Speaker 1: Logan is NFC Championship. Maybe we catch away head coach Dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: It's all about a matchup against the Philadelphia Eagles, all that war on the game plan.
Speaker 3: Welcoming in head coach Dan Quinn to the building coast. Congratulations all the success so far NFC Championship.
Speaker 1: We know what that means to this fan base.
Speaker 3: You know what that means to the city. What does it mean to you and these players being in this NFC Championship game?
Speaker 1: It's awesome, man.
Speaker 4: And to get a chance to go battle you know, division team just right up the road. Man, it's as fun as you can imagine in championship games. And we've tried to keep that process and mindset all the way through. So they've been in a lot of tough games and so our process to get ready again will be rock solid.
Speaker 5: And you know, you've done such a great job week in and week out of making sure like this is the one. Yep, it seems like it's extra challenging this week because it's this one and then the big one, Like does anything change? Do you have to message it differently? Or the guys are just that locked in?
Speaker 4: No, in fact, just that locked in to go what should it feel like? And they said, it feels like normal, you know, And that's what I want them to feel like the process of winning.
Speaker 1: What do you do on Monday?
Speaker 4: And we tell the truth when you're doing on Wednesday and tomorrow and third you know, all the way through. So just stay in that preparation, in that pocket of getting ready. And our team has like a joyful and intensity about us. You know, they will go after you as hard as you can and kick your ass and then get up smiling and want.
Speaker 1: To enjoy that part too.
Speaker 4: So there's this good blend that has both of those things together. They work really hard, but they also enjoy that time together and that's what makes like this group so much fun.
Speaker 3: And coach, we have the Philadelphia Eagles tonight, not once, not twice, but three times we have to play them this season. What it's hard about playing a team for the third time? What challenges does that pose?
Speaker 4: We wanted to have fresh eyes to look at them again. I think we've improved a lot in the five weeks since we've played them, and so we wanted to make sure we're turning over every stone to look at what we liked, what we didn't like what we need to keep doing, what we need to stop doing into that game. So the challenge is that you've played, you know the matchups, you know where it is. But also the good part is we've improved a lot in these last five weeks, and not just on the field, but we've gotten stronger in our mindset, in our winning time, in our connection and all of those things add to the performance on the field. But we've gotten better over the last month.
Speaker 5: You talked about connection, and that's going to be so important in this game, Like how you know, maybe some tangible ways for the fans where you've seen those areas improve because it is kind of a subjective metric betwe with the guys every day, you know.
Speaker 4: So the best example I think I can probably give is maybe even from the last game, because on the road you do have to bring your own energy into it. And so long touchdown pass by Terry on a screen and the next play a tackle on a kickoff inside the twenty five yard line, and then two plays later an interception that gets returned. So that's an example of how you bring the energy for one another, how one side feeds the other side, and if you just stay into that logan, revide your own energy, worry about how you're doing things. That's to me the mindset that you want to go after it because we'll create our own energy. We won't have anything to new with the other team, but the energy that the crowd provides, like, we'll use that. It's good and culturation.
Speaker 3: Every week we talk about the progression of this defense and how they continue to get better. Five takeaways against the Detroit Lions. How has it been seeing them not only continue to improve but do it on the biggest days they've seen this far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the two things that you want to really dig into on both sides of the ball is taking care of the ball and going after it, and then tackling and breaking tackles. And so you want to be in the plus in both of those and so over the two postseason games, plus six with the ball and or plus five and the tackling margin. So those two things, that's the fundamentals, and that's why we work so hard at those things to say, man, like, this has to be the way that we get down.
Speaker 5: You're talking about tackling. I mean it's late in the year. I know a lot of teams don't really like it's like more walk through tempo. There's a couple of live days, like how do you make sure that skill stays sharp because it is such an essential part.
Speaker 4: Right, and you don't want you know, you've seen it through your whole career, some team skills are going up and others are deteriorating. And that part we were going to not ever back off from the tackling and leverage and the tracking and the technique for it. So although we may not hit to the ground, that doesn't mean the angles and the techniques to get into that space are you know, so significant, and they're running back is fantastic, you know, the tracking, the spinning and all the things that he brings.
Speaker 1: So our tackling has to be on point.
Speaker 3: And it's not every day you see a defense find such success so early.
Speaker 1: This fort share, this group being together.
Speaker 3: But it's also rare to see the young guys play the way they've been playing. Santach So two interceptions qualmart and his first career pick six. How cool is it for you to see these young guys buy in so quickly and find success.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has absolutely come from the work. They have absolutely put it in, Brian. They do not back off of that. The success they've had, it came from working for it, man, and so like there's a good feeling that comes with that, knowing that you can trust your training, you put the work in, and so although you go through the ups and downs, but when you get on the other side of that, there's some good football to be played. And that's why I like where you know, the attitude in the mindset of the team is like, you know, we found our identity, but we have not hit.
Speaker 1: Our ceiling, and so like we're going to go after it as hard as we can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again you talk about the Kwan and you know Mike having all these plays, but then it was also great to see Dorrance come in make a really tremendous rush and kind of capitalize in a big moment and you know they're going into score thatmentums kind of shifting and talk about his impact maybe on the team and like just what it means to have that guy make that play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes somebody has set it off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was that one in that game to create the fumble to you know, knock him out of that and so to have a chance to you know, flip the game, so to speak.
Speaker 1: Of those impactful plays. He was right in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: And Coach, you mentioned sa kuon Barkley a little earlier, so let's go back to him. Credible season he's having so far. How do you game plan it gets a running back that's just hot like that, especially a guy you're seeing.
Speaker 1: For the third hunt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I feel like I've seen him for the thirty third time, like you know, from the time in New York and yeah, you know, from Landau to Dallas to here.
Speaker 1: And he's a fantastic competitor, he really is.
Speaker 4: He's got size, he's got the speed that he can break leverage of people. So you want to make sure you can do the things right over and over again. Don't get bored of just being in the right spot doing the right things. So many times you see somebody try to make a play or get out of a gap and man, Foomi'll hit it and expose youre So, yeah, he's the real deal.
Speaker 5: Can you like maybe double click on like you said something there, like getting out of a gap and like, to me, when you're playing a good runner, like when you watch the film, it's like it's the ultimate team Yep, thing you got to just trust that everyone's in the right spot. And I feel like you're your team's uniquely qualified because they are so for each other in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's the discipline that it will take. Yeah, there's no doubt about it. If defensive ends, the tackles the linebackers, however it goes, it's so funny you jump out of one and that's the one that he can find and hit. And so just having that kind of discipline and being physical the tackling, but the gap control, that's a really big deal. And he's going to make plays. That's you know who he is and what he's done. But we've got to make sure that the tackling and the gap control is on point.
Speaker 3: And coach, looking at our offense, Jaydon Daniels seems to just ross the occasion no matter what stage he's on. He's on a huge stage, last week, balls out. Now he's on the NFC Championship stage. What do you expect to see from him?
Speaker 4: It's a nice game, lots of poise and when it's mental chaos going on all around him, like he lives in that space and he is very comfortable in that zone, which is completely uncomfortable and so for him into that spot, he stays locked in, he stays focused. But again, much like we're talking about with Mikey or with the other guys, like it is.
Speaker 1: The work that's where this success has come from. From that he puts it in.
Speaker 4: So there's a good feeling when you take the field knowing that like you are completely ready, you've put the work in and you don't have to make anything up because like you're ready for that spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again, like he's been spectacular, but really he's gotten a lot of support from you know, like you said, Marcus, Mariota, Cliff Kingsbury does a great job and just like the ecosystem around you talked about what those guys have done and maybe how they help him in these big moments.
Speaker 4: And that came right from Adam. You know from the beginning, why we would select Marcus to be here, the selection of the player, you know, the coaching staff down the line of who's in there to support, you know, from David Blau who was a player first year in a transition to coaching, Tavita Brian and just making sure man, this was going to be a very unique scenario that we were going to throw support at him. We also needed a tight end. You also needed a strong interior the offensive line. So that's the ottage. That was Sam, that was you know, Nick and so Adam was very specific and systematic about the support that he would need, and we were not going to set up this player with anything but success to make sure the interior of the pocket he had a tight end. There was a running game, like all the things the coaching that we just there was no other option. Sure like, this is going to work, and we're going to support the hell out of him.
Speaker 1: And then he's exceeded all.
Speaker 4: Of our expectations which were already really high, just based on the work ethic, the commitment that he has, the humility that he plays with and lives his life with. And so it's been an excellent, excellent process to go.
Speaker 3: Through and coach. We're going to be missing Sam Cosmy. We hope him for speed recovery. Prayers to him and his family. How do you feel those shoes? Somebody like Sam Cosman it's not just the heartshold of this line, but is a big leader on this team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sam's made a huge impact on that right side, and so it won't be just one player likely we'll have a mix of combination of how we do things. But yeah, well he's made a huge impact for us and we'll get him back. The bummers that it won't be you know, for this season, but we'll get him back. It's hard today because not having him there that hurt, just like it was with Noah and other guys that we've lost. But that is also, you know, why we train everybody that these moments do come up, and I think we would have derailed long ago if we weren't ready when injuries took place. And those are the things that it's a hard part of our game, but they do happen, and you have to be training other players to step into those spaces.
Speaker 3: And Coach, You've been to the link a lot of times, but this time you're walking in with that burgundy and gold on How much is it going to mean to you to look around that stadium and see all those burgundy and gold fans there here to support this team on the road.
Speaker 1: Yet again, it would be absolutely awesome. If I see one burgundy and gold sweatshirt, I will absolutely point them out.
Speaker 4: But honestly, like the love that community that has supported for us as the team that's a big deal. And uh, we know it has such a long history from grandparents to kids to grandkids and all the way down, and so to see that kind of support.
Speaker 1: For the team, they feel it.
Speaker 4: And especially on the road, you know when you see somebody that's.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're with me. So that's a good feeling. The best fans in the NFL coast.
Speaker 3: Coach, you appreciate you, Tom and now we'll see you and Logan getting that film room. All right, Thanks guys, Commanded family, We know you are enjoying the game plan. However, if you want to see coach and Logan Paul said break down plays in the film room, you could check that out on the Commander's YouTube page. Logan, as always, our tickets will win these must watch matchups. You only got thirty seconds, so let's get right into it.
Speaker 5: Just short every week Joe went j and Saquon barklay again, this is a dynamic playmaker and the same way your receiver is right or a quarterback. You need all eleven guys to stop the run and need great defensive scheme. That's why it's him for sa Kwan. Can't wait to watch that matchup. Next one up dude, Cliff Kingsbury versus Vic fangerw This defense is crazy complicated hide coverage as well. Can he find some type of telformation personnel that gives Jaydon Daniels the edge? If he can, the matter's gonna win this football.
Speaker 1: This one's for us. This next one one the people for the people.
Speaker 5: Man Marshaw Latimore A J. Brown again. If Marshawn can take him out of the game the way, we are very competitive matchup in the first one, total game changer for the Washington managers. Can't wait to watch.
Speaker 2: These are your must watch matchups for tonight's game against the Philadelphia Eagles NFC Championship Baby for he coos dan Quinn, Logan, Paulson.
Speaker 3: I'm Brian Covirginia.
Speaker 1: This is the game plan.
Speaker 3: See y'all next week.
Speaker 1: Commander's Family.
Speaker 3: You could catch us every Sunday on WSA nine Sunday mornings before year games. This is game plan with Brian Covile Jr. Logan, Paulson, it coach Dan Quinn until next Sunday. Commanders Family.
Speaker 1: Yeah,