Speaker 1: Seven pancakes, Boom boom, and Maddie and Cat coming in and block with my girl, Maddie seven pancakes and yeah, we got the caddy. Gonna give you all the side scoop.
Speaker 2: What's up with y'all, I'm gonna say, And we got Maddie's that is true.
Speaker 1: What's been up? Hey, y'all, welcome back to I'm Maddie, I'm Cat, and we're just gonna kind of recap because.
Speaker 3: We are halfway.
Speaker 1: That's hard way through the season. I know, it's been so quick.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's kind of flying by, to be honest, so.
Speaker 1: Truly. And you got in the game this week, you know, Yeah, you know, finally about time. Oh my gosh, Okay, it's great, you know, honestly, Uh, I ain't gonna I've been working on my opportunity, and I think it's like it's I've been I mean, I've been losing sleep, you know, And I think the biggest thing I'm always says is like a closed mouse doesn't get fed.
Speaker 4: And I've been able to get feedback far as like what I need to do to I guess be available to get out there with some stuff. I agree with some stuff I disagree with hard disagree, but you know, it is what it is, and it's nothing for me to do what is asked of me and moderation and continue doing what I've been doing since day one and it all worked out. So I think the biggest take from this is like, you know, stay ready, so you ain't got to get ready and exactly keep your head down, keep grinding.
Speaker 3: It out and eventually you know the storm will pass. So I'm happy about it. Obviously.
Speaker 4: Now I get to really like dive into with a group and oh I was already, but you know, just being a part of that atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Is different being on the bench.
Speaker 4: So since coming off this weekend and being in practice these last few days, like I'm very advainged about like my ladyship role not just on the bench, but now it's like very loud on the court.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was great. I'm really happy about it.
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, I mean you've it's been it's been a long time and so it's fun when you finally get in the action.
Speaker 3: What did you think about seeing me out there?
Speaker 1: Well, I saw you, but okay, you guys played what day Sunday? Uh huh? I was watching from California because I got to go home this weekend. It was kind of I was kind of half watching. We had a weird predicament this weekend too, so like we beat Salt Lake and then all of a sudden, instead of having one day off, we had two days off. So I was like, I'm booking a flight, I'm going home, went to California. I had a really great time, but I was watching you from the beach, so I was you did your thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, how was California? Do you enjoy your time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was really great. The weather was perfect, and it was just good to see friends and family and stuff. So I saw always a nice.
Speaker 3: Races San Diego as well, though, why were you in San Diego?
Speaker 1: Because we we played in Salt Lake, and then my husband was in San Diego, you know, Paul was in San Diego to see some friends already, and so I looked at flights and it was actually better for me to fly into San Diego and then go back to LA the next day and then fly back from LA. So perfect logistically, it just all worked out really nicely. And then got to see one of our good friends, Sarah Willhet, who plays in the other league, she played, got to see her other friends, and then came back home, flew back last night, got back at midnight, practiced this morning.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling after that?
Speaker 1: That's tiring. It's tiring, but it's like, you know, your cup is like so much more full when you get to see your people, So I think it's so worth it.
Speaker 4: Second that, like, we played on Sunday, and initially we had as the team had their flights coming out on on Monday morning, and we still have practice on Monday, So Monday was going to practice, is going to be at eleven am and eleven their.
Speaker 3: Dame something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then it ended up being you know, if there were some flights after the game, because we played early, we played at two o'clock, and there were flights back to Austin at like five fifty five, six o'clock.
Speaker 3: So out of my own pocket, with somebody else's pocket.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 4: Got on a flight back home because I want to be back home in my bed. I want to be with Margina and my mom, you know, get some good rest and be able to go.
Speaker 3: Be ready to go for practice.
Speaker 4: Some of the girls coming out off the flight, I could tell they were not having it, and that really sucked.
Speaker 3: But we grounded it out anyways. And here we are getting ready to.
Speaker 1: Play Salt Lake tomorrow and he did tomorrow, Yeah, serve them short. Yeah, I'm going to use that.
Speaker 4: Actually, Eric Hatta serving short randomly through in between switching drills.
Speaker 3: So we just do one drill and he'd be like, all right, serve short before we get water.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, huh, but we got what we were doing, so and we served a lot of short balls doing our six or fifteen the like practice stuff too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, their with Manami and Claire and Alexa is also passing great, but like their service was so solid that you just if you just throw like a wrench in something then kind of helped us a lot. So and also we just really i think wanted to beat them, so we made it work somehow, and then we got those two days and then I was out of there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had this, well, sorry, we're supposed to record this earlier, but you your girl got caught up in some lasick stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wait show the photo please. Okay, yes, and you're supposed to record this last week. A Kat calls me, Goat calls me, and she's like Maddie, but looking like this, Maddie.
Speaker 3: I could not control my eyes.
Speaker 4: You guys, I was looking because I never got my eyes dowlated before. So like when I first when I got there, I went to the lives.
Speaker 3: Trick to make sure it was good.
Speaker 1: And she turned me and she told me I had like a myne octal nerve is large, so like I'm almost the cuss of like, be careful, glack homa.
Speaker 3: It's perfect. Oh my god, she told me that.
Speaker 1: And so I didn't know that dilation makes your eyes well, makes your eyes well?
Speaker 3: My eyes wait?
Speaker 1: Can you first of all this the picture will be on YouTube if you want to go see it, but can you why did you need to get them dilated?
Speaker 3: Well? I feel like.
Speaker 4: My eyesight isn't as good as I normally thought it. I don't think if I didn't think so.
Speaker 1: I've never had my eyes checked before ever, this is like my first time going to get my eyes checked. So you don't know you were going to be cross light after.
Speaker 4: No, whoa we found out well, obviously, my my my strongest eyes. My stronger eye is my right one, and my left one obviously is my weaker eye.
Speaker 3: But we know how weak. It was until the dillation. She was like, what's funny is when I'm drunk, it also gets like lazy. I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like normally if I'm drunk, I can feel it, but I can like but I try to correct it, you know what I'm saying. Like right, I went to dinner and I think I had like maybe like two glasses of wine.
Speaker 3: This is when I first started back having a drink since my dr January. I remember the.
Speaker 4: Waiter was talking to me and I only had two glasses of wine and I could feel my eye like drifting.
Speaker 3: But it was too hard.
Speaker 4: It was too hard to talk to her and focus and try to keep my eyes straight.
Speaker 3: I just let I just let it go.
Speaker 1: I was look like that, You're like, can I get I was like, it's.
Speaker 3: The wine, but she's gonna be like what the hell?
Speaker 1: But it was lazy and.
Speaker 3: I couldn't control it.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I can't be recording serving pancakes with a lazy eye, Like I can't do it.
Speaker 1: So when you called me, you had sunglasses on and then you go like this, Maddie. And then this year I was fully in the corner and I was like, oh, like we are not recording today.
Speaker 2: It was terrible, and I legit I drove after they said it drove you didn't have a dilation d D No, well.
Speaker 3: Boo boom no.
Speaker 1: She was like, you can drive this spie, And honestly I drove honestly a lot more through muscle memory because I was so close to my house, but like far far away was okay, but I'm talking about like to read a text on my phone, I couldn't read like anything this close to me, like anything like here, like this deep recession.
Speaker 3: Like to read face.
Speaker 1: I was crazy. I couldn't see you, and like my eye, I could not get my eye to like turn straight to save my life.
Speaker 4: So my mom had to read my text. I was like, mom, Maddie and then text in the group like talk to them like I was like, just call I just call her, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they call crazy. And then but then when you were yeah, we're so bad, nothing case, but you would look at your phone and then you would look up at your mom across the room and your eyes would yeah.
Speaker 3: They would be straight.
Speaker 1: So she was farther away, it was like if I look far away, I was straighten movements.
Speaker 3: So as I came close close to here. It was like, literally, wasn't that like this? No, it was like exactly how you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy if it gets stuck. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's funny is like when I was a kid, I just crossed my mines all the time, and my sister did you tell me all the time? She's like, cat like, if you don't stop doing that, they're gonna stuck. The way I'd be like, girl, you know what you're talking about. It's not get stick.
Speaker 3: And now I feel like it just there's what.
Speaker 1: It taketed you. Two days later and I was like, did your eyes on cross yet on game day? Imagine? But that's why you're swinging and you're just completely missed. Okay, Well, speaking of seeing, I just saw Wuthering Heights movie.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that. You don't know what it said about.
Speaker 1: No, it's a book. It's a really famous book. I actually never read the book before. And then Jacob Alordie and who's the girl? Who's Barbie? Somebody put it to me in the comments Margot Robbie, thank you production, And it's like a love story drama. It was okay, I would say I think is kind of weird or yes, I won't give any spoilers.
Speaker 3: But I'm probably not gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: But she dies, so don't put that in here if you want to know that that happens.
Speaker 3: Spoil alert. Oh it's not exactly.
Speaker 1: To the book. Okay, that's good to know. So it's it's set in like medieval tod and it's like a love story and but like a tragedy at the same time. Anyway, you don't have to see it. It was cinematically very good, but the story of it for me, I was like I waited, I waited this long for this happened. So that's my take. Yeah, I don't really watch them that I like to watch them, but yeah, well here we are, you know, Mien way through the season, it's come really quickly.
Speaker 3: And how you got you guys? Are you made your way to work?
Speaker 1: There were scratching and clawing our way. Okay, but we lost to Atlanta last week, so that was like a bit of a bummer. I think we just didn't show up to play how we needed to, didn't execute scouting report well, so that really sucked. But then you turn around, how do we keep doing that?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, because it's like you would think you would get better playing with the teams.
Speaker 3: Do you keep playing? We play each other so consistently, so how do we keep messing?
Speaker 1: But the funny thing, yeah, like you know Atlanta too, and with all of the teams, like they have a lot of parts, they have a lot of different pieces, and so I feel like they just put a team on the floor that like we just didn't execute our scouting report well, Like we knew it, yes, but did we execute it well? No? And also I don't feel like we were having the best passing day from what I remember. I don't even know anymore. It's been so long. That was last week, but yeah, it just like was not going away. And then there were some really weird calls. You know, it's just one of those days where you're like, every okay, our middle had a straight down block, we're cheering, somebody covered it off of their foot, like literally on the ground, goes back on our side or something, and we're like, okay, what how did you even do that? You know, just one of those days where weird plays were going their way and not ours and they just executed better.
Speaker 4: Well, we we played Atlanta too, and until we get about you so far as like they put a team out there and like they have so many different parts. Because Collie de Hooe, as you know, the hoague was on the Boston team last year, who's absolutely phenomenal, and I'm so happy that she got the opportunity to go out there and showcased herself.
Speaker 3: She's amazing and she put built us. I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Would say that like we're a pretty good blocking team, and in general we're really good blocking team, but I think we do struggle in the blocking from the right.
Speaker 3: Side, especially with Carly being a lefty.
Speaker 4: I feel like she has so much range and even playing defense next to her and normally gonna lie your girl gets scoops the balls. You know, but not only is she hitting cross court, she has a ricket like a wicket, yes, on top of the ball, which curves the ball even more. It's it was one point I look back when I was going on there for tip as I turned as she hit the ball and looked past and it hit cross court. Carly was like it was just I couldn't tell she was standing up where she was down and stood up, but she gets hit the shoulder and she would just kind of like and we look at it bring you know, so, But Carlely, I think she went for like fourteen for fifteen.
Speaker 3: Fifteen's good kills.
Speaker 1: Maybe not that much, but maybe not like that, but it was she had fifteen points fifteen kills, much after us. That was their next notch after us, but the matt before the She's Columbian. The opposite went off like hitting balls over me, over me, over me, and I was just like, I don't even know. We didn't we didn't know, like really how to slow her down. So I was just like, damn, do you have one opposite playing one night, one opposite playing the Knights and they're both going off, So like, how do you what do you prepare for all of it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Exactly. So now I was like, do we make our scouting port longer?
Speaker 4: And everybody, I hate that, but may have too, son, but she definitely popped off, And you know, I think, like you guys, we kind of got ourselves in this root right now, we just kind of feel a little bit inconsistent.
Speaker 3: It's kind of up and down right now.
Speaker 4: So we're just trying to find the momentum and the rhythm that we have in practice and trying to translate and transfer that over into the competitive court, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's like our main focus.
Speaker 4: I think also for me being on the inside, I think we tend to focus way more on the team then focus on more our side, cause I feel like any given day, like a team can play y'all too, a team can.
Speaker 3: Play their best volleyball.
Speaker 4: But like if we focus on our side a little bit more and be better at like controlling what we're doing as a.
Speaker 3: Team on our side, the game is can go a what I mean.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and I think too, like a big takeaway going forward from what I've learned from the first half is that things can still go differently, Like teams can still adjust and find ways and like, now, okay, we're at the halfway point, but everyone knows each team now, so now it's like, how do you adjust going forward to find new ways to win because everybody knows everybody so well. And then like with new pieces rotating in and people being tired or travel whatever, Yeah, just find just.
Speaker 3: Compare scatting reports with your brands.
Speaker 1: Ooh, well call me.
Speaker 4: So you guys, we have a little game for y'all today, we're y'all. Y'all understand, we're still getting used to this whole life podcasting. We're trying to be as honestly as transparent as we can with being authentic selves. But like we're trying to mix up a little bit, not just volleyball, not just you know, our little Shenani games, but we know, just a little games because it kind of gets you guys involved and stuff. So today we have a little best friend compatibility.
Speaker 1: Okay, and how long have we been best friends? Forever? We're destined to be best friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get. I think any parallel universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anytime I see the Instagram thinks that it's like this is us in another life. It's two fish, it's two lemurs, it's two donkeys, it's it's us.
Speaker 3: Whatever donkey but whatever, Okay, I'll go first. So what size shoe? And we're trying to be a game. We're trying to we're trying something some point. Yeah, it's it's a point system. So we're trying to get these right. This is about to be really crazy, all right.
Speaker 4: Size Shoot, I think Mattie and a men's you Wear ten and a women's you Wear.
Speaker 1: And now I'm guessing for you? Nice?
Speaker 3: Was that tell you?
Speaker 1: And you're really clothes? Okay, I'm a man, I wear men.
Speaker 3: Oh so we are the same saw? You said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna women eleven and a half twelve. I got that second toe? Mm hmmm you know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Because you're wearing too small. So what do you think about the same size foot? We shared shoes before? So what's crazy? Why did you say you're a.
Speaker 3: Big tough You're trying to throw me off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just okay, favorite movie. I feel like it's something like rom Com or like Romantic. I'll just say mine and maybe we have the same let's true. Two white Chicks pretty close. I was so sure We're white chicks is top tier? The shoot?
Speaker 3: I love white Chicks. That's my favorite movie. Okay. Apple music or Spotify, I'm definitely I've.
Speaker 1: Never used Apple music in my life. If you use Apple music, there's nothing wrong with you. But something's definitely wrong with you. Sorry, fight me. Top artist? Okay? Who is your who would be your top artist? Right now?
Speaker 3: Okay? I know right now?
Speaker 1: To go back, I think just in general, I don't have too many. I don't think it's right now. Okay, I want to guess yours. Okay, yours is I'm gonna stay on.
Speaker 3: Oh that's see, you're saying very true. He is my how do you do that? R and B artist? I'm gonna oh yeah. But but I would have said Drake and yeah, listen to but for you, I'm gonna good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say Drake, but give you on is a very very close guest.
Speaker 4: I would say, yes, I'm gonna I'll give you that for you. I'm gonna give you little.
Speaker 1: One O as my top artist currently in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Okay, so who would you say your top honors right now?
Speaker 1: Like in this current moment, it probably be like don Tolliver or Olivia Dean.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, interesting, I would never guess that.
Speaker 1: I would have said, Young John said, two thousand and four, what's happening?
Speaker 3: I mean, I just feel like when I'm with you, that's true. We listen to I've never Doniver song no, because we're.
Speaker 1: Because whenever we're together, it's like we're going to get a drink. Yeah, so we're going to sit down at a nice dinner and hunt just like glass of wine. Let's turn up and let's put on shake that monkey.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the club. Okay, celebrity crush. I'm gonna go far fast again. I guess I don't know why. This is what it's speaking to me right here, this is where it is.
Speaker 1: I know your husband is okay, I know that, but I'm gonna go celebrity crush. You wait, I do Actually have you seen the movie Sinners?
Speaker 3: Is it good?
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet, but.
Speaker 3: There's was really good, like I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: It was better than one.
Speaker 3: Sorry faull.
Speaker 1: Oh and yours is Denzel. You should know I should Actually Anthony Joshua. It was my next guest. Who's Anthony? Can I old man? He's yeah, yeah, I just probably know him. He's like the two time heavyweight boxer champion.
Speaker 3: I've been knowing.
Speaker 1: Wait, he's your favorite Anthony since favorite celebrity crises? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, oh yeah, I've been following Anthony Joshua since like two thousand and sixteen.
Speaker 1: For those that need to see, okay, wait, let's do volleyball pet peeve. My volleyball pet peeve is simply people that don't talk or call the ball. There's just no reason for it. If you're not over communicating. You are not communicating at all to me, and but.
Speaker 4: Let's yeah, but let's define over communicating. I don't want you just talking and yelling and you're not saying nothing. I need you to say substance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that, but I feel like saying anything is better than saying nothing.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I would agree to that my volleyball pet peeve.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: You can't see that that's a person, I would say. I would say, yeah, I guess I would agree, like like, okay, no, I hate this.
Speaker 3: I hate when, for example, if.
Speaker 4: I call the ball and someone else calls it after me, and they still come towards me as I'm getting the ball, like and then they say to me, Okay, that's why I could take that.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 4: But if I already told you I got the ball, I called it the way, you know, you just say it.
Speaker 1: Before me, so like yeah, and I'm standing right here, so move yeah, and then you flick them in the forehead.
Speaker 4: Exactly, get out the way. Okay, drink order, drink order. Let's give coffee. Coffee is hard.
Speaker 1: I can just tell you. I can just tell you my order so that you can get me on tomorrow your door dash me on the morow morning. Okay, okay, I really love it. Shaking espresso with the potato pistachio cold fo. I shaken espresso's pistachio code phone, I shake it shakes really a tongue. I shaken expressos.
Speaker 4: I shake an espresso, shaken espresso and pistachio colfo.
Speaker 3: You're such a might be wanted more white or or is it you're just white and mine I'm brown and mine.
Speaker 1: Looks both of those things that you just said.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's guess. Let's get your out of the beverage.
Speaker 1: Is top shelf tequila any kind shots? Or but drink a margarita, Yeah it's good, or tequila marga margarita, Spicy Mark, Spicy Mattie's.
Speaker 3: Is at Tito's. You know, I'm a vodka Gurley Soda.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a vodka girl. So Tita soda, Tito and maybe sometimes whatever. Okay, I love a cocktail. We both love cocktails, though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we like market.
Speaker 1: We'll do a spice of margreta. But I'm not one to be like I want tequila. That's like my thing. It's definitely not at all. If somebody's like we're going to do one shot and be responsible, and we only ever drink one because we're good. I'll do vodka and Cat will do tequila. Just go sound way better. But we really are like Yin and Yang vodka and tequila. We are. Cat is leading by one.
Speaker 3: I'm winning, by the way, most Us.
Speaker 1: I'm winning most US meme or top text reaction. Yours has got to be. I would say, like the heart eyes, let's look, we're guessing number one.
Speaker 3: All right, It's definitely not the hard eyes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would have sworn, Oh, it's the crying laughing face.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: And second is the is the dead school, I would say, yeah, yours is is.
Speaker 3: Let me see im.
Speaker 1: Look at these.
Speaker 4: I would say, not the crying laughing one, but the one with just did two tears.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, you did guess NYE correctly. If it's just the one with the little bob, it's like, huh, yeah, that's funny. Okay, point for me. Wait, but I got yours dream vacation. Yeah, you did dream vacation. Kat wants to go on a cruise. I'm just kidding a fear of mine, I think, but I do think you want to be on a boat. Somewhere, maybe in like the Mediterranean, in a yacht. I'm probably there because it wouldn't be fine without your people. It's not ever going to be fun without you.
Speaker 4: I would say, yeah, yeah, that sounds great. I would say Maddie's dream dacation is on a beach somewhere, drink in hand, Son is out, Sun's out, guns out, buns out.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, one hundred percent, with a lot of her favorite people. Salty or sweet breakfast. I think you're a salty breakfast girl.
Speaker 3: True, And I think you are also a salty breakfast girl.
Speaker 1: That's true. Okay, breakfast is one of my all time favorite meals ever of the day. I could have breakfast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I witnessed you eat breakfast for dinner a few weeks ago, and that was That was before a.
Speaker 1: Game day too, that's crazy. I was making pancakes with my sour dough starter for dinner. Did you play good the next day? I can't even remember what game that was before, but we won because I think I got doing that. I got to incorporate breakfast for everything, pancakes before volleyball mine. Yeah, I like breakfast too, so look, I like breakfast too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't get me one.
Speaker 1: That's bad production or the league. Can we get one of these to cat please?
Speaker 4: So Maddy's wearing a Serving Now Serving Pancakes T shirt.
Speaker 1: I think she got it during the Kansas Yeah, it was, it was. It was in the convention center. I was walking around watching some teams play, watching my old club play, and then at the merch booth they had they had this. I was shocked. I was shocked.
Speaker 3: What do you What year did we graduate? Graduated the same same year.
Speaker 1: This is a trick question though, for me, for you, for me, and I'll tell you why we graduated twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: What was it about high school or college? High school?
Speaker 1: Well, we graduated both the same year.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm saying that's the question. That's what the question is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I graduated technically high school in twenty ten because I left early.
Speaker 4: Oh see, you just gave away your answer, So now I know. But you're never as Yeah, that's something I didn't know about you. Yeah, I did another. I did a fourth spring.
Speaker 3: So you went early huh mm hmmy early?
Speaker 1: Huh Maybe I was a little crazy. That's where I learned that I liked vodka, not getting read vodka.
Speaker 3: Yes, last meal on Earth? What would it be?
Speaker 1: I love this question?
Speaker 3: Yours?
Speaker 1: No? Oh, I feel that yours would be a steak though, noo.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 1: Last meal on Earth. No, it's not steak. It's definitely not steak.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know what it.
Speaker 1: Is, what yours is, or what you guess?
Speaker 3: I know my already. I'm I know what mine is.
Speaker 1: But yours is definitely gonna gonna have steak on there, m pasta, it's in the family. I think yours. I don't know what yours would be. I would have assumed like steak, potatoes, like a really like great home cooked meal from your own.
Speaker 4: I'm going fried catfish. Oh you thought I was gonna guess that. No, so you wouldn't have got the point.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then yeah, now do you guess, and watch you not get the point.
Speaker 4: You said, say pasta, and you say it's in the family. So I'm gonna say, hmm.
Speaker 1: Rot rosto. I don't think sodo.
Speaker 3: What's in the same family as pasta?
Speaker 1: I would do lasagnya favorite food. I'm like Garfield, I love Costco lasagna. Oh my gosh, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: You last year and you made lasagna and I had some after we went out, and I freaking went hand on that lasagna.
Speaker 1: See what I mean? It was great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Team fresh gear from Adidas is what you need. The Adidas Love Collection just dropped and you can shop it right now. Hoodies, tease jerseys, whatever you're into, They've got it. And I am not exaggerating when I say the hoodies and crewise are ridiculously soft. You will not want to take them off, I promise. Check out the full Adidas Love Collection at Adidas dot com, slash US slash l O VB first character crush.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, minds, you're not going to guess mine?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't even know mine. Oh I think I know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say yours is? What's his name from high school?
Speaker 3: Musical?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What's his name from high school?
Speaker 1: On school? Troy Troy Bolton?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I don't know zach Efron, zach Efron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, Okay, you know what's crazy. I saw him in person, in real life, and he is I'm sitting down. He's this big, he's this big. He's tiny, He's so so small. Actors are so teeny. No, I think my first crush was like Johnny Tsunami or did you ever watch the movie Brink on Disney Channel? For the viewers are happy black for the one listening and I'm tapping, man this thing when it's some of that Black people just don't watch or do I tap my hand to say I'm black?
Speaker 4: We don't watch those things. Yeah, I don't like Disney Channel. We watched Disney Channel. Why watch it my wife friend's house because we'd have this channels.
Speaker 1: But okay, but brinking that kind of stuff, No, I have no idea you're talking about. I at looked him up. This is me looking him up. Okay, then who was yours? Who was your crush? Because I'm sure I don't know it, and then I'll look it up as well.
Speaker 5: Ariel the Mermaids, I'm catching a grip, catching a grip, I'm catching a grip.
Speaker 1: Let Fel.
Speaker 3: He's sneaking money under the sea. You know it's a girl, you know, a young girl used to be like, oh she's beautiful, she's amazing.
Speaker 1: I think Ariel is the first character I sawd the hat boobs, you know, so I was like, oh my god, that was unreal. Yeah, that was my wait, how old were you since I can remember, like, just did something just the red hair, how the bang flipped the sheet Ceill brawl boy, she was she was hot hot.
Speaker 3: I think will sit around for a long time, a little bit longer than I started getting a little bit confused.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, It's fine. I love that you can have a crush on exactly it's my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know something I feel like I eventually grew out of to Tory Dixon will say different, but something I felt like I grew out of. But yeah, l was my first character crush.
Speaker 1: That is a good.
Speaker 3: Dream court side I guess.
Speaker 4: I think your dream court side guess would be. Y'all have to understand, Maddie is a person that wherever she at, she gonna talk to anybody to do anything to get anything done.
Speaker 3: We need to get in somewhere.
Speaker 1: Sha would like, hey, I literally did that today, which is actually insane for you.
Speaker 3: We had that personality type.
Speaker 4: She gonna make a way, she gonna find a way, and she gonna represent Houston.
Speaker 3: Love for sure.
Speaker 1: I love Houston.
Speaker 4: Your court side guess I would be if it's a home game, you're gonna pick somebody from Houston. Maybe that would make the most sense to me. Yeah, I would say either Beyonce or Megan thee Stallion.
Speaker 1: Okay, Beyonce was one that I had in my mind. That's a really good one. And my other one is would be my favorite player from the Rockets right now.
Speaker 3: You see what I mean? You see what I mean, literally twenty one.
Speaker 1: He's twenty one, and he like, it's so fun to watch play basketball. I'm not even like a big basketball person. I like to watch and I like to watch people do it well. And I feel like he's killing and this is.
Speaker 3: Her personality type and he gonna find here this out next thing. You know, he's gonna be at the court.
Speaker 1: Hey, good bit Shepherd if you're watching this, condor.
Speaker 3: Good plug, good pluck.
Speaker 1: Okay, your dream courts, i'd guess. I think. Also would be somebody from Austin, somebody high profile, Kevin Durant, I don't know, he went to Texas. That would be like someone big.
Speaker 3: No, no again.
Speaker 1: Anthony Joshua will be Ariel Anthony Joshua.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those are my top three.
Speaker 4: Anthony Joshua'll be my top will be my top celebrity guest to be there. But if we're going to go from Texas and do a.
Speaker 3: Low key kind of a little shout out.
Speaker 4: I would say Tara Davis Hunter. She's an Olympic long jump triple jumper, long jumper. She may do both, but I think I say I do long jump the most. Yeah, so shout to her. I kind of like know her a little bit. We kind of talk on Instagram. I've invited her out to the game bars. So busy, but I would definitely say to our day.
Speaker 1: This Hunter and get your bums support us please. Maybe she can come to the one when we come and play you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll ask her if she's in town. She lives in Austin too, so see, there we go, all right. Last one, the most important one, dynamic duo and pop culture best represents you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh Maddie is.
Speaker 1: A duo like a set of phone Sydney and what's her name? Oh, Sydney Colston, m TP yep. I would say, there I go, boom, easy, peasy, Okay, a little look around the league before we close out.
Speaker 4: Jordan's big Before we go, I just want to announce the score from production that's in the air.
Speaker 3: What's the big budget.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot girl, big head girl. Oh big cross.
Speaker 3: Side looking at us girl, bigger head, cross side. I'm too close to your face. It's it's side your head.
Speaker 1: Why is your hanging like that?
Speaker 3: You got you got a big, you got a small, you got a little neck.
Speaker 1: You like Ariel your love?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 1: You got a little neck?
Speaker 6: You married to one man? And it's Black History Month. Okay, and back to volleyball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we have Jordan Thompson leading in points two hundred and forty five. That's crazy offensive player of the week. She's really just holding it down for a team, really happy that she is with us.
Speaker 4: You know what, we had a bet. We made our team bet. Not everybody put a bet in, but we had two dollars bets. Basically it was like Salt Lake versus Love Houston, and we were sitting down at the table.
Speaker 3: If I put their money in, obviously I went for the h town.
Speaker 4: Obviously Molly was like, are you saying Houston Beek has managed your friend?
Speaker 3: Or like I'm like, no, this is an educating guess. Okay, we'll say both. But I was like in the day, I was like, they have JT.
Speaker 4: And what's funny is like we talk about people and who they are, we use their name. I said, they got j T and JT is JT in and everyone knows what that means. If somebody say, g J coming, JT is JT in. She was like, yeah, but Sala has Alexa. Yeah great, that's cool. That's that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: But JT is just like j T get to go over a game every she takes over games every night, you know what I mean? So like j T is JT in And I was right and we won, So I mean, y'a, so you know that we won. I don't know what they're feeding her, to be honest. I know that she's salmon like for every meal. So if you're trying to get on the JT diet, just do that. M hm. Okay. So we have Salt Lake US, Atlanta, Austin. You guys are right there, Nebraska and in the rankings right now. And then oh my gosh, and we had our Leberro had her first rookie. She was the first rookie t win a weekly award.
Speaker 3: She's good, she's goods.
Speaker 1: She works so hard, dude, like she has really really like improved since she got here. So I'm very excited for her, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like she wants to be good for you guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, she's definitely rising to the occasion. And it's so hard, especially having to fill the role of Justine as the liberro, Like, yeah, we have no expectations because you just you know, you can't compare someone to Justine. But yeah, she's doing her thing. I'm so happy for her. Yeah, she's doing a lot of good things for you guys. I think it's to create a lot of balance and stuff for y'all as well. Like she's passing well, she's defending really well.
Speaker 4: Coverage is insane, Like she covers ball sometimes I'm like, what the hell. So she's doing real, really good reeling it. You have ever said? The Seven Pancakes come out every Wednesday. Everywhere you get your podcast and on YouTube.
Speaker 1: I'm Maddie and I'm Cat.
Speaker 3: You're watching Serve Panky.
Speaker 1: Cat The Flip Side.
Speaker 4: Serving Pancakes is an iheartwomen's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcast. Production by the League One Volleyball we're your hosts, Kat Beell and Mattie Rachelle.
Speaker 3: See you on the flip side.