Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the Second Date Podcast. Thank you so much for being here. And we don't normally do this, but you are really special to us. So Jose is going to give out his personal phone number right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay if you need to call him.
Speaker 3: So text seven eight, five nine two.
Speaker 2: Okay, show's text board.
Speaker 3: If you're lonely, you can text us. I'm on it all night long.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're on it more than your own phone texting. Basically, I mean it's a better way to reach him. That's all we're saying. And don't forget.
Speaker 1: We've got forty five more minutes, a full show, an hour long. Oh my god, can you take that much? If you want it, go for it. It's over at the Brook and Jeffrey Main podcast feed. But right now we're all about the Second Date, so let's get it started.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update. We are in the month of Love right now, and because of that, today we're going to do this entire Second Date Update in the language of love. French, what Jose, take it away.
Speaker 3: Already, Welcome, I'll Second Date as.
Speaker 2: English.
Speaker 3: Second Day.
Speaker 2: I know how a French accent could be unsexy. You made it happen.
Speaker 4: Jo we're trying not to scare all of the women off from listening to this show, just a couple of the unwanted ones.
Speaker 3: So sorry, lady.
Speaker 5: You know what, maybe we.
Speaker 4: Just stick to American style English for this when we talk to our listener Cassie today, Cassie, I'm sorry. Are you okay if we do this in English?
Speaker 3: Gussie?
Speaker 6: I was, I was loving the French. But you know what, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You're gonna already, she started out of the gate line.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, if you have any other language requests or like, do you want me to do, just holler at me.
Speaker 4: Seriously, keep talking like that. You're not going to be single for long. So tell us about this guy that you went out with recently. What's his name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, his name is Derek. How'd you guys meet online? And their first day? We went to a super upstille mall here in this area. We've got like I would say, stancy mom. It's because like it's spread out.
Speaker 4: I don't have to tell us about upscale malls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got there.
Speaker 3: Explain nowadays it's like being on Amazon, but I.
Speaker 2: Are, yeah, the stores.
Speaker 4: That's okay, And that sounds like a nice yeah, it could be fun, something something to do, things to look at and.
Speaker 2: Talk about, like shop, you can drink.
Speaker 6: It's like in public, so if it gets weird, you're not alone.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, safety sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what was it like when you very first met Derek?
Speaker 6: So honestly, I felt like we hit it off, like right off, that there was chemistry there. We walked around just like looking at stuff, and we ended up going to like a nursery, not like the baby like the kind of plants plant nursery.
Speaker 3: It was like, Okay, sounds like a perfect date to me.
Speaker 2: But they don't. They don't have stores where they sell babies Jose.
Speaker 3: At the mall, even a baby watching day.
Speaker 4: I know, we just got a brilliant business idea to sponsored by Brook and Jeffrey in the morning window.
Speaker 2: You better work on your return policy.
Speaker 4: I'm going, you know, we got the discount band over here for too long. We have the whole business plan ready.
Speaker 1: But sorry, okay, I mean cute plant shops are so fun right now.
Speaker 6: I'm not like a super big plant person, but I really loved looking at all the stuff they had, Like I'm into it. He was a little bit more into it than me, but I was really feeling it. Yeah, because traditionally, like I haven't really been a plant person, but I had it. I had a lot of fun, so sweet.
Speaker 2: So he was knowledgeable. He obviously has plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he was like, you know what I think we should do. I think we should pick out a plant for each other.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute, and it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of forward thinking, like it's like he wants to see if you could keep it alive, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think it's like when you have some like picking up for you because it's like, Okay, what do you really think of me? Let's see what you pick out based off what you think my personality is.
Speaker 3: That's why you make someone plant a tree that's more of a commitment.
Speaker 4: Than y Yeah, okay, that's an interesting idea.
Speaker 2: I like it. What did you picked out for him?
Speaker 6: So the one I picked was super cute. It was like very whimsical. It was called a figety fig.
Speaker 2: Better than a venus fly trap or something, you know.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, So that's like literally what I'm getting to because what he picked for me was a freaking snake.
Speaker 2: Plant snake flip snake. But average they live a long time though hard to kill. They are very hard to kill. They're sturdy, they're a good first plant for people. You don't have the first plant.
Speaker 4: So he obviously doesn't trust that you're able to maintain it, which is why he bought you a super easy plant.
Speaker 6: I didn't really think about it that way, honestly. I was like, should I be Offendedis.
Speaker 2: Because of the snake title? Is that why?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: I was just like surprised, you know what I mean, because like the one I picked for him was flirty, cute or whatever.
Speaker 4: So how did you tell him that you didn't like the plant that he bought.
Speaker 6: I kind of just made a joke of it, because it's like he's still buying me something, right, So I'm not going to be a jerk.
Speaker 4: You could be a jerk just saying that's always on the table to slap the plant down out of his hands and be like try again.
Speaker 1: Well, then I don't think she'd be calling us and asking why he's.
Speaker 2: Obvious?
Speaker 6: Well, it was like so fun because we after that we went out for drinks because there was like a bar inside them all, but we brought our plants with and it was like super cute and like everybody was like coming by and looking at them and saying, like, what's the story on this? It was funny and the whole time I felt super comfortable and like it even ended with a kiss.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, all right, this all sounds good, Like I mean, I could totally understand why you're so confused why he's not calling back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too, especially since we even named our plants.
Speaker 1: Oh they're real plant baby after each other, like what you name them?
Speaker 6: So his plant was Gertrude, yes, okay, and my plan was leaf Ericson like the Explorer.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, have you texted as leif Ericson?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the obvious, like misses you.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: Anybody worried here that maybe the plant joke went on a little bit too long?
Speaker 2: All I think it was the love forern from the rom com. You know, you killed our love for your plant is still alive? Right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah. You know what's funny is I did find out I do have a bit of a green thumbhil to keep alive.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm actually a little bit more concerned about getting your guys's plants back together because I feel like maybe they had the real love connection.
Speaker 2: You don't want a separated plant family.
Speaker 4: Well, but also you don't want like plant parents hooking up with the plant kids.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they're the same family. Now you're making it weird.
Speaker 3: I'm making it weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, I took it too far.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: Fine, We're gonna call plant daddy Derek and see why he isn't arranging another date with you when we do your second date update. Right after this second date update, Cassie and Derek have been on one date and already have two kids together.
Speaker 2: Babies babies.
Speaker 4: Plant children that they picked out for each other at a nursery during their date. They even named their plants Gertrude and Leif.
Speaker 7: Ericsson Solid Solid Day, brought their plants to the restaurant together, put them in high chairs with little bibs on, fed them.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can assume, you can assume that they're good parents like that.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure the rounded chicken tenders.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, pretty normal first date as far as we've heard.
Speaker 2: It's actually an adorable first date, and they.
Speaker 3: Bought plants together.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing is most of the plant enthusiasm was actually led by Derek which I didn't expect. So it is weird that he is not initiating another meet up. The thing is, we never asked, Cassie, how many days has it been since that all happened.
Speaker 6: So I haven't seen him in five days.
Speaker 4: That's four decades in plant years. So we can only imagine how your children.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: Pretty quick.
Speaker 2: So have you heard from him at all?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So there's been texting, but there's been no initiation of a second day.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so you're in communication, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It just feels like it fell off a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, I don't think you're help in figuring this out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, let's call this deadbeat plant dad and figure out what.
Speaker 2: He's taking care of? Gtrude, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 4: At least we hope. So I don't like that he's not talking to you, Cassie, So let's call him. We'll see if he picks up.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I thank you.
Speaker 3: If he does an answer, can we do textual healing at least?
Speaker 4: Because I really want to do good idea?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: All plant therapy maybe too, So here we go. I'm going right now. Hello, Hey, is this Derek?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Derek.
Speaker 4: Sorry to barge into your day here, but you're on the radio right now with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's weird. You said. Sorry, your phone's a little hot to hear, Derek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seems is a little weird. I don't usually get radio stations calling me in the morning.
Speaker 4: I don't think most people do. So you're in the general population with that one. That's fine, Derek.
Speaker 2: I think we're calling you for a great reason though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a second we do you call it second date update.
Speaker 1: I don't like that you sound like one of our commentors from the podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, do you even know anything about it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I figure it's you're calling me till somebody wants to reach out.
Speaker 4: Okay, smart Derek. So, yeah, you're right. There is a girl that listens to our show who said she went out with you recently, named Cassie.
Speaker 1: And it sounded like an adorable date. So just so you know, she does know that you guys have been texting a little bit. It just feels like you're maybe not interested or something.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm I'm kind of interested, but at the moment I'm not kind of interested, kind.
Speaker 4: Of but not kind of? Okay, you were pretty clear, So.
Speaker 2: No, wonder she's so I don't know why she should be complete.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope you don't mind if we dive a little bit deeper into that and ask you why.
Speaker 5: I just need some more time.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 5: No, I'm single.
Speaker 2: I'm sing you're single? Okay? And you and you liked Cassie right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I like her. I just made a big mistake mistake.
Speaker 3: What no, girlfriend, but you made a mistake. But you like her, but you also don't like her yet?
Speaker 2: But a mistake with who? Because she really likes you?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll just tell you, but you can't tell her.
Speaker 4: You We won't say we none of us here will say anything to her.
Speaker 5: Yes, deal, So I don't know if she told you. But we bought each other plants on our date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed kind of like cute and movie ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah we even knew Gertrude and Leif Erickson or.
Speaker 5: Okay right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah we named him Okay.
Speaker 5: But when we weren't eating them all, I didn't realize I left Gertrude the roof of my car. So I drove away. Yeah, I heard a bump. I didn't know what it was, so I backed up and I ran over.
Speaker 7: Your own plants, baby killed Trude?
Speaker 4: Hello, yeah, Derek, she was supposed to wait. But that that's Cassie. I wanted to talk to you on the other line. Okay, Gertrude, Oh god, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Didn't you try it to seame her?
Speaker 5: So wait, Cassie, I really didn't know you were on the phone. I didn't know you heard any of that.
Speaker 6: I cannot believe because I can't believe this. She's dead. Did you try at least bring her back to life?
Speaker 4: What did you do with Gertrude afterwards?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Where in her body?
Speaker 5: I mean, my god, like plants just as much as everybody else, but you guys directly like it's a human being.
Speaker 1: But listen, listen, why would you not be calling her back just because the plant fell off the car.
Speaker 5: I was gonna go ahead and get a new plant to.
Speaker 4: Try and take it the second day.
Speaker 6: You were going to try and replace her, you mean with the.
Speaker 4: Same exact plan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I went back the next day to see if they had the same plant, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were going to pass off the new plane as Gertrude and try and trick Cassie to thinking it was the same one.
Speaker 2: Just tell her the truth. Cassie would think it's a cute story.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: She sounds pretty upset.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what to say. I mean, Gertrude. Man, there's only one Girtrude, I.
Speaker 3: Know, the only one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Cassie, you're.
Speaker 2: Being like funny right now, right, you're not being serious.
Speaker 7: Kind of my guys.
Speaker 6: It's really troubling though.
Speaker 4: Well, because he ran it back over agains come up and then disposed of the body.
Speaker 2: It's not like it says anything about who he is. You're a good person.
Speaker 6: She meant something to you, just grows back.
Speaker 2: Obviously did mean something to you, Cassie. That's why he went back to the store the next day.
Speaker 5: That's a good I'm a good guy. I don't murder plants all the time. I buy them. I try and keep them alive.
Speaker 2: He tries to keep.
Speaker 5: I mean, Cassie, I never run over one before.
Speaker 1: This was the first, Jemmy, technically, you've ever driven on grass, you've ever driven I.
Speaker 4: Mean, yeah, we mean that he hasn't been driven over his own plant child, like your husband does work? Okay, I mean, Cassie, can you see what he's saying? Like only a good guy would go through all of that effort to hide the evidence of destroying your plant, baiting together, and try and cover it up with a different plant.
Speaker 3: And then ghost you until the new plant comes in.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, so the new plant is coming.
Speaker 5: So yes, it took five days to get here. It's coming tomorrow. That's what I've been waiting for.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you were.
Speaker 2: Gonna one more day, you were going to just ask her out?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was waiting for tomorrow making sure the plane got here. So in case she came over and saw that there was no plant, I wouldn't get in trouble.
Speaker 4: Caess is a lot for you to process. What are you thinking right now?
Speaker 6: I mean, I am, I'm honestly heartbroken. I'm surprised at how heartbroken I am over true, but I can understand the sentiment. Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, the good news is it's sounds like if you guys ever got married, he definitely wouldn't be the type of person try and hide money from you or like keep secrets until like they came up years later Yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was a weird jump there.
Speaker 3: You want to ask.
Speaker 1: I think he is so cute and he's going to all this effort just to make sure that you feel good and feel happy, Cassie, that should be a huge plus for you.
Speaker 5: It's not like we've been texting back and forth.
Speaker 3: True, he's been talking, just not committing well.
Speaker 4: So instead of asking him first, I'm gonna ask Cassie, would you like to see Derek again despite what you've heard here on the show today?
Speaker 6: Honestly I would. I think I'd give it another try.
Speaker 4: Wow, you have to come with a new name for that plant if Derek says yes to the second day, because we will pay for it. Derek, It's up to you, the dame.
Speaker 6: This is your opportunity to get any reminder of Gertrude. We have to call her something out.
Speaker 4: Okay, the plant Murderer's Daughter is a good place to start.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a novel.
Speaker 4: Read Yeah, three part series coming soon to Amazon and get your orders in now.
Speaker 5: By the way, By the way, how's Lee Ferrison doing.
Speaker 6: Oh he's thriving. He is thriving and surviving.
Speaker 3: Driving is growing up so fast, you guys, Plants and cars do not mix.
Speaker 4: That's the murder mystery. Leaf killed Gertrude the insurance money for himself.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to read it.
Speaker 4: Looking Jeffrey in the morning, I think we were all kind of leaning heavy into the drama of what happened there when Derek's.
Speaker 2: Playing Yeah, let's crack that statement real quick. Well way you mean you and jose Yeah, you were doing lots of like.
Speaker 4: WHOA, I know we're being dramatic. The good news is that Clearer did prevail in the end, and Cassie was I don't want to say like able to get over Gertrude, because we never will. She's always going to be in our hearts and in our compost bins. But to Gertrude, we just want to say you were a bright light in this world and in all of our lives and in the lives of all of our listeners. Taken from us far too soon.
Speaker 2: Can you just start this with maybe we were a little over dramatic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now I'm getting back into it now, just because I know, Gertrude, you are smiling down at us from Plant Heaven right now, watching over all of us and blessing our show with your good green vibes.
Speaker 3: I'm still confident if we bury a plant and it gets sunlight and water, it will just regrow again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Brooke is forgetting her name for sure in one hour.
Speaker 4: We'll never forget, Gertrude, never forget.
Speaker 3: We'll never let you forget.
Speaker 2: Brus is not worth.
Speaker 4: It, Gertrude, we love you. Okay, do well up there and texting seven A five nine to email the show if you need help for a second date update, we'll call that person who's
Speaker 2: Not I'm calling you back Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.