Speaker 1: This Q and A episode is presented by Hyundai. Hey there, Fana Ritos, Welcome back to How Rude Tana Ritos.
Speaker 2: Back by popular demand, we are doing another fan Q and A. It's been amazing to meet so many of you in answer the questions you have for us, so we will jump at any opportunity to do these q and as. We absolutely love them, and we're bringing three fans onto the podcast today and answering. They're hard hitting, full house questions face to face, while I also lose my voice, it's not getting at once.
Speaker 1: Plus, we have some bonus questions that we'll be answering from our Instagram post, so stay tuned to see if your question gets answered. Now let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show. Caitlin, we all managed it, yay, look at us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I did it. I've managed to weasel my way in here finally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so excited.
Speaker 1: Wait are you the Caitlin that we met in ninety at nineties con and Larkin Kate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, I love it. Welcome to the pod. You finally made it so much.
Speaker 5: This is unbelievable. I'm like freaking out. I'm shaking the whole nine really.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're easy. We're easy, we're you know, we don't bite. We'll screw this up somehow, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this is the.
Speaker 2: Bar for this is like, it's just it's us trying to not blow it significantly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You're fine.
Speaker 3: Just have fun. We're here, get it, we're enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nowhere.
Speaker 4: Where are you based?
Speaker 2: Where are you from?
Speaker 1: What states? Live in Orlando, Florida? Okay, so we met you at the Florida nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Florida in Tampa, so not too terribly far away from me, all right, And.
Speaker 1: You're a Beatles fan. I can see behind you all of your Beetles stuff and your full house swag.
Speaker 3: You know. My younger orter is actually named after the Beatles Beatrix. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You actually told me that her birth announcement was the bass drum.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: We have little pins made that instead of it saying like Ludwig the drum kit, you know, it says lovely little Beatrix on it. So yeah, we have those. She has an actual little drum head in her room too, so that's awesome.
Speaker 5: I don't know, well, you can't see it because I have strategically placed other accrou trement over here sit in the background. But I do have a Paul McCartney Hoffner base back there and all kinds of awesome and.
Speaker 4: Stuff like that. I'm a DJ on the Beatles channel.
Speaker 2: So oh my god. Well, then I'm sure that my my younger daughter's dad, my ex husband Morty uh listens, probably listens to you, because oh.
Speaker 5: My god, I can't even fathom that he is obsessed with the Beatles, like obsessed hence Beatrix. So yeah, Well when I saw you guys in saw Jeff Franklin and I told him what I did. He was like, oh, I saw the Beatles in nineteen sixty five at the Bowl, and I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like, right, amaz.
Speaker 2: So cool, so cool. Well, this has now turned into a Beatles podcast, so everyone, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: It's been a hard day's night. We actually did use the song.
Speaker 2: Help before on the show, so that's our Beatles tie in because everything goes back to the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this isn't actually going to be on this part, is it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, every sign cal you're on, we should have probably told you that.
Speaker 1: But well, we are unedited, we're unfiltered.
Speaker 2: And man, this is the thing.
Speaker 3: We just go we just step right off the ledge and we just go. There's no safety net at all.
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yeah, Dang's here's the thing.
Speaker 2: So far, you've been just endearing, hilarious, wonderful. You haven't said anything that you that you should regret.
Speaker 4: So you're gossome.
Speaker 1: You're part of the she wolf pack.
Speaker 2: Now welcome.
Speaker 4: Ye stop it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the best thing you guys could say.
Speaker 3: You know, now that you know you're on a podcast.
Speaker 2: Uh did you Well, I'd love to hear what your question was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, actually this whole thing is pretty funny because I am actually here kind of as a understudy. So my very good friend Jennifer was actually picked on Instagram. It was her question that she was going to ask now because adulting sucks and nobody really wants to do that.
Speaker 4: She had to go to work and she's like, oh my god, I don't know what I'm gonna do, and I'm like, can I step in? Can this happen?
Speaker 2: You're like, I look, I mean, I it's a little bit of an inconvenience, but I'll do what I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, she's I mean, she's so upset that she can't be here. She sends her love and all that kind.
Speaker 2: Of suff Well, right back, yeah, she hadn't worked, Jennifer, But we're glad you have a job, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's something to celebrate. Yes, So what's Jennifer's question via Caitlyn Larkin?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, sup, I love when you do that. It gets me every time.
Speaker 5: So Jen's question is what plot holds and inconsistencies bother you the most, Jennifers is Kimmy's ever changing family members, while mine personally is Uncle Jesse graduating high school but and going to his ten year reunion, only till later it be discovered that he was a high school dropout.
Speaker 2: Oh, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Gotten to that yet.
Speaker 2: We haven't got it yet. Yeah, I was like, he was tell me more.
Speaker 3: No, yeah again.
Speaker 2: Our knowledge of the show stops at what season three, episode seven are early reviewing?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what plot?
Speaker 3: God, there's so many. I'm like, I don't know, it's just well, I'll take one.
Speaker 1: The one that Jennifer mentioned was a Jennifer's Jennifer's favorite plot hoole inconsistency. Okay, yeah, Kimmy's siblings, which started out Kimmy had three sisters in the pilot.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I have to like verify you're like our friends, right, please tell us you okay, we had three sisters in the pilot.
Speaker 2: Oh I am your Phona fan Phona fan. Oh great, okay, oh good?
Speaker 1: And then later Garth hasn't appeared yet on in season one, two or three, I don't know when he comes, but later on he doesn't.
Speaker 5: Garth Garth never makes an appearance. No, no, he doesn't make it appearance.
Speaker 4: We know he doesn't make it appearance.
Speaker 2: But even we.
Speaker 5: First mentioned him, he gets mentioned during the wild Thing episode with the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's that's a few seasons way later, because they gave him thirteen and season three.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe he was adopted.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was adopted, maybe he was like maybe the Gibblers took him in as an older teenager. Maybe the Gibblers. Here's the thing, maybe the Gibblers were a foster family and so they had a lot of kids coming in out. But they all they call them, you know, siblings to really create a family dynamic. So maybe, uh, that's what it was. Although I do think maybe the Ostrich might have prevented them from becoming a foster family.
Speaker 3: Although you know, who knows.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a much better theory than the real story, which is not even a real story. But so, no, no, when we were doing Fuller House, I was called you, Felicity, yelling you Felicity, Jody, I need more coffee.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So when we went in to shoot Fuller House and they were going to introduce the character of Jimmy Gibbling, they said it, We're so excited, We're gonna Jimmy Gibbler. And I'm like, guys, no, the fans are going to lord this over me. I'm gonna get questions, I'm gonna get dms, I'm gonna get emails for the rest of my life if you name him anything other than Garth.
Speaker 2: And they're like, well, no, we like Jimmy and Cummy. We like the rhyming part of it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, here we go, and I'm still hearing about it. I'm still hearing about it and I will.
Speaker 3: But was Garth?
Speaker 2: I thought Garth was older because we mentioned him in the well, we mentioned Garth in the episode where We're Chained Together?
Speaker 3: Are you were you? And we do mention him.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, But he's often like Reno or something so he's obviously older. He's older, So Jimmy was younger though, because Jimmy's younger than me. Oh so Jimmy, Jimmy is a is a baby and does not replace Garth. But we don't know what happened to Garth. Maybe he went to Reno and never came back, and he's a degenerate gambler. I don't know there anything could be possible in the Gibbler family. I'm saying, I'm surprised that I've been able to make this connection.
Speaker 3: And this is where.
Speaker 1: We're well, because you married into the fam, you married into the Gibbler.
Speaker 3: Family family I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so you have to know the family lore and the family.
Speaker 2: You know, Garth wasn't invited, so obviously there's you know, there's a strange tensions.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, he's down in the bunker with the Gibbler parents right right, and Jimmy's RV. So yeah, it's a it's a revolving door.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like, you know, a failure to launch across the board really with all the kids. But yeah, yes, but you know, the Gibblers were a mess, so expected preach.
Speaker 3: The kitlin.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was an answer, but it was certainly a strange tangent.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, do you have one, Jody, do you have a plot inconsistency that.
Speaker 2: There's so many? I mean, my biggest one seems to be the like, weird lack of connection between Jesse's family and Danny's family, particularly at the beginning of the show. Okay, because it's not like we were even a couple of seasons in where you'd kind of forgotten that, like, oh, the mom just died and the mom was your sister and your wife, so like you are, you're literally his brother in law and you mention it all the time. Yeah, like it That to me was like the biggest.
Speaker 3: Kind of weird Wait, what is just the family?
Speaker 2: Everything else in the family dynamics of the cast felt so genuine, and then it just left me with a lot of questions besides the fact of where did old Grandmaco?
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, well, and and then when Nick and Irene show up, it's rarely mentioned that, oh, hey, your daughter passed away.
Speaker 4: It's all about what I'm sick in.
Speaker 2: His misogyny and Irene yat it's rarely mentioned that they also doing And I'm like dude, your kids was just killed in an accident. It's terrible. Well, you know, meanwhile, he's like, make me a sandwich.
Speaker 4: And after Jesse and get married, you never see him again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we don't see them after Becky and Jesse get married.
Speaker 4: There, so they're only really in season two.
Speaker 5: You're not going to see them again until Jesse and Becky's wedding, and then they're never on the show again, which always bothers the Toil because you name one of their grandsons.
Speaker 4: Right, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, Wow, this is they move, This is terrible.
Speaker 3: Back to Greece, which very Papooli.
Speaker 2: They just never come back, very but right to Bury, Yeah, to go be with Papuli's family, that was right, right, or obviously back to New York where they seem to be from with their accents, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm like, okay, so the.
Speaker 2: Kids, the kids are like half Italian and Greek, so this may that now I know why I can so easily. Yeah, you know, the Sun just loves me. But I mean, I don't know anyway that thing is. It just seems like a weird disconnect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, sure, I can't think of any other plot inconsistencies, but I'm sure we'll come across.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there are so.
Speaker 3: Many you guys are in for a treat.
Speaker 2: Oh good Gray, And I just want to.
Speaker 5: Say on behalf of all the faner ritos while I'm here and have this opportunity. Just it means so much that you guys are you know, doing this and taking that trip back and watching all these because you know, a lot of us felt like we grew up with you anyway, and it's like, oh, yeah, you know they're my besties. Like this is the episode of Beach Boy Bingo where you guys are all just hanging out in the living room with the Beach Boys and Jesse goes, hey, you guys want to see my room.
Speaker 4: That's totally what's happening with me right now.
Speaker 1: So it's so much I love it.
Speaker 4: Well, it really does.
Speaker 5: Doing this and sharing those behind the scenes stories and you know other things like that and all the other inside jokes with us now makes it feel even more like a family, you know, like watching the show back on you know, well.
Speaker 4: DJ's upset, DJ's upset.
Speaker 1: You know J's upset, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it turns.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, I mean it's wild.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for the merch.
Speaker 1: By the way, we just we were talking about it.
Speaker 3: Was literally well, thanks universe, thank you.
Speaker 2: I guess now that's the same the thing the sign, because we were literally talking about it earlier today.
Speaker 3: So kay Lynn Larkin, thank you for Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what should do for year two of the podcast? And let's do merche, let's do ba.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to coffee coffee coffee. Okay, coffee coffee, coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the joke's gotta work.
Speaker 4: My spread Guard two thousand and one shirt, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Last time I saw you, guys, I was wearing Rigby as a ripoff, so I want to yes.
Speaker 3: Rigby rip up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's terrifying one. I forgot we even have that to come to.
Speaker 3: Oh god, oh god.
Speaker 1: Shirt. Please wear a different shirt every time we see you, tees, wear a different shirt.
Speaker 4: Okay, done, I have a miss.
Speaker 2: I thought it.
Speaker 4: The rippers. We're good, yes, love it, can't wait.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully we will be adding to some of those T shirts with some ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Merch ideas that we have for the podcast. So I'm ready already, Well, Andrea, shall we on the count of three, one, two three again. Yeah, it's very hard.
Speaker 2: The timing is it's not great over zoom, but we do our best, so we do.
Speaker 1: We nailed it.
Speaker 4: It was perfect though. Music tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's better if it's not good, which is also the log line of our podcast, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Okay. That's going on a T shirt.
Speaker 2: With that on. Well, thank you so much for joining us, Kaitlin. Tell Jennifer we are so sorry that we missed her. But it was a great question and we had so much fun having you on the show.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys so much, and keep doing what you're doing. And I hope to see you guys at another convention in Florida sometime soon.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 2: I mean we might just be able to do that, so we'll see awesome. Sounds good, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Thanks.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 3: Oh she's so fun.
Speaker 2: I love so great, like recognizing fans that we've seen at these cons that we've seen it a couple ones or that like have come up to us and Ben so I can't tell you. I mean when you weren't at the last con, I just kept texting you. I was like, oh my god, we're getting so many fan of Ritos that are coming through the line, like it was really really fun. So it's so great to hear that people are enjoying yes, ridiculousness that we do.
Speaker 1: And I love that our relationship with the Fanarritos and Caitlyn just sort of touched on this. It's a very symbiotic relationship, like they love hearing the stories, like they grew up with us, and we're like, we need fact checkers, Like right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Fact check what was happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like someone told us a timeline because we're we're kind of new.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're we're basically we're.
Speaker 3: New Full House fans.
Speaker 2: We're new to the the subreddit thread or whatever. Yeah, we need we you know, we're just dipping our toe in and we're we're only in season three, so please be patient with us. We're just learning, uh, you know.
Speaker 4: What the world of Full House is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's a journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am here for it. And it's again confusing because plot holes, things that just go away or don't happen, or happened but then didn't or never to be seen again. It's kind of yeah, right, it's a little little gaslighting of the audience. You know what I mean you're like, hey, this is a stick. No never mind, what what do you mean that didn't happen? Yeah a little bit?
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: All right, well shall we take our next fabulous caller of the day. Our next call of the day is Sarah Hi.
Speaker 1: Sarah Hi, Hi, say Hi, welcome to How Rude.
Speaker 6: Thank you so nice to meet you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks, tell me you too.
Speaker 2: Tell us where you're from.
Speaker 7: I'm from New Jersey, so I'm on the East coast.
Speaker 4: So it's like twenty is right now, we're here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, So what you're saying is you've had enough coffee, whereas we probably haven't.
Speaker 6: Yes, I had my lunch and my coffee. We're all get to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in good shape. We're struggling.
Speaker 2: I'm on the tail end of my like six a m coffee so.
Speaker 4: We need to fill it.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: Seriously, well, thank you so much for coming on the show. It is what we love getting to see our I mean, you know, because we do our things over zoom, we get to see our tan rito's faces, even though some people might just be getting to listen to it, but we get the lovely privilege of seeing our fan Rito's faces. So, Sarah, it is so wonderful to see you and know what is your question for me and ab today? Okay, what you get?
Speaker 7: I think I've watched Full House probably like a good three times, the beginning all the way to the end. Once it's like a little little kid. I had every DVD. Then when I hit puberty and now as an adult, and each time I've watched it, I've gained new perspectives on it. So I'm actually a teacher. So my question for you is, as a teacher, what is one episode you would want every child to watch?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can think of two.
Speaker 1: I do you teach elementary school age?
Speaker 2: I teach kindergarten in first grade, so I have that was that was I wanted to teach first or second grade. That was what my my undergrad degree is in is elementary and I yeah, I wanted to do the little ones, but sometimes you don't get to pick and then they become middle schoolers now. But yeah, but the little ones, Oh, gosh, one episode that I want. I mean I can think right off the bat, the Duckface episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we just we just did that one a few weeks ago. But that's such a good message about treat others with kindness.
Speaker 2: And again, it like that one, watching it, like you said, as an adult and getting kind of a different perspective, like that one actually kind of made me tear up because I just saw, you know, I just saw so much of who I am today in that bit of Steph.
Speaker 3: And I'm just.
Speaker 2: Really proud that, like maybe that episode got to be an example to somebody of how to be that way and how to stand up for people and you know, and that we're not all perfect and that sometimes we can you know, be mean, but then you go back and you make it right. And I just loved the message of that episode and I love you know. Again he comes back in some future episodes, so like that'll be fun to see that too.
Speaker 3: But that was a really important one. And I'd say, the.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Stephan, he's been sticking up for the underdog since nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I was gonna say this doesn't apply to elementary school.
Speaker 4: It's more like the high school set.
Speaker 1: But the episode where Kimmy gets drunk at a frat party and tries to drive home right and DJ stops her and takes her keys and they fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great a really great one. Yeah, for high schoolers to watch or middle school you know whatever age, whatever age is appropriate. But yeah, that's a that's a great message that you hammer home to even adults. It does.
Speaker 2: I guess it doesn't matter what age. Anybody could learn from that one.
Speaker 1: Was just like, hey, if you're gonna have a drink, be responsible, give your keys to somebody else. Yeah, that's a that's a good one.
Speaker 2: And the child.
Speaker 3: Abuse episode, that's the one I wrote down.
Speaker 7: I had that Silent Ones folded and Stephanie's wild ride with the car.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say the car one too. Yeah, yeah, yeah, kids getting in cars and doing stupid. Yeah, that's always a good lesson to learn.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen those. I'm excited to watch them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me and Gia we go. And then again the guys getting an accident.
Speaker 1: Oh of course it's Gea. It's always Gia.
Speaker 2: Trying to get me to park illegally get in a wild, dangerous car.
Speaker 1: Now, and what about the there's an episode. I think it's the earthquake one.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say the earth quakepe stuff.
Speaker 1: Struggles and goes to therapy. Is that yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another important message there. That's I thought that was a super important one because like we didn't I mean, thinking back on it, like therapy wasn't like a you know, it wasn't like it is now where like a lot of people are a lot more in tune to therapy or what you know. It was kind of a like, oh wow, like stuff's really struggling. But like, again, what a great message that, Hey, sometimes something really scary happens and you need to talk to somebody and that's okay. You know again, I just we watched this show and I'm like, wow, we've taught some really good little lessons.
Speaker 1: We did a good job.
Speaker 6: You guys certainly did.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think part of the reason why I wanted to become a teacher was because of some of the episodes on your show. And I'm twenty four, so this came out, Like I watched it way after premiered, and it's really such a generational TV show, Like I can't wait to show my future children the show because there's so much to be learned from just watching all of you.
Speaker 1: Wow, TV, thank you, thank you. What a what a wonderful compliment. Yeah, okay, so you're what were your two? Did you have two? Silence is not golden? Was there another one?
Speaker 4: With the car Stephanie's wild drive?
Speaker 1: Oh this stuff she said, Okay, okay, yeah, gosh, yeah, deserve so many good lessons. I'm eager to And it's not like it's just a very special episode. It's like these were woven into the storylines, according to the girls, milestones and ages. Yeah, it was. It was patting ourselves on the back, right, Yeah, we had really will pat.
Speaker 2: Jeff on the back. We had That's true.
Speaker 4: That's sure.
Speaker 2: Our writers and Jeff right, yeah, we we just were there, but but we brought it to life and we and I think also it was brought to life because the writers listened to us and because.
Speaker 3: You know, they asked our families.
Speaker 2: I get like, you know, Jeff's talked about like I talk to the moms, Hey, what's going on in their lives, like what's kind of the what's the thing going on with you know, elementary school kids or middle school And then they listened, you know, and that was super important. And so I'm always excited to see and meet fans who say like that made a difference because they did see themselves reflected in what they were watching, and that's that's great.
Speaker 1: I love this. I'm I'm so glad, Sarah that you're here. I'm so glad you're a teacher. We have teacher representation on this podcast. Yes, I am so grateful to all teachers in this world for you. You work so hard, you never get paid enough, you never get enough kudos, and you guys are are affecting the generations to come, and I appreciate all of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, teaching is only getting harder and harder, and you are You're doing so much.
Speaker 3: So we appreciate you all the teachers out there. Thank you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, well absolutely, Sarah, so nice to me.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, thanks for coming on today and asking such a great question.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate it. Cors, have a wonderful rest of the new after you do well.
Speaker 4: Thank you bye bye. Oh that was so sweet.
Speaker 2: Sweet, that was a good That was a great question.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, it's not all just silly. The jokes have to work, you know, turtles and bag it's it's you know, there's some deep lessons in FULLD Home.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mixed, yeah, I you know, well you got to mix in turtles and bags with serious things because got a lightens. Yeah, exactly, ridiculousness is necessary. Well, I love that. I love hearing. I mean, and the fact that, like she said, she's twenty four. She's like, this was something that I watched years after it had originally been on. So that's it kind of blew my mind.
Speaker 1: That's wild that she didn't watch it in the original run.
Speaker 2: Ye, I mean most I'd say, like a lot of people didn't did not watch the original run, you know, and came to it through Naked Night or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I think we have one more caller, Yeah, Okaya, Yarah or Carra. We'll find out.
Speaker 3: We'll find out.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, is it Kara? Is it Kara or Carra?
Speaker 8: It's actually Kara, but my mom says I say my name wrong, So you know, either way, it's fine with.
Speaker 2: Me, got it.
Speaker 1: God, That's what I say about Andrea, Like, if you call me Andrea, I'm not gonna complain, So it's fine anything.
Speaker 2: Does I always correct people? It's Andrea.
Speaker 3: It's Andrea. No are for Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: So Sokara, Kara, thank you, thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Where are you calling from besides your car, it looks like you're where are you from?
Speaker 6: So funny story.
Speaker 8: We're actually in a small town in Manitoba right now because we're headed to Chicago for a concert.
Speaker 6: Like seven of us in the vehicle.
Speaker 8: Yoh well, everyone else is in a dive bar inside right now, just like hanging out and toligo.
Speaker 6: So I'm in. I lived just outside of Winnipeg in Manitoba.
Speaker 2: I have been, I've worked in Winnipeg.
Speaker 3: I actually love Winnipeg. It's a great city.
Speaker 2: There is some amazing food there and the National is it the National Human Rights Museum? Yeah, I saw you there is in credible.
Speaker 4: It's incredible.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Winnipeg, i'd say is a kind of an underrated little spot, but it's got some some neat stuff going on there.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, so I'm glad you know it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I was gonna guess that you were Canadian by the o's, but I wasn't gonna say anything.
Speaker 6: That's so funny that you noticed that.
Speaker 2: It was Manitoba.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, well, so that you can go and join your friends inside in the dive bar. Uh, what question did you have for a b and I today.
Speaker 8: So I was wondering when you both became close as friends, like, given the age difference between both of you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well we're Jodi and I are five years apart. I'm five years older. Yeah, which sounds like a really big age difference when you're ten.
Speaker 2: And five, right, But I'd say even when we were young, like you were, you and I always hung out.
Speaker 3: I think also because our like the moms hung out too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you and I did spend a lot of time together and and like you kind of would always you know, hang out with me, and I mean you and Candae were like the same age, so you guys were definitely like the older ones, but you always tried to include me or like, you know, we'd have lunch together, and yeah, we always.
Speaker 1: Go to the mall, we go to Disneyland. Yeah, I could say that was probably sometime season two because the Hawaii, you know, we just did the Hawaii, It's true, and we had all those pictures of us traveling around Hawaii doing things together. So I'm going to say it was season two enough.
Speaker 2: Because your parents also became friends, like, and our dads would ride up to tapings together because they both came from Orange County, so they would ride up together. So I think our dads were friends and your mom and my mom got along and so yeah, then that trip, it was like, well, let's just all hang out and yeah, so that was kind of the that was kind of the deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never thought of Jody as like the little kid or I just maybe I was really immature as a as a teen, But I just always felt like this really kindred spirit with Jody, and age just never really played a factor in our friendship.
Speaker 2: And then and then doing Fuller, we just i mean became I mean, throughout the years, we also just grew closer because you know, that five year age gap becomes not as much of a thing, and your wedding and babies and all, you know, all all of the stuff that we have been through. But yeah, i'd say then during Fuller, we you know, really became even closer.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And now and now I've even agreed to at some point let her kidnap me to some sort of New Kids event.
Speaker 1: So that a.
Speaker 2: Friendship screen that's yeah, that's true friendship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I'll be blocking your phone number after this, Judy.
Speaker 8: You guys have always seen him close and stuff, and you're very similar and just where you stand morally and stuff, So I can see why why you would be close quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ab and we you know, to be fair, Also, you and I shared a classroom, and studio teachers can'tus had a different teacher than us. You and I shared a classroom, so that was you know, a lot of bonding time and a lot of just being together, like the two of us and you know, one or two teachers in our little small classroom, right, it was. Yeah, we definitely spent a lot of time together. I'm sure you heard a lot of Jody stopped tipping your chair backwards, and Jody, can you get your work done?
Speaker 1: Jody stopped fidgeting with the dencils. Jody's right.
Speaker 2: Well, and it took me much as twenty years to get diagnosed with ADG, but yeah, we spent a lot of time together.
Speaker 1: So and yeah, we're just we just get closer. Like it's great having a friend. You can be so on it like brutally honest. Yes, like anything goes, any topic goes. Oh whatever, we're having a bad day, good day, celebrations.
Speaker 3: We've laid in bed and eaten lunch together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was yeah, not too long ago.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I know I love a b She's I don't. I don't think she's getting rid of me anytime soon. So no, I'm actually your fot lawn. So it's gonna get weird, but why not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna move into your garage, so you know, I just.
Speaker 2: Had it organized. There's there's space in there. It's lovely.
Speaker 3: Go for it, you room. It's gonna be hot to real hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you so much, Cara. Enjoy your concert, have fun with your friends. Tell everyone we said hello, and.
Speaker 6: You haven't believed me, but I will tell them. I will tell them that.
Speaker 3: You say hello, Tell them, tell them.
Speaker 2: That they better believe you because otherwise.
Speaker 8: Yeah, They're like, is it the real Ones? Though, I'm like, yeah, like the podcast messaged.
Speaker 3: Me like, is it the real Ones? This is AI's come a long way. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's really in just a short period of time, they have replicated my head and uh and my inability to focus.
Speaker 8: It's yeah, personality, attitude, everything amazing. Well, Actually, Tody, I I talked to Celia often. I message a lot on Instagram at Center Fast.
Speaker 3: You invited us to the Celia and I to your wedding. Was that correct?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, amaz.
Speaker 2: Kara listened to the other podcast that I did for years with my best friend, Celia Bayharr Calton.
Speaker 3: Never thought I'd say this, which was Andrea you were.
Speaker 2: I believe it was against our first guest on her, one of our first guests, and uh yeah, it was our our wild look at parenting, and uh yeah, she had told me the other day she was like, I think Kara's going to be on your show on you know, asking questions.
Speaker 6: So so fun.
Speaker 3: Pleasure to see you again.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening to this podcast of me rambling again And uh yeah, that's definitely appreciate it. That's true, That's true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just appreciate you both so much. I grew up watching the show. I had, you know, rough times of my childhood and Full House was just like my go to of like I'm the same age as Mary Kate Nashley, so gives you an idea of how young I was when the show was on.
Speaker 6: But yeah, just amazing, And I.
Speaker 8: Love that you're doing the podcast that you're doing because it brings back memories.
Speaker 6: Then it's my go to my drive to work.
Speaker 8: So oh good, so much for what you're doing and who you both aren't people.
Speaker 6: I have so much respect for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, you too, you too, you're Can you just follow us around all day? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just it was so sweet.
Speaker 3: She's gonna call you and be like, hey, Karen, we do very sweet.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You're so sweet.
Speaker 6: My dog pretty busy. But I mean I could if you really needed me to.
Speaker 2: But but you know what, now it makes absolute sense that you're a social worker because you're like, yes, let me help people and be kind and giving.
Speaker 6: So yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: You're so welcome. Absolutely, my husband's a social worker. I got mad respect for social workers.
Speaker 6: Amazing him.
Speaker 2: All right, well, take care of care and enjoy the rest of your trip, and uh, we will see you out there on the internet.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks so much, take care.
Speaker 3: Sounded weirdly threatening, but I didn't mean.
Speaker 6: It like that, so I didn't take it that way.
Speaker 1: We won't stalk you, I promise.
Speaker 3: No, No, I didn't. Yeah, No, we're good.
Speaker 6: We're good. You're good, don't worry. Thanks Karen.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Well, it was so fun.
Speaker 2: She yeah, she has been a very very sweet listener over the years to the podcast, And yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe she invited you to her wedding.
Speaker 3: For getting married. And she was like, we would love to have you at the wedding.
Speaker 2: And I mean, you know again love Winnipeg would have gone, but I was working, So I mean, look, you're offering me a free dinner. You know, I'll take the chicken, you know what, I'll even do the veggie option. So yeah, anywaat story Now, now I feel like we're going to get invited to weddings for sure. Can you imagine if you and I showed up wearing those ridiculous bridesmaid's costumes that we wore in that episode to someone's wedding.
Speaker 1: We would ruin We would ruin the wedding.
Speaker 3: I'm not only if they asked us.
Speaker 2: To do not crashing anyone's wedding, but I'm saying, like, what if they were like, can.
Speaker 4: You wear that? Would you do it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that on the air because people might hold it, hold us to it, but it's not legally binding, so they ha ha.
Speaker 3: But I mean I would be tempted to.
Speaker 2: I guess any excuse to be ridiculous with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've done. It's not the weirdest thing we've done either.
Speaker 2: Like what if we dressed in those weird matching outfits where we were like the like the the terrible version of the shining matching with those things on our heads, with the.
Speaker 1: Umbilical cord, we have to do the infascinators the entire wedding.
Speaker 3: We'd have to stay connected by the ambilical cord.
Speaker 1: We walked down the aisle.
Speaker 2: We're a we are the flower girl. Oh no, I'm just giving someone a terrible idea. And it's and they're gonna have like a jesse impersonator as instead of an Elvis in.
Speaker 3: Person It's gonna be a Jessie as Elvis impersonator that marries them.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, if somebody actually has the con to do this, I will show you know.
Speaker 3: I would do it in there.
Speaker 1: I would be absolutely that's a commitment to design your entire wedding around the full house.
Speaker 2: Wow. I think I think I think we might hear from a few people. I'm just gonna say I really do. Because the Internet loves a challenge, you know what I mean. People be like, oh, you think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you can make it a triple wedding, get married with your best friends. You could have a golden retriever walk down the aisle like there's the shape shifting backyard.
Speaker 2: Like there's so many options. There's so many I mean, you could yeah, you could uh put it on the invitation that you're doing it Gibler style.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, Ghibbler style party planning.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think this is and you know, look, maybe maybe maybe they can throw Joey McIntyre in there somewhere, I don't know, just as a bonus, just as he was technically on the show.
Speaker 3: Yes he married us before, you know if just is it?
Speaker 2: And also like to entice you a little bit, you know what I mean, I really want to be there.
Speaker 3: Just tell her that Joey mcintar's You.
Speaker 1: Don't have to entice me, just know it. Just walking down the aisle with you attached by a fake umbilical cord. I'm in Like, you don't have to say anything else, and that's it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, we just went down a rabbit hole. Let's you know what, Let's answer a couple more fan questions from our Instagram post. Let's let's yeah, Minisoda is turning into a into a maxisode.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a new sponsor for feminine products.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, not at our age. Okay, today, I don't know what Okay.
Speaker 1: So these are questions from fans who were unable to join us today because they've got real jobs and commitments and they had things to do, right, okay. So the first question is from Michelle, and Michelle is asking she.
Speaker 2: Had she had to work unfortunately, so okay, so sorry Michelle again, We're sorry, happy for your job. Sad it prevented us from seeing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Michelle says, can you please explain how you film an episode? Is it filmed in order? Like how we watch it? How long are the tape beings for a twenty minute episode? How do you get the audience to laugh at the same joke more than once?
Speaker 4: This is such a good question.
Speaker 3: But small shocks in the seats, small.
Speaker 1: Electrical shock, right, yeah, just a little. Well, let's go chronological, like starting at the beginning of the week. It takes one week.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, it takes one week to film one episode, right, so and by a few seasons, and we were doing it in four days, right, but we'll, we'll, that's ambitious, that's well, yeah, once the sitcoms going, it's a pretty well oiled machine. But yeah, right, so first day of.
Speaker 1: The week, first day of the week, So on a Monday, you would do normally you do a table read, which you just show up, you sit around a table with the cast, the writers, the producers, and you just read it so the writers can it. You could just hear it out loud, hear how the jokes are hitting or not hitting, and that's kind of it. You just there's no makeup, there's no hair, there's no blocking, there's no cameras, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Was that all we did on Mondays?
Speaker 1: Well, in the beginning, I think, well you and I went to school afterwards, but oh yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 2: In the early.
Speaker 1: Seasons it was I think it was Mondays, and.
Speaker 2: Then eventually I only really remember what the schedules were like once we were at like a four day week, right, that was kind of where I remember stuff. But but yeah, it's you know, you have a couple of rehearsal days and then yeah, Todaday Wednesday are rehearsal days where you're learning blocking, learning your lines, you're doing everything with the script in your hand, they're still making a lot of rewrites. The writers come in one day, the producers come in the next day to watch what's called run through, which is where you do the show in chron chronological order from top to bottom without you know, like really stopping or thing. You move from set to set. Everyone just kind of walks and stands in front of the set watches it. No cameras or anything. But that's just to see if the jokes work, because again, jokes got to work.
Speaker 4: See if the jokes work, See where.
Speaker 2: Things can be cut added, what notes the network might have or other writers or producers, blah blah blah. And then by the time you get to Thursday, you have your shooting script.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then that's when you bring the cameras out, the hair, the makeup, the costumes, and it's a pre tape day. So we would pre tape any scenes that were particularly difficult, i e. Baby scenes, scenes with dogs, any scenes with special effects, just anything that you do. Turtles and bags, turtles, turtles and turtles on skateboards. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's when you pre tape everything just in case you can't get it on audience night, you want to have it in the bag, so to speak, in the.
Speaker 2: Can, right. And also it's like that way when you're doing things like you know, a shot where you have to pull the camera up into the set more to get a particular angle or stuff like that, you don't have to kind of do it all on show night because show night tends to be pretty hectic and you do want to keep the audience, you know, the rhythm going in a live so like you know, bringing in a fourth wall or something like that. That's all stuff that you do on a pre tape day so that you don't have to do that with the with the audience right, right.
Speaker 1: And then Fridays for our favorite days TGIF live show.
Speaker 2: Days, and those start like earlier than people probably expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like four pm or five pm. Yeah, that's when we bring in the audience and we hold them captive for like the next five hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really. People are like, how long is like a you know, it's a twenty two minute show, how long could the taping possibly be? And you're like, oh, you poor soul, you have no idea what you're in for, because it is I'd say probably around four hours, although with the kids and stuff. Yeah, it was like four four and a half because yeah, we'd be out. We'd usually be but done by nine. I think we pumpkined at like nine or eight thirty, so the little ones and means.
Speaker 1: The kids we would expire and turn back into mice.
Speaker 3: No, we would. That means we were no longer legally allowed to work.
Speaker 2: And they call it pumpkin because you turn into a pumpkin and so, but yeah, it would be you know, four or five hours of going through the scenes in order. You'd start at the top of the show in chronological order, right, so that the audience gets what the show is about and can laugh at the jokes and see kind of what's going on throughout the episode.
Speaker 4: It's it's like.
Speaker 2: A live play meets a movie where you're recording it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it takes so long because and if you've ever been to a live taping you'll know this. But we shoot a scene, we'd shoot one take and then there's a lot of discussion over at video village where people are sitting with monitors, directors, producers, writers, and they want to rewrite stuff in the moment saying that joke's not working, we got to get a different joke in there. So that's what takes so long, is that in between take, the writers are rewriting right, and then the actors have to learn the rewrite really quickly and then doing another take. We never did one take. We always did at least two yeah, sometimes ten yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Depending on what it was, depending on if the joke wasn't working, we had to keep rewriting it, or if it was just you know, something that was a matter of timing or whatever. And yeah, some some scenes we you know, were like easy and you'd blow through, and then some scenes there were definitely those things when you're like, we've we've been in this scene for like forty five minutes and it doesn't feel like we're ever going to leave this set in this scene, so what okay?
Speaker 1: So how did we keep the audience laughing, like besides keeping them hostage and not letting them go home until they laugh?
Speaker 2: Well, the warm up guy, I mean, at least on Fuller and I believe Bob Purlo did this, who was our warm up guy on full House. The warm up guy is basically a comedian that comes out before the show, before the show starts recording and then in between takes and this and that, so you know, not only are we working on the floor, but there's like music and a comedian and juggling and whatever you know, going on in the stands that you're trying to not pay attention to and like focus on stuff while they're in between. But they usually gave a spiel at the beginning of the thing like, hey, you're here because we need you.
Speaker 6: We need you to.
Speaker 2: Laugh if you think something's mildly funny, and you just go that does We're not gonna hear that. We want to hear you. You want to hear you on the laugh thing. You know, nobody like they basically give a little thing like that, and people love, you know, participating, They love feeling like they're helping deliver part of the show, and they really really do. It's super important for an audience to laugh at jokes and to laugh in the same spots as they did, you know, three or four times, because it's our rhythm. You know, we're doing a scene and we know like, okay, this is a joke. Now pause, and like sometimes you won't get a laugh and you're like, uh, okay, and then it just feels like you screw up everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's timing is so important as a sitcom actor. And if the laugh differs, if it's too short or it doesn't happen the next time, it throws off our ris them completely, because yeah, then we're then the the wheels are turning in our minds. Am I not funny? Oh my gosh, they're gonna fire right right, I'm never gonna work again.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to laugh, so that I had like two seconds to walk over here and do this, and now it's just dead air.
Speaker 3: And now I feel like everyone whoa no, yeah, it's just right. The actor panic begins actor panic.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, that's that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: That's how it goes.
Speaker 2: And they also, you know, give them candy and snacks throughout, so there is some some sugar happening too. They try and do that, and they there's some prizes too, like some of the extra props that's true has signed or not.
Speaker 3: Jody loves to sign props, signs all of them.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we like we would sign things and they would give them out at the taping, t shirts, props from the show, stuff like that. So yeah, people were very excited, and I mean as the show went on, we had people from all over the world come to see the tapings, so they were usually pretty excited to be there, which was amazing and made mix for just such a great energy to perform in front of.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's there's nothing like it. There's nothing like the live show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would live for live shows.
Speaker 3: Did you get nervous before every live show?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, every life? Yeah I still do. I still do. Oh it's a good nerds like, it keeps you on your toes, it keeps you from falling asleep.
Speaker 2: So it's literally the thing where I walk out and I go, I don't oh, it's all gone.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Oh no no, no, no, no, no no right every then like and then until we get in it and it's like the room falls silent and we're like okay, and and then call action.
Speaker 3: Then I'm like, oh, there it is, Okay, it's back, sorry, got it, there is.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, up until that moment, I'm usually like what why have I done this job? Why have they paid me to do this job? I don't know what I'm doing. I don't even know my line. Where where am I what do I do? I can't do this? And yeah, that's why you'll see it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: After intros when they introduce the main cast, you'll see us like race to go get our scripts, and we're like, you know, you're like crammy, like cramming for a last minute test.
Speaker 3: Still like it's in, Like it's there. We've been rehearsing it all week. We know it's there. We haven't, you know.
Speaker 2: But I always used to say there was nothing more terrifying than having the first line of the first scene at the start of the.
Speaker 1: Show mm hmmmm, because it says because it.
Speaker 2: Sets the tone, and I, more than once would be like and just be like cool, great, well that was fun, glad. That's how we do it professional. Yeah, and then you just pick yourself up and go again.
Speaker 1: And that's why we hide our scripts all around, like in the kitchen drawer or in the in the seat cushion of the couch, because it's like a pacifier.
Speaker 2: It's like, even if you.
Speaker 1: Don't need it, you want it nearby.
Speaker 2: Every I learned that from Sagitt though, and every time to this day that I am on set and I stuff a script in a drawer or something so that I can open it up and look or do. I'm it just reminds me Bob, because we would find scripts seasons later, well maybe not seasons well sometimes if I was like a piece of furniture that hadn't been yeah, we would find like a script that he'd hidden, you know, underneath the cushions or something.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: What you do. That's like a little thinky. You're like, I need I just I know, I know, I know it, but I need I need to know it's there.
Speaker 1: So let me touch it. It's a it's a weird tick that actors have, but that's that's how it's done. Yeah, that was a great that was a great question for Michelle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was awesome, Thanks Michelle. Who do we have next?
Speaker 2: Next up, we have Nicki and Nicky wants to know what kind of punishment do you think steph should have gotten for driving Joey's car into the kitchen?
Speaker 1: Oh? Who was that your fault?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: I mean he kind of left a child.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know, do you? So Stephanie didn't get punished the.
Speaker 2: Week to be asking me about kids and punishing and cars.
Speaker 1: I think, well, considering it wasn't a hundred sense to it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Right, it was you know. I think the lesson is.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of things, is that because you thought you knew, because you thought you knew better, and you you know, touched something that was an adult or messed with something that only adults should do, you put yourself and other people in danger. Yes, and that you know, and and I think most of the time, especially if it's like they didn't mean to do it, like that's enough of a wake up of like oh my, like oh my gosh. I mean, she definitely would have had to help clean up and you know all of that. But I also think, like the kid just backed a car through a building, So there might be also some like wow, that was a little traumatic. I just nearly backed into my family in the house. I don't I mean, you know what I mean, Like that might also be something that you might need to address and and be like, hey, this is yeah, we need to lock the doors of the car and also explain.
Speaker 3: How they work, maybe full basics, just some basics.
Speaker 1: So well, it doesn't Joey do this or no not? Who does? Oh no, it's DJ with the cement truck. When does this happen again? DJ is stever making out in the cement truck, right, somebody hits and yes, let.
Speaker 2: Joey's in the kitchen with the headphones on and doesn't he's meditating them right right, Okay, so it happens again.
Speaker 3: It does happen again.
Speaker 2: So that kitchen has been through some things, it has seen some things again. It's I think it's part of the shape shifting backyard though. It just sort of really magically heals itself. And also the second story seems to be totally fine. Oh, nothing, not a problem.
Speaker 1: The house is structurally sound, you know, it doesn't which.
Speaker 2: For you know, probably an early nineteen hundreds Victorian is impressive. Yes, it's really had it earthquake retrofitted and car prooved.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I think the only the only appropriate punishment for Stephanie, if there was one, would be Stephanie has to listen to Joey rehearse his comedy bits over and over and over. You have to be like a captive audience, right right, Joey's rehearsal.
Speaker 2: And then Joey a captive audience that laughs at the appropriate times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to teach her how to be a good audience member.
Speaker 1: A good studio audience member. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's that feels fitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And I think, yeah, I think hearing that a few times, you'd be like, this is I'm done now.
Speaker 1: So I'll never drive a car through a kit.
Speaker 2: The last time I do that, Yeah, well, I mean it isn't because it happens again.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Didn't you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember because I watched you do it in Fuller. I don't I don't know if I ever watched the original one in full House, but I watched you back the car through the kitchen in Fuller, Yeah, which was terrified, Like it was scary.
Speaker 4: It's scary to.
Speaker 3: Watch when they actual when I yeah.
Speaker 1: Because didn't you like hurt your neck a little bit?
Speaker 2: Or well I did, because I I did the part where it was like we we backed up and they had they needed me in the car to back up.
Speaker 4: Like really quickly.
Speaker 3: But the car was the axles were.
Speaker 2: Uh staked to like a chain that's bolted into the stage floor. Okay, but the problem is is with an old car. You know, you really got a gun it in order to get it to do anything. Okay, so you had to floor it. And then by the time you floored it and it's reversed the twelve feet of chain and you've taken your foot even off the gas. You hit it with such you know, like force, and for the shot you had to take the head rest out. Oh wow, So there was no because it was an old car, so there was no head rest and uh yeah, I definitely uh like tweaked my neck.
Speaker 3: Oh and I remember I think our our transport.
Speaker 4: I was like, what what are you doing? Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, no, it'll be it'll be great.
Speaker 6: It'll be great.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, tomorrow'll be fine. And tomorrow I was like, no, it's not great. But I was like, I'm not gonna you know, I wasn't gonna make a thing because it was whatever it was, what it was. But yeah, it was uh yeah, it hurt. It hurt.
Speaker 1: And so then they had then they for the.
Speaker 2: Actual crash, but then for the actual backing up, they put like a real stunt person in there who is obviously much better trained than I at how to survive whiplash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's I was. I was worried about you. So I'm glad that you didn't have to do the actual crash. They had somebody a stunt double with a wig.
Speaker 2: And oh no, that's no, no, they're they're yeah, stunt double, wig all of that. Yeah, they they probably they really probably didn't even want me to do what I did. I'm sure that somewhere Chris Jensen was having some sort of a heart attack about it.
Speaker 1: And you want her to do what Chris was our first.
Speaker 2: A d and yeah, and I was probably like an idiot going now to be fine, it's great.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 3: I got it because I love.
Speaker 2: Doing things that seem kind of, you know, challenging and potentally dangerous. And uh yeah, so again, and I didn't want I didn't want Chris dress. I was like, it's fine, everyone, it's fine, fine, But I think that's the one and only time we're doing that.
Speaker 1: So that was that was a thing that you did.
Speaker 2: But then it was fun to you know, stand there and watch it crash through the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Very cool, very cool, very tense. It's very tense on set when they do that quiet on set and you know, only the people that have to be on set are there, you know, the austraneous people allowed on set?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because stuff goes flying and you you know, if you're like, there's so many protocols for stunt work, which you know, again.
Speaker 3: Is why they're there, because it's.
Speaker 2: Super important that they get followed because then accidents happen exactly. All right, we have a last question.
Speaker 1: Okay, one last question from Jeff and Jeff is asking how is it watching these episodes? Is it like watching home movies and do you find it hard or comforting to watch Bob.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 3: I've been loving watching these episodes.
Speaker 1: It's like it's kind of like watching home movies. It feels very familiar and comforting, but it's also like I'm learning new things for sure about you know, like especially the episodes I've never seen, which is right well.
Speaker 2: And it's it's like when you watch old family movies and you're like, oh, that's what was happening, or you know, you kind of fill in maybe pieces that you don't remember, or you watch it and you go, oh, I remember what happened that week, or oh I remember that outfit, or you know, things stir a memory that I mean, God, I've had. It happened so many times that I've been watching an episode and gone, oh my gosh, that's right, like and thought of something or just had a feeling like a memory of a shirt or a you know whatever, random prop something.
Speaker 1: I experienced it when when we shut the front when when a character shuts the front.
Speaker 2: Front door, and that that right now, like he's gonna say the rat is.
Speaker 1: A visceral reaction to that, because I'm like, oh, yeah, we heard that for eight years growing up and then five years on full Er.
Speaker 2: It is embedded.
Speaker 3: I can hear it in my sleep and it yeah.
Speaker 1: Very very visceral experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's I mean, I love it, and it is like watching home movies.
Speaker 3: And you know, honestly, I every once in a while.
Speaker 2: It'll there will be usually if it's like a scene where it's just me and Bob, that's when it'll I'll have a moment where just a little pang of like being heartsick kind of makes me really miss him, where I'm like, oh, that's right, like yeah we were, Yeah, you were my friend and I miss you, you know, And but most of the time it's just nice to hear his voice. It is.
Speaker 1: It is comfort, and it keeps the person, the person's spirit alive. You know, Like the worst thing about losing someone is you don't want them to be forgotten. You don't want other people to forget them. So this is a way of keeping him alive and in our hearts and sharing it with all of our faner ritos, and we can all we're all just still talking about him.
Speaker 2: And that's all he ever wanted, was all he ever wanted, was what I said, He is so mad that he's not here to hear everyone talking about how great he is. Yeah, And I you know, I've always meant that with all of the love, And you know, I've actually thought of something sort of similar to that about not wanting to be forgotten.
Speaker 3: And when.
Speaker 2: When Kara was talking about it about how you know, she wasn't even this age when the show, or she wasn't even born when the show was originally on, and she started watching it and she wants to watch it with her kids, and then like, you know, yeah, and the idea that I don't know, the idea that we have done something in our lives that will be remembered by people fondly and as a core memory for generations is not something that I take lightly because there are not a lot of people that get to have an impact like that, or a show that means something like that, or a cast that means something like that, and to have, you know, a piece of art. And I will, you know, fight anybody that says that Full House isn't it All is art is you know, big wide net and to have a piece of art that lasts for generations is something that not many of us get the opportunity to experience and to be a part of. And I just want all the fan of Ritos to know that, like we think about that, we know that that that's huge and it just means a lot to me and I am so grateful for it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's really it's really the honor of a lifetime for all the reasons that you said. But yeah, I mean Full House was panned by so many critics and even Fuller House, and it's easy to just stereotype sitcoms and sitcom actors. Is just superficial, right, Like it's just they're just they're just sitcom actors and it's just a sitcom. It's just fluff, and yeah, it's silly. There's ridiculous storylines. I'm not arguing that, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you hear right, you hear me.
Speaker 2: I make fun of it constantly, but in a way of like this was it's meant something to people, like this was important.
Speaker 3: We were all a little more.
Speaker 2: Innocent and naive then, you know, the sensibilities were a little bit different.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and.
Speaker 2: That's it's always been about the fans.
Speaker 1: It's it's never been about the critics or trying to win awards or anything like that. It's like, no, we do this for the fans because we love the characters, and they love the characters so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and honestly, we got to have.
Speaker 2: So much more fun, I think with the show because of that, because there was you know, it was like, look, our fans love when we do ridiculous stuff. Let's just lean into it. Let's just do it like we're not you know, who cares if we're you know, writing an I mean, that's not what this show. This show is about fun and family and and love and silliness and and yeah, I think people have kind of connected with it. So yeah, so thank you guys. Anyway, just a little fan appreciation, uh moment there at the end.
Speaker 3: So thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks, we love you, guys, We love you.
Speaker 3: And this again an hour and two minutes of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, our maxisode.
Speaker 3: Our maxie right, our mini.
Speaker 1: Maxis supersized, our supersiz Yeah, but no, this was great. I love these Q and a's getting to meet our faneritos face to face or meet them again like in the case of today with Caitlin, it was. It's just great. I love it. I hope we get to do more. And we love your questions. Thank you for asking them.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, you guys, and uh, you know again, make sure you're following us on Instagram at how read podcast or sending us an email howad Podcast at gmail dot com. Uh, make sure you're subscribing to the podcast on whatever platform you're listening to it so that you can get the newest ones as soon as they come out, including our mini maxisodes and our maxim minisodes and the ones where we just don't shut up.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: So, thank you guys for listening. Uh, we love your questions.
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 2: Remember the the the world is small, but our outciousness is not. Our loquaciousness is long.
Speaker 3: Now I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The world is full and our brains are empty. That doesn't yeah, a foggy I'd say, fuck, you know what, how's this?
Speaker 2: The doors are always open and Carl, the fog is taken over. Here we go.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That doesn't roll off the tongue. But it's a work, Carl.
Speaker 3: I blame Carl it. We'll work on it.
Speaker 1: We're working on it, guys.
Speaker 4: You have it, Carl.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by Hyundai.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm