Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's the final hour in this Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. We'll give you our best and worst of the weekend. That'll be coming up eight seven to seven, three DP show operator Tyler sitting by NBA playoffs. The home teams all roll in Game one, eight no, and the margin of victory double digits. MBP finalists Joker, Don Chick and Gilgis Alexander probably going to finish in that order. I probably would flip PLoP Shay, Gilgis, Alexander and Luka Doncik. But I believe that the Joker is the best player in basketball. And these are three non Americans there. When you think about, you know, the number of Shay Gilgis Is from Canada, Don Chick and Joker European players. You look in the draft coming up, most of your top end players are from Europe. And that's why I think I'd like to see what's the NBA going to be in five years because of the global expansion of basketball, the number of players coming over to play college basketball, and of course the number of players going into the NBA. But Joker, Don Chick and Shay Gilgis Alexander are the three MVP candidates Here, Anthony Davis says he'll never win Defensive Player of the Year. He says that they don't like me. I don't know if that matters. I think there's always the well if he stays healthy. Nobody says that about Rudy Gobert. Rudy Gobert is a really good defender, obviously, but you don't say, oh, now you're not tuning in to see Rudy Gobert and he's not playing in big time games. But Anthony Davis, you do tune in, and chances are he might not be playing, or he might get injured when he plays, or he might not be one hundred percent when he plays. So I think that there is that stigma attached to him of can you give it to him? How often does he play? Did he play in the requisite sixty five games? I mean, I don't know if people don't like him, I think they have greater expectations for him than they do Rudy Gobert. I would have given it to Victor Wembayama. I'd like to know the number of shots that he blocked and or altered because I thought that he was. That was a defensive presence that you saw right in front of you. Rudy Gobert is a really good defender, but is he the best defender in the league. Not in my opinion. And Anthony Davis, I don't know. If somebody feels out their back talent goes Anthony, I don't like him. I think it's just availability. Yes, Poem.
Speaker 2: I have a theory that guys like Anthony Davis can't win usually can't win the Defensive Player of the Year because they're too good on offense. Like the lead with them isn't defense, Jaren Jackson Junior, the lead is defense and very good on offense.
Speaker 1: Well, it used to be when you played short stop. Yeah, you weren't known for your offense, so you were a good defensive player. Like Mark Blanger with the Orioles oh Man, he could pick it. He's a good defensive player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for this award, like Dwight Howard won it three years in a row. He led with defense and some offense. Kawhi Leonard early Kawhi won it twice and then his offense caught up. Younger Yannis won it.
Speaker 1: I can now talk about this I was sworn to secrecy about this, but I had this opportunity last week. I think of his last week. The greatest roast of all time. Tom Brady will be live on Netflix on May fifth at eight Eastern, hosted by Kevin Hart with an all star lineup of surprise roasters. No Brady Rule, no pads, no mercy. And somebody reached out to me and said, would you like to go to the Tom Brady Roast? Now I didn't know if they were saying would you like to roast him or just go to the roast? So I didn't. I thought it would have been awkward to say, Hey, am I going to be on the day its roasting him? Which I wouldn't want to do. But then I'm not going to be in La. It's on a Sunday night, I go. So I took the easy way out. I go, oh, won't be in La that Sunday night. And then the person who I've known for a long long time through the SPS said, Okay, you'll be missed. But that was it. It wasn't You're going to be one of the roasters, but I was. They extended an invitation for me to go to the roast, whether that is part of being a roaster or just sitting being a seat filler.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, do you think Tom knew what the guest list was for that type of event. I think he would probably have to approve who's going to be out there roasting him, because that would be awkward if you got out there to la and out of thing. He's like, what is he doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What?
Speaker 1: I thought we were cool? What I thought we were having big names up here? I thought, wait, wait, wait what? Why at him? Wait? Really? What dude? You don't even get nominated for a sportsman and you're going to be up here roasting me? God? How annoying is that going to be?
Speaker 5: In the next like five years, Tom's going to win thirty seven Emmys?
Speaker 1: Okay? Whatever? What happened? What happened? What happens? First? Tom Brady broadcast a football game? Tom Brady plays in a football game, a professional football Yes, Like he keeps saying, hey, you know that somebody needs me late season. You can't let it go. Is he going to be broadcasting games for Fox this upcoming season? It's a lot of money to not broadcast games. It just he keeps throwing these things out where and then you know he's going to be surprised, like, why do people keep asking me about am I going to play again? You keep saying that you might play again. Yes, you know.
Speaker 5: It's getting kind of irritating though he keeps doing podcasts Tom Brady and complaining about young people. Young people today. It's just about them and their brand. It's just about them and that what it can't know.
Speaker 1: I in team. If there's me and team, then we lose. And man, dude, just stop coming from TB twelve.
Speaker 5: I know, like you just took a year off to build your brand, all right, I get it, But I get it. You gave your salary back or whatever you took less, you did all that stuff you were a team for.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: However, you know these kids are coming up in a different time than you did. You didn't have the opportunity to You weren't getting nil at Michigan anyway when you played there, even if it was right now.
Speaker 1: Even when he got into the league, he wasn't going to establish a brand.
Speaker 5: I just I get your You know what, dude, you're too young to be like man, these young kids don't know anything.
Speaker 6: What's back in my day dude, you're forty five. Dad, This just doesn't you know what I was doing this. We didn't care about ourselves. We only cared about one thing. That objective was winning. Yes, Paul, this roast is.
Speaker 2: Live, live.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Comedy Central one was live ish. They taped them all. I edited a few things that were maybe too far. There's some danger with a live roast.
Speaker 1: I think Jeff Ross is he involved in this too.
Speaker 2: Jeff Cross and Kevin Hart are the only ones announced on the DACE.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hart had a big feature in sixty Minutes last night.
Speaker 2: I think he's hosting this roast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's hosting. But I didn't know who else was going to be going to it, Like are there going to be twenty thousand people there? And I got invited and I'm just one of twenty thousand people. I don't think I was a roaster. But they do write jokes for you if you want a roast. But I don't want to get up there in roast. Yes, Ton, if.
Speaker 7: A producer contacted you and said they want you to be a roaster and they were encouraging you to do that, would that change your own availability?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to do it even if they really wanted you.
Speaker 8: No, tom Brady specifically wanted to.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what I do. No, not interested. I mean I might watch or I'll see some of the highlights, but no, I'm not interested in being that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Paul, with a roasty, you need openings to roast them, Like I think there was a Justin Bieber roast, and there's lots of missteps in his life and his career that were top level. The Alec Baldwin roast, there was lots of missteps. What's what are Tom Brady's real missteps that people are going to launch into on this roast.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're allowed to bring up the trainer? Who is you know, Giselle's trainer?
Speaker 2: Oh boy?
Speaker 3: Or you?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know, you have to too soon?
Speaker 2: So no, oh Dan, that's actually the right angle.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like, if I'm roasting, then you're roasting. Do I bring up the cell phone? I mean, do I bring up the flate gate? Do? I? I mean?
Speaker 2: What else is there?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What are the other neggives they hit a bad hair week in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I don't know what else you're gonna.
Speaker 8: Say avocado ice cream? What's that about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was that your Kevin Hart? Doing that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: Kevin talk about this. I talk real path not necessarily funny. But if I talk real petal think funny.
Speaker 1: Sort of a ross parrot? Can I finish?
Speaker 8: What's that broke?
Speaker 1: Good of mind?
Speaker 8: A mine?
Speaker 1: That's what fox is in henhouse? Not gonna have none, eysy? Can I finish? All right? We came up with a new music topic last hour at the end of last hour, because you have the rock and Roll Hall of Fame and uh not everybody was all in on everybody who's going in? But uh, and they gave their reasons why. And Seton talks a lot about you know what artists or band like created something changed music And maybe that's his litmus test on who should be in the Hall of Fame. Uh. First of all, they need to change it to the music Hall of Fame because Shares not rock and roll. She's just an entertainer. When Adele goes in, she's not or Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, they're not rock and roll their music. You know, I think that that hurts too, when you go they're not rock and roll. Yeah, that's why it seems like it's flawed when you go, why did they do change it to the Music Hall of Fame rock and roll slash Music Hall of Fame something. But Seaton said, what about the band that contributed the least to music?
Speaker 5: Biggest band going into the Hall of Fame that contributed least?
Speaker 1: They had?
Speaker 5: They sold a bunch of records and stuff, but it wasn't exactly all that deep or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm thrown out and I like this band quite a bit in excess. Was a huge eighties band. They had lots of hit songs, but if you listen to them. I listened to their music often like don't Change Original Sin, Need You Tonight? They're not you know Arlo Guthrie. They're fun, poppy songs with a really good looking lead singer, and they had a great time and I enjoyed listening to them. I don't know if there's a big.
Speaker 1: But they're not in the Rock and Wall Hall of Fame? Are they?
Speaker 2: I think I think they are, really I would check. But very successful band.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, anybody else got one seat and you got the band that contributed the least in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Well, see, it's tough.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I could say they contributed the least. I can tell you that the origin of this question, Uh, this is going to be very unpopular. It was actually to a tweet that somebody had sent about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I thought, man, all right, they did do that sort of funk thing.
Speaker 1: They were.
Speaker 5: They were very much a forefather of this like alternative rock movement that.
Speaker 1: We've all enjoyed in the nineties, et cetera. However, I don't know. They had some great songs.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm fine with him. Yeah, Flea is great. I mean they who is that John? Great guitar player, he is Will Ferrell and great rock stars. They really did.
Speaker 5: And they had under the Bridge is a great song. It's an awesome song. They had some other pretty good ones too.
Speaker 1: Are the Black Crows Hall of Famer? Uh No, they're none. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that album was cool though, Yeah, yeah, that album's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Green Days in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Let's not go down.
Speaker 2: I'm just asking what is the did Green Day begat Blink of one, two and a bunch of other bands like that. Did that open the door for pop punk band Seaton? So that would be the good a good fallout?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay, and they sort of you know what else too happened. Uh, there was a moment where it was like this whole Seattle thing, right, and everything was sort of tinted gray and uh like the what did a guy from Men and Blazer say?
Speaker 1: It's the color of sludge.
Speaker 5: Everything was sort of like just like heavy and negative and down, and then all of a sudden, these like sort of like happier guys came in and they opened the door for a whole other thing. Doesn't sound like a lot, it's a little narrow, but hey, what did you contribute sludge?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean everybody by ninety four and ninety five, like everybody in Seattle was dead and they're like, oh no, but there's these guys from the Bay area. And then you had Green Day and Offspring and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you had Hanted and rock and roll, and then you had big hair bands that ruined rock and roll but they created No, that was a genre. It's kind of a party rock genre. Yeah. Uh, let's go around there. Let me see, well, I'll need a little time for us to do our best and worst of the weekend. Can we fit it in before we go to break todd Best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 7: My best Anthony Edwards the t Wolves, helping lead Minnesota to a twenty five point game one beat down of the Suns thirty three points, nine boards, six assists, worse giving it to the Magic Game one Saturday lost in Cleveland, eighty three total points, fifteen and seventeen in the second and third quarter.
Speaker 1: All right, Seaton o Connor best, Yeah, man, my best is Dame.
Speaker 5: There was this moment in the game where he was like sort of pointing to the I don't know, like the court or whatever, and he was like, this is why I moved here. That's a pretty iconic moment.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: He's good at those He's really good at those moments, those slow motion moments where you're trying to read his lips and.
Speaker 1: You're like, tang, Dame just did a thing that was awesome. That was awesome. My worst of the weekend.
Speaker 5: Rockies Mariners game, bottom of the ninth, Rockies getting last licks, as they say, what should have been a walk off home run and then I have just taken away with fan interference. They ended up winning the game anyway. However, lads, if you're at home, let the home run be a home run. Get the ball after it bounces. The hell you doing?
Speaker 1: Marvin Besten Worst Best.
Speaker 9: Jason Tatum twenty three points, ten rebounds, ten assists for triple double against the Oh the heat, goodness, gracious, and then the worst Knicks fans. They won a game and then they were chanting outside, we want Boston. I'm so tired of them. It's been one game and I'm already tired of them. No, no, no, when when this round first? And then you want Boston?
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 8: You don't want Boston. You're going to play Boston.
Speaker 1: You don't want them? Yeah, Paalie beston Worst.
Speaker 2: I'm the opposite of Marvin. I love the early celebration of Knicks fans. Something good's gonna happen. Either they're going to get their hearts ripped out, or there's advance on in the playoffs to the second or maybe third round. So it's fun watching Nick's the worst weekend. Obviously, you've mentioned how he schwab passing away. When I first got to ESPN, they told us, you're not a low to wear sweatpants of course to work, and you're not allowed to wear team jerseys of any type. It was like part of the rules should be objective. And after about two weeks there, I saw this big guy walking around with sweatpants on and like a Mets Dave Kingman jersey and or the next day and I go, who is that guy? Like, oh, that's how he schwab. He's in charge of research, Like he's alloted to wear that. He goes and someone goes, he can wear whatever he wants. Yeah, and there's many more stories. But when working on your show, Dan, and we didn't know something and we had to look it up. I would call how He's extend and it would ring and he would just say the words, I'm on it because he was listening to the show every single moment and knew what your question was about the stat before you called him. He was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I became very close with him obviously throughout Sports Center, but after we left Sports Center and then I brought him on to Sports Jeopardy, I you know, I was you know, disappointed, hurt that ESPN kind of kicked him to the Curb a little bit and brought him on to be sort of the overseer with stats with Sports Jeopardy. And I want to commend the you know, the people who were there who were researching clues that they allowed how he come in and be part of that process because they're very territorial there and rightfully so, but how he was as knowledgeable as anybody I ever met my life when it comes to sports. But passing away this weekend, take a break, Mike Florio, Will Johnnis coming up next. Why can't the Bears just say they're taking Caleb Williams? And is there a chance the Commanders don't take Jaden Daniels? And why back after this? Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 10: It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 2: What is up on Game?
Speaker 10: You asked, along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Huschman Zada and Super Bowl champion Yup, that's right, Plexico Burus. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Hutschman Zada, and Plexico Burrs on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 1: Kind of a Yard Statistical Anomaly Home Teams eight to o Game one of the first round of the NBA Playoffs. Home teams in the NHL six to zero in Game one of the first round of the Playoffs. A Mercedes Benz Interview of the day brought to you by Mercedes Benz ev the brilliant EQE SUV from Mercedes Benz. The vehicle all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes. Learn more at nbusa dot com, slash EQE Daesh SUV Mike Florio Pro Football Talk Live co host. You can see it prior to this show on Peacock NBC Football Night in America Insider. Why can't the Bears say we're taking Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: Oh, they can do it. They could sign into a contract if they wanted to. I just think that the way this process has evolved. The NFL likes the teams to keep their mouths shut as long as possible so that maximum viewers will tune in eight pm e Eastern Thursday night to find out who the Bears are going to pick. And look, you never know what's going to happen in three days. I guess something could happen, But what would happen that would keep it from happening? It's inevitable.
Speaker 1: Why hasn't anybody at least, you know, kicked the tires on going up to get If Caleb Williams is one of these generational talents, he's supposed to be the next Patrick Mahomes, why hasn't somebody is he worth going up to get?
Speaker 4: It's a great point, and I don't know whether it's a situation like four years ago when the Dolphins who had the fifth pick and desperately wanted to go up and get Joe Burrow at number one, and the Bengals would not even entertain the conversation at least find out what the willing to put on the table. The Bengals got lucky that Burrow ended up being great. You don't know what a guy's going to be until he plays in the NFL. You're turning down a potentially huge haul of picks for the one guy. You better be sure the one guy is going to work. I haven't heard anything about anyone trying to come up to get Haleb Williams, and that may be the Bears making it clear we're not moving, or no one willing to really do whatever it would take to go get him, or some combination of the two. But it has not even been a talking point. It hasn't been an issue. No one's even breathed a word of it in the past several months.
Speaker 1: Is there real drama or manufactured drama with what the Commanders are going to do?
Speaker 4: I think there's real drama looked in. There's a new ownership group, and that's good news for Commanders fans because it's anyone other than Daniel Snyder. But this is Josh Harris's first draft. I was told last week that he's more involved in the football operation than people thought he was going to be. Most owners are more involved than we know they are. They don't want us to know they're involved because they don't want to take the blame for the bad decisions. They want to be able to pin it on the GM or the head coach. That's why I respect Jerry Jones. I mean, he's out there, there's no hiding behind anyone. It's his decisions, and I think for a lot of these teams it's the owner's decisions. And what they did last week with this top golf four quarterback square dance for whatever purpose they were trying to prove. And I think at the end of the day, they brought them all in at the same time because the owner was available one day and that was the day he was going to be there and he wanted to meet all four of them that day. I think that's the easiest explanation. But that may have angered Jaden Daniels and they may have some things to work through. And there's talk about the Raiders wanting Daniels and Daniels wanting the Raiders, and who knows how that plays out, So we'll see. We'll see. They have to want Daniels, and at some level you have to you have to think that your potential franchise quarterback wants to be with you. Franchise quarterback is a higher level than the other players. It's a guy who shows up early, stays late, is basically an extension of management. If he doesn't want to be there, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: What happens first Tom Brady broadcast a game or he plays in a game.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that there are no accidents when it comes to Tom Brady, Dan and for him to come out and say, after declaring last year he's done and he's never coming back, he just kind of casually drops the turret in the punch bowl. Pardon me of you know, hey, what if somebody gets injured during the season. Oh, I wouldn't be opposed to that way. Wait what, I wouldn't be opposed to coming back and play. Are you kidding me? That was huge, And again I don't think it was something that just blew out of his mouth. I think he's ready to come back, and I think that was his trial balloon to see if anyone will call him. Just a couple of weeks before the draft, plenty of teams looking for quarterbacks. What if Sean Payton doesn't get the guy he wants. It was Peyton and Brady two years ago that were tied together to go to Miami. The Dolphins lost the first round pick over it because they were tampering with both guys. So I think Brady wants to come back, but he wants to be pursued, and he's put it out there that he wants to be pursued. So I think there's a chance that he never gets in the booth at all, at least not this year. And wouldn't it be awkward He's sitting there with Kevin Burkhart Dan and quarterback gets injured during a game. How can Burkhart not say, Hey, Tom, would you play for this team? They may be calling you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If they do a Dolphins game and Tua goes down, you could say, Tom, you got your chance to play for the Dolphins. Get out of the booth and walk down. Maybe you should wear pads during the.
Speaker 4: Just have the pads one slip the jersey ons case. He could be like the Zamboni driver that also subs as the emergency goalie at the hockey games. Just have him ready to go.
Speaker 1: If you could know what one team is going to do Thursday night, what team would it be? Well?
Speaker 4: The Vikings, to me, are the biggest curiosity in all of this, because they're clearly going to try their damnedest to emerge with a quarterback. They're sitting at number eleven. They've already picked up pick number twenty three from the Texans. They didn't acquire that pick to use it. They acquired that pick to package it and move. So how high do they want to go? Who do they really want? Kevin O'Connell spoke about it recently, you know, and is it Jayden Daniels, Is it Drake May? Is it JJ McCarthy. I think it's one of those three. But one thing he made clear. They've had opportunities to get other quarterbacks during his time in Minnesota, and he's been the guy to say no, I'm not going to do it. When we get the next guy, he's going to be the guy. So will they not be happy with whatever trade packages are demanded? Will they stay put? Will they pass on a quarterback and try to make it work with Sam Darnold? What they do is really going to be fun to watch because it can go in a lot of different directions.
Speaker 1: Talking to Mike Florio, Pro Football Talk Live co host more likely to draft their quarterbacks successor the rams of the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Wow, the Cowboys need players come in and make an immediate impact because they haven't been able to go out and go all in, as Jerry Jones said they would back in late January, and they haven't. But they need to have some leverage in the event that Dak Prescott becomes a free agent next year. They have Trey Lance who's also due to be a free agent next year, and I don't know that that counts as sufficient leverage. You need to have somebody to get Dak Prescott to stick around and take whatever deal the Cowboys want to put on the table. You need to be protected, You need to have that bird in the hand. I think it makes the Cowboys a little more likely than the Rams, who were thinking about it last year. With Stetson Bennett, and that ship still has it completely sale. He's got off field issues that need to get under control, So I think they still hold out a sliver of hope that they could get things under control with Stetson Bennett. I think the Cowboys are more likely because they need that guy on the roster to give them leverage with Dak.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones is credited for being a bringing businessman, but when it comes to his players, you can question his business acumen. Why is that well.
Speaker 4: That look when it comes to their best young players. I said a couple of weeks ago on PFT Live, and I believe this. The Cowboys, and specifically Jerry Jones, are cheap, shortsighted, and frankly, in all due respect, not as smart as he thinks he is, because you know, they blew it with Dak Prescott, dragged their feet, waited too long, got themselves in a tough position, did a bad contract that puts him in an even worse position. Now Ceedee Lamb here he is entering his fifth year option. Michael Parsons should not set foot on a field, practice or playing field until he gets his next contract, and it's tied their hands. And the more I think about it, the more I talk about it. You know, we've all been conditioned to believe that Jerry Jones would basically rip out a kidney to win another Super Bowl, and I'm starting to think that's not the truth. This year, I've started to believe that Jerry Jones ultimately is a car barker who needs ways to get Cowboys fans to show up and open their wallets and give him their money and watch on TV. Think about this dan No NFC Championship game for the Cowboys since nineteen ninety five, yet they are still the biggest draw in the NFL. That is amazing and that's a product of Jones as a salesman. So it's all selling and he sold us on the idea that every year could be the year and no year do they even get to the game, to get to the Super Bowl. But there's still America's team. I think at the end of the day, it's about keeping that label of America's team and not necessarily about winning any one of the last thirty Super Bowls.
Speaker 1: Great to talk to you. Are you involved in the Tom Brady Roast?
Speaker 4: No? Nothing, I know of nothing else, But you know that could go in a lot of different directions. That's gonna be workay.
Speaker 1: What is now? I was invited to show up at the roast. I don't know if that meant I was going to be on the dais, but I said I wasn't going to be in LA. But I was wondering what is off limits for Tom Brady during a roast?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because that's the thing they act like. It's no holds barred. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know kids are off limit is the jiu jitsu instructor off limits?
Speaker 4: Defight gate can't be off limits, can't be.
Speaker 1: I mean, what else is there with Brady?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, you could make a joke along the lines of, you know, his hairpiece is older than some of the guys currently playing in the league. Try that is there actually seems to be expanding as he gets older, like the hairline's going down, like he's going to beat teen wolf by the time it's all said, like.
Speaker 1: Jason Baker, do you have sources that Brady has a hairpiece?
Speaker 4: I'll tell you this. Someone told me years ago. You know, when you go to church and you're standing there and you're tall, so you see this when you're in the back of the church, you see all the bald spots that are there and starting you just it's like this mushroom farm of bald spots. Someone told me twenty years ago Brady had that back here. So that's twenty years I.
Speaker 1: Was a journalist. Are you reporting this?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not reporting it. I'm just passing along some information that I got from a trusted source. That's it.
Speaker 1: I think it's journalist.
Speaker 4: It's fine. I'm just saying is it fair game? Is it fair game? I mean, clearly there's some coloring happening with the hair, which is fine, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But I remember when you busted McLevin when McLevin colored his hair one time, and then I think you either text me or you're called, and I was like, oh wow, well.
Speaker 4: You were having the conversation about the whole hair dying.
Speaker 1: I mean the thing you can't.
Speaker 4: You can you can't reverse it. You can try to freeze it, but you can't go back once it's noticeably gray. And then you show up one day like Creed in the office when he took all the toner out of the printer and put it on his head, like it's obvious when you try to go the other way.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have to start early. I tell I tell guys, if you're going to dye your hair, start earlier, then later, because then you know it's not as noticeable.
Speaker 4: You don't have to, though, Dan, the problem with it is if you commit to it right, unless you do the Bob Barker big reveal, like after you take a couple of weeks off from the prices right, you inevitably become seventy five year old guy with jet black hair and what do you do? What can you do with it?
Speaker 1: It's like Johnny Knox, Johnny Knoxville, Johnny knoxvilleill stop coloring his hair and You're like, damn, Johnny looks like he's you know, sixty five and he might.
Speaker 4: Be probably is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Mike is always hard hitting with all that stuff.
Speaker 4: You were there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike. That's Mike Mike Florida Pro Football Talk Live. Duke and Idaho. Hi Duke, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 12: Good morning, Dan, six one two fifteen. You know last week you were talking about how you had to meet with like an estate planner to get your affairs in order and whatnot. Yes, So a couple of days after that you went to commercial, but you're doing your trigger promo and you've made some offhanded comment about maybe I'll just be cremated, put me on the trigger, yes, And that got me thinking, what flavor pellets would you like? The cherry oak hickory? I mean maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe if if there's some afterlife flavor Duke that reminds me of Dan Patrick Muskie. Uh Andrew in South Carolina? Hi Andrew, what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 12: First time long time. Just wanted to share our best and worst O. Best of the weekend. I got married this weekend and kept the tears to a minimum. My passion bucket was overflowing. I felt like I need a passion truck there with surrounded by family and friends. Worst of the weekend. My braves blew a three run lead last night. And you know, I told my wife, but it only took her two years to get a ring, and I've been waiting nearly thirty for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys to give me one.
Speaker 1: So all right, well you're gonna be waiting a little while longer. I think, Andrew, it's okay if you cry at your wedding. When I saw my wife walk down the aisle, I started crying. I was like, damn, I hope she doesn't have second thoughts here. Yes, as long as the cry.
Speaker 8: To others looks like happy tears as opposed to oh my god, what am I.
Speaker 1: Doing it, it's still like to change my mind. Well, I just remember my wife walking down the aisle and like it looked like she would there was a halo around her her whole body. I was like, oh my god, And I saw her like fall back, and I thought she was gonna faint. Well, one of our friends stepped out into the aisle to take a picture, stepped on the train of her dress and pulled her and pulled her back and nearly knocked her over. And then I didn't realize at the time. I thought, oh my god, you can pass out. But everything turned out great, though. Yeah, a few tears, that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, someone almost swept her off her feet that day. You've been doing it ever since.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to.
Speaker 8: There'll be a fallaway bride instead of a runaway brok.
Speaker 1: All right, and I'll give you a blue punch one. It's late in the show. Get in there, all right, last call for phone calls. What we learned, what's in store tomorrow. We'll hear from Lebron James next here in the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live. Were we able to get in touch with Lou Graham's people, the lead singer of Foreigners not heard back?
Speaker 8: Where wed you leave a message?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yes, I told him last summer. I'm going to campaign to get you in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Lo and behold. He said it was impossible his words, And here we are rock and roll Hall of Famer. Thank you, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 2: Hall of famers are tough to get ahold of. They don't return calls quick. They're busy.
Speaker 1: Now I do I do I return calls? What we learned once in store Tomorrow, all of that coming up. Drake May is going to join us Wednesday on the program. Wednesday, on the program, let me get to Mike in Atlanta. Hi, Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey? Dan, appreciate you taking my call, longtime, longtime listener, multiple time caller. As I'm on hold of hearing all these conversations, and I got a couple of things. I'm just going to cry a shotgun and then hang out and listen to you guys comment. But a couple of things. Number one seat and sometimes, man, I listen to your comments and I'm like, dude, I don't know what the heck you're talking about. Man, why did you have to say that? But then you said the whole thing about Tom Brady. I'm like, totally agree with him. Man, so props to you with his comments about the old guys and stuff. It could be because I worked for a major airline. Tom happens to be one of our spokespeople, and honestly we look at him and go, dude, you have nothing to do with airlines. I don't know what you're doing anyway. So yeah, we kind of got a little office comments about that. But anyway, I'll move forward. I watched last night Just Go with It for the very first time with my wife. She's always told me, you gotta watch this movie. You got art this movie. We watched it. I said, oh, man, there's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 12: She goes, is that anyway?
Speaker 11: But Dave Matthew's on their funny movie. I have a comment or a question about that. At the hula competition.
Speaker 1: It was the Coconut, the coconut, Let's get coconuty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: But the but the competition where the two girls are up there with their hula, yeah, and they're doing the dance.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there was a tiebreaker that had to happen.
Speaker 11: If you had to make the tie breaking decision, Dan, who would you choose? That's my question. And the last piece is I watched the OJ documentary on Netflix. I was old enough to live through that whole time when it happened, and wow, you know, I don't know. Hindsight gives you a whole different perspective and incredible documentary. If you hadn't seen it, I'd definitely recommend you check it out.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the call. All right, thank you, Mike. You called us once again. Got a lot a lot of information. If there was a tie breaker, I would have said better kisser between Nicole Kidman Jennifer Aniston. I think that's probably what I would have gone with. And Dave Matthews. I've had David there as well. Um, Lebron James. After the loss to Denver, you got games coming up tonight. The Lakers are getting seven and a half against the Nuggets, Sixers getting five against the Knicks, and the Magic getting five and a half against the Caves. Here's Lebron on the challenge of facing Denver. Given this team's recent history with Denver, how do you fight the feeling enough here we go again?
Speaker 12: For me?
Speaker 3: Are you talking about I don't that doesn't matter to me. I don't ever get into here we go again mindset. You know there's one game they protect their home court. We have another opportunity on Monday to come back and be better. We're not challenging is going to be. We know how difficult this opponent is and how great they are. So that's all a part of the game. Start down. I don't get into the to the doubt mindset. That's not me. I'm the wrong guy.
Speaker 1: Acts all right, they go into this game, no doubts. If I get that same kind of performance from Anthony Davis I got in game one, all right, I like my chances. It's not going to be a sweep. But you know, and you look back on those games last last year, they weren't blowouts. They were pretty close most of them.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marvin, unfortunately, you're probably gonna need a Dangelo Russell game. Well, Denver got a d In Russell game. He's like, hey, I can't. I don't have any complaints. I got twenty shots up. Yeah, maybe they wanted you to shoot twenty times since you were what three of twenty. Let me see, Hey, if we were going to design who would be on the dais for Tom Brady roast, do you have suggestions on who you think should be up there. Netflix announced that May fifth I believe it's a Sunday night. It'll be live on Netflix, a roast of Tom Brady.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See first calls going to Eli Manning. Okay, right, okay, Eli Manning plus one? Would he bring Peyton perhaps brother Peyton comes? Okay, yeah, Pauline.
Speaker 2: Eli has to walk into rings to trophies.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, scoreboard Okay, Yes, he's the only person in the world who can go scoreboard on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, too soon to invite Belichick or expect him to do it.
Speaker 1: I would invite him.
Speaker 2: He could hit a home run if he went with whatever Jeff Ross.
Speaker 1: If he actually wanted to be funny. Yes, yeah, if you can only invite one receiver, Antonio Brown. Oh, ladies and gentlemen, the very funny Antonio Brown.
Speaker 2: I tell Antonio Brown, it's in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Randy Moss, you got mom, you're snubbing some of Who else do you want in there? Do I want? You know what? You're not gonna invite Wes Wexler. I would have Edelman's pretty funny, and I can have Grunk show up your receiver, but you know what I mean? Yeah, i'd have all those goofballs. Yes, one table, absolutely, yes, pretending to.
Speaker 8: Be very angry, Drew Bledsoe pops up.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I guess so. I mean it's kind of a one trick joke there, Yes, Marsh, what.
Speaker 13: About Moe Lewis that's a that's a niche.
Speaker 1: Roaster. It's basically one comment and then thank you for hitting Tom hitting Drew Bledsoe, So Tom could have a career, Yes, roaster, if that's.
Speaker 2: A niche, I will not mention Drew Henson from Michigan.
Speaker 1: This day in sports history, Paulie.
Speaker 2: Just a couple Dan eighteen seventy six, the National League started, Boston beat Philadelphia sixt to five. Babe Ruth beat his pitching debut with the Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Orioles orated, and they threw a shutout that day.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifteen, the New York Yankees wore pinstripes for the first time, and Oh twenty ten, the NFL Draft was aired in primetime for the first time.
Speaker 1: The NBA adopted the twenty four second shot clock. On this date in nineteen fifty four, Todd would you learn.
Speaker 8: Today your hard work finally paid off? Fearnough finally made the rock and roll pull of.
Speaker 1: Fair O'Connor, you did it another one. I thank you. They like ball in Chicago, Pauli Bald Spotgate Todd, What I learned.
Speaker 8: The Eagles really need to focus and go back to those Kelly Green jerseys. A. Carmichael Montgomery, Well we learn.
Speaker 1: Tirac dot com the official tire expert of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to Tirac dot com slash Dan try the tire decision gud see the full lineup of Continental Tires, special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com The way tire buying should be. I have a wonderful afternoon. We look forward to entertaining you, or at least trying to tomorrow. Until then,