Speaker 1: You're listening to I Choose Me with Jenny Garland. Welcome back to I Choose Me. All right, Sarah Drew, thank you for sharing so much with me. Let's just switch it up a bit for our bonus episode. How about that, Let's get to know you a little bit better. We're gonna do rapid Fire, and I think you're the perfect person, okay for this. Okay, let's start with Emily Lane energy or doctor April Kepner energy Emily Lane Ooh, okay on set at Gray's comedy moments or emotional moments? Oh, did you have any comedy? I did? Actually I had some fun comedy, but emotional. Yeah, I mean it's emotional percent. This is a good one. What is a medical procedure? You are confident after nine seasons of being on Gray's Anatomy that you could undertake absolutely nothing. I could maybe do some CPR. Okay, that's pretty much. That's what I could do. Stitches? Could you do stitches? Maybe I could maybe do a little suture. It wouldn't look pretty going to in debate someone, but you know they might need an esophagus transplant, so let's don't do that. Let's see guest star Life or series regular life. Oh regular, yeah, series regular feeling.
Speaker 2: Although guests our life is so fun because I've played so many kooky weirdos in my in my guests are trapesing around, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you're bopping in and you're bopping out and popping out. Yeah. But there's nothing like having a regular job, a job job, weekend and look out. I get it. We didn't really talk about this, but you have said before that you are proactively hopeful. Yeah. I think that's really wonderful for anybody out there who wants to be proactively hopeful. What are some tips for them to have those sunshiny moments.
Speaker 2: I think it's really making a job of gratuity. I don't know how else to do it. I think that's kind of the only way. I think you don't see magic unless you're looking for it, and you're only looking for it when you've put the work in and the practice of deciding that there is goodness and deciding that there is something worth being grateful for.
Speaker 1: Right, That's that's the proactive part about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's it's it. You have to choose it and you have to practice it. It's not something that just happens to you.
Speaker 1: Do you think it can be too hopeful? Does it ever blend into like going into toxic positivity? I don't. I don't know how I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think ignoring the reality of the world that would become problematic. But I also think that there is always something good, and I don't I think you have to hold I don't know. My my hope is is grounded in the reality that there is pain, but there's always gold even through the pain, and you just have to hunt for it, you know. So that is what the hope that I talk about is not some like flighty something. It's it's a it's a it's a messy journey toward it that acknowledges the pain that's in life.
Speaker 1: And maintaining the hope. Yeah. Yeah, that's good. That's good. You also said that you're an overthinker. Chah, I kind of like about you. Okay, So what are some quick tips for someone who is spiraling down the toilet bowl with their overthinking. Get yourself a spouse that's like, they're not thinking about you.
Speaker 2: The world does not revolve around you.
Speaker 1: Get yourself a good truth teller. A good truth teller, in your life that you trust, that will listen to you, start to spiral and go. I'm telling you, they're only thinking about their interactions from last night. It's not what you said. I think we should all walk around with T shirts to say it's not about me, it's not about me, nobody cares. Nobody care. Gosh. My walk back into her dorm from the Thanksgiving break yesterday and she texted me. She said, I think my roommate hates me. And I was like, why, I'm sure it happens as hared. She said, well, I said, hi, how are you? How is your break? And she said fine, how is yours? And then didn't talk to her for the rest of the night and they're sleeping, you know, in the same room. I said, well, maybe she's sad that she had to leave her family and come back to school. You know, there's so many things that could be about and I remember writing, it's not about you, babe, No, I know, oh God, not about me. T shirts. She make T shirts. Yes, I think it's good. We could have a little side yeah, side hustle, loud house, are quiet nights at home? Quiet nights at home?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the best music for the background of a quiet night at home when you're just chilling with your family. What does everybody agree on? John Prian Radio on Pandora. It's my husband's go to know nothing about this.
Speaker 2: It's just he's just an artist named John Prine, and it's it's like chill kind of it's not country.
Speaker 1: I can't even describe, but it is. Yeah, a little folky, a little folky John Prime. Yeah, everybody, let's check that out. Sounds nice. I kind of know the answer to this. But what book do you have on your bedside table right now?
Speaker 2: Brimstone by Kelly Hart is the second book in the Quicksilver series.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, and you again are just reading those for fun? It's fun, you're.
Speaker 2: Establishing I'm not trying to make it into a TV series.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Okay, New Year Energy Resolution Maker or gentle Resetter, gentle Resetter. That's good. Okay, Yeah, we should do that. We're so hard on ourselves. It's so hard on ourselves. And New Year's every year gives me. I don't even try, like I want to forget all about that part of it, don't. I don't. I don't try to. I don't do any New Year's resolutions. It's just a calendar. Yes, it's the day. I'm just we're always resetting. Every day is a New year thing you're doing? It really is. Yeah. There's so much pressure put on people though, to like it's January time to lose those extra ten pounds, or let's start eating right, everybody's gonna start exercise, lift those weights. No, there's just so much. Let me alone. I just overelfed myself into de Haites I have I need to sleep. Oh my god. Okay, when it comes to I choose me moments, big thing or tiny everyday thing. Oh, tiny every day thing. I do hot yoga every day, and that is a good I choose me. Thanks. Although it's good productive because I'm getting in shape. So it's okay. When you go to your yoga class, Yes, are you going to like center yourself and calm your nervous system or you going to physically challenge yourself and make yourself leaner and longer and stronger. I want to It's first and foremost about breathing. It can be both making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's all of them, but but first I forget to breathe in life often and yoga. Also, when I'm in my hot yoga class, I can my brain can't think about anything else because it's very challenging. Yeah, breathing, you're just breathing, and you're you're you're thinking about your muscles stretching, and you're thinking about getting into the next position, and your heart is racing and you're calming down and you're you know, you're just growing and strengthening and sweating and the brain chatter goes away.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Yes, I love it. Look at that. That's a great choose me moment right there. Yeah. Okay, TV shows, what are you watching right now?
Speaker 2: So there's a new one with Emma Thompson on Apple TV one Cemetery Road or something.
Speaker 1: It's really good. I like this title. She's so good. It's her and Ruth.
Speaker 2: Ruth Wilson Wilson, Yes, yes, And Emma Thompson is just I am obsessed.
Speaker 1: Would you say she's your favorite actress or do you have a favorite She's up there. I just recently showed my son the version of much Ado about Nothing that she did back in like nineteen ninety eight or whatever. She's such a magical performer. I'm I yeah, I love her. There's just those people that can take you to that place of just joy in just watching them work.
Speaker 2: She's so good and also she's like so gorgeous and sexy, and she's not all plastic or anything like, she's just like a real human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good. It's so good. Oh my gosh. Okay, so tell us just quickly about this new show. It's not new. It's a second season, yes, but a just finished airing, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, but now Mistletoe Murders is now. It just finished airing on a homework channel. But you can see it on Hallmark Plus okay, where all episodes are street. You can also purchase it, I think on Amazon. There's romance, there's action, there's intrigue, really fun character find that.
Speaker 1: How do you do that with like finding the small town charm of a Christmas movie and blending in the mystery.
Speaker 2: Well to you know, it's funny because they're two very beloved genres, are Christmas movies, like Christmas rom coms and mystery, and they both follow a very specific and similar pattern where you start from a place of messiness and rupture and something needs to be figured out. You take a whole journey and then there's resolution at the end and the mystery, the bad guy gets taken in and you know, and in the rock all is well at the end.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So people love this genre because you know that you turn it on and at the end of the journey.
Speaker 1: Everything is going to be okay.
Speaker 2: But you get to go through this cathartic emotional experience while you're trapsing your way through the story. So I think the two genres really lend themselves pretty well to one another. And can Are the creator who also created the Audible series that this is based on. It's just a genius at kind of mashing these two worlds together and making it feel really cozy but also murdery at the same time.
Speaker 1: Murders. I love that. Oh my god, I go. I'm gonna definitely watch it. I want to binge from the beginning to the end.
Speaker 2: It's really fun. It's a fun it's a fun bit Binger.
Speaker 1: It's crossed for season three. Cross Okay, Okay, So since you were a pastor's kid, do you have one song from church that takes you back?
Speaker 2: Oh Lord, I lived your name on Hi Lord, I love.
Speaker 1: To sing your pray. There we go.
Speaker 2: Someone that's a good one. My kids actually, because they go to Catholic school and the choir sings that song that is so cute. It's like totally brings me back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh I love that so good. Oh my gosh. Well you've been so much fun. I love talking to you and getting to know you. Go talk to you too. Thank you so much. Thanks for having me. You're welcome. H