Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you.
Speaker 1: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeart radio podcast, The Dynamic Duo is back. Amy, How are you doing? I missed you earlier this week.
Speaker 3: I told people where you were. I told them you did. I said you were doing a secret thing in New York with Kristin Davis from Are You a Charlotte and that if people don't listen to Are You as Charlotte, they should.
Speaker 4: Because it's amazing. And Easton filled in and did amazing.
Speaker 3: But I felt like I got nervous because you weren't there, so I talked too much.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I was nervous Eastern was gonna take my job because he's so good.
Speaker 3: Easton's amazing, but he really really like sat back and just you know, said some funny things. But I definitely got nervous because I didn't have like my ping to my pong.
Speaker 1: I've ever heard ping to my pong into my yang, sure, but ping to my pong is new. I like it.
Speaker 2: I mightn't made up.
Speaker 4: And you're saying, but it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Something we own that's good.
Speaker 3: Wait this episode of Parenth my God, do the synopsis first, because I don't.
Speaker 4: I always get ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's season one, episode nine, per Chance to Dream. Adam juggles the kids alone for the weekend and helps Drew with girl advice, while Sarah encourages Amber to think about college during a campus visit that brings an unexpected run in with her ex. Meanwhile, Julia teaches Sidney a lesson about lying, and Crosby takes Jasmine on a date without jabbar. Oh. This episode is so good. Literally l O L l O l l O L immediately, there's so much.
Speaker 3: The pooping first of all, had me in stitches. As we know, I love a great sort of poop poop storyline. Number two, I cannot wait to talk everything about Mike O'Malley and Berkeley and the poem because.
Speaker 4: There is no one funnier than May Whitman uh huh.
Speaker 3: And number three Monica Potter being so a little bit too old because I can relate but then crushing it.
Speaker 1: We have. We have so much to talk about.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where to start. Where do we start poop? Should we start with the poop?
Speaker 1: Sure, let's talk about Crosby and Jasmine. So Crosby kisses Jasmine for the first time this episode, after you know, they put Jabbar in bed.
Speaker 4: Who saw that coming, everybody?
Speaker 1: And when like one night he brings over one of Jabbar's socks that he that Jabar left at the house and was like, hey, Jabbar left the suck and Jazza was like, yeah, you really, his foot is gonna be gold. Thank god you brought it.
Speaker 3: Right, like like Jabbar left his toothbrush.
Speaker 1: And you know, long story short, he asked he asked her out, which I was like, thank god, finally, so happy, so.
Speaker 3: Cute how they did it so like they each are cool, they each have game. It's very swoony like it was just like, really they got the Riz as the kids.
Speaker 1: They got the Riz and they got the chem Like the two all together are so good. Yeah, and the poop storyline that Amy is referenced my god, Oh my god. Love story short. Crosby and Jasmine asked Julia and Joel to watch Jabbar right for the night.
Speaker 3: And because their kid is in similar age, Like I get why they pick.
Speaker 1: Them right, I do too, And you know it was supposed to be a sleepover and and they go out on their date and midway through the date, was it Julia or Joel that calls Crosby. I think it was Julia and was like, Jabbar wants to be picked up, like.
Speaker 4: And she doesn't know why, right right.
Speaker 1: And you think like there's something like weird, not weird, but like, oh no, did Sydney like hurt his feelings or something?
Speaker 4: Right? I definitely did not see it coming.
Speaker 1: I didn't either. I did either. But it was so funny that once Crosby and Chasmin get there, he literally was like, I have to poop.
Speaker 3: Poop, doesn't he whisper it kind of in their ears, And I was like, never has anything been more relatable in my entire life.
Speaker 1: I totally understand poop right, like to the next level, like I cannot poop at somebody else's home at all. It just I cannot do it.
Speaker 4: Now, can you poop at your mom's house?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yet yes, sure, I still don't want to for the most part, Like it's really hard for me to do that. So I totally sympathized with Jabbar in the situation.
Speaker 3: Beyond I have to like plan my day because I'm like I cannot be at like certain locations and have.
Speaker 4: To go potty, Like can you imagine had a Nordstrom? Never?
Speaker 3: Oh, no way, no way, never, never on the eleventh of never no, like, I have to be mindful of what I eat because I don't want to have a situation.
Speaker 1: Right, So, I mean they basically coach Jabar they're pooping at well, they kind.
Speaker 3: Of like Julius is a great place to go because and they get him into the bathroom and they sing the poop song or no, they sing the wheels on the bus. And then I laughed so hard because it was like suddenly, somehow there was a verse I'd never been heard.
Speaker 4: And then I think Crosby thought they were making up verses.
Speaker 1: No, they were, They weren't making up verses, and I can I can confirm that.
Speaker 3: No, she's saying Joy Bryant was saying that's how the song.
Speaker 1: Goes, and I was like, no, it doesn't. She's joking. She's being sarcastic.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought she was dead serious.
Speaker 1: No, I sing wheels on the bus to my son every freaking day.
Speaker 3: Was she singing the doors open and close, open, end closed?
Speaker 1: It was the phrase right after that, and Jackie and Emma, maybe an heavy who's on this Maybe you guys can can get the exact line that she did. But it was a made up verse she they were singing it correctly, and then the last verse it was a joke.
Speaker 3: But I felt like Joy Bryant was definitive, like that is how the song goes, and I believed her. And then Crosby thought, that's not how the song goes, so he just started making crap up. I need somebody immediately stat as they say, to sing me the real lyrics to the wheels on the books.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll tell you the wheels on the bus go round and round, run around that one, and then the doors on the bus go open endchut, open endchut.
Speaker 4: Isn't that so that's what Joy Bryant was so right?
Speaker 1: But but it was like the line right after that that was like funny. I don't somebody did a line that was not wheels on the bus.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was Crosby.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe is there.
Speaker 4: More versus than open and shut open?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I like the people on the bus go up and down, up, and I'm good. The horn on the bus goes beep, beep, beep, Oh my god, no one wants to listen to these nurseres I.
Speaker 2: Do is there more money?
Speaker 1: There's so many, there's so many.
Speaker 2: What's the rest?
Speaker 1: Mommy on the bus goes? But when I sing that to my song my son, I switch it up. I say the mommy's on the bus say I love you because I hate that them saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what else do they do? What else is in the song?
Speaker 1: And then you could just oh, the wipers on the bus go swish swish swish. Yeah, there's a lot coming back to me. So good. But but then the payoff is that Crosby and Jasmine definitely hook up the total because ends up staying.
Speaker 4: And then they hooked up, and then there was like a confused same thing.
Speaker 3: They didn't want to both go back and pick him up together, which I was like, I think you're overthinking what a six year old is going to actually figure out.
Speaker 1: This is what I hate about the the ending of it. Crosby made up his lyrics, yes, yes, but what was Crosby's lyric that he made up?
Speaker 4: Thing that was like British or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, oh English soccer fans. I feel like after they hooked up and they woke up the next morning and they were late to picking up picking up Jabar from Julia's house. I feel like Crosby got like stressed a little weird. He got a little little weird.
Speaker 3: I had a glimpse of that too, and I didn't know if it was an acting error, if he was supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: I think he was supposed to because Jasmine was like, we're good. She was comtor bull like.
Speaker 4: She was.
Speaker 1: She was happy to be there, she was happy to be in his bed. She was she was happy, and I feel like Crosby got real stressy. The only thing the red flag on this, I'm like, did Crossby break up with the girlfriend? Did that happen?
Speaker 3: I guess that we're supposed to assume that happened, Like I guess that has happened.
Speaker 1: It was definitely not like stated.
Speaker 4: I know, I think we're just to assume.
Speaker 1: Bit oh that's what I'm assuming. But I kind of was like, wait, hold on, we haven't seen Crosby like break up with the girl yet. But AnyWho, uh, great, great, all around great. Let's talk about Amber and Sarah because I literally just thought of you the whole time because of Berkeley Berkeley, Berkeley. I'm like, oh my god, Amy's gonna have so much to say about Berkeley.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, this is the situation where I had read about this.
Speaker 4: It is the campus, but they were not there.
Speaker 1: Oh, they did the Burell shots of the campus.
Speaker 4: Somehow they used like CGI or whatever.
Speaker 3: I read about this because I wanted to be when I was like doing a deep.
Speaker 1: Dive CGI in like two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: I guess, so basically that is col right, that's sprou Plaza. I think I'm trying to remember near saythor Gate where you enter campus from Bancroft Street, but or maybe it's Bancroft Avenue whatever, it's Bankruft. But May Whitman and Lauren Graham were not on campus, and if you look closely and really watch it with an eagle eye, you can kind.
Speaker 1: Of tell interesting. Okay, I look, I didn't catch that, but like I also never went to Berkeley, so like.
Speaker 3: A regular viewer would never have noticed. I'm not even sure I would have noticed had I not red.
Speaker 1: Uh, Jackie's showing us, She's showing us the scenes. That looks real to me.
Speaker 3: You see the extra background actors kind of engaging, and I think someone hands a flyer and it does it is shot that they somebody obviously shot that footage.
Speaker 1: It feels real to me.
Speaker 3: If you look closely at May Whitman and Lauren Graham, you're like, uh.
Speaker 4: I think this is a green screen.
Speaker 3: So what I'm assuming is like it's a green screen and they acted in front of the green screen.
Speaker 1: There's people going into the building behind them, correct.
Speaker 3: Because they're acting with a green screen, so on the green screen, so they're acting in front of the green screen.
Speaker 4: And then in post.
Speaker 3: They lay in the Berkeley footage and those two are just chitty chatting in front of a green screen.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would make sense since they've filmed this on NBC, which is in la done.
Speaker 4: But still I'm like, why didn't they just go up there? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Let's discuss, Yeah, let's discuss. So I'm assuming Sarah doesn't know that Amber just totally ditched her SATs because she's like, you should you should, you know, think about applying just college and YadA, YadA, yeta. It's like, how about you get her to take her sad correct.
Speaker 4: I don't even think the mom knows she ditched the.
Speaker 3: SAT exactly, but I have a few important questions. Okay, Number one, Michael Mallley. I thought he was like a barista.
Speaker 1: He is, but if you remember and my memory has I had to jog my memory, but if you remember, he was like, oh, yeah, you know, I do this and that. He's like, but I also work at you know, the coffee shop.
Speaker 3: But did he ever say I'm a world famous poet who speaks at one of the best universities in the country.
Speaker 1: I don't He definitely didn't say that, but I could have maybe remembered hearing him say like, oh, he likes to write, like like it was very cat like. He's very casual.
Speaker 4: Yea, there something about that.
Speaker 1: It was like it was thing like, oh, I do this and that, but you know, I also like working at a coffee shop.
Speaker 3: All Right, it's a little lot of left field that the coffee shop barista is also a poet.
Speaker 4: Lauria, I don't know if that's how you.
Speaker 3: Say it, but that he's like a famous poet giving speeches at cow Like. It's not like, hey, we're down at the y and we're reading some cool poetry tonight. This was like a clear, fancy group of fancy people and he is the star of the show.
Speaker 1: About Sarah's vagina.
Speaker 3: She goes, nothing was funnier than May Whitman saying to her mom, I think this is about your vetch.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's so good.
Speaker 3: May Whitman's is such a great actress because she has snark and like she literally her face everything about her. When she says it to Lauren Graham, just like you kind of she's just got you.
Speaker 4: And she's like, I think this is.
Speaker 1: It's too good. It's too good.
Speaker 3: I oh my god, the whole thing, the car ride home, the whole payoff that she gets the application to cal and says, it's for you.
Speaker 4: It was just genius from top to bottom.
Speaker 3: And there I get why Lauren Graham and May Whitman like are tight, because I get it.
Speaker 4: You can see that the two of them.
Speaker 3: Get along, have a real chemistry, have a real mother daughter but sisterly situation.
Speaker 4: She's just genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree. I have to admit I loved that Jim just came back as a baller, Like, I love that you just literally he did the mic drop of mic drops in this episode.
Speaker 4: Like, I agree. I seriously think he went from wearing a barista outfit to to wearing.
Speaker 1: Like a fancy Kashmir sweater.
Speaker 4: That's what I was like, is he wearing a totalneck sweater?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Is that even the same guy?
Speaker 1: Like looks great? Looked great?
Speaker 4: First of all, Micha oh Maalley is freaking cool. Look, I love Jason Ritterer. I get it.
Speaker 3: If it's Michael Malley versus Jason Ritder, fine, But if it's Michael Malley versus almost anybody else, So like, if she's not gonna be with Jason Ridder, go back to mica oh Mally.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. I want to save the Christina Adam Hattie storyline for the end because that is my.
Speaker 3: Say interject, sorry does I'm surprised that Lauren Graham who Sarah doesn't.
Speaker 4: Say to May Whitman, I'm not dating your teacher anymore. I feel like she she did? Hey, I read like, did I miss that?
Speaker 1: She did? She? She? She? She did? She? She basically was like, I cut it off. I'm cutting it off like she she did. She did put the button on that for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, because it's blurry to me, but I'm glad to hear it, glad to hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we can talk about Sidney and Julia as being a liar.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. First of all, that was sort of not it was it was.
Speaker 3: Not my favorite storyline because I was like, did she did Sidney not break the vase?
Speaker 1: I don't think Sidney broke the vase. I think she just copped to it at the end just to like get over it. Like, I actually don't think she did. I think the dog did come in and break it.
Speaker 3: The only bird I liked about that storyline was the fact that there was like literally police tape up in their house and then when when Dax Shepherd gets there, he's like what's going on and she's like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Like that was amusing to me, but like other like, gosh, this is really kind of irritating.
Speaker 1: The thing that I think we're supposed to get from it, though, is that Harmony's mom told Sidney that lawyers are liars. Oh my god. So that kind of like puts the little you know, puts the knife a little bit deeper a hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But that's like a line from the Jim Carrey movie when he says, my dad is.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, can you hear that. Hold, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: When in the Jim Carrey movie when he says my dad is a liar and the teacher's like, what, he's a liar, but it's Jim Carrey's Little Warrior, but the.
Speaker 4: Movie is liar Liar. Do you know that movie? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, So I kind of laughed about that. Also, that movie randomly was on.
Speaker 1: The other day and I was like, I love that movie.
Speaker 4: That kid is so cute. I forget who plays the kid in that movie, but I think I love that kid.
Speaker 1: But it just also further establishes that Julia is like, obviously she's going to change something of their job. I feel like something's career wise is going to change.
Speaker 3: Yes, And also you get another Sam Jeger is it Yeager Jigger whatever? Yeah, Sam Jaeger Yeger Joel Joel sort of giving a like mother like daughter sort of like uh huh, you know, they're very similar, uh huh, they're wrote kind of type a smart all the things. So he kind of gives that subtle Oh yeah, I'm surprised too, like sarcastic.
Speaker 4: So I enjoyed that, right, I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: So, as Amy said, I was gone, you know, in New York for a few days this week. So when I got back is when I listened. When I got back is when I watched this episode, and so I was kind of giggling a little bit because Christina leaves to go, you know, do work, and leaves Adam home with the kids, and I there is nothing that made me laugh more than when Adam thought that the bra was for Christina. Christina's like, I did not order this, and he's like, get it off of me.
Speaker 4: I was so funny, so funny.
Speaker 3: Number one that was hilarious, but also chill out, Adam.
Speaker 4: He's being a little tough on the daughter whatever her name is. God, why can I not Patty?
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think this was so relatable, at least for me. I had a dad that was like this, Oh.
Speaker 4: Changing the rules in the middle of the game.
Speaker 1: Changing the rules in the middle of the game. What do you mean.
Speaker 3: Because the mom said she could go, Then he says, no, you can't go.
Speaker 4: You need to stay here and take care of your brother, which she then does.
Speaker 3: Then she's like, Okay, now I'm going, and then he tries to say no again, and it's like, nah, dude.
Speaker 1: Dude, welcome to my childhood. I literally felt like it was my dad and me on a screen. I could not stop laughing.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I related so much to the storyline because that was that would be something my dad would do, and he would tell me all the time. He's like, you're not you're you're not wearing those shorts. They don't even cover your butt like you no, no way, no way, like all the time. And I literally, oh, no, I this is this This one hit home for sure for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I mean I loved watching it and was happy I didn't have to deal with that situation in life, because that.
Speaker 1: Was if there was, like, you don't want me to wear this bra, fine, I'll take it off. And she just goes to Steve's house without a brawl like may like twenty times worse like than wearing the black bra. The where Adam obviously took it too far is going to Steve's house and busting through the root the door and like obviously catching them making that and whatever, and that that was obviously the step too far.
Speaker 4: I mean when he drags her out of the house, I don't even know. I don't even know how to exist with that part. And I love.
Speaker 3: The fact that the two. Well, first of all, there's so much happening in this episode.
Speaker 4: We didn't even talk about the brother and the dance.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when Sarah's kid is in the car along with Max and Adam's going to grab Hattie out of the boyfriend's house and they're kind of in the car. Oh oh, like almost laughing, but get in the back like that was so amusing.
Speaker 1: Also, Sarah's son Drew, I like his character because I feel like there's there's something that we don't like. He's not a fully developed character yet, but I like that he's like starting to get close to Adam. Adam's dance move, showing him how to dance. That was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Oh that was the best. And then the dance party, Oh my god. And when he's like I've got the move, I'm what what was Adam's dance nickname Fever? Was it fever because of dance fever or something?
Speaker 1: I think it was fever or something like that. But yeah, it was. It was great. But the one bone I have to pick on this that like kind of bumms me out a little bit. I mean, I get it and I understand, but at the end, where you know, Christina just freaking crushes it and does so good at uh, you know, her job. And then she was offered the full time job. And she was talking to Adam and and and saying, you know, I got just I got offer this full time job. I think I want to take it. And he's like, great, we'll make it work. Sometimes I'll work from home. You know, we can ask our family to help and help, you know, help help out and whatnot. And and then basically Christina got cold feet, and she was like, actually, know, my kids need me right now. I need I need to this can wait. And I get it, I totally get it. But I really really wanted her to do it.
Speaker 3: How about the fact that Adam is doing the right thing, A thousand percent right, so supportive, He's totally doing the right thing. I loved when she crushed that meeting with the other politician guy, and.
Speaker 4: I think she should do it too.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The way I looked at it is that, yes, I think she got cold feet, but I also think she realized, as a mom, and you can weigh into this better, that she might be missing too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think her point of view was my kids need me right now and they're not always going to need me, so let me take this time to be there for them kind of situation, you know, mentality, which again I totally understand. I just I just really wanted this for her, especially after we, you know, a few episodes ago, we saw that scene with being like, oh, you know, aunt, Julia is the career woman mom, isn't you know? Like, and I just really wanted that for Christine. I wanted something just for her where she's like, you know what, I am a bad ass and I'm going to do it, not do it all, but you know what I mean, I'm gonna do something for myself while also being a kick ass mom. I wanted that for her, but I get it. I get where she's.
Speaker 3: Kind of too, and I think, look, I don't want to say anything because there's things to come, so that's all I'll say.
Speaker 4: So I think some of that is weighing into my.
Speaker 1: Judgment to the yes, yes, Well that's where I stand as a first time watcher. I love Christina's character. I think she's such a good mom, and I get the position that she's in right now and choosing what she chose in this episode, But part of my heart really wanted her to take that job and for her to just like you know, fulfill her her herself in that way. But I'm excited to see what comes. I mean, this episode, like I said, I was giggling out loud. I thought it was so funny, just it's it's actually one of my favorite episodes so far.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was so good. I agree.
Speaker 1: I would rate this one a nine seven.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, guys, well, Braverman's out.
Speaker 2: Braverman's out.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I am all in Podcasts, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com