Speaker 1: And welcome Inn to another episode of Tiger Territory, part of the bout Territory Network Detroit Tigers podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm curiously with.
Speaker 1: Me as always as a man who has been the center of the fold, but never the centerfold.
Speaker 2: He's Cody Standag and how we doing doing all right?
Speaker 3: Kieren? Yeah? Oh man, Like maybe a lot of jokes there. I'll probably just leave that one that would be, well, hey, you know this is very entertaining people.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: There's a place down here by where I live. It's called Centerfold. My girlfriend's like, oh, this might be a nice place for us to go eat. It's a strip club. We have not been Tofold.
Speaker 1: For the record, Well, if people just want to give give me a thirty second tangent on something on that kind of category, as we have fun here. During the All Star break one time in Frisco, right by the minor league ballpark the Text Rangers, double a affiliate, my mom and I were looking for to go to lunch and there was a place called Wild Pitch and I was like, oh, baseball, Wild Pitch. This seems like just a regular sports bar, right Mom and I walk in there.
Speaker 2: Nope, not a regular sports bar. One of those uh one of those.
Speaker 1: Ones where the skin the clothing ratio was a little off, if you know what I mean. So, uh, we still ate there. You know, it's kind of awkward when you walk in. You don't want to leave, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a great mother's day. So all right, that's what.
Speaker 3: We get during the All Star break. I like it. Yeah, yeah, it's probably.
Speaker 1: Absolutely maybe maybe a preview what's what's to come during Lockout season? All right, as we get to uh do some more baseball matters here, Cody. You know, I was, I was thinking back on some of our topics in our last episode and then, uh and like reflecting on maybe some things that we missed or didn't quite get to and and there was one thing that kind of stuck out to me, and I was like, you know, like I talked about how much I really liked Derek Hill Mike see him to have success. Then I actually like went and looked at like his numbers, and he's having himself a decent years. He's a one plus war player right now. He's he's a two fifty eight hitter. His ops against lefties is good. Like, there's a lot to like about Derek Hill if you're a Philadelphia Phillies fan, And so then transition to this, how do we feel about the state of Tigers center field right now? Because like it was something that I think coming into the season you would have felt maybe some anxiousness, but overall, you like the potential of the Tigers center field status with Parker Meadows and we know what you know, Hobby Bias could do defensively and and and all that stuff. And you know, the majority of the season there's been no Parker Medals and there's been no Hobby Bias and so it was the Matt Berlan Show for a little bit. Now James Outman is in the equation, So I just kind of I just wanted to bring it up, like because like the outfield itself is not does not great out well in general, and these are in the and and maybe that shouldn't be surprising when you're relying on a Matt veering to play for a long time, play nearly every day. Now it's more of a blatoon platoon with James, we haven't really gotten into that with all the other stuff going on. So I'm just kind of curious how you feel about this, Like you know, pivotal position, uh for the Tigers for that park, and and an area that they obviously epicize in development. Just you know, being below average right now, if you look at pretty much every metric.
Speaker 3: Well, it's worse than below average. The Tigers center fielders this year combined negative two point one wins above replacement for Baseball Reference that ranks thirtieth. That is not what you want when you play in one of the biggest parks in the league. Now, obviously injuries have been a part of that, and the James Outman thing has made this at least look or feel a little bit better. The row number is still not a ton better. I mean Outman's negative zero point two war since he's been with the Tigers, But I overall do think the roster is functioning a little better. You have a little more confidence in the defense out there, and again outman and center kind of can allow you to sometimes push Verer Laying or someone else to right field, so sort of strengthened that. Although Kerry Carpenter has still been playing a lot of right field, the outman thing has been like a slight improvement, and it was so bad you needed any slight improvement you could get. That's why they did it, and it has been a better use of a roster spot than Zach Short was. I think the good news here is that there's reason to believe center field can be better in the second half. We don't really have a great timeline for when Javier Buys is going to be back, but seems like he could be back the Tigers. The last update we heard on Parker Meadows wasn't overly encouraging. Its sounded like the arm is healing slowly. I mean, it was a pretty bad fraction, but he still has not been ruled out for the season, and you do have Max Clark. He's done some nice things recently, could be an option to debut at some point before the end of the season. We can dive into all that a little bit closer, but I think the good news is you at least have options that should help in some form or fashion between now and the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just looking at Outman's numbers, like it feels like he's got it, had better than one forty eight average with the Tigers.
Speaker 3: It really does feel better than that. I don't it's actually like, yeah, he's not been good but it feels like he's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: And then then you.
Speaker 1: Look at he's got no doubles, but he's got a triple in three home runs.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? It is it is a very peculiar thing.
Speaker 1: He actually has like worse numbers with the Tigers in Minnesota in some of these instances.
Speaker 2: And they cast them away.
Speaker 1: And I actually kind of feel decent about James Outman, like as far as the ratio and the that we that we talked about, and even looking at his platoons, Cody Man here, you want you want to reverse split? You want to reverse split for Outman. He is hitting three thirty three versus left handed pitching and one fifteen versus right handed pitching. So that's a that's a big reverse split. Obviously not the most grand of sample sizes, but it is.
Speaker 2: It is. It is kind of wild there.
Speaker 1: So then the question becomes if, but again presumably Hobby will be back. He you know, earlier this week had a picture of or a video of him. He posted, you know, hitting off the tee. It's hitting off the tee. But you know, I see anything baseball related from from a guy injured.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice if hobby could start speeding things along, maybe like early August. Yeah, doable, hobby, I mean, hobby on the phone. How are you feelings? Let's let's up a little bit, let's.
Speaker 1: Go and is it as simple as he becomes your mostly every day center fielder when that's the case, or like like it, like, what do you do you know from a construction stamp outman?
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't. Then for as much as we say it feels better, he can't hit one twenty eight forever. That's eventually going to stop feeling so good, so that I don't know, it's a question, might just be a lot of hobby bios.
Speaker 1: Karen, which was in text the question, It's like, you know, one of the things that we've forgotten is what it's like to kind of experience that everyday hobby bias. And if you and and and for for that, you know you I'll remind people his numbers not a lot of power, but he was batting two fifty two fifty six, you know, solid defense, like really just an average player at this point. But again, what is average right now for a team that is desperately trying to claw back into you know, playoff contention and trying to you know, potentially like make a run at division, make a run at a wildcard. Berth like having having average in certain spots here, Cody is like resents like a decent upgrade. And then if you throw in the fact that like there is still an energy to Hobby that I think, like maybe one could argue was missing from this team and some in some respects over the course of the first half that I think there's there's actually like there is potential. I'm not gonna like lay my reputation on the line here to make this prediction, but there is potential that there is some sort of like Hobby comes back. Then we kind of and we kind of for remember that we forgot as I punched through that like what he brings on a daily basis in terms of upside, in terms of you know, you know, making these wild plays occasionally that over the course of the second half of the season could end up being the difference in a win, and every single win, as we've talked about for the last like six weeks, could come crucial come standing time, right, So, like there there is that element to Hot that maybe the you know, the El Majo magician. I'm sorry I spudged that up again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go clean it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tighten up, let's go clean it up. It's an all Star break for me too. I just think, like we we for we have forgotten what he can do well and and I think we like we probably need a reminder of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other I guess kind of an elephant in the room is Max Clark. And because it's a prospect, I know there are people out there, why not just bring up Max Clark. I will say Max Clark is having a pretty nice July, only ten games, but he's got a nine to thirty nine OPS. He's gotten deep off lefties a couple of times here recently. He's doing some of the things you would really like to see. Because his overall season numbers the OPS is only seven fifty five, you would like to see that higher from a prospect of his caliber. We've talked about like he's hit lefties for average, but not a lot of extra base power. I mean, it's only four extra base hits against lefties all year, but some of those three of those have been recent, so that is an encouraging sign. He's a talented defender. The instincts. You know, we've talked about. We saw it a lot in spring training. Maybe not quite what you would want them to be, So it's not as easy as you snap your finger. And Max Clark is a plus center fielder, let's keep that in mind. But there are very real scenarios where Max Clark could debut by the end of the year. I think given the course of where we're at, it'd probably be wise for the Tigers to try to maintain Clark's rookie eligibility. So we're talking he's not coming up until the end of August. But there's a world where the Tigers are in this and they need a little help and so they call it Max Clark. Or there's a world where they are out of it and things have kind of been dismantled a little bit, and you call the kid up just to let them play. I think either of those could be could be scenarios. I guess there's also a world where you're totally out of it and you to just delay his debut until next year. Also not impossible, but given you can retain a four year of service time and retain a year of rookie eligibility, I would kind of lean towards seeing Max Clark before this year is up. If he continues to hit to the tune of a nine to thirty nine ops, I think we're definitely gonna see this kid. But let's remember some of it just depends how he performs, what the underlying numbers look like. Is he doing the things the Tigers most want to see him do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've kind of gotten to the point of I anticipate. I'd have to be proven otherwise. I just don't think we're gonna see him this year unless something, Unless unless we get like some wide variants, either his performance or the team's, you know, decline performance. I just kind of feel like the equilibrium element here is just just kind of let him be a ballplayer in Toledo and figure it out as many things as he can and see what happens at twenty twenty seven and what would be a very interesting spring spring training storyline. So oh right, Cody, I was looking at the Tigers promotions, and I gotta tell you, I am desperate to get my hands on some tickets for nineteen oh one Rep Replica Jersey giveaway on July twenty fifth, which is why I want to give seak Geek a huge shout out. With over thirty five million download, sea geek is a number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on sekk, including concert, sports, festivals, and more. MLB season in the thick the postseason race. Every game matters for the Tigers. I can't wait to see all these storylines play out, NBA season, NFL season, All these things are coming up and it's all available on sea Geek. I love using sea Geek. Sea geek has your back. Each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. So look for the green dots. Green means good, red means bad. Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course I have a code for you guys. Use code Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sea Geek. That's ten percent off any MLB tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the linked in description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account.
Speaker 2: So you can use it later. Thank you seek all right, Cody, I you know one of the things that we like.
Speaker 1: To do preseason is you know, come up with some bold predictions and just kind of see how right or wrong. I think we usually are pretty good about our bold predictions, but I wanted to do some second half bold predictions because look, if the Tigers are going to be a playoff team, a playoff contender anything above that, things are going to have to be bold, right, So why don't why don't we start out with some bold predictions for the second half. And I'm just gonna start off the top with maybe the boldest Tigers win the AL Central. It's not out of the question.
Speaker 2: Code.
Speaker 1: I know you like one of your like, I guess most famous phrases of the of the season is are.
Speaker 2: The Chicago White Sox really gonna win this division? And and and like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I I don't have a huge argument. I'm looking at the odds on fan duel right now. I'll just list them off for everybody to win the AL Central. Cleveland Guardians minus one oh five, Chicago White Sox plus one eighty, Tigers plus six hundred, so their third third best odds, Minnesota Twins plus eight fifty, Kansas City Royals a big number.
Speaker 2: Let's just put it at that, So.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the reasons I think this is like I almost wonder if this is the well, I don't wonder it. It clearly is the clearest path to getting to the postseason because you have only a few teams that you gotta contend with in order to clinch up postseason birth as opposed to I don't know the entire American League for these wildcard spots, and like, you know, like like so people are gonna look at the wildcard standings and be like, well, the number is smaller, that might be the more feasible option. I mean, not necessarily, Cody, I like I think that. I think that, like, given the status of Cleveland, given the youth of Chicago, and given the rest of the division, I just feel like this might be the thing to shoot for as opposed to stands score watching you know, the entire American League.
Speaker 2: So that's my bold prediction.
Speaker 1: And if I were to make it bolder, I might just say it's division or bust for a playoff berth, But I'm not sure I want to go that far.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, if you can win the division, you can also get a wildcard spot. So that's not like, really the way to look at it. Every time I sit here and look at the division standings, I'm just like, it's doable. It felt better when it was four and a half two days ago compared to six and a half. The Tigers playoff odds a reminder of how much weight is on every game right now. Three days ago, their playoff odds were thirty nine point five percent. They lost two games, White Sox won a couple, the Guardians won a couple. The playoff odds overall have dropped to uh, where are we at twenty three point two? The division odds were as high as twenty seven point five percent. They're back down to thirteen point five. But a reminder. You come out of the break, you sweep the Angels, White Sox lose a couple, like you're back to You're back to this feeling possible. It will take a lot, It will take playing like one of the best teams in baseball for the entire second half. But you have been one of the best teams in baseball since June first. Okay, you've been playing at that clip. You just have to keep doing it. I don't think I'm quite comfortable enough like putting my foot down and saying, the Tigers are going to do this. I've thought about it a couple times. It's still it's still just a little too hard. It's still just a little bit uphill. But I really wouldn't be shocked because the Twins man come on the White Sox again. Are they really going to win the division? I guess sometimes, you know, it felt like the Guardians have fallen off. They've won four in a row. They're actually tied with the White Sox atop the standings, and they are eventually going to get Jose Ramirez back. So maybe the Guardians are still the biggest threat here. If you can look at run differential Kieran, the Tigers are plus twenty four. That's they're the only other team besides the White Sox and the Central in the green. The White Sox are at plus twenty five. If you can just keep playing good ball, you could end up right there with the White Sox at the end of the year. So I don't think it's the most ridiculous bold prediction. Of course, it all still kind of comes back to sixteen games until the deadline. Can you play well enough in those sixteen games to either prevent a fire sale or maybe become legitimate buyers instead of sellers, because if you part with some pieces, some difficult match gets even more difficult than I and I don't know if they can do it. So that's these next sixteen games, man are going to be so fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, Cody, that brings me to bold prediction number two. The Detroit Tigers trade Trek Schoogle. But more or less, that's it. It's not a fire sale. You know, you keep Miyes, you keep Flaherty, you keep Torres, you keep Jake Rogers. Maybe you bolster, you know, your your your team and your bullpen in some fashion with with a smaller deal. But it's not a fire sale. You trade Trek Schoogle because it's just you just can't you get I can't say no deal and then you and then you play it out the rest of the way and just kind of see what happens. That That is my bold prediction right now. And then a side note, I will say congratulations to Tigers executives because no one seems to think that they're gonna trade Derek Schouble like national pundits, local market guys like outside of Detroit, of teams that might want Derek schoogle services, nobody seems to think they're gonna do it. So if your goal was to play poker and say that like, hey, we don't really want to trade them, so you're gonna have to impress us and you're trying to raise the price, good job. Seems to have worked so far. But anyway, Yeah, and that is it throughout the needle. That's that's my bold prediction.
Speaker 3: I do think made No, I don't. I'm about to get going on that first. The point you just made that I that I like is that it's not like a vacuum Scott Harris has to sit down and press a button. I'm going to trade him. I'm not going to trade him. One thing that will probably determine whether Schooble is traded is the caliber of offers, right. I think that the reason a lot of people do want to maybe thread this needle, trade Schooble but nothing else, is because the return could potentially just be too good to pass up. It could be beneficial for your future to hold on to Schooble and hope you have a magical couple of months and then then it's like, well, what are the offers, and we're probably not really gonna know the offers. If the offers suck, that increases the likelihood that he's just gonna stay put. If the offer is really, really good and really compelling, like that is something Scott Harris is going to have to weigh. Now with the threading the needle part, Here's where I guess I'm unlike a lot of people. I just I don't really get it. If you were going to trade Trek's Schooble, what are the chances, like, do your odds of winning the World Series actually go up? Is your team actually is there any offer that makes your team in the second half of twenty twenty six better than it is with Trek's Schoogle? I tend to think no. I tend to like, at best, you're gonna get some really young hitter and you're gonna plug him in and hope he can get going right away. Or you can get river Rye who's pretty good increase it. It doesn't increase it. So if you're not playing to win the World Series, and if you're playing for the future, the pieces you get back for Schooble, why would you not just trade everybody. You can get a pretty damn good prospect for Casey mys Too. You can get something for Jack Flaherty, you can get something for Glabor Torres. You might be able to get something for Jake Rogers. I'd like, as much as it would be kind of demoralizing to pull the plug more or less on the year, if you trade Schooble, that to me is a white flag it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: It might be too hard to pass up. You might have to trade them, especially if you don't win at probably at least ten of these next sixteen games, You're probably gonna have to do it. And if you trade him, I think you gotta trade everyone. I just don't see what is the point of like trying to make a wild card. Where does that get you? To me? That to me, I to me, if you're not really gonna go in and try to win the World Series with Scooble, I would rather really start reshaping things for twenty twenty seven. Then, even if that sucks, and if the goal was to thread the needle and get stuff here and reshuffle, I think you should have done that in the off season. There was a part of me that was not opposed to the Tiger's trading ark school in the off season, especially before they signed from er Valdez, and it felt like they weren't gonna do anything. They didn't do that because they seemingly wanted to take a shot at this thing. And although the first half went poorly, you're playing good ball now, so like, why are you straying for that from that mission? If you get there in the math says you just can't do it, that's fine. I don't know why would you hold on to Casey Miies though, what like, tell tell me why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Well, because, like I like, because the broader piece of this cody is that I just still feel like postseason opportunities, which is I think we can fairly say the Tigers have in front of them, and even if they do trade terror school and that's it, they would have postseason opportunities unless again, if they're basically in there in the realm of where they're at right now that they collapsed. And this argument is, boy, can we kind of agree on those parameters right where it's like if it's within striking distance, but you just have to do you can do it's doing the long term thing and doing the short term thing because if we're not playing for the postseason, so everyone says, like, go win the World Series.
Speaker 2: I understand all that.
Speaker 1: But if we're not playing for the postseason, then what do we do and we have a good enough team to get to the postseason, then what.
Speaker 2: Are we doing here?
Speaker 1: It's that to me, and you have like you have an opportunity to go for it, why not go for it while also saving yourself for the future.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's now.
Speaker 3: I'm not really going for it. If you trade Schooble, You're just not really It's kind of like a bad faith effort, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it bad faith or is it bad faith to just like assume in the future that you're gonna be able to compile a team that is like quote unquote going for the World Series, you know, without tear, without terror Schooble, with these pieces, I just feel like the more certain thing is this team can get to the playoff to see what happens. And Okay, like again, the bull friction is not like I want to trade Terror school. The bold prediction would be this would be like the thread the needle thing.
Speaker 2: Because it's satisfied.
Speaker 3: I have heard people in this organization say the word asset management before, right, how do you best manage each of your assets? And there may be an argument that the best thing to do is just to trade schoople. There is also an argument the best thing to do is just to trade Casey Mice and probably a couple of these others.
Speaker 1: Well, the best thing to do is to always trade every single player on the last year of a contract and then just you know, reset with young, cheap labor. That's always the best thing to do. Doesn't always happen, isn't isn't always the most like easiest pill to swallow.
Speaker 2: But that's the most asset management thing to do.
Speaker 3: But that kind of sounds like a Scott Harris move as we talk it out, then, Yeah, what's the best I'm trading all these guys on expiring deals get.
Speaker 1: Some asset management was to trade them in the off season or like or whatever, because that you would have gotten more for him or whatever. Like, I know, the Yankee fans aren't excited about getting school for Jacob Lombard or George Lombard.
Speaker 3: Yeah I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like so like maybe, like you said earlier, maybe the turn just isn't there, and it's like it's just better to kind of go forward and see what happens. I will say this though, and this isn't This is kind of independent of my bold prediction there. I bear with me with a football analogy. Lane Kiffin leaving Old miss in the playoff to go coach LSU and Old Misses going in the playoff like advancing in the playoff like without their head coach is to me a sign of a broken system when he leaves for in conference arrival, like all these things, like that is a broken system. That that is a thing that we just like are okay with. I think it's also kind of a sign of a broken systm them that a team that's got back to back playoffs, you know, alds game five appearances as the best pitcher in the world and is right there in the thick of an expanded playoff race, it's just gonna like sell everybody because because they can't win, it's.
Speaker 3: It's broken because of the expanded playoff. He really shouldn't be eight games under five hundred and we're sitting here, can you win the World Series?
Speaker 1: So that's extended playoffs. The case of point extended playoffs always broken. All right, We're gonna take a quick break and then afterward I'm gonna get to my last bull prediction.
Speaker 2: But first it's a word from our sponsors.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer playball swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot Com gambling problem caller tax one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: All right, coming back here, Cody last bold prediction for the second half, Kevin McGonagall recent All Star.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: Kevin mcgonagal, We'll finish with the highest war of any Tigers position player, not rookie, any Tiger's position player this century. Now, I'll give you guys the competition here. It's basically Curtis granders in two thousand and seven seven point six, Miguel Cabrera twenty thirteen, seven point five. Mcgonagall's war right now on baseball reference is four point seven. So obviously there's an on pace element here that could be at play. But really, this is a prediction on him just continuing because like as much as remember we used to worry about workload, or complain about worrying about workload, and like, and you know, whether you know when pitchers will adjust to him, how will he do?
Speaker 2: And like all these things, and none of that has stopped him to this point.
Speaker 1: So this is a this is like a prediction, a bet, like a metaphorical bet on on him just continuing to do Kevin McGonagall things and continue and having what might be one of the most special seasons a Tiger's position player has had in recent memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it'll be really fascinating. To be clear, here we are talking about Baseball Reference, which is different from Fangraph's war fangrafs war. The Tigers leader this century is twenty thirteen Miguel Cabrera at eight point six. Mcgonagal's also valued a little bit lower on fangrafs. He's at four point zho compared to four point seven on Baseball Reference. Pretty sure they're just using a different set of defensive metrics to evaluate him, and that's why he's a little bit lower on fangraphs. This is very much attainable for him, which is incredible. I mean, just think about it. This kid as a rookie could be seven or eight wins above replacement, which is wild as a rookie, which hints that this could be a nine to ten more player one of these days. I mean it's not always that simple, right, but with McGonagall I mean, I don't think this kid's going away anytime soon, all right, And in a weird way, you could argue he's like due to really get hot. He's never fully cooled off, but he's like trying to look at some splits right now. I mean, he's in two eighty two in July, which is obviously quite good. But I could see a world where he comes out of the gate and maybe the power ticks up a little bit and maybe he hits three point fifty for a month. I mean, sometimes rookies is the most ball they've ever played. He's going to the All Star Game right now, which is awesome and a great story. He's got to be kind of tired. He wouldn't be the first rookie where the wheels just fall off a little bit in the second half, but based on everything we've seen so far, it wouldn't surprise me if the opposite happens and he just continues getting better. That's how special his season has been so far. I think this is attainable, and we're not enough people are like, this guy is maybe going to be a top five MVP finisher as.
Speaker 2: A rookie, which is that one? He could win one?
Speaker 3: Kiaran Kieran if the Tigers win the Al Central, Kevin McGonagall RD, Dylan Dingler could win MVP like that, Like right now, Bobby Witt is the war leader and he plays on a terrible team. So I don't really know who the ale MVP is going to be. There's obviously a lot to be determined. It's no guarantee McGonagall or Dingler continue to play at the amazing clip they did in the first half, but it would not surprise me. And when you really step back and kind of look at the numbers he is putting up, it's it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Since he brought it up.
Speaker 1: Our friends of FanDuel have MVP odd so I'll just read him off real quick. He's not that far down the list. Or On Alvarez minus one sixty five, Junior Camorello minus four fifty, we Junior plus or sorry plus four fifty excuse me, wet Junior plus five hundred, Ben Rice plus fourteen hundred, Nick Kurtz plus two thousand, Hulo Rodriguez plus forty five hundred, Jay Langeleers plus fifty five hundred, Byron Buxton plus six thousand, Dylan Danglar plus six thousand, Camp Schlitzler plus seven thousand, and Kevin McGonagall plus eight.
Speaker 3: So he's like, I'm surprised that low and the why is he that low his second position players are we.
Speaker 2: Not talking about? Like is he not getting enough pub?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Really like is he not getting enough pub?
Speaker 3: I don't think everyone realizes how high his his war is. He's getting plenty of PUB, but I don't think everyone realizes that he's been one of the top five players in the sport in terms of position players.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but the responsibility that he has on a daily basis for this team playing shortstop, playing third base. I would probably argue third base on his natural position for him, uh, but you know, always bagging at the top of the order facing lefties, not having a single ending of triple A like there. That's probably what this first half is really robbed, is like people just like oohing and aye and a lot more at Kevin McGonagall, which he deserves. I'm really glad he got his All Star Game and magical moment Philadelphia and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah he uh. I hope the All Star Game doesn't take too much out of him for all the fun it's going to be. I mean, even the media attention leading up to the All Star Game with the Phillies in town was pretty crazy. He's getting to go home, sleep in his childhood bed. I hope that's that's good for him. But there are a lot of demands on him, a lot of people wanted to see him, even you know family, well meaning as it is when there's you know, thirty five family members around all the time, that maybe that's I think. I think Kevin should go to the mountains for like two days, you know, just decompress a little bit, then come back, then come back and play the Angels. And yeah, I just hope he's able to keep going and doesn't really start feeling them, both the mental and physical fatigue that surely has got to be setting in a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, look, man, there's no evidence to say that he can't handle whatever is kind of thrown his way.
Speaker 3: He's past everything, that's the thing, man, he just keeps check box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of his story. So and of course we will follow it every step of the way. Do you guys have any bold predictions for the second half of the season. Hit us up on the YouTube comments, hit us up on ext fully known on Twitter at Cody Stavenhagen, at Keran Onscore Stcley pod page at Tiger Territory, Underscore, Apple Spotify. You guys know what to do. We appreciate all of you. Let's enjoy the second half. For Cody Stavenhagen, I'm Kieran Steckley every way. Half A great day