Speaker 1: Hey, they're Fana Rito's. Welcome back to a brand new minisode of How Rude Tanner Ritos. Today, we're dedicating this minisode to America's dad, Bob Saggott. Oh. As you know, we're doing a live event with John and Laurie and a few other surprise guests next week, and because Bob would have wanted to be there with us, We've decided to dedicate this episode to him. Well, answer some fan questions about Bob, share some of our favorite memories with him, and maybe go over some of the best Danny Tanner moments on Full House. So let's get into it.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a great one.
Speaker 1: I never get tired of talking about Bob.
Speaker 2: So girl, I have I'll even hold up my little my little painting.
Speaker 1: I love that, so give that to you or what's the So there.
Speaker 3: Is a really fun, awesome woman owned a queer company that I love working with called Pretty Paints Party at Pretty Paints Mobile Art Studio, and they do Pretty Paints parties and she was doing them during the pandemic, like.
Speaker 2: Basically zoom paint nights.
Speaker 3: So you know when we were all like stuck inside, We're like I'm losing my mind and she couldn't do the in studio ones.
Speaker 2: She would do them online. And she and I had.
Speaker 3: Connected through I forget what it was mutual friend or I don't know, something we'd posted whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she had reached out to me.
Speaker 3: She lives out in Corona where I used to live, and said, could I do like a full house themed night with the money going to charity that I got to choose, And she said, and all all come up with four different, four or five different paintings, I'll send them to you and then tell me which three you want to pick.
Speaker 2: To offer to people to be able to do, and then we'll do those.
Speaker 3: So I didn't This was one I did not choose to paint to have like to have be one of the selections because I just felt weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I felt weird.
Speaker 3: Think doing it off of Bob's image and it just felt like not, Yeah, it was weird, but I absolutely kept the painting and I love it. And yeah, it's it's literally sits above I point to it often, but it's it's above my my desk in here, and uh, yeah, it's just a it's a nice little reminder. So and it's also really you know, she did a really great job with.
Speaker 1: It, So she really did. Yeah, that's a great, a great picture of him. That's how we all remember him, is Yeah, Danny Tanner, America's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, that's so sweet. Should be insert some fanquestions first, do we Yeah, let's go for that.
Speaker 1: Let's answer some fan questions. Was your bond with Bob pretty instantaneous or did it take some time to kind of build to that point?
Speaker 3: I mean we I mean, you know, we definitely got closer as we all spent time together. But no, Bob was warm. I mean, you know, he was warm and kind and he didn't hate being around kids, you know what I mean, Like he was again we've said this about the adults on the show, but you know, Bob really I think took it very seriously that he have a relationship with us, so that on camera and in this family that we were creating, we actually did have that relationship and that caring and that you know, love for each other. And yeah, it just it pretty quickly all came together.
Speaker 2: And it was you know, Bob was kind of always the glue.
Speaker 1: He was the patriarch of the family, like on screen and off screen, and for sure, Yeah, it wasn't just a It wasn't just a job for him, like this was a family like for all of us. You know, it's way more than a job. But yeah, I could feel that from day one. You know. It took me a little longer to get closer to him because I wasn't in every episode, right and I wasn't one of the daughters, so it was more of a slow build, right, Bob. But yeah, you're right, but he had that warm feeling that I was never intimidated to be around him, or like.
Speaker 2: Dave or like none of the you know what I mean. Like it.
Speaker 3: They they were just everybody was you know, and I know people are probably like, oh my god, you guys say this all time, but no.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: They were pleasant and kind and enjoyable. And you know, there are a lot of adult actors who will work on set with kids and be absolute nightmares to the kids around the kids.
Speaker 2: Uh, just particularly in that era of time.
Speaker 3: You know, I got away with terrible behavior and that was never ever Bob or any of any of our adult cast. They did not hate us being there. They they encouraged and you know, loved us. So yeah, but Bob. Yeah, he was very quickly, you know, took on that role of Danny dad with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I can definitely feel.
Speaker 2: As irresponsible as he can.
Speaker 1: In an irresponsible way. He kept the family together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was the one that would always send out the mass texts and be like, hey guys, you know, or let's get together for dinner. I miss those, you know, I too, Just the random ones, not even related to a holiday or a birthday, just like the random Hey it's Bob. It's Bob's long paragraph by the way to right, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have you saved on my phone. Who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Right? Neat?
Speaker 1: Was she remember that one time? I don't know if we've told we're probably to the point where we're repeating stories now and that's real age.
Speaker 5: Forgive us, forgive us if you've heard this before.
Speaker 1: But there was the time he was going to be at the improv out in Orange County near me. I always see him like I always take some friends or whatever.
Speaker 2: I remember text to.
Speaker 1: Him and I was like, Hey, I'd love to come see at the improv tonight. Can I get two tickets or four tickets? Whatever? He was like, oh, yeah, yeah, sure, no problem. Ill leave him at Will Call. So I get to Will Call with Michael, my boyfriend, and they don't have my tickets, like they don't have my name right, but we have Jody Sweeten here, Jody Sweeten. We have two tickets for her, and I'm like, Jody's coming. So I call you and I'm like, you didn't tell me you were going to the improv And You're like, I just got out of a shower. What are you talking about? I'm about to eat some talk of.
Speaker 2: What I'm like, am I going like? I can't go tonight?
Speaker 1: We figured out, we finally put all of the pieces together and figured out that Bob had my number saved as you in his phone, so he thought you were calling to ask for tickets and put under your name, but then he ended up coming out anyways, You're like, did I that's true?
Speaker 2: I did. We were like yeah, and we like just floored it out there. That's right, we did. And I think somewhere we have a picture of three of us.
Speaker 1: There's definitely a picture of the three of us. Uh somewhere somewhere where was that it was?
Speaker 2: It was what we were doing.
Speaker 5: Fuller like or no, fuller. I'm gonna say, yeah, I want to say sixteen. Yeah, yeah, I'll try and look at my phone. Yeah, because that's a great picture. Yeah, we should definitely post that picture from the improvment.
Speaker 1: I was just like, Bob, what's wrong with you? Why did you save my number as Joe? And then what was your number?
Speaker 2: Did he have?
Speaker 3: I think he might have just saved us both no, because I would text him and he knew it was me. Okay, he probably had accidentally somehow. I think what he said was he was like, I don't know, there was this there's two airy codes I didn't recognize, so I figured it was Orange County, so it had to be you or Andrea. You know, we were the only you know, Loan Orange County people, and so he probably just added or somehow added your number to my contact and whatever it.
Speaker 1: Was, it was, it's such a bob thing, like it's chaotic.
Speaker 3: It's just chaotic, but it like but the intent was lovely, you know, right like art was in the right place.
Speaker 1: Heart was in the right place, and it ended up being such a fun night as you came out anyways, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, well I got tickets. I mean I might as well.
Speaker 1: Scramble and find some tickets. They eventually let me in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just I was ridiculous. I do remember, that.
Speaker 3: Was it. I remember, like, you know, you guys in your sort of your frenemy relationship, although.
Speaker 1: Really it was just give me a d adults being really.
Speaker 2: Mean to a child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it works, right.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was ever hard for Bob to like be mean or say you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, can you remember ever was there ever a time that he that you remember where he was like, oh, maybe that's too mean.
Speaker 1: No, it was all just fun, you know.
Speaker 2: I know. That's the thing. I'm like, I can't remember. I can't think of Bob going we should tone this joke.
Speaker 1: Down, Bob. Heck no, no, I think both because it didn't seem as mean in the nineties.
Speaker 2: It was just like right each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in hindsight, you're like, wow, there.
Speaker 2: Was always the annoying foil, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's just you. I mean, you know when you're in when you're in it, when you're with the scene part and you like fully invested in the joke and the rhythm, and it's like, there's no better.
Speaker 2: Nothing better than insulting you to your face.
Speaker 1: Yes, And so that was me and Bob like we would just get going and going and going, and it was Yeah, some of my favorite bits were with him. So no, it was never toned down for sure. No, never, Bob, I imagine sobiety right.
Speaker 3: You know what I will say too, is he never like he didn't none of the adults did. They never like just kind of blew off the scenes with the kids as unimportant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, like even in the.
Speaker 3: Last episode we just did where Danny comes in to talk to Don h Slash Dephanie don Ariel Tanner, like it's you can tell he and I are having fun.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like when he's in like oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my god, you know, we're He was being real and genuine and.
Speaker 2: Like not just like oh my god, I've got to do a scene with the kid, you know, and that it came across.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never felt like as a kid, you never felt like just furniture in the background, Like, no, that we're so much a part of the main cast, and it.
Speaker 3: Was always like, oh, we're all sitting on the couch and like you know, someone like had their arm around you or you were all just kind of like it was family.
Speaker 2: You just kind of all lounged around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was Yeah, we were.
Speaker 2: I missed that.
Speaker 1: I know me too. Hey, they're Fana Ritos. We have a very exciting announcement to go we do with our live show that's happening so soon. We heard from a lot of you that you are out of state, you're out of the country, but you really want to be there for Becky and Jesse's val renewal. So we have an exciting announcement. Tell them, Joe.
Speaker 3: We have a virtual live stream and the tickets are gonna go live on June first, and they're only nine ninety nine, and the live stream is going to be available for seven days after it airs. So even if you can't sit for the live stream, or you know it's in the middle of the night, where in the country that you're in, or whatever it might be, you can get it for seven days after the show airs.
Speaker 2: Uh, and you guys can see it and be a part of it.
Speaker 3: But trust me, you are gonna want to be in the audience for this one.
Speaker 2: And you can purchase.
Speaker 3: Them on veeps dot com, v e ps dot com and we will also have the link in our Instagram bio, which is at how Rude podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll see you then.
Speaker 1: So, what is has it been like going back and watching or watching some of these episodes, many of them for the very first time. And so we're finally getting to see Bob as America has seen him as America's dad, Like, what has that been like? Because we just know him as Bob, Like, he's Bob, He's the you know, dirtymouth comedian exactly Bob. There's not like him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's been I think, like we talked about earlier, that it's been a really interesting experience to come at this as a like having never seen.
Speaker 2: The show and not really be like now being able to.
Speaker 3: Watch it all the way through and see how the relationships build and see what it was that made you feel warm and fuzzy and drew you in about this family, you know, and and it's like, I think we kind of get it now, you know, we see these relationships developing and and again one of the core ones is with Danny and the girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it's it's it's beautiful and it's I wonder what this would have been like if we had started this rewatch podcast before he passed, like I don't, like, you know, does it color our memories or is it color our opinions of watching these episodes because we have this wistful like, oh, there's Bob and we'll never we'll never get to talk to him again or see him again. So makes me extra wistful, extra like oh Bob, you know?
Speaker 3: Or do you think it makes by being wistful? It's it's not objective. I mean, I don't think we're trying to give an objective critique of this show.
Speaker 1: It's like when I watched John and Dave, I'm like, wow, I'm like, this is great. They're hysterical, they're funny, But I don't feel like, oh, you know, I don't feel like that my heart. I don't feel my heart growing or you know, it's just right, like they're just they're they're there because I know I'm going to see him. I'm going to see John next week.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk.
Speaker 3: About taking people for granted. Yeace, you're gonna feel really if something happened, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Would you say it?
Speaker 2: Don't you even gone all the way? I won't, that's not but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can definitely see why America views as America's Dad, like he is the dad that a lot of people didn't have or wish that they had. Absolutely see that for.
Speaker 3: Sure, and I and I think, you know, Bob kind of struggled with that title. I think over the years, like it was great when he was doing the show and you know, he had America's Funny some videos, but it was also I think really frustrating for him as a comic.
Speaker 2: Because we all know how Bob's.
Speaker 3: Comedy is, and it's you know, relatively blue and adult and and and ridiculous and unhinged, and it became really hard to be that person and this other person. People either thought, you know, that one or the other was who you really were and not that you know, you could be multifaceted or be a really ridiculous, you know, funny, dirty stand up comic and also like have a side that is a f only guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you know, two things can exist, multiple things can exist at once. Yes, but people want to pigeonhole you or type cast you.
Speaker 3: But I think as he got older after he kind of I think went through and I feel like we all went through that period of like you're just like, oh my god, I just I wish something else, you know, and then all of a sudden you go, oh, wait, actually this.
Speaker 2: Is really great, you know. And I think once he.
Speaker 3: Like once had he had some perspective and like got to kind of go and do more of the stuff he wanted to do creatively. Like I think he really came back to it and was like, oh, actually this is really.
Speaker 2: Who special you know special?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he just became more Danny Tanner as he got older, you know, he did well.
Speaker 1: And I can see watching these episodes, I'm like, yeah, sometimes they took the cleaning Danny Tanner clean freak thing too far, and I'm like, that's why.
Speaker 2: No wonder he was.
Speaker 1: Embarrassed because it was they made him really nerdy sometimes, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it was. We all had our moments of shame, Yeah, all of us.
Speaker 1: All of us went through that. And so but I can see I can see why.
Speaker 2: I can exactly, I can see why.
Speaker 3: And you know, when you start off your career being you know, funny comic stand up guy, and then you have to transition into this. But part of the reason you got this is because you were funny and that, you know, But now it's a totally different kind of branding that you have to do of yourself, and yeah, it's hard to it's tricky. Kind of shake that off and get to a place where you can where you finally appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, understandable, understandable. And now we're now we're all just so comfortable with we can poke about ourselves.
Speaker 2: I love nothing more.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, this is a great question. These have all been fan questions, by the way, we've just sort of peppered them into our conversation.
Speaker 2: But another one is, Uh, if Bob came on this.
Speaker 3: Podcast, what would you talk about? Oh gosh, And I feel like it would be whatever tangent Bob decided to go off on in that moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, there would be. We wouldn't need a run down because he wouldn't stick to any topic.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: And I would be like, all right, you're he's in the driver's seat and we're just holding on.
Speaker 1: What do you What do you want to talk about today, Bob? And that's what we'll talk about. I'll tell you how busy he is.
Speaker 3: He'd be very busy, I'll tell you that much. That's one thing, uh, that we would talk about is how hard it was to schedule this because of how.
Speaker 1: Busy he is, and he would have to pause the podcast to take a call because he's very people will be calling him.
Speaker 2: And he yeah, he picked up. He always picked up the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was someone who the phone was attached to when it was a landline, no joke.
Speaker 2: He would studio on the studio.
Speaker 3: Phone on the one set floor until Keith Richmond, bless his soul.
Speaker 1: Would be like Bob, come on, and it was yeah, Bob never wanted to leave that phone.
Speaker 2: No, it was yea.
Speaker 1: It was like a third army.
Speaker 2: And then cell phones, and he was like, this is great.
Speaker 1: Forget about it, forget about it. It's just so funny. I know you did his pod, his podcast which I can't remember the name of now something with Bob Saget in it, and I did it too, But I haven't been able to go back and listen to my episode yet, just because I know we talk about some deep stuff and you know, just stuff that I'm just not ready to go there.
Speaker 3: So I haven't did you ever release I haven't re listened to it, But now that you bring it up, I I kind of want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, I think you're ready, like I think, I'm I'm ready to hear it now, and it won't be it won't be too sad.
Speaker 3: You know, it hits me, but I'm I'm not a you know, slabbering pile on the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob Saget's here for you. That's the title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bob Saget's here for the title.
Speaker 1: Bob Sagget's here for you.
Speaker 2: It always was.
Speaker 3: He always was unless he was too busy, in which case he would still be there for you.
Speaker 2: But he will remind you of how very busy he was.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he'll always take time for you. He just wants you to know.
Speaker 2: Who it is.
Speaker 3: And if people like and I know that's kind of the running joke that we always say about man, if you knew Bob, it was just that's what everyone's saying.
Speaker 2: He was like wild.
Speaker 1: He's just so so funny. If you could say something to Bob right now, what would it be? Oh, it's a hard one, right. Are you frozen or thinking?
Speaker 3: Thinking? Yeah, no, sorry, I am still here. The zoom did not freeze. I was really deep in thought and like, I don't know, sort of getting weirdly emotional and like I did not like I even had like a direction and that I got, but it just was like what I say.
Speaker 1: To Bob's He's not I would just tell him. I mean, he probably already knows this, but I would just be like, Bob, we talk about you all the time so much.
Speaker 2: She loves you.
Speaker 1: Everyone still talks about you.
Speaker 2: You are still pulling focus, my friend. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Are so famous everyone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would love just to be the main topic on everyone's mind. That would bring him so much joy.
Speaker 3: That would And you know what else would is the fact that SRF, the Sclore Durmer Research Foundation, is continuing to raise tons of money for research and cure, particularly right now when science is being stripped of so much. I know that was a cause really near and dear to Bob's heart. So, you know John Mayer and uh, Jeff Ross and uh you know gosh, all of the board members and stuff at SRF and Kelly Rizzo and you know, it's just such an incredible group that's kept that going. I know he'd be really proud of that. And if I could say something to Bob right now, it would probably be.
Speaker 2: Can you put the phone down? Can you? Can you put the phone down? No, I think it would be just like, thank you for.
Speaker 3: Being the unseen force that held us all together for such a long time. Yeah, you know, because I don't think any I don't think I don't think we weirdly realized just how much he was the glue. Like we knew it, and Bob was sort of you know, but I don't even know how to explain it's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the that that bit of consistency, I think it was just gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it definitely feels different.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's you know, that's the thing about grief and death and all of that, is it just it's it's just really radical change, and so it's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And there's no way to predict it or prepare for it. It's just you don't know until you're in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would.
Speaker 2: That would be it.
Speaker 3: And also thank you for being a thank you for encouraging me to be funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you are, you know, every day every week you're always checking him and his special brand.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing I learned about Bob is like, just say it, you know what I mean, Like, if if the thought pops into your head, I'm not like it's some harsh for me to just talk.
Speaker 2: But if the thought pops into your head and it's fun to go for it, say it.
Speaker 1: And what's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: The joke lands with a thud, and we've seen plenty of those from him, so it was fine.
Speaker 1: Let's see those are those are our fan questions. We're gonna move on to memories, our memories with Bob. Oh, these are some good ones too. Do you have a favorite moment with Bob on set off set that really sticks out to you? I remember, well, every Friday doing our family dinners, going going off campus and going to City Walk and Jerry Restaurant or Jerry's, Yes, and that I have. I told this story on the podcast how Bob Bob drove me one of the times to City Walk and so he was gonna drive me back for the show. And so we were waiting at the valet waiting for the valet to bring his around, and a fan came up to me said are you Kimmy from Full House? And oh this, can I get an autograph or whatever it was at the time. There was no selfies at that time. And then she said okay, thanks and walked away and didn't say anything to Bob, and I immediately turned to him and I said, she didn't recognize you, she recognized me. And he was so proud. He was just like, yep, she did not recognize right. Oh you know that was eating him up.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. He was like, wait, what about me? What about me? Yeah, she's not going to recognize me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious. One time, Bob he's like six foot two and he's not.
Speaker 2: You know, he doesn't slink around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, this was he had home videos, he had full She was.
Speaker 3: She was a Kimler fan and she was like I see Kimmy Gibbler.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, And you know what, I'm so glad that happened in front of him, you know what I mean, Like, what a great You're like, yes, moment finally right.
Speaker 1: It was very satisfying.
Speaker 2: I have to admit the man.
Speaker 3: Uh so I have I have lots.
Speaker 2: I have lots of favorite moments for Bob, but I have a few. I have a few.
Speaker 3: I remembered there was some sort of we had to like call a family meeting between all of us at some photo shoot during Fuller, and then there was something we believed and we just needed to like hash some.
Speaker 2: Family get out.
Speaker 3: Ever was And I just remember this, yeah, And I just remember I was like everybody to my room at lunch, you know, and I just remember Bob sitting in there and he was like so like once he got he was like so uncomfortable, like he was just like I don't I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's not and we were like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Go what I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: And Laurie's like, I don't know why I'm here.
Speaker 3: Lauri's yeah, Laurie's just goes, I don't even know why I'm here?
Speaker 2: What is wrong?
Speaker 1: I got dragged into This was just so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was like it was some stupid I don't know something family that, you know.
Speaker 2: It was like when somebody I don't remember what it was over think it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think it was it a Kid's Choice something or.
Speaker 1: Was it Awards. It was an awards show, the kids Choice going to have Fuller House, the main Fuller House cast right there, and I think certain legacy cast members got their panties in a wad because they weren't invited to go up on stage because they were Legacy casts, not Fuller cast.
Speaker 3: And I think Jeff had asked us if we what did we think would be and we were like, well, Fuller got it, you know, and that yeah, it was the whole thing.
Speaker 1: There's nomination the kids. You know, it was geared towards kids. So we were just like, let's keep it and then let's give our kids, you know, Sony and Michael and a lot Elias. We wanted to give them a moment to shine as well, because this is their show too, So we were like, well, just the Legacy can sit this one out and we'll give the attention to the to the kids on the show. And yeah, like Legacy cast didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Well, everyone save Laurie was like I don't know what im even what that was, but I just I remember Bob sitting there and it was like all of a sudden, he was just like, let's just make I just need to please ever makes everyone in this room happy.
Speaker 2: This is so uncomfortable. I'm really sorry, you know. And then uh god, and we.
Speaker 1: Had we resolved at all in like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Like it it was like, okay, we all sa piece all right? Cool, Like does anyone actually give it about this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Great? Cool, we can get lunch now. I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: It's just an airing of the grievance.
Speaker 3: And I just remember all sitting around in my dressing room. But and then there was a moment at the last wrap party with Bob where I said some joke to him and it was really dark and really it just really dark and anyway.
Speaker 2: And he looked at me and he went wow, and I was like, did I oh, Bob?
Speaker 1: Bob?
Speaker 2: And he was like, that was a good one. That was pretty dark. And I took that as like a moment of victory.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a huge compliment if you if Bob was speechless, because Bob was, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was maybe because it was coming out of me and it's like you still have that weird sort of parent child that you know, known.
Speaker 2: Somebody forever, but I think it was also, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Just really I was like, if anyone's gonna appreciate a really inappropriate joke, it'll be you.
Speaker 2: And so I went for it and perfect.
Speaker 1: Audience right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly, nobody.
Speaker 1: Nobody would appreciate that like Bob appreciate it exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's that was why I said it. And yeah, but it was just one of my favorite moments where I was like, oh, finally I've reached the pinnacle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so great, that's so great.
Speaker 3: Here's a I like this. If you can describe Bob in one word, what would it be, Oh gosh, just one mensch.
Speaker 5: Mensch.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. He is a bench, was always a bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For those of you that might not speak Yiddish or you know, know what a mensch is.
Speaker 2: It's just like a really.
Speaker 3: A kind, wonderful, giving, like good hearted, good natured, just someone you can count on kind of person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you call someone a good egg, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a good egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. I don't I don't think I can. I don't think I can match that. I would just say he's just kind. Yeah, like even when he's mad, even when he's stressed, even when he's anxious, he's still kind.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He was never like a he was never mean about anything. No, you know, so yeah, it's just kind. He's a mench. Let's go with me. Indeed like that one. Yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 2: We just speak.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, speaking of mench, should I read that little letter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What don't we wrap up with that? Because we're at thirty minutes. We wanted to keep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is MINTI we will keep this actually a mini so this is a great way to wrap it up. So I was at Oh, she even put it on here.
Speaker 2: So I was at nineties Con in.
Speaker 3: Tampa, which was September of twenty twenty three, and this lovely lady named Betty gave me this letter and she was.
Speaker 2: There with her I believe her son.
Speaker 3: And anyway, she just was so sweet about it, and she said, I want you to have this letter and it's a And she also had some pictures like of us at disney World or so a couple behind the scenes things that she had seen us, like shooting around you know, the Magic Kingdom or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, let's see. So here's what she said.
Speaker 3: Way back here, Jodiye, way back in nineteen ninety two, I was working at the Yacht Club Front Desk, which is the Beach and Yacht Club hotel in Walt Disney World, when the cast crew and staff stayed at our beautiful resort. I had met and assisted Karen Miller faner Rito. As you guys know who Karen Miller is. She was our working production I had met and assisted Karen Miller in preparing for your stay. I had the honor of meeting all of you cast, crew and staff during your stay. On my days off, I attended tapings and spent time with a few of the.
Speaker 2: Mothers of the cast.
Speaker 3: Oh, I bet it was probably Sherry Barber and Janisweeden for.
Speaker 1: Sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: But here's what she said about Bob. So Bob Saget was especially kind to me.
Speaker 3: I will never forget when he walked through the doors and shouted, okay, where's Betty. Karen Miller had told him that I was a huge fan and would be at the front desk. He and John Stamos both came to my station. Bob would stop to chat with me every time he passed by the desk. One day he asked me if I had been able to get any autographs, and I told him we are not allowed to ask. And the next thing I know, there was a manila envelope at the front desk that read, please hold for Betty her last name, thank you Bob Saggatt, and inside the envelope was an autographed script personalized from all of the cast, and I.
Speaker 2: Treasure it and the wonderful memories to this.
Speaker 3: Day, so that that is who Bob was.
Speaker 1: So that's a perfect story to that encapsulates him. Yeah, it's a big heart and remembering details like that. Remember Betty's name, Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we love you, Bob, We miss you. And we'll keep yammering into microphones in your honor.
Speaker 1: And next week, next week at the live show, we will we will toast in your honor, and yes you, oh.
Speaker 2: Yep, it will make sure that you are mentioned a bunch.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely well on that note. Huh, remember you guys. The world is small, but the house was full of lots of love, lots of love, a.
Speaker 2: Ton, yeah, the anches of it, all right, I love this.
Speaker 4: Yeah bye,