Speaker 1: He's the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March ninth, twenty twenty four, and we are officially thirty seven days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte live from the Star in Frisco, Texas. Insigned the s WBC Studios, we have Zach Walchuk, Nick Harris, Brian brod Us making her triumphant return, Aisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us, Chris being running everything in the back thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Days March nineteenth. By the way, what did I say?
Speaker 4: You said March ninth. It's fine, you know, just.
Speaker 5: For the you know the one and the nine, a lot whatever whatever, one, ninth three, you know nine, Kyle and I barely lab It's not a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not. Yeah. Everything good, Everything's good. You're doing all right? Good, Nick, we failed to box everybody out for sec How are babies doing. The babies are good. You're doing a solid. How are your babies good over there and outside of the table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of them is down here, so there we go.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's here too.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about our draft babies. Let's talk about drafting.
Speaker 6: They do become our children.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to refer to them as that ever again, all right, I'll help go ahead and refrain.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven days away, Brian pro Day's are in full effect. What's what's this time of year really feel like for those scouts across the hall.
Speaker 7: Well, they're trying to figure out right now, they're trying to kind of run down some of the numbers they didn't get at the Combine.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of players that didn't do uh, the did the.
Speaker 7: The like the shuttles and things like that, the three cones, things that they need to kind of fill in on their boards.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And also this is the opportunity to for these coaches to get out look at these players and work them out themselves. They at the Combine, they saw them work out there. Now they physically get to put hands on these guys and kind of work them through the drills and stuff like that. So you know, you get your thirty visits coming up. That'll be probably the first of April. So they're going to knock out all these pro days and then they're gonna come back and they're going to start putting this board together. But it's an important time for those guys. A lot of pressure on these players that didn't work out at the Combine. You know, now you're putting kind of all your eggs in one basket. You're saying, Okay, here we go. We're gonna have a Pro day for you. And if you, you know, say you run a slow time. I know there's some thought about Lasseter the corner from Georgia didn't run a particularly great time in his pro day, and so now the worry of when you don't run at the Combine and then you run it your Pro day and you don't have a particularly fast time, you're running out of days to kind of make that up. So a lot of guys kind of a lot of stress going on out there. But Scott's trying to get all their numbers together, the coaches are trying to get an idea about working these guys out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels like these pro days are the final opportunity to add data into these guys and be able to build context before you bring them in for thirty visits. Those thirty visits happening between now and April for certain teams. Sounds like the Cowboys more so April, but that'll be the true final opportunity to get an opportunity to see who these guys are off the field and what they can learn or what they can show as far as on the whiteboard. And they do a lot as far as putting those guys in certain situations, and they really test them in those rooms and it's mentally taxing. I couldn't imagine doing thirty of them over the course of a weekend. But yeah, that's going to be a really fun weekend. And then after that it's draft time.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: Some of the pre March nineteenth pro days that have already been in the books Texas, A and m Miami, Iowa, Colorado State, who has a couple prospects on both sides of the ball, Penn State, Ucla, Clemson, Arizona, Minnesota, Georgia, like Brian said, Arkansas, Michigan State, some of the ones, Oklahoma, some of the ones that are coming up to today, Holy Toledo and Wyoming. The fight it was also today Texas, A and m Okay, this list says yesterday, but the Alabama one tomorrow, Texas is tomorrow, USC is tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Nick Harris will be out of the Texas Pro Day and Ohio State.
Speaker 2: So a big day of rolling into Wednesday this week and lots of lots of things to look forward to on the Pro Day.
Speaker 3: So what are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really excited to see all those guys that they have. You talk about to Andre Sweat Byron Murphy at a night, Mitchell, Xavier Worthy. I mean, there's some really talented guys down there at Texas, but one guy that I'm really excited to see, and we talked about him a little bit off the show last week. Kyle was Jordan Whittington, the receiver for them that they brought in and the class of twenty nineteen. They expected him to be a feature guide right off the bat, battled injury for his first three years, but eventually was able to build stability as far as his health goes over the course of the last two seasons, and unfortunately Texas just kind of had to recruit over him and bring in Xavier Worthy. Bringing ad Mitchell so he may not have the statistics that you know some of the these other receivers will have in the class. But I think once he runs tomorrow, he's gonna impress a lot of people. I think he's gonna drop a really impressive time given his size.
Speaker 6: I have a question for you, folks.
Speaker 9: So you brought up Lassiter if I'm not mistaken, Brian, So at one point in time, like say, he doesn't run a good for you time, but when you see him on film, his transitions are smooth, the timing is there, and everything.
Speaker 6: It doesn't. And that's something that I struggle with with.
Speaker 9: You know, looking deeper into these players is like putting a value on these combine pro days, but then also understanding like some players just I mean, you teach these kids learn how to test. A lot of them test well because they have done, you know, the necessary preparation to test. But I'm just gonna ask you, guys, how do you decipher, you know, where this guy really belongs or whatever? If you're looking at him on tape and guys aren't just beating him over the top. Guys, he's carrying guys across the receiver the formation. But at the same time, it's like, Okay, well he's not running this forty Well, how do you I guess maybe, as I guess, Brian is a better person to ask what in general, guys, how do y'all separate those things from what you see on film.
Speaker 4: I think it's specifically interesting with Lass because I've liked what he could bring from a Nickel perspective, And if there's trouble with speed, then you have to think about guys he's covering, you know what the Tyreek kills and you can even talk about the seed lambs. As far as speed goes, but you see those fluid hips, you see that the transition and his footwork. That's why I think he could be a better Nickel. But as far as long speed goes, I think at the corner position, you don't want to sacrifice that as much as you maybe would with the safety position. You know, you look at a guy like Cameron Kitchens, who I have been high on in the process, did not have a good combine as far as testing goes and explosion testing goes. With his broad and his vertical, that stuff gives me a little bit of concern, but it would give me a lot more concern if he was a corner just because I want him to be able to bounce off the line with a really a physical receiver or a really speedy receiver. One of the two would be able to run with him step for step. Whereas a safety, I just I focus on the instincts more than I would focus on the athleticism. The athleticism needs to be there, it's football, but I would focus on the instincts a little bit more. I think there's a little bit more flexibility there at the safety position, okay, And with.
Speaker 10: The last I think he shows instincts when you watch him play. Like the one thing I do have in my notes, which might be somewhat okay, that is a red flag with the speed as he does get a little grabby downfield, and maybe that's a guy starting to pull away from him with that deep speed, and he'll start to yank a little bit to make sure that he doesn't create too much separation. But overall, I mean, Brian, I don't know if you agree with this or not, but I always am just gonna go back to the film. What did I see on tape? I think there's a difference sometimes between testing speed and game speed. Some guys just don't test really well. Other guys will test well, then that doesn't always translate. If you're able to marry the two, that's awesome. But if a dude doesn't test well, I'm gonna revert back to what did I see? What were my notes when I went and watched him play. I care more about what you do with pads in game on the field than what you're doing in your underwear.
Speaker 3: Olympics.
Speaker 7: I built this into my notes because I said I thought he played with more quickness than he does speed. So I knew going in that this guy probably wasn't going to run all that well. But he wants to take contact early. He wants to try and be disruptive. Yeah, that's his whole idea. I have the same problem with King from Penn State. I'm watching this guy play at a very high level cover people, doesn't run particularly well, but then all of a sudden, he runs a four to one six short shuttle twenty shuttle. So now I'm thinking, Okay, the guy's got lateral agility, he's got some quickness to his feet. You know, I can deal with that, but man, it is it's a difficult situation you deal with. Johnny Wilson, the tall receiver from Florida State.
Speaker 3: He's six six.
Speaker 7: He's rare that you have a six I think Colin Johnson was the last person that we saw in the league that was a six to sixth receiver that I think the Colts took him or somebody like that was in it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Jacksonville maybe, Yeah, it was one of those teams in.
Speaker 7: This South, And I think but the the thing about it is, you he doesn't run particularly well, but he makes all these plays. So all of a sudden, you start to sit there and you're thinking, God, they play a lot faster than on tape then, and there's there's some guys that if you put pads on him, they're going to run for six. If you take the pads off them, they're going to run for six.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: So that's some of the things that you kind of have to feel like that you deal with in these drafts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because even Darius Robinson Miszoo, he didn't exactly run a good forty You look at him on tape exactly everywhere. So yeah, I just I just want to know what ch'all's process of elimination is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think for me it's mostly context more than it is evaluation. Whenever it comes to running, because the evaluation comes on tape, you trust the tape, You trust your eyes, you trust your notes. Like Zach was talking about, you go back and refer to it and you use it as context as Hey, maybe he will run a four to six with pads or without pads, but hell with the pads, he is a phenomenal player, and he's able to play down hill and he's able to show that athleticism.
Speaker 3: So I think it's a context thing.
Speaker 2: It's all the information that you're gathering along the way that just helps you build a complete picture of the prospect, and it teaches you kind of where you can and cannot use him.
Speaker 7: I've been in rooms where I've heard scouts a guy says he can't run, he can't run, he can't run, he can't run. And then a scout stood up and said, I don't care where you mfors put this guy.
Speaker 3: He is going to be a great player in this league.
Speaker 7: And sure enough, you know, guy ends up playing twelve thirteen years. Well, there was a receiver back in the day Florida State way back Ravens.
Speaker 3: What's that Andkwin Bolden it's a pretty good one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And Kwan Bolden Walter Julips scout was like he did, that's exactly. Walter stood up and said, you mfors can put him anywhere you want. He goes, he is going to play in this league for a long time, and he just closed his notebook and sat there and you know, they put we put him up on the board, and sure enough he's picked that thing in the second.
Speaker 2: Round and he played one hundred years, you know, and two thousand and three, twenty seventeen. There you go, insane, there you go.
Speaker 7: And sometimes you get those guys like that, and you have that conviction of this guy could play.
Speaker 3: I don't care how fast he runs. YEA.
Speaker 7: The tape that we all watch and that's ourly, that's our group's only advantage. I mean, that's our only advantages. We get to watch tape and then maybe an occasional workout. But that's what you go off of. And I think to me, your board is pure that way when you just evaluate the tape. I mean, I had a scout in the league tell me, he goes, do me a favor when you're done some of your board and I go, why do you want my board? And he goes, Because you're just watching tape. You're not worried about all the things that I'm going in and getting from the school. You're you know, I hear this, I hear this, I see this, I hear You're just watching tape. That's generally who these people are when you watch this tape.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting, it really is, because those guys have so many different factors.
Speaker 7: They have too many, too many clutter them up. And we were just talking about it opening here. You know, all of a sudden you get these you start to you put a guy on a board, and all of a sudden you have this wait looks smart on tape, but okay, and then you talk to him and you're like going, wait a minute. He doesn't understand concepts here. And that effects if a coach doesn't feel like they can get to a guy, that he's going to make mistakes. We saw that with this team last year with a Dogay, when you can't make when you can't make blocks or you can't get things lined up the right.
Speaker 3: Way, they won't play you. That part of it is a big factor.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna have to make some replacements to in the guys that they lost based off of some of those decisions that were made in free agency and the way they let them walk.
Speaker 3: I've got a little bit of a game here.
Speaker 2: We'll take about ten minutes on this, but I've got six names that have departed.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I want you to tell me the most likely draft prospect to replace these names.
Speaker 3: And this could be your own opinion.
Speaker 2: We could come to a conclusion if we want as a group, but more likely, I want names that can be realistic replaces for each of these guys that have departed the Dallas Cowboys in free agency, because frankly, there's a lot of them and a lot of them that wire impact players.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start on the offensive line.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get it out of the way because this is probably the most likely Day one, Day two picks. We'll start at offensive tackle. Tyron Smith departs Zach Waltschek.
Speaker 3: Who do you feel like is the most likely offensive tackle replacement? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I kind of think as we've gotten closer to this at twenty four, if they do address that in the first round, I think Geyiton from Oklahoma seems like the most likely candidate. I mean, I would love me some Jordan Morgan out of Arizona. I've got him great at higher I do wonder because I think we heard this with the Cowboys when it came to Rashaun Slater, that they viewed him as a guard and not as a tackle. And maybe it was the short arms. And I wonder because Morgan is similar in that regard, if they would take him and say, all right, we feel comfortable playing you at left tackle. I think Morgan is a better player on tape. I think Geiton is raw that are talented. He's big, he's got long arms. He can get to the second level. For those that maybe we have talked about him quite a bit, but transfer from TCU, played at Oklahoma this past year. I think he can play left or right side. He's got some versatility on that regard. Six ' seven, he's got room to fill out. I think the technique can be a little bit sloppy. He can get overpowered at times. But at twenty four and we've seen if the Cowboys say all right, like with Tyler Smith, who a lot of people thought was a project, but they see traits that they like that they can bold Geiton kind of fits that a little bit for me. I wonder if at twenty four, if he's the best offensive tackle there. To me, right now, he seems like the most likely replacement.
Speaker 6: I'm torn.
Speaker 9: I'm torn on whether they're going to and we kind of talked about it before the show started, if they're gonna move Tyler back to tackle and then just go get a guard. Maybe not in the first round, maybe in the second or third round.
Speaker 10: Do you think they need to get a guard, because I think I feel TJ. Bass can be a plug and play left guard. I'd rather just address center and then we can just go for depth pieces behind that.
Speaker 6: I agree.
Speaker 9: I struggle with that because personally, I just think, uh, the depth is just it's invaluable to question and I and I and again, I do think he's capable of being a starter. I don't mean I want to be one right now unless he just outright earns it, which is he could. But I that's the thing that tears me. Do you think that Guidan could play guard?
Speaker 10: No? I think Morgan Morgan play guard. Guid and I think needs to probably stay at tackle. I don't see the bend there like you do. For Morgan. I think he's a little too stiff in the lower body to kick inside.
Speaker 6: So you guys are comfortable with a rookie left tackle, yeah.
Speaker 7: Just because just because of their history, the history here of this organization, first round offensive tackles have been plug and play. That that is, that is something that you know, you can fault him for some things, but everyone that they've ever addressed is a first round offensive lineman. Seems to have worked out for them. And now, but we saw a poor draft last year. We've always talked about them about being a great drafting team. You hope you hope that this is not one of those times that all of a sudden that that doesn't hold true.
Speaker 9: I struggle with that too though, because I'm just like, there's other skill players that are there.
Speaker 6: If there's other.
Speaker 9: Players there, you know, bitting on the fact, like, oh, if I get a first round talent, then yeah, I mean great.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'll tell you what happened though, Ayisha, And I think you know this, all these players that went out the out the door, they lost their flexibility for best available player.
Speaker 6: It hurt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you now you're now there's two things you need to think about in this draft, addressing your needs and how can I get a fourth round pick?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a crappy place to be in.
Speaker 7: And that's where all of a sudden you start to say, maybe the level of the tackle that you want to take is not there. Maybe all of a sudden, now you're saying, well, we've got to grab a center here, and there's gonna be somebody on your board when you get to twenty four and you're gonna look down and you're going, I got this linebacker graded higher. Yep, I've got this wide receiver graded higher, and you're gonna and you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to I think.
Speaker 7: I think the way that free agency went for this team, and I'm sure somebody walked down the hall and hit me up side the head with a board and say, no, no, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: I would love for that to happen within the next forty minutes. Yeah, you can get it on camera. But see that's what I'm saying, though.
Speaker 7: I just feel like they've lost their flexibility for best available player.
Speaker 3: You can't take Cede Lamb in this draft, not anymore because people go, well, what are you gonna do, etc. What are you gonna do a left tackle? What are you gonna do at lineback?
Speaker 10: How you end up with a bad draft class though, because you're right, I which with you, But you draft for need, that's.
Speaker 3: How you end up teaching draft for teams.
Speaker 7: Do draft for need? You draft best available player with based on your need. So they're going to hope. And that's why I think the Tyler Smith moving to tackle spot could be what if the right the correct.
Speaker 3: Tax is not on that board. Sure you don't like Morgan, maybe like Martin Johnson.
Speaker 7: I will say this about Guidon Okay, And I learned this working in that room with Jerry Jones. If you tell him he reminds you of somebody he knows, it will make sense.
Speaker 3: Someone in that room is going to say flows l Adams to him, Okay. Somebody's going to say a six ' eight.
Speaker 7: No, okay, somebody is yes. Somebody is going to in that room, if they know better, is going to mention the name Flozell Adams, huge man, athlete, played guard, played tackle. You know, he he was the exactly See, That's that's what Jerry understands when you tell him, hey, boss, he reminds me of this guy, And all of a sudden, Jerry starts looking over the top of his glasses like, Okay, I see what you're talking about here, you know.
Speaker 3: So that's how you sell guid in to him, I believe.
Speaker 7: But the flexibility of taking Aisha's best wide receiver or best corner off that board. Now corner, maybe maybe you could take the best corner and you'd be okay, But you take a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: What if that tight end got to you? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: There's if is there? Are you taking him?
Speaker 7: That's I'm saying you need to And I talked about kill.
Speaker 10: You for that one because because Brian, you've taught me, don't window dress that board right.
Speaker 2: No, So like in the situation going into the to me, I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you can view it like that. I don't think my view of team building.
Speaker 7: Don't tell them they're going You don't think they're going to stack their board with all their needs in the top of that board and your window.
Speaker 3: Dress on your board.
Speaker 7: Well, they have to, they have no choice. They got to make sure that they get the guys that they want.
Speaker 10: But they are a football team where they're only way of team building right now, and they can disagree and that's totally fine. But what they've proven over the last few years is we are building through the draft. Your same needs that you have right now aren't your same needs you're gonna have next year. And where you're drafting, you aren't drafting for this year, you're drafting for four you're drafting for five years now. When they took Ceedee Lamb, was he a need pick? No, he ends up being one of their best picks of the last decade. And where would you be without him right now? So if I take light too, Law too, and he's the best player on my board, and yes, I'm desperate for a center, Yes I'm desperate for a tackle.
Speaker 3: Four years from now, are you.
Speaker 10: Going to look back if law two hits and say, damn, that was a bad pick we really should have taken.
Speaker 3: Probably No.
Speaker 10: And that's how good teams draft, and that's why this team's been a good drafting team. You get in trouble when you take a Mazzie Smith, Sure who doesn't pan out, and maybe he still will.
Speaker 3: I'm not losing out just an.
Speaker 10: Example right now, but because oh, we really need to help our run game, we really need a big defensive tackle. That's how teams end up taking the wrong players because they go ahead and draft for need and they don't take the player that they grated the best. I agree with you, and I think if you take a player like that in a position like that, then you're good.
Speaker 3: You take the best player on your board.
Speaker 2: He's probably gonna end up being one of the better players because you evaluate them, you trust them in whatever that ends up being.
Speaker 3: But the one thing you said in that whole monologue is the.
Speaker 2: Fact you said desperate. They are desperate in a couple of spots. Whenever CD Lamb was taken, they weren't desperate in a couple of spots. There were some spots sure that it was probably a bigger need than wide receiver they should have used at edge.
Speaker 3: Desperate for an edge. They were desperate. I wouldn't say desperate though, because they still had Tank Lawrence.
Speaker 2: They still had some pieces that they had already invested in, like a Dorn's arms.
Speaker 10: You don't think there's a scout in that room that'll say like, oh, we got TJ. Batch, we got brought Coff and we can line up and play if we had you.
Speaker 3: Are we desperate?
Speaker 10: Yes, So we're so desperate we're gonna read one and I'm not gonna take a one.
Speaker 3: I think you're just it's a bad strategy.
Speaker 4: That's where you move back though. That's that's where you have the flexibility of picking up that force.
Speaker 3: We can we can go ahead and move back. I'm okay with moving back. Can we can trade back.
Speaker 4: My question though, is when you're drafting you say you're you're against drafting for need. Let's say you are drafting for need. You need to be able to do that. You need to have trust in your scouting depart I don't think it'd be hard pressed to find another organization that trusts for scouting department.
Speaker 3: More a lot of pressure usually coming after more pressure on them.
Speaker 10: If you're going to overdraft a player, when those scouts said, hey, this guy's clearly better, and now we're going to go ahead and take X for need and pass on a guy that we have evaluated.
Speaker 7: They're not going to jumps. They're going to make sure all those guys.
Speaker 3: Are in luck there. Yeah, and I'm not against drafting for need.
Speaker 10: I'm just against doing it when we clearly have a better player that is there that is slid just for the sake of drafting a need pick.
Speaker 2: Would you be overdrafting Jordan Morgan, Tyler, Guidon, Amarius.
Speaker 10: Mems who else? I mean, that's it really just depends on who else would be sitting there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just don't have the luxury, to me, with how the draft went last year, to not be aggressive and to not you need contribution from your top three picks at the very least immediately.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't get a contribution from an edge if you drafted.
Speaker 6: You would, That's what I'm a I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 9: I'm agreeing with you, right, I know, I'm like Lord Mersey, I ain't have to get you. I feel the same way. I think they have put themselves in a bad situation. But a lot of it has to do with the lack of contribution from your draft picks last year and not knowing what they're going to be because quite frankly, we're talking about tackle.
Speaker 6: We have no idea what awesome Richards is.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 6: That's the problem, no idea.
Speaker 9: But maybe they do and maybe that maybe that may play into Connor what you were talking about with t J. Bis and brock Kaufman. They might be like, well, maybe we can't get a receiver here because they do have faith in what Awesome has.
Speaker 6: We just don't have that right now.
Speaker 7: I agree with you to a point, and the point I would think I would feel a lot better if I knew what Awesome Richards was instead of Tuma Adoka playing tackle. I agree, But I and I know, and I know what Matt Let's go is. He's got his he's got his shoulders getting fixed. Okay, I think Matt well Let's go is a tough guy and all that. He just hadn't play. But I don't know if they could tell me what they know about Awesome Richards, you know.
Speaker 3: And maybe, like I say, you're right, maybe they've got it all squared up.
Speaker 7: I wish they would have played Awesome Richards then, and that way I would have feel better about I do know I've seen their left guard play at a high level at left tackle.
Speaker 3: I know that i'd seen that one with my own eyes.
Speaker 9: Are you in the mindset though, I'm in the mindset of wherever they put him this year?
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I think they can move them one more time and then you're you're done. I'm over. You're staying stay put.
Speaker 6: It's not even me, and I'm over it, not even me.
Speaker 2: All right, we got through a whopping one position through this game.
Speaker 3: No, like I loved the conversation.
Speaker 2: I'll take it the way I'm It's a debate that will ray John from now and then thirty seven days later in the NFL Draft, when the war room is lit up across the hallway and normally you could.
Speaker 4: Do a quick fire around, just go like we're gonna go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna push it into the second seconds, right, We're gonna fire. Are gonna push it into the second segment. We're gonna get to the rest.
Speaker 2: Of that when we come back with more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped the.
Speaker 4: Fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 3: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Laser Care Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 3: Don't funble your vision any longer.
Speaker 11: Visit them at.
Speaker 12: Dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 13: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride experience. Our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothieking wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a Coolie or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate Hey the nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadeent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is the Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 3: Com Draft Show. Their first rounder.
Speaker 2: Kenny Chesney is bringing his son Goes Down Tour twenty twenty four with Zach Brown, banded special guest Meghan Morony and Uncle Cracker to a T and T Stadium on May eleventh. You can chuckle all you want, but tickets are on sale now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing provider.
Speaker 3: Of AT and T Stadium. That your that your your level.
Speaker 4: By the way, I will not be able to make that one the.
Speaker 3: Sun goes down. Yeah you know that one. Yeah, I don't know, man, Okay, all right, we're just her job over this. Don't say a word. Yeah, I will say I do like I do. Like Zach Brown Band. I've seen Zach Brown Band live before. They're very good. Great show, folks, go check it. Check it out dot com to check it out. Have fun. Everybody May eleventh, ninety thousand people. They are just letting their.
Speaker 4: Defin will be ninety That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: The foot draft draft.
Speaker 4: That's football, all right.
Speaker 2: I want to get to the rest of these positions that need to be replaced for the Cowboys. We got through offensive tackle. Thanks Zach Wolcheck for starting and sparking.
Speaker 3: That debate we had. I thought it was an It was a very fun conversation. Well, I'm gonna start with you on this one. Aha. Tyler Biais has gone at center.
Speaker 2: Who's the most likely draft prospect to replace him?
Speaker 6: If they're picking in the early rounds.
Speaker 3: Wherever you feel like the value fits best.
Speaker 6: Do you guys have a first one?
Speaker 3: I have a third.
Speaker 4: I think I had fourth.
Speaker 3: That's what you believe. I believe.
Speaker 9: I believe that they would like his temperament, and I do believe that they also would if they didn't pick a center.
Speaker 6: I just don't see them picking a center in.
Speaker 3: The first round.
Speaker 6: Feel that in my spirit.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 9: So I think I think he's I think he's a respected player. I think people know who he is and things like that. He still can use some polish, I think, and I think this team has started to kind of like that.
Speaker 6: I feel like they have drafted guys. It's really hard not to look at this last draft with the draft before that.
Speaker 9: You do see that they like some guys that have a little bit of rawness to them that they can maybe polish. I think that set of being praying as a gentleman that they could take and maybe the third round if they had that option, to clear up that center position. Is there any guy in the later rounds that's a center that you guys are interested?
Speaker 4: I started to talk about Bordalini, although I feel like he's creeping in the Day two territory for sure.
Speaker 2: Can I throw out Mason mccormicks out to coach. Yeah, I think I put very athletic that spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's a guard. Yeah, I think he's a guard.
Speaker 2: But if you're talking about filling some spots, yeah, maybe move TJ.
Speaker 3: Bass inside or.
Speaker 4: Nat Lee out of Miami. Has a little dog to him. He's raw, but he's got some dogs at the shroom ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking dog. So I gotta give bou limmerg just a little bit of the.
Speaker 6: Fourth round, like opposite, we talked about this the other week.
Speaker 9: If they don't pick in the third round, I think Bo's a guy that maybe might be there the fourth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you pick up that.
Speaker 9: Fourth, Yeah, if you pick up that fourth, fourth, I think he's he's doing himself too much justice with how he's performed as of late. I think that he's doing he's getting more traction bo is in my opinion, because at first I would have been like, oh, maybe he's like a fifth and some people's eyes early fifth, late fourth. But the way that he's played, and it's just his attitude and the way he can wrestle in there, like that's.
Speaker 6: What people are looking for.
Speaker 3: Just doesn't quit man, what you got.
Speaker 4: I want to continue to bang the table for Christian Hands as a potential center option.
Speaker 3: I do love that option too.
Speaker 4: If he's there, If he's sitting there in eighty seven, you take that, Yeah, I would to you take him to I think he I think he comes off in the second round there. Yeah, I think he comes off late second. But I think once you start getting past pick fifty to fifty five, especially with this offensive line class, that's gonna be really fluid, and I think it's gonna it's there's a lot of shaking around that could happen there. I think there's some guys that might might go later than they were expected, or guys that'll go earlier than they may maybe would have expected.
Speaker 3: Christian Hanes a center though, Yeah, I think he can play center guard forty nine straight games a guard. Yeah. I saw him play center at a Senior Bowl. I loved what I saw. A smart player, yes.
Speaker 4: Really smart player IQ pre snap tendencies and he was calling out stuff pre snap for Yukon. So yeah, that's a that's a guy I would want in the in the middle.
Speaker 9: Okay, I have another gentleman. Have you guys watched Gear Greenfield, South Dakota. Yes, okay, that he's a guard. I don't think he's I don't think I don't I'm not sure if he can move to center, but he is a guard that I think maybe somebody.
Speaker 6: Might think about possibly he could play some center.
Speaker 9: Just because of how he finishes and how he bounces off the line.
Speaker 6: He's a four year starter. He's just so tall and I'm very tall. He's very tall, very lengthy.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you want that for a center, but I do think he's a guy that is gonna fall maybe be in the later rounds that people might look at.
Speaker 4: So there's so many fun so talented.
Speaker 9: They're talented and their their technique is very sound as well. But yeah, all right, so you covered a million centers. But said to brand is a gentleman that I think might be down He's.
Speaker 3: A nasty guy, too tough. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: And I I love what I just did there because to me with you know people not maybe you're gonna down play him a little bit because he's two hundred.
Speaker 3: Ninety eight pounds right now for that, but you know, he's a stout guy.
Speaker 7: He had a little bit more trouble with the power in the Tennessee game than the Kentucky game that I watched. But man, I'll tell you what, though he's got some his nastiness is impressive.
Speaker 3: And you know, I.
Speaker 7: Think because when he keeps his feet moving, he he could be hard to deal with because he can position, he can kind of wall you off.
Speaker 3: He could keep you from the ball.
Speaker 7: But that's that's where in space, I think he's a nightmared for these defenders to deal with because he gets out in space he.
Speaker 3: Could pull second level.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of really positive things about them, as as a said, But the thing is he is two hundred and ninety eight pounds right now, so you know, we probably need to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 9: I talk myself out of it because I just realized.
Speaker 6: That they need people to play in the third round.
Speaker 9: And if they think Kaufman is going to be a starter, are you going to use a third round on a center if he's not gonna play it?
Speaker 3: Because I think he's what do you believe? What do you do you think, bro I think I don't want to know what they think. I want to know what you think.
Speaker 2: Do you think brock Hoffman would be better starting or do you think Cedric Van Pram would be.
Speaker 3: A better starter.
Speaker 9: I think he's capable of starting. I just we haven't seen a whole bunch from him. I like what I saw from him in a few games that he did play though, just the fire and the ball. I thought he and TJ. Bass worked really well together. And I think your interior has to have that temperament like and it can't be for play play either.
Speaker 2: It can't be like I lost, absolutely.
Speaker 9: Not and even be hodish like I felt like he had the attitude but it didn show.
Speaker 6: Up in his play all the time.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 9: So baby, if you're talking, you better be firing off that ball the same way you talking.
Speaker 6: So for me, I think that it has to match.
Speaker 9: And with Hoffman, I feel like his talk and how he is attitudely matches what we've seen for him the times we've seen him play. I think he's people respect.
Speaker 6: Him in the locker room for what I understand. I think he's capable.
Speaker 9: But if you can't get better there, I think it just depends on if you.
Speaker 3: You brought up you brought up Van Prant, give me him all day over?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, We've talked about these sinners and all that.
Speaker 3: I think there's an opportunity here to upgrade.
Speaker 7: I think this is one of this classes of sinners where we named off five guys and I felt like like.
Speaker 3: Every one of them. When you name the guy, I said, yeah, and if.
Speaker 6: Is a really good backup, you're blessed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I'm sorry about death. You sorry about depth position?
Speaker 4: Yes, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Well real quickly in this entire conversation, I'm kind of shocked.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear any Graham Barton talk out of Duke Well.
Speaker 6: I didn't think he oh well.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, four. Do you think he got in there? That's my that is my dream selection.
Speaker 6: You think he's going to be there.
Speaker 10: That's why to take Graham Barton at twenty four out of.
Speaker 3: Due Graham Barton would be outstanding there.
Speaker 7: To me, if you traded back to Buffalo at twenty eight, Baltimore at thirty picked up the late third round pick, remember we talked about that before Day three starts.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 10: Fraser Frasers, Well, yeah, I mean either way, just landing a tackle.
Speaker 7: If you can tell me a tackle you could trade back for, or a sinner you could trade back for.
Speaker 3: I mean exacting.
Speaker 4: I'm a Frasier.
Speaker 7: Give me four picks inside the top one hundred yep, and I'm playing.
Speaker 3: I'm fixing this football team.
Speaker 4: Sounds good to Yeah, and another guy to keep an eye on it. We haven't really talked about him as much when we talk about this tackle class. I feel like he kind of gets lost in the shuff a little bit, just because he's comfortably a second round grade, but a potential trade back option that you're looking at in that thirty to thirty five range. Let's say they end up in there. Kingsley Sue Sue Taya out of a b YU. He's got the guard flex, so you can bring him in and see if he works better at left guard or left tackle. You're able to work him out with Tyler Smith in that instance. He's a transfer from Morgan. He was a highly touted recruit, played a couple of years there at b YU and was really strong, first team All Big twelve. I like Kingsley. I think you would be too.
Speaker 3: I think you're right all right.
Speaker 2: Linebacker Nick Harris, So.
Speaker 4: I'm what what linebacker role are we trying to?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Fil got Eric Kendrick. So'm I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 2: Give me a true Mike linebacker, a true mic Yes, Okay, then I'm giving you Junior Coles.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ten times out of ten.
Speaker 3: Second round. Don't look at that, don't look at the helmet.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah at all at all. Yeah, I'm taking Junior Colson if he's there.
Speaker 2: Fifty six out of your last four first or second round picks have come from the University of Michigan. That yeah, wa to say they've got a ring, not at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Junior Colson probably a Day two option, a Day three option that I've I'm starting to love a little bit more the more I I look into him. Is a Jordan McGee out of Temple. That's another one that I like. That was a formal meeting at the combine. Trevin Wallace. We mentioned him a few times.
Speaker 3: Out of Wallace, I just watched him. I saw Kentucky, right, Yes, somebody talked to me about him. Yeah. Where's the third, fourth round? Where is he?
Speaker 4: We're probably looking at a fifth fifth, probably just because he's five eleven. There's probably a little bit a size concerns there, especially when you're looking at it from Cowboys perspective, you feel like you really need big body linebacker.
Speaker 3: That's why he's a little shorter.
Speaker 4: He's a little shorter so I but I think he's athletic freak.
Speaker 3: He's high instincts.
Speaker 4: He's he's going to be a thirty visit. That was reported by Nicole Hutcheson, So you know that's a guy that they're looking at pretty closely too.
Speaker 3: He shed's blocks well.
Speaker 10: I think he does a good job and navigating around the trash, can drop back and coverage, can play man zone. I think he's really good at filling holes in the running game. Like he plays with his the instincts and his eye awareness very very strong. I mean in high school he was a dude that played all over the field, even returned kicks, stay weightlifting champs, set the school record for long jump. He's kind of just a freak athlete type dude. I absolutely love him. I will say, you want a true Mike. And maybe it's just because he was hurt, so he's not getting a ton of love and I know the athleticism is not there. But Tommy Eikenberg from Ohio State, Yeah, like in the fourth round, I would just say, you know.
Speaker 3: What, has he slipped that far?
Speaker 10: Well, he just a guy that I don't think is getting a whole lot of.
Speaker 4: Conversations because he's just a guy. He's a jack, you know.
Speaker 3: But I don't think there's a And I'm not going.
Speaker 10: To argue that because I mean at the athletic traits there and I put that in my notes, like there's nothing special with the speed, but he makes plays.
Speaker 9: And that's unfortunate too, because I think a lot of that has to do with how he's built and just kind of how he looks.
Speaker 6: But even when you.
Speaker 9: Looked at like a Jack Campbell last year who has that kind of bulk build and things like that, he still had more coverage ability. To me, he still was a more fluid mover and things like that. We got to see it this year. So to your point, I don't know, I don't know. If I don't know, if I would take I canberg.
Speaker 6: I think that I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't even know, because I feel like, what is he even going to give you on special teams with his lack of movement, because you know, these young guys are gonna.
Speaker 3: Have to play that guy he'll run down and cover.
Speaker 6: There's a part Okay, well, okay, then correct me then.
Speaker 9: But that's a part of it that I do think is important is to also realize they've lost pieces on special teams too, and I felt like they took a step back last year and coverage and things like that. So some of these guys that we're talking about that are like, Okay, well are we gonna are these guys, these linebackers, the guys gonna come in and play early. I'm like, yeah, maybe they need to be able to run down to If.
Speaker 7: You're gonna take Jack Campbell from Iowa from last year, take Peyton Wilson from North Carolina.
Speaker 9: State, you think so, yeah, I mean yeah, because he is Jack had injuries to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know about the but I'm just saying the same kind of players.
Speaker 7: You what a player that can play downhill, could cover fill gaps.
Speaker 3: That's mean to me. I'm getting to the point now with I'm this is gonna sound terrible. This thing.
Speaker 7: I wonder, with the injury history with Peyton Wilson, if he is going to be one of those guys that you're sitting there in the third round and he's still.
Speaker 4: There and you're wondering why he's still there.
Speaker 3: You know why?
Speaker 7: You know, I guarantee you there's gonna come down to we're getting close to Dallas's pick there in the third round, and Peyton Wilson be on the board, and we're all gonna look at each other and go, do we have the guts to do this?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 6: Somebody's gonna take a chance on him.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, you're the one that's pushing the button.
Speaker 7: If you're the one that kid is, you want to you want a linebacker that plays with his hair on fire. Got is Peyton Wilson, and he's got nothing probably left in his knees.
Speaker 10: He's the best linebacker in the draft, the first off the ballard.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: If we would all say that he's we would all say the third round that he's the best player.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not speaking for you, I'm speaking for myself here. I agree with you. You can talk for me on that.
Speaker 7: But I mean, this guy is so complete in the way he plays, and all of a sudden, Dallas has a history of doing this, and it kills me because they get four or five years, six years out of a guy.
Speaker 3: And we saw it yesterday Leyton.
Speaker 7: Vanderish, you know, and he had an injury history coming out of Bois, you know, and it caught up. We've had it happen several Cowboy players, linebackers. But you know what, in the third round, if I wanted to go get a linebacker that was still sitting there of Peyton Wilson's still sitting there for North Carolina State, hand that damn card in.
Speaker 2: Please I'm too Yeah, all right, I want to take our second break.
Speaker 3: When we come back. We haven't talked a lot about the cornerback class. We haven't talked about some of these dbs. I want to do a positional spotlight with that. Who stands out?
Speaker 2: Where is the value any late risers among this cornerback class?
Speaker 3: When we come back right after this with more of the draft show.
Speaker 14: All right, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision.
Speaker 1: Correction procedure at Laser Care I Center. We offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see check.
Speaker 14: Them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood.
Speaker 13: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: They snapper the Prescott who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 4: He'll run for a Hunkstown.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an actor trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King. And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show. This segment is brought to you by your Texas for dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. It's the Draft Show presented by Miller. Like taste, you can depend on with Brian brad us Aysham Morrison, Nick Harris, Sack Walchuck. I'm Kyle Yeoman's all right, Ayusha, I'm gonna let you start things off here. Positional spotlight time. It's time to take a deep dive into the cornerback spot. Who stands out to you? Are there any names that we should keep an eye on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, y'all, you know you can't say a Michigan player's name without people getting upset.
Speaker 6: But okay, Mike Sanders still got it.
Speaker 9: Okay, cool quarterback cornerback Michigan. I watched him last night and we were talking about it even on the break. This is this might be the best nickel corner in this draft. He's so, he's he's It's interesting how he's able to stay square and bend. He's not the biggest, but he comes downhill and he plays big, very right.
Speaker 6: He's little nuts, very willing tackler.
Speaker 9: This gentleman started as a receiver, and I think you can see that in some of how he plays his keys.
Speaker 6: And he has versatility.
Speaker 9: I think he can play in multiple UH defensive coverages. I think he can do more. I don't know about the functional play strength just now. But I know he has a good feel. I think he's a fit. I know he can play man, but I think he could grow there. And obviously converted from wide receiver, it is gonna take him some time to get a little bit more feel for that. The short area of quickness is there, the burst and then acceleration to make plays, you know, on the ball, to play recognition. If you listen to some of the guys from even talking about the Senior Bowl, they were saying that he was calling out plays as they were getting into them. So the IQ's high with this gentleman also too, I think his transitions are things he can still work on. Again, this is still a somewhat raw player, but he just doesn't play that way. He plays with patience. He's exciting also too when you watch him. He bounces off the tape to you. So and again we talked about him playing nickel. I do think he has shown the ability to be able to track the ball and to not panic downfield when he is attacked downfield. But I think this gentleman could thrive as a nickel corner and really really make it difficult on some of these receivers because he plays with he gets his depth, he gets his leverage.
Speaker 6: He's just smart.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, he's happy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a lot of he has upside and that's.
Speaker 9: Exciting because when you watch him, you're already like, dang, this do can play. But the fact that he has upside in room to grow makes him very intriguing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably where the biggest concerns do lie. But you mentioned him starting his career a Michigan as receiver, and typically when we talk about guys that start the careers as receivers in college, there's a it's like okay, yeah, you know, that's what he was recruited as, but he couldn't really find his placement on the depth chart. Hey, let's try you on defense. Oh, you're really working there. That wasn't the case with Sanders Stiell. He was productive as a slot receiver for the Wolverines in his first two years. They move him to the defensive side, and he brings a receiver's knowledge to that defensive side because he's able to anticipate certain route concepts. He's really good as a nickel because he there's so much that you have to account for right there in the middle of the field as a nickel, and he knows what those receivers are trying to do. He brings a wealth of knowledge. There had a pretty good combine two four four seven forty forty inch vert ten eleven on the broad. I love Sandra still really.
Speaker 3: Do what you got. That guy nailed both of you guys. Great job on that.
Speaker 7: This guy is for old school people. This is Ronde Barber from the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Because this guy will blitz off the corner. You put him in the slot, he will hammer your ass, you know, and he has a timing. He has a sense of how to make it work. He plays very aware. He's you know, when you watch him, he's always going to put himself in position. I'd like to see him get his head around a little bit quicker sometimes. I think that, you know, early this season that was a little bit prompt. Towards the end of the season, you saw some improvement there. But there's some quick feet to him. There's some smoothness in the way he plays. I love the way he plays in the slot. I think that's his best spot in the NFL. He is an outstanding blitzer and if anybody knows about Rhndi Barber from the old Tampa days. You put him in the slot and then Nickel you blitz him and he was always coming up with a turnover. This guy's similar type of player that way.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you a guy that I'm really starting to pay attention to that I think is going to be getting a lot of love here late in the process. Elijah Jones out of Boston College, six foot one and a half one hundred and eighty five pounds, more of a slender frame, but he blew the combine away with a four four four forty forty two and a half ver ten eleven on the broad and he was He turned a lot of heads after Indianapolis went back and watched him a little bit more. I got to talk to him a little bit in Nindy two. This is a smart, smart player and he plays with it on the outside. He's he doesn't do anything spectacular, but he does everything good. And I really love what I saw from Elijah Jones. I think he's a guy that's going to be valued more and more as this process goes on. He's he's a guy that a team would love to have at the boundary.
Speaker 2: First word I saw on his report instincts. I haven't watched him yet, so I'm just looking at online. But Zerline, who does a great job on NFL dot Com, says instincts, that's the first thing you pop up. So when you say he's a smart player, that's something there. You compare that his things with athleticism. I'm writing him down right now. I'm gonna go back and watch him tonight.
Speaker 3: Zach, who you.
Speaker 10: Got, man, There's so many different corners you could go with here, Andrew Phillips comes to mind. I'm gonna go with Kyrie Jackson Oregon. Yeah, he's a little bit different to some of these dudes we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Six four.
Speaker 10: You mentioned blitzing and I immediately thought Kyrie Jackson led Oregon with three picks last year.
Speaker 3: Ten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he is an alpha, like he's an alpha that secondary transfer from Alabama, where he spent his sophomore in junior seasons. Played a lot of special teams there with the Tidies, big long, tall, boundary corner, really good Blitzer, willing to come up set the edge in the running game, can play press zone. I think he passes off coverages really well, moves and flips his hips. He's got fluidity there for its size. Really good athlete. He can get beat off the line in press when he doesn't get a jam or his feet are just a little bit slow to get turned around. I thought Jalen Polk gave him a bit of an issue there when he gave Polk a free release. He beats him for a touchdown in the game that I watched him play against Washington. But overall, he does a good job of mirroring receivers downfield, and he really does a good job of disrupting route timing because he's so physical with guys, so maybe not great long speed, He's a long strider, but I like the potential of him and Kyrie Jackson's one of these guys the confidence in an issue, plays with a lot of swagger. I love his play temperament. He's a fun player and certainly really really stands out to you when you watch that Oregon defense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reminds me a lot of Nation right when he was coming sure, Yeah, especially with the organized Oregon Oregon State.
Speaker 7: Jarvis Brownlee from a Louisville, Yeah, I like him. Is a five to nine and ninety four pound corner he's transferred from Florida State. He played boundary corner. And when I say boundary corner to you guys and you hear that phrase, it means they put him into the short side of the field, so they use the sideline as a little bit of some help over there. It plays that short side, so but they also use him in the slot that he's to me, I love the way he competes at the position. He's really good when he walks up on a receiver and he plays that man coverage. I think he's best when he's like this, you know what. The running aspect him might be a little bit off the Notre Dame Senter receiver out on the slot that went up and end up being a touchdown on but I do feel like he's got the quick feet.
Speaker 3: I think he's got some change of direction.
Speaker 7: I think he's more than willing to step up and that could play on the ball when it comes to tackling.
Speaker 3: He's not afraid to mix it up.
Speaker 7: He's got a good feet to mirror on the outside and stay with the receiver in the short and.
Speaker 3: Intermediate route areas. And the instincts I like well.
Speaker 7: And he's got a knack for always being around the siver and knocking the ball the way. So Jarvis Brownlee, he's a cornerback out of Louisville, is a guy that I would be like to mention.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Florida State, Yes, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna throw out three names really quick, and then I'm going to ask y'all a specific question about one of these higher ranked guys that I'd love to get y'all's perspective on a couple of HBC you guys. I just want to show some love to Willy Drew out of Virginia State. He's been training with Mike Santra's still with the great dB trainer Jacory Nichols here in the Dallas area, so he's he's spent a lot of time in the area. Four four to six at the combine for Willie, he's a guy that's really starting to pick up some steamers. HBCU you guys go, and then you're talking about big guys at corner Mikey Victor out of Alabama State six three two o nine. He brings a lot of size to that outside. We talked about Quantes Stiggers about a month ago on this show. Just wanted to update the listeners on kind of where he had. Where he's at with his journey man. It sounds more and more every day like he's gonna get picked. So he had his pro day last week and had a really great showing. Twenty nine of the thirty two teams were there. The Cowboys were one of them. He's got ten thirty visits scheduled, so a lot of teams really interested in what he has to bring. It just feels like there's more good news stacking with him every single day out of.
Speaker 2: The CFL in Toronto. And where did he do his.
Speaker 3: Pro day was his own.
Speaker 4: He did it. He did it at his high school that he only had a thirty seven teammates or twenty seven teammates at when he was in high school, at the Best Academy and Atlanta. He did it right in between Georgia and Georgia Tech's pro day, so a lot of teams were able to swing through and make it.
Speaker 3: So it's really working out great scheduling on him today. Shout out to.
Speaker 4: Shout out to his agent, Fred Lyles. We've gotten to interact with him a little bit. Just we're doing a big.
Speaker 3: Fit tread last year at the Combine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's he's he's doing a really good job with handling contest stiggers and what he got going on. So the question I wanted to ask you about a specific highly ranked corner. I look at Nate Wiggins out of Clemson. I really love what he brings to the table. I think he's physical despite him being extremely slender, And that kind of leads into my question here. Came in at six seventy three at the Combine. I know the weight is concerning a lot of people. It's it's kind of the same question that you ask with Xavier Worthy. You know, if he ran a four to two three, are we talking about him being one hundred and sixty five pounds a little bit more? But talking about it on the defensive side. Nate Wiggins ran a four to two eight, and we're talking a lot about his weight coming out of the Combine. Granted he came back to Clemson's pro day last week and was one eighty eight, but how much of that is you know, water weight and realizing that you kind of have to weigh in at a pretty acceptable number for these scouts that are in attendance and plus you're in your own backyard, You're able to prep for a little bit better.
Speaker 3: But do you guys worry about.
Speaker 4: Having a slender corner in a league today where you need to be a little bit more physical than Finesse.
Speaker 3: We did that last year with.
Speaker 7: Our Mississippi States and he had a little bit of a rough year, uh, you know, with dealing with that. And I think over all the Commanders had a rough year on defense. And you know, and I'm not putting it all on the kid. I man, I kind of feel like with Wiggins, I kind of feel like he's a better zone corner than he is a man corner.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that, Yeah, I mean, and that's his style. I mean, that's why this size has been able to work.
Speaker 3: Physical.
Speaker 7: I've got the kid in the first round and I and I did it on the tape that I watched. And because I do see a guy with loose hips, I do see top end speed. I do see him getting moved. His socks move faster than everybody else's socks.
Speaker 3: On the field.
Speaker 7: You could see that on tape. And you know, but I mean he'll break on the ball. I've seen him wrap up as a tackler. I mean, the effort was good, so I were he refuses to give up on a play, and that's what I really appreciated about the kid. And I could see some people because of the way, are gonna are probably gonna ding him a little bit. But I think he plays fast. I think he plays quick. I think you're gonna he's gonna have to go to the right place that kind of understands it. Maybe he's a little bit better in zone coverage and then the slot stuff than he is playing man.
Speaker 6: Also too, I think it's gonna be important with him.
Speaker 9: I mean, because it is kind of crappy that Emanuel Forbes happened last year, and that's just kind of clear yet. But I also do think that we talked about it, it wasn't just there was a lot of things wrong with Washington's defense.
Speaker 11: I am.
Speaker 9: I think they will get some coaching, better coaching, especially on the secondary side of things. And that's my thing is with Wiggins is whoever takes him, if you are going to put weight on him, you have to be strategic and careful on how you do it. I don't think you don't want to take away from his speed and to Bryan's point. He still is coming up and tackling and things like that. It's not like I don't.
Speaker 3: Know struggles all blocks. It is the only thing with that size. But he is willing to come up and tackle.
Speaker 6: That's fair.
Speaker 9: So I think it's going to be scheme fit personally, and then also to deciding if put in weight on him is going to be beneficial or if it's going to hurt more, because I think it might hurt more because the speed and his anticipation in some of the things he's able to do because he's lighter is what makes him the player that he is.
Speaker 2: I've got one more name for you to throw out there. I'm want to see if you guys have watched him yet. How about Max Melton.
Speaker 3: I really like him a lot, A third round grade on him. I think he's a twitchy athlete.
Speaker 2: He had a phenomenal combine, ninety nine percent tile on the broad jump. He was a four to three nine record yes from Rutgers uh ninety four percent tile in the vertical, physical and aggressive despite just being five eleven one five, So he's got some size to him.
Speaker 3: The link is fine. I'm okay with the link.
Speaker 2: It's the physicality and the technice puts it at the line of scrimmage. I think there are times whenever his footwork gets sloppy, there's times when he is out of position, he bites on the double move.
Speaker 3: But overall, I think he's an athlete that you can teach.
Speaker 2: And you talked about growth ability, I he shue with some of these corners.
Speaker 3: I think he's another guy that has all the traits. He has some legitimate instincts.
Speaker 2: It's just technique that needs to be sharpened, and he's able to take a step forward and be a really good corner.
Speaker 7: In This kid US number sixteen. This kid has a knack for blocking kicks too. If you go back and look at his story that he on special teams he plays, he can get up on receivers really really tight and be very disruptive the way he plays. And then also see him playing zone and he pedals sideways, you know, like he gets like sideways and he's kind of dry and he's keeping everything into the middle of the field. So you've seen him kind of play either tight or in a zone, and he adapts, he really really does, and he gets his head around. He can locate the ball his ball skills are out standing. That's a great name to bring up. He knows how to finish place because the way he puts himself in position. I mentioned the special teams value there. I could see him being a nickel and a starter. And because of his aggressiveness, his toughness.
Speaker 2: I love the way this kid competes his brothers already in the league as well too, bow melting.
Speaker 4: You might remember him from a no. I love it, I love it, I love it. I do have one question before we get out of here. A couple of corners that I think could have some safety flex at the next level. TJ Tampa out of Iowa State, Ronardo Green out of floor.
Speaker 3: I keep not nowhere to put Green. Don't want to move TJ. Tampa. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: He's going to say he was one of the guys that I wanted to mention.
Speaker 3: Green.
Speaker 4: Drena is a difficult one. I think that's trouble. That's the guy you bring in the building and you play him out at some different.
Speaker 3: Positions and see what he wants training camp.
Speaker 7: He's gonna have a busy I kind of have a problem stacking him with the other guys.
Speaker 6: With the other corners.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because because he's really I think he's really good, and but then some of the other guys think might be a little bit better.
Speaker 3: But then you read your notes and I'm like.
Speaker 7: His toughness, the thing that I saw about him that kind of scares me.
Speaker 3: I think he's a fifty to fifty guy on penalties. I think he's a.
Speaker 7: Grabby, clutchy, you know, kind of hang on to you guy, and he plays all over the place. He's competitive, he's a great he's not He's the type of player he's not afraid to play you tight, and he's going to compete for every ball.
Speaker 3: But man, I saw a grabby drape.
Speaker 7: Over the arm back across the receiver's back kind of a player.
Speaker 9: I think he's too fast for his own good sometimes, and I actually put I think he needs to play more under control at times. And I think I just think he's so fast that sometimes he's he's beating the receiver to the spot and things like that, and so you will see some of the grab he's too early.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna I'm gonna send you my board and you can put him where you think.
Speaker 6: But I do.
Speaker 9: We did get to see him at the Shrine Bowl, and I felt like he played pretty clean.
Speaker 3: Like he's so smart.
Speaker 10: I think he's looking for qes to where he can just jump on routes and sometimes he's just he's too early at it.
Speaker 9: And it's crazy too because he has pbu's but he doesn't take the ball away a lot. So I think that's also the other side of if you are, you better, you know, make a play on the ball. So I actually really like the player a whole bunch, especially because of what he's able to do with man and you're seeing him battle with neighbors.
Speaker 3: Was I'm gonna I'm gonna have him too low?
Speaker 6: That was done to see.
Speaker 3: But you're no, no, no, I love it. I mean you guys are I think you're right about the player. I really do.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna talk to you Nick.
Speaker 3: That's gonna do it for us here on the Draft Show. That was a lot of fun, guys. Thanks for the debate, Thanks for the names. Did a nice job in this corner position. Got some corner has talked about.
Speaker 4: We're gonna keep doing some position spout lights.
Speaker 3: On Thursday's stopping on corners. I'm done, Brian's gonna do uh some would you rather? On Thursday? You gotta bring back would you rather? That was a popular segment from a couple of days ago. Thank you guys, than with Bobby.
Speaker 10: Jobby super Bb taking garbage.
Speaker 2: For Zach Wilchuck, Nick Harris, Brian brought us Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying.
Speaker 3: So long from the Draft show. We will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.