard to really pinpoint where am why now.
Speaker 4: It's not like a data point that's like, actually, you know the R word is up.
Speaker 9: Right well, because all of you know, I've been in a science journalist for like ten years and everything we do is like you know, using studies and data and all that kind of thing, and this is the kind of thing you just can't measure because it a moves so quickly and be it's like really specifically developed online and it's people who you can't really identify who they are or like they because this is what Julia Pukachevski, the psychology reporter who came to me with this idea, and our first port of call was just like calling out to people to be like do you use this? What do you think about it? And I had so many responses. I posted an Instagram story and I had hundreds and I really don't have that many Instagram followers, so this is a high proportion and hundreds of people coming in being like yeah, yeah, I use these sirs and I find it really funny, Like most people who responded to my stories, and these are people who I would not have expected.
Speaker 4: And I were like, what, like admitting to using it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, like what words do you use? And they're like, oh, yeah, I say things are gay or I use insert random suzz and I'm like why and they're like, because it's funny. And then to each one, I'd be like, oh, can we talk about it like officially and they'd be like.
Speaker 4: No, that's so similarity to the issue we ran into, right, yeah.
Speaker 9: This is like and I was like, okay, fine, whatever, And then Julia tweeted about it. Her tweet got screenshotted and meaned and just like she got completely dunked on Twitter, people being like oh you cop and like what's da da da da? But then and so then I was like, Okay, well this is maybe slightly backfiring.
Speaker 1: I just sent her out into the.
Speaker 9: But then it was so crazy because she was then showing me like a lot of the people who were donkey on her on Twitter, were then privately dming her being like, I have actually lots of.
Speaker 6: Thoughts about Oh that's exactly, That's exactly these types of people I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: So it was interesting, but it was definitely like something that really identified like that something was there because it was something that we'd seen online. I think the real step up for us that made this like a big story is that like movies and stuff there and it's like becoming very mainstream, especially when you see like all of the Democrats like really trying to get in on memes and stuff, and then everyone's trying to use this very like taboo transgressive language. And then Deadpool had a joke about the R word and everyone's like posting about it. I was like, Okay, Ryan Reynolds is making this joke. This is like such an old thing now, so like we must be able to chart this.
Speaker 1: I can. I cannot bring myself to watch that movie. What is the joke? And you I was not expecting to see you here. I thought you were you know, retired, regarded retired. Oh he pronounced.
Speaker 9: It pronounced retired to make it sound like the word. And then the guy's like what and then it's like this.
Speaker 3: Is like when we were in elementary school.
Speaker 9: And this is the kind of joke that you would get in like a really bad like Seth Rogan movie two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yees, don't disrespect Seth like that. Now this is like a Royan Reynolds movie from the two thousand Reynolds.
Speaker 9: Still it's like it's swung right back. Oh my god, I could do.
Speaker 1: This again, blacking. I'm curious, like what were your findings, Like you set out to dive into why this is happening? Is there a real answer?
Speaker 9: We went through one angle, which is like what is the history of these words? Like when were they starting to be used? So the R word didn't come about as like a slur until like the sixties and seventies, and didn't really step up until like, you know, the nineties. That's where I really got going. But then you can see ways in which things started to get policed, like like very specific ways, Like there was a black Eyed Peas.
Speaker 1: Song, Oh my, let's get it started.
Speaker 9: I remembered it as they had changed it because it was offensive.
Speaker 3: True, Oh that's how I remember it.
Speaker 1: I just assume that's what it was.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know they changed it. Because it was going to be in the two thousand and four NBA Finals or something like, they were going to be playing that song and then I guess the networks but like, we can't have that word. So then they did a clean versions and then it made really big news that they'd made a clean version, And it was kind of happening at this time where there was beginning to be these campaigns about whether or not you can use these words, but that actually really turbo charged a conversation about it.
Speaker 6: I'm curious, like how much of this shift, if you know, like, is it coming from bottom up, from like the people, or is it like kind of mandated by Like it makes sense that the NBA and all these corporate people would want to be very safe, But then does a shift like this where now it's acceptable for the Deadpool movie to have this.
Speaker 1: Like is that influencing us or are we influencing them?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 9: Like, I think one of the most interesting things about this is that there are so many more bloodlines, and I think that's actually part of the reason why people really wanted to harness this, like speaking of the bottom of angle. It's like, you know, left wing people being like I don't want you to make any assumptions about who I am just because I look queer or am left wing. All these ideas of the left being like very pedantic and very kind of like gatekeeping what is right, being like, no, I'm actually like I contain multitudes. I guess you know, It's like I could be all different kinds of things. So there is that side of it. But then you know, culture is a circle, so there are like other things like with the NBA finals kind of shifting what that song was and that creating a whole conversation. Like a few years later, there was a legal shift where Obama signed Rosa's Law, which basically meant that you couldn't use the word mental retardation anymore.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: Roses Law takes the idea a step further. It amends the language and all federal health, education, and labor laws to remove that same phrase and instead refer to Americans living within intellectual disability.
Speaker 9: That it was basically removing the R word from like standard language, and that was like there was a huge campaign for it, and that actually made this huge shift and it was really part of like you know, the Obama administration and this new kind of woke kind of moment where people were talking about what you should and shouldn't do, what you can and cannot say, you know, and like Obama coming in, everyone's like this is a new era of hope and like and we're doing the right thing. And there was like literal laws being passed that was like we're going to be saying the right thing as well as doing the right thing. So I think there were like some logistical things that are top down as well well.
Speaker 4: I feel like at a certain point, saying you shouldn't say that thing.
Speaker 3: Was like radical and wild.
Speaker 4: Like I remember this is like an early Kanye interview when he's talking about how like in hip hop, like it's cool to like call people gay, and like you see f Wort and he's like, I have a cousin who's gay.
Speaker 10: It's like I would really discriminate, Like I use the word fact, fact, fact, fact, like.
Speaker 3: Always a condescendant.
Speaker 10: I'm my cousin told me that another one of my cousins was gay. And at that point, it's kind of when the turning point where I was like, Yo, this is my cousin. I love him, Like I've been discriminating against gays. It's like do I discriminate against my cousin.
Speaker 4: And it's just like this is not at a time when people were like homophobia and hip hop is like to be a problem. But at the time, it was like whoa, Like this dude's radical. He's like pushing against the green in the same way that he's like I'm wearing a poet. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, it makes sense. There's a lot of other things around him, especially at the time.
Speaker 4: But then you know, and the means, why now you have this opposite of like Okay, if everyone thinks that that is the acceptable thing to do, then the new way to stand out is to be like Hitler's actually kind of cool.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like, what's the I'm supposed to say this out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so yeah. I think it was like there was a shift where everyone started to be like, okay, actually we wanted to do things differently. And then you have just the advent of social media, which is huge, and like that's around the time of Obama, like you know, Obama's presidency and that all kicking in and you start to use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and all of these spaces where everyone is getting like instant feedback on things. So it might be that before, like you know, you're a high school friends or whatever, you're all kind of hanging out and everyone's saying stuff in their own little echo chamber just together, and it's you might find out that someone didn't think that was cool, like three days later when like Tom told Dan told you that, like, oh yeah, she didn't think that was cool or whatever. But now you're instantly getting people being like, oh yeah, that's awful, and this instant feedback loop. Who Suddenly people are like really second guessing themselves and starting to just kind of expand their perspective of like people as well. Like being on my I was exposed to so many more people. You know, you start to really see different people's experiences and perspectives way more.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 9: I think that actually created this Like that was something that we found through reporting the story, through speaking to experts, they can really pinpoint that, like twenty ten to twenty twelve, there was a real shift in terms of people being like, oh, I can't just say this stuff and it has no ramifications.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're seeing how the return of slurs is kind of a response or over correction of the sensitivity levels of the twenty tens, you've got the Black Eyed peas in the NBA, You've got Obama leading the effort of getting the R word out of medicine. Social media appears and it opens people up to these new perspectives and then people are kind of just revolting against this after that. But the piece also talks about the Red Scare podcast and the effect that it probably had on the return of slurs. Like, we in this room know what that show is, but for people who don't, can you just take us down that path a bit?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the red Scare is something that's come up with literally anyone everyone we've spoken to about this pretty much. I mean some people not, but like most people who are like liberal online people were like, oh, well, obviously the red Scare.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess I'd like to take a hard line right now and say that I think it's fine to say retarded, and that everyone who thinks it's not fine to say retarded it's probably pretty retarded.
Speaker 9: So the Red Scare was this podcast. It's two women who turned themselves as bohemian layabouts. They're kind of like really capture what you would call the bag left, where they're kind of like coming at things from a socialist perspective and really taking issue with like the centrist part of the Democrat Party that's like these kind of really polished, flashy people who are also like raging war in the Middle East and stuff. So they're like, you've got these kind of liberal coded ideals and your winning elections, but are you actually championing rights for like working people and stuff. So that was kind of how they built up. They started in twenty eighteen, but they really exploded in twenty twenty during COVID, where everyone's like sitting around and also feeling very frustrated, like you have all of these like big political things that are bubbling up, and they're actually just like speaking about it in a very kind of like lay about like kind of refreshing way, because you know, everyone suddenly at home and we're all laying about, you know, like, so they're talking about things, but they were doing this kind of thing that was this like transgressive language. They were just dropping the art word left and right and being and openly defending it, being like, I don't need to be polished, I don't need what you think. I'm a perfect liberal, so I wouldn't say.
Speaker 8: This Dasha, you were making the point that retard is a descriptive, not an invaliative. Yeahfuire, It's not like saying the N word or the F word.
Speaker 3: It's a word that describes what it means.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people and who responded to your survey cited them as like inspiration for why they are using slurs.
Speaker 9: Well, it's really tricky, actually, I think anyone with language, like it's hard to identity exactly when you started using a word or how you could try to construct it. But I think ultimately people people would just say like, oh, well remember that, like it kind of lives in the same world as that. So it was definitely like a point that people would cite as like, oh that existed, And that's definitely a part of my understanding of this word of it coming back. But a lot of people, like I said, we had over one hundred people in the survey, Yeah, like it came up a lot interesting And there was Chapo trap House as well, it's another dirtbag left podcast, Yeah, where they would just use these words kind of being like the whole identity of a podcast is that they're liberal, so they're using these words as kind of like a taboo type thing, and it really, I mean it gained traction because I think taboo can feel very refreshing sometimes true, but also just like you know, you're not meant to say it. So people are people online and stuff are just drawn to taboo. Yeah, And I find this at like in my work where I like work at a digital media company and it's like metrics based. You're kind of looking at how many clicks each story is getting and what engagement each story is getting, and every single time if you have a taboo, like I work on health, if we write a story about poop, like the numbers.
Speaker 1: Are crazy, I'm clicking on that.
Speaker 9: But it's like we did just we didn't want a story about a marathon runo who pooped herself while she was running and there was a fox, and like it's still the highest red story I've ever published, which is cities. I think that's like a aside, but like people are really drawn to taboo and it feels like, oh, it's something I shouldn't do.
Speaker 1: But I'm online and it was a thrill.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's private, like this red Scare podcast is just on it's like it's in your ears. You feel like you're sitting with them talking and they're just saying it to you. Yeah, it doesn't feel like it's a big public thing.
Speaker 4: It's like your social circles that like, you know, hopefully people feel like they're part of our social circle.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, yeah, so it's like your friends.
Speaker 4: It feels like your friends are using it, so you may be more open to using it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like we have learned so much. Thank you so much for joining us, Thanks for having me. Yeah, thank you, and I'll see you later. All right, So we just talked to Mia. We learned a lot about why slurs have returned. Curious, like where do we where do we go from here? Do you think they kind of stick around as this kind of fad or do they go away soon? Is this like a pendulum? Like where do where do you guys land on this?
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be like we're you know, we got another Trump presidency, So I think it's going to be I think we're going to see things continueing swing in this direction for a bit. And I think, like all things, it's going to get old. And I think it's already getting pretty old quickly. But I think it's not going to be this shock value that people think it is right now, and then it's going to get less interesting for people to be able to use it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think as much as maybe the war on wokeness has been won for the moment, I think it'll just take different forms, both pro and anti, and that you know, like me, as a guy in my thirties who never really said these words, I'm I'm not really.
Speaker 3: Going to adopt them now.
Speaker 6: That would seem to be it would just be kind of strange and and you'd be flacing. I mean, it comes off as pretty try hard and like, yeah, you're like regardless, you're trying to just be insulting. I guess so for me my day to day, it's not going to change anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if like some of these words, like not like slurs, but like a word like gay, Like I see a lot of straight people saying things are gay now, and I think that's probably gonna stick around in the sense that like the power of the word is lost. I saw Ice Spice posted this meme that had the effort on it and then like very shortly afterwards deleted it. So I wonder if like you still can't be like a celebrity and doing it, or you can but people call you out. You've got to be like a pretty specific celebrity like Andrew Tate X. Yes, right, so yeah, you're either like you're either queer or you hate women. This was No such thing by Many, Noah and Devin. Our guest today was Mia de Groff, deputy executive editor at Business Insider. The theme song was produced by me Many. Please visit us at No Such Thing dot Show, where you can subscribe to our newsletter for updates, and consider leaving us a review on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to our show. Next week on No Such.
Speaker 4: Thing, So, we're doing a podcast about whether or not horses love running.
Speaker 3: Okay,