Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cavino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Covino on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. All right, turning your hump day into a hump night. I know you want to say that, Caveno, I just still don't know what that means. Good brok, dude, you sound like the last caller with a bad connection. Covino on the East Coast. Did you get some gabba gul on the microphone? Got a goo? Covino on Rich, Fox Sports Radio doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. If you miss any of today's show, video audio all that on the Fox Sports Radio YouTube page. Rated five stars and we'll love you for doing so. Thank you, all right, pet peeves a la Colin Cowherd not enjoying the backwards hat, play it one more time. I think Brian Schottenheimer Colin had to love this, right, the fact that they started Dallas. They start a press conference referencing Colin Cowherd.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Colin. Let me turn my hat around.
Speaker 1: I mean that just shows the power Colin has in the sports world. But uh yeah, backwards hat his pet peeve? What is your style? Annoyance? What bothers you? I got? I got a couple and then we'll covi. You know, if you have some, throw them on there.
Speaker 2: I want to say that young women are not off the hook here, and some young men. I'm surprised I see young men doing this. But those la boo boos on their backpacks, la boo booz those are dude. Hold on, we'll get you connected the right way. I'm gonna say, you go to a wedding, you go to an event. I don't know why it bothers me so much. It shouldn't.
Speaker 1: People that can't put together a nice suit, like their suit doesn't fit them the right way. They have pleated pants, well, the jackets shoulders are too big, like to me, Like, I'm not a guy that owns a lot of suits. But you could go to Macy's, go somewhere for under two hundred bucks. You could get a suit that lestra for years. The styles don't change that much. Get a nice fitted suit, get a tailored for cheap you could buy a cheap suit, get a tailored and just have that. You don't need a new suit every year. So when I see someone with like clearly they're wearing a suit that doesn't fit them, that bothers me for some reason. I don't know why. Irritates that harsh harsh.
Speaker 4: Covino would be the same way, but I I that is that is very harsh. I'd be very self conscious around you if I was, you look a certain way.
Speaker 1: Like you look good into a suit. Damn byer, nobody died. No, they don't want to go to a funeral.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, Like the point is, yeah, you got it a couple of years ago, which you know is probably the two hundred bucks then, and it's difficult maybe if you know strings, you know perse strings are a little tight to be able to get that suit that you maybe wear once a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel but because I feel like I've been rocking the same suit for a while and it's still in style enough. So when you see someone with a completely out of style big pleated pants baggy nineteen ninety like there at the nineteen ninety something NBA draft, like, dude, come on, get a new suit, You're not Carmelo.
Speaker 4: You're more the exception to that rule. I would say there's more people with non fitting suits than the ones who will go to the nines to make sure that their suit fits.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're right, and Dan Bayer, you're a guy that every day you come in here handsome and clean cut. Right, you got the nice clean shave. No, what bothers me when you go to an event? You see?
Speaker 3: You know what bothers me about you?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 3: When you can walk in here.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're a guy that you see I keep this stubble beard. When someone has a gross neck beard for an event like a wedding, kids communion, you know, you go after a nice like.
Speaker 3: I can get. Yeah, I agree with that. You got to line your beard up every other day if you have a beard like me.
Speaker 5: Guy has been describing me the last ten minutes. But I was bad suit, bad neck beard.
Speaker 1: You know what? Maybe this is? Maybe did he see that I labeled this? I was saying intervention on my favor.
Speaker 5: At Bush's wedding, I looked like the biggest slub and I thought I looked good.
Speaker 1: And I look at pictures and I'm like, god, I look off do you have a picture of you at Bursh's wedding. Yes, I do. Can you text it to me obviously if it's worthy putting on our Instagram? That Yeah, I'm back.
Speaker 2: I agree with you with the overside suits thing. It's like you're wearing your dad's suit to the interview. It's such a weird look.
Speaker 1: That not not a good one at all. But the neck beard that let's let's say, how to Holliss in Tennessee. Holliss, you're a cavino on Richard's Up Buddy, what's going on? What's up? Man?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sitting here and I hear it talking about you know, and.
Speaker 1: Boone Knicks like they the best things or slice bread. I mean, we talked about that yesterday, so you must be calling from a time machine. But yes, we did talk about bone Nicks yesterday.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, no, no, no, I know, I'm catching up.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I've been doing a couple of things.
Speaker 7: But crash, come on, no.
Speaker 1: Trash. All right, well let's insert that on yesterday's pod. All right, let's say, how Josh, what's that?
Speaker 7: Josh, Hey, Josh, Hey boys, I got I got three for you. Uh, that kind of annoyed me. The backwards hat is fine. What annoyed to me is when someone has a hat that's like way too big for their head, like three size is too big for their head.
Speaker 1: You know, those are called knocking boss.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when girls wear these baggy jeans from like the nineteen nineties, mm hmm. And and I'm gonna go with crocs, worst worst fashion.
Speaker 1: Josh, those are not bad ones. You know what I will say, I am sort of used to a hot girl wearing those baggy what they call them, like mom jeans. At first, I'm like, what's it? The baggy high waisted like I felt it so unflattering, But you know, you get used to it and you're like, yeah, that's the style. What do you do? You want your wife or girlfriend to be out of style? But I could see guys saying they're not very form fitting, that stylish. It's good, all right, Well hey, let's uh, let's get your feet back.
Speaker 4: You know a pet peeve of mine is when guys go out to the East Coast and do a show and their connections crap out on them. You know, no, no, it totally gets under my skin.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: It just is you know, we could be sitting here listening to big mic. There was you know, words of wisdom, you know, instead and instead we're hearing underwater you know hosts.
Speaker 1: At the bad driving I'll take pickles on the and can I can I just say something? This suit?
Speaker 4: This the suit things? We had another collar, like I get a crocs? Are you know you know I get that. Heck, we had our bed about crocs. Rich can rock crocs, which I think all of us are jealous that that he can actually can actually pull it off. There is the difference of understanding the moment and then like like the trying too hard right, Like there's there's I think that there's a balance with some of that. And so like if you're wearing like the big hat, like the guy said, like totally get that.
Speaker 1: Just wear a hat that fits. I was saying you too hot on yourself. I think you looked really good. Wait you saw those already. I think you are wearing a like a nice fitted shirt. Your pants are like a straight leg cut. You look good. How are you those that just went through? How'd that get that? How that get to your technology?
Speaker 6: Sam?
Speaker 5: You're in the next room. So I take my clothes to dry cleaner. I don't even try to iron good, so you know at least something's matching there. But I just I look back at this and like, my pants are all wrinkly, and I like had him dry cleaned.
Speaker 3: Like you have a picture that's not with Moncy.
Speaker 1: I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Just me and Monty and it's men and it's me dancing like Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I love this. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: So you think I look I passed it. I think I think I think you passed the tank. You're also a skinnier guy, so you're always gonna look better.
Speaker 3: In a suite.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a little I have a gut, so it's a little hard to pull off. Right. Well, hey, your thoughts at COVID and on Rich.
Speaker 3: I think Sami looks good.
Speaker 1: I actually I do Rich Champagne tie and pants, scon that looks good. Works, it works.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: A boosted my morale. We do this every Wednesday. We're gonna get to Spots midweek Major, so don't you worry. But before we get to Midweek Major, we're gonna give away a prize. There's a guy that runs this place. His name is Big Mike. Big Mike comes in here every day when we first started. The reason we say he runs his place is because he walks around like a man in charge, and he has work. He's a stylish guy too. I mean, that's the beat the bowl. Mike is a Mike's a great guy, and he drops words of wisdom. And if you could repeat this verbatim, you will win a Kavino Witch prize from Fox Sports Radio. Let's do this. Mike's words of wisdom. It's time for the guy that runs this place.
Speaker 4: Just for clarification, guys, big Mike does not run this place. He is not in charge of everything. He has no power over really anybody here. He does not run this place.
Speaker 6: It's Big Mike's words of wisdom on a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and you make bad decisions. Oh that's some big stuff right there. Sort of harsh too.
Speaker 2: I saw something similar online where it was like, I'm not mean, you're just dumb.
Speaker 1: So along those lines is right. So repeat Mike's words of wisdom and you win a prize from Coveno on Rich and Fox Sports Radio. The number eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox Now, Cavino, if you need a little pick me up today, I'm sorry to tell you. George Kittle and the NFL and everyone will tell you no more smelling salts. So there's gonna be a I wonder if this is going to affect the NFL. I wanted to bring this up because when you heard George Kittle talking about this, I wasn't sure if it was a joker. Now, you know, Kittle's probably one of the funnier dudes in the NFL. I didn't know that there was a very serious nature to his response. Here, take a listen.
Speaker 8: I honestly just came up here to Eric Grievance. Our team out a memo today that's smelling slats and ammonia packets were made.
Speaker 3: Illegal in the NFL. Wow.
Speaker 1: And I've been distraught all day. Illegal. Yeah. He even said he's not practicing anymore.
Speaker 8: I considered retirement. Yeah, George, you got to figure out the middle ground here.
Speaker 1: Guys helped me out.
Speaker 3: Somebody come up with a good idea.
Speaker 8: Grievances, Yeah, that's all I had to get out there.
Speaker 3: Get that off.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: Every before, every every drive, drive in between, every place.
Speaker 1: It feels like the energy is still out here though, definitely. But I miss I mean I at first, I'm like, see joking or not? In every drive guy, some guys get fired up. Listen, Kittle sounds like you know, he sounds like sounds like a college girl who got their cocaine taken away. It's I've ever tried it? Have you tried it ever? Smelling salts? No, but if you watched Receiver, George Kittle was part of that series. They don't show it on the show, but you could tell that before the game, like Kittle does look like he gets these little quick bumps of getting fired up. I'm not when I say bump, I don't mean cocaine. I'm saying it feels like Kittle is the type of guy that's like, WHOA, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's like that extra boost when you need it. Yeah, and he thrive thrives off of that. But little kids see these pros, then they want to reenact it. Monkey see Monkey do and apparently masks some serious concussion injuries.
Speaker 1: But do you think that's the reason though, I mean, you've seen people in the fight world get knocked out and then you know they wake up with the smelling salts so you've seen it on TV shows, You've seen it on you know, you've seen in the sports world. I just I personally have never tried smelling salts, and I've seen a challenge on social media. Have you seen like a regular person try a smelling salts that have never done it?
Speaker 3: I have not, but I this just sounds absurd.
Speaker 4: But remember the NFL did their helmet thing when they would only allow you to have one helmet because they felt that it would cause more concussions if you changed it. Yeah, well now they're like, Okay, well the data didn't really show that, so everybody can wear different helmets, and now they can make money off of it. Like if you if they could make money off of this, I'm almost thinking like they would have had the official ammonia inhalent of the NFL, right, you know, like there's a there's there's a way that you could do it. But I think that's the the overall point of it. It's just the image of it. The the optics is the phrase that I was looking at. They don't want to be if it does mass concussion symptoms the whole deal. If it does or doesn't. One case said that it did I think they're afraid of the optics of it.
Speaker 2: That's they just have a rule where they do it in a blue tent, or they do it.
Speaker 9: They can't cup. They might do it in the locker room. Nobody would know. I know you're saying the optics. Let's say it's like a downtrodden looking George Kittle. Then all of a sudden he comes out and he's like, who.
Speaker 1: I saw a.
Speaker 5: Woman on a reel and she tried, she tried smelling salts and it knocked her on her butt.
Speaker 1: She was like overwhelmed.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 5: It's almost like you guys, remember when Steve O snorted with Sabi in one of the Jackass movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was like overwhelmed by it. It's not a good idea a spot. Who's the dude that does the wing show tasting the wings Sean Evan hot Ones, Yeah, se Sewan Evans hot Ones. Like when you get down to those final couple wings and it's like you see people genuinely react like, yo, this is something Cavino. Look it up later. If you've seen like young TikTokers trying smelling salts and it's not simple. It's not like all right, I got a little pep. It's I've never done it, have you in the football days?
Speaker 2: Of all people, I've seen Mario Lopez do it not too long ago, too, and he was like, oh my god, like they couldn't handle it. So I get it, you're trying to protect the kids. I'm not against it, but I'm surprised they didn't just make a rule where you just couldn't do it on the sidelines.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. They don't want baseball players to have tobacco and stuff because you know, the kids will see and then all of a sudden, the kids will want to be chewing tobacco and it's a bad influence. I guess there's a parallel there, maybe where it's like if you see guys like kid all fired up, fun young players snorting anything or take get a sniff of something, it just again, it optically looks weird. Right.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of this, uh this, these several lines from airplane quick to pick the wrong week to quit smelling smelling salts.
Speaker 2: Maybe we go back to the old fashioned way of slapping yourself in a face one hundred times.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea. You want to get a winner for Mike's Words of Wisdom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's start with Mo in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Mo In, Oh Mo, are you ready to play?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we can get it a go, give it a go.
Speaker 3: Well, you gotta wait for the music to simmer here for a second.
Speaker 1: You're on mo.
Speaker 7: Right, Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is that you're dumb.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, he was like paraphrasing it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's word for word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we gotta take the next caller, Tammy in Vegas. You get a chance to win.
Speaker 1: Hi, Tammy, Hello, Hi? Oh why are you ready to do Mike's Words Wisdom?
Speaker 7: Oh ready, I'm going to be all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Let it simmer.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 7: Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and you make bad decisions. Oh, we got order.
Speaker 1: You know it's a winner, you know what I say? Of course, of course. It took a woman to pay attention to listen. Guys are terrible listening, right, Tammy, right, right, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Tammy, hang on the line. We'll get your info for our next seeing our prize.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tammy, Thank you, Tammy, and rich speaking of it takes a woman is it okay to argue with a woman?
Speaker 1: You know, it's it's funny you should ask is it okay to argue with a woman? Because you and I were talking about this before the show. The first female umpire set to make her debut in Major League Baseball, and again, Uh, it's just interesting because we've had female officials in other sports, but I feel like baseball there's just a weird argumentative nature. Danny, would you back me up on saying baseball the arguments or are less like, oh that's a flag, like we move they move on quick. In baseball, Yeah, there's a almost like a very chest bumping, yelling.
Speaker 2: Search Loo Panella or Billy Marty or Earl Weaver or any of these guys kicking dirt and using obscenities.
Speaker 1: They all go off on these umpires. Yeah, like in the NFL or NBA. Don't get me wrong, there's fights, but you know what happens a technical foul or like fifteen yard penalty, So it feels more personal in baseball. Yeah, in other sports there's more on the line. Again, a technical foul that hurts the team, fifteen yard penalty could totally disrupt a drive. There's more discipline to also not do it. In baseball, you're on your own. You could get ejected. It's not like in baseball something you do could juparitarize the team other than you are out of the game. So baseball will always have that ball strike argument, pitcher showing up the umpire, batter take it off his knee pad when it's like, nope, strike too. You know it's there's a very argumentative Bryce Harper the other day, damn lost his mind. You've seen stars of the game go bananas, and I wonder is it gonna look And again, by no means am I trying to sound sexist. I want women to have every opportunity in the sports world. But will baseball players look like bullies and jerks if they argue with the female umpire. I think there's gonna be a different approach. I just think, like almost if you want to go old school and say yo, manners Like if you're an old school guy, this manners where we're like, yo, I'm not gonna talk to any woman a certain way. You might say that's too old school for you, But Danny g I feel like you're the type of guy that was raised like, don't talk to women a certain way for sure, like you're you're a gentleman, you're a man, Like I'm not going to talk to any woman with disrespect. But if it's in this, it's on the field and she calls a third strike looking in the bottom.
Speaker 2: Of the evening to be fair sexist, I think is being real. Yeah, it's like it's going to be an awkward situation for a lot of these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and cove.
Speaker 3: You remember several years ago when the first female referee got on the court for the NBA, there was talk like this. There was talk about this. It hasn't turned out to be a big problem.
Speaker 1: No, it could be something that doesn't even get a second look. I just my instinct was, of course, we want women to have every opportunity. But I did think though that the first guy that really gets in her face is going to look like a complete ahole. I really do, And I think that it's it's a I don't want to be the first guy, That's what I'm saying. I'm a major League baseball player. In my mind, I'm like, well, I'm not gonna be the first guy to get in her face and yell about balls and strikes because then you look like a bully. Because the old school to you may still feel like I'm a gentleman, I don't talk to a woman that way. You could say, well, if at work, I don't know your thoughts at Covine and Rich and you know, maybe we'll touch on that more next when we do spots midweek major all the biggest news stories in the world of sports and entertainment. That's next right here on Fox Sports Radio Now. From searching online to asking your friends and family, there's lots of ways to look for jobs, but what if your team had experts. It can help you find the right job right now. Your Express Employment Professional's office is your one connection to endless job opportunities. With just one application, they can help you find the job at a company that fits your needs. All you got to do visit expresspros dot com and as always, Express never charges job seekers a fee. With more than eight hundred and seventy locations, there's an office nearby ready to help. Express knows when local companies are hiring, even for jobs that may not be posted yet. So get to expresspros dot com, get started with your job search and discover for yourself. What it's like to have support in your job search. You could also start your search by downloading the Express Jobs app. Download it today to search jobs, apply and contact your local Express team. All Right, sorry if I'm a little out of it today, Covino on Rich on Fox Sports Radio. They took away my smelling salts. See ma, I'm back. I'm back, all right, Yeah, I had use those. I had no clue how George Kittle cared that much about his smelling salts. Who knew? All right, Covin and Rich doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, and be sure to subscribe to the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube and you'll see the best videos from all the shows. And uh, you know we do every Wednesday around this time, we do a little something called Midweek Major. So Spot's gonna be lining up all his stories in the world of sports and entertainment. And don't forget next week we are gonna be doing it live for Dan Patrick Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then again on Friday. So for the five days next week you'll be waking up with CNR on FSR in for the Great DP. All right, let's do this Midweek.
Speaker 6: Major, Coveno and Rich get you over the middle of the week when mid Week Major Major, Oh, I love that we throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 7: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 1: We definitely see it. Our score Midweek Major.
Speaker 3: I gotta go really fast here to give Spot eight full minutes.
Speaker 1: It doesn't want that time. I don't want it at all all.
Speaker 3: Before we hand things over to the number one and only host of this segment, usually we roll the two big red Love Dice, but Covino is live from New Jersey today, so cove. I have Ben Maller's magic penny in my hand from Benny versus the Penny?
Speaker 1: How does he keep that?
Speaker 3: All right? And Rich, you are the home team because you're still here in the La studio, So call in the air Rich, heads or tails? I got a big head, so head, you do have a big head. It's heads, so that makes you Rich gets to go first. And now, ladies and gentlemen, the most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Playing's New Jersey Spotty Boy, can.
Speaker 1: I request a new intro?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, you left off at the break so I'll just dive into some more details.
Speaker 10: You mentioned it this weekend. New Jersey native Jen Powell. I think I'm pronouncing that right. We'll make history as the first woman to umpire a game in Major League Baseball. Shall umpire the double header between the Braves and the Marlins at Atlanta's Truest Park. She was born and raised in West Milfred, New Jersey, So Jersey privacy. I went on to play softball and soccer at hop Street University. I've been in was an up at the amateur level for a decade, appeared in the miners in the Coast League in twenty sixteen, moved up to Triple A in twenty twenty three before she was put on the list to move up to the majors. The other four major sports of the other you know, the three of the four not hot dog eating but NBA twenty eight years ago. They had women NFL ten years ago, so maybe NHL will be just around the corner midwek or meet.
Speaker 4: I think this is major, Yeah, every major.
Speaker 1: I think this is great. And listen, they're not doing this. This is not a charity case. We're not throwing this woman a bone. She has earned it. She has umpired at every level. My only take that was a little a little different was I feel like, if you're the first guy to really argue with her, you're gonna look like a bully, because as a gentleman, as a grown man, no one should be yelling at a woman. But then again, it's on the field, so it's in a job description. It's the job description, I guess, right, So I'm gonna say major. I just think it's gonna be funny or awkward at first when someone finally starts yelling at her and she starts yelling back as Hey, you've seen it umpires in baseball. You see more baseball ump disagreements than any other sport. I agree, major history being made. I'm just surprised is is taking this long and it shouldn't be an issue.
Speaker 2: As they say, the best referees, the best umpires are the ones you don't notice. I do think that men coaches are gonna be able to lean into the debates and the arguments as much, but in time we'll get used to it.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Congrats, Hey, good for her.
Speaker 10: All right, let's see, for the second week in a row, a w NBA game was interrupted by a phallic object.
Speaker 1: Can I say that have there been three? Now? I've like to count s. That's great. I think that this is the third one.
Speaker 5: Thank you spot for actually used a very good word, thank you phal Of course you could say that right.
Speaker 1: The first one that made news took place last week.
Speaker 10: We actually mentioned it last week during midwek Major where the Valkyries took on the Dream. There was another one over the weekend, and then the most recent incident took place last night at the at Crypto dot com, you know, where a refever took on the sparks right after Kelsey Plumb nailed to free throw a fan through it on the court and actually.
Speaker 1: Hit Sophie Cunningham.
Speaker 10: Sophie Stunningham, and ironically enough, Sophie posted on her social media that she because of all the incidents, She's like, oh, I hope I don't get hit in the face.
Speaker 1: It's going to turn into a meme.
Speaker 10: So she ended up being the one that got hit on the court went over to the side to kind of laugh it off. But the WNBA did release a statement over the weekend because of the previous incident, saying any fan who intentionally throws an object on the court will immediately be ejected, subject up to one year ban, in addition to being arrested and prosecuted by wherever the incident takes place, Midweek or major.
Speaker 1: They add this is major. They had a heavy arrest because being banned from WNBA games for a year no is no great punishment, So yes, you will be arrested.
Speaker 5: They've arrested one guy from one of the first two incidents so far. He got charged with indecent exposure, criminal trespassing and what are you in here for?
Speaker 1: Murder? No? I threw on the court and pala falac NBA game? What what happened to it? Is it on eBay? Did someone put it in there? Did someone put it in their little bag and take it home? Like whatever? And it's once again it was like a line or like Neon Green. So it's all that. It's been the same the Shrek collection. I wonder if what it's all over now. I wonder if it's like the same one being passed around.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're like celebrity desks.
Speaker 3: They only happened in threes. So this is the.
Speaker 1: Big, that's the big. We're making a story out of it.
Speaker 2: It gets more pressed for the w n b A, and all you're doing is inviting more people to continue doing this regardless of the consequences. They're going to try to sneak it, make it happen.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think the w n b A, without injuring players, leans into it a little bit, make it a tradition like like throwing hats or fishing hockey or whatever they do.
Speaker 1: It's kind of insulting, though, isn't it. You know, someone a little bit insulted thoughts about it or a nice parting gift.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're laughing about it. The players, of course not being them right. Some are like, you know, someone's kind of random.
Speaker 1: Some have no use for it. Okay, Can I move on? Yes? Please?
Speaker 10: We talked a few times here on the show and during Midweek Major actually how Tom Brady has regretted doing his Netflix roast, the Greatest Roast of All Time, mainly because of the impact on his family and his kids. Well roastmaster Jeffrey Ross. Comedian Jeffrey Ross has actually commented and fired back on Brady's reaction, saying, I didn't realize you could lose half your sense of humor in a divorce. So in a recent interview with Paige Chicks, he commented just on Brady's reaction. He said, though he went on to say, I want everyone to love the roast, to leave their feeling like it was the greatest night of their lives. And he said above that, beyond that, the guy deserves a Nobel Peace prize for taking the hits for three hours so the rest of us couldn't forget our problems. Brady is, of course, expressed this regret on multiple occasions. So I don't know if this lesson's out a bit midweeker major.
Speaker 1: I think it's mid I'll tell you why. Jeffrey Ross, you know, really funny buffoon, because that's what he is, right, I mean, he's great at the roasting. Oh he's a roast master. He's a roast master. But cove I look at it this way. He's in that world. I'll give you the analogy. When you date someone that's on the radio or TV, you almost like sometimes you'll be the content of discussion and you have to deal with it. Jeffrey Ross, his whole life revolves around offensive roasting jokes. He can't he can't say, oh, man, Tom Brady can't take it. Tom Brady put himself out there more than anyone ever thought he would have, so I think there should be no criticism of Tommy. In fact, the fact that he sort of like didn't think about his family ahead of time makes you realize that tom was really in it for the fun. So I'm team Brady on this one. I don't know if Jeffrey Ross has anything to say about tom.
Speaker 2: I wish Jeffrey Ross good health. I know he was battling some health issues. He's the best at the game. But props to Tommy for putting himself after like that.
Speaker 1: I think it's great. So I agree with Rich everything. Rich said. Yeah cool, Rich, if you're contemplating your hairline receiding, I mean, this is a great hairline. You could see it on the Fox Sports Radio YouTube.
Speaker 10: Maybe you can seek it for hairline fresh right from John Cena. So, the wrestler turned actor personality whatever went into more detail about the hair transplant he had back in April. He said he decided to have the scalp surgery after fans were taunting him about his receiving hairline, and said he couldn't be happier with the new look, said it completely changed, quote changed the course of his life and said if there wasn't so much shame around that he would have gotten it ten years earlier. He says it's also led to more acting gigs, gigs and apparently his daily upkeeper team Rich takenotes includes red light therapy, monoxidyl vitamins, and special shampoo and conditioner. And he said he's not alone too, because there's about seventy eight out of ten men that suffer from thinning or baldness cutting Rich midweek or major.
Speaker 1: Look at this head of hair. If anyone's balding in the room. And you, buddy boy, what are you talking about? Rich?
Speaker 5: You don't have a receding hairline or thinning hair. Thank you, I was saying, But you know, fine, many many you guys for being a seventy year old man.
Speaker 1: Many many you guys do. And there's no shame in that. I think, John Cena, this is great because if I were I think I would go to Turkey to get this done. And John Cena, I did think it looked a little peculiar. And then no shame in bald guys. But when he was in the wrestling ring, and he did have a big bald spot. I mean, I couldn't see his hair. It was very evident. It was very evident. So I think it's a great, great thing. You know, even John Cena could get bullied. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Hey, look how many I agree with Rich I agree with John Cena. How many men out there struggle with this issue. It's drastic as dramatic women take and their look it's shame.
Speaker 1: And if you I mean, I know, I know you're saying, could be no saying. A lot of women they talk about all these things, whether it be botox, filler, surgeries, brass, you know, booty lifts, all this stuff is very open and talked about. When it comes to men, there should be no shame.
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 1: Have fun with it all? Right?
Speaker 10: So Shack is putting his faith in his team and America's team, the Dallas Cowboys for Week one of the NFL. He revealed on his podcast, The Big Podcast with Shack that the Cowboys will beat the Eagles in Week one of the NFL. And he's so confident that he's putting his I guess his outfit where his mouth is that if he loses, he'll get the dress that Charles Barkley wore in his iconic weight Watcher's commercial and wear it outside his Big Chick restaurant right on the Vegas Strip. He made a similar bet last year on The Rich Eiland Show, saying that he would wear a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader outfit if they didn't win against the Eagles last season, and Dallas went on to lose to the Eagles thirty three twenty seven. Never made good on that bet, so we'll see if he makes good on this bet. However, the Eagles are a seven point favorite heading into one of the NFL against the Cowboys, So Midweek or Major.
Speaker 1: I think either way it's a good thing because the Shak's gonna get promo for his restaurant or whatever he's doing. He's a good sport. People love Shack. Cowboys aren't gonna beat the Eagles Week one, but I do love Shack's enthusiasm and I love your Midweek Major. Thank you boy. As we go to Dan Byer for an update, d B what's doing?
Speaker 4: But speaking of the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones is not confident the linebacker Micah Parsons will be available for their season opener against the Egos making the comments as they sides continue to be in a stalemate over that contract negotiation. Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford received an epidural to deal with an aggravated disc that's according to the NFL Network. RAM still believe that Stafford will be ready for Week one of the regular season. Bronson coach Kevin Stefanski said should Or Sanders and Tyler Huntley will be the only quarterbacks available for their preseason game on Friday against Carolina. In Stefanski confirming that should Or Sanders will start in that contest. Steelers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he's not likely to play in their preseason opener against the Jaguars. Would do whatever head coach Mike Tomlin wants him to do. Moving on to baseball. By the way, Little League World Series right now, elimination game, Connecticut's up on New Jersey. They had an instant replay call top of the seventh inning to nothing. I didn't realize they had then instant replay in Little League Quinny. Other baseball notes, Gavin Williams broke I had a no hitter broken up by Juan Soto in the bottom of the ninth Guardians top the Mets today for one so just two out Shy was Williams, but still picks up the victory. Giants beat the Pirates four two, Orioles down the Phills five to one, Twins down the Tigers nine to four. We saw Covino's Yankees beat the Rangers three to two. Reds fell to the Cubs six to one. Blue Jays ro out of the Rockies twenty to one. While in progress. Right now, Marlins lead the Astros six to four and the sixth raised on top of the Angels five to four. In the ninth the Cardinals have taken a four to three lead on the Dodgers in the ninth inning show. Hey Otani started this game on the mound, struck out eight and four innings. Also hit home run number thirty nine on the season, a solo shot, and it was hit number one thousand for his career. Roman Anthony gets an eight year, one hundred and thirty million deal with the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 1: Rich back to you, Oh thank you, Dan Bayer, Hey Dan Micah Parsons landing spots? Is anything standing out to you or is it still one of those like you know.
Speaker 4: Who knows yeeh. I don't think he's going to be traded. I think he just won't play if he doesn't sign the contract and doesn't report. I don't think that they are going to trade him.
Speaker 1: Wow, very interesting. Thank you Dan Buyer for that great update. Hey, we're gonna talk some more NFL before we get out of here. Rashid Rice in the news and uh your thoughts on anything we talked about today, from Kittle and his smelling salts to no hitters, you name it, We'll discuss here on Cavino and rich More next on Fox Sports Radio. All right, doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio Covino and rich And. For over forty years, ti iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Tire Action Fast and free back by Free Road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tire installation. Ti Iraq the way tire buying should be. I'm on a plane. I'm gonna be on a plane to Vegas in like two hours. Get this. I'm taking my mother to Las Vegas for the first time.
Speaker 3: That's very cool.
Speaker 1: She's never been and she's gonna be seventy and she's visiting me here in Los Angeles. So I said, Mom, I'm changing your flight. She goes, where am I going, Richie, and I go, I'm gonna fly you straight to Vegas. I'm gonna meet you there and I'm gonna do She wants to see the Belagio fountains, and I'm taking her to see Penn and Teller. So it's a mother a mother's son weekend. And then she'll come see my kids out here.
Speaker 3: And you've taken an old cheetah to Cheetahs.
Speaker 1: Imagine that. Imagine my mom's like, Ritchie, I really would like to go to I heard a thunder down under. Send my mom there. Listen. While I'm in Vegas, I was looking Danny g that. I know there's a Rashi Rice story we're gonna get to. But I was looking at the Vegas odds for MVP. Is there like a long shot where you could think of a quarter back or a team where wow, it's not crazy to think blank could shock the world, Like, what's the long shot?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers at plus eight thousand? If the Steelers can remember NFL on Fox said the Steelers would be the sixth or fifth best team is it Aaron Rodgers, Like, what's the pick?
Speaker 3: Where's Jaden Daniels lying at? Because you know, obviously he was a rookie last season, but he played at an MVP type level, and I could see him avoiding the sophomore jinx because I think he's the real deal.
Speaker 1: He's about the fifth best, like the fifth highest odds at plus seven fifty Vegas has it as Lamar Jackson. I mean the ones we talk about Lamar, Josh Burrow and Mahomes and then right after them, Jaden Daniels is number five, and then Jalen Hurts Herbert. I'm just saying it's ridiculous, But I don't know if it's preposterous to say one hundred bucks on Aaron Rodgers eight thousand. What if Aaron Rodgers returns to form? What if Aaron Rodgers? I mean it's right now, it's not looking like no. I'm just I'm just saying, like the of the long shot standing because in that same category, is he's in the same odds as like Drake May, Trevor Lawrence, and Michael Pennox Jr.
Speaker 3: I feel like you've been counting on Aaron Rodgers to have a miraculous season for three straight years.
Speaker 1: Right. I don't know why. And I'm not a big Aaron Rodgers fan. There's just a part of me that feels like maybe I root for the forty year old guy. You know, we all hit forty and you start rooting for other guys your age, like I mean, because if he does well, it's a feeling they're like, you know, we're not that old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good transition because we have a story about a type of food you can't eat when you get into your forties. You shouldn't if you that if.
Speaker 1: You could eat what you wanted all the time, what's the food? If you could eat what you wanted all the time with no caloric ramifications, if calories, fat, grossness didn't matter, I would choose Taco Bell every day. I would have Gordon. I would have Gordida crunches and you know, steak burritos and you know chicken fahetas. I would have every Gordida crunch. The cheesey Cordeida crunch is the best. What else do I like? There? The chicken chiloupa with the spicy ranch. They have, the grilled burrito, the steak grilled so good. But Rashi Rice grilled.
Speaker 3: Cheese burrito, I should say very good.
Speaker 1: Now you get me hungry. Yeah, Chado cho Cinco said Rashi Rice. He's good for fifteen hundred yards this year and ten touddies because he posted that rashe Rice has been having McDonald's. It's his training camp diet, large fra and cheeseburgers every day. And you hear guys like Michael Phelps, Floyd Mayweather Junior. When you're conditioned and you are honestly doing some type of physical activity every waking hour training for a fight, training for the Olympics, these guys take in so many calories. I just feel like, if you had the option, what would you choose? That's what I'm thinking, Danny, what would be your fast food to go to if if if nothing mattered, nothing matter, Boddy, do you have do you have a go to? Like if if if you could eat whatever you wanted no repercussions, would you have in and out every day? Would you have Chick fil A every day? Probably? Pizza?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's a good answer. And when you chicken pizza and when you mean pizza, like the whole pizza like the whole, not like two slices, like.
Speaker 3: Extra cheese, like slob like spot your stomach would be the pizza table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the joey chestnut of pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, greasy, that's the best part.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, pizza eat like a slob. Football season's coming up, so you can hide it under your under your hoodie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and catch up on Hard Knocks. You didn't see it last night.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna download that for the flight. We'll see you guys in for Daan Patrick next week. Enjoy until next time, a Riven thereci baby, see you in the promise Land.
Speaker 3: Goodbye,