Speaker 1: Sabrina. Yes, I don't know how I feel about today.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you, because part of me wanted to leave this exactly as it was.
Speaker 1: I'll be telling you that. And I still have my recording.
Speaker 2: I still have my feed, so I don't know a few captures, but I still have my original recording well from two years ago.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course I did. I don't throw at it. I don't throw anything out, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Will I love that. Well, that's not true because you you go through the list of things that you're deleting off your computer.
Speaker 1: Oh, those off the computer. Sometimes I will, but not that.
Speaker 2: The only time I delete something is when it's then put into the world.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's like because then there's times where somebody call and be like, hey, do you have the feed from blahblah, we haven't released it yet, and I'll be like, yeah, I can read, so the second it's out then I'll delete it.
Speaker 1: But since this was never released, I never got rid of it. Okay, so I still have.
Speaker 2: It and we're going to get into it. But first of all, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart, the waves tsunamis and we had just started our podcast, I'm Will Forgot and I'm Brian.
Speaker 1: Yes, don't be chicken, it's time to own the spotlight.
Speaker 2: We are officially this time taking on the two thousand and nine mascot comedy because there's so many.
Speaker 1: Of them, Hatching Pete.
Speaker 2: Hatching Pete was initially released on April twenty four, two thousand and nine. And listen, Okay, we've admitted this before, but Hatching Pete Magical rewind I already have a very long history. We have dated, we have liked each other, we've held hands, we've kissed, but it.
Speaker 1: Never went any farther.
Speaker 2: You see, before we started pressing record on this podcast, before we ever published even one single episode, we decided we needed a test run. Sabrina and I literally had never met before. So we picked, and by we, we mean our producers pick a little d com called a Hatching Pete. And since the format has definitely changed, our chemistry has evolved. We don't like each other at all anymore. Since those early days, we thought there was a chance, but we hate each other. We had to watch this movie again purely for academic reasons so that we could give it the attention it deserves. But work have to ask the question, did you remember anything about this movie?
Speaker 3: Oh? My gosh, I remember. I was excited for parts that were coming up, and not always a good way, right, sometimes a laughing at it way. But I remember because we were trying to figure out how we were gonna put this podcast together. There were just things that were coming out, like coming out of our mouths our thoughts are things of did you see this? Does that make sense? Who is this lady in the stands? It was just Sackler. Just all of that was like, it was fun to watch because I remember having so much fun talking about this movie. And we didn't necessarily love the movie. We loved some things of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we loved it.
Speaker 3: Were Jason, We loved those certain things. But I was just I had actually a lot of fun, although I did kind of go, how long is this movie?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, now now we're looking at it differently. I agree, we are.
Speaker 3: We are looking at it so differently now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I didn't remember certain parts until it started, but I do remember specifically thinking, Okay, are all the dcom's going to be like this And it turns out.
Speaker 1: They weren't so Hatch and Peak premiere.
Speaker 2: To four point one million viewers, which at the time was considered a failure.
Speaker 1: Oh how TV has changed.
Speaker 2: This slide in ratings marked the third Disney movie in three years with less than five million viewers on premiere night, and the critical response wasn't much better. It currently sits at fifty nine percent Rotten Tomatoes, which is not good even for a d COM, and they expected more viewers, especially since it was the first DCOM to air in the UK before the United States. One big moment in the movie is the song let It Go and No, not that let It Go.
Speaker 1: The let It Go.
Speaker 2: Is performed by Tiffany Thornton and the great Mitchell Musso, recorded specifically for this movie. It became a number six hit on Disney Radio in the name of Synergy, and the Disney channel consistently aired the music video as promotion.
Speaker 1: Hey this song is what it is.
Speaker 2: But I was able to let it go because Elsa sings the real one and that song's awesome. The song appears in the big parade scene, which we'll get to later, but What did you think of the actual song itself.
Speaker 3: First of all, this was the time of the Channel you're talking two thousand and nine, where right, high school musical camp rock like you know Hannah Montana, the Cheetah Girls. It is so heavy driven, and they were really wanting to find their stars that could do both acting and singing. Mitchell is obviously so hilarious, but I really loved he was a cool kid when you were around him, the way he dressed his hair, everything, he was a cool kid. And it was always fun to see what they were doing and what where they were trying to get his musical world too. And I didn't mind this song. I felt like it was very right in the banks of what Disney was doing at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I this song to me seemed it seemed not like something he would have written or performed. It seemed like something Disney said, here you go, here's the song you're doing a little bit like even the pronunciation of the words was kind of like everyone out on the dance floor, like he's pronouncing everything perfectly.
Speaker 1: There wasn't any twang to it.
Speaker 2: It was like, now put your hands together for their chicken, Like there was.
Speaker 3: A yes that that that one, but the one where they're in the credits, that was his song as well. Do you remember where that one? I'll say that, and I guess that's the song I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: That's the same song. Aren't they the same versions? It's like a different version of the same song though, I think maybe. And it's still like everyone a dance floor, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But it felt like more of a rocker vibe, like the drums and like that, which was more of his natural alley of style. But yeah, the Parade.
Speaker 1: One was I think it's the same song.
Speaker 3: It's not redone. They had to have done like a remix. It's such a.
Speaker 1: Different vibe pretty much the same.
Speaker 3: Song, is it really?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I think so.
Speaker 3: But I think I just really love him so much. He can do no wrong. In my eye.
Speaker 1: I think he is great.
Speaker 2: I think this character is one of the worst pieces of ever on film, and I just wanted to constantly punch him in the face.
Speaker 3: Why did he do it so well?
Speaker 2: Because he's good, because he's a good actors. He took what he took what they gave him with arguably the worst quote unquote friend care during the history of Disney movies, and he made it funny because he's good at what he does.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I will say rewatching it this second time, right, hasn't been that long since we've watched it. The first time I remember getting to about halfway kind of when they're in the janitor room or something like that. That's when last time we really brought up this.
Speaker 1: Guy's a jerk.
Speaker 3: Oh he's awful, right, But in this time watching he's like a jerk right when we meet him.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, he's always an awful friend.
Speaker 3: Didn't build to him being more selfish and self centered like and just it was right from the start.
Speaker 1: This guy le terrible terrible friend friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, terrible terrible brother, terrible friend.
Speaker 2: Everything about him is just awful. He plays it well. It's because it's it's the character he's great, is great. And I will say right now, Brian Stapanic is a genius, an actual him.
Speaker 1: But he's so good in this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The last time we watched this, this was are like, oh my gosh, he is amazing.
Speaker 1: And then seeing what he does with yeah, well we'll get into it anyway.
Speaker 2: Patching Pete was shot in Utah, Yes, Midvale and Payson to be exact, and yes, it was produced by Salty Pictures, Inc. The company behind High School Musical and the other dcom shot in the state and during that big parade scene that I mentioned, you'll notice that production gave the whole town a fresh coat of paint and new signage for the shooting. Some of it is still seen today. And that chicken suit, probably the most iconic item in the film, was actually five different suits they'd switch out depending on the scene, and at least seven different people wore.
Speaker 1: The suit at different times in the movie. For example, there was a stunt chicken, a backflip.
Speaker 2: I can't even say back flip, chicken, go say that five times fast, a.
Speaker 1: Choreographer, and more.
Speaker 2: It was rarely the actual actor that was in there because you just couldn't hear them talk in the suit. But like us twice in three years now you can stream Hatching Pete on Disney Plus. It is available to view before or after you listen to our recap. Matter of fact, start the movie this is cool, and then the minute the chicken first appears on screen, press play on our podcast, and like Wizard of Oz in the Dark Side of the Moon, it syncs up.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: It doesn't in any way, shape or for him, So don't do that. But hey, it was worth a shot. Okay, now here's a loaded question, because we obviously knew about hatching Pete for this rewatch, But did you know about it before we first paired up and asked to try this little podcast we now call Magical rewind No, no, of course, Ever, I don't think the people in the movie new hatching Pete. No, no, this was an obscure one.
Speaker 3: No, but I remember when we interviewed Brian, he was like a fan of when he did this movie.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure they had fun shooting the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, they look like a great.
Speaker 2: Cast that's having a great time doing super weird in a chicken suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we'll get into that.
Speaker 2: But now let's steal the sheriff's car and run into the woods to get off Scott free.
Speaker 1: It's time for the synopsis.
Speaker 2: A shy high schooler agrees to wear a mascot chicken costume, only for the secret identity to spiral out of control and.
Speaker 1: Become wildly popular.
Speaker 2: Now he must decide whether to keep hiding or finally stand up for himself and take credit for who he really is Sabrina.
Speaker 1: What did you think of Hatch and Pete the second time you watched it?
Speaker 3: Now, I feel like it's like an unfair thing. I feel like it might as well have been one of our movie. I've got such a soft place in my heart.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: The things that were like kinda weird the first.
Speaker 1: Time were weird, super weird. They like, yeah, like I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't get over the the she shack that's that's connected to the house that's also connected to the car repair shop, but that's actually their house that I don't think we ever go into their actual house.
Speaker 1: We go into the bakery, but that's it bakery.
Speaker 2: We do we do we go in the kitchen because when when you first no, I think it's we go into the kitchen with Mitchell Musso, but we go into the regular kitchen when they're going to the game at the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yeah, I mean that is the one shot in the very beginning of the game. Like I couldn't get over how weird that was. And also like was that a set or was that someone's literal house that they used?
Speaker 2: Had they had to have put built it as a set, although the fact that she's.
Speaker 3: A baker in Utah.
Speaker 1: Those houses never comes up wild but they never could. They never bring it up that she's a baker. She doesn't do any I noticed that too.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice that the first time. I didn't. I mean they're like, it's like a full bakery, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a full garage. Well we'll get into all them.
Speaker 3: But yes, So the things like that were just so much more weird. And then I remember there was one scene and it's towards the middle end, we're getting closer to the end where you know, he's now run off and he's stolen the car and all that, and then they're on this random side of the road. That scene. I remember we talked about it, but that scene was so strange. I kept rewinding going, I think I missed something.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't that I miss may it makes sense, well, the whole the whole film mystery. Right, that's that's my ear thoughts, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, and I felt bad watching and getting like more annoyed, not annoyed, but just like weirded out.
Speaker 1: No, because you're watching it differently. Now that we've seen so many comes.
Speaker 3: Oh freaking many, I get over the way. I know, I know, yes, but again, no matter what, hands down, the cast phenomenal like phenomenal, phenomenal.
Speaker 1: That's they're great. They're great.
Speaker 2: Even even some of the kids on the basketball team that have two or three lines are great.
Speaker 1: There are They're all.
Speaker 2: The thing that that's odd, and we will get into this as we go on, is almost every single actor in.
Speaker 1: This movie is in a different movie.
Speaker 2: They're all playing it like they're in a different Brian Stepanic is in a different movie than Sir Jason Dolly, who's in a different movie than Mitchell Musso, who's in a different movie than.
Speaker 1: The teachers, who's in a different movie than the principal, who's in a different movie than the interest, who's in a different movie than her.
Speaker 3: Sister in her own movie.
Speaker 1: Everybody shooting films. Yes, I'm telling.
Speaker 3: You, her boyfriend cheated on her. Dude, something bad happened to that.
Speaker 1: Every single actor is in a different movie.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Hatching Pete was directed by Stuart Gillard, an Emmy nominee for The Sonny and Share Show. Gillard is a favorite here in Magical rewind. He first worked with Disney on nineteen eighty seven's Magical World entry. The Return of the Shaggy Dog, which makes me wonder was there just Shaggy.
Speaker 1: Dog must have been?
Speaker 2: But his lineup of d coms include The Scream Team, Full Court, Miracles, Twitches, Twitches to Girl Versus Monster, and the possible all time best Going to the Mat. He also directed the nineteen ninety three live action three Quell Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles three, which, if you're a fan, you're wondering which one that is? That is the one without Vanilla Ice. Long impressive resume on Stuart Gillard, even if it includes hatching Pete the movie stars again an undeniable dcom legend royalty. In our book, it's Sir Jason Dolly Well Well well knighted as Pete IVY, one of our good pals. Here on Magical Rewind, it would be hard to define the Disney Channel Original movie era without this guy.
Speaker 1: Jason appeared in Read It.
Speaker 2: And Weep, Minutemen and This Movie, but on the TV side you know him as both Newt and Corey in the House, which also appears to be the most popular video game ever, and PJ. Duncan on Good Luck Charlie Well documented here. He's also a Disney Channel Games legend all hail the Sir himself. He has been touched on both shoulders. He is officially a Knight of the Roundtable. And not to be outdone, We've got Mitchell Musso as Kleidus Kleidus.
Speaker 1: You know, we haven't nighted him because he doesn't want to come on our show.
Speaker 2: Mitchell is another Channel mainstay, most known as Oliver on Hannah Montana, which also spun into a dcom. He also starred in the Disney Channel original movie Life Is Rough, and like many actors of his day, Musso was also a pop star, releasing tons of songs where you know, while later starring in another Disney show, Pair of Kings. He also is the voice of Jeremy on Phineas and Ferb and We Love this Guy. A Dolly and Musso team up is kind of like this Channel Shaq and Kobe. If you ask, We'll let you do.
Speaker 3: That is such a good statement. I am sticking by it. I love it.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: Tiffany Thornton is Jamie Wynn. So Jamie is the one who who she You know he wanted to fall for her, Yes, and no that's not even that's not right. She's the one. She's the one who they dive out of the way and she gets hit and her nose starts to put She ends up being she wants to make out with Mitchell Musso.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: I hate that name. That is the wordist Kleidas. I can't. I cannot with that name. And I also could not pick up what their nickname for him was. Clue.
Speaker 1: Oh they kept.
Speaker 3: They never they call him cleatas like once or twice in the movie and the rest of the time they call him like Clue or.
Speaker 2: It was the night. It was the ninth thing on my list of watching this film. Yes, so, Tiffany Thornton is Jamie Wynn. Thornton appeared on Eight Simple Rules, The oc That's So Raven, Hannah Montana, and Wizards of Waverley Place, And like mus So, she was a singer. She did that Get on the Dance Floor a song with him. Jody Lauren was another Disney regular. She plays Angela. Before the movie, she showed up on Hannah Montana, Corey in the House, and the zach Efron movie seventeen Again. She has since been on the scripted show Make It or Break It, Hit the Floor, and The Mentalist and Her last acting credit is from twenty fifteen. Another actor worth pointing out is Haley Pulos, who played Courtney Ivy. She is in a ton of things, most notably five hundred episodes of General Hospital. That's again almost a year's worth of soap opera as Molly Lancing Davis because they all have three names. She was also in The Collector and a few of those movies where a dog save something like Christmas.
Speaker 1: Sean O'Brien is Leon Ivy.
Speaker 2: Most listeners will know him as mister O'Connell and The Princess Diaries, but he also acted alongside Sir Jason Dolly before in two episodes of Good Luck Charlie.
Speaker 1: And then you got Principal Fred Day.
Speaker 2: And that's Edward Herman, who could be argued to be in the Dabney the Coleman Reynolds Chair, but probably not. This guy should be recognizable to our listeners for many reasons. He's probably best known as Richard Gilmour on The Gilmore Girls, but he's appeared on so many TV shows from Mash to Saying Elsewhere to The Practice to Oz, and he's in movies like The Lost Boys, Nixon, and he played Herman Munster in the Munster's TV movie This Guy Did It All and finally roll out the red carpet for a friend of the show and co host of the Disney Channel Games, Brian Stapanic. Brian was a guest on Magical Rewinder. We highly sugges going back and listening of that one. He is so much fun. But he's best known for playing the lovable and eccentric our Win on the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody, later repeating the role in The Sweet Life on Deck and Yes, he was the man behind the legendary game of Simon Says between Sir Jason Dolly and Sir Jason Earles, for which we have dedicated well over two hours dissecting on this podcast. In addition to his Disney work, Brian also starred on Nickelodeon's Nicky Ricky, Dicky and Don and appeared in twenty two episodes of Young Sheldon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Not even a sweetheart like Brian can make a long movie bearable, So we don't want a long movie.
Speaker 1: We don't need a long movie. So how long's Hatching Pete? Ladies and Gentlemen? Hatching Pete is ninety minutes. We've done it. We've done it, folks. We have a winner. That's right.
Speaker 2: We hit the target, a rare feat nowadays. So no matter what, even though this movie at its core is still you know, Hatching Pete, it's a winner in my book thanks to the ideal runtime. I'd like to thank everyone in my parents for making this possible. My co host I can't remember her name, but thank you everybody for being here for when we've hit our ninety minute movie. Oh damn it will yes, and one of the thank yous for that, hang on, let me just google Sabrina real quick.
Speaker 1: So is gotcha? Oh she's the blonde. She's the blonde.
Speaker 2: And one of those thank yous should go to writer Paul W.
Speaker 1: Cooper.
Speaker 2: This TV vet started on shows like The Waltons and Little House in the Prairie, so he's been around for a while and found his way to Disney through some work on the ABC after school specials.
Speaker 1: I was in one of those.
Speaker 2: Hatching Pete was his sole entry into the lexicon and his second to last writing credit ever.
Speaker 1: And so cock a doodle do it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I've got to slap myself in the face after that. Let's get into the recap for hatching Pete again. We opened with a handful of kids sprinting to Brewster High School. Now remember or it's called Brewster High School, people, that's going to be important. Even though it looks like they're running away from a serial killer, they're not. They're just racing to the school's pack gymnasium where the mascot is removing his costume from a duffel bag that clearly says rooster, so they're obviously the Brewster Roosters. The students are clapping and stopping, ready to get hyped up. But what we can only assume based on basic literacy, it's supposed to be a rooster, especially because their sports team is called the Racing Roosters. So imagine all of our surprise when the mascot gets dressed up and we see a chicken. Now here's my question, Sabrina. Do you think someone got the wrong costume? Do you think someone didn't care and thought this was a rooster? Or do you think this is part of the joke that they're the Brewster Roosters, but for some reason it's a chicken.
Speaker 1: Do you think this was done on purpose?
Speaker 3: Oh? Boy, I think I feel like they lean in to the costume and call it a chicken, like they lean into that.
Speaker 2: Oh, they it's very much the chicken, yes, but they cock a doodle do, which is a rooster.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the question is, do you think.
Speaker 2: They did it as a joke because it's a brewster rooster and then a chicken comes out?
Speaker 1: Yes, I kind of agree, and I'm hoping I think those what it was.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is that, like it's a funny aspect that this family has been this rooster chicken for decades.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's not a rooster, well, but they've been this for it. But like it's like a joke, Like they're a joke, Like it's always been a joke.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like all right, So hopefully that was on purpose, I think so. I hope so too. The fully clothed furry mascot that very much looks like the classic San Diego chicken emerges into the school hallway and screams cocka doodle do, then falls flat on his face while on the ground. The marching band passes by, paying very little attention to the animal, until one member of the band calls him the worst chicken they've ever had. And here the mascot corrects him, reminding him he's a rooster, but again, he's not a rooster. And this feels like something that was added when Disney execs were like, hey, wait.
Speaker 1: What the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: Like just put in a voiceover that says I'm a rooster, but he's not.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we don't know. We just don't know. Now.
Speaker 2: In the gym, as the marching band enters, so does Pete Ivy. He apologizes to a teacher, Miss Banfield, for being late and wonders if she's seen Carnie Poole. Banfield wonders if he's a new student, but no, he's actually in her biology class.
Speaker 1: That's how forgettable this kid is.
Speaker 2: And again, right away, Sir Jason is likable, he's good.
Speaker 1: He's the every man. Horrible, just you love this guy?
Speaker 3: Right after that and I always worthy but like the door key, like, oh my gosh, he's just he's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love him. He's the best. And then the chicken arrives, bumping into walls.
Speaker 2: He's best friends with Pete Ivy, vouching for him and removing his big furry head to reveal another student Kletus, and they both have exactly the same haircut, which I find very distracting and weird.
Speaker 3: He is no, at the time, all the boys had this.
Speaker 2: With the it's curved over this way and then the puffy it's I mean, I guess, haut the beaver haircut. That's what beaver cuts short hair, didn't he Then they have long hair in the back.
Speaker 1: It looks like a bell. It looks like I know, a diving bell.
Speaker 3: It's it's it was.
Speaker 1: It was okay, awful, gotcha.
Speaker 2: We also find out he is also the aforementioned Carnepool's brother. He admits he knows that Pete is hoping to ask her out, and then he just starts sneezing uncontrollably. Now it must be practice, obviously for tonight's big game. As Kletis enters in costume, Pete scans the gym for Carney, who finally enters as part of the cheerleading team, who are in street clothes. So the kids are running to the gym, so okay. The marching band is fully dressed as the marching band, The chicken is fully dressed as the chicken, but the cheerleaders are.
Speaker 1: In civies.
Speaker 2: They're in they're in what citvy civilian clothes. They're just in clothes, they're not in their uniforms. I don't understand what's happening. It's like, why did some of them get.
Speaker 1: The message she just go into those military.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm still thinking we're because we're coming off a cadet Kelly for I'm trying to wipe that out of my mouth, trying to get that taste out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: So that's my question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense because if you're on a campus and everyone's there, you know your basketball team will probably be wearing the school's jerseys. But they're like they're practice jerseys.
Speaker 2: Right, But then all the beginning, we're running to the gym to see practice, right, Yeah, seems like another mistake. It seems like we're thirty seconds into this film and there's been nine major mistakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, yeah, wait no, wait, yes, they were running to the jack I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the chicken comes out and falls on his face, and then the full marching band comes out and like worst chicken ever. And then they march in and the cheerleaders are just dressed in regular clothes practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just like in practice clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't, okay, so chicken costume Kletus tries to flirt with one of the girls and is immediately dismissed. Just as a very nervous Pete finally gets to Carney and Justice, he's about to ask her out star basketball player and overall douche dill perfectly named runs up to insult him, which again I love how they insult him. But the team hasn't even scored a point all year. Yeah, it's great, and then hug Karney. She's apparently with this douche nozzle. Big strikeout for Pete, who walks away defeated. Nearby Chicken Cletus is also being let down basketball fans, and again why are their fans there? And the team isn't faring much better. They're terrible, falling all over each other during practice drills, and coach Mackie announces their goal to finally score more than seven points. I played basketball growing up on like the orange team. I was terrible and I averaged eleven points. Again, so it's like.
Speaker 1: What are you kidding me? Yeah, come on now.
Speaker 2: In the school hallway, Pete is confiding in Kleidis about his love for his sister, who's clearly dating Dill, the fact that the best friend never told him. Let's just keep a check mark running Tallly of how much you've a friend this guy because it gets bad. Cleta says he never mentioned it because he wanted his friend to grow and experience new things, but Clidas quickly admits that's a lie.
Speaker 1: It just slipped his mind. Then he sneezes.
Speaker 2: Now we're at a large suburban home that looks like any upper class family dwelling in the middle of a community, except for one thing. There's a retail bakery attached to it. That's right, a functioning restaurant was seating outside in a pink beyond sign Sabrina, What is going on?
Speaker 1: What's happening here?
Speaker 3: I couldn't get over it this time. I couldn't get over it. I could not the detail, the grandness of it too. It's not like, okay, so you know, some some people have like they'll call it like a like a she shack in the back of their house, right, and they'll they'll run businesses out of it. A lot of it. You know. Here in Orange County, it's like uh, the the woman's spray tans girls or they have like yeah, as long as you have all the proper permits. But or like they'll do like you know, like somebody it's a it's a mom that does like screen printing, and she does like a lot of like schools, you know, or teams, shirts, whatever, different things they call them, like she shacks. It's like their own little personal business, right this this and I don't it's not he can't do like a bakery out of it. This is just so grand. Yeah, it's like a yeah, like it looks like a diner almost the outside, like and it's just like and then it gets weirder because you look next to it and you see his dad who's like working out of a fully operating repair shop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so that's yeah, I was just gonna say, Pete.
Speaker 2: Pete pulls up to his house in a red VW bug and is greeted by his father working on a car in a traditional garage. So we now have a retail bakery and fully functioning garage for autowork house bakery garage, a traditional trio for all homes that.
Speaker 1: We're aware of.
Speaker 3: But I will say loved his car. Oh, yes, that car, that little red bug was.
Speaker 2: Just like they're popping and snapping as it's driving. It was great and perfect, perfect, loved it is that knows something is bothering Pete, so he follows him to the backyard trampoline, where he's jumping and completing some very impressive flips. Pete admits that he has girl trouble and he was beat to the punch by the basketball captain. His dad suggests that maybe he doesn't need to change for girl and she should like him for who he is. No, I'm kidding, that didn't happen. His dad suggest No, that's not what happened. His dad suggests doing something that gets him noticed. Maybe he can go back into gymnastics. And now we find out there's only forty five minutes before tip off. Again, the practice timing doesn't make sense. So they were at practice and he came home, but now the game is happening and they well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I would imagine they practice out some period like they're at the beginning of the school year or school day periods like zero in first period, so then they have the school the rest of the school day, go home. I'm like I'm trying to I'm trying to help him out.
Speaker 2: But all the rest of them were dressed for the game. The only people that just decided not to dress were like the cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: Like, I get I'm not going in.
Speaker 3: Well, they had nothing to cheer for.
Speaker 2: That's right, except maybe that's what it is like our team sucks.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing my sweats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I may or may not get off the bleacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows. I've been I dropped acid second period. I don't care what happens.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Pete says he's not going to the game and his parents, both Rooster boosters, are not happy. Pete complains the team hasn't won a game in forever. Just as Cletas Center is still sneezing, he assumes it's allergies. Once Pete's parents leave for the game, Cleitus asks for a favor. He needs Pete to be the chicken tonight. He says it's because he's dying, well, not like really dying, but dying from inside an allergic reaction to the new chicken Head. By the way, I apologize everybody listening for the amount of times I'm gonna have to say chickenhead tonight. He thinks he's going to sneeze to death, but he doesn't want to publicly quit because every generation of the family has been the mascot. And this is where the gas lighting and guilt and just you're not a good friend if you don't do this for me starts and again I just wanted to pause it, go back in time, walk on set and slap him in the face.
Speaker 1: Pete says there's no way he can be the chicken. He's very shy.
Speaker 2: But when Cletus claims the suit is a chick magnet and he'll put in a good word with his sister, Pete is all ears, which again he never does. Then Cleatus encourages him to walk around and flap the wings.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 2: Kleta says he's looking into an expensive, hypoallergenic chickenhead. Dan apologies, but for now he just needs a It just needs a solid It's not his thing at all, but Pete agrees because he is a good friend and a nice guy to do it and to keep the secret.
Speaker 3: Guy does not Nope, deserve.
Speaker 2: Self esteem, No self esteem, Pete. But Pete also needs to man up a little bit. Yes, but yeah, back in the gym the game is about to start. The school announcer admits the Roosters are zero and twenty, just as the players re enter the gym and start missing layups. We've got cheerleaders, we've got a full marching band, and the stands are full of enthusiastic fans, from an old lady to Pete's parents to cleat Us, his dad, a former Chicken mascot himself. Coach Mackie checks in his spirit, completely broken for being involved with such losers. And when the game starts, it takes no time at all to start proving they're the worst team in the state. Their opponents, the Armadillos, are hot out of the gate. And that's where right heck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just went right over that. What hey, hey, Armadillos. Where it's mascot.
Speaker 1: It's better than the rooster chicken.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like, oh my gosh, where are they getting these mascot names?
Speaker 1: I guess is they're a Texas team if they're the Armadillos.
Speaker 2: But the Armadillos are hot out of the gate. They are, and that's when the chicken arrives in the VW bug. Pete waddles into the gym stumbling everywhere, just as the Roosters go down thirty to zero. They haven't scored a single point in a basketball game, which I find odd. Pete is immediately nervous, disguised but feeling exposed.
Speaker 1: How is he gonna pull this off? And he makes his way to the sidelines.
Speaker 2: He's distracted by Carney cheerleading, and as a result, a fast breaking armadillo which armadillos are very slow, smashes right into him. They collide, and the chicken crashes to the ground. The entire gym laughs. The Refts don't even stop play. They clearly just want this massacre to end. The school Principal Fred Daley enters just as Pete finally gets back on his feet, and then he's hitting the back of the head with the ball, forcing him to violently flip on his back again. The gin loves it, but Principal Daily walks out ashamed. Pete shakes it off and notices something. The cheerleaders like his tactics. He's done something to get their attention, just like his dad suggested. As long as he has become a completely different human being, girls are gonna like him. And now he's hungry for more, he starts dancing around, falling to the ground, slithering near the cheer squad, and even sitting on the visitor's bench. The roosters are getting killed, but now everyone is watching the mascot and having the time of their lives. I mean, they're splitting a gut, near bursting with laughter. George Carlin never saw this type of reaction. Everyone thinks it's Kletus and his antics even get Coach McKay ejected. Now after the game, Pete returns the costume to Klidus, who promises he's gonna hook him up with his sister, which is definitely not gross at all. But even with all this complaining, it's clear Pete liked being the mascot more than he expected. The next day at school, the student body loves Kletus because they're under the impression he was the hilarious chicken, but coach McKay wants cletis expelled for his hooligan ways. Luckily, Principal Daily is more concerned about how bad the team is than the mascot. He says the chicken has more job security than the coach does. Later in the locker room, though Dil Dil and even if your name's Dylan or something, you know, no one calls you dil and some plays it's like, well, I'm half German, half pickle, and.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And some players from the question is would the dad or the mom be the pickle?
Speaker 3: Were Oh my gosh, I'm just asking Dylan.
Speaker 2: Some of the players from the basketball team want a little word with Kletis. They are not thrilled about his antics either. They begin to rough him up, but are stopped by coach McKay, who is now forced to protect the chicken even though he hates him, and more than anything, Kletas is now.
Speaker 1: Dying to know what happened to the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, I just have to keep pointing out Brian Stapanic because he's just so funny again in a completely different movie than everyonbody else, as is everybody in a completely different movie than every other person on the movie.
Speaker 1: But he's so funny that it's great.
Speaker 3: I literally cannot handle that. He's just one hundred percent like threatening a child.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's great. It's great. After saving him.
Speaker 3: Of his job, safety or anything, even though the principle literally just said your job's on the line, it's like, Okay, I've got a great idea. I'm gonna make sure the bullies don't get him, but I'm gonna tell him that I can't wait to let them get him.
Speaker 1: I'd love to let them tear you apart.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, it's so.
Speaker 1: It's it's great, isn't it too?
Speaker 3: I want to kill you so funny, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But it also makes Kletus wonder what the hell happened at the game, especially when he gets a round of applause and attention from hot girl Jamie Wynn, who he googled to find out was the blonde walking into his first class. Even the teacher, Miss Banfield, was impressed. But now she needs two volunteers to be on the parade float committee. When no one volunteers, she picks Pete. Then the cute new girl sitting next to him, Angela Morrissey, volunteers herself, and she is cute and they're great together.
Speaker 1: They look very, very cute to get so cute.
Speaker 2: Later in the day, Cletus is holding court during lunch, kids completely fawning over him as he does some chicken moves, and then at the nearby parade committee meeting, one kid has an idea for the float, how about a rocket ship? And everyone is just instantly and unexplainably offended, especials.
Speaker 3: They're looking at him like, he's like, why don't we do a float in the shape of a Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Is that you think it was?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that what they're going for?
Speaker 3: Noye right said right, It's like that's how they were looking at him, like like he said something that was like derogatory, and he's like, no, I'm just like really into space.
Speaker 1: It's also a rocket ship. It's not the worst idea ever.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, And then it's back No. No, his backup plan, he asked, is a space shuttle. Another student even gets up and leaves absolutely disgusted.
Speaker 3: He hates the space space killed my father a forever, suggesting that I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: But then Angela has an idea. How about they used the chicken who was hilarious last night. Everybody loves the concept, but that Doufe once again suggests putting the chicken on a rocket ship. And no, by the way, the rocket ship nor that student ever come up again.
Speaker 1: And it might be the best part of the movie.
Speaker 2: It's possible now After school, Pete catches up with Angela and compliments her idea. They decide to walk home together, and then the buzz kill of all buzzkills happens. She mentions her boyfriend back in Houston. And at first I was like, Oh, she just doesn't like him and she made.
Speaker 1: Up the boys.
Speaker 3: She's lying, Yes, the same thing. I thought, the same thing. And I don't know if I remember thinking that last time.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: This time I did for sure, like, oh she's lying, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you do you have a specific memory of ever just making up a boyfriend? So somebody stops hitting on your or going out with somebody and it's like somebody from like my boyfriend's in Canada.
Speaker 3: Uh well, not a specific one, I use.
Speaker 2: It had to have happened, right, Yeah, I used did you have a fake boyfriend name?
Speaker 3: No? Oh?
Speaker 1: I was dying well for.
Speaker 3: Uh no, I think I think I would just use my ex boyfriend's name.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, Okay, fair enough, because then it.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh, like if they had any if they had any questions, I was just.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, because then you could just yeah, see your they don't always keep a lie, simple and if it's somebody that's if your lie is ninety nine percent truth.
Speaker 1: Boom, that's how you get away with it. Yes, it's true.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yes, you mentioned her fake boyfriend. Back in Houston, he volunteers at a nursing home. Womp wom All this sounded really fake, all this while Clevelands continues incorrectly to be the toast of the town and straight up you know, macking it on Jamie.
Speaker 1: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, He's like taking advantage of his friend and keeping and making him feel bad about not doing things and then taking credit for it, and then trying to pimp out his sister at the same time, but not actually even doing that. So then that night we're back at the House Bakery garage where Kleatas needs to know what Pete did at the game. Pete explained some of the moves and Kletas is loving that he now gets all the rewards from this.
Speaker 1: He needs Pete to teach him the routine.
Speaker 2: So to keep the facade going, Pete's going to be the chicken one more time at tomorrow's game, and Kalidas will be in the stands disguise to take notes, of course, and so the next night. At the game, Cleatas's big disguise is just a green wig and yellow and green face paint to match the rooster's colors. Meanwhile, coach McKay has found a whole new lease on life.
Speaker 1: He's ready to turn their luck around. But instead of the team running through the large paper banner, it's the newly confident Chicken aka Pete mascot is quick to go to work with a full dance routine and insults for Dil. He's back on fire, and the audience is loving it. It's like they're attending a comedy show, not a sporting event. And the game starts with the same epic failure for the Roosters that we're used to, but even worse. Del Face dives into the stands and Principal Daily pushes the coach to turn this around. We get this is where we just get My favorite thing ever, this great improv from Brian'stapanic where he calls a timeout and only grunts and frustrations at the players, And if you go back and watch, most of the players have to turn their faces away from the camera because they're just laughing the whole time. It is hysterical. Go watch the scene again. Just watch the players.
Speaker 3: Zero chance I would have been able to keep my face.
Speaker 1: Did you see them all though?
Speaker 2: I mean they're all just laughing because he's so funny in this scene.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so good, and you know it, Like you said, all improv all improv, so every time he did it different, so they were just not able to lose it. I mean after take one, for sure, there's no way I would have gotten back. I would have gotten the giggles.
Speaker 2: He's he's so funny. I really want to work with this guy. Meanwhile, the cheerleaders, now with Angela Morrissey that's the brunette on the squad, are flirting with the chicken. Remember they think it's Kleidas, but Pete, with his new costume confidence, actually grabs Angela and runs her right out of the gym, and the audience loves this.
Speaker 1: Kidnapping.
Speaker 2: Have five more feet, they would have had to call the police during the routine dial actually scores and out in the hall, Angela is thrilled to have some one on one with mascot. They joke back and forth with the chicken handing her a flower. The crowd is chanting his name, so he needs to get back to work. Later that night, Pete drives to Kletas's house and they postgame the whole situation. Kleidas now knows why the school loves him. He even has a date with Jamie later. I hope he means later in the week, because how late is the date? Is it after the game?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 2: Who are Jamie's parents? And why does his sister also suck? Horrible family? Pete isn't as thrilled though he's not getting any credit and there's been no progress with Klidas's sister. Sols a plan Pete will become the mascot full time, which honestly is not a good plan. It's just taking advantage of your friend even more weird.
Speaker 1: It's awful, and it just keeps getting worse.
Speaker 3: Pete just says okay, like yes.
Speaker 2: Stand up dude, us admits the allergy free chicken head was also a lie. So he also just lies to his friend all the time. And he is the problem. He is the problem in this movie is is that he's fun The Mitchell is funny and delivering the lines, but the character is a.
Speaker 3: Character is just like the probably the worst friend character. Even after all of these other movies we've seen since this first one. Yes, still remains the worst friend yep ever.
Speaker 1: Ever, he's awful.
Speaker 3: All of the characters, all of the awful characters we've met, he's the worst.
Speaker 1: He's the worst, one hundred percent. I couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 3: But Mitchell doesn't be brilliantly he's great.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh god, he the actor is playing it wonderfully.
Speaker 3: Take it over it. It's like even as much as him, it's like, you're just going. Mitchell's just like killing.
Speaker 1: He's hysterical. He's actually hysterical.
Speaker 2: Pete isn't sold though. If people find out he's the chicken, they'll be disappointed that he's such a boring person in real life. But Kletis calls it a win win.
Speaker 1: His family tradition lives on, and he gets to scam with Jamie. Well.
Speaker 2: Pete gets that fun as the chicken, and even though this is wildly uneven and nowhere near a win win, Pete of course goes with it, and back at school, coach McKay is again begging the principal to ban the chicken, but since the Roosters have been outscored this season by six hundred points, he has no leg to stand on, and it's time for now another committee meeting, but now they're actually building the float. Pete and Angela worked together, and she announces her boyfriend made captain of the debate team, admitting he likes to argue.
Speaker 1: Fake boyfriend, Fake boyfriend.
Speaker 2: She's actually just using Sabrina's axe, and she quickly changes it's true. She's like, oh my god, whod It's Sabrina day and she quickly changes the son object to Kletus. She wants to know more about him, calling him interesting and complex. He's ordinary by day and bold, daring and funny as the chicken. But she knows he's dating someone and she has her boyfriend, so she ignores her feelings. So she's attracted to him because he's the chicken. He's apparently complex because he's quiet during the day, which he isn't, and he's bold and daring as the chicken. Okay, I get the chicken part. So she's just another hopping on the bandwagon him. Now this is the most popular chicken.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah, everyone's just like completely intrigued by this chicken.
Speaker 2: Now on the team bus for an away game, Pete takes a seat in full chicken gear or we think it's Pete and it drives away.
Speaker 1: Maybe two dozen students run after it, screaming chicken. Totally normal.
Speaker 2: Now in the back of the bus, seated next to Jamie, he avoids talking to her because it would expose his voice, and when she becomes upset, dyl shockingly has a theory.
Speaker 1: Kletus isn't in the costume. Wow, he knows something. I'll see. He got that from his pickle side, not the German side.
Speaker 2: Jamie laughs it off, but the star player has a point. He says, Kleidas has never been funny. How did he just get funny overnight? And that's one thing Kleidis is is funny. So to make sure, he rips off the chicken head and lo and behold, it's Kletus. How lucky did you remember this part? Did you think it was gonna be Pete?
Speaker 3: I did? I totally Oh god, I didn't remember that. And then it's Pete. I'm like, all right, that it's Kleidus. I was like, oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 1: Forgot it too, me too. Yep.
Speaker 2: Now in their way to the visitors, Jim the Chicken excuses himself and then right in front of a janitor mopping up while wearing headphones and singing R and B.
Speaker 1: Cletas is pulled into a.
Speaker 2: Supply closet and so now disguise, Cletus is in the stands and the Chicken returns just as the game starts. The stands are jam packed, thanks solely to the fury around the mascot. Apparently they just everyone's there for the mascot, even at away games. But maybe this chicken fever is exactly what the team needs, because right off the jump, all the Roosters, led by Dill, have been able to score.
Speaker 1: Hey, sure, the.
Speaker 2: Other team is literally dunking every drive down the court and they're down by fifty, but the Chicken is transcendent and the Roosters have scored twenty total, more than they've had all last season.
Speaker 1: Okay, great twenty points. And at the end I know.
Speaker 2: And at the end of the game, one of the visiting players has a breakaway and he gets ready to dunk. Pete sees through the chicken eyes that Angela Morrissey is right in the line of fire. He jumps in front of her like a secret Service chicken protecting the president, and instead of hitting Angela.
Speaker 1: The player spears cheerleader Jamie.
Speaker 2: She with the blonde, leaving her with a bloody nose and a bad attitude.
Speaker 1: Kleidas knows he's going to pay for this.
Speaker 2: Later, the two boys switch clothes again in the closet and Kletas thinks he should have saved Jamie, not Angela, but Pete admits to his best friend he likes Angela and reveals she seems to like the chicken. Kletas is immediately nervous he's going to spill the beans to his crush, so he continues to manipulate and guilt trip his best friend, and when Kleidas eventually leaves the closet, now out of this guy's he's met by a horned up Angela, Yes, the girl who his best friend just said I like. They have an awkward conversation and she thanks him for saving her from the stampede. She continues to flirt with him, but all Kletus cares about is Pete keeping the secret. How this guy's anybody's friend and understand Pete any self esteem or something.
Speaker 1: But then this.
Speaker 2: Leans in to try to kiss the girl his best friend just said, I have a crush.
Speaker 3: On I honestly don't even.
Speaker 1: I was yelling at the screen and we.
Speaker 3: Didn't like this last time, this part I remembered as it was coming up. I was already rolling my eyes like this, damn yes, and would have had Pete not interrupted him.
Speaker 1: By physically pulling him away, well.
Speaker 3: Like yes, like hello, would have absolutely gone for the kiss.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's lying to his best friend, gaslighting him, guilt tripping him, and now trying to go take his lady. It's like it is the worst character in the history of the dcom.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could not have written a worse guy than this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some of the villains in our dcoms aren't.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh my god, I'll take all the Descendants and the Werewolves and everybody else over.
Speaker 1: This any day.
Speaker 3: Rotten to the core.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's Claytus, absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: And so character.
Speaker 1: He should have been.
Speaker 2: He should because because it's just he's so awful. And so the next day, after school, the Flow Committee's back at work. Cleatus is talking to Pete about how amazing his life is. His dad even loves him more than usual, but the whole situation is getting to him. So now they're trying to show that he's a little They took it to as far of a crescendo as possible, and they're trying to bring him back a little, and I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: He's a fraud. He says.
Speaker 2: His dad only loves the chicken, but Pete is the chicken. Pete talks him off the ledge like a good friend, and Kleta suggests they finally just call it quits and switch back for good. But Pete isn't sold, and you know, reality just he wants to stay the chicken. So thanks to Kleta's manipulative ways and reverse psychology, he's now made it so Pete somehow just wants to stay the chicken. Then Pete realizes Angela isn't at the meeting, so he drives off to find her pouting nearby.
Speaker 1: Her Houston boyfriend m Sabrina's Axe.
Speaker 2: Broke up with her by text message, citing that eighty six percent of long distance relationships break up, which Pete casually mentions sounds high. He convinces her to return to the float, especially because now there's a chance maybe he's.
Speaker 1: Got it, but she just tried to kiss us. Oh my god, it's poor Pete, Poor delusion.
Speaker 3: Well and yeah, and also it's just popping in my head. She almost cheated on her boyfriend anyway, right, how broken hearted are you?
Speaker 1: So we arrive at the day of the Rooster Day parade.
Speaker 2: These streets are aligned with people as the marching band plays, the sheriff is driven in a convertible, and the basketball.
Speaker 1: Team walks the route.
Speaker 2: We see Cletus in the crowd and he's wearing a cartoonish cowboy costume and clearly fake mustache. He looks like Pee wee Herman at the rodeo. And now it's time for the big final rooster float. It has a gigantic egg in the back of a flatbed and is flanked by students in the mascot costume. The float comes to a stop as the theme from two thousand and one plays and the egg hatches, emerging from the smoke. As Pete dresses the chicken backflipping onto the street and transitioning into the song let It Go Again, not that let It Go the one. He is accompanied by all the cheerleaders for a big song and dance number, and then coincidentally, Angela picks one person out of the crowd to pull them on the float. That person comically fake cowboy cleatus. He adapts to the position and dances along with the chicken, but his mustache falls off as a song comes to an end. The crowd quickly realizes it's Kletas and gasps who's in the chicken costume? Then even Kleitas's dad is panicked. But instead of revealing himself, Pete decides to make a run for it and jumps into the nearby sheriff's convertible, and now the entire crowd fields banboozled. They react by chasing the car, which speeds off and plows through the barrels of Hey Pete ditches the townspeople, navigating through two small eyeholes somehow, and the one bright spot is Angela is relieved to find out she doesn't have to bang the chicken, because she's gonna bang the chicken. It just she's happy it doesn't have to be Kletas. But now everyone has a lot of questions for Kletas, including the sheriff who takes him into custody.
Speaker 1: That's literally what she says.
Speaker 2: She's like, Oh, thank god, it's that's not him, because I'm in love with the chicken. Thank God, it's not that guy, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's nuts, But I feel like she saw how not great of a person Kleitus is. She really did, but she's.
Speaker 2: Still still falling for him. She's like, thank God, the guy I'm falling.
Speaker 3: And how he could be so great in this costume?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: How? And that's why she didn't want him to take year off, because the magic would end and she'd be stuck with the Kleatus.
Speaker 1: This is super weird.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the guy in Houston dodged not just a bullet but a nuclear missile with this girl.
Speaker 1: God at the also moving on real quick, aren't you there? Yes? See, uh really crazy.
Speaker 2: At the police station, the chief interrogates Kleatus, but he's not given up Pete, but once his dad arrives, of course, he quickly folds. He admits he's allergic to the costume and just didn't want to let his family down. His dad reveals he was also allergic to the fur, but he didn't have the guts to fly the coup. He's proud of his son. He wants him happy, not sneezing.
Speaker 1: Well, we're all.
Speaker 2: Happy for Kleidas, but Pete is still sprinting through the woods, avoiding people with pitchforks. Eventually, now back in the street clothes, he runs into Angela. She was concerned she didn't see him to parade and wants to know who he thinks the chicken is. She's worried that once she knows, the magic will be over. She wonders if the chicken will ever come back. Pete says he wouldn't know and continues to keep the secret with a sad look on his face.
Speaker 1: And this was the weird scene you're talking about, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: What street were they on?
Speaker 1: So many questions why does.
Speaker 3: She have a car now when that was like a whole part of her storyline which she walked home. And then remember the scene where she's like walking into her house. I remember saying talking about that last time. I was like, does she have a bad home life? Again, she's got her own movie that she's in, so it really gets to know.
Speaker 1: Much and really dark, really sad much.
Speaker 3: We didn't get much like backstory on what her movie's about.
Speaker 1: But like Angela's got a whole other thing going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then all of a sudden she shows up with the car, and so did he.
Speaker 1: Go back? Home to his garage bakery.
Speaker 3: Was part of my One of my sabrinases was like the timeframe of this seemed like it was like edited differently than what it was supposed to be, because he looks like he goes.
Speaker 1: Back home, ditches the costume.
Speaker 3: Gets rid of the costume and is walking, but then not far after he's like with Kletus, like there's like a whole weird Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why Also, if you're trying to avoid people, do not just go home, ditch the costume and stay home. Why are you now walking forlornly like Bruce Banner at the end of The Hulk, like where.
Speaker 3: Are you going? Yeah? Going, and you have a car, so why wouldn't you get back in your car? Oh his car? Oh maybe that's what he.
Speaker 2: Was doing, Maybe walking back to get his car, back to get his car.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's pretend that's what it is. Pretend that at least okay done.
Speaker 2: But the mystery of the chicken is huge news in town. Kletus has thrilled their front page of the newspaper, but Pete is annoyed. He stole a cops car and was chased by a mob. Cletas has kept his name away from the controversy and suggests letting the chicken die out and only telling the truth at their thirtieth reunion. But now we're at the next basketball game. The stands are again filled with Chicken fans, all wearing foam chicken hats that they apparently had manufactured overnight. Kleatis is speculating while police patrol the court ready for the chicken to arrive. Jamie is still dying to figure out who it is, but fellow cheerleader Angelus says she doesn't need to know, and, to the crowd chagrin, instead of the chicken bursting through the team paper banner, it's just dumb, dil Everyone is incredibly disappointed until at the last moment, at chicken arrives. But it's not the chicken we're used to. It's a Tamu chicken in a much cheaper costume. The authority was awful awful instantly tackle him. He's unmasked and it's the R and B singing janitor. He apologizes and announces he just needed some love and attention and now I want it. Tired d com about the janitor itself, but also they pull off the mask and then they look like they're cuffing him. What what crime did the janitor commit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did the what? What was the crime? Faking being a chicken? Yeah? I don't know what.
Speaker 2: And then as he walks away, the coach goes janitors like they're all the worst people.
Speaker 1: Ever, Like, are you kidding me? There? What keep most of the school going building.
Speaker 3: That is filled with yucky, nasty teenagers who do not care about getting anything in the trash spilling on the ground. They keep high schools actually nice? Yeah, they are the best.
Speaker 2: And again, this poor man is in jail for something that they haven't met. It's like they're literally coughing them basically, and it's like, what did he do? What crime did this guy commit?
Speaker 1: What did he do?
Speaker 3: He apologize for something like sorry, I just wanted attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's like, why can't this guy be the chicken? The other guy didn't show up? What it's so strange? I like they arrest him he was pretending to be a chicken, Like what so with the real chicken now where to be found. Fans start piling out of the gym. Even the principal tosses a chicken had away and as the sad scene unfolds. Pete joins Kletus in the audience with a bucket of popcorn, with no crowd and a completely silent cheerleader group. The roosters are again totally blown out, and even the cheerleaders like, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm not supporting these I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Wow, what the hell is going on with you?
Speaker 1: Terrible school?
Speaker 3: You have not mentioned the heckler that comes.
Speaker 1: I was going to let you do it. I was gonna let you do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we will. We'll go over her.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Later the next day at school, Principal Daily is having a word with coach McKay.
Speaker 1: It's obviously.
Speaker 2: It's obvious people only attend games to see the chicken, and his absence is becoming an economic issue, you know, because high schools are only able to stay afloat thanks to the ticket sales from their varsity basketball team. So now, for the sake of the town, they need a chicken to come back. He's spoken with the sheriff and they're willing to drop the charges if the mascot returns.
Speaker 1: By the way, the janitor was executed the night before. I know. It was very sad.
Speaker 2: So they need to tell the chicken he won't be arrested if he comes back. So here's what they decide to do. They gather all the students and announce since one of them is definitely the chicken, all criminal charges will be dropped and no one will attack or demask him at the game. Even Dill agrees they need him back. And with that, Pete IVY decides to reveal himself. It's finally time. But as he stands up, the bell rings and the entire student body rushes back to class, blocking anything Pete was about to expose.
Speaker 1: So they set up this.
Speaker 2: Class announcement gave them thirty seconds to.
Speaker 1: Tell people what to do. Ok, they didn't give anybody.
Speaker 2: A chance to stand about, and then the bell rings that everyone rushes back to class. This is what I was sitting here going like, I don't think yeah, I don't think they know what they're doing. I don't think they know how to make this movie. I think they're making it up as they go along. I was like, really, I know what. Hey, the bell rings, It's like, hey, wait, everybody stay in your seats. Does anybody want to stand up and say they're the chicken? Let's maybe give it another ten seconds. No, you set up an entire school assembly for a sixty second thing, and then the class starts again. Oh it's so weird, it's so weird. Yes, so anyway I remember.
Speaker 3: The first time?
Speaker 1: Yes, so hard because it's true.
Speaker 2: In the halls, Angela that investigates the yearbrook, who could it be? Her cheerleading pals loudly explain it can't be Pete Ivy because he's not cool enough or wild enough, and that's when Angela spots Pete and walks over to say hi.
Speaker 1: Angela doubles down. She doesn't know who it is.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's Keith Burke, And with that dumb idea, she ends up, probably to go see another fake.
Speaker 1: No, I have a boyfriend in Canada. And now it's another game night.
Speaker 2: The sheriff meets with Principal Daily to promise they won't arrest him if her returns, but fans already know they've been stood up again. Their hero is gone and the team is again creamed. So the next day, Principal Day has a new idea, the Rooster Signal. It's named that even though again the mascot is a chicken, I'll never get over that. The principal believes when they shine the light into the sky, the mascot will return like a superhero or something, And honestly, I think it's a pretty cool idea. They should, you know, incorporate something like this into a comic book. I'll even do the voice for it if it becomes a cartoon, and I think what we can call it the something Signal. We'll figure it out anyway. Pete notices a flyer for a high school radio event being held by the basketball announcer, Tommy Thompson. He has challenged the chicken to show his face for the school's TV channel, and it seems like a talk show might be the best way for Pete to address this, so we go to the broadcast. Tommy is sitting across from the costume chicken. Pete is talking with an electronically altered, high pitched voice to a pack studio audience. Explains that if he removes the mask, he's just an average guy, and as he tries to convince everyone to let him be, Tommy brings out Coach McKay and the coach the first thing he does is come out and shake Tommy's hand.
Speaker 1: It's like, I'm a really big fan, if we can get a picture after it.
Speaker 2: So funny like the kid, the kid in their school doing the local things like I'm just a really big fan, so if we can really great. He stole this whatever movie he was in, he stole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the coach knows the team can't win without the chicken and begs him to come to their last game. They shake on his return, promising safety and the paper banner to run through. So now the mascot reiterates he will be at the game, but he'll be in the stands just like every other student there. He will keep his identity a secret forever because the magic is in the mystery. And that's a turner phrase Angelia used earlier. So now she watches the show, she grins, she's gonna bag that chicken. Back at the house Bakery garage, Kletus tries to convince Pete to where the costume won last time for the game, but Pete doesn't ready. He may never want to reveal himself. What if people stop liking the chicken because it's just him. Kleta says, you can live your whole life in a shell, or you can hatch. Now, all of a sudden he's trying to be a good guy. Pete walks away, and as he does, Kletas reaches into a local drawer close to him and steals money and a wallet from the family. I mean, seriously, would you he doesn't do that, but I wouldn't deny it. I mean, come on, he's the worst.
Speaker 1: He's the worst.
Speaker 2: Pete walks away, willing to let people down and keep his anonymity safe. And now it's time for the final game. Coach McKay is trying to convince his team they can beat their undefeated opponents. Without the Chicken, they can't end the season winless, but deep down, everyone knows they need him. The players notice that every single seat is filled in the gym. The energy is electric. So when they lose the jump ball and give him a quick few baskets, Cletis really hopes Pete is coming. Del calls for a timeout and launches into frustrated instructions for his players, and that's when the lights go out. Principal Daily wheels out his two thousand dollars rooster signal, whispering to him.
Speaker 1: This is it, this is it.
Speaker 2: He shines it into the rafters and reveals the chicken hanging from the wires, screamingta doo, don't do it. Cheerleaders run out the paper banner as he flies down, crashing through it and then turning the fall into a flip. He's somehow not attached to the wires anymore. He dances, and now everyone is ready to win, which we know because the entire gym, including an opposing player, has broken into another song and dance number to let it go.
Speaker 1: One rooster's even doing the.
Speaker 2: Worms, so yes, it's the same song want, the only song in this entire town. The teams once again take the court and the Roosters dominate. Dyl steals the ball in dunks, a feat even he didn't know as possible. Also, I think I should put out that the marching band now has a set of drums and an electric guitar, like they're in Fallout Boy, and they're playing throughout the game, just jamming while the chicken performs his moves and trampoline dunks to keep the crowd loose. And as the game progresses, the Roosters have kept it within ten. They're in this thing, and now during a time out, the guitar continues to shred and the chicken faces the music, The crowd chance wanting to remove his head. They chant chicken, chicken, chicken, and Tommy Thompson applies the pressure. They need to know who it is, and so Pete comes to the realization it's time for him to hatch. He slowly starts to remove the head again when Angela runs out to the court and she says, let me give you a hand with that Pete. And they had to do that for the movie because she needed to let everyone know that she knew it was Pete before he took the chicken head off, because she wanted everyone to know that she actually loved Pete for Pete and not that he was a chicken. And yeah, they couldn't have done that before. Come on, So she supports his final move. The crowd gasps as he reveals his face. We hear a lot of confusion in someone yells who is that guy? People are clearly disappointed, but not Angela. She's smiling ear to ear, happy to see she was right. As the baffled crowd tries to figure it out, Kleta stands up to announce it's Pete Pete IVY. Then, in a part of the script, I can't even start to understand his parents actually recognize him too. The school quickly turns from confused to thrilled. They scream and applaud, and Angela explains that his answer about mysterious magic tipped her off. The crowd now chants Pete, pete, so he puts the head back on and returns to what he does best. The Roosters call their final timeout and Kletus runs over to the marching band. He now jumps behind the empty drum set and starts to play. The Roosters quickly steal an inbound and score an easy layup. The band roars back up. Cletus is now wailing on the drums like Hiss Dave Roll. The Roosters are down four with seventeen seconds left. They apply full court pressure and again steal the ball. Deal scores with another dunk, and the cheerleaders now in a pyramid with the chicken balancing in the middle. The team is down two with eight seconds left. When the visitors dribble it down the court, the clock continues to run out. With four seconds left, the same kid steals the ball, most likely setting an all time basketball record for most steals in ten seconds he passes it off to Dill at half court with one second left. Till lunges from deep three point territory and it's good. Roosters win and yes, you're correct, Pete had nothing to do with any of that.
Speaker 1: And they score. It's a final scene.
Speaker 2: Whoo. The crowd goes nuts and the cheerleaders tumble to the floor, leaving Angela on top of the chicken.
Speaker 1: Told you she was gonna bang that chicken.
Speaker 2: Kletas runs out from behind the drums, a move never explained in any way, shape or form. The crowd rushes the court as Angela kisses the now unmasked Pete. Kleidas makes his way to the lovebirds and demands his best friend put his head back on. The crowd loves him, and so we get our final credits with the alternate shots of the rooster Day's bread and the chicken moves from earlier in the game. We freeze on the chicken being tossed in the air after the big win, and that's our movie. Oooooooo. Let's do some real reviews and I can't wait to read these. You've got the five star review this time, Sabrino.
Speaker 1: What do you got for us?
Speaker 3: Okay, this review comes from Grace one five stars. All Right, guys, this isn't all caps, all caps, all cats, the entire one. I love this movie with my whole life. Jason Dowly should have won an Oscar for this cinematic masterpiece. What Chef's Kiss? I love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Jason Dowley, she loves.
Speaker 3: Him so much. It's not Dolly, it's dow She.
Speaker 1: Loves him love.
Speaker 2: I love you enough, just not enough to google how to spell your name. I have the one star review. This is from Spencer R. And I'd like to reiterate this is a real review that was found online and it reads thusly. My teacher wrote this, I'm not kidding, hi, mister Schwartz. I'm sorry your really cool idea got stolen by your fourth cousin who was basically ninety one star. So apparently this movie was stolen. Not sure anyone should be sad their name was left off this. But that's a first. We've never seen that one. That's amazing. We now, of course, come to Sabrina's favorite part of the program, that is our feature presentation, and this week we are going with something called mascot Madness to celebrate this movie's fascination with mascots, will be given the name of professional sports team mascots. We have to get the same thing. We have to guess which team it represents. From a list of multiple choice options. Three out of five wins. Who are we playing with today?
Speaker 1: Oh it's me Hi? Oh hey, all right, Jens back, so we already know Sabrina's lost. That's a rate that sounded, and say that's all.
Speaker 3: You're done with the game.
Speaker 1: Exactly here we go. Number one, Chuck the condor.
Speaker 2: Is that A the Philadelphia Eagles, B the Los Angeles Clippers, see the Philadelphia Flyers, or D the Dallas Wings. Chuck the condor. Well, it wouldn't be Eagles, right because that would be an Eagle. Yeah the Clippers. No, I'm gonna go with D the Dallas Wings.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna go with C Philadelphia Flyers.
Speaker 1: It's B the Los Angeles. We both live here.
Speaker 3: Clippers are chucked the condor.
Speaker 1: Yes, Condors are bird.
Speaker 3: It's our bird.
Speaker 1: Ben Ben to like ten Clippers games. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: Number two, dinger is that a Los Angeles Dodgers be the Boston Red Sox see the Colorado Rockies or d the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I don't know, Holy Cow, I'm gonna ing with Dinger as a the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, God, it's oh, that's there is an alliteration there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna go with you then Dinger the Dodger. I'm so good at this. It's see the Colorado.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say Colorado Rockies, Dinger the don't ever go with Sopren away.
Speaker 3: You were thinking that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: So you know, the air in Colorado very thin, so a lot of home runs are hit there. Oh that makes Oh that's number three? Blue?
Speaker 2: Is that the Toronto Blue Jays, the Washington Mystics, the Indianapolis Colts or the Dallas North Stars.
Speaker 3: Toronto Blue Jays, Blue.
Speaker 1: You're my boy Blue, You're my boy Blue. It's so old.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say b Washington Mystics, it's see the Colts. I was gonna say that, but then I thought you'd never do two season a row.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think of these, this is awful. Number four Carlton the Bear?
Speaker 2: Is that a the Toronto maple Leafs be the Chicago Bears see the Texas Rangers, or D the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 3: And they go with the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm gonna go with and and so it can't be right. I'm gonna go with be the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 3: It's a believes. Let's go, well, Dora.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one, Jenny l facts are not great, but all right, well, here we go. Let's go number five buckets?
Speaker 2: Is that A the Brooklyn Nets, be the Seattle Storm, see the Orlando Magic, or d the Las Vegas Aces.
Speaker 1: Is that a team the Las Vegas that w n B A there, Okay, I'm gonna go with A the Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna double down A the Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 1: Sound the alarm, everybody. It's d to Las Vegas w NBA team, we have a shutout? Oh for five terrible?
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that, Producer Jensen. I love feeling inadequate as I finish a podcast.
Speaker 1: Can we now do a Sabrina Seas?
Speaker 3: We absolutely can? So it's so funny to do these kind of again. Right. One of the things that I said in the first one, and it actually ended up being a clip like in our very first like Instagram post, was I said, was that a Joe Bro Because Dylan, the like the male hunky guy that's the captain of the basketball team, looks so much like he could fit right in with the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 1: Y mean Dyl, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when I first saw the movie the first time, and then as soon as he came on screen again, I was like, it's still he looks like he could be a Jonas brother.
Speaker 1: He looks like a Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looks like like he could totally be a Joe Bro. We talked about, I mean, why I'm starting to instantly worst friend ever. We're talking blackmail, We're talking all the things, the shack, the car repair shop, all this stuff we've already gone through because it's just too to pull back. One of the things, and you sort of touched on it was just the ultimate hair flips between I mean, it was like a battle of the hair flips between Jason.
Speaker 1: Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Yes, It's like it's that hair flip style. That was part of why you got it cut that way, was to hang in the eyes and be able to do the Bieber flip. And I just loved watching them because they're so young. Oh yeah, you could totally cut your hair like that. Now, question, how was he allowed to walk?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 3: Stop it?
Speaker 1: Well, what's going on? What's up?
Speaker 3: How was he allowed to walk? I mean, at the end of the day, the car was stolen, like someone took off with the sheriff's cor cock car. I mean, was it a ridiculous cop car because it was a convertible cop car. Okay, but someone took it. They have somebody who obviously is a part of the shindig, and they let him go without telling him. Is that how it would have worked? He says, He admits that he knows who it is, and he's saying, but I can't tell you. And then his dad lets him go as well, like tell me that, and.
Speaker 4: That says, I'm proud of you for not being a good friend, but okay, and then that that was the last thing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, So this is one of the things I was gonna say. We see so much basketball in this movie, more basketball than I think we even saw in Double maybe competitive with And this is what made me think of it was since it's we're right around the twenty year anniversary of high school musical, I kind of have to bring in the fact that that's one of the only movies that we saw. I mean, zac Efron's character plays basketball throughout the entire movie. He's constantly got about all in these Handy's planes, but he bouncing it whatever. You know, his dad and him, and this is commpetitive with how much basketball there is in high school musical. I think last one was did the gym size bleachers in the lot? Were they in a different gym? They were in their home gym.
Speaker 1: I think it wanted to look huge, something higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the high the bleachers got much higher than what they were.
Speaker 1: I agree they had to fold it out an extra thing because extra people came.
Speaker 3: I guess, so like it like literally got higher. And then lastly, we cannot end this session talking about our Heckler, this lady who was like a fairly large character in the movie but not a character at all, but so aggressive in her character choices of accoly, why are you there?
Speaker 1: What are you there for? You don't like the team, obviously?
Speaker 3: Do you like the team? You're too old to be a parent of someone on the team.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: You just keep coming back to these games and hating on them, like, oh my god. She was one of the funniest characters of the.
Speaker 1: Whole so weird. It was so weird, it's hilarious. Oh god, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Now it comes to the point in our program, of course, where we have to rate the film we just saw, and thankfully you get to go first this week.
Speaker 1: I went first last year.
Speaker 2: Gosh, we're going to do one out of sixty with forty eight being the highest but twelve being the middle. No, we'll do one out of ten. That's easier, one out of ten, and we'll do ten as the highest.
Speaker 3: And the options are.
Speaker 2: Our options this week are let it goes chickens not roosters one out of ten, house bakery garages one out of ten, hypoallergenic chicken heads George Carlin laughs, rocket ships and space shuttles one out of ten, cheerleader kidnappings one out of tend Jamie's loose ruled parents, manipulative best friends, TAMU chickens one o ten, r and B janitorsickens or one.
Speaker 1: Out of ten.
Speaker 2: Marching band, electric guitar souls. I think I get to pick this week and you have to go for two. You do You said you couldn't do it, so we're gonna do Let it go Dig it. You didn't want to do it, so that's gonna be the fun part.
Speaker 3: I didn't hate the song though.
Speaker 2: I didn't hate it either, but it's not as good as not ELSA Well, thank you one with the Sky.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. As wild as it is, this movie, and how just cuckoo for cocoa puffs it is? It really is. Ill had to like. It's still a funny movie to watch. The cast holds this movie up. They really do. Mitchell's hilarious. Jason Dally is everything you need in a like rom calm crush, you know, the you know, the guy gets the girl like do you know what I mean? Like, it's all of those things. Even though it's wild and the storyline makes no sense, I still liked it. I did, I really did. I did not hate this movie. I still am gonna give this movie. I like, I said the I mean, oh gosh, it's just so many funny parts. It had me laughing, it had me smiling, It had me rolling my eyes at a lot of the parts. But I still liked it, and I'm gonna give it an eight. Oh my god, wow, wow goes. I don't know if this is I find out one of the things where we kind of tell our fans not to do. And it's this two year worth of nostalgia for me that holds it up so high. I don't know, but I just truly the lowest psychico would be a seven point five.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to, Okay, hey, you gotta go your way. And I understand that feeling because it does hold a special place for us.
Speaker 1: Obviously does.
Speaker 3: And I just love these characters, Like the actors just really did such a great job for me. I mean, if you Ryan is unbelievable in it, I think it's just funny.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. The as individual bits, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, the actors are great. It's arguably the worst character in the history of dcoms with Mitchell Musso's character, who's just.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna go there go, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: So it seems like they had they got all the perfect pieces to build a race car and last minute decided to make a merry go round instead, where it was just like you took all those pieces and you did something else with them, Like what, really, that's what.
Speaker 1: You decided to do with them?
Speaker 3: Not a very good I.
Speaker 2: Feel like you I feel like you do in that love the care, love the actors, love the cast. Script makes no sense, huge story points you could drive trucks through. There's not a really redeeming girl in the whole movie. Even the one who's there is lying to him most of the time about the boyfriend, and then she falls for just the chicken, and then she's happy she doesn't have to bang that one.
Speaker 1: Dude, who's the chicken?
Speaker 2: It The movie is so all over the place, but it does hold a special place for me. So I think I'm being generous by saying I'm gonna give it six point five lead it goes.
Speaker 1: It's It's just it's a weird movie.
Speaker 2: Again, love this cast so much, but the film itself was weird.
Speaker 1: Yes, was weird, but there you go. But we brought it back our first one ever. Our next movie is a stone cold classic. So to go.
Speaker 2: From the Dali Muso duo, we are recapping two thousand and nine's Princess Protection Program starring Demi Lovado and Selena Gomez.
Speaker 1: Yes, arguably even bigger duo. They are the tag team champs if.
Speaker 2: You ask me, and it is currently streaming on Disney Plus. So jump in now. If you want to go ahead and watch that. But before we do that, this week, for our park Opper episode, we are talking to an actor who recently impressed us in the d Coom Right on Track.
Speaker 1: We love that movie.
Speaker 2: He's no old Palamne from his time on Boy Meets World, but you might recognize him from Little Giants or Toothless or Jingle all the way. It is the best crew chief in all of hot rod racing. That's right, Marcus Toji is going to be joining us. He is such a great guy and we'd love talking to him. Here's a little snippet of what you can expect to hear.
Speaker 5: It was a joke, but it's also very hard to get in and out of those cars, right, So to have you know, Beverly Mitchell like putting on her helmet watching her get into the car. It's not like a glamorous looking thing, you know, so it's always like she's in the car when you see it, or she's you know, stepping up and taking off the helmet and doing the hair.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That was totally fun.
Speaker 2: Again, talk to this guy twice now for two hours, and I could do it again. He's a ton of fun. He is the best, and he's really really great in that movie. That was a movie that shocked us right on track. We really liked it. Get to know him a little better with our interview on the dedicated Magical Rewind feed. Just search for us wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe so you never miss another episode of dcom greatness. And for more info, you can follow us on the Magical Rewind Pod. On the Instagram machine, apparently, what you do is you hold your phone underwater and you say Instagram three times and it opens.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. Thank you everybody, and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,