Speaker 1: My grandpa, Jim Warner treated his customers like family, and Warner Stellion is still doing that today. I'm Angela Warner and to thank you for sixty nine years, Warner Sellion Appliance is offering unbeatable savings of up to forty percent of Great dishwasher installation and no interest for two years with your Warner's card. Plus go to Warnersellion dot com for an exclusive fifty dollars coupon these deals in October eighteenth, So hurry into one of our ten Minnesota stores. You'll love your new appliances and Warner Stellion.
Speaker 2: Audible dot Com.
Speaker 3: Here with the Fan, It's time for Vikings Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from Kfan and the Vikings Radio Network mus.
Speaker 4: The Vikings begin first and ten from their own twenty five yard line offset I left behind, Kirk Cousins, Alexander Madison, the single set, Jefferson wide left, Cousins great drop passing, first play pros right flat, It's caught. Josh Oliver turns in a penns high thirty to the thirty five.
Speaker 5: Pall came out.
Speaker 4: I m he'd lost our eighth fumble this year. First play of the game and Josh Oliver fumbles and it's recovered by the champion Chiefs in Vikings Terrigor out in eighteen from their own seventeen mahomes with an empty backfield, pacing a monster blitz and he'll grow to the left side.
Speaker 5: And it's caught. Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Justin Watson at the fifty overall league beam camp by them or a thirty three yard hit.
Speaker 5: That could have been intercepted. It could have been, should have been.
Speaker 4: It comes a blitz up to middle, Cousins Myers left and complete off the hands of t. J. Hawkinson at the eleven yard line and it would have been a first down here it is Cousins deep drop floats out to the left. Now he sapped and the game is over. Before the Kansas City Chiefs improved to four and one the Minnesota my King's dropped to running pullar and take on the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: That's hold your heel the week from the Day mab.
Speaker 4: Dot than Rock, books that stop Greas pac Man, a wreck can a cat fat pots.
Speaker 2: Making it all better though with beer done. Welcome to Vikings Country. Welcome to Victoria. We're here at Vicks. We got a great crowd hanging out here. I know we saw the Twins game and everything like that. Okay, we got it, we got it. But let's talk about our Minnesota Vikings. Ladies and gentlemen, let's get this skull going here. We're here with Miller Lighte, the official beer sponsor all of the Minnesota Vikings. I am mus and my special guest that's hanging out here, Todd Bowman. Ladies and gentlemen for former quarterback for our Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Vikings, a long time ago quarterback.
Speaker 2: Does it feel like a long time ago?
Speaker 5: It's every year that goes by, it gets longer long that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I bet your body feels better.
Speaker 5: My body does feel better. I saw Dante at the game yesterday on Sunday. I guess we had all talk about how long ago it already was.
Speaker 2: Right, So when you guys run into each other and stuff like that. And I'm not poking a bear here with Dante at all, but do you guys see each other and then like give each other crap about, Hey you look great.
Speaker 5: Oh you're staying in jail. I'm not going there are you trying to start that now.
Speaker 2: Because we're fifty. We're in our fifties.
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You see former teammates, you see former friends and stuff like that, and you're just like, hey, you're looking great, and you know for a fact they don't mean it.
Speaker 5: I don't agree with that. I feel like I still look the same.
Speaker 2: No, you look you look better. I think you look better. Oh stop, it completely completely better.
Speaker 5: How are you with your Harry Carey glasses? Are the day?
Speaker 2: I like him? By the way, thank you.
Speaker 5: I gotta happen.
Speaker 2: I can't read the notes otherwise because that's the worst.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You got to go to the readers all.
Speaker 5: Just about there? I can't. You haven't had it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're just swinning and hold your hands as far as you possibly can.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh it's it's so liberating though, when you actually just let yourself go.
Speaker 5: I need to.
Speaker 2: And then you buy like eighty five of them because you have them in every drawer and everywhere in your house.
Speaker 5: I should, but my beautiful wife has I'm laying all over the house, so I usually just grab hers and use her.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I see how you're doing no, no, it's not. No, I don't watch the Bachelorette. That's just my wife watches that.
Speaker 5: These are my.
Speaker 2: Readers, those are hers.
Speaker 5: I'm just supportive.
Speaker 2: So how big a font do you have to have on your phone nowadays?
Speaker 5: I don't. It's not too bad, really, No, it's a little bit bigger, but not not all the way. Yet you are doing.
Speaker 2: So much better than I am, and that's making.
Speaker 5: Me some way older than you.
Speaker 2: Kara a year older. No, you're not even a year older. You're months older than I am. You just what August right, August firs? Yeah you just yeah, November I turned fifty one. So yeah, we're in that same boat.
Speaker 5: All right, kidding me?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, And I'm sitting here. I got like the biggest font you can possibly ever have backed Now you look at that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I can't even read that.
Speaker 2: From across the room again, although somebody sends me a text. I gotta go word word word word all the way down. We are hanging out here at vis It's Vikings Country with Miller Light. We're setting up people to sit in the Miller Light Lounge at us Bank Stadium to see your Minnesota Vikings we're gonna get into all of that, the one and four and everything else. We got the Saints November twelfth game that we're given away here and you can stop on out still. Seven thirty and eight thirty will be given away. Those tickets were in place some ridiculous games as well.
Speaker 5: It's Ruthton, right, Ruthton, Yeah, ruthten.
Speaker 2: Two hundred right, that's the population right around there. Yeah, and it is southwest.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you like, way southwest, right south of Marshall, like thirty miles like thirteen fourteen miles from the south to go to borders. Yeah, all the way to the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: You still have family that's there, yep.
Speaker 5: My brother lives there. My mom and dad still farm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they don't have far to go to go see eight in your son.
Speaker 5: Nope, million and forty minutes down to Vermilion. Yeah, that's awesome with the Coyotes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Number two. Were you sad that he didn't go with number eight?
Speaker 5: He was gonna go with number eight, but they already had a guy that had number eight, one of the receivers, and he's like, I'll go with number two. Yeah. His cousin boy, will were number two. I wore number two and I was in Baltimore, so I was a good good fit.
Speaker 2: Oh, very very nice. And then how are they doing?
Speaker 5: Are they playing? Were doing good?
Speaker 2: I saw a guy with an NDS you sweatshirt on in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know where he went. No, we we talk about it. They lost, they lost the season Oprah Atmossouri SEC Team and then they've rattled off four in a row. So we're we're sitting at four and one. I think we're ranting number ten in the nation right now. So so far, so good.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be so cool to sit up in the stands and just be a proud dad, proud mom sitting there watching your son play the sport that you absolutely love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun. I mean just sitting back and watching him play. And Courtney's always asking me what what play's coming next? As I don't know. I'm just a dad just watching, but I try to watch it as a fan. But then you're sitting there analyzing the whole time as you're watching.
Speaker 2: Did you were you one of those dads when he was younger where you're like driving home and then you're explaining to him what he did right and did wrong.
Speaker 5: No, I was never like that. You know, I coached him since he has been in fourth grade. But I think he always grew up around the game, so he automatically kind of knew how things went and maybe what he did right, maybe what he did wrong. And you know, after the games are all you just let it go.
Speaker 2: In NBA, Dad, you signed with Minnesota in nineteen ninety seven. It is an unrestricted undrafted free agent Ivan based junior also undrafted and number forty looks pretty good. I mean, you got to give it up for the guys who making the team even though they didn't get drafted. And he's right now. He's got a half sack, he's got four quarterback hits, he's got twenty nine tackles.
Speaker 5: The guy's kind of a beast. I love it. I love it anytime you get those guys that are a little bit different, they're a little bit more hungry. You know, you have to prove yourself every single day, even just to make the roster and then stay there, all the little things that you have to do extra.
Speaker 2: How many teams did you actually play for. I know it was the Vikings. You get signed in ninety seven, so you got to be a part of that ninety eight team and everything like that, and of course how many people bring that up and you're just like, oh god, I know where the end of this.
Speaker 5: It's going to be never ending. How many years later and it's still the conversation and everybody, you know, everybody talks about Gary Anderson love the death and you know, like, yeah, he missed the field goal, but there was plenty of other players within that game that we could have made that would have ended that game before that, right.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. But then you ended up playing for what was the Saints green Bay.
Speaker 5: Green Bay, Baltimore Jacksonville and they played for the Rams too. Oh yeah, I was there like two weeks old. Scott Scott Lenehan, the old offensive coordinator with the Vikings, was the head coach. Then Okay had a couple of injuries, so he come, hey, you want to come down. I went down for like two weeks and that was it.
Speaker 2: Sho down in your in your den or your bar or whatever. Do you have the helmets of all the teams that you played?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do, Yeah, I do. Yeah. Every once in a while they come out and you know, guys using the headbot once in a while after after a few beers.
Speaker 2: I absolutely loved that. My garage beers. I don't have the need to get them, but you need to get some, definitely. Well, you know what, I'm just gonna go and get all the teams that you played and you can come sign them for me, and then we'll sit there, we'll head by each other there perfect in the garage there and Savage. Uh so we have Todd Bauman as our guest here for Vikings Country and quarterback rooms. Man, you have had a ton of quarterbacks, big time quarterbacks that you were in the quarterback room with. I mean you got everything from Rogers you got. I mean well, during the Vikings tenure, we had a lot of quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, my early on in my career was you know, Randon Cunningham, Brad Johnson, then it was Jeff George came in, Bubby Brester, so I mean yeah, and then the one year I was in Green Bay, well it was Rogers rookie year. Yeah, I went there because old Mike MacArthur's offensive coordinator in New Orleans, and so I went and yeah, backed up far for the last ten twelve games of that season.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's to make show out of all of those quarterbacks, who is the one. I was gonna ask you that taught you the most? But I really want to go this route and said, because this is Viking's country, who is the weirdest one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if there's the weirdest one. I mean everybody has their little quirks on that. You know. The one thing that I always loved, I mean the few games that I got to be around Brett Farr was you never understood everybody thought it with him as this this crazy guy. Like during the week he was laser focused on what he had to do to get ready for Sundays. But then on Sundays on game day, he was the guy running around the locker room smacking everybody in the butt, acting like a seventh grader because he's like, this is my day, I get to have fun, right, And he would literally that was his Sundays. When you watched him play on Sundays, that's how he played. You know. Yeah, you had some bad interceptions, but he's this That's who he was. I'll never forget. We're in film one time in Green Bay and he third and like fifteen, he threw like a sixty yard interception. The coaches all mad, you can't throw that interception. He goes, well, my punter's not gonna pun it that far.
Speaker 2: Did you get starfished by Brett Farvan because of the slap on the butt, Because I know, like I talked to like Jared Allen used to be this used to be at the Jared Allen side and he said that when Farv was there, he slapped him so hard, but that he had a handprint on there for like two days.
Speaker 5: Well, now that you say that, that was kind of like the running joke of practice. Everybody walking on their scare because I knew he was going to plant one and it was going to leave a mark for days.
Speaker 2: As we're talking about the Minnesota Vikings here and one and four where we're sitting right now, so far for this season, I mean, let's just face it, Karma's a bitch because last year we were winning these one score games. We had eleven one scorer wins last year, and now it just seems like if it could, it has happened. It's all ifs ands and butts for this particular season, and it's crazy how things have gone so far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is, and you know, the NFL, I feel like it's always like that. And last year, like you said, we won all those close games, we haven't won him. This was three or four different plays. This year we could literally be four one and it just really stinks that we haven't got them. Hopefully, hopefully the tide can turn, but it's not gonna be an easier now with JJ gonna be out at least four weeks.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he's on injured reserve and that's at least four weeks. And then of course you're going on the road to see the Bears, which we're always good at Soldier Field, and then he got the forty nine ers, who are unbelievable. How about this? So I was watching last night the Manning cast, and so you got Peyton. Of course he got Eli there. And first I want to ask you, is there any chance that there would be a brother in law's cast where it would be you and John Randall sitting there watching the game and explaining what's going on with the Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 5: That would be an interesting one. I feel like I would have to explain the offensive side. Johnny. All he would talk about was because he was actually at in his game when he played at NBSU, we sat next to each other and he's literally watching the defensive line, commenting about how the defensive line he's got to stay outside and his mind is laser focused on up the defensive line. It's absolutely a joy to sit and listen to him because as a quarterback, you understand protections and who's coming and who's not, but you don't actually stare at the defensive line and what they're playing when you watch a game with him, like he is literally watching those guys.
Speaker 2: Todd Bauman and my guess here Vikings Country with Millerlight, the official beer sponsors of the Minnesota Vikings, in that many cast. I thought it was interesting because Jimmy Kimmel was on there and he asked Peyton, which is worse getting hit when you don't get you don't see it coming, or when you actually do see it coming. And Peyton and Eli both said when you get hit blindside, it doesn't hurt as much as a one coming right at you that you know is coming.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably true because you your body's just almost like it's limp. You don't know what's coming when you know it's about to come. You tense up and you're trying to, you know, almost get ready for that impact. And I don't care how much you think you're ready for it. When those guys hit you, your nots.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the brother in law thing, okay, because I know you guys both like the golf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really love to golf.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks are almost always better quarterbacks than DT's defensive tackles. Is that the case?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I mean Johnny has gotten way better. I mean he is a really really good golf seriously, like.
Speaker 2: He's got way better, but he can't touch you.
Speaker 5: Last time you played golf with that.
Speaker 2: It's been a while. But yeah, we keep talking about going out, well, the three of us, we were talking about going out. But yeah, okay, we'll do that. Well fall golf is the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need to do that. No, he's a great.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is you still kick his ass? No?
Speaker 5: I mean no, we're close. We're close. Let's just put it that way. Okay, I'm not going to get into that. You don't want him mad at me?
Speaker 2: Well, right exactly. T one will just be the disaster.
Speaker 5: Right right?
Speaker 2: All right, Palman is my guest here Vikings Country. Hey, by the way, you can join Pa at the Champlain BW Buffalo Wild Wings that is this Friday from nine until noon for the Friday Football Feast presented by Corp's Light. Enjoy food and drink specials and a chance to win Vikings stick gets and more. Visit Vikings dot com slash BWW for full schedule and details. We got more coming up on the way. We're gonna talk about the Viking's taking on the Bears on the road, and also we'll get into our five typically stupid Vikings Country questions, which is always a favorite. Todd Bauman is my guest. We're hanging out here at Vicks in Victoria.
Speaker 5: On Kippick Join the Globe party. Mabelene is heating of iHeartRadio Fiesa Ladina with our new super stay skin tin get bright sweat resistant coverage that won't quit for up to twenty four hours. Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's Maybeleine on dot com.
Speaker 3: It's time for this Country, brought to you by Miller Lyte. Now here's your host of Vikings Country from KFAN and the Vikings Radio Network.
Speaker 4: Muss Coffin takes the hand off post to the end zone.
Speaker 5: D I'm not playing this pace in for number three.
Speaker 4: Jordan Addison and the Vikings have taken a first half lead on these jams. Fake punt direct snap Ty Chandler runs to the right side, first down.
Speaker 5: Across the forty pond to the forty tens.
Speaker 2: Time the thirty one first down, A fake pont.
Speaker 4: To Paula to Chandler and until fourteen yard run.
Speaker 2: Here we go, come in, going back Viking Country with Miller lights. We're here at vix and Fadness Hunt aren't Fadness Heights. Sorry that was last week. We're here in Victoria. It starts with a v leave me alone, Jeff. Hey, if you're heading to the game at us Bank Stadium this season, try the all new Vikings inspired beer from Hop Valley Brewing. It's crafted for the fans who bleed purple Hop Holla, Hazy I Pa. It's a game day grog fit for Valhalla. We're here again in Victoria, here at Vicks. I'm here Todd Bauman, and we are in the Bears now, Todd, as you're watching these quarterbacks and Kirk Cousins, it's been a weird couple of weeks for him. I mean against the Panthers's just one hundred and thirty nine yards and they only had forty four plays in that particular game, two hundred and eighty four last week against the Chiefs, but so many drops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of drops. You know what. Everybody talks about Hawkinson last week and had a couple of drops that they're not easy catches, you know what I mean. But I think from the way it started out last year, we first got he was catching everything. You know, everybody turns it into a bigger thing than it is. But you know, you get paid to catch the ball. He as a quarterback, you want him to catch.
Speaker 2: Up, all right, well, but then as a fan then you start doing that whole thing like is if we were spending the money on it, how much should we pay for him? And he's dropping these passes, and yeah, they're very difficult. On the other side, justin fields who started off really struggling, and both these teams are one and four. But the last couple of games he's had eight touchdown I was in the last couple of games. And also he's got a rating of one thirty on average in the last couple of games. They've kind of just let him be him.
Speaker 5: Well, it's interesting because I think it was it was two games ago when he had that the the interviewer. He was basically like, I just got to play more football and not be thinking so much and just let myself play and be an athlete almost. And since he's done that, like the last two games, like he's been playing lights out.
Speaker 2: That's what I think is the biggest problem with our drops, with our fumbles, with the turnovers, all that kind of stuff. Is that whole thing is you got to play fast, right, you know, as a professional athlete, especially a professional football player, the whole everybody always says that, oh, you got to be able to play fast, not thinking but now thinking all the time, like don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it, don't drop it, and then you drop it.
Speaker 5: Right, No, you can't play like that. I mean, you know as well as I do. When you go out there to play a sport, regardless of what it is, you have to just let your mind be free. You have obviously understand, you know the situation, what the play is, what you have to do. But you cannot be out there playing like a robot because you won't play your best? How about this?
Speaker 2: Are stupid been Vikings country questions for you? Will Ferrell return to USC is alma mater and he actually was a DJ at a USC fraternity? How sweet is that? Have you ever played DJ at a cartoon keger for Saint Cloud State even though they don't.
Speaker 5: Have a football team anymore? No, I can honestly say I've never ever done that.
Speaker 2: You can never never? Okay, how about this sportscaster al Michaels has never in his seventy eight years, he claims that he has never ever purposely eaten a vegetable.
Speaker 5: That. I don't believe that. I think that's literally impossible. I saw the interview and he was talking about if you ever eating a carrot? And he's like, no, gross, And he's like he's had to have had some sort of vegetable at some point.
Speaker 2: Is there a food item that you absolutely will not eat, never have or maybe you ate and said nope, never again.
Speaker 5: It's I've never been an onion guy. I don't know why. No, I don't like onions.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: No, if they're really really diced up small and they're in something, I can eat them. But I just do not like onions. I don't know why. I feel like it all overpowers everything that you eat.
Speaker 2: I got tricked by my mom once and she said that it was actually a steak, but it was liver, and uh yeah, never never.
Speaker 5: I got tricked once when I was younger. My mom thought that she gave us something that was actually kowtung No yeah, no, yeah, fresh from Fox. But it tasted good. But then after she told you, then obviously you didn't think it was very good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't want I don't want a fringe kiss with my food. You know, that's basically that's that's that's a big problem right there. Finally, as we got a minute left to go here, you got the bikes, you got the Bears. Both teams one and four Vikings also have forty nine ers on the way. How critical is this game on the road and how come we can't win in Chicago?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: We will this time. We're gonna win this week. I think you know it's it's no ja yep, for sure. You know. Sometimes I think when you one of your best players goes out, everybody else know they have to step up, And I feel like, you know what, this is a time where everybody else is gonna step up and we're gonna put a roll together.
Speaker 2: I like you thinking there, think positive, Todd Bauman Lanes and gentlemen hanging out here biking Schaudery with Miller Light. We're here at fix in of Course Victoria. We have more coming up here a KMA and in fact, as the twins do suffer a loss here today at of Course Argetfield, we have meat, sauce and more breaking it down that is coming up next right here on k f A.
Speaker 1: My grandpa Jim Warner treated his customers like family, and Warner Stellion is still doing that today. I'm Angela Warner, and to thank you for sixty nine years, Warner Selling Appliance is offering unbeatable savings of up to forty percent of free dishwasher installation and no interest for two years with your Warner's Card. Plus go to Warnerselling dot com for an exclusive fifty dollars coupon these deals on October eighteenth, So hurry into one of our ten Minnesota stores. You'll love your new appliances and Warner Stellion