Speaker 1: Hey, guys, Saga and Crystal here.
Speaker 2: Independent media just played a truly massive role in this election, and we are so excited about what that means for the future of this show.
Speaker 1: This is the only place where you can find honest perspectives from the left and the right that simply does not exist anywhere else.
Speaker 2: So if that is something that's important to you, please go to Breakingpoints dot com. Become a member today and you'll get access to our full shows, unedited, ad free, and all put together for you every morning in your inbox.
Speaker 1: We need your help to build the future of independent news media, and we hope to see you at Breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, Happy Friday, A little ladies Friday show for everyone. How's it going, Emily, It's going great. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's up with the guys.
Speaker 4: They'd been working hard.
Speaker 2: We'll give it that.
Speaker 3: We'll give them that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Ryan Griffin, we're both in New York. I mean, you know a lot going.
Speaker 5: There's a one hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: I am seriously, I don't know how you do in that weather. I just am not cut out for it. I will take a delicate flower.
Speaker 3: Hey, but you're a Virginians, so you should be used to it.
Speaker 2: I know, but I don't. I just can't. I don't know. There's something about the way I'm I'm put together that it just doesn't go that well. And I'm really and I'm a really sweaty person, like oh nice, oh I sweat, so it's disgusting. So yeah, I was very glad when I saw that situation because I was tempted to be jealous that they were the Zoran watch Party because that the like the energy seems super fun. But then I remembered it was like one hundred degrees and it was like, no, it's better for me to be here.
Speaker 3: So now I wish that I had seen you watch party, because you're making it sound like this like freakish, like there's some genetic anomaly in your.
Speaker 2: It borders it borders on freaquish, freakish. You have to be honest with you. I don't know if there's any other swimmers out there, but the many of the sweatiest women that I know are swimmers, so I don't know if there's something about like all that time in the pool. Anyway, this is way too much too much information for a friend.
Speaker 3: I know, it is but I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: In any case, there's a lot to get to. We've got updates on Iran. We'll do play some clips from the little Pete heag Seth performance yesterday that was kind of interesting. And we've got new potential deal with Iran, new potential deal with Israel. Also some horrifying reporting from Haretz about this won't necessarily come as a surprise, but they actually got soldiers to confess that the AID massacres are intentional, that they know these are innocent people that they're sluttering as a matter of course. So talk about that bunch of stuff going on with Zoran Richie Torrez defending him, some Republican congressman saying he should be denaturalized and deported. You've got a bunch of Democratic leaders who are you know at Krek, Kirsten Gillibrand just like aggressively racistly attacking him, Kathy Hochel sort of I guess, keeping her options open. It's like, y'all, this is the Democratic nominee. Voters chose him, So what happened to the whole vote?
Speaker 4: Blue?
Speaker 2: No matter who?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 2: Zoren also was on CNN, so interesting clips there, so a bunch of stuff going on there. Donors are plotting to try to see what they can do to, you know, overcome this horrifying communist Muslim takeover of New York City that they're apparently terrified of. We've also got the Jeff Bezos wedding that you were interested in chatting about, so we got that. We also have Peter Teal getting asked if he's anti christ by Rosstatat of course, and it's sort of like yeah, and him, it's like sort of awkwardly contemplating whether that could be the case for a moment, so that.
Speaker 3: On the New York Times podcast. I mean, where else should you be contemplating such things? But on the podcast why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean I have Ross in a certain sense kind of the perfect person to ask this question. Right.
Speaker 3: You've also neglected to tease that we have a wonderful Eric Adams Club. It's not the best Eric Adams clip, but it's a good Eric Adams clip.
Speaker 2: I mean, the competition is so it's so stiff that.
Speaker 3: He's now he's now in competition with Lori Lightfoot for like Greatest Blue Mayor.
Speaker 2: Like it's oh, he's in terms of the content there he has no, there's no comparison. You know that the searching of the child's room video is legendary, Like, you can't beat that. And then the sum up the year in one word New York because you can see someone opening a business or the planes flying into the town. Like, you can't beat this guy in terms of content. You can't beat him.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean your helal cart video was great, zoron, but I'm sorry. You just you can't compete with that kind of that kind of inspired content creation truly.
Speaker 3: Can't come for the king.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, that's right, all right. So let's go ahead and jump in with some of what's going on with this Pete Hegseth presser yesterday. Should we start with him raging at his former colleagues or should we start with his uh dictating that the media needs to talk more about how how you know good our fighter pilots are? Which one do you prefer?
Speaker 3: Both are good? Maybe we shoul start at the fighter pilots because the Jennifer Griffin clip gets us into that question of what the intelligence actually says.
Speaker 2: Yes, very true, all right, let me get rid of my dms here, let me slow down to one point zero speed. All right, I think we're ready to go. Here is Pete Hegsath yesterday. And this whole purpose of this briefing was to rebut the idea that the nuclear program in Iran was not completely obliterated and to insist that it was, and mostly to berate the media, I think was the true purpose of it. So let's go ahead and take a.
Speaker 5: Listen to this.
Speaker 6: How many stories have been written about how hard it is to, I don't know, fly a plane for thirty six hours?
Speaker 5: Has MSNBC done that story? As Fox?
Speaker 6: Have we done the story how hard that is? Have we done it two or three times? So that American people understand, How about how difficult it is to shoot a drone from an F fifteen or sixteen or F twenty two or F thirty five, or what it's like to man a Patriot battery, or how hard it is to refuel mid air, giving the American people an understanding of how complex.
Speaker 5: And sophisticated this mission really was.
Speaker 6: There are so many aspects of what our brave men and women did.
Speaker 5: That because of the hatred of this press, corps.
Speaker 6: Are undermined, because your people are trying to leak and spin that it wasn't successful.
Speaker 5: It's irresponsible, and folks in this.
Speaker 6: Room are privy to that information because of the proximity here in the Pentagon.
Speaker 5: It's an important responsibility.
Speaker 6: And time and time again, classified information is leaked.
Speaker 5: Or pedaled for political purposes to try to make the president look bad.
Speaker 6: And what's really happening is you're undermining the success of incredible B two pilots and incredible F thirty five pilots, and incredible refuelers and incredible air defenders who accomplish their mission set back a nuclear program in ways that other presidents would have dreamed.
Speaker 2: How about so Emily, there's a lot going on here, but it reminds me so much of the attacks that those of us who were against the Iraq war received back in the days, in the day of like, oh, if you don't support this war, then you hate the troops, You hate the troops, you hate America, you're unpatriotic. And so here he is saying, like, you know, what the media really needs to cover is how difficult these missions are. I don't doubt that's the case. But it also gets into this is the other part of this is one of many things that are driven me crazy about the way that the administration is talking about this is they act like it's something special for an American president to be able to drop bombs on a place, and that's actually the easiest thing in the world to do. The hard thing, apparently based on you know, the experience of our lifetimes is to not drop bombs and to get us out of conflicts rather than get us into conflicts. So what did you make of Pete Haggs's little performance here?
Speaker 3: He sort of reminded me of like my basketball coach, like, how many of you have thanked the point guard for.
Speaker 5: All these rebounds?
Speaker 3: How many of you have done that two times, three times? It was just like, you know, from their perspective, to be honest, it's politically smart right to go out there create this spectacle. And I feel like they're starting to do this more to stage the spectacle where you have a TV performer like Pete hegseth absolutely laying into the media over something. The kernel here is legitimate. Someone leaked part of an intelligence report and we're about to get into that to CNN and the New York Times, And it was something that said the administration strike was not successful. Now I'm curious whether these reporters, these Pentagon reporters, allow themselves to be used as props in these spectacles going forward, because that's basically what they were. That's it.
Speaker 2: But Emily, you also have to say, like, I think there's two things going on here. Number One, I don't doubt that whoever leaks this information wants us to get back into the lore. I don't doubt that that's the case, probably, But I also don't doubt that the information was accurate because we now have corroborating information from other sources that say, yeah, the enricheranium is probably removed, Yeah, it was not really completely obliterated. In fact, even the things this administration has put out has not say that, it said that it's been completely obliterated. So, yes, you have a motivated actor in putting out this leak, but the information is also accurate. So if you're a journalist, oh, you have a response, you have a response. It's not the journalists fault, Like you have a responsibility to put out information that is accurate and will help people understand the fact that the truth of the matter is. Trump wants to claim a victory and Okay, if that's going to let him not go back to this war, which by the way, I'm still skeptical about whatever, but it is probably a lie. And you know, so they want to attack the media over presenting what is in all likelihood accurate but yes, motivated information. But almost every leak, whether it's from within the government or from a source or whatever, it's very common that it will be a motivated leak to try to achieve some information, and you know, one way or another. So if you're as a journalist not going to publish that, then you're picking and choosing what information the American public is allowed to have access to.
Speaker 5: Oh totally.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting to see Pete Hegseth in this situation because to your point, and any Trump administration official in this situation, because to your point, this is the administration that campaigned on being anti war and the peace president or the President for peace, however they phrase it. And they now find themselves saying that the Pentagon Press Corps is insufficiently patriotic, which is amusing because the Pentagon Press Corps, I think crystal notoriously is like intertwined with the I don't know what was the best way, but like the military industrial complex and is eager to sell stories about how incredible these planes are, how incredible the you know, new munitions are, and like it. It's so to see the Trump administration then come in and say you're not selling this war enough after I mean, it's just it's a kind of an interesting like she was on the other foot moment, And I do have a lot of thoughts on the intelligence itself. I think I totally agree with you. So we should probably roll the Jennifer Griffin clip because that gets into what the administration is actually saying happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, all right, let's take a listen to this.
Speaker 7: It's about highly enriched uranium. Do you have certainty that all the highly enriched uranium was inside the Four Dome Mountain or some of it? Because there were satellite photos that showed more than a dozen trucks there two days in advance. Are you certain none of that highly enriched uranium was moved?
Speaker 5: Of course, we're watching every single aspect.
Speaker 2: Before he answers ys, let me just say that is a totally legitimate question, and part of what the intel that was leaked said is that and there were satellite images of like trucks lined up to move the in richeranium, and there have been other assessments as well that indicate probably most of the highly in richeranium stockpile was moved. So this is the most basic, obvious, like legitimate question you could possibly ask. So let's see how Pete Hegseth responds to this perfectly legitimate, fair question being asked by his former colleague.
Speaker 6: But Jennifer, you've been about the worst, the one who misrepresents the most intentionally what the president says.
Speaker 7: I'm familiar the ventilations chefs on Saturday night, and in fact, I was the first to describe the B two bombers, the refueling, the entire mission with great accuracy. So I take issue with that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you acknowledging that this was the first, the most successful mission based on operational security that this department has done since you've been here, and I appreciate that. So we're looking at all aspects of intelligence and making sure we have a sense of what was where.
Speaker 2: So she says, I did your bullshit propaganda, bro, Like, why are you coming at me? But she has also accurately reported on you know, some of the things he doesn't want to be put out there, and so he you know, he takes this moment to attack her as quote unquote one of the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not surprising at all because everyone at well everyone in like Trump world already doesn't like Jennifer Griffin because she does do a lot of the propaganda to the point that you just made Crystal and Tucker Carlson has since reacted by calling Jennifer Griffin a liberal. I think it's probably true that she's like anti Trump. I don't know if she's like conservative or liberal, but she's definitely sort of like pro military industrial complex and anti Trump. So it was like, and Heike Seth has attacked her before, so it was like he was ready to just unload this years of resentment from working at Fox towards Jennifer Griffin. Interesting that her voice sounded like it was shaking a little bit, like she was she was rattled and genuinely very angry. Totally totally fair. You are being dressed down on a Actually the question that she asked him, and this is how we queued up the video is completely, completely, completely legitimate. There were reports, obviously that trucks were moving away from the facility facility in the days before the strikes, and actually, if you I mean, there are a couple of ways that that could that could be a that could have been a deterrent and attempted to turrent to say like Trump, don't bomb for dough because we already moved everything. Or it could be legitimate, it could be real, and the administration is using two lines. They're saying total obliteration and severely damaged. There's daylight between those. There's actually a lot of daylight between those. So she actually was not asking a bad question, but it.
Speaker 2: Seems like, yeah, and this is the European assessment says Aron's uranium is largely intact. So yeah, it's you know, I mean, it's a pretty key question when you're thinking about, okay, well did you actually set them back and how much did you set them back by? This is you know, a core piece of this. And you have multiple assessments, including the one our own that was leaked to you know, New York Times among other places that says and CNN that says, no, the uranium stockpile is largely intact. So you know, I mean, which understores Listen again, if they want to pretend that you know, it's completely obliterated, and if that helps prevent us from getting into a war with Iran, okay, But it also underscores emily how stupid and pointless and risky this whole mission was and how ultimately counterproductive. Like if your goal was to actually set them back and make it impossible for them to develop nuclear weapon, there's no doubt that they that failed, like you have made it much more likely that they will rapidly pursue a nuclear weapon. The thing that had the chance to succeed was the negotiations that you yourselves blew up. So I think it is actually important for people to understand that no, not, actually nothing was accomplished by dropping these bombs. In fact, you have set back your own stated goals of preventing around developing nuclear weapon, not to mention that you have also set back the overall global goal of non proliferation, because other countries will be looking and assessing what happened in Libya, what happened here, you know what happened and what happened in Ukraine. Even and the fact that we don't mess with North Korea and we're fearful to get involved in a direct fight against Russia, and they will logically come to the conclusion that the only thing that can keep the US and Israel from completely fucking with you and trying to destroy your country is by developing a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: The administration is in I mean, this is why I think they put together that spectacle, because they need answers for what actually happened. And they keep saying that that initial report which was leaked was low confidence, and they've been using another word that illuse me at the moment, but it's a preliminary low confidence report, and that means they now have to convince the public that the strike was absolutely successful, but they don't actually seem to know. They don't actually seem to have the intelligence yet. And it seems crystal from all of the points you just laid out, there is a non zero chance that the Jennifer Griffin report, in this case, which likely was leaked by somebody who wants more action in Iran, she was reporting that it was set back by quote one to two months, and that's similar to The Times and to CNN. So that's why it's really getting under their skin because it undercuts the entire higher premise of what they did, and that's why, to your point, it was always really risky. So they need to they really need to come up with answers. I don't think it's impossible that the program was set back years. I don't think it was impossible that it was set back one to two months, but they haven't produced the intelligence yet to suggest that it was longer than one to two months.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, just a couple more things on this topic. So we now have reporting that the White House is going to limit intelligence sharing with Congress. They are trying to blame Democrats for this leak possible, I don't know. I don't know how much access Democrats had to this intelligence to begin with. They also are additional sidelining Tulsi to a greater extent, apparently than she already was, So they planned to limit classified intelligence sharing with Congress after leaks amid a political battle over what the intelligence shows. White Houses expected to send four of its top national security officials to brief lawmakers Pete hag Seth, Marco Rubio, John Ratcliffe, and General Dan Caine that he's the chair of the Joint chiefs of Staff. You will note who is not there. The Director of National Intelligence. That would be Tulsi Gabbard. It says she testified March that US intelligence agencies assessed a Run was not building a nuclear weapon, and she will be notably absent. According to the senior Trump administration official, Ratcliffe will represent the intelligence community. The media is turning this into something it's not emily, so that is their line on that, any thought, any thoughts on that report and on the you know, the sidelining of Tulci Gabbard, which is significant at a time when they're claiming also that they're following more of her what she would want to see, right since they are claiming that this is, you know, the end of the war and the ceasefire will last forever and ever and peace will reign for all time, I don't know why you need to sideline, you know, one of your most prominent sort of anti interventionist voices.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. I you know, simultaneously love and hate these types of news cycles where you know that it's a matter of years until you find out what's actually going on behind the scenes because people just flatly will not talk about it about like the personnel conflicts with Tulsa Gabbard, which could be minor, could be major. She could be significantly pushing back, she could be not pushing back at all, But we don't really know right now. We just have to put together the pieces from reports, from what they're saying publicly, like Tulsa Gabbard coming out and putting that post up that said her presentation of the intelligence was being misconstrued and you know, taken out of context by the media ahead of the strike. That was quite an interesting moment. And it's came the week after she put out that cryptic video about her what Nagasaki and Hiroshima. So it seems that, you know, there's something serious brewing, but I don't know how serious it is behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she you know, it could be the case too, that she just like annoyed Trump, right because she sort of stepped out from the you know, she she freelanced with that video and that pissed him off, and so now she's just sort of like out of the in circle because certainly publicly she's been pulling the administration's line on everything and backing Trump up and claiming she didn't say the things that she said, et cetera. But it could just be he's sort of irritated with her on a personal level because she, you know, grabbed the spotlight in a way that was not sanctioned by him. We've actually got Dave Weigel standing by to talk about Zoron, which I'm excited about hearing, you know, to hear from Dave about what he's seeing inside of the Democratic Party and efforts to stop Zoron in the general election. But first, just let me just mention this. So there is reporting from CNN the Trump administration has discussed a new potential Iran deal helping them access as much as thirty billion dollars to build a civilian energy producing nuclear program, easing sanctions, freeing up billions of dollars in restricted Iranian funds, all part of an intensifying attempt to bring Tehran back to the negotiating table. For sources familiar with the matter said, and you know, listen, who knows what they really are aiming for here? Who knows if these new gestures towards diploma diplomacy are legitimate or part of some new ruse. But it's clear that if you're the Iranians like you're not going to trust these people there's no way you're going to trust these people. And so even the framing here that they would have to offer all of these things in advance in order to get them back to the negotiating table where they previously were, and there were, like, you know, indications that it was fairly close to being able to make a deal if the Trump administration didn't have this hardline zero enrichment policy. It shows you that again in terms of their stated goals, the military action set them back from being able to achieve some sort of diplomatic and may have made such a thing completely impossible.
Speaker 3: And that gets again to the question of what the intelligence actually is, because if Iran is coming to the table with no nuclear weapons or well not weapons but no nuclear capacity and no highly enriched uranium or no ability to quickly enrich uranium, then they're in a different spot at the negotiating table. So it's just we don't know right now, and I don't know that the Trump administration knows right now because they don't have full intelligence yet.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's go ahead and jump to Zoron. Since we've got Weigel waiting, let me go ahead and welcome him in. Hey, Dave, Weigel. How's it going.
Speaker 4: That's good, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem, you hear, It's okay, and all that good stuff I do. Yeah, excellent. So curious to get your thoughts first of all, before I planning elements or whatever. I mean, what is just your sort of takeaway of the significance of Zoran's win and decisive victory over Andrew Cuomo in this week's Democrat A primary for New York City mayor.
Speaker 4: I don't you want to argue with the hyperbole. Often people overrate. I think there's an overrating of what this means for every Democrat everywhere. For what it means in New York, this city has been Democrats have been voting for progressive candidates people they thought for progressive candidates for a while, since twenty thirteen, build a Blasio. But the amount of things Zorn did and said that the media establishment said we're disqualifying, and the voters didn't care about that was fascinating. So the idea that New York Democrats say, we're tired of austerity and we don't need it right now.
Speaker 7: And we.
Speaker 4: That I think was intensified because Trump was president and Zorn's strategy was always see where the puck is moving. Don't just run a twenty twenty two campaign where you're going to apologize for their being crime. Run on affordability, run on housing. That made sense, But the degree to which he got more votes than Eric Adams did in the final round of voting last time, he got more votes than I think anyone who's won this primary since David Dinkins in eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: This Yeah, And you know New York's population has grown a bit, but the Democratic Democratic electorates has dipped. Sometimes. They just didn't the idea that he was going to be disqualified by being a socialist or criticizing Israel in the ways that he was happy to do, or having tweeted about defunding the police. That was significant, just that he was not disqualified, That Guomo was disqualified. There are so many elements to this, but just the reason he was covered to somebody who was interesting but probably not going to win those merits and re examination. A lot of New Yorkers said, no, I'm fine with it. I'm fine with everything else he's saying, because I went to my city to be more affordable.
Speaker 3: Right, And the question now is whether that extends beyond the Democratic primary, we have this video. Ken Clippenstein posted that we'll get your reaction to Dave of Zoran going on CNN with Burnette. Much more of this to come, surely, but let me go ahead and play this video and get your reactions of capitalism.
Speaker 8: And I think ultimately the definition for me of why I call myself a democratic socialist is the words of doctor King decades ago. He said, call it democracy or call it democratic socialism. There must be a better distribution of wealth for all of God's children in this country. And that's what I'm focused on, is dignity and taking on income inequality.
Speaker 4: Do you like capitalism?
Speaker 8: No, I have many critiques of capitalism, and I think ultimately the definition Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's going to get this NonStop from now until November. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And also but look at LOOKU won the financial district. It's not that everyone who works in financially they live, they live, they live in fancier places people who work in financial districts. But yeah, this was not an athema, This was not just qualifying for people. And I mean trying not to just recapitulate the last fifteen years of politics Plicans. No, Republicans who are now attacking him. They know that there's just a collapse of faith in every institution, uh even even theirs, even the even even the ones that they control right now. But being the party side of Donald Trump win and down Trump win by saying I'm going to protect Wall Street. I love capitalism, he didn't. It's assumed he loves capitalism and say he hates it is he's a critic. But the idea of a rig of a rig system, there have been different ways to talk about that. We've had ten years now at Bernie Sanders talking about it his way. We've had ten years of polls. Now, Bernie has never been a general election where he could beat him up with a billion dollars of ads. But but Poles saying, yeah, the guy who says as a socialist need and he thinks banks are destroyed or screwing us, and healthcare companies screwing us, I agree with that guy. There's just so much overlap. Joe Rogan's very helpful here, but shows like this personify this. And so when I hear the Bill Lackman's of the World, you shudder at that and say, well, this is going to make capital flee from from the city. Look, there are other externalities there but you but there are there are Trump voters. There are people who vote who voted against Harris for Trump, I should say, in New York who voted for Mom Donnie. And it's in that delta is those people who say, yeah, all the systems are rigged. And Eric Adams, who a lot of them probably also voted for, seemed like he was bowing down to donors, cutting services, reversing promises he made when people gave him money. If you say you're against that, even if you say you don't love capitalism, again, I'm pretty easy for a lot of people to swallow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's talk about some of the scrambling you mentioned, Bill Ackman that's happening right now behind the scenes to try to you know, for anyone but zoron effort for this fall. And let's also keep in mind Eric Adams has a twenty percent approval rating in New York City. That is the lowest for any New York City mayor as long as they've been doing polling, and well earned because he is a sort of cartoonishly corrupt, likely criminal mayor. The number of people who were like indicted or resigned from his administration in shame. I've completely lost track of at this point, he only is able to get out of his charges by appearing to make some directly corrupt deal with the Trump administration. Not exactly beloved within New York City. And yet now you have business leaders who are like, uh, maybe we've got to just stick with Eric Adams. Cuomo was also now said he's sort of waiting to see he's going to keep his ballot line and wait to see whether he actively competes in the fall. But you've got this New York Times report about Eric Adams meeting with business leaders who are desperate to stop mom Donnie's rise. Mentioned in here is you've got the Polymarket CEO in here, among others. Uh so, what do you know, Dave, about the sort of efforts that are going on with these business leaders to try to figure out some anyone but Zoron kind of a strategy.
Speaker 4: You summed it up pretty well. They're they're flopping around, They're not they're not quite sure what to do. They're they're looking for some diotix mac gonna that that will prevent him. You even have Andy Ogle's the trollish congressman from Nashville. I wonder if there's some way to board him. There was a panic because they know that, Yes, it.
Speaker 2: Was so aggressive that it caused even Richie Torres to defend Zoron.
Speaker 4: No totally tell him how out there that was. Yeah, absolutely absolutely, and I do I wonder for them that's going to backfire. But what they're what they're doing right now is honestly, again, people forget that a Blasio reaction a different, different climate. But if you go back and read the coverage whin to Blasio won the primary in twenty thirteen because he won a large part running and stopping frisk, there was a lot of the same editorializing it was New York is going to implode, crime is going to surge, the wealthy are going to leave the city, and Mom Donnie other parts of that scene and interview which I watched yesterday, he says, one, there's data that says most people who are leaving New York are actually working class people who can't afford it. And two they say this all the time, and the other just to say, Mom Donnie's premise and this is the thing that to be fair to actman if I want to. He just doesn't believe Mondanni's premise. And I interviewed him a few weeks ago about this is you need to prove that you vote for progressive you pay taxes and things get better, and people have not been doing that. Every Democrat agrees like there's has been this overlap between the as reclined abundance people and this are on people, whether I've like it or not, because that's where they agree. They want Republicans to not win elections, and they worry when Democrats win and screw up their Republicans win. So this is where the Adams theory is not very compelling. He's saying that the city has improved since he got elected, and it has in some ways. Crime is down, but it got more expensive. He has no answer for how it got more expensive. It's is the same position Kamala Harris is in last year and the Mandanni. It's very well put up put by him. I have to I praised him too much, but I interviewed him. He says it everywhere. It's he looks at Bernie Sanders and Burlington or progressive mayors in other cities.
Speaker 3: They have it.
Speaker 4: All the successes who raise some taxes and then suddenly you're seeing more public transit, you're seeing better services. Is if you gave an actman the chance to pay her taxes and he never had to be not that he takes a subway, but see homeless people sleeping on the subway, would he take it. It's a quality of life thing that mont Donnie's running on. These folks were talking about, don't believe because they have a vision that socialists are just going to direct the economy and everyone's gonna be on the streets. This is their view of what happened in San Francisco. I get that, but the Mount Donnie premise is, you know, we're going to raise taxes and improve things to everybody. When congestion pricing, I'm not trying to swerve too much, but talking to people when I was in New York covering this race, they're saying, that's an example. It's a tax. It has made more people go in public transit. That's been fine. There have not been a crisis. It's not really been working class people use who are changing their habits. That's been well. For people who are no longer driving into the city. They progressive. If there are anything, but please vote for us because Republicans screwed up. They need to be the party that can win and govern well and will include raising taxes on people. That that is the premise. They just don't buy it because every in their mind, every liberal city is San Francisco, but some liberal cities are Boston. Some cities are able to do this a lot better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Mayor Wilhelm does also loom large over this because and I but I also sense that mom Donnie is aware of that because as he has his communications director told us on election night that it's really important for them to talk about tangibles and deliverables instead of values are actually Mom Donnie told us instead of values and ideas, And that juxtaposition that like it has to be about it sort of reminds me what you're saying on the abundance front. It's like about putting things in front of people and making the social compact like more obvious so that it doesn't look like somebody's just talking about the police being racist and then crime goes up. You want people talking about the city being too expensive and having the rent go down or their rent be frozen or something like that. It just seems that he's actually sort of very aware of that dynamic too.
Speaker 6: He is.
Speaker 4: And there are people we have been talking about who view this a different way because the left is pretty global and it's thinking, as you guys know, the right, here's socialism, it thinks pulpot and the left says, here's socialism, it thinks like Oslo or Stockholm or Copenhagen or something. And what you've seen in the last forty eight hours is other elements of the right not even going beyond what Ackman's saying and saying. This is Charlie Kirsch, this is Matt Walsh, this is Ogels to an extent, saying well, this is what happens when you let in immigrants and they turned the city into a Third world hellhole. And their premise is that is going beyond the economic argument and saying that, well, pluralism and mass immigration doesn't work, and he's going to be the mayor of mass immigration that'll wreck the city. He wants to bring his anti colonial values from Uganda and India and wreck the cunt tree. I've noticed. I bring that up not because Acman's saying that, it's because there really is this cacophony of reasons not to trust Mom Dannie. And you've seen also this comparison to London, which is very popular JD Vans who made this joke, I think just once, but you've seen the clip a bunch of times saying you know, what's what's the first Islamist nuclear power going to be? It might be the UK because there are all these Muslims living living in the UK living, and there's a Muslim mare of London. But again I've I've been London fairly recently. There are things that could improve, but people pay a lot to live there. It has congestion pricing, it has some homelessness, it has a lot of things where if you copied them in American City, you'd say that's working really well and it's worth paying for all that. So that is that is the challenge is part of you're right, the Deblaso experience looms. But the first term in Deblasio people were pretty happy with it was the criminal defist perform movement and the other big topics that you put into it. But the intersection of crimindust reform happening just when COVID happened, how much of the rising crime was people shutting down and social cohesion breaking down? How much of it with bail reform and things like that. Yeah, Tom Dundee, and I did not run on his twenty twenty positions about defunding the police. He said that he's just going to hire more people to make the city safer without fighting with the end of NYPD, without shrinking it. That is important too. I want to see how that is litigated because right now there is Democrats who's like Cursey jail Brand, who have not endorsed him yet are saying they want to talk to him, and I, honestly I have an open mind about that. I want to see as he does these interviews. He's very accessible. What he says he might tack in if he no longer says, hey, I'm going to I'm going to be there and we're actually not going to touch the NYPD, We're just going to hire more public safety officials. Is that offensive to Bill Ackman? Do they not trust it? Because that's actually what's been happening in places like Philadelphia and Boston Standy eggobs obviously places where Democrats run things, but you don't care nightmare stories about how scary they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Bill Ackman and the CNBC crew. There's nothing that Zoron is going to say that's going to satisfy you know. I mean Akman has the twin concerns of like, oh my god, he's an anti Semiti and it's going to be sure Rea law and also that you know, God forbid that people get taxed a little bit more and buses are free, you know, like he has. And there's no amount of assuaging of those types that is going to ultimately satisfy them. And I don't even know that that would benefit Zoron because the fact of their freak count, in my opinion, benefits him. It proves that he's uncomfortable for them. But you brought up Kirston Jilbrand. I want to get your reacting. I'm sure you listen to her on this radio show. I'm just going to play a piece of it because it's like six minutes long, but you'll get a sense. So a caller calls into Brian Lair's radio show and is asking about, you know, oh my god, isn't Zoron antisemitic? And what's your response to this? And Center Kirsten Gillibrand is on the show, and interestingly, Larr is actually trying to someone defends. Zoron, who he spoke with, had asked some of these questions too, and the specific thing they start getting hung up on was Zorn's explanation of why he won't condemn the phrase globalize the into fada, and I'm going to pick up here you can hear. I think this part that I'm about to press play on is where Lair is trying to say, you know, I uh, I understand, this is why people are concerned, but this is also something that he hasn't himself personally said. So let me go ahead and see if we can start this here.
Speaker 9: Then he has supported or has supported violenceihawk, As that caller was asserted, can you.
Speaker 10: Again, Brian, I don't have all the data information, and I've never sat down with mister mom Donnie, so I've asked to have that meeting. I'm going to have that meeting. We will talk through all these things. He can tell me his views of the world and I can learn them firsthand. I think the reference that I had read with global intofada specifically, which is has very serious meetings that are violent and destructive.
Speaker 9: So it's which he says, and I pressed him on this on the show on Monday, but which he says are not calls for violence because into fada is a much broader term involved in all kinds of uprisings and resistance and things like that. So I just want to be clear about how, at least he defines it, and maybe he needs to be more clear. I don't mean this. I don't mean that. He did say here that he didn't want to be the word police, even as the mayor of New York if he's elected. But I do also want to be clear, and he said he does not support violent into fada. Is that there?
Speaker 10: So, Brian, I didn't hear your exchange with him, but if I was speaking to him directly, I would simply say that is not how the words are received. And it doesn't matter what meaning you have in your brain, it is not how the word is received. And when you use a word like intofada to many Jewish Americans and Jewish New Yorkers, that means you are permissive for violence against Jews. It is a serious word. It is a word that has deep meaning. It has been used for wars across time and violent and destruction and slaughter and murder against the Jews. It is a harmful, hurtful, inappropriate word for anyone who wants to represent a city as diverse as New York City with eight million people. And I would be very specific in these words, and I would say you may not use them again if you expect to represent everyone ever again, because they are received as hateful and divisive and harmful.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 10: So I appreciate that he told you he didn't mean that, and that's great.
Speaker 9: That's also clarify or he was clarifying that he never said globalized the antifader. He was asked in an interview if he would denounce the phrase globalize the Intifada, and then that led to this kind of conversation. You know that you were just referring to, but that he was never out there saying globalized the antifighter. He was asked about other people who used it. So just just to be precise about about what happened there.
Speaker 10: Yes, well, as a leader of the city of diverses, New York City with eight million people, as the largest Jewish population in the country, he should denounce it. And that's it, period, and you can't celebrate it. You can't value it, you can't lift it up. And that is what That is the challenge that Jewish New Yorkers have had, certainly since October next it is assuming October seventh. It is exactly what they have felt. It is why Jewish students in our universities have felt unsafe. It is why Jewish students have felt that their schools did not have their backs and cared about them or their learning. Because the people doing these protests use words that have meetings that are far more violent and horrific than they may have intended.
Speaker 2: So anyway we get the sense of what a Delibrand is up to there, David, what is your reaction to Kirsten Gilibrand, you know, picking up on this is one of the things that Cuomo and Whitney Tilson and all sorts of others in the primary tried to, you know, to corners or on on and to make him unacceptable because he's supposedly anti Semite, who you know, supports violence against Jewish people. And clearly in the primary context this did not work. And in fact, I think it's possible actually inord to his benefit, because while on the debate stage, all the other candidates were clamoring for saying how quickly they would run to this or that foreign country, most prominently Israel. He says, I'm going to be the mayor who stays here in New York and delivers for people, including Jewish people here in the city.
Speaker 4: A couple of things about that interview, I think a different part she says she doesn't want to be the word police, but being mayor sometimes you got to be the word police. That's not crazy. So when I heard that Bulwark interview, which is where this answer came from, I remind me a little bit of Bernie Sanders winning the Vada caucuses and then Anderson Cooper Asenholm that Cuba not a top voting issue for Democrats and standers is not backing down, and you do have that choice right as politicians to not back down. And generally Mom, Donnie has never has not backed down. This is a answer on should Israel exist as a Jewish state has been it should exist as a democratic state with rights for everybody.
Speaker 5: I E know, I E.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't be what it is right now, which should it should change its constitution basically, and that shocked people because you're usually not you know, can't say that in New York can win election. An he won an election. So you're right that Democratic voters did not see this as a litless test worth voting against him on. That is that is a factor in this race that has huge applications for.
Speaker 2: Many Jewish voters, including well, yeah.
Speaker 4: Look a the neighborhoods he won.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so the idea that and this is very very prominent story is you go to the neighborhood, you ask me what they're They're scared. They say they're scared. What's the context though? Six months of don Trump being president and Columbia University having money pulled away from it, people being deported because they criticize this role and they have visus. Uh, the context changed in the last six months. It went from who I feel unsafe because of this rhetoric to it looks like I'm not allowed to criticize this country anymore. And I'm not saying these are different people we're talking about who had these reactions. But I think, one, mom, Donny benefit from that, but two he has what is he going to choose just to not say some things that, beyond losing votes, would make people worry? And he said that. Another point says victory speech, he sort of needs to he needs to speak for everybody, even if he didn't vote for him. How was he going to interpret that? Does that mean he's gonna he's going to piss off some people who vote over him by not renouncing bds, which he has not renounced these sports bds, but not using some of these phrases. You don't want to be in an announcement with Olympics, which which sometimes happens in campaigns where you're asking to anounce this statement, that statement, this Endorsemer saysn't crazy to do denounce it. But again he said in November twenty twenty on Twitter, queer liberation means defund the police. And he's not running around every TV show is saying yes, I still mean the queer liberation means to the police. So I think he's going to be consistent as a progressive who thinks that Israel's one committing a genocide to should have its government changed constitutionally, three in the meantime should be boycotted. He believes those things. There might be a mayor of New York who believes those things, which is unprecedented. But how do you express it, that's the question. The only thing I'd say is that the interview is not very long, the bull arg interview. And if Democrats, i think, are risking a backlash that will help Mandanni if they Russian and repeat what somebody else said about him and don't look at what he's what he said. Adams has already been doing this. Adams just accused him of saying things he never said, supporting hamas being an anti anti semi and Adams Adams is not just generally not very honest. But there is a well, yeah, there is a risk. There is a risk though if if Mount Donnie is called out for something he said, that's a problem. But if he's slandered you've already seen Democrats are pretty sympathetic to that, and they're a little bit tired. Not all of them, but let's say forty four percent of New York are a little bit tired of being told you might lose your job. Well, the port you will shame you if you criticize what is Reel's doing. That is that doesn't feel very American to people, even if they even if they agree with with with like eighty percent of what is Reel's doing.
Speaker 2: Oh, Emily, we lost you. We're not hidding you.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: Let me pull up for you, David. I wanted to get your reaction to Kathy Hochel getting asked about Zorn, so you can talk about some of you know how the the powers that be in New York are responding, and they don't seem to be responding with a vote blue, no matter who message here. They seem very much to be weighing their options, which again is it's extraordinary. I mean, this guy won, he didn't. It wasn't a squeaker. He went overwhelmingly Democratic voter said this is the person who we would like to see normally, that's the end of the story in terms of the Democratic Party supports the nominee. And that does not seem to be the end of the story here. So let's take a listen to this. Will you support his candidacy and will you back him?
Speaker 3: The election is just completed.
Speaker 11: I get a chance to call and congratulate him on the Tuesday's primary and look forward to having a conversation. Honestly, there's areas of difference in our positions, but I also thinking have those conversations in the meantime. I really am not focused on the politics for six months away from the inauguration date, and that will determine who I'm working with for the next four years. And that's important that I'm doing on affordability and making New York City state and.
Speaker 7: Making the state. So that's my primary objective right now.
Speaker 4: So are you skeptical then of him?
Speaker 11: And then also the will of New York City voters new York Democratic primary voters.
Speaker 4: Do you think that their choice is not valid?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: I don't see how you can possibly include that from what I just said. I said that I'm going to be having conversations. I want to find out your positions on specific issues. But in the meantime, I'm working closer with Eric Adams, who is the mayor who we have a lot of work to do to get through a crisis right now. We just have a lot of people in our city under siege with expressive temperatures. We have to making sure our subways are safe, building more housing on the city of yes, which were the finish line. So as much as there's a lot of people, perhaps even in this room, who are very focused on the politics, I don't have the luck. I focus on governing and delivering for New Yorkers and working with the people that are in government today.
Speaker 2: What do you make of this, Dave? And how do you think Democrats ultimately, I mean you have seen so like came Jeffreys and Chuck Schumer said basically congratulations, will meet with you, but noncommittal. You saw Jerry Nadler come out and you know, directly support zora On. You actually saw Bill Clinton come out and basically say good luck in November, which you know seems to be a direct support even though Clinton was behind Cuomo in the primary. Where do you think that this is going? Are they going to try to pull basically another India Walton, who was the lefty candidate in Buffalo who knocked down a long time corrupt incumbent and then he came back and was able to defeat her in the fall with the coalition of establishment Democrats or like corporate Democrats and Republicans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I covered that race and honestly that was that was no offense to Buffalo, but it's Buffalo is not the media center of the world. And also Walton. The way that they went after Walton and beat the Democrat who ended up beating her was just going after her poverty, basically just unpaid taxes. Then she later paid stuff like that, and it was a lower profile race that they could do it with Doron. We just talked about all the flailing they're doing, and Adam's just done some of this, all the truss On baby did not figured out an effective line. But if you're a national Democrat, what is the risk of something this sign profile ending with Democrats betraying the Democratic nominee? How does that play out in two years? Four years? Look at how much anger Bernie Sanders engendered just for saying he was recruiting candidates to run for office Democrats or independents. And he would tell anybody he told me, but anybody who asked him he meant independence in like a place where Democrats can't win. He did not mean I'm a recruiting be able to run against them. But you saw the knee jerk. How dare he do this? He's not a real Democrat reaction. The party has very little credibility left, and I might be overstating it by saying very little. If it looks like it is undermining a duly nominated Democratic candidate, then it will be hurt in ways that we can't even predict right now. And I think that's where clets to me from what we're Hope's doing, because Hopel if I were calling, correctly endorsed Walton but didn't do anything for if she does that in this race, well, the complication is that she's got a challenger at Tendo Dogatu who is very pro Zorn and endorsed him already and says she should what she's doing right now. I was giving some giving space, I suppose for the Gila brands and vocals if they do want to have conversations with him and say, look, this is what happened with Trump in twenty sixteen. Trump wins the nomination and there are a lot of people who didn't support Trump who get meetings with him and say, hey, I represent ten million pro life voters. You should really be doing this and say this now, and you should can't this interview answer you gave and he did. Like this is the thing that actually Zorn learned a lot from having talked to him in the campaign that it's not like Trump got away with everything. Trump actually did change some of his rhetoric, change some of his answers moderate and so if they're doing that, I feel like they can get away with that if they if they undercut him, it will hurt the party long term. What would Democrats prefer? Would they prefer this situation or one where they can ever winn' the Senate ever again? Because there's a fifty to third party left wing organization that gets fifteen percent of the vote, Like that is that is the risk right now they have progressives in the tent and the best situation, I might sound what to do. It's the best situation for them clearly is Zoran Mom Dannie winning the election, being successful and in four years people saying that wasn't so bad. That is for the party. That's what makes sense. For some donors in the party, they don't want that, and that's complicated. But if you're elected Democrat and you want Democrats to want elections, your your choices are sabotage him and sabotage yourself, or try to just get him to move in your direction so you're both successful.
Speaker 3: It's been interesting to see the pod bros. I shouldn't use that as kind of derogatory, but like.
Speaker 2: We've decided bros as a slur now that yeah, I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Dan Feiffer and others being like, well, I just think it diminishes podcasting. Actually not not bros to be, to be honest.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 3: They have sort of started saying, what the hell is the Democratic Party doing in its reaction to Zoron? And that's been I guess I'm just curious if you think that's indicative of where other sort of younger establishment Democrats are going.
Speaker 4: I've been careful with this. I was joking with an editor that I probably popped myself traffic because I I think I my headline said that Democrats are keeping a respectful distance, and then some people said Democrats are in disarray and pointing fingers, and if we quoted the same people, there are some there are some suburban Democratic congress who are not endorsing Mom Donnie. I don't think Tom Swasey ever will. For example, even I just said that Swazi has to win a seat that's a tiny bit of Queen's and mostly in Nassau County. Pat Ryan in Westchester County hasn't said something the Mom Donnie. My understanding of Mom Donnie, I haven't talked to I talked to him last night. But about this is yes, he's going to give some people some room to not get on board with everything, which is what again Donald Trump did in twenty sixteen. He is not demanding every Democrat anywhere around the country. He says, I love Zora Mandanni. He's the future of the party. I agree with him on everything that he's not doing that. It's actually us in the media who were asking Democrats if they agree and the answer we're getting are I guess they're this in the two camps. One is or three one is just pure excitement, like AOC Yes, this is the way the party should go, or Bernie one is. Alyssa Slockin did this. I was talking to Abigas Banger span Burgerk yesterday and she did this is well, voters want things be affordable. We learn it in November. We're learning that now, which is a very diplomatic way. I think that's where most Democrats will end up. Is I don't agree with on everything, but if somebody like him can win. This is what they say about Trump, right, Like Trump's victory proves that people are worried about some of these issues and we need to we need to figure that out. That is the diplomatic way to do it. The least diplomatic is the Swazi way of I can't support this guy, and that camp is pretty small. So right now they're still on the hill. They're gonna be chased around, asked if they endorse them or not. I think that'll last for two or three more days. It might pop up again, because look, I have mentioned New York as the media capital the world, so specifically New York Post is there, and Fox News is there, and the New York Post can make anything famous. So there will be news cycles or Zoran does something where something is revealed and Democrats are asked about it. But I don't think that there'll be other stories that happen. I think the Democrats were safest will be the ones who have some yeuristic that says, yeah, I see why he's winning and people are angry, but I don't agree with him on X y Z. That's where I think most of them are ending up, because that's my conversation so far, and that's what makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: Gotcha all right, Dave Weigel, thank you so much for your reporting and for jumping on with us this morning. Always a pleasure to see you.
Speaker 4: Sir, thank you, no gree to do it.
Speaker 2: Interesting perspective from him about where the Democrats are right now, basically like most of them are going to get to the Slotkin answer of like, well, he ran on affordability, and that's what we need to focus on. So at the same time, you've got you know, you do have these Concerner, you still have Cuomo hanging out there, You've got Eric Adams obviously on the ballot line. Apparently there was some effort to try to pressure Curtis Leewa, who's the Republican nominee, to take some Trump administration job. He has ruled that out quite definitively, in a very Curtis Leewa kind of a way, with rhetorical flourish, and you're not gonna. But I think I think probably the most important point is that if Democrats really do try to rat fuck him, or even appear to try to rat fuck him, then it is devastating for them because here you have them having just lost this election, and they're all running oud, oh, we need someone who's younger and has ideas and that the bros Are into, and you know, can we back young people? And you know, create new energy in the party. And then he shows up and they're like, nope, we want Andrew Cuomo over the sky. It's crazy, and it comes at a time when democratic leadership is already deeply unpopular with their own base. And this is what's so different this that's what makes this moment so different, even from the burning moments, from the AOC moment, is at that time, most of the Democratic base was still enamored with democratic leadership. That is not the case anymore, so, you know that, which is part of why Zorn's able to succeed. Even though you had all of the establishment lining up behind Cuomo and saying you can't possibly elect this guy. He's an anti Semite, he's a radical, et cetera. People didn't listen and they didn't care because those leaders are now not only failed in the eyes of the broader public, but they're failed specifically in the eyes of the Democratic base.
Speaker 3: And into all of this chaos, a hero emerges.
Speaker 5: We utilize the letter F.
Speaker 9: We utilize the letter F for faith.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our opponents usually lettter F for profanity.
Speaker 11: Wa. We need to stay focused, no distractions and gry, no distracting and grad.
Speaker 8: And Rah we're straight ahead.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when he won all the ezra klines and all the like, all the centrists who were like, this guy's going to be a national figure, and now he literally has the lowest approval rating in New York City mayoral history. That's that's what's happened with him.
Speaker 3: And yet Focus, No Distractions and Grind would push him to re election seriousness, No, but but actually it could because it depends on how freaked out they're able to make people about their own mom, Donnie, and they're going to try able to get Bill Ackman into the race. It's just like many like, if you don't like zoon mom, Donnie in the city right now, you are absolutely cooked because you have Eric Abdams out there chanting Focus, No Distractions and Grind in front of a crowd of boomers seemingly like it's.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's just wild. The mask off with the oligarchs because Ackman is literally tweeting out things like I'm in group chats where we could raise one hundred million, you know, hundreds of millions of dollars for anyone who's willing to get in this race. It's like, Wow, they truly think they can just buy any seat in the country up to and including the presidency, by the way, with Elon Musk, and they're not ashamed of it. Like he has no subvlts. Just put that out into the world of like this guy wants to make the buses free and make it, you know, your rent cheaper. God, we can't have that, God forbid. So we're willing to spend one hundreds of millions of dollars. And I'm in the group text where we're trying to control everything behind the scenes, you know. Again, like that is part of the reason why so many people voted for Zoran because he represents a repudiation of that type of politics that Ackman is just openly professing to, you know, to believe in and be a part of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've painted themselves into a corner, and it's a catch twenty two for them. You know, you're damned if you're doing You're damned if you don't. You're damned if you from their perspective, if you embrace Zoron, because they don't believe in a lot of the things that he believes. And so that's just even the like ideological component, not even the political component, but if you don't, then you look like you are trying to thwart like as establishment democrats, you're trying to thwart the will of the voters. And so you really don't have any good options, Like if you organize an alternative candidate, it looks completely astroturfed. It looks like what they did to Bernie and Zora not benefits from this interesting scenario that the establishment has found itself in where they know if they if they try to beat him with some other mechanism, whether that's a third party candidate pouring tons of money behind like Eric Adams or Curtis Leewa, it has the effect of proving his point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hot Commedy Summer, that's what their Bloomberg's headline is. Well, Street's freaking out of her Hot Commedy Summer. Incredible stuff. Incredible stuff. Well, this is a good Well, we're gonna go ahead and transition to the premium show at this point, guys, Thank you to all of you guys for watching, and if you want to watch the full show on Friday's, make sure to subscribe at Breakingpoints dot com. In the portion that's Paywalld. We're going to talk about the Bezos wedding, and we're going to talk about Teal getting asked if he's Antichrist and the anti Christ. I'm very interested. Emily's done a deep dive on this one, so I'm super excited to get her take on that. And we got a few other clips that I wanted us to react to as well, including we didn't get to Joyreid on CNN. Sager and I are supposed to talk to it, yes, talk about it yesterday. We didn't get to that, so I want to try to get to that as well. In any case, thank you guys so much for watching, and the premium portion is going to start right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you like that video, hit the like button or leave a comment below. It really helps get the show to more people.
Speaker 2: And if you'd like to get the full show add free and in your inbox every morning, you can sign up at breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right, Get the full show. Help support the future of independent media at breakingpoints dot com.