Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour on this Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Actor Kevin Bacon, big Eagles fan, going to take a victory lap here in about twenty minutes. The Eagles are the first Super Bowl chance to have more rushing yards than net passing yards in a regular season in postseason since the nineteen seventy five Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Stata the Jay Start of the Jay, We Love your Stata the Day stat of the Jay, Stand.
Speaker 4: Of the Jay.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dann, give us stat of the Day.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will Pandora, I will Sean and Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 5: Hi Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: I was supposed to come up as Pandora's husband.
Speaker 2: Oh, are you your Pandora's husband?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So we don't live in Vegas.
Speaker 6: I want to put some clarity to some things here because my wife's been getting ripped on. She called you, guys in New Orleans fans. She was almost dying in the hospital last year and our kid was coloring and singing Seat of the Day, and that's what motivated her to make you a song. So she wasn't in tassels or feathers. We don't live in Las Vegas. She was, however, Yes, she was, however, wearing Marv's Hands T shirt. And let me tell you, bruh, when my wife puts on your hands T shirt, your hands are huge. We call it the Pandora stretch. We're thinking about going down to the combine helping some of them little hand kids out. But yeah, just some clarity and then I have if I have time, I've got a pie to the face, since she was wearing Marv's shirt, Pie to the face bet from Marv. Okay, Pandora was a blues singer in Cleveland. So based off of the song, We're going to send you guys with care package from our farm. And I was going to put a picture of Pandora an envelope in there. And based off of her song, did I marry a beautiful woman of color? Or is she just another James in Virginia?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I guess Marvin, you have to make this pie to the face bed. Did Jean marry a woman who is African American?
Speaker 5: Or sounds that way when she says.
Speaker 8: But he said a woman of color. You didn't say black.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sean, are you saying a woman of color? Or a woman who's black.
Speaker 6: I thought that was the same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh okay, all right, so Marv, there you go. So it's like a.
Speaker 8: Clarification. Those aren't the same things everybody.
Speaker 5: Okay, but so a black woman correct African?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got a pie to the face bed if she Well wait, I think he just basically said that she's African American son James in Virginia where we found out that he's white.
Speaker 5: It is black history money here, Marvin.
Speaker 9: No one covers it like us.
Speaker 5: No wait, yeah, yes, So Marvin.
Speaker 10: Have to guess and if he's wrong and got the pie in the face.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm going to go that she's African American. How's that? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I don't know how it would work if you said, well, you're black, are a woman of color and then you said to her same thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I don't know that it is. Yes, well, babe, you know what I mean, same thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's a woman not of color.
Speaker 2: Oh you think that Pandora is not a woman of color or the color's white? Oh okay, all right, Sean, So Marvin is saying that your wife is white.
Speaker 6: Well, I was going to put a picture in our care package and make you reveal it.
Speaker 2: Well, you can do it right now because Marvin has already made his guess.
Speaker 5: She's white.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations, thank you, Marvin, congratulations.
Speaker 11: I do appreciate though that uh Seawana's like. But Bape, I got to tell you, you sound pretty black with singing. I bet I can fool these guys, Babe. I'm telling you there's like a hint of blackness when you sing. I'm gonna try it, Yes, Marvin, And.
Speaker 12: The references we were using when she was singing was lima fair and four non blonde.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure that's black.
Speaker 2: Well, I had tassels and feathers, so that's different.
Speaker 5: That was Las Vegas. I didn't know they were from Tahoe Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 11: Which, by the way, uh, Lake Tahoe has plenty of casinos and possibly burlesque as well.
Speaker 2: I've been to Tahoe, but I didn't see any burlesque.
Speaker 5: But uh, that's Pandora Lake Tahoe. I like the song. I like it. I do.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna get Now, are we more likely to get more stat of the Day renditions or less because of how we've treated Pandora here?
Speaker 10: Yes, Tom I'm gonna say more because like if she can do it, if anyone thought that was not great, they're like, I can do at least that.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go for it.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com Twitter handle at a DP show poll question for the final hour of the program, Seaton, what are you thinking about?
Speaker 11: We're gonna do something off of Pandora's at that out of the day song. I'm trying to go back to my old radio days, like where you do, like this song is either a hit or it's not.
Speaker 5: Should we pick it or flick it? All those kinds of things.
Speaker 11: They used to do, like where you could vote if you like the song or not.
Speaker 5: But that's a little wordy Okay, how about good greater? Eh, we used to do that my songs.
Speaker 11: How about keep it or sleep it? Keep it or sleep it, love it or list it? Love it or listen it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's the pole question.
Speaker 11: You're you're still workshopping then yeah, now we're going to go with something along. Oh okays, yeah, keep it or kill it or I don't know something. If anybody could come up with a better tide, you're super creative in this.
Speaker 5: Way, we'll come up with something fine, all right, thank you, Tod.
Speaker 2: All right, so Kevin Bacon will join us, coming up a couple of things. Steph Curry had thirty eight and the Warriors win over the Bucks. So that's four straight games that he's had at least thirty But Anthony Edwards has had three consecutive forty point games. And also keep in mind there have been one hundred and nineteen different players who have had at least one thirty point game this season in the last twenty years. That's happened only one time. That happened to be the twenty twenty two to twenty three season, so real long time ago. It was twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three. No, don't work, No, give me, give me say something else?
Speaker 5: There whoa stead of a day?
Speaker 3: Stand of the day, stand Out of a day, stand Out a day.
Speaker 5: This is the Stand of the Day, brought to you by.
Speaker 2: Pendi America, the official trading cards of this programm. I don't want to go to the well too often with Pandora, so we'll sprinkle in some other stat of the day renditions. Good morning, those watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app. Hopefully you're still happy that you downloaded the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio, Yes, Seaton.
Speaker 5: Maybe we do love it or shove it is a very popular element. Or shove it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it might be love it or shove it, all right, it might be keep it or sleep it. Not sure I'd like love it or shove it. Yeah, love it or shove it. Put on my DJ voice, chesty not that that's not that.
Speaker 5: DJ Shovey coming up next. We got to hove for you.
Speaker 2: Those guys, man, they have the energy to do that because I when I was the FM DJ on w t U E. Dayton's Best rock and Roll. So you're able to say that's skinnerd coming up Molly Hatchett, followed by the Cars and Joe Jett.
Speaker 5: Love it or shove it?
Speaker 2: I know, but those those a m DJs, wacky up tempo, always energy, you know, hitting the post, all of.
Speaker 5: That five o'clock free run. Yes far.
Speaker 12: When I lived in Hartford, Uh there's uh, there was this kid Fresh. He was a radio personality. He had a segment called crunk It.
Speaker 8: Or Junkie trunk At or junk it great, yep, shout out the kid fresh at Harford.
Speaker 5: Why don't we just take that cronk it? Or is he still there?
Speaker 8: I think I believe he is.
Speaker 5: I'd like to crunk it, Dan, Yes, who was calling?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 5: Crunk that?
Speaker 8: No, that was terrible junk there.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Dan, I'd like to crunk fan and sixty year old guys calling it. K doubasis running this. Ky doubasis running this.
Speaker 8: Not a local FM radio when we were growing up.
Speaker 2: Yup, Yeah, I mentioned this story last hour Cam Newton was on the Travis Hunter. Travis Hunter has his own show, his own podcast. Here's Cam Newton on being the first overall pick like Carolina.
Speaker 14: We when I was the first pick, I went into a locker room of losers.
Speaker 8: How did you under the pressure being the top pick.
Speaker 5: Let's put it in perspective. You're the top pick because what.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 14: You're looking at it from a personal situation. I'm talking about from the professional situation. You're the top pick because that was the worst team in the NFL the year before.
Speaker 5: For me, I wanted to be the number one pick.
Speaker 14: You could potentially be the first pick, Bro, you have no way of impacting the game like a quarterback does. You can lock down the number one receiver, you can make impact plays on offense all you won't, but it's still not like a quarterback. My issue is when I was the first pick, I went into a locker room of losers. Guys didn't know how to win, Guys didn't know how to prepare. It was a culture shot for the games.
Speaker 5: Don't know the loser is the wrong word.
Speaker 2: I went into a losing franchise locker room. Can we look at the roster when Cam was first drafted. Steve Smith is a Hall of Famer in my opinion. Greg Olsen was on that team as well. They had talent on that team. I wouldn't say those guys are losers.
Speaker 12: Yes, Marvin and Steve Smith was on that Super Bowl team that lost to the Patriots. Yes, just a couple of years earlier before they got Cam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 9: They had guys like Jonathan Stewart, running back, D'angela Williams, Brandon Lafel, Greg Olsen. They just added that's his rookieer, older Jeremy shockey players like that a mishmash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wouldn't say they're losers. The franchise was a losing franchise. That's why you had the number one pick overall. But he's saying to Travis Hunter, you can't be an impact guy. You can't be an impact guy like me because quarterbacks are the impact guys, not you being a wide receiver.
Speaker 9: Yes, who was the quarterback of the year before Cam got there? That helped him get the number one pick of the draft.
Speaker 5: This is a deep cut, Don mccowski. You know, I like where you had that. Yes, Marvin, Jimmy Clawson, Jimmy one and nine is the starter.
Speaker 11: Dang, can you beat up Jimmy Clawson? I think that was the one right That was one of the greatest Super Bowl questions.
Speaker 5: Miami Super Bowl?
Speaker 9: Sam Donald?
Speaker 11: Yes, Sam Donald? And I think maybe Matthew Stafford, What have you been?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 5: Was it Matt Weiner? Can you beat up Jimmy Clawson? Might have been Matt Weiner.
Speaker 9: It was definitely Sam Darnold because they were in the same draft. Bradford and you said to Sam Bradford, if it came down to it, you beat up you know where to go on that one.
Speaker 2: He was looking at you like, wait, are you really asking me this. Yes I am Yes, I am Fish in Pennsylvania, High Fish.
Speaker 5: What's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 15: Boys, love the show. For the Pandora she's trying. I think she's trying to sound a little like Lady Gaga, but you should rename her because this is going to stick with the program.
Speaker 2: Lady Gaga, Come on, let's ease up on Pandora. She committed to it and I appreciate it. She's a fan, she was in the hospital, she was sick, gave us a song, she put herself out there, and I respect that. Todd, You, of all people, should respect Pandora.
Speaker 8: No question about.
Speaker 2: Thank you absolutely. Tracy and Georgia. Hi, Tracey six.
Speaker 16: Two two point fifteen. Okay, I'd like to chime in on the Todd Fritz nickname stuff that's going on. You know, you've had a couple of names that had reference to humor in it, and I get it.
Speaker 5: But let's be honest.
Speaker 16: If we look at Todd in his attempts at humor, he's probably got a fifty percent completion rating.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not for.
Speaker 16: Lack of trying. Those aren't Jalen Hirts numbers. Those are JaMarcus Russell numbers. Okay, Now, the one thing that then you've always said is the most important thing on your show's content, correct, Yeah, okay, So why don't we name Fritzi captain content.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll mold that over Tracy.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's an upgrade from Captain Obvious. I have two captain titles.
Speaker 2: I know you were Captain obvious for the long you still are Captain obvious and then they started that commercial with Captain obvious.
Speaker 8: We stealing stuff left and right from us.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. Kevin Bacon, big time actors going to join us.
Speaker 5: Coming up.
Speaker 2: This is where Todd gets to bring up Wild Things, the movie Wild Things.
Speaker 8: That's really the only topic that got to do with it.
Speaker 5: I know Todd always goes, oh Man, wild Things. I'd love to talk to Kevin Bacon about that.
Speaker 10: And it interven put himself in the scene with something.
Speaker 5: Come on, take a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich. We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of and pop culture stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up each seven to seven to three DP show. Kevin Bacon won half of the Bacon Brothers ban. They have twelve albums they've released. They re released their song Philly Thing, Mister Philadelphia Eagle.
Speaker 5: There. Where'd you watch the game? Kevin?
Speaker 7: In New York City?
Speaker 5: How were you to watch the game with?
Speaker 7: Well, first off, I was all alone in my apartment. My wife went out to UH to dinner with a friend. And you know, there was that first call the first bat I what I consider a bad call, you know, on the first offensive play, and I think some of the neighbors were thinking.
Speaker 5: All the cops men.
Speaker 2: Do you think that your wife went out on purpose to leave you alone to watch the game?
Speaker 7: I think maybe, yeah, I think maybe she did. But you know, as you know, I moved to UH and she she was. She was there for UH for the second half. Kind of she's kind of a jack in the box when it comes to watching anything. She's up and down, it up and down, it up and down and Uh. The one thing that she sort of relies on when I'm watching any kind of sports is that she gets a foot massage. So that's kind of like our you know, that's how that's how we work it out. That's how we've stayed married. For so long. I will say that, you know, being a I moved to New York when I was seventeen, so I've been a New Yorker for a long time. And you know, I think we've probably talked about this before. I have this kind of strange relationship to New York and Philadelphia sports where you're really supposed to be on one side or the other. But you know, I'm a big, big Knicks fan as well as an Eagles fan. But the uh I found that the New Yorkers that I've run into recently and this I'm talking about, like many people have said this to me, knowing that I was a fan of the Eagles, that they feel they're very happy for Saquon, which I think is like kind of an interesting, you know thing that they feel like, well, it's great, you know, he's doing a great job done. I don't know if you would find that reverse.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: But are you the prototypical Eagles fan, Like if you weren't famous being an actor, would you be out there celebrating taken down like polls and everything.
Speaker 17: I would not.
Speaker 7: No, I would not. I'm I'm way too into self preservation.
Speaker 2: But this Friday I wouldn't go close to Philadelphia with that parade going on.
Speaker 7: I told my sisters that they needed to stay. I've got two sisters there, and I said, go inside and stay inside. It's going to be great. It's going to be great. I'm you know, I feel I'm always very happy when not just not just for the Eagles, for our for any sports teams, just just if anything great happens to that city that I that I care about. You know, it's a that's a good thing for a city. So I'm I'm really happy for him.
Speaker 2: I feel like Bradley Cooper feels like he's really close to getting.
Speaker 5: In uniform and playing for the Eagles.
Speaker 7: Yep. I think you know he is a he is He's the definition. He's the definition of a fan. Good on him. You know, I don't know that there's a you know who, who else do you have? Kevin Hart? I guess, and you know, I'm trying to think of well known Philly people.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could do a Buddy's like Eagle fan movie, you and Bradley and Kevin Hart.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, maybe, I mean you did do Selveral Lines Playbook, which is was was you know very much in that in that pocket. But it was a fun it was a fun day and and uh and and I'm happy for them.
Speaker 5: Did you cry?
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 7: I didn't. I didn't. Well, did I get I might have gotten a little misty. Yeah, I might have gotten a little misty. Listen, it's one of those games where it's you always have to remember that. A friend of mine sent send me a picture of his friend and they're both like big Giants fans, and they were watching the game and his friend Mark had fallen asleep on the couch. His head was back like this and he was completely out. And you know, for people that aren't Eagles fans, you know, it was not the most exciting, you know, thing to watch, or it was you know, just kind of whatever. But I for you know, it's it's all your point of view. I thought it was a blast.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if I go back to when Foles and the Eagles beat Brady, that's different.
Speaker 7: That was different. I mean that, And plus I mean what a that was such a crazy unusual situation. I mean that whole you know, that that was completely just never seen that before. I thought that was incredible. And and then how you know, ironic to have Nick Foles there, you know, I mean, I I would say that, you know, what's really I feel like there's something about Hurts that people didn't quite acknowledge. You know, there's a lot of there's a lot of talk about or a lot of feeling. I think that the that the that the team was only really it was it was having the kind of year that it was having because of Barkley. And for sure that is true. But it was really interesting to me to see you know.
Speaker 13: The.
Speaker 7: Uh, the the them them shut the the defense shut Barkley down to a certain extent, and then all of a sudden, you go, wait, wait a second, this is not a this is not a team that just has this great running back. You know, this guy is He's amazing. And I gotta say, I'm not a predictor. You know, people will always say that to you. But after that game against the Commanders, I I felt pretty good about it. I thought they really I thought they'd really looked good, and I thought I thought he looked really good.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think with Jalen Hurts, if you go back to when he was at Alabama and then got kicked to the curb in the National Title game. Transfers to Oklahoma. Then get he gets drafted in the second round and he's a backup. It feels like he's going to be a career backup. You had Carson Wentz. He was having an MVP like season, and then all of a sudden, it's like, you know, maybe Brock Purdy with the forty nine ers mister irrelevant, Like, you know, he can't be that great. He was mister irrelevant. And I think that people kind of harbored this opinion with Jalen Hurts. Oh, he can't be that good. I mean, he got Alabama didn't want him, and he went to Oklahoma. He's a second round pick, but he keeps he keeps proving people wrong. And if I look at his performances in these two Super Bowls, you'd be hard pressed to find a performance like that from other quarterbacks who have been in at least two Super Bowls. These are and you lost the one where he fumbled the ball, but he outperformed Mahomes in that game too.
Speaker 7: My wife came in at one point when he was running and sliding, and she said, why does he slide? I said, because he's such a smart quarterback, because he so knows, you know, how to you know, protect his body. It's just you get sees the big picture anyway.
Speaker 2: But he's like a supporting actor who becomes the leading actor. Like begrudgingly, you're like, wow, he's a leading actor because he's been that supporting.
Speaker 7: Actor, right. And it's also interesting because when that happens in our business, you'll see that and the first thing everybody says is, you know, I always.
Speaker 5: Liked him, but like JK.
Speaker 2: Simmons in Whiplash, they were like, oh wow, that guy's the leading yes, and then he ends up winning the Academy Award.
Speaker 5: Let me give you the full introduction. I jumped right to it.
Speaker 2: Kevin Bacon, He's going to be in The Bondsman for Amazon Prime Video horror series, and then you're gonna be in Sirens with Julianne Moore. Then you're gonna be with your wife in the Best you can You guys haven't been together in twenty years in a movie on screen.
Speaker 7: I'm guessing yeah, we haven't. And that's going to be at the Trybeca Film Festival. We're really uh, we're excited. I'm excited about all of those projects, honestly, and honestly, Dan I I just I never take it for granted that anybody has still giving me gigs. I mean, I really do appreciate it, and I've had it. It was I got all of those three parts are really really different, and that's the thing that is my life's blood, you know, being able to walk in different men's shoes, and I'm just so grateful that I still get a chance to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you probably get these roles because you don't take it for granted, like you're it just feels like, hey, what do you need me to do? I can do that. That's really been my Like there's an everyman feel to you. I don't know if you feel that way, but it's like, what do you what do you need to do?
Speaker 7: I'll say what it is is that someone will say what do you need me to do? And I'll say I can do that, even if I know that.
Speaker 5: I probably How much fun is it to play a bad guy?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 7: It's great. I love playing bad guys. I mean I have to say though, that that a lot of there's there's sort of this idea that bad guys are are more fun. I think it's mostly that writers sometimes have more fun writing them, because if you are the hero, you know, you kind of know that you're going to save the day. And and so I think sometimes writers will even sort of focus a little bit more on the on the antagonist and and just figure that the actor who's playing the hero is just going to deliver his heroic stuff. So when it comes to playing good guys, like the guy in the bondsman is certainly the hero of the show. I mean, he's he's battling demons from hell. He's become up like a bounty hunter for the Devil. But he's a But what's fun about that part is that he's he's kind of a mess, you know, he is. He's not the bad guy, but he's got a lot of bad stuff in his past, and he's made a lot of mistakes, and and he is a complicated character. So for me, it's less about bad and good and more about is it does the character have layers and his character complicated?
Speaker 2: Sitty on a Hill was great, but but we're done with that, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we did three seasons. That was three and out. I mean I was, you know, I'm happy to get the three. I would have loved to have kept doing it. I really liked playing that guy. But he was a very h He was a very complicated guy, to say the least. And you know, Alvis Hodge, who was you know, kind of my my, you know, colleague, so to speak in that in that unlikely colleague in that show was fantastic.
Speaker 5: He was, he was, Yeah, you ever.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, these things sometimes they circle back around.
Speaker 2: Who knows, but none of these like, you're not a sequel guide. So I'm looking at a lot of these movies. Is there a movie that out of the ones you've done where you go, you know what, you could have done a sequel?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know about that. I mean, I I what I will say is that the only movie that I've really they first off, they I did this movie called Tremors, and they made about nine sequels, but I wasn't in them. And that's always been the movie that I've thought to myself, it would be fun to revisit because just because the character was you know, so I just found the character kind of funny and it was interesting. He was such an ordinary guy and had this extraordinary situation where these worms were underground, and you know, and then if you saw him many years later and we actually developed it for a television series and shot a pilot of it and I really thought it was great and had a good time doing it, and then it didn't get picked up.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at this list. There has to be a movie where you go, I don't know about this, where you're talking to your wife. So Apollo thirteen, Footloose, JFK, Few Good Men, Diner, Mystic River, Animal House, Wild Things like, which one were you like?
Speaker 5: I got some trepidation about.
Speaker 7: This, definitely tremors. I had a little bit of trepidation about wild Things. You know, sometimes you think to yourself, we're making something that's kind of tongue in cheek and you know, sort of over like like like kind of big. It's like a big swing, you know in terms of like all the stuff that was going on there, and you kind of think, to yourself, are people going to get that? I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's it's a little over the top. But but listen, I mean I I I go into every one of them once. I once I say yes, and you know, we have a deal in place and the and we are going to start. I have to believe that they have a chance, Like I don't I don't go in saying this is probably not going to work. I just I it doesn't. It doesn't make for a good working situation for me. I want to go to work and feel like I'm, you know, doing my best.
Speaker 2: Did you keep anything from Apollo thirteenth? They let you keep your suit?
Speaker 7: I have a little piece I don't in my suit. No, I have a little actually in the other room. It's funny you mentioned that I have a little piece of I think I have a little piece of the shell of the actual lunar module. Maybe it's it's some little or maybe it's a piece of of of a suit. I'm not sure. That was an incredible experience, listen, I mean that was amazing. We actually, you know, in those days, if you wanted to, you know, simulate zero gravity, there was really no way to do. I mean you could do it with like harnesses and stuff that they took out, but it was very rudimentary compared to what you can do now with the computer generated images. So we actually went up in a zero G airplane and did you know loops?
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you throw up?
Speaker 7: I did not, but I had was. I felt sick for sure. I mean, we did it six hundred times, and so the NASA gave you very very strong anti nausea drugs, and I remember that Tom Hanks and Bill Paxton decided one day to kind of cowboy it out and not take this taking it and they did not look good through the day, but they were extremely sick.
Speaker 2: Great to have you back on the show. Good luck with all of these projects, and more importantly, congratulations on your your Eagles fly Eagles Fly there, keV.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot man, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Kevin Bacon, So The Bondsman on Amazon Prime Video in April. Netflix Limited series Sirens with Julianne Moore in the spring, and then he'll be acting with his wife. The Best You Can is the film Kira Sedgwick. How about we played the Kevin Bacon game. I'm going to let you have a cameo in one of his movies. Now, I'm going to take a couple out Wild Things. I'm taking out Todd that's disappointing, and I'm going to take Animal House out of there as well. So I'm going to lead Apollo thirteen, Footloose, JFK, a few good Men, Diner, Mystic river Planes, trains and automobiles.
Speaker 11: Oh, he's the guy they get into a race running down the street trying to catch a taxi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I don't even know if he's credited in the movie. There, Plane, Strains and Automobiles go. That's right, Yeah, tough, all right, Todd, A few good men, all right?
Speaker 5: Seatan.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know, I might take planes, trains and automobiles because even though they're not in the scene together.
Speaker 5: I love John Candy. I think he's just supremely funny.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: And I love that movie too. I'm I might take plane, trains and automobiles. Marvin, how about you footloose?
Speaker 8: I want to learn how to be a great breakdancer in two hours.
Speaker 5: Let's dance, Uh, PAULI.
Speaker 9: There's no wrong answer. I love I'm gonna go JFK. JFK's an all time flick. And he had a great scene and that will be.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Diner because you had, you know, football theme in there with the then Baltimore Colts and she had to answer the trivia questions and a great cast in Diner.
Speaker 5: By the way, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 9: The scene in Diner where Steve Guttenberg's character is quizzing his fiance before the wedding, and they're all waiting nervously, and he walks out and he goes the wedding.
Speaker 5: Is it's off.
Speaker 8: Great?
Speaker 2: In Baltimore. You had Mickey Rourke there. They had a great cast there, great cast. All right, take a break, Phone calls, Last call for phone calls?
Speaker 5: What we learn? What's in store tomorrow?
Speaker 1: After this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls, What we learn? What's in store tomorrow. The Eagles defensive back Cooper de Jean will join us on the program tomorrow. Also, Nick Wright will get both sides of the Chiefs Eagles Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day has been brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show, and the new stat of the Day song by Pandora.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 11: Just happy that Nick's schedule is cleared up. He's finally able to join us.
Speaker 2: Weird Darren in Michigan, Hi Darren, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Free to call in? Wow? Wow, Hey Darren.
Speaker 18: Hey, Hey Darren from Michigan. Five seven and a plump two fifteen. Hey, I heard that new stat of the day song and it reminded me of the iconic movie Blazing Saddles when Madeline Conn sang I'm tired all right?
Speaker 5: Deep cut there?
Speaker 11: Hey, I mentioned Madeline Conn earlier. Yeah, he's got a little bit of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't quite remember then, but uh I'm sure they we'll get the clip and refresh my memory. Uh see in Glen Dora, I believe see.
Speaker 19: Hey, hey Dan, what's up?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 19: First time at a time six two two fifty. Hey, shout out to you Dan and all the dang Man.
Speaker 7: You guys do an awesome job.
Speaker 19: Appreciate listening to you guys every day. Man. But I had a couple of things to call about. First of all, Pandora, keep the song, man. It's like build the dreams and the little girl falls off the benches and she's choking on a hot dog and they save her life, and he's like, keep this house, keep that song.
Speaker 5: It's a good song, thank you.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other thing is uh oh okay, sorry.
Speaker 19: The other thing I've been calling about I've been wanting to call about is I know you got your three and a half years coming up. And you know, I just want to know if Ritchie's working on that lineup. Ritchie, let's go.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 19: Oh no, we have to be on.
Speaker 2: Their final show. It's actually less than three years, but uh, I don't know if we're going to start working on.
Speaker 5: The getting closer to two and a half years in this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be before you know it. Football season is going to start again. This is going to fly by the spring summer. Here we go again, Darren and Nevada. Hi Darren, what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 17: Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call. I was curious. I was watching last Thursday after you guys had done your Dan and Dan show, and everybody showed up at the end to the event except for one person. So I was wondering, how come you even take Fritzy to Super Bowl since he just stays in the hotel. Wouldn't you save money?
Speaker 2: No? I need him on the show. I mean that's primarily why we're there. But as far as going out, I leave it up to the dan Nets. If they want to go out, great, But all I ask is you show up on time, do the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, we went to.
Speaker 10: A step dinner that you took us all out on Sunday night and we had a big company dinner Thursday.
Speaker 5: Oh you kind of had you felt obligated to go to those?
Speaker 10: Well some thought I should have felt obligated to go to the Apparently Wednesday, apparently I had to pick one day and I walked around Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, got some Poe boys and stuff. So it wasn't strict recluse.
Speaker 2: Just what they're now in Atlanta? Hi, Al, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Good morning, Dan? I have a trade proposal for the Browns. But first I also need to stand up for Pandora. She's a little freaky and I like it, great song, and everybody who's hating on her, they're just jealous. They don't have a wife as challenged as Pandora. And now, as for the trade proposal the Browns, they need a quarterback, right.
Speaker 5: So wait, are you gonna do? Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you going to trade kirk Cousins to the Browns for Miles Garrett.
Speaker 13: Kirk Cousins and a pickpackage, you know, like the first round this year, because then we don't need to roll the dice on a on a kid coming out of college. We know we're getting a good defensive lineman. And then you know we've been giving the next year's second round, and if that's necessary the year after that third round.
Speaker 2: Keep keep trying, all, keep trying, keep keep working it absolutely uh.
Speaker 5: This day in sports, His Street Paul.
Speaker 9: Nineteen sixty six, Willie Mays became the highest paid player in baseball. He signed a two year deal with the Giants for blank per year, for blank per year.
Speaker 5: Who would like to go first, Marvin, two.
Speaker 8: Hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I'll give it to you.
Speaker 9: One hundred and thirty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Can keep it moving.
Speaker 9: And in Tokyo, Japan, nineteen ninety James Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson the tenth round to win the heavyweight championship.
Speaker 5: Let's see anything else here.
Speaker 2: The Miami Heat swept the NBA All Stars Saturday Competition Slam Dunk Champ and the Long Distant Shootout Champ. Marvin, do you know who those players were? Nineteen ninety five Miami.
Speaker 8: Heats Harold Minor bloop. He said, three point shootout.
Speaker 2: It says the Long Distant shootout. So yeah, three point shooting content.
Speaker 12: Glenn Rice, God's crazy, man. I need to go somewhere and when some money.
Speaker 2: I know, Aiden in Utah, Hi, Aiden, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey? DP, I just got a quick ball to the ball bet here.
Speaker 1: Lebron James out play like plays longer than Lebron James Jr.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, So Bronnie is not going to be in the NBA, Like Lebron's gonna play longer than Bronnie is going to be in the NBA?
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying from here on?
Speaker 2: El?
Speaker 13: Correct?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody wanted to take him up on that bet. When it comes to Lebron and Bronnie, all bets are off. I you know, I don't know how long Lebron's going to play. I don't know if the Lakers are going to feel obligated to keep him. I don't know if Lebron's gonna let his son be cut. That would be embarrassing. So I don't I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah one, Marvin, absolutely not.
Speaker 8: You cut him, You cut me?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: If Lebron is retired, is Ronnie still going to be in the NBA?
Speaker 5: Or is he going to be in the G League? That's what Aiden is saying.
Speaker 8: Play for the main red clause.
Speaker 5: I believe, Okay, but he's so he's in the G League, so.
Speaker 8: He played some type of pro basketball.
Speaker 5: But he won't be on the Lakers. He won't be in the NBA.
Speaker 8: I don't think the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, if it's not the Lakers, it's probably not gonna be the NBA. Just say, damn, Look, he needs to he needs experience, he needs to be seasoned here. He's not just not ready for it. Yeah, I don't want him to be embarrassed again in stephen A. Smith to call the you know, the services to a father, a father to a father. You can't let him be out there.
Speaker 20: I'm really really trying to be as respectful as I possibly can be towards Lebron James, one of the top two or three players in the history of basketball, Number two in my eyes, a treasure to the game of basketball.
Speaker 2: I like that he had to put in if we didn't know who Lebron was, who's Lebron one of the.
Speaker 5: Two best players of all time or three oh three number?
Speaker 2: Stop this, stephen A should be more concerned with Michael Jordan's son than Lebron's son.
Speaker 5: Just saying Todd, what'd you learn today?
Speaker 10: Steve Young almost became a Denver Bronco. He decided not to, but his wife and Mike Shanahan did push for that.
Speaker 5: Satan.
Speaker 11: What did you learn today? Kevin Bacon moved to New York when he was seventeen.
Speaker 8: Marvin Kevin Bacon may have cried on Sunday, Paul.
Speaker 9: Ironically, Kevin Bacon was nervous about tremors Keeper's Heart.
Speaker 2: New and unique style of whiskey, combining the best of Irish and American whiskeys. And it's a smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskey is all mixed together, and the result the best Irish whiskey in the world. Please drink responsibly. Thanks for joining us. Talk to you tomorrow.