Speaker 1: The following is the production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he.
Speaker 3: Scrugs Players Lounge coming your way, s WBC Podcast Center. Here at the Start, Frisco, the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: You know the crew.
Speaker 3: Danny McCrae, l Shu Bingle, Tiger, Heckma Harrison is here in the house getting things done.
Speaker 5: And we've got Barry Church, the.
Speaker 3: Toledo Rocket there trying trying to do well in the mac.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: You, your head coach, could could be in play for the Michigan state job.
Speaker 6: Soy him an extra forty dollars stay.
Speaker 5: Price is probably gone up to.
Speaker 2: Back up back.
Speaker 3: I have knew he scrugs here players, I was about to you buy tostitos.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Coordinators talked yesterday. I was trying to explain exactly what happened. Mike McCarthy trying to explain what happened here. Let's start with defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who said that there were three players who played well in that loss against Arizona Tank Lawrence, Malie Cooker, and Ron Blant.
Speaker 2: Don't start with you, Danny, you agree, Listen. I trust dan Quinn. Okay, I trust dan Quinn.
Speaker 6: I said yesterday that DeMarcus Lawrence played a hell of a football game.
Speaker 2: Okay. We did talk about Dron Blain a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming, I'm assuming that we are focusing on five to six plays. He's focusing on the entirety of the game and the situations that he put him in. We don't know the schemes that he called, what his actual job was on each place, so some plays we might have them get beat. And dan Quinn was like, Hey, this is what they're running, and this is what I want you to play, and then react to everything else. I haven't known dan Quinn and Mike MacArthur to get out here and tell lives about players playing better than what they've been playing. So I'm not gonna just all of a sudden start believing it now. He said d run Band played well. That mean he played with effort, intensity and he knew his technique. So I'm okay with it. Okay, So Drun blaying as we talked about yesterday is a okay all right, and DeMarcus Lawrence is still saying, hey, follow me, play like I play, and then you know what I'm saying, we'll have an effort.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest thing for me was he saw the same thing we saw.
Speaker 6: Everybody didn't play with the same effort and intensity as we usually play with.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: It was something going on to where we just weren't focused on the standard that we usually set as a defense throughout those first two games and actually all of last year. So that was the thing where I'm like, Okay, he sees it. He knows he needs to get out there and make sure these guys are motivated because obviously, you know, you know, revisiting week five wasn't really a thing is revisiting week three. So I'm I'm okay, man shout out, shout out the Duran playing. Hey, Hey we're sorry, bro, we just saw a couple of players. You know that that was off a little bit. But I trust dan Quinn. So Duran playing to be you know, singled out or actually tripled out, whatever you call it.
Speaker 2: He played well.
Speaker 6: You love dan Quinn, Doggy, that is your love for dan Quinn is a match. But we got to call capricorn on that man the flag on the plane because you watched the hunched the whole game, and I thought, I really did think that it was a confidence play from dan Quinn, just basically saying, look, I got a guy that got to start on Thursday. We went all week, all the way through the scheme and everything, and he knew he was going to play in the nickel uh with j Lou And next day, you know, we have to thrust him into the starting lineup, even on the side that he's not used to playing. So I mean, even as I dissected what he was talking about, I thought it was more or less, Hey, this is a guy in the last minute, had to go in and start, and he did a serviceable job. Obviously the penalties. He even said he with some of those penalties, like, man, it's just a part of how we play and if it's gonna be like that, we'll accept those things. But hey, guy playing in the last minute like he did, he did he did it well. He did a good enough job. You're gonna come home in DQ. Hold on last year when the cornerbacks went down, Okay, and we had to see Darn Bland and Bossman Flat and they shun right over there.
Speaker 2: Did dan Quinn lie about how they played?
Speaker 6: Did he come out here and say, hey man, hey, everybody played bad except Kevin Joseph. Did he say that, Hey man, hey listen, they got some stuff they need to learn. We're gonna get it figured out. That was the conversation that he had. That was their confidence booster. Hey man, you didn't play horrible stuff to learn. He didn't say that about d ron Blad. He could have just said, hey, Darn Blair played bad, just like everybody that he didn't say that. He's single them out as one of those guys who actually played well. So that's why I believe him.
Speaker 5: Man, I gotta go with heck on this.
Speaker 6: You know and like you, But you are right in the same sense as well when you talk about dan Quinn knowing more than on all of us as far as it goes to his defense. But when we look at it, it just looked like the man it was a little lost out there.
Speaker 2: Now, you are right. I don't know the system like that.
Speaker 6: I don't know the play calls all one hundred percent like that, So there could be some truth in there, but overall, I mean it was a small sample side think it was his first time out there on the outside. I don't know how many snaps he got there last year, but I would you know, this year was his first time on the outside. So we'll give him a little bit of leeway and we'll see, you know, what happens coming up here this week, because I'm sure dan Quinn will throw some wrinkles in there to help him on that outside. The only thing I'm kind of nervous about with that is does it take away from the aggressiveness of dan Quinn's defense, Like you got to dial it back a little bit because you may be ailing a little bit on one side during the second theary like do you throw a safety over top over there? And does that take away from usually you muddying you know, the inside of the field as far as the safeties are concerned. So I'm interested to see how they play out going forward. But I mean, hey, we all know d Las played well. He went out there and he did his thing versus the run in moleak hooker. Even though there was a lot of big plays out there, he minimized a lot of it.
Speaker 2: Like that fourteen when he.
Speaker 6: Was wide open on the car across her, across the field or whatever, and he was about to score Malik who did a great job sawing him down and making sure you know, they stop here at the ten yard last.
Speaker 2: So those two guys did play well. Gotta go with you when it comes.
Speaker 6: To dron Blad. But overall this defense needs to step up coming up this week, Aldgainst, New England. I listen, you know, I just you know, because I do. I think dan Quinn is the guy, okay, like I said, and I trust him. I just don't there are other guys. He could have singled out and said, if he wanted to get him a confidence boost, Masui Smith, ain't got no confidence boost.
Speaker 2: No, okay, you know you need even to go out there and play.
Speaker 6: And nobody got out there and said that he played well, like just just so they can say, Michael West and Michael Parsons said, well and if you trust okay, so if the guy's in the locker room in the defensive room, trust dan Quinn. Right, and we out here and then and there in there and dan Quinn said, you play well, you played well, You play well, and the whole meeting room is like hold on twenty six, he played well, like then you just lose a little bit about what you feel about dan Quinn. That's why I don't, you know, that's why I don't. I don't believe even to be true. But what do we know?
Speaker 2: We're not in there.
Speaker 3: You're calling Robert Solon, we're trying to sell out there, trying to sell sell his quarterback each week to his team.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: The look on his face says at all, okay, but I'm not in in the mean room because you already know we sitting there like hold on. You go back on Monday or Sunday night and y'all having y'all drink at the house or whatever we lost, and everybody.
Speaker 2: Like, hey man, what's called play like garbage? What we gonna do about them?
Speaker 6: And then you get in the meat room on Monday and like you here, hey man, you playing great.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what's gonna happen in that meaning room.
Speaker 6: Boys gonna be looking like hold on, wait, he played good and I didn't cause it used to be so mad.
Speaker 2: With Joe Banker was over the car. You ain't lying, but it could be the case. I gotta.
Speaker 6: Go it cout be on we don't know. My vote is Dan Quinn is being honest with us and he's telling us the truth and we'll see the one Durum Blaine get better and better each week.
Speaker 5: Bring memories from a man like.
Speaker 2: Seventy five. He used to be upset about them. Love was man like, we don't did that?
Speaker 6: We some cast get caught out, but hey, no, but everybody gets graded on the curve. And maybe that was him grading him on the curve based off of what happened this week. But I thought in the interview when he was talking about the first half versus the second half, he was very honest, you know, and they asked him a question about the defense and totally in him saying that, look this a warrior crew. I expect for these guys to bounce back, and he just looked at it. He looked at the whole game and basically chalked it up to look, man, they got us. It wasn't really nothing that you could say. And if you're looking for a bright spot, and maybe one or two like.
Speaker 2: Two three.
Speaker 6: Said down quinns being honest about his assessment of the game, and the other one, say twenty six he was lying on the.
Speaker 3: First half, five possessions, five scores for Arizona. So they got out to a twenty one to ten lead. Here, so let's fast forward this thing.
Speaker 2: Hold on, wait, you didn't You didn't say nothing. Who is he telling the truth?
Speaker 6: Was? Or is he darn played well or dan quiz just blow a smoke right now.
Speaker 5: My untrained eye, I felt like he was trying to keep.
Speaker 2: The smoke off.
Speaker 3: I want to know, I'm not going to give you people in the media the stick to go beat this guy up, so that that's that.
Speaker 5: That's how I look.
Speaker 3: We know there's gonna be times, and this is across sports from what I've covered, there were times when these coaches are like, I'm not giving you people in the media anything the right to get the guy down. My job is to pick million him. You alright, it's okay, good, you know, not to have you know, beat rod Aby's see. It sucks no good last year with the rod I mean you know that's because there there are people in the media waiting to do that. You know him, you know, to educated brother for the bank's krem it's black.
Speaker 5: He was probably.
Speaker 2: I'm not starting.
Speaker 6: To be honest guy, Okay.
Speaker 3: Now I'll say this so so, Terry Francone is retiring as the the manager of the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 5: He won two World Series with the Red Sox, and.
Speaker 3: One time he was asked and he said, yes, I lie to you guys all the time talking about the beating because you just like, hey, look there are times when what I need to do for me and my team, I don't need to let you all know exactly how, so do I say some things because I gotta go back in that room and I gotta go get those guys to play.
Speaker 5: So that's why I say.
Speaker 3: You know, my untrained eye, I can see him just saying, man, he was all right, man, don't you know, just because he's not trying to give us anything, which which.
Speaker 2: He could have said that you know, he played alright.
Speaker 6: Oh he could have said, hey, everybody played away except DeMarcus Lawrence, and you would have been just fine with that. Nobody could have tacked the run blind because you're gonna say, Stephen Gilmore is in there, Jordan Lewis is there who we saw give up along play. I just know he could have said plenty of things, but shout out to twenty six. Okay, I got faith, think you dot, even if these guys on the at the table don't have, I got faith. Okay, nobody said that, nobody, nobody, nobody plays.
Speaker 5: Seventeen great games. It's hard to do that.
Speaker 3: But moving it forward here, New England had one hundred and fifty seven yards of rushing against the Jets on forty attempts. So we just saw the whole blueprint going way back to when the old head coach of Denver Broncos Banjail, said this, this is the blueprint.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick is going to go and attack the team running the balls. If they got one fifty seven against the Jets, they coming, As Dion said, He's coming.
Speaker 6: Mac Jones, Mac Jones, listen, Josh Dobbs ain't ain't the nick like the most shifty quarterback of the fastest, but he Mac Jones ain't even close to that, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Reid option ain't gonna be a thing.
Speaker 6: Quarterback count gonna be able to do some of that stuff with Mac Jones unless it's him. You know, we rushing up the field and he's scrambling, you know, getting the first down or two. So I don't think it'll be the same. But you will have to buckle up your chin strap for Zeck and Stevenson. You're gonna You're gonna have to because that's what you're gonna see all game. They it was it one game last year, they was in the snow. They ran almost every since in the past, three times.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 6: You can't stop, you can't stop it. They gonna keep on coming with the just gonna keep it. Run, run, run, run, run until you figure out a way to stop it. So and I think that's a good test for us because we need to know, we need to know, We really need to know was this an anomaly or have we really fixed uh, you know, our problems that we had on front left for the last two years. Hey, y'all, remember when you used to be in high school and the teacher you say, put your books away, it's pop quiz time.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like that. It's gonna be like that every week, pop quiz every can.
Speaker 6: Y'all stop the run and until they prove that they can stop the run, and until they prove that they can stop teams in twelve personnel because we know Bill Belichick is the twelve person specialist. He has won Super Bowls with having two tight ends one two killers, one literally and one figuratively.
Speaker 2: You know he can do that. You know he's a kind of guy like this for real. I mean, but you know that he has the kind of tight ends that can get it done.
Speaker 6: And so when it comes down to the running game, when it comes down to the running game, it's gonna be hey, like you said, buckle up your chest strap. It's gonna be buckling. You gotta have you gotta bummer your chest strap, all right, because look, Bill Belichick, we know defensively what he does, he tries to take away you know, what your offense does best. And coming from his offense, you know that's what they're gonna do. They're gonna come straight downhill on the Dallas Cowboys. And you said that twelve personnel, so it's gonna force the Cowboys to be in a bigger personnel. You might not see that big you know, three safety package that they usually run out there. So to me, it's gonna be interesting to see because Stevenson and zeg you're basically the same type of back. They gonna run straight down here, one cut, straight down here, coming down in your face. So I want to see if pause on it. I want to see if Lvee the Moon Clark and those guys. Are they gonna come to the point of attack and force these guys back or they gonna do a lot of catching, because that's what we saw last.
Speaker 2: Week against Arizona.
Speaker 6: You saw James Connor falling forward three four extra yards on there because guys are catching out there.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: But it's gonna be a big, big time game for those two interior defensive tackles and those linebackers because they gonna try to get to the second level.
Speaker 2: We'll see if Mizi Smiff and them boys can hold up. Okay, first, it's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 6: Come on, I'm not I'm not addressing what you just said. Heck asked the question about how we feel about the linebackers, and you said it a little bit. I want to say this, they were confused last week. It reminded me it was it was a few years ago when we played the Baltimore Ravens and we were seeing those clips of the misdirection that was kind of getting them confused and they slowed our linebackers down. I think we saw that a couple of times like they were catching because they were so far behind, then trying to fight off a block four yards down. The feel from a lineman because they weren't able to see where the ball was going. Read this way, pull across, and they're, you know, one step behind. That means that linement is on you and these hooking guys and all of a sudden you trying to get out.
Speaker 2: We saw that a couple times during the game.
Speaker 6: I think Dan Quinn is gonna, you know, help them buckle that up and it'll be a little different this week against the Patriots.
Speaker 3: And let's squeeze our first break in here when we come back. Little white teas play calling from Mike McCarthy. Dak possible issue in terms of throwing the white receivers for touchdowns and the power rankings are out today, tell you how far the Cowboys have fallen in the.
Speaker 5: Eyes of the national media.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss it next right here on the Players by Tilts on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped flapped. He'll look for a first don.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, selling trade crypto currency pres.
Speaker 1: Scot's gonna rub this ship show running up the middle any scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: And Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 6: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 6: Home are away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back back to the players lounge.
Speaker 6: All right, your cowboy, Your cowboys head to Santa Clara to take on the forty nine ers and week five of the twenty twenty three season. Come out to mill of Life ay TNT Stadium on October the eighth, forty three watch Party presented by seven eleven cheer on the Boys alongside the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and rowdy while enjoying five dollars milli lights, barbecue, game day, fair and more. Gates open at six pm and kickoff is at seven twenty. For more information and to claim your ticket, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com Slash Watch Party, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Thank yet, Maherrison, you are in the players Lounge brought to you by Tostinos. You got heck Maherrison, Danny Mcraidberry Church, former Cowboys safeties on newly Scrugs. By the way, let's recap last night Monday Night thinks Philadelphia with a victory of twenty five to eleven. Dmac you had Philly winning thirty to twenty four. Hekma you had at twenty seven to seventeen Philadelphia. Barry Church you had Philly winning twenty four to seventeen, and I was all wrong. Had Tampa Bay with an upset and that did not happen. The other Monday night game we had the Rams at Cincinnati. The Rams lose nineteen to sixteen, Joe Burrow comes through. I was wrong again. I had LA winning twenty five twenty one. Church you had LA as well, twenty seven to fourteen. Heckman, you had LA winning twenty four to ten. And Danny you had LA winning nineteen to thirteen.
Speaker 2: No, that hurt him.
Speaker 5: Nobody was smoking to Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: I'm glad to be wrong. I didn't think he was gonna play, and he went out there with one leg. And I'm not even gonna give all the I'm not even gonna give all the credit to Joe. They defense is they defense is out standing.
Speaker 2: Henderson, He's like.
Speaker 6: That, all right, Why would you help the man out? That's what Hendridson has obviously beating this man asleep. Why would you help it out? Help give some help.
Speaker 2: Pick him up, take him on his side.
Speaker 5: He's gonna play. Let's go put in chess green.
Speaker 6: No, it was getting every snap I want, and I want you. I want to give my props later on the season. How I just did that for you. Okay, I'm not giving the credit to Joe Burrow for that. I'm giving it to Cincinnati's defense, all right, But.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I was wrong.
Speaker 6: I am glad I was wrong the Bengals to win. But I mean I'm picking with my with my mind, not with my heart.
Speaker 3: Well, we all lost out play calling for Mike McCarthy. Mike McCarthy said that he did not do a good job in terms of getting his three offensive linemen who got into the starting lineup enough practice time to you know, to prepare them. I should say so. Tyler Biadis, starting center, was out. Left tackle Tyron Smith was out. He dressed, but he did.
Speaker 5: Not play in the game.
Speaker 3: Zach Martin, you're all pro soon to be Hall of Fame right guard did not play in the game. I come into this and you guys let me know, and I'll start with you first. Here heckman, the Cowboys had eight drives in the game, five of them went into.
Speaker 5: The red zone. They only got one touchdown.
Speaker 3: So while we can disagree with some of the play calling and not getting in there, man if I and this is called me crazy, but if you can do this again this week it eight drives and go five to the red zone, get fifty, you should be you should have a better result.
Speaker 6: Thought. A lot of media games being played yesterday, and I love it. I mean, you don't want to throw your offense under the bus. But Tony Pollard had twenty three cares for one hundred and twenty two yards. I mean they stuck with the run. And if you didn't believe in your offensive line that would have you'd have switched that up, even though Dak had forty passes in the game. Like, red zone is a problem and there's no other way to look to look at it. Red zone is a problem, and a lot of people are looking at last year when we had Keller Moore and the improvement of what we had last season. They've got to find a way to fix it. And I don't know if it's communication. I don't know if it's what it is, all right, but especially like on those scramble trips when we see Dak trying to get out of the pocket and looking too that he's not looking at anything. So and obviously, you guys know that red zone isn't just goal line. It's twenty five thirty in you know where you consider that to be the red zone. And Dan Quinn even spoke about that, just how the field shortens, and I think the decisions have to be quicker. But New y'all agree with you. If you just clock in fifty percent of those, that's that game. It's a tough game. Everybody's looking at you like, man, you got you play it that. The Cardinals play you tough, but at least you win that and that made the difference in this game. Offensively, they got so much stuff that they got to clean up. And I don't know if that's not playing in the preseason. I don't know if it's the lineman being out, but either way, those little things with the offense between Dak and Ceedee Lamb, they have to get those things together and they have to fix it. I think they'll be better for it as a season progresses. Oh listen, I'm comfortable with the red zone. I was comfortable with the red zone when we were getting down there. We were playing great defense. We also said that there will come a time when the defense doesn't show up how they usually show up, and then we're gonna have to win it on offense, and that is getting to the red zone.
Speaker 2: Score point.
Speaker 6: All right, I am going to keep pointing out that although we did not get into the end zone like we were supposed to, we had opportunities, all right. We had faeball to Michael Gallop at the end where could have been a pass in afference, but a better places ball there. That's a touchdown, all right. Some of the stuff that we continue to run is not helping us out. Like when you get into the red zone, if you're able to force a defense to play man to man for whatever reason, for whatever you're doing outside of the red zone, you can force them to play man and man. That's when you see offensive coordinators be able to get creative pick routes, guys coming all the way across the formation again wide opening an end zone. When you're not and they're able to play zone, it makes it a lot more difficult, especially you know, if you're having trouble you know, reading defenses or figuring out whatever's going on with Dak Prescott. But if you're not able to force them into man and man, it's gonna make it more difficult for your those boots.
Speaker 2: That you try to run.
Speaker 6: If you aren't forcing guys to step up and react to the run and they're able to just turn and boot out and cover those tight ends that are coming across the field, it's nobody else what you've running out of space because you're already cutting off half of the field. So I think Michaelcarthy has to get a little bit more creative to figure out how we can open things up in the red zone because, like you said, it's already a condensed situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll get better. I think it'll better get better.
Speaker 6: You know, once that opficsive line gets more healthy, which we all understand that could be you know, fifty to fifty. But once that o officsive line gets a little more healthy, I think you'll see more runs down there in the red zone. They did a decent job this time, but they weren't able to punch it in like we've seen in years past.
Speaker 2: So I think once they.
Speaker 6: Can get that run game solid and consistent, then I think it'll open up more things. You'll see teams running more man in the man coverage because they got to have more guys in the box and stop the run, and they'll be able.
Speaker 2: To get more creative.
Speaker 6: But when it comes down to play calling and decision making, because they had that fourth I think it was fourth and three right there, and you could have just you know, took the kick or kicked the points, got that and kept that momentum rolling you decided to go for it. So I think there's two avenues there with play calling and the red zone that they have to improve on.
Speaker 2: But I want to ask you all three.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, after this small sample size and this is the first time McCarthy actually got tested as a coordinator out there, do y'all still believe Yeah? No, I'm still sticking with it. I'm still sticking with it because I'm not, like I said, I'm not sure what happened. We usually kicked the ball play to our defense, and I think that's still the recipe for success for us versus what we're seeing out there in LA sometimes. All right, So I think him playing to what he expects to be the strength of our team throughout the game, it just ended up not being that way.
Speaker 2: Do we need to get better than the red zone? Absolutely?
Speaker 6: I would like to address this offensive line thing because you asked him. I didn't really get to talk about it at any point through this season and last season. If you don't have a backup left tackle ready to go into the game, that you are not prepared well enough, that you are not prepared well enough. And then also also you should already have depth and know that a man. We need to get some of these guys some one reps anyways, but specifically on that left side. If you if that guy should probably be splitting reps throughout the week or.
Speaker 2: Keep him inside.
Speaker 3: He played well, New York drafted someone to play the left.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I mean, but you didn't, and he's probably not getting reps throughout the week. Let's he's probably didn't get reps last week. I promise you he's getting reps this week. Just I mean, because like you said, like you said, it's gonna happen. You know he's gonna miss some time, so you prepare yourself for what you know is already gonna be there. I was just about to give you credit for growth, and then you double down with the question. I like that though, because you insinuated without actually saying what you want to say that.
Speaker 2: We ain't goose just zone.
Speaker 6: How many times they got in the Arizona I got five out of eight times they got into the risk.
Speaker 5: With BA with three with three backup off ofs of line. Let me let me make sure, let me let.
Speaker 6: Me get no excuse. No, no, he's not making excuse for success. He said they were successful. Even though even.
Speaker 5: With that, even with that, now let's go back to your boy. Okay, I hear it.
Speaker 3: So Brandon Staley has this great idea, let's go for it on our twenty seven.
Speaker 5: This is what Justin Herbert was doing. Youk about a.
Speaker 3: Guy dealing okay against the Vikings forty of forty seven that four.
Speaker 5: Hundred yards three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: So this current time he ain't missing right seven pack your boy, as they have run the ball in the game fifteen times for thirty yards. He gives it to Joshua Kelly on a fullback guy and his dude had eleven carries for twelve yards.
Speaker 5: Is that smart play call?
Speaker 2: That was not what it was not?
Speaker 5: That's trigger that's trying to trick him.
Speaker 2: In fourth and three was fourth and three in the red zone. So you got the running back who was averagable? Was Tony Pollard averaging?
Speaker 5: And no, no, this dude, what you just to run.
Speaker 6: Roll out with Da Prescott with no options in front point?
Speaker 5: We stayed on point.
Speaker 2: You gave it an example, I'm giving it an exact it.
Speaker 6: Listen, Okay, I listened, and I'm with you. But but then the previous two weeks We've seen glaring examples of killing Moore and for and too many drives to where you like, bro, what is what is going on?
Speaker 2: It's consistent.
Speaker 6: I will say this though, there's a difference when you talk about those First your man's is playing with a historically great defense. Well, he is literally playing with the worst defense international football. And I'm not did I say that was an excuse? It sounds like I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: Sounds like they got it.
Speaker 5: They got some players over there on that d what you're talking about the quarter ain't do. But let's not act like they.
Speaker 2: Have the worst defense.
Speaker 6: That's not even The point is justin Herbert has gotten the ball with tom left on the clock and the opportunity to go win the game. And we've seen it the first two weeks where not even where it's like man, it just he got said it was like what we calling what is that? Put it in the ball in his quarterback's hands, and then but then when he didn't do it last week, it's a problem.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let me ask this, Let me ask this, Let me ask this, because I think I think coming into coming into this season, our one thing about Mike McCarthy was trying to figure out what the identity of this offense was gonna be, And in a very short time we figured out that identity.
Speaker 2: We're gonna run the ball.
Speaker 6: And we're gonna run into a fault, and we're gonna keep on running it, and we're gonna get this offensive rhythm and we're not gonna put Dak in a position where he's thrown across his body making these stupid plays. And then I see on the other side of the Chargers, even with the way that Herbert is playing, which was like, those are crazy numbers, what is the identity of the Chargers right now? And that's the thing that's following him there because you don't what is it?
Speaker 2: And I get it.
Speaker 6: But when you talk about identity, you just talked about identity, right, So what happens when you get tested?
Speaker 2: You revert back to your identity? Boom?
Speaker 6: What did we see the Cowboys do throw the ball forty times? When they're tested, You're going back to your daddy. So so what's the identity of the Dallas Cowboys? I mean, listen, they threw it forty times, they rushed for how much? I mean, it's not like they stop running the ball exactly.
Speaker 2: You was killing? Why why why switch?
Speaker 6: Eventually you got to if you down like that, you gotta start throwing the ball. But again again I'm still staying this throw the d ball right, all right? So you're watching the film, you say, man, we got we got these guys and these could be big play opportunities. We got to keep taking the shots because like it's open, you have to keep trying to throw it, and you know, we just haven't been able to capitalize on some of those those opportunities.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately.
Speaker 5: Let's keep let's let's keep this going. Let's keep just keep it going like that.
Speaker 3: You start help Harrison Church strut up. Boys are falling down in the rankings.
Speaker 5: Down bad.
Speaker 3: Let's see exactly what the folks are having to say about the Cowboys after the loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 2: To do that.
Speaker 3: Next Hell of the Players line by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 5: Press gut who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What do you weigh?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 6: Home we're away, we.
Speaker 9: Rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge. Do you eat, sleep and breed Dallas Cowboy Football.
Speaker 6: Tell us how you spice up the game for a chance to be named twenty twenty three Cowboys Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan, and win exclusive prizes plus a trip to Super Bowl fifty eight. Nominate yourself or another today at Dallascowboys dot Com slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 5: Heck Marrison, Danny Craig, Barry Church.
Speaker 3: I'm going to he scrugs. This is the player's Longe, brought to you by Tostitos. So the Cowboys, which were number one last week. It's a couple rankings, definitely top three. Well, the new power rankings are.
Speaker 5: Out and the Cowboys down bad. Let's start with ESPN.
Speaker 3: They've got San Francisco at one, Miami at two, Philadelphia three, Kansas City moves up to four, Buffalo at five, oh Dallas at six.
Speaker 5: NBC Pro Football Talk.
Speaker 3: Has the forty nine ers at Oneaammy at two, Philadelphia at three, Kansas City at four, and they have dropped the Cowboys, who were number one in their poll last week, to number five. NFL dot Com Dolphins number one. They've got San Francisco ran two, Kansas City, three, Philadelphia, four, Buffalo five.
Speaker 5: They've got the Cowboys at six.
Speaker 3: USA today has San Francisco at one, Philadelphia two, Miami at three, Kansas City at four, Buffalo five.
Speaker 5: Detroit at six, Pittsburgh at seven.
Speaker 3: Cleveland at eight, the Dallas Cowboys at nine, and the Ravens at tenth.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, now, look why y'all make all that noise at Detroit? Who did Detroit beat? Who did Detroit beat? It be Kansas City. I'm just saying, did they beat Kansas City?
Speaker 6: The team? And nobody shook their head when they said Kansas City was ranked the book, so Detroit.
Speaker 2: Then they go to Kansas City?
Speaker 9: They did?
Speaker 2: Somebody? No, It's like, are you believe you?
Speaker 6: Listen, listen, We've been talking about Dad Campbell Detroit. The Detroit lines looked like a totally different team. They look like a different team. I'm not I'm not shocked that somebody would would rank them and hit us after the performance that we put on last week. That was not a good performance. No offensively, defensively, specialty, you know, it is what it is. But yeah, that it wasn't a good performance all around. I don't the first two like the Buffalo Cowboys. I mean, you can mixmatch those guys. I'm good with that, except for the one that they had their walk away eleventh was it on the one list or eleventh? I long degree with that one. But when you look at those other lists. I mean, what teams would you take out, you know, to put the Cowboys in there? I mean, Miami, Kansas City, they bawling. He saw Philadelphia last night. So outside of the one of their way back there, I gotta agree with the first two. It's a lot of those teams in the AFC don't look the same to me. Can't City is one of them. That offense is starting to struggle. Mahomes is like he got he's locked in on eight seven for everything. But I would I would put Miami at number one right now. I mean that's just that's just it. And they're talking about that Miami offense, but not enough people talking about the Miami defense. Miami defense is balling. That's what's carrying without j Brown. Come on, man, that's what's carrying.
Speaker 2: A lot of it.
Speaker 6: But you know, this is gonna be week the week with us, man, it's gonna be week the week with us, and so I expected, but the Buffalo Buffalo, they come on, I know what you're gonna say. We lost by twelve to the Cardinals, they lost to the Jets. They didn't have Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: M So heck, just get back to what you said about Miami. So ESPN has them number two with San Francisco in front, and then Pro Football talking, but she's got got Miami too, with San Francisco in front of them, and then NFL dot COM's got them number one, and then USA today has Miami three with Philadelphia and San Francisco in front of the many issues.
Speaker 2: With that at all, just in front of them, I don't.
Speaker 6: I just think you know, one two, you can't be wrong on that because of San Francisco's defense. I think they're gonna always get the benefit of the doubt that I think. What thirteen game winning streak in the regular season right now, it's crazy. But Miami, to me, they're the hottest team in the NFL. And so this whatever they got going on with your soul brother number one, it's man, they working it, see, and that's type stuff happening. It after you go out there and put up seventy on Denver, Like we forgot about Denver. We watched them for all last season, and then Sean Payton got there and we were like, oh, it might be a little different. They got seventy put up on them, and if you watch the tax they stop. If you watch the take. Them boys aren't play no defense. When you get beat, you getting beat by fifty to twenty, I'm telling you, you like April, run the clock and you and that's sitting them players head Like, bro, we got to get up out of here.
Speaker 2: But I'm not trying to taste start reheal around here.
Speaker 5: What's up with these AFC West defensive coordinators? Got your boys? Stalley, Hey, let's go one on one with with Hill and now let's ride come into town, bobs up.
Speaker 3: I think they score with seven red red zone seven red zone trips and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Rats look bad. I'm like, man, listen, they tripping. Who's ahead of us on that last list? Where where like you said, like eleven.
Speaker 5: They're nine?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 2: Like up to five?
Speaker 3: Okay, up to Buffalo's of five, then Detroit six, Pittsburgh seven, Cleveland eight than Dallas No way, I mean.
Speaker 2: Come on, Cleveland? Is that an argument? Cleveland? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, Cleveland is a hall of a defense. A defense. Ain't this in the defense. But I'm just like Watson, it's a hell it's a hell of defense. I'm just I'm just watching what we did and who we played. You know what, I'm saying because you like the Buffalo, Buffalo lost to New York without Anon Rodgers and we beat them. I mean, but it's still New York without Aaron Rodgers, Like, it's still it is what it is. And they just looking at the teams that they play, and you know, the haburg I don't know, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They got to continue to get better.
Speaker 6: But by time, like you said, I'm not apologized the winner, and they keep finding ways to go out there and win.
Speaker 3: So so let me switch this in our last few moments of the show to Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott is not throwing a touchdown to a wide receiver since the Tampa Bay playoff win. So in San Francisco the touchdown pass was to tight end Dalton Schultz. Then they season ended Giants this year, no touchdowns from Dak at all. The Jets game he threw two touchdown passes, those were two tight ends, and then in the Arizona game it was a rico' daddle touchdown.
Speaker 5: The running back.
Speaker 4: So thoughts about a wide receiver league now, Boots, He's had opportunities.
Speaker 6: I mean, we've seen it in there, especially against Arizona he just got to put that thing on the money. I mean, we've seen one the CD, We've seen one of Michael Gallup. You know, they just got to get it on the same page. So I see more you know, touchdowns for the wide receivers in the future. But you know, as of right now, it just seems like him and his wide receivers just on on the same page.
Speaker 2: For whatever reason. Who not on the same page?
Speaker 6: Him or the wide receiver are both the connection between Listen them dudes is getting open.
Speaker 2: That's what I've seen.
Speaker 8: Them.
Speaker 6: Dudes are getting open and the catches are made more difficult by whatever ball is being thrown. Couldn't have been passing the fears, Yes, couldn't that have been totally avoided because he was way ahead of the guy and you just you know, put in the back of the end zone and let him catch the ball.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: I think those tight ends that are catching these passes, which is why when you see Arizona and you're rolling out cutting off half the field, those are the ones that are usually going for touchdowns, who come out easy touchdown By throwing it to a wild open tight end, he kind of got it in in the tight window in the previous game to the tight end. But those windows are getting closed up because people know that's what you're running, that's how you scoring. What are the Cowboys going to do to get a touchdown in the rezon? And that's what the defensive coordinators looking at saying, oh, hey, listen, make sure you're paying attention because one of these players is going to be a boot.
Speaker 2: So what are they insinuating with this? You know, it's like if the Cowboys won, would we have this conversation? No, we wouldn't have it.
Speaker 6: Now it's gonna be all they's go on the left hand, but I come on, man, come on now. Eleven we go to the Jets. Ceedee Lamb had eleven catch for one forty three. All right, didn't score any touchdowns? Okay, but he's targeting this man, he's getting him the ball. He's he's the numbers are there. He threw his first interception. Are we not looking around the NFL at anybody else's interceptions besides that?
Speaker 2: But then we're gonna say, oh, he had had a touchdown to a wide receiver. Word we two in one?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, we ain't owing three miss that we're doing today I'm.
Speaker 6: Starting to see this on all the TV shows everywhere. Now everybody's a dack apologist. Now talk about like talking about and then you can't come here and say nothing about what about it?
Speaker 5: What about it?
Speaker 2: So I can't say nothing about to do This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We spent all off seasons saying, you know what, wide receiving corpse not good, you need to improve it. Here comes Brandon Cooks. Now we're saying, Michael Gallop is back one hundred, ready to go. Ceedee, Lamb's gotten better out of good training camp. They were good at training camp. So now you're into three games and there's yet to be a wide receiver to catch a touchdown pass in a wide receiver league, and you can't ask the question, all right.
Speaker 6: So we're just gonna insinuate that what So what are we saying that that we need to We need to get our receivers and back on the same page in the red zone because that is the way to score.
Speaker 2: Okay, but when you.
Speaker 6: Saw eleven for one three, you didn't think that, oh, there's a connection between him and CD. When they played against played against were talking about the red zone. The question wasn't about the he said, he said to the what did you say to the WI he had thrown a touchdown to a wide receiver not in the red zone?
Speaker 2: Have we been talking about red zone woes?
Speaker 3: We've been talking about red zone And I spoke about the fact that there has not been a DAC touchdown to a wide receiver since the Tampa Bay playoff.
Speaker 5: Game, so they've been thrown to And then I listed who got caught?
Speaker 6: Where do you think they called him from the red zone? We're just talking about throwing moms and all that. Come on now, and that's what we're saying. They're not being They're not thrown far enough for them to even make the fifty sixty yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: I was like a little bit more. I'm not I'm not. I'm not beating up that presscott. I think that is. I think that's that's the point that.
Speaker 3: Rico Donald was a fifteen yard That was a fifteen yard pass, uh touchdown and he ran in school.
Speaker 5: Man, that's a running back, the running back, but he threw it to him. That was fifteen yards.
Speaker 2: It was it was a will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the scoonmaker was that was a quick but you yourself, bro, I like that bro, but like, I'm not going to say it, say, I can't say nothing, b I like, I can't.
Speaker 2: Nothing bad about that.
Speaker 5: So and like anything people say, is it a trend?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: When you start, that's that and that was how it was approached.
Speaker 2: Is this a trend?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: And so when your quarterback is making this kind of money, when your quarterback has been given the weapons and it's supposed to be an improvement, and we saw in training camp where they were actively working on this and you're not seeing a payoff.
Speaker 5: It is legitimate to ask the question, to bring it up as a topic.
Speaker 2: We get that.
Speaker 6: We're gonna give you three more weeks before you because yesterday you was real light and you ain't want to say nothing.
Speaker 2: I told y'all says week one. So god, it's just week one. It's just weak. It's here we are.
Speaker 3: We're gonna leave this as a discussion, which was robust.
Speaker 5: Here at the end of the show, Very Church was a hack Ma Harrison, Danny M.
Speaker 3: Crane players lines brought to you by Tostinos thanks to Jazz, Josh and everybody who is a part of the show today right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com Media.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.