Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can. Because, let's be honest, br in, earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That let's crush Earth school together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy pooh, apparently I cannot count. How are you?
Speaker 2: I want everyone just to take a seat, because I'm telling you my off is rubbed up. Today's a rare form.
Speaker 1: Account for shit.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: How are you doing? What's happening?
Speaker 2: I am? I am in it. I am in it my ouf like everybody else. This is what I'm noticing, and I want to bounce it off you.
Speaker 1: I bounce they're doing.
Speaker 2: I know it's gonna say my birthday, Elf, I know how you're doing it. I've had a great I have had a fabulous week coming off your birthday celebrating you ya.
Speaker 1: I know I had. I said, I had crab. It was fantastic, and I was like, baby, what do you want to do for your birthday? And I'm like, well, I bought us both a present because her birthday's five days before mine, and I bought us front row tickets to see Melissa Ethridge here in Santa Fe because that's what old lesbian should do. And so I'm falling quiet it is so I'm following the handbook and so I got to see that and she said, well what do I do? I said, I want to go to the crack and crab and I want to get like I want to be knee deep and elbow deep and butter and uh and and the end. So that's what we did.
Speaker 2: It was fabulous, well played, nicely done. I have a lot to learn from you, for sure. Okay, that's great. So I, on the other hand, am in a different place. So I've had the privilege of doing a couple of readings now that I'm off the road, and it's been great. And what I'm noticing. The trend I'm seeing is the stress level of incredibly high vibe, aware, accountable, energetically attuned people are under, are putting themselves under such a great deal of stress and tuning into the discourse and judging themselves harshly and setting really high expectations and making stressful situations worse by kind of their what they're focusing on, and the self talk and the self critical voice, and and you know, I'm assuming if I see this in a trend, I'm assuming that it's representative of you know, more than just the people that are coming to me. Like, it's just happening in the world. So are you experiencing that completely?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I think that's coming from so many places, right, I think it's coming from I think there's global stress. They're like global touch, yeah, right, but it's like it's there's earth stress on the earth. There's humans stressing each other, there's wars, right, So that's the global kind of stress. There's stress in our country. We have an election coming up. There's always stress during that time and a lot of chaos. I think that's happening. You know, through that, there's there's local community stress, and you know, economic and economic.
Speaker 2: And into relationships and speaking harshly and reacting quickly and or not engaging at all. Which creates space for people to spin out. And again, when people don't have information or communication that's clear, they make up their own information and it's never helpful, right, It's always negative, it's always critical.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry, I got to ask a question. Yeah, when we were talking about just months ago, nobody, no precise states exist in my in my orbits don't work.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, don't worry.
Speaker 1: But you were talking about how we are moving into Capricorn soon, and.
Speaker 2: We were talking about Pluto moving into Aquarius.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, what are we in now?
Speaker 2: We're still we are in Aquarius. That moved in in February, I believe, and it works out in September. It goes retrograde in September.
Speaker 1: Okay, So is it awesome that being in the runway of that? Does that cause anything? I'm only I'm asking for a friend in that friend nic so, but does that can that create I mean, I know there's events and whatever, but they can that create part of any of this? I'm just seriously asking.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't I don't think that's going to be affecting us right now. Because we are part of part of the community awareness that you know, these specific clients came forward with or the collective that is Pluto and Aquarius for sure. Oh okay, and that you know that we're sensitive to the collective like I want to be able to do more. I should be able to do more. I'm less than because I'm not, I'm not doing more, you know, sort of that kind of that kind of mantra can can kick up during this time, for sure. But what was interesting to me, and it could be, you know, just the stress and the exhaustion because these people are kind of burning it at both ends, both you know, for personal as well as professional or public or community oriented, is that they're judging themselves harshly and this is a kind of a new level of self induced stress. And when I talk about being kind to themselves, it's a yeah, but yeah, but it's still not getting done. Yeah, but it should be this. You know, I should be, I could be. I'm capable of I you know, I need to do more sort of mantra. And what comes through in each of these these consultations in different ways. But the thread is what I want to talk about today, which is where the title comes from. Right remembers you are loved the divine doesn't judge you as less than right. The divine is like you are perfection in every moment, and that's feels so far away from where we live. We wake up in the morning and we feel behind. We wake up in the morning, you know, it's like, oh God, what did I miss from yesterday?
Speaker 1: Or well, I think there's fight or flight to that is actually happening. And I tell you what's interesting, So you can imagine I run with a lot of like liberals, Democrats. You know, I have other people obviously that have different points of view in my life as well, but there's a large consortium of them, especially living in Santa Fe, and there's a lot of talk about, or has been a lot of talk leading up to now is people are like, well, what European country should I move to if Trump is reelected, which, by the way, the same conversation is happening on the other side of the political spectrum. It's like, if you know Kambala wins, what country am I going to move to? And I've been asked this brand no less than four times lately, literally four times, and he let me tell you my response. So it's really interesting. I didn't think about this until now. In fact, this was no pre talk. There's no preparation. My response is the same, and it is brief and it is to the point. And my response is I am not running away from this country because everybody I love is here m And that is my response. Yeah, and they all stop, draw, roll, rethink because I'm like, I don't know what you're going to get. I don't know how much richer you think your life is going to be without a single soul that you love around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not saying people shouldn't move if they want to move whatever. I'm just saying that my point of view is so it comes up to that you are loved and so it's weird, of course, because this is what I love about us, is you come up with a topic, we start talking like, oh shit, of course this is what we should be talking about, like these are the things that are happening in the world. Forgive me for interrupting you on that, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's up for you, right, And how many ways can we look at our life and say this is perfect, this is perfect. It's not at all what I expected, it's not at all what I planned for. I am ill prepared for this situation, and it's perfect and I'm going to be perfect in it. Somehow it's going to work and it's there will be something that's meaningful or purposeful in it, and I may be aware of it and I may never be aware of it, and I can still be okay with it. Like this is and it literally is a blind faith and what is possible if we live as though it were true? Because this is what's coming through in all these sessions. It's like, wait a minute, didn't this turn out? Yes? Didn't this turn out better than you planned? Yes? Didn't you get a blessing or an opening or that looked like this? Yes? Okay, So again, what was the problem? You know, it all turns out okay and better than okay, And holding the possibility like sometimes it's not about overefforting. Sometimes it's about allowing. It literally is going with the flow and creating space for the grace. And it sounds boring, it sounds like you're acquiescing, but it's really the opposite. It's how can you hold a bigger space well?
Speaker 1: And I think also for our literal people out in the world. So I'm going to tap into that side of me. Is I think sometimes when's i' let me put it a better way, I think it's contrast. And I think the contrast is on one side, things feel so heavy to people even when something good happens, that heaviness tends to outweigh for them when they don't stop and say, oh my god, this is great, you know, because I think contra I think I contrast is like always my word, because I think contrast is it's all about our perspective, our framing, whatever whatever we want to call it, our picture, our frame. And I think for people who things are working well for, there's these other things, is that they're letting way really heavy. So when I think about elections and wars, I'm gonna be really honest with you, Bran. I got no power. I got one vote and one person on one vote. I can be really nice talking to people about it if they want to talk about it. That's all the power I have. I have no control over wars, none whatsoever, right, I just I don't nobody, not one person here, not a single maybe a collective, but not one single does and so I can only participate to the level that I can and whatever it may be, and I can't carry it any heavy year.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to take some control and call a break.
Speaker 1: Fine, all right, okay, since you cut me off, I didn't come on and we're back, So hit it.
Speaker 2: Which So I read for one of women that I've read from many times, a very successful professional, and she comes in. She has a huge job, you know, a lot of responsibility, lots of stress, lots of rewards, but lots of stress. And she comes in stressed about her her tween daughter.
Speaker 1: That's reasonable.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time, right. So I've got this organization of you know, multi hundred you know, blah blah blah people and around the globe, and this is what I'm stressed about. And I can't control and I can't fix, and I can't control her experiences in the world. I can't control how she behaves in the world. And I'm you know, obviously it is an error in my parenting. And you know, all the things that are easy to spin out about. But when you when you like, okay, well, let's let's take a look at that, you know, and how are you energetically supporting her? And it's with all this doubt and all this stress that she has in her This the mom has in her head spinning out comes out. Now it's not direct, but it comes out sideways, right, So it's in a way that she's not like you wore that to school today, is not like that, but it's kind of like that right where she's yeah, it's close enough where it it comes out sideways. And she started laughing so hard when I just like, all I did was repeat back to her what she said to me, and she's like, oh my god, but there's not that space. There's not that taking a beat before she says it because her world's so busy like we all are, and just holding that sacred space to give her chance so she can see it without judgment and say, so you're telling me you said this to her, And she just stopped in her tracks and said, oh my god, I did say that to her, And no wonder if she flipped her ledge. You know, she just came on glue and she was able to laugh about it, and she was able to have compassion for herself and understanding completely why she intended it and said it, and also at the same moment understanding how unacceptable that was. And now her daughter should have rolled her eyes at her and dismissed her. And the the lightness that was somehow available to her in our conversation that wasn't available to her in her kitchen, you know, that previous morning or whenever that happened. But it was just this spaciousness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we foretell when we want to foretell bad things happening. Guess what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: Right. And then especially when your kid is either getting it from language or energy. That's the other thing parents, y'all. I know I'm not one. I'm one of those child as cat ladies that JD Vance doesn't like. But I'm just going to say it loud. Is that like kids, it's all energy. They know.
Speaker 2: It's like pets, it's all energy they know. Yeah, yeah, and so, but she could see it and she could feel it, but she did it with lightness. And what was interesting to me is in the next session, So the next reading I got to do, it was someone came in for strong focus on mediumship and the person that she was concerned about, who the spirit who passed over. She was like, Wow, she had kind of a traumatic this and that, and I'm worried that she land in a good place, and the spirit came through with, oh, those are all such earthly things, and yeah, they would be so important if I were embodied on earth. But when you watch your life review, you're watching it and it's all passed. It's not up for you energetically. It doesn't trigger you, it doesn't overwhelm you. It's just information that happened. It's not something that you have to be ashamed of. It's not something you have to judge. It's just like check, check check. I understand how that's going to fill my algorithm for my next life. This makes perfect sense. Thank you so much for this opportunity, and I'll be incorporating these lessons in this wisdom and preparing for the next time. Like it's just it's so easy. And she just kept saying it's so easy, and I never heard it talk about with such It's not detachment because it did happen, but it's so much awareness and compassion and grace. And it was such a comfort to this client who is so concerned about her you know, beloved friend. And so I share that that for people that also hold themselves to high standards, like what's going to happen during my life review, like I'm going to get screwed, you know, because I'm such a bad person because I missed all these A plus goals. It's not about that. It's really more about how you do what you actually do than what you do. So I just just knowing the grace that's going to hold you from the other side that is actually available now.
Speaker 1: It's available now, Like right, I think what's happening is that they're coming to you, and there's a divine reason why they are. It is for you to actually be that openness for them to see this and to understand this. Because again, I do believe that people are carrying around heavier weights right than we have before, Like on our shoulders. Our backpacks are full. Yeah, right, And so you're like saying, yeah, that backpack, actually you can make it a little more empty.
Speaker 2: It can be a little more spacious, yes, give it.
Speaker 1: You right, It's like we'll make some more room minutes so it's not so heavy. And you know, I had it's really interesting. In the last I'm going to say a week, I've had more people come to me with these interesting stories of openness. So I've had people call that have said to me, did you call me? Because I think I'm calling you back, and I'm like, no, I didn't call you. Yes, actually I think wanted to talk to me.
Speaker 2: You need to talk to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And actually the conversations are usually yeah, they needed to talk to me. I'm just gonna say it. It is what it is. I had a friend of mine who texted me about thirty minutes before we started recording. I love when this happens. This is my favorite like moments that happened. And she asked me. She goes, so is it possible for two people to be on the same astroplane at once? Because I just talked to my best friend and we shared the same story and they called it a dream fan about this, you know dream we both had last night down like to detail dialogue the whole thing. I said, oh, darling, it is absolutely possible. And did you forget pop Tart's chapter of my book It is all about the astro plane. And so she texts back, she you know, it's been you know, five years or six years since you read it. She goes, I need to go back and I need to be reminded. And she said, I need to be reminded of the magic. She goes, that's why I'm checking with you. I'm checking with you. You just like is this possible? Is this true? And it's like, yes, it is. And of course every time I get that type of message, it's like congratulations, Yeah, like that's amazing that you had that, and you had it today, like you had you you felt so compelled by your experience to share with your friend who also had the same one. So of course you met in the astral flame and so again another opening, right, that's another opening that this wonderful young woman was given to kind of shift right.
Speaker 2: Right, to stay connected to the other side. Just know that this life is bigger and more expansive than we could ever imagine. And there's so much support there, right, there's so much unconditional guidance and wisdom and healing and insight and yeah, so help us navigate.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had it last night. I got a call and it was all yeah, so I'm on the phone. It's you know, early mid evening, I guess, and I mean we like we went for like it was real work. He's like, Okay, I need to talk about the woo woo stuff. I'm like Okay, I wasn't expecting that, but okay, and he's like, you know, I have not meditated for about four years. He goes, I used to do it all the time. It was regular, and he used to actually meditate with his cousin who has since jumped, and so that could be part of the that that for him. But he said, you know, he goes, I meditated today. And he goes, and it was or last night, it had been the night before, and he goes, I had been looking out at the stars. He goes. Then I get into this meditation, and he goes, I see like I see a black hole. He goes, Then I see this little looks like a piece of paper has a star on it, and I can could move it around, left, right, backwards, all the stretch it whatever. It goes in all of a sudden, it like burst into I was surrounded by all stars. He goes, I've never experienced that in my life.
Speaker 2: That's the best, right.
Speaker 1: So it's like an opening, Yeah, another another opening opening to feel that that the world is so much bigger than buildings and cars and the cracking crab, even though that was a little religious for.
Speaker 3: Me, but but it's bigger it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Should we take another quickie?
Speaker 2: We should all.
Speaker 1: Right, quickie, y'all.
Speaker 3: I'll be back, and we're back everybody. It was quick for you, because it was for us.
Speaker 2: So one reason I wanted to bring this up my office because I would I saw that that paw and in my work schedule this week. But I also had a personal experience where I was running around taking care of things, you know, and it's whatever, It's not even eight o'clock in the morning. I'm like, oh my god, you have got to speak nicer to yourself. I think it was just this moment and I don't usually do this, but I had a number of things. Again, possibly other listeners have had this experience where you're not in control of things that are actually happening in your own house, where people are coming in to do different things and different schedules and not communicating, and you know, things are getting a little jacked and and I was like, oh my god, how am I going to get this done? And oh my god, you know, and spinning out. I was like, whoa, you have got to come down. You've just got to take it down a notch. And I'm laughing at myself while I'm noticing my ears by my shoulders, and I was like, oh my god, I'm embodying what I did all week long in these readings.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like it's a disease and you caught it exactly.
Speaker 2: It's an energetic pattern disease. Yeah, and which they all are, but so so. And the reason I bring this up is because it is something that we can monitor, that we notice that we set up signals to ourselves that says, you know, for some people it's grinding their teeth, for other people, it's how fast you speak or how fast you're moving, or for other people is if you snap at other people. Whatever it is to notice like, oh I'm repped, I'm caught in this wave and I need to set my own vibration. I need to set my own pace that I'm comfortable with faster, if I need to, slower, if I need to, And on any given day it can change. So finding that spaciousness within yourself and being able to match it and honor it and then pause when you can't drop a new grounding court, set a fresh rose up, whatever you need to do to align and reconnect with your highest that brings your best to the world. You can't rely on other people because they don't know you know, and you have to manage it.
Speaker 1: And if you're a snappy ass turtle and you actually do something, apologize because I actually did that last weekend. I like snapptist Suzanne and it was it was and I apologized to her and she goes, you know, it just caught me off guard because you normally she's like, you don't talk like that, you don't respond ever like that. I said, I'm just sorry, like I am sorry, Like it was just a few events had happened that kind of whatever threw me off and so so I mean, I was going to add to your self awareness is also it's worth an apology everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to yourself or someone else.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly like you were apologizing to yourself. I apologize to Suzanne exactly.
Speaker 2: I was mostly calling myself out like hey, hey, hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I had a very interesting variance, of course, and it's the expansiveness and it really to me embodies what we titled this episode. We have some gay boyfriends here in town that we absolutely adore. They do not take the place of Reuben and Jimmy, and they know that, and they were having a party for some friends of theirs from San Francisco, because our guys moved here from San Francisco about a year or so ago, year and a half maybe, And so they had us little get together and I was running in tad late to get there. We were having a thunderstorm. Susanna actually stayed home because Rebel was all shaky. Yeah, it's real, especially when they get older, like you just want to be with them, you know. And she's not good with thunder And so I went by myself there. I walked in, said hello to a few people that I didn't know, and here walks this man and his name is a Neil and Anil. His family moved to the Bay Area when he was eight from India. His father had a really cool job. He talked about how much he loved his mother. I mean, he's like a dream. But when he come when he came up to me, he kind of went out to shake my hand as like you know, you're a stranger, and he pulled it back and he reached out and hugged me and pulled me in. Now, let me tell you something. Those who know me know that hugging is my love language.
Speaker 2: That's real.
Speaker 1: It is very real. I've been upped this man. When he hugged me, I felt like the chills go through my body, and that really like when you get a massage, you know, and it's like ah and you're just like kind of melt. I melted in this man's arm. I did. I melted in his arms and like I full ondon onet let go, and neither did he. It was like this. I mean, if other people were watching, they may or may not have been. I didn't take it. I didn't actually have a questionnaire, didn't just survey, but it was probably a nobody's been go card. But we stood and hug for quite a while. I have no idea how long it was, but it was a while. But it felt angelic. It felt like it felt like unconditional love. It felt like something that you would see in a movie but not feel yourself, but you know the other person was feeling it. Yep, And I was like whoa And I looked at him. I said, I'm not going to ask who are you? What are you? And I'm like, you know, it was so genuine and he looked at me, he goes, what do you mean? I said, I don't like, I don't know how to respond to your presence. It's so heavenly. And so we sat down. He throws pottery. I've thrown a few myselfs. We had this really great conversation. We talked about crystals, you know, I gave all right and well. And also because of he's of Indian descent, we talked about the Himalayas. We talked about the Mayroom Mountains, which are also called the Shark fin which he obviously knew about. I gave him my may Room. Oh no, like magic. And we've been texting all day, like I think I have a very healthy, angelic crush on this man. And I couldn't stop talking about him. To Susanne. I'm like, honey, you have to meet him. I'm like, he's exquisite. And but what he has done for me in this time of great earthly discord, dismay, frustration, fires, floods, wars, is that he reminded me of what spiritual love feels like.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and it's always available.
Speaker 1: And it's always available. And plus I ask if I could steal him, and he said maybe his husband would let me bar him. I said, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd clone you whatever, But even when I see his name come up on my phone, I feel that I'd like, it's right, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: So I just think it's it's so magical when you have these things you want to talk about when I literally experienced something and I don't think I ever would have known to frame it the way that you did and to bring it in the way that you did. So thank you because I I mean, I'm a girl that thinks we should all hug more anyway, I really do, Like I love the woman who had the gay kid and she started free mom hugs. I'm like, why did I do that? Damn it? I could have been hugging every day all day smart anyway, It's just a really beautiful reminder and a really chaotic time for people that you know, the other sides available to you, your guides, other humans, your own self talk, and there's just.
Speaker 2: More, more, more love. It is so much kinder. There's so much kindness in the world, and you can contribute, like like the saying said, start in your own backyard.
Speaker 1: Can you hunt down this guy named Anil too if you really want to, or just say, what would a Neil do?
Speaker 2: How can they and kneel myself.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, how can I and kneel heal myself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like it because he was because I know, listen, I'm obviously obsessed with this man. I know that like he felt it because I texted him. I'm like, sweetheart, I have no idea what you are, but I can only tell you that your magical. And he goes, I feel the exact same about you. So it was like this, I love it, lovely clash of like heavenly experiences.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we got it, and I just really challenge people to become it.
Speaker 1: Yes, becoming you know, be.
Speaker 2: The conduit, vibe it out to your the people you cohabitate with, to the world, to the people you work with, everybody like just but you can't fake it. You can't give it away if you can't claim it for yourself.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: And that's the beautiful thing about it. It's not a catch, like, it's not trying to catch you to trick you. It's literally an invitation for self care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you do you prior you might have felt that your guest tank was empty, and all of a sudden, one thing, that tank is full, exactly, whether it is realizing out loud what I said to my kid, you know, or realizing the self talk like you talked about, or finding this magical Indian man name and Neil.
Speaker 2: I like your's the best way.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could very well just go fly to San Francisco monthly now for Joseph and Neil. I think I'm going to figure it out somehow.
Speaker 2: But I have no doubt you will find this.
Speaker 1: No, no, I will.
Speaker 2: So thanks for listening to everybody, and remember her school is hard.
Speaker 1: And we really really mean this, y'all without the other Side, so keep it in your life.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks everybody, Thank you for joining us. Everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at Vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, we want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember our school is hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app. Spotify, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.