Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part one. Behind a scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: What's Up, everybody? Welcome to the weekend. Amy is joining me. What's up? Aby? Hi Morgan, Thanks for coming on. We got some life to update everybody on. Things are crazy in my world. Amy, what's going on with you right now?
Speaker 3: Well, nothing's too crazy like yours? Which are you going to get into it? I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we sure, Okay, I want to hear about your life first. It'll help me calm down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forget about yours for a second.
Speaker 3: Well, before we started recording, we were talking about clothes and getting ready, and I just feel like sometimes I spend way too much time just standing in my closet thinking what am I going to wear? And there are certain outfits that I really love, and I'm like, I'm just going to start rewaring these outfits as much as possible. I put on exactly what I wore last week, and I'm wearing it again this week. And not that that's a big deal. Who cares. You can wear it the next day if you want to.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, what if.
Speaker 3: I had my Monday outfit my Tuesday outfit? Am? I went like Monday through Friday. I just had my outfits and like, that's my like for a month.
Speaker 1: I do that and then.
Speaker 3: Switch it up because I I'm someone that likes to sometimes how i'm feeling, pick an outfit or be a little more creative. I'm not super into fashion, but I like to try new things, and so I'm not like going Steve jobs here where it's a black turtleneck and jeans every day. But I as I get older, I think I'm gravitating more towards like why am I complicating things and continuing to buy more things? When if I've got something cute like and I like it, can I make that my Wednesday outfit.
Speaker 4: It's find of funny when you think about kids going to school and they sometimes they have uniforms, Like why can't adults have uniforms?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What if we had uniforms at iHeart or the Bobby Bone Show and we had to show up. I mean, Bobby would probably be like, all right, everybody's wearing a card again.
Speaker 2: Whatever it vibe it is for that few months and then we shift it. Those would be our uniform changes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm down for that. My kids have done both types of school's uniform and then not. And I think when they have the uniform they did not like it, and then when they switched, they're kind of like a little I missed the uniform a little bit because they don't have to think it, just put it on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so much of I feel like your daily morning routine is what am I gonna wear? What's gonna make me feel good today? I'm such a feel good dresser. How am I feeling in that moment? And how am I gonna be either the most comfortable or do I need to feel confident that morning? Or am I doing like need more comfy and I need more cozy because I'm going through it, Or am I like, oh, yeah, today's the day I'm going to pull off that new outfit. Mine's all about my feelings. My clothes very much reflect how I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I can do the same.
Speaker 3: Dopamine dressing is a thing where if you need that hit of dopamine, you can put on something that you know feels good and you look good and gives you that umph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that i'd be a thing, and I can. I think I can.
Speaker 3: Also if I don't know that depressed dressing is a thing, but not that I'm totally depressed if I wear it. But sometimes yeah, it's reflective of your mood and you're like, I don't care about feeling good. I just want to be comfy and cozy. But sometimes when I do that, I will get to work and I do not feel it's confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is that side of that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever gotten to work and you look in the mirror and you're like, what was it? What was I thinking with that huge mirror in the bathroom? And I'll go to the bathroom and I'll walk out and I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like, what what, What in the world.
Speaker 3: Is this outfit? And I don't know what I was thinking, Like it's something I'd never put together. It doesn't even work. And then I see myself in full length and I'm like, Okay, cool, I guess I should have checked this album before I left the house.
Speaker 1: But who Also.
Speaker 4: Because are we used to what are we look like in our mirrors at home?
Speaker 2: And then you go to a new mirror. I wonder if there's something to that.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I just think sometimes I don't look in the mirror before I leave my house.
Speaker 1: So that's that's uh.
Speaker 3: Top of mind at the moment is my am I I know it's people are listening to this on the weekend, but we're recording it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's like the top of mine.
Speaker 3: So don't be surprised if next Wednesday you see me in these white pants, the white top and my tan sandals. Although we are getting into fall, and maybe I could wear this exact outfit, but I just throw on boots.
Speaker 4: Oh you definitely, could you just swap the footwear. I'm I wear so much fall in winter clothing in the studio because I get so cold all the time, Like, and that's where more of my comfort comes in. Because we're talking about this the other day, you've been wearing tank tops lightly and I every time I see you coming with the tank I'm like, how is she doing that? I want to be wrapped in a blanket right now, and I have to be wearing like a full turtleneck sweater to be comfortable in that room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's freezing cold in there. Although maybe I'm appreciate it lately because my air is broken at my house.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not fun.
Speaker 3: So I think I got to look at my count I think they're coming today to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Is it the acs on my head?
Speaker 1: It's just not pumping like it should.
Speaker 3: So I keep it at seventy seventy one, and so that's what it's set at. But inside my house, you know, the the box where its are hard, you know, the little un Yeah what you don't have the word either anywhere, neither one of us have it, but it says, you know, I have it set to seventy seventy one, and it says seventy five inside.
Speaker 4: So and it's you're not really lucky that's having right now instead of when we had our heat wave or have you been dealing with this since the heat wave?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: It just kicked in about a week ago. So yeah, I guess to your point, it came at a good time. And also it's a thermostat.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we just came up with it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that took me a minute.
Speaker 4: I apologized early or getting into our groop this moment in time, you're hearing us like do our You know when people do the warm up before.
Speaker 1: They sing, How now? How now?
Speaker 3: Brown Cow, Unique, New York. Yeah, we're recording this before the Bobby Bone show.
Speaker 2: So and the kids say, go back to school.
Speaker 1: They're already back. Yeah, we are in a groove. We are. Yeah, it's crazy. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: And the uh, it feels like summer just came and went. I don't know, I feel like summer existed.
Speaker 1: I know we're about to just really be all in because cross country season is starting. Stevenson's already started his practice.
Speaker 3: That means we're going to have cross country races coming up Friday night football games. Then my kids are like, Sisure is not a Friday night sport girl. Like she's not the cheerleader or at one point she helped out with the football team with the the water girl athletic trainer. She was just an assistant to that, whatever you need help, Yeah, sure, if you need to go get water, if you go grab this a spandage, she would help with that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And Stevenson doesn't play football, but they like to go to the games.
Speaker 4: So Friday night lights and will you have a bunch of games too for your boyfriend's kids.
Speaker 3: This is the first year they're not playing football, so apparently this is the first fall where it's a little bit more chill for them. And I'm thinking, thank you, because it is already very busy. Between they do have some club basketball and then they have soccer, so I don't know exactly when soccer season really picks up, but they have lots of practices right now. But again I don't know sometimes if they're practicing for school or club stuff because I never played club things when I was a kid, but they're very active so well.
Speaker 4: When I played club when I was a kid, I felt like club existed year round, depending on if it was an inside support or outside. But club definitely you have longer timeframes then and more travel.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know they do enjoy going to games as well, so probably a lot of Friday night lights. There was a Friday coming up though, and I was like, shoot, why did we put this on a Friday night?
Speaker 1: People might be going to football games.
Speaker 3: But Ben and I, speaking of the kids, were working on something together because we thought it would be a good example for the kids of us coming together for others and showing that mom and dad can still work together and as a family, we're still going to give back and serve and something we're involved in at our church's Isaiah one to seventeen House, which is a foster house for kids that like an interim house, so if they are looking for placement. Sometimes kids have literally spent the night on the office floor of the caseworker at the CPS office, and that's not a place for a kid, especially in such a unstable time in their life. So there's a house that was built out in East Nashville in Isaiah one seventeen. House is a national organization, but this is the Nashville branch, and so it's a house where they can go and have have a home that with a room and they get a bag, get to fill up and there's a room full of items they can go around and collect and put in their bag so that when they show up at their foster house, you know Eddie'll show you too with the work he's done or share with people too. Sometimes they show up with just a plastic bag or nothing, and so this gives them a legit bag with some of their own things to start out with, and a good bed to sleep in at night, and you know caregivers that are there that can nurture them and anyway, there's funding that needs to go into that. So Ben and I are hosting a tee it Up for the Kids event at Top golf on Friday, September twenty sixth, so I'm sure there's gonna be a football game that night, but just inviting.
Speaker 1: People in Nashville.
Speaker 3: If you happen to live here, that could be something where you could give back. And well, I'll put the link in the show notes. Kat and I are going to be there at a bay with some Feeling Things podcast winners. We're bringing some teams because we got a sponsor for the event, Taylor Farm, so they're underwriting it. So everything from top Golf, they've covered that fee, so whatever people pay to play, and you know, you can either buy a whole bay. And I was thinking like it would be just be a cool thing for families or companies where you can do a company outing. It can be team bonding and you're giving back at the same time.
Speaker 4: Okay, have you pitches for us to do as a show yet or no? Because no, have we given up on that.
Speaker 3: I would know if everybody, I mean, I don't know, maybe it'll come up organically. It started, as you know, Ben and I wanted to do it, and then Cat and I thought, oh, because Taylor Farms got involved and I work with them.
Speaker 1: Taylor Farms is the underwriter the Salad company.
Speaker 3: And then Cat and I were thinking, because Taylor Farms with their sponsorship, you get three bays and they're bringing some employees that want to come participate, which I thought was cool because sometimes you can just give that they want to give and be involved, and so that was really special. They were like, well, we have extra space. So then Kat and I are like, oh, we'll fill that. We'll give away some spots on our Feeling Things podcast Instagram and they can bring a guest and yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I thought about Eddie. He may want to come because Foster Care.
Speaker 3: But I'll pitch it. Thank you, Morgan. I will pitch it and we'll see if maybe we do a shoe outing.
Speaker 2: I think you should pitch it because even if not, maybe there's a few of us that would want to go, because I'd go, okay, if I'm in town, I'll go, all right, I'll pitch it.
Speaker 3: So there's you can get either just a single pay to play slot and it includes a fat a buffet dinner and you know, if you do well, there's door prizes and different things. So it should be a fun night of fun and philanthropy. But I was thinking businesses are looking for team building at least I think they are, because you know, I want it for us, and that they could like bring the whole bring employees, and then as a company buying a bay that also is a write off, and you know one hundred percent of your money is going to help Isaiah in seventeen house, then it's like, oh bam, this is a no brainer way to do some team building and give back at the same time.
Speaker 4: And you do know with your ex husband, which is really good for your family, and that's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been very good for us because a year ago Ben and I were not in this place, like we weren't bad and we were coparenting well, but we were not like we are now.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is good. We'll go check that out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll put it in the show notes in here, so you guys can click on it and we're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with some more. Okay.
Speaker 4: So also the kids, we were talking about them a little bit in there, and they're back at school.
Speaker 2: This stashiras last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a senior, which is really really hard to process and also exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she starting to apply to things.
Speaker 1: Are we we're trying to figure out what she's gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean, she she is, and we're coming alongside whatever that looks like for her. She's done some college visits, she's thought about taking a year to try to figure it out, she's thought about Esthetician school, all.
Speaker 1: The things, all the things all floating right now, we are floating.
Speaker 3: But she has started the process of figuring out where to apply and how to apply.
Speaker 1: She's already applied for some scholarships. Okay, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Are you part of that process or is she kind of taking that over? No, we're part of it, but we I put a lot of it. I want her to be involved. I know that there's some parents that do absolutely nothing, which was mine, and I'm so confused, Like I didn't really know how to figure stuff out, but I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Looking back, I wish my parents were alive, because I really want to ask them. I'm like, what what was the process here? Because I remember feeling so lost and I finally figured it out. But I mean I just sort of applied. I only applied to one college and I didn't get in and so I was like, thanks for this, mom, Dad, you should have told me applied to multiple see what happens. I applied to one. Now my dad was there financially. I think that was sort of his thing. He was like, oh, I'm showing up financially, so I don't need to do anything else.
Speaker 1: And I think I.
Speaker 3: Would have much rather him been there in other ways than financial, but that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: Works through that in therapy. And then my mom.
Speaker 3: She my dad went to college, my mom didn't, and she was working full time, and I don't think she had the bandwidth. She was also very involved in like you know, she was in her HOA and you know, an elder at church, and she had other things going, yes, yes, and she worked full time. Sometimes when she would add president of this and treasurer of that on like.
Speaker 1: Mom, hello, you're like I exist.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think I didn't feel it wasn't a terrible neglect by any means, but that's something I've also worked there. It is just there were certain forms of like I just don't I think she just stayed busy to avoid certain things.
Speaker 1: And then some.
Speaker 3: Of that was like the little things or I could have used some of her She had skills being People would ask her, can you chair this?
Speaker 1: Can you be the president of this? Can you be the treasurer? You know?
Speaker 3: She she was very organized, and I'm like, I got to use some of that. So I didn't get into college. And I was explaining this sister share too, is that junior college is a great thing. If you want, you can use that all the way through. You can use it as a stepping stone and then get into a university.
Speaker 1: So that's what I did.
Speaker 3: I mean, I went to Blynn in Brian College Station my first year, and then then I reapplied to A and M because that's the only school I applied to. And then I got in no problem because I knew being there close by. I met with advisors and people at Blynn were used to kids coming there and wanting to get into A and M. So my advisor told me exactly what I needed to do. And then I was motivated because of like now I was.
Speaker 1: Like, what I didn't get in?
Speaker 3: Like this is no, and I was there was some there shouldn't have been, but naturally I was embarrassed because the one place I applied to I didn't get into and so I had that motivation and I did everything and then Boom got in right away.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's probably embarrassing because you didn't apply to other one, so you just thought like you just would get rejected by all of them instead of thinking, no, I could have got into one of them.
Speaker 2: I just only applied to one of.
Speaker 1: Them, exactly like I would have got in somewhere.
Speaker 3: I did apply to Texas University for some Texas State or University of Texas, University of Texas, Okay, because for some reason, I was obsessed with the Longhorns.
Speaker 4: Don't ask me why. Nobody in my family was a Longhorn fan. I think there's a part of me that just wanted to move away and not be in Kansas. And I had also applied to k State. It's so funny because I think, if I remember correctly, I do think I got accepted to Texas or it was either that I didn't fully apply. I can't remember what the process was because my memory is so shot, but I remember looking at the out of state tuition I was like, never.
Speaker 2: Mind, oh yeah, I can't go a lot.
Speaker 4: It was so much money because I'm fair to me just going into k state, which was still a lot of money. But when I looked at the comparison, I was like, there's why am I doing this? What is my actual reason for wanting to go to the Longhorns? Besides wanting to be a Longhorn?
Speaker 2: That was it. I had no real anything.
Speaker 3: For one, Yeah, it's probably not worth the out of state tuition if the driving factor is bevo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it was so crazy. So I yeah, and I don't know that. I think my parents guided me a little bit, but I think most of it was just like, hey, apply to college, Yeah, make sure you get it done, do some scholarships, and you just kind of do it and hope for the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm having a hand in it. I'm also letting her figure some stuff out, but I'm not like, oh, too busy over here. I'm just not even going to talk to you about it. But my mom was that way with everything. I mean, this is Tami, but like even girls stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like I.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, here's how you do this at this time of the month, and this was nothing I had to ask my friends. I remember in whatever grade it was or how old it was when it happened. My friend Kinsey, she showed me how to do everything, like and.
Speaker 2: Did your sister have the same experience too, Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very much. That my sister had to ask friends and we talk about it. I was thinking, I thought you were about to ask me. I was anticipated you saying, what about your sister? Could you go to her?
Speaker 1: By the when I became.
Speaker 3: A freshman, my sister was already in college, and then that's when stuff was happening for me.
Speaker 1: You know, like, wait, you're.
Speaker 4: Telling meff like like girl stuff like uh ant flow.
Speaker 2: I was in fourth grade when mine happened.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, that's definitely not me.
Speaker 2: That is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was going into high school.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay. So your guys' gap is four and a half years.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so she would have been gone.
Speaker 4: She already been focused on she had been there, done that, through all the stuff, and she was like, yeah, you're on your own.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I even tell her now, I'm like, well, thanks for the heads up. That mom doesn't say anything suddenly. I mean, my sister said she to go steal stuff out of my mom's bathroom because when because our mom didn't talk about it, it made us think this is weird to talk about our so whatever.
Speaker 1: So my sister never brought it up.
Speaker 3: She was just sneaking into my mom's bathroom and then my mom noticed that she was taking things. So my mom went to the store bought her stuff and then just stuck it in the cabinet. And so my sister went to like we shared a bathroom, went to our bathroom and said she opened up the cabinet one day and then there was product there. But then it was like okay, okay, thanks mom. But there was no discussion. So I didn't avoid it, avoid it.
Speaker 1: Not so avoid it's so weird.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a mix because it's not like she avoided everything, you know.
Speaker 2: But definitely certainly, but a lot.
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe where I get you know, tied up about it in my head or it just feels confusing, is because oh, my son, my son's calling, he must have just woken up.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Where it gets crazy in my head about that is later in life. I think, especially when she got sick, when she got cancer, she started to think about how she wanted to be and our relationship really started to change and we talked about so much more.
Speaker 1: But I was in my thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't experienced that.
Speaker 4: You also had to have your kids in I think a lot of things you've learned has really come with having the kids, So I would imagine you had more questions now than you would have had been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were some ms that I never thought of to ask. I just think we started talking about a lot more because I think she started realizing, oh shoot, I may be running out of time, so let's talk. And our relationship has started to get a lot better even before she got sick. But I was definitely I'd already moved out of the house and was married by the time all of that started to happen, and then I would have defined her as one of my best friends. So in speaking of I remember some of my best friends in high school always talking about how my mom like they enjoyed talking with her, and she would she was a good listener and offer a good advice.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 5: Like I have a vastly different experience I did, But it's almost isn't now that I think about it. It's just interesting because my mom wasn't she wasn't attached to.
Speaker 3: Them, so maybe she could open up more. But there was something about just avoiding. Who knows, maybe she was giving tampons to my friends, I'm telling them how to use it. I don't know, but she certainly wasn't inside our house. But I'm glad my mom what I'm glad my friends saw my mom as that and that they felt like they could talk to her about.
Speaker 1: Things, because I certainly didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe there's just some dissociation in the fact that, like you, it wasn't her kids, so she didn't feel yeah, some type of way about it for whatever reason, or you know, it's always crazy when you think about what gets passed down from generation, like what.
Speaker 3: Her her mom was like available for her at all, whatsoever. That's like me and stuff my mom would make sure. Yeah, we I don't remember having to fin for myself a lot, unless it was that time of the month. But like my mom growing up, that was like I don't know where my grandma was, maybe bowling, but my mom would said there were times she would just go in the kitchen and there wasn't anything to eat. She would have to try to figure out how to piece together some sort of a meal. And I know my grandma didn't talk to her about anything. My grandma didn't have much of an appetite. She was a chainsmoker, so I don't think food was okay. She likes to burn bread and milk.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: We didn't pass down the corn bread and milk or the dain smoking soap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did improve the generation progress. Oh okay, Well we're gonna take another break. Thank you for the inside. That was cool to learn about about your mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds so fun because you didn't talk about her, but then you're also learning about her in the same.
Speaker 3: Point, and how you want to show up diff for your kids. And sometimes I find myself behaving like my mom, and I have to be intentional.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. Don't do that. I think you're just being what was done to you. And guess what, you get to do it differently, So be different.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of intention behind that, and that's hard. All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: So really exciting things are happening over in my house right now. Exciting is probably the best way I can say it, because I'm trying to bring humor and light to not fun things.
Speaker 1: Well, it's your animals are keeping things interesting for you, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so Hazel has kidney damage of some kind. Now, I've only had her since she was about eight years old roughly, that was an estimate on her age. So she's already kind of a seenior cat when I got her, and she had quite a bit of neglect. She came from a one hundred and thirty cat hoarding situation, so who really knows what her life was like.
Speaker 1: So when they have cat hoarders like that, what is what is it? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I don't know what you know about like, so just what I've learned about cats, especially over time. One, most of the time, horders tend to have good intentions to start, Yes, they're like they want to save cats, they want to help them. Then it gets quickly overwhelming. One because cats reproduce at an insane rate, Like that's why you see a lot of feral cat colonies, especially because if they haven't been trapped and humanly released back to their colony to be like Spade and neutered. Because cats, like there was a huge statistic as soon as they turn like six months old, they can start having kittens, and their kittens can like double over just the course of a year. And so if you say you have five cats where you're taking care of them, you took them in with good intention, but you don't have the resources or money to spare neuter them.
Speaker 2: Over the course of a year, you're probably gonna triple that number.
Speaker 1: Because this is ignorance on my part.
Speaker 4: But so.
Speaker 3: A cat, like five kittens are born and some are boys and summer girls. Those cats, can the brother and sister make a baby?
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 1: I know they can, obviously they can't. I didn't.
Speaker 4: It's more it's not uncommon, okay, So I meant cats are just a different type of species and all of their breeding and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's definitely just interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess dogs that do.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is something I've not ever thought about, obviously, so I'm probably gonna google this later one.
Speaker 4: I think when you have like breeder actual breeder people, they don't. Of course, you have complications because it's no different than humans in the fact of like genetics and whatnot. But when they're out feral or they're in a situation that's in uncontrolled environment, anything can happen.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just guess I didn't know if, like you know, there was a certain scent that was like, oh, my brother, you're my sister. I'm not gonna do this.
Speaker 4: There could be there could be an ignorance for me there that I don't know. They're definitely couldn't ass so if there is, let us know, but I don't think so.
Speaker 3: So they are.
Speaker 2: Reproduction is just super high. It's the same for if you had feral dogs dunnies. Yes, yes, and you don't have.
Speaker 4: You just have more feral cat colonies than you do of any other domesticated animal for the most part. But so that's typically what you see happening in hoarding situations. They're well intentioned, don't have the resources, they don't get them spay or neuter. Then you reproduce and then you're just kind of stuck and it just keeps happening. Then you have fifteen to spaan neuterer versus five or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it just kind of the cyclopace.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Hazel is a part of that. And then now and so yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 4: For eight years, I should no idea what her life was like, or what food she was given, if she was given water or attiquette the adequate diet, even just was she getting fed dog food?
Speaker 2: Or was she getting food human food. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: So now we're definitely dealing with some kidney issues that I never would have known about until now. In all of this, and like what started as a kidney infection in Uti and E Coalie is all because she's basically not the throughing out the waste product that's in her kidney's which is not uncommon for cats, especially as they get older. And she's roughly around ten years old, so it's possible that this is just something that was going to happen in her aging. It's also a thing with her breed Siamese, so all of it was still possible regardless of her background. It's just it's more likely to happen quicker given you.
Speaker 2: Know her history.
Speaker 4: So now we just are she's probably gonna be on fluids for the rest of her life most likely. That's kind of what we're looking at. So IV's right now to help her flush and get her on a kickstart, and then I'll have to start doing SubQ fluid at home, which is a lot different than IVY. You just kind of stick it in the top of their back and it goes right under the skin and it helps them stay hydrated because when you keep the kidneys hydrated, it helps them moving and working properly as they should. Cats are also notorious for not drinking a lot of water, so that's why they always end up with kidney problems. Like why Vet was like, it's not a question of if, it's a question of when your cat will have kidney issues. Okay, So it is something to be like prepared for Maggie's drinking water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Wet food is so much better for cats than dry food because it gives the more hydration. That's the thing too, So it's definitely stuff to be aware of with cats.
Speaker 1: And Maggie won't eat wet food. I've tried.
Speaker 4: You can sprinkle, what I've learned, it's the transition with wet food. You can sprinkle on dry food on top of it and kind of coerce them into getting a little bit of both. Okay and the Yeah, cats are finicky about food anyways.
Speaker 3: Shows me if her food sits out for too long, she don't give her too much food. If there's too much food, she won't touch it, and then it's so it sits there even longer, so then she's definitely not going to touch it, so you have to, like sometimes when I have other people watching her if I'm out of town, I think because with a cat, you don't need to stop buy as much as you would a dog. So they're sort of like, oh, I'll just stop buy once a day, but I'll give her more food, and so I have to be very specific.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you can stop by one day.
Speaker 3: I don't care, but don't give her more food, thinking you're doing her a favor because it's just gonna end up sitting there because then it sits out and then she's just turned off by it.
Speaker 1: I don't it's so weird.
Speaker 2: She's like, don't feb me that, U peasant.
Speaker 1: I don't want that that much food. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's just there and then I don't know what it is about it, but then it sits there longer and then she's definitely not touching it. So then you have to just have to feed it to my dog because she'll eat whatever and then start over with a smaller batch and then she'll work her way through that.
Speaker 2: That's so funny they are.
Speaker 4: Cats are so much more finicky about food, which also makes it difficult on their organs. Because they love to be difficult and they're eating habits. There's also like, I don't know what kind of wet food you've tried with her, but there's like shredded meat wet food that you can give them, and that always they tend to like. Because cats are more they love to what's the word I'm looking for, They like to like go after prey.
Speaker 2: Cats are more like they have more activity in that.
Speaker 4: So something about shredded meat makes them have their li more wild instinct and it is better for them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is information that I just keep getting given and I'm just recurstating and I'm probably butchering some of it. So that's what's going on with her. And funny because I'm terrified of needles. So this will be a really good experience for both of us. Thankfully, I have my boyfriend who's very much prepared.
Speaker 1: And ready to help injust her Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she'll probably have to get him once or twice a week, and we can do it at home. I just have to kind of have the fluid bags ready whenever she needs it. So that'll likely be our course of action for the rest of her life and go from there.
Speaker 2: I think that's what's happening. And then Remy, we got.
Speaker 4: Blood work on her and hopefully by the time everybody hears this, I'll have results and know what's going on. But she's been shaking, she wasn't eating for me, she's drinking more water. It's just all signs of something going on. So hoping it's just a bug. But she's ten years old, so you know, we're getting to that age where things start happening. And I'm hoping though it's nothing, because if I have both of them with problems, I'm probably gonna just pass away.
Speaker 1: No, don't say that will not be good for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping for the best lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then my grandma fell and broke her hip, so she was in emergency surgery. Oh my gosh, it was When was that all within the same day? It all happened the exact same day?
Speaker 1: So, but how is she recovering?
Speaker 4: She's doing better, and she's before she even went in, she said that her pain was like a three, which was really awesome. And you know, when you break your hip, you'd expect to be in so much pain. But she's such a badass. My grandma like loves her life. She lives out on a farm, refuses to not be on that farm, and still to this day takes care of animals and.
Speaker 2: Lives her life.
Speaker 4: So I never see her not doing well and stuff like this because she's just so strong and very determined.
Speaker 2: So she's been doing really well with it. But it's hard. You know, as they get older, they definitely don't want to be in hospitals, and that's the harder part of all of it really. So we're just how old is she? I want to say, she's eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, she's getting it.
Speaker 2: She's I don't think she said her nineties yet. She might have My memory sucks, so but yeah, she's out there.
Speaker 3: Well I'm glad she's recovering, okay, And yeah, I mean a fall in your late eighties or nineties is you know, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: It's so significant, it's and it's so crazy because she's so with it. Like I'll call her and we have full blown conversations and she'll have spent the whole day outside working on the farm, and just it's crazy. I also think that's good for them, right, because when you are active and you're out and doing things, it's really good for your health to be not sedentary, so it is good for her, but it's definitely a worry with all of us out there. Yeah, like we're still an hour from her, even like my family that's in which is jab.
Speaker 1: Does she live alone? Oh gosh, yeah, she lives alone on a Yeah okay, goals.
Speaker 2: I know, and she loves it. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: I'll call and talk to him like are you doing okay? She's like, this is the best life. This is all I could have ever asked for. Like, this is what makes me happy, and I love it for her, But you know, it's concern for us. But she won't ever leave. We've accepted that because that's what makes her happy, and trying to put her in anywhere else will probably deteriorate her health.
Speaker 2: More than help it. So and she was the one who even called the ambulance for herself. Just crazy.
Speaker 4: But thankfully my aunt lives out by her, so that helps with you know, checking in on her right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's just tells you how self sufficient she is. Just like fell and I was like, uh, I need an ambulat.
Speaker 1: Her phone was close by your hip.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, so just crazy stuff happening.
Speaker 1: Rand and my dad. I hate My dad wore one of those little necklaces where he fell.
Speaker 2: That I need help.
Speaker 1: Then how an alarm would go off? He could press it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we got to that point. And I had an alarm on his bed too, to wear well. To be fair, when he moved in with me. He only lived in me for one night before he died, or before he got put into the hospital and went on life support.
Speaker 1: But I had an alarm on his bed. It's like a pad.
Speaker 3: So when he's laying there, I knew he was safe and in his bed, but the minute he got up, it would sound an alarm.
Speaker 1: And so that's how I.
Speaker 3: Knew he got up, and so I heard the alarm go off. But by the time I got in there, he had already fallen. And then that's I had to call. He could not have called the ambulance, but I did, and yees falling.
Speaker 1: He was very fragile, though he wasn't like as active as your grandma.
Speaker 2: So in general too, when you.
Speaker 4: Get older, it's crazy how much your bones just changed over time and how fragile they are.
Speaker 3: And that's why they encourage us now like now be thinking about your eighty year old self in your thirties and forties and fifties, because don't wait till later to be like, oh, okay, I'll start doing this. What can you do to build up your muscles now? To take care of and keep your bones? Especially women, taking care of our bones is crucial. So that's one reason why I got into pilates.
Speaker 1: As I saw some.
Speaker 3: Surgeon she worked predominantly on hips, like, did a lot of hip surgery, especially in elderly people, and she said the top thing I would recommend to people that are younger that are taking.
Speaker 1: Care of their eighty year old selves is pilates.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's when I thought, okay, I better sign up, and I got a membership and I started going regularly, and then I got out of the groove and I have not been going at all.
Speaker 1: So now the is there.
Speaker 3: This is reminding me I need to get back into you know something, or just even doing some of those plates exercises at home. It's like you have to be on the machine or the reformer to do it. Like there's plenty, and that's my thing. I think I like working out at home, or I guess at ebbs and flows. I go in and out of what's better for me. Yeah, but I need to remind myself this isn't for you. Now.
Speaker 1: Stop thinking about you. Now think if eighty year old you so when you fall, you're good.
Speaker 4: It is funny too, because even when I did those interviews with the Senior Living Community, Shirley was on and she's ninety one and she's so with it, you would never know that she's ninety one years old, and just her skin looks amazing.
Speaker 2: She looks great.
Speaker 4: And I had so many people comment on the video just like how is she ninety one? And her one thing was exercise. Every day I get up and move like no matter what, I get up and I move my body. And finally hearing from somebody like a legit piece instead of you, don't you hear the ones like I drink a coke every day and make sure you have some fried chicken or whatever, this is like real her be like, no, I feel good. I look good because I've been exercising every day for my life. Not just exercise that we think of like pilates and stuff, but just like literally moving your body because we live very sedentary lifestyles unfortunately, so hers was just get up and move. Stop sitting here, like even right now, go move. So it is really safe advice. I wish I could listen to it some days. Some days I'm really bad about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like you don't be hard on yourself. You're pretty active. But I think in those sedentary days at work where you have a lot of work and you have to sit, I guess what we could be more intentional with is hourly setting some more of some sort of a timer, as annoying or cheesy or ridiculous as it may sound, just getting up every hour and taking a lap around the building. I think that could be helpful because those days that, yes, I sit here, sometimes I leave here and it'll be you know, well into the afternoon and we've been here all morning and I've been sitting the entire time, and I'm like, wait what And I.
Speaker 4: Don't feel as good those days when my body isn't moving, and I know, I like, I'll look down, I've had a hundred steps just to get into the building or whatever. That's when I know, and I am not feeling great, and I'll get up in them I'm like, okay, I just needed to move the juices around in my body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on those days, you know you're going to have to be extra sedentary. Just maybe a challenge we could all have for ourselves is okay, No, I'm going to be sitting a lot today, So I'm going to get up and do a two minute walk every hour.
Speaker 1: Boom. That could help.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do that more.
Speaker 4: I'm also you'd be really proud of me I'm about to do after we get back from our vacations later, I'm going to be doing a whole detox with an integrative health specialist, trying to get rid of my long COVID and it's going to be brutal.
Speaker 2: She's like, I think we need an eight week cleanse for you.
Speaker 4: Just over the course of your life, you've had a lot of stuff happen and your body's taken the hit.
Speaker 2: And detox meaning I'm just going to be eating certain.
Speaker 4: Foods that are not inflammatory, and also I have to do an extended fast to help my body kind of reset its cells and put it into a routine that it can do that. So I'm a little nervous, but I'll be doing a lot of different things lot sauna, like an infrared sauna.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing red light therapy.
Speaker 4: I'll be doing doing grounding work, just a whole bunch lymphatic drainage, dry brushing, all of it. Hello, Yeah, fully try and reset my whole system because I've done ebbs and flows of all of those things. But she's like, there's something about a combination and the right combination of all of it to set your body up for success to actually drain stuff out of it. She's like, detoxes are harder than just you know, do a juice cleans and alcos away. That's not quite how it works. She's like, your body actually needs support to go through a detox because if you put your body into detox and you're not ready, it can be more harm than good.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm good. I'm glad you've got a doctor to guide you and be by your side through it all. Because I know the long COVID stuff has been.
Speaker 4: Really I'm like, you know what, eight weeks is nothing compared to having to experience fur to go again, So do it?
Speaker 2: Send me on it.
Speaker 1: I was at lunch yesterday with someone my friend chases in town, and we went to lunch with a girl that.
Speaker 3: Has mold in her body. She found it in her condo. She knew she felt unwell for months and couldn't figure out why. And then when she had a specialist come and they cut into her roof where there was this leak and there was black mold everywhere, and she had been and she's since moved out because they're gutting it and redoing it. But even just moving out, obviously she's done different things too to help detox. But she just feels so much better. But she's like, I never would have thought it was mold in my house. I mean, she was testing for all kinds of other things, and then when she did a specific test for like twenty one different toxins, there was three that were really bad and then one that was off the charts and it was part of the black mold. And so now she's on a a journey of just trying to heal her body. Oh, it's very similar to what you're going through. She's meeting with a doctor that's helping her do it, and she's already Yeah, she's already feeling a lot better, and she knows that there's light at the end of the tunnel. But I just hate that she's having to go through go through that, and there are so many people. Yeah, and they may not know because you don't know what's behind your.
Speaker 4: And it's so expensive, yes, to have mold and to have somebody one come in and diagnose it, to come in and fix it. You're completely regutting however big it is, or however fart spreads in your house. It's crazy that that is such a significant thing for so many people because mold. Like hearing you say that and talk about that, it is not the first time I've heard it. I've heard it from a whole lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it seems as though it takes.
Speaker 3: Unless you get lucky and find that you've, oh got mold, maybe this is it, and you go to a doctor and you get tested. Like it was months and months and months of her not knowing what was wrong with her, and she was feeling so and.
Speaker 1: She's a very active person.
Speaker 3: Also has a lot of different work that she was doing. She said, I would do like one work thing a day and then think, I don't know that I can do anymore.
Speaker 1: What is going on? And I'm used to being here, being there doing this, doing that. She's also something fun that she's doing right now. She's like, I'm so glad.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling better because I'm able to enjoy this season of work. As she's casting for the next season of The Bachelor. Oh, that is exciting, and she's meeting all the women and she said, there are so many amazing women that are auditioning, and she said, we're immediately vetting out. One thing that has been very clear from ABC is that we don't want people that are just trying to get on the show to be an influencer. If they're trying to build up their brand or just expose themselves, cut them immediately.
Speaker 1: We don't want them.
Speaker 3: And she's like, we are really getting quality, six cessful, awesome women that are truly just looking for love. And I'm like, well, then why are they going on this show? Because like really, And she said, one thing that is consistent from all of them is dating sucks.
Speaker 1: It's horrible.
Speaker 3: There is like why not we are having zero luck out here on the apps or in any other way or trying to meet some many in person, So why not shoot our shot and try to go have a fun experience on the Bachelor. It is true, but they have careers that are not dependent like a lot anyone she's passing through their careers are not dependent upon a social media following or fame, and that they're very just intelligent and kind and fill and frop Like She's like, what.
Speaker 1: Why are these girls single?
Speaker 3: And so now I'm like for a long for the first time in a long, long, long time, I think I'm gonna be excited to watch The Bachelor. So they're doing a complete overhaul of how they want the show, like it kind of got off track and they want to like.
Speaker 1: Take it back.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm might have to tune. And it's been since I was in the sorority house. I think that I watched the batchelor a long time.
Speaker 3: But she said it's a lot of fun and that there are so many amazing women out there. She's like, and she has no idea who the Bachelor is. She's like, it's it's difficult because I don't know who am I trying to match them with because she's not a part of that selection.
Speaker 1: She's only doing the girls. Oh yeah, I'm excited. I'll have to watch it, I know.
Speaker 4: And yes, dating does suck, so I feel for all of them. Yeah, all right, let's jump out if you're Amy, where can they find you? Hear you all the good stuff.
Speaker 3: At Radio Amy on Socials and Feeling Things podcast. Also that's the social handle and the podcast if you want to search forever. I have a ghost with my one of my best friends Cat. She's also a therapist, but it is not a replacement for therapy, and we don't just talk about therapy, although we must to talk about feelings. That's why it's called feeling things.
Speaker 1: We feel things.
Speaker 4: Feeling things is good and you can follow me at what Girl Morgan. My podcast is Take this personally. I had Scottie hasting On. He was a army veteran who was shot ten times in combat and it's a really important sorry. He has a cool collaboration with Lee Brice and Dolly Parton, so his life has changed drastically and it's cool to hear it.
Speaker 2: So and follow the show YouTube at Bobby Bone Show. All right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby Bone Show and follow at Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions.
Speaker 2: For next week's episode,