Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Here we go, America. I'll see you text Nation. It is the Rick Burgess Show and where um is running Here it comes from the technician. The Gump's ready. Montgomery, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Kaylin Daboor is ready with a rotate, Lawrence County Ready, Carbon Kentucky Ready, Gunnersville, Alabama, Pensilicola.
Speaker 3: Park Fire, glat you. Alabama's ready. Oh, everybody say birch, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Everybody, let's go.
Speaker 4: It out.
Speaker 1: North Augusta, I see you, Shores, bow Ass, Lawrence County. Uh, they're all ready to go as they keep real towns in there. Gregor's Colorado Springs, Titusville, Pennsylvania, ready to go. Uh, speedy Greg and Adler are here.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: We did not get to ken Osburn to help you. I'm sorry I was. We've got so much going on, Greg. No, it was on me. I should have been in here setting up that's my job, not Greg. I thought my job not straight to that. You ain't you take care of big brother? No, no, no, it was completely my fault. Yep, that's my fault. That's my job. And I got in there and looked and it was top of the hour, and I told Greg to that we were in the commercial break, to go ahead and stop the bad music. That's all I told him. Uh. For some reason, I thought a dry version of Osborne introducing y'all world was on bank one and two. I am incorrect.
Speaker 5: Uh so.
Speaker 1: No, so me, it all started. Let me ask this now, what I like for you to take the loop off? I would, right, but I did. And then when the commercials are over, I thought that you would have it all the way you like it, right. I don't know where did I not say? It was on me? You know what I'm saying. What I did is I as I made the mistake of asking someone who had one finger in the rectal and one in their mouth, and and as Dad would say, and I should not, and they were swapping. And what I should have said is that's my responsibility nobody touch it.
Speaker 6: You don't have to do all that. Yeah, it's watch this on the loop, hot down, loop walk away.
Speaker 1: I never knew. Do you know whose fault it is? It's mine, Yeah, because that's my responsibility. And here's an idea. What you let me tear it all went bad? Don't want it's got rid of. This is where it all went bad. Love love, Raise your hand if you love your wife in here, my hands right here, my hands up, there goes Gregs. I was making out with her right now. Well, my hand was up.
Speaker 7: You didn't say my hand was up.
Speaker 1: Baddler's hand is up. Yeah, everybody's hands up. No speedy. By the way, you must be a prophet, because uh, I was run a little behind today. Great note that. No, no, no, it wasn't anything like that. It was one of those things where very rarely do our wives wake up when we do. Okay, and and Cherry and I were, you know, we were snugly, snugly and uh and there was a moment where the clock went off and my wife I heard her beautiful little voice in the darkness saying, oh I wish you just lay here another minute. Let's just let's just snuggle and and and so uh and so yeah and so, so I snuggled for ten additional minutes. Listen, I'll tell you why, Graf, you let me finish, and so that now I'm running ten minutes behind. So then I hit here, of course we hold quart a minute. Yeah and uh, and I'm I got some we got box seats coming, so I'm helping. We're getting all that done. I'm talking to y'all. And then I go into my office and I'm yet to even look at email. So I'm trying to get some hay burgess and I'm watching the clock. And what I realized, Well, no big deal, it's I've got I've still got six minutes when it hits the top of the hour. If Greg would just help me and I got rid of the way, you have help that. See, I wasn't worrying about that because I knew he had to get his little stuff in order. I was just making sure there's no audio playing over the commercial. That's it. That's all I was asked to. Listen, I want to ask set up everything. Listen, let me ask you this is that how you see my job? So you talked down to my job and get a little stuff ready. No, it's important where you wanted to go next or all that. I'm whose fault it is. It's my fault. Greg, I've said that now five times. Well, you've run the segment and possibly the whole show. I will tell you this, someone who loves intros. That hurts me that that intro was that bad. Yeah. By the way, I was going to ask you that intro music. Does it hurt us? On the other stuff we were talking about with well over thinking about spoon and got caught looking hello, little snuggily Bumpkin. No, I just Adler and I have thought about that, and we love that intro so much. I think we're just waiting to be until somebody slaps us on the wrist. We're just gonna keep doing.
Speaker 7: It until somebody specifically says, hey.
Speaker 1: Guy, hey guys, we ought to be able to play ten of Time. No, no, no, it's different. That's the heart of the show and it's different. We drew attention to it, by the way.
Speaker 7: You know, I am covering that on YouTube, so I couldn't hear what you were hearing, and I thought you were just losing your mind, Like.
Speaker 8: What am I hearing?
Speaker 7: What am I hearing, I was like, oh no, Rick's losing his mind.
Speaker 1: But then, why did a baby brother take care of me?
Speaker 5: Why didn't baby brother take care of me?
Speaker 7: I feel better now, Actually, so it was all care about his fritters, all that cares about it.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what you've done. You've masterfully let the vox seats know that's your thing. Yeah, all right, there was somebody. I'm getting his fritter's ready. Oh we're on like a three week run. I know what I'm talking about. Thank you, fritter. Fritters are good, so real, heat it up a little bit so much.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'll take a fritter home to my kids. And it's so funny how quickly they will learn a word. And within ten ten minutes.
Speaker 1: As was going.
Speaker 7: Fitter, you didn't know what a fritter was two minutes ago, and now you're dropping the word like you're a baker.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what he thought? He thought, I need to learn this word.
Speaker 7: The things they care about?
Speaker 6: Yeah, see well I heard Sherry also said stay right here, stay right here. Rick, is that your baby brother's got you? He'll stop.
Speaker 1: Next time they realized I got I guess I'll get his chair just to where he and get everything ready for him, so he'll hit the lot him. Greg, I've got a bathroom request. You're not gonna lie. No, look over here's down and hit the loop and he'll got you. I said, Greg, you can go ahead and go over the weekend. Yeah, the quote over here thinking about Spooner and got caught looking that's right. Absolutely, what were you thinking about Fred saying that stuff? I got going on?
Speaker 6: Guys, let me say, nobody cares about commercials and all that this copy and disclaim. You come tell me that got to have them all cutting ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I did that, I said, I said, being proactive and and and like helping. He's got Glenn back right after the show.
Speaker 1: Look, so we went back come priority on.
Speaker 6: We had about an hour and I'm like, if there's production, you can get it done on the front end.
Speaker 1: I sent you into a tornado spin messing everything up.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I thought, if there's just one or two, you know, weekends, a copy, you can knock it out.
Speaker 1: And we ain't got that. After the show. We need to utilize that more so now that we have the capability, since we're on it for you, see what happens if you do. It's your busy spooning. You couldn't we couldn't cut in commercials. Let me come back to this anyway, you're gonna do this. Hold me right here, Greg works with you. Let me let me here with me. Let me go ahead and warn you this one right here, the bald wonder. There's I gotta do, and I'm looking forward to it about the book. The book stuff's all going out. I've done, I've already done two podcasts. I'm on with Glenn Back today, I'm on with Fine. Get on there and get past that spooning. Don't listen? So is that all day? So because let me work, Robert, they wanted me to come on and be interview, which we're thankful. Only four minutes after the live show ends, I've got to run into the office to do the Glenn Back interview. And this one right here is gonna worry death about that all day.
Speaker 6: I know, first of all, everybody, everybody, this ain't gonna be worrying. It's about being efficient. And this is Jay over here. You don't care about nothing. You can't get you don't care about it. He couldn't care about Glenn Back don't even know how to do. He doesn't even know how to listen to Glenn Back. He couldn't care less about it. All he cares about is this commercial and some disclaimer that's on the end. It's gonna make it too long.
Speaker 1: It's more important. By the way, y'all don't know this. Greg's off. Your job is to make sure all the commercials get recorded and get in the system. Can y'all imagine? Can you imagine we go through he'll start getting upset about somebody didn't do something right about three hours for your cut it And we're here to hope you proactive. Well, we're here to show so speedy, I got bad news for you. I'm snuggling. All he wants is a friend.
Speaker 6: And if you and and if I don't have Glenn Beck right, who you think I'm gonna hear about it from me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I wish maybe you could get him do it. Maybe during the last segment. I mean, you got it four minutes we should do, but be live on both shows. That would be bad. What would be back? Yeah? All right, so if you uh, we'll tell you all about that. We got a lot going on as usual. This has been a very active week. That's an updates.
Speaker 6: Fritters are coming, Greg, Greg, I bought some breakfast balls.
Speaker 1: If you want something, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is the Rick Burgess show?
Speaker 1: Well? Well, well, r V Nation, are you listening? If you like Adler, love to take that r V, and you like to take that family, and you love taking these road trips, I've got to introduce you to Harvest Host. Let me tell you something. If you if you own a rent and RV with a harvest Host membership, you get unlimited, no fee overnight RV stays at ninety five hundred locations across the US and Canada. All you got to do is just sign up for seventy nine dollars per year, book your favorite destinations and enjoy unique RV stays all year long. What a hassle it is to park your RV at some boring rest area. You can stop overnight if you have the harvest Host membership at amazing locations orchards, museums, farms, golf courses, drive in movie theaters and more. Added venture to your travels and discover new destinations. And of course you're going to be supporting unique businesses across the country too, which is really really cool. Harvest host makes trip planning so easy with their mapping tool. You can filter by attraction, tie a rig length you know that knows Hey, you don't need to go there, your your rigs too big for that. And also they'll show you all host locations that are on your route. All you have to do pick your destinations in book. Most hosts confirmed with you in five minutes and with over fifty thousand five star reviews, You're gonna love this journey between now. In May twenty seven, harvest host has an amazing Memorial Day offer. Head to harvesthost dot com use the code rick B RICKB for thirty percent off your harvest host membership. Once again, that's harvesthost dot com for thirty percent off by May twenty seven. Make sure you use the promo code RICKB so they know that I sent you. All Right, we're back, thanks for being with us today, America. All right, So we do have a lot to do on this show, a lot going on around the show. So let me kind of run down. See we can get all this for you, all right, So let's get this. Let's get this on here, programming notes. Everybody reading, So we've got the show today. We've got a lot to do here. We got hey birds, we got interacting with you, we got some great stories today. So here are the things that are coming the weekend. The weekend will be active. So today, as we've just talked about, I mean, as this live show ends, if you're a liver, I will be running into the office to be on with Glenn Beck. We'll be talking about men Don't Run in the rain. Thank you Glenn and his staff for offering that platform so that that will be happening today. So if you listen to Glenn, that's the radio show while it runs. Now, Glenn's like us, he's got live and archives, so you know that interview will be live today during this live version of his show and all of his affiliates. Then it'll be on all the archives and then they pull out stuff and weekend stuff, so it'll kind of have its life of its own, So if you're familiar with all that, I'll be on with Glenn today. So then a couple of podcasts I've done that could be dropping any day on the book tour is I did the Art of Manliness, which is a huge podcast, and it'll be coming out I think next week. I feel pretty good about that. But just watch us on social media. When we know they're out, we'll let you know. And then yesterday I had the honor of being on Man in the Arena and that was another great one, which is a huge podcast. So and they get theirs out pretty quick, so I don't think it'll be long before it's out too. And there's a lot of other things coming up, and we'll keep you posting on those Monday, and those of you that are Paul Finebaum fans, and that's by the millions, I will be. I think it looks like because he's going to be doing his show from Birmingham on the SEC Network and on all his radio affiliates. I think I'm going to be actually there on the set with Paul, who wrote a great, great endorsement of the book. He's already read the book. It was very kind of him to do that. I had somebody reach out to me and go, wait a minute. I thought, I thought your dad and Paul Finebaum and y'all all were at war. And I told them, I said, well, you know, have you ever watched pro wrestling? They all look like they're at war too. But then they all go have dinner together. I said, you know, remember some of this is has been and always has been in fun. Paul actually had tremendous respect for Dad. Now did Dad have the same respect for Paul? He did. He did like Paul better than other sports people. Oh, I'll say that. And he respected, you know what. He really liked about Paul because Dad was a reader. He always thought Paul was a really good writer, which he is. And so so anyway, I'll be on with Paul fine Baum, I believe four to thirty Central time, Yeah, on Monday on Monday, the five thirty Eastern on Monday, now next week.
Speaker 6: And the reason he's in town is the SEC Baseball tournam correct and a lot of folks and just to let me finish, gosh, he's not talking to me. He's telling Gregg is that a lot of people look at this week. I mean, they take off, they come it's just oh yeah, Hoover does a great job and it's just fun. They got different sessions throughout the day, games all the time, and a lot of folks look at this week is you know, sports wise is one of their favorite weeks. Just to go enjoy yourself and have a good time, especially if you like baseball, but also just you have put people there that don't follow baseball, but just you know, it's a good, great social event. Anybody's there hanging out, and Paul's doing his show there on location, and I think you on the set with him is going to be gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Here's what he's showing, Paul's endorsement of the book. This was very very kind. Paul and I had a very good conversation about the start of the Rick Burgess Show and the state of our industry, and then we all and then he said he would love to read the book book, and he did, and he has put out his endorsement of it. I appreciate him doing that. It's very kind of him do that. So tubers y'all can see that right there, and I put it out on social media.
Speaker 6: And behind the scenes, his his staff is really good and we share the same Coca Cola patio at Region's traditions. So this past Wednesday, at the end of the show when we were breaking down, his crew was coming in and it is a lot more folks. I was kind of about eighteen.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what I don't understand? Eighteen?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean just people that are pulling cable and all the way up to producers and all that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was a.
Speaker 7: We have is Gary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I will say this. Listening to the archive, the equipment once we got it dilled in, actually sounded really good. Yeah, the archives sounded a great time. Great job on that, and and thanks for helping us getting dialed in on that. So the other thing was that what what was odd? Because Paul was there Wednesday right that I saw him after the live show. Okay, here's what I didn't understand. So I'm they start trying to get me on the show yesterday, and we did, and I had other things that I'll tell you about ye today, and I said I can't be on such a short notice. We told their producers. So then I just text Paul and said, hey, man, just so he knew, I'm sorry, it was just such last minute, I can't be on today. We're trying to reschedule for Monday. He said, oh good, because I'll be in Birmingham then and you can just be on with me. It actually works that better. And oh, by the way, because I just landed back in Birmingham and I'm like, did he leave Wednesday, have to fly back to Charlotte, then fly back to Birmingham in twenty four hours. That I thought that was I thought he was kind of here to stay. He would do the golf tournament and why doesn't he live here again? Not yet, but he purchased property because I did a article on it. He will be here, yeah, he said he's going to continue to do the show for Charlotte. I think for a little bit longer, but yes, he is moving back here. And so we got that. And I think what we're seeing is the release of the book, especially since it's about Dad, it's got such a broader reach and it's starting to develop a life of its own, which is very exciting. It's also going to bring people back to the show because now there's people that are getting the book, and I'm starting to see some of that that aren't familiar with the show, but now the book's going to bring them to the show. So it's all kind of churning. Same way with the new podcast, very similar, Strange Encounters is now having a more broader reach, and you know, people are a pulling through Blaze TV and all that are being pulled to that and episode two of that. If you're a Blaze subscriber, you get that tonight. If you're not, it's available wherever you get podcasts tomorrow, Adam Am I right on that, correct me. Hey, would you think about that episode? It's fantastic, Adlaer, I mean I was looking at you. You were like, Wow, that was you as a producer of that. You seem to be I mean that. I think our first episode kind of laid the groundwork. But boy, we jumped right into the battle, didn't we.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. You guys have talked about him a bunch on the show, and the story that he has to tell is about spiritual warfare is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes, amazing. Yeah, you're gonna hear somebody who didn't just talk about spiritual warfare actually experienced it and was right on the front lines. And he tells his story this weekend on Strange Encounters, So be sure you get that where we get podcasts. So we have a we got a lot going on here. I mean, we got a lot going on and uh and we are enjoying every many of it. It's really everything with this is really starting, this new endeavor really starting to turn. Y'all have been so encouraging everybody here on the team. There is no team better than you three. It's an honor to be with you guys and just having a blast. And you know what, there's so much going on, but you guys make it run smooth. Except for Greg when I asked him to help me with an introule this one. But other than that, spooner some things to do. I will share in a few moments. Uh, you know. And I talked about it months ago and still finally dealt with it yesterday because of my youngest son that's here on earth with me. I have five, four still with me. Uh, and the youngest of those four, number four out of the five, young Broderick is you know, we have so many Burgess birthdays in May. It's loaded loaded and uh, here are there you are? Uh, and we've got so we've got Brodie's birthday. And he's tried to get me to explain this. He goesaid, why do you say that of all the kids that I was born on a strange day? Why do you keep saying that? I said, I don't know why something about May twenty third, I just can't lock on. You don't stay away. I'm about twenty third, three, I guess to make you goes at twenty fourth. Well, he says, I keep confusing his birthday with our dad's birthday because I keep I keep thinking he was born on the twenty first, And he said, I think Pop was January twenty first, Dad, But now I thought, no, Pop's January twenty sixth an't he something like I say, we don't know. I don't even remember Taylor's birthday. Don't look at him right for a while, my daughters, I would, I couldn't remember if it was June twentieth or twenty fifth. Okay, so for year. So I'm not alone in this, so I keep and then you also have I didn't. This was odd of all of our kids. All of our kids are are loud there up front, they'll take the mic, they'll step on to the stage, they'll do it. Not this one. This one wants to be behind the camera, out of the line. And we didn't know this about him. So you know, Burgess says, we're big birthday people, so we do extravagant birthdays. And we didn't find out n till he finally got old enough. I guess where he thought he could he could say something to his parents. He didn't like all that, and I remember him talking to mom and he was miserable and he was like, Mom, I don't I don't like all these extravagant birthdays. And she said, what do you mean? He says, I just felt like it's just overwhelming to me. You've got all these kids running around, all this stuff, and I'm like yeah, and and so so. Anyway, so when he comes to birthdays, he's not he's kind of You got to watch him. Well. He had an iPhone that he would not upgrade for any reasons. He got a little bit of speed in. I get it on that though I hate what comes with upgrade. I do too, But Greg, I can't get the stuff to go over. What's it? What's your Yahoo? Went? God? Yeah, adress? What's there? Ya? It's not Yahoo? But Yahoo? Yeah? Something that felt good. Even so, the only reason I ever swap phones because it broke. Think of the iron of this, right, well, that's what happened here. Think of the iron of this Adler based on which what you do for living and what he does for living is similar. Imagine Imagine the irony of this that's stupent Yahoo. Imagine the iriy of this. Here is a guy who has a company that does video production editing all that his iPhone was so broken. The camera wouldn't even work in it. I mean it's all broken. I mean you could hurt, you could cut your fingers on it. It's got so many broad When they when he presented it to the Apple people yesterday, we said, let us do this. This will be your birthday present from us. Okay. The guy looked at it and just kind of handed it back and said, I can't even take this on a trade end. Oh wow, this is so old. When he said it, it didn't even have a number tied to it. It was se Apple se. The guy like, look, he was so young. He was like, I don't even remember that we ever made this phone a model everything. Uh so, yes, what you loved. I was so dreading, we know, and my phone was getting where it wouldn't hold a charge some some days the text wouldn't work, you know, they would just freeze. Yeah, this is Greg, you taught me. This, This is how they get you. They got you. Even when you say I'll keep this phone for the rest of my life, you know what Apple says, No, you know you will not. You will not. We will ruin that phone. We'll give you enough problems you'll you'll address it. And then Sherry got to where hers like she couldn't even get emailed to load and things would freeze up. We both had really we were like Eleven's I think the last time we updated. And so finally we just trudged on in. What a terrible feeling. First of all, can once you get in and you can't get out? First of all, can I tell the Apple people this, I'm a big logo guy, love marketing. You have a white building with a white apple on it. We can't even see what the building is rick, that's called white on what? Yeah? I mean, but you can't even tell you look and go where's that apple?
Speaker 3: Thing?
Speaker 1: You couldn't find that? Could y'all not make the apple a little more? I'm gonna we can look at that? How do you even see that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean everybody knows it looks like that.
Speaker 7: Well, it's silver on it's white on silver.
Speaker 1: Apparently my family didn't know where it was.
Speaker 10: Red.
Speaker 1: If you're going to use it, it's got to be red. I'd go with black. I mean red red red would be great red red red white Apple on black red delicious. That'd be fine. I like black and white, that'd be fine. Okay, buddy, I'm I'm not going to live my life. But and then that way the color blind people can still find it. Yes, but but my family, my family rode around the parking. They couldn't find the store. But yeah, you guys find the store. I found it. I knew where it was, but they didn't, apparently, And a young broadwck at like he never even knew Apple existed. Well according to his phone, probably not. He probably never been there.
Speaker 7: Well, y'all know Apple bricks. They bricked their old phones. That's the term for a slowing down on the older phone. Oh yeah, they purposefully do it. What you call so you have to upgrade. They're bricking it, bricking it. Yeah, they turn it into a brick bridge.
Speaker 6: And my dad still has an eight an eight eight because it has the home button. Mom, they had, Yeah, the little click because of him not being able to function and see it, and that click knows he's home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he can talk to serious absolutely, So that one hasn't bricked yet, is it.
Speaker 6: You know, he has to keep it plugged in most of the time, right, Yeah, and some of the updates, it's like, hey, your phone can't be updated because it's not you know.
Speaker 1: And then you go in there you haven't ten years old. Yeah, and they got you because of course and Greg just I could hear you in that in there. Well, you know the chargers that we have right now, those aren't gonna work. They change them. Yeah, they changed the charger too, so I got to and they're not gonna give you the little block. You got to go buy it where you can go to the USB or whatever. But yeah, but you got to get a new block. Something thirty nine dollars for a charging cord. Yep, a cord thirty nine dollars.
Speaker 7: You need to go to Amazon for that. I mean, my goodness, it was of course they know that you need it now, that's how they get you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you gonna leave and go, well, one day I'll get a charge on my phone will be dead and I'm waiting on Amazon to ship it to me. But I saved money. That's how they listen. That's a huge they revenue. They that's where they make their mind talk about you all talking about money, which wrong.
Speaker 7: The little dongle, the little dongle, which is not.
Speaker 1: A bad word out show little dongle when they have to.
Speaker 7: Go from like the uh you know, the different side. And it was for the headphone port, yeah, you know, the headphone jack or whatever. When they first introduced that, that was one of the largest revenue sources for Apple, that tiny little thing that charge I think like fifteen bucks for it, probably ten cents to make, maybe less in China.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how many of you are subscribers to Blaze TV right now? Well, if you are, then you're good. You can go do whatever you need to do. If you're not a subscriber to Blaze TV, I want you to listen to me. Now. I get it. You might have been all thinking about Blaze TV and then ay Trump one, he's back. Second term. Things are going great, Conservatives are winning. If you think the left is just going to lay down, if you think the media, the mainstream media, legacy media, whatever they call it, is just going to lay down, Oh we're going to go back to journalism. Now, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Blaze TV is more valuable right now than ever because you need to stay informed because this is going to be This fight will never be over. So if you if you want investigative journalism, if you want bold commentary, if you want documentaries, it's shed light into the Deep State. If you're looking for that, then Blaze TV is there for you. Hey, our new podcast Strange Encounters, that's a Blaze TV production. Okay, an hour of the show every day is right there on Blaze. But you also get all the other great commentary, You get all the great line up there, and it's and you got it available to you on your own device, on your time. So, if you'd like to save some money on being a subscriber, and it's not very expensive, but let's let's go ahead and give you some a discount. How about twenty dollars off an annual plan. If you go to BlazeTV dot com slash Rick riic K, you'll save twenty bucks. Blaze TV now more than ever, Unfiltered, unafraid and on demand. Greg, where are you on Country Icon? George Straight? I know we're leaving your your area of expertise. I I don't like him, you don't like him? Can you just say I'm not into here, but you don't like him? Well, yeah, let me rephrase that. I'm not a fan of his music and his whole he's huge. I mean, he's one of the biggest stars in the history of that. But doesn't he have some like nickname, like he's the King of the Truberto. I just it's just a little slow for me. And you know, one of them when concert, he looks like a statue. Okay, gets a ticket for loading on stage. Okay, So this emotional moment here is not going to touch Greg too much. Gracious, but I'm sure. And he was in that one movie terrible actor. Okay, just say that movie. Terrible music, terrible actor. What was that?
Speaker 11: What was that?
Speaker 1: Why'd you ask him for this? I'm just saying for this response, maybe terrible it's a little strong. No, Well, I don't you call it?
Speaker 6: Can you, even though you apparently don't like him, can you give him his due and say he is a legend though, Oh.
Speaker 1: He's as big as they get. No, just because somebody's big doesn't mean you have to like him huge. I would not listen to George Strait music either. That's not my thing. So you don't like the Burgess Brothers not, we don't like George Stretch's music.
Speaker 7: There it is.
Speaker 1: We said it. We like him, we respect his legendary status. See all my exes live in Texas? Was that one of his? I don't know that.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because great, then I would have to listen to the music. It just seems like instead of saying it's not my favorite, I'm not really into that. Yes he is on, but it's like you know, with somebody.
Speaker 1: But what does it mean when you say it's not my favorite? Didn't I mean you don't like it?
Speaker 6: Because I think if something was on you wouldn't like start spitting your love with me.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I don't even know what you mean. I'm not saying that he's not a good, good singer, a good musician. I ain't one of the popular are good. I'm sure he's extremely.
Speaker 6: It'd be like somebody says, I just I fall asleep when he starts. It's just like somebody say, it is actually man and mad at you.
Speaker 7: Now write this down, write this down.
Speaker 1: We don't know. We don't know the catalog at all. No, I don't like any of because we didn't listen to it. And Marilla by morning now that's by morning now that one, I know, but what you could say, you might as well be talking you when someone comes to you. I mean, there's legends out there right now, speedy in maraachi music, Mariachi I'm sorry, mariachi music, I mean Mexican mariachi music, legendary entertainers. Do you listen to that we're going that's a little extreme, but okay.
Speaker 7: I listened to to Hana of course, almost once a like, at least once a week. When you eat Mexican food, Tejano music is awesome.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, when the little band comes to your table at the restaurant. You're not at a concert.
Speaker 7: No, I listened to Tejano music in my in my van riding around.
Speaker 1: Wow, eating nachos at a restaurant makes me know, I don't.
Speaker 7: It makes me feel like I'm back in San Antonio. I enjoy listening to music.
Speaker 1: You would have thought that he lived in San Antonio his whole life and his kids exactly the way he talks about sanator.
Speaker 7: His first grade or ninth grade. Those are pretty important years.
Speaker 1: Their formative years.
Speaker 6: But I've noticed something about y'all when it comes to music. Y'all can just not dislike something and go, that's not my favorite. I don't pay attention to y'all. Just actually, yeah, I hate him.
Speaker 1: I don't like him. I didn't say hate, he did. No one said hate. No, wait I did, but I had to read yeah, okay, but hey don't like it?
Speaker 7: Yes or no? Yes?
Speaker 1: There's not one song, not one. If you my ticket and drove me to the concert and gave me half a case, I wouldn't take it. No, but go what would you try to find a deal to keep the affocate?
Speaker 7: I crossed my heart.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movie Pure Country?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Please watch it?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you can't watch it speeding because you have second It isn't horrible, but there's tough. So you hate gospel music and George True I don't hate gospel gospel too. Who said it? I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what we were talking about, that American idol kid, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, it's not my face. I just don't listen to a lot.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: He didn't like, but I do like the old school when you san Antonio by Monna like Pat Barker singing, Oh he always does this. Greg like he has people he gives a pass on for some reason. He's the local guys, a guy we went to going to school, get with. He his family ran at the local funeral home. And Greg gloves no.
Speaker 7: Speaking the country music.
Speaker 1: But because daddy was the worship leader. Matter yes, right's right, and a little every now and then would go help Toby just and he gave us the speech inspirational speech at the state championship game. Big Roy, you want to comment on that, Yeah, I love Droy and anyway. But Pat hey Man, he's one of the true bass singers. He's got I forget the name of the little group. Oh don't never get great started on Pat Barker. Oh he's good, but he doesn't really like any other George No, George straight. I'm just not going I'm not interested at all. I'm not I don't dislike him. I'm not saying he's not talented, none of that. He's no Roley Green No, not even clothes. Oh great, great.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 7: By the way, Jamie Johnson got me yesterday. I was sitting in the van, I listened to in Color and you got me, You got mine.
Speaker 1: Goodness got me again And told you the George State Straight story.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess show. He has known Greg Burgess for his entire life. Upset Rick Burges.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Greg from text Nation. Uh, Greg has trash George Strait. He's upset all those fans. He's trash gospel music. He's upset those fans and then those gospel music.
Speaker 6: And you did though, and then why I just said, I don't listen to a lot of You said you didn't like and then I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 1: The texture says Greg. Won't you go ahead and just see if we can go for the three for the trifecta. I want to trash neck saving before we're done today. Yeah, a little overrat ready as dele Earnhart to go, I don't even go there. Hey, some things you can't kid about. Okay, let's look at sell my house. If somebody does hope me like George Straight, that's true. I like him. I loved him. Sell my house fast or remove your brother fast, go to Have you got a house that you don't know what to do with. Maybe you inherited it, maybe you got to fix it up, or you meant to do you never got around to it, you bought some land, the old house on it, whatever the case may be. Sell my house fast, can help you. Twenty five years. They've been doing this, good people selling new houses, old houses, abandoned houses, all types of houses. And they do this at a fair price and they close fast. You won't even deal with a real estate agent. Okay. They'll do all the clean it up, all stuff off, any kind of repairs that need to be done, they'll do all that. They're gonna give you cash and you can quit worrying about this house. Okay. Call one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero form one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero form or get all the information in that phone number I just gave you by going to Rick Burgess show dot com and look under sponsors. Can I try the story? Yeah, go ahead, someboun the text nation. You never have to question his lyrics. I'm looking at Amarillo by morning. Who's this girlfriend? Lost my wife and girlfriend somewhere along the way. Do you have something on the side? Okay, but anyways, so let's let's look. Here's the story. I don't like it, sorry, got it? Got it? Greg?
Speaker 3: I like it?
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 1: I want some more of it, and the majority of these people, including Adler, are pretending to like it because they somehow makes him be you know sharp, I'm trying to be this is this is when you do. He does his thing. No, if he's not into it, he claims you're fake. Yeah, when it lies to somebody, he goes, he's not real. What's that got to do with George Stroue. He likes it and you're trying to act like he's faking like it. He is because it makes him a more serious musician. I don't want to. I don't want to build a Burgess nation and go against all who opposes. But in this particular moment with these types of artists, baby brother is correct. That's there. I'm not saying you're that way. Greg did, but I'm but I didn't. There There are people who will just throw out like your Dylan's you, George Strait, and they'll claim to like them just because they think that makes them sound, you know, more deep. And I'm all into the trouber Door and all that, but here, if I could get to the story and I know it's not going to impact Greg George.
Speaker 7: It's all of that's very accusatory, and that is y'all need to start saying allegedly before and after every sentence. When y'all excuse me of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I know you like to fit in in the music group, so I think you're supceptial this kind of thing.
Speaker 7: I listen to all three of those bands by myself when no one's around, nobody's looking, and I'm sitting in my car by myself, and I'm tapping my toe, my tiny little toe.
Speaker 1: Make fun of that, Greg, Yeah, how much percentage of your life you listen to George Strait?
Speaker 7: I mean, not a percentage of my life, but I'll turn it on every once in a while. I like that old nineties country. It makes me feel like I'm a kid man. It's just it makes me feel good. Please please me.
Speaker 1: If you didn't come from that, listen. If you're going to defend George, you say san Antonio to the textures. If y'all going to defend him, at least learn how to spell his last name. Thank you, Greg Well said buddy, I'm done, all right, the king of country music, which Greg agrees with that he's an ikon huge by the way, super wealthy, super super of course, and he earned it. Yeah, because he writes songs, not just performs them, and people love him. I ain't want of them. But there's a lot of Greg we got.
Speaker 7: We know that part.
Speaker 1: You say something, you don't have to say that. At a performance in Philadelphia last week, George Strait performed his song from twenty eleven, Greg, not one of your favorites, I'll always remember you? Is that one of yours? Adler don't know that's my favorite? Is speedy acting like he has some dude. No, I just don't hate.
Speaker 7: No, I just don't hate.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 7: You're normal like me and you.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I'm in love with his music. That's it. Well, there's a post where he went into a speech letting everybody know in that song that he was now singing it to his fans because he's about to retire. I thought he retired a few years We go grag. You wouldn't believe he brought him on stage, of course, so we were running for it. We were really kidding about that though, that you been serious. I really thought he retired a few years ago. I did, But these fans now say he's singing this song. I'll always remember you to them and it and it caused an emotional moment at a concert in Philadelphia, and now it's been put on social media and George Straight friends fans are all watching him sing this, give this little speech in the middle of it. Inner squally, he's squaling when I heard the song.
Speaker 7: He did a Cowboy Rides Away tour. It concluded in twenty fourteen. That was supposed to be his last thing.
Speaker 1: So does he kiss Ozzie? He's retired a bunch of two.
Speaker 6: Look at you draft him with just a little Well there's you know, do y'all like any because you know one criticism of the new countries, y'all don't like it.
Speaker 1: So that's Greg and I like outlaw country in the country genre. Your outlaw country is where we are. Like Greg would love Merle Haggard more than he would George Straight. Yeah, sure, whaling didn't speak did didn't mean to speak for you, But that's that seems accurate in my opinion. Yeah, George is a little little glossy. We're David Allen, Cole, Jimmie Johnson, Cole.
Speaker 7: It's not cold cold nothing even his name, But I said Cole, I just wish Greg would carry his love with me?
Speaker 1: Is what? That may be the worst one.
Speaker 7: That's a sweet song.
Speaker 1: I wish you had a heart that Listen. You can't sit there and be a fan of Lamb of God and George Stow. That's not possible.
Speaker 7: I am which I don't know how that exists.
Speaker 1: We can get his grandkids, let's into it. That's how we get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's how we do get leaded play one for him and they all dancing around. He's rick so this story, let me get back to this.
Speaker 7: His heart is going to grow like the green.
Speaker 1: He put a speech and then saying some lyrics and everybody's squalling. Is that is that what happened? Yes? Greg, but again you know what I do. I'm at the concert. Don't don't get crying about it. He's been saying every ten years.
Speaker 7: That is that is a little excessive.
Speaker 1: That what you run? Everybody's yeah, I go, he ain't retiring, He'll be back. He's he's tried this before, right also to crew, believe it or not. And I think that Smoky Smokey Robinson, Greg, do you want to trash Smoky in the miracles smoking? I like them Smokey Robinson at eighty five years old, has been accused of sexual assault at eighty five. This is terrible and I'm horrible allegedly allegedly, but eighty five, it's pretty impressive. You don't say that, Greg. As a matter of fact, his defense team, their whole defense is he's eighty five, right, This is not this has come on. That's what I'm what he gets Philly or what. There's no details, but he's being a one of these from years ago. You know a lot of times I'll go with thirty years ago that, especially with celebrities, that happens a lot. Fifty million dollar lawsuit. He is wo wow, it was brought to you by Okay, but he is saying it's.
Speaker 5: All This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: On today's edition, Greg has turned the show upside down by declaring he doesn't like George Strait never has hates it. Uh and and that's another thing. Yeah, and I'm not this doesn't especially in country music. But George has never written one song. No, they said, actually he did later in his never one in his crier. Because that's where I was mistaken, because I don't listen to George straight either, So I was don't mean that you got to. But I was looking up stuff on him on how he created incredible wealth, and it said that he did write songs, but he didn't start writing them till well into his career. But he did write songs, it was just later the some of the songs you all were talking about though he's best known for. Yes, he did not write, but they said well into his career he actually started writing songs too. I didn't say you had to, yeah, but no, writing songs is good. And and this is a genre of music that again, you know, Greg and I, both of us have never really been drawn to, but if we are drawn to it, I was. I was more talking to the style of like I tell you like. I mentioned this on shows back, like I found myself more interested in country music at sixty than say I did at twenty. Oh yeah, and that's appreciate. I think that's just aging George Jones fan either. Somebody just asked that not really. I like KNK Williams Senior. I like some of Hank Williams Junior, Yeah, but not the entire catalog. I do like David Allen and Cole. Even though they were saying I was saying his name wrong, and the few songs that I've heard from him, that style. You know, of course the ride, everybody knew that, but and you know it. You don't. You don't say my name or call me by my name anymore. And some of the story, yeah, some of that, but there's a you know, I normally some of the newer artists, some of them are going back. So I like that. I told you if if I'm getting his name right, something in the Orange is that Zach Bryan his name for that that style of country music I really really like and uh and he's a great songwriter. And somebody said he's already sold his catalog. I saw an article for a three hundred and fifty million dollars a little quick. Well, he seems a little young. I mean, I'm good for him, but I mean it seems like that.
Speaker 7: Was a little he's twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the post style wise, And I think Luke Combs. I like some of his stuff. He's good that. I love Zach Brown, always have, Chris Stapleton. I like Jelly Row. I think Jelly I like Jelly Row. A little tired of him now. Plenty of airplay.
Speaker 6: Part of those for those that are George Strait fans. I did punish Greg and the break I found. I was just looking through George Strait's catalog and on his fifty number one album he has I hate everything. There you go, Greg is and I'm like, with Greg, this is you, buddy.
Speaker 1: You do mean?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 1: I hate everything? You found a song that you surely you like that? Yeah? He even was giggling. He's like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 11: Song sounds like every every other Oh wow, okaything, no move agree, that is a song for you. I hate every you were I see this shirt now and I always think we should have done this with Greg. You know, Greg, you've seen these shirts like I like coffee and maybe four other people you know those kind of shirt. To me, Greg's lived that long before those shirts ever came.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Greg, honestly, I've run the list with you. You don't like a lot of things. No, it's not a big list, Greg. I'm sorry. We need and that's okay?
Speaker 6: You be you, Yeah, yeah, you need. We need something like I like peanuts, chicken and fritters, hate everything else.
Speaker 1: That's it. Did you see him a minute ago? Our dad used to do that same movie. Did a minute ago? When he started out, he was a little bit cautious about not liking George Strait, and then he felt pressured. See the more y'all push on the text and the more you try to be it, only this will galvanize him. And did you see when he did that looks and I don't like it? I mean that that was uh, that was straight from dad. But we had Riley Green and Jamie Johnson together on the show the other day representing the country music. What about that? What I'm just saying, everybody, it's like that Greg don't like No, you know, I like their music, but I just don't like George strou If.
Speaker 6: We're just being transparent, I had never really listened to Jamie Johnson to I was just I was going.
Speaker 1: With you guys. Y'all were all excited, y'allre hyped, and I was like, huh.
Speaker 6: And then Greg and I were talking about his music and he started throwing out songs I'm like, I don't throw And then I started listening to him and I was like, oh, no, I do remember that. I just didn't put it with Jamie. Oh this this is the one in his new song that you told me about that one if it's new, but was.
Speaker 1: That crazy new? It's it's those of us that are my age. We think things are new and then we realize it's been out for like almost two years. Yeah, Zach Brown with him Zack Brown and him in this up and coming guitar player on there. That is phenomenal name. But it's called Stubborn Pride in the King in it. I didn't know that, Na, Marcus King. The last minute maybe and minute and a half is just what guitar solo. It is all it is.
Speaker 7: I can't believe I don't know that song becauld you even you even mentioned on the air, Stubborn Pride. I forgot to go.
Speaker 1: Listen to it on the way in. Why don't why don't you maybe the windows down? Why don't you Why don't you add that to your George Straight hit list?
Speaker 7: I'm adding that to my playlist called slapping country. That's so, it's country music that slaps.
Speaker 1: So when I got here today, you guys were talking about a Soviet era spacecraft. Yeah it was this. It was a headline. How about that has crashed back to earth after fifty three years? This is your area, Addler, Yes, Adler, this is your you have to handle this part.
Speaker 7: Okay, I didn't know about it. I'll look it up, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's saved. It said that that it plunged Earth on Saturday. I guess this past Saturday, a half century after it failed to launch to Venus. So it tried to get to Venus, never got there, and I guess it has it taken this long for it to fall back to Earth. Well, it was around your anus and then it came back. Gore, we go, there we go. It fell back to Earth. It says it's not immediately know where the spacecraft came in or how much if any of the half ton spacecraft survived the fiery descent from orbit. That's how long it took to get They say it actually is ahead of time, and said that they thought it might have come in a little bit later. They said it was built to withstand a landing on Venus. Of course, that's the Solar System's hottest planet. Everybody knows that. Everybody knows that. So they launched it in seventy two, and.
Speaker 7: It's orbit decayed over time, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. So it was just up there orbiting, and then I guess over time, over time that turns you loose.
Speaker 7: And closer and closer and closer.
Speaker 1: Wow, nothing in here that it says it hurt anybody or anything like that. They don't know the details, so they're looking and speedy, said Toby said, nothing to be concerned about itbe said it were good. Yeah, it's just the fact it's been up there for so long and just and now it's back. No, that's a big one, fifty years in orbit, they said it. Chances of anyone getting clobbered by the debris are really, really low. They used the word exceedingly low. Okay, well say that mean it's gonna land around on the top of my house. You might deserve it after this, George, excuse me having an opinion.
Speaker 7: It's already re entered the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're good, that's in.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I do find it odd, so check yes or no to that, Greg, right. But I do find it odd that anybody like I know, I guess there are things. If somebody doesn't like something that I like, I kind of go wow, okay, but I've never really understood something. You do realize that people have different tastes, in different opinions on things. Some things people like, some things they don't, And I'm okay, some of you are wrong and I'm right right, but I'm okay with that. But what I do get annoyed with, and we've all been around these people that if they think that if they like it and you don't, somehow that that is some sort of mark on you because you should like it because they like it, which is weird. Y'all do that to me? Yeah, do you feel that?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like if somebody says that was always my problem with soccer, you know, as I couldn't. I could just say that it was just not my thing. Yeah, we go. Then it became, well, you not liking soccer is some indictment on you. You haven't. You have a very good person. You haven't evolved like the rest of us and embraced this beautiful game. But what if I have looked at it and I just don't like it now obviously, and that's what made it weird. Like I said many times, there was some sort of brain brainwashing we were trying to do on soccer that was just weird.
Speaker 7: Now, can you cannot like soccer? Can I like soccer?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to like it as long as you don't think that it is the best choice.
Speaker 7: But now you're controlling my thinking.
Speaker 1: No, the best choice for others, not you. I don't.
Speaker 7: I can like it the best.
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 7: I don't like it the best.
Speaker 1: But ok yes, you can like it. I'm just other paper making yourself say that. No, that's that's okay with me. I don't. That's not my thing. Yeah, but but that's okay. What I'm what I stand against is often misunderstood was the brainwashing and the attempt to say that America was moving forward by embracing this beautiful game, sure, which that wasn't true. If we want to say, hey, we don't play much of this, now we do, maybe you would like it too, And it's good for non athletic people to have something to do, and and and so it's good, right, it was good up to that for you. I love I love the like the guy called the other day, Well, the rest of the world plays it. I'll tell you why it's cheap it is. And what else are they gonna play cricket? Well, try you ever, try to get all the equipment for American football in a third world country, right, or baseball? It's not that easy.
Speaker 7: Soccer. You need a ball of rags, even they I mean, I'm not trying to be funny. That's why it's still popata.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you saw me do this. You saw this first hand. I would go off to Nicaragua and go buy thirty soccer balls ship on the plane and go use it. If you don't, why, because it's simple. Yes, we'll be okay. That one year ago, yesterday, Joe Biden and all of us knew he was in a mental decline. For some reason, the left just just started pretending that it wasn't true. He challenged Trump to two debates. Do you remember this, not one but two? Oh yeah, and we all know how that called him out. We all know how that went. But here's that moment. One year ago.
Speaker 15: Donald Trump lost two debates to me in twenty twenty. It since that he hadn't shown up for debate. Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Will make my day, pal, I'll even do it twice. So let's pick the dates. Donald, I hear you're free on Wednesdays?
Speaker 1: Was that his fake movie set that they called the White House?
Speaker 7: And don't forget it was the justice system being weaponized against Trump. That's why he was free on Wednesdays. He was stuck in cord all that. Yeah, I can't believe that was only a year year ago, so long ago, one year.
Speaker 1: So so long ago. Thank goodness, it feels long ago. He said it so well. I saw some emails going back and forth that it's looking like there's a chance we may have Scott Jennings on the show. I'm excited about. He's got a book coming out and he's gonna we may get to interview him. Where here he is stirring. He is just dropping a bomb on the Democrats for trying to act like that. Biden was not in mental decline.
Speaker 4: Here is.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, here's frozen, okay.
Speaker 13: And this problem it was it wasn't just a sception about a campaign. The man was the sitting president of the United States. There's more at stake here than just politics. There's in the moment decision making. Was the country at risk? Who was making decisions on behalf of the country because obviously the president was impaired, and there were people who knew it, they were people those same people were lying about it publicly. And now the real question is who was making decisions behind the scenes.
Speaker 7: You can't.
Speaker 5: I just move past it. Why did that happened?
Speaker 7: And you can't thank you?
Speaker 1: Who's the kind of cowboy hat?
Speaker 7: Good question?
Speaker 1: He did take you to Troy and he gulped right into his microphone. I'm glad to hear that we're not the only show that does.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 1: I don't even know who that guy was. Now, Greg, I know it's been we're real music heavy to day. Hey, burd a Burg has got some music questions and ain't saying nothing. Now, those of you out there, I know when it comes to entertainers, we give passes. We all do. Here comes Springsteen's gonna wine a little bit about Trump. Oh, Bruce, Bruce, come on now, Bruce. We don't need this now. This is didn't kid Rock respond to this on Fox News? He dogged him, did he? Yeah? So here is here and everybody, let's let's get rid of this a concert, yes now in this setting, just saying right, that's what I'm just about. I think everybody's there. Can you tell? Can you sing Rosala to? And that's one thing I do like about George Straight is not political. Well there you go, gregular, But.
Speaker 6: Didn't didn't everybody just come to get away from all that and just and be entertained. And now you're going to whole court.
Speaker 1: Right, well, yes, but but here it goes.
Speaker 6: That won't about down to their idea, logical demands.
Speaker 10: They're removing residents off American streets and without due process of law?
Speaker 7: Are you guarding them to foreign.
Speaker 16: Detention centers and prisons?
Speaker 1: This is all happening.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: He goes on and on splattering of did you hear the splattering?
Speaker 1: I was he did not, because what he's missing, You know how you don't know the room. You're tone deaf, uh, Bruce. A lot of your audience they went with Trump, and they're glad that illegal people are being sent back. And they're they're not doing this with that due process. That's an exaggeration. And and Bruce, yes, again, Bruce has no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 7: Watch how much he speaks.
Speaker 1: He says, he's quoting the view and his world. He hasn't taken the time to really research that. He has no idea at all.
Speaker 7: He's gonna spit a bunch when he says the word fail. And I think the front row catches some.
Speaker 1: Of them prisons.
Speaker 7: This is all happening now here.
Speaker 17: It is right here.
Speaker 7: He's gonna spit.
Speaker 6: The majority of our elected representatives have failed, Oh wow, to protect.
Speaker 2: The American people from the abuses of an unfit president.
Speaker 1: You got one person clapping. It's got the rainbow shirt. Yep, Yeah, guys, I am political. Listen. I don't know if I've ever heard a music star of the grand statue of Bruce Springsteen and a really probably well attended concert, I would assume packed. I don't know that I've ever seen them make a statement outside of the music that got such so little response. You know, now, we care about your health, we care about your house break. Can you sing Rosala again? Yeah? Born to run, born in the Yeah, don't sing born in the USA?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: I mean, who wants to sit for a men to have and hear about how terrible America is? My goodness?
Speaker 1: What about he? What if he starts singing they weren't born in the US. Yeah, so they gotta leave not walked the law?
Speaker 11: Twenty billion people need to process in the US.
Speaker 1: What We'll be right back. You got the Rick Burges show, all right? So here we go to emails and answering questions. Hey birds, Hey, birds. I found myself in a situation last night and I needed the gang, especially especially Speedies. Expert opinion. Oh, my youngest son had his pre k K four graduation last night. I didn't know if a graduation bark is acceptable for those younger graduations or if it's only acceptable for high school and college settings. I told my wife I should do it in Speedy's honor. My dad dared me to do it, but I didn't take de bait for fear of being a good I just thought maybe you could provide clarity for others who may find themselves in a similar situation. This is a listener Preston out of Cleveland, Georgia.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, you got a great dad for the dare. Oh yeah, because I do that too. Probably you not doing it was probably the right thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't bark when when my boys were real young age, some of them are scared of dogs. Well, they're scared of dogs, and you're trying to teach them to do the right thing. And so if you start barking that they're gonna bark, and now everybody's barking, and and then you're the you're the bark starter.
Speaker 1: And so because you can't reason with them that I did it, but you can't, right.
Speaker 6: But but as they get to be young adults or adults, then they know right from wrong and they know really, dad probably should have done that, but it's funny and he's honoring me and he's not. But I'm not going to run around barking everybody. You know, I'm a bark when it's right.
Speaker 1: So you do say too young for barking, because you almost could cause the kids to think they.
Speaker 6: Can before you know what, you got a dog pound. Everybody's barking. We got little barks and other barking and some are scared. Yeah, and then and then the little boys start barking right right, and they start barking in class. And you need if you're in a parent teacher meeting, because your kids barking too much. And it needs to be old enough to discern that my dad's doing that, but I shouldn't, right, my dad's doing that to honor me, because that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Too much. They're not ready to be burdened with the responsibility of window barking when not to Is that what you're saying, Yeah, okay, I got you. I think so. Do you ever worry sometimes though, no matter the setting, that you're actually causing other parents to bark because you barked. Yeah, they feel the pressure, they're throwing a green light out there to bark, or they feel like they're.
Speaker 6: Less if they don't bark. His kid more than me because he barked, and I did. When I barked to my boys, that was to honor them. I didn't want to let them down, and not bark.
Speaker 1: Speedy is creating and it just happened with the email. You're creating barkers, Yeah, you are. There's an even barking now that normally would have been born. But there is barking etiquette. You got to know when to bar and how long. But that's why I came to you. You got that window, you do and you don't want to go too short, but you can't go too long. It's right. Hey bird, Hey Burge, I just ordered men Don't Run in the rain. Can't wait to read it. Thank you for the feedback. By the way, men don't run in the rain sounds like something my dad would have said. I have a question though. I'm sixty seven from South Mississippi. I played some type of ball or sport, and I played a little ball, and I've been acting my whole life. I've been guilty of running in the rain. But my reasoning is this, if I walked, I think people would look at me as an old guy that doesn't have enough energy to get out of the rain. So I'll show them I can still move a little, even at sixty seven. I'll let you guys decide should I run or should I walk? You wrote the book, so I think you may have the answer. Sure, I'm seven years ahead of you, and getting old is only going to be more difficult. Let me give you a heads up. Uh Hey, love the show. Great show. And this is from Johnny out of South Mississippi. Johnny understand what was going on here with Dad. It was a bigger picture of what Dad would saying. I see your dilemma. You think if you're walking at sixty seven, people think you can't run, you know, and you want to the walk looks like it's you either got a feeble walk or you can still walk strongly. You could like, I'm not even reacting to this, Greg, I'm getting wet. Yeah, thank you, Greg, because I think you just found his perfect spot. You need to walk with authority, and it needs to be a strong, physical walk. You can't be kind of humped over the running just such a little frantic. And that's why Dad hated it. Uh My dad thought that your wife and your children should be in the vehicle dry and you got it into drive wet, meaning you you got everybody else to shelter. Yes, and you did not frantically worry about because you can't worry about things like that. That's right, get your job done, quit being friends, so the family, you just run off in the rain and not get the job done. It's rain, and if you can't handle rain, then you certainly not gonna be to handle anything else that's coming. It's a big deal.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, that was kind of his his bigger picture. So we would suggest for you stop the running, Johnny, and let's have a good, solid, strong, even a good tempo walk. Maybe sling your arms a little so that I think that would be better. Okay, let's let's get into this. I know this has not been a good day for this, and I'm now thinking maybe I should not do this. Okay, let me I'm trying. I'm thinking that they've had enough from Greg right now. Well, there's never too much Greg. Okay, guys, I've moved on. Everybody else needs to know what I'm saying. These are all music questions. I may just saved them from me. I love music talk. Yeah, we'll do it. Let me go to this when Greg, and this one's going to slay you. Okay, okay, And I think you're to get a good charge. I'm not here. No, you're not going to laugh really no?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: This is this is this one. This is from Kevin Ken. Loved the show. I heard you talking about your dad on Tuesday and how he always had a heart for special needs children. Then Speedy talked about the first time he met him, how an intimidating figure he was around the campus, but how nice he was and welcoming to Speasy. So Speedy, okay, okay.
Speaker 7: Where is this going? I can't tell where this is going.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand why you're saying I might not like it. I got it. Now.
Speaker 6: Well, he consense things, you know, how like two times a dollar consense.
Speaker 1: Taking sense that he's walking up. Well I need to be treated Speedy. So well, my comment is, do you think that it's possible your death thought Speedy with special needs? He brings down Adler's down. Who writes that? Who writes that email? I don't know, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: It's an angle to consider it an offense to the special needs community.
Speaker 1: No, probably offended now, No, nothing about that. And I'm just saying, And they said, the reason he said, I don't know who should be offended somebody? So, yeah, it's an offensive Probably it's an offensive email in so many ways. But they said, and the reason why is because I'm sure Speedy came in pretty hot, so hot that you're dead. Might have thought it was nervous Speedy. I didn't come in. I'm gonna be honest. That's my favorite letter we had probably since the news show. Staring about this. I'm gonna go this far. I'm bringing it to you. Please let me can I guess that's a framer right in my office. Yeah, there you go. What was funny is you could feel where it was going.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of email. So and I do want to clarify something on not on that, but y'all, we love y'all so much out there. We do, so those of you that are that are why I always want me to ride with him. It's so much like, right, I got it, come here for it's also type of stuff down there. This also explains I never thought about it the number of times a day just for no reason. We'll say, you know, it's a good thing, y'all do keeping speedy employed?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Is that why I always want to drive his truck? Say you can take me? Yes, he wants because he wanted you to have a good experience. Hey, one thing, can I clarify on the book? Not that's fun. It is true that the only place you can go for the link to get a sign copy is our websites Rick Burgess Show dot com. Listen, this is important, Themanchurch dot com or Burgess Ministries dot com. Stay with me now, y'all, don't leave me. But when you click on that link, it still offers you two options. You can get the book without it being signed. Are you you can get it with it being signed. There's still another decision to make. Just because you bought it from that link doesn't mean they know you want to sign. You have to make sure you're confusing. Well, and that's not it's not confusing. It's very clear. It says right there, signed copy, clicking sign copy, click here. Well, I'm confused. What are you just want? Well, we want you to do this. Wants back to the email. But I mean, but then there's the then there's the over here. I'm just getting it rig or how about this? Just sign them all?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's you just sign? Yeah? Thank you for that. You know what, if that's what the people want, that's what I'll do. Everybody wants to sign copy, that's great. Having a hard time with that would be great. That would be great. All these buttons to cleg. Let me tell you who would never get a sign copy of Speedy. He would go find where it was for sale for the cheapest, get a bootleg bootlegging. Yeah. He coming with an e book and asked me to sign his iPad. We'll be right back. Emails, checks nation, they're all saying. I have people saying, can y'all give out a warning up for those of us that are driving when things like that are coming. Some people saying the whole audience is needing a minute. Always was one. He loves feed some much. They see. I got a little jealous a couple of times I said that I'm actually your son. Can I ride? Do you remember on hunting trips how much he would love on speed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was like you wanted to me.
Speaker 6: You rode with me and he told me, or I rode with him and he told me stories, and man, we had a good old.
Speaker 1: He told you to stay in and stay until he got back out there to get you. Don't you know what I remember? Pensacola, Pensacola. Yeah, put Speedy on the boat with me. Yeah, I did. I went on Do you you were you there for that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I went there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went on the boat with him because you didn't sea sick and I wouldn't throw up in front of him.
Speaker 1: You know what kill me? He asked for you to be on his boat because he's looking after you. He didn't think anybody, el said, would keep an eye on you. No, he knew I wouldn't you know. Yeah, let's not talk about you did that way somebody the worst one so far going to less and the worst one on Yeah you are the worst one on text nation. Right now is Coach burd just looking down from heaven says what Wait a minute, he's not.
Speaker 7: You two?
Speaker 1: You two ought to be ashamed you. I can't believe.
Speaker 18: Wait a minute, I wasted effort. Wait a minute, I'm sorry you say that.
Speaker 1: But the fact that the person who sent the email took time to walking out, oh god.
Speaker 17: Was awesome.
Speaker 1: What went in their head think about that? Oh yeah, oh this audio nice to speedy because of this. Oh gosh, what a good thing he did. He was we I love what we do. I love every single day at forty he didn't whisper anything all about me. No, at the time that I said, like I said a minute ago, he kept talking about like I was so good to you and y'all look after him and think giving him a job. And I was like, what he didn't What did he mean.
Speaker 3: In the world?
Speaker 1: If you think about it, he's our greader. He is that he is. Oh my goodness, I don't know what. I don't know what to say. No, Dad, so you're just stop, okay. I think I think that. I think that bit has delivered. That's not why Hobi is my friend either. Ob he has the same calling Dad does. Coy good man. I stopping all these even we've lost Addler complete, big time. We've lost Saddler completely.
Speaker 7: I'm debating on whether to say no, you can't.
Speaker 6: I've done a gala for the Ronald McDonald house. He said, I'm a spokesman for him.
Speaker 1: It's not true. So y'all just need the stock swire baker inviting who's hunting trips?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 7: That's what I'm done, Speedy, were workplaces, best friends, thank you, and so that's.
Speaker 15: What you know.
Speaker 7: You could even call us best buddies.
Speaker 1: You're terrible. Hey, that's why. That's what you were pondering, wasn't it, because you got to work that in there, because you do a great work with with the best buddies. You really do.
Speaker 7: It's the only good thing I did in college.
Speaker 8: And you know, I just trashed it.
Speaker 7: I just trashed that whole legacy just then.
Speaker 1: You did anybody? And I saw you pondering it too. You were going back and forth.
Speaker 7: Wait for the laugh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. That's all right. Anybody offended, don't put me on the email when he's offended. No one's just to be offended about. They're only mad about George Straight. Right, that's about George Straight. Okay, I'll see sixty They don't like if you get the percentage of let me drop it thirty seven a everybody who texts his name.
Speaker 6: He didn't spell it right there, definitely didn't. Yeah, come on, somebody his name if Greenwood he's down, Oh he's anybody, let me tell you something, nobody.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's gonna listen on the delay or when, but he will be down all right for a while. I'm texting Ryan right now and say are you listening. There's no way he is, because he would have already text me. Yeah, that's true. I mean I'm putting. Please tell me you're listening. Okay, here, somebody says it's time for me to pass the blanket. That's wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I know that you probably can't help it, but don't read everything that comes up on now. No, it's not because if I had feelings, i'd cry.
Speaker 1: We crossed this up. I didn't realize the creative people we have in the audience. Boy, they got some good ones. Did you see how well the email or walked it out to They didn't rush it, They didn't rush it. They made their way right. Did you really just text Greenwood? I did?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 1: Is hey? He lives for days like this. Oh yeah, oh oh, Rick, he enjoys this more than playing guitar. He doesn't coach yourself ball. He does. Yeah, speedy in a mine. It's his favorite thing. A Trent line. When he got the laugh, Oh, you know what this explained. I didn't realize this. I had two coaches yesterday. You want to interviewed them out there? Here we go, two coaches. They said, that's that's good the stage. Let them get on the sideline. And they were asking, you know, they were saying, they basically were saying, hey, if he wants to come be with us at a game, they even give him a title. You know, it's a stadium guy. All they do. I'm right here, right so, all right, so I'm waiting on response. All right, this, I think we're good. If you want to go too far, this barking out loud thing kind of falls under it. Okay, great, now you're you're gonna have to get I wanna suggest we get back into trup. Uh. That's it. Okay, that was funny. We've had a good time with it. Now we're gonna move on, right, we do. You got me till Greenwood calls. Right now, when he calls, we're going right back to it, going right back. I can't imagine do you think any chants that your sons are hearing this right now? Oh they're down and.
Speaker 6: Nobody loves And you said it too, Greg all fair, you said, oh so your kids make fun of you tooas I know yours hammer on you.
Speaker 1: What did you see my from Christmas? When he was sticking a box on my head while I was sitting on the can. You know stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Nobody needs hecklers on the golf course when you have two of your sons.
Speaker 1: I watched your sons. That's a good shot, dad, You looking good, pal, And a lot of you think this would be this would be a given, but it's not. Probably our closest our wives and children probably listen to the show less than all of you do. Oh yeah, watching your sons watching entire show and watching them laugh Wednesday, it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, stop, she said, ye'll stuff it, ye'll stuff it.
Speaker 1: I forget, I'm laughing. I forget it's on me. I'm done about me. Oh, I would suggest that the next day in game, I wouldn't bring a boom box. All right, So we'll well, we'll uh we'll uh yeah, how about that? All right? Well, all right, okay, we'll be right back. So there we go. Believe it or not. There's other things to cover there are we a phone segment schedule right here. But I think we I think I'm I think we need to do a few more stories. Yeah, but then we'll come back a few more things. Okay, our numbers eight eight eight, number six, big box. I'm right here, I'm a I'm a real person. You are, you are, We're right. The back and forth on eggs, back and forth we go again. So now we're back to eggs are healthy again. You know the egg you know, and and we let them create these egg beaters and all this stuff which some of the worst tasting things on the planet. And now we're back to eggs good, eggs bad, and today eggs good again. Okay, so here's the FDA declaring now eggs healthy again. Right, Eggs are.
Speaker 8: Back on the FDA's healthy list.
Speaker 19: Guys. I don't know why they were ever taken off in the first place, because eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
Speaker 8: But according to the FDA, eggs are now a health food.
Speaker 19: If you're thinking about chicken eggs, I would look for pasture raised organic corn and incredibly nutritious source of vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B, twelve, fol eate, ribe of flavor, coline, selenium, iron.
Speaker 8: The list is long.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 8: Then, while these nutrients contribute to.
Speaker 19: Energy, help with weight and weight loss, They help with a tidy They help with fertility. Eggs aren't incredibly nutritous food for humans and for kids, but check this out. If you are sensitive to chicken eggs and you can't eat these, you might try quail eggs. Difficult ovum ucoid protein, that's the protein and chicken that sometimes causes allergic reactions, and that means less allergic reac actions, less IgE mediated allergies.
Speaker 8: Eggs.
Speaker 19: Look at this guy. This is either a dragon egg or an emu egg. This is just cool based on how it looks. It is so beautiful. This one is super hard, and the yolk in here is massive. And we've also got goose and duck eggs. These are bigger than chicken eggs. They have a nice creamy yolk. Whatever kind of eggs you want to eat, get eggs in your diet. They are a health food. Do not fear eggs. Do not fear the cholesterol and eggs. If you have sensitive chicken eggs, eat some quail eggs. If you want to be on Game of Thrones and you want a dragon egg, find an emu egg.
Speaker 1: You know, I know what you're about to say based on all this information the guy just just gave us. Okay, when could how could they ever be declared not healthy? Yeah? I want to know when they dido? Was it the cholesterol? So all these facts that he just went by that are so sharp had to be here then, right, So they looked at those facts. Then I said, up, not healthy, don't eat it. But now I don't listen to any of it. I don't have to. It's a corrupt there he goes it is, there goes It is RFK juniors finally, and their appointment.
Speaker 7: To it with lots of tentacles.
Speaker 1: But what it does tell you add are all kid and aside just in the level headed world. If they keep changing what they're saying, and we keep discovering that they said something that then turns out not to be true, then you start you start thinking, like I said, first time ever, and I don't like the way it feels. I hate the way it feels that now you know, there was a time where if I went to a hospital, I went to the doctor, and I went in there. I thought everything they were saying was was the gospel. I could trust everything they were talking about. Everything on here is on the up and up. And then we went through this pandemic thing and now we've come out of it going hm. Sometimes we're told things that you know you need to question. And let me tell you right now, if your loved one is in a hospital, you better be an advocate. You better be an advocate. You you better sit there and look. Make sure they're looking at every chart. They're paying attention. Uh, they're on top of it. And that's sad. There was a time when I didn't since we had to do that. But were you better now? Yeah, all right, we'll come back.
Speaker 7: I was just Paul Saladino, he's a big time conservative food expert.
Speaker 1: Just to get a conservative food expert. Yeah, we have liberal food experts and.
Speaker 7: Food is politicized.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's uh, let's get started. This is going to be in the Music Realm. Greg, I'm sorry. Greg has already angered a fan base and in the hay Bird another fan base. Is in trouble. I must warn you. I want to save it. Everybody actually, like you got to be a George Straight fan of You're like, go in the hell, don't don't bring you back up again. It just died down. And I know you guys, hey bird a bird, Stephanie checking in. I know you always say don't tamper with the memories, but I'd like to know your thoughts on one of my favorite band's Heart. Oh yeah, I've seen clips of their twenty twenty five tour and Anne is performing from a wheelchair. Yeah yeah, was it kind of like Phil Collins? I guess, but I think she had a like something. It wouldn't like she was just wheelchair bound and they knew that. I think everything was she had something posil. I did this so that they had to postpone the tour and all that should we expect on the twenty twenty five tour, no matter how late in the tour, still in the chair now.
Speaker 7: July of twenty twenty four, she was diagnosed with cancer and undergoing treatment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what will be? They were set up ready to go hit the road or maybe even play some shows. What I'm saying is I don't know if it's a temporary thing, that's my question. But the whole tour in the chair, Uh, my opinion is her voice is still the best ever. It is good. Ad you from a singing family. How is she belting like she belts from that chair sitting down?
Speaker 7: That's got to be difficult, that's got to be tough. I'm trying to find some footage of I'm good, yeah, or if you guys don't want to temper well.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 1: The old stuff that heart better. Eighty stuff was good. Don't get me wrong. Nobody's asking about this Craig, but boy, I like the old stuff. Nobody's asking that guy was trying. This is strictly a question about Tampa with the memories.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, they're coming to Birmingham in June, June twentieth. They'll be at Legacy Arena.
Speaker 1: Okay really? Also on that note, first of all, are we okay with Anne Wilson going to see her in a wheelchair? I don't think I would. I don't think I would like to see that again. It'd be hard for me to watch. You remember when I think Axel Rose broke his foot and he sat in a chair. Dave Grohl did the same thing when he broke his leg. Temporary, but they did play shows. They had like The Game of Thrones thrown. When I saw the Eagles the last time. Timothy b. Smitt had messed his up snow skiing or something, and I had watch him sit in the chair a little bit, not a wheelchair. He just kind of found away from just it. So you got footage. I've seen it. People have seen it to me. I've seen it on social media. She seems to be singing. Okay, Yeah, she's seated and she's a very outstanding singer. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 16: Right, See it's hard. Okay, I felt like you're struggling.
Speaker 7: He's going lower register. I don't want to see instead of like she's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, that's tough man.
Speaker 6: That's a tough decision to make because she's trying. She's trying to recover.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to be in a wheelchair, don't have a grandmother hair to go with it, because that makes it. Did y'all notice that or no, we saw it. We were watching it with you. Grandy goes weekly through the hairdresser and they give her that up due. So now Grandy goes weekly I'm just saying, if you're going to be in the wheelchair because you heard her sick, I get that, is there is way too to cancer.
Speaker 7: Here's the chorus.
Speaker 6: Is there a way to will her out and then maybe put her in like a director's chair or something where she's.
Speaker 1: Maybe they can get that thrown away. I just noticed, did Nancy shave her head because of and going through the treatment?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, who was just right?
Speaker 7: That's a dude on the far left. She looked up, all right, go ahead, all right, here's the chorus.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't. Okay, yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 7: Crazy, I mean, is that sounds different?
Speaker 1: It's different because she can't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, that's sorry for it, but it'd be hard to sit and watch.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. I think that this we need to honor her because of her incredible talent and let her get through what she's going through. I don't see this is that thing where people always misunderstand me, kind of like Biden. I don't know that this is loving. Somebody can check their dignity.
Speaker 6: Can we not have an electrical wheelchair where she's like, you know, and like she's going around and then like every now and then spin around go.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you know it's as crazy as better better show me again. I gotta see it like yeah, like she's just she's like hit to hit the corse the cork crazy look turn hit that gear. Yeah, but I'm just saying she could work to stay and then go to time over here.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Great. I mean I think all right, I think you may look as that sounds. You're right, that would be better than that. Yeah. That that's that's something around back to dignity again. M So in the last drummer, by the way, it is, I've seen that live before. By it's impressive. It is at stadium Fest we had them there one time.
Speaker 3: So uh.
Speaker 1: Then somebody says, so, now that I have your attention, what were some of your favorite female vocalists of all time? And would be one of them and Wilson would be one. I'm gonna did y'all like Cyndi Lauper. Oh my goodness, she's not before you before I just trash you completely a couple of songs that she could sing them when she's the girl means you like the songs? Yes, yes, I like time after time.
Speaker 7: She's got a notoriously bad voice, does she She's got good songs. I will say she's got some good.
Speaker 1: Money, changes everything. Of course. Those songs both written by the band called the Hooters. But I do love those songs.
Speaker 7: Okay, Stevie Nicks, I like Stevie Nicks buddy, Yeah wow, uh, I actually really really like and I'm a style guy over anything.
Speaker 1: I like Macy Gray. Yeah. I like the funky sound of Macy. I like Anne before she was in the Wheels, Uh, because she especially. You hear their stuff in the seventies. It's awesome stuff you forget about, right, And so somebody is obviously I'm not thinking.
Speaker 7: I'll listened to I listened to Aretha Franklin.
Speaker 1: Well, I want Indigo girls. I will say this. I will say this.
Speaker 7: I love them, Greg loves them.
Speaker 1: Didn't like the Catalog. Didn't like the catalog. Only maybe one or two songs. But as far as me hearing her sing something Whitney Houston, Yeah, Patty Level, don't forget that. I don't start that. It's better than you like Melissa Edwick. Oh how about that? You like the Lady Nickon John. When I was a kid, I did that we're talking about singing, not just y'all say Blondie lately on stage, I have not yes, not good.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Do you sometimes? And this happens a lot interacting with people today when they think they're making a point but they're actually making your point. Yeah, and you're like, are you listening? So in this whole world, and I know we've covered this topic up, down, back and forth and we have nothing new to say to it. But there is a new development, and that is we have a high school transgender track athlete, biological male, competing against women. Now I want you to listen to what he says, because he's totally missing why people are upset. This is why everyone's upset. So here here is the transgender athlete talking about what they're about to do by winning the California State championship for women.
Speaker 20: Is that even registering as you're competing.
Speaker 4: Honestly, No, I'm still child. You're an adult, and for you to act like a child is shows how you are as a person. There nothing I can do about people's actions, Just focus on my own.
Speaker 20: On Saturday, other competitors beat Hernandez in two of her three events. She won first place in triple jump. She is not currently ranked nationally, and she has been outperformed by over two meters in her jumps by girls competing in states that have banned gender affirming care.
Speaker 4: All I thought was, I don't think you understand that this puts your idiotic claims to trash. Now you have no proof that I can't be beat here, I go.
Speaker 1: Here, you are in march, Yeah, just jumping. So we now hear this person say that they're going to go out and win the California state championships to make a point to the haters. Well, I thought the point you were making is that the biological females can be you, but in the preliminary stuff. But now you're going to go out and win the state championship to make a point. If you win the state championship, you're actually making the point of the people that are upset. You're not. That's why they're upset is they think you can just step out there as a average male athlete and then win the female championship.
Speaker 7: Now I'm calling sandbagging.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, now look like it. Now when when the track start does start winning?
Speaker 7: And I'm really so we played this way back when didn't we I don't know if we played this exact clip.
Speaker 1: This may be newer.
Speaker 7: This person qualified for the state championships in those three events that they mentioned. That means three girls don't get to go. So you're already replacing actual girls. So your point is already occurring. You have already done the thing that we're all worried about happening.
Speaker 1: It is happening, right, So now you're a point. You're going to have parents. Heckl Hernandez. When Hernandez is obliterating the female competition in the California state semi finals. Here we go right, going to jump and she jumps. That's a boy. Oh that's a boy.
Speaker 8: That's a man.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a man. Man, that's a man. I've never heard it put quite that, that's a man. That's a man. Man. Well, it's just it's unfortunate, and I think until we get to the point where we just developed another division and let transgender athletes go and compete against each other, this is just going to continue to happen and it's not gonna make any sense because it's just as you just pointed out, Adler and everybody out there with female athletes in your family. You just feel like you're being you're being robbed by something that seems so elementary. Also some other things that they speaking of sports, did you see it's out? It's now out that Caleb Williams tried to have weight getting drafted by the Chicago Bears and all and considered speedy. This is your world a UFL stint. There's a new book out that is saying that he apparently tried to avoid getting drafted by the Bears, and he and his family consulted with lawyers to find out if there was a loophole in the collective bargaining agreement, and his father told the books author that Chicago is the place that quarterbacks go to die, and they tried to get out of it. He said, I don't want my son playing for the Bears and said that this will just be a disaster for his career. And it hasn't been that great. It's been one year. Yeah, but you're right. But let me ask you this. He had eligibility left in college, right, I don't know, I think it did he? And then USC imagine they can pay you a good bit of money, stay in college another year, and then the next year, maybe a different team has the top pic, especially with the nil deals getting what's the rush? Yeah, what's the rush? If it's not a team you don't want to say. Okay, I'll wait till next year. I'll make a few million dollars until I go. Yeah, be interesting to see how this year goes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a head case. But for they're saying that he had quote terrible coaching last year and he had three thousand, five hundred yards twenty touchdowns, six interceptions for eighty nine rush yards. Ben Johnson is going to be joining the Bears this year, so maybe it'll go better. But he's a head case.
Speaker 1: We'll be back Burgess Ball battle with the box seats coming up next. I see these two bizarre stories today fellas that have video to go with them. When I see what's in the videos, I don't know that I want to see either one of them. We can talk about it. The one you have on ten A Adler, I don't think there's any way I want to see that. Well, I mean, why would I want to see that.
Speaker 7: It's not the raw footage. It is a news package, so I figured it would be attitude or blurred at least.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to start with that one? Up to you guys, somebody we've all heard about road rage, right, yeah, Look, be careful he dealing with. You don't know how crazy they are. Look at Greg, he's getting so excited because he thinks something's about to happen and that he can that he can just go in this right up your alley. There we go. So we have road rage. Some woman in Pennsylvania gets upset. Oh woman, Oh that that makes it even worse. Now, what's really hurt? I will say for those of us that no longer have an attention span? Of course, I never have had one my entire life. We're talking ninety seconds right now. That is a long time on the newspaper. Just get right, let's get right to it. Okay, okay, we'll get right to it. I know the Burgess boys, you better better be tending. You better bring us in good. Okay, all right, So by now you've crappy situation in del co O.
Speaker 7: This is real.
Speaker 6: The video that is police charging the woman they say defecated on another driver's car.
Speaker 8: When news anchors have to say to jeffic hating.
Speaker 1: But here we are tonight.
Speaker 7: This is the ten o'clock News.
Speaker 14: I'm Jason Martinez, I'm John Timmany police say it also the lead story road rage that quickly escalated into a shocking scene or Chris O'Connell is live for us and I and Chris.
Speaker 7: The strange case has a lot of people asking a simple question.
Speaker 12: Why a strange case? To say the least guys in fact so strange. Many people thought this story was fake, But according to a Prospect Park police, the Delco pooper is all too real and she's under arrest tonight.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is not real, and he tell us what happened. The lady chase me. She chased me, and I answered that that.
Speaker 10: Is forty four year old Christina Sola Meadow being put into a Prospect Park police car.
Speaker 7: But you may know her by this now viral.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not going to see it.
Speaker 10: It's woman getting out of her car and yes, defecating on the hood of the car of another room. She's seen getting right back into her black Nissan we saw parked outside of her home tonight.
Speaker 16: They were both headed in the same direction.
Speaker 13: They both lived not far from one another, and the woman in the dark color car thought the one was following her, which was actually just going home.
Speaker 10: The incident happened Tuesday evening near the corner Thanks Madison, half a block away from a Little League film where the Delco defecator video has left some neighbors speechless.
Speaker 8: I don't know, it's it's been running through my mind.
Speaker 1: All day since I was about it. Just another day in Delco.
Speaker 10: So the medal was booked on charges including indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, and a misdemeter depositing waste on the highway.
Speaker 1: Guys. Yeah, can I say that that control is pretty impressive. She can go up there, let it go, get back in, and yeah, that was I was gonna say. The most impressive part is her control she has over her body. Guys, I'll tell you what I'm mad well, what I'm about to do.
Speaker 7: She goes and basically sits on the hood ornament. Basically, yea, and saw the unedited video.
Speaker 1: You did not.
Speaker 7: I saw the unedited so you did not, which does not show her body parts or anything like that. But when she walks away from the car, it's like someone took a water balloon full of mud and threw it at the car. And I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: That I told you that, Thanks, buddy, had ad enough vision.
Speaker 6: You're sorry you told us that. God, I'll never get that. We don't have video from the driver's perspective.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is I will try to handle this. It's too late. We're talking about she's got a little deficit on the fiber side. I guess a new guy that that could make hisself throw up. But I've never seen this. I don't command, Yeah, don't command. Probably not a healthy eater, probably always has one ready to go. Goodness, she had one defeator. That's good one. Somebody crapping on the highway is only a misdemeanor. Yeah, now that one's aster in Indonesia.
Speaker 7: And they were just living close to each other. She wasn't even following her. They just lived close to each other.
Speaker 1: So that's what this lad's gonna be known for for the rest of her She doesn't the crapper what they call it, but there was all kinds of word crapper.
Speaker 7: There was a crappy situation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was that they get. If she had a skirt on her should have taken it taken a minute. Well, you can't stood on there. You almost can't do it without a kilt or a skirt. Yeah, if you've got to go to the pants and all that, because you've got problems, and then drove right off.
Speaker 7: I thought it was bad when I flipped that guy off. You know, that's nothing compared to this.
Speaker 1: No, and you'd egg somebody's car. Well, I have so many questions, but I'm not going to ask any of them. Well, you could tell she she's out to lunch, but she's hollering at the camera. But it seems like if you're if you do that, I think I think I can do it. If you do that and nothing takes place and you go directly back to your car and sit back down, Oh yeah, I'm just gonna leave it. She didn't just punish the girl behind her, She punished herself to Yeah, another car, say so she punished? Yeah, Well imagine that talking to you. Imagine driving rents off your car. I tell you what I'm thinking about when either one of them try to sell their car. Now, so tell us some things about the car, right, Okay, Well, it hasn't been in any crashes. Uh, anything I need to know about? No, I mean, have you heard of the Delka?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's on Carfax.
Speaker 4: You know it.
Speaker 1: Even that little laid harring, that little Foxy says, I got back where you live. I got crazy as a fox. Wow wow. Spawning more topics today. It's been a while and if you missed it another uh, you know it's getting uh pretty much to be the norm. Uh to miss one of these shows is there's no way to go. You should never miss it. Don't miss it. Who knows what's going to happen next? Hey bird, Hey Birge, Greg, if you would like to say I would like to be left out of this conversation because of things you've already done today, You're welcome to do so I will get I will give you that option out there on the sideline. Hey Bird, Hey Birge, I agree this is I'll move into this one. I agree with the audience. I love when you guys talk about music. I like hearing the ins and outs of music podcast listener here. I think that you guys are pretty knowledgeable. Speedy is somewhat knowledgeable on music, but Speedy is very knowledgeable on golf, and the rest of us are not. So it's just we all give and take calls them by the first name, buddy, Yeah, you go the other day. We got to go over here working on uh So. Anyway, I have never heard y'all mention the group Alabama, yeah, or Jimmy Buffett and the Choral Reefer Band. That's the one I'm worried about. Alabama's been on well in the which passed the show, which more than likely is an indicator. Maybe I'm wrong that y'all are not fond of them. Was just curious where y'all stood on these two groups, Alabama and Jimmy Buffett and the Core Refer Band. Love the show, keep up the good work. This is from how well. I guess y'all gonna make me do this again.
Speaker 6: No, what I'm saying is, if you would like to not do this again, you've already you said Jimmy Buffett, He's not gonna be able to be quiet no way.
Speaker 1: Alabama I like and it's amazing how many hits they had, unbelievable, and I do like them. And then I'll stop there. You're going to leave that alone? Yeah, Adler, I love Alabama.
Speaker 7: I listened to I'm in a hurry and I don't know why when I'm sucking traffic at least once a week.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's weird.
Speaker 7: It's such a good song, great message. I love a lot of the other songs too, and I'm exposing my kids to it.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Jimmy Buffett I saw at I Think Hangout Fest one time. I was covering the Hangout Fest and he was one of the acts and the audience was yes, very and it felt and all the songs have like motions to him, like fins to the left and fence to the bunch of and everybody in the audience is doing it, and everybody in the audience is doing it. And it felt like it was like Chuck E Cheese for adults. It was like it was The Wiggles for adults. And I felt weird. I was like, I feel weird. And that's that's cool, great if you enjoy that music.
Speaker 1: It's just not for me. I'd say, that's a polite way of saying it. That would say I hate him. I'll just say this. When I was like, and here we go eleven years old, y, I bought forty five to Cheeseburger in Paradise and that's about all. That's it. And I was a kid then I really liked that song.
Speaker 6: Release the Cracket, gospel music, George Strait, and Jimmy Buffett all the same way.
Speaker 1: None of those things have a fan either, just ain't not popular.
Speaker 7: Beach music guy, you know I'm not a toazing the sand guy, No, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I will if you're eating outside, you know, on the beach ordered seafood waves to your right, do you mind beach music in the rather ad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, Can I tell you this is this is about as brutally honest as I can be on it. Beach music for me lost its appeal when I started being sober. Good point, it's fair, that's fair. That's real talk there. And uh when when I when I would oftentimes not be sober, I found it fitting in certain scenes. But once I now live a life sober, uh, it has no appeal to me whatsoever. And so but the group out of them, I actually like quite a bit. Yeah. Like I say, it's amazing. You see that mountain over there. You forget how many hits they have. One of these days, I'm gonna climb that mountain, mountain, mountain.
Speaker 7: Mountain, looking for my lost shaker of salt, and the whole audience goes salt saw I'm leave. I gotta leave right now.
Speaker 1: You don't know all the moves, and it's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It was weird like that participate. Of course, bad timing on my part, since I think I'm actually going to Orange Beach in a couple of weeks see Andy Andrews, and I'm gonna actually be with Jimmy Buffett's cousin. I think so. Is that Lulu, No, that's his sister. Sister has the restaurant. Yes, you can be. I will say this all this back Brick. On a positive note, I do like Jimmy Buffett better than George Strait. I will say thank you, Greg for making sure just when all of those people had gotten past it. Thanks, thank you for making sure. Thank you for making sure that they can get mad again before the show ends. I ain't throwing the one. No no, he saying, you don't know you what do He's saying, well, yeah, you said let me you like cheeseburger in Paradise when you were a kid. You don't like it now I don't hate it, But it's when you think this kind of we're just singing about a hamburger. It's a little weird. What what what? Jimmy Buffetts one could you live with?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Don't say the one I think you're gonna say, Yeah, No, I really sailor, son of a son of a I went, now, I don't go to see you aving? Okay, I like I like that song? Is it is?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 1: Is it on that phone right now? Under music? It's not Oh yeah talking about your phone? Right all right, So let's move on. Longtime listener, regret saying it from two thousand and five ten, I wish you left the George straight nowing you have no reason to do that again. Yeah, I wanted to give something positive to Jimmy uh now loving the new show, Thank you. I love when y'all break down music and love the different opinions shared on the show. I'm just wondering, in y'all's opinion, you think are the person who was in a band and had the most successful solo career. You cannot say Michael Jackson or Paul McCartney, so they're out. Who do you think? I would say a Richie Yes from the comedy. Would you agree with that? I agree with that was in a band that went solo? Yeah? Uh, Richie definitely. Phil Collins.
Speaker 7: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pretty good one. Yeah, that's a lot of hits, a lot of hits. But so do you think Phil Collins had more hits than line of Richie? Maybe? Maybe I don't watch it, Diana Rossnel was everybody come on, ye, come on, Rod Stewart, you can't make it. But can you really say that?
Speaker 7: And then you're just last one?
Speaker 1: Harry justin Timberlake.
Speaker 7: That he might even be more so than Harry Styles, which Harry Styles it has like you know that it has been dominating relative of mine, not in my immediate family, big fan. It's a female anyways.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I think everybody ease up. I think both of those pretty good. Because Peter Gabriel he wouldn't. He wasn't as successful as he was in Weird Genesis before they became Weird Genesis. You know, Poppy and could have hit he was in Weird Geness. You're right, Collins just played drums.
Speaker 7: He was in he was in Weird genis Seed's favorite Fergie?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Uh here we go. Uh, Tom Petty don't count that, that's Tom Petty doesn't count. He was Yeah, he only did like what he did, like one or two he won sole album, Yeah then two back. You know that's just a side project. Uh Beyonce, Hey, thank you, Hey, Bird by the way, Sting by the way, definitely I am anti Sting. I like the Police. I'm an anti Sting speed he made him. He's got bo I think I think I'd rather listen to Jimmy Buffett and Sting didn't like the Police. I could live with the Police. I like the Police. Think that it is just something about the way they sounded. Always sounds like he's trying to sing higher than he really can. Every time I hear he's at the top of his red for sure the whole time. What about O.
Speaker 6: D B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know who that is?
Speaker 7: Old dirty from from the not well known, pretty popular same vein as c Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was an n W are you over here in in like gangster rap? Now we're just saying an artist like everybody.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, at least you.
Speaker 1: Simon, that's a good man. He ever reached the ever A band though, of the band that he left, but David Lee Roth did have some no this one day he was in an exit guy that was in a very successful band, that had a fairly successful solo career. All right, here we go, hey.
Speaker 7: Bird, Darius Rutger, that's true, hoody.
Speaker 1: He changed the style of music. What about the country that's the that's not different. Different, that's not different different? How different? You can't compare them. Two different things, two different trying to win. They tried to win two different leagues. That's they didn't stay in the same regret coming in today. Huh Don Henley off tax Nation? Yeah, Don Henley, that's a good one, by the way, you want to go that f well, No, but and I know this for a fact. Oh I know, she knows. I'm a bit of a fan. But the Don Henley, when they all did their solo stuff, his was by far the most successful. Yeah, no doubt. He had multiple albums. He did well.
Speaker 13: He did.
Speaker 1: Didn't like Laundry. Yeah, he's still a Joseph Summer written by Mike Campbell.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 7: Michael McDonald, you don't.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, hey boy, you really do that good. So unfortunately he heard me doing that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right, making fun of him. People don't like to get made fun of.
Speaker 5: Why doctor dre This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: So to the phones we go. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. You're on unscreen phone calls? Go ahead, Yeah, I was calling.
Speaker 9: I got somebody want to tell Speedy?
Speaker 1: Hey of the Wittakers, all right, I just now got it. What a tough day. Two things today. Speedy's had a tough day. And I've never seen Greg's minions turn on him quite like they have over George Straight. Yeah, what big deal. I've never seen Greg take this much heat, have you even from his own beat hip. I'm not gonna fake it like half of them are doing. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Y'all need to take that mike away from Greg because I don't think he knows what he's talking about when it comes to music.
Speaker 17: Stay with the Backstreet Boy. He's an inst I would rather.
Speaker 1: Than George Straight get mad. I went to George Straight concert one time, but I woke up. I fell asleep in the seat and I've don't clean the stage off. Everybody was going Greg watch, he got hurtful. Now when he gets injured, do you think he won't go hurtful? Second? Can't take ricker George?
Speaker 9: Okay, Rick, do you want to talk about coffee this morning?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 19: Good?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: So this is coming from a guy, and I know to get real, real, real quick. I had an addition for many many years when I wake up in the morning, I want my master to.
Speaker 6: Be the Lord.
Speaker 1: That's that's the way to go.
Speaker 7: That's great man.
Speaker 9: And and and to deal with coffee is you know, do I really want to have something that I need before I had the Lord in the morning?
Speaker 1: Nice, I believe you some slack on coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, mant he feels like he's relying on coffee more than God.
Speaker 1: He can do that. That's right.
Speaker 7: My goodness, y'all.
Speaker 1: Heard of a lot of addictions. Greg, there's no need there's tell me, tell me you're not you as being serious, sir. If you're looking at me, you're the worst one. Smite, you're the worst one. You actually like right when he's talking you, guys, what you said is like the Lord, the lords of coffee. Yeah, I just I don't think that you're in any danger violation. Nothing should be more important than the Lord. That you should need something more than the Lord. That's what he was saying. I know, I'm not at all we continue by speaking of that. By the grace of God, we're still on the air. You separating, both of you, separate both of you, Adler, Is there any way you can do your job in here.
Speaker 17: Right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, what about Greg over here with that shot up? Go ahead, you're on the unscreened phone calls, go ahead. I don't even know what I love that call. I don't know what he says. That's probably right after he just well, never mind. Hello, Welcome to the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: Things that I believed in in my life that have let me down, the tooth ferry they used to go on his Santa Claus, last year's Crimson tie team and dagging on Greg Burdy.
Speaker 1: So good, last year's Crimson. That's real good. Oh that's wait a minute, that's what we're looking for. Hello, Rick Burgess Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, I gotta tell you, I don't think that Delco.
Speaker 17: Cooper story is is my favorite one of the day. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's even a solid number two.
Speaker 1: By the way, it wasn't. Hello, Hello to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 17: I well look him and pet him and called him David from Branch, Georgia.
Speaker 1: We contend you unscreen phone calls on the rick Burgers Show, Go ahead.
Speaker 17: I'm in Speedy and I likes.
Speaker 1: Unscreen phone calls. Show.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Hey, Speedy, we got an open spot for the Miracle League.
Speaker 1: If you want to come. We're supposed to know where that line is. Hello, Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls. Go ahead.
Speaker 17: Okay, two things. When the first guest from the basketball, nobody picked it up, but Speedy said, oh, a mother and son trip. There was two guys up there. No I didn't, I said when No, hey, go back, goat No, it was today, Go back and listen you go mother to son trip.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 17: The second thing is, can you imagine that lady boy and all this? Can you imagine that lady driving her car to the car wash and it just splattered all over?
Speaker 1: Let me sell what that was.
Speaker 3: What it was to.
Speaker 7: Realize that the voice the king was ready to throw back.
Speaker 1: The other way. I just wish I could hit a button like way over. Did that? No wonder Dad was a noster U. We'll continue, Hello, Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey, can you want us put your old studio one commercial truck.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna.
Speaker 17: Do it.
Speaker 1: There's no way, no way. We continue with unscreen phone calls. Rick Burgers Show, go ahead.
Speaker 9: I'm fan down after it does it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna fan down after George Straight does it. We continue. Let's go Hello, Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Greg, I'm repushing your tattoo on my left. But check now, I.
Speaker 1: Never seen him upset. His menis like this. I just didn't picture them being that big, George Ray, you didn't picture people who love you, George Straight, who are tone deaf? Now you forgot You got Glenn back in five minutes. I don't dislike him as a person, just think his songs are born.
Speaker 7: It was over the line when you call him George k.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't need that was over the line.
Speaker 15: That was over the line.
Speaker 1: You see, Adam thinks he's got you in trouble right now, and he's just celebrating. Thank you, thanks for being with us. Have a great weekend, Lord Willing. We'll see you money if we all still have a job.
Speaker 5: This is the Rick Bircher Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. Have a great weekend. Don't forget this weekend. A brand new edition of our new podcast, Strange Encounters wherever you get podcasts, and also on our YouTube channel. Monday, we recap a busy weekend on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze Tv.