Speaker 1: Dudes from Carolina to Florence Park. Here we are joint practices back to back. We broke it down last week in the sun You myself, Quincy and noonwalkch.
Speaker 2: It's a lot better in the studio.
Speaker 1: Jets basically conclude training camp here their joint workout with the Giants.
Speaker 3: What stood up?
Speaker 4: I think this was a lot different from the Carolina Panthers practice. Yeah, I know we had a discussion about that being kind of a mixed bag. I think the Jets were intent in regards to showing who they are the standard today. And one thing I will say is this Jets offense score a lot of points with eight at quarterback. Some of the throws that he made, I know we're talking about this throughout the podcast, but one that comes to mind specifically is a seam route down the scene to Jeremy Rutger. He put it over the linebacker's head in front of the safety. We're only Rucker to catch it. But it was the velocity of how the ball popped out of his hands that was like eye popping to me, Like only like three or four quarterbacks were making that throw in the NFL. Again with him at quarterback, this Jets team is gonna score a lot of points.
Speaker 1: I've seen every training camp practice. I think the play at camp was Rogers to Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 4: Today, six touchdown, correct, and the protection was amazing on that play. And me, you talked about this, EA, Tyron Smith. That's a different dude. That's a different dude because he was going against Brian Spider. Burns was one of the top rushers in this league. And the way he neutralized him on that player, I hadn't seen anybody do Burns like that. Now, again, it's one play you're gonna get got in this league, that's what it is. But it was the way it happened, EA, that that really opened my eyes because it seemed like it was easy, right, and that dude went healthy. I think everybody knows this is one of the best guys in the league. I mean, he was a second team All Pro last year, right, and didn't even play a complete season, So I'll let you know how good he is. So again, the offense, and I think what people aren't talking about enough is this defense was top ten and sex I believe number seven in the NFL. Without having the lead in the game for most of the season. With this offense, the way that Aaron Rodgers looks, the way this offensive line is blocked, you would assume they're going to have a lead in most games or in a good portion of games, and that is going to really play well for how this defense is made up in regards to Robert Salad and this defensive line and Jeff Olbrich in the way he calls it, how they'll be able to pin their ears back and go get the quarterback. So again, I thought this was a much more of a dominating performance by the Jets.
Speaker 1: So I stuck with the offense most of the day. Yeah, so I'm gonna get to you and the Jets defense versus the Giants. Correct here in a couple of moments. The only thing that I think stopped the Jets offense today were a couple drops early early in the red zone. But after that, it.
Speaker 3: Was just the consistency.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, you feel like sometimes was Rogers playing quarterbacks is inevitable that you're going to get down the field and you're gonna get into score in territory.
Speaker 4: And I think the biggest thing compared to last year and this year EA to me was the protection.
Speaker 2: Yep, like Aaron Rodgers had time, like.
Speaker 4: They had a two minute drill at the end, and there was a play that Brian Burns was kind of banged up.
Speaker 2: He was behind the line. Even Robert Solid helped him up.
Speaker 4: But in Aaron Rodgers fashion, he rushed everybody to the line, hiked the ball before you know, Brian Burns could cross the line scrimmers, so it would be encroachment on the defense and it's a free play. That would have been a touchdown, but they called the penalty and they brought the ball back. And the next play, Aaron Rodgers gets the ball, tipped the line of scrimmage interception, but the Giants jumped off free So it's a free play.
Speaker 2: When I tell you there was four seconds left on the clock.
Speaker 4: The ball was at the two yard line, and the way he was able to go through his progressions because of the protection and then side arm, I don't even know. Do you know who the touchdown catch? That's right, they had to cross. They had I think a scissors concept right there. But it was the way that Aaron Rodgers threw it. He side armed it. It was ridiculous, Like me Joe Douglas were sitting in the back watching it, and I just looked at him and said, excuse my first, that's ridiculous like that, Like there's no way like he should be able to do that, like to throw it around a defensive lineman's head side arm, but to have the pace of the ball that was there to get it to Lazar so nobody's hands gets on it. Again, this is under pressure too, because this is four seconds. If he doesn't score right there, the Giants win the game, right, So like for him to be in that type of pressure situation to be cool, calm and collective what you expect for a god that's played twenty years. But it's just different when you see it up close in person.
Speaker 1: How about how many times the guy gets free play with the jumps. I mean, you played defensive line in the national football It has to be so frustrating playing against him. And he continues to move the ball down the field, so you're gonna get a little bit more fatigued, and you're in those situations where you want to get to the quarterback and here we go, it gets us to jump and the guy just gets free play after free play.
Speaker 4: I remember in twenty fourteen we did like a simulated team period based off of Aaron Rodgers in his hard count, because that's how good he is. Because we went up to Green Bay and played that year. He's gonna get like one or two a game, and you know he's taking a shot down the field, it's gonna be a free play. So the way he's able to inflict his voice to get off of a defensive lineman to jump and like you said, after rep like five or six, you're a little fatigue, right, You're not thinking that I need to wash the ball and not the sound canans right because it's too manute situation. There's no way he's going double canes on us. Aaron Rodgers will get you right and get a free play. And I think that's something that's gonna be added to this just offense as well, like the out of added plays the offense will get because he's able to not only get people to jump off sides, but like hurry up situations like I talked about the Brian Burns injury, Like when guys are trying to substitute, Oh, Aaron Rodgers will call a.
Speaker 2: Play at a lot of scrimmage to get twelve on the field.
Speaker 4: That's just what he does, and so you gotta think when you add that out throughout the years, throughout the year, how many more plays is the offense going to get because of Aaron Rodgers and being able to be savvy and do those type of things.
Speaker 1: But you were probably most encouraged about, aside from Rogers, to play the offensive line, because we talked about Brian Burns, Thibodeau, Dexter Lawrence, one of the best interior presidents of football, and across the board.
Speaker 2: Clean Pockets man did a nice shop, Clean.
Speaker 4: Pockets, And you really get to test that in two minutes because the defensive lineman, like myself, we're thinking about just teeing off and getting to the quarterback because knowing the situation, I think the Jets were down by four or.
Speaker 2: Five right in nineteen fourteen five points.
Speaker 4: I want to say, there was like originally like fifty eight seconds on the clock, right, only one time out, So you're thinking, like, you're not probably running the ball in this scenario, right, I can pin my ears back and go get the quarterback first play. You always worry about maybe they throw a drawl or screen of there just to get the offense going a little bit. But with fifty eight seconds. That's a little chance. You got a little bit more time you worry about that fifty eight seconds. Now they're throwing the ball, so you can pin your ears back. So for Aaron to have the pocket that he had right, says something about this revamped offensive line, says something about Tyras Smith who I mentioned, says something about Elijah Vera Tucker, you know, Joe Tipman, Simpson and also Morgan Moses for them to keep the pocket clean. And then also shout out to Max Mitchell because he came in a few plays. You know, they because you know, with Tyron Smith, a few of the teams like he would be in for a few plays, they'd bring him out.
Speaker 2: He plays.
Speaker 4: So even Max Mitchell played really well day. And when you're on the island with Brian Burns, that's saying a lot right for you to be able to block him one on one and have it where there's no slip off or drop off and Aaron Rodgers still has a clean pocket.
Speaker 1: The rogers to Garrett Ball, you were talking about Tyron and his blocking on that play. Oh my god, you were focused on that. Did you see anything as far as the release is concerned with Garrett. When Garrett's outside the numbers and he singled up against Nick McLeod, I'm just throwing his name out there and not take a shot at McCleod.
Speaker 3: More so to say.
Speaker 2: On Wilson earlier in the practice too.
Speaker 1: That is a tough assignment or anybody in the league. And Garrett just the way he moves off the line. If you don't get your hands on him and his speed, it just jumps out at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The thing is he's so shifty on his release game.
Speaker 4: It's almost likely gonna say it like a basketball player. As far as the euro step that he gives you. I think me and Brandon Marshall, he was out here today, we were talking about it. We were just so surprised, even though it is practice, that they wouldn't still like shave the safety that way.
Speaker 1: While I was sitting there with Quincy pre snap and I said, do you think he's going there because it sure look like he wasn't getting help.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think they just wanted to get their corners against a premieer receiver.
Speaker 2: And that's the best way to get better.
Speaker 4: Right now. If this is a game, I don't think we'll see that. I think there will be somebody over the top of Garrett Wilson. I don't know if he'll have free reign like that, because if you put him one on one against any corner in this league, I think he's that good where he's gonna get a free release and he's gonna get open and Aaron Rodgers is gonna find him. And that's the thing that's really great too about Aaron Rodgers, like just understanding because he's been in the game so long what the defense is trying to do. He realizes when garretson one on one, that's where the ball's going, Like there's no I'm looking at No, this is where the ball's going if he's in one on one. Another play that really highlighted Aaron Rodgers today and I said this last week in Carolina when I saw some of his mobility. We saw a rollout to the right and he was picking them up, putting them down EA.
Speaker 2: And the way he was able to throw a rope to Garret Wilson on a run.
Speaker 4: Also would have to say that gives you a lot of excitement in regards to his health and being all the way back as well, because again he's one of the best guys not only at making guys jump off sides, also getting twelve men on the field, but improving right when nothing is there, getting outside the pocket and being able to throw the ball down the field. He's one of the best of the league and doing that, and we saw that on that.
Speaker 1: Play and that moved the ball late games situation. Exavier Gibson involved as well. Do you like what you're seeing from him? Do you see the steps as far as that connection with him, because he's a guy I think that maybe find a little bit under the radar because he's banged up at the start of training camp, but you're starting to see him be become more.
Speaker 3: Part of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've niched out a nice little role for him and to your point, was banged up in the beginning of training camp. We started to see it a little bit more last week in Carolina and them getting them involved in the offense. We saw it in the move the ball Perreod. He had a nice catch on a comeback route as well. So I think Aaron Rodgers it always comes down to and me. You and Q talked about this. What Xavier is One, he's dependable. Two he knows all the positions on the receiver, all three positions at receiver, so they can plug and play him. And then also you get the punt return aspect of it, which he's really big in. But I think they're starting to trust him a little bit more on offense. I think he could be a nice little piece to this offense. He's kind of carved out a nice little niche for himself on this offense.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering what this is all going to look like when Mike Williams returns as well. Whoo man, just another guy you have to account for sure, you know.
Speaker 4: And when you look at Mike and you're praying that he's back to the guy he was before the injury. The reason why they got him eates because he's one of the best fifty to fifty jump ball contested catchers in the league. So we just talked about a scenario where probably in game scenario, they would shade the safety over to get But if you do that, now you're one on one with Mike Williams and nobody throws a better back shoulder faith than Aaron Rodgers. All right, or fade period where Mike can go up and get the ball.
Speaker 1: So can you, by the way, can you describe his long ball because Aaron because he throws it differently.
Speaker 3: Obviously, the flick at the risk maybe perhaps.
Speaker 1: The best thrower to the football in the history of this game.
Speaker 3: But as far it's like it's almost.
Speaker 1: Like a skyball, but he can put it up their fifty some yards and the one to Garrett that we were talking about it it's you couldn't place it anybody.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous because literally it's like a flick at the risk. You know, most guys when they're trying to throw the ball deep, depending on their arm strength, they have trouble driving it, so I gotta put more air on it.
Speaker 2: Well, Aaron Rodgers doesn't have that issue.
Speaker 4: He could put the ball anywhere on the football field, so like he could be running to the left, square up and just flick the ball, but it literally lands right in Garrett Wilson's hands right. Also, Tyrod Taylor had a nice one to Brownie which was a nice adjustment by Brownlee. He put enough air on it so he could adjust to it in the air and the second team offense went down and scored and moved the ball too.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: Like, like I said, the play the Rutcker was just utterly ridiculous. The side arm, the side arm throw to Alan Nizard for the toptown ridiculous. And then the one to Garret Wilson when he was one on one with McLeod great protection, literally just flick at the wrist and he put it right where only Gary wilsonking.
Speaker 1: All right, let's flip it into the defense side of the ball. And we're just talking about Sauce Gardner meeting Malik Neighbors.
Speaker 3: For the first time.
Speaker 1: What did you see from not only Sauce but the other guys out there, whether it be Dj Reed or Brandon Eckles, because they moved this guy around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought the defense did a really good job. I know we were talking about this last week in Carolina where I felt like they gave up some plays early to the Carolina Panthers. There there were a couple of plays that Daian Jones and the offense made, but the defensive line turned it up. Jermaine and Johnson had a few sacks out there. Also, the coverage there was a couple of covered sacks like where Dale Jones we had nowhere to go and just taking it back to the first play of Team Jets versus Giants. Dane Jones was right, so like a defensive line came to play today. I really love what I saw from Quincy and CJ as well from the linebacking position. A great communication in regard to the secondary because there were a couple of bunch formation, a couple of motion things.
Speaker 2: They had to work some things out.
Speaker 4: Sauce didn't get a lot of work today, which isn't rare because people just don't attack him. Actually, Theo Johnson got him a little bit on the inside route but end up dropping the ball. But that was the only time I actually saw him one on one with somebody where they actually went to him, you know, went towards his direction with the ball. But other than that, we were talking about this off Camery Hey, like even in that moved the ball here, like the ball never.
Speaker 2: Went to his never went to the side of the field.
Speaker 4: So if your Sau's gone, are kind of liking it to you know, Sherman Richard Shermy used to be on the field like this, yeah, because it's like nobody wants to throw towards me. But he does a really good job. His process is what I really love that Sauce does. Like even if the ball isn't coming this, but he's still locked in. Every single play you see him communicating with the other dbs. He's locked in in regards with their motion, what they're gonna do, if they're gonna, you know, china this thing, or where they pass things off. He's always communicating with the defensive back. So I really love what I saw from the defense. I mean I went back and forth. Was mainly on the defensive side. Again, the Giants did make a few plays in that first team, but other than that, the defense did their thing all right.
Speaker 1: So on the field in between the white lines, there's a lot of trash talking. How much talking was going on on that side going because what I noticed was Sauce was a little saucy to end up practice. Multiple times he's waving to the Giant sideline saying, Hey, I have a nice trip home. We took care of business today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really wasn't much.
Speaker 4: I think there was a I got Chuck Clark, He's gonna make his presence. Know, had another big hit on air Gray like the last week it was two but over, So maybe he just has a thing against running backs.
Speaker 3: I just think he likes to hit man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice hit on Aeric Gray to day right at the goal line.
Speaker 4: Stood him up man and opened up a lot of eyes on the defensive side and kind of brought some energy to that on the defensive side as well.
Speaker 2: There really wasn't much like talking.
Speaker 4: I think gods just went out there to work today, Like really just get some good working versus a you know, another opponent that wasn't.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Sauce being the showman right there?
Speaker 2: That money at the end.
Speaker 4: I mean again, when the offense goes out, the scores, the defense gets off the field right then it's two offense goes out and scores and the two defense.
Speaker 2: Gets up Like you feeling confident, You feel good.
Speaker 1: So let's let's talk about that series, the one defense against the Giants once at the end. Because he said Sauce was lonely. That means that where Daniel Jones was going was in Ford's direction. That was and DJ Reid responded with a couple pds. Nice plays towards the sideline after a long and completion to Belik Neighbors that you thought probably should have been caught, but also it was a sack, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't a sack, he would have been getting hit when he threw it and he wouldn't have been able to get as much on the ball.
Speaker 3: So that play doesn't even happen to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't happen. Out Again, Malik Davers did beat DJ Reid. There had about probably two three yards a cushion, so Malie Neighbors literally had to turn like we're looking at you right now.
Speaker 2: He had to turn around to try to catch it.
Speaker 4: It did hit him in the hands, he dropped it, but that's a hard catch when you're running full speed and then you have to revert back, and then you're now you're backpelling, which is unnatural for a receiver to.
Speaker 2: Try to catch the ball.
Speaker 4: But again, the slot corner, I think it was Echoes came off the edge Scott Free. He would have been hitting Daniel Jones as he was throwing that ball, or it would have been a sack sack fumbled maybe, So I don't think that ball even gets there. But to double down on what you were talking about earlier, DJ Reid also another heads up player. I think it was Darius Slade on an out route, he was up in the air, ridiculous catch. It was a really good catch, but DJ Reid had the presidence of mind to pick him up and take him out of bounds because it does there's no force out anymore.
Speaker 2: You have to get two feet in bounds.
Speaker 4: So that was a great job presence of mind to understand where the sideline is, where your help is to push the player out of bounds so he can't get two feet in.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what happens.
Speaker 1: But then at fourth on I think they went back to the sideline again and he made he.
Speaker 4: Made a play that was the pass breakup on fourth It was a guy to have it for them on fourth down and DJ read again showed up and he was big in that in that spot to get the Jets off the field on the fourth down.
Speaker 1: How much do you envision saw us actually traveling here as we get to the regular season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about this before. Yeah, I think it was a big surprise.
Speaker 4: In week one of his rookieyear, they actually had him traveling with Mark Andrews, right, And.
Speaker 2: You've seen it periodically, And that's the thing.
Speaker 4: DJ reads a really good corner, so in his mind, he's like I'm a number one quarter. We don't need to travel because I'm that good, right, But I think you'll see a little bit more of it this year. Right in regards to Sauce potentially travel traveling with some some top receivers. Now you go to Buffalo and I know have stuff on, So he's probably not going to travel that game. Will he travel with Tyreek? Maybe they do it every once in a while. The only thing is you still got water on the other side. So it's just like Russell Dolphins. You necessarily don't need to travel because you've got two speed receivers on that team, right, And the way they motioned Tyreek is much you probably don't want to do it, right because they'll literally line him up like he's a tight end by the offensive tackle he's in the your position, like squatting down like this, and then at the snappy speed out like he's just gone. So they probably won't do it that game as well. And in New England they're still working with a lot of young receivers. So talking about that's what six games right there. I don't think he'll travel in any of those games, So it just depends on who the Jets actually play, and if they have a marquee guy, then I can see him doing it some. I don't think he'll do it the whole game, but I think he'll do it in spots.
Speaker 3: Where's be playing in Week one.
Speaker 4: I believe he will play in San Francisco. And now the thing is will he be ready? Is the question, right, because he's missed a lot of practice time. To me, that's not even the biggest question for them. Trent Williams is the biggest question. Like, this is a guy that shown in the past that he will hold out like and not show up for games if he feels like he's not getting paid his worth. And it's crazy to me that I know this IU thing has been.
Speaker 2: Blowed up, but how these people receivers?
Speaker 4: But this is this is the best tackling football and has been right, he's been. They've voted him a top ten player in the top one hundred for a reason. At offensive tackle.
Speaker 1: I was looking forward to this, Yeah, because you're gonna have two Hall of Famers as far as the tackle position, Tyrn then obviously Trent one Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like to me, that's the biggest concern, especially when you watched San Francis last week brought party, took some reps. Now, George Kittle and Deebo and Christian mccaffert didn't play, so there's a caveat. Yes, sure, but that old line did not look good the rest of the starters versus Saints defensive line. So to me, they need to be on the phone with Trent Williams, right, And if you're the Jets, maybe you're happy they're.
Speaker 2: Not on the phone Williams.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, if you're a defensive lineman, you're like, well, I get the t off on the backup guy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So so both fan bases right now are looking at Trent Williams from AYUK and then obviously yeah, so it's gonna be interesting to see what.
Speaker 2: What transpires the next two and a half weeks.
Speaker 1: Because those are big time performers, pro bowlers, all right, So big picture, I want to get your thoughts here because we're talking takeaways from practice, but how about takeaways from training camp? Because the Jets had joint practices with the Commanders. You were here with the Panthers, you were here, and then finally concludes here with the Giants. What I see you can talk about the Jets, But also how do you ingest the information and take in what you saw on the field, Because listen, bottom line, Washington's in year one of their system, dan Quinn's coming on board.
Speaker 3: This is all new.
Speaker 1: They have a quarterback Jaden Daniels, Carolinas we talked about last week. It's a complete reset, Brice Young in year two, but a new coaching staff.
Speaker 3: The Giants right now, they have.
Speaker 1: Some players and we've talked about them here today, but they're also a team that feels like big time transition and who knows what they're all roads. Yeah, right, So the Jets obviously a very talented team, and you only can practice against who you're gonna play.
Speaker 4: But a big picture, yeah, I see when you break it down and look at all the cross practices and then all the regular training practices, I think this is a team that's gonna be there at the end of the year. Like they have a real legit chance with a Hall of Fame quarterback, a true number one receiver, a true number one running back, and a revamp offensive line that I can't remember the last time I said this for the Jets has a chance to probably be a top five unit if everybody's healthy right now. Again, people will say, well that's a big if, dude is because we haven't made You have to look at each year different. These are too, Like Morgan Moses has always been an iron man. Even when he was here, he was healthy and available. Yes, I know, Timeron Smith.
Speaker 1: You know he played thirteen games last season, but he was.
Speaker 2: A second team All Pro. Like what like, what are people that? What do you not get it?
Speaker 4: This dude was All Pro last year and thirteen. That lets you know how good he is, right, and then god forbid something happens. We're gonna knock on wood Lou, oh Lou, that's new. It's been cross training at both left and right tackle and in the game like there were some mistakes there, but you see why he's gonna be so talented and gifted.
Speaker 1: Right, he didn't practice ite, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Practice last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, concern, no concern, But they're just in a better place.
Speaker 4: And then on the defensive side, yes, I know we talked about Reddick earlier, but really with love, what I've seen from Will McDonald.
Speaker 2: Uh his growth and past rushing.
Speaker 4: They've moved him around to I ain't gonna tell all the information, but he's moved around some like, just be prepared. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun on third downs. Jermaine is gonna be Jermaine right. He's gonna be steady Eddie. He's gonna be a guy that's gonna be rock solid against the run, and he's gonna be even better in past rushing this year.
Speaker 2: And then Quinn Williams is just a dog.
Speaker 3: I think your man could be double digits.
Speaker 4: I think he can get there too as well. I know a lot of people looked at me crazy when I said that. I said, you know, I think he had what seven and a half last year. I could see him ascending and getting two and a half more, maybe three more.
Speaker 1: I like that linebacker spot too, because you have CG. Molvesley's the heartbeat of the defense. He got Quincy correct.
Speaker 3: But Jimmie sure man man, he's a player.
Speaker 4: Like again, he doesn't play as much just because teams come out in eleven personnel, which is three receivers, so you want to match that up and go nickel.
Speaker 2: That's why Michael Carter plays so much. But he's a player.
Speaker 4: I guarantee he's going to be a part of the future when it comes to the just like, I think they're gonna do whatever they take can do because I think this is his forefeewd. I think he's free agent after this year, but I think it'd be crazy to let him out the door.
Speaker 1: Robert Sala said before today's practice with the Giants or the practice with the Giants.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: He was asked about what Aaron Rodgers said this week. Rogers said, this was a tough training camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the most difficult.
Speaker 3: Camps I've had in the last seven or eight years.
Speaker 1: At one point recently, Sala commented that two Rogers that were three hundred and fifty reps ahead a last year's pace at this time.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And Danny talked today about Sala about load management. Where we are from a sports perspective, like.
Speaker 3: You got the sense that Robert went back.
Speaker 1: To his old school roots for training camp this year. How much can that help the Jets as they embark.
Speaker 2: On the season.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you got to look at it this way too, Like the starters haven't played in preseason, So the only way to get that, to build that callus up that we always talk about yea, is to get the reps out there on the field, right. So, I think it was pertinent for Robert Sala coming into this camp.
Speaker 2: You know, he wanted to.
Speaker 4: Make sure everybody build that up right, being smart, knowing that the advancements of sports medicine also adding in those off days for some of the veterans. But we wanted to make sure that everybody gets good work. That way, we hit the ground running week when we can't get to week one and have it be preseason for us, right that we're still trying to work the kinks out. And you'll see that in the NFL a lot by week three or four as when you really start to see.
Speaker 2: Teams become who they are, right.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 4: He's of the mindset that we need to be who we are week one, going into a gauntlet in San France, right, right, So I think when you think of it from that perspective, he's like, let's add some more reps on the body. Let's just make sure that we're right, right, because I'm gonna hold guys out of preseason games. Right, We're gonna do three cross practices. Because I was actually talking to a few Giants people, they are like, you guys have third three crossces. I was like, yeah, they've gotten three different looks right by the time the season starts. So and then you know, Robert already kind of talked about how he was looking at this practice for the ones, right. He kind of gave the ones that you know, a tapered I don't want to say a day off yesterday, but they had a lesson yesterday was more of a two or three practice. So today he knew he was gonna ratchet it up for the one so they can get that work right. So like, and it showed, well, guys were well rested. They came out there with a lot of energy, performing executed well. And we talked about that when we're doing the pregame live, not pregame lib but pre practice. Yeah, yeah, that you know, I thought in my head, just knowing Salah and how the training camp has gone, that he wanted to really treat this almost like a game for the starters. I think he's thought about having seventy five reps, which is what you would get during the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So, like, we saw that out there, and we saw at the offense executed at high level. We saw the defense executed at a high level. Again, would be surprised if they actually do play in the game after this practice. But I think you know, Robert Solid staffed Joe Douglas from office. They got to feel good about how this training camp has went. Yes, even I don't mean to be so long with but even going back to last week, EA, we talked about it. I thought it was good that there was some miscommunication, that we faltered a little bit. That's what, right, Yeah, because you need a little bit of that, just so you can let yourself know and your teammates know, guys, we haven't arrived.
Speaker 2: And I thought that was good.
Speaker 4: That it happened in Carolina because you get the result that happened today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Robert talked about two schools of thought where some people are like, oh, get these guys out there ten plays in a preseason game. Maybe I'm a big proponent of maybe two series versus going hard out there in a joint practice for forty plays. And he thinks he didn't give an answer. But what we've seen so far here in training camp twenty twenty four is that the joint practices jet starters are getting a lot of good work in there, and Solid feels quite confident where this group is at right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more than one way to do things, yep.
Speaker 4: Right, And when you look at it in the landscape of the NFL, there's been coaches that have done a multitude of things. There's been a combination of the two, whether it's cross practice and maybe getting some starters in the preseason. There's you know, teams like they can't see a Chiefs that don't cross practice as much, but their starters are getting you know, reps in the preseason game one games.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So again, there's many different ways to do things. You just got to find what works best for your team. And you know, for solid he decided, you know, this year we're going to really put an emphasis on these cross practices, get good work against another opponent, right, and then maybe not play our guys in preseason, get ready for Week one.
Speaker 3: Cuts on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So just gotta go from ninety to fifty three.
Speaker 3: As every team in the National.
Speaker 1: Football League, what are you keen in on as far as when you look at this roster, whether a position group or maybe a couple players.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are going to be a lot of good players that get released. Unfortunately for the Jets, it's a dark day in the NFL. Because you got to think guys have literally trained their whole lives to be in this position and then to be released and told you're not gonna make the team. It's tough, but like the saying that we have in the locker room as thirty one others, right, So there will be some players that will be poached from this team, for sure.
Speaker 2: You look at the cornerback position.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: Our guy Jake Bernard Convers dealing with an injury right now, was having a heck over the camp.
Speaker 2: I think he's safe.
Speaker 4: It'll be interesting to see what they do because they did bring Isaiah Oliver in. We haven't seen much of him because he's been hurt. What do they do in regards to that, right safety? Do they keep three? Do they keep four? Who would be the fourth guy? The thing is Bernard Converse started off at safety or is he that guy that can go in between an emergency if they needed them too.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: I think what we saw in training camp that they're committed to him being Oh for sure, and he flashed too, Yeah for sure. He does not look out of his element, you know.
Speaker 4: And Stickers just played well as so he's going to be on the team, So it'd be how many corners do you actually keep right? And then safety is at three or four, and if it's three, it's been our congngress. That guy that goes is he the former Jason Pinnott essentially, you know, and then when you look at it receiver we've had this is a conversation with Q right, how many keep six or seven right?
Speaker 2: Where does Charles fit in there?
Speaker 4: What does brown Lee who had a nice touchdown catcher day, where does he fit in the right. That's another thing you look at. And then we've been talking about this one. I think this is the one that is the biggest question mark in off Yes, because there's gonna be some guys now if they keep ten, I don't think we have an issue except for Glazier because it's just like, what because Wes Sweisterer can play center two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Newman too.
Speaker 2: I'm not even Hanson played both.
Speaker 4: I know he plays yes, So that's like, so that's the that's the issue you there, Like one of them is probably gonnat Me Yeah, so and the Maxi Mitchell can play outside and inside. So that that's that's the questionnaire. And then d tackle I think it's going to be intriguing because I think Bruce Hector has a chance to make this roster.
Speaker 3: You've been on that train early and he had.
Speaker 4: A couple of great one on one reps, a couple of good team reps again today, So like he's a guy, Bruce Hector. Don't be surprised if you see his name on the fifty three.
Speaker 1: So the good thing is the Jets can bring some of these guys back to their practice squad.
Speaker 3: But to your.
Speaker 1: Point, everybody, everybody's free.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a fair game.
Speaker 2: Before. You got to.
Speaker 4: Think too, if you're the Carolina Panthers, you're the first on the wave while you got to see these guys up close and personal.
Speaker 3: Or the commanders or the Giants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, because you're high up there in position poll in regards to Jeff Yeah, so like exactly, the commander's number two, right, So it's just like they get to see all these they've got to see the Jets up close, so they literally get to pick of the litter. If somebody were to get waived by the Jets.
Speaker 3: That would be no surprise.
Speaker 1: And we just watched a former Jet defensive back out there who's now starting at safety for the Giants, Jason Building.
Speaker 4: It's because of the versatility that great. He's a He's a great safety in regards to his ball skills. He knows how to go get the football. But good for him. I'm glad it worked out for him. And like I said, he's a starter for the Giants stuff.
Speaker 1: But I like this pairing with Clark and Adams.
Speaker 4: And we know their roads Like Clark is gonna be in the box enforcer, yes, Adam is gonna be middlefield safety, you can go get the ball.
Speaker 1: Who is also an energizer money and he's not afraid to lay the long ride at all. And Ashton Davis add him to the equation you.
Speaker 2: Saw last year, especially towards the end of the year.
Speaker 4: They're going three safety sets and Ashton had a real prominent position on defense. I mean, and and his his physicality is taking another level too.
Speaker 1: I agree, Oh my god, like athletic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think that the mentality has mental is taking another level that I really love. Like the physical nature that he brings now as that third safety has been great.
Speaker 1: Did you see that clip of him blowing up the running back in Carolina?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: But you know what it reminded me of do you remember to play last year near the goal line where the Jets got the safety and he like blew up, yes, and Q was like, where's Aston? That's what that reminded me of in Carolina?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was fun. What are the next couple of weeks gonna look like for you? The Jets get the regular season underway September ninth, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is week zero college football Week one, I have two games I'm calling for ESPN Thursday night, the opening, the official opening night of college football, and then that Saturday night as well, So I'll be all over the country calling two games. And then the following week is Week two in college football. Have a game that Saturday, but it's also week one of the NFL season, so I would be in.
Speaker 2: The studio for CBA Sports probably almost.
Speaker 1: Every Thanks man, it was fun and we'll be talking to super Sure I appreciated yet
Speaker 4: H