Speaker 1: Hey everybody, thanks for watching this week's episode. We want to promote where you can see us. For tickets, go to Joe Gatto official dot com. To see all my door dates.
Speaker 2: For Steve's go to punch Up dot Live backslash Steve hyphen Burn.
Speaker 1: That's beat y r I need. He makes it super easy to find him. And now onto the episode.
Speaker 3: Where a ticket you see you know Sparatu?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 2: People tell me I look like the guy Mike was, tell me look like the guy knows su. I don't know if that's he's a compliment. That's probably compliment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, thanks to tune in the moms. I am no Sparato and I am here.
Speaker 3: I just saw No Sparatu and someone said you look like him.
Speaker 1: I like him, I do.
Speaker 3: I don't think you look at anything like you know what I get.
Speaker 2: I get way better tan yo, Yeah, I eat better. You eat way better, No Sparao.
Speaker 1: That's okay. Well, you know, thanks for joining us on this week's episode. Too cool. Moms. Uh you know, Steve, Steve Gatto and Joe Byrne are doing it up in here.
Speaker 3: That's my grandfather's name.
Speaker 1: We appreciate a burn. That's why we get along. We have a very special episode we do.
Speaker 3: Why is that because we're trying something new.
Speaker 2: We're trying to we're trying new thing called call Mommy, and we working mommy hot pockets.
Speaker 3: For set in my hot pocket.
Speaker 2: Yes, your advice is served hot here on him.
Speaker 1: Cool mom, you knew it right away.
Speaker 3: Of course, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm full surprises, Stevie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do a thing where we would get in touch with our fans via the telephone. Oh, I don't think people talk on the telephone O enough.
Speaker 3: No, they don't. We need that connection. I think the last time you sent a letter.
Speaker 2: A handwritten letter, I will tell you this. Yeah, I love a good handwritten note. Yeah, I loved the last time you did.
Speaker 1: That, probably twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: You actually gave me a very nice card over the holidays. I did, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I write, I write a holiday Tom. I'm big on the note. I love a good handwritten letter. I have a box. Do you have this at home? A box of letters that people have.
Speaker 3: I have definitely a crate of like keepsakes, and there's definitely some letters in there.
Speaker 2: I have a specific box of letters that's just letters, and in there I have a letter from my mother that she sent just a little note, and then I have a full letter from my father in there, and that was like two of my.
Speaker 1: Biggest keepsakes that I have. But then I also have all these letters.
Speaker 2: From old x's and things which I don't really look at anymore, which you.
Speaker 3: Still get it, you know, I still get it.
Speaker 1: Still got the box, still got the box of letters.
Speaker 2: Not that you mean, right, see, I got letters, yeah, but I have that. But it's just nice to see what people have said about you over the years. But I have like cards for my sisters, and now I've started adding stuff my kids have written me, you know, not homework projects, but some stuff that they've like left notes back to me because I would write a note for there when I made their snack and send them to My mom used to send me to school with letters in my snack, and that was my biggest I was so excited about that. So I started that with my kids and they loved it, and they started writing me letters. Back when I was on the road, I would come home. My son stuck me a letter on a post it and put it in my backpack before I hit the road, and I had opened it up. When I was on the road and in there was a little thing. It was like, Dad, I miss you. Hurry back, hurry back home of Remore. I was like, such a sweet little boy.
Speaker 3: You know, it's nice to know your kids care. I never got no.
Speaker 1: I have a great one from Livy she sent me. She put a note. You know, Joe, I missed you. You're the best.
Speaker 3: I wish my dad was like you successful.
Speaker 2: Thanks for everything there your kids, your kids.
Speaker 1: You know, I think you're all right. But I do. I do love a good handwritten letter. I do love a good handwritten letter.
Speaker 2: I do try to take some time to do a handwritten note. But you know, I think it's an art form that gets lost. I think words on paper is very important.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the last time I wrote a it's less a letter more was maybe three months ago. Suicide note anyways, unsuccessful Still here, man, I didn't I didn't you do like a phone call?
Speaker 2: Though I love a phone call. You and I are big phone call guys. Used to call me.
Speaker 1: You just call me a lot more.
Speaker 3: By the way, I check out on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you used to call me more.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not reciprocal, you stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't call you much.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: I'm working on that in twenty twenty five. No, no, no, you call, I do call you.
Speaker 3: You call from the road, you will call will Things will remind us.
Speaker 1: Of each other.
Speaker 3: You will FaceTime me with Jiggy. You're like, we're eating, we miss you. That's what will happen. But I'll be traveling and I'll be like, oh, I just wonder how Joe is, and I'll just call you and say, hey, I miss you. It's not more than two minutes.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love to quick check in just to find out about stuff. But I will say, like, you know, I do call. I think of you often when we're eating or shopping in antique stores.
Speaker 3: Ah, I love an antique store. Yeah, you do.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 2: Sometimes things remind me of you in an antique store, and I'll just purchase them and send them to you.
Speaker 3: You go right to the dice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I go to the dice for me, but for you. Sometimes it's something around. I'll look at it or remind me of you, and I'll buy it and I'll just ship it to your house.
Speaker 3: Well. Uh, by the way, I want to thank you very much. I use my flask.
Speaker 1: Oh the flask.
Speaker 3: I used the flask. Yeah, I went to a U. I went to a party recently in my neighborhood and I was like and just just like what should we bring. I was like, well, you know, you bring whatever you want. And I was like, I know what I'm gonna bring it. So I went to my cupboard, I got my little jamil, I put some in and it was h it was pretty cool. It felt like, uh, it's cool, felt like an outlaw. Yeah, I love it cool. I'm drinking. I want somebody's house with this, Like it felt cool. I wish I had the book with me, Yes, around with me, like, what's the book? I should have done that?
Speaker 1: Did you have the did you have the flask hidden on your person?
Speaker 3: I had it in my pocket. Yeah. Fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that flask with curved that way so they could fit ag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes along your leg. Yeah that's nice, is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I bought you a flask that wasn't an inventtage store. I do buy you gifts and just send them to your home vntage stores. Yes, yes, put it together.
Speaker 2: Yet Wait what you got an unmarked package about three months ago.
Speaker 1: And you're posted on me.
Speaker 3: That was you?
Speaker 1: Was are you serious?
Speaker 3: Book?
Speaker 2: And you posted and I said that the jigging were hysterical laughing. It was we face tarred you.
Speaker 1: No way, that was you.
Speaker 3: It was us.
Speaker 2: Oh, my face tarmed you with this Asian such a racist Asian doll with a We're like, Stevie, wait you were here, we miss you, and we like pretended it was you.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, oh, how fun would this be if I bought it and just sent it to him. So he bought it and sent it to you, unmarked from the place, and then you post it on.
Speaker 3: I never said this to me, thank you, this is hilarious or something like that.
Speaker 1: And it's in your office there.
Speaker 3: And I said, I said, I've always wanted a Bobby Lee action fig or stuff like that, and so it's in my office though. The Asian boy with the god it was so. And then it was funny because when we were putting out the Christmas decorations, my wife puts the shelf with the TV above the fireplace with with the gongs. That is not going there. I'm like, it's hilarious. She's like, you were not putting that there, but it's in my office. Dude, that's hilarious, like that was you And he never said anything. Never.
Speaker 1: I was sitting on a furlastic joke out.
Speaker 3: That's a plastic joke.
Speaker 1: Does think simmer for three to four months?
Speaker 3: I would never have the patience. Did you get it?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 3: It was funny, like you will literally let a joke. That's what I us.
Speaker 1: That's see I think of you often, is what I'm saying. I think of you. You know, we did talk, we did talk more on the phone. I will work on that.
Speaker 3: So I gotta I gotta get a picture sent so you guys can we'll post in the thing. Oh my god, that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I definitely have the photo. I'll send it over and we'll put it up for everybody because I.
Speaker 3: Remember opening it and going what the.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, and it was like, you know, of course these times like this is pretty racist? Right? Is this racist?
Speaker 1: But I love that we facetimed you with it and we were like laughing.
Speaker 2: We were all laughing together about it, and then we said that exact dolly you I didn't remember.
Speaker 1: I remember crazy, it's so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. My kids were like, you might my son goes, that's scary looking. It's pretty scary looking.
Speaker 2: But oh, that is so funny about the antiquetores. They always have like a creepy doll section. I'll always add it to my story or go live on Instagram with it about like the creepy dolls, and they are. There's nothing like an antique store when it comes to creepy dolls. No, and they have so many. I wonder like they buy them? Are people out there buying these?
Speaker 1: They literally haunt the dolls, like you know.
Speaker 3: They are scary one hundred percent. By the way, what was it the what's the one with the doll annabel Like when you actually have you ever seen the actual Annabelle? Yes, it's a raggedy doll, Raggedy Andy.
Speaker 1: Raggedy and and Andy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but those were really popular when we were kids. They were everywhere, and so to see it, you're just like the the doll in the movie actually looks like creepy, but the other one looks so nothing normal. It looks normal and you wouldn't think it's scary at all.
Speaker 1: It looks like raggedy, like an on ozembic annabel.
Speaker 3: It looks like if you took that and put it in a I right, what would it be? And that's exactly what it was created?
Speaker 1: For sure? Did you? I?
Speaker 2: I remember that you and you kept it from me this whole time.
Speaker 3: No, I was like, who did this? Because I was like somebody obviously forgot to leave a note. And then I was just a real gift. I honestly, I swear to god, I thought it was a real gift, Like it was nice. It was pricey too, was it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well it's it is in my office and I've taken care of it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It was an expressive joke, but it was worth it, for sure. I have them a little. I got it down.
Speaker 2: But to be honest, it was I think it's like working you.
Speaker 3: You are not the world's okayest comedian. You're one of the world's above average comedian.
Speaker 1: I'm an above average.
Speaker 3: Yeah, above average, No, above average? A past.
Speaker 1: That was?
Speaker 3: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love you.
Speaker 3: That was a good one.
Speaker 1: Good. Well, I love you. I'll no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 3: That's not a complaint.
Speaker 1: I know it's on my bucket.
Speaker 3: We we keep in touch.
Speaker 1: We do say you're one of my best friends.
Speaker 3: Love you.
Speaker 1: I love you, buddy. Let's get in helping people, do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, are we calling.
Speaker 1: We're going to call people.
Speaker 2: We're gonna we have AIG segment called call Mommy. Play the music, play the intro music. Okay, great. So now what we did was we put it out on our Instagram at your cool mom's pod to uh, send in your phone number and just a.
Speaker 1: Little bit about what your dilemma is, and we thought we would take a call.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's see how it goes. Okay, Hi, thanks for calling mommy. It's Joe and Steve.
Speaker 3: Hi, how are you good?
Speaker 1: How are you? What's your name? My name is Alexis Cooper.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Hi, Alexis, thank you so much for calling into the mommies.
Speaker 4: Of course, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: We are here to help. So what is your dilemma, Alexis?
Speaker 4: My dilemma is that I feel like I'm playing the lottery every night when I put my toddler to bed whether or not she's gonna wake up and what time it'll be or if she's gonna sleep through the night.
Speaker 1: Ah, okay, how old is the toddler? Now she'll be too. Oh yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I speaking from my experience, my daughter didn't sleep through the night the first time until she was two years old, and then my son slept through the night when he was six months old.
Speaker 1: So I do think it is a lottery crapshoot kind of situation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, monsters incorporated, Yes, Uh definitely, watch Masters incorporate. That'll help uh in terms of like, uh sleeping. And this is like my wife does this for a living. Like literally she does this for a living. So I hear about this all the time. But uh, I guess if you visit my wife.
Speaker 2: To your answer to a lectus called from us is to talk to your your outstocing the help.
Speaker 3: But this is like what she does for a living, is so so, so if you want to DMMR on Instagram, I'll tell her to hook you up. But it's it's literally my dreamy Sleeper. That's what my wife's handle is. And she literally here I swear to God. Yeah, so she because we had it as a gift when when we were because I was going through the same we were going through the same thing when my daughter was born. I guess it's three months in your child is I guess mature enough at that at that time period as a baby to adapt to sleep training. And it's just you know, it's a set of circumstances that you're gonna put your kid into. It's gonna seem very uncomfortable, but once they adapt to it, all of a sudden, your child's getting sleep. You're getting sleep, and you're so much the better for it. So I don't know exactly what to tell you, because I am at ah.
Speaker 1: Why what's her podcast called.
Speaker 3: It's called My Husband's a Dipshit, But uh yeah, just good to my dreamy sleeper. That's like I literally tagged her in something, uh like a poster to ago. But but it's little what she does for a living. So yeah, she's she's worked with people, she signed many NDAs with that I could get her sued for right now. But but honestly, I mean, it is one of those things where, boy, if your kid's not sleeping, it affects everything. And my heart goes out to you and uh, it affects the whole household everything for sure.
Speaker 1: Are you do.
Speaker 2: You do you find yourself a little bit more cranky?
Speaker 1: Do I personally get more cranky?
Speaker 4: When she doesn't sleep.
Speaker 2: Yes for sure, yes, yeah, okay, well I'm wishing you. I'm sending you lots of love and patience during this time. But definitely check out Steve's website for help.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a promo code or something, but it's if you go to my dreamy sleeper like on Instagram or or just look at me up or whatever. But that I mean I I'll literally text her today and say, hey, uh, we have a caller and from Alexi is gonna reach out to you. I would love to help you out. I know she'd love to help out too.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Look at this.
Speaker 1: We're helping the world. This was perfect.
Speaker 4: Then I called the right spot.
Speaker 1: You definitely did.
Speaker 3: Look at that great slammed dunk.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for calling mommy. We love you, Alexis. Thanks for listening. Oh, thank you so much, Steve. I'm coming to see you in March. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: No promo code, you have to pay full prices. But that's that's awesome. Thank you, love you, Alexas bye.
Speaker 1: It's so sweet.
Speaker 3: Look at that. That was cool.
Speaker 1: That was really cool. The call Mommy segment, it's fantastic. It's crushing, nailed it one for one, nailed at one for one.
Speaker 3: We outsourced helping.
Speaker 1: Calling mommy, let's look at all the calls here.
Speaker 3: Let's do it all right? My god? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: I joked a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hi, it's thanks.
Speaker 2: Are called two cools and calling mommy. It's Joe and Steve. How are you good?
Speaker 1: How are you good? What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name is Whitney Spencer.
Speaker 1: Hi, Whitney.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you, Whitney, Joe and Steve. Here you have a dilemma that you need the moms to help you with.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do all right, hit let us up. What is it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: I am an aspiring actress and model, but I live in a very rural part of North Carolina. So I was just wondering how how to get out of a rural area, how to succeed in the industry.
Speaker 1: Really, just any tips, gotcha? So you're feeling trapped by your your ruralness.
Speaker 3: Yes, Whitney, they actually filmed quite a bit in North Carolina. To be honest with you, there's a nice there's like big tax incentives, Like I know, Dana mcride films a ton of stuff out there. So there is quote unquote like industry. There's a presence of industry in North Carolina. And if you're looking to get out, have you done anything thus far in front of the camera or print ads or anything? So I have.
Speaker 4: I have been an extra in about five or six different movies and TV shows in Wilmington, North Carolina, Winston Salem, different places like that, but I've never really been able to get further than that.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Well, I will say I back in the day, I chase the dream and moved to Hollywood, and I really think it's just a product of finding the best way to do your craft now depending on where you are, because I moved back home to New York and that's when I basically, you know, quote unquote hit it big. But I would say I think it's important just to align yourself with people and collaborate, because collaboration is the biggest thing, especially with modeling, you know, finding people who are trying to build their photography portfolios. That's an easy way to get in going on through Instagram and try to find other like minded.
Speaker 1: People in your area.
Speaker 2: Of course, I think like Facebook does a good job of that of trying to find groups of people that are trying to do it in your area is a big thing. You got to find You got to find a little bit of a hive if you will there in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you find that supportive group of collaborators. But also I think Joe and I are of a generation where literally you had a decision to make New York or Los Angeles, and now entertainment is so sparsed out. There's so many hubs of production. Atlanta is probably the closest to you that films a ton. So if I were you, how old are you, I'm eighteen eighteen. Okay, you got you got the life.
Speaker 1: You got the life at your fingertips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got plenty of time. Are you in school? Are you studying anywhere?
Speaker 4: Or I am doing online school degree in marketing.
Speaker 2: Well, they have the internet in Atlanta, so move to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: The have internets everywhere. But look, I mean, you could you know, you could be enrolled. One of the greatest assets I had was when I first moved to Los Angeles. I took you know, like anybody else, you sign it for acting classes and some of the guys I met and be friended and have been friends with through the years in Los Angeles. To Joe's point, all those young comics that started off with, all the young actors that started off with we all supported each other and found out, hey, there's an audition for this thing. Let me see if I can get you into. And if somebody got it and the guy that instigated it didn't get it, it didn't matter because we were all young and hungry. Right, So find that hub, but find that market that works for you. And if you think that maybe Atlanta potentially could work for you, it's not that big of a move from North Carolina to Atlanta. It's less of a move to go from North Carolina Los Angeles. But I know that there's a ton of opportunities and Joe and I know probably dozens, if not hundreds of people we've worked with or collaborated with that have worked in or are now in Atlanta. I know a lot of young actors are going to Atlanta to audition and get their feet wet in the industry. And it's I mean, Marvel's got studios down there, there's a ton going on, Tyler Perry's down there. So there's a ton of work to be had in that market, and not as much as being filmed in Los Angeles as you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would. I would definitely say those two things.
Speaker 2: Find collaborators in your hometown that you think could help you further your career.
Speaker 1: I mean, you've already landed a couple extra gigs. How did you go about getting those?
Speaker 4: So on Facebook they do. There's some casting networks that I'm aware of. And then on top of that, like on Instagram, where it'll say like suggested, it'll send you to their Facebook. So it's easy once you find that Facebook to like look at the other ones that are kind of in similar areas.
Speaker 1: Would you be open would you be open to moving to Atlanta?
Speaker 4: I'd love to if I could figure it out. Gave up enough money to.
Speaker 3: Do right right. But the thing that I always say to to folks like yourself, because I went through it myself. Whitney, I was twenty two, I was at of Kent State, Ohio, and I moved to New York City. You're gonna be broken Atlanta, You're gonna be broken. North Carolina, You're gonna broke. In New York City, You're always gonna be broke. So it's just like all that has to happen is for you to get there right and what you and I'm not saying. Look, it could be anything. It could be La, it could be New York, it could be whatever you want it to be, right, But I would have a healthy dialogue with my folks. I'd establish probably what it is I think or I want to accomplish. I'd give myself a healthy timeline, yeah, to understand.
Speaker 1: And it's not a.
Speaker 3: Timeline of like I'm gonna make it by twenty five. It's like, get detailed oriented, get granular about your you know, within the first year, I'd like to be an extra in this. Within two years, I'd like to be a guest star.
Speaker 1: Or I'd like to having this many things on my resume, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like you know, get get really specific and I think, have a healthy dynamic with with people you care about, whether it's your family or good friends, whatever, and then make a goal of it. Because when you're eighteen, you got nothing to lose. When you're twenty one, you got nothing to lose. By the way, you could be forty, you could be in a cubicle. You got nothing to lose. So I think the great thing is that you have all the time in the world ahead of you, and I wish you nothing but the best. You seem very determined and driven. At eighteen, you're an extra in a few films. That's more than I ever did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that about it.
Speaker 3: And so I think you're way off to the races, a lot further along than I was at your age. So I think you're going to crush it.
Speaker 1: And don't forget us when you're huge.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to be thanked in your award awards acceptance speeches.
Speaker 1: We want to be thanked in all these speeches that you give.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks for calling, Mommy, I'll see you next week. Joe, Oh, yay, already come to the show.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I'm coming to the show.
Speaker 1: And jeram I meet you there. Oh that's fantastic, Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Good luck to you with of course, thank you.
Speaker 1: Bye's all right.
Speaker 3: I mean we could we could trim it. I think by the way, I was doing everything in my power not to be like the pervy Hollywood for the jokes you succeeded because I was sitting there going, he's gonna gol.
Speaker 1: Michaels are protecting you.
Speaker 3: She's eighteen. She wants to be an actress. It's like, this is just this is too easy. This is too easy. But I'm like, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 1: So I'm not gonna say I'm gonna be supportive. You did great. I get you gave some great advice. See what happens when you get to it. Yeah, I think whatever I just said, and that.
Speaker 3: That's what goes on at the end the interview. It's like, eighteen, I want to be a star baby, I can make.
Speaker 1: Live in my garage apartment. You ever driven around his Saturn? Well, I would say that was relatively successful. I think we helped some people.
Speaker 3: A hundre percent. And that's Joe, that's why we're here.
Speaker 1: We're here to try to help the best of our abilities.
Speaker 3: We know we are professional entertainers.
Speaker 2: Who might be able to help, but that's not a good name of podcast, that's right.
Speaker 3: Help is not our forte no. But we try harder at helping than we do on our own careers, that's for sure. That's why we're here.
Speaker 2: Speaking of what you come out and see us on the road. Uh, Joe gotoficial dot com for tickets for.
Speaker 3: Me, punch up dot Live.
Speaker 2: Steve Byrne for me, and we will see you guys out there be well.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next time on