Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start.
Speaker 2: Here and where are we?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Alright? Alright?
Speaker 3: Did no man.
Speaker 2: Start? You are Rudy's Welcome to a Saturday edition of The Shotgun Start. It is June fifteenth, Andy, how are we doing? Run day? I'm doing great, you know.
Speaker 3: I just want to get off the bat here. I think most people will be listening to this on Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. I'm trying to be a little politician here getting the good graces of all the listeners.
Speaker 2: Happy Father's Day. What are you trying to get in the good graces of the listeners? Hoping that there's a North Carolina attorney in there or something, or the officer that pulled you over, the More County sheriff. What is this politic? What was that crack here at the Echo House? Is that a good walk coffee Colbroo? Not a cold brew col Brew? At nine o'clock. It's Saturday, nine o'clock we're back at the Echo House. Full day. You went to Full eighteen. We went for a little swim this morning. It was hot when we went to the course. We walked all eighteen holes.
Speaker 3: Took Young Joseph to the laundry mat. I'm not sure he's ever been to one of those before.
Speaker 2: Young Joe Lamanya. You took him to the laundry mat. You know he's extended to stay. Full day. We little workout. Everybody had a good day. Then we went to Full eighteen in sid Our Park our Asse in the media center. We were out there at ninety whatever.
Speaker 3: Degree, cooler on the course than in the media center because of the takes or the hvact all the above.
Speaker 2: That's interesting scene in there. A great day the.
Speaker 3: Course was like, I got to ask you, since you brought it up, what was the thinking with the long sleeve shirt today? I thought it was questionable. You stuck with I can't believe you stuck with it all day.
Speaker 2: He rode an extra with me in my backpack and then I just got out there on the course and never went back in. It was I think we walked together for a little bit around foreign files, like I don't know, I'm getting a little lightheaded. I might have to go in. I was trying to do a sun sleeve thing. It's like a sport material, d ratty sport, and I thought I would just wear a long sleeve and not put on sunscreen. I just should have worn short sleeves and put on sunscreen. Were you supporting Pavon who was like sleeved up? Hit it up? I noticed it. Then takes them off for like the poster on interviews, so some of his ink is showing from underneath the sleeves. I noticed that he'll be in the file group with Bryson Deshambeau, who has a three shot lead over pavl, Roy McElroy and Patrick Cantley, who I believe he's in the house. I'm not sure he might he may be. He's still still putting out on eighteen, a good solid twenty minutes or so behind Rory's crew. Twenty minutes. I mean Bryson was twenty minutes behind him right. The last group was on the clock, from what I understand, not on the clock.
Speaker 3: They were warned, Okay, they were at least as of fifteen. I saw the official hop in, so I ran after him. I've been running after a rules officials left and right.
Speaker 2: This week you have been running after rules officials and you said he said that they were warned not on the clock. Did you hear coaches are dressing down random coaches are dressing down journalists for you know, expressing some disapproval aim point. Certain coaches you might have observed this week were dressing down young journalists on the range about saying, you know, a point not very stoic, you know, geez oh man the coach. Why we've had the coach specific coach in the crossairs, a certain monk maybe in the crossairs this week. But anyways, can't lay twenty minutes behind. We've got a good set up. Rory's with can't lay in the penultimate group, Bryson's with Pavl And what were your takeaways from following that last group of ludvig Aberg. It started really slow. There was waiting first, well.
Speaker 3: Drivable park fours like the third hole, Yeah, it just is going to get get the start out slow.
Speaker 2: And then after that for Rory's group there was like hardly any waiting after about four or five.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what that third hole was fun. I had to walk by when Tom Kim and Terryll both put it over and it was just like, stop me in the tracks. I'm sitting here, I'm watching this like you know, like, but that final group, I thought it was fascinating. I don't know where you want to start. Do you want to start with Bryson or do you want to a.
Speaker 2: Thick boy our leader, contender, pretender Bryson de Shambo seven over, I mean contender.
Speaker 3: The fans in him, it's crazy, it's insane, like roars when he got to six. I'm just saying, when he got to sixty, you were there.
Speaker 2: They went nuts. The fans went nuts for sixty sixty sixty. The grandstand went nuts. It like erupted when he walked up.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then he goes to eight and he hits its drive and he's walking off the tee.
Speaker 2: He's pumping up the fans. He's playing, He's just he's playing into it. He's playing into it. You think it's bad that Roy didn't get in the final group. Yeah, I do. I he talked about last year he played from the second to last group and he was great. I mean that was a great and fine comfortable position is.
Speaker 3: I think like there's benefits and drawbacks to being in that final group because you can get so fixated on just Bryson that somebody else can nip you. Yeah, that being said, I mean I think there's is So this is like kind of one of my big takeaways from the day. I don't think Ludwig has ever been like bullied like just I mean, Bryson was twenty five past him all day, and I don't think that's like ever happened to him. Like you're talking about like a twenty four year old who has always probably been the longest player, like or if not the longest.
Speaker 2: He always knew I'm better than this guy.
Speaker 3: And Ludwig played with Bryson today, who's hitting a twenty five past him and who kicked his ass on the golf course.
Speaker 2: That's why I was kind of hoping for Rory Bryson because you know Fenal I watched Fena today, who you know, he keeps a lot in reserve. He allegedly swings at whatever seventy five percent has a ton of Rory was like fifty past him.
Speaker 3: I saw intent on the tech because I was watching the telecast while I was walking. Yeah, he was what fifty five passed him on ten on.
Speaker 2: Tent way past. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean two he was I want to say, maybe close to one hundred yards. He took a crazy line off too, not crazy, I mean he took it and executed it. And so I would say with for Rory and Deshambo, I think there's like, I think there's a great value in playing with somebody who can kind of match you, who can kind of I would say I watched it up close today with Rory and female. For a while I thought there was, like, there can be a better golfer in the world right now than you know. He was bawling and kind of came to undone. But like Rory and Fino are of similar distances even, you know, similar kind of speed, similar traits. On nine female hits like the shot of the shot of the day, Rory like goes over. It's like, all right, I need to hit that shot. You know. Females up by one sees what club you know, I don't know. That's I'm implying that he went over his bag. He didn't have a club yet takes the same club. Okay, I just saw what that did. Makes the same shot, Like, there's a value you know, and having the honor. But there's also a value in playing with a guy who's kind of in your stratosphere. And I think that would have been super fun to see Bryce and Ry. Nevertheless, we have a good or can't lay. You could say, I, you know, I'm not disregarding can't lay. It does feel like we're the field. For a while, there was like everybody's at four or five. It was Aberg and Finale Hattan for a cup of coffee, and it kind of thinned a little bit there, and it feels like we're at Bryson can't Lay. Rory. I suppose you could say, paval you want to throw in Pavon contender, pretender, let's just do it right now. Contender pretender Matthew Paulvall. How could he not be a content now he's a pretender. If Pavon wins, Pioneers can't be an anchor site anymore.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I I think the golf course is doing it. It's just it's amazing how there's nowhere to hide out there. Like if you if you're not driving the ball, well you're gonna have like a really long day, like one of the you're gonna visit. If you visit tough town, a lot a tough is gonna get you, and Pavone got got a tough He visited the you know, downtown tough Town left of thirteen. If you're if your iron plays off, you're gonna have a long day chipping. You're gonna put a ton of pressure on your short game and you're bound to find like a really bad spot that you just can't get up and down from if your short game's week Now, we saw Ludwig who basically mitigated his week short game all week long by hitting the ship out of the ball, hitting hitting great iron.
Speaker 2: Shots all week.
Speaker 3: Today that short game got absolutely exposed. Whether it was on thirteen, uh, it was also exposed on fifteen where he pulled putter like if you've seen like the putting methodology, I don't think it's worked great this week. The cimer Like what everybody was worried about going into the you know, is everybody just gonna be a putt that hasn't worked great. The guys that have had a lot of success, Bryson Rory can't lay Hideki, they've all been chipping. Ludwig's problem today was the short game that's what let him down. That's why he shot three over. Was between the mess on thirteen and then fifteen and bad bogie there, you know, and then putting. Like I think like Rory has been awesome with pace, he hasn't been awesome inside ten feet the last two days and that's the difference between being second and being first where Bryson is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been interesting. Fen out opted a putt off thirteen and that was sort of the end of his championship. He putted from I want to say, I think it was like thirty six yards off up through the green into the right bunker, bunker back down to where he was. Then I think he chipped on after Rory. Then you know, Rory watched that happen, chipped On made his par save. It was a great day, it was. It was a great day. I know, uh uh, it feels like it thinned out a little bit. But I think this is kind of a macho final four to six guys that you want. Uh Pavon can a pretender, though, I think I'm going to put him his pretend. I just like crazier things have happened, right, I mean, what if I told you we get him in a pair of Eco lt ones by tomorrow is tea time he would he transition to contender.
Speaker 3: I would, I would say the EVRS and you get a little bit of EVR spice and you know, zest for life and uh. And then I think if you get him in those EVR signatures shoes, I think, Uh, I think he'd have a chance because his feet will be comfortable. That's one of the things that Echo does.
Speaker 2: You know, durability comfort, you know you could slip slide out there. You've got the pine straw, You've got occasional tufts, you know, the tough soill grab you. These are these are These are solid base but also comfortable and durable. I like the l T one. It's a sneaker style modern design and the LT one features the lighter foam l y T l y t R lighter foam with advanced bounce and rebound material. Uh. It's a good shoe. I like the way it looks. It's soft, it's durable, waterproof, as usually wore it all through Ireland when we were over there. You go to US dot Echo dot com slash golf check out the l T one, buy some lt ones. They've really helped us get down here, support us all week here at the US Open. In the Echo house. We got an Echo chamber takeout today from Lemagna, who's calling out Liv's performance at the major championships. He didn't say, you know, it's just like to see more. It wasn't a hot take. He wasn't ranting and Raven. He just said, hey, we have they haven't had a good year. Let's see what happens. Bryson needs to carry him. And here we are with Bryson at seven under where do you wanna go next? Rory? Should we talk about Rory a little bit? I followed him. Uh. He seemed very happy with I don't know, proud of his score, which I think is it was a good score. I don't think it was it was his best game. Uh, he was positive, strokes gained approach just barely. I just thought he hit a fair amount of poor iron shots. Uh. But like, there's what he's doing so well is it's a US Open. You're not going to hit every putt. You're not going to hit every iron shot. And when that happens, does it become a seven? Does it become a five? What happens is just become a four do you save it? And you know, I thought he had to grind quite a bit. He hit poor iron shots on the last two part threes. He dropped two shots on those, but he hit a poor you know, hit a kind of a not great iron shot at at sixteen, got up and down from a bunker, hit not a great iron shot at five, and missed a birdie chance there at that part five, hit sort of a not his best bunker shot at ten, missed a birdie chance there at the other part five, and yet he shot one under six, so they weren't all bad shots. I feel like, I don't want to sound like I'm coming off too negative, but his iron play was didn't feel nearly as good as Tony Finale's watching it up close. Let me make sure of that on approach. Yeah, Tony final was a little bit better on strokes game, but he's driving it amazing. He's holding it together on the score, even though he dropped two like, I didn't think it was his a game or close to it, and he got one under yeah.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean anything under part of today was a good score. Brison played great like the reality. You know, I think if you look at at what Rory's put together this week. It's he played sensational on Thursday and he's played two you solid rounds of golf, which if you if you do that in the US Open, you're gonna be right in the mix. He's gonna have to play a great round of golf tomorrow. He he hasn't birdied a part five the last two days. He's gonna have to burdy both the part fives. These are tough part fives. I mean they're playing basically like even par average. With Rory's length, the fact that he can he's got an iron into five if he hits a good drive in the way he's driving it, and he's got he had an iron into into ten today. He's got to take advantage of the iron.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bludig just snuck it on, but it's not a nothing iron. But yeah, it's harding.
Speaker 3: He's got to take advantage of the par fives tomorrow. And I think, like overall, like this is you want to have a chance, and if a couple of things go different way, he's probably right there neck and neck with Bryson, But like, does he get everything out of the round tomorrow? Does being in the second or last group. Free him up a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: Can't do anything. Does that maybe motivate him like I want to put this guy in a locker? I mean, I don't know. I don't think it matters. I don't think it necessarily they're going to be talking about distressed debt. Now you're talking about tools, or you should be like, hey, what's your favorite Dwalt tool? Just put him on the back foot, see what see what his knowledge is of the line, the full line of offering from I'm on the market for a new socket wrench.
Speaker 3: You got any recommendations, Let's spend your experience with the Dewault.
Speaker 2: You know, socket wrenches. Where do you land on Dwalt? How do you use it every day? Just get him on the back foot like that. I think that would put him on the fritz. I don't know. I think he's clearly playing pretty good golf and posting good rounds based on, you know, having to scramble on several occasions. He birdied nine, hit an awesome shot at fourteen, birdied that nine. Was kicking everybody's ass early.
Speaker 3: I gotta say the amazing thing about golf, I think watching these majors, and with so much of it on television, Like one of the best things to do is like Saturday morning, fire up the TV and you see how hard the holes are. Like I think what happens a lot of times is people don't think the course is hard, but it's because you're watching the guys that are playing the very, very best. If you watch in the morning on a weekend, you just see the guys who just like don't quite have it and the course just kicks their ass.
Speaker 2: That's a five. Yeah. One thing I know about nine is they have flags on top of a lot of the grand stands. They don't there a little cheeky playing. I don't know. I don't like they have them on most of them.
Speaker 3: From the practice round. Like the first one of the first shots I saw hit at Pinehurst was Martin Kimer on the ninth hole and he hit this iron that came up like twenty five yards short and I was like what yeah, And he dropped another one, took another club and it was it went up a club and was short again. Like that is a really it's a kind of like I it reminds me a little bit of Augusta National's twelfth where it's just like that hole sits back there. You got tall pines and it's super hard to judge where the wind is coming from.
Speaker 2: Not that these guys can't figure out the wind other ways, but up on the green, if they had some flags on the grandstand that's right next to it, it might help. And I noticed that's on like a lot of them. That's it was just interesting. Maybe it's just to jam them. And I think that the wind did mess with the early portion of the day. Can't Lay I did not watch any Patrick Cantlay. It sounded slow, sounded rough, sounded you know, long, But he's there. He gets in the house at four under contender or pretender for Patrick Cantlay. I think he's a pretender. I think it's Rory or Bryson. I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't It feels like, do you think Patrick Can'tley has a sixty eight tomorrow? Would be my question to you, is that what he needs? I think I think if you want to win this tournament, you have to get to six. I don't you know, like between Pavon, Rory and can't Lay, one of them is going.
Speaker 2: To shoot sixty eight. I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Bryson would have to shoot one over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two over. Do you think he's gonna do that?
Speaker 3: I think Bryson's probably gonna shoot even par or better better. So if he shoots, if he just shoots even Parr, does Patrick Can'tley have sixty seven in him?
Speaker 2: He had a double today, Bryson to kind of brains people bet. But it also felt like he missed a few birdie chances coming in that could you know seventeen I'm not suggested.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what he got like you give t You know, the native which is great here. I love the scrubby waste areas, the wiregrass. I think it's amazing. The times he hit in it. He got really good lies, and that's part of the part of the deal with him. He didn't get stonewalled with any of them, and he didn't hit every fair away. He drove it great. I mean, he's driving it amazing. But you know, the times that he got in a little bit of trouble, he had really good lies.
Speaker 2: That he could spin the ball out of. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So to me, if he if he gets in there a few times, like he's bound to get a bad break there. I thought sixteen was interesting. I you know, we talk we talked about lud Big and I think, like the thing that with the majors that always amazes me, And I say this, like, I feel like every major is that at some point in the tournament you're gonna be like your weakness is going to be pushed against. And like, I think the one thing Bryson struggles a little bit with his chipping, you know, and that reared his head on sixteen. He's been awesome this week around the Greens. He's hit a lot of really great bunker shots.
Speaker 2: But to me, is it.
Speaker 3: You know, what's it look like Tomorrow? Saturday is different than Sunday. You know, as our buddies Zinger would say, it's just a little more pressure.
Speaker 2: What is Bryson gonna have the WD with this hip injury. He's got physios working on him behind the fence. This is a big thing. He's talking about hip issues. I got a.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, unsubstantiated rumor that this is that he saw someone and this is all that they said, There's nothing wrong with you.
Speaker 2: Oh he saw a doctor. Sounds like me trying to get out of fifth grade football practice. And my dad was like, well, when I have the doctor next door check you out. There's nothing wrong with you, but who oh interesting drenched out. On the other there was a there was a blimp coverage of it or something I saw on my phone as I was running ahead. Looked amusing always something.
Speaker 3: But he's a get Yeah he's got. I mean he had to get stretched out anything like I. I like that he's on a pitch count tonight when he's on the range during his night range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's hitting, and I apparently he has had one more good one. Nailed it and gave his team a hug and then walked off. Yep, nailed it and gave him a hug and walked off. Brice and continues to deliver. He's got the crowd. I don't know he he apparently was somebody in camp was upset with the coverage, so they were too critical on TV and didn't want him to do his interview with Damon Hack. What were they too criticals? I don't know. I lived.
Speaker 3: I heard that Brandle went like, oh really, Like they came back on sixteen and Brandle went on like a live tirade, Oh really apparently, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's what's the PJ. You want to come in? What happened their extraordinaire. We're not getting professional, We're just getting that's pretty much exactly what happened. Okay.
Speaker 3: I came out of break on sixteen on Saturday of the US, So we're like to give Brandon an open.
Speaker 2: Mic one PM. Yeah, Rory's on eighteen and they're doing Brandal Hates Live. Oh really? Yeah? Interesting. I mean, I think there's a time and a place for those opinions that I don't know that's anyways he Do.
Speaker 3: You think do you think Brandal called off Tommy Roy said, Tommy, I don't give me, give me the ball?
Speaker 2: I was it? Was it?
Speaker 3: Do you think that Tommy Roy called the play in the in the in the in the huddle and Brandal just waved him off and said I got this? Or do you think they were all on.
Speaker 2: Board with with the with the play call. I don't know. I'm not going to speculate on the production of the broadcast. And I didn't see it and I didn't hear it. All I've heard is that, you know, Bryson almost was not that could do or someone in his camp didn't want him to do the interview. There's also allegedly someone in his camp that that uh, I was worried that a media member might have chinked, so come on. And then he made the double shortly after Jinks somehow showing up on too much detail here. But someone in his camp, someone who is in his camp.
Speaker 3: Media member was out there said something and Bryson's camp said, you're getting to jinx him. And then sure enough, minutes later he made a double.
Speaker 2: All right, well he'll be with Matthew Pavall.
Speaker 3: If you see what he did, you probably didn't see what he did. I'm thirteen with the crowd, he said, So that was not up up right, that it was up on three. I really want to go for this. Don't boom me. If I don't, I'm gonna hit just hit a seven iron, but don't boom me.
Speaker 2: So he hit a seven iron, He's just he's playing to the crowd.
Speaker 3: He's being a They hit a seven iron to the bunker's narrow a bunker and.
Speaker 2: Then hit it to like three feet or something. Right, this is what I'm saying, Like, well, we don't need to go in depth on the course, but like there's a sixty six today. I watched Rory get jammednukeball up eight right, but he got a kind of not a great lie. Went into the scrub. He hit a great shot at eighth. Great is not easy. He hits it to the table top and stops it within I don't know, ten to thirteen feet from the scrub up the hill to a tough pin like it is doable. Like there were there were rounds. There was an eighty three, there was an eighty one and two eighty one's you know, Smatt Fitz shot seventy nine, Supstraca shot seventy eight, had a good He's having a great year. Step has been hitting pretty well to you'd agreed tank. So that kind of stuff was out there.
Speaker 3: But I say, I guess say some of the some of the porta potties on the course, they're getting they're getting gnarly.
Speaker 2: Why are you investigating that?
Speaker 3: I just was standing I could smell I can smell them just standing twenty five feet away.
Speaker 2: It was hot.
Speaker 3: You know, it's about a long week hot. It's not a good combination.
Speaker 2: You want you want to hear a disastrous that substantiated rumor about the media center. Have you heard this? Yes, I mean Apparently somebody just destroyed like had to be removed. Second, and I have no first th in knowledge of this. Apparently there was like an entire portion of the trailer DY had to be wheeled out taken away because somebody just destroyed it. This sounds bad in there. I heard that yesterday. Not a good scene. That's terrible. I can't be having that. Oh so your there's your sept Saturday septic take minute. I don't know what media members responsible for destroying the entire anyways it happened. I don't know if you know what time it happened at. It happened at like seven in the morning. You media person in there Saturday and he's like scrambling through like the trying to figure out who to call under to prepare the whole. I hadn't heard all these they're like four clive it away or something like that. Just one one portion of it sounded bad? All right? Where were we? Anything else? You want to get out here? I don't know where to go from here. I got a random note. If you were an amateur or qualifier you made the US open, would you stick around missed the cut? Yeah? I would stick around. I would totally stick around. I saw young Maxwell Moldovan just having drinks up on the He looks like he's twelve too. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the most recognizable twenty three year old in the world because of how young he looks.
Speaker 2: It was just looked like he was having a blast. I don't know if just had an alcoholic drinks. He was turned pro. He was just hanging watching the US Open Saturday night and around the clubhouse. I was like, ah, I can appreciate that. If you're here, you know, enjoy it, take it all.
Speaker 3: You want to know who else hung around who? Maybe he was looking for a little camera time. Yeah, what Gordon Sergeant missed the cut? I h I saw. I saw Gordon Sergeant missus the cut. It's one forty five pm on Saturday. It's the dead of the heat, ted hot, so hot, in the middle of the day, and he's going for a range session.
Speaker 2: He went out for a range session at one pm. I heard you wanted to give him thirst Bucket of the week. I think Thirst of the afternoon. Maybe he's just an eighteen year old kid. I don't know, he's like twenty two now. Okay, so Thirst bucket eligible.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, who would go out for a range session and when it's ninety out, Yeah, unless you're trying to get some maritime with the leaders and going going to the range.
Speaker 2: Hn, Joseph Lebin, you have one more piece of odds and odds and ends news. You were out there on nine you saw an amusing exchange with our friend the Billy boy, the town crier, the button boy. Uh was he getting heckled? I think it sounds like there was some interstate college warfare.
Speaker 4: Billy Boy made a difficult bogie on the ninth hole, was not happy, a little bit of a backup on the tenth tee, and as he's standing there, some guy yells go Knowles. Billy gives no reaction, yells go Knowles a couple more times at him, and Billy goes, yeah, I heard you the first two fucking times. Then then Billy gets up hits a terrible t shot like way left and as on ten, and as he's walking off the tea box, the guy yells go Knowles at him again and Billy Billy kind of pipes back and then goes last. I checked Florida State lost in baseball yesterday and the guy yelled, like, you know what about football, and Billy said, it's not football season, so little good back and forth in the middle of his championship Saturday round.
Speaker 2: Billy popp him back, and that's why we brought Joseph here to get that kind of intrepid information. I love that. Just why why do you have? You know, I think golfers have a pretty good compared to other sports. But like, what are we doing? What are you trying to get? Like, just don't say it's been a good crowd. I would say otherwise even Saturday gets rowdy, but it's been a great kind of high high i Q crowd. But yeah, Nole's like, are you just trying to Well, I got another thing about the crowd. We've got a.
Speaker 3: Great give We've got a bunch of stuff to give away. Yeah, we got we got a pops hat. Well, this is what it's about, So the pop We've got a pops hat. We've got a flat four pops, We've got uh, we've got.
Speaker 2: Ornament, a towel, a great caddy towel type.
Speaker 3: We got all kinds of stuff. But the given hat, I mean, the Pop's hat was our prize.
Speaker 2: You got to be clear, you gotta subscribe to good Walk Coffee, giving it away to good Walk Coffee subscribers shotgun.
Speaker 3: A Friday and existing. You don't get a better chance if you're either one or the other. The pops hat was, I was like, oh, that's for Dad.
Speaker 2: It's right or pace of play police.
Speaker 3: So I was super confused today when I saw a twenty five year old Ish woman wearing the pink pops hat.
Speaker 2: Does it mean something else you thought you had? We had misidentified the market. Who the target demo was, Yes, Pop's hat, Yeah, twenty five year old. I don't know. Maybe she just wasn't the pink I'm just guessing twenty five Was it the pink one? It was the pink Pop's hat. Maybe is she just like the pink flair and the way it popped. I was felt bad because I kept looking.
Speaker 3: I was trying to understand what was going on with the Pops hat.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe we've misidentified. Maybe it's not for sixty year old dad. It's a pink G four giant letter hat trucker. You don't think sixty year old pops for a loop. It was the most surprising thing I saw to day. Many other notes we got, we got contender pretending I got one other one. What I'm worried about how Rory applies sunscreen? This is a yeah. This has been a subject of some video and photography. I mean he just goes ham.
Speaker 3: He just sprays with reckless abandon in the face. I don't know how it dies and just going anybody can do that. Yeah, I'm terrified any time I try and spray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you do you spray just? I mean it is intense. I use the oars and alpstick. But the problem is with some of these sprays is you then rub it in and now we've defeated the point of having the spray, right, because like the spray is so your hands don't get goofy. And I appreciate Rory just going ham. I mean I think you know, he does not want for financials, Like you know, his financial situation is pretty intact. He doesn't need to worry about sunscreen budget. So he probably just goes ham, sprays all over and then keeps his hands dry and let let go and like god, and he goes on. But it is, Yeah, he loves the spray wide and far with the with the sunscreen application. I'd be worried about my eyes.
Speaker 3: Are I can't well if I can't hit my next shot because I'm blinded by sunscreen?
Speaker 2: Are we had only two contenders? Is there a third? What about you? What do you think? I think can't? Is probably a contender? All right, you give him a contender. I'm going pretender. I mean I think that's I think I shade more pretender. But we can't. We gotta have more than two what uh?
Speaker 3: I mean last year I think we had well, we had Scott. Did we have Scotty? We had Scotty?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We called Ricky a pretender even though it was leading. I know that. I think, well we might have that didn't work out? Uh? I think it is Bryson and Rory. Who's your pick? Do you think KITDECKI or Ludwig has a chance? So more cow is shot than we're onto the day of sixty six?
Speaker 3: Early I love the telecast was like if these guys can get it to Eve and they have a chance?
Speaker 2: What? Who said that? All morning long? The were saying that, even for the championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the early guys, it's like, what what planet are you living on?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Even if it was four even if there was, If it was four, how how would Colin Morikawa get out and shoot? What is he gonna shoot another sixty six and get to four?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, I don't think. I don't think two has a change. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: We talked about the going forward or back, Like the five, it went back. Everybody went back except for Bryson.
Speaker 2: I think these were their hardest pins, not their heart. I think. I don't think they're gonna make it more challenging, is what I'll say. I think. And Roy spoke to this. He's that a lot of the holes were cut on like crowns. They were hard pins. I don't think it's going to be demonstrably harder tomorrow than it was today. And you could shoot sixty seven. Bryson shot sixty six in the morning. Do you think it could all of a sudden become crazy where the lead comes back to three or four. I don't think that's happening. And so, yeah, I think you gotta be at four.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think you got you gotta get to six if you want a chance.
Speaker 2: I met starting Yeah, four, the four and above.
Speaker 3: So I think there then you could talk yourself into Hidekian Ludwig.
Speaker 2: If you think six has a shot shooting, they're gonna shoot what sixty.
Speaker 3: Sixty six to get to six? Okay, I don't know if sixty five is available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seems tough. You really gotta be going it. Just the problem is like you just.
Speaker 3: When you miss the green, it just is so hard and you're bound to miss a few green going.
Speaker 2: It's a US Open Sunday, You're going to Valhalla. If you're going to miss a green beat up this week.
Speaker 3: Just retrospect the juxtaposition of Firm Augusta, Valhalla and this, it's just like it almost is aging worse.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna talk more about Sunday about Pinehurst and where you feel it is now as an anchor site affirmation. We'll talk more about that tomorrow. Any other notes you want onload? Who's your pick? Eighteen holes to go? And I think, Bryson, what do you think I'm gonna? I picked Rory on Wednesday or Tuesday night? Why would I jump off the band way? I walked eighteen holes today. You got the late you got the last group assignment. I went up there with Rory and FIAW. You know I don't think he played his best, but he still scratched it in. I think he should be happy with that, and I think he knows what he wants to do. He'll be one group ahead of Bryson. I think he said he liked that. He'll put the pressure on here he could, you know, might not be the worst thing being ahead of him. And I'm gonna stick with Rory, picked him ahead of the ahead of the week, and I'll ride it for eighteen more holes. I'm not picking Matt Devavon. So you got Bryson, I got Rory. Doesn't feel like a whole lot of other options. I just don't see Patrick Cantley shooting in the you know, sick sties mid sixties tomorrow, So I think that does it. Any other notes? Good? All right, thank you for tuning in. That's We'll see you all on Sunday night Monday morning for US Open recap. Check out Echo Golf Shoes and one more to go from the Echo Echo House at Pinehurst. See you all on Sunday night.