Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and Arms live kind of from Studio C at a dimly lit room deeple from the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications Compound. And today on a Friday, we are in the toilet under the title of the show Great Scott. It's a rare triple title day number one.
Speaker 1: Pearl Harbor more like Cringe Harbor or March Madness is highly upsetting?
Speaker 2: Or why does everyone want to bust a Philly?
Speaker 1: The lip Buster closer than ever to being done away with?
Speaker 2: Wow, I thought that was one of your titles yesterday and we never got around to talking about it.
Speaker 1: More endangered than pandas the Filipbuster. That's correct, Yes, I've held it over, but cleverly reinvented it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good topic. I didn't follow any of the March Madness. There were upsets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Actually the Biggie was a tiny little High Point University beat the mighty Wisconsin Badgers in the first round on what were their seeds there? Michael, do you know offhand? No, it's funny, Yeah, I was just being a big ten fan. I was kind of just fixated on I can't believe Wisconsin locked because they look like world beaters.
Speaker 2: But on my racket in front of me, I know that I had Wisconsin winning. So that's a bad start. Somebody looked that up. Please, I need to know. Is that a thirteen to four Wisconsin? Well, let's the well, somebody's going to look it up, Katie. Is business looks right as we speak. Look at a bracket, any bracket.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about Wisconsin? Number twelve seed high point total high five?
Speaker 2: It's always twelve fives. Yes, you were the eyes of the twelve five. And I had a twelve five upset because there's always a twelve five upset. But it wasn't that one done it. My back bracket has already busted. AnyWho. I woke, uh, I got a really bad sore throat middle of the day yesterday, and my son came complaining to me that he had a sore throat. So that's what maybe life has too. Seems like a heck of a coincidence that he and I both have sore throats. Anyway, So I started to chat gpting that and there are a variety of diseases rolling around. Have got that, So I hope I didn't bring anything into work to make anybody sick, but.
Speaker 1: Anything prominent on the list of because I'm curious what my sweetheart has.
Speaker 2: I thought thought it was blue but you, I thought you had determined it was the flu. Now, well, we were.
Speaker 1: Exposed to a guy who was coughing up along and then was diagnosed with the flu two days later. So that was why Sherlock Holmes, like you know, deduction, Yeah, coffee up.
Speaker 2: So he coughed and one of the lungs came up out through his mouth. Briefly he sucked it back in. That's what you gotta do quickly. Flu was on the list the top three choices though for things that could be a sore throat and you're feeling sick, so anyway, maybe let me talk about that later, because there are three particular things floating around the United States right now that involve a sore throat, and that'd be good news you can use in case your kids or you end up with a sore throat. Just saw that Israel killed another high profile dude, this time the spokesperson for the Republican guard has been snuffed. Wow. He probably didn't have much to report other than somebody's been snuffed anyway, So I have a report. More of us have been Well, my boss is dead, now I'm dead, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I read an analysis by a actual authority on Iran that said the idea that well, next man up. It's just it doesn't go like that in running governments. Uh, but there you got levels of expertise, respect, connectedness, and man when you were remove layer after layer.
Speaker 2: It's it's a serious thing. Yeah, I would assume that it has to be. I think the respectedness, a word I've never said before, has got to be a lot of it, because you know, in a regime like theirs as well, Yeah, but you start ended up with a third in line in charge and then and then you know, all of a sudden, that person's orders or decisions are like, eh, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: You never been really impressed by him anyway? Yeah, Yeah, but I don't. I really don't know, and I suppose none of us actually know. So I taken a lot of coverage on the war. I'm super interested in this. It's a very very big story. It's it's hugely important.
Speaker 2: It could it could get even more historical with a couple of you know, zigs or zags any day now on the trajectory of this thing. But the coverage of like some of my favorite pundits say, this is insane, the coverage of this war by the mainstream media. They act like we've lost, but we've taken out this, We've taken out that, we've devastated this. They can no longer do that. I mean, the list of things that we've done to them is just off the charts. But mainstream media is treating it like we're losing. Okay, there's there's that, and that, you know, makes an impression on me. Then there's also the Benjamin Nettan Yah who yesterday gave a speech saying, there's a decent chance the regime survives, so we need to look at it this way. Okay. Was that an admission that they took our best shot. They're still there and we don't think we can take them out? Is that what that is? And it could be? And if so, then you know where are goals at that point?
Speaker 1: I guess t weaken them to the point that they can't disrupt global commerce and develop a nuclear weapon. It's the I think the narrative that there has to be one goal otherwise you don't have a goal, or that you're aimless, is not realistic. When you're taking on a challenge as big as Aron, you're going to reduce their capacity to export you know, terror and chaos to whatever extent you can. A regime change would be absolutely wonderful. But if it turns out that would be too much work, well then you just new to them.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess the problem is without a regime change, do we get the straight of horror moves open back up? And getting the straight of horror moves open back up is got to happen at this point.
Speaker 1: I think so because of the incredible asymmetry of power. It might take a while, but you know, every time they take out a tanker, we take out a city. I mean, after a while, they'll get tired of that. Not to mention, we'll lop off another layer of command and control and the political leadership every time. Yeah, they'll they'll they'll give in.
Speaker 2: What I hope is happening is the people that are making the argument that yeah, they look like they've got their act together a little bit from the outside but they are a house of cards at this point that's just going to absolutely crumble any moment. I hope that's the case. And that sounds right, doesn't it Based on just what we're talking about about taking all taking out all the various levels of leadership, then the next guy, than the next guy, in all these different parts of their military capacity, that at some point it's just going to collapse. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to sound cynical or anything, because there are actual lives at stake, but this is so interesting to watch. You have a complete, you know, decapitation of a regime. It's degenerated into like you know, a region, both geographical regions and regions of power, like just no central flow of power.
Speaker 2: It's all kind of atomized. I guess the word would be.
Speaker 1: What that looks like in two months, six months a year? Is just super crazy interesting from a political science perspective, I have no idea, particularly given the utter hatred of the regime by huge swaths of the population, right, I mean, how does that dynamic play out? Can you just rebrutalize the population over and over and over again?
Speaker 2: And who knows? It's terrible but interesting.
Speaker 1: So Israel, thank God, you're American right now, friends, right now, Thank whatever God you hold dear that you are an American citizen. If you are, if not, welcome to our land. I hope you enjoy your estate.
Speaker 2: Learn to speak English, and don't overstay your visa. I tweeted. I tweeted out a guy standing there reporting where a missile felt like the block away from him. Did you see that? And that's what I tweeted yesterday was I'm glad I live in this country where that can happen. There's a lot of places in the world where that can happen. It can't happen here.
Speaker 1: The son of the president of Iran is keeping a bit of an online diary during the conflict, and some of the things he said are really really interesting.
Speaker 2: We'll get into that maybe next hour. Oh wow, that sounds good. Israel did make a statement yesterday that they're not going to attack any more energy infrastructure without our going along with it. So whether they stick to that or not, I don't know. Yeah, and it could be. I feel like that kind of hurts the whole The Jews are driving this and we're just their puppet narrative.
Speaker 1: Which is idiotic. Please if you're saying that you're an idiot. Stop saying anything. Idiots should be seen and not heard. It is also entirely possible because the whole we knew about it.
Speaker 2: We didn't do a about it. We gave him permission, we did.
Speaker 1: That's just it's absolutely entirely possible that as we coordinate with Israel, slightly different sets of goals. And we'll talk about that too, But Israel said, look, we've got to demonstrate that we're willing to take out their energy infrastructure.
Speaker 2: That's going to be the only way to get them to give.
Speaker 1: And we said, all right, one sample of how bad it could get, and then then we cool off because we don't want to upset the world markets.
Speaker 2: And there's you just said, okay, we'll take out this fit. That sort of thing happens all the time in war. Can you don't tell the New York Times, Maybe don't tell anybody for twenty five years when the when they exactly right papers are finally released. Let's start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Friday, March twentieth, the year twenty twenty six, where I'm strong and getty, and we approve of this program. All right.
Speaker 1: Let's begin then officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go. The show starts at mark.
Speaker 2: Those are the student to play by play announcers.
Speaker 1: For a high point of beating Wisconsin round one, they're jumping up and down, hugging each other.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, no kidding, you know. And there's always so much excitement and happiness for the twelve that upsets the five or any big upset in the march madness, and nobody ever talks about the kids who've worked their whole lives. This is their senior year. They're not good enough to be in the pros. This is this is it, this is their whole thing, and they were gonna enjoy the tournament and they got knocked out by a team that's not even close to as good as them, and they'll never get over it. Hey, it sucks to suck, all right, should have won.
Speaker 1: It sucks. That might end up being your quote. Oh no, I stole that one. It's a friend of mine uses that. We often use it on the golf course.
Speaker 2: It sucks to suck, sucks to suck. That's pretty funny, Okay, We've got Katie's headlines on the way and lots of news to get to stay here. H MPV is what chat gpt is said, is really going around that starts with a sore throat. HMPV. You don't meta panoma virus. Oh, that's what I was afraid of RSV. Oh. It's a bad feeling, but at least me strap is what fits the pattern the most, and that's very contagious. Yes, it's a fast tard.
Speaker 3: Hope.
Speaker 2: I didn't give it to your handsome when I was breathing on you yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's the traditional kiss you insist on at the end of every show for years. Begged you to stop the superstition. All right, let's figure out who's reporting on. It's the lead story with Katie being Katie.
Speaker 3: All right, all the major news networks talking about Iran, ABC, US, target's mind lane, vessels in the Strait of war moves amid blockade disrupted, disrupting global oil markets. NBC fears of an all out Israeli invasion mount in Lebanon, and CNN analysts warned the war could keep prices high for years as energy infrastructure is damaged in the region.
Speaker 2: I tend to doubt that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of alarmism because it gets clicks. Be Afraid is the most powerful clickbait that exists on Earth.
Speaker 2: It's gonna stay big, It's gonna stay high forever because that energy infrastructure was damaged. Is a stupid take. Who wrote that? It's just a stupid take? Clickmit garbage news.
Speaker 3: Nation Transportation Secretary Warren's travel chaos will only get worse.
Speaker 1: They've got to settle this whole stupid DHS thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. We can get into it later if you want.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's a publicity stunt by the Dems, and you're the victims.
Speaker 2: From the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Tesla finally has its first semi truck and it's a hit with truckers.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I was reading about it. Very impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, between the technology and a good solid five hundred mile range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen them in person. They have that super Fancia Car Museum in Los Angeles. They have them on display. There's something else. God, what are they weigh though? My cyber truck weighs seven pounds because the batteries are so heavy. What is the whatever trucks weigh it's got to tear the hell out of the road. Huh.
Speaker 3: From Wired Robot goes berserk in California restaurant, dragged away by staff after smashing te That's awesome. They had it in dance mode and it couldn't They couldn't get it to stop.
Speaker 2: Dancing and video.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it was dance flailing and breaking stuff and they're trying to wrestle it to the ground once so.
Speaker 2: I start dancing. I can't stop either.
Speaker 1: Shop here a dance dandtan stand dance stance dancing machine.
Speaker 2: Daily Mail.
Speaker 3: Venomous flying spiders guise of a human hand are spreading across the United States.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm having this weird dream that I'm doing the show and they're flying spiders in the world.
Speaker 2: I gotta wake myself up. Flying spiders the size of a human hand. Good lord, Wow, I'm moving. You gotta bring us that whole story.
Speaker 3: Where are they spreading across the United States?
Speaker 2: Starting from where? Oh? I don't know. Okay, we gotta we gotta go deep on this story.
Speaker 3: They originated in in Asia.
Speaker 2: Another sneak attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it started on the East Coast. They've been seen in Georgia, Tennessee, and the Carolinas.
Speaker 2: Okay, also in California got to build a wall the Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, that's right, but they've been seen in California as well, so you screwed.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Study fines nineteen million Americans have seriously thought about shooting someone seriously thought about it. Yes, according to this headline, it's a national survey.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, does that include like a home invader? I mean, because anybody who owns a firearm had better think seriously about it and make sure you're mentally prepared to use it.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's if you can. I don't think that's what they mean. I don't think well.
Speaker 3: And finally, finally, the Babylon Beat California celebrates installation of single La trash Can. The cost four hundred billion dollars and took eighteen years to build.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's close to right. Fantastic. So we have venomous flying spiders the size of your hand. Okay, yes, that seems like the headline of the day, really, and a bunch of other stuff to get to. We'll fill in all those stories for you. Hope you can stick around armstrong and getty. It's Friday. So here in a couple hours we'll start drinking daktries. That's what we do on Fridays. Last hour of the show's gets a little blue. So if you can't.
Speaker 1: Han'clock in the morning's a little early for me. But you know, I'm a team player.
Speaker 2: So you can't handle the blue hour when the dakery starts to sink in, you know, and maybe you're not the you know know, you don't have the stuff for this show. Maybe that's the case. Wow. We'll get to the how we'll start the bactries later, but there's a fair amount of news to get to. We got to get to Trump sitting with the Japanese Prime Minister here in a few minutes. In case you haven't heard it, it's all time for both my kids, because I said, this is one of Trump's all time great.
Speaker 1: Good lord cringebor, as I said during this oh my gosh, introduction. All right, but first it's the Friday tradition. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was.
Speaker 2: It's cowl clips of the week week. Won Let me tell it, we one we've not yet seen any proof of life from moshtaba kama i e the last.
Speaker 3: Job anyone in the world wants right now, Senior leader for the IRGC temp jobs.
Speaker 2: You went down the stairs. He was headed outside for something hid like this, dude, as Iran keeps its iron grip on the straight of horror mood.
Speaker 4: And we didn't tell anybody about it because we wanted surprise. Who knows better about surprise than Japan. Hey, why didn't you tell me about Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 2: He told the media that I was a freaking snake, sir. And you offer no apology today and no regrets.
Speaker 1: Dueling with two consentents also still there, I was pointing out what an.
Speaker 4: Illegal for one hundred and seventy years.
Speaker 2: Governor of Texas Greg Abbott coming out saying we are not going to do Caesar Chavez Day, which was that Senate He believed in non violence except against thirteen year old girls if he was horny, and the nation used to hardship. If you want say, the situation has never been worth.
Speaker 4: I do believe I'll be the honor of having the honor of thinking Cuba.
Speaker 2: Ok Sean, you.
Speaker 3: Were called Officer pouncy multiple times.
Speaker 2: I got the right to kick a can in my backyard.
Speaker 4: Use my freedom of speech, turn my bad times into a good time.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. And I think I'm a sport for dealing. So we're all on a spectrum, right.
Speaker 3: It's just how society kind of push pushes us and pressures us into these limiting gender roles.
Speaker 2: And so to be able to just be roaming the Santa Monica Mountains looking for seeds in that sacred solitude was such a blessing. Mama has the icks so bad, she looks like she's about to legit. I'm alive, her husband, why do you not use capital letters? And as I said it, I felt myself developed osteoporosis, like from how old I was best? It's clips of the week lot there that clip Gavin Newsom's wife. Society push pushes us into gender roles. Oh my god. If she honestly that drum, if she as lady, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: We have more from her. She's really speaking out lately. She is a limousine Marxist. It occurred to me she is the perfect example of that phrase I love for Matt tayeebe upper class.
Speaker 2: It's promoting revolution anyway. Uh, that whateer if there's that would be a tough situation to be in. I mean, because obviously Gavin could be thinking, she is not helping me get to be president of the United States. But how would I tell her to shut up? May That'd be a tough situation.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Gavy is getting a fair amount of attention online. Over the last twenty four hours or so, he appeared at some stupid event with I think it was criminal Rob Bonta, the Attorney General. But Gavy's standing in the background, just twitching NonStop and rubbing in his nose and pacing back and forth. And I've never seen anybody behave like that unless they are, you know, a coked up be on meth or c like waiting to go in for the interview that'll make or break their career.
Speaker 2: But he is just twitchy, really interesting, interesting, right, Okay, uh, Michael, We're gonna play clips sixty. So the setting here is Trump is in the Oval Office with the Prime Minister of Japan, who is a woman, first time they've ever had a woman prime minister. She is quite a hawk on China and protecting Taiwan and that sort of stuff, and she is a friend of the United States. It's uh, it's good to have her in charge of Japan. But oh yeah, a huge step forward. Trump, as he often does when he has world leaders there, starts taking questions from the press, and you'll hear the question.
Speaker 4: Let me pick a beautiful looking person from a beautiful person from Japan, A question for the Prime minister. Go ahead, yeah, oh he doesn't really, Oh he's just selling chet go ahead.
Speaker 5: Of us, know Japan, and this is a very good friend. But one question, why isn't use allence in Europe? And yeah, as like Japan about the wol before looking out. So we are very confused about we're telling.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing. You don't want to signal too much.
Speaker 4: You know when we go in, we went in very hard and we didn't tell anybody about it because we wanted surprise. Who knows better about surprise in Japan? Hey, why didn't you tell me about Pearl Harbor?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, do you believe in surprise? I think much more sound than us.
Speaker 2: So cringey god, And the Prime Minister is sitting there with a blank expression in her face, like this moment. Let's let this get past this moment.
Speaker 1: Oh man, go to another question, right, exactly, Witch, this is Mike Zelensky. You have no cards moment, got to stay calm, right, right, So I'll just.
Speaker 2: Give you a smattering of the reactions.
Speaker 1: There are a number of people who are offended or pretending to be offended in Japan and other you know places, including the capitals of the intelligency in the United States.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's dwell on this before you move on. Sure, let me think, Oh, yes, I hadn't thought about the idea of being offended. As Japan it is everybody's always everything's always got back to go back to the Hitler in the Nazis. But like, if it was Germany and you make some joke that like equates to the current current Germans with the Nazis, that would definitely be offensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you made some comment about, oh, you're gonna put the cake in the oven, that's not the same ovens you used for you know, the Jews more about.
Speaker 2: Ovens than the than the Nazis. Huh huh, yeah, all the ovens.
Speaker 1: It has an element of bringing up an incredibly painful and unpleasant chapter with a friend.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's similar. I mean, they had an out of control an nihilist, militaristic society at the time with enormous popular support with them. So there's that the emperor is a god, et cetera. Uh SO TV commentator said it shows an unpleasant side of President Trump. He doesn't care at all that the Japanese Prime Minister is sitting next to him. Here's A professor of Japanese politics at University of Tokyo said that many Japanese would probably shrug off the joke, seeing it is just another over the top remark by mister Trump. Yeah, he added, this is something that absolutely shouldn't be said. You might just start saying things like Hiroshima and Nagasaki were fine, weren't they For Japanese people, we can't accept that. I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: This will come and go like a summer rain already, has I suppose Yeah, yeah, I will tell you this. And I didn't get permission to tell the story, so I'm going to keep it vague. I have a friend who was in South Korea on business and one of his coworkers is Japanese, and they went to a South Korean museum and there were so many exhibits of when Korea was sneak attacked by Japan.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was a theme that happened over and over again.
Speaker 1: Perhaps one person started nicknaming the other person's sneak attack because the Japanese were so repeatedly into that.
Speaker 2: And how no, and how did the person of Japanese persuasion take the nickname? I was laughing.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask did they find that funny? Or I have no idea. But the point is Trump was right. He was one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily you want to bring up your friend's worst a moment in front of them.
Speaker 4: Probably not because we wanted to surprise. Who knows better about surprise than Japan.
Speaker 2: Trump was right? What does that mean? What do you mean Trump was right?
Speaker 1: Well, Japan and the sneak attack are practically synonymous.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're experts, you're experts. I don't know if you put that in the category of right. There's lots of things that there are gazillions of things that are correct, but you don't save them.
Speaker 1: That's right up there with origami and sushi. It's part of the Japanese culture. It was just observing that he.
Speaker 2: Was paying tribute to their culture. Oh my god, at least he didn't bring up Godzilla. You guys said, you guys did a very good jobagating Godzilla under control. I took my cat to that. Tell you what a couple of subway cars. But you know, what are you gonna do? Yeah? No, it was terrible. It was absolutely terrible. But of no great last No, he is so unbelievable. He's one of the more unique people who have ever been of prominence in the history of the world.
Speaker 1: And I would love to know. I guess we'll know maybe going forward. How much of it is the media and the swamp were so brutally unfair to his first administration.
Speaker 2: He's got an f it, f you and f it attitude going.
Speaker 1: Plus he's got the old man filter going away thing, So how fasten your seatbelts?
Speaker 2: He might here's what I like at it too. I also need to be vague so I don't hurt anybody's feelings. Somebody I know when I was a kid, that's bothered me. When I got older, I understood what was happening. There are some people that their personality is they always like to have you uncomfortable and on your heels, even if they're you're not liking a negotiation or anything like that. They just want to have you a little rattled. That's the way they live their lives. They want everybody around them to be a little rattled. It puts them in a position of power or comfort or I don't know what it is as a psychological trait. I think Trump is that he likes to have people around him just a little off kilter in case he needs it. I think so, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we wanted surprise. Who knows better about surprise than Japan.
Speaker 2: You should have told me about Pearl Harbor, which of course was a weird thing since nobody was born at the time.
Speaker 1: But little Tora torah tora reference or something. Yeah, come on, come on.
Speaker 2: That is so amazing of the look on the Prime Minister's face and at this particular moment where they had stated twenty four hours previous that they were not going to help us out, and then they decided to sign on to that letter with all the European countries about helping us get the straight up war moves open. And how does a major win for Marco Rubio or whoever got put that together? And then Trump makes.
Speaker 1: The boy flatter and the crap out Trump too. Yeah, I mean, like to the point that she knew what she was doing and she was choking down her pride and all but figured out you got to do it with this guy and then that thing, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's just you know, and then kind of like the person that I'm imagining who used to do that all the time until I figured out, Oh, okay, I get what it is. You expect it, you get used to it. You know that's their personality. You might not like it, but it's just it's not as shocking as it would be coming out of somebody else where you're not used to it. And I think Trump's definitely that way. The Overton window for what behavior might happen in a conversation is much different in a room with Trump than with anybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and world leaders have definitely caught on to it. I mean, this guy is Japanese, so the Japanese people are legit famed for their reserve, and you know that they're not an effusive people. Jo, why didn't you tell us about Pearl Harbor? Well, he said, why didn't you tell me about Pearl r?
Speaker 2: Wait what?
Speaker 4: Because we surprise who knows better about surprise than Japan.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, WTF is the universal language? Because as her translator translates that to her, you see her face be.
Speaker 2: Like what he said? What? Oh Jesus. But she tried to keep her composure, but you know that look crept in. Oh my god. Okay, we got mail back next day here. So does your wife, Judy have any symptoms other than a sore throat?
Speaker 1: Just the general malaise and sniffles and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure out what's going around the country right now. It starts with a really bad sore throat. Since I've got one, and my son's got one and your wife has one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. M Oh, this is a great one from Churchill in war time, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies. Interesting thought, The truth is so precious should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies. Deception is part of war. Absolutely. Mailbag woo woot.
Speaker 2: Let's see we'll start with this.
Speaker 1: Barry, Oh, drop us a note mailbag at armstrung and getty dot com. Barry said, can someone explain to me on population decline in AI what the concern is about nation's experience in declining populations? And it gives some of the stats and say I will be eliminating untold jobs. Does it really matter if the population goes back to nineteen seventy five levels? Should also benefit the planet with regards to climate change, excess resource extraction, pollution, et cetera.
Speaker 2: If I'm being stupid, please inform me well from everything I read about demographics, the problem with that is it tends to be trends that keep going in a direction. And if you keep going to a direction of dot m kids, the population spiraling down really takes off. It's exponential the way the numbers work. You know, right to find some place to read about it, because it's amazing how quickly it can go down to a tiny number.
Speaker 1: And every Western democracy has a pyramid scheme welfare state, right, and that is going to be fiscally disastrous during.
Speaker 2: That low reproduction period.
Speaker 1: At some point it'll probably go away in some form or another and we'll probably have Lord of the flies, cannibalism, et cetera. But being being concerned about people not being born, how do you be concerned about someone who's not born is an interesting idea agreed now. On the topic of ses Archeves, Delors, Lauerta, etc. Tom writes, what happened to Dolores Wuerto was terrible. She got raped by cesar Cheves, not in a marriage, but she stayed, not in a marriage to protect kids, but in a business relationship to further a cause. That's a choice she gets to make if it only affects her. But she is his right hand lady, and it is it not possible that she allowed others to suffer because the man was the cause, and the cause was too important to get derailed by her coming forward to protect them. Why only after others came forward thirty years after his death did she say me too. I'm not trying to tear her down, but can we take a moment before we elevate another to hero status. Changing names and rewriting textbooks costs money. How about we do it only once she is in a difficult position. Yeah, I was gonna say, I hesitate to judge the actions and inactions of rape victims in the seventies, victims of very very powerful men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but interesting point.
Speaker 1: Christo and Reno reminds us that sees Archives Street in San Francisco was originally called Army Street for one hundred and thirty years. Maybe it's time to rename it that in honor of our fighting men and women. Let's see great analysis here on the around thing. We don't have time, and we particular early Jack, we're completely wrong about animal overpasses. Late in the show yesterday, gobble some delicious humble pie.
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, we got a lot more on the ways to here, Armstrong and Getty