Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's Listener Q and day time.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody? Listener Q and a time, Ray Mundo, who's joining me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Those are such low yeahs now new studio, new Ray, m h changing Okay. Starting out with shout outs Kathy and New Mexico. Love it when you and Ray do best bits. Thank you, Kathy.
Speaker 1: Thanks Kathy.
Speaker 2: Kelsey from Boston says Ray, thanks for being you and responding to your DMS.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I try. It's pretty crowd and it sucks now because not because I'm popular, but when you tag people in your stories now, it just puts it in your messages. So it pushes down people's messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you have to go through like three different filters to try and find messages now.
Speaker 1: I still though, make a good effort by golly, but yeah, it's it's like, come on.
Speaker 2: Sou this is true. How is the truck holding up after the upgrades? Mike, Mark and Michael both asked.
Speaker 1: This, Thanks guys, M and MS and it's great. The sound system's unbelievable. I took my wife for a ride in it. First time she's thought my truck was badass took my dad wanted to ride in it, but we were so busy the weekend, like running all over the place, just having fun together.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you ride in it to one of the fun places?
Speaker 1: Because it was more comfortable in my wife's vehicle, because like, my dad is like, we didn't know if he could get in My dad's six six and like can't get in vehicles. But then on Sunday, the final day, there.
Speaker 2: There your dad is six six, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's like, and he's three hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: How tall is your mom?
Speaker 1: Five foot?
Speaker 2: Oh? You got you got you came in the middle, yep, got it.
Speaker 1: And so it's tough for him to get in vehicles. But then the last day he goes, I think I want to go a ride in that. But then Dad, we don't have all We had tried to squeeze so much life into three days. But yeah, he thought it was awesome taking pictures of it. My wife loves it, but it's holding up. It's it's phenomenal. No good, undred ninety thousand miles. If there's any other SUV Chevys the Trailblazer, they all look at me like, dang, I should do an upgrade.
Speaker 2: Shout out Chase Matthew every time. Dang. All right, GA, that's going. Well. How is your betting going this football season? Matt We got lots of ms.
Speaker 1: Well, me and my wife we did the math because we had two for taxes, and for an entire year of betting, we made fifteen dollars. That's how pointless betting was.
Speaker 2: Fifteen dollars for an entire season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a lot of ups, downs, highs low's roller coaster. So with all that said, this football season, I would definitely say we're down. But I'm more of a futures better So where I mean, I got the list here and stuff like if cam wore but future betting as you put thirty dollars on like ten things that happened in the future, and you can win a quarter of a million.
Speaker 2: So you only got fifteen last season doing this.
Speaker 1: Uh, this season, I wasn't as invested with the math and the research of it. But if Georgia wins the National Championship and pair that with a team from Texas winning the Super Bowl, I win one hundred thousand dollars. If cam Ward wins the Heisman and the Dodgers win the World Series. I win one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's saying like two monumental things happen, though.
Speaker 1: But the Dodgers are in the World Series and cam Ward's one of the top three guys.
Speaker 2: But I'm assuming the odds like for these are like, well, remember under one hundred or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But there's ten events, and I've already won seven of them, so there's only three left. I've already won the other seven, Okay, So I would love to say it's gonna be a very lucrative season. Right now, we're down though, Okay, right now, right those teams will lose and I don't win anything.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a listener that is new to sports betting and wants to know how to make a parlay bet. So how do they work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the parlay bet. So you're just gonna select. It's more than one event, so you're gonna select let's say an NFL team, the Titans, a college team the Valls, and a hockey team the Preds. I'll go all Nashville teams. You select in their aim them to win each one of those or to lose whatever, and on the far right. Typically it'll then say parlay and you'll put down ten dollars, and instead of it being you win ten dollars, it's time because of the math of it. That's why people parlay. You'll win fifty dollars if all three events happen, whereas.
Speaker 2: But they all have to happen according to what you think will happen, right.
Speaker 1: Correct correct. If you get one of them wrong, then you lose the parlay because they're linked. That's how you can win exceedingly more money than if you just did an individual bet.
Speaker 2: So parlay bets are linked, yes, whereas you can just make one bet on one team, one situation, straight bet.
Speaker 1: Okay, but parlay bets is where the money is. Show me the money.
Speaker 2: But again, you're more things are going to have to happen for you.
Speaker 1: To win that correct, less probability of it happening, but you can win exceptionally more money.
Speaker 2: This all sounds horrible, okay, but like also respect, I love this for you guys.
Speaker 1: That's what we sell baby a wishing to dream.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's what you're selling.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Favorite part of Coaches Convention Beck in Evansville, the.
Speaker 1: Last one that we had Oh my gosh, that party bus was pretty insane. We all pulled off to the side of the road and just went the bathroom in the river, and then we learned there was like a security guard like ten feet behind us, and we could have all gotten a peek.
Speaker 2: In the Cumberland River or what what river? Cumberland River? Sketchy.
Speaker 1: I know, so that that was one of those where we're back on the bus, but oh no, there was a security guy there, and uh that would have been bad. Hey, wife, I got a pi peeing with a bunch of random people next to Cumberland River. What a story though, Sore Losers Convention for Life.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Well one of those were you like kind of you know, sometimes you like to challenge your life a little bit. Am I gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 2: A little adrenaline rush. Yeah, we're leaving on this when we talked a little bit about it in part one, but Jin, you might just reiterate for her. Jin wanted to know how cephescue going.
Speaker 1: Is that the grass terrible? It's dead. It's been called crap grass. Now, Yeah, we're trying to figure out fertilizer it's gonna be just me and Bay learning something on TikTok and trying to go do it. Laura's dad's mad. Now he's on vacation and he gets a text on the beach. They're calling our grass crap. What do we do? He's now thinking his grass is crap.
Speaker 2: If you want to hear the entire country Life update with Ray, we talked about it in part one, but I had to that's funny that it was also here and we talked about in part one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good. It's sticking out like a sore thumb because it is straight up reddish brown dead and everybody else's green. So whoever brought that, it's God. But whoever brought that cold snap a week ago and now it's like eighty degrees thanks, Yeah, the grass is dead. We were faking like we had a good lawn for six months.
Speaker 2: So you do have crap grass.
Speaker 1: It's got to be.
Speaker 2: It's crapy. We're gonna take a quick break. We'll be our back, all right. We got lots of questions about the studio Ali in Ohio and Alyssa and Illinois both want to know how the new studio is going for you awesome.
Speaker 1: Computers are not upgrade. All the systems are an upgrade. There's less programming for me to do. They were able to simplify it. Upgrade, the views upgrade. Parking garage significant downgrade, but I did find a secret stairwell where I'm able to park significantly closer to it and then not have to go through like five other different scan carter zones with my fob.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Also, you have your fob on this like neck chain thing. What's going on with that?
Speaker 1: I told my wife, I said, hey, I need a fob. This thing is weird shaped where it won't go in my wallet. So she got me one that is sparkly and white and it has little mini girl diamonds in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and wears around his neck every morning.
Speaker 1: And I said, I don't care. It's all about functionality, baby, And I got my fob.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. Okay, so everything is an upgrade, but the parking garage, yeah, I will say the parking groadge security is an upgrade. But yeah, it takes a lot to like get into all the doors and be in here.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a lot to work.
Speaker 2: Did you get some equipment upgrades? In the new studio. Let's hear about the tech Ryan in Texas.
Speaker 1: Uh, you all had probably more with the cameras and stuff like that for us. Oh, podcast, there's not. I mean now we have our own podcast studio. We're on the sides of screens. You're gonna get your logos whatever podcast you're doing. And then also you can record yourself and stream live on Twitch YouTube if you want to, at the exact same time you're recording. So it's up massive new digs and stuff for the podcast situation, but for this it's it's just audio. I'm just an audio guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but did you get like for your board and for all the systems and stuff, do you feel like that's an upgrade?
Speaker 1: Yeah, same board and same microphone, same headphones. But with this industry, because I'm moving so many dials at the same time, it was very important for it to be pretty close to the same board. And so the engineers worked with me and made all my keys in the exact spot that I told him to put them in.
Speaker 2: Oh look at you, Princess treatment love that you, Okay. Sierra from New York ANALYSTA also want to know favorite memory from the old studio.
Speaker 1: You kidding me. We would party every Friday and Saturday night, get hammered. I mean there would be sometimes would bring parties back there. People would be going till three am.
Speaker 2: Was this the Awesome one or the Nashville nash one?
Speaker 1: Okay, always partying, They're always drinking. Sometimes listeners would hit me up. I'd show it to him when they'd come into work in the morning. Uh do we had a bachelotte party. Came in and drank Momosa's during the show one time.
Speaker 2: So basically anything that involves drinking that happened at that studio, it's a good time.
Speaker 1: And I got Beazer one time to stay the night there after a Titans game. Yeah, because she was like Besier's prim and proper. She's not going to sleep on a couch in a radio studio. And I one time got her to do it, and I was so proud of myself.
Speaker 2: Was she like, I'm never doing that again.
Speaker 1: Like four am she left, She's like, Okay, this is just gross. I'm going home.
Speaker 2: Oh man, we're party.
Speaker 1: We were all partying. I didn't want to drive.
Speaker 2: I've been late at night, so that's fair. That makes sense. All being safe, I understand okay, good good memories and the last one. Alyssa also she had so many great questions for us, but she asked if it was my choice to sit in the middle of Lunchbox and Eddie and not exactly like Eddie is placed where he was specifically for all of his tech and stuff, and Eddie and I have to be next to each other to work on videos and talk during the show, So the only other chair was to the other side, and that's where Lunchbox had to go. So it just like naturally for the progression of how we work and how we had to utilize like all of our equipment. Yeah, that's where I had to be, and that's just what it is. And now I'm between them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's fine, Right, it's fine. Does it look weird on camera? I don't even why did somebody bring it up? No?
Speaker 2: I think it's more just because before Eddie was between us, Lunchbox and Eddie were like next to each other, and they're like the little hooligans in there, you know.
Speaker 1: I thought I would think it's more of a big deal that Amy's like fifteen feet away room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely different.
Speaker 1: It's way different. She's closer to me than Bones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in a different scenario for sure.
Speaker 1: But maybe they can't see that on the cameras.
Speaker 2: I know on the cameras you can't tell we I mean we're all in the same room.
Speaker 1: In person, I'm about thirty feet away from Bones and Amy's about twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true, So our replacement's all changed.
Speaker 1: You got to look at people's mouths. I guess you actually got to look at people and listen and be in the moment or you're never gonna know what they're saying.
Speaker 2: You know, we can all hear each other through your headphones and then there's videos and the whole. Yeah, oh my goodness, But yeah, that's what happened. Okay, we're good, right an any last minum thoughts, things you want to say.
Speaker 1: I mean, really, I hope it's not like too much with the studio talk, because I see my friends they love it. My friends had a dang baby, for God's sakes, and all we talked about was a new studio. So I just feel like it's so much on it. But to go out there on the patio every day, it's bringing us closer. We are as a show.
Speaker 2: We're all gonna feel better and we're all gonna talk more to each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you guys realized it. We didn't see a sunset for me because I go to bedstoryly. I didn't see a sunset or sunrise for ten years, and so now to see the sun rise every single morning, I only got that on vacations.
Speaker 2: Yeah. All we have to do is take one step, one step out of our like the glassroom the studio, and there's windows.
Speaker 1: And who's closer when our doors open here in the glassroom, Who's closer to that beautiful patio and that sun and that skyline of you? Who's closer to it, y'all in the studio or the glassroom?
Speaker 2: The glassroom.
Speaker 1: The glassroom is closer.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do though.
Speaker 1: We are ten feet away from paradise.
Speaker 2: That's true. It is paradise.
Speaker 1: I just sit here at my board and the sun comes in and it warms this board. And the board asked me, what is that warm feeling? And I say, it's the sun. You've been in a dungeon for ten years. That is the sun, my little board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys do at least gonna keep your door up and we have to give our shut So that is the difference too.
Speaker 1: I say, Abby, what is that warming my cheek? And I look over to the left and it's the sun.
Speaker 2: Grace having a moment with the sun apparently. Oh my goodness. Okay, well, Ray, thanks for joining me. Thanks you for being on. Answering some listener questions, and tell the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff, Sissy.
Speaker 1: Ray Mundo, and then listen to me and Lunchbox on Sore Losers podcast. We got stuff on YouTube and then also we got Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 2: Love that awesome and I am at web Girl Morgan and all the things. Thanks for being here, guys.
Speaker 1: Bye. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.