Speaker 1: Be there. Fanarritos, Welcome to an all new minisode of How Rude Tannertos. As you know, Candace Cameron Beret has been my lovely co host for the past two episodes while Jodie's been out of the country. Now, we all know that Candace is the queen of Christmas movies, so we thought what would be better than doing a holiday themed minisode for all of you fanatos out there. Candace and I will be playing this or that Christmas edition. With each question, we'll have to choose between two Christmas classics and we want you to play along with us. And we added a twist. The very last questions will be centered around the full and Fuller House Christmas episodes. Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Does everyone know that we call each other Gimmy and DJ.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they don't, they do now that we would literally tell each other that, well every time we see each other.
Speaker 3: Every time we see each other.
Speaker 2: And do you remember when we were just at nineties con and Julia White, who of course played Arkle, was there and you were like by Kimmy and he stopped in his tracks and he was like, whoa, what did you for real?
Speaker 3: Just call each other your character names, and we were.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, like yeah, he was tripped out, like if it was weird, it.
Speaker 3: Was not for a loop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just why and we're like, that's We've always done that. Yep, it's just yeah, yeah, it's funny. Well, before we start the game, I have to ask you because you have a lot of Christmas movies coming out this season, and I watched your first one last night, Christmas Christmas Let's Traveled.
Speaker 3: It was so thank you for watching is it was a beautiful That means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have I want to talk about it too, So we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: But first, my first question is what do you love most about making your Christmas films? How many have you done? You've done like thirty of them or like a lot?
Speaker 2: No, No, I haven't done that many. I actually don't. I kind of lost a count.
Speaker 1: You lost count.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm more like fifteen or sixteen or seventeen. Okay, I've done over fifty television movies.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 2: I've done so many in the mystery genre anyway, So I feel like people think that I've done way more Christmas movies than I have. But Yeah, I love making them because people love watching them. Truly, so many people come up, just like with Full House fans, when they're like, your show means so much to us, And people feel the same way about Christmas movies. They'll say, And for instance, last night's movie, I've already received so many messages that say, like I lost a parent this year and it was a beautiful movie, like thank you for the lesson or the encouragement that you gave, or there was a theme of forgiveness and some lady wrote, I really needed to hear that I need to forgive someone in my life, and thank you for that reminder.
Speaker 3: So it's why I love making these movies. They really are fun. But I love that they as cheesy as some of them can be, they affect people and they like made them feel good during the holidays.
Speaker 2: And I'll keep making them as long as people keep watching them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that it's kind of like comfort food, like Full Houses. Yes, it's aalid comfort food. It's kind of you know, they're formulaic and they're predictable. That's okay, that's what people want. That's what we need at Christmas time. We need to feel good and feel happy. So yeah, yeah, I had the same reaction because you know, with my mom being gone, it's just really emotional when you hear their voice again or when I see when I see her signatures or some of her writings. You know, it just it brings you right back. So you captured those emotions so beautifully. Thank you. It was really Yeah, it was really touching, and I loved that it was a little different with like the scavenger Hunt. There's a little bit of a mystery in there and a little scavenger hunt. I really couldn't. I didn't know where it was going. I was like, where is she, where is the where are the tapes taking her? And what's up with this guy? What is Literally it shocked me. I did not expect how it So yeah, Well.
Speaker 2: Two really fabulous women wrote this movie, Taylor Kalupa and Macy McLain, and they're such wonderful writers, and they're young.
Speaker 3: And up and coming.
Speaker 2: So I feel very privileged to have to have met them and am starting to work with them quite often because they're so so talented, like at the beginning of their career.
Speaker 3: So kudos to them for writing a fabulous script.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, Yeah, that was straight out of the gate. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was So, you're going to write a Christmas movie? By the way, I know I should write. I know you.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about you because I was on the Fuller House stage the other day, and then I was thinking about all of the memories.
Speaker 3: And then I was thinking about you writing. You wrote your episode, and I'm like, when did you get to write more? I guess I should write a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, I'll do it. I'll take that. That'll be my homework. No, I'm just throwing it out about it. Like, I've thought about all sorts of not just scripts, but just all sorts of types of writing, and I don't Yeah, I just need to put my head down and do it. You know, I need a little kick in the butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well you're very talented, so you know, thanks, stage.
Speaker 3: You're welcome. Kenney, love you.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie that you've done over the fifteen Do you theres one like really stand out to you? Is there one that's special to you?
Speaker 2: I would say, well, they're all like little children, and I love them individually and uniquely.
Speaker 3: They have a different place in my.
Speaker 2: Heart, of course, But reflecting back on the amount of Christmas movies, A Shoe Atticts Christmas is one of my favorites because I worked with the great gen Smart, Jean Smart, who's just won so many Emmys and she's killing it right now on.
Speaker 3: Her show Hacked.
Speaker 2: And I think back and I'm like, how lucky was I to get this little probably blip on her radar that she was like, did to do?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll do a Christmas.
Speaker 2: Movie in between the you know, the highs and lows of career when you're kind of waiting for something else. And I think about the fact that I did a Christmas movie with Jean Smart and I loved it. There was so much comedy in it. It was great. That was really special.
Speaker 1: The legend, like I aspire to be her, like an older woman with those comedy skills, Like she's so multi talented, she could commis in the drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's incredible. So yeah, I feel like I just got a little, you know, pinch of gold or something, you know working with her.
Speaker 3: Was she like.
Speaker 1: Super professional and serious about her craft or was she kind of loose and both in that she is such a total pro.
Speaker 2: She was so much fun. I mean, she has a great personality, she's so at ease. She was amazing, But like she came in with so many more ideas than what was just on the page. So she never changed anything from the page, but she would just add to it. So she was like, you know, I want to pick up this prop. I want to have this prop and do this and walk around. And it's just like she took words on a page and elevated them to a place where I learned so much from watching her. I was like, oh, oh, I could do that. I can do that, you know what. She gave me ideas and it was inspiring to watch. But she was super chill and awesome and yeah, she was wonderful. Okay, so we talked about a Christmas let's traveled. Let's talk about your newest movie.
Speaker 1: Because you have two that have come out this year. Tell me about the movie with Cameron Mathieson.
Speaker 3: I know it's so cute.
Speaker 2: It was just on a home suite Christmas, and this is more of your typical Christmas rom com.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: But we play childhood friends, which I really loved.
Speaker 3: So it's not like I'm the city girl that moves.
Speaker 2: Back to the small town and meets a guy that I don't very like and much like and then fall in love with him. Come we do come back to our a small town because my great uncle has passed and he leaves the both of us part of his maple sugar farm. Oh and so when we meet each other there, we haven't seen each other. So we were like fifteen years old, and there's all these flashbacks in the movie that are so cute, but like, we were best friends when we were kids and then we just kind of lost touch, so that the whole movie rekindles our friendship but also our real deep love for each other, and we just kind of picked up right where we left off, and that that felt really good instead of you know, it's not that stereotypical plotline that you have, right. And Cameron is amazing, Oh my gosh, he's one of my favorite people to work with.
Speaker 3: He is like high energy, go go go.
Speaker 2: We talked fitness the whole time, of course we did, and he's just such a pro. Also, he's probably done, you know, fifteen Christmas movies too, so.
Speaker 3: We were we had a good time together.
Speaker 1: Well, what a great script for you two who have been friends for so long. Yeah, to be able to do that together. Did you what came first, the script or the idea that you two work because it seemed like a perfect fit the script with your your family.
Speaker 2: We knew that we were going to do a Christmas movie together, okay. I had a different movie for us to do. Okay, and some of the rewrites that I wanted were not going the way I wanted them to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we had to do a very quick pivot. It was. It was actually a very big pivot.
Speaker 2: So I found this script Home Sweet Christmas, which we very quickly modified to work through what we wanted and then.
Speaker 3: You you have what you have in the movie.
Speaker 2: But it all really fit together, and I think that A Home Sweet Christmas ended up being a better fit than what the original movie was.
Speaker 3: And he good that we were supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, tell me honestly, was it weird to kiss him because you've been friends for so long? You know, I assume you kiss at the end, like with you know, one minute left.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course there's always the at the end. Yeah, And I actually told him, I told him, and I was like, this is weird, Like you're my.
Speaker 3: Buddy, I've known you for fifteen years since bizarre.
Speaker 2: He's like, I know, but you know, we're we're both professional, and it really is like a peck of a kiss. So we kind of that was that and we were like, oh great, it's just yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 1: It was just yeah, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: It was I was like, this is gonna be weird.
Speaker 1: But you're right. Once you're in the zone, it's not like a like a love scene.
Speaker 3: You're right. It's a peck. No, it's a peck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's no tongue or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, nothing like that. It is a pretty closed mouth peck on the lips.
Speaker 1: Oh good. Okay, one last question before we start the game. Okay, is Christmas actually your favorite holiday of the year.
Speaker 3: Or do I just fake it?
Speaker 1: Or do you just fake it? Because you're the Queen of Christmas? You know, tell us the truth, give me the dirt.
Speaker 3: I what do you think?
Speaker 1: I know? Well, I know you, so I know your answer. I know that you are. You love Christmas?
Speaker 3: I oh it much?
Speaker 1: It's your favorite holiday.
Speaker 3: Because it is my favorite holiday.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love everything about it. It is true. I already decorated my house mid October.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just was ready. I just wanted Christmas. And now that I don't live in La anymore, I'm it's much colder.
Speaker 3: Where we are, So what's that cold kicks in?
Speaker 2: I was like, bring out the tree, bring out the Christmas decorations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just love it.
Speaker 2: I love all things Christmas and what it's what it means. And it also means I get a rest from work because I always prioritize that month of December, the whole month to be with my family because I go go go through the whole year.
Speaker 3: But I know that I'm going to get a.
Speaker 2: Two week vacation in June and then I really take everything off my plate the whole month of December.
Speaker 3: So I love that because then I get to be with my kids in val and it's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that'll be nice my parents. Yeah, the first Christmas for Lev and his lovely wife as husband and wife. Right, Yeah, Are you doing something all together as a big Beret family or is he sort of doing his own thing with the wife's family.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a combo because the great thing is we live about half a mile.
Speaker 3: From each other, like all of us.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so even from her parents. So we will all spend the day together in some capacity. But whether you know it's dinner at someone's house or dessert or you know, the family hike, it's like whatever. It's pretty cool actually because we all really genuinely enjoy each other's companies.
Speaker 3: So it will be a big family day.
Speaker 1: And that saves a lot of fighting for you know, oh, I know, we got to go to this family's house.
Speaker 2: No, this thing, no, I know, half a mile half a mile a point apart.
Speaker 1: And you could do your height. You can hike to one house and then hike to the next house and.
Speaker 3: Eat so poorly. Yes, that's so great. Burn that stuffing off in that ham.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, let's get started with this game, this this or that game. So you have to choose. I'm going to give you two options, and you have to choose this or that.
Speaker 2: You know, do you want me you want me just to give like a one word answer, or do you want an explanation?
Speaker 1: No explanation, but no, okay, I want this isn't rapid fire, this a little detail, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 1: Okay, the first one I feel like I know with all your answers for this already.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you do.
Speaker 1: That's okay. For the listeners at home, okay, real tree or artificial tree.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm artificial tree. Okay, So I'm artificial. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I made the switch like five or six years ago, change my life. I love it that wanted wants to get a fresh tree this year, and I'm like, no, I'm buying a second artificial tree. Oh oh I love them that much because they last longer, they hold the ornaments better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get all droopy. And you know that's what I don't like. By the end of December, it's just like wilted. Maybe I don't tree. Yeah, sad tree.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I like the artificial and it's pre lit.
Speaker 3: Saves me a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got mine at Costco and it's like, yeah, it's pre lit, they'll take it back if the lights go out. It's fantastic. Yeah. I'm an artificial tree person too, but that's because I'm allergic to pine. Oh so yeah, did you not know that about me?
Speaker 2: I actually, now that you said it, I'm just remembered. Oh my goodness, you've been along touching to pine.
Speaker 1: I'm a little well, I think I don't. I haven't tested this theory in many, many years. But we found out how old was I. I was young. I was probably under the age of ten. So the whole family was living together, you know, in the same house, and so my mom decided to get a little baby Christmas tree for each kid in their bedrooms.
Speaker 3: So like, this is great.
Speaker 1: We were so excited, me and my brothers, and then we all woke up one morning and we were just like so just snotty and gross, and like we were so sick. I'm going to realize that we're allergic to pine. So that was last year we did real Christmas trees in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I do know one other person now that I just learned that they are allergic to pine.
Speaker 3: And I was like, huh, very interesting. Well I guess you could. You can.
Speaker 2: You could light a pine candle, though, can't you, or just even the smell.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I'm all about my Christmas sense. Yeah, I just like the balsam tree candle. And you know what I'll do is I'll usually get a real wreath and put it on my front door because then it's not the so nice in the house. It's outside the house. Like I'm kind, I can be around it for short periods, but I just can't live in sleep with it, you know.
Speaker 3: The kind of like the full house couch you got.
Speaker 1: They had to go clean it because I couldn't stop when I had a sevom man. I do have bad I need to go see an hour just I think you might.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Next question, do you prefer hosting Christmas or visiting others?
Speaker 2: I like visiting others on Christmas, just because we do a pretty big breakfast, lots of stuff in the morning with our immediate family, and I feel like it's a lot of cleanups.
Speaker 3: So I just want to then go to dinner and have as someone else host.
Speaker 2: I can bring gifts, we can bring some food, but I don't want to deal with a second clean up.
Speaker 1: Oh totally, I get that.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: I am I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year, so that's the better That's.
Speaker 3: Oh you are okay.
Speaker 1: I think that's the better holiday to host because then you don't have all like the Christmas like it seems less stressful because it's all about food. That's it. Do you know anything else exactly? I agree, and the decor is like minimal, which it's just it's just there's less.
Speaker 2: Pressure for unless you're at my house because it's already decorated.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yes, I will not have my tree up until until after Thanksgiving this year. But that's okay, okay, that's all right, okay, okay. Next question, do you open gifts one by one or do you open gifts all this like the whole family open gifts at the same time, Like do you go down?
Speaker 2: Like how would DJ Tanner answer this? Because we do I are kind of one and the same.
Speaker 1: DJ's very organized. DJ would have a plan and a like an outline.
Speaker 2: How do you think she would have her everyone everyone unwrapped gifts.
Speaker 1: I think it would go by birth order and it would be very individual, right individual. Yeah, would be one by one and you can't skip your turn and you can't you know, cut in line. It has to be you.
Speaker 3: Know yeah, that's me.
Speaker 2: Yes, So everyone hops them individually, not at one time.
Speaker 3: That is like, oh, never happening.
Speaker 2: That's I can't handle the chaos of like everyone unwrapping at the same time, nobody giving attention to.
Speaker 3: What the gifts are because there's an appreciation.
Speaker 2: When someone gives you a gift, you want to recognize it and take it in. So no, one by one and we all take a moment good.
Speaker 1: I'm just watch and appreciate, Yeah, because you otherwise it feels, I don't know, kind of selfish, just you know how you're totally Yeah, appreciate each gift and give it. It's moment y gosh, like what did I get? I don't you know, you don't know. I like less chaos as well, me too. Okay, do you prefer Mariah Carey Christmas music or Michael Bubla Christmas music?
Speaker 3: Oh? I have a boat, But I.
Speaker 1: Know you have to pick one, DJ, you have to hit one.
Speaker 3: I love both of them, So this is a hard one.
Speaker 1: This might be a hard one.
Speaker 3: I want to I know, I think I'll go for Michael.
Speaker 1: I think I bull bl Okay.
Speaker 2: I really love Mariah though, but I kind of like that little jazzy. We listened to him a lot during Christmas too, and then it's really nice when.
Speaker 3: People are at the house.
Speaker 2: It's always good background music that just feels like it's the right tone all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a voice that is so distinctive, not that Mariah's isn't, but his voice is so distinctive and I just have heard nothing else like it. So yeah, yeah, I think I would choose Michael Bublet as well. Okay, moving right along. Do you prefer decorating Christmas? Do you prefer decorating gingerbread houses or baking Christmas cookies?
Speaker 3: I don't really do either very objects, So I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'll say I'll say baking cookies because the gingerbread houses. I guess it's fun to decorate. You can be really creative, but then you just kind of look at it, right. I've never eaten a gingerbread house after, have you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, yeah, we really do. When the kids were littler, we would get together with friends and build gingerbread houses and yeah, I mean it was just like sugar overload. But you have to take a picture, like everybody does their house, and you take a picture and then you can go hog wild and eat.
Speaker 3: Oh I think whatever.
Speaker 2: So I never ate the gingerbread house, So I'm like, I'd rather bake the cookie and eat the cookie.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've been doing it wrong my whole life. Apparently, not the Queen of Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's simpler to do Christmas cookies. There's not as much prep time because with the gingerbread house you need a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: And so you did you make organized did you make your own gingerbread or did you buy a kit that cared?
Speaker 1: No? Actually we cheated a little bit. We didn't even use gingerbread. We took those little milk cartons that are like the tiny mini milk cartons and then glued gram crackers.
Speaker 3: To the sides.
Speaker 1: Oh we're actually we're not eating the house. You just eat the decorations off the house. Got it. So we cheated a little bit. But that's okay, that's.
Speaker 3: A that's a good cheet.
Speaker 1: I like that cheap. Yeah, it is a good cheek. Okay, moving right along. Do you prefer to go on Christmas vacation or do you like to stay at home?
Speaker 3: I like to stay at home.
Speaker 1: That's you travel so much during the year too, You're probably like, get me home.
Speaker 3: That is exactly it. And I don't want to be away for Christmas.
Speaker 2: And I like having my fireplace and being cozy and slippers and pajamas and all the yeah, all those fun things. Yeah, I travel too much, so I don't want to see a hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think I'm the same. Well, I'm a homebody anyways, But traveling at Christmas is terrible, Like that's the worst time of year to travel is during Christmas time, I know, because the airports are crazy and the lines are so long, and so yeah, let's stay home this Christmas. Visit a mall Santa or have a relative dress up as Santa.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a funny question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little different, a little different. I guess I need to give you a scenario. So if you had little when you have grand babies and you want a picture with your grand babies in Santa Claus, are you going to take them to a mall or are you going to have you know, Max.
Speaker 3: Dress up as Santa and okay, come in the house. Great scenario.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I could pay any relative of mine to dress up in a Santa suit.
Speaker 1: I don't dress up as Santa.
Speaker 2: No, there is no way, and I don't think that Max would or Lev.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I guess I should be going to the mall. Yeah, right, Mall Santa. By the way, we watched Elf last night. Oh that is my.
Speaker 2: Favorite Christmas movie ever of all time, and yeah, I gosh, I love that movie.
Speaker 3: I cackle through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, ridiculous things, and the more you watch it, the more you laugh. But when when when Will Ferrell as the Elf? It's like San, I'm just coming, Santa's coming, and he's at Gimbals and then I don't know if you remember this, Oh my gosh, it's been that it is not the real Santa of the North Pole. It is an imposter Santa, and they just go into a full on fight and they're like wrestling and not it is.
Speaker 3: I howl. I howl so hard during this, and that's what it reminds me of.
Speaker 2: So I've seen some great mall Santa's, really good ones, and then there's ones that kind of look creepy. So I think I would choose the mall Santa. But I'm going to scout a few different malls to figure out which Santa i'd want the photo with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your particular, it has to have the right look, like the beard has to look authentic, you know. Yeah, he's got to look like a real Santa. Yeah. Yeah, I didn't know Elf was your favorite movie. I wouldn't have guessed that. I am not an ELK fan, So this is where we different. I wait, I do not like, tell.
Speaker 3: Me, tell me why?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: How can you not love this movie?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna turn off so many listeners right now because I'm like, what a sacrilege?
Speaker 3: But what is it about it? Well?
Speaker 1: I think it's because I didn't watch it until until I wasn't until like a few years ago. And Michael, my boyfriend, had built it up so much because he also loves that's probably his favorite Christmas movie too. She's like, this is the best. I can't believe you haven't seen it. We're gonna watch it. We're gonna we're gonna watch every night. We're gonna watch it. And I'm like, oh, this is great. And then he put it on and I was like I was kind of expecting, like, you know, a Christmas movie like you do, or something really like heartfelt, not like silly with a grown man in yellow tights eating spaghetti with syrup on it. And I was like, what am I watching? So I don't know it's but he Barrel does such a good job, but.
Speaker 2: He is so earnest about it, which is why it's so funny, because it's ridiculous, like so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: But the way he plays.
Speaker 2: It so earnestly, I mean, he really believes he's a real Elf.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: It gets me every time. I laugh so freaking hard at this movie.
Speaker 3: I've seen it. I mean hundreds of times.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of times. Oh man, Yeah, Okay, maybe I'll try watching it again. It's been a few years. Michael watches it every Christmas, and I'm just like, I'll be in the other room, but I'll try to watch it again. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, here, I'm gonna send you some notes because we actually talked about the movie Elf on my podcast that aired. You can just search my podcast and put the movie Elf in, Okay, And there's all this behind the scenes stuff, So if you rewatch it, think about some of the things that really happened. Like, oh my gosh, I'm blanking on his name. The guy who plays he's so famous too. The guy who gene is it No, it's not Jean, the guy who plays.
Speaker 3: His dad in the movie. Oh Dad, Dad, I love you Dad.
Speaker 2: Okay, But anyway, don't remember he was genuinely annoyed with Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: Like during the.
Speaker 2: Whole movie, he was genuinely annoyed, and he thought, this is never gonna work.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be so over the top. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And then he watched the movie and he was like, oh it all came together and really enjoyed it. But when you even watch him knowing that he wasn't just acting, but he was truly annoyed, it's hysterical. It's also funny that when they do all these kind of montage things in New York City, they shot that like gorilla style, so they didn't have big setups, and those were all real New Yorkers, So he was running around with the elf costume on and they just had a camera so it wasn't a big setup.
Speaker 3: So all those reactions are like genuine people going, who is this lunatic? It makes it's even better.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a reason to watch it. I will watch it. I'll have to listen to your podcast and then watch it for the backstory. Okay, I can. I can get on board with that. Okay, that can get much more interesting knowing knowing that. Okay, Oh my goodness, I would say my favorite Christmas movie. I'll just add this. It's a wonderful life is my face?
Speaker 3: Oh it's a classic.
Speaker 1: It's a classic, and my mother would force the family to watch it every Christmas. Even we would all roll our eyes and be like, ah, and now you know, now that I'm growing up, I found children and she's gone. Now I'm like, oh, this is special, so special, great message, such a good such a good message.
Speaker 2: I rewatched that one last year. I don't watch it every year because it is like, kind of it's hopeful, but it's sad throughout the whole way through.
Speaker 3: So but I rewatched it last year and I was like, oh, it's such a beautiful movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna pivot a little bit. I want to ask some full House Christmas episode question. I don't think I was even in them, So we'll see, We'll see how this goes. This is a big experiment, Okay, okay. Would you rather spend your Christmas in an airport because of a blizzard or be trapped inside a novelty store on Christmas Eve because you're accused of being thieves? That was Mickey Roone. I think that was a Mickey Rooney one.
Speaker 3: That was the Mickney Ronee.
Speaker 2: Remember being trapped in the airport, But I don't remember being trapped in a novelty store.
Speaker 1: I don't know that was season Keys. That was season eight Arrest You Marry Gentleman, which was Mickey Rooney. I don't I don't think I was in it. So I don't remember this at all. Maybe DJ wasn't I know, it was probably Jesse's probably Jesse in Oh yeah, it was Jesse and Michelle who were trapped in the store. So you weren't even in those scenes. Okay, so you were in the airport episode the season two our very first Christmas show, yes, where you're stranded in the back.
Speaker 3: Was that one? Not with Mickey Rooney.
Speaker 2: Also, I remember being in an episode with Micky Rooney, but that wasn't until season eight, right.
Speaker 1: The season two Christmas episode was with Boss Haug, the Dukes of Hazard guy who was like the cranky curmudgeon who was just like, you know, he was mad at kids, mad at everything. Then they're sort of hinted around that he might be like Santa Ish or you know, magic. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So, okay, so trapped in an airport or trapped in a novelty store being accused of being a thief. I'd rather be trapped in an airport because there's people around. Yeah, and at least you could sing some carols with people. You could probably like garner up a good party to go on if you are so many people trapped together, whereas if it's just like two of you in a novelty store, you don't even know if anyone's going to find you for.
Speaker 3: A couple of days.
Speaker 1: True, Okay, Oh, this is thoughtful answer. That's a very very logical, super logical. I don't even have an answer for this. I don't. Yeah, it's just so ridiculous. I guess if you're trapped in an airport, you'll have Bob Saggat riding on the baggage carousel covered in snow. It's totally my favorite part of the whole episode.
Speaker 3: So great, I need to go back and watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, would you rather have a snowy Christmas in Nebraska or fake snow in the backyard on Christmas Day at the Tannerhouse.
Speaker 3: Leaning towards fake snow in the backyard?
Speaker 1: Really, I guess it depends on who you're with, Like I'm thinking, if we go to Nebraska, where we're with Becky's relatives, weetually in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: We're with the Tanners exactly. That's what I was thinking. I'm like, but I don't know what else we're doing. There might be real snow, But are we riding horses? Are we on a farm?
Speaker 3: What else do we do? Or are we in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska? I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's probably gonna be horses, because didn't Becky ride horses or milk goats or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I mean, listen, Nebraska might be fun for one Christmas. Maybe I should get out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, this is the one area where you'll get out of your comfort zone. Go to Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Go to Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Okay. Would you rather perform in the Nutcracker as the mouse king that's you? Or go to your best friend's Christmas party?
Speaker 2: Listen, the fact that I forgot your birthday and made you a hush brown cake. I am not going to skip my best friends Christmas party. I mean, that is my that's a no brainer answer. I'm not screwing that one up again.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you go one shot, man, I'm still bitter about that sixteenth birthday.
Speaker 3: I'm going to your Christmas party?
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm not even gonna be there because I'm going to be the mouse king performing.
Speaker 2: With Okay, that's somebody costume. Oh my goodness, you were so funny in that.
Speaker 1: That was season two fuller House everyone, the Nutcrackers episode, Yes, in case you're wondering, which was so fines it was. Okay, last last question, Okay, oh My Santa or oh my Lanta, Oh.
Speaker 2: My Santa Christmas? I mean, this is this just during the Christmas season? Why did I ever think of that? I need to be saying that, just like from here on out until the New Year. I need to be saying, oh my San Santa.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten about that, Oh my Santa. It's cute, I did. I liked how the writers would make up different versions of Oh My Lanta. I got a big k. Yeah, it's corny too.
Speaker 3: I loved it. Agree, bring on the cheese man, I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well those are all the questions. It was a little you know, we'll get a little full house in there, a little you know, traditional Christmas cheery. But your answers were great. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: For with me playing along. That was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well, fan Ritos, thank you for listening. To this special minisode with Kandice, Cameron Burrey. Uh. We appreciate you listening. Don't forget to like and subscribe so you get all of our newest episodes downloaded straight into your phone. You can follow us on Instagram at Howard Podcast. You can email us at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. And remember everyone, the world is small, but the house is full of Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: Oh and we're I love that
Speaker 1: A