Speaker 1: The volume. What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. Spent a long time man, long time since we have had a healthy Dubs team, and we're sitting and talking about the conference finals and not a part of it.
Speaker 2: Very weird.
Speaker 1: Really tripped me out today when I opened up my Instagram and like, I saw guys walking into an arena and I'm like wow, That's when it really hit me, like, yo, we're really done, Like the season is still going and we're not playing. Start texting Chris DeMarco like yo, this is weird.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless and saying that already getting excited for next year, but also things to work on. But more importantly, I would say, things to work on to get better at this summer, So looking forward to that. Just to get into some quick business before we get the show started. We are live on Amazon amp but as always, if you miss our live show, wherever you.
Speaker 2: Get your podcast, you can get it there.
Speaker 1: If you're watching the video on Bleacher Report at we thank you, and also don't forget described to the YouTube the Volumes YouTube channel. How great have the playoffs been so far? You've heard me talk about all of these matchups and it's only going to get better if you're in a city that's still in it. You have to experience this for yourself. I know you've heard me say that, but I promised. There is nothing like a playoff game live and in person, and game Time is the way to get there. For last minute amazing deals on tickets to your favorite NBA team, check out game Time, the fastest growing ticket and app in the US, and it doesn't stop with the NBA. Game Time has tickets to MLB, NHL, even concerts and comedy shows too.
Speaker 2: Download so the game Time app.
Speaker 1: And redeem Cold Green for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Download the game Time app and enter Cold Green. That's g R E N for twenty dollars off. No matter where you live, get out and have some fun this week. Download game Time today. Last minute tickets los price guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into the show. Nuggets versus Lakers.
Speaker 1: Joker got off thirty three, twenty one and fourteen all bid. He had pretty much those numbers going into the fourth quarter. I think entering the fourth quarter he had thirty one, nineteen rebounds and twelve assists, And so he finished with two points, two rebounds, two assists in the fourth quarter. That is very important. And hair's why that's important. The only two points he did score, by the way, were the two free throws were ten seconds to go or well, you have two or ten seconds to go in a couple more. But the reason that's important is because.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk some adjustments. We're gonna do all of that here.
Speaker 1: But the reason that that's important is because when guarding Joker, in order to beat them, you have to pick one of the one or the other. You're not going to completely shut him down score if you're also trying to take away his passing angles. And if you're trying to take his passing angles away, then he'll go score.
Speaker 2: So you have to make a decision.
Speaker 1: When we played them last year, we decided that we were going to take all the passing away. If you keep Joker under six assists per game, like, your win percentage goes through the roof, and if he gets above that, your win percentage plummets your chances of you winning. But also the actual numbers. It's like n Day, It's like Warriors versus at home versus Warriors on the road. It's like that drastic, and so you have to choose one or the other. And I was a little baffled that he started off the game I think at halftime like seventeen point seven assists eight. No, he had ten rebounds in the first quarter, maybe twelve rebounds or something. Thirteen rebounds. You can't do that. And so because if he's getting assists any scoring, then that means all the other guys are getting off. And if all the other guys are getting off, how do you stop it. Jamal Murray had thirty, KCP had twenty one, Bruce brown got off. I think Bruce brown Man had twenty points. Michael Porter Junior had a good game. And so like, if you're allowing all of those guys to get off, plus Joker doing what he's doing, you're going to have a very tough time beating them. And so what the Lakers do and what I'd expect to see more of, is they took ad off of Joker and they put a d on Aaron Gordon, who lives in a dunker, which is tough for your space. And if you're playing in a crowd, like Joker actually plays in a crowd, lives in a dunker and they put a D there.
Speaker 2: Well, what did that do?
Speaker 1: That allowed Ad to stand at the rim, which we know if you haven't watched either of their two series before, first one being against the number two seed Grizzlies and the second one being against yours truly the Doves. If you leave a D by the rim, that's a problem. If you allow him to stand at the rim, that is a problem. And so they made the adjustment of putting Rui and really Rui on Joker and putting a D on Aaron Gordon, and Ad muddied up everything. It caused him turnovers, a couple turnovers where Joker was still trying to get the ball to Joker was still trying to get the ball to Aaron Gordon and the dunker, but he didn't really have much space. You'd like to see him playing space a little bit more and actually just shoot over the top of Rui instead of trying to get so deep because of the deeper position you get, the closer you are to Ad, the deeper position that Joker gets, he's just working his way right into Ad. And then you're trying to throw like big, the big passes in the paint. AD's length is nearly impossible to get big the big passing around AD's length, and then obviously he tried to get one over the top that caused the turnover. And when Joker was successful offensively, it's when he's catching the ball in the mid post. Then that allows him to move the defense that allows when Ad was guarding him, and it allowed him to make Ad move his feet or Ad has to give him a step and he can shoot his hierarcher. It was much better than him catching deep when he caught deep post touches. Like most of the time, when you get two feet in the paint, especially Joker with his touch, when you catch the ball with two feet in the paint, NBA teams are taught swarm because guy's going to score this. That is actually to Joker's detriment in this series, because the deeper you are in the paint, the more Ad can get his hand on either for a deflection or block. You saw Joker a couple of times had Ad in the paint banged him and actually moved Ad back, and Ad just put his arm up because there's not much room for Joker to get anything off, and it's not much room for any deception like Joker against a d with AD's lengthy has to be deceptive. And when you're that deep in the post that there's no room for any deception. So that's the AD's advantage. The deeper that joker catches the pass. Joker whenever he caught the ball, if you remember, whenever he caught it, like off the block, he had the quick spin baseline on a d A couple of times. That actually got a bucket a couple of times. A couple of dunks. He got a AD to file a couple of times. So it's going to be mutt. And then if they switch to Ruie. If he catches in the mid post, you the gate ad. If he's off the block, because a d can't get to the he AD can't get to to block the shot. He can't affect a shot at all unless he comes all the way over. And by the way, if he comes all the way over, now you can get the ball to Aaron Gordon and the dunker or they'll drop down to help and you can kick it out. The shooters they had guys shooting the well. Jamar Murray shot it well, KCP shot it well. Bruce Brown shot it well, Jeff Green shot it well, Michael Porter Junior shot it well.
Speaker 2: So then you're kicking out to those shooters.
Speaker 1: So they must keep Joker off the deep posts, keep him off the block. He has to play in space, either from the free throw line or mid post area in the words of Mike Brown, the Karl Malone area. And if he can play in that area, and it allows them better space, and it allows him to work more in space and use his advantage, whether it's the advantage he has on a D which is his deceptiveness, or if it's the advantage he has on RUI, which is not the deception, it's disage. So that will be very important. Jamal Murray getting off, So it's going to be very important that Like, you can't have Joker and Jamal Murray getting off. When you do, they are tough. I expected to see more Jared Vanderbilt on Jamal Murray. I also expected to see Jared Vanderbilt. That's an adjustment you can watch for Jared Vanderbilt guard Jamal Murray, put who you may on Joker ad on Aaron Gordon. See, there are times in the playoffs where you have to play guys off the floor. And if Aaron Gordon wants to live in a dunker, the Lakers should be able to use that to play Aaron Gordon off the floor because it's clogging everything up. I thought Mike Malone could have made more adjustments in game, adjustments, one being there was a point where you kind of needed to get Aaron Gordon at the game end, should come Jeff Green. If in comes Jeff Green. Now, Jeff Green's hitting that corner three. He hit one or two of them tonight, But Jeff Greens, Jeff Green can shoot the corner three well enough to where you're comfortable throwing it to him and him taking it and the defense has to react to it. Now you can ultimately decide that we're going to live with Jeff Green beating us shooting that three. But we all know Jeff Green can make that three, and he can make that three very consistently. So I thought there was a point where Aaron Gordon may have needed to come out the game and Jeff Green needed to go in, and they didn't make that adjustment, and turn I thought that almost cost them the game because Ad muddy the entire game up. But getting back to Jamal Murray and Jared Vanderbilt. If you put Jared Vanderbilt on Jamal Murray and say you have even Brin on Joker, and now you switch that pick and roll with ad at the rim, now you got action. Now you're keeping a d at the rim. You're keeping the body in front of Joker. You're keeping the body in front of Jamal Murray because they also will kill you in that pocket.
Speaker 2: Joker catches the ball in the pocket.
Speaker 1: His touch is crazy, and he's one of the best passers in the NBA, so it's lunch met when he catched the ball in the pocket. With that defensive coverage, it takes that away. It allows you to better contain Jamal Murray. Maybe, yes, again, Joker's probably still going to get off, but it's okay because you're you're containing Jamal Murray and you're not allowing the kickout passes and all the other guys to get going. Another thing that really hurt the Lakers, especially early in the game was transition offense, their transition defense. The Lakers transition defense is not their stringth and Denver knows that. And Denver was pushing the pace also taking advantage. For those of you who have never played in the Maha City. Let me tell you that altitude is real. You feel that, I'd expect the Lakers to be a little better as far as you saw. The game went on, they started to get their lungs and catch their win. But they'll be better with that come game two. But that altitude get you. It's a very real thing. All of a sudden, you get to looking for air and it ain't there, Stan.
Speaker 2: And All.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. Trust me, if you've never done it, it's brutal. So that's a real thing. That is a competitive advantage for the Nuggets. It was tonight. It shouldn't be come game two, but it was definitely a competitive advantage for them tonight. Lakers should adjust to it now, and being in Denver for four days or so, come game two, I think you know they'll be. But transition defense has still been not been one of their areas of success. I'll call them. In Denver, they pushed the pace and they convert at a very pushing the pace. I thought the Lakers did a better job of taking away to transition opportunities in the second half, in particular the fourth quarter. So that was that offensive rebounding was another issue for the Lakers. Offensive rebounding usually becomes an issue when you are overhelping. I thought they overhelped on Joker a ton, and some of the overhelping was like you get caught in no man's land, like you're not taking your guy away and you're not really affecting Joker. Like, if you're gonna go help, then just go double because if you just sit in between, he's picking that a part, Like that's what he does.
Speaker 2: So if you're going to go.
Speaker 1: Double, then go and like try to make the passes tougher so that he just has to kick it out instead of actually making a play. But I thought they got caught in no man's land a lot and getting caught in no man's land, like I said, joke gonna pick that apart. Another action that the Nuggets ran and got a lot of is called the Spineulus action. Uh Spinulus is a is a Greek national player who played for twenty years euro League. Was drafted to the NBA after by the Spurs or it's one of the Texas teams. He was drafted by, maybe by the Spurs or Dallas in a playing year with Houston or something of that nature. But he's a Greek legend and he was famous for this cut that you can essentially come from under the rim and you're cutting up the lane and there's a big holding the ball, maybe at the free throw line, possibly a little higher, but right in the middle of the court, and you're coming from under the rim, so up the floor and the big hands it off to you well as you would imagine all the defenses down the floor. So once you hand off coming out, you're open. Jamar Murray got some threes like that. Casep got a couple of threes like that. Michael Porters Junior got a couple of threes like that. But they it also allowed them to get downhill. When they got downhill, now ad has to make a decision. I'm gonna help with this guy coming downhill. Well when if you help, guess what that opens up again? Pocker pocket to Joker. So they were really good with the spinulus action. There's different ways to get into it. A couple of times they backscreen looked like Jamal Murray was seting the backscreen for Aaron Gordon.
Speaker 2: If you don't react to that.
Speaker 1: Jokers obviously dumping the ball over the top for an Aaron Gordon dunk. And then there's a couple of times where that guy is pinning down and he's coming off, and so it's a double pin down or you got to navigate the backscreening now he's coming off Joker. Like I said, they have multiple guys who got shots out of this pernulus action. If you make the adjustment where there's like a smaller guy Guarden Joker, then you just switch that action out.
Speaker 2: And then you still keep everyone in front of Joker.
Speaker 1: You keep the entire offense in front of you, and you are able to make those guys score one on one, not getting buckets off Jokers greatness, Jokers dominance. So those were so many adjustments that I thought could have been made or or should could be made and could have been made. And like I said, remember you've seen us play guys off to Florida playoffs, like you can play guys off. And like Aaron Gordon is the key guy, he has some officer rebounds, he got size, he's the primary defender on Lebron.
Speaker 2: James.
Speaker 1: Is Jeff Gordon as good of a defender on Lebron as Aaron Gordon. Bron still had a big game nobody's shutting Bron down. That's not gonna happen. But Aaron Gordon his stature helps, especially at this point in Bron's career. His stature does help, his size helps, and like I said, it also helped on the offensive boards. So there you have that the Lakers. I think the Lakers number one Bron. If you remember back to our series, I spoke about Bron not predominantly being on the ball, playing.
Speaker 2: Off the ball more. If the Lakers want to win, Bron has to play on the ball.
Speaker 1: They want to win this series, Bron has to have the ball all the time, making all the.
Speaker 2: Plays as you saw down the stretch.
Speaker 1: You saw some of it in the first half and the game was kind of close, and then they pulled away a bit when Bron went out the court. Off the court, Bron has to dominate the tempo, he has to dominate the pace. He has to get the Lakers into everything. Ad had a big game. He had forty points, ten rebounds on thirteen for twenty one. I also think Ad is going to need to take more threes this series. He has not taken many threes in these playoffs. I know everyone always talks, oh he shouldn't be taking a three, and that is advantage. That is an advantage for the other team. And by the way, if you're the other team, you have to live with that. But I think for AD's sake, also for their team's sake, Ad is a good shooter. He's obviously had his struggles, but Ad can shoot the basketball. I don't think anyone disagrees that Ad can shoot the basketball. And they're going to need a d to lose, soften that defense up some and take some threes. They're also going to as you saw late Austin Reeves got going, They're going to need more threes. Why are the Lakers going to need more threes? Because Denver has so much length. You saw Michael Porter Junior getting a couple of blocks. Michael Porter Jr. Is not a great defender, Michael, but because they have great length, the paint is so clawed. Now he's able to catch up. He got a couple of review challenge blocks. Some of the interior passing they was trying. It's tough, KCP. Their guard has great lane. Michael Porter Junior sixteen, Aaron Gordon, great lane, Joker, great lane, Jeff Green, great lane, Bruce Brown six 's four sixteenth, some crazy wingspan, great lane, Christian Brown all over the place, plays bigger than what he is, also great size, so the interior stuff gets tougher and tougher. So I think they're going to have the like they're going to need some three point shooting. I would not be shocked if darvinham goes to Malik Beasley and see if he can get something out of Malik Beasley. Malik Beasley hasn't played much during these playoffs.
Speaker 2: Will he will he.
Speaker 1: At some point, probably at home more so than on the road, because he's more likely to get going at home than on the road. So maybe that's the game three things. But they're going to need more three point attempts just because of the length of the of the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Now where bron.
Speaker 1: Who can manipulate the game, can manipulate difference defense, sum is getting Michael Porter junior as the lowman.
Speaker 2: What's the lowman.
Speaker 1: The low man is the last guy on defense, the guy who's rotating over. That's called the lowman weak side lowman. So say, for instance, if the ball is on the right side of the floor and Michael Porter's junior man is in the left corner. Then that would make Michael Porter Junior pull over and be the low man. They can have some success with Michael Porter Junior as the lowman.
Speaker 2: He's not very.
Speaker 1: Comfortable garden in the paint sometimes missus defensive assignments and will fall asleep on the weak side action. More likely to fall asleep than if you have a Bruce Brown as the lowman or a Christian Brown or KCP Aaron Gordon. Michael Porter Junior is more likely to fall asleep as the lowman and bringing Michael Porter Junior into actions because he's less of a defender. If you do that, their whole defense just loads up, and they're so accustomed to everyone bringing him into action that they actually know how to guard that. So you need to put him in more uncomfortable situations and making him be the rotation guy, making him be the guy on a single side tag and different things like that. Those are the things that's how you can exploit him defensively. And if you can't explore him defensively and getting him off the court a little more, that's less shooting that they have because he shoots the light side of the ball. That can help your defense. So that is also something that I think the Lakers can do. They need Lebron to be dominant on the ball. It's not necessarily that he's scoring, but they need him making every play. They need to manipulate and get Michael Porter Junior and help situations. That's how you can exploit his defense. That's how you can take advantage of it. That's how you get less minute from him. That is how you ought to when when you when you start talking about the chess match, right like you talk, you always hear people talking about the chess match. That is a chess match move. I also think I saw a little bit of darv and Ham going back to a D whenever jokers in the game, making sure AD's on the game. I would not be afraid to take advantage of some of those non joker minutes with a D on the floor. I think you can create some separation in doing that. So I do understand why he is on the floor. You know why you want him on the floor when jokers there. But in saying that, I think you want to take advantage of some of those non joker minutes with a D on the floor. I also expected to see more offense defense subs, especially from Mike Malone down the stretch andicular Coach Malone. They were taking advantage of Jamal Murray. They were putting him in every screen of row and they were dominating. And there were a couple of times where he could have taken Jamal Murray out and maybe went Bruce Brown. Maybe when Jeff Green, I would go Bruce Brown, and they just left Jamal Murray in and turn he ended up with five files foul trouble. That'll be something to watch for immediately from the gate. They're going to bring Jamal Murray into pick and rolls now. Jamal Murray said after Game one of Phoenix, are y'all gonna take me serious? Like, at what point do I have to stop proving myself? And quite frankly never. You always have to prove yourself because that's just the game we play, and it's what have you done for me lately?
Speaker 2: And then he struggled for most of that series.
Speaker 1: So we gonna have to see Jamal Murray put together another game or to two or three in this series. Starting with game two. They're gonna need another big game from Jamal Murray. But another way to slow that is to bring him into actions the way they did late in that game. Now, all of a sudden you wear on them legs a bit. Now all of a sudden, you're making him guard and he's not just playing one side of the floor. That is something that I would expect from the Lakers, and I'd expect, you know, maybe they'll go into a show. Maybe they'll go Jamal Murray on Dennis Shrewder and so where you don't have Austin Reeves popping and making the shot. They also can go if he pops and they going to a full rotation, that would be the next man in line rotating over.
Speaker 2: When I said the next man.
Speaker 1: In line, Say if Lebron James runs a pick and roll, Austin Reeves sets the screen on Aaron Gordon, Austin Reeve pops Aaron Gordon, and Jamal Murray's now in the hour, if Bron throws that ball to Austin Reeves, say Dennis Schroeder is on the other wing, A full rotation would be Dennis Schroeder man taking Austin Reeves. Then say there's a guy in the Corey corner, Ruey Hotchamira, Ruy Hotchamira's man will now rotate too, who was the guy, Dennis Schroeder. Jamal Murray would then sprint all the way out weak side to get to Ruey in the corner.
Speaker 2: That would be a full rotation.
Speaker 1: You can do some of that, but the Austin Reeves Lebron pick and roll really hurt them late. Then you also may say, we're gonna live with Ausin Reeves hitting that shot because three point game and they needed it and he missed it, so you can depend on that, But dicey, because Austin Reeves threes actually was a big factor in them getting back in that game.
Speaker 2: So you can say, all right, we're going to make Schroeder hit. It will show with Schroeder.
Speaker 1: But what's not the answer is just switching it because he's gonna get in foul trouble much sooner.
Speaker 2: They're gonna work on those.
Speaker 1: Legs, and as they can, he continues to take those bumps, those legs go away, so we'll see where they go. There another big thing in the game and end up being costly. Jokers three at the buzzer Jamal Murray's three at the shot clock buzzer. Those were five points at a time in the game that were very critical where the Lakers were making a push, and those were just like, ah, it's like if a guy's making you know, if you're in boxing and the guy's making a run, all of a sudden they get hit with it like a tough body shot to slow them down a bit.
Speaker 2: And those were just like tough body shots for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: And ultimately what ended up being a six point game that was five points that very unlikely five points. You played great defense and they hit tough shots. Guy to give them credit on that. Can't overreact to that. But I definitely thought the Lakers found some things to be able to exploit this team a little this Denverer Nugget team a little bit more. We'll see how the adjustments go. We'll see what adjustments they decide to make. But one I definitely expect is ad on Aaron Gordon. Aaron Gordon, you cannot just live in a dunker. Another thing that the Nuggets will be able to do with that is possibly run Aaron Gordon into some screens, pull a d away, got Aaron Gordon rolling. He can finish, but can he make the play out of that consistently? I personally, I'm the Lakers I'm gonna live with Aaron Gordon making the play and not Joker. Like we know Joker can make to play. So you got to live with Aaron Gordon make to play and can he beat you? And can he make the right decision enough if you're the I don't know. We shall see. And I think that is all of my adjustments or things on the Laker game. In other news, we had the draft lottery today. Very happy for Coach Pop. As you all know, Coach Pop is my guy. We want to go metal together. Got nothing beloved for Coach Pop. And then also know that Victor when Byama is going to have an incredible coach that's going to teach him the NBA game that's going to require him. He's going to one of the best developmental staff in the league. Although Coach Pop knows this, I would think and everybody should. Losing Chip England which was a year ago, it's a tough thing. Chip is great, but got Chipper, but the best developmental staff over years in the NBA. One of I will say, you know, he's going to have a seriousness about him. You know he's going to be taught how to be a great pro. He's going to be taught how to read the game. I think it's absolutely incredible. And we also know Coach Pop's history with number one picks, big Man, that's number one picks to be exact, the last one being Tim Duncan, who we arguably top five player, and then be a history. So I was happy to see that for Coach Pop. Watch out for that. Congratulations Coach Pop. Congrats to the Spurs on taking the number one pick. There has been a lot of talk on is Wenby the best prospect since Lebron. I've saw some people say he's the best prospect ever? Is he the best prospect since Lebron? I think we'd all agree is he the best prospect ever? Of course everyone's going to say that now. But let's not forget how big of a prospect Lebron James was. Lebron James was a fena from fifteen years old. Lebron James was the number one pick as a fifteen year old. I can't quite say Victor when Beyama was number one pick as a fifteen year old.
Speaker 2: So although we like to move on fast to the.
Speaker 1: Next thing, I'm just not going off no going off the rail and saying he's a better prospect than Lebron. However, he is probably definitely the best prospect since Lebron, and probably the second best prospect ever because Lebron's probably number one. Also, we tend to forget what type of prospect Lebron was because he did the unthinkable what we thought of him as a as a prospect. He actually outlived and out did what we thought of him as a prospect. So it's very easy now in today's day and age, just say, oh, he's a better prospect than Lebron because you forget how big of a prospect Lebron was because of how much he's done. But Lebron was a huge, crazy prospect. So that's that. Jackson asked me how many players would would not be traded or would yeah, would not be traded for Wemby in the NBA. I'm not sure how many, but there's definitely a few. Lebron wouldn't be, Steph wouldn't be. Can't say, I don't think Luca would be, Joker wouldn't be, and I think there's a few more names out there, but maybe four one hundred and eighty how many players in the NBA now?
Speaker 2: He used to be four to fifty.
Speaker 1: Now you got two way spots, so let's just say, for the sake of standard roster spots, four hundred and fifty spots, four thirty five for forty would be, which is saying a lot, saying.
Speaker 2: A whole lot.
Speaker 1: Wishing him the best. Congratulations, kid, You've been drafted to the San Antonio Spurs. Absolutely incredible, going to a great franchise.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: In other news, uh, Coach Kerr and you probably just saw me speak about this on steven A's World, So I'll be pretty brief here, but Coach Kerr said in his interview, if Draymond's not back, we are in the championship team. He's that important to winning and who we are. I definitely agree with that statement. And then he also spoke on the Jordan Pooh thing, and I also agree with that statement. I was happy that he spoke on that. If you want my answer, you can go check it out. Like I said, I'm not gonna do the same thing here, you can go check it out.
Speaker 2: It was very in depth answer of my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Quick synopsis was that, yes, I do agree, we'd still be playing if that thing didn't happen. I gave reasoning for why I agree with that, and I was very appreciative of coach Kirk speaking on that because I'm just not one to hire from anything. But in saying that, if coach kurtr never speaks on that, it's also hard for that to ever come out because I'm not going to be like, I don't want to be the guy who's like, what this, this, this, and this on a situation that's wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't feel that that's right. And so it allowed me to speak on it.
Speaker 1: It allowed me to now move on from it, like really move on from it, Like you put it behind you during the season and you try to build things and move on. But now it allows to really like move on and like there's still work to be done, right, like George's still my teammate, Like I still have some repairing to do, like and attempts to repair ultimately, you know, being up to him and what he's hoping to But it saw me as a leader and saw me as teammate to continue to try to make that right and his feelings, his feelings. I saw his comment where he said, listen, is basketball. I agree, it was business. It was basketball, and it's always going to be that because at the end of the day, we are teammates. Like, as long as we're teammates, it has to be that. But it is my job to try to better that. And like, let's face it, like if the video never comes out, is here, I don't think so, right, Like so, I think that was a huge, huge thing, one that made it really hard for him to move on from. Will he ever be able to move on from it, I don't know, but it is on me to try to make that happen. But I'm happy to be putting that behind as far as this goes, like and like moving forward and working to do the things that we need to do to win a championship again next year.
Speaker 2: That is my focus.
Speaker 1: That is my goal. Happy to be done with that before we get out of here. John Moran. I saw Adam Silver speaking. Adam Silver look crushed. He sounded crushed. I know he is crushed because Adam, like Adam is a player's commissioner, like have been since day one, and so a part of him, like I'm sure it's just crushed, like because he's like, come on, man, like, like he said, they had a long conversation and it's just I thought we were like past this and we spoke about it then, and so now it puts Adam in tough for such and Joe Dumars puts them in such a tough spot, like what's the punishment going to be?
Speaker 2: Now? And like you have time, like.
Speaker 1: J'all don't have a game coming up, you have time to make that decision. But it is going to be a substantial one. It is going it's going to be one that affects the Memphis Grizzlies season. It is like, I'm not again, I've had my mistakes, Like obviously not that, but I've had my mistakes. I'm not one to come on here and condemn and you shouldn't be doing this. You shouldn't be doing that. I don't condone what Joah has done, but what I will say is I saw a couple of people screaming, like lock him up, lock him up, Like it's actually not illegal to have a gun a lot of places in America, So to just start screaming lock him up, like you all actually don't know if he broke a law, like you actually like you don't know if he had a license. You don't know if the gun was licensed to him. You don't know most people probably don't know whether it's an open carry state or not in and.
Speaker 2: Tennessee. You don't know where he was and if.
Speaker 1: It's an if he was in Florida and it's an open carry statum, like you don't know none of those things. So the whole like lock him up, he's a thug. Stuff, like let's stop, let's stop it now.
Speaker 2: Was he wrong? Absolutely? You can't, like stay off.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand, like like why they're on Instagram Live so much, like like I just.
Speaker 2: Don't get it.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, once you were in trouble the first time on Instagram Live, you guys probably should stay away from Instagram Live. Like it hasn't proven to be beneficial at all, And so everyone's saying it's irresponsible. Of course it's irresponsible. Like you have a following and you're trying to build a business, like a substantial sneaker business. Kids drive sneaker sales, kids' parents buy shoes, and those children parents aren't impressed with what they're seeing. So it's like stop it or don't build a business. It's unfortunate that this keeps happening. It's unfortunate because it's giving off like this gangster.
Speaker 2: Type vibe, like.
Speaker 1: It's given that And like I said the last time, I'm not going to come up here and say, Joe, you're not gangster or you're not this because I don't know him well enough to know what he is. I don't know what he does in his spare time after do you. I don't know what he is. I'm and also I'm not a gangster, so it's also like I'm not a gainster. I'm a basketball player, so I can't speak on like who's a gagster who isn't because I'm not, So how can I speak on that? Which oftentimes I tell you people you don't know basketball like we know basketball, so you probably shouldn't speak on that. It's not my space to speak on whether jaz A gains or not.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't know what like would qualify him or not because I'm not. I don't make those rules. I don't live by him. That's not my space, so it's not my place to speak on that. But at some point, though, you just can't keep doing that. And a lot of gangsters I do know aren't flashing guns on instrument make of it what you may. It's unfortunate. I hope he figures it out. I don't think he's going to stop carrying guns, so I hope, I hope. I Like, if that's his thing, that's his thing, Like again, it's not my place to whatever. If that's his thing, that's his thing, he probably won't stop, but stop showing them, Like, at some point, you gotta stop showing them like that. It's actually getting you in trouble. It's actually get into a space to where if it continues, could possibly cost you in a career. And like way too talented, way too special for that. So like some point, you gotta stop showing them. I don't know, we'll see I wish him well. That's a wrap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show. I'll let you out later.
Speaker 2: Peace,