Speaker 1: So we talk Back podcast the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network.
Speaker 2: So we're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks. What's up y'all?
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning in for a new episode and we talk back the show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers. This is your co host, A J.
Speaker 3: Holiday.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Tam Bam Like hi, everyone, Like this is Tamala, Like he oh no, And I'm like in l a and.
Speaker 3: Like I just had a kale salad.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 1: All of them like to get on my goddamn nerve, like don't don't automatically start sounding like kim A, Like oh my god, like this is so it's so bizarre, like spit it out already.
Speaker 3: The fuck.
Speaker 1: That's one thing I can't get with the lingo. Like there's a couple of different lingos, and that's one of them that gets on my damn nerve.
Speaker 3: Because hurry up and spit it out, bitch.
Speaker 5: Speak.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: So how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: First, me, First, I ain't do shit that y'all left the house. Okay, I've been inside fuck around with our videos and stuff. So I've been working.
Speaker 4: How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: My weekend was cool. I just I actually didn't get here till yesterday. So I was still in Charlotte over the weekend and I was staying with my best friend, but then she got COVID. So then I went to a hotel and that was just the best thing. It was free breakfast every morning. I didn't have to eat cheerios and shit, I ain't have to hear no crying babies, even though I love my guy kids, don't get me wrong, but it was nice to and I wasn't on no air mattress no more. So I just enjoyed those couple of days in the hotel. And then I flew in yesterday to La You guys, I just got here, and I really was tired because I was up drinking Saturday night and then I flew out Sunday morning, shame. So when I got here, I was just exhausted. So I pretty much checked in and and relaxed the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: I didn't do anything. So my my accent is like so fake, like for our and then here we are ship.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to another tropical storm is supposed to be on the way, So I mean I'm in, I'm in the house. I might go to Costco. That's your face, because it's right down the street. That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, I think I'm about to go. Like, there's a Saphora down the street from me. I might go get me a little part time job there, just so I can make some money until Yeah, back to the back to the old trenches, y'all know that's my family. I used to work there a long time ago. Let me get some gratis. Shout out to all my Sphori girlies and guys and days. Girl.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a matt counter here in them all. Don't nobody even work there, like you. It's there, but it's never anybody there.
Speaker 2: Like. Actually, remember how important MAC was in the early two thousands. If you didn't have some lip glass, what was you doing with your lips, bitch? Because old baby, old baby, that ship was so thick thick.
Speaker 3: You put that ship off and after about two hour.
Speaker 1: Mosquitoes sticking to that little white line, right, you got wipe that ship off. What is it, old baby? I still got a tube of old baby. That's your probably really yeah, yeah, if I put it on in my lip might breakout because I definitely still have like some makeup from Tea I Shadow Palace.
Speaker 3: I do not throw them away. I do not throw them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the weekend was uneventful. It's uh, it's a great day to day though, And let's get it get into the sin stupid Internet. I'm gonna change it from internet. So stupid internet.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Carisha Police came out with season two and we definitely were like Carrisha pleased with this episode because girl.
Speaker 1: I season one only had five episodes. Okay, really she really finessing the podcast. Yes, so many episodes did you see in season one?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but they did numbers. They did numbers.
Speaker 2: All her episodes did really big words and she started her season two with her story is who better to interview her than Saucy C and ten and her bestie? But I just did not I you know, I ran to watch it.
Speaker 3: But I didn't get nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you feel like it was like, ooh, she shared some you know something that we didn't realize already. We know you and JT ain't like that no more. We know y'all probably still love each other, but it just ain't what it used to be. We know you're gonna stick beside Diddy because you ain't saying shit all this time.
Speaker 1: And out she says she not with him, so I mean she probably at gonna just discard him. But as far as the relationship, she at this point is self perseverance, So I wouldn't want to attach myself to that shit either. Okay, she's a smart girl for that. And like she said, they both used each other, so I agree.
Speaker 3: With But that's something we all knew, right, didn't we all know that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I wish you would. I wish they wouldn't even have talked about JC, y'all. I love jt Okay. I'm trying to pick sides, but it's I don't know. I like jt Okay and I feel like they had already smashed whatever they had going on, let it go. So they got into it. Yeah, they got into it online, and I thought they had gotten past it, So for her to then still mention, you know there, we know, y'all. We know, y'all, not like that. We could see it. We could tell. I especially knew when they both was on the Breakfast Club and I heard how they travel and from Entourage's makeup artists. They just got there separately, and she confirmed like they they didn't really see each other until they got on stage most of the times, like they just you can tell she lives in Yeah, she's in Miami. JT's in La. So they just weren't on the same page with a lot of things. So I can kind of it's nothing new, Okay. I do like that she was vulnerable a little bit. I definitely understand how she says she she was she lost her person.
Speaker 2: I imagine, all right, so when we say shit on this podcast, people be attacking us for our views, imagine the magnitude that she gets attacked in this next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have really you gotta have really thick skin, and you just got to be on some some fuck you type shit. You know, I had to tell one person, there's nobody in this world that can say or do anything that will appease every time. You can't, right, So some people whatever I say might resonate with them, and some people are and that's okay. You're not one of my people, and that's okay, But I'm not about to go back and forth with somebody who really, you know, like you mad her but not to my immediate real life.
Speaker 3: You just don't, and they crucified Jesus.
Speaker 1: Jesus, So.
Speaker 3: Do this, okay, then celebrate her afterwards, you know.
Speaker 1: So I don't humans girl bye, Okay. I was sure the best of luck on all the things she has going on. I think we know JT was always the rapper. You know, Karesha hell.
Speaker 3: Locked up. She did hold him down.
Speaker 2: I hope they can reconcile just enough to be sisters again, to get back to who they were before the money and the fame.
Speaker 1: I don't think once when certain things happen in relationships, is no really getting back. I have friends who I consider family members, right and I don't talk to them anymore. I still love them, but once certain things happen, is like it's hard to get back. Like I can never get on the phone with these bitches and tell them about my life never again. I don't trust them anymore in that way. So yeah, I just, you know, you just deal with them from a distance kind of. So I don't think that they'll probably never get back to what they were, but they still consider themselves family. That's most important, right, So you ain't just you know, undercutting each other all crazy in the public. Just keep it cordial. At this point, y'all moving in two different directions, and it's okay. I think a lot of it is social media, right, you allow these outside entities to disrupt the relationship you have with this person that you've known way before the money, way before the fame, way before anybody really knew y'all, you know what I'm saying. So sometimes you just got to get back to the basis basics, and they probably will never get back.
Speaker 3: I know, it was funny when she was like who got left off? Bat and bougie me?
Speaker 1: That was funny in hell, that was funny as how she was. I didn't even know nothing about it. Like now, yeah, I mean, y'all don't have to do everything together, you know what I'm saying, Like, even when we talk back, this is a platform that both of us should be able to make next steps off of. Right, Everything does not have to be a group effort. Okay, this is a stepping stone for the both of us. So I mean, that's just how they have to look at us so they can move on and be okay with each other, or I mean, at this point, be okay with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to order Kresha. Uh what is it called? Richa Roulet?
Speaker 3: Part two?
Speaker 4: The first one.
Speaker 1: Questions.
Speaker 2: I was like, these young millennials is off the motherfucking Chaine because a lot of this stuff do not align with my spirit and I I've never gon like it was one question like fucking your mama boyfriend or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That Priscilla has that game and we played it and it's like a lot of the cars are the same thing. It's like very repetitious. It's the same content on each card. It's like it's just it's easy. Like I wonder what the second one is gonna be, Like, I hope she adds like, you know a little bit more substance.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but she balling, bitch.
Speaker 1: We need to come up with a uh.
Speaker 3: We talked back the card game. Yes, yeah, that sound fun. Let's make it up or shut the fuck up. Oh yeah, we shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: We talked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll create that soon, all right. So I don't know if y'all saw this, but I thought this was interesting. This black male waiter from a restaurant followed a Patriot and that he had just served outside because she did not provide a tip for him, and he basically confronted her at her car about not leaving.
Speaker 3: Him a tip. And I was looking at that, like, what in the entire fuck is happening in the United States right now? Girl?
Speaker 1: I could not imagine. That wasn't even the scary part for me, right, It's the comments in the post that are that's more scary to me, because a lot of people thought he was okay and justified in following a woman from his job to her car and confronting her for not tipping him, like, sir, take it up with your manager if you're not making.
Speaker 3: Enough, right, or go get a different job.
Speaker 1: A lot of people, yeah, a lot of people will saying, oh, you shouldn't eat out if you can't tip, you know, come on, man. On top of a regular eighteen to twenty five percent tip, a lot of these restaurants have added extra service fees and shit like that onto your bill automatically since COVID, nobody has rolled anything back that they implemented after COVID. Okay, COVID is essentially over now, but we are stuck with a lot of, uh, just different things. People are a price sclengon on every goddamn thing. So you mean to tell me, if I want to eat out and I can only afford my meal, I can't afford the extra to tip. You're saying stay home.
Speaker 3: That's how people are didn't say it. I think I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I assume maybe they're in the service industry. I've never actually been in the service industry outside of working in my family's restaurant, which wouldn't require tip because it's like get your food and gold type shit. But first of all, maybe his service wasn't that great. Her thing to him was, you know, I didn't have any cash. He was like, oh, I got cash.
Speaker 3: App excuse me, I got pepper spring. Get away from my car, because why are you out here with me?
Speaker 2: You are neglecting to see you He probably had bad service because I'm sure you got some tables right now that you neglected to be outside with me asking for money.
Speaker 3: No, that's now.
Speaker 1: If that weren't my employee, find yeah, because how dare you?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing I understand.
Speaker 2: Tipping is proper etiquette in the United States, right it is, But in the event that there is no tip, you are not entitled to that. The only thing that you are entitled to is your minimum wage salary that the restaurant pays. That is the only thing you're entitled to. Now, is it sucky if someone doesn't leave you a tip tip? Yes, but they don't owe you that. You can't follow nobody out to their car to requesting free money. You're essentially begging. Now you're outside begging.
Speaker 1: And it was really weird, and you're a grown ass man rolling up on a woman at night time, like I'm sorry, sir, I probably like would have put my pistol on my lap or something in his face, like GIFN buy my car because.
Speaker 2: Now you got a panhandling you are you outside begging? Go back to work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't do that. Yeah, I understand where he would want that tip.
Speaker 1: That's never okay.
Speaker 2: I understand where you want your tips. I get it because you don't make nothing an hour, and I get it. But you don't get to do that. You should never do that follow anybody about a tip.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's just like people like doing door dash and uber eads and Instacart stuff like that. Like there there's been drivers that would go back to the customer's house, you know, confronting them for not giving them a tip. So now what's happening is these big companies, corporations, small business owners, they're now pitting the employees against the consumer because they're not paying them enough. Essentially, that's what it is, because maybe minimum wage for service should be a little bit more to fill in the gap absolutely, you know, with the tips. I feel like that if you don't make enough in tips for that day, there should be some system in place to where they kind of offset your pay, right so you can at least get this a good minimum wage for the evening. Like that should not The owners should not be on the customer that is.
Speaker 3: And then the little bit that they do pay.
Speaker 2: People in the services industry they texting the fuck out of that too, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, again that's still not just not.
Speaker 3: Should not it should not be fair.
Speaker 2: To her for saying it, Like I would have felt compelled to send him some money too, Like are you going to attack me because you came to my car he robbed?
Speaker 1: Much like, yeah, he's strong on her for real, for real, Like and you know it, almost people may not this might sound kind of weird, but it's almost like getting your kuchie taken, you know what, I'm saying, we talked a lot about how.
Speaker 5: We talked a lot of we've talked.
Speaker 1: Listen, We've talked about like things can be a little things could be a little, ari a little. It's a little bit, you know what I'm saying, Like you might do some shit in a moment so you can get out of this situation. That's what I felt, Like, what's happening with her?
Speaker 3: Like she she.
Speaker 1: Probably couldn't believe that that was.
Speaker 2: She just sent a cash out, because what's next? If I say no right here?
Speaker 3: This man might hit me? What you know exactly?
Speaker 1: So to me, she got robbed.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't leave. If I wanted to leave a tip, I would have done it in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, what are you doing? What are you doing? Why did you think that was okay? That guy has mental health issues and she probably shouldn't have played with him. She did, right, she didn't? She Well, if it was me, you know, I gotta learn how to de escalate, because I swear to God.
Speaker 3: I would have something that I would have did. I was like, hold.
Speaker 2: On on that, nigga, I'm already in the garbage.
Speaker 3: What you gonna do?
Speaker 2: He would have been holding on to what I had would have held on tight because I would have hit that gas.
Speaker 1: So hard that ship is Oh yeah, okay, but listen.
Speaker 2: Shout out to everybody in the service industry because that is hard work and the tips do help out a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, I get it, But don't do that. Don't none of y'all do that no more? Period. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that's like kind of ridiculous. Okay, So now the internet is in a frenzy. Just a little tad bit. Tracy Ellis Ross, she posted a picture with some slacks on and no top hole in her titties. Right. The first comment I saw about it, it was a guy saying, like, you know, you down bad at this big age if you don't have a husband, and it's how you present on the internet. It was something like that along those lines, right, And I think either it was today or yes, yesterday I saw that, But now today another another blog actually posted it. Says Tracy Ellis Ross sparks online debate about thirst strapping in your fifties with resurface topless photo. Okay, so she maybe maybe she didn't just post us people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all it's just researching.
Speaker 1: Is this pick on Tracy Ellis Ross week. But you know it's attack on women. You know, we can't do nothing right and nothing wrong, because if you're young and posting some shit like that, it's a problem, you know what I'm saying. If you do it older, it's a problem. So I don't know, what do you think.
Speaker 2: I think her tits look so good. First of all, she looks amazing first and foremost, and second like it's her body to do with what with it, what she desires. She wasn't showing nipples, It wasn't like nasty and who cares. I just don't see nothing wrong with it. She looks great. Shout out to Tracy. And I think she looked great because she ain't married and ain't had no kids, and it just that energy just preserves you for some reason.
Speaker 1: That part, that part, you know, because I mean, let's let's let's just not act like like relate getting married. It just it doesn't just complete you. Okay, that is one part of your life if you happen to do it. But like we talk all the time, I think that women do look better single Like I'm sorry, I'm sorry if you're not in a relationship with the right person. You'd be looking dragged. I feel like my last relationship, I looked so old and he would make jokes about how young he looked. Right, this nigga was literally sucking my life and it's a real thing. So shout out to Tracy Ellis Ross. So some of these comments, and it looks like a lot of them were for women. Okay, the first one I mentioned was a guy. Here goes one comment. Someone says she's too old to be thirst trapping. I realize I don't find shit as deep as y'all do, ever, because who gives a fuck? That's how I feel. And it's just a guy. Let me see, he looks like a guy, big king, big big bic. Okay, he said, ain't she like fifty? Why she got her to out?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with some fifty year old titties being out? Like? I'm confused. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Her titties look great, she looks excellent, and she feels confident in her body. And what is she supposed to do? Not get older and not love herself anymore? Not just be yourself? Whatever?
Speaker 3: That looks like that's annoying because let me trust.
Speaker 2: And believe if these titties stay sitting up at fifty y'all might see you.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting my titty. That's not my brand, Like, that's not on brand for me. Like I'm not gonna be naked on the internet ever, right, But if there's two things with that, right, because I have made comments about people just blanket statements like if you got to wake up and put your ass on the internet and then go work and a call, go sit on there all day long on the call center, like that's something shit. It's just like every day. Nobody want to see your ass every foll Maybe do, maybe some people do want to see your ass every day, but me in particular, Like I'm really going to unfollow you if I see your ass.
Speaker 2: To my very first earthquake on my very first day here, that's scary.
Speaker 1: I saw it screen shaking too. I started screenshaking, Yo.
Speaker 3: That's scared the ship out of me. I want to go.
Speaker 1: There's a theory that California and New York will one day be detached from the rest of America because of things like that earthquakes and being below sea level and yeah, y'all motherfuckers might float away. Yo.
Speaker 2: My mouth is I want to go hanging open. I've never felt anything like that before.
Speaker 1: You never felt like a little quake before in South Carolina, I have not like that, not like what that just was. I heard an alarm going off. Yeah yeah girl, m m mm hmm. Girls up, So I could go back to the airport. Look, but back to back to the episode. So another comment says she she's suddenly too old to be posting thirst traps. But when women in their twenties post them, they are called attention seeking whores. Just say you believe you have the rights of police women. Just say you are narcissist. You are narcissistic enough to believe this woman was performing for the male gaze. That could be a thing. And another guy says this internet had The Internet has destroyed everything elegant about women. Nobody ever criticizes men. I mean only thing men really get criticized by being broke. That's about it. They could do whatever else they right, Yeah, because depending on how much money you have, like you can get away with whatever. But for women it don't matter. Like you got too much money, oh bitch, don't nobody give a fuck about your degree or your money.
Speaker 4: Fuck you bitch, you.
Speaker 1: Don't have no money.
Speaker 3: Oh you project ho, get off the project.
Speaker 1: I don't know what y'all want. I don't know what y'all want, but get off of us. And Kirk Franklin okay said get the.
Speaker 3: Fuck up off of it. Yeah, Kirk.
Speaker 1: Kirk Franklin was just on Cam Newton's podcast this week, and you know, he was talking about how marriage has been weaponized in Western civilization because here Tracy Ellis Ross is an example. She's a fifty year old woman with no children, has never been wed. She's attached to a couple men, you know, throughout years for fifty like a couple guys maybe, and you know she's being shamed for having never been married and having never had children. Kirk Franklin was talking to Cam Newton about this and he did say marriage is a necessary distraction. I remember t I was saying how his marriage was a distraction. TI. You are where you are because of the energy of time in Let's be very fucking clear. So when y'all men, you know, you're trying to figure out, okay, what what what is? What do men get out of marriage? Everything? You get everything out of marriage? Everything? Okay, So when you're trying to take your life to the next level. Consider getting a wife. How about that? So it is a necessary distraction, is what he's saying. A lot of jobs, a lot of positions. People don't even want to see y'all ass single as a man, Like where's your wife?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You could be the preacher of a church.
Speaker 1: Well, now they got their husbands up.
Speaker 3: That's what he That's what he said.
Speaker 2: He was like, you can't be in ministry without a partner, like they'd be wanting you to be.
Speaker 1: Well they up there what they partner? It's for real now, So I mean that's also different. You know, I don't think nobody wants to see a single CEO of a company, a single president president, like like, where's your wife?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because with good women comes wisdom, right, So it's not a bad thing. Ever, I don't know. It just seems like in the black community, like we don't grasp that the men don't grass It's not that women don't women want to be single. Is that men don't want to be married?
Speaker 4: For real?
Speaker 1: A lot of them don't.
Speaker 3: Baby, I just pissed my pants a little bit.
Speaker 5: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I can't even folks. I got to change my draws when we get deal with.
Speaker 1: This and one other thing. Kirk Franklin also said he said being married is not a prerequisite for God's hand men, Like, just because you don't get married, that doesn't mean you're not going to be successful. This is I'm talking about for women because they act like we can't do nothing great without a man next to us, and actually, to me, women do pretty well without without a husband. I can't say the same for men and not having a wife. Yeah, like y'all don't even know how to wash your clothes half the time or even wash your.
Speaker 2: Draw They haveing a thousand dollars suit and they had like a little joy.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 1: Was that your No? That was Priscilla also telling me how nigga she was at a dude's house and he got up off the couch and had ship on the back of his uh his tink top like the tink top mussel crack his ask or had like a little skinny.
Speaker 3: I know y'all feel that. I know y'all feel that in y'all ass Hey, y'att to be she and she asked it in a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Suit period, So if anything, get a wife so you can get your hygiene up.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but some of these women be nasty as hell. Okay, I've seen and they go together.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 1: Just look anyway, listen, Mike. While I was setting up well a couple of hours before, right after we got off our meeting earlier, I'm like, why the fuck am I in here? Sweat and somebody air conditioning like froze up. So I had to call a maintenance And when a guy came, he was like, your place is so nice, man. We go on some people's apartments, you can't even move around in there, like how do you how does your brain work? And clutter, like.
Speaker 3: When people just be hoarders and stacks it up big as they are.
Speaker 1: Tall hoarding too. I hoard mail and I I hoard uh like hair products and ship like that. So there are some things that I have a problem letting go. But like just having clutter all stamped.
Speaker 2: Up on the side of the wall because you are tall, that's the next level where you can't there's only all like a room to walk through.
Speaker 3: That's next level.
Speaker 1: My second bedroom is full of bullshit, and I keep the door closed because if I open it, my brain is going to automatically.
Speaker 3: Get too.
Speaker 1: Get y'all life together, and get y'all shit in order. Anyway, y'all. So this week we have some beautiful young women on We talked back this week, and we just want to We want to get their opinion on life and living and politics and all all the things like nobody ever thinks about young people and what they.
Speaker 3: What they care about.
Speaker 1: You know, I remember feeling not having Yeah, I remember feeling like I don't have a voice. Even little little kids have something to say, you know what I'm saying. So we want to get their opinion on a state of the world and just see how they live and what they got going, and we getting up in their business today, y'all. So stay tuned and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And I got to go clean my drawers. I'll be back in a second, all right, y'all. So I came up with this idea because me and Aja we sit and talk with y'all. We've been talking with y'all for years, and it's always from a perspective of a thirty something and a forty something.
Speaker 1: Bitch. Don't play on me very clear. I'm forty and Tammy's older than means okay, so.
Speaker 3: They say, I don't know how true that is.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to bring on some younger women so we can have a conversation with them about love and life and their thoughts on things like politics and all the things that they may have a different perspective than we have right now as older women. So thank you Mahogany and Naira for joining us on we time back.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you, all right.
Speaker 2: So these are my girls, These are my babies. This is my best friend's niece, and this is one of my clients and friends, Octavia's young daughter Mahogany. So I reached out to them and I was like, would y'all be willing to join us and talk about y'all life? And I thought they were gonna be nervous, but both of them was like, okay.
Speaker 1: Let's sprint on the mic. Though I don't know about that project.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's get into it now. We're gonna start with you tell everybody who you are.
Speaker 3: You know what you can do? Tell lets your name and describe yourself in three words.
Speaker 1: Girl, this is a whole job. And if you go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: My name is Jenirah. I'm from Youngstown, Ohio, and three words to describe me would be laid back, go get her period? And why am I? Why do I have no words to give you a third word? I got a third word. I got a third word, dependable.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: What about you, Mahogany.
Speaker 6: My name is Mahogany Ribbons. I'm Charlie and I'm eighteen, and three words to describe me will probably be charismatic, intriguing, and optimistic.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's riz right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're starting with we're starting with starting with dating? Or are we starting with politics?
Speaker 3: We're talking.
Speaker 2: I want to start with y'all goals, like I want to know a little bit about before we get into like the men and the conversations about love, which I really want to talk about. I just want to know, like, what are some of your goals as young women? Well, right now, I want to work on getting a car. I want to get my own car. And I'm in school right now, so basically that's just my main goal for right now.
Speaker 3: But so are you still in high school? Are you starting college?
Speaker 6: I'm starting college now. I just graduated actually at June tenth.
Speaker 3: Okay, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yay, y'all graduated from Maley Creek High School and I'll go to Central pet and I'm taking a few classes there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's your what you major in finance?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good and they needs money, so that's a good.
Speaker 3: And what about you?
Speaker 4: I'm twenty and I just graduated from cosmetology school last October. Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 3: Where did you go to school?
Speaker 4: I went to school at Charlotte. That's okay, girl. So a few of my goals is to just have a steady clientel, be booked out for months, and once I get that clientele, I want to eventually like move from behind the chair. And I want to get more into like retail. I want to get more into like the real estate part. I want to open soon suites.
Speaker 1: Yes there, that's that's lovely, ladies.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that we know, I was just making sure y'all had some because it was import that y'all have goals.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like I didn't have any graduating from high school. I have no major goals. I know I wanted to go to college, I did not finish my degree, and I didn't have like I'm impressed because I didn't know what the hell I wanted to do come out of high school.
Speaker 2: I think we live in a time now where entrepreneurship been more pushed, and like, get into your bag has been more push than when we was eighteen years old. When I came out of school, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, I wanted some new lip blows and I want my hair. So I'm very proud of y'all.
Speaker 2: I definitely want us because we talk about a lot about relationships on this show, so I definitely wanted to get into your relationships as young women, you know, because I.
Speaker 3: Know y'all got little things going on, and.
Speaker 2: So hand on, I wrote down some questions. Do y'all have boyfriends?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: You don't have a boyfriend. What about you?
Speaker 4: I had a boyfriend, You had a boyfriend?
Speaker 3: How long you been with your boyfriend?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a year in October?
Speaker 3: You would love he love?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: You bet? It's it's some wax now, you bet it say it right?
Speaker 3: So why are you single?
Speaker 5: Why am I single? I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's like I don't think that the boys who be coming for me and I don't really chase, so I usually just wait.
Speaker 6: And the people who be coming for me, they don't really live up to the standard that I won't like a lot of them. They don't even have a car, and I don't have a car either, So if we both don't have cars, I don't think that's gonna work out.
Speaker 5: Somebody gotta meet somebody in the middle, like I can.
Speaker 3: So basically, you just want someone who's focused.
Speaker 2: You're focused on your goals, and you want someone who has their own goals before you.
Speaker 6: Or at least a car, at least a car, or at least the money to give me an uber around like.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 6: I could do that, but a lot of times that's just not what be going on, Like their heads just be everywhere else.
Speaker 1: So I think the young girls usually always have a car before the young young guys, So it's always somebody driving somebody's daughter car somewhere.
Speaker 2: But don't do you feel like that's a hard expectation for an eighteen year old boy.
Speaker 6: He's just a I do, But I mean, I just want to get myself to get the first, Like, I don't think that I can deal with somebody else not having no car. I mean, I feel like, because if you're eighteen, Like honestly, like you guys just have to start getting your life together.
Speaker 7: Like at this point you have to start doing something.
Speaker 6: I mean, I could see if you offering me like uber money or something, but you're not.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of just don't say you're.
Speaker 3: Not doing it.
Speaker 1: So do you have a driver's license? Because I realize a lot of the young boys don't even have a license. I'm not even interested in getting one.
Speaker 7: Y'all can't be doing that. Y'all have to step up, like, oh my gosh, I can't.
Speaker 1: Never been issued a license. And half of them wonna be thirty when no drive is licensed.
Speaker 3: Yes, the same they're gonna have licenses. So let me ask you this. You say you're in love, Well, what does it mean to be in love? In your opinion?
Speaker 4: So to me, it's like I don't want to stay home, but like you know, it's like a safe space for you. It's like that's who you run to when like you're you just going through anything. You know, it's like a comfort for you, Like it's I don't know, like it's just like it's a feeling you have, like you just feel so secure, you feel wanted, you feel loved, all of the things that like make you feel cozy inside.
Speaker 2: So when you think of love is it's more about how it makes you feel or how you want to give love too.
Speaker 3: Because I know you didn't mention.
Speaker 4: You asked me what is it like to be?
Speaker 3: What has loved me to you? But you didn't say anything about No?
Speaker 1: Are you love right?
Speaker 3: Are you? Are you giving love to this person?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes I am. Man.
Speaker 3: In what ways? Did you say it's hot?
Speaker 6: It's a little toasted, just a little bit, just a little bit, just a little toasty, you know, go ahead, But yes.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like in this generation and like not even in generation, but like this on social media, Like I feel like we put out that like men are like supposed to do all of this and like girls are supposed to do nothing in return, and I feel like that's not true. Like I feel like everything that my boyfriend does for me, and like everything that I want him to do for me, I should be able to reciprocate, and like also I do do that for him. So I feel like, because like fifty.
Speaker 3: That's good. I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 1: I think some of the conversations we see online are also from older people. Sometimes it's not from the younger person perspective, because you guys are building. So when you see older women online talking about relationships and what you know they require and and they're hard stops, it's because you expect this man to be in a certain position. At this point, y'all are together. You're building two young people. Like it's given that he might not have a car. Okay, it's given that y'all gonna have to do fifty to fifty. But these conversations between adult women is just a little bit different because we have higher expectations. I think I always wanted to live a new set.
Speaker 2: I think you see adult conversations because that's your algorithm, right. We ain't got no young like the young conversations. I'm sure they haven't them.
Speaker 3: We're just not seeing it because they're not directly.
Speaker 1: And y'all don't be talking like, no, we just don't see. My niece don't talk, she whispers.
Speaker 3: So I have another question. What are your thoughts on marriage? How do you feel about marriage?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like that's something that you would want in the future or you feel like marriage is an idea of the past, Like is it something that.
Speaker 3: You require or you could just be with someone like is your boyfriend forever? What do you think.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say that I would be with someone from my boyfriend forever. But like right now, in this day and age, as a twenty year old, I'm not dating to marry. Maybe like a little later in my life I would be dating to marry, but right now, no, But I do want to get married at some point in my later days. I just feel like right now, like I'm young, like I don't want to be like I'm in a committed relationship, like it's definitely committed, but like marriage is like full on commitment. You know, I'll start everything that everything comes together as one, and you know, it's just like I'm not against it. I can see any young people getting married on TikTok at like twenty like I been thinking it's cute, but it's not for me. At twenty it's not for me.
Speaker 3: But alright, so but you would get married.
Speaker 4: I do wanna get married in the future, And what's a good age. I feel like t like twenty seven, like my later twenties, early thirties, but I wouldn't want to get married no younger than that.
Speaker 1: And you think the person you went right now, y'all gonna make it to early late twenties, early thirties.
Speaker 4: My aumby asking me this all the time, and I don't feel like okay, So I'm not oblivious to the fact that, like we're young, so like you know, like when you young, like relationships is like temporary, like you know, you don't even know everything that you like right now, like you you're growing and you outgrow stuff. So I'm not oblivious to the fact that, like, probably not, but I do, like I would love that, like you know, I'm not against it, like I I love my boyfriend again, like I would like to be able to grow with each other versus outgrowing each other. But I'm not like settling that.
Speaker 3: Like and what about you in Mahogany, how do you feel about marriage?
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, just like women in my life are really married, so I don't even really have a good example about it.
Speaker 7: But marriage for me, like I don't, I don't really know.
Speaker 6: I mean my angle, like I want to get married at one point in my life, but I don't see that as like a real big goal for me because I feel like I'm my own person again. That's like unity. Like once you marry somebody, you just come as one. And I don't know, I just want to be my hogany right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but maybe like when I'm twenty eight, twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yes, that when your birthday it just passed, Yeah, twenty ninth of July, Leo, that's Leo, right.
Speaker 6: I don't know, though, I feel like marriage ties people down, and you gotta accept a lot with marriage, like especially from what I've seen, like people put up with a lot just in the name of marriage, and I don't know, I couldn't deal with it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we gonna say.
Speaker 3: But I desire that though, you know, that's something you don't.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't desire to grow old alone, you know. I mean some people are okay with that and there's nothing wrong with it, But me, what about you is?
Speaker 1: I think the people who are okay with growing alone are the ones who have already had families, like, they already had kids, they have probably already been married. Because if you speak to a divorcee like a woman I don't know, forty to fifty, they do not desire to be married ever again. Nor they're not looking forward anyway, and I think because we haven't actually done things, you know, it might look lit, but even just cohabitating, as I spoke about last week, Okay, on last week's episode, it is fucking hard. So I went mahogany. When like having to split yourself in half? You know you want to. I like to say I like to be single in a relationship, which could be very problematic, problematic for most people, but that's really how I feel, and not because I want to be able to do what I want to do outside of this relationship. I just want to make sure I can maintain my own independence within a union. And when you marry, I feel like you sometimes lose yourself women oftentimes I don't think men consider that, and that's that could be our perception, but we do end up giving up a lot to maintain relationships, that's true.
Speaker 2: What are your what are your thoughts on motherhood? Like, how do you feel about motherhood?
Speaker 6: I think motherhood is very significant a persius life. I think that everybody needs parenthood actually, like I think everybody needs both parents. But I feel like you could raise a daughter without her father, so motherhood is definitely important. Like what about a son though, no, you a son need his daddy, like to show to display what a man's supposed to be like because because a lot of people, a lot of my friends personally, they're like really misguided because they don't have a father figure in their life, but they have their mother. They see their mom struggling and stuff, so they think it's okay for a woman to be out here struggling. Like they think that's what y'are supposed to do. But it's not like people need they das.
Speaker 2: But motherhood is very important, Like you don't do you think? So you said, like girl, like you can raise a girl without a father. Why do you feel like a girl doesn't need a father?
Speaker 6: Because I mean even though even though she do, but it's like nine times I tend she's gonna learn how to do most of the stuff for her by herself because like I don't know, it's just a woman thing, Like you're gonna learn how to take care of we're smarter, yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Prone.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Yeah, I don't know if that's it. I think it's just that that's what we've seen. We've seen women do it on their own. We've seen women raise women to be independent, which is a word I personally hate.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't subscribe to.
Speaker 2: No other race of women is like strong, strong Asian women or strong White women.
Speaker 3: It's just strong Black women.
Speaker 2: We've adopted this idea that we are supposed to be strong and independent when we really are supposed to be a unit and rely on our male counterpart. So so I understand why you would feel that way, Like where you see women doing it by theirselves, so you feel like a woman can raise a girl to be fine without a father.
Speaker 3: But we need fathers.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, especially as young women. When you start dating, you need to know what as a woman, you need to know what a good man looks like. You know what I'm saying, And this is why I always talk to men if they have a daughter. You're talking all this shit about women. Your daughter's gonna break your heart one day because you're gonna run into a nigga like you, So you better be being the best dad possible to your daughter. So girls need dads too, you know what I'm saying. I probably wouldn't have went through half the shit. My dad wasn't absent, but he just doesn't talk much. You know what I'm saying like they my parents weren't. They got divorced, but he didn't talk much, so it's not like I could go to him for advice anyway, So I don't know. And when I did ask for advice, it was to be by yourself, was the advice from my daddy.
Speaker 6: Although he's not present with me, he tells me all the time. He's like, he just shows me how to love myself. But I feel like my mom, she shows me how to love the world.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 3: That's a good balance.
Speaker 2: But I do think it's important for our days to help us understand.
Speaker 3: How to love men, you know, and not just them you know. Like I guess that's the first.
Speaker 2: Example of how to love a man is with your father. But if he ain't around, then what.
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 1: You be looking for daddy and niggas And that's a problem, Like you you could pick your daddy, but you can't choose your father, right right, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: What do you feel about our generation, me and AJ and your moms and aunties, Like what do y'all feel like we just don't understand, Like we just don't fucking get.
Speaker 3: This is I don't know.
Speaker 6: This is a really complicated topic actually, but it's mostly just social media, like the exposure of social media that the younger generation has caught on to, Like I don't think the older generation will ever understand that because y'all wasn't really there, like how much we are here at presently, and it's like we see so much and it's like we.
Speaker 5: Affected by so much. So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think it's it morphed our minds differently than how it was for y'all growing up, especially while we developing, Like seeing stuff like that, I don't know. I don't think it's normal, but it's happening, Like in the world, it's very common.
Speaker 5: So so you.
Speaker 2: Just feel like the access to information that y'all got in your formative years was just more so y'all think y'all know more than us.
Speaker 5: No, it's not even that.
Speaker 6: It's not even that I feel like kids have been it's supposed to more explicit things like you're not supposed to be watching it as a kid, Like.
Speaker 5: It's just some things that.
Speaker 6: You was not supposed to see right now, but you got to see it and you can't unsee it, Yes, And it's like it traumatizes you and it affects you, like and controlling their emotions, like, this generation do not know how to control their emotions. Nobody do nobody know how to control their emotions.
Speaker 1: Adults don't either. Okay, there teaching us and we don't, and we just go about everything the wrong way because we're seeing the older generation doing well. Our generation, I feel like we had a we saw everything eighties babies, like from the change in music or how music is even played TV. Internet, like, we experienced all the things.
Speaker 2: And we also grew up during an epidemic. So during the eighties, a lot of our parents, a lot of our uncles aunties were addicted to drugs. So we were latch key kids a lot of us. We were home by ourselves oftentimes, and we got to expose to a lot of different things too. And I think the parents now are just have sheltered our thought. They sheltered you because of their experiences. They wanted to just keep you safe and keep you away from all of these things that we got to see. And in the midst of that, you were exposed to so much by looking at your tablet all the time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because parents weren't parenting, like the internet was get where my phone at, give them the iPhone or given them tablet. They can't even go any place without the tablet.
Speaker 2: Because we were outside running the street until the street light came on. We were outside running around, and we might've been exposed to think exact way, but you were in the house being exposed to things all.
Speaker 3: Over the earth. So it's just a different experience. What about you?
Speaker 4: Going off of what you said, Like parents like seeing a lot, so they were like trying to shelter their kids from stuff. I feel like parents just don't understand that, Like it's certain stuff your kids have to learn on the like on their own. It's certain stuff they have to go through to get through. Like you can't preach to the choir to death and like expect them to just listen. Like, no, your kid's gonna want to see firsthand how stuff is gonna play out, how the result is, and like I feel like they don't understand that. We understand like what could happen, and we just want to see for ourselves. Like it's like I don't know, I get like that. Yeah, y'all have been around and like y'all see stuff around you've been around, You've seen it, you went through it. Like I get that, we get that, but it's like you can't shelter us, and like expect you vocally telling us something is like enough versus us physically seeing it firsthand on our own.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: I agree. And what Mahogany said, I do expect our the younger generation to be smarter than the last one. Our parents probably can't accept that we might be smarter than them, but we're supposed to be so. I expect y'all because y'all have more access to more information at a younger age, you should be accelerated at this point with life. Sometimes. But what you just said about not letting them do the things, Yeah, and see, this is why some of my friends get mad at me. I'll be like, fuck black moments, just fucking with them, right because we were just y'all age doing all the dumb shit, experiencing the dumb shit. Like your parents can tell you whatever, but you still want to do what you want to do because you've got to experience it for yourself. Some people can learn from other people's mistakes, some things, certain things I'll look at other people say, I ain't never doing that shit. You ain't got to worry about it. I can learn certain things from other people, but I always did my dirt by myself, and my mama just thought all these people had this influence over me. And I'm like, I'm the influence, I'm the problem. I'm the villain. But parents forget that they were young sometimes, so you put your child on a pedestal and you expect them to be better than you, hopefully right. You want them to be better than you, but they are also human, just human. They're gonna make mistakes, and you made all these mistakes. You forgot he was just doing this shit. Yes, you can't expect somebody what have the life experience to be able, you know, to make all the right decisions all the time. You will have to repeat yourself a lot.
Speaker 2: And then what you said, half the life experience even less than that, because I feel like the parents now are like very very sheltered of these kids, so they don't even get to experience nothing. I remember one time when my friends was like mad at her baby for not washing the clothes right, but never really gave her the instructions on how to do it.
Speaker 1: See, and I think I think being alive long enough when no children, we get to see like how things that you know from our childhood, what we would do with our kids, and then we also get to see other people parents, so that type of shit like clean your room.
Speaker 3: You never showed her how to do it, You just did it for her forever and then one day do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not how. It's not supposed to be like that.
Speaker 3: So that makes perfect sense what you're just saying.
Speaker 1: All right, she they's smart.
Speaker 3: I told you, where do you see yourself in ten years?
Speaker 6: Ten years, I'll be getting married and I'll be finishing up my degree and I have my own house.
Speaker 7: I'm probably not gonna have no baby, but in me and my husband, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Go all vacation.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 5: Whatever I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 1: That sounds good?
Speaker 3: Sound good?
Speaker 1: Life? Don't be like that though, Yeah they can.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I'm gonna make sure I get that. I deserve that, so I'm getting that cool.
Speaker 3: What about you now?
Speaker 4: Ten years from now, I see myself like move slowly moving from behind the chair like I probably wouldn't be fully but just about just like a toe left behind a chair, and I feel like I would be more stable than I am in my twenties. Definitely, I'm not gonna say that I'm gonna have everything put together because I feel like we look at thirty and we light dang, that's old to.
Speaker 6: Hell, but like you're gonna be thirty and that ten years y'all disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, man, I don't ring no belt.
Speaker 6: I feel like we look at thirty everbody like you feel met supposed to be put together.
Speaker 1: On damn auntie, I ain't your auntie.
Speaker 3: I feel just.
Speaker 4: Starting to figure that's what about to say. Like, I feel like I'm gonna be like slowly like figuring out what is right, like what it's gonna work for me and what's not working for me. And I feel like I'm in my mature era where I'm grown sexy. I'm thriving.
Speaker 1: Girl. You don't even get sexy til thirty. Okay, okay, okay, I thought you meant like right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just see myself like, you know, stable home, stable income, visiting countries, you know, just thriving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how do y'all think the music now plays on relationships? Like what do y'all think about relationships?
Speaker 4: Like like literal like intimate really.
Speaker 1: Like yes, yes, or even just meeting people, you meeting guys, getting to know people, Like what do you How do y'all think the music plays a role in y'all dating life? Or does it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't feel like it does. But what I will say is like we do not have that music that y'all have back and the day. We do not have that R and B y'all don't. We don't have that. We don't have that money you want. We don't have that jacked edge. We don't have that. So like we hear in songs all day about like niggas and like having a bunch of females and like living like quote unquote rock star lifestyle, and like no one's like really committing to relationships. No one's like putting themselves to that standard. So I guess like men are taking that and like running with it because I've like the females they be wanting a relationship like it be the man who don't. And that's the problem right there.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like the music is too violent?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I see, I see you girl.
Speaker 6: I gets down with I gets down with that type of music.
Speaker 4: Sunday on the way here. Maybe I'm listening to it, but listen, it's not affecting me.
Speaker 3: So I feel like the men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I separate as a girl, I separated, Okay, Okay, I'm just gonna say me. I feel like I don't allow music or like social media like really have that influence on me. But I know that there are people out here, younger adults, like my peers, that will like, girl, is this girl on Instagram right now posting with her gun every day? And it is just like, why are you doing that? Be a lady. But I definitely feel like the music has like molded that in them, like shooting my bang bang or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do you agree just a little bit.
Speaker 6: I mean, I do think that the music don't got a little more violent over the years, especially with this gang culture y'all, Oh my god, and the people they so hard drugs, they think that they could kill anybody, do anything that anybody just be so mean. It's really a lot of anger in this music and they're putting out and I believe that it'd be like spirits in it, Like I believe in that.
Speaker 5: So I think what you're listening to.
Speaker 6: Is definitely like you need to be mindful of that because it's definitely a lot of chance going on in the background that you don't even know.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, mahogumy see, it's the subliminals.
Speaker 6: Like nobody's really talking about that, and we just feeding into these young children. Like it's getting really scary nowadays.
Speaker 3: Like I agree, I agree, y'all hear that you.
Speaker 5: Do not play that soon. She heard curseword in the song.
Speaker 6: Turn it off, turn it off, turn it off, like because the growing up now they don't even be caring, because that's why you could control yourself now, like but back then, it's like they begin mom worked, brainwashed, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 5: Like you gotta check on these kids, y'all.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. Do you feel like the music is too sexual?
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like y'all generation be trying to make it seem like y'all didn't have Trina, which she was popping it. So I don't feel like it's any different. I just feel like right now, it's more it's a lot of Yeah, it's more.
Speaker 1: We had a couple. We had a couple. Y'all have a lot of them right now.
Speaker 4: It's very very y'all had a lot of.
Speaker 3: Everything. It has just the same type of.
Speaker 6: Basically extremely sexual because sex sells, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: Sees a lot of.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody ain't buying that shit either. Everybody ain't making money off sex either. They just doing the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes it be like, you know, like cringe, like were clutching our pearls a little bit. But some of it, like y'all can't lie.
Speaker 6: Sexy Red is very catchy, like she she's.
Speaker 4: Doing her thing right now. But I do feel like it's definitely a little too much right now. It's it's it's a young girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like okay, like if you're twenty and above and you're listening to Sexy Red and you can, you know, distinguish art from reality, you know, but if you in the car with your four year old and she is like this is her you know where she's absorbing the most information and she's listening to Sexy Read, you know, this is what this is what she's learning how the world is.
Speaker 3: And so that's how it starts. And then like by the time she's twenty, what will the music be? You know, what will the music be? What will society be?
Speaker 1: If you know it's gonna be. It ain't even gonna be fuck my baby, Dad, It's gonna be fuck my baby. People already be rapping about playing bees and abortion like that shit is like cool.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's very scary. So I wanna do you have any more relationship questions?
Speaker 1: Because I shift, go ahead and shift it.
Speaker 5: So let's talk a.
Speaker 2: Little bit about politics because this is both of your first time voting.
Speaker 3: This next election. Correct, Yeah, so that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Are y'all registered?
Speaker 3: Are you registered? You're registered? How do y'all feel about this next election? Do y'all care? Do y'all feel like you're affected by it?
Speaker 6: Like I do care, and I feel like we affect it, especially as black women.
Speaker 7: And I'm going to be voting for Kamala this year, but it's only just.
Speaker 6: To avoid going into Agenda forty seven and Project twenty five. But I mean, I think that they both puppets and the government. I think that we need to be voting like year round. So like y'all need to be focusing on them mayors, them governors, them centers for y'all states, cause that's what we be making the laws, Like that's who passing on bills and stuff.
Speaker 5: So that's what we need to be focusing on.
Speaker 3: So your low collection. Okay, yeah, okay, I'm gonna hung me.
Speaker 1: What do you think it's smart?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I definitely. I'm definitely gonna vote this year.
Speaker 3: Is it important to you though?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is important. I feel like I feel like our generation kind of like I feel like that's where the disconnect is with the generations. Like I feel like y'all are more aware. I mean, of course, but y'all are more like aware, y'all know more about politics. I feel like the younger generation they don't really like feel like they get it. I feel like we understand voting, and like I feel like our generation isn't making it a priority. Like they don't feel like if they don't vote, then like what would that do? Just like one person I vote in but like.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people in our generation feel the same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like it's like many people that have the same thought process, so like it's not one person I vote and it's all of all that's not voting, so like yeah, and then when the person that they wanted to get an office that they didn't vote for doesn't get an office, they like on Instagram or on social media looking at the world crazy and it's like you didn't like you have a choice, Like you have the right to vote, and if you didn't vote, then like you can't be mad that the outcome wasn't what you wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't gonna hold y'all.
Speaker 2: When I was eighteen, I wasn't very politically inclined. I didn't really care as much about politics. And I remember, y'all, I swear to god, I was it was election day and I was in the bed.
Speaker 3: Now I was home.
Speaker 2: I was home, and I was in the bed and I got hit in the back with a cane by my grandma.
Speaker 3: Get your ass up and go to the pole.
Speaker 5: She made me go to the pole and vote.
Speaker 2: And she really hit me like that, and that is what started my Like, damn, she carried as much. Let me get up and go participate in this process. Yeah, and that's how I got. I got beat to the pole.
Speaker 3: So I'm.
Speaker 1: To go to the poe, but get up and go vote. Did she have a conversation with you about the people who are running and that's who you're voting for? Did you know at eighteen.
Speaker 2: As I walked to the cause, it was the elementary school right up the street. I didn't even have to go that far to vote. She rode behind me with her fuck hover around, talking to me about why it was important for me to vote and who the candidates were, and I need to get my lazy black asses to do something with myself. So that was the conversation that happened with my grandmother, who's right here on my neck.
Speaker 3: I've missed her so.
Speaker 2: Much because she cared that much, and I think it's important for us to, you know, instill that in the younger people now. And I think like when Kamala had what was a Kamala I always say Kamala, Kamala Harris had Meg thee Stallion come on stage. Everybody said it was cringe, but that was in an effort to pull in the younger voters so they could start listening to the politics and not just be concerned just with Meg thee Stallion and sexy Red. Did y'all feel like that was a cringe moment for her to have a sexy Red?
Speaker 6: I think it was obvious. I think it was an obvious move. I think that anybody could see that from like a mile that you were trying to pull in a younger generation. Ain't nobody, No, ain't nobody over fifty listening to No Sex Red.
Speaker 2: But they already voting, you know, so the over fifty, they don't have to pull them in because they're already Yeah. Yeah, so yeah, because Trump Trump people gonna vote like like, I don't know, but do you feel like Trump's younger can't like the younger people who know?
Speaker 5: Yes, them too.
Speaker 6: It's like a whole family like like no, like the sister, the brothers, daddy's and mamas, y'all gotta get out there, like m hm, Trump is coming.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 3: Trump is coming.
Speaker 5: In the Washington in the in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: They went very January six.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, that is bad. You've never seen nobody Biden doing that.
Speaker 2: No, nobody has scaled the wall for Obama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm getting my thoughts to myself. But yeah, just do you make sure you know about everybody exactly before you make a decision or anything. Because we talk back does not endorse any political parties, okay, in particular, any people in particular. Okay, fyi, because everybody has different perception, which we talk about a lot. Okay, people perceive things differently. We can I could see one thing, you could see something else, and we can both interpret it two different ways. And that's really what we're dealing with a lot of things, which you know, religion and politics. It starts arguments a lot. So yeah, just be informed when you go do that vote, because I can remember the very first time I voted eighteen in college, Benedictte College. They told us to go vote Democrat. They told us who to vote for, right when nobody was informed for real, this is our first time voting. I remember one student and she might have been a senior at the time, and she was kind of like a like a little chunky girl, pretty girl, stuck up though, like she acts like a white girl, people would say. But I remember her standing up and this is the age, okay, standing up in the gym, and she was like, y'all don't have to vote for this person. Y'all can vote for that person, you know, telling the students you don't have to vote straight Democrat, you don't have to vote for this one particular person, just because the majority of the people at the school are telling you to do that same thing. I'm telling y'all, so be informed about everybody, So to go to the polls and vote straight Democratic never made sense to me, right, because these other there's gonna be other things on the ballot to also vote for, So you needn't know who's running for each of those things and what matters to you. So you vote based on policies, right, based on what you want for your future and who's the best person to give it to you. What do y'all think about the current state of America? Because y'all are young, Like I said, we grew up and we saw everything. We saw the world change, and to me, it's progressively gotten worse in the last couple of years in our lifetime. What do y'all think.
Speaker 4: The economy is in a downward spiral? Yeah, a fast time in real pace, in reural life.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 4: It's going to ship.
Speaker 3: Because why a pack of cheese six dollars?
Speaker 4: Girl, I went to the story yesterday and I got a juice and a chip. It was six dollars, Like that should have been three dollars back in the day. That's one fifty and fifty back.
Speaker 1: In your day. Y'all already got it back in the day. Imagine that seating up so fast, y'all got it back in the day when we were.
Speaker 3: When I was your age, bag of you could get a bag of.
Speaker 4: Chips, I know. And when I was running up there was fifty y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all they had a dollar twenty five.
Speaker 2: All right, let me ask you this, speaking of your back in the day, if if you could have given your ten year old self advice about life right now, what would you say to her? What would you say to your ten year old self?
Speaker 4: Listen to yallama, Please.
Speaker 5: Listen to your mama.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, my mama don't got me out of so much stuff, like I should.
Speaker 5: Just listen to her like I should.
Speaker 1: So she does understand, So parents do understand. But she don't know everything because y'all don't tell everything.
Speaker 3: Because y'all don't share enough.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We were trying to help y'all through the dumb bitch stages of life. This is gonna take us back to relationships, so you can bypass that stage, so you can make the best choices. Because what I want to tell you is make sure you keep all your grets to minimum. That's the best device. And maybe try to get a business loan instead of a student loan or some ship like that. So yeah, keep your regrets to a minimum, and mamas are going to help you because we already did the thing. Okay, it's nothing that I'm telling you not to do that I haven't done and already.
Speaker 3: And that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 2: Your mama always say everything you're thinking about doing, I already done that.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing new under the sun.
Speaker 3: But there are new things there are. There are new things that mama.
Speaker 1: Y'all gay the kids already.
Speaker 6: I'm very yay o God.
Speaker 2: Y'all, I want you to plug yourselves, plug your social media, plug anything.
Speaker 1: No, we need dumb bitch stories. They're old enough, they got one. Listen. I stopped telling my niece giving her advice at a certain age because at that point I realized she had her own dumb bitch stories. So I don't need to tell you about my shit no more, because you already made some mistakes to learn from.
Speaker 2: So give me one, all right, So let me tell them what the dumbit story is so they can't understand they've never I don't think y'all listen to the show like that. So can you share a time where one of your boyfriends might have played you or done something that made you feel unhappy or just feel stupid.
Speaker 3: You got a story, everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm so scared to sell this story, y'all.
Speaker 6: It's not my worst story.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 7: I was talking to this dude and I got his initial on my nail.
Speaker 6: That was really a big step for me, okay, because I don't I don't do stuff like that ever in my life. So I did that, and he wouldn't even believe me, like he was not believing me, Like he barely was texting me back.
Speaker 5: Like y'all, it was just I mean, and you.
Speaker 3: Had to wait to get the nails done again. Yeah, like it was.
Speaker 5: It was really bad.
Speaker 6: Like I didn't even show like when I was taking pictures and stuff, I wouldn't show that nail.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't even know why he got it.
Speaker 1: I was so was it somebody were dating? No, So you think once you got the nail and then he kind of got kind offy, like maybe that you realize he ain't like you for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Most Oh, yeah, I knew he didn't like me because while you're not texting me back.
Speaker 3: Right after I got on my like you should be excited.
Speaker 5: He's telling me that you don't believe me.
Speaker 6: I'm one, Like, okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: This, don't tattoo nigga face on your face. What's that with that generation tattooing a dude's face on your face.
Speaker 3: Tattoo on your faces?
Speaker 4: It is keep your face normal right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do that. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we're all in alignment that we're not taking any tattoos on our face.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. I'm so embarrassed because Hoggies was nothing. I don't even want to tell, y'alla, but it's the same space I'm gonna tell y'all. Okay. So I was talking to this boy, y'all. And okay, so he had an ex girlfriend and she had a kid, m and he would like lay faw the road to the key, y'all. But it wasn't his kid. Yeah, it was weird, but like I wouldn't like I didn't, I wasn't against Like, I can't tell you nothing because like you were already trying to be this kid father. Like what I'm gonna tell you, that's not your kid, nigga. Now you gotta stop seeing this kid. Like I just left along. So I pulled up. It was my graduation day, y'all, I would ever forget it. I just graduated, literally, I just graduated, and I went over there and I had my little brother in the car, and I had my friend, my homeboy in the car, y'all. And as soon as we put up, girl, some girl comes to the choir and she was like, you here to pick up such and such?
Speaker 1: What's y'all think? Happy? Y'all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said no.
Speaker 4: I said yes, because like, yes, that's.
Speaker 3: What I am.
Speaker 4: I am girl.
Speaker 1: She put your hand through the window.
Speaker 6: Oh girl, that girl fought mell.
Speaker 3: Just one question.
Speaker 1: She didn't want no clarity or nothing. That bitch is like on site, who you com here for? Girl?
Speaker 6: It was crazy because like I don't even know you. Yeah, so let me paint the picture because I was probably like, so you ain't know that was the ex girlfriend, no idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny, y'all. It's not. It's really funny. It wasn't funny at the time, but it was. It's funny now, y'all. Yes, that's the fake baby mama, y'all, So mind you it's no females in the car not then. So my little brother, he's in a passenger seat at the time, I'm eighteen. So my little brother he's sixteen. And when I was seventeen because my birthday didn't come out, I was seventeen, my brother fifteen. So then my friend is in the backseat, y'all, literally head out the window, seat belt on, car still on. My brother is on the phone. My mom like some girl trying to fight, no right, And in my head, I'm like, is she trying to fight not right? Or is she fighting not?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: Just stress?
Speaker 5: Somebody come quick?
Speaker 3: So lied in the car now stressed.
Speaker 4: I was stressed, very stressed.
Speaker 3: Seatbelt yes, no seatbelt off?
Speaker 6: Like this was supposed to be a pick up like like this was so I was so bum rushed, y'all, y'all, she could have told the world anything. I whooped that whole girl, Yes she did. I was not ready.
Speaker 1: But listen, you ain't a dumb bitch yet, no I was. Did you keep talking to the guy?
Speaker 4: I was the dummy, y'all? I kept talking to.
Speaker 1: Her later when she was gone.
Speaker 5: Why do you mess with her? That's what he gonna do. Non mess with the winner and the loser girl.
Speaker 4: He messed with the winner and the loser. Boom, because y'all, So what did he say, so okay. So at this point my mom then pulled up my homegirls and pulled up we like we have to whoop her, like we have to.
Speaker 3: So she was.
Speaker 4: Acting so scaredy she wouldn't come off the course anyways. So he was like blowing up my phone, like blowing me up, because she ended up saying like, well we can go here and we can fight, because I don't want to fight you at his house. So I had left, she had left, everybody left, and he was blowing me up, blowing me up like.
Speaker 7: She was here to talk to my mom.
Speaker 4: I was about to was like blowing me up, child, and I was so mad, Like I was so mad. I was not yees. So he has no kids, no no, that's what she said, no kids biologically, And I was just like give me her address. I don't want to hear anything else. Give me her address. And I remember like I wouldn't. I didn't talk to him for a few days, and my mom was like, girl, you so sad, Like just go talk to him, like go go hear him out, like go go see and like hear the full story and then like make a decision or whatever. And girl, I had went up, girl, And I didn't even go over there, but I had called him. We talked, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: Why I really believed she was there to see his mom.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know why I believe that, y'all.
Speaker 1: I can so convincing, like like I went to the therapist. It was bad.
Speaker 4: And then a couple of weeks, like a couple of weeks later, like fast forward to my birthday, Like he was weird me on my birthday, y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a rap. You're playing with any woman's birthday, young or old. It's a rap.
Speaker 4: Are you crazy? Like what are you trying to do? Like ruin my life right now? And grew up eventually. Okay, wait, so let's let's start with that had all started. She had knew about me and everything because he posted me. I didn't post this man nothing, y'all. It was not me. You mad at me, and he posted me. So fast forward this man exactly. So fast forward to like a couple of weeks after this man had told me, like, girl, you're tripping. This is not a relationship, y'all. It could have been first work, it could have been Yes, that's my dumb, that's my dumb. History.
Speaker 3: That was a good one.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we can all laugh about it now because.
Speaker 4: Literally my mom just said, my mom is so messy. I love my mom, y'all.
Speaker 6: When I was younger, you know, hellod on, mom, she just sent me some messy stuff about them, And I was like, girl, I cannot wait to me and my friends jump her. I will never be over it. You still here, I will never be over it, yeah, Cause like so you never fought her again, no.
Speaker 4: Like I. And that was like like I literally did not know the girl. Like when I tell the story, it's like, dang, you ain't know what I was a girl. Hell no, Like I don't know her, Like she's older than me. She's like twenty one. I was seventeen.
Speaker 6: So it's like she a different, Like she's a different type of girl, like that we were not piers, Like we would never be in the same place.
Speaker 4: I never seen you before in my life, Like I don't know you. So yeah, like I didn't know her. And it's just like, girl, you like unprovoked, like you were very like I did nothing to you. I did not know who you were. I said nothing to you, said nothing about you, like you unprovokedly like snuck me in my car. Girl, Yes, me and my friends have to jump in.
Speaker 3: Well, don't fight her, move on.
Speaker 1: Because how your current man supposed to feel about you fighting over old nigga? I know it's the principle at this point, but girl, men don't see things that way.
Speaker 4: They don't already know. They don't.
Speaker 1: You're gonna walk around and get beat up again?
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, So don't go Yeah, she's twenty four years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't even give that.
Speaker 1: No, I had another baby, hurt and the guy so together they together.
Speaker 7: Oh, let them have that, Let them have that.
Speaker 2: You got your man, you love him? You were in Charlotte, because that's in Ohio. I'm assuming right they did. Yeah, I wouldn't be going out there with that. Stay bossing up and that's the best reviews.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, girl, make sure you should follow her so you can follow you back, so you can see.
Speaker 4: Right she's looking.
Speaker 3: She's all right.
Speaker 2: I have one more question before we get out of here, and I need a really creius answer from y'all, because all right, y'all, we in here sweating, it's hot as fucking here. I ain't gonna hold you why, y'all wear hoodies and a hundred I need a serious answer for that question. Why the fun do y'all have that ship on? I don't understand it any degrees?
Speaker 3: And y'all got on a hoodie.
Speaker 5: I don't do that. My little brothers do that.
Speaker 6: But I could tell you they stinking lazy.
Speaker 5: They don't want to do nothing else.
Speaker 6: They don't want to change their clothes, sofia to or.
Speaker 3: Bright ysphoria morphia, morphia.
Speaker 6: Yes, they be ascared about their body, so they be trying to pide it with on fat hoodies.
Speaker 3: Look at that damn that. I never thought about it. It might be like a comfort.
Speaker 4: Like a hug, right when you think of it that way?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't wear that either, but I do be putting on a little hoodie with some shorts in the summertime sometimes, but not one hundred degrees, whether you know, just a little eighty.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, plug your Instagram, plug your social media, all the things that you have now.
Speaker 3: Well, plug your hair business. Please do all the.
Speaker 4: Things, okay me First it's j Dot Jana j H E N E. And then my hair page is Jane on the sleigh.
Speaker 6: Hey, all right, Well, my Instagram is just mahogany m A h A g O n E.
Speaker 5: Y y'all can go follow me over hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you grown me, do not follow neither one of these ladies. I slap the shit out.
Speaker 3: Of you, period.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, have you enjoyed this episode? Y'all? Tune in every Thursday on a black effect podcast network, iHeartRadio app and wherever the fuck you get your podcast at. This is your co host, AJ Holiday. What's up?
Speaker 3: Tam Bank can get this official tam Bam on Instagram. Y'all follow me there. I love y'all. Remember speak now and.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Never hold your children back.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. We Talk Back podcast is a production of iHeartRadio. Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.