Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Monday back in the home man Cave. Glad to have you along. If you're watching on Peacock or NBC Sports Network, or listening on our radio affiliates around the country or the podcast. Thank you for joining us. Gangs all here. The Minister of humor, Fritz, who did a wonderful job with the guest list in San Francisco seating, is here. Marv Paula, yours truly in the backroom, guys as well. Saturday Day has always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Keep your friends Close and your neighbor's closer. Kehe Palmer Stars in the Burbs, a new original series streaming now only on Peacock eight seven to seven three DP. Show operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your phone calls and we'll talk to Ross Tucker. Ross was working the Super Bowl last night, took a red eye, and getting off the plane this morning, said that he'll be ready to join us in about twenty minutes from now. Spend a lot of time talking about what happened last night. Bill Cower the Hall of Famer joined us as we broke down what happened with Seattle and what didn't happen with New England. And I know that there are football players, former football players who look at kickers and go they're not really football players. Well, the kickers helped win you the Super Bowl last night. Jason Myers had five field goals and scoring the first twelve points of the game. Keep in mind this is a guy who's been in the NFL for eleven years. He's the first player to score two hundred points in a season playoffs included. He finished with two oh six. Ladanian Tomlinson had the previous record in two thousand and six of one hundred and ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Stand a day, Stana Day, stant outa day, Stannata Day.
Speaker 2: This is the stant of the Day, brought to you by Pandi America. The holder for Jason Myers is Michael Dixon, who is the punter and he was incredible. He's an Australian born kicker. Three punts inside the six yard lines, so that can be the difference momentum and flipping the field, keeping New England with their backs against their goalpost and they could never recover because you limit your play calling when you're inside the five, and he did that a couple of times. So we tend to look at the kickers as okay, they're kind of a necessary evil. But those two last night, they were weapons. That was the best offensive weapon that Seattle had, aside from Kenneth Walker Junior, the third, who was wonderful some big plays. He had those moments where you go, how's he going to get around the edge, and he did it was very deceptive his speed and they kept going to him and he had a couple of big chunk plays and you know, the offense did just enough because the defense did more than enough to have that impressive performance. Yeah, Seaton.
Speaker 4: Having a punter do that regularly is like it's like having somebody in your friend group who does magic tricks or something where you're like, wow, that's awesome. At some point we're gonna need this. I don't really know when, but I'm glad that you can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, I had a friend in New York City, Pete Pete the juggler we called him. He was a professional juggler. He was in commercials and he had an agent, and you think, well that can't really help. But we'd be at bar sometimes and he would start juggling, and the girls would come over and we get Pete the juggler spill over. So it does work, like.
Speaker 2: Seton says, hmm, okay, all right, I never had a juggler with me and the bar. It helps, Yeah, apparently juggler spillover. Who knew there was juggler spill over?
Speaker 6: It helps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get a.
Speaker 6: Couple of lines from behind the bar, and next thing you know.
Speaker 2: He's he's juggling the lines, yes.
Speaker 6: With one hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pete the juggler. These uh, these women were easily entertained. Apparently, Hey we needed that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when you see that, you immediately know that that person spent a lot of time as a kid board in their room.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, like that's so what did you do?
Speaker 4: Oh, you spent a lot of time bored by yourself in your room just juggling balled up socks.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul, But he was like a good looking dude. He was like tall and good looking. So he had an agent as a juggler, and he went on like letterman and juggled. He filled in. Remember that Pete Sampress Wimbledon commercial where he's juggling tennis rackets. Pete the juggler did it for Pete Sampres. Hmm, that's pretty cool they'd paid the juggle.
Speaker 2: What's the poll question for hour two? See how hot are jugglers?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Smoking hot? Or I think if there's fire involved, or there is like machetes, chainsaws, then I'm impressed because I can juggle. Like if you give me three tennis balls, you can.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you spent a lot of time bored as a kid in your room, but I never thought to apply that when I went the bar.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, give me those salt shakers. I want to see something. Hey, you got your balls with you. I do always entertain.
Speaker 4: Now there is something else though, like when it's bowling pins and they're flipping. Yeah, that's serious because now you're flipping it. It's not just a ball that you grab anywhere. You have to flip it the right way. That's impressive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, Todd, I think you need to be juggling something that's on fire while on a unicycle, or something that requires balance with is a distraction of some sort other than how many things are gonna float.
Speaker 2: In It can't bring your unicycle in and I can't bring fire into a bar. I mean, just stor right, and I got some lemons here.
Speaker 8: Have everybody come out to the parking a lot for a little show and then they go back in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, but my guy Pete the juggler, he did those tiki torches and we catch them between his legs. Machetes out in the park at Central Park and we get kicked out of the park.
Speaker 5: Machetes.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the program already in progress.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: We'll get to your phone calls coming up. We'll have a new pole question for hour or two. David in Ohio is back.
Speaker 9: Good morning, David, Hey day, and I got a vest of work for the weekend. I'll go with the worst first. I had a family member that passed away last week. But you guys, this show got me through with the great lineup that Todd was a part of and just some of the great guests you guys had getting through that. So appreciate that. And then my best has got to be when Buddha in San Francisco called the show on a panel boat in the middle of my pubby coat when I watched it on Peacock and I thought that was like so awesome, So thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, David.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a chance to spend some time with Buddha and went to his restaurant and he was there every morning all five shows. And then he said, Hey, can I go out to McCovey cove and call you from McCovey Cove. I said, sure, Buddha in San Francisco joining us. Hi, Buddha, be my mad boys.
Speaker 10: Shout out to all the BRG baby, what's wrong Chrissy? First of all, DP Bill Cowerd needs to put some respect on the DP show name. You guys are all adaptable to careful what you wish for a coach. And I need a week off after that Super week Dan, that just happened here, But the show must go on. So I got a five minute poll question for you guys. Would you get married during the performance of the Super Bowl halftime show?
Speaker 2: That was a real That was a real ceremony. That couple got married last night during the halftime show with Bad Bonie. Now, it depends on how long I'm going out with my wife and if she was a fan of the entertainer. Yeh see is the story that they emailed Bad bunny and we're like, hey, do you want to come to our wedding? And instead he turned their wedding into part of the Super Bowl show. I think they invited him to their wedding.
Speaker 4: Yes, right, right, sort of like we get invites all the time to weddings and stuff. It's probably something similar to that. And he's like, why don't I just why don't you guys just get married during the Super Bowl show?
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin, should we officiate a wedding?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I've been asked to no, so you said yes, no, no, I don't want to. What else do you have? Buddha oh Boodo's gone, yes, don Do you have to wear.
Speaker 8: A whistle when officiating a wedding? You need to be a referee costume of some sort.
Speaker 2: Who groaned in the back Is that you seating? Did you groan? I didn't know somebody else all in the back room?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 8: Is that loud the walls of the control room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, cawerful reaction. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 8: You know, it was a little referee Joe and say it was a good one. It was just an officiated comment.
Speaker 2: I got to find out who groaned because that was a loud groan from the back room, almost unprofessor uh Brad in North Carolina. Hi Brad, what's on your mind today? And sub dp that was actually me gruning through hold best and worst of the weekend. And I know we're shifting subjects from the super Bowl, but Set Trumble with ice water in his veins to just execute Duke and then my worst of the weekend, John Shire pulling up page out of Coach K's playbook, just whining about the court storming and supposedly some staff number getting punched in the face, only punched the app and with Set Trumble punched them squarely between the ass. But thanks Dpe All right, Brent, Well, we don't know if somebody did or didn't get punched, but I think it costs North Caroline what fifty thousand dollars for storming the court. I'm sure they'll say it's worth it. I keep coming back to someone is going to get seriously hurt. I know we love it, and we're getting ready. We're getting ready for the storming the court coming up next month. Yes, Marvin, but why.
Speaker 11: Is North Carolina storming the court? North Carolin Central North Carolina? A and T North Carolina State should be storming the court, not the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
Speaker 2: There uh, Nick, and Irvine is back?
Speaker 12: Hi Nick, Hey.
Speaker 13: Dan, tudos to you and the boys coming all the way across country after the Super Bowl and showing up on Monday.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is awesome.
Speaker 14: I'm gonna start with my best commercial.
Speaker 13: I like the Budweiser horse raising that eaglet into an eagle that brought me up off the couch. I thought the game was mid. I thought Bad Bunny was mid. He's no Tito Puente. My worst football is the Minnesota Vikings, who are still sitting on a big fat zero super bowls and they traded a guy who has now won thirty one games over two years. And I will say this is that I was a board teenager in.
Speaker 14: My room and I.
Speaker 13: Only learned how to juggle two balls, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Nick, Thank you. By the way, do the Jets take credit for having drafted a Super Bowl winning quarterback?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 2: Do they somehow put out something social media wise that you know, our guy, we drafted him. He's a super Bowl winning quarterback. Anthony and California High Anthony, thank what's up, Dan?
Speaker 14: How you doing good?
Speaker 10: First time caller?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: And so I heard you talking earlier about how Drake May was the regular season MVP. I'm here to say that's not true. As a Raiders fan, I watched my team beat the New England Patriots in New England Week one of the season. I know that team's changed and players get better, but I just, man, after watching that game, I never believed in the Patriots.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 2: Well they got to the super Bowl, Anthony. Oh, yes, the Raiders did open up the season beating the Patriots. I don't know how you couldn't have any belief in them. Since they made it to the super Bowl, they're well ahead of schedule. The Raiders would love to emulate what the Patriots have been able to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, By the way, that's what's so unfair is that Gino Smith is just taking an unbelievable amount of strays today because they're like, man, the team he left won the Super Bowl and the team he went to has the first number one overall pick.
Speaker 16: That's just not necessary. Y.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. That is mean, That is rude, That is mean spirited. Yes, it's Marvin, and.
Speaker 11: I feel bad for this Patriots team because we can't put them in the same category as the Falcons when they played the Broncos and they got mollywopped, or the charges when they face Steve Young. We can't put them in the same category because they had a great season. But the Super Bowl is gonna leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth, like why were they even there in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got that feeling, and yes, people did talk. We talked about their schedule and it wasn't a demanding schedule. But still you play. You can't go to the teacher and go, hey, I want some extra credit here? Can we have a tougher game coming up? You play who was ever in front of you? It was enough for them to get to the Super Bowl. Did I think they were the better team? I did not, And as I said, with my prediction, I didn't think they were going to be able to score twenty points. That's why I said twenty four to thirteen ended up twenty nine thirteen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Marv, and I'm pretty sure all those teams were NFL teams. This wasn't right. Come on, let's not play this game. It's not like Alabama when they're playing Colgate.
Speaker 2: I don't think Alabama plays Colgate Tomato, Alabama Place, Crappensburg State.
Speaker 16: Hello, Hello, my apologies.
Speaker 2: Jack in Philadelphia. Hey Jack, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 5: VP?
Speaker 2: Amen, let's go.
Speaker 17: I'm a lifelong Pats fan. I want to talk about something that I saw last night. I haven't seen somebody perform like that all season and then fall in the biggest game of the year. And I'm not talking about Drake may on the left side of that line. I'm talking about Josh McDaniels. The fact that they got away from the run game after the defense is doing everything in their power to hold the minute six to nothing, nine to nothing, twelve nothing, and they were just letting themselves get annihilated by a four man front. The entire game was suffering to watch. So that's just my two cents. I know my dad's listening. Shout out, Dad, I love you, and I'll hang up and listen.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Jack.
Speaker 2: We kept wondering, like, where are the adjustments here? You know exactly what Seattle is doing. There was no secret there. Now, you might have had Witherspoon coming from a different angle, but you knew you needed help on the left side. I just kept waiting for something that was going to Seattle had rhythm. New England had to disrupt the rhythm of the defense, which is usually the other way around. Josh McDaniels didn't have a good night. You know, you knew that Drake May second year and felt like he was swimming swimming in the deep end with sharks. And but give credit to you know what they did. Mike McDonald is the head coach but also calling the defensive plays, and I thought that it was a aggressive we're going after him, and it's really what New England did. New England same way. They were extremely extremely aggressive, trying to jump routes. Collinsworth was talking about it was New England's philosophy seemed to be, if we're going to win it, we have to win it with our defense, because we're not going to win it with our offense. Seattle was like, we're going to put so much pressure on with our defense. Our offense only has to do a little bit here, just enough, and you got a great field goal kicker and a great punter. Darnold had a touchdown pass and Kenneth Walker kept New England's defense honest with a couple of those big plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah see, And it's almost like New England was so aggressive so early, trying to jump routes, that it spooked the Seahawks.
Speaker 16: After a quarter or.
Speaker 4: Two, it's like, why don't we just run a little bit, Sam, Maybe you stop throwing it so much.
Speaker 16: Let's see what Kennedy could do. And then the game changed.
Speaker 2: Game over and those plays. Then, you know, I give collins Worth credit because he said they're trying to win it. They're trying to win it with their defense. They're trying to put up a pick six or two, get an interception, get a phone, get something, and they didn't get anything there. Ross Tucker will join us more of your phone calls on this Monday, Best and Worst to the weekend. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 17: W ap.
Speaker 19: Steg gots here. I have a podcast Empire.
Speaker 2: It continues to grow.
Speaker 19: And I have brought it here to iHeart. I'm also doing a live radio show from three to five pm Eastern because.
Speaker 2: My wife wanted to kick me out of the house.
Speaker 19: It's called Stegatzi Company Live, which is available on podcast form right when the show finishes every single day. Some of the biggest names in sports, a lot of phone.
Speaker 14: Calls, I love you guys.
Speaker 13: You show it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 19: A lot of interact shit guys not taking themselves too seriously. Those are just some of the things that you could expect from Stu Gottson Company and Steve Gotson Company Live. So listen to Stu gods and Company Live and our original podcast. Please subscribe, rate and review Stu Gotson Company and God Bless Football. Taylor's livelihood depends on it.
Speaker 16: You do it today and you can.
Speaker 19: Check all of those out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: There wasn't much of a passing game last night for Seattle, but Cooper Cup in a sneaky way, ended up with five receptions and he's just the second player in NFL history with five or more receptions in Super Bowl wins with multiple teams. He joins Gronk, who did it with the Buccaneers. And the page.
Speaker 3: Stand of a day, stant of a day, start of a day, stant out a day.
Speaker 2: This is the Stule of the Day stat of Today brought to you by Panini America. E me, he had six receptions. I should have said five or more receptions for Cooper Cup. It's one of those where you're like, he was the bailout, you know, Jackson Smith and Jigba was hurt and uh, although Barner had a couple of big plays too, but you're and I like that. Chris Collinsworth says, you know, Kenneth Walker, he doesn't block very well and he doesn't catch very well, but he does run really well. Mike Rabel had this to say, what went wrong with the Patriots last night?
Speaker 20: We just have to not let mistakes pile up. Can't let one bad play turn into two bad plays, and you know, be able to settle down and be better early on in drives. You know that just wasn't the case. It was just kind of you know, we'd make a play here, install and you know we'd have a good run install and you know, so again just the competitive stamina, the competitive the physical stamina and the mental stamina that's required in these types of games.
Speaker 2: It's Mike Rabel, Ross Tucker, CBS Sports, Westwood One, NFL College football analyst and host of the Ross Tucker Football podcast, back at a home in Pennsylvania. Took the Red Eye out of San Francisco last night. How you feeling.
Speaker 5: Fine? Yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 21: I feel better than And then I would feel if I did what Fritzy thought I did. Fritzy texted me Dan Fritzy thought I flew to London to call the game on radio.
Speaker 8: No, I was double checking to make sure that he was in fact at Levi statement, It wasn't one of these things where he's in some studio in England doing it with his partner in England and they're just kind of doing it from there or something.
Speaker 11: But there's a question.
Speaker 21: So, Todd, you thought I was in San Francisco all week, including on set with you guys, and then you thought I flew to London from San Francisco to call game in a studio. It would seem like a very odd Back in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: That would be you got a lot of frequent flyer miles, but it would be very strange if you were asked to do that by the talk sports folks.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean, Todd, I'm one of your biggest supporters, but say it out loud, like say it out loud.
Speaker 2: First, I probably wouldn't have asked that question. He did talk about doing the game and the broadcaster from England was coming over to San Francisco.
Speaker 8: I know, but I've made mistakes in the past and it's still stuck in my head with like lines where we're promoting things that I've put you in a bad spot where that's not the name of the book or that's not the game that was on Fox or whatever. I'm like, so now triple and quadruple checking everything, even at the sounding stupid like I did hear?
Speaker 2: Okay, how would you sum up the first half ross?
Speaker 21: Oh geez, I never know. Is it a defensive struggle or an offensive struggle? And how much of that was good defense how much it was bad offense. I gotta tell you it was good defense, really good defense, but neither offense played very well, you know, And I gotta tell you, as a former offensive lineman, I was really frustrated and disappointed with how poor of a job both teams did picking up blitzes.
Speaker 5: I mean they ran the same Devin.
Speaker 21: Witherspoon blitz off the edge where he comes underneath the tackle six or seven times in the game.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure the Patriots picked it up once.
Speaker 21: There were mental errors by the Seahawks where guys were coming free. Interestingly, Sam Darnald did a better job of avoiding free runners like Milton Williams and not taking sacks than Drake May.
Speaker 5: Where you thought May had the advantage in athleticism and he ran for more yards, but Donald.
Speaker 21: Multiple times a guy came Scott free, he made a miss and threw it or ran or whatever. Meanwhile, Drake May is standing there and lets himself get sacked by a bull rush from Riley Mills or steps up into a sack. I thought the pocket movement, pocket presence from the quarterbacks was one.
Speaker 5: Of the differences in the game. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kept waiting for them to give a little bit of help on the left side of line or change up the rhythm here. It just they kept doing the same thing and Seattle kept doing the same thing.
Speaker 5: Dan, I'm so glad to hear you say that.
Speaker 21: You know, after the first sack that Will Campbell gave up, I said, any other pressure that comes from that side, that's on Josh McDaniels.
Speaker 5: That's on the coaching staff. And Josh was.
Speaker 21: My coordinator when I was in New England. I'm a big fan of Josh. He does a terrific job. But the kid was really struggling. I mean, he struggled the last five or six weeks. Everybody knew his confidence was shot. Everybody knew you could go speed to power, and so did the Seahawks, and they just kept doing it. And I was surprised that the Patriots didn't slide more to help him, didn't give him more chip help. I mean, that was one of the biggest differences in the game. Was it fourteen pressures or seventeen? I think he gave up fourteen pressures in one football game.
Speaker 2: And that's your blind side too, so you got two first year guys on your left side protecting your back. And but you know, I look at it as that that was an elite defensive performance, special teams performance. You got enough out of Kenneth Walker to keep the defense honest. Sam Darnold, no turnovers, and that's a recipe for success in a regular season game or a Super Bowl.
Speaker 21: Yeah, and Kenneth Walker, he's one of the craziest runners I've ever seen. I mean, Dan he almost never runs the ball where he's supposed to go almost never, and sometimes he gets in trouble and loses yardage as a result. But it'll supposed to be an inside run to the left, he'll bounce it way outside. It'll supposed to be an outside run to the left, he'll cut it all the way back behind everything to the right. And it cost him every once in a while. But you know, both teams were aware of it. I talk with both coaching staffs, you know, for the Rossnuger podcast last week. They knew if you're an O lineman D linman ty then whatever, you never know where the ball's gonna go with Walker. And look, he was very productive. He had a terrific night. He's gonna give you some lost yardage plays. I'll be very curious to see what the market's like for him and free agency. There's probably some pressure on the Seahawks to bring him back now he's super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: Moving forward. We talked about this leading up to the Super Bowl and even this morning. The Patriots are set up for success. Maybe got there a year early, but they do have young players. Don't have to pay Drake May yet. You got draft picks, you got salary cap money here and then you have Seattle, who was already made so moving forward here, Seattle have a better chance of returning than New England.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I think so, just because I thought over the last month or so, I thought the Seahawks were the best team of the NFL, and they prove that. The issue with them is that division is going to be tough. I mean, the Rams aren't going anywhere. Stafford said he's coming back. The Niners are gonna get Fred Warner and Nick Bosa back. That's sort of the issue for the Seahawks is just how competitive their division is.
Speaker 5: Conversely, for the Patriots.
Speaker 21: You know, I couldn't help but wonder watching that game then, it just feels like it would have been a lot more competitive if it were the Buffalo Bills, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and look they lost Buffalo. I'm sure Buffalo feels the same. I'm sure the Rams feel like they should have. How many teams do you think watch that game and said we could win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 21: Those two for sure, you know, and honestly a Bill's Rams game might have been even more compelling.
Speaker 5: But you gotta win. You gotta win when you're in the.
Speaker 21: Playoffs, when you have the chance the Rams had chance to be the number one seed.
Speaker 5: They blew it in that Week sixteen game.
Speaker 21: That kind of came back to haunt them, and the Bills had more than enough chances against the Broncos that they weren't able to get done. You know, I'll be curious also to see how Drake may comes out of this.
Speaker 5: He looked rattled. You know, he had an awesome season, but this playoff run. I think it wore on him.
Speaker 21: I don't know how much was the shoulder, but it was mentally like he was you know, there were times he was standing there like a statue. He was taking sacks. He wasn't as decisive as he should have been. He missed some throws. You know, I never know, Dan, and there's no way to know if there will be carryover in the next year from that standpoint, because you got to think, I mean, at a minimum, his confidence was not where it needed to be. He never looked comfortable. He never was able to get to a good place at all.
Speaker 2: And I put that on the coaching because you have to put him in situations where get a couple of plays, get comfortable, get any kind of rhythm. I would never have him that deep in the backfield because it just like he was sitting there. He was a target instead of and I said this to coach Kawer, I would have had the Tom Brady playbook. That ball is going to be out.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 2: They didn't have weapons, and it's easy to say get the ball out, but I certainly like that option better than having him stand back there and you know, seven steps back and letting them just go, hey, who wants to tackle him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like what happened as screen passes? I mean what happened?
Speaker 2: They had a couple of them, and then I just thought they gave up on the run as well, and because Seattle was like, I don't know you're gonna run. Okay, we're going after Drake may Well.
Speaker 21: And I mean Stefan Diggs at some point you got to throw the ball to him and hope he makes a play for you. And they didn't really do that. And I go back again to the Devin Witherspoon blitz. That's not pro football, Dan. I mean, in pro football, a lot of times, especially in a big game, the defense will have a new blitz. We used to call it the flavor of the week. Right, they have a new blitz. We haven't seen, so they get you on it the first time. These guys now have iPads or whatever they're called, tablets on the sideline. We didn't even used to have those where they can watch exactly how the blitz is coming.
Speaker 5: The fact that the Seahawks still got.
Speaker 21: Home with Witherspoon, including the game clinching play four more times, that blows my mind away. That Josh McDaniels and the Patriots coaching staff allowed themselves to continually get beat by essentially the same blitz that should not and cannot happen.
Speaker 2: Is Sam Darnold Allen's scholarship the rest of his career.
Speaker 21: No, I don't think it works that way, especially not with John Schneider in Seattle. I mean he's shown that with Russell Wilson, he's shown that. With Geno Smith, I mean, obviously he's in a terrific place and they're happy to have him.
Speaker 5: It is funny, you know what you guys should do or I should do.
Speaker 21: There were a lot of people, including a lot of Seahawks fans, that were not happy that they traded Geno Smith to the Raiders and felt like the organization was a being cheap and b that it was a major downgrade from Geno Smith to Donald go back, go back and watch.
Speaker 2: That, and the media, the Settle media too.
Speaker 21: It's for sure. And ironically, the Raiders went out in the opener. The Raiders and Pete Carroll went out in the opener and beat the Patriots, the team that I was like, the only win that Geno Smith and Pete Carroll really had last year. And obviously that team that goes to the Super Bowl. But I'm so happy for Dark. I mean to play for five teams.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 21: I think I told you guys this last week because I played for five teams. You're not that good because if you were really good, you would only play.
Speaker 5: For Water two.
Speaker 21: But you're not that bad because if you're really bad, you only play for Water two.
Speaker 2: Go get some sleep.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm going right now. I will literally be asleep by eleven am. It's gonna be epic a good.
Speaker 16: Time in London.
Speaker 2: Fritzie, do not do not get a hold of Ross.
Speaker 18: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like.
Speaker 8: Six hours later, it's like four thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ross.
Speaker 5: See you guys.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker, host to the Ross Tucker Football Podcast. Okay, we're gonna do this now. I mean you thought he was in England.
Speaker 8: He really threw me under the bus there that that was a text conversation that did not need to be brought up in the air.
Speaker 2: So you thought he was in San Francisco doing his prep work.
Speaker 5: I thought he was at Levi's.
Speaker 8: But I wanted to make sure that, for some strange reason, because he was doing the game for like the BBC, that he wasn't doing it at some studio in England. I just wanted to make up solutely sure so you wouldn't look bad and say it's something that wasn't actually correct. So by being extra careful, I look like the dope, which I am.
Speaker 2: Well, you got the BBC wrong, Sport, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, you know, England, it's all part of a's all into the England umbrella, the British, it's the UK, the UK continuing to screw it up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, I respect Fritzy but for checking everything because we gotten caught before.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but who did he check with Ross after the fact?
Speaker 8: Yes, Actually, Dan, I wasn't in San Francisco because, as I told you, I was doing a talk sports so I was doing the game at a studio in England. And that's all I would have needed to have happened on the air. I rather look like the dope this way.
Speaker 2: Well, how about a round of applause for Fritzy great John.
Speaker 1: I will take that.
Speaker 6: I will take that book.
Speaker 8: It's arrow every time for you think that he was in San Fransco. When he was in England by accent.
Speaker 2: How about we take a break. More phone calls coming up. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live Jordan in South Dakota, Hi Jordan.
Speaker 12: That's the worst of the weekend.
Speaker 22: And then a quick favor if you wouldn't mind. That's Sam Darnold as a Vikings fan.
Speaker 14: Very happy for him and his family.
Speaker 22: Yesterday worst the Timberwolves performance against New Orleans and the Clippers. Kui had a great game, Timberwolves not so much. And then finally, it's my oldest, it's our oldest Grayson seventh birthday. Big Fritzy fan was wondering if the script allowed a birthday shout out for us on Grayson.
Speaker 2: Ready heavy birthday seven years of age.
Speaker 14: Thanks that a great week.
Speaker 2: Thank you Jeordan Patrick in North Carolina. Hi Patrick, all.
Speaker 12: Right, first time, long time Bruce Lee five eight. My best of the weekend is Ryan Leaf flipping out on his old team doctor that he accused of giving Junior Seau pain pills. And my worst of the weekend is Ryan Leaf flipping out on his old team doctor and saying bleep you to the doctor, bleep you to the media, and bleep you.
Speaker 14: To Ross Tucker.
Speaker 12: I don't know how Roth Tucker got involved into this mixer got thrown in, but it was a truly amazing I loved it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Ross Tucker, I think was interviewing the doctor of the Chargers, and I think that he was kind of he was taken strays there he was, he was in the vicinity, and therefore Ross Tucker was brought into this. But I think Leif apologized for saying that about Ross. You can't say that about Ross Tucker. Nobody says negative things about Ross Tucker. The Ryan Leaf situation with the former Chargers physician, I don't I'm sure there's two sides to this, but I know Ryan had issues with him calling him out his treatment of Junior Seou. Ryan was a teammate of Junior Seals when they were with the Chargers. Anything else to add to that, Paul.
Speaker 6: Now that's about right. But like you said, they were at the media center right near where Ross Tucker was broadcasting. The doctor said, Ryan, let's go on Ross's show right now and discuss it. And that's when Ryan yelled a.
Speaker 5: Him little bit.
Speaker 2: Adam in Michigan, Hi, Adam, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey, how's it going? Dan?
Speaker 2: That's great, it's great.
Speaker 14: Best and worse were starting with Lindsey Vaughan. I mean, I'm three years older than her, and I wish I had a helicopter standing by at any point. But best was your guys' last week super Bowl. It's always one of my favorite weeks of the year when you guys do that there and you got two years ago now here, and I'm thinking about when that comes down to it in Atlanta, it's going to be a conflicting thing. I don't want you to have a farewell tour while trying to cover the super Bowl. At the same time, I think everybody's gonna give your show. It's flowers as they should, because it's such a big part of all of our lives, our fans and that sort of thing. And I'm wondering, if you just push it back one more week to Milford, you the super Bowl, you know, give it as due diligence, and then come back to Milford for one week, and then do your farewell tour, you know, and then get all those memories out of the way.
Speaker 2: What say you, Dan, I don't know. I'm kind of locked into that day. My career took off in Atlanta, and my wife thought it would be a good way to bring it back and my career there as well. Still have time. Let's look. I head to twenty twenty seven in Los Angeles, next year's super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Paulie, So the super Bowl is on Sunday, February fourteenth, Valentine's Day. How does that affect the plans for Valentine's Day for the bros?
Speaker 2: It doesn't affect mine.
Speaker 4: I haven't started thinking about this Valentine's Day, let alone. Next to is Valentine?
Speaker 16: What are you crazy? Well, said the hell you talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That could be awkward. Just you do it on Saturday night?
Speaker 2: Okay, But why can't she do something for me pay back time. No, it's just if it's love, and you know I love love, then she will love me for watching the football game. Yes, Tuna.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And we're kind of breaking out of these traditional roles over the years about this is what the man does and is what the woman is expected to do. We don't do that.
Speaker 2: I did say to my wife, and I was with my two daughters. We're watching the game. They're ready for the coin toss, and I said, Hun, I'm going to take heads and I'll give you whatever piece of jewelry you want if I'm wrong, but if I'm right, then you have to give me whatever piece of jewelry I want. She goes deal, and then I was, but I still maintain I thought Cooper Cup called it correctly, but he didn't get credit for it. I thought that there was a Jerome bettas like something happened during the coin tok Are you contesting this? I am? And she said, no, deal's deal, and I got witnesses. Yes, PAULI.
Speaker 6: The other thing about next year, Sunday, February fourteenth, the next day is President's Day, a holiday.
Speaker 2: We did it, Yep, we did it. Now you can have fun on super Bowl Sunday, Live it up. Does everybody get off that next and we have to work that next day?
Speaker 6: It's a national holiday, So maybe banks and postal workers and government offices.
Speaker 2: Okay, but not schools.
Speaker 6: Schools are off, most schools are off.
Speaker 16: Public schools.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So if it's like a government holiday, then anybody working within that sort of sphere would be off.
Speaker 2: But the other people are going to have to work like we have to work.
Speaker 6: Us the essential workers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah we are. I think we're essential workers. Christian in California. Hi, Chris, Hey Dan, how's it going great?
Speaker 22: First time? Long time?
Speaker 15: A tall five five and a half and a lean one seventy so I had a best in an actual bestis and then a quick futures pie in the face if anybody wants to take me up on it. So my best, obviously is the Super Bowl. This whole season that's been filled with all these analytics and go for it on fourth down. I didn't see a single fourth down go for it. This entire game was magnificent. I'm an old school guy. I love the three zero, the six zero, the nine zero, twelve zero, defense wins championships, Mike McDonald love that guy Raiders fans. I'm super happy there OS's coming to us. Alan Kubiak, and then my bestness was I live in the Bay Area, so I was able to stop buy on Friday and see you guys for your last show of the weekend. You guys were very gracious. It was a great show, seating, really nice. Guy shook my hand three times. It was really great. I've watched you guys for a long time, so that was really awesome, especially nine year were going to retire in about two years.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Christian Dave AND's Indianapolis, Hi.
Speaker 18: Dave, Hi Dan, welcome back. This is Dave in Indianapolis, Indiana, not Annapolis, Maryland. I got two items. One was Drake May needs to start dragging those three hundred and fifty pounds weights across the field because Witherspoon I think grabbed them by the shirttails and pulled them down. And I don't think the Patriots called one rollout pass play for May. I think they were all set dropped back passes and then he had to scramble for his life.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there were rollout passes only because of Seattle's defense. Made him roll out. I thought he was going to have like sixty yards running. I thought that he would be able to counteract that pass rush by running. And I mean Seattle did blitz, but for the most part, they put pressure with just their front four and that made it even tougher because you don't have those running lanes, because you don't have a defensive backer linebacker coming after him, that he would be able to use his legs. I thought Sam Darnold appeared more athletic than Drake May last night eluding the rush. And I never thought I'd be saying that the day after the Super Bowl. Two hours in the books, one more to go on this Monday, will give you our best and worst of the weekend. More phone calls coming up eight seven to seven three DP shell operator Tyler sitting by. He'll take your calls. Two hours in the books, one more to go on this Monday. Dan Patrick's Show