Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This is Nick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys AFT. Now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well it is Tuesday. I realize that, but I do believe. Yeah, there was a.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 3: There were two Nicks Cowboys winners on Monday night, Rangers winters on Monday afternoon. Take that Houston and La and here we are, Well some of us made it back from LA. I was never in La, but Savannah was in La. Mickey was in La. Everson was in La. And who's here? We got Mickey, We've got Savannah, but no, we don't have Everson.
Speaker 4: And you know who the diehards are tried?
Speaker 3: Who has a commitment to excellence on this show? Insign the SWBC podcast studio tribute to the pic to click Savannah hu Mooler, Thank you It was me. No, it's Savannah for making it back from Sofi Stadium last night.
Speaker 4: I made it back. Get it.
Speaker 3: Well, you you didn't have to put any effort into your return trip right.
Speaker 4: I just rolled right in and got thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: You you were on the charter, and you know how much more difficult it is to fly commercial.
Speaker 4: Out of anyway, out of LA.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised I got out of there on time. Normally I have a delay at LAX every single time.
Speaker 4: Usually the delay is getting into LAX.
Speaker 6: But five am I was.
Speaker 3: Flight wait five am, flight lands a DFW at ten thirty and gets here in time for mixed shots.
Speaker 4: So she's coming wins pick to click, Yeah, she is.
Speaker 3: She is my big to click today.
Speaker 6: Thank you for today.
Speaker 3: Let's go today. And since Everson keeps track of the picks to click for now, Savannah keeps the Savannah kept it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm pretty sure I was closest in with the points. I did twenty four fourteen Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That was ten points. Mine was twenty six twenty four only two point different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you flew over them both.
Speaker 4: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I'll circle back and get the note.
Speaker 4: Margin I was.
Speaker 3: I was way too high. I was thirty four to twenty eight was.
Speaker 4: Two point different. Do what I said. My mark in a margin victory was two point twenty four two points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but am I missing.
Speaker 4: Didn't they score seventeen?
Speaker 3: Well? That did?
Speaker 7: I said.
Speaker 3: The different margin of victory was he picked the two point margin of victory and the actual margin of victory was three points.
Speaker 4: The price is right, they go like this to you. Yeah, but this ain't the prices.
Speaker 3: You can't go over on your went.
Speaker 4: I think you somebody last week Everson was claiming victory because he had he had the margin, He had the margin right, and he didn't have the score.
Speaker 3: Did you what player did you have? Your Paul?
Speaker 4: I had to pick to click right to Dak Prescott, I am CD doesn't do what he did seven quarterards. The quarterback threw for one hundred and seventeen yards and scored a touchdown running and a touchdown passing right and had one hundred and nine quarterback rating. There's no dispute here.
Speaker 6: I have Tony Pollard.
Speaker 3: Tony Pollard, he yeah, what did he do?
Speaker 4: Rush ran?
Speaker 3: Who put all the work in on that sixty yard plug?
Speaker 4: Dack Prescott did because he avoided a sack twice and threw the ball to Pollard on the run.
Speaker 3: Pollard didn't avoid any tackle or anything.
Speaker 4: And he had twenty seven yards rushing.
Speaker 5: And if he would have caught that touchdown towards the end, that would have been great, but that was really impossible.
Speaker 3: Right there there you go. That's right, good position for that touchdown too, that's great. Yeah, Tony Pollard.
Speaker 4: And he did catch it, all right, So good that we settled that.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did settle it.
Speaker 4: Double victory on this side of the table.
Speaker 3: But the pick to click today is Savannah. And how about that win and how much needed was that win? The biggest uh, the biggest thing on the charter coming home was a sigh of relief.
Speaker 4: No, no, kiddy went into a bible. As DeMarcus Lawrence said, he called the win a crucial win. It was very crucial. And McCarthy said, we did just enough to win, so and he went on to say, we still got a ways to go. We're getting there, so yeah, going on the road winning and I don't care how you do it in this league. A win is a win is a win. And if anybody disputes that, we'll go ask the forty nine ers in the Eagles after this weekend.
Speaker 3: I haven't done the research on this, but this has to rank right up there with the earliest in a season that there are no unbeatens left in it?
Speaker 4: Were they popping champagne in Miami?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: You know what occurred to me is what if the Dolphins were undefeated, would they have been cheering for this version? You know, the Dolphins are wanting to preserve their question undefeated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, preserve your.
Speaker 4: Own fifty years ago seventy two?
Speaker 3: All right, So where do we start on this? It was a game that didn't start the way the Cowboys wanted it to start, but it ended the way the Cowboys wanted it to end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, credit to the defense. They did a pretty good number on the number five ranked offense in the league that the Chargers came into the game with, held them to two hundred and seventy two points. I think one of the yards, I'm sorry. Uh. And one of the things we were concerned about was their rush defense after giving up one hundred and seventy yards to the forty nine Ers, and they held the Chargers to fifty three yards rushing and turned Herbert into kind of a common quarterback. And even though he was only sacked once, they put a lot of pressure on him and he finished with an eighty four completion percent or a quarterback rating, and his completion percentage was way down from what he was doing going into the game, completing seventy one percent of his passes. So in this game, he completed seventy percent of his passes. So credit to the defense and making plays at the end just when they needed plays made. They didn't have a sack the entire game until Micah sacked him on that last possession after DeMarcus Lawrence did a heck of a job. I think it was first in five and he held Eckler three. Then they got the sack, and then Damone Clark got the pressure and Stefan Gilmour the interception, and overcame eleven penalties for eighty five yards. They ended up throwing no, I'm sorry, yeah, eleven. So they ended up throwing twenty flags in the game, twenty that were taking the Yeah, right, I bet that looked good on television.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was listening as I always do, to serious NFL radio my drive in and they and they were talking about what an entertaining game that was to watch and what I was watching last night. I'm like, another flag, another penalty, I mean it was one after another.
Speaker 4: And then the and then that doesn't account for the one they missed, and we'll spend a whole segment on that punt a bunch of BSI.
Speaker 5: Can you tell we're a little tired today.
Speaker 3: Vicky, Vicky Mickey. He spent We spent all last week having to endure Mickey. Now this week we only get a couple of days. Savanna, are you here with us tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Or you know she's on the mixed crew tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we got Christie Scales here with us tomorrow at noon. And so anyway, Mickey's much better after a win than he is after a loss. All yeah, yes, so this is this is the Mickey who's name.
Speaker 4: They need me on the committee with the rules.
Speaker 6: You know, I agree to fix. Agree.
Speaker 4: The other thing they need to fix is not have the teams crossing each other before the game starts for warm ups. This isn't college where they all got to come out the same tunnel. Right and San Francisco pulled their same bs before the game with Cleveland, tried to start a fight, just like they did with the Cowboys. Right got in the way of the kicker last air and did it again this year. They were they were doing some rehab and it was right where Brandon Aubrey was warming up at San Francisco. And they did it again and it was the same guys, Deebo, Samuel Trent Williams. Is it Brandon Ayuk yep and one of their other offensive linemen get in a tussle with Cleveland before the game. So the Cowboys are coming out and they're coming down their sideline.
Speaker 3: Well the Chargers you're talking about now? Chargers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Chargers are their DB's are doing some drill and they're doing on the Cowboys sideline right by the bench where the team was running through. And then that thing breaks out right, and that's what they say they do all the time. But it's like warm up on your own sideline. What do you got to do at the other sideline? Somebody said, well, it's half the field, and I go, well, why don't you divide the field down the middle instead of across the fifty yard line? That would save a lot of problems, right.
Speaker 6: Micky texted me, he was like, did you see what just happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's going on? I was. I was on the other side, on the opposite side.
Speaker 4: Of the sideline, so I dida the bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the yeah Cowboys, and I was I didn't exactly realize what happened until later, but they were actually pretty scrappy still during the game. Oh yeah, no, like it was just kinda they were going after it all.
Speaker 3: Right, So what was the scene like there last night?
Speaker 5: I will actually paint the picture for the fan engagement when when I talk about how many Cowboys fans were there, it was nuts to me.
Speaker 6: It was like fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: And I almost kind of felt bad because the people that I went with it was my sister and her friend. They're big Chargers fans, so I'm wearing my Cowboys stuff, they're wearing the Charger stuff.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you, Chris.
Speaker 4: And uh but you were probably in the majority.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But that's the thing is every other seat was a Chargers and then a Cowboys fan. Chargers fan, Cowboys fan. It was so loud from the Cowboys side.
Speaker 6: It was just crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Oh, they started doing the chat when when San Diego Sandy, I knew it, I'd do it when the Chargers had the ball right, and it was like they almost had to go silent. Account Well, you could.
Speaker 3: Tell when Herbert is trying to hear in his headset in his helmet, the play being called in and he's having to cover his you know, helmet, his ears to be able to hear what's being transmitted when they've got the ball, obviously, and you could tell on I had comments from people at work last night. They were saying, man, it sounds like it's a home game for the Cowboys. On television, it sounded that way. I can only imagine what it's like in person.
Speaker 6: It was crazy. It surprised me. It really did.
Speaker 4: Well. That's what used to happen when they played in San Diego, because I remember the one year the Cowboys opened the season and at San Diego and they put the Chargers put a premium on buying a single game ticket for that game with the Cowboys because they knew what was coming, and so to buy a single game ticket for that you had to buy a single game ticket for another home game. They made you buy two games if you wanted the Cowboys game. Trying to hold them.
Speaker 3: And so what did sounds? So were they able to hold the Cowboy fans down with that? There are much more Cowboy fans though, at Sofi Stadium than there were at Jack Murphy Stadium, right, or not.
Speaker 4: I don't know it.
Speaker 3: Was because you got to think of from the Chargers perspective. I mean, they're no longer San Diego's team, obviously, and so San Diego's bailed on. They're not going to drive up to LA to support that. And then they haven't been in LA long enough to really establish a Charger fan base in such a mixed bag of fans anyway in LA because they didn't have football for years whatever, And so the Rams are kind of in the same boat themselves, even though they've been there in the back.
Speaker 4: But at Jack Murphy, this was at a time I'm talking into two thousands, so they weren't very good, and so the Cowboy fans would overrun that stadium and they were trying to hold it down. But anyway, and there's.
Speaker 3: So many Cowboys fans in California to be here, and.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, I don't know. I don't know if they can find players for stuff like that. But I did see after they broke everything up, the White hat Land Clark went and put the headset on and actually had the tablet, the replay tablet out and they were reviewing what happened. So I'm wondering if they could still find guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think so.
Speaker 4: Even though they didn't penalize in it, I believe they can throw people out of the game, even in them.
Speaker 3: They were probably checking to make sure at just how bad the incident was and if punches were thrown, well there was, whether it merited whether it merited an ejection. Because they were in the field of play and when it's happening.
Speaker 4: I don't think they could have judged who started it because it just kind of exploded like taking a match. Eckler took a friendly fire, yes, he did, just his helmet. He walked into that one too.
Speaker 3: It was hilarious.
Speaker 4: I think it was Foler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fowler got him, but man, he walked into trying to pull one of his players back, and Fowler swung and hit him in the face.
Speaker 4: Here was a cowboy. I don't know if it was a coach or a helper dude in the middle of it and he got blasted.
Speaker 3: A helper dude in the helper dude.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: That's what we are on this show. Well, you're Mickey's helper. I'm a helper dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm cool.
Speaker 3: With that okay, Well we continue with mix shots. It's Mickey and his helper. Dudes. When we come back and you're injest a moallment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look for a French style.
Speaker 7: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks, a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning Swack Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the two America's team playing America's greatest spruit. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like mill Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas, de Mixed.
Speaker 5: Shots, k Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. Nicky, do we want to get into the return?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Should we kick it off with.
Speaker 4: That before we analyze the game?
Speaker 3: And sure?
Speaker 4: How well the cops? So sure? Here is the pool report.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're talking about the punt. Writ the punt that was, how are you going to do?
Speaker 4: They called it muffed. He didn't muff it. He didn't catch it because he got run over, all right, he didn't touch it. Now, I understand what the ruling is because if you're engaged with the guy that's trying to cover the punt, then it's your fault if you get pushed in to the returner. Well, if you go back and look at it, Tolbert wasn't engaged until Samuel engaged him and pushed him into turpin. And not only did he push him into it, it could have been hands to the face or a face mask if you go back and stop it as soon as they did. They didn't call that. Now, the ruling on the field was Cowboys ball because they thought the Chargers player touched the punt first and if the punting team touched the punt first, the ball and it's loose. As a return team, you can pick the ball up without any hesitation and pick it up and run and if you happen to fumble it, then it goes back to the spot that you picked it up because they touched it first, and did They did the pool report with Walt Anderson, who I'm guessing wasn't even there, so he's watching probably in.
Speaker 3: New York, NFL Senior Vice President of Officiating, Walt.
Speaker 4: Anderson, So they asked him, why didn't fair catch interference apply because the punt returner was actually contacted by his own teammate who was actively blocking a Chargers player. And when a teammate of the returner is actively blocking that teammate, it's responsible for his own contact. Even it's into the player who signals for a fair catch, so no contact. So the contact was actually by the teammate of Dallas who had signal for a catch. So they the Chargers initiated the review.
Speaker 6: Well, they challenged it.
Speaker 4: They challenged it. Yeah, so it says here there wasn't a ruling on the field of a change of possession. It was just a normal punt with an illegal touch. If it had ruled on the field initially that the ball was touched by the receiver, then it would have been awarded to the kicking team. Then it would have been a booth review to either confirm that's what happened, and it would have been reversed. Then we would have had changed it. But because why is this stuck here? But because it was ruled on the field that it was not touched by the receiving team, That's why it was a coach's challenge. Okay, So where's the rest of it because they had to determine I thought their guy dived on the ball first, and then it came out again, right, Well, they're basically saying they're saying, oh, he explained was it was a coaches challenge. He didn't explain who touched the ball first. So look at that I'm watching, It didn't look like the Chargers player touched it first.
Speaker 3: I think you can make the case that Jalen Tolbert's left hand got on the football before the Chargers player. But I'm not. I'm just looking at one angle right here. The issue that I have with it is, Okay, I understand that Jalen Tolbert is blocking, you see Taylor or he's they're engaged, but it's Taylor who an issue, who forces the blocker back into Turpin. And it appears, at least on the review that I'm the replay I'm looking at that the defender makes contact with Turpin.
Speaker 4: Right well, because he ended up throwing a selbow.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a there's a certain uh, there's a certain area that the defender had that the receiver has the right to to catch the football. And if the contact is initiated by the defensive player, that destroys that window of opportunity that Turpin has. And he makes clearly he was contacted and he fell back, then that's a fair catch interference.
Speaker 6: But because Tolbert hit him initially.
Speaker 3: Even because he was they were saying that because the blocker was engaged with the Chargers player, that it's not fair catch interference. But actually it's the Chargers player who forces the Turpin not to be able to catch the football, and they even get to it, it's his force of contact.
Speaker 4: They even got it wrong on the on the play by play, it says Jalen Tolbert muffs catch. He didn't muff to catch. So they're saying, they're saying he touched it.
Speaker 3: He touched it before the Chargers player. He's thinking they ruled on their and.
Speaker 4: You can't fault him. He doesn't know that, right.
Speaker 3: He thinks that the ball hit turping right, and so he's scrambling.
Speaker 4: After he can't see it and everybody else.
Speaker 3: And just like the Charger player is scrambling from too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's another rule change that needs to take place, or tell them to look at what happened.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, the cause for the misplay was and it was an interference that was forced by the Chargers player. It wasn't Tobert who was blocking on the play who forced the fair catch inter Yeah, he got he blocked right.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I mean, so you can't block in front of the receiving the punt returner, well.
Speaker 4: You better not get pushed in, right. So but anyway, it was a big play in the game because they gave him the ball at the twenty yard.
Speaker 3: Line and they got a fifteen yard pen day. They got him onto the five yard line right next play and then they score a touchdown.
Speaker 4: And now it's a tie ball, right. Yeah, it was seven to eleven to go. So so both of their both of their touchdowns came on a short field right, right, so they held him to field goals. So from a defensive standpoint, Uh, even though they couldn't seem to get Herbert on the ground, Uh, they played pretty well.
Speaker 3: I think I saw eight quarterback pressures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, and he avoided several sacks.
Speaker 6: Right, he really did.
Speaker 5: Actually, he was great at kind of realizing when he needed to run and just get out of certain situations. He was he was pretty spot on with that last night.
Speaker 3: All right, let me ask you this question going into that game, if you were to rank or not you, but in general on a national scale, Okay, what do you think the general consensus of opinion is on where these four quarterbacks ranked coming into this weekend? Brock Party, Jalen Hurts, justin Herbert and Dak Prescott, how would they have been? How would they be ranked by the Cowboys fans at large across the nation? One?
Speaker 4: Four, one, two, three and ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and those four in that Rock Party. In fact, Brock Party was leading the league and quarterback rating coming in this weekend. Right, Okay, Jalen Hurts coming off of Super Bowl season and Justin Herbert, as most people have him as a top seven eight quarterback in the league. I'm not sure all right, coming out of the weekend. Let's just say you had just the evidence of this weekend, right, those four quarterbacks did this weekend, how would they be ranked? We reverse exactly. Dak would be the reverse rock Party was very pedestrian in his numbers when he didn't have Deebo Samuel for most all of the game and lost Christian McCaffrey, and his left tackle Trent Williams was playing on one wheel in the late in that game, and Hurtz throws three picks, including a horrible interception that led to their loss at the end of the game. And then Justin Herbert, Justin Herbert had Keenan Allen wide open twice, not once, but twice in that football game that could have easily resulted in touchdowns like and missed it badly.
Speaker 4: The one that Deran Bland fell down on.
Speaker 3: That one and the stutter go where he was wide open. It was defending on that one too, and late in the first half and he bit on the stop right right, and I mean, I could not believe in Troy Aikman couldn't believe it either that that he on the first one especially, he missed. I mean, he missed on both of them badly, right right, And I'm one, Wow, we hear we hear fans not saying necessarily Cowboys fans, but are critical of the quarterback that plays here on a week to week basis. I wonder what do they say about Justin Herbert in La See.
Speaker 6: I still think Justin Herbert performed pretty well him.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you're comparing him and Dak Prescott last night, they both I was last night, Dak definitely outplayed him. I just think Justin Herbert he's still a very consistent quarterback. I just think he had a lot of pressure on him, which he'd shown, which was shown from our defact he should.
Speaker 4: Have been sacked five times, and he exactly avoid That's why.
Speaker 3: But that's why you can't take a one week sample on players or quarterbacks in this league. They will have off days, there are circumstances. It's a long season, and so that's why you have to let the whole season play out right before you're making judgments on, oh, this guy can't play or that guy can't play.
Speaker 4: And it's and for that very reason. I think it's a good thing that the Cowboys have their bye. Although everybody thinks, oh, they can work harder now, Well, they'll practice once probably if that yeah, right, because they're not practicing today and it's already Tuesday, Wednesday. You might do a little something if they want.
Speaker 3: My understanding is they're going to let them go. Yeah, and then they're back on and then you've got to have four consecutive days. They'll be a four consecutive days off, will be Thursday through Sunday, and they're back here Monday. You'll get ready for a killer stretch of the season coming up here.
Speaker 4: So you can do a little bit more on Monday, but that's it, and then tuesday's a day off, right, So yeah, it's not like you work harder and fixed all the things that need to be fixed. And offensively, they still need things fixed because I don't want to finish the game, and my quarterback's the leading rusher.
Speaker 3: Well and the other thing. And we'll get we'll get to that when we come back here at a moment. One another thought on Justin Herbert. They played Kansas City this week, and I would not at all be surprised because this is what happens in this league. It's a bounce back league. Just like San Francisco has their best win of the year over the Cowboys the week before, and then they go to Cleveland and they lose, just like Philadelphia, it's unbeaten. And then they go to the Jets and they lose, just like the Cowboys have their worst game of the season. They come back and they win over the Chargers the next week, a very tight fit. Well, you watch Justin Herbert Well go to Kansas City next weekend, this coming weekend, and he'll have a three touchdown, three hundred yard game, and the Chargers will play Kansas City a one score game.
Speaker 6: I mean, Bill, I'm with you. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: This is what happens in this league. It's like one week you can't do anything, and then the next week you're all world.
Speaker 6: I'd love to see the Chargers beat Kansas City. I would love to see it.
Speaker 3: And they're in the position that the Cowboys if they want to get to where they got last year, which is in the playoffs, they went ten and seven, and the pressure is on them at two and three to do something this week against the best team in their division, if not the best team, one of the top two or three teams in the league. All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 8: They snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans.
Speaker 10: It's a sip.
Speaker 9: Away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, freshing pepsi. And we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks A kickoff, tailgates, going way pass, postgame, Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag brisky in the smoker Miller light, and the two America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football, Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 4: Demitt Shots.
Speaker 5: Come out to AT and T Stadium on February twenty fourth for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series.
Speaker 6: Watch the world's two best.
Speaker 5: Wheel racers converge for one night of NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of their race bikes and team rigs at the FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: Okay, do big time players make big time plays at big time moments in games.
Speaker 4: Yes they do.
Speaker 3: Yes, That's how the Cowboys won that game on that last series.
Speaker 4: And we should talk about that with the amount of pressure and I think you already pointed out that the Cowboys had eight pressures or hits on Justin Herbert, but they had no sacks until Micah Parsons I think it was second.
Speaker 3: It was second and two at the thirty three yard line.
Speaker 4: Right, and Micah finally finally beat Slater I believe it was, and got the sack for minus eight yards.
Speaker 5: So that was Micah's sixth sack of the season and his thirty one and a half career sacks are tied with Miles Garrett for the eighth most by an NFL player through his first thirty nine games.
Speaker 4: Thirty nine games, and it was huge because he was getting run past the quarterback most of the time. And we also should point out that here's how the Cowboys compensated for the loss of Leyton Vanderish Dumone Clark, I'm guessing played the most plays of his career. He ended up playing I want to say, seventy two snaps, so he missed one defensive snap ninety nine percent, and that'll be the highest I bet he's played. Michael Parsons played more sixty eight snaps ninety three percent, and Marquise Bell, who I thought had one heck of a game, thirty nine snaps fifty three percent. So what they were doing basically was they were playing Michah Parsons and Bell a heck of a lot more than normal, and Bell ended up I think second on the team, took Clark with seven tackles. R Clark led the team with eight tackles. And then, and for sure, in the second half, because I kept marketing it down, they started playing a true four man front and they were lining Parsons up as a linebacker off the line of scrimmage, and a lot of times on the line of scrimmage with five guys on the line, So he ended up playing a whole bunch of snaps at linebacker. And they did a heck of a job of holding Eckler down to a reasonable amount rushing guards.
Speaker 3: Right, how are they using Parsons as the linebacker? As a linebacker? What was it?
Speaker 4: He was standing up next to Demon Clark so off the line, I guess he would have probably been the week with no Okay, so when Bell wasn't out there, so it was one of the two usually at the at the linebacker spot.
Speaker 3: So it was a four man front with two linebackers.
Speaker 4: Yes, a normal four to three in Nickel, right.
Speaker 6: And that's what we wanted, That's what we kind of talked about.
Speaker 4: We talked about and uh, I thought they did a good job against the run, as evidenced by the stats right, fifty three yards rushing. They held Eckler to fourteen carries for twenty seven yards one point nine a carry. His long was six. Herbert had their long at nine. And it was a scramble, so.
Speaker 3: Very similar to the Cowboys stats rush lash football.
Speaker 4: Neither team could run the ball.
Speaker 3: Pollard was fifteen carries for thirty yards right two yards of carry, and the Cowboys got the bulk of their rushing yards from Dak.
Speaker 4: There was no holes. The offensive line has got to get better because Dak saved him.
Speaker 3: About you know what, it's happening all across the league, and you look at the rushing stats across the league this weekend and they were very It was down across the board and scoring was down too. There were only two teams had buys this week, so thirty of the thirty two teams played twenty Five of the thirty teams that played this week in Week six scored twenty one or fewer points. There were only five teams in the entire league that scored more than twenty one points this week, and only two teams had more than thirty points.
Speaker 6: And why do we think that is?
Speaker 3: I think it's because now you're coming into Week six, every team had played at least four games, most had played five, and defenses adjust to what offenses are doing to start the season, and so they've got Typically when your scout any game at this point in the season, once you get four games under your belt. You just go back the last four games. That's what the scouts usually do. You go back the last four games, and so you've got a good sample size there of the tendencies that offenses have and defense is adjusted to it. Now what will happen is offenses will tweak what they're doing, and it's a back and forth. You know, you had some backup quarterbacks playing as well, but not any more than what you normally have in a week six of a season. But and so that that also affects it. And there's some weather around the country too, But it's still unusual to have twenty five out of thirty teams that scored twenty one or fewer points.
Speaker 4: So there's before Savannah, there's a bunch of unscouted looks because you don't know what teams are doing. Mike McCarthy's big on that. Now you got scouted looks. So Bill's right now watched the offenses have to adjust. Dak's been sacked eight times in these last two games. He got hit six times and they had seven tackles for losses. So there you know, and Khalil Mack's good, right, Joey Bosa is good although he didn't play all that much, his.
Speaker 6: Snaps were he wasn't out there a lot.
Speaker 4: I was saying, his snaps were way down.
Speaker 3: There was something somewhat of a surprise that he was active anyway, thirty snaps. He had tow injury as well as a hamstring injury.
Speaker 4: But they did a good job of putting pressure on Dak. And so this offensive line, now it's the second time they've played together, they've practiced together. They need to buckle down. Uh. Tyler Smith didn't have a really good game. He struggled some and you're going to struggle with Khalil Mack. Just last week he had six sacks. So that's got to be that's got to be better.
Speaker 3: Who you're giving game balls to fourteen fourteen for sure, Marquise.
Speaker 4: Bell, you know he could always give it to the quarterback. But Brandon Cooks was pretty darn good.
Speaker 6: I was about to say, Brandon Cook's Brandon.
Speaker 4: Cook That was your guy, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: That was that your pick to.
Speaker 4: That was a heck of a route he ran for the touchdown. Great pass by Dak.
Speaker 3: Talked by Pollard on Derwin James was picking up the blitz and it could have affected that he may not of got home because Dak was back pedaling and Dak was buying time for Brandon to clear on the crosses.
Speaker 4: He was a crossing. He had motioned to the right and then went all the way back.
Speaker 3: There there was CD went in motion, so there was This was another example of putting a guy in motion and it tips off what the way the defense is playing. They were in man because the guy was following CD, and so Brandon was started on the right side of the formation. He was he was tight on the right side. Basically he was a few steps away from the light from the offensive line gallop on the left side. They both ran crossing routes and so uh and Dean Marlowe, who was defending Cooks, he didn't. He didn't defend it poorly or anything right. Cooks just had a step on him, and Cooks has enough speed and so Dak just had to back pedal and buy time for him to get to where he needed to go and made a great throw. But in the meantime, Pollard had to pick up Derwin James, which he did to use blitzing from the right side.
Speaker 4: Did you get faked out on Dak's touchdown.
Speaker 3: You know what, I didn't see it live. I did.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 6: I was like, what just happened?
Speaker 3: I had other responsibilities. We have a seven o'clock newscast, and I, yes, we don't have a six o'clock newscast anymore. We have a seven o'clock that goes an hour on TXA twenty one. And so I was talking Rangers at the beginning of the game. I'm talking Rangers. So I had to play catch up after the first series of the game. So I didn't see it live.
Speaker 4: I thought they had dropped Pollard for a loss. I was trying to find my notes, and oh, it was the.
Speaker 3: And all of a sudden, Dak was in the end zone.
Speaker 4: It was the defensive end forty eight.
Speaker 5: It was an eighteen yarder to Pu Lutu or something like that.
Speaker 4: I got it. He put a hit on Pollard right, and I'm going, oh God, why don't they keep running that place?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: It goes Dack prancing into the end zone right, and I heard I heard Brad's call on it, and he called, Dak got the Pollard got stopped for a five yard Oh excuse me, my bad.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's something that I'm sure they talked to Dak about this past week. I mean, there was early in that San Francisco series there was a like a zone read like that, right that Dak had running room, but he gave the ball to Pollard instead, you know, and they probably gave him, hey, it's take a look at this because they're they're pinching down on what we're trying to do running and there's open space for you, and especially in that situation with the fourth down play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even last night and Dak's press conference, somebody asked him, hey, what did you do in those moments when you knew you needed to run? And he said, based on everything that happened against the forty nine ers, he knew he needed to make a couple more rushing places so uses state, right, Yeah, he knew he needed to step up a little bit more and get some runs in.
Speaker 3: I can't remember. It was the first series of the second series against San Francisco. There was a play that there was a lot of running room for Dak, but he had tried to throw it. Actually he handed off. Okay play that I'm talking.
Speaker 4: About, But yeah, that all was good until the Tush push. Yeah, I just run a play. I don't think they've tried that before.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either.
Speaker 4: Maybe they won't ever again. Since it was less than a yard and he didn't even hardly get to the line of scrimmage, they asked They asked Dak about it, and Dak said they needed to push better.
Speaker 3: Better.
Speaker 4: It reminded me of when the practice indoor practice facility came down and we were trying to get out the door and I was like three or fourth deep, and my reaction was, you guys need to push better because they can't get the door open.
Speaker 3: And by the way, who's the unsung star of this.
Speaker 4: Game, Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. I mean, they got sixteen straight sixteen.
Speaker 4: Think about it because San Francisco with their rookie kicker was in the same position from two yards further forty one.
Speaker 3: Yards third round pick Jake Moody, and.
Speaker 4: Moody missed it. I think those were I think he missed an earlier one too, because they were both perfect and he missed two. And Dak's now sixteen for sixteen. You know, Dak, Brandon Aubrey, sorry, you know, did.
Speaker 3: You hear what? Yeah? Butter, Butter.
Speaker 4: Acts about Aubrey and he says, oh, butter Aubrey, they call him butter. That's what he said. He goes he's butter. He's smooth.
Speaker 3: He's been like that ever since he walked into Oh that's great, and and you want that with your kicker, right, it's like an automatic.
Speaker 4: And he later said, he goes in by the way he goes He's an athlete, right, he played professionally in soccer. He's an athlete. He's just an athlete that's kicking.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, first round draft pick, another first round draft pick on this roster.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: Huh he should have been right, Well he was, but MLS, Yes, MLS he was.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: That's right. All right. So that does it for this crew on mixing shots. And uh, we meet again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 4: Oh you forgot to ask me. See when they win? He doesn't ask me. How Missouri do this weekend? Oh?
Speaker 3: Did they play?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: See who did they play? The Vanderbilt again?
Speaker 4: They went to Kentucky and kicked their butts.
Speaker 3: Same team at Georgia beat sixty five to fourteen. That's right, Well.
Speaker 4: They beat him thirty eight to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Were congratulations how about that?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: All right? And uh so we will most of us. We'll see you tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 6: Cooys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.