Speaker 1: Nothing, nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm about my process in my week this week against the Seahawks, and that's it.
Speaker 3: So how cool the field run off the Philly last week? Having all those Niner fans your name, that had to be kind of a cool moment for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean just the support that you get, you know, from the faithful, and when we go on the road games, even if it's East Coast, they show up and they're there, man all the way through. And so to be able to pull out a great win like that and then run off the field and have them still be there supporting all of our guys running out was was special for all of us.
Speaker 4: On your first touchout throw to Ba, was that right where you wanted it, where you knew he was gonna have to lay out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think we sort of we weren't necessarily both on the same page. I thought the defender blaken Ship was actually gonna try to undercut it, and uh then he ended up stopping. So I just led him to make sure and then be a sort of had to make a second effort to dive and get it.
Speaker 1: So it was a great play on him. So yeah, I probably could have been a little better on the throw, but he saved me on it.
Speaker 5: I was talking about Juwan Jennings yesterday and was saying that the only thing that holds him back is us basically, and then saying that you know it, with the rest of the supporting cast, he's just not gonna get the ball all that off, but that he's always ready and he's always dependable. And what's been your observation of him since you got here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I mean, he's so consistent.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: JJ brings so much juice and swagger to the team.
Speaker 2: Like when he catches the ball, man, everyone and he gets converts a first down, like everyone feeds off it, and you could see it. You know, he has fun playing the game in meetings around this place in the locker room like JJ is, he's got a he's got a different vibe.
Speaker 1: To him, and we all love it, you know, we feed off it.
Speaker 2: So for him to be able to get those balls like he did in the game, some crucial third down conversions, man, and then obviously the touchdown.
Speaker 1: Well worth it. Man, We love him.
Speaker 5: It was in the previous Seattle game he had one where it didn't look like it was possible that he would make the first down and I think he made maybe four eyes missed by the time. Do you recall that play? Did you get have a look at it or were you out on your back or something at the time.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I threw the ball and we all just watched and it's like all right, you sort of just see him make all these guys miss and keep going. But JJ has done that, you know, in multiple games dating back to the last two years. Like you get him the ball and he makes guys miss and finds a way to get a first down somehow, some way. But that dude's got some dog in him. He's got some fight and like I said, we all feed off it. And JJ just brings a lot of joy and drive and fire to this team more than people know.
Speaker 4: So he's touchdown in the last game that the Eagles game there. I don't know how aware are you of you know, when it puts is coming, how well it's picked up. I mean, is it just as simple as like, oh, I was able to get the ball off, which is great, or like when you go back and watch her, like wow, Christians stepped up and made this Pitz pick up and that was even better than I.
Speaker 2: Realized, Yeah, I mean, obviously we have a protection called and then you could start to see like there's you know, the covers, covers is hight, everyone's low. We know that I'm probably gonna be hot, so I know that Christian's is gonna get you know, the a gap here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be free with the guy off the edge.
Speaker 2: But it's putting that, you know, the trust and faith that the guys up front are all going to do their assimon get their guy. I know this guy on the edge is going to be free, So now I gotta put my trust in JJ, you know, in his route, and UH know that I probably don't have time for a hitch. I got a plant, do like a five plant, throw the ball. Everyone's doing their job and convert. So that's something that we've done since training camp. You know, we did that all throughout uh OTAs in camp with you know, drills on being hot, pass protections, all that kind of stuff. So and then it pays off on a on a crucial third down in Philadelphia a week thirteen.
Speaker 4: You know, so I think you wouldn't trust them before, but like how much does that trust grow in terms of like, you know, maybe week one, you believe it's gonna happen, but you know, now you have all these examples of it happening. How does trusted kind of everybody doing exactly the right to get the right time grow over the.
Speaker 2: Course of the Yeah, I mean, I think early on in the season, it's not that you have to knock off for us, but it's man, you got to play together. You got to learn how guys you know, move and and can pick things up, you know, especially with the guys up front. And then as the season goes, you start to feel like, all right, this is who we are, this is how my guys up front play, This is where I can step up in the pocket and then obviously trust them to you know, pick up stuff that's coming late, like blitzes and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So they've all done a great job throughout the year.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've all gotten better, you know, looking at the first game in Pittsburgh till now, we have gotten better, but you know, there's always still some areas where we can all be better. And it starts with myself, you know, pocket movements and stuff. But uh, yeah, definitely that trust and faith has gotten better, you know since game one, So I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: I love more than any other opponent.
Speaker 6: Now, what's your mindset when it comes to kind of a familiar pull like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, man, they got they got good players. You know, some really good dudes that have a lot of experience and stuff. Obviously with Bobby Wagner and then digs in the in the backfield in the second day, some boys that are playing corner that have got some experience now under the belts, and so for us, it's like, man, they can make plays, they're smart. They play a bend but don't break kind of defense, and so it's always a challenge when we play them every single time. It's not like, oh, we've beaten them, so we're just gonna walk in this game. It's not like that. Man, it's the NFL. They're a team right now who needs to win and so do we and it's going to be a dogfight like it always is. So we respect the heck out of Seattle, and anytime we play them, we know it's going to be it's always going to be a dogfight.
Speaker 1: So that's how we look at it.
Speaker 4: Do you think you're representing the organization will right now? Standing up there at the podium wearing a backwards hat.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, that's I guess that's who I am, and I think so.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some guys have told me in the locker room and stuff, but I don't buy in all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm just trying to play quarterback and win games.
Speaker 3: Wednesday and Thursday is when you guys typically install. Is that a surprise to you as far as the game planner you've seen it for the first time, or does Kyle consult with you on Monday and Tuesday about some of the things that maybe you want in the game plan that week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wednesday's usually my first day. You know.
Speaker 2: I'll go in and talk to him on the off days and just sort of get an idea of like what we're thinking. But then the first time I see the plays is on Wednesday, and you know, it's because they're doing all their studying and prep They want everything to be perfect for when we see it for the first time, you know.
Speaker 1: So you know, do I like it? Yeah? I mean I trust in them.
Speaker 2: I'd like them to prepare like as coaches and and give us the best game plan as possible, you know.
Speaker 1: So, but it's worked you know, since I've been here. So I throw the.
Speaker 6: Christian down the sideline on the little wheel route. Christian told me that that there was an adjustment made on that play between YouTube before. Can you kind of specify what you did and how much did the trust aspect work into that, because that that ball seemed to come out before he was even close to making his move against the line packer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean earlier in the game he ran a route that wasn't exactly that route, but a route that was similar, and he said, you know, once we get to that third down route that you're talking about, he said, I'm gonna set him up, you know, like I did on this last route and sort of go outside a little bit and then take it up.
Speaker 1: And so we had talked about it on the sideline.
Speaker 2: He's the one that came up and told me, you know what he expects, and I trusted him. And so once that third down came around, he made his move and then sure enough went up the field, got the back or to bite and it was a huge third down conversion.
Speaker 1: So that was props to him.
Speaker 4: Ron.
Speaker 7: You always talked about, you know, the process and been focusing on just the challenge of getting better or are you able to appreciate just how well you have played and are playing.
Speaker 1: You in a sense.
Speaker 2: But man, like I said before, like there's always there's so many areas I feel like I can get better really just with the within the operation of our offense, some reads being consistent, you know, Like I look at that last game and I look at the first you know, two drives, and it's like, man, you know, we you know, we're a couple plays away from you know, really having our foot on the gas pedal from the jump. And so that's where I'm hard on myself. And so I saw look at those things, and I always want to get better in that area. But at the same time, and playing in the NFL, winning some games, you do have to, I think, take a step back and be able to look at it and be thankful for what's going on. But obviously we have a bigger goal at mind, and that's where I have to you know, stay even killed and keep chipping forward.
Speaker 7: So how quickly are you aware of what you should have bet or could have done before you get there?
Speaker 6: And like after the play's gone, you're going to the bench to talk to coaches.
Speaker 7: How could we do you know where you could have done better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like in the heat of the moment, obviously, if something doesn't go our way or my way in terms of you know, my read, my throw, whatever it is, and I'm jogging off the field, it's like, I feel like I sort of have an idea of like where I was wrong. But I always love hearing, you know, feedback and stuff from Greasy you know, the h Sam and Brannon and then obviously Shanahan every once in a while he'll he'll chime in. But I feel like it's sort of a thing where as I'm jogging off, it's like, dude, you should have done this, you should have done that. But at the same time, you played four quarters for a reason. So I can't let it get to me. I have to, you know, learn from it quick and then make adjustments and then go try me to be successful the next time I'm on the field.
Speaker 7: So I appreciate your not pouring over your stats, but your stats like the franchises at Joe Montana and Steve Young and other guys, John Brody, I can tell you who that is.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I mean, you're you're on pace, you know, your numbers would set franchise records, and some of them would be like in the top twenty in about history, like passer rating reast tempted again. I know you're not like sweet, you know at this point, but considering where you were not that long ago to you know that type of stuff. Is it ever you ever like have a moment where you're like, dang, this is this is thretty wild?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess in a sense for me, man, I've always known that this whole thing, just.
Speaker 1: Life in itself, is just a process. You know.
Speaker 2: You can't just wake up one day and graduate high school and then be like, all, I'm gonna go play in the NFL in a couple of years. It's like, no, I have to go, you know, earn the respect for the guys in my college program. I gotta start, I gotta win games, I gotta get experience. Once I get to the NFL, there's a process of doing it all over again, and so I've just taken it one step at a time, and then once I get my opportunity, all I'm focused on is trying to play quarterback and win games for the Niners, and then all the other stuff, you know, sort of just happens as you go, so I don't wake up in the morning thinking I'm gonna do this or that. It's how can I be the best today? How can I handle my business, for the for the guys in the locker room, in this organization, and everything else sort of falls into place.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thanks guys.
Speaker 5: Great