Speaker 1: Her my rookie year. My welcome to the NFL moment was like I was rolling in like my my Toyota rental, and I park it in the way back of the players a lot, and all of a sudden, there's this huge semi truck rolls in and parks up right in the front and takes like two damn spots backs in, backs in. God can eat you up, man. That was like my first welcome edit. I was like, Holy, I don't even know you can buy some of my trucks. Welcome to Dudes. On Dudes, I'm Julian Edelman and I'm Rob Gronkows and this is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes. And on today's episode, in order to celebrate Thanksgiving, we are going to talk about some Thanksgiving legends. That's right, Jules.
Speaker 2: We get into one of the greatest running backs of all time popped out his shoulder, and his shoulder gone all right, Max, So we got jewels.
Speaker 1: We had ten games on Turkey Day seven and three record the oatter.
Speaker 2: Team that played on Thanksgiving not America's.
Speaker 1: Team, but it could be America's team now it could be. And then we get into our one and only and.
Speaker 2: The story behind the iconic but fumble on Thanksgiving, Oh my god, and we wrap up by determining what Thanksgiving dishes your favorite NFL players are, Football, Turkey. I love everything on my Thanksgiving dish, Jules, you.
Speaker 1: Got to stick around to the very end. Let's go dudes on Dudes. He's a production of iHeartRadio. Today's Thanksgiving and we wanted to bring a special episode dedicated to all Thanksgiving theme things. We're gonna go Thanksgiving players, We're gonna go over some of our Thanksgiving memories and what Thanksgiving means to us.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving, Jewels, the best holiday of the year for sure. It is you know, incorporates family, U incorporates Pilgrims.
Speaker 1: Pilgrims, Yes, Native Americans? Yes, not Christopher Columbus Native American. Dy. Yes, we're back. Food my favorite h in football? Oh? Football, oh my favorite? Right? All right, now we're talking with else family, family, yes, childhood memories. How there's so many memories associated with Thanksgiving. Fights, family fights, always fighting, your and there's Turkey Day football before you had organized football like Turkey Days just so much. What was your favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving. My favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving. Since I grew up on the West Coast, football started so early, so like you'd wake up, there wasn't isn't there a game at like nine o'clock, twelve o'clock. There's usually three games. Yeah, so you got a twelve o'clock game East Coast, a three o'clock and then a six o'clock West Coast. You wake up, it's nine o'clock and there's football on. So you wake up. Mom's already cooking. You organize your team for your Turkey Day game that you're gonna go play with your boys in stall Staff. You know, just just a bunch of fun. The weather is a little colder. Thanksgiving is the best. Thanksgiving is the best. I think of the times when we were younger, because when we played in the league, we never had things. We never really we've been righted on Thanksgiving for real, even in college too.
Speaker 2: You know, if you played football in the Division one level, you know in the pros, you never really had Thanksgiving. You're having Thanksgiving dinner with your teammates.
Speaker 1: Whose house did you go do for Thanksgiving? Whose house did I go to? Who was a lineman?
Speaker 2: Comley Yeah, I was at Dan Conley's house.
Speaker 1: Did you go that year? I've been to dan Conley Light always had Conley Conley and Mankin's him and his wife haves over. Like there was always a veteran group guy that always had all the young bucks when we were young bucks that didn't have family in the area would always host. And I remember Dan Conley did one year and he's like the best cookout. He made homemade marshmallows. I think he even made homemade beer for the night. Did matt Light have wild meat? Oh, without a doubt. So. Don't you remember Conley? He would do three turkeys. He would deep fry ir regularly like butterball, bake a wild game turkey, and then there's like a third turkey that he would roast or something like or barbecue. He did like three turkeys. He was amazing. You remember how good that food was. It was so good. The fry turkey right there they made in front of us.
Speaker 2: He let anyone get around it because he wanted to just make it spectacular and like to the tea of like the exact way it was supposed to be made. And it was good. Man, it was like moist when it was done. I mean delicious, who wait the most turkey on our team.
Speaker 1: Anytime it comes to kind of any food eating contest, in my mind instantly goes to Marcus Kennan. I don't know why, guy's.
Speaker 2: A machine just I mean he can lift the most, so kind of transitions to being able to eat the most.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite memory of Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: When we played the Detroit Lions, because we played them on Thanksgiving. I never really been home before or Thanksgiving in a long time since I was in high school, so to be able to play in Detroit. We got the win that week, we were Yes, we did. We had the throwback the red uniforms on that was That was one of the coolest games out there. Because Ford Field is one of the greatest, you know, atmospheres in all of football.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know, it's an old atmosphere in the old Factory, the old Ford Factory fields.
Speaker 2: Like down into the ground just feels like a football atmosphere. Like the new stadiums, the new domes, they're too futuristic, you know what I mean. It feels like it's it's built for entertainment, not for football. So Ford Field is still one of those domes that has that field. So I remember that game we beat him. There's a couple of fights on the field. I got in a fighter too, one of those dbs that are rushing on field goal. So he was rushing on field goal talking garbage. So you know, I'm the wingman. He's supposed to go like this and then that and try to take two guys. I literally just ran full speed at the dB and tried decking him on field goal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did that home and then it started a fight, and then Matt Light came over. He was pushing everyone around.
Speaker 1: He loved that action and I Light.
Speaker 2: But what I loved about Thanksgiving though, after that game was I hopped in the car with my mom because she was at the game, and we drove back home to Buffalo that night. So I got to spend Thanksgiving night with my family for the first time and quite some time, which was a privilege.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It felt good to do that. So I won a game, an NFL game in Detroit my rookie season, and then went home, had Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and then I went out to the bar, you know, Amherst al House, and I got to see everyone from my childhood, growing up from high school. And that's kind of the definition.
Speaker 1: Of what Thanksgiving should be. Man, it's hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bringing the old timers back. It's about bringing the old memories back and just enjoying them. Your family, your friends. You know, you don't forget where you come from when it comes to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: No, that Wednesday night, like we we don't get to experience it, but that Wednesday night before Thanksgiving where you get to go to the local bar with all your friends and stuff. I've done it a couple of times when it was on IR. It's just a it's a it's a comfort feeling because it's the people you you remember growing up with and you get to go home to a great meal the next day and see all your family and enjoy the fighting, the love, the love that's there, the fighting that's there, enjoy the football. I mean, it's just so, it's it's so what you remember as a kid, Like that's what kid kid life was.
Speaker 2: You know, that Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. They claim, I don't know. I think the Internet claims, or all the partiers claim it's the biggest party night of the year, Bigger than New Year's, bigger than any Saturday night out there. They say the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is the biggest party night in America? Is that true, Jewels, I've never done it before. I've never been out on a Wednesday night before Thanksgiving because I always have practice early morning. That's also why I love Thanksgiving too. I'm very thankful for Thanksgiving because of this reason. You always got out early on a Thursday from football.
Speaker 1: The best, Yeah, the best. You would get in.
Speaker 2: You would have a quick meeting, one hour meeting, and then practice would start at like nine am at the beginning of the practice, and you go out there, you practice real quick.
Speaker 1: You happy practice. Everyone's happy.
Speaker 2: Everyone's happy because they know they're going home right after this practice like the old meeting year in high school.
Speaker 1: No meetings after, yes, that is correct.
Speaker 2: You get a quick lifting or something, burn as many calories as you possibly could, so then you can go home and go to that whatever Thanksgiving dinner and eat as much as possible, show everyone up. And that's what it was all about too. There was competitions on how much you could eat, kind of like stroked your ego. I mean, it was just what dudes do, man, It's just I can eat more than you. Yeah, no, I can eat more than you, buddy, And then then it turned it into a fight.
Speaker 1: But that's just a dude. And I remember, you know, when you didn't have like when you didn't have the relationships with like the big top dogs yet and you'd eat that the facility with all the guys that you know didn't have their families. There. There'd be a huge old like population of guys in the freaking sna Everyone wanted, like Rob said, wanted to get their calories, and so you could eat as much as you could. Guys would be sweating and working out, and then you'd see a group of guys that didn't have their families and they'd have their their Thanksgiving in that cafeteria with each other and bring stuff back to their family or whoever's at their house. That's what it was, your Thanksgiving. Your family was your football team. When you were in these kind of situations you're in college or you're pro or young pro guy that didn't have their families, you know, you got to have that family time with guys that you played with. That's kind of something I remember too. From things.
Speaker 2: What's one thing that you're thankful for? Jules just one thing. We're gonna be thankful throughout the whole episode. But what's one thing you're thankful for.
Speaker 1: I'm thankful that right right now in my in my life, a lot of most of my family's healthy. All my family's healthy. That's like my daughter, my parents, my brother, and my sister. There can't ask for anything better than that.
Speaker 2: That's not can't.
Speaker 1: That's so lucky.
Speaker 2: That's the bigess blessing right there. That's for sure. You think I'm saying, I'm just we kind of already on the subject. We're already talking about it. The turkeys, how they're roast and everything. I'm thankful for the food out there, man, and how lucky we are to be able to eat the nutritious and delicious food that we do eat on a daily basis. I mean, we get organic food, We get food that's medicine for our bodies that you know, builds up our motor We get food that deliver us our energy that we need to get, you know.
Speaker 1: To get throughout the day you go.
Speaker 2: We get the protein that we need to get at all times so we can build up brote our muscles after our strenuous workouts. So just food, man, because without food, man, life is tough.
Speaker 1: Man, you get.
Speaker 2: Angry, you know, fragile. I mean, food builds you up with strength and courage. So I'm thankful for food, ma, Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great that's a great one to be thankful for. There's a lot of people that don't have food in this world, exactly, you know, and we're blessed, we're you know, like you say, we get to have the organic shit and all the good stuff and who that feeds our soul. There's a lot of people that don't even have food in this world. Remember, you gotta be thankful for everything, everything you got.
Speaker 2: All right, Jules, Let's get on to our first Thanksgiving guy who has plenty of Thanksgiving ties through the NFL.
Speaker 1: Let's get on to Emmitt Smith.
Speaker 2: I'm at Smith running back Dallas Cowboys from Pensacola, Florida. Let's see what the synopsis of I'm at Smith says.
Speaker 1: The great AI, ladies and AI, we need ten minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm at Smith standing at five foot nine inches and weighing two hundred and twenty one pounds.
Speaker 1: That's a big.
Speaker 2: Boy for five Gee, oh Molly, what are you?
Speaker 1: You're five to ten? What playing week, Man, I was big. I was thick. Yeah, he was even thicker, two set thick.
Speaker 2: He played running back in the NFL, primarily for the Dallas Cowboys and later for the Arizona Cardinals. Drafted seventeenth overall by the Cowboys in nineteen ninety from the University of Florida, Smith quickly established himself as a durable, high caliber player, known for his resilience and agility on the field. He retired as the NFL's all time leading rusher with eighteen three hundred and fifty five rushing yards, one hundred sixty four touchdowns, and earning three Super Bowl rings, all with the Dallas Cowboys, an MVP Award, and an induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Was he first ballot? First ballot? Was? He was? First battle? For sure? He was?
Speaker 2: And here's a quick fun fact, how am It's pregame ritual included eating two packs of peanuts m and m's, making him one of the most efficient candy fueled athletes ever. Man, Now, that might be the most impressive thing about his career. And I wonder if he ate those peanut m and ms on Thanksgiving Day after Thanksgiving dinner or if he indulge into some like pumpkin pie instead, or some apple pie with some ice cream and webbed cream with a cherry on top. Or did he love those peanut m and ms that much that he wanted sacrifice even on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: What do you think? I think it was Probably it became a superstition thing early on. I mean running backs in their candy you got marshawn with Skittles, you got em and smooth with peanut m and ms. I mean, it is what it is. These guys are sometimes like most of the time, the running backs specimen that just needs fuel and they could eat anything they want because they running and getting blown up all day and they're touching the lot. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Emmitt Smith, one of.
Speaker 2: The greatest running backs of all time, exemplified what being a star really meant, especially being on the Dallas Cowboys, like he was that star symbol, you know when he was playing with Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is that is true.
Speaker 2: Jarry Jones did say that, but he really did exemplify it that much. He exemplified what being a running back truly meant. They truly ran the ball and ran it with you know, conviction, with resilience. And also he's like one of the first guys to truly start that era of everyone wanting to be a running back growing up. Here's the thing, no one really wants to be running back anymore. It's it's twenty twenties and it's all about being a wide receiver, quarterback, tight end.
Speaker 1: It back in the day when it was Emmitt Smith, everyone wanted to want to be running.
Speaker 2: Back, everyone myself, and I knew I wasn't a running back.
Speaker 1: I mean, Emma Smith is huge. When I think of m SM, I just think, I think of the Cowboys, and I didn't like them. I didn't like them. Well, you were a sodiumn good. I was a forty ninety nine Ers fan, okay, and this was prime in like when I was watching football in the nineties and they were just so good. Him, the triplets, Him, Aikman and Michael Irvin, and it just seemed like that often he would low you to sleep behind that offensive line. He'd get lost behind the line, and I just hated him because he'd always beat us in Candlestick. It didn't matter. Cowboys were always beating us. Except for ninety five peanut epan ms. Did you have any superstitions before games or what did you What was your pregame food? I had a pregame ritual. I don't remember you just eating Hella pasta.
Speaker 2: I did eat HeLa pasta. But there was also the peanut butter and jelly I made with my mom's jelly.
Speaker 1: That was always a routine.
Speaker 2: If I had to do it every single Sunday to get me prepared and get me you know mentally right that I was on the right track and kept the tradition going of always having a PPMJ with my mom's homemade jelly and and on top of it a chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: Man, I love chocolate milk to this day.
Speaker 2: And I just felt like, you know, getting that protein in my system and the carbs.
Speaker 1: What better way to make.
Speaker 2: The tradition sustainable With my mom's homemade jolly, I'm telling you, the best jelly in the game.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that? Going around uncrustables in the NFL, there's like seven thousand. I heard PMT and the boys talking about it. It's crazy because peanut butter and jelly's always been like the athlete snack, Like you need a little quick calorie burned down. You need some calories, a cup of protein, some sugar, some bread, a little fuel right before you get a PBNJ. Throw a little honey on there for a little little NOAs a little extra sugar. That's what I would do as a kid. What jumps out when you watch Emmitt Smith's tape.
Speaker 2: I mean he was a solid receiving back as well as being a great runner. I mean he has a strong upper body. You've seen defensive linemen bounce off of him. Yeah, Like he can go into a hall and it looks like he's surrounded by five players and all of a sudden, he just has that killer stutter step with the backstep propeller and then he's out of that freaking like pie of dudes and he's running up to the outside now. And then he's kind of like a rabbit out there, like all these dogs are chasing this rabbit and no, none of these dogs can get the rabbit. The rabbits just playing games like silly rabbit. He's just you know, eating the care while he's running around everybody. But that's what made him so special too, man like know what could get to him and that that upper body strength, along with his ability and his footwork, just his versat utility is what truly made him that special and so hard to take down.
Speaker 1: What do you say, who do you who'd you hate going against? What kind of defensive ends? Well? Shorter shorter stocking is Emmitt Smith. He's a bowling ball. He's just got built in pad level man, almost, that is what it is. You would watch him get behind the offensive line. It seemed like their offensive line was fucking gigantic, and like he would sit there and be patient and then he'd have the quickness to jump cut and then hit the fucking hole, make someone missing the second level. He always had long runs and that's what like I always think of Emmitt Smith, just little paytiot runner, pay shiot runner, played behind his pads, low, see the hole, hit it and go, and like man did he he did it better than a lot of people. He was the best running back when he retired. He had all the numbers. I remember that. What did you think of it when he went to Arizona?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't really remember too much when he went to Arizona because he exemplified being a cowboy, you know, so much. He has insane records, that's for sure. He has the most career rushing gyards with over eighteen thousand yards rushing. He has the most career rushing touchdowns at one hundred and sixty four. Was that beat now he did at that time? Is that beat onred touchdowns? There's players that have more than one hundred and sixty four career touchdowns, but not rushing touchdowns. And he has the most the most career rushing attempts as well, with over forty four hundred two.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what's almost even more impressive, because what's the number right now that everyone talks about. Running back has about four hundred carries and then they get hurt. That's ten four hundred carries thirty six on touching the ball forty four hundred times. That's insane. You know, he didn't have like the wow speed, he didn't have the wow like stiff arm, but he was always just always productive.
Speaker 2: He had the wow lateral cuts he had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you think of lateral cuts in this generation, who do you think of one of the guys that we'll be talking about a little later. Oh who wha we'll bleep that, we'll bleep that well, bleep it. How about the Emmett Smith game, Oh.
Speaker 2: Man, when he you know, popped out his shoulder and his shoulder going while he went in the locker room for like what a minute or so, went to the sidelines wherever he went. He just came back out and played rest of the game and had like what fifteen plus carries.
Speaker 1: Against the Giants. Do you ever remember playing someone banged up and having a ball out like that? Like I was banged up? Yeah, you were banged up. I mean I never had.
Speaker 2: It to the level of I'm at Smith where he could barely even move his shoulder and every time he foul he was practically screaming on the ground. But he just kept going going and telling himself that he's not in pain. That's a football player right there.
Speaker 1: Man, shut up. I don't think so. I think he definitely got light of kin right up in the shoulder. He put that needle right direct injected, right. I don't know, but if you watch the game, you could tell, Man, he's in pain. Yeah, you're little something. I've done it. I've shot up that shoulder a thousand times.
Speaker 2: But you can still feel it. But it just takes the edge.
Speaker 1: Off you know, it's kind of numb, but then like you'll feel cracky and stuff. You're like, look the fuck.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can recall, you know, the AFC Championship game. It was not like I'm at Smith's story, but I went up to see him. It was versus Baltimore Ravens. It was my second year in the league. I was having that wonderful year and I caught the ball on the Bernard Pollard. It was kind of a hip draft tackle, and I swear like ninety percent of the time on hip drop tackles, the player does get injured. That's getting tackled. I mean, you're just not properly made to fall down that way with someone falling on top of you. If you're falling backwards and someone's on top of you, no problem. But your body is not made for someone to fall on top of you when you're landing on your stomach or on your chest.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Got tackled, he landed on my ankle twisted and I had a you know, super high ankle sprain, went in the locker room, got it taped up, and literally I had the same mindset, Hey, I'm not in pain. This is the AFC Championship game. I may never be back. If we win this game, We're going to the freaking super Bowl. That's what you know, you're just dreamed of as a kid. So I had to go back, and I'm telling you that shit, yeah I took. It wasn't lyto kine. It was the tour it all shot, you know, right there on the spot. I don't think it really did much because you know, a high ankle sprain and you're in a lot of pain. I mean I went out there. I was limping a little bit. No more catches. What some serious blocks to get to the super Bowl? That yeah, what was the craziest injury you ever played through in a game?
Speaker 1: That crazy snowstorm game.
Speaker 2: First Tennessee when you guys won fifty nine to nothing. Yeah, I was still at the University of Arizona.
Speaker 1: I was in the fourth quarter. I got to play a bunch being a slapstick slaptick back. Then cut a ball and Van der Bosch fell on me and I broke my arm. I snapped my forearm and I look over to Ivan Fears the sideline. I go, Coach, I think I'm hurt. He goes, stay in we ain't gotta know whatever was out a football coach. I'm like, all right, all right, and then freaking Hoyer through me the ball Like the next drive, I caught a ball with a broken arm. It was fucking crazy. And I come off and I'm like, chatty, O, I think I broke my arm. Dude Like he's like, oh well, I think everyone's kind out right now. I'm like, yeah, all right, whatever, let's do it. And so play with the broken.
Speaker 2: All that sucks, bro, I mean, it's bad. And then it's bad asked to play through an injury.
Speaker 1: But it does suck.
Speaker 2: Matter, it sucks. It's part of the game.
Speaker 1: The guys, the greatest players like Emmett Smith for this situation. When they're banged up, they find a way to be productive and they adjust their game to the deficiencies with their injury, and they still go out and ball. That's what makes a great player. Tommy Smith was a fucking guy that did that with the shoulder game. What about him?
Speaker 2: Most all time rushing yards on Thanksgiving Day as well, with over eleven hundred.
Speaker 1: Yards I mean Turkey Day. He owned the most.
Speaker 2: Rushing tds on Thanksgiving thirteen. Jesus His best Thanksgiving was about twenty nine carries, one hundred and fifty five yards and three touchdowns in nineteen ninety six. He's a three time Super Bowl champion with the Dallas Cowboys, and he helps secure back to back Super Bowls and they were both blowout wins versus my hometown, the Buffalo Bills. People still talk about those losses. How the Bills went to the Super Bowl. I think four years in a row? Was it three or four years earrow? I was only one years old, two years old, three years old, four years old, But it still hurts the city of Buffalo.
Speaker 1: EMMITTT.
Speaker 2: Smith put that big of a pounding on them, and a huge shout out to Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irvin on the team. I mean, what a solid team they had. Man and Troy Aikman. Was he the quarterback?
Speaker 1: Troy Tripletz. That's the team right there, the Triplets. Now what do you think of the Lions and the Cowboys always playing on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: I mean, I love how those teams are the tradition. I mean, obviously the Cowboys, they are America's team. They draw the most represents the Thanksgiving you need the Dallas Cowboys on TV.
Speaker 1: The Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: They became so bad at one point that it.
Speaker 1: Really it was like their Super Bowl. Yeah, yeah, it was their super Bowl because that was like their only primetime game for a long time.
Speaker 2: At one time, they were like ohing fifteen all sixteen the league. They were winning two three games. At the time, it rarely wasn't important that Detroit was playing on Thanksgiving. It might have been important for the city, but it was important to all of America that the Dallas Cowboys were playing on Thanksgiving. But now it's just as important when the Detroit Lions. Everyone loves Detroit right now, they're kind of becoming like America's up and coming team.
Speaker 1: America and coming of the middle Upper Midwest they called it Midwest, they call it the Midwest, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always bordering the Canada.
Speaker 1: Actually always Canada's team. Actually, well technically Detroit is the only city where Canada is south of it. EMITTT. Smith always. He was also known for his his game day fits. Yes, yeah, pullovers right, yeah, no, that's that's what he's endorsed by now pullover diapers.
Speaker 2: Oh it depends right, yeah, Because he's always dependable in Dallas He's always dependable. Representing depends adult diapers because you can depend on EMMITTT. Smith to take a dump on the other opposing team defense. Yes, on the defense.
Speaker 1: It's pretty crazy. He did that whole polka doont like overall outfit back in the day when guys would always wear suit and tie. Like to think about it now, like that's how everyone dresses now. Everyone dresses like it's a fucking runway before the game to get your shot, to show that you're cool, your style, this, you're that. And Emmitt Smith was like a pie near in that. Look at that fucking alfie. That's kind of fire. Would you wear that, rob if it was Halloween? What was your game day? What was your game day outfit? My game day outfit? Man? You know me?
Speaker 2: I was a shortened T shirt guy. Every single week that was all free T shirt, free shorts, free sandals. I was showing up every game like that guy.
Speaker 1: Wore Jordan sandals nine years that I've known him, the same pair in the locker room. That's what he roll up in just like this. He look exactly how he was dressed right now, just like this, because this is all free stuff. And he'd roll up the shirt he roll up in the game that you'd see him. You see him in the cafeteria, grab some food and grab a couple of pev and JS, and I'm good, and then he's good, just thankful for it. Just the basics, Jules, I don't think I've I think I've come across Emmett at a like a banquet or a function, or a charity event or some event Emmys. Smitch just looks like happy and cool and rich anytime I see him. He's got a great smile, he has an age. He looks exactly the same as he did in high school. I don't think he's got the hair anymore, but salt and pepper beer. I mean, my guy could cut a rug too. Emmitt Smith actually won Dancing with the Stars. Does Dola win Dancing with Stars? Like Emma Smith? Right now, this is after Dancing with the Stars. Did Danny win? Wait, this is after we don't know if Danny went, But right now we can imaginary think that like if he if he wins, and you say he won right now, then we'll look like genius says, But if we say he didn't he won and he didn't win, then we'll look like morons.
Speaker 2: I think Danny is gonna win Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: You think Danny?
Speaker 3: No, he won, Dan, Danny won Dancing with the Stars. Fucking let's go Dola shout out time. What kind of dude is Emmitt Smith? I would say on three one two three, DoD.
Speaker 2: I mean he was relentless man. I mean like dogs, dogs get hurt and they don't care one bit. They just keep on going. Imm Smith just kept going.
Speaker 1: He's a crazy stud. Because you think about it, when you think of that generation, like when I think a dog, I think of someone who like he won every year. He didn't have to have to be a dog like he was the pedigree. Everyone knew. He was the guy, one of the faces of the Dallas Cowboys, which was America's team. He had the pedigree. He went on Dancing with the Stars. He won Dancing with the Stars. You're telling me, dogs go out there and win some Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: No, dogs don't go out and win Dancing with the Stars, Studs. Do dogs go out there and Dancing with the Stars and lose the first round.
Speaker 1: Because they're just so happy to be there and they're just.
Speaker 2: Roughing around and they can't figure out what to do because they do it. They do it at one hundred miles per hour and going out there and just being so careless and running over everything in.
Speaker 1: Sight, motivated to win, but yet know how to do it. Yeah. So then I just talked to you. I talked to you and talked.
Speaker 2: Me into it. To us, he's a stud.
Speaker 1: Stud stamp it. We'll be right back after this quick break, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, who we got Jules. We've already talked about him a little bit. One of the greatest running backs of all time, plaid for the other team that played on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Not America's team, A team, America's team. Now it could be could could be America's team now, yes, up.
Speaker 2: Near Canada, could be Canada's team. It could be America's Upper States team. Yeah, Midwest, those type of states.
Speaker 1: So let's get on Barry South.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's go, let's see, let's see what AI has to say about him. Barry Sanders, at five foot eight and weighing two hundred pounds, played as running back for the Detroit Lions. Haling from Wishita, Kansas, Sanders burst onto the scene at Oklahoma State University, where he set multiple records and won the Heisman Trophy in nineteen eighty eight. Drafted third overall nineteen eighty nine, he became known for his electrifying agility, elusive footwork, and explosive speed, making him one of the most thrilling players in the league's history. He surprised many by retiring at the age of thirty one in nineteen ninety nine. Is it that big of a surprise. I mean, I retired when I was twenty nine years old, like he was in his thirties, But he must have been that good still.
Speaker 1: It surprised everybody. I meant to put in perspective. He won Offensive Player of the Year in ninety seven, retired two years later.
Speaker 2: Over his career, he amassed fifteen two hundred and sixty nine rushing yards in ninety nine touchdowns, earning ten Pro Bowl selections, the nineteen ninety seven MVP Award in a place in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Jesus, what is the first thing that you think of when you hear the name Barry Sanders?
Speaker 1: Jewels my childhood, if you made a crazy like cutback play, or you made someone juked out, you juked someone out of their jock or something, and it was just like you were doing a Barry play. Like that's Barry Sanders made Detroit relevant and like only went to the playoffs like twice or three times in his career. Instantly think of the plays where like he has four guys draping on him and then he jukes like two guys and then a guy thinks he's down and thinks he plays over and he's still running on the other side. Barry Sanders was so electric. I think Barry Sanders would not like he would be even crazier in this generation. That's how good he was. What do you think of when you think about Barry Sanders.
Speaker 2: I think about Ford Ford vehicles, I really do, man, and he was all the vehicles.
Speaker 1: Combined in one. I mean, that's actually not bad with Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He wasn't the size of an expedition, but he played like he was an expedition. He was like an explorer that had like a V eight engine from one of the cars that they you know, from the Ford Mustang. Yeah, and he had like monster truck tires, like the big wheels like from a Ford raptor F one fifty.
Speaker 1: So this guy basically could do it.
Speaker 2: All out of the backfield. I mean he could, you know, catch a ball. Obviously he could run. He was so elosive. He made guys fall face first. You know, it's so imagine that being a defender. You're a professional defender as a linebacker, a safety, and you go to tackle somebody and you totally miss and fall directly on your face. That's what Barry Sanders did to these folks.
Speaker 1: You know, I just want to I want you to describe Barry Sanders as like a Ford model. Make color INTI your exterior INJA like Barry Sanders. What color car is he?
Speaker 2: Barry Sanders would be the grayish color white gray.
Speaker 1: Take a bullet like a silver bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I like that, Yeah, silver bullet. But like love by everyone. You know, Gray's loved by everyone, it really is. You can't hate on gray.
Speaker 1: What about what's the interior?
Speaker 2: The interior have to be something flashy?
Speaker 1: Why flashy?
Speaker 2: Because he was flashy on the field.
Speaker 1: So like a red leather, No, it would be it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be red, it'd be it would be blue, a blue ray lions color blue leather.
Speaker 1: Gray and blue. Do we got a sunroof? No sunroof?
Speaker 2: It's a coop because we're dirty. We get down the business. We don't need a sunroof.
Speaker 1: V V eight is like a shell dog.
Speaker 2: And then we got Ford Raptor tires, but we also have they're also on like twenty two inch rims, so we can be you know, run over a folk when we need to, and we can just but still.
Speaker 1: Get out of this when we needed to.
Speaker 2: Any racetripes, just just one, just one solid one that goes away.
Speaker 1: What color is that race stripe? That's black? What's the licensed plate number? Twenty twenty?
Speaker 2: Because he has twenty twenty vision as well.
Speaker 1: Out in the football, this joker did have great fucking vision. He probably had mostly vision in the history of the game. I want to see this car. We're gonna have to make this car up buying prints lying.
Speaker 2: Prince Oklahoma, Oklahoma state mascot.
Speaker 1: What is that the guns? Yeah, cowboys, cowboy guns.
Speaker 2: Carr's badass and I'm not even a car guy, and I just I just built my my first car ever. He spected three hundred and twenty thousand dollars right there?
Speaker 1: Could that car win the Daytona five hundred percent? Winning the Daytona five hundred a year and a year out every time, every single time he didn't win a Super Bowl. What if he's just the fastest car on the on the block, but someone then they go, you got me here, Then they smith car and they win the super Bowl. He never won a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So oh man, you're right, he's not winning the Daytona five hundred. He's getting suckingd third place every single time.
Speaker 1: Or he's probably crashing like he's winning the race by like three laps.
Speaker 2: He had a bad he had. It wasn't him that lost the race. He had a bad you know when you go in for the pit stop. Yeah, he had a bad crew around him. Every time it took like how long does it take in a pit stop usually in Nascar, I.
Speaker 1: Mean we're talking standard, probably thirty eight seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well it took his team like a minute twenty every single time minute. He just had a back you know, bag pit crew, bad pit crew, bad team around him.
Speaker 1: His measurables. This guy ran four to three or forty four inch vert so you know, Barry Sanders is dunking at five eight and twenty seven reps at the bench. The one of the funniest quotes that I always think of when I think of Barry Sanders. I watched the documentary with his dad. They asked him, mister Sanders, who do you think the best running backs of all time? He goes, yeah, Jim Brown, myself, and then my son. He would never give his son the two spot behind it. That's crazy. I love his dad was so tough on him. I love it. So I knew about that.
Speaker 2: Actually, you told me that before we were going to talk about Barry Sanders.
Speaker 1: So what did I do? I went and called your dad.
Speaker 2: What he said, Frank Addleman, Frank Nuts the nuthouse, Papa Frank himself. He ranked his you know, top three slot receivers number one. That's why I love Frank. And this is when you know he truly loves you, Jewels, because you're number one, and I don't argue with that. I don't argue with that. You know, Frank's on top of his game. Number two Wes Welker and number three Dola. I don't know where he got Dola from at number three, but you got admit, he's loyal. He's loyal to his son and he's loyal to his son's friends. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: He also ranked his top his top three tight ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ranked the top tight ends. He goes number three, Mark Bavaro. Mm hmm monster.
Speaker 2: I would say Mike Bavarro from just stories I've heard from players that played against him that he was the strongest tight.
Speaker 1: End ever in history.
Speaker 2: I've heard that too, Yes, Like he would take defensive aasan linebackers and just lock him up right in the spot and not let them move.
Speaker 1: He was just that strong. His grip was through the roof, they said.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking like players that played against him or freaks of nature. And they said, Mike Bavaro would dominate every single time.
Speaker 1: So what if you guys grab each other? Who who Mike Bovaro would? I don't know. He's stronger than me, Okay, I don't think so. And then number two on my dad's list was Kelsey and then one of course was Gronk and.
Speaker 2: I love you, Frank Nuts you got you got a wonderful dad, great dad.
Speaker 1: I like dal Nut House Papa, though edel Nut House Papa. I like it all right. What was what was Barry Sanders' best Turkey days? He was He had ten games on Turkey Day seven and three record winning record. Barry Sanders loved Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Sucking all time in Russian yards behind given behind.
Speaker 1: I'm at Smith, behind Emmitt Smith.
Speaker 2: His two hundred and ton carries on Thanksgiving Day for nine hundred and thirty one yards. He just couldn't break that thousand yard mark on Thanksgiving. That's tough.
Speaker 1: He should have came back just for that, right, yes, for.
Speaker 2: That, just to say he had over a thousand yards on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: We're talking about moments in his career, but him retiring at such a young age, and he was like, I think he was a season away from being the all time leader. At his retiring date, he was like, if he would have played that last season, he would have beat the record, and he just walked away. He didn't really care about the records. He just wanted to win. I think he got beat down from losing. You know that. He doesn't say that in any of his documentaries or all. You know, you watch his interviews, but I mean, if you if you go out for a long time and you're dominating and you you're losing every year, that's going to take a toll. It shows kind of player he was. You know, he loved football as a game, not for an individual statistics. I mean there's a these stories of Jerry Jones two three years later going to him and say, hey, man, you sure you don't want to come play for the Cowboys or something. I've heard that a couple of times too.
Speaker 2: As a player, you want to always tough it out. Yeah, you never want to show that you're weak. The second you show that you're weak, you've kind of beat In the NFL, you got to always have that standard set, that bar set, that nothing's gonna take you down. And the second that you let that go and you let things take you down, you're not gonna be able to perform. You're gonna get out worked, you're gonna get ran over. The other guy's gonna beat the crap out of you. So that mindset always has to be there. And if you get beat down, even though you look like the best player on the field, it's gonna come back and haunt you in the end. I've been through that situation before. I bet you've been through it the end of your career as well, where you just kept taking beatings, injuries. You're trying to play through a knee, a forearm, whatever it is, and then finally you're like, man, I can't take.
Speaker 1: This no more.
Speaker 2: And I feel like that's kind of what happened to Barry Sanders. I mean, yeah, he was the greatest of all time, one of them. He looked unbelievable out there on the field, but he was always losing, always taking a beating. You just don't know what these NFL guys are going through at all times, you really don't.
Speaker 1: He still hasn't let anyone know why he retired, like he kind of has. I mean, he was fourteen hundred yards away from the old time rushing record that Emmitt Smith went to then beat three or four years later. A couple of years.
Speaker 2: Later, he did talk about it a little bit when he retired, that the passion wasn't there for him anymore. If you don't have that passion, which can attribute to just always getting beat down not winning, there's no reason to be out there on the football field. It's not good for the fans, it's not good for yourself, it's not good for the organization.
Speaker 1: He's just kind of basically.
Speaker 2: Said there was nothing left to really play for, and he didn't really see the Detroit Lions being a Super Bowl contender either. Yeah, and if they were, if the Lions were truly going to be a Super Bowl contender, I feel like that would have gave him the passion, the influence that he needed to go back out there and because that's all he truly doesn't have is a Super Bowl ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you remember when the passion left for you?
Speaker 2: I do. I mean I was beat down. It was my last year. I mean, we won the Super Bowl when I was on the New England Patriots, when we beat the Rams, and I went into the playoffs knowing that I was going to retire. Dude, I mean, this is the year. The pounding on my body, all the injuries were flaring up. I was running slow.
Speaker 1: Especially.
Speaker 2: The passion definitely decreases for the game of football when you start losing your skill set because it's not as fun anymore. When you can't just run by someone or just throw someone around. It's not fun when you're the one getting thrown around and the guys on you like white on rice when you're trying to run a route. So it was like that year. But I was just putting the team first and I knew, you know, I could come through in the times that I needed to come through for the team, and we ended up putting in to the Super Bowl, So it couldn't have worked out any better. But winning that Super Bowl, it was just kind of a relief that the game was over. Yeah, but I got that passion back when I took a year off, and then it kind of started fading away again, you know, my second year in Tampa. You know, that's when I knew that it was probably, you know, time to hang out up again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that's that's kind of how my mine went down as well. When I was in practice and guys that I should be dominating were coming close to covering me. I was like, yeah, it's I have to work way too hard to and it hurts way too much. Yeah, you're you're not doing it if we weren't winning at that time, so I could. I you know, it's hard to be in pain while you're losing and have to go perform.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm thankful for all the good times when we're in our mid twenties, Jewels. Yeah, like when everything was just always feeling like looking like just always feeling good. Yeah, you're just activated from head to toe. Just your running form was just always on point. It was like it was easy. You're just felt like you're going through the motions, even though you were going full speed and running by people. Man, those were the days. Thankful for those days as a player.
Speaker 1: It's young, dumb and full of yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, the best, the best days for you.
Speaker 1: You wake up and you can sprint thirty hundred and without even warming up, without even warming up, He'll bop someone in the one on ones. Take it to team, come lay the wood on, forced down in the box. Safety.
Speaker 2: What about Barry Sanders in college too? Man, he was one of the best college football players to ever.
Speaker 1: He was fucking unreal.
Speaker 2: He won the Heisman most rushing yards in the season over twenty six hundred yards.
Speaker 1: I mean, and his dad hated Oklahoma State because he was an Oklahoma Suitors fan. I'm so infatuated with that story.
Speaker 2: That's that's why he'll never put his son in front of him running back in the end.
Speaker 1: I bet it's crazy, but I think that's what drove Barry. You know, he wanted his dad satisfaction, and maybe his dad knew that the dads always know us the.
Speaker 2: Best, the greatest, fine fuel and the the titious things.
Speaker 1: Man like the titious things. What's that word I'm looking for? Tedious?
Speaker 2: Titious, tedious, tedious. I like titious things, you know. I just like what I said. That's why that was on my and I like not gonna say the word, you know, the first part of it, only because tedious we're appropriate show, but tits titious is always on my mind for some reason. Titious, though, is what the word I was reading going for, tedious. So the greatest dude find you know that motivation. For example, say if you just said something that I didn't like in the locker room that day, and I would just go out in the field and I would be like a f this guy, Jules, I'm gonna make sure I'm open every single freaking play so he doesn't get a pass.
Speaker 1: So I can go back in the locker room and be like.
Speaker 2: Great, day to day you had, Jules, you had zero catches I attend just because you said something that was fed up to me in the morning. That That's what I'm talking about. Just finding those tedious moments makes people great. Just finding that motivation for absolutely no reason that shouldn't even be motivation, just so you can go out there and just drive yourself to another level. It's like coach saying something you three days ago in a meeting that you don't like, and you're gonna go out there and prove the him that he was wrong.
Speaker 1: Barry Barry Sanders was titious.
Speaker 2: Yes he was, hopefully we thank you was. I never met Barry before, never talked to him about this, but we're going. I mean, he was the greatest of all time. He had to find motivation somehow every single time.
Speaker 1: One of the great showdowns on Monday Night Football that I still remember was the Barry Verse emit game. We haven't done it on games and names. Need to do it on games and names. But it was Week four and the ninety four season Monday Night Football. Cowboys hosted the Lions and Detroit went up into Cowboy Land, Jerry World old Jerry World at that time, and won twenty seventeen in overtime. Emmett what a fucking duel. Listen to his stat lines. Between the two best running backs in the league in the primes of their career. Emmett smid twenty nine carries one hundred and forty three yards in a tug. Barry had to out duel him with forty carries one hundred and ninety four yards and one touchdown. Epic battle between these freaking running backs. That was like a playoff game intensity, the closest you can get the playoff intensity. And it was because it was Emmitt Smith versus fucking Barry Sanders. It was such a crazy match. You remember that game. They were really young though. I know I remember that game a little bit because I was a little bit older than me. This was in ninety four. This was my first year of football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember. This was my I was five years old.
Speaker 1: I was eight years old.
Speaker 2: Like, what made the Detroit Lions like not good during that era? Because they had Barry Sanders? What made them not good? Bad?
Speaker 1: Offensive line? Bad? Like did they have more? What was it?
Speaker 2: What was the reason why they weren't good?
Speaker 1: Jeles You need a quarterback? No quarterback, no quarterback. And they went through a lot of coaches, I think, and they got through a lot of coaches. I don't know. He deserved better, He deserved I mean guys that deserved. I mean, thankful for Barry. Everyone's thankful for Barry Thanksgiving episode. Truly deserves better. So who's on the mount rushmore running back four four running backs top four of all time.
Speaker 2: O man, I mean, you gotta put those two in that category.
Speaker 1: Jim Brown's got to be in there. Jim Brown.
Speaker 2: Then I'm gonna go with Adrian Peterson as my fourth.
Speaker 1: What about Walter Payton? I know, but he's before your time, He is before my time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know too much about Walter Payon.
Speaker 1: Marshawn Lynch's Shawn Lynch. I mean, but is he great all the time? No, he's not. He's not. He's not on Mount Rushmore now Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: He's one of the greatest known running backs of all time. I want to rebut personalities of all time too.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Bill always talking about Jim Brown and how like dominant he was. If we'd be talking, he'd hear us talking to the locker room about sunning. He goes, do you guys see Jim Brown fucking dominant? Like he was just a man child. All old timers love Jim Brown like that's their guy. We didn't get to watch him in the flesh, so like he don't get to appreciate him. But you gotta put him on there. I think he's on there. Tomlinson Lt. Lt.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard to do a mount Rushmore of running back Marshall Falk. Oh Man Rushow Falk was so good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go this. My mount Rushmore would go Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Marshall Falk, Marshall Falk being the fourth because he's like that, the tweener, the new generation running back where this guy could catch a hundred fucking balls and rush for a thousand yards in the same season, which I think he did. There was Bo Jackson, Thurman he didn't, he didn't have enough. Thrman Thomas was a monster. Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Slate would be mad at us slad Gals. He didn't. He didn't have a long career though.
Speaker 2: There's so many, man, that's tough to do a mount Rushmore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Barry was behind Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State had some running backs. How about that running back room in college? Derman Thomas, Barry Sanders. They went natty that year. Are you not in the National Championship with those two guys. The saddest stat of Barry's career, though, is that he only played in six playoff games.
Speaker 2: It is sad, that's crazy. Everyone loves Barry Sanders. Everyone wanted to see his career just keep on going ten minutes. What kind of dude is Barry Sanders?
Speaker 1: M freak? No one is ever like when you watch him move, No one's ever moved like Barry Sanders.
Speaker 2: Just so elusive. And it's like a slinky out there. He's like a little slinky down the stairs, just boom boom, and the slinky is just turning and flipping which way.
Speaker 1: And direction, always always on, that.
Speaker 2: Always lands right back on on, you know, in position right on his feet at the bottom of the stairs. That's Barry Sanders for you. I mean, that's some freaky ability right there.
Speaker 1: I bet you he was a crazy positive dude. The dude dude too in the locker room. I bet you was super cool. He's probably like sweet feet, super quiet, James White, quiet, just professional. But he's also fucking dog where he didn't have I mean, he didn't have an offensive line for like half his career and he still had the numbers he had on three you sed eight years one two three. Dog. He's a freak man. Gotta go freak, You gotta go freak.
Speaker 2: His physical ability of just being able to bend the way he bends and just a vision that he has one on one instinct. He was not getting tackled. People were falling headfirst into the ground. Like I said earlier, you just never seen it. He was making people look silly like they didn't belong out there. It was like pop one. Or when the guy's just that much better than everyone else and just running around the field and they could be all twelve eleven guys on the field in front of him and he can make all eleven miss. That's freaky instincts right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But when you see Barry Sanders in clothes or do you look at him like me and that guy's a freak. No you don't.
Speaker 2: But we're categorizing freak in that way only then, is if how you see someone he is a one of one, exactly one of one's a freaks. He was just a freak out at a lower level of physical stature.
Speaker 1: He reminds me of a little race cars on the electric tracks where he could just start stop, start stop start stop. Hella fast, all right, Stave, But he's a free he's a freak. Let's go, let's get on. Vince will Fork big dog, Vince well four big v Oh my god, I wonder.
Speaker 2: Why something thanks something the Black Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday.
Speaker 1: I bet start the clock. What's hey? I gotta say, Vince well Fork stand.
Speaker 2: He had six foot two and weighing around three hundred and twenty five pounds. Played as a dominant nose tackle in the NFL three primarily I think he was like three fifty at one point sixty. Primarily played for the New England Patriots and later for the Houston Texans. Growing up in boy Town Beach, Florida, I think so Boyton, Boyton, boy Tom Beach, Florida, well Fork was a track and field stand out before switching to football at the University of Miami, select the twenty first overall in the two thousand and four draft, he was known for his strength, size, and ability to stuff the run, often drawing double teams and anchoring defenses with his power and skill. Over his career, will Fork recorded five hundred and sixty tackles, sixteen sacks, and three interceptions, earning two Super Bowl championships five Pro Bowl selections in a reputation as one of the best defense tackles of his era. Known for his charisma and a love for barbecue. He has remained a beloved figure off the field, where he's big personality and big hits made him a fan favorite. That's a lot by Ai. The long synopsis. That's the longest one we had so far. But Vince deserves it. Yeah, deserves it. He's the biggest guy so far we've been talking about. He's about three hundred and sixty five pounds. I think they got it got it wrong there. This guy can eat you up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: He's lost a lot of weight now, he sure has. He looks really good, man, He really good. It looks good on him. It's just sad that you know he's not coming back though, you know, because every good player you always have that imagination that they're going to come back.
Speaker 1: He always thought Ve can. I think ve can still play. You just have that thought about them. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about Big v The barbecues.
Speaker 2: You know, he came out with his own barbecue sauce. I'm pretty sure mister Kraft used to have that team get together, team bonding at his house in the Cape. After you made the team. It was right at the end of August. What howadays at right the end of August, Labor Day, Yeah, Labor Day, yep, And it was Labor Day week and we would all go up there and it'd be ribs or be you know, steaks, and then here comes Big V coming through and he brings his own barbecue sauce every single year. And I wouldn't eat those ribs or the soar line or you know, the burger meat until that barbecue sauce got there. And once Big V showed up, Hey, Big V passed that sauce over.
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 2: He loved it too, man, He loved being known about that sauce. And he just loved just the atmosphere around a cookout.
Speaker 1: For I was fortunate enough to get invited to one of his cookouts. He smokes some real ribs. He was into some big ass overalls with no shirt smoking ribs. He just looks at home when he's on a barbecue. He looks like that's he's at home. The first I remember when I was a rookie. He's comfortable. That's just comfort zone for him. It is I arber my rookie year. My welcome to the NFL moment was like I was rolling in like my my Toyota rental, and I park it in the way back of the players a lot, and all of a sudden, there's this fucking huge semi a fucking semi truck rolls in and parks up right in the front and takes like two damn spots backs in backs in this big ass orange semi truck. It's fucking Vince's daily driver. Vince had like a huge semi truck daily driver. He gets out of thinking and it looked just like him in front of the barbecue, just a comfort zone for him. Just a big ass dude getting out of a big ass truck. Big v was just fucking so cool. That was like my first welcome bed. I was like, holy shit, I don't even know you could buy some my trucks.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of welcome to the NFL, he gave me my Welcome to the NFL dosage of a hit training camp rookie year.
Speaker 1: You know the wham block explained.
Speaker 2: Where they let go the guy let go, let's the just defensive tackle free, so then he thinks he's gonna go get a sack. And then the wam block is when I come across the line of scrimmage at the tight end position when I'm off the ball and I'm the one that goes and I wham the defensive tackle and try.
Speaker 1: To block on a trap for this tight end.
Speaker 2: There you go exactly and we're trapping the defensive tackle, so he knows it's coming. I mean, this is a specialty play that the New England Patriots been running.
Speaker 1: They know the fucking script well well before me. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: It was it was at nine nine seven, So yeah, the defense does know the script so they can look really good in the run game throughout that whole period. And I think they also told him this play was coming, uh being specifically knowing I'm on to black Vince, and they wanted to see my toughness as a rookie. So the play call, I'm in full pass. You know, I'm a a wam block. I gotta show my toughness. I gotta show my keeps. I gotta get the respect of my fellow teammates, especially the veterans.
Speaker 1: Wait, let me paint the picture. Also, Rob's a rookie here. VI was like the big dog on campus. In practice. No one really gets close to him because you don't want to piss him off when you're new, you know, He's like, holy shit, is that a that is a large human being. He's like so big, I think there's like something that orbits him, like on how round he is like that's you didn't want to get in his way. You didn't want to piss him off because he was very intimidating. Get back to your story.
Speaker 2: So the play, you know, gets on its way. I do my little to you know, two side steps, you know, on the motion. I'm running full speed right at Vince Welford. This guy peeks over to his left, he sees me coming. He has this grin on his face. Knowing I was coming, he put his shoulder down. I'm going full speed at him, and he gets that leverage and just tease off on me. I went flying backwards five to six yards. I didn't even land on my back. He sent me flying in the air where I landed on my feet.
Speaker 1: Still, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that hit hurt like a mother effort. But what's cool is I gained the respect to my teammates and my coach at that time, tight end coach, in that meeting that day when we went and reviewed.
Speaker 1: The Planarents Brian Farrens. Love you, Brian Farrenc.
Speaker 2: He's now at Iowa with his dad doing, you know, doing his thing, doing a good job. He goes, yo, what were you thinking trying to block Vince wolffor he goes, You're never going to do that again. I go, thank you, thank you. I go, I'll never do it again. And ever since that day, you know, we had about five more of those calls, and I just go up to him, I hug him. I didn't need to try to block him. It was just only going to get me hurt from there on out. Yeah, I just give him a hug like Vince. Nah, No, it's the way I'm block.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I know you're going to beat me, like, there's there's no reason to go through this motion of me getting thrown backwards again. Oh my, I'm gonna break a rib. He's so, he's so you love your ribs, and you're gonna you know, you'll probably eat him and join him after with your barbecue sauce body.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that had to be so terrifying.
Speaker 2: It was well at that time, it was he's.
Speaker 1: An intimidating guy when you joined the team to.
Speaker 2: Terrifying after that because I was trying to, you know, gainer my keeps man like. I was trying to prove myself, so I didn't care who was in my way. And then I learned, I do care who's in my way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When when it comes down to the NFL, you gotta That's when you learned on when to, you know, take your shots at someone and when not to, when to block someone hard, when to kind of like just box someone out as well, instead of trying to hit him full speak and you hit him full speed, heads up. They you know, they're way bigger than you. This is when you start learning the ins and outs. And that's one ins and out. I learned big time.
Speaker 1: Freaking v And he was so quick too, Like that's what people don't realize, like they just surprisingly.
Speaker 2: Quick because of how big he was and his feet. You had fast feet, man. He was kind of like a running back that pitter patters, Like whoa big burp right there, Juels. Wow was the barbecue I ate from five years ago with big vans and still out we ate that much. I tasted that barbecue sauce right there.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: His feet were surprisingly click. He was like a boom. He was a rabbit out there.
Speaker 1: I remember always going in the weight room and you go over by like the kettlebells and like the arm bars and stuff, and there'd always be a shock put there. Remember him. You ever see him shotput? And I never have. Oh my god, he can fucking shock. He was a fucking track star. I think he had like the state record. He had insane strength too.
Speaker 2: I remember like he wouldn't go in the weight room to just like warm up, you know, do three fifteen like five. He would just go in the weight room just to you know, maintain his strength. And he would just walk in and I remember him just throwing up like four hundred and twenty five pounds in the bench and just tossing it up then racking it and be like I'm done for today. Yeah, Like he didn't even need to work on his strength that much because he was just that strong naturally, and like it was to a whole nother level.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing him in the weight room too. He like Marcus Cannon, when he would work out, the weights would bend. He was just so strong and he had always great movement, like he was very he was very skillful, like fluid fluid, like when you watch Big V throw football. He looks like like he spins the ball really well. You see him hit a golf ball. He fucking has an unbelievable golf swing. I mean, the guy is so athletic. He used to return punts in high school. Like I remember, you know, Bill, Always every training camp when it's getting to like day nine ten, guys are worn down, beat up mentally, physically, emotionally exhausted. He'd always have a big lineman come in and try to catch a punt, and if you caught punch, you'd have the night off. He threw v up there and it looked too fucking easy. I think he won and snacked that thing was.
Speaker 2: It was so athletic. He could have played full back. I swear he could play run and it gets gained some yards before going down tight end. He could definitely play I heard him talking about this too as well. He could play defensive end obviously, anywhere on the defensive line. And he, like you said, quarterback as well.
Speaker 1: He had an arm.
Speaker 2: He loved being you know, before practice was going on, you know, before we get really got into it, he be chucking the ball, you know, to to his fellow defensive players. Having a good old time. He was just so disruptive as well. And he was kind of like the two gap god when he was, you know, on that defensive line and that being able to take two gaps. You know how much Steff Freese, that linebacker, that's a linebacker's best friend right there, Vince Wolford, I mean.
Speaker 1: Drod Mayo, Dante high Tower, Jamie Cult they all love them.
Speaker 2: They all do it.
Speaker 1: And guys like they love guys that take double teams. Lets you get to that fucking kind of Big V just said. Big V has so many stats. He's he had so much production for the amount of stats he had because he had such hidden things that made plays go. It was unblockable. And you take two double teams, they can never get the guy to the second level. Like he just was fucking a monster. And we wanted to talk about him on this show specifically because.
Speaker 2: Because what is he known for on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Jules, He's the one that created the butt, but.
Speaker 2: The force, the generator of the butt fumball.
Speaker 1: Versus the New York Jets. Tan Chaz, Oh my god, he did that before. Like he it's where he gets so much penetration. He drives his guy back so far that it hit the quarterback with the guy that he was driving backs, but that made him fumble the football and Steve Gregory scoop score in his home area of New Jersey, which was just a fucking crazy game. That comes to my mind when I think evins of some of his crazy stories. But also remember when we were in Buffalo and he read out the receivers.
Speaker 2: What was he rewarded with though after he had the turkey on the post game he had the turkey leg.
Speaker 1: He had the turkey leg.
Speaker 2: He's rewarded with a turkey leg during the post game for his contribution to the butt fumble.
Speaker 1: And he ate that thing.
Speaker 2: He ate it all.
Speaker 1: Not surprised.
Speaker 2: So what what was it that you were talking about in Buffalo?
Speaker 1: Remember in Buffalo where they had that receiver screen and V read it and he was full full speed and a receiver was full speed not seeing him, and it looked like it looked like if a semi hit like one of those little smart cars.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this this is the receiver. Like he was up, he was up, and the like your finger just got bent backwards in the matter of a split second, boom that looked like the receiver right there.
Speaker 1: Boom, It's not even that, it's not even the mass. Imagine if he like fell on you going that fast, well you like a bug, like a fucking bug.
Speaker 2: I bet you got a fly out of the air and it just explodes everywhere. That's kind of what happened to the Bills wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And you always they flattened him. No, it was that's a terrifying hit. Like that's like, that was a terrifying hit. There's a lot of big hits that you see. You're like, all right, you can you can withstand that. But when it's it's straight physics, when you got mass times velocity, you get forced, you get fucking force. And that's what big V was. I don't know if that's right for you physics people get us in there. But then also what about what about his interceptions. We're talking big plays here.
Speaker 2: I mean he had that that pick versus Philip Rivers at home in Gillette Stadium when he was at another screen or he was just I think he was. It got tipped or somebody, Yeah, did he tip it? Did he tip it? Yeah, he tipped it to himself. He showed great ball skills right there.
Speaker 1: And then then you saw your fast feet.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then he started just you know, trucking down the field like a rabbit with his fast feet. He looked nimble, and he looked agile and just rumbling down the field.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone in the world that watched that play, anyone in the world didn't want that big man to score when a big man has because the ball looked like a fucking like, uh, a paper talent is in his armpit of breadth. I mean it, pumper nickel, pumper nickel. It looks so small and he's like running it and like everyone is just sitting there, like, look at the big big Remember Colm Ley also did that and they kick off return packers. I love big Man get or score a touchdown Soldier.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves it. Man Soldier had that one. The Lions are doing it a lot. Lions are doing it. We're speaking of Thanksgiving, you know, teams Lions and there you know, don't don't not expect a trick play to alignman this Thanksgiving from the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 1: I mean a fake punt. You're gonna You're gonna there's gonna be something like that. We we talked about on this show a few weeks back. Tight End University Day or Happy tight End Day? What's it called? National tight End? National tight End deck. There's got to be a national big Guy Touchdown Day or a big Guy catch Day. It just needs to be national.
Speaker 2: Bit Like, it's a rule in the NFL book that you got have to at least run one tackle eligible, play.
Speaker 1: One tackle eligible. The guy has to be over two and seventy five and eighty five pounds has to touch a football on one specific day, National Big Fat Guy Day. I like that. That's what I think. We like that. Who's gonna start it? I think we need Big V. Yeah, Big V, come on, let's go. You remember in the butt fumble game. I remember watching it the next day in meetings, Bill rewinded it like four or five times, barely said anything, and then like got up and talked and he said, the Jets got exactly what they deserve, Like did something like one of those you know what, do you remember that? I actually was hurt that year a juel.
Speaker 2: So I was at home just watching it from my couch, just enjoying my thing thanks Giving, and I just remember that play happening. I was shocked because we were already dominating, that dominating, dominating that it wasn't even.
Speaker 1: A close game at all.
Speaker 2: And just when that happened, I was giggling to myself, like what a play.
Speaker 1: I never seen anything like that.
Speaker 2: And I was screaming too, because Gregory just scooped it like it just didn't happen. A butt fumble and directly on the ground and directly in the Gregory's hand went to the end zone of the Patriots as well. We got six points out of it. It's like it doesn't happen usually. Usually, like a play like that, you know, usually someone just gets on it and it's a fumble recovery. It went to the house. We scored on it.
Speaker 1: How do you think Sanchiz or Sanchito feels about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sanchiz is a good dudeofy dude, so I think he kind of likes it.
Speaker 1: I think he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he does own it for sure. He'll giggle about it for sure. It's kind of like the Miami miracle. I own that play. Yeah, he got like the fumble with Sanchez, I mean it's okay, I mean it happens.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the two thousand and four or two thousand and two, uh frosh Off Championship between the Bay Division Ocean Division. You know, I gave this interception away and they won it on it. It's kind of like you own it now, fucking him. I'll never own it.
Speaker 2: It's bullshit. It's okay, Jules. One day you'll own it. You'll get over it. It's okay, man, we're here for it.
Speaker 1: Just be thankful for other things and then you'll get over that. You know what, I'm also thankful for. What are you thankful for? That? We were a part of probably two of the craziest play calls in the history of football. Won the butt fumble? Yes, what's more embarrassing the butt fumble? Or do you remember when the Colts had that stupid punt formation that they tried us Sad was down.
Speaker 2: It was fourth and two and they were trying to get us on a trick more than four. It was a weird formation. They had like everyone spread out wide and then.
Speaker 1: The center's just down in distance.
Speaker 2: And then there was a running back behind in the center or something, and then they hiked it and everyone was in like in shock, like what the.
Speaker 1: Goings? And that's The only reason I bring this up is because the same shock factor that we had that like, did that but just make that fumble and then we scored a touchdown. That same shock factor is the same shock factor we had when they did this punt formation thing.
Speaker 2: Did he really hiked the ball?
Speaker 1: I'm not a math guy, but three on one, I'm looking at the Colt sideline right here after the play. Are you fucking serious? What is this? Like? This is National Football.
Speaker 2: League and they're only down by six in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's the cults for you? That was that was worse than the bumble, Yeah, because that's placed through force in gravity exactly. The butt fumble was made by Vince in that fucking three hundred in twenty five pound frame, twenty five pound taking his matchup and driving him into the fucking I'm I'm blabberd acid. I didn't realize we were going to get into that play. I think they rose the banner that year. That's why I never lost, was that the banner. Ye never lost to the Did we ever lose the cults?
Speaker 2: I did two thousand and nine, so it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: How about the big boy on body issues? I mean, he's He's not like it looks like muscle. It is muscle.
Speaker 2: That's why I love the ESPN the Body Issue because they featured everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's and they were just showing how were you on it? The statue?
Speaker 2: Yes, how the statue of the body represented all different types of athletes, from a guy that played tackle to a wide receiver to myself.
Speaker 1: Right there, young, You want to know.
Speaker 2: The running joke was about me, I'm being on the Body issue cover?
Speaker 1: What was that? The circle?
Speaker 2: It was really small that they needed to use.
Speaker 1: What circle? The cover me up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: I didn't they tell you it was going to be a small set, like there's not gonna be a lot of people there.
Speaker 2: There really wasn't. There's probably like five, five or six. How many people were on your I feel like there was thirty in mine? Really thirty. I wanted to see you, Jules, you're a good looking guy. I did a wonderful body.
Speaker 1: Now, how did the How did the football stay on?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. I was kind of adjusting it before every shot, and then I kind of adjusted it so I kind of found that niche.
Speaker 1: Did you have to take a viagara to keep that thing stacked up so you could just post on there. No.
Speaker 2: No, it was actually one of the worst performance looking days of my life. It was kind of chilly in there, I tell you, I felt like a frozen raisin. Yeah, and I was just giggling at myself every time I look back at the pictures. Yeah, it was bad. It was bad. I was embarrassed just looking at it myself.
Speaker 1: It was crazy because like you would see like a picture of you know, you'd go with the photographer and your your wiener would be out and you'd see the picture and then all of a sudden, they'd be like, oh, don't worry, we could just cut that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're sitting there worrying because you're like, you're gonna go tell everyone you know, and then that person that's reviewing my.
Speaker 1: Request three degrees in the shoot set it was sixty ten minutes. What kind of dude is Vince will fork stud a freak, a dog, a dude's dude, or a whiz.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a waist. He has a lot of intellectual and knowledge of the game of football. I mean he was a smart player. That's why he knew that big play that he made when we were talking about it versus the Buffalo Bills, and he absolutely dominated the receiver on that screen across the middle because he saw that play coming. He sniffed it out like he was a wizard out there. That's how he made majority of his play. Same with his interceptions. He knew the screen was coming. He backed off. He knew that when he got dropped, he wasn't going to just go to the quarterback and get a free sack. He knew there must be a different type of play coming. Oh it's going to be a screen or it's a gimmick or something. I mean, he was smart, bro, He was very smart on that football field, I'm telling you. I mean, yeah, he was a freak for his size, I mean three sixty, just the way that he could move, his athletic ability. Kind of a dude's dude as well, with his barbecues, man inviting the guys over, having that barbecue sauce for everyone.
Speaker 1: He's also a fucking dog. Yeah, he was a dog. He was grimy in there. Oh yeah, when you're the guy taking the double team the whole time, and you know you have to go getting six hundred pounds every fucking play because he's taking double teams every place, six hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: And he would take those double teams and kind of just eat those double teams up, he really would, and just let that linebacker just free to go in and make the place.
Speaker 1: And he's a fucking stud is atltus Susan he is, man. I mean, he could shoot a basketball. I mean he's insane thrower of the football. You watch his golf swing, You're like, holy fuck, I think he's scratched. This is a true tough one. Man.
Speaker 2: This is really tough to really categorize and pinpoint Vince Wolfork to just one category.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna be tough on three. What do you expect? One?
Speaker 2: Oh man, hold on, let me keep thinking about this man, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: One, two, three?
Speaker 2: Friuiz ah man, oh man, I know, man, he is a freak though, but he's he's so smart.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm telling you he's a smart football player. Yeah, but that goes into his freakiness where you think a guy that looks like him is smart. He's great.
Speaker 2: He's great in commercials too, like you see him in that stove commercial.
Speaker 1: Now, like grilling and all that. He's on TV.
Speaker 2: But you also just sitting there like smart large gotta be smart large guy right now. That, like we said, we're categorizing freaks as you're just looking at someone You're like, how can they possibly do that?
Speaker 1: Size?
Speaker 2: Also also like can we say, yeah, he's he's a wizard though, can you.
Speaker 1: Agree with that.
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 1: I mean, I always remember, I mean Bill talking about how smart he is a football player instinctive.
Speaker 2: So I do agree he is a freak of nature. I mean obviously to be that size, to move, you know, to move that well on the football field, take on double teams and just squash him. Just the way he tackled guys too, They would go right down. There was no mistackles by Vince Wallfork when he got your hands on you.
Speaker 1: No, so he drape you down and he swallow you.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll try again. Let's do it again.
Speaker 1: One two, three, freak stamp it. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 2: Since it's Thanksgiving, we're talking food with our dudes.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're gonna be equating our favorite Thanksgiving dishes to an NFL player.
Speaker 2: Like Tom Brady would totally be the turkey. The star of the show.
Speaker 1: Mashed Potatoes cranberryes stuffing mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: My mouth is watering already.
Speaker 1: Let's get it to it.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it, Jewles, all right, so cranberry, I'm.
Speaker 1: Ready to feast already. Right now, I'm getting hungry. The NFL equivalent to a cranberry sauce, which we're going to categorize cranberry sauce as a little sweet little tart, a bit polarizing. Who would that be? Man?
Speaker 2: There's gotta be a couple players that represent that. Does it have to be someone that we play with or it can be a current player anyone. It could be anyone, but it has to be an NFL player. Medcalf DK you really think so? He's a little polarizing. People either love him or hate him.
Speaker 1: He could be a fucking a fun time out there, but he can also rip your face off and try to fight you. He's always trying to fight.
Speaker 2: You want to know who really reminds me of a cranberry sauce?
Speaker 1: That's you, Jewels Man. You are a little sweet man.
Speaker 2: You could be definitely tired at sometimes you could be sour depending on the mood that you are and going into the locker room that day depending on what happened, and a bit polarizing.
Speaker 1: I mean, one.
Speaker 2: Day you're all, you know, positive, the next day you're yelling at everybody on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: So I'm going with you as the cranberry sauce. I'll take it all right. Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you like that sugary cranberry sauce?
Speaker 1: I think you are. I'm the ocean cranberry cansauce. Okay, And it's easy, open her up, take her out. Probably not the best for you, but delicious. I love this. I love this segment already.
Speaker 2: Man, Thanksgiving food talk and who it represents as a player.
Speaker 1: Man, this is fun.
Speaker 2: I can't I can't wait. What am I?
Speaker 1: We'll get to it, hopefully, I'm gonna be the next one stuffing versatyle a fan favorite ties it all together. Oh I like it.
Speaker 2: You're stuffing, I am stuffing.
Speaker 1: I'm going with it. Who else is stuffing? I can do it all on the football field. I mean Barry Sanders would be stuffing, you know, keeping it on the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes and gravy. Two dudes, Blue guy dish holds everything together. Is it one guy or is it two dudes?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ago with Definitely Matthew Slater here. Yeah, he's a blue guy. He does hold the whole team together. He holds court after the game. Yeah, Matt Matt Slater definitely plays a big part in the mashed potatoes and gravy? Are we are we working with two guys here? Who's the gravy because he's not the gravy, he's the mashed potatoes definitely, and then the gravy that that tops that off.
Speaker 1: Joe Cardonia would be his little psych Yeah, Joe Cardona.
Speaker 2: But what about Nico Kudavids Codovits definitely the gravy he was, Yeah, he is. He kept everyone together.
Speaker 1: In like a fatty way. Gravy is not the best for you. It's actually terrible for you because it's just butter and and Nico was kind of terrible for you. Terrible, but great it all together.
Speaker 2: If you don't know who Nico Davids is, I mean he he played in the NFL at the linebacker position for you know, nine years in started with Seattle, played in Denver, Tampa, and then he ended up finished his career with US on the New England Patriots.
Speaker 1: He was he was.
Speaker 2: He was a part of the good times, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He was the guy that held court. He was a very gravy guy. Loved me some Nico. He was funny as fuck. First day Tim Tebow came in and asked him if he jacked off. Who's the cheese? We can't get into that though, man oh man, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Get the mac and cheese a perform a performer, the mac and cheesemer.
Speaker 1: The mac and cheese is a sleepy star for Minnie. The performer steals his show. I would say causes problems.
Speaker 2: They cause problems, Yeah, because it's either like you're a mac and cheese fan or you're just not a mac and cheese fan. And some people believe mac and cheese is a Thanksgiving staple and that's kind of like down South. And then there's other people who don't believe mac and cheese should even be on the plate for Thanksgiving. It's kind of like a diss to the green beans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then who's the mac and cheese performer? Controversial?
Speaker 2: Jamis Winston.
Speaker 1: He's a little controversial. He eats some ws.
Speaker 2: He's just so yeah, he does that w thing and then eats when he was with the Bucks.
Speaker 1: What about Aaron Rodgers? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a one, right there, Rogers.
Speaker 2: He's a cheesy yeah he is.
Speaker 1: If you put a little like Baker Baker, Baker Mayfield, you put some mushrooms in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, there you go. Yeah, oh Wen, Aaron Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: So say that again, what was that? Well, you know, instead of putting like a truffle mac and cheese, yeah, put like a mushroom mac and cheese or ayahuasca mac and cheese or some kind of psychedelic mac and cheese. Maybe. No, you're right on. I can't argue that. Who's the turkey right now? The National Football League? The turkey right now? The Star Patrick Mahomes not even an argument, it's not even argument. Maybe Josh Allen, he's a turkey in Buffalo. Yeah, he's a little dried up though. You know, he's got a little he's a little tried out turkey.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the AFC Championship game, he needs it to he.
Speaker 1: Needs a little turkey up, a little moisture, And Josh Allen is like that white meat, little dryer. Yeah, I would say that's overcooked. He's not over It's still good. It's still really good, but it ain't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not overcooked Patrick yet. Yeah, just not not that little you.
Speaker 1: Know, you know, you never know this time we cook it, he could be This year it cooks in and we get a perfect cook But right now, you know, time will tell you that the most moist turkey would be Patrick mahomes. All right, And who's the pumpkin pie slash sweet Potato? The reliable, consistent, little good ender of the meal?
Speaker 2: No matter what how full you are, you always have room to eat.
Speaker 4: This pumpkin pie or sweet potato apple pie with a side of vanilla ice cream, with whipped cream, a cherry on top, maybe some nuts sprinkled over it with some caramel sauce, some chocolate sauce.
Speaker 2: Who now we're talking? Who is this guy? Reliable?
Speaker 1: Insistent in the good ender to him? Oh? Is this is this? Uh? Is this playoff dola like a kicker? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But playoff always reliable in the playoffs always. I mean, he is a good ender to a meal. I mean, you see how delicious he looks. I'm dancing with the styres. Yeah, the dude is consistent guy at being reliable in the playoffs regular season. If you ask Bill Belichick, he was not consistent there. But we're not talking regular season. We're talking end of this season, when the meal is over. He was always.
Speaker 1: There when the meal was on the line. But this might have to go to a kicker, though, who are you thinking as a kicker? All timer right now?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter?
Speaker 1: Buckner right or what's it? Buck He's consistent. I'm not a a little controversial. Depending on what pie he is, he could be apple pie and I can tell you who's making that pie. I can tell you who's making that pie. It ain't him, it's his better half. But you know, depending on you, he could be a pump the sweet potato. People may not like him personally, I think they taste the same.
Speaker 2: They do, especially when you have a side of ice cream.
Speaker 1: Personally, I think you know you give me either. I'm cool. You know he's made a lot of big kicks in the last few years, so I would say he's pumpkin or sweet potato pie, depending on who you are what you are.
Speaker 2: I'm hungry, I.
Speaker 1: Know I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Thankful for the show today, man, Thankful to be there with you. Joys talking out what's going on, you know in the football world, scouting guys, what we can do better on our episodes as well. Just thankful for everything, man, Thankful for the meals that you bring here every time I show up. Good meal. I'm podcasting days, man, great meals, the smoothies, the breakfast burritos. Man, just so good.
Speaker 1: I tell you right now, you ladies, you guys, trying to get at the gronk, which he's taking it off off off the line. But you know, you get to him through his stomach. You don't get to his heart. You go through his stomach. I don't got a heart. I got his stomach. Yeah, but you can get through that hard. You can get to give him some food and smoothie, some healthy ship, you know, and you get a give one self. Scout. What do I think I think we did? What could we do about our jewels? Sometimes we get him these tangents to have nothing to do with anything. But that's podcast I guess podcasts, and it's finest. We'll figure it out. You guys, tell us, you guys, tell us what we got to do better. We're still trying to tighten this thing up, making a fishing effective machine kind of like it was when we were playing in the place we played. That's not like that right now, we're trying to be like it was. Yes, it was throwbacks. And that's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcast, great in review, comment, and dude you want us to do and remember the file.
Speaker 2: Dudes on Dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat.
Speaker 1: We will see you next week.
Speaker 2: And Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Let's goiving.
Speaker 2: Happy Thanksgiving everyone,