Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Leading Off Live. This is Fantasy Pros MLB. It is me, Joey, p Joe Pi Zapia with me of course is the Welsh and moving a long time to say that. Because it is officially opening day, Leading Off is back and as you can see, we are back on the Twitch. That's right, that's where you can watch us live. We're still on YouTube video on demand as always, but we are on the Twitch now, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. That is the place to be to watch us live. If you want to interact with us. If you're saying, hey, you know why I don't really do that much interaction over on the twitch, that's okay. You can still watch on YouTube, like I said, and we have YouTube streams every Wednesday, four pm Eastern that are just about you and your questions. But in the meantime, we're trying to grow this Twitch thing. We want you to be a part of our Twitch family. So again, Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros. That's how you hang out with us live for Leading Off New Eastern every day, same time and same two hosts. Welsh. It is great to see you. It's officially baseball. Anybody who's telling you that baseball already started, shut up with that. That's noise, that's nonsense. Today is when baseball really begins.
Speaker 2: It is a glorious, glorious day. What mark could we ask for. We've got baseball all day. I've got a crazy schedule. I'm here the best place I could possibly be. I'm gonna be on itl Twitch for a while during the games. I'm going to Opening Night tonight. I DM Justin Steele and I told him you better stink and be awful tonight because I'm going to the game with the Diamondbacks. I didn't say any of that. I wished him luck and totally coward and didn't say a single thing. But I'm excited. We've got a ton for you guys. I'm glad everybody's here, and I do want to also throw this out. We are now officially in the stage on Twitch where we have subs, so you can sub and if you do, it'll get rid of ads. It's going to get you special emotes. I actually when we get the first one, I want to announce that person the first sub on the channel. If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can actually hook it up for a free sub and it'll get rid of all the stuff and cookie chubs officially is our first sub for leading off on the channel.
Speaker 1: Emoji. Do you see the la emoji? I love that.
Speaker 2: Subscribed with Prime, you guys can do that. You can give subs, you can get subs. We'll have cool little perks in it. But it'll get rid of ads which will hit at some point. And I just want to let you guys know that business out of the way.
Speaker 1: We can get business day casual all in the front right now, and let's get to the headlines of what's going on here. It is opening day and lots of lineup news. So Welsh, why don't you take us through some of the lineup news that's going on right now, including maybe one of the worst lineups we've ever seen on an opening day.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the worst lineup. We need to run a poll if we can. I need something in here. I don't know if Cali can do this. We're gonna get to it. Here's my t's the worst lineup of all time in the history of baseball opening days is happening today. But we'll get to that at the bottom. So here are some interesting notes for the lineups that we've seen Ellie batting three today, A lot of people talking about the five toolness of like RBIs or whatnot. He's in the three spot, with Matt McClain in the two spot, very fantasy, valuable on both sides, Cees in the seventh spot. I don't know if that does anything for you. You'll do little stops in between some of these, anything do it for you? With Ces at seven? I don't really love that.
Speaker 1: Uh well, I mean, look, Le's just be happy he's in the lineup, you know. I mean it sounds like we've been like straight to greatness for CS. And you remember when we were breaking him down as a prospect. My big thing was that he's got a giant hitch at his swing. And I told you, when you get to the big league level, the better pitchers are going to take advantage of that with the breaking stuff for the other things they could do and then jamminy inside. And he has struggled a little bit at the big league level. He was mash and mighty league pitching. I like Ellie in the three spot. I love Elli, and I got a ton of Ellie sharers. Ellie's my home one of my home league keepers. So we had that draft last night. I love it because I wanted to see him get the RBI as well as you know, the stolen bases and everything else in the run scored, so you know, when those guys get up to that one spot, two spot, you know, sometimes the RBI they don't always tick up to where you want. So that I do like. And the Marlins lineup he is gross. Yea, let's you go through you.
Speaker 2: Just want to get right into it. Yeahah, let me just play out through some of these other ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, boy, these lineups all right. James Wood is two, he's hitting in the two hole. Love that. Dylan Cruz in the eighth spot. Hate that. Just want to throw that out, Absolutely hate that. Andres Jmenez cleaning up for the Blue Jays today. Okay, I didn't have that on my bingo card for opening day. Andre Jimenez from the four spot. Matt Wallner is leading off again. It's a trend we saw in spring training, so I think that's fantastic. Just want to let everybody know that's a confirmation the Saint Louis Cardinals through all the players that you love at the bottom of the order. They hate them. Jordan Walker seven, Victor Scott eight, Mason Win nine. We're gonna have to monitor that they put Brendan Donovan at three. And the single worst lineup I have ever might not just be Opening Day. I need to hear in the chat if you can give me a worse one. Oh, I've got worse. I've got I have it as too. You can read it in a second. Then worst lineup of all time in Opening Day, maybe worst lineup I've ever seen in a baseball game. I have seen Arizona Fall League rosters that look exponentially better than this. I cannot believe the Marlins are putting this lineup out. So Joe present us with this incredible atrocity.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Xavier Edwards than Stours hitting second, playing left, Bride at DH, Murvus at first, Lopez at second, Coenine and Ryefield not Jeff Conine, mind you not Senior Hill at centerfield, Paulli at third, four Tes at ketcher. This is this is a joke. I mean, this is this is an absolute, filthy, horrible joke. I mean, I don't know what are we doing here, Marlins, and I see in the chat. Somebody put it in there. I guess if I can find it, Miami should sell the team. I had a tweet earlier today. Go find it at Joe Pisap of seventeen on the big Twitter machine because I was rebooting baseball movies for twenty twenty five and one of them that I rebooted was Major League. And what I said is the new theory of the story is, in an effort to sell the team cheap ownership assembles the worst group of players possible to move to Miami. But they forget they've already got a team in Miami that's doing that. So instead they just signed Trevor Baller instead. And that's that's it. That's it. That's the tweet, folks, crazy tweet.
Speaker 2: It's no good, But I gotta tell you real quick. I immediately went to go look at at the Paul skin strikeout numbers because that's the lineup that Paul Jeans is going to be going again.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that. That's on the docket for today.
Speaker 2: Let me know if you agree that that is the worst lineup that any team has ever put out, We're not going to do it. The whole show but just want to shout out a bunch of you guys SUBBN Beattie was in there, Caveman, my Boy Jag, Michael Impo, a bunch of you guys all hooking it up. It looks like with your prime, so keep doing it. We just had a little ad break on Twitch. You want to avoid that. You guys can get the sub it will keep it away. But shout out to the people that are rocking this bad boy.
Speaker 1: I love a good subcard. Love that. Also, can we still watch live on YouTube? You can watch live on YouTube. Here's a question for you from whips Well on four pm Eastern Wednesdays, We're going to do just a Q and A for an hour with just you guys taking your questions, but on demand on YouTube, so you can still watch on YouTube. It'll be on the YouTube. I want to get to a couple of questions because rosters are going to lock in for people. Would you drop Jared Jones and pick up Robby Wright or Gavin Williams. Yes, I would pick up both of those guys to be honest with you, So drop Jones, pick up both of those guys. Priority. Who is it for you?
Speaker 2: Rayer Williams I would probably go Gavin Williams, but both really cool, both hiccups. I'm not super anti Jerry Jones like for the season, but I do think it could hold down those are No one gets those options, by the way, so good on you.
Speaker 1: For this one's from Smitty two. Would you rather have Colton Kowser or Cedric Mullen on your roster?
Speaker 2: Colton Kowser?
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Also today, some great pitching matchups, because opening day you always get the number one guys Peralta Rodn. Okay, that's all right. You've got Wheeler on the mound today, but not the greatest magically outside and Gore we like him as a sleeper. But there's some premium matchups here today, some really good ones. We've got Michael King and Chris Sale. That's a good one. Hunter Green and Logan Webb should be really fun. Hopefully Sonny Gray is feeling better. Him and Pablo Lopez should be entertaining. I'll contra in Skien, so although the Marlins are putting out a trash lineup again, I've already bet the over on Skien strikeouts. I might have to laugh or bet that today. I just don't know how long he's gonna pitch in that game, because that's the first game. That's my only problem. Scoble Snell, that to me is the ultimate matchup today that I want to see those lefties on the mound? Which one is your favorite of all the matchups you got out there today on the mound?
Speaker 2: I mean getting to see schemes in al contra I think is phenomenal. Tariq's Scooble and Snell. I'm a little partial. I want Garrett Crochet is a singular picture that I'm really hyper focused on. But yeah, I think Scooble Snell is the best lineup here is a piece of news that came down. Tanner Byby scratched today. Nothing terrifying, just sick. Just he's hanging out with Mooki.
Speaker 1: Or going on the flu. The illness is going on, so at least it's not an arm issue or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Ben Lively is going to get the start. So no Tanner Biby today.
Speaker 1: All right, In case you missed it too, Just a couple more headlines to go through. The Mariners signed cal Rawley to a six year, one hundred and five million dollar contract extension, So good for cal Rawley, power hitting catcher. We like him. And then the Red Sox did confirm we talked about this on the live stream yesterday that Raphael Dever's No Duh is going to be the DH for the Red Sox in twenty twenty. Of course, is because he's a terrible defender. He's been a bad defender for his entire career. And you could play Christian Campbell at second, you could play Alex Bregman at third. You can cast us it first d HD Effers, and you've got a legit lineup a lot like right now out there the buzz, and I'm on the buzz too. I was on this buzz as soon as the Garrett Coole injury happened. But a lot of people are picking the Red Sox right now. That number is gonna change for that division.
Speaker 2: You turned into Jerry Seinfeld there for about then. You're like the buzz. Everyone's talking about the buzz.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves this subguard. I got a subcard for you. Everybody loves it. It's good eate the ub.
Speaker 2: You don't even like Seinfeld, I don't, I don't, I'm not, but you just I.
Speaker 1: Used to love Seinfeld. The older, I get I'm tired of it. Like you know, some shows you can watch over and over again and just never get sick of that. What I'm starting to get a little sick of.
Speaker 2: I finally hit Always Sonny's kind of a never get sick of type of show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I started watching the first couple of seasons that I gotta pick it up again. I gotta pick that up again. Bo Wait, what was your favorite matchup for the pictures today?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I would say the Scoople Snell one is probably the one that jumps out. But what is my sale Michael, I don't know that's the one, But like I'm hedging is good. Yeah, I'm hedging because I'm like, hey, I love like Skeens in Alcntra. It could be awesome, but like Skeens might be the best watch because guy might have seven strikeouts in one inning. And I know that's not impossible, but that's what that's what this Marlin's lineup might give to him. Like the alt line might be one of the most outside of Tyler O'Neil to hit a homer. So we did this on the live stream just to let everybody know what you're in for today. Five straight years Tyler O'Neill has hit a homer on opening Day. I believe most of the books have said it is the number one bet home run bet of the day is Tyler O'Neill, and it's right around three and a half to one. Outside of that, it might become Paul Skean's alternate strikeouts are going to be the big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it's wrong. Whip says a question Ober at Saint Louis or lu Goover's Cleveland this week?
Speaker 2: Man, that Saint Louis lineup is not super great.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: See I'm not the biggest Ober guy, but I would go ober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ober, here's another one from the Muffin Monster, the Vientos. Is he worth getting in a ten person head to head league? I think so? I mean absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: He's the top ten team league, top one hundred players, So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Without a doubt here. All right, then Josh Low or Jason Dimingez another.
Speaker 2: One like as a today thing.
Speaker 1: I let's think it's a today thing.
Speaker 2: I would say Josh Low Dimingez pushed down in the lineup pretty hard, but.
Speaker 1: Isn't uh well, Pepio's on the mound today right for the Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a horrible but I mean, I'm just saying, like dimingas.
Speaker 1: They're going against the Colorado Rockies, which more on the Rockies in just a second. Now it's opening days, so we like to have some fun here on the program, and of course if you're watching on the YouTube channel, we want you to subscribe, we want you to comment, we want you to like it, we want you to be part of our baseball community. We're getting so close to twenty five thousand right now we can taste it. Let's than five hundred left to go, and then Mario and Luigi show up here on the program. I can't wait for that where you have to buy those costumes pretty soon. But we're gonna do our all Welsh all Joe teams today. And these are the players that we've attached ourselves to over this offseason that you've heard us talk about a million times if you watch us on the YouTube channel, and if you're just joining us for the first time, we're probably gonna talk about them a million more in season as well. So here's my group, and again, these are players that I think that between all the shows, all the drafts, all the discussions, all the write ups, everything that we've done, I think have led us to some of these players. And I'm looking at this and now, if I could get this as a team, I'd be so happy. I would roll with this here opening day and any day. So here is my All Joe team for twenty twenty five. Logan Ohapi a catcher, first base, Trystan Cassus again, two guys that I think are gonna have big power seasons. Then I have attached my name in the bold predictions that Welsh might have mentioned once or twice on the Live Stroom yesterday on YouTube. That is out there on Fantasy Bros. Jackson Holiday twenty twenty season. That's my bold prediction for Jackson Holiday. We'll see if I'm right. Mark Vientos aforementioned third base again in this lineup. I don't see how he is not going to produce thirty home runs potentially one hundred rbi or more. And then the runs Gord as well, I think will be there. This is a very formidable Mets lineup. Those are words that I rarely have put together in my entire lifetime of being a Mets fan. Matt McClain is my shortstop. That's my infield Welsh. Give me your infield of your All Welsh team. All right.
Speaker 2: I've been pretty i guess, staunch about the I like quite a few catchers, but Austin Wells has been the guy I've talked a ton about gonna, you know, get lead off potential for the Yankees. And you know, I don't even think I looked for the Yankees today. Is he leading off? He is leading off? How sexy is that? So Austin Wells has been the All Welsh catcher at first, Christian Walker, we had a little bit of a bumpy road there, but you know he's back. He's going to be in the lineup. So Christian Walker all first baseman. Marcus Simeon. I've said, I really like getting him later. So that is my all second base pick. You know, right around like the sixties seventies, I am one of the highest rankers on Junior Camonaro and I'm gonna hold to it. At third base, he's there, and I am one of the absolute highest on Ellie Day La Cruz not. I mean, someone might have him at one, but I've had him top four the entire season, so Walker, Simeon Camonaro, Ellie Day La Cruz. Those have been with Austin Wells have been my my infield all Welsh picks.
Speaker 1: One of the funny comments here I see in between one of the odds they nail the best bets of the day intro one hundred percent, because I don't think we're doing the intro anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the intro.
Speaker 1: We're just doing bets. But we can still do it if you want to do it, Welsh. We could as a bit. I mean I'm not we.
Speaker 2: Could do it today. Maybe all right, I do it today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, it's time for okay, but we're not doing it now. Now that's a tease. That's what they call it. The business. All right, let's get to the outfield and the starting pitcher and reliever here. Ronald Acunya, I keep talking about it because I keep hearing things little birdies are telling me. Might be as early as the first week of May, just saying I'm hearing that.
Speaker 2: Berties.
Speaker 1: You know me. I know people. I know people on the inside. I got a guy over here, I got a guy over there. I know some things. Lawrence Butler another one that i've really been just pounding the table for that. I think could have a huge breakout season that I don't think we've seen the best of him. We saw the best of what he could be for a stretch last summer. But now you got to put over a full season and I think he can do that. I love the move out of that ballpark two for him. Louis Robert just going way too late. I've been talking about him so much. I think Louis Robert is going to be great in April and May because he desperately wants to get the heck out of Chicago. And then my utility bat, I got one more bat and it's back to Junior Kaminaro again. This was the guy that I went all in on last year. It wasn't great. I'm not going to, you know, get crazy and the really the post hype sleepers here of you know, Jackson Holliday. I don't want to say sleeper for Junior. I'm an Arrow, but the post type guys a little bit where maybe the bloom was off the Rows just a tad because last year didn't go up to expectations. Well, this year I have expectations. My starting pitcher, Blake Snell. Everybody's heard me talk about it. Let all those big pictures go. Give me Blake Snow. I think he has a real shot to win National League so young. And my relief pitcher Pete Fairbanks he drafted last night last draft, and I did draft your guy Austin Wells in that league too. You should be very proud of me, Welsh.
Speaker 2: Very proady.
Speaker 1: Fairbanks cheap closer. Give him to me. I want them, especially now with that mcclanhn injury. Now things are a little getting a little dicier in that rotation. Gotta move Rasmis and then there so Welsh, give me your outfielders for the All Welsh team and the two pitchers.
Speaker 2: Wyatt Langford at the top of the outfielders. I've talked about getting him or James would love seeing James would hit two today, by the way, but White Langford I had been very very loud about in that article that you could check out that we talked about on the livestream that I said seven hundred times Mike Trout, Mike Trout coming in at number two, because yes, Mike Trout is someone I am invested in in this year and I am hoping that we are going to get a significant amount of games. Number Three Victor Roebliss. I love Victor Robliss. I have to have them on every single team going on bas skills, obp, batting average, but the stolen bases. Whether I've got an Ellie at the top or i got a whole lot of power, I want Victor Robliss at the end as a fourth or fifth outfielder just because of the dominant stolen bases. He could bring my utail Brent Rooker. I've I took Brent Rooker in quite a few spots. I'm very much in on him, even if there is a batting average regression that's in tow and on the pitching side, I had to cheat a little bit because, like I think you can go either way with the starting pitcher. For me, all I talk about is Garrett Crochet and I've done for six months. But I also only talk about Spencer Schwellenbach. So I think I get both of them. I'm gonna put both on there. Those are my rotational pieces everywhere.
Speaker 1: Cheat, No, it's Schwellenbach. You don't get to claims.
Speaker 2: Well, see I thought it was Crochet then, But like I'll let the people decide if I only get one, you can either one day.
Speaker 1: Obviously a fan of the show, Michael Harris for sure, Joe Pi's a p A guy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For you my closer Andris Munnos would be my final closure. By the way, a couple pick up things here hit a goal already on the subs. Congratulations you guys freaking rock. I think it was Mayor of all people.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that makes me feelips hat. Let's just pretend it wasn't Mayor. Let's pretend it was cousin Dottie instead, who found his way to twitch. You know, when you get close to fifty and you can find you wellt We'll pretend it's an accomplishment.
Speaker 2: And we've had multiple people in the chat talking about where is the hometown gear? Where are the hats? As I said before I literally did on the live stream yesterday, my dog has eaten all the hats. You are welcome to send in to me a little venmo at the Welsh and if you do, I will go get a hat tonight in Arizona. But yeah, we have to start the hat fund because my dog has eaten like half of my hats. We're down to fantasy pros and the Savannah Banana. So that is why.
Speaker 1: I said Sarah McLaughlin song kind of you know, like just slow move it. You know what we could do that. Let's take some slow videos of the hats that he's chewed up. Yea, they want him to Michael Kelly, he's not doing anything and he'll, uh, he'll make a little sad video about it with some sad music and AI. It'll be great. It'll be fantastic. So those are our all Welsh all Joe teams. I saw some people saying that. I someone said they had my entire infield, which is kind of cool. Actually, that's that's awesome. I love that. All right, let's do a little three up and three down some of the things that are going on in MLB. Three up. Zavid Edwards says he's gonna steal sixty bases. He better uh because that's the only way he's gonna get.
Speaker 2: He might be all the bass for the Marlins. He might be the only basis based on that team.
Speaker 1: Seriously. Uh, Spencer Steer is going to play today. He did avoid the injured list, so that's positive. And Christian Campbell uh. On Tuesday, by the way, hit a couple head home runs. You need a two run home run there. So he's starting to heat up a little bit with the bat, which is great. The fact that Campbell made the team is great also. You know, in all the buzz of Christian Campbell, uh, Rafaela has had a really good spring and I feel like nobody's talked about it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got and he got the center field gig. Like they made the commitment that they weren't going to take him off of it. Yeah, you know, it's a good point. I actually had rafael A pretty high and then I just kind of moved it like not even have like I'm against him. It was just like, oh, this guy's moving up, and this guy's moving up. It has quietly been a pretty pretty good spring, and I'm you know, the Red Sox have not I'm gonna check one more time. Then they haven't released their lineup. I'd be very curious at where he's going to be. We know It'sion.
Speaker 1: Here's the spring numbers for him. You look for the lineup, I'll give you the spring numbers for him. Three sixteen four h nine, OBP five twenty six, lugging nine thirty five ops in forty four played appearances to homers, ten rubies, two steals, and he also had six walks just four strikeouts, more walks to strike all of a sudden like Rafaela, who might qualify a multiple positions depending on your league eligibility rules. That could be one. Where's he in today.
Speaker 2: So that they do not have the Red Sox lineup? I imagine it will be. But I do have two other interesting I want to throw this at. Two lineup adjustments are really interesting ones that popped up this guy. I think should have been your You too, Kyle man Zardo batting five today for the Guardians. That's a very significant one.
Speaker 1: The earlier projections I know on Fangraus had him hitting right after Josey Ramirez. So that's not the case anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, but he's hitting five. That's still good with Santana. And then how about this one. So a lot of people are pushing back on me, They're like, oh, wait, you know, Marlin's really stink. But wait, you see the White Sox. I'm like, nah, dude, Roberts in there, but check this out. For the White Sox, Miguel Vargas, your leadoff hitter, that's a very interesting one, especially for his on base skills. So Miguel Vargas leading off for the White Sox might be a sneaky ad in deeper leagues just based on that skill set and the atbats he's going to get.
Speaker 1: Here's a question here from game again, who steals more basses? Victor Robliss or Xavier Edwards?
Speaker 2: Ooh thank Xavier Edwards.
Speaker 1: Edwards too.
Speaker 2: Possibly, but it's going to be super close. Like that, dude, he has really really good like four hundred OBP Xavier ed Words does he's going to get on The only way they're going to manufacture runs is if he can steal three bases in you know, one round, Like he's going to have to steal home.
Speaker 1: Prime wants to know Ramos or Garrett Mitchell head to head season long. I like both these guys, to be honest, So if I'm just picking one, it's a little trickier. Man. I think I would pick Ramos, but it's close.
Speaker 2: I would go with Ramos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like Mitchell. I think Mitchell can be pretty good. By the way, b D I'm waiting for the new City field menu talk. We're all here for it. Look best food in baseball. What like two years in a row they've been voted So the Mets, Yeah, yeah, too bad. They're not the best team in baseball ever, but best food in baseball. We have certain, you know, levels that we're striving for as an organizations might.
Speaker 2: Chance for you. This year got to potentially be excited.
Speaker 1: So those are the ops. Here are the downs. Vine Pascuentino is gonna be reevaluated today to determine if he can play today in opening Day. So if you have your lineups that are set daily, pay attention to that.
Speaker 2: I can tell you he is in. He is in. He did actually okay, he's hitting three for the Royals today, So it's indeed, wit pas Quentino.
Speaker 1: Well, look at that. See how it down became it up so quickly. Look it was down, now it's up. It turned straight around.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: The Rangers did option Evan Carter and did triple A. Just wanted to put that out there one more time. And Mickey Moniac had gotten released. I remember I just a couple of shows ago. We had a big conversation about how how can you have the whole board and pick Mickey Moniac is the number one overall pick and I remember screaming about it and arguing on Serious XM Radio when I was on there with all the prospect guys. I think Mayo actually was one of them, not Mike Mayer. I was like the real Mayo and and I was like, how how can you see that? But good news, I guess for him. The Rockies picked him up one mere one million dollars. So we'll see what has so, you know, again maybe turning where it's opening day, we're trying to be positive here, that's what we're trying to do. And speaking of being positive, I'm positive of one thing. The best way to manage all your lineups today and every day, because it is a marathon, not a sprint of the major league season, is using my playbook. You want to manage all your lineups in one spot, you want to dominate all your leagues, My playbook from Fantasy Pros is the way to do it. It's the suite of the most powerful tools you'll ever have in your whole life. And again, if you are in leagues and let's say you got CBS, you got two Yahoo, you got an ESPN, you got a fan tracks, you put them all together in one spot sink your leagues for free and you could set all your lineups just on the My Playbook apps. So go get it today fantasypros dot com, slash MLB My Playbook or just download MLB My Playbook wherever you get your apps from. And if guys get hurt, you go, oh, man, I got shares of this guy in a couple of leagues. It'll tell you exactly which leagues right there. It's so great. I use it for all my football leagues. I use it for all my baseball leagues. You should to. Don't be a tool, use the tools. My playbook is a great tool, all right. Welsh injury time. We don't like this, so we're gonna go through it quickly. Jared Jones ucl sprain in his right elbow. I don't know if we see I know the optimism. Here we go again, the cock eyde optimist of opening day. A lot of people go oh a couple months, you know, we'll see him in June. And holding my breath as we were looking before earlier, Gavin Williams, Robbie Ray. There were guys out there in some of these, you know, more shallow leagues. Go get those guys period, end of story. Welsh, I will set the over under at eleven and a half games for Jared Jones in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You want to go over under, Oh, that's really tough because six to eight weeks, but then that's probably for throwing, so you're probably three months out if everything goes right, I think that's an over. I'm going to go with the under because I am absolutely terrified that they're going to be like, hey, cool, you know we're about eight weeks, let's start throwing in stuff and then we're going to feel something again, and they shut him down like that's a it's a story as old as time. So I I in the same token, I'm cool with picking him up and putting him on the IL and stashing, especially if there's not a lot of great options. But I'm not putting in a lot of hopes right now. This this is not great. It's good that there's no structural damage, but we'll see, and you know, I've already got a dead bet because of it. But Jerry Jones, I'll go under eleven and a half. But it could be close. It really could, because if he does get out there, you know, like we I think based on that timeline, he can get that number.
Speaker 1: You get set this at where I could set it at zero point five, and I'll take the under. I don't think we see him this year. That's me. I'm miserable over there. You know. I thought, you know, maybe it's all these years of spending time with Mike Mayer where I've just become a miserable person. I don't know what happened. I think I'm just realistic now where I see these injuries, and I think it's the fantasy manager in me that always wants to be like, Okay, I'm listening to you. Six to eight weeks, yes, and remember this, remember the code I senga stuff just last year at this time, right, Oh, it'll be a couple of weeks. I'll ramp up. And I said nope, I said forget it, don't count on him, don't look. And it worked again. Same thing. I know, Garrett Cole. You know I kept saying and pending doom, and I wasn't right last year. I was right in the long run.
Speaker 2: Was the way rafaela Red Sox lineup just came out nine. He is hitting nine though, way pray you back in the lineup. That's good.
Speaker 1: That's that's where we're gonna start. That's where we're gonna start. So there you go. Christian Campbell batting six h Bryce Terrang batting ninth. Do I roll the dice on the kid because the better spot in the lineup? I do it anyway because it got the better bat forget it. Look if Bryce Terrang goes from you know, fifty something steals to thirty steals and doesn't make any progress with the hit tool at all this year, I don't think. I think Bryce Rang is going to be a huge He's a huge fade for me, but I think he was going to be a huge disappointment this year potentially. So uh and everybody. Jerry's here. I love seeing all the peanuts and cracker Jacks here. I know it's a pain. I know it's another app I get it. I understand, but look, it's best for business, right. We're trying to grow this channel. We're trying to grow what we do with Fantasy ros MLB. They said it would never work, and we've proven them wrong every single time, and we're going to continue to do it as long as you stay with us. So we appreciate you more injuries. Let's fly through these. Frankie Montas a week or two away from a throwing program again, that'll be a while for him. Royce Lewis, it's not me if you heard this before. Ten day IL officially with the hamstring strain. I don't know. I don't know what's going on. How does the Twins' training staff just not completely fired at some point? Like? What are they doing over there and getting these guys ready? Zach Geloff ten day IL with the hammade fracture and his right wrist, that's typically not great. Clark Schmidt, we anticipated the Yankees got a bunch Schmidt. He's gone to the IL. We knew that was gonna happen. Retroactive to the twenty fourth Stanton to the IL, also retroactive the same day, and same thing with DJ Lemayhew. So all on ten day IL fifteen for Schmidt. Will see how that goes. And then Alexis Diaz goes in the IL with the hamstring strain. Now, you were talking yesterday Welsh that maybe his job isn't safe. I kind of don't go that route. I think Diaz is the best guy there for that job. And when you have a veteran manager like Francona. He's gonna go back to Daz, but you seem to be a little more uneasy about that close situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I don't think I said that, but maybe I eluded that. Yeah, I mean, Alexia is the closer. But gram Ashcraft has been talked about. And then what was mentioned yesterday was Tony Santillion they really like get thrown in there. Yes, yeah, but there was something a little bit that, a little bit gram ash Craft of maybe holding just because you know Dia is a little wonky on the end of last year and the injury. But I agree Francona is like a classic old school manager, like they're going to give Diaz the opportunities, but if you have the injury, you have one of those guys. Let's just assume it's Santillion right now. Is decent, Diaz comes back and struggles, then he's gone. But I think Diaz is still a really good stash people. Some people got him late in drafts. I'm not doing anything crazy, but I am picking up Santillion or Ashcraft right now, just for a little interm of saves, because I do think the Reds are going to win some games of this year.
Speaker 1: Question from b D Who do you anticipate opening or happening with the second base job with the Mets? Seems like Baty is the stronger side of the watoon. But do I think that holds? I think it's going to hold early on. They have a lot of time energy invested in Batty less in Acunya. So I think for the Baty situation, this is the kind of last dance for him. There was a lot of trade rumors this offseason that maybe Beaty would go in a package for a guy like Dylan Ce's or something like that. He's had a good spring playing second base is not his position now, He's a third baseman by trade. He looked good at times at second, not so good some others. So let's see defensive LYE what goes on. It's funny if you take Acunya and Batty, those guys would start on the Marlins tomorrow, right, you know, like you think about how a team like the Marlins could repopulate if you gave them Mauricio Acunya, right and Batty boom, You just completely.
Speaker 2: Repopulate that team two to four hitters, right, and give me.
Speaker 1: Back al Contra and we're good. But that's the thing is, I think they want Beatty to play. I think they want him to finally have a good showing at the major league level. I would not be shocked if late inning you see him come out for Acuna though, just for defense. Well, so that's the one thing. So in those tighter games, is it going to cost Beaty some of bats? Maybe here and there, but I wouldn't be looking at that right now. I think Beaty is of all the guys that I wanted that second base grouping, I think Baty right now is the best investment. Do you have any thoughts on that second base situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think he's probably you know, like I said, stronger side of the latoon. I think he's going to get that first opportunity. But you also didn't. You didn't have Luis on Halakunya make the roster for no reason. But I would bet on Beatty right now and just you know, monitor how it goes. Better defense, probably on Acunya side.
Speaker 1: All right, before we get to the best bets of the day, and we've got some good ones for you, and of course the home run calls we're still doing the home run calls. It's opening day. I wanted to have some fun here, and you know, there's always new things to talk about, right Every year you get new uniforms, every year you get some new logos and things that are going on right now. But the Chesapeake Bay Bay Socks or Chesapeake Bay Sox, I guess is the better way to put it, viral a couple of days ago because they have a new logo Welsh. And you know, whenever you have these new logos, there's channels, there's approvals, and I always think it's amazing. We talked like like the hats, take the hat where everybody's looking at it and going, well, that's kind of you know about maybe.
Speaker 2: I won't say those names, but yeah, the textest one.
Speaker 1: But I want you, for those of you who might have missed this, I wanted you to take a look at this logo right here. Now. Remember they are the oyster Catchers. That's not so logog yeah, it's and the ball placement, you know, I understand.
Speaker 2: It's I can't I don't see the all. I can't find it.
Speaker 1: No comments, uh, you know for me on that about you and not being able to close. There you found it. Now there you go. Also fun, you know, looking for new shows, especially you know this time of year.
Speaker 2: Severance, the Hat show, that's the hat I need. But that I was gonna say, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do the hat fund. This is the hat fund I think we need. I think this is this is absolutely the hat. This right to the top. Can you buy it or take it off the market already?
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I I mean, I don't know. Let's find out, all right anyhow.
Speaker 1: And Donnie's mad because I went on Donnie's show, cousin Donnie, and he's like, why did you tell me about this? Obviously he's running right now to whatever the team store is to get this hat. Also the show Severance, I've heard nothing but good things. So new season of Baseball. I always look for a new season of a show to pick up. Have you been watching the Severance. I haven't been watching it.
Speaker 2: I'm my half fish way through season two now.
Speaker 1: Everybody keeps talking about this guy and how much he looks like Barry Bonds from like nineteen eighty seven. Did you agree with them? Like, I mean, I saw this and I thought he really does kind of have this This actor I don't know that it was it. Mister Tillman Leave is his name, right, I think.
Speaker 2: That's the I think that's the actor's name, because I'm forgetting now the god I'm forgetting, like the name.
Speaker 1: It's like Tamel Tillman is the name of the actor. Yeah, so it says it really does have a Barry bondsish quality. Would you approve this biopic?
Speaker 2: That's absolutely I mean that look right there. It's not just like, oh hey he has some features. He literally has the look of Bonds with the Pirates in the early years. The mustache, the hair. Yeah, one hundred percent, it'd be great.
Speaker 1: All right, So a little fun things, uh, Tyler saying severance is very good. Uh, there is another person here? Why so hard? What's our hood?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 1: Why should I love the names here? That's what we get?
Speaker 2: Why so hard?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Maybe maybe because they were at that uh.
Speaker 2: That absolutely derailing at the end of this there.
Speaker 1: You go, Well look we are obviously back in full effect here. All right. Well you know what time it is, don't you.
Speaker 2: I think I do.
Speaker 1: It's time for the best Bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. I still like doing it. I want to do it anyway. And as Welsh alluded to before, we've got some big time pitchers on the mound. I'm going right for Paul Skins eight plus strikeouts alternate plus one twenty I throw three units on this and just sit back and enjoy the show. Because that Marlins lineup is horrendous and Skeens doesn't have to go even six innings to get this, Like I get this in three innings almost, and like, I don't know, man, I just that lineup is so bad. This might be the newtroll last year, Remember it was the White Sox. Where are the White Sox? Oh good, let's just go invest in whoever's playing against them. It might be the Marlins. That a little trickier today for the wins because Sandy's on the mounta and Sandy is great. Also, Garrett Crochet eight plus strikeouts plus one twenty eight is also on that board too. I think it's early to latter both of these, just because I imagine they give me on pitch counts. But it would not shock me if both these guys got to double digits today. The other thing I thought was interesting, and this is on FanDuel, and right now, if you are looking to make your first bet, go to Fantasybros. Dot Com slash leading off because over there on FanDuel you can place your first bet for five bucks and get two hundred in bonus bets if you win the bet. So we're doing a deal with FanDuel this year. They have Garrett Crochet's velocity on the first pitch. I want to get your take on this, because ninety nine mile an hour, ninety nine miles per hour or faster for the first pitch for Garrett Crochet plus five fifty ninety eight to ninety eight point nine plus one sixty six ninety seven to ninety seven point nine plus one thirty two, but ninety six point nine or lower. So it just comes in as a ninety six mile hour fastball right.
Speaker 2: Or eight off speed pitch or an off speed pitch.
Speaker 1: So I bet the ninety six or under ninety six point nine or under thinking you know, maybe you know, I think everybody thinks, well, you know, the the energy, the emotion, the adrenaline pumping. Sure he might just first pitch ninety nine and you're like, oh, here we go, Eric Crochet. Well I saw value with the ninety eight one, and I saw value with the ninety six point nine. I was curious what your take.
Speaker 2: Was on this, oh man, Like I'm tempted to go what was I wish? I mean, I'd have to research this because I'd be curious what he was sitting in spring and where the average velo sits. I feel like I want to take. I mean, there's a reason it's plus five fifty by the way, I feel like I kind of want to take or how I would do this is go ninety eight to ninety eight point nine like a full unit, and then maybe you do like a quarter of a unit on the ninety nine, or you just play the ninety nine. I get what you're saying, though I'm not sure that you're gonna go first pitch secondary, but this is fun. And then I mean the in the schemes one is what skeens.
Speaker 1: One is one oh one are faster at plus three forty one hundred to one one hundred point nine plus two ninety ninety nine to ninety nine and a point nine plus three forty and then ninety eight point nine or slower minus one sixteen, Which is funny because they're really telling you now, skemes is, and I'm sure there's data behind this of who's the first pitch, fastball, all this situation, but I just you don't see that very often. My quick parlay of the day money line Phillies with Wheeler on the mound, money line Angels against the White Sox, the Trolls continue, and then on Friday, if you can get both of these, you might be able to cash out. But on Friday you get the Tampa Bay Rays with Pepio on the mound against the Rockies. So I've put that together in a little parlay that over Thursday Friday a little bit. This is cool before we get to your bets, Luceros here in the chat. I hope I'm saying that right. Apparently, in celebration of Women's History Month, as a result of their response from the logo, the Oyster Catchers are going to donate ten percent of merch to the charity that supports cervical cancer survirus. That's awesome. See, see you can have something that comes up it's funny, and you go, you know what, it's funny, We're keeping it. Let's do something good about it. That's really funny, but it is a can we get a look at that logo one more time?
Speaker 2: I mean, do we need that? We do you want to do at the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Maybe the end of the show. Oh, there it is. It's a lot of people that approve, you know, and just that look that's great. See the catching the oyster.
Speaker 2: Look great on night. It'd be a great hat. I gotta be honest with you, it would look We got to look and see what it looks like.
Speaker 1: After all right, let's get to Welsh's bets of the day. Make our home run calls. Today is a long action spectacular. Because it's the first leading off of the season, we like to have fun here, so Welsh, give us your best bets for opening day.
Speaker 2: All right. I love betting on Mike Trout today. Mike Trout his total basis is really interesting. It's really good plus money if you want to do that going up against Sean Burke. I love the hit run and RBI one point five over on the hits runs and RBI, so you know, he could one single in a guy and then you're golden. You don't have to worry about him getting a double. I'm really not sure that's gonna be a problem, but right around minus one ten, minus one fifteen for one point five, so two of at least a hit a run in an RBI number two. I actually have this up on the Betting pros app. If you guys want to go and download the Betting pros app. You can follow Joe, you can follow me, you can follow Mayor and everybody. You can check out what our full cards look like. We have them sync, have them sync to my sports books. But we also could put best bets up. I put this as the best bet of the day. Zach Efflin's strikeouts three point five over good plus money. I got it around one thirty on FanDuel. It's sitting around one twenty four right now. And part of the reason behind it is he's not a big, big strikeout guy, that's absolutely for sure. But he hit this number in Opening Day last year. He went a significant amount of innings last year. I think he will do the same. And the back half of this Blue Jays lineup, I'm not so sure he's going to get it. To start. You know Bishett and Vladigerrero, but you do have Santandero, but then you're looking at Jimenez, Springer, Wagner, Ernie Clement, and Alan Rodin are all at the back half of the rotation. If he's going and you get two stabs at those guys. I love four strikeouts for Zach Efflin at plus money. I'm a first five better you guys know that. Give me Red Sox first five innings money line. And Fandel had one of the best odds minus one twenty eight, so that is for them to be winning through the first five innings. If they're tied, you get your money back. So it's pretty sweet, so Red Sox first five money line. I've also got a couple bets on Betting Pros if you guys want to go check that out. There's a Phillies one in there, a couple other fun things. I will give you a fun parlay though, one hit for Vladimir Guerrero Junior, Alex Bregman, and Mike Trout almost two to one plus one ninety three for all three of those guys to get one hit today. That's a fun little hits parlay. But you can check out all this stuff over at Betting Pros if you want to follow us see our bets. Just want it, you have to follow us. You could just peruse it. And those are just a few of my bets for opening day.
Speaker 1: Now, run contest still going on. You can join it at Fancy Rose dot com slash chat. That's our discord. There's a channel in there where you can make your home run calls the big prize. Well, and now it's it tomorrow because we have the big board tomorrow. I'm gonna tease everybody with that too, So tomorrow you'll see what you're playing for besides our undying respect. But it's funny because game day here says manifesting Mike Trout healthy season. Well, guess what that's where I'm going for my home run call today plus three point fifty. You can find it right now. I like Trout to go yard. My alternate was Anthony Santander, and I'm giving you an alternate because guess what. Welsh never ever picks the same guy as me and wants to stay there, and today he's finally learning to hold hands with me and walk across that plane into the cornfields, a field of dreams, and get a home run call with me. So you also like Mike Trout today to go yard.
Speaker 2: This I can go and I can talk myself off of it. I think there's a couple good guys. My alternate would be Vlad. I really like Vlad today, but I had for days been and locked into Mike Trout for a couple of days, and this is where I wanted to go with my home run call obviously, like you know, the matchup against Sean Burke and everything. He's hitting three. I just like everything to it. I like trying to get out to a hot start. Love the odds at three and a half if you want to bet it. But that is my home run call. I logged it in the Fantasy Pros discord, so we are both officially even though I got Vlad, you got Santandero ironically, but Blue Jays, we're gonna official Trout.
Speaker 1: My official one is Trout. I'm trying to help the people if they're looking for another one today. Santantarra's my other one. So so everybody's given their home run calls here in the chat. That's great. You gotta go to the discord Fancybros dot Com slash chat that's where you gotta log them except me because I'm famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did log mine, but I didn't need to the whips. This This was me all last year. If you followed too whips. As soon as I said that goes oh lock Vladen Now, anytime I gave a caveat, it was always on the other side.
Speaker 1: So locks Santander against his old team too. You gotta love that. You gotta love that. A little bit of a little bit of extra juice there. I love also, So how many peanuts and cracker jacks first day showed up here on Twitch live again Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros last week. Can watch us live, But we want you to also subscribe to the YouTube channel because we've got tons of extra content there. We've got other live streams there, We've got the cycle there, we've got all of the short form videos. We've got the waiver videos too. There, we've got all of the in season buy low, sell high trade videos. All that stuff's going to be living on our YouTube channel. So subscribe today to the YouTube channel. Ring the bell to the goes ding for notification. Drop your comments below. We're giving away free stuff in season two or jersey. You've got that Smoltz giveaway. I think we have to officially do as well. I don't know if that's this week or next week where that Smoltz jersey goes away. So how do you win it? Subscribe to the channel, drop your comments below this video or any video, and ring the belt so we can get in touch you and let you know if you are the big winner. Welsh, it's opening day, but it's the close of the first leading off. It's good to be back here doing the show every day. It's good to see the Peanuts and cracker Jacks. Good to see all of you as well. Shout out to our producer Michael Call, who's doing amazing work producing for us on the twitch here today too. Welsh, give me one thing you're excited to see today you're most excited about for opening Day.
Speaker 2: I am most excited to see my Diamondbacks. Put it to a dear friend of ours, Justin Steele. I'm going tonight. I will be at Opening Day with mister Scott Bogman. So Scott Bogman's the number one excitement to see. He is in town here in Phoenix, and I will see him in many hours from now watching the Dimonbacks live from Phoenix.
Speaker 1: For me, it's Wan Soto in a Mets uniform. Because now It's real now, it is really real. That lineup just came out to Lindor Soto, Alonso Viento's hitting four, Nimo five, Marte Taylor Acuna and turns catching with Clay Holmes on the mound. So amazing times. Here to be alive as a Met fan and again Mets fans with expectations not historically the best thing, but we'll see how it goes. So long show today, I hope you enjoyed it. It will be a little bit shorter most of the time because we know you got to get in and out for your daily baseball. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time, kids, Appy Opening Day.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB